PDA

View Full Version : Lakers renounce Julius Randle, sign Rondo

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Woj:

Knew he would be gone after that rumor yesterday, didn't think they would just renounce him.

Rondo on the lakers? Lakers know they have to shoot the ball right?

Silent
07-02-2018, 05:32 PM
who in the blue is gonna be shooting when bron penetrating lol

cmellofan15
07-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Rondo's shooting is as bad as it used to be :shrug:

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Lakers trying to build the most annoying defensive minded group of non shooters in NBA history. I dunno what's going on, but this will be fun to watch, I think.

Randle unstricted fa though, some team might snatch up a nice unexpected steal.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Cousins is next.

Heediot
07-02-2018, 05:42 PM
I think this year is about learning to win games and establishing a winning culture. It's not about competing and trying to beat GS. James and Rondo will show guys how to be pro's and do the subtle things that help win games. By next year, hopefully they can add on Kawhi and take it to contention status. the gained wisdom and experience from this year will be invaluable.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Another good defender on the lakers. Rondo can handle the play making while James leads the league in scoring.

HunterNRoss
07-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Cousins is next.

I feel this move hints that Cousins could be coming next.

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 05:48 PM
While I would like the addition of Rondo on most contenders, it just doesn't make a ton of sense to me on paper in LA. They already have Lebron and Lonzo to handle the ball. Lonzo can't shoot and plays the same position as Rondo, who also can't shoot. The Lakers let their best big man walk so they could add another guard who they didn't exactly have a huge need for. And their best big man now is probably Javale McGee.

I'm sure the Lakers' team at the end of the summer will look different than it does today, but right now that roster looks all sorts of confusing...

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 05:48 PM
JR Smith and Swaggy P next?

YOLO

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 05:50 PM
I feel this move hints that Cousins could be coming next.

How? The Lakers don't have the money to sign Cousins at this point.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 05:51 PM
While I would like the addition of Rondo on most contenders, it just doesn't make a ton of sense to me on paper in LA. They already have Lebron and Lonzo to handle the ball. Lonzo can't shoot and plays the same position as Rondo, who also can't shoot. The Lakers let their best big man walk so they could add another guard who they didn't exactly have a huge need for. And their best big man now is probably Javale McGee.

I'm sure the Lakers' team at the end of the summer will look different than it does today, but right now that roster looks all sorts of confusing...

This.

I think we are getting Cousins or Kawhi though. We're no -1000 favorites to land Kawhi. The 9 mil makes me believe rondo is the starter, no way he's worth that much off the bench. That would mean we traded lonzo+ingram for kawhi?!? ohhh nooo....

Hopefully instead it means we're signing Cousins, but what does that say about lonzo? **** is crazy...

cmellofan15
07-02-2018, 05:53 PM
I do think this move was for Lebron though. he has been vocal about his admiration for Rondo and his court vision in the past. Lonzo's gotta go tho.....

Oakmont_4
Another guy who can't shoot. Magic...GM of the offseason!!!

mightybosstone
This.

I think we are getting Cousins or Kawhi though. We're no -1000 favorites to land Kawhi. The 9 mil makes me believe rondo is the starter, no way he's worth that much off the bench. That would mean we traded lonzo+ingram for kawhi?!? ohhh nooo....

Hopefully instead it means we're signing Cousins, but what does that say about lonzo? **** is crazy...

But how could they sign Cousins? Could it be a sign and trade deal with New Orleans?

Jayb587
07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Add cousins next

HunterNRoss
07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
How? The Lakers don't have the money to sign Cousins at this point.

Lakers can trade Deng and have a little over 20M to offer Cousins still.

Dade County
07-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Signing Rondo makes me think that Ball could be on his way out.

cmellofan15
07-02-2018, 05:56 PM
But how could they sign Cousins? Could it be a sign and trade deal with New Orleans?

mmm a s&t with New Orleans would be great for NO. we saw how redundant boogie was when they excelled without him last year and landing ingram, randle, or kuzma would be great for them.

