PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James has agreed to 4-year, $154M deal with Lakers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 08:53 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23967725/lebron-james-joining-los-angeles-lakers-4-year-154-million-deal

Bostonjorge
07-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Leonard is next

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Scoots needs a ban lmao

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Scoots needs a ban lmao

lmfao i love me some scoots but his hate for lebron is showing hardcore right now.

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Rumors that rankle is unhappy, means rankle will be first to get traded, lakers will waste no time building around bron now.

Randle has a lot of value in the open market too.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Rumors that rankle is unhappy, means rankle will be first to get traded, lakers will waste no time building around bron now.

Randle has a lot of value in the open market too.

butbutbutbutbut an unhappy player how no value right?

FlashBolt
A mod combined my thread to "All things LeBron Free agency." Then deleted my comment because it was off-topic. Wtf?

More-Than-Most
A mod combined my thread to "All things LeBron Free agency." Then deleted my comment because it was off-topic. Wtf?

yea i went to post 2 well thought out comments and they both got deleted or merged or some ****... its ****ing annoying.

warfelg

bklynny67
07-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Leonard is next

PHL may be able to make a better offer. Lebron might be screwed in LA with a worse team than he had in CLE.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2018, 09:00 PM
I'm curious to see what type of team they build around him. KCP is back for $12M. I believe that leaves them with Randle's rights but nothing else other than maybe some scraps.

Jeff Green figures a lock to be there for the minimum. Nerlens Noel has the same agency so you figure he gets the room exception or maybe even a vet min deal with how bad he was last year.

Really curious to see what else they do in FA now. Obviously Kawhi through trade is a possibility too.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:00 PM

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:01 PM
PHL may be able to make a better offer. Lebron might be screwed in LA with a worse team than he had in CLE.

the bad thing is they have to trade players now to get cousins... they just used 51 million in cap space on 2 players in lebron and pope.

Saddletramp
07-01-2018, 09:01 PM
The West is going to be crazy. If Iím anyone other than the Warriors, Lakers or Rockets, Iím blowing it up right now.

And I guess the East is Philly and Boston and meh.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:02 PM
I'm curious to see what type of team they build around him. KCP is back for $12M. I believe that leaves them with Randle's rights but nothing else other than maybe some scraps.

Jeff Green figures a lock to be there for the minimum. Nerlens Noel has the same agency so you figure he gets the room exception or maybe even a vet min deal with how bad he was last year.

Really curious to see what else they do in FA now. Obviously Kawhi through trade is a possibility too.

yea they killed their cap... its nuts. I expected bron to get paid but thought he would do a 1 and 1 at less dollars because he doesnt need the money and wanted help... Now they cant do anything else this year except sign guys to the MLE outside of giving up a ton for KL or cousins... Randle is also now unhappy.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Vee rex, your Rut Rohs pissed me off, but I wish your franchise the best of luck.

IKnowHoops
07-01-2018, 09:06 PM

JB was a mod...donít expect to much

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:06 PM
my god PG13 is a ****ing idiot man. I hope the lakers **** on him so hard if they meet up in the playoffs.

goingfor28
07-01-2018, 09:07 PM
What was wrong with the other LeBron thread? Seems pointless to kill the discussion that was happening in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:07 PM
What was wrong with the other LeBron thread? Seems pointless to kill the discussion that was happening in there.

i honestly dont understand it either... Its whatever but it killed my posts lol

c.c.
07-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Lakers might improved to an 9th or 8th seed for sure

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 09:09 PM
butbutbutbutbut an unhappy player how no value right?

The point I wa making is that I think L.A. Released that rumor because they are going to trade him soon. It's kind of what teams do these days.

Klutch Sports is an off shoot of CAA, CAA represents the majority of the NBA, so any of those guys could end up with bron, not just the guys signed to Klutch.

But make no mistake about it, lakers will be going after A LOT of CAA guys, that's how CAA gets down, you want their star, you have to bring in everyone else too.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:12 PM

right now they are a top 5 seed... Warriors/Rockets are way better but after that it gets muddled... I would have Utah as better maybe... but teams like Utah/Blazers/OKC/Lakers are all bunched up

Its basically like this

Warriors

rockets

Blazers/LAKERS/jAZZ/okc -in no order-

KnicksorBust
07-01-2018, 09:12 PM
I am pretty pumped to see lebron on the lakers

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:13 PM

I just don't understand why he'd want to be irrelevant at this point in his career. Like they'll likely get Kawhi too but, then you'll have a team full of holes.

It's just mind boggling a 34 year old LeBron who still had a chance to be the GOAT would throw it away.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:13 PM
lebron instantly takes them from a 30 win team to a 50 win team with ease.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 09:14 PM
You shouldn't question this move. Question PG. He ****ed up a chance to build a ****in juggernaut.

FlashBolt
Free agency just began. Not sure why you guys are acting as if all the moves are done. Lakers can always still get Kawhi midseason.

BKLYNpigeon
Lakers should sign Reddick.

FlashBolt
You shouldn't question this move. Question PG. He ****ed up a chance to build a ****in juggernaut.

He will be begging for a trade once he finds out Russ is too busy chasing triple doubles.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Free agency just began. Not sure why you guys are acting as if all the moves are done. Lakers can always still get Kawhi midseason.

I think we got Lopez and KCP back on 1 year deals. I guess we calling the spurs bluff on kawhi.

Lakers + Giants
Lakers should sign Reddick.

Wouldn't mind it. Do what sixers did, 1 year deal as well.

Heediot
I think this year can be a learning experience for the youngings. Sign KL in the off-season and trade your assets for a third star next offseason. Deng will be be easier to offload and the asset attach wouldn't have to be as hefty.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2018, 09:16 PM

I mean, the Cavs the last 2 years have won 50 and 51 games. So it's not like Lebron alone can blow past that total. LAL is going to need to make good moves and get some development from young guys to "easily" clear 50. If they make great moves then they can compete at a higher level.

More-Than-Most
Wouldn't mind it. Do what sixers did, 1 year deal as well.

He wont go for it. You dont have that cap space to do it now to offer him 20 plus mill... He also wants to stay close to new york with his family... He will likely take less from us or the knicks or nets

FlashBolt
I think we got Lopez and KCP back on 1 year deals. I guess we calling the spurs bluff on kawhi.

Lopez, wtf? I like KCP but they should have gone after J.J.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:18 PM
He will be begging for a trade once he finds out Russ is too busy chasing triple doubles.

maybe but your team benefits... if it doesnt work this year you guys will have the quickest rebuild ever... imagine what you could get on a firesale for pg13 and westy... It will net you an insane amount.

