FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Wow. Big loss for Rockets IMO.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Damn. Rockets may lose Ariza and Capela

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:46 AM
I just posted this in the free agency thread.

Good move for the Suns, I guess. They are trying to make the playoffs...etc

I don't think they make it in.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Good deal for the suns

redsox12
07-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Dang Ariza means Bridges going to the bench.

SG Booker
PG Jackson
SF Ariza
PF Warren
C Ayton

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 12:55 AM
I love Ariza, and I can't fault him for taking the money. But he was always the expendable one, and I honestly think he's replaceable.

It will be hard to find another guy to defend at his level, but they can absolutely find a guy to hit 3-pointers more consistently who is slight less competent on defense.

I'll miss you, Trevor. I won't miss watching you clank wide open 3-pointers.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 12:57 AM
I love Ariza, and I can't fault him for taking the money. But he was always the expendable one, and I honestly think he's replaceable.

It will be hard to find another guy to defend at his level, but they can absolutely find a guy to hit 3-pointers more consistently who is slight less competent on defense.

I'll miss you, Trevor. I won't miss watching you clank wide open 3-pointers.Agreed, cut your losses. Ariza even misses corner 3PTers on 2K and s--t, lol.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Agreed, cut your losses. Ariza even misses corner 3PTers on 2K and s--t, lol.
Yeah, if Morey can replace him with a Bellinelli or a Wayne Ellington, I'd honestly consider that an improvement in some ways.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 01:14 AM
terrible signing... they could have just picked up Wilson Chandler and a pick... Ariza is a one year rental who is banking on the cap going up big next year.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:19 AM
terrible signing... they could have just picked up Wilson Chandler and a pick... Ariza is a one year rental who is banking on the cap going up big next year.

what do the suns have to lose? it's a low risk move for a player that can fit their system. overpaid yes but no one is going to the suns anyways

Scoots
07-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Yeah, if Morey can replace him with a Bellinelli or a Wayne Ellington, I'd honestly consider that an improvement in some ways.

But if he has to pay them more than that $5M to get them?

Ariza had issues but he was a better player for that team than Belli or Ellington.

Vinylman
what do the suns have to lose? it's a low risk move for a player that can fit their system. overpaid yes but no one is going to the suns anyways

get more assets in a trade and the same production... doesn't have to be with Denver ...there are plenty of other teams with players like Ariza that are looking to unload money

Scoots

Wilson Chandler isn't a FA is he?

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Wilson Chandler isn't a FA is he?

he has been made available in trade talks as a cap dump which would be attached with a pick

Scoots
07-01-2018, 01:38 AM
he has been made available in trade talks as a cap dump which would be attached with a pick

Don't know how that works out for the Rockets. What were the supposed terms?

Kyben36
07-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Terrible move for the Suns. They should have used that 15 mil on Thomas or some other PG. Right now their wing situation

Booker+Bridges+Jackson+Warren+Ariza

Meanwhile their PG is Brandon Knight or a 2nd round rok.

and this notion that Booker can be a PG with his terrible A-T ratio is laughable.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 03:04 AM
It doesn't really matter for the Suns because it's only 1 year. This however badly wounds Houston. Losing a defensive wing that can shoot. That's deadly.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2018, 07:50 AM
IDK why PHX did this. They have Booker, Jackson, Warren, Bridges, Chriss, Bender as a bunch of young guys that need time at the 2-4 spots. Not to mention they already have Dudley for one more year. Just seems like an odd fit for them.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 08:55 AM
IDK why PHX did this. They have Booker, Jackson, Warren, Bridges, Chriss, Bender as a bunch of young guys that need time at the 2-4 spots. Not to mention they already have Dudley for one more year. Just seems like an odd fit for them.

Very much agree.

Unless they intend on doing something really silly and going:
Booker/ IDon'tKnowWhoTheBackupIs
Bridges/ Huh?
Jackson/Warren
Ariza/Chriss
Ayton/Chandler

And basically go with a 4+1 offense and just space with wings around Ayton. No clue who handles the ball in that situation.

Chronz
07-01-2018, 09:13 AM
This is why I felt the best shot the rockets had was year1. Outside of harden n caps all their players should decline next year but to lose ariza entirely, that's tough.

Heediot
07-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Very much agree.

