PDA

View Full Version : Michael Porter Jr. may not play next season

FlashBolt
06-22-2018, 09:28 PM
I guess the injury is really that serious.

Bostonjorge
06-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Sucks that these level of players get hurt. Harry Giles missed all of last year and now Porter. Hopefully Porter can get back on the court soon. Heís a exciting player to watch.

tp13baby
06-22-2018, 09:44 PM

Completely speculation. Denver already said they are going to move slow with him. They havenít even ruled him out for Summer League.

warfelg
06-22-2018, 09:45 PM
Stay strong Denver. When a guy like that get's healthy it's worth it.

CityofTreez
06-22-2018, 09:57 PM
I figured that with the buildup to draft. I think he aggravated something after 1st pro visit. He checked out, but everything in his camp unraveled afterwards and didnít want to go that route.

Heís 19 and already has a bad back. Kind of tough to sell that

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2018, 10:09 PM
Good. Sit him out, make sure he's healthy then reap the rewards.

FlashBolt
06-23-2018, 01:50 AM
Completely speculation. Denver already said they are going to move slow with him. They havenít even ruled him out for Summer League.

"Will he play next season? If so, when? Will he ever truly be healthy? Nuggets president Josh Kroenke told The Undefeated he was uncertain about whether Porter Jr. would play in summer league or during the 2018-19 season. Before his post-draft news conference, Porter Jr. walked around with a slight limp as he took a congratulatory phone call from Kroenke and head coach Michael Malone."

He may not play but even the thought of it is scary enough.

NYKnickFanatic
06-23-2018, 03:42 AM
No point in rushing him. Look at Philly. It might pay off in the end.

Heediot
06-23-2018, 04:03 AM
Take it slow, but give the guy some burn and experience next year. By year 2 hopefully he can be at full health without the rust and the Nuggets should be close to legit contention if he's as good his potential is. If there is debate about whether he'll play in summer league, I think he should get minutes next year.

Fultz was ineffective in the playoffs because he didn't get any burn. If the Nuggets give Porter that experience, it's better for him come april/may. Tatum and Donovan proved it last year.

IndyRealist
06-23-2018, 09:07 AM
Did anyone expect him to play this year? He has to have another surgery.

tp13baby
06-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Itís not the worst thing for Denver. Get Porter healthy. We have somewhat of a questionable log jam at the wing. Chandler opted in. Barton plays there if needed. But a ton of Nuggets fans want to see what Juancho Hernangomez can do. He had Mono last year so it was a lost year. He is probably our best outside shooter. Vanderbilt can come in and steal minutes. Torrey Craig due to contracts is less likely to be back but who knows. Lydon probably isnít ready to compete for that after his knee procedure.

I do expect Porter to come in next year after Chandler is gone and contribute to a core of Murray Jokic and Harris that will be entering their primes.

Chronz
06-23-2018, 10:20 PM
I see why he compared himself to tmac now

Heediot
06-24-2018, 07:06 PM
If the Nuggets are in good playoff position, let him play the last 20-30 games (knock off some rust and develop chemistry) and experience the playoffs (if they make it). If they are not in a good spot, red-shirt him. Donovan and Tatum proved that rookies could be a big factor in the playoffs. Jaylen to some degree last year too.

ZH721
06-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Surprised the Sixers didnít draft him.

goingfor28
06-24-2018, 09:10 PM
Stay strong Denver. When a guy like that get's healthy it's worth it.Stay strong? He's injured, not dead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gritz
06-24-2018, 09:43 PM

cmellofan15
06-24-2018, 09:52 PM
From the way he was walking at the draft this should come as no surprise to us lmao

Cartopper
06-24-2018, 10:14 PM
After reading an article I believe it would do mpj to sit next year. The article stated he wouldnít be back to 100% until his second nba season. Donít rush it and let him heal. The doctor also stated he had about a 10% chance of reinjury in the next 5-10 years. While that is concerning it could be a lot worse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/6/15/17362958/michael-porter-jr-nba-draft-stock-pick-back-injury-surgery

zn23
06-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Not a big issue. The Nuggets will be a playoff team without him next season. They'll give him all the time he needs to get better. Once he gets better they'll have the best future in the NBA.

