PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jimmy Bulter wants out of Minn, wants to team with Kyrie

redsox12
07-03-2018, 02:15 PM
According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, Jimmy Butler is "all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates, specifically center Karl-Anthony Towns."
Per Crowley's league source, Butler also said that he has no intentions of signing an extension with Minnesota. In addition, Butler and Kyrie Irving are determined to play together, "whether that means the Celtics try and acquire Butler this summer or the two simply wait a year, both opt out of their player options after the season, and join forces that way." We will wait and see how Butler responds to these rumors before placing too much credence in the report. Stay tuned.

rotoworld

This is very interesting if true. There's two ways to look at this. Could Boston trade for Jimmy Butler, ESPN trade machine works out on this trade.

Boston gets Butler

Minn gets Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris, Yabusele, and Nader

This could insure Kyrie and Butler resigns with BOS to give Boston a core of Tatum, Kyrie, Butler, Hayward and Horford.

It also give Minn the flexibility to resign Towns, and Wiggins and have a young core of Towns, Wiggins, and Brown.

Or does Boston trade for Towns and sends Irving to Minn. ESPN trade machine works out this trade.

Towns and Teague to Boston for Kyrie giving us these lineups.

Boston

SG Brown/Tatum
PG Teague/Rozier
SF Hayward
PF Horford
C Towns

Minn

SG Wiggins
PG Kyrie
SF Butler
PF Gibson
C ?

This gives Minn the duo that may want to play together to resign both, and Boston get out from under Kyrie and now has to just resign Towns.

If the report is true, which looks more likely playing out?

TakeYourL
07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Damn, is towns really that lazy and careless?

Didn't watch many minny games, but it's all I heard about him all season it seems like. Couldn't even believe when I read that he may be available.

Lakers + Giants
07-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Now I understand why Hawkeye says he watches less games.

carlessyen
07-03-2018, 02:38 PM
I see them doing this in Chicago. I dont see it happening in Boston. I figure Boston looking to move Kyrie already, and he will sign with Chicago next season. Which is better for Boston anyways, because I think he'd hurt the defensive flow, and chemistry of offense, Maye send 1st, Kyrie, and Morris to Spurs for Leonard. Have a lineup of Terry, Hayward, Leonard, Tatum, and Horford. looks pretty good team improves greatly esp on defense.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 02:46 PM
if Butler thinks KAT and Wiggins are lazy on defense, wait until he plays with Irving...

seriously though, if this is true, whatever. I can't even care enough about the Wolves anymore. Until Taylor dies, they are screwed anyways. Inept knows no boundary in sports...

Scoots
07-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Damn, is towns really that lazy and careless?

Didn't watch many minny games, but it's all I heard about him all season it seems like. Couldn't even believe when I read that he may be available.

I don't know about off the court, but it certainly looked like Thibs and Butler were having a heck of a time motivating him to play hard.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 02:49 PM
if Butler thinks KAT and Wiggins are lazy on defense, wait until he plays with Irving...

seriously though, if this is true, whatever. I can't even care enough about the Wolves anymore. Until Taylor dies, they are screwed anyways. Inept knows no boundary in sports...

Kyrie is competitive and takes the games serious, though. Lazy on defense isn't indicative of how competitive Kyrie is. We've seen LeBron give up defensively but he's very competitive otherwise. KAT and Wiggins just want to play Fortnite after every game. They are kids who came from the suburbs and can care less about winning. It's not even worth watching Minny anymore. Thibs can't coach any longer and his defensive tactics are way outdated.

Scoots

I have sympathy ... **** owners are the worst. Even when things look like they are getting better they get screwed up. Raiders and Warriors fans spent a LONG time in that pit.

Vinylman
Woj Reporting

Butler to dubs for Iggy and filler

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Woj Reporting

No way. Warriors are giving up way too much.

mngopher35
07-03-2018, 02:51 PM
I mean didn't Butler have issues in the Bulls locker room too before getting shipped out?

