PDA

View Full Version : Sixers trade for Wilson Chandler

warfelg
07-03-2018, 04:48 PM

Dade County
07-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Do they feel that they are out of the Kawhi circus?

HunterNRoss
07-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Do they feel that they are out of the Kawhi circus?

I mean they still can but it does make it harder. Means in order to complete the trade the salary's have to just about match.

YAALREADYKNO
07-03-2018, 05:05 PM

So the 76ers are getting Wilson Chandler and basically two 2nd round draft picks for cash??? Looks like the nuggets just wanted to dump salary

Joemoes
07-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Chandler almost seems like a Covington replacement in case a deal does go down.

warfelg
07-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Chandler can be traded without a waiting time because he was dealt alone.

Gives flexibility in a trade of Covington or Saric.

If not and we do keep him it’s a 1 year $12 mil deal; and gives us a long wing who can defend and won’t **** himself if he needs to dribble.

Joemoes
07-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Chandler can be traded without a waiting time because he was dealt alone.

Gives flexibility in a trade of Covington or Saric.
If not and we do keep him it’s a 1 year $12 mil deal; and gives us a long wing who can defend and won’t **** himself if he needs to dribble.

And a future 2nd. He's not an awful player he had a lot of inconsistent play time at times I feel like

warfelg
07-03-2018, 05:28 PM
And a future 2nd. He's not an awful player he had a lot of inconsistent play time at times I feel like

Meant player wise. We also brought him in with cap space which means he can be included.

Heediot
07-03-2018, 06:19 PM
nuggets just need to dump arthur or farried + asset and they'll be under the tax!

tp13baby
07-03-2018, 06:32 PM
So the 76ers are getting Wilson Chandler and basically two 2nd round draft picks for cash??? Looks like the nuggets just wanted to dump salary

We are still about 9 mil over the lux tax. That’s our only goal. Glad cause we needed to move younger guys in to that position

mgjohnson7851
07-03-2018, 06:50 PM
As a Nuggets fan all I can say is thank God! Awful contract, not a good player, poor leader, and shrinks in the biggest stages.

Thanks for the astounding 0 points in 48 minutes when it was the most important game of the season and essentially a play in game!

Now to let all the young guys grow up.

zn23
07-03-2018, 06:51 PM
As a Nuggets fan all I can say is thank God! Awful contract, not a good player, poor leader, and shrinks in the biggest stages.

Thanks for the astounding 0 points in 48 minutes when it was the most important game of the season and essentially a play in game!

Now to let all the young guys grow up.

Absolutely.

He checked out last season, there were several games where he gave little to no effort and obviously didn't want to play on the team anymore.

It might be good for both parties. Chandler gets a fresh start and the Nuggets don't have to deal with him or his contract.

Now if they can only unload Faried's contract...

mgjohnson7851
07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Absolutely.

He checked out last season, there were several games where he gave little to no effort and obviously didn't want to play on the team anymore.

It might be good for both parties. Chandler gets a fresh start and the Nuggets don't have to deal with him or his contract.

Now if they can only unload Faried's contract...Yeah Faried might be a bit tougher, but if Connelly can get out of that one, he gets an A+ off season imo.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Good deal.

Scoots
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
That's a good move. Chandler is under-rated when he's engaged, and he's another movable asset. Doing pretty good for not having a GM.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2018, 07:40 PM
great deal for both teams... we get a good 2 way player and picks... denver saves a ****ing ton on a player that really didnt try last season with them because he didnt want to be there. Win/win.

I love how with no GM we are making great moves... Colangelo would have traded the house for something stupid at this point

Chronz
07-03-2018, 08:28 PM
great deal for both teams... we get a good 2 way player and picks... denver saves a ****ing ton on a player that really didnt try last season with them because he didnt want to be there. Win/win.

I love how with no GM we are making great moves... Colangelo would have traded the house for something stupid at this point

He set you guys back. The hinkie plan was working out, then the league interfered. But he's no 2way guy

hugepatsfan
07-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Good for Denver to dump the full deal. I figured with cap space so limited that they’d have to settle for moving him for a lesser salary to only save partial.