Lakers + Giants

wouldn't surprise me if he took less on a one year prove it deal. Where we probably promise to offer him a long term deal if he can prove he's good to go.

_Supreme_

Why would anyone trade for Deng's horrible contract?

cmellofan15
07-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Why would anyone trade for Deng's horrible contract?

because they can have lonzo for free?

Oakmont_4
07-02-2018, 06:00 PM
because they can have lonzo for free?

Yes, because every team wants and injured Ball with a loud mouth father and the worst contract in the NBA. Where do we get in line?

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:01 PM

So I did the math, and with everyone who was guaranteed before the start of free agency (not including Deng) plus Lebron and KCP's contracts and no other cap holds, they're right at about $80 million. So they'd have to completely clear Deng's contract without taking on any additional salary, and then they'd still only be able to offer around $20 million year to a guy who is clearly worth a max contract.

I just don't see it. I think they're either going to need to clear way more cap room, or it will have to be some kind of sign and trade deal with the Pelicans.

Rivera
07-02-2018, 06:02 PM
this is easily the worst move the lakers made, makes 0 sense. I get losing Randle to retain cap space for next year but man, Rondo? turrible move. Not that Rondo isnt serviceable but hes not a good fit here

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Lonzo is gone for sure, bron and his agency will never allow him on the same roster.

I said that yesterday, and not long after predicted Julius would be gone once rumors came out that he was disgruntled.

Lakers are making it happen. The dominos are falling.

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:04 PM

they can do a S&T

boogie and maybe a bad deal for deng and Ball

TylerSL
07-02-2018, 06:04 PM
I like the addition of Rondo, and I believe the Lakers should look to move Lonzo Ball and bring in Kemba Walker to be the starting point guard. They could then look to acquire Cousins after stretching Deng.

Walker/Rondo
KCP/Stevenson
Lebron/Ingram
Kuzma
Cousins/McGee

Would be a really good team.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:05 PM
they can do a S&T

boogie and maybe a bad deal for deng and Ball

is it possible to do a sign and trade on a 1 year deal?

TakeYourL
So I did the math, and with everyone who was guaranteed before the start of free agency (not including Deng) plus Lebron and KCP's contracts and no other cap holds, they're right at about $80 million. So they'd have to completely clear Deng's contract without taking on any additional salary, and then they'd still only be able to offer around $20 million year to a guy who is clearly worth a max contract.

I just don't see it. I think they're either going to need to clear way more cap room, or it will have to be some kind of sign and trade deal with the Pelicans.

Cousins injury is pretty serious, no timetable, no guarantee he will be the same.

He won't get the big deal until he proves he's right again so lakers can get the discount this year.

HunterNRoss

Its been rumored for a big that Boogie could take a smaller deal and that team are hesitant to offer him max because of his injury. There were also some rumors he may not be 100% to start the season. Boogie taking a smaller deal is in the realm of possibility here. This is from what Ive put together from different reporters over the last week or so.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Ball, Deng and picks for cousins

Ingram, Hart and Wagner for Leonard after summer league

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:07 PM
is it possible to do a sign and trade on a 1 year deal?

no ... has to be 3 years

_Supreme_
Yes, because every team wants and injured Ball with a loud mouth father and the worst contract in the NBA. Where do we get in line?

:laugh:

Also the other team would have to be way under the cap or send players back matching Deng & Lonzo's salary.

mightybosstone
I like the addition of Rondo, and I believe the Lakers should look to move Lonzo Ball and bring in Kemba Walker to be the starting point guard. They could then look to acquire Cousins after stretching Deng.

Walker/Rondo
KCP/Stevenson
Lebron/Ingram
Kuzma
Cousins/McGee

Would be a really good team.

There's zero chance this becomes a team this summer. Unless Cousins wants to play at a massive discount, they'd have to sign and trade for both Cousins and Kemba, and I don't think they have enough money between their existing contracts to match those two salaries.

They could probably pull off a deal to acquire Kemba or Cousins, but not both.