We gotta get rid of Thibs and find a new direction for this team ASAP. Celtics wanna keep Kyrie around for sure? Come get Butler please.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 02:52 PM
I have sympathy ... **** owners are the worst. Even when things look like they are getting better they get screwed up. Raiders and Warriors fans spent a LONG time in that pit.

yep, the worst. Absolute worst. The Wolves won't get anything right while Taylor owns the team.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 02:52 PM
I mean didn't Butler have issues in the Bulls locker room too before getting shipped out?

We gotta get rid of Thibs and find a new direction for this team ASAP. Celtics wanna keep Kyrie around for sure? Come get Butler please.

His locker room was one we should applaud. He was sick of how the rest of the Bulls players didn't take the game serious enough. He's just highly competitive and wants to play with people who cared about winning as much as he does.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 02:53 PM
His locker room was one we should applaud. He was sick of how the rest of the Bulls players didn't take the game serious enough. He's just highly competitive and wants to play with people who cared about winning as much as he does.

then he will go from team to team. Sorry, many people haven't had to scratch and claw their way to adulthood. Butler will always find teammates that made it on talent alone, and don't have the mentality he does. Same with any job out there.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 02:54 PM
then he will go from team to team. Sorry, many people haven't had to scratch and claw their way to adulthood. Butler will always find teammates that made it on talent alone, and don't have the mentality he does. Same with any job out there.

I think that's why he wants to play with Kyrie. He'll fit well on a veteran ball club or a legitimate contender that cares about winning.

Scoots
07-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Woj Reporting

Sounds like a deal!

ewing
07-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Well if they are friends and want to play together I expected the owners and league to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 02:57 PM
I think that's why he wants to play with Kyrie. He'll fit well on a veteran ball club or a legitimate contender that cares about winning.

you are overselling Kyrie imo. If all he cared about was winning, he would have been a Cav last year. I am a documented Irving hater, I can't stand anything about him. He hits buckets at the right time, bout it. Everything else is nauseating about his game to me.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Well if they are friends and want to play together I expected the owners and league to get it done

haha, perfectly put

Scoots
07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
yep, the worst. Absolute worst. The Wolves won't get anything right while Taylor owns the team.

In every discussion about improving the NBA I try to add ways to get rid of **** owners and people just act like I'm crazy. The best thing I have come up with is limit owners of teams out of the playoffs to attending only half the number of games their team wins the next year ... so the Suns ownership would only be allowed at 11 games next year.

KB24PG16
07-03-2018, 02:59 PM
story makes sense about kat. he's dlo's best friend they're cut from the same cloth lol

mngopher35
07-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Caring about winning can come with being a good teammate, that's where the questions for Jimmy come in given his past issues and what has been said etc. I get he might be more competitive than others but that doesn't mean make it into a one man show either and go around complaining to media etc.

I have no doubt there would be frustration coming in with these young guys, specifically Wiggins. It is so obvious with him individually he isn't even near Towns in effort etc. This specifies Towns though. I think there might be reasons for that related to Jimmy's ego but was just pointing out this is an issue that has followed Butler before.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 03:02 PM
you are overselling Kyrie imo. If all he cared about was winning, he would have been a Cav last year. I am a documented Irving hater, I can't stand anything about him. He hits buckets at the right time, bout it. Everything else is nauseating about his game to me.

I think you're underselling Kyrie, honestly. By all accounts, Kyrie is one of the most competitive individuals in the game. He wanted to leave Cleveland because they promised him his own team, went ahead and signed LeBron, and then tried to put him on the trading block. There are not many players I would take over Kyrie if I needed to win one game because you know he's going to try his best offensively. Defensively is another case but under the right situation (such as Boston), you can hide him effectively.

LOb0
07-03-2018, 03:04 PM
rotoworld

This is very interesting if true. There's two ways to look at this. Could Boston trade for Jimmy Butler, ESPN trade machine works out on this trade.