BSF101
07-01-2018, 09:18 PM
That is too much I was thinking somewhere at 2 yrs $40 million with a 3rd yr player option?
At least he's out if the east and will likely give GS a run for their money. And let me guess the Cavs are
probably gonna get the #1 pick in next yrs draft like they did back in 2010 when he left the first time.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 09:19 PM

The idea was since that thread had over 120 pages worth of chatter/speculation, once it was official he signed, to have new discussions in this thread when it was official. It's usually better to have that dialogue in one place rather than people voicing thoughts in diff threads, stuff gets missed.. It probably won't take too long to build this one up.

FlashBolt
maybe but your team benefits... if it doesnt work this year you guys will have the quickest rebuild ever... imagine what you could get on a firesale for pg13 and westy... It will net you an insane amount.

I'm hoping for it. We need more clarity with Melo gone, though, so I think this will be a two year project.

FlashBolt
https://twitter.com/kobebryant?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp% 7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Kobe.

LakerShow
07-01-2018, 09:20 PM

:laugh2:

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Someone messaged me why I hate Russ.. Here is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8erK7T_LIQ

This dude is a clown and has been exposed. I cannot support a "leader" of a team when they refuse to play like one. We freakin lost to a rookie.

Anyhow, this is fun for the NBA but really, they need much more. LeBron can't be a babysitter this far down in his career. They need Kawhi.

c.c.
07-01-2018, 09:23 PM

You do know heís in the West now. He gotta play GS four times, Rockets three times, OKC three times, Minnesota three times, NO three times, Utah three times, Utah three times, Portland three times, etc. Some of those he gonna have to play four times.

This new schedule is gonna be a new test for him. Could ware him down physically too, more than ever.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:25 PM
You do know heís in the West now. He gotta play GS four times, Rockets three times, OKC three times, Minnesota three times, NO three times, Utah three times, Utah three times, Portland three times, etc. Some of those he gonna have to play four times.

This new schedule is gonna be a new test for him. Could ware him down physically too, more than ever.

And he's 34, and even if they get Kawhi they're sorely lacking in shooting and depth.

Guess 3 rings is where he'll retire at, which is baffling.

basch152
07-01-2018, 09:26 PM

This dude is a clown and has been exposed. I cannot support a "leader" of a team when they refuse to play like one. We freakin lost to a rookie.

Anyhow, this is fun for the NBA but really, they need much more. LeBron can't be a babysitter this far down in his career. They need Kawhi.

yeah, rus' triple doubles are currently the most overrated stat in sports. he gets them by stat whoring. bballbreakdown has made some good videos about it.

the funny thing is, with his athleticism he could legitimately be a top 3 player if he cared more about winning and less about stats.

Sofnr
07-01-2018, 09:28 PM
I think he might be able to pull off 1 ring in LA. Probably the only time they make the finals.

FlashBolt
Had me wondering.. LeBron didn't sign a two year player option deal. Signed a four year player option deal unlike he usually does with the Cavs. Says all you need to know about how much LeBron trusted Dan Gilbert and the Cavs management.

HandsOnTheWheel

Agreed

Vinylman

lol

rockets fans scurred...

Jenceman
07-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah itís so inconceivable that the plethora of Lakers young talent doesnít develop at all. Ingramís gonna be a Star. Ball, Kuz, and Randle could all become all star level talents. Josh Hart is pretty decent too.

Not to mention potential trades for that young talent.

People gonna be eating some serious crow when the Lakers win 2 ships in the next 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
07-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the West, Lebron. Your Finals run just ended, son. We've been waiting for you.

Year 15. Hilarious.

c.c.
07-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Look on the bright side, the East will crown a new champion this upcoming season

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Haven't watched enough Lakers games to judge but can a Lakers fan tell me if that KCP deal is good? Seems just right but he does take up some cap space.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Oh yeah itís so inconceivable that the plethora of Lakers young talent doesnít develop at all. Ingramís gonna be a Star. Ball, Kuz, and Randle could all become all star level talents. Josh Hart is pretty decent too.

Not to mention potential trades for that young talent.

People gonna be eating some serious crow when the Lakers win 2 ships in the next 4 years

"All young talent traded for Kawhi". Left with 34 year old Bron, Leonard and Lavar ball.

I think they could push GS to 5.

c.c.
07-01-2018, 09:32 PM
lol

rockets fans scurred...

Iím more amused than anything.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Tre, let us have some fun please. lmao.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the West, Lebron. Your Finals run just ended, son. We've been waiting for you; Year 15. Hilarious.

LeBron's utter stupidity of throwing away any chance of winning more rings makes me hope he gets crushed.

tredigs
07-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Tre, let us have some fun please. lmao.

Haha my dude I am SO happy to have the Lake Show be on point again! And I can't wait to see how this shakes out. I'll always shade 'Bron but WHAT A GET! Happy for you bro. I think I'll get some Kings tickets this year just to check them out.

JJ_JKidd
07-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Lebrons got some balls to go to the West teams are much much more competitive out there. Props to him tho for takin this route.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 09:37 PM
So, Lakers/Warrios Xmas day?

FlashBolt
Any jersey burnings?

basch152
lol, some laker fan said they're going to win 2 championships in the next 4 years. 😂😂😂

hugepatsfan
Look on the bright side, the East will crown a new champion this upcoming season

Celtics are huge winners in this. PHI even is a winner in the sense that Lebron out of the East moves the up a peg though obviously they were hoping to land him so it's tough to see it as a win.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 09:38 PM

should be Lakers OKC

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:39 PM
lol, some laker fan said they're going to win 2 championships in the next 4 years. 😂😂😂

The delusional Lakers fans have returned!!!

I kind of missed them.

Lakers + Giants
Haha my dude I am SO happy to have the Lake Show be on point again! And I can't wait to see how this shakes out. I'll always shade 'Bron but WHAT A GET! Happy for you bro. I think I'll get some Kings tickets this year just to check them out.

:cheers:

Feels good.

LOb0
Celtics are huge winners in this. PHI even is a winner in the sense that Lebron out of the East moves the up a peg though obviously they were hoping to land him so it's tough to see it as a win.

To be fair we we're going to breeze by him with a healthy team this year anyway.

More-Than-Most

Sixers/Lakers

Rockets/Warriors

Celtics/Raptors

c.c.
07-01-2018, 09:42 PM
LeBron's utter stupidity of throwing away any chance of winning more rings makes me hope he gets crushed.

This tougher schedule might take a toll on his health

Scoots
07-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Question ... what young player who has not won any personal awards has LeBron joined or joined LeBron who then got notably better?

As for winning a ring? LeBron being in the Pacific may be all the motivation needed to get the Warriors re-engaged and trying again.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 09:45 PM
should be Lakers OKC

I'd be curious how the Staples crowd treats PG lol

Sixers/Lakers

Rockets/Warriors

Celtics/Raptors

That'd be cool too. Or even Celtics/Lakers like the old days.

tredigs
07-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Question ... what young player who has not won any personal awards has LeBron joined or joined LeBron who then got notably better?