Raps18-19 Champ
C- Javale
PF- Lebron
SF- Lance
SG - Ball
PG - Rondo

I wanna see this lineup lol.

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Its been rumored for a big that Boogie could take a smaller deal and that team are hesitant to offer him max because of his injury. There were also some rumors he may not be 100% to start the season. Boogie taking a smaller deal is in the realm of possibility here. This is from what Ive put together from different reporters over the last week or so.

Yeah, but you're also leaving out the part where the Lakers somehow get rid of Deng's contract without taking back a cent of salary. How are they going to pull that off?

Honestly, if Cousins comes to LA, I've got to think it happens via a sign and trade. That's the only option that makes sense to me on paper.

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:09 PM
C- Javale
PF- Lebron
SF- Lance
SG - Ball
PG - Rondo

yeah because KCP and Ingram won't be ahead of those guys...

HunterNRoss
07-02-2018, 06:10 PM

I like you are overestimating the amount of people who care about Lavar Ball. Teams can keep him away from practice and all he can do is talk to the media and who really cares what the media says. Lonzo is a talented rookie who needs to work on shooting but overall is a good player. Can rebound, excellent passer, good defense and so on. You act like Ball is some bust already. Im sure many teams would take Ball.

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but you're also leaving out the part where the Lakers somehow get rid of Deng's contract without taking back a cent of salary. How are they going to pull that off?

Honestly, if Cousins comes to LA, I've got to think it happens via a sign and trade. That's the only option that makes sense to me on paper.

This is correct but would require a minimum 3 year deal I believe... starting to second guess myself though so I am gonna head over to CBAFAQ and check lol

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:12 PM
yeah because KCP and Ingram won't be ahead of those guys...

They don't have to start for that lineup to happen on the court at some point.

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 06:13 PM
looks like Lonzo is staying since Lakers told Rondo he may not start over Lonzo.

_Supreme_
07-02-2018, 06:14 PM
C- Javale
PF- Lebron
SF- Lance
SG - Ball
PG - Rondo

Shaqtin' a fool will have a field day with that.

Heediot
07-02-2018, 06:14 PM
I think the Lakers are going to take things in stride and not force the issue and kill their cap flexibility for next year. I don't think Cousins is coming, if he were it would of been done before all these one year deals.

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Anyone else waiting for the ball to drop and for the Lakers to add Melo and Dwight? I want to see Lebron in an all dysfunctional lineup of:

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Lance Stephenson
SF Lebron James
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Dwight Howard

If he thought playing with JR and IT was bad... He ain't seen nothing yet.

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Anyone else waiting for the ball to drop and for the Lakers to add Melo and Dwight? I want to see Lebron in an all dysfunctional lineup of:

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Lance Stephenson
SF Lebron James
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Dwight Howard

melo would listen to papa bron.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:16 PM

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Lance Stephenson
SF Lebron James
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Dwight Howard

lmfao. I do think Melo comes when he's waved. There was a rumor that Dwight wanted to join GSW or follow lebron. Even though his fit would actually be good, I would love for the lakers to return the favor and tell dwight to **** off. :D

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:18 PM
ok... lakers can S&T with boogie Ö contract has to be 3 years but only one has to be guaranteed

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced (see question number 39), as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons3. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 3

HunterNRoss
07-02-2018, 06:19 PM

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Lance Stephenson
SF Lebron James
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Dwight Howard

If Melo is bought out I could see Melo coming to LA but Houston still seems more likely. Im not sure If Lakers and Howard can recover from the mess from years ago but I also didnt see Mavs signing Jordon so who knows.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:20 PM
ok... lakers can S&T with boogie Ö contract has to be 3 years but only one has to be guaranteed

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced (see question number 39), as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons3. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 3

So it can basically be seen as a 1 year deal type of thing?

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:21 PM
melo would listen to papa bron.

Would it matter, though? I just don't know that the guy has anything in the tank worth adding to a contender. Everyone keeps linking Melo back to Houston as well, and I honestly don't think I want the guy anymore. If he goes to Houston or LA, I have no doubt that CP3 or Lebron would do a better job keeping him in check than Westy and George did, but even if the guy listens, I just don't know that he's a plus player on the basketball court anymore.