Boston gets Butler

Minn gets Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris, Yabusele, and Nader

https://i.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Jaylen is younger, cheaper, and improving. No chance in hell, heaven, earth, space or parallel universe would Danny do that.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 03:04 PM
I think you're underselling Kyrie, honestly. By all accounts, Kyrie is one of the most competitive individuals in the game. He wanted to leave Cleveland because they promised him his own team, went ahead and signed LeBron, and then tried to put him on the trading block. There are not many players I would take over Kyrie if I needed to win one game because you know he's going to try his best offensively. Defensively is another case but under the right situation (such as Boston), you can hide him effectively.

situational stars aren't my thing. His game is playground, I hate it. We get it, you can dribble really well. So you just ran 20 seconds off the clock, and you will melt on the other end the moment a pick hits you.

Just hate his game dude, it's the definition of what I don't like in a player. Reminds me of Rondo on national TV back in the late 2000's. No thanks.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Caring about winning can come with being a good teammate, that's where the questions for Jimmy come in given his past issues and what has been said etc. I get he might be more competitive than others but that doesn't mean make it into a one man show either and go around complaining to media etc.

I have no doubt there would be frustration coming in with these young guys, specifically Wiggins. It is so obvious with him individually he isn't even near Towns in effort etc. This specifies Towns though. I think there might be reasons for that related to Jimmy's ego but was just pointing out this is an issue that has followed Butler before.

It's the same issue, though: he wants players to care about the game as much as he does. Butler was a nobody when he came into the league and made something of himself. His father abandoned him and his mom kicked him out at age 13. Dude probably got pissed others are screwing around when he had to work so hard to get to where he is. I'd take him on my team any day. Towns and Wiggins? Idk if I'd even take Towns over a few other players of his position. He's got talent but he's a child right now.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 03:09 PM
It's the same issue, though: he wants players to care about the game as much as he does. Butler was a nobody when he came into the league and made something of himself. His father abandoned him and his mom kicked him out at age 13. Dude probably got pissed others are screwing around when he had to work so hard to get to where he is. I'd take him on my team any day.

if Butler can't play with people who don't share his mentality, he will bounce from team to team, or create toxicity though. I appreciate people like Butler, but not everyone is like him. If he can't understand that, he will be the one suffering.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 03:11 PM
if Butler can't play with people who don't share his mentality, he will bounce from team to team, or create toxicity though. I appreciate people like Butler, but not everyone is like him. If he can't understand that, he will be the one suffering.

That's why I said he needs to be on a contender or with Kyrie - someone he trusts that will be competitive. Butler's not built for a rebuilding team. Dude just wants to win, period. Minny doesn't provide that. I would be so sick of playing with Wiggins from day one.

LOb0
07-03-2018, 03:12 PM

Or he'll get to a spot where people actually give a s**t and be fine.

mngopher35
07-03-2018, 03:12 PM
It's the same issue, though: he wants players to care about the game as much as he does. Butler was a nobody when he came into the league and made something of himself. His father abandoned him and his mom kicked him out at age 13. Dude probably got pissed others are screwing around when he had to work so hard to get to where he is. I'd take him on my team any day. Towns and Wiggins? Idk if I'd even take Towns over a few other players of his position. He's got talent but he's a child right now.

Sure, he is still on his rookie contract and that's why it's obvious who we should keep that's not the point I am making though. I made my thoughts clear when we traded for him, this isn't surprising to me personally. It has nothing to do with not thinking he is a fighter.

I am saying that just because you are more competitive than others doesn't mean you get to go all diva on everyone and should leak things to the press, let out stories about who you wanna play with next year, be a problem in the locker room etc. A true competitor is going to work his butt off to improve himself and his teammates not look for ways to team with a buddy next year or whine to others. This is ego as much as anything else imo.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 03:14 PM
C'mon man, ya'll need to think about Butler and his situation. Dude is not getting any younger and wants to win. He got sick of teammates who are tanking (Chicago) and is tired of babysitting (Minny). Stick him on the Sixers, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs.. dude will be put in a situation where he can win with players who want to win.