As for winning a ring? LeBron being in the Pacific may be all the motivation needed to get the Warriors re-engaged and trying again.

Kyrie? He was not going to compete for a title, but Lebron took that team to the Finals and allowed him to shine on the biggest of stages.

I don't think he makes teammates better, but he is in an instant contender and the Lakers - regardless of who they sign now - are a new force in the West. I am so happy this ***** finally decided to come West.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 09:47 PM
This tougher schedule might take a toll on his health

Add in that when he was with the Cavs his travel miles were a little more than half the miles he's going to have to travel now.

And, titles require defense ... who are the great defenders on the Lakers? They don't have a solid defensive foundation and this version of LeBron doesn't seem up to bringing people in to get them all playing hard D.

And, how long before LeBron blames Walton and the Lakers hire one of LeBron's choices for coach?

And, of course, LaVar Ball entertainment.

It will be interesting for sure.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Kyrie? He was not going to compete for a title, but Lebron took that team to the Finals and allowed him to shine on the biggest of stages.

I don't think he makes teammates better, but he is in an instant contender and the Lakers - regardless of who they sign now - are a new force in the West. I am so happy this ***** finally decided to come West.

Kyrie was rookie of the year and all-star MVP before LeBron and was clearly confident and skilled enough to get respect before LeBron joined him.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:49 PM
I'd be curious how the Staples crowd treats PG lol

That'd be cool too. Or even Celtics/Lakers like the old days.

nvm i prefer what he said lol...

Sixers/Celtics
Lakers/OKC
warriors/Rockets
Raptors/Wizards

Okc vs Lakers needs to happen... This would be an amazing christmas day having these 4 matchups.

Jenceman
07-01-2018, 09:50 PM
"All young talent traded for Kawhi". Left with 34 year old Bron, Leonard and Lavar ball.

I think they could push GS to 5.

Lol yeah right the Spurs just lost what little leverage they had, Kawhi is threatening to sit out the season. Lakers arenít even offering Kuzma anymore

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Lol yeah right the Spurs just lost what little leverage they had, Kawhi is threatening to sit out the season. Lakers arenít even offering Kuzma anymore

except the sixers are thinking about saric/cov and 3 firsts... spurs would just settle for something like that genius

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:52 PM

LOL

Spurs: We'll only do it if Kuzma is ba--

Magic: DONE!!

tredigs
07-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Kyrie was rookie of the year and all-star MVP before LeBron and was clearly confident and skilled enough to get respect before LeBron joined him.

'Bron still gave him the platform to shine on the biggest of stages. Again, he did not make him any better, but in the East he could will a team to the Finals, and that's when Kyrie went from "good stats on a bad team" to one of the most clutch players in sports. Lol at "All Star MVP" btw. Who cares?

Jenceman
except the sixers are thinking about saric/cov and 3 firsts... spurs would just settle for something like that genius

Then he leaves the 76ers next season or doesnít play for them at all

kdspurman

From what I've seen that report isn't true. Idk how they lost leverage tho, they still need Kawhi to be a legit contender.

Also, LA isn't the only place he can be traded to.

More-Than-Most

much like pg13 right? or westy right? both guys were suppose guaranteed be lakers and wanted out etc etc etc. Funny

LOb0
07-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Like Paul George.

nastynice
07-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Sweet! Let's see if kawhi gets there

LA_1
07-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Lmao so many salty fans in here

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Like Paul George.

like Paul George.

This will never get old lol

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Lmao so many salty fans in here

Things Paul George said about laker fans for 500 alex? : )

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Rumors are Bosh may make a return to the Lakers. Probably won't happen.

Anyhow, MTM, remember when I said Magic would turn the Lakers around and you scoffed at it? Magic's a boss.

Jenceman
PG is dumb, and Lebron wasnít a Laker yet.

Dade County

Opening night

OKC vs Lakers

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Rumors are Bosh may make a return to the Lakers. Probably won't happen.

Anyhow, MTM, remember when I said Magic would turn the Lakers around and you scoffed at it? Magic's a boss.

this isnt really doing anything special though. This had 0 to do with magic and most likely everything to do with the money he got/playing in LA and his family. This was a no brainer... Seeing what magic does from here after being screwed by PG13 will determine how good he is

LOb0
07-01-2018, 10:00 PM
this isnt really doing anything special though. This had 0 to do with magic and most likely everything to do with the money he got/playing in LA and his family. This was a no brainer... Seeing what magic does from here after being screwed by PG13 will determine how good he is

Exactly. Lets not just say this was all Magic here. Lets see how lowball he can pull off the Kawhi trade and plug the holes on the team.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Lol, bro.. stop it... You are kidding yourself if you don't think Magic trading away D'Lo and Mosgov and then Jordan Clarkson/Nance to free up cap had nothing to do with it.. Magic was at his house for three hours working the deal. Don't be stubborn and just admit you were wrong man.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Before Magic got to the Lakers, none of you would have guessed they were getting LeBron. He got LeBron, period. No Buss family, Mitch, no one there could have done it. What changed was Magic Johnson turning the Lakers around - which I said he would be able to do because he is a winner at all aspects of life.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Honestly this was hatched by Magic and LBJ's team last summer when the KCP deal was done...

I have been saying LBJ was coming in the lakers forum from that day forward.

LOb0
Lol, bro.. stop it... You are kidding yourself if you don't think Magic trading away D'Lo and Mosgov and then Jordan Clarkson/Nance to free up cap had nothing to do with it.. Magic was at his house for three hours working the deal. Don't be stubborn and just admit you were wrong man.

lol a brain dead monkey could've made those trades. Wow trading away young player with bad contract attached to open cap.

His real test is right now.

FlashBolt
Honestly this was hatched by Magic and LBJ's team last summer when the KCP deal was done...

I have been saying LBJ was coming in the lakers forum from that day forward.

KCP was a scout for LeBron confirmed.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Before Magic got to the Lakers, none of you would have guessed they were getting LeBron. He got LeBron, period. No Buss family, Mitch, no one there could have done it. What changed was Magic Johnson turning the Lakers around - which I said he would be able to do because he is a winner at all aspects of life.

He'd be there right now if Delonte West was the GM. It doesn't matter.

FlashBolt
lol a brain dead monkey could've made those trades. Wow trading away young player with bad contract attached to open cap.

His real test is right now.

And yet, they weren't made. And yet, it was Magic Johnson who closed the deal officially. And yet, like I have been saying, LeBron James trusts Magic Johnson enough to sign to be a Lakers for at least three years. Did he do that for the Cavs? Nope. Do you think without Magic, LeBron even thinks about the Lakers? No way, no how.

FlashBolt
He'd be there right now if Delonte West was the GM. It doesn't matter.

