PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Summer League thread

redsox12
07-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Summer league is getting more and more popular with every year and this year the rookies and 2nd year players are showcasing their talents.

For the first couple of days the Spurs, Hawks, Heat Lakers, Grizzles, Jazz, Warriors, and Kings are up first in summer league.

The highlight of yesterday was a nasty dunk on Mo Wagner by Marvin Bagley. Other standout performers from yesterday included Jarron Jackson Jr, Grayson Allen, Wagner, and Bagley. Harry Giles had a nice game as well.

Bostonjorge
07-04-2018, 02:05 PM
https://youtu.be/RmMRCJzhmjo

Bagley can finish.

Bostonjorge
07-04-2018, 02:12 PM
https://youtu.be/mK4o-23hzt8

Grayson Allen will be a good role player for Utah

GREATNESS ONE
07-04-2018, 02:12 PM
SL thread Lakers forum 252 > 3 NBA forum SL thread.... where's all the fans at?

Silent
07-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Jackson jr Beasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2ubwdPH7E

Bostonjorge
07-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Jackson jr Beasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2ubwdPH7E

8 threes for the big man. Impressive. His game is defense to.

Bostonjorge
07-06-2018, 01:53 AM
https://youtu.be/pRY7deyBDqA

Allen going to fit into Jazz main rotation nicely

Scoots
07-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Bunch of mostly nobodies playing for Warriors and they went 3-0 in Sacto. Play defense, move the ball. I like the new NBA

More-Than-Most
07-06-2018, 08:17 PM
when we all said how much of a steal Korkmuz was nobody listened : )

More-Than-Most
07-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Korkmaz

40pts
6Rebounds
1Turnover

10/18 FG
8/14 3point Fg.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2018, 12:09 AM
[Donovan Mitchell] Furkan out here hoopin 👀

This is the one guy nobody knew about that all sixer fans wanted and were high on. In b4 we send him to the spurs : (

BKLYNpigeon
07-07-2018, 02:15 AM
Summer league doesnít mean anything.

Marco Belinelli dropped over 40 points once in summer league. Donít believe the hype.

TrustJoseph
07-07-2018, 02:55 AM

Marco Belinelli dropped over 40 points once in summer league. Donít believe the hype.

Lmao folks be hating. It's not that he scored 40 its how he scored 40! On 18 shots boy! Get lost! Any fan base would be doing back flips if they had such a shooter.

GREATNESS ONE
07-07-2018, 02:55 AM
we're almost to the 2nd page guys!

More-Than-Most
07-07-2018, 03:08 AM

40 from a guy on 18 shots who honestly has no weaknesses and is 21 years old in less than a month... He is a guy that went like 26th but was suppose to be a top 12 player before he dropped massively in the draft because of an injuries. He is a guy we stole... Him and TLC should have gone way before we picked them... Korky has massive upside and this has 0 to do with his 40... as a sixer fan we wanted him so badly before he was even drafted because of his upside. Trust me if he was crap-okafor- I would be out here saying the dude is **** because the team a player plays on is irrelevant to me

More-Than-Most
07-07-2018, 03:11 AM
we're almost to the 2nd page guys!

lol we would be 30 pages deep if you guys owned your lottery pick this year : P

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2018, 09:05 AM
40 from a guy on 18 shots who honestly has no weaknesses and is 21 years old in less than a month... He is a guy that went like 26th but was suppose to be a top 12 player before he dropped massively in the draft because of an injuries. He is a guy we stole... Him and TLC should have gone way before we picked them... Korky has massive upside and this has 0 to do with his 40... as a sixer fan we wanted him so badly before he was even drafted because of his upside. Trust me if he was crap-okafor- I would be out here saying the dude is **** because the team a player plays on is irrelevant to me

Remember when Anthony Randolph look like the next Hakeem averaging 30 pts with ease

ewing
07-08-2018, 05:36 AM
when we all said how much of a steal Korkmuz was nobody listened : )

Iím still not listening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
07-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Same **** every year. Every one is going to go ham and homer on whomever is balling for their respective team.