Bostonjorge
07-03-2018, 03:15 PM
That Brown for Butler deal sounds nice. Butler under Stevens sounds like a match made in heaven.

Towns
Wiggins
Brown

Nice core to grow together. They become a real cool team to be on the watch for.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 03:16 PM
I love how people think certain players "deserve" things.

Wolves suck. They always will. Oh well. Butler gets paid a ton of money, he can choose to go anywhere he wants. Irving is overrated, but scores in cool ways, and got hot at the perfect time a few years ago.

My take on this-the Wolves screwed up hiring Thib's, but even more so, the Wolves are screwed for good until Taylor dies or sells. I don't care what Butler does, the Wolves made their bed by hiring Thib's, and giving him complete control. Now they can deal with the consequences of that decision.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Jimmy needs to play on a team with vets or a team that plays hard as hell all the time. He canít play with young guys who donít csre as much about winning as him.

Celtics
Heat
Spurs
Raptors
Thunder
Blazers

Many more obviously that would be nice fits for him.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Clear cap and get these guys next summer Wade!

JOSKOMANG4
07-03-2018, 03:33 PM
KNICKS PULL THE TRIGGER!!

TRADE 1: Trade Tim Hardaway Jr, R.Baker(expiring contract), L.Thomas(partial guarantee, 1.0m, for 19-20 season), and 2019 lottery protected 1st rd pick(unprotected for 2020) for Jimmy Butler & G.Dieng(48million owed next 3-seasons).

Why Min? Trade away disgruntled player and atrocious contract for Poor-man's version of Butler(Hardaway), L.Thomas(swap with Dieng, saves team over 15 million in 2019-2020 & 2020-2021 each), and 1st rd pick(lottery protected in 2019, unprotected in 2020).

L: Towns/Gibson/Wiggins/Hardaway/Teague
B: Patton, Tolliver, Okojie, Baker, Rose, T.Jones, Diop

2nd trade: Trade Porzingis & J.Noah to Celtics for Kyrie Irving.

Why Celtics? Win-win trade. This trade allows you to keep Marcus Smart(4yr 54million), build around future(KP can contribute NOW & becomes heir apparent to Horford's starting C position when his contract expires). Noah adds depth behind backup A.Baynes. Noah's deal sucks now, but it'll expire just in time for Tatum, Brown, and Rozier to be renewed.

BOS: Horford/Tatum/Hayward/Brown/Rozier
B: Baynes, KP, Morris, Smart.
O: Noah, B.Wiliams. Semi.

The knicks are now in win-now. With Lebron in the western conference, this team, IMO, can compete for a playoff position THIS SEASON.

L: Kanter/Knox/Butler/Lee/Irving
B: Robinson, Dieng, Hezonga, Ntilkina, Mudaiy, Burke, Kornet

Vee-Rex
07-03-2018, 03:42 PM
situational stars aren't my thing. His game is playground, I hate it. We get it, you can dribble really well. So you just ran 20 seconds off the clock, and you will melt on the other end the moment a pick hits you.

Just hate his game dude, it's the definition of what I don't like in a player. Reminds me of Rondo on national TV back in the late 2000's. No thanks.

That's just your exaggerated, hyperbolic opinion of Kyrie. He played very well within Brad Stevens's system and contributed to winning basketball.

His handles are far more methodical than you give credit and allows him to dominate one-on-one and defeat traps. Defenses must send waves at him.

In the playoffs he puts forth a more noticeable effort on defense.

No, he doesn't play the style that would ever make you like him but you don't gotta try to diminish his game. It IS effective and coveted in this league.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2018, 03:45 PM
That's just your exaggerated, hyperbolic opinion of Kyrie. He played very well within Brad Stevens's system and contributed to winning basketball.

His handles are far more methodical than you give credit and allows him to dominate one-on-one and defeat traps. Defenses must send waves at him.