Back to ignore you go.

More-Than-Most

freeing up all of that was 2 get 2 max players in free agency when he planned for PG13 a year plus out and took a 500k fine for nothing.... That is failure right there dude.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:06 PM
freeing up all of that was 2 get 2 max players in free agency when he planned for PG13 a year plus out and took a 500k fine for nothing.... That is failure right there dude.

Sixers are a failure for not getting LeBron by that same logic...?

LOb0
07-01-2018, 10:07 PM
And yet, they weren't made. And yet, it was Magic Johnson who closed the deal officially. And yet, like I have been saying, LeBron James trusts Magic Johnson enough to sign to be a Lakers for at least three years. Did he do that for the Cavs? Nope. Do you think without Magic, LeBron even thinks about the Lakers? No way, no how.

So wait he doesn't sign with the owner he hates? Shocking. It's not like he ever signed a 6 year deal with another team right?

AllBall
07-01-2018, 10:09 PM
If they sign JJ Redick then I know they're legit going for it.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Sixers are a failure for not getting LeBron by that same logic...?

our goal was 1 max player with hope that we could get lebron but it was never expected... not getting any stars would be a failure yes....

also how about this...

[Rovell] $136.6 million: What Dan Gilbert has paid LeBron for his 11 seasons in Cleveland. $154 million: What LeBron will make in his next four seasons with the Lakers.

Gilbert got 3 times lebron in his prime longer than the lakers will and paid him much less and got a championship. Gilbert i guess is a genius compared to magic?

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:10 PM

Too pricy.. and you can't let DeMarcus Cousins go because you signed Redick.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:11 PM

It would and Reddick would be an amazing signing for them but i dont think they have the space

AllBall

Yes you can. Shooters are more important than traditional centers in today's game.

FlashBolt
our goal was 1 max player with hope that we could get lebron but it was never expected... not getting any stars would be a failure yes....

also how about this...

[Rovell] $136.6 million: What Dan Gilbert has paid LeBron for his 11 seasons in Cleveland. $154 million: What LeBron will make in his next four seasons with the Lakers.

Gilbert got 3 times lebron in his prime longer than the lakers will and paid him much less and got a championship. Gilbert i guess is a genius compared to magic?

Why are you asking such a dumb question? That tweet is just evidence of how far NBA players have come in getting paid. It's the best time to be an NBA player right now if you want to get the dollars.

AllBall
It would and Reddick would be an amazing signing for them but i dont think they have the space

Lebron James discount effect. It's a real thing.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:12 PM

cousins has to come in a Sign and trade... they cant get him in free agency... they just spent 51 million in cap dollars...

FlashBolt
Yes you can. Shooters are more important than traditional centers in today's game.

You just said Redick is more impactful than Cousins. Is this how bad Miami has gotten to where you make these kind of comments?

Vinylman

also how about this...

lololololol

omfg... people are so dumb

Rovell is an idiot... he made max every year basically... is he to dumb to understand that the scale has changed... talk about an infant

hugepatsfan
07-01-2018, 10:13 PM

I'm surprised you like Cousins so much considering your stance on Westbrook...

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 10:13 PM
it will take The lakers a 2-3 years to truly contend. Takes time to Gel and the Lakers aren't even complete yet.

I don't know if Luke Walton is the right Coach for LeBron.

Lonzo playing off ball? better learn how to shoot.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:14 PM
cousins has to come in a Sign and trade... they cant get him in free agency... they just spent 51 million in cap dollars...

Cousins is not in high demand because of his injury. They can get him. How are they going to do a sign and trade...? That makes no sense. He's a free agent.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Good for Lebron and the rest of his family. I'm happy that the guy is making the move that's right for his family and his long-term career aspirations beyond the NBA. And this move is ultimately a good one for the league, probably, as the league is always a little more fun when the Lakers are relevant.

That being said, it is going to suck to see him in purple and gold the next 4+ years, and I think it's almost inevitable that my love and respect for him is slowly going to turn to a little vitriol. If it's Lebron and the Lakers vs. KD/Steph and the Warriors, I'll probably root for Lebron. But it's like picking with personal hell I'd rather be in.

More-Than-Most
the lakers had 46 mill in cap space... they just spent 51... they are now like 5 mill over the cap... if they let randle walk and do something with deng they could free up to 67 million which would give them about 16 million in cap space by letting randle walk and trading Deng... They need to do a sign and trade to get cousins.

FlashBolt
I'm surprised you like Cousins so much considering your stance on Westbrook...

He's the best option available at this point and if they can get him for one year, they have nothing to lose. my stance on Westbrook is irrelevant on this. Cousins and Randle can feast on the Warriors.

BKLYNpigeon
Cousins is not in high demand because of his injury. They can get him. How are they going to do a sign and trade...? That makes no sense. He's a free agent.

He can sign with the Pelicans in a sign and trade to Lakers.

mightybosstone
In terms of the actual team itself, though, is anyone else a little confused as to what the Lakers' front office is doing right now? The Lebron signing obviously makes sense, but why spend $12 million on KCP and target Nerlens Noel? Those guys won't make them a contender. Unless they get Kawhi (which I still have serious doubts about happening), they're running out of cap room for this year. Maybe there are other tradeable star players they're targeting? Because if not, it kind of feels like they're just punting this season for next year.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 10:16 PM
'Bron still gave him the platform to shine on the biggest of stages. Again, he did not make him any better, but in the East he could will a team to the Finals, and that's when Kyrie went from "good stats on a bad team" to one of the most clutch players in sports. Lol at "All Star MVP" btw. Who cares?

I was thinking more of the Lakers fans talking about how LeBron is going to help develop their young players, and I'm wondering why they think that when I don't know of it ever happening before.

AllBall
https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1013579618044010500

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1013585569803317249

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1013587422242844672

More-Than-Most

um the same way the cavs did when lebron was a free agent and he went to the heat and they got a big package in return... sign and trades benefit the team getting the player because they can not go over the cap to sign the player unless I am mistaken.

Wizards are interested in a sign and trade with cousins right now as well.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:17 PM
He can sign with the Pelicans in a sign and trade to Lakers.

Mmm... It kind of depends. If they do a sign and trade, it will hard cap them. So between whatever they send out and take back in Cousins contract CANNOT put them over that hard cap figure. That's the whole reason why the Rockets were pretty much out of the running for Lebron after he opted out.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:18 PM

pretty much the math i just did... their only option is to do a sign and trade for cousins or go all in and trade for KL... getting rid of deng would cost them a ton and even then cousins might not come for 17 million... lakers need to sign and trade for cousins or trade for KL... Pope deal screwed them

tredigs
07-01-2018, 10:18 PM
I was thinking more of the Lakers fans talking about how LeBron is going to help develop their young players, and I'm wondering why they think that when I don't know of it ever happening before.

