PDA

View Full Version : Thunder sign C Nerlens Noel

redsox12
07-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Nerlens Noel has agreed to a deal with the Thunder.

Shams twitter

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Not sure how much he has in the tank to stay healthy but he's good for a few dunks, defensive plays, and some rebounding. No risk move.. More reason for Melo to come off the bench..

redsox12
07-02-2018, 03:09 PM
player option year 2

Jamiecballer
07-02-2018, 03:11 PM
great signing. huge under the radar acquisition.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

redsox12
07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
I like what the Thunder is doing, if melo has anything left in the tank, its a top 3 west team depending on what the lakers do else.

SG Robinson/Hall
PG Westy
SF George
PF Melo/Noel
C Adams

Hawkeye15
07-02-2018, 03:17 PM
I thought this guy was going to be the next Theo Ratliff. What happened?

Leftcoast_yg
07-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Wow they're gonna be top 3 Noel is great passer and holds the paint down wish the Lakers would've got him.

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 04:01 PM

he was supposed to be the next KG according to some philly fans years ago..

Dade County
07-02-2018, 04:08 PM
I think Noel can be their Cappella as the season goes along. He can play the 5 against GS & Rockets.

They just need to trade Melo now to Houston and pick up Anderson.

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 04:10 PM
I think Noel can be their Cappella as the season goes along. He can play the 5 against GS.

They just need to trade Melo now to Houston and pick up Anderson.

we don't want anderson. I'll keep Melo's expiring..

warfelg
07-02-2018, 04:13 PM

Mentally he's as tall as Kevin Hart.

Dade County
07-02-2018, 04:15 PM
we don't want anderson. I'll keep Melo's expiring..

I really think OKC would like the shooting Anderson brings. & Melo just isn't going to work there. I would really like if they just bought him out, so Melo could go to the Lakers or Houston. I like stack teams. lol

It's just that GS is toooooo stack.

FlashBolt
07-02-2018, 04:16 PM
I really think OKC would like the shooting Anderson brings. & Melo just isn't going to work there. I would really like if they just bought him out, so Melo could go to the Lakers or Houston. I like stack teams. lol

It's just that GS is toooooo stack.

we are focused on getting Melo off the books next season. Why would we pay Ryan $20 million for each of the next two years when Rockets are trying to unload him for a bag of chips at this point.. i wouldn't even want Ryan for half of that.

Oakmont_4
07-02-2018, 04:17 PM

HAHAHA fact.

warfelg
07-02-2018, 04:22 PM
HAHAHA fact.

Which is sad because he could be easily as good as Capella.

Oakmont_4
07-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Agreed. I had very high hopes for him at one point. What a disappointment.

Scoots
07-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Better. Do you think he started to fall apart before he was sent to Dallas? I really liked him in Philly.

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 04:30 PM
And with this signing, the Thunder's estimated luxury tax bill on Spotrac is $135.8 million. No way their owner is going to eat that. One way or another, Melo is going to be gone in the next few weeks.

warfelg
07-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Better. Do you think he started to fall apart before he was sent to Dallas? I really liked him in Philly.

Yes. Drafting Okafor was it IMO. I think he would have been fine with Embiid. But Okafor did it in for him. Especially when Okafor was having bad games, Noel was having good games, and never got the start.

Dade County
07-02-2018, 04:34 PM
we are focused on getting Melo off the books next season. Why would we pay Ryan $20 million for each of the next two years when Rockets are trying to unload him for a bag of chips at this point.. i wouldn't even want Ryan for half of that.

It's because OKC can't really upgrade their team, so why not get a shooter? West & PG need shooters around them, it would help the team.

Also, I know when they re-signed West they promised him that they would spend, no matter what.

Remember, they can't really sign key free agents anyway (they are too far over). So why not make a trade to bring on talent?

it's their money anyway.

ewing
07-02-2018, 04:52 PM
And with this signing, the Thunder's estimated luxury tax bill on Spotrac is $135.8 million. No way their owner is going to eat that. One way or another, Melo is going to be gone in the next few weeks.

Do we even know what Noel contract is worth. I think we would need to know that before saying well that put them over the top on Anthony

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Do we even know what Noel contract is worth. I think we would need to know that before saying well that put them over the top on Anthony

It's actually only the veteran minimum, so around $1.6 million. It is included, but that's not really what pushed them to this point. Having four guys making $24 million-$35 million a year next season is what is going to kill them. That, and I believe the reason for the insane luxury tax bill is that they're paying even more as luxury tax repeaters.

TakeYourL
07-02-2018, 05:27 PM

Very true, but that's why these types of players get the idiot proof responsibilities.

"Go get ball, give ball to that guy"

That's it pretty much.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Great signing. Really liking the Thunder next year. I know same roster but that extra year of meshing might do them well.

mightybosstone
07-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Great signing. Really liking the Thunder next year. I know same roster but that extra year of meshing might do them well.

I just don't think they have enough offensive weapons to seriously compete in the West. They needed more shooters, but they haven't added any and probably won't have cap room to unless they move Melo. Granted, it's only July 2, but I still think they have a lot of work to do. With the addition of Lebron in the West, the Thunder might not be a top 6 team in the conference right now. I'd easily rank Golden State, Houston, Minnesota and LA ahead of them and might pick Utah and Portland ahead of them as well...

JAZZNC
07-02-2018, 06:37 PM
I kind of understand this but Adams is a really solid player who plays really smart and within himself and is a much better offensive player than he gets to show. Just don't see Noel getting a chance to show himself constantly sitting on the bench behind Adams.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2018, 06:43 PM
I just don't think they have enough offensive weapons to seriously compete in the West. They needed more shooters, but they haven't added any and probably won't have cap room to unless they move Melo. Granted, it's only July 2, but I still think they have a lot of work to do. With the addition of Lebron in the West, the Thunder might not be a top 6 team in the conference right now. I'd easily rank Golden State, Houston, Minnesota and LA ahead of them and might pick Utah and Portland ahead of them as well...

I think Melo will get traded for like 2-3 role guys (on long contracts) to save the luxury tax this year. Then it's addition by subtraction.

mrblisterdundee
07-02-2018, 10:14 PM
I'm kind of surprised Noel had to take the minimum. Seems like he should be making at least as much as Hezonja.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Solid sign, but not a big impact to beat Hou or Warriors

TheDish87
07-03-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm kind of surprised Noel had to take the minimum. Seems like he should be making at least as much as Hezonja.

lot of off the court and locker room issues with him.

Chronz
07-04-2018, 12:30 PM

They just needed a healthy Roberson and for Melo to play less with the stars to get at that level where they have a realistic shot at an upset at the 1 n 2. Their defense was elite when they had him.

As for standings, outside of GS, there is no set heirarchy, given Houstons decline that gap should increase between GS and everyone else.

SenileStern
07-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Noel declined a 68/4 extension from Dallas last year, so crazy...

JAZZNC
07-04-2018, 09:48 PM

That's what happens when you aren't real smart.

steamroller
07-05-2018, 12:25 AM

But how was he gonna feed his family?:eyebrow:

BDawk4Prez
07-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Dude cost himself so much cheddar not signing that offer last year.

Scoots
07-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Dude cost himself so much cheddar not signing that offer last year.

And by, apparently, feuding with his coach.

FlashBolt
07-05-2018, 01:47 PM

Holy hell...

c.c.
07-06-2018, 07:15 PM
I like what the Thunder is doing, if melo has anything left in the tank, its a top 3 west team depending on what the lakers do else.

SG Robinson/Hall
PG Westy
SF George
PF Melo/Noel
C Adams

I guess hes starting now