No, he doesn't play the style that would ever make you like him but you don't gotta try to diminish his game. It IS effective and coveted in this league.

we will never agree on Irving. I think he is massively overrated, but I also understand he can get his own and has scored well at opportunistic times. I however can't put him on par with real superstars (I think that term is way overused mind you).

I also hate guys who turn it on when they feel like it. Ala, Rondo or Irving.

effen5
07-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Butler locker room issue with the Bulls wasn't on him, first issue was on Noah and it was basically jealousy. Noah couldn't stand that Butler was the best player on the team where Noah thought he and Rose were still 1/2 and it hasn't been the case for years.

2 years ago under Hoiberg, well if anyone followed the Bulls that year, Hoiberg is the worst ****ing coach and it was practically a **** show with a **** environment.

effen5
07-03-2018, 03:55 PM
If I was Minny, I would trade Kat for Kyrie, than see if they can somehow grab Leonard from the Spurs.

redsox12
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Jaylen is younger, cheaper, and improving. No chance in hell, heaven, earth, space or parallel universe would Danny do that.

Then, he won't get Jimmy Bulter or Kawhi Leonard, they have to include Brown or Tatum.

For what it's worth I want to keep both Brown and Tatum but if trading for a superstar, it's going to take that.

redsox12
07-03-2018, 04:04 PM
If I was Minny, I would trade Kat for Kyrie, than see if they can somehow grab Leonard from the Spurs.

How do you fit Hayward, Towns, Horford, Leonard, plus others on the same team plus pay them all?

LOb0
07-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Then, he won't get Jimmy Bulter or Kawhi Leonard, they have to include Brown or Tatum.

For what it's worth I want to keep both Brown and Tatum but if trading for a superstar, it's going to take that.

Tatum is untouchable. And the only player Jaylen goes for is Anthony Davis.

Not trading for Kawhi when he can just bolt next year.

Chronz
07-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Kyrie is competitive and takes the games serious, though. Lazy on defense isn't indicative of how competitive Kyrie is. We've seen LeBron give up defensively but he's very competitive otherwise. KAT and Wiggins just want to play Fortnite after every game. They are kids who came from the suburbs and can care less about winning. It's not even worth watching Minny anymore. Thibs can't coach any longer and his defensive tactics are way outdated.

Played fortnight for the first time ever. Then the 2nd time a week later. Now I'm so hooked I've been neglecting ya'll

Chronz
07-03-2018, 04:16 PM

You must nitpick between the best guys, it's all relative, not hyperbolic . Kyrie is on a team that can succeed massively without him, him contributing isn't in question . Its his viability as a centerpiece that is

Chronz
07-03-2018, 04:18 PM

Just like when not trading deng cost the bulls their choice of pau, kg and Kobe. Well maybe not kobe since he wouldn't go their without deng.

Oakmont_4
07-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Smart (S&T), Morris, Yabu, Nader and picks for Butler

Irving/Rozier
Butler/Brown
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Baynes

ZH721
07-03-2018, 04:38 PM
we will never agree on Irving. I think he is massively overrated, but I also understand he can get his own and has scored well at opportunistic times. I however can't put him on par with real superstars (I think that term is way overused mind you).

I also hate guys who turn it on when they feel like it. Ala, Rondo or Irving.

I mean, his stats show that he isnít ďmassively overratedĒ. He is THAT good. Unless we just completely ignore stats, I donít see how you have a case.

LOb0
07-03-2018, 04:46 PM

Irving/Rozier
Butler/Brown
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Baynes

That's a lot of guys for one basketball. Still would do it in a heart beat.

ManningToTyree
07-03-2018, 04:52 PM
If kyrie really wants NY maybe butler follows?

Dade County
07-03-2018, 05:01 PM
This seems like a Pat Riley move.

Since Irving isn't committing to Boston long term, maybe a team can target Butler and other players that are connected to Irving. So next year in free agency they have a shot and signing him.

The teams that were on Irving list, but Minny are erasing themselves; so it should be down to 3,but Kawhi wants out. So if Knicks or HEAT can position themselves they can make some noise next year free agency. Miami would need to send out 3 to 4 contracts though.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Just like when not trading deng cost the bulls their choice of pau, kg and Kobe. Well maybe not kobe since he wouldn't go their without deng.