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:21 PM
So it can basically be seen as a 1 year deal type of thing?

yeah... it actually would be ok with the Lakers Ö I don't know about boogie though... Lakers could do something like

year 1 $23 million guaranteed
year 2 $5 million guaranteed even if they waive him

that gets him to $28 million this year

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:24 PM
yeah... it actually would be ok with the Lakers Ö I don't know about boogie though... Lakers could do something like

I don't mind it if it's something similar to this. Because I want him to prove he's healthy. No way would I be content with a multi year deal..

_Supreme_
07-02-2018, 06:29 PM

Does the CBA allow salary to differ that much in between years?

aman_13
I think the Lakers will play contrasting styles. We might see something totally different and dynamic. I would like to see Cousins go there.

Btw, congrats to all East teams.

FlashBolt
Would it matter, though? I just don't know that the guy has anything in the tank worth adding to a contender. Everyone keeps linking Melo back to Houston as well, and I honestly don't think I want the guy anymore. If he goes to Houston or LA, I have no doubt that CP3 or Lebron would do a better job keeping him in check than Westy and George did, but even if the guy listens, I just don't know that he's a plus player on the basketball court anymore.

off the bench, he would do well. Problem is we made him be a spotup shooter and he's not that kinda guy. Needs to be able to dribble the ball and get his shot.

warfelg
07-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Boogie's camp saying it's unlikely to land in LA.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Boogie's camp saying it's unlikely to land in LA.

Then It's either kawhi or we assembled a random *** team.

If it's Kawhi, that means we caved and gave up Lonzo+Ingram? :(

If it's a random *** team, well, at least it's only 1 year.

Leftcoast_yg
07-02-2018, 06:36 PM
I don't mind it if it's something similar to this. Because I want him to prove he's healthy. No way would I be content with a multi year deal..

This is the difference between the Lakers and other teams we get down to the details and exercise and look for anything that could make this work. Exausting every possibility.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Maybe they will wait for Kawhi given this is just a 1 year deal?

cmellofan15
07-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Lmao sounds like you watch twitter rather than basketball so Iíll leave you to it

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:38 PM

I think there's very possibly a third option in here you haven't considered. There are a lot of mediocre teams out there with quality players who would gladly trade them for young prospects and picks. Someone mentioned Kemba, and that makes a ton of sense to me on paper, even with the Rondo signing.

nastynice
Rondo will be good against golden state

That's probably the name of the game right now

Lakers + Giants
Maybe they will wait for Kawhi given this is just a 1 year deal?

I was believing that until we signed Rondo for 9 Mil. That seems like too much for just a bench piece. Even if he's given the chance to win the starting job. I think Lonzo is gone.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:41 PM
I was believing that until we signed Rondo for 9 Mil. That seems like too much for just a bench piece. Even if he's given the chance to win the starting job. I think Lonzo is gone.

I was thinking Josh Jackson would be a good trade for Lonzo as Suns need a PG. Kawhi-Lebron-Jackson is a good defensive trio against Draymond-Durant-Klay.

Booker-Ayton-Lonzo would seem like a really fun team in the open court.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:41 PM
I think there's very possibly a third option in here you haven't considered. There are a lot of mediocre teams out there with quality players who would gladly trade them for young prospects and picks. Someone mentioned Kemba, and that makes a ton of sense to me on paper, even with the Rondo signing.

That seems like an awfully low return for lonzo tho. Could be the case of me over valuing lonzo. I must also admit I'm not high on Kemba either, so there's also that.

Vinylman
07-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Does the CBA allow salary to differ that much in between years?

the salaries in the contract would be the same... that is just the part that would be guaranteed which is perfectly ok

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:44 PM
I was thinking Josh Jackson would be a good trade for Lonzo as Suns need a PG. Kawhi-Lebron-Jackson is a good defensive trio against Draymond-Durant-Klay.