Oh, well yeah if that's a sentiment it's certainly foolish. 'Bron is about him, himself, and #23. I'll believe him playing off ball and progressing young talent when I see it, which we absolutely never have.

I'm just amped up about a Warriors/Lakers rivalry; hoping they add a few more pieces to make it competitive.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 10:19 PM
In terms of the actual team itself, though, is anyone else a little confused as to what the Lakers' front office is doing right now? The Lebron signing obviously makes sense, but why spend $12 million on KCP and target Nerlens Noel? Those guys won't make them a contender. Unless they get Kawhi (which I still have serious doubts about happening), they're running out of cap room for this year. Maybe there are other tradeable star players they're targeting? Because if not, it kind of feels like they're just punting this season for next year.

1 year deals are great! theres no long term commitment. Im guessing the Lakers want to stay competitive this year and have all that cap space open up for next year to land bigger free agents.

KCP and Nerlens are represented by Klutch Sports. LeBron takes care of his own guys. lol.

metswon69
If Lebron wanted to give himself the best chance at another title, he should have went to Philly. With Embiid and Simmons, there wasn't a ton of competition there besides Boston to win the East.

Going to the Lakers is great for his brand but I don't see a scenario where the Lakers overcome the Warriors or the Rockets. The Spurs aren't trading Kawhi to the Lakers and signing Cousins isn't a slam dunk with his injury concerns and the length of whatever deal he gets.

I get why Lebron would want to play in LA but if his goal is to win more championships, he should have went elsewhere. Its a shame Kawhi wants to leave San Antonio and his health is a question because that would have been a better option than LA as well.

More-Than-Most
Mmm... It kind of depends. If they do a sign and trade, it will hard cap them. So between whatever they send out and take back in Cousins contract CANNOT put them over that hard cap figure. That's the whole reason why the Rockets were pretty much out of the running for Lebron after he opted out.

3 team deal/etc... cousins to LA... Deng and ball to a 3rd team with kuzma and a first going to the pelicans... something like that maybe.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:20 PM
1 year deals are great! theres no long term commitment. Im guessing the Lakers want to stay competitive this year and have all that cap space open up for next year to land bigger free agents.

KCP and Nerlens are represented by Klutch Sports. LeBron takes care of his own guys. lol.

yea this is why lebron is already ****ing up. He got them to bring back KCP and that ****ed up their cap.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:21 PM

I understand all of this, but if you're Lebron, wouldn't this be kind of a bummer for you? You just signed a 4-year deal at age 33 at the tail end of your prime and the front office tells you "We've got a good young core and some solid role players, but we're going to wait to add that second piece until next season. You don't mind us wasting a whole year for your prime, do you?" I dunno. I just think the Lakers can and should be willing to do more to make LA a contender this season then re-signing KCP and Randle. Kemba Walker is available. Quit screwing around and go make Charlotte an offer!

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:22 PM

this post floored me man... come on you are better than this... Bron got LA to sign pope clearly... that 12 million killed any shot of them outright signing cousins.

AllBall
pretty much the math i just did... their only option is to do a sign and trade for cousins or go all in and trade for KL... getting rid of deng would cost them a ton and even then cousins might not come for 17 million... lakers need to sign and trade for cousins or trade for KL... Pope deal screwed them

Technically, nothing is actually signed until July 8, so a lot of maneuvering can still happen. Order of signing also plays a big role.

FlashBolt
this post floored me man... come on you are better than this... Bron go LA to sign pope clearly... that 12 million killed any shot of them outright signing cousins.

Wtf are you talking about? I was the first to say it wasn't a smart move... If I were the Lakers, I would have waited to see what the Kawhi deal was heading.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:23 PM
the lakers had 46 mill in cap space... they just spent 51... they are now like 5 mill over the cap... if they let randle walk and do something with deng they could free up to 67 million which would give them about 16 million in cap space by letting randle walk and trading Deng... They need to do a sign and trade to get cousins.

dude... with KCP and LBJ on board they are only at $85 million in contracts. if they get rid of deng and randles hold the would effectively have around $27 million to work with

LA4life24/8
NBA forum a little butthurt over lebron to LA it looks like lol

They cant do this they cant do that... lol

Aight den. We shall see

mightybosstone

But the Lakers won't really be that "competitive" this year if their second best player is Brandon Igram or Julius Randle. With the same team as last year, plus Lebron, is that Lakers team even that much better than the Cavs were? I definitely wouldn't put them ahead of the Warriors or Rockets. Hell, there might be 2-3 other squads in the West that are still better on paper.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:24 PM
They are saying if Bosh gets cleared, he will be going to the Lakers.

mrblisterdundee
07-01-2018, 10:24 PM
If I'm the Lakers, I offer up all the youngins for Anthony Davis ó Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, picks. Try to get him before the Celtics. Then again, screw the Lakers.

LA4life24/8
07-01-2018, 10:25 PM
dude... with KCP and LBJ on board they are only at $85 million in contracts. if they get rid of deng and randles hold the would effectively have around $27 million to work with

People just mad man.. makes em not be able to math properly..

Lakers can clear more cap if they choose to. Or they can wait til next off season and sign kawhi outright

Haters gunnn hate

AllBall
NBA forum a little butthurt over lebron to LA it looks like lol

They cant do this they cant do that... lol

Aight den. We shall see

More like 2 posters?

I mean, this was the worst kept secret. It was known for the longest time. Lebron to Miami, surprise. Lebron back to Cavs, surprise. Lebron to LA, yeah even the seniors at the local retirement home knew about it 2 years before it happened.

HandsOnTheWheel
They are saying if Bosh gets cleared, he will be going to the Lakers.

Doubt he gets cleared, but that would be awesome.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Lakers can clear more cap if they choose to. Or they can wait til next off season and sign kawhi outright

Haters gunnn hate

yeah Ö that number even includes Wagner

tredigs
07-01-2018, 10:27 PM

Haters gunnn hate

Looking forward to more dormant accounts like this to resurface on PSD> This Lakers tenure is going to be hilarious.

More-Than-Most

they would have to trade deng and let randle walk... is letting randle walk for nothing and getting out from under deng at the cost of ball plus picks worth getting a max cousins because then if you do this you cant get KL next year and they arent going to give up all of thise pieces to get a cousins and not max him or near max him and cousins isnt gonna take a pay cut.

LA4life24/8
yeah Ö that number even includes Wagner

Yep. Exactly. Maginka knows what they are doing

AllBall
Doubt he gets cleared, but that would be awesome.

That would be a horrible, I don't want to see Bosh die on the court. :(

jmkh
lance stephenson signing with lakers
hahahahaha

LA4life24/8
07-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Looking forward to more dormant accounts like this to resurface on PSD> This Lakers tenure is going to be hilarious.

I stay in the Lakers forum def not dormant.