I think they didnít want to trade Deng in 2010 too when Wade LeBron and Bosh were going to team up on the Bulls.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 05:39 PM
This seems like a Pat Riley move.

Since Irving isn't committing to Boston long term, maybe a team can target Butler and other players that are connected to Irving. So next year in free agency they have a shot and signing him.

The teams that were on Irving list, but Minny are erasing themselves; so it should be down to 3,but Kawhi wants out. So if Knicks or HEAT can position themselves they can make some noise next year free agency. Miami would need to send out 3 to 4 contracts though.

Everything seems like a Pat Riley move but he is washed!

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Just realized.. Pat Riley is always held in high regard. Has managed to do nothing this offseason.. What's he doing? Sleeping?

smith&wesson
07-03-2018, 05:43 PM

Can you confirm that KAT is ďnonchalantĒ ? I always thought of him as a hard worker and the future of the l league along with Embiid, Simmons, Tatum, Mitchell etc.

warfelg
07-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Just realized.. Pat Riley is always held in high regard. Has managed to do nothing this offseason.. What's he doing? Sleeping?

Heís old. Cut him a break. They also donít have any cap.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 05:44 PM
they're all going to NY together.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Heís old. Cut him a break. They also donít have any cap.

Itís his fault though lol

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Iíll give him credit, he put together a very solid team when LeBron left through 2016, then he turned washed up.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Putting rings on a Table not working for Pat anymore.

smith&wesson
07-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Makes sense for Butler to go to the Celtics... maybe then the Celtics can give the Warriors a run

Kyrie, Butler, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier ....

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Putting rings on a Table not working for Pat anymore.

Prime Wade isnít there anymore is the main thing.

Heediot
07-03-2018, 06:09 PM

whats the difference between him wanting out of cleveland and bron leaving miami? both guys departed conference favorites.

LOb0
07-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Prime Wade isnít there anymore is the main thing.

And they just suddenly lost their best player in Bosh.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Canít wait for Horford to opt out and take the minimum for a year knowing that heíll get taken care of the year after so Boston can keep Kyrie and add Butler after they both take less.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2018, 06:46 PM
I didn't think that last year was the right move for Butler anyway.

Butler for Brown would be a hell of a trade for both sides and would have been even better with Rubio running the show. Wolves really need to get rid of Thibs. I like Thibs but he's terrible for a young team.

TakeYourL
07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Makes sense for Butler to go to the Celtics... maybe then the Celtics can give the Warriors a run

Kyrie, Butler, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier ....

That would def be a roster that could give GS a run if healthy.

But I think it's being completely overlooked that Gordon is probably done, his injury is being completely undersold, everything in that boys ankle ripped apart.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the worst of Kyries injury woes are ahead of him.

ZH721
07-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Hasnít done much in a long time. The Big 3 was created by the Big 3, not Riley.

DW3421
07-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Irving/Rozier
Butler/Brown
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Baynes

What do the wolves get back here? They might as well bend over and wait for the sandpaper dildo.

WaDe03
07-03-2018, 07:14 PM
You got Kawhi, a top 5 player available who only wants LA. Then you have Jimmy, a top 10 player who hasnít listed teams as of right now. Might as well play it safe and go with Jimmy.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2018, 07:42 PM
This is pretty much expected... Butler is kobe like in terms of how serious he takes the sport and how badly he wants to win always... Its a really amazing quality in a basketball player but it could be a double edged sword if you got guys with a personality like towns or say an AD who are great but play around a lot or never show emotion... Not as much AD though.

Chronz
07-03-2018, 08:13 PM
This is pretty much expected... Butler is kobe like in terms of how serious he takes the sport and how badly he wants to win always... Its a really amazing quality in a basketball player but it could be a double edged sword if you got guys with a personality like towns or say an AD who are great but play around a lot or never show emotion... Not as much AD though.