Booker-Ayton-Lonzo would seem like a really fun team in the open court.

You think the suns do that? I know they need a PG but i'm not sure. Also, if it still means us inclduding Ingram, im not too interested...

KB24PG16
07-02-2018, 06:46 PM
I dont think this means much for lonzo's fate, the lakers tried to sign rondo last offseason as well and considering its a one year deal

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:49 PM
You think the suns do that? I know they need a PG but i'm not sure. Also, if it still means us inclduding Ingram, im not too interested...

Well I was thinking Ingram, Kuzma and Deng for Kawhi then Lonzo for Jackson. I was thinking about it as soon as PG signed and the Lakers had cap to sign Lebron and like Cousins.

Don't know if Suns would do it (more because of Lavar causing drama by pretending Lonoz doesn't resign) but I think it helps both teams pretty well.

But with Lakers getting guys like Lance and KCP, there's not really a reason to do it.

I would've thought

C- Cousins
PF- Lebron
SF- Kawhi
SG- Jackson

would be a good roster and get a point guard like Beverley or S&T Bradley for Hart would be good.

_Supreme_
07-02-2018, 06:49 PM

I think it was either paying the $9M or not getting him. There might be nothing in the works but it creates flexibility just in case.

Heediot
07-02-2018, 06:51 PM

I'm convinced the first year with Bron is to establish a culture and learn the nuances and subtleties of how to win. Magic held a series of meetings discussing Laker dna and building a culture, and all the guys he-re upped were there.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23929488/los-angeles-lakers-use-celebrity-speaker-series-promote-culture-success

Magic is keeping the cap flexibility for '19 for a chance at Kawhi or someone else if they miss out on KL.

He's not forcing the issue and taking things at they come IMO. He already landed Bron which was the main goal, everything else is the cherry on top.

Once they add to KL to Bron and the core they will consider themselves legit to compete vs. Hou/GS/Bos/Phi

nastynice
07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
I'd be surprised if Lonzo gets traded. He looks like the type of player that would learn a lot from Lebron, he's got that natural vision and passing ability

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
I'm convinced the first year with Bron is to establish a culture and learn the nuances and subtleties of how to win. Magic held a series of meetings discussing Laker dna and building a culture, and all the guys he-re upped were there.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23929488/los-angeles-lakers-use-celebrity-speaker-series-promote-culture-success

Magic is keeping the cap flexibility for '19 for a chance at Kawhi or someone else if they miss out on KL.

He's not forcing the issue and taking things at they come IMO. He already landed Bron which was the main goal, everything else is the cherry on top.

Once they add to KL to Bron and the core they will consider themselves legit to compete vs. Hou/GS/Bos/Phi

yup. Might be a 1 year thing to build chemistry and Keep Lonzo and Ingram. Then, try to get Kawhi without having to give up the guys i just mentioned.

HunterNRoss
07-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Randle just signed with Pelicans. Looks like Boogie is leaving. Could be LA with Rondo as I meantioned earlier.

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Lmao at thinking bron and the lakers are going to wait for Kawhi just so they can save some assets.

Hell no they aren't, they going for it right now, wait to build a culture, lmao, that's what bad teams rebuilding have to do, good teams with bron and assets go for the ship asap.

You don't get bron forever, you go for that damn ring when you have him.

But "muy assets" lol

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Lmao at thinking bron and the lakers are going to wait for Kawhi just so they can save some assets.

Hell no they aren't, they going for it right now, wait to build a culture, lmao, that's what bad teams rebuilding have to do, good teams with bron and assets go for the ship asap.

But "muy assets" lol

I agree, which is why I don't think the moves made indicate our roster is gonna remain the way it is. Julius just signed with NO. Maybe we're trying to get boogie now?

Heediot
07-02-2018, 07:04 PM

But "muy assets" lol

We will see... so far it looks like they are saving their cap flexibility with all the 1 year deals handed out left and right. They are almost capped out to boot. They will try to win now, but not without killing their cap flexibility for next season. They are trying to position themselves to a position of strength for KL via FA and or trade.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2018, 07:08 PM
so let me get this right... When I told people they should have signed him or tried to trade him last season they said **** no... then people said he will be put in a trade package for KL or to get out from deng and i laughed at that but got called an idiot.

