PDA

View Full Version : Feel Good story of the day

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 12:35 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/29/allen-crabbe-saves-la-high-school-donation/

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 03:20 AM
it's cool but... he makes $19 million and is overpaid. he knows he got a steal so he can afford to do it

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 03:40 AM
it's cool but... he makes $19 million and is overpaid. he knows he got a steal so he can afford to do it

you know i love you but this logic is stupid. Bill gates has 90 billion dollars as well so he should just throw his money away right? he is overpaid but dude come on

cmellofan15
06-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Crazy to see an outlet like TMZ reporting something positive. Shoutout to Crabbe tho, awesome gesture helping out the students, teachers and community that raised him

Scoots
06-30-2018, 10:33 AM
The majority of professional athletes donate a lot of money and many a lot of their time too. I know of a few 7 digit donations in the last year by NBA players, and it's not about them feeling guilty for being over-paid.

Vinylman
06-30-2018, 12:51 PM
well done!

and since he basically stole that money from the league at least he is putting it to good use

One Nut Kruk
06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
you know i love you but this logic is stupid. Bill gates has 90 billion dollars as well so he should just throw his money away right? he is overpaid but dude come on

Itís not stupid at all. People that make that much money should be doing stuff like this. Quite frankly, I think youíre a huge douche if you donít.

And yes, Gates should throw some of that coin my way.

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 02:31 PM
well done!

and since he basically stole that money from the league at least he is putting it to good use

Yup, basically my point. He's guilty of getting an overpaid deal and knows it. Does anyone think he makes the same donation if he got paid what he's really worth ($8 million range)? I don't think so. Obviously he doesn't have to donate but it's nice to know you've got money to blow when you basically don't deserve it.

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Itís not stupid at all. People that make that much money should be doing stuff like this. Quite frankly, I think youíre a huge douche if you donít.

And yes, Gates should throw some of that coin my way.

You should ask Bezos for that money. Dude is worth $140 billion in assets right now.

mike_noodles
06-30-2018, 05:33 PM
****, that's a nice gesture. Does he have to do it annually? I'm just wondering because it says their funding was pulled, which likely means they need money every year. At least 8 teachers, principal, VP and admin staff, gotta be touching $300k a year.

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Just read another article.. his grandfather founded that school.. So this is a family thing.. which makes me believe that some sort of fraud has been going on. Allen Crabbe donated to keep the school running because the local church stopped funding them due to low enrollment and fiscal quota numbers.. Someone or numerous individuals are pocketing the money and doing a poor job managing the school and likely has been for years. Just my guess but there is always an * these days. Even LeBron James foundation. It's positive for the community but there are so many loopholes where he can actually save more money than if he were to individually pay the taxes and then donate to another charity. These guys aren't stupid.

Chronz
06-30-2018, 07:10 PM

Bill Gates is the anti crabbe

Chronz
06-30-2018, 07:11 PM
Just read another article.. his grandfather founded that school.. So this is a family thing.. which makes me believe that some sort of fraud has been going on. Allen Crabbe donated to keep the school running because the local church stopped funding them due to low enrollment and fiscal quota numbers.. Someone or numerous individuals are pocketing the money and doing a poor job managing the school and likely has been for years. Just my guess but there is always an * these days. Even LeBron James foundation. It's positive for the community but there are so many loopholes where he can actually save more money than if he were to individually pay the taxes and then donate to another charity. These guys aren't stupid.

Stupid? Wong word there, they're evil if it's not charity

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 07:15 PM
Stupid? Wong word there, they're evil if it's not charity

Stupid to whom? It's their money. They have a right to legally make the best decision for themselves financially if they choose to.