I just wanted to read some butthurt in the NBA forum... which is clearly very real

FlashBolt
Lmao. They are saying Kawhi may sit out next season...

AllBall
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1013609373246074880

Ear warmers are hard to come by

Wade n Fade
07-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Lol Lance and LeBron teammates. I read Bosh might try to join LA. I hope no doctor will let Bosh risk his life.

Dubs fans have to be laughing at Lance + LeBron tonight.

FlashBolt

I just wanted to read some butthurt in the NBA forum... which is clearly very real

Wait till he finds out all those dormant accounts are from "Warriors" fans.

FlashBolt
Lance joining Lakers LMFAO!!!

tredigs
07-01-2018, 10:30 PM

Gotchya. Never seen your screen name before. Makes sense. Looking forward to seeing more of you and your like venturing out out to the main board again. Welcome back. And it only took Lebron joining you in year 16 to get there.

LA4life24/8
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1013609373246074880

Ear warmers are hard to come by

Ay it was like when ron artest or Matt barnes joined kobe,they weren't friends before but it worked out for em

LOb0
LMAO Lance.

Bron has his new JR Smith in LA.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2018, 10:31 PM
That would be a horrible, I don't want to see Bosh die on the court. :(

It's his decision though. He needs to find a doctor willing to put their credibility on the line in clearing him knock on wood anything would happen to him and then he can realistically make a return. Miss CB man!!

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:32 PM
It's his decision though. He needs to find a doctor willing to put their credibility on the line in clearing him knock on wood anything would happen to him and then he can realistically make a return. Miss CB man!!

Wait a minute....... Something is fishy here.

More-Than-Most
lmfao at the lance stevenson signing. What a joke

LA4life24/8
Gotchya. Never seen your screen name before. Makes sense. Looking forward to seeing more of you and your like venturing out out to the main board again.

Well I dont post like 100s of times a day even there but I post a lot more there almost never here. If serious thanks for the welcoming lol

But I'll still mostly stick to the Lakers anyways lol

GiantsSwaGG
James
Lonzo
Lance
Kuz

This will be fun talk about head cases

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:33 PM
I can't wait for Lance to start arguing with LaVar. This is going to be hilarious.

AllBall

Bigger hurdle than that. It was the NBA's own doctors that denied clearance. The NBA doesn't want someone to die on the court on national TV. This isn't motorsports or some extreme sports, it's putting a damn ball in a hoop, basketball.

Lakers + Giants
James
Lonzo
Lance
Kuz

This will be fun talk about head cases

besides lance, who else is a headcase?!?!

LA4life24/8
I didn't watch much of lance last year, hopefully he can still ball tho.

If he can just play defense that's a plus signing idc what y'all say haha

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:34 PM
1 year, $4.5 million. Not bad.

tredigs
Well I dont post like 100s of times a day even there but I post a lot more there almost never here. If serious thanks for the welcoming lol

But I'll still mostly stick to the Lakers anyways lol

Lol I'm just talking a little **** but yes bro I really do think/hope that this signing will bring a lot of fun Lakers posters here. This move is huge for the NBA as a whole.

More-Than-Most
I can't wait for Lance to start arguing with LaVar. This is going to be hilarious.

ok credit to magic for lebron i guess but pope and stevenson? lololol this is going to be hilarious.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Lmao. They are saying Kawhi may sit out next season...

That's so pathetic. I get that the guy wants to play in LA, but he gets paid tens of millions of dollars to put a ball in a circle and play a game we'd all kill to be able to play for a living. Either suit up and be a professional or retire. He's a freaking baby throwing a temper tantrum., and he's hurting the value of the franchise that made him a millionaire and helped cultivate his skills to become a max player in the first place.

tredigs
Lance is a nothing signing on an NBA level, but hilarious on a personal level between those two.

More-Than-Most
That's so pathetic. I get that the guy wants to play in LA, but he gets paid tens of millions of dollars to put a ball in a circle and play a game we'd all kill to be able to play for a living. Either suit up and be a professional or retire. He's a freaking baby throwing a temper tantrum...

i hope the spurs call his bluff and he sits out all year. Goodbye endorsements/20 mill etc

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Lance is a nothing signing on an NBA level, but hilarious on a personal level between those two.

him and Drose should be out of the NBA already. When will teams learn.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:37 PM
ok credit to magic for lebron i guess but pope and stevenson? lololol this is going to be hilarious.

I like Stephenson. He is annoying but he is high energy and maybe they think he can annoy Durant to an extent. It's $4.5 million. They can always trade him, easily.

KCP is weird to me.. I don't know why they did that in a rush. Should have waited to see what KCP could fetch in the market first.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 10:37 PM
That's so pathetic. I get that the guy wants to play in LA, but he gets paid tens of millions of dollars to put a ball in a circle and play a game we'd all kill to be able to play for a living. Either suit up and be a professional or retire. He's a freaking baby throwing a temper tantrum., and he's hurting the value of the franchise that made him a millionaire and helped cultivate his skills to become a max player in the first place.

I can honestly say. Good ****in **** kawhi, kudos.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:38 PM

I agree. But I don't know man.. he seems to be really bothered by the Spurs for some reason. If I were him and TP said what he said, I would be pissed as hell because TP does not open his mouth unless Pop approves.

LA4life24/8
Lol I'm just talking a little **** but yes bro I really do think/hope that this signing will bring a lot of fun Lakers posters here. This move is huge for the NBA as a whole.

Me too! Lakers have been basically irrelevant for awhile now and I'm just having some fun while the limelight is back on them.

It is a crazy move though it will put the NBA at the forefront of the sporting news for a min!

hugepatsfan
He's the best option available at this point and if they can get him for one year, they have nothing to lose. my stance on Westbrook is irrelevant on this. Cousins and Randle can feast on the Warriors.

Cousins is the same type of stat chasing player that fails to impact winnings the way Westbrook is.

Any ďfeastingĒ Randle/Cousins do inside it getting outscored by the feasting Durant and Green will go on the perimeter against them.

More-Than-Most

if this is his mentality which i think the report is ******** but if he is this kind of a character i wouldnt even want him on the sixers. Not sour grapes... I had issues with PG13 and what he did... I really cant stand this. This is the thing that pisses me off more than anything in sports. I ****ing hate when Eli did it in football.

cmellofan15
07-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Might be late to the party but I respect Lebron a lot for this decision.

After making up his own teams and playing gm in the past with Cleveland and Miami heís taking a chance on LAís management to put them in contention and accepted the challenge of the Western Conference.

This will be great for his brand and life after basketball, but he is doing a huge service to the NBA by bringing relevance back to the Lakers. Even as a Nuggets fan Iím excited to see how this turns out for them.

tredigs
him and Drose should be out of the NBA already. When will teams learn.