They just lost their best player besides lebron for nothing while this dude put up 16/8 on 55 percent shooting in under 27 minutes per game... he is a 20/10 player if given the time. He was pissed because they were more focused on next season and he went about it the wrong way but whatever... They just lost one of their best assets for nothing while the pelicans got him for 8 mill per season. He is making less than rondo and pope...

ON TOP OF THIS THEY GO OUT AND SIGN RONDO lol... Rondo/Stevenson/Pope/Mcgee next to lebron..... jesus christ.

Jayb587
07-02-2018, 07:12 PM
so let me get this right... When I told people they should have signed him or tried to trade him last season they said **** no... then people said he will be put in a trade package for KL or to get out from deng and i laughed at that but got called an idiot.

They just lost their best player besides lebron for nothing while this dude put up 16/8 on 55 percent shooting in under 27 minutes per game... he is a 20/10 player if given the time. He was pissed because they were more focused on next season and he went about it the wrong way but whatever... They just lost one of their best assets for nothing while the pelicans got him for 8 mill per season. He is making less than rondo and pope...

ON TOP OF THIS THEY GO OUT AND SIGN RONDO lol... Rondo/Stevenson/Pope/Mcgee next to lebron..... jesus christ.

100 bucks says randle never averages 20/10. We can make that bet every single season of his career moving forward.

nastynice
07-02-2018, 07:14 PM

Sometimes you got multiple things in the air and gotta make a move while considering both present and future. Not everyone has the luxury of getting top 3 picks year after year :)

YAALREADYKNO
07-02-2018, 07:18 PM
I see a trade package coming

CHANGO
07-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Unless the Lakers get Kawhi I don't see why Lebron went to LA. He made the worst possible move in terms of winning so I don't think he cares about that at this point.

We are talkinga bout a locker room with Javale, Lance and Rondo... Add the online jokers of Kuzma and Lonzo and then Lavar. LMFAO! That team is a mess in all the ways possible. You need shooters around Lebron and you add the worst PG shooter, Lance that is inconsistent and crazy and obviously the non shooter low IQ McGee. Is Lebron just trolling us?

With Cousins going to GSW I don't see how Kawhi changes anything but at least they can compete. In Houston at least they could have a chance against the Warriors.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2018, 11:04 PM
This is the best they came up? Should had offered something to cousins instead; they have like 4PGs now. Maybe they sign him to bully Lonzo.

blahblahyoutoo
07-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Cousins is next.

to GS you mean right?

Scoots
07-02-2018, 11:50 PM
LeBron wanted smart players ... so they added McGee and Lance ... they needed to counter so they went to one of the smartest players in the NBA (after LeBron) and got Rondo.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Lakers have no inside presence and way too many ball handlers who aren't great at shooting the ball. I get that they are going for a two year plan but some of these pieces are very questionable. They should still try to compete.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 12:09 AM
so the Lakers spent 25m on KCP, Rondo and Lance?

why did they have to sign all these player so fast? lol.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 12:10 AM
They didn't sign any shooters, but they got some rugged physical defenders. still a major overpay.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 12:15 AM

All 1 year deals. As great as the '18 free agency has been so far, '19 will be much better. Lakers don't need to rush. Would be good for them to see how Kuzma, Lonzo, and Ingram develop. And Spurs want to play games with the Lakers. Lakers are calling their bluff. Either way, a team relying on Kawhi to resign would have to be competitive enough vs the Warriors. With things the way they are now, there is zero chance a team gives up their assets for Kawhi only to get dusted by GSW.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 12:22 AM
All 1 year deals. As great as the '18 free agency has been so far, '19 will be much better. Lakers don't need to rush. Would be good for them to see how Kuzma, Lonzo, and Ingram develop. And Spurs want to play games with the Lakers. Lakers are calling their bluff. Either way, a team relying on Kawhi to resign would have to be competitive enough vs the Warriors. With things the way they are now, there is zero chance a team gives up their assets for Kawhi only to get dusted by GSW.