Unless they intend on doing something really silly and going:
Booker/ IDon'tKnowWhoTheBackupIs
Bridges/ Huh?
Jackson/Warren
Ariza/Chriss
Ayton/Chandler

And basically go with a 4+1 offense and just space with wings around Ayton. No clue who handles the ball in that situation.

Brandon Knight and Tyler Ulis are the PGs. I think Knight can be a contributor still, just an overpaid one, but he has a chance to bounce back with all the talent and complementary pieces around him.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Brandon Knight and Tyler Ulis are the PGs. I think Knight can be a contributor still, just an overpaid one, but he has a chance to bounce back with all the talent and complementary pieces around him.

Ulis was cut.

colinskik
07-01-2018, 09:45 AM

Elfrid Payton?

D-Leethal
07-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Take Courtney Lee.

Heediot
07-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Elfrid Payton?

Yeah forgot about him. I think he's a rfa or something. Maybe even ufa if they didn't offer him a qualifying offer.

brandt
07-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Wow. Big loss for Rockets IMO.
Nah, he scored like 12 points in the entire WCF. Time to go.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Yeah forgot about him. I think he's a rfa or something. Maybe even ufa if they didn't offer him a qualifying offer.

No they did not offer him of Alex Len a QO making them both URFA's.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:19 AM
But if he has to pay them more than that $5M to get them?

Ariza had issues but he was a better player for that team than Belli or Ellington.
Well, Bellinelli is off the table, but the deal he signed for was right around the taxpayer MLE, which is what the Rockets can offer. So it's absolutely possible they could add a player of that caliber.

D-Leethal
07-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Suns trying to do some legit positionless basketball or something. Still need ball handlers tho.

Mell413
07-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure if Phoenix ends up making the playoffs. I think there's a good chance he ends up in Houston or another contender by the end of the season.

mightybosstone
07-01-2018, 10:46 AM
I feel like Phoenix isn't close to being done. They've got a lot of guys and not a lot of playing time to go around. There has to be some kind of consolidation trade around the corner for them.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Yeah I agree. Maybe you dont want all 22 year olds in a locker room but you can get vets for cheaper and vets with some vocal leadership. Ariza isn't that guy. I guess it is for a playoff push?

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Well, Bellinelli is off the table, but the deal he signed for was right around the taxpayer MLE, which is what the Rockets can offer. So it's absolutely possible they could add a player of that caliber.

KCP could be an option... unless the Lakers overpay him I don't see anyone offering more than the MLE

warfelg
07-01-2018, 10:52 AM
I feel like Phoenix isn't close to being done. They've got a lot of guys and not a lot of playing time to go around. There has to be some kind of consolidation trade around the corner for them.

Sleeper Kawhi destination?

Offer up Chriss, Jackson, and a slew of picks? Not that I think it's enough to get it done.

Vinylman
07-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Yeah I agree. Maybe you dont want all 22 year olds in a locker room but you can get vets for cheaper and vets with some vocal leadership. Ariza isn't that guy. I guess it is for a playoff push?

are you kidding? from worse in the league to a playoff spot in the west...

as currently constructed Phoenix will be lucky to win 30 games next year

KnicksorBust
07-01-2018, 01:39 PM
null

I agree but then explain the rationale of the Suns.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2018, 01:41 PM
And actually if Ayton is as advertised maybe they could win more games then that. We have seen Shaq and Duncan do some special things year 1.

THE MTL
07-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Huge loss for the Rockets. But what are the Suns trying to accomplish here?

hugepatsfan
07-01-2018, 02:31 PM
I hope the Suns are the team that signs Rozier away from BOS next year if Kyrie stays. I really like the fit for him and the team.

beasted86
07-01-2018, 03:07 PM
I have a feeling Phoenix has zero clue what it takes to build a good team and will follow up this horrible signing by giving Payton a long term contract.

c.c.
07-01-2018, 03:12 PM
I have a feeling Phoenix has zero clue what it takes to build a good team and will follow up this horrible signing by giving Payton a long term contract.

They letting Payton walk

rhino17
07-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Way too much money, you have to let him walk for that. Idk what the hell the suns are thinking with this move, they are so far from even sniffing the playoff, idk why they would bother with a move like this.

Ariza was always the expendable one. He's getting older and was becoming an offensive liability. Looks like the Rockets are trying to bring in Wilson Chandler, that would be a perfect like for like replacement.