KnickNyKnick
07-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Chandler is a gem for the sixers, great pick up.

beasted86
07-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Chandler sucks at this point. He's going to ride the bench unless there is an injury. Not sure why Sixers fans are trying to convince themselves otherwise. Reminds me of the Okafor for Booker move where fans similarly convinced themselves Booker was a solid depth piece. No.

2 way player my ***. This was an asset grab and a depth insurance move. He's not playing. Decent move for both sides nonetheless.

TrueFan420
07-04-2018, 12:45 PM
He set you guys back. The hinkie plan was working out, then the league interfered. But he's no 2way guy

It's a one year deal tho. So they'll still be players in FA next year and if he gets back to his old ways he'd make a good pick up for the season. If not they get a second rounder and an upgrade on a second rounder. It's a win win for them.

Vinylman
07-04-2018, 01:02 PM
meh… the pick doesn't make it worth it.

there are still plenty of guys out there in FA that are just as good that could be had for $12 million per year.

This is where teams have to stop bailing out the teams that go way into the LT.

They should have demanded a first... Denver needed to unload payroll... this was a gift

tp13baby
07-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Chandler is a gem for the sixers, great pick up.

Depends. If he returns to previous years form. If he plays like he did last year, someone on the market would of been better for less.

Vinylman
07-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Depends. If he returns to previous years form. If he plays like he did last year, someone on the market would of been better for less.

yep... this was a gift to Denver... These dumb owners need to just tell teams like Denver to **** off and suck up the LT bill or pony up with a real offer...

only way things are gonna change.

warfelg
07-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Meh, he possibly gives us what we need. Length, savvy, a guy that can defend, shoot, dribble.

And if he doesn't we got a 2nd, and a swap at a time where we would potentially need cheap contract because we are into the tax or at least over the soft cap.

Scoots
07-05-2018, 08:54 AM

It was the owner who folded.

Vinylman
07-05-2018, 09:20 AM
It was the owner who folded.

What? He might have "folded" but it was the league that pressured him into the bad decision. Left to their own devices Hinkie would still be there today and dare I say the 76ers would have a better roster BY FAR

Scoots
07-05-2018, 09:33 AM
What? He might have "folded" but it was the league that pressured him into the bad decision. Left to their own devices Hinkie would still be there today and dare I say the 76ers would have a better roster BY FAR

Yes, but it was the owner who fired him. The decision was by the owner folding to the pressure from other owners. It just goes hand in hand with my belief that ownership is the single most important factor in success in the NBA. Jeannie took the Lakers back and things started getting better immediately and hopefully things will keep getting better ... ownership makes the difference in the long term with winning and losing.

warfelg
07-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes, but it was the owner who fired him. The decision was by the owner folding to the pressure from other owners. It just goes hand in hand with my belief that ownership is the single most important factor in success in the NBA. Jeannie took the Lakers back and things started getting better immediately and hopefully things will keep getting better ... ownership makes the difference in the long term with winning and losing.

Sorry but wrong. The NBA pushed Harris to bring on a consultant. They gave him a list with JC being the only worthwhile name. Got them to hire Jerry.

Jerry propositioned the idea of co-GM responsibility between Bryan and Sam. Sam balked at the idea. They tried to talk out an idea to make it work, and when it came down Bryan/Jerry would have final say, and Sam was co-GM in title only.

So Sam resigned.
Then Jerry “recused” himself from the process. And in 24 hours the owners “interviewed” 75 people for the job.

And from the rumor mill the spark was Sam not addressing media the day after the **** hit the fan with Jahlil were we learned about the Boston fight, the speeding ticket, and another fight where a guy pulled a gun on him. Other owners were upset he wasn’t suspended right away and Sam didn’t address media and answer questions about it.

But here’s the thing. Ask local media and they say Sam wouldn’t stop talking. He loved to talk. Issue was he didn’t want to give sound bites.