I don't know, but Lebron will HATE playing with Lance and I personally can not wait for the passive-aggressiveness to ensue.

More-Than-Most
I like Stephenson. He is annoying but he is high energy and maybe they think he can annoy Durant to an extent. It's $4.5 million. They can always trade him, easily.

KCP is weird to me.. I don't know why they did that in a rush. Should have waited to see what KCP could fetch in the market first.

bron is the reason for pope. I am sure when he agreed to join that was one of his conditions. He loves getting his guys paid.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Wait a minute....... Something is fishy here.
Oh?

Bigger hurdle than that. It was the NBA's own doctors that denied clearance. The NBA doesn't want someone to die on the court on national TV. This isn't motorsports or some extreme sports, it's putting a damn ball in a hoop, basketball.
That's why he won't be cleared lol. I'm just saying it would be awesome to see him back especially with Bron. He's still only 34 too

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Oh my god!

A dream come true...Welcome to the Lakers King James

FlashBolt
Cousins is the same type of stat chasing player that fails to impact winnings the way Westbrook is.

Any ďfeastingĒ Randle/Cousins do inside it getting outscored by the feasting Durant and Green will go on the perimeter against them.

Cousins knows LeBron is the top dog. He's been on SAC, can you blame him? Who was on SAC? Now compare to Russ who had KD. You don't know how frustrating it is watching KD demand the ball but Westbrook not even take a glance at him and takes a pull-up jumper. Trust me, dude. Cousins is not Westbrook.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:41 PM
why not send randle plus for love? If randle wants out i am sure lebron would be for it lol

mightybosstone

Really? You'd support a 100 percent healthy player sitting out an entire season in order to force a team to trade him? Suppose we were back in the early 2000s when Shaq and Kobe were feuding. Suppose one of them approached the situation that way. Would you feel the same way? I highly doubt it.

FlashBolt
why not send randle plus for love? If randle wants out i am sure lebron would be for it lol

Randle is a better fit with LeBron. One thing I hate about Love is he's not athletic enough to do basic things that would punish a team.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Cousins knows LeBron is the top dog. He's been on SAC, can you blame him? Who was on SAC? Now compare to Russ who had KD. You don't know how frustrating it is watching KD demand the ball but Westbrook not even take a glance at him and takes a pull-up jumper. Trust me, dude. Cousins is not Westbrook.

i am with ya here. I dont know how cousins will be post injury and that is a concern but i always loved cousins. Lakers fans hated him and I always always defended him and his game. The dude would be perfect with lebron

FlashBolt
Really? You'd support a 100 percent healthy player sitting out an entire season in order to force a team to trade him? Suppose we were back in the early 2000s when Shaq and Kobe were feuding. Suppose one of them approached the situation that way. Would you feel the same way? I highly doubt it.

It's a players league, though. This is how the league will work from now on. Kyrie did the same.

More-Than-Most
Randle is a better fit with LeBron. One thing I hate about Love is he's not athletic enough to do basic things that would punish a team.

oh i def agree but randle wants out. He is beyond pissed at the lakers right now... that came out right after lebron signed lol

Vinylman

kcp is easily worth that on a 1 year deal. If it was multi-year I would agree that it is to much but he played very well last year for the Lakers and is taking less money this year.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 10:43 PM
If the Lakers don't get some shooters soon, I'd be pissed if I were an LA fan. Gonna be a lot of bricks dished out by Bron.

mightybosstone

I kinda think the best thing for both Lebron and Love is to part ways. They've gone as far as they could together and they both needed to be around some different personnel. Lebron can't win with Love as his No. 2. And Love can't really thrive and play his game on the same team with Lebron.

I'd like to see Love go somewhere where his low post skills could be better utilized and he'd get more of a chance to be a scoring threat down low. Not sure where that is, though.

LA4life24/8
kcp is easily worth that on a 1 year deal. If it was multi-year I would agree that it is to much but he played very well last year for the Lakers and is taking less money this year.

As long as he gets his shot in rhythm of the offense he was solid last year when he goes around jacking up ridiculous shots.. ughh

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:44 PM
oh i def agree but randle wants out. He is beyond pissed at the lakers right now... that came out right after lebron signed lol

that is all about his dumbass agent mintz being a whiney ***** about not getting the extension last fall... he needs to shut up because if there is any hope of Randle getting a good deal he is probably gonna need a S&T

look what Gordon just got... way below max

AllBall
07-01-2018, 10:44 PM
If the Lakers don't get some shooters soon, I'd be pissed if I were an LA fan. Gonna be a lot of bricks dished out by Bron.

I'm sure JJ Redick still has a house in LA. ;)

ODB13
07-01-2018, 10:45 PM
I've been clear about disliking LeBron James for a long time on here.

But this is unexpectedly, genuinely ballsy.

Respect.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:45 PM
that is all about his dumbass agent mintz being a whiney ***** about not getting the extension last fall... he needs to shut up because if there is any hope of Randle getting a good deal he is probably gonna need a S&T

look what Gordon just got... way below max

I love randle and think he is underappeciated but i agree with you he and his agents are being dumbasses. He wants more than he should get def and I def wouldnt give him the number he is clearly looking for. Its pretty ****** of the timing as well.. Lebron signs and randle wants out. ****** ****** timing on his part.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:46 PM
LeBron
KCP
Ingram
Ball
Hart
Kuzma
Lance
Randle

That's way too many players who need the ball. Someone HAS to be traded. Kawhi or no Kawhi.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Respect.

he is the anti pg13. He didnt lie about anything... kept quiet looked at what was best and did what was best and even had the manners to give the sixers a meeting.

AllBall
07-01-2018, 10:47 PM

Respect.

Makes him more relatable in a strange way. He's like, screw it, gonna go annoy those West coast teams, lol.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:48 PM
LeBron
KCP
Ingram
Ball
Hart
Kuzma
Lance
Randle

That's way too many players who need the ball. Someone HAS to be traded. Kawhi or no Kawhi.

Randle is def gone after his ***** like temper tantrums... Kuzma is needing because he is a shooter... Ball honestly has to go. Ball and Randle are the odd men out. Ball wont net you KL... ball plus gets you kemba though.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:49 PM

so ignorant Ö I guess KCP isn't a good 3 pt shooter... nor kuzma nor hart nor ingram

hate makes people dumber by the minute

tredigs
07-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Makes him more relatable in a strange way. He's like, screw it, gonna go annoy those West coast teams, lol.

More like, he exhausted his resources in Cleveland and moved on to greener pastures, which is simply what he always does (plus he already lives in LA). I personally love this move though.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Cavs are 500-1 odds at winning the title.

Lakers are 7-1. Second after Warriors.