True but even Kobe and shaq made it years, this was year 1

corky831
07-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Why does everyone assume Kyrie wants to leave Boston? He said he will opt out which makes the most sense financially. He can make much more by opting out after next yr, then resigning with Boston. Boston is a great city, with a great coach, and great core in a wide open eastern conference. It'd be dumb for him to leave to be honest

Chronz
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Canít wait for Horford to opt out and take the minimum for a year knowing that heíll get taken care of the year after so Boston can keep Kyrie and add Butler after they both take less.

Lmao I got the reference

hugepatsfan
07-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Celtics could trade:

1) Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier, Daniel Theis as rotation players
2) Guershon Yabusele, Robert Williams as 1st round picks with upside and long-term cheap rookie contracts
3) Abdel Nader as pure salary filler
4) 2019 SAC and MEM picks as what look to be pretty valuable chips

Kyrie / Smart
Butler
Hayward / Brown
Tatum
Horford / Baynes

More-Than-Most
07-03-2018, 09:25 PM
Why does everyone assume Kyrie wants to leave Boston? He said he will opt out which makes the most sense financially. He can make much more by opting out after next yr, then resigning with Boston. Boston is a great city, with a great coach, and great core in a wide open eastern conference. It'd be dumb for him to leave to be honest

because he wants to be the guy and there is no better area for him to be the guy than new york... He has that type of personality. Once Tatum starts really getting the love next season makes kyrie walking a guarantee...He will go to new york

Scoots
07-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Could be that Butler looked around the West and realized there is only 1 gimme team left in the west.

Dade County
07-03-2018, 09:43 PM

Lmao

Dade County
07-03-2018, 09:49 PM

He didn't choose Boston. They traded for him. Anything can happen.

But like I posted on the day of that trade, not one single person should throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign.

corky831
07-03-2018, 09:53 PM
because he wants to be the guy and there is no better area for him to be the guy than new york... He has that type of personality. Once Tatum starts really getting the love next season makes kyrie walking a guarantee...He will go to new york

If it's a guarantee, Ainge should trade him this off season then correct? If you know for certain, I'm sure a smart GM like Ainge would know as well.....

corky831
07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
He didn't choose Boston. They traded for him. Anything can happen.

But like I posted on the day of that trade, not one single person should throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign.

No but he ran off the set of Uncle Drew, ecstatic about the news he was traded to Boston

Dade County
07-03-2018, 09:57 PM
No but he ran off the set of Uncle Drew, ecstatic about the news he was traded to Boston

If this happened, good for him. Just making it clear, he owes them nothing & no one should throw hate his way if he does leave.

Thats all.

corky831
07-03-2018, 10:15 PM
If this happened, good for him. Just making it clear, he owes them nothing & no one should throw hate his way if he does leave.

Thats all.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/05/kyrie-irving-uncle-drew-set-celtics-cavaliers-trade-nba/

corky831
07-03-2018, 10:18 PM

Thats all.

I wouldn't throw hate, a player has the right to choose where he wants to play when he's a free agent. I just feel leaving Boston would be a dumb move giving the situation he has with that team, and he could make the most money resigning there. His dad also played at BU and loves Boston.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2018, 10:31 PM

That's what everyone says but he doesn't give off that vibe at all. He comes off as totally opposite TBH. Reading between the lines between his comments it seems he hates the culture of having "the guy" actually. He seems like one of those holistic guys who just wants to be on a real team kind of like the GS system.

I actually fear that Ainge is alienating him with talk of adding guys like Kawhi at the cost of Rozier, Brown, etc. I get the vibe Kyrie just wants to form strong bonds with his teammates and go at it together. He doesn't want to be in an environment where there's always trade rumors.

carlessyen
07-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Not worried about Butler and Kyrie teaming up. unless its a well built team with great coach not winning. Both horrible team mates, that can't play well with others. And Kyrie worst defender in the league. well thats hard say. It's between him, IT, Curry, and Trae Young. all so bad hard decide which is worst. Figure all them on a team would struggle guarding a decent AAU team.