Lebron is 34 and not getting any younger.

FlashBolt
07-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Lebron is 34 and not getting any younger.

Doesn't mean they should be stupid and screw up their future. Lakers may come out of this in a better situation by sacrificing one year of LeBron being the best to create a situation where they can compete competitively for many years to come.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2018, 12:33 AM
Doesn't mean they should be stupid and screw up their future. Lakers may come out of this in a better situation by sacrificing one year of LeBron being the best to create a situation where they can compete competitively for many years to come.

I agree, but its a fine balance, especially with Lebron's age.

JordansBulls
07-03-2018, 12:48 AM
With Rondo now, the Lakers should definitely win the title with Lebron and Rondo together.

lakers squad
07-03-2018, 01:02 AM
I have no issues with what the Lakers have done in free agency, other than letting Randle walk for nothing and not adding a shooter or two, but there is still time to add a shooter!

LA_Raiders
07-03-2018, 01:27 AM
This looks like a LeGM move.

LOb0
07-03-2018, 01:33 AM
It's amazing. The Lakers were able to put together a roster worse than the Cavs.

It's going to be a record number of missed open 3s in Lakerland this year.

KingstonHawke
07-03-2018, 02:47 AM
Lakers trying to build the most annoying defensive minded group of non shooters in NBA history. I dunno what's going on, but this will be fun to watch, I think.

Randle unstricted fa though, some team might snatch up a nice unexpected steal.

LeBron is doing exactly the opposite of what Durant did. Durant went where he would have space to opperate and has shown people when you can't double him constantly he's unstoppable offeensively, LeBron about to get triple teamed on every play. Rondo man gone be at the free throw line all game. Can't even bring Lonzo in to help out. And if you play them together, now you gone have both guards in the paint just waiting for LeBron to drive. This is the 05 Lakers all over again. These cats could mess around and miss the playoffs if a major trade doesn't happen.

ewing
07-03-2018, 08:09 AM

Yes

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-03-2018, 08:37 AM

I'm a bit puzzled on that as well. I thought they would of offered Cousins a max to have a big 2 and trade Deng next year to sign Kawhi. So Lakers got LeBron and the kids and no lights out shooters. Also shocked LeBron took a 4 year deal. What if this gets ugly? Be funny if LeBron asks for a trade if it goes down hill without a big3 there by next year.

Jayb587
07-03-2018, 08:44 AM
I'm a bit puzzled on that as well. I thought they would of offered Cousins a max to have a big 2 and trade Deng next year to sign Kawhi. So Lakers got LeBron and the kids and no lights out shooters. Also shocked LeBron took a 4 year deal. What if this gets ugly? Be funny if LeBron asks for a trade if it goes down hill without a big3 there by next year.

Bron didn't want to play with cousins. Everything is fine in LA.

Jayb587
07-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Lakers have no inside presence and way too many ball handlers who aren't great at shooting the ball. I get that they are going for a two year plan but some of these pieces are very questionable. They should still try to compete.

The Lakers have more shooters than the thunder. Why are you not non stop *****ing about the thunder to add shooters??

angelsfan1984
07-03-2018, 10:13 AM
The Lakers have more shooters than the thunder. Why are you not non stop *****ing about the thunder to add shooters??

What shooters do the lakers have better than Curry, Klay and Durant?

Ishkabibble
07-03-2018, 10:33 AM

Where are the shooters LeBron values so much?
And do you really wanna wait a year...when LeBron will be 35...to get actually competing for something underway? This team, as currently comprised, looks like a big ol' disjointed mess to me.

LaVar Ball
07-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Bron didn't want to play with cousins. Everything is fine in LA.

Sources ?