Scoots
07-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Sorry but wrong. The NBA pushed Harris to bring on a consultant. They gave him a list with JC being the only worthwhile name. Got them to hire Jerry.

Jerry propositioned the idea of co-GM responsibility between Bryan and Sam. Sam balked at the idea. They tried to talk out an idea to make it work, and when it came down Bryan/Jerry would have final say, and Sam was co-GM in title only.

So Sam resigned.
Then Jerry “recused” himself from the process. And in 24 hours the owners “interviewed” 75 people for the job.

And from the rumor mill the spark was Sam not addressing media the day after the **** hit the fan with Jahlil were we learned about the Boston fight, the speeding ticket, and another fight where a guy pulled a gun on him. Other owners were upset he wasn’t suspended right away and Sam didn’t address media and answer questions about it.

But here’s the thing. Ask local media and they say Sam wouldn’t stop talking. He loved to talk. Issue was he didn’t want to give sound bites.

I understand that Sam resigned, but the vast majority of people who are publicly stripped of their power will resign too. It's a de-facto firing.

Or is your point that that process was not the fault of team ownership? Did the NBA officially require the Sixers franchise to make a change or was it just pressure on ownership to do it? I took it to be pressure in which case it was a decision by ownership that caused Hinkie to leave.

warfelg
07-05-2018, 10:19 AM
I understand that Sam resigned, but the vast majority of people who are publicly stripped of their power will resign too. It's a de-facto firing.

Or is your point that that process was not the fault of team ownership? Did the NBA officially require the Sixers franchise to make a change or was it just pressure on ownership to do it? I took it to be pressure in which case it was a decision by ownership that caused Hinkie to leave.

It was forced pressure. They put the pressure on to do it, but they recommended who, they placed the call to make it happen (NBA), and they pushed the “Sam doesn’t talk enough angle” (NBA).

So nothing that happened from Jerry being hired to Bryan being hired was not the process of the ownership. They were very much told what to do.

Scoots
07-05-2018, 10:46 AM
It was forced pressure. They put the pressure on to do it, but they recommended who, they placed the call to make it happen (NBA), and they pushed the “Sam doesn’t talk enough angle” (NBA).

So nothing that happened from Jerry being hired to Bryan being hired was not the process of the ownership. They were very much told what to do.

So, you are saying Sixers ownership was not allowed to make a decision? Had ownership refused to take the suggested action what do you think would have happened? The NBA didn't, to my knowledge, take any "official" action in that process. The buck stops on the owners desk without official NBA action. The NBA is capable of taking action against owners, see the Clippers and Hornets as recent examples ... but I think they would have never taken official steps had Hinkie stayed in place.

beasted86
07-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Hinkie is so great of an analytics guy he wasn't hired by any other NBA team, right? Such a mastermind that two of his prized lottery picks were busts?

Traded Jrue for Noel. One guy is so good he got a GM to sign him you a $27M+ contract and puts up 19/6/5 with good defense. The other guy is a minimum bench player now.

Jahlil Okafor might not be in the NBA next season.

We get the team was tanking and it was part of the overall plan. But these billionaire owners also have huge egos. Can't be consecutively breaking losing records. He was losing face. The 1-21 start forced his hand.

warfelg
07-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Name me a team that hits on all their draft picks. Lol. Come on.

Oakmont_4
07-05-2018, 12:03 PM

Ainge 3 for 3 in the lotto Tatum/Brown/Smart

beasted86
07-05-2018, 12:05 PM

There really isn't, but if it's literally all your planning for and the season is a throwaway every year, you can't afford to have a total bust. You have to get something. Some valued asset that can be flipped for something almost as good later. You didn't get 6th pick value when you traded Noel or anything close. Didn't get 3rd pick value or anything remotely close when trading Okafor. Basically got nothing for MCW also.

What got Hinkie demoted and forced him to quit is simply he embarrassed a billionaire owner. It's the simple indisputable truth. Put him under spotlight of the league and made him lose face with the record breaking losing.