Dade County
07-03-2018, 11:00 PM
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/05/kyrie-irving-uncle-drew-set-celtics-cavaliers-trade-nba/

Nice

ZH721
07-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Not worried about Butler and Kyrie teaming up. unless its a well built team with great coach not winning. Both horrible team mates, that can't play well with others. And Kyrie worst defender in the league. well thats hard say. It's between him, IT, Curry, and Trae Young. all so bad hard decide which is worst. Figure all them on a team would struggle guarding a decent AAU team.

Lol Kyrieís defense isnít nearly that bad. Below average, sure.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Kyrie coming home to play for NY.

Cal827
07-04-2018, 12:13 AM

Kyrie's a bad defender, but the year in Boston proved that under the right system, it can be masked behind a solid system. Kinda like Dirk's defense in Dallas during their playoff/title runs.

Cal827
07-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Wouldn't be really surprised if he does try to do this. Irving has already proven that he'll put his wants over the teams he play for and in some cases his teammates too (I don't necessarily mean that as an insult, with how management these days are quick to trade guys who've done everything they could for a team (e.g. IT, their former starting PG) for what they feel would improve the team) it's probably the smart thing to do.

Do we remember the Entire saga last year that ended up with him with the Celtics?

From a sports perspective, he's already hit some of the major goals of an athlete; All-Star, Gets Paid, Champion. The one thing he's never really been is the face/captain of a winning franchise though. He was the face of those Cleveland teams that were terrible, before Lebron came in and made them a title contender. The Celtics had a wonderful playoff run this year, but they did it WITHOUT Irving. It might have given them bigger odds to retain Irving if they had lost early :laugh2:

Tatum/Brown played like all-stars, Stevens coached extremely well, and Rozier played like he could possibly be a future starter. Even if you take Hayward/Irving away from the team, with the expected growth of the young players on the Celtics, and the addition from some of the other likely future lottery picks owed to them, the Celtics would probably be considered a title contender in a couple years, and after their performances in the past playoff run, a lot of the focus will be on the rest of the team, not just him (look at the Cleveland reports during the finals.... most of the narrative was on if Lebron was tiring out (well that and the JR Smith memes).

He also might be a little worried (fair reason to) of the GM, as he knows that Ainge will make trades that'll make the team better, regardless (Again, not in insult, but it's just how the game is). I'm sure some of you have seen some reports saying that the Celtics were talking to the Spurs over Leonard, would you be shocked if Irving was available in a trade like that one.

If he goes with Butler, it'll give him another established star player, while also ensuring that he would be the face of the team they play for, as Butler's personality doesn't care about being in the background (I would assume they'd go to a team that basically builds after acquiring them. But we will wait and see. Maybe a deep playoff run with this team will help him change his mind. He's going to be coming off another knee surgery, so it'll be interesting if it has any effect on his ability.

steamroller
07-04-2018, 04:34 AM
It seems like every last nba all star is "unhappy." Unless they play for the warriors, that is.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Trade him to the Lakers for Ingram and Deng.

Ingram would give the Wolves a young player beside Towns and Wiggins again. They get a guy like Deng too who can be a good mentor with Thibs.

Chronz
07-04-2018, 01:15 PM
It seems like every last nba all star is "unhappy." Unless they play for the warriors, that is.

I'm sure the nba would continue thriving even if the dubs had 10 all stars, despite the league hating it. Maybe they know the interest will die off if its just coming from casuals. How many gs rings equals 1 real ring is what im wondering

WaDe03
07-04-2018, 01:51 PM

effen5
07-06-2018, 02:41 PM

I feel this is true. He literally says whatever the F he wants. Remember when he gave out his number to the world for his critics?

WaDe03
07-06-2018, 02:53 PM
I feel this is true. He literally says whatever the F he wants. Remember when he gave out his number to the world for his critics?

Yea lol that was hilarious, he gives no ****s.