IKnowHoops
07-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Sigh...you guys, Bron isnít the same guy he was even 3 years ago. Heís a complete scorer. He wants guys to get him the ball now, not the other way around. Lebron is going to be getting buckets for the Lakers this year more than he ever has in his career. Heís gonn let Rhondo and Ball create for others so he doesnít have to. Heís going into Jordan mode this year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-03-2018, 11:13 AM
What shooters do the lakers have better than Curry, Klay and Durant?

there are no better shooters in the league lmao

TheDish87
07-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Sigh...you guys, Bron isnít the same guy he was even 3 years ago. Heís a complete scorer. He wants guys to get him the ball now, not the other way around. Lebron is going to be getting buckets for the Lakers this year more than he ever has in his career. Heís gonn let Rhondo and Ball create for others so he doesnít have to. Heís going into Jordan mode this year.

no hes not

steamroller
07-04-2018, 04:04 AM
there are no better shooters in the league lmao

There are no better shooters in the history of the nba, not on a single squad anyway.

And what if Draymond and DMC both return to form and start hitting 3's?

steamroller
07-04-2018, 04:38 AM

Are you saying Lebron is chasing stats? That's certainly been his rep/MO the past few seasons (check out some of the bball breakdown vids over the past couple of seasons). The way he's constructing the lakers' roster, it does appear as if his goal is to max out his stats while his teammates do most or all of the work defensively, at least in the regular season.

And this is the problem with Lebron. He's a de-facto GM and agent as well as a player. Which means he's going to do what's best for Lebron even if it guts the organization long term.

I wouldn't be surprised if lakers' fans wind up hating the guy along with other fanbases for being so myopic and selfish.

steamroller
07-04-2018, 04:42 AM
As far as Randle goes, I don't think it's a major loss for the Lakers. Randle is what Anthony Bennett dreamed of being, if only Anthony Bennett had the slightest bit of athleticism, and had even an ounce of a work ethic, instead of being a fat 'tweeter who trained in the offseason by eating peanut butter m&m's.

But seriously, Randle is just a weird player. A bull in a china shop in the paint. The dude plays hard and has become. a decent scorer through sheer effort and desire. Having said that, he's too short to become a standout 4 or 5, and certainly doesn't have the handles or shooting ability to play the 3 very effectively. He's kind of in a weird no man's land.

Jayb587
07-04-2018, 09:10 AM
As far as Randle goes, I don't think it's a major loss for the Lakers. Randle is what Anthony Bennett dreamed of being, if only Anthony Bennett had the slightest bit of athleticism, and had even an ounce of a work ethic, instead of being a fat 'tweeter who trained in the offseason by eating peanut butter m&m's.

But seriously, Randle is just a weird player. A bull in a china shop in the paint. The dude plays hard and has become. a decent scorer through sheer effort and desire. Having said that, he's too short to become a standout 4 or 5, and certainly doesn't have the handles or shooting ability to play the 3 very effectively. He's kind of in a weird no man's land.

Spot on. The loss hurts this much....0

Jayb587
07-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Are you saying Lebron is chasing stats? That's certainly been his rep/MO the past few seasons (check out some of the bball breakdown vids over the past couple of seasons). The way he's constructing the lakers' roster, it does appear as if his goal is to max out his stats while his teammates do most or all of the work defensively, at least in the regular season.

And this is the problem with Lebron. He's a de-facto GM and agent as well as a player. Which means he's going to do what's best for Lebron even if it guts the organization long term.

I wouldn't be surprised if lakers' fans wind up hating the guy along with other fanbases for being so myopic and selfish.

He's saying that LeBron is not the sole playmaker anymore. People will play make for him now. On the regular. So it's the exact opposite of chasing stats. His assist numbers will dip, but hopefully his scoring numbers go up.

LeBron has already assured he's in this for the Long haul. This isn't one year "do what I say" or I'm leaving. They are working together to build the team. So that theory is out the window, sorry.

Chronz
07-04-2018, 12:36 PM

He literally never once said that, I guess the MJ comparison made you bring up stats given how MJ chased them himself but thats honestly not too different from when guys pass up last second heaves. Even the most team oriented role players (like Shane Battier) didn't take those heaves to protect their percentages.