I know things worked out now, but do you guys really understand how close you were to having Embiid also be an injury bust? That would have been 4 completely and totally wasted years. Embiid's questionable status played into the decision at the time.

TheDish87
07-05-2018, 12:08 PM
woahhhh what we got nothing for MCW, are you an idiot?

beasted86
07-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Not an idiot. Simply forgot that's how you guys got in the draft this year.

TakeYourL
07-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Hinkes job was to tank and get fired when it was over, there as no way he was ever going to make it past all those years.

But anyone saying anything he did was genius or hard to do is giving him way to much credit.

The way philly built their team has to be one of the most pathetic things we have seen in professional sports history.

beasted86
07-05-2018, 12:15 PM
But I understand if all you can do is pick out the one mistake when everything else is right.

TheDish87
07-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Hinkes job was to tank and get fired when it was over, there as no way he was ever going to make it past all those years.

But anyone saying anything he did was genius or hard to do is giving him way to much credit.

The way philly built their team has to be one of the most pathetic things we have seen in professional sports history.

what does that say about teams that were wrose during that period like the Lakers and Kings for example?

Scoots
07-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Ainge 3 for 3 in the lotto Tatum/Brown/Smart

Ainge is certainly pretty good ... but as an example he passed on Capela and Jokic for Smart. So he's not perfect.

Scoots
07-05-2018, 12:36 PM

If they make the finals a few times this decade every other owner and GM would consider it.

Oakmont_4
07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Ainge is certainly pretty good ... but as an example he passed on Capela and Jokic for Smart. So he's not perfect.

Not saying he is. He's passed on a lot of good players. But the question was framed hitting in the lottery and war said name a team that hits on them all. Ainge has hit on every lotto pick he has taken. Which is impressive. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others out there but I'm not as familiar with their history as I am Ainge's. But to this point - Ainge hasn't had a single bust in the lottery.

warfelg
07-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Not saying he is. He's passed on a lot of good players. But the question was framed hitting in the lottery and war said name a team that hits on them all. Ainge has hit on every lotto pick he has taken. Which is impressive. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others out there but I'm not as familiar with their history as I am Ainge's. But to this point - Ainge hasn't had a single bust in the lottery.

Lets go through his draft history:
2003 - Troy Bell (16); Dahntay Hones (20)
2004 - Al Jefferson (15); Delonte West (24); Tony Allen (25)
2005 - Gerald Green (18)
2006 - Randy Foye (7)
2007 - Jeff Green (5)
2008 - JR Giddens (30)
2010 - Avery Bradley (19)
2011 - MarShon Brooks (25)
2012 - Jared Sullinger (21); Fab Melo (22)
2013 - Lucas Nogueira (16, traded for Kelly Olynyk)
2014 - Marcus Smart (6); James Young (17)
2015 - Terry Rozier (16); RJ Hunter (28)
2016 - Jaylen Brown (3); Guerschon Yahusele (16)
2017 - Jayson Tatum (3)

I would say that's a pretty spotty history, especially higher up.

Oakmont_4
07-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Lets go through his draft history:
2003 - Troy Bell (16); Dahntay Hones (20) - Bell was a trade
2004 - Al Jefferson (15); Delonte West (24); Tony Allen (25)
2005 - Gerald Green (18)
2006 - Randy Foye (7) trade
2007 - Jeff Green (5) Trade
2008 - JR Giddens (30)
2010 - Avery Bradley (19)
2011 - MarShon Brooks (25)
2012 - Jared Sullinger (21); Fab Melo (22)
2013 - Lucas Nogueira (16, traded for Kelly Olynyk)
2014 - Marcus Smart (6); James Young (17)
2015 - Terry Rozier (16); RJ Hunter (28)
2016 - Jaylen Brown (3); Guerschon Yahusele (16)
2017 - Jayson Tatum (3)

I would say that's a pretty spotty history, especially higher up.

You missed the word lottery

Basically anything before 20 has been a hit though.