Heediot
07-08-2018, 07:12 AM

He is skinny and has a weak frame, he's going to get bullied by regular rotation guys. He'll be lucky to be another Alex Abrines. Sure he can get hot and is a nice shooter, but I wouldn't count my eggs with him.

D-Leethal
07-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Kevin Knox is the truth.

ZH721
07-08-2018, 11:07 AM

TLC was fine where he was picked. Hasnít shown much, career 39% shooter. He was actually worse last year than his rookie season.

That was a great game by Korkmaz though.

I actually just looked back at the draft. TLC shouldíve gone lower, not ďway beforeĒ lol. You gotta chill with the homer stuff.

Vee-Rex
07-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Cedi Osman shredding these cats in the summer league. He's gonna put up 20ppg in the NBA next year as long as Lue gives him the minutes he deserves.

Sexton looked solid too and had his best game yet.

steamroller
07-12-2018, 02:22 AM
I'm trying to hate Grayson Allen, but finding it very difficult to do so. His ref flop was a first for me. Never seen that before.

ewing
07-12-2018, 05:33 AM
I'm trying to hate Grayson Allen, but finding it very difficult to do so. His ref flop was a first for me. Never seen that before.

I love him but itís largely bc he is so hateable. If Grayson earns mins he will be hated league wide by the all star break

Rocco007
07-16-2018, 12:31 AM
:clap::lift::hi5::rock::cheers::win:

KingstonHawke
07-16-2018, 06:59 AM
NBA is still dropping the ball. They need to change the eligibility rule so that it's 1 year of d-league or 3 (maybe even 4) years of college.

What that would do is allow all the one and dones to come straight to the league where they would benefit more from being in the NBA system and could get paid. And all the talents that weren't super highly recruited like Donavin Mitchell could dominate a more stable NCAA atmosphere and gain exposure while doing so.

If there were 32 teams and they played a tournament style playoffs we'd all go crazy for it every year. And players with huge potential followings would have that attention converted to other young players. Think Jimmer Freddette, Anthony Bennett, and Jahlil Okafor all on the same team playing against players at there same level.

Those games would sell out better than some pro teams at a fraction of the expense. If the G League was bigger, Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz could've spent all year down there developing their jumper and dominating. All the while raising their stock. And more veterans would get to stay in the league longer once more increasing overall exposure and fan base.

IKnowHoops
07-16-2018, 10:20 AM
I love him but itís largely bc he is so hateable. If Grayson earns mins he will be hated league wide by the all star break

Makes sense

IndyRealist
07-16-2018, 11:13 AM

I don't even watch college ball and I already hate him.

tredigs
07-16-2018, 01:24 PM

38% from the field in 26 mpg during summer league is pretty ratchet, especially when it includes an outlier performance like that. Seems as if he struggled mightily in the few minutes he got last season also. Color me unimpressed.

TheDish87
07-16-2018, 03:42 PM
he wasnt really with the team last year and missed a lot of time with an injury but dont listen to mtm hes way off on just about everything here. Kormkaz ceiling is something like Belinelli probably with better defense. He wasnt a steal at 26.

Vee-Rex
07-16-2018, 04:20 PM
he wasnt really with the team last year and missed a lot of time with an injury but dont listen to mtm hes way off on just about everything here. Kormkaz ceiling is something like Belinelli probably with better defense. He wasnt a steal at 26.

mtm has put the Sixers on the map on these forums. His hard work has resulted in the Sixers (well mainly Embiid) being well-represented here. Put some RESPECK on mtm's name

TheDish87
07-16-2018, 04:21 PM
hes gotten better about going overboard with stuff but those Komrmaz posts were just so insanely far off.

Vee-Rex
07-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Collin ****in Sexton just put the Cavs on his back. It has gone to OT.

Vee-Rex
07-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Double OT.

Unfortunately Sexton is playing his 4th game in 4 nights and is drained.

Silent
07-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Sexton NIC

D Blue987
07-16-2018, 11:27 PM
Sexton looks like a beast. Hart looks every bit like a 2nd year player should and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk looks like an absolute steal for the Lakers right now.

Lakers + Giants
07-16-2018, 11:56 PM
Sexton looks like a beast. Hart looks every bit like a 2nd year player should and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk looks like an absolute steal for the Lakers right now.