Lakers are not the 2nd best team in the NBA. This is all hype but there is no way LeBron alone with that Lakers team is 2nd in it.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:50 PM
so ignorant Ö I guess KCP isn't a good 3 pt shooter... nor kuzma nor hart nor ingram

yea kuz/ingram esp fit well with their shooting... kcp can also drop the 3. No issues with their shooting. I havent seen much of hart so i can take your word for it is all.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:51 PM
I love randle and think he is underappeciated but i agree with you he and his agents are being dumbasses. He wants more than he should get def and I def wouldnt give him the number he is clearly looking for. Its pretty ****** of the timing as well.. Lebron signs and randle wants out. ****** ****** timing on his part.

he shares an agent with paulina George Ö no love lost there... not to mention Pelinka thinks he is an idiot from back in the day.

Bruno
07-01-2018, 10:51 PM
too many years. 40+M a year as a 37 year old. who does he think he is, Kobe?

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:52 PM
yea kuz/ingram esp fit well with their shooting... kcp can also drop the 3. No issues with their shooting. I havent seen much of hart so i can take your word for it is all.

hart shot the highest percentage of all of them... kuzma the lowest lol

mightybosstone
I'm sure JJ Redick still has a house in LA. ;)

And they're going to sign him with what money? The MLE?

AllBall

Lakers are not the 2nd best team in the NBA. This is all hype but there is no way LeBron alone with that Lakers team is 2nd in it.

Well, as they say in Vegas, put your money where your mouth is.

More-Than-Most

Talent wise

Warriors
Rockets
Celtics

Are all def better... those are the top 3

Sixers should be higher just because they are out east and their road wont be as hard as the lakers road.... Pelicans and AD might be here too.

After that its one big cluster **** of Lakers/Jazz/Raptors/Wizards/OKC/Blazers

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Lol Lance and LeBron teammates. I read Bosh might try to join LA. I hope no doctor will let Bosh risk his life.

They should bring back Karl Malone from retirement.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Josh Hart: 15/7/2 on 45% 3P% in the last 25 games for Lakers. Not bad.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:53 PM

yea i seen very little of hart. Kuzma was hot and then dropped off but he def has the tools.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:54 PM
And they're going to sign him with what money? The MLE?

what do you think he gets this year? they could easily do $12 million... although I wouldn't

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:54 PM
too many years. 40+M a year as a 37 year old. who does he think he is, Kobe?

this is what bothered me the most. I thought sixers/lakers/cavs would all get a 1 and 1... never did i expect 4 years at 39 mill a season. Lets hope he stays healthy because that could end up nasty. If anyone can stay clean and remain dominant its def james.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 10:55 PM
They should bring back Karl Malone from retirement.

**** that trade ball and get magic to lace them up lol... real talk... magic today---------------------------------------------------------->rose right now.

Bruno
07-01-2018, 10:55 PM
think its a brilliant move by LeBron.

Laker fans are the last faction of NBA fans who haven't bent the knee yet. the last group of fans who still aren't certain that he's top five all time. the final frontier. a title in Los Angeles and all bets are off the table.

the Lakers are like Dorne. Unbent, unbroken. He had to marry in.

LA4life24/8
07-01-2018, 10:56 PM
All their 3pt shooting should improve at least a little w lebron there

Bruno
07-01-2018, 10:59 PM
this is what bothered me the most. I thought sixers/lakers/cavs would all get a 1 and 1... never did i expect 4 years at 39 mill a season. Lets hope he stays healthy because that could end up nasty. If anyone can stay clean and remain dominant its def james.

2+1 made the most sense but then again LeBron is super human.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Lakers just signed McGee Ö scoots gonna cry

tredigs
Lakers got Javale. Now it's personal :laugh:

AllBall
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1013618110388101121

Ewww. This squad is quickly looking like poop.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Wtf Javale?

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Javale to the Lakers. WTF?

Bruno
07-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Lance and McGee. what are we doing?

why isn't DMCs agent on the phone? Why haven't we offered Capella a sabotage max yet? we couldnt sign Noel for the same price as McGee?

AllBall
07-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Wtf Javale?

Seriously Magic, my reaction:

https://media.giphy.com/media/HNLV4URyFfpHq/giphy.gif

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:06 PM
You gotta wonder Lakers have been planning this for a while, right? They can't possibly be getting all these pieces just now.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 11:09 PM
You gotta wonder Lakers have been planning this for a while, right? They can't possibly be getting all these pieces just now.

well we need to go full blown crazy... Rondo is next

not actually out of the realm since NO just signed payton

Vinylman

I think this is why they got LBJ to announce tonight because they had more pieces that they were getting concerned over.

Bruno

lakers are finished playing by the rules. that was the consolation prize in the jim buss firing. no more 12:01 mitch phone calls.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:10 PM
well we need to go full blown crazy... Rondo is next

not actually out of the realm since NO just signed payton

Rondo would confirm you guys are getting Kawhi. No doubt about it.

Bruno
the lakers have to be deciding between Cousins or Brook right?

FlashBolt
I am hearing Dwight to the Lakers may be possible..

LOb0
07-01-2018, 11:13 PM
AHAHAHA Mcgee and Lance and Lavar. Holy Hell this is going to end in flames.

I am hearing Dwight to the Lakers may be possible..

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Rondo would confirm you guys are getting Kawhi. No doubt about it.

I think these other deals are all in preparation about going after KL

I think they are gonna cave and send Ingram / Hart and a pick.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 11:14 PM
the lakers have to be deciding between Cousins or Brook right?

I think lopez is out Ö he probably ends up in GS now

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:14 PM
I think these other deals are all in preparation about going after KL

I think they are gonna cave and send Ingram / Hart and a pick.

Well, looks like Stephen A's report on Kawhi potentially sitting out has gone mainstream.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:15 PM
I can't wait to see Lance and McGee argue all game and LeBron sits there with a blank face. Get the memes out.

AllBall
07-01-2018, 11:15 PM
AHAHAHA Mcgee and Lance and Lavar. Holy Hell this is going to end in flames.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

This Lakers offseason feature presentation directed by M. Knight shyamaamalayan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

nastynice
07-01-2018, 11:16 PM
If Lakers somehow get kawhi without giving up all the depth, this team could start looking like a favorite as the playoffs near

LOb0
07-01-2018, 11:17 PM

LOL enjoy the bricks.

redsox12
07-01-2018, 11:17 PM
If Kawhi sits out (which he won't), woulden't it freeze his contract?

LOb0
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM
The Lakers are literally turning into the Cavs. Bunch of WTF role players. Lavar says they'll go 86-0

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Bosh trying to make a return by arguing that new medicine has helped his condition. Rob Pelinka was his former agent. I was wondering why he would be interested in the Lakers.

redsox12
07-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Bosh trying to make a return by arguing that new medicine has helped his condition. Rob Pelinka was his former agent. I was wondering why he would be interested in the Lakers.

vet minimum?