This, I never watch summer league tbh. Tuned in to this game at the start of the 2nd half and was entertaining af

GREATNESS ONE
07-17-2018, 03:17 AM
lol we would be 30 pages deep if you guys owned your lottery pick this year : P

Lol youíre underestimating the Lakers fan base :p check the Lakers forum SL thread, weíre in the 50ís and with one more game tomorrow weíll easily add 10-20 more pages. :nod:

IndyRealist
07-17-2018, 08:46 AM
In case anyone wants the blurb about last night

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/16/2018-summer-standouts-day-14-july-16

Vinylman
07-17-2018, 08:52 AM
its summer league...

wake me up when the adults are on the court

prodigy
07-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know why Osman and Zizic did not play for the cavs? I tuned in to see them play since both are projected to be key players this season. Zizic had to return home for something but if Osman played cavs prob would've won. I know its summer league and who really cares, but would've liked to see this young kid play.

prodigy
07-17-2018, 09:22 AM
its summer league...

wake me up when the adults are on the court

Well you entered the summer league thread lol. So wake up.

prodigy
07-17-2018, 09:24 AM

Hart needs to drive a lot more though or pull of for the 15-18 footers. i think hes a really good finisher, hopefully he doesn't stunt himself to just being a shooter. Lebron will have that effect on guys, Lakers got young talented players they need to stay aggressive.

Vee-Rex
07-17-2018, 11:42 AM
This, I never watch summer league tbh. Tuned in to this game at the start of the 2nd half and was entertaining af

Yeah it was pretty entertaining. Lakers have a WEALTH of young talent.

Vee-Rex
07-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know why Osman and Zizic did not play for the cavs? I tuned in to see them play since both are projected to be key players this season. Zizic had to return home for something but if Osman played cavs prob would've won. I know its summer league and who really cares, but would've liked to see this young kid play.

Osman hasn't played the last 3 or 4 games, and Zizic only played in a couple games himself.

Both were pretty dominant when they played (Osman was CLEARLY above most of the competition). My guess is the Cavs didn't want to risk injury to Cedi and Zizic for meaningless games. Kind of makes you wonder why they would play Sexton 4 games in 4 nights if that were a concern, heh.

Vinylman
07-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Yeah it was pretty entertaining. Lakers have a WEALTH of young talent.

huh? only two guys that played last night will be on the roster...

Vee-Rex
07-17-2018, 04:17 PM
huh? only two guys that played last night will be on the roster...

Right, two young guys beasting in Summer League will supplement the likes of Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Kyle Kuzma. That's 5 nice young pieces.

How is that not a WEALTH of young talent?

GREATNESS ONE
07-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Right, two young guys beasting in Summer League will supplement the likes of Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Kyle Kuzma. That's 5 nice young pieces.

:nod:

Going to enjoy you in the LA GT's. It's going to be fun.Pretty hilarious how much they get bashed in here but all good, let's just sit back and watch what happens.

Vinylman
07-17-2018, 07:22 PM

2 of the 5 will be gone by the deadline...

summer league is a joke Ö might as well go watch pick up games in Venice

Vee-Rex
07-17-2018, 09:56 PM
:nod:

Going to enjoy you in the LA GT's. It's going to be fun.Pretty hilarious how much they get bashed in here but all good, let's just sit back and watch what happens.

:hi5:

Lakers + Giants
07-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Vee, would be a pleasure to have you post in the lakers forum. One of the best posters here on PSD.

Vee-Rex
07-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Vee, would be a pleasure to have you post in the lakers forum. One of the best posters here on PSD.

https://jgvjg48436.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/21647iA61594F3214BAD13?v=1.0

Bostonjorge
07-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Josh Hart won Summer league MVP. Lakers scouts are scary good.

Silent
07-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Josh Hart won Summer league MVP. Lakers scouts are scary good.

He did bad in the final game.

Portland was on his ***

Scoots
07-18-2018, 08:37 PM
He did bad in the final game.

Portland was on his ***

And it's a lot easier to look good and to grow when the team is bad. Now the pressure is on and the mistakes will not be so easily forgiven. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers youngsters shrink a little.