Mr.B
07-18-2018, 06:13 PM
https://twitter.com/aschnba/status/1019701751849635840?s=21

I donít care what his camp says. 2 back surgeries within a 1 1/2 isnít good. Latest one to repairs ďdisksĒ (plural). Not good at all.

Scoots
07-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Not a big issue. The Nuggets will be a playoff team without him next season. They'll give him all the time he needs to get better. Once he gets better they'll have the best future in the NBA.

Without Porter the Nuggets got less talented this offseason ... they need to get better from within which is a little optimistic. I hope they do, they are fun to watch, but it's pretty clear they would rather save money than win.

zn23
07-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Without Porter the Nuggets got less talented this offseason ... they need to get better from within which is a little optimistic. I hope they do, they are fun to watch, but it's pretty clear they would rather save money than win.

They're banking on Murray taking the next step and improving. They still have Jokic, Harris and Barton is a good option off the bench, as is Isaiah Thomas. I do think they'll be a 6th seed maybe even a 5th.

Scoots
07-19-2018, 12:57 AM
They're banking on Murray taking the next step and improving. They still have Jokic, Harris and Barton is a good option off the bench, as is Isaiah Thomas. I do think they'll be a 6th seed maybe even a 5th.

I thought Barton was expected to start?

The West is going to be brutal next year with pretty much every team having more talent than they had last year. Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Jazz, Pelicans, Blazers, and Wolves should all be good enough to make the playoffs again, the Lakers are certainly expecting LeBron to get them into the playoffs too, add the Nuggets and that's 10 teams "expecting" to make the playoffs. The Clippers, Mavs, and Griz are "hopeful" to make the playoffs with new talent and health next year.

It's going to be rough.

tp13baby
07-19-2018, 01:06 PM

They lost more talent? Who? Barton replaces Chandler. IT replaces Devin Harris.

Barton>>Chandler
IT>>Devon Harris

Millsap is healthy now. Murrayís progression, Gary Harris progression. I donít get your love for Chandler.

Scoots
07-19-2018, 01:32 PM
They lost more talent? Who? Barton replaces Chandler. IT replaces Devin Harris.

Barton>>Chandler
IT>>Devon Harris

Millsap is healthy now. Murrayís progression, Gary Harris progression. I donít get your love for Chandler.

Barton doesn't replace Chandler, both were on the roster last year. Chandler is now gone. I don't love Chandler, but he's certainly a better NBA player than nothing. I said "they need to get better from within" which was a reference to the "progression" you were talking about.

It's just a little unfortunate that the ownership seems to be prioritizing money over winning. The Nuggets are one of just 3 teams without a g-league team, and appear to be the furthest from getting one going.

MJNetsIsles
07-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the 2019 first round draft pick Nuggets!

Scoots
07-19-2018, 08:59 PM
There are no NBA teams in the middle of the country, maybe the Nuggets can have a G-league team that plays in multiple states and build up some fans in Kansas, the Dakotas, Montana, and Nebraska. Right now those states are annoyingly dominated by the Lakers :)

MannyWood
07-19-2018, 11:04 PM
There are no NBA teams in the middle of the country, maybe the Nuggets can have a G-league team that plays in multiple states and build up some fans in Kansas, the Dakotas, Montana, and Nebraska. Right now those states are annoyingly dominated by the Lakers :)

It's ok for mods to bait a fanbase?

Scoots
07-20-2018, 12:48 AM
It's ok for mods to bait a fanbase?

I was sincere. I think the Nuggets could get some fans by using a g-league team. And I think it's annoying that wherever there isn't a team the Lakers dominate.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 01:01 AM
I was sincere. I think the Nuggets could get some fans by using a g-league team. And I think it's annoying that wherever there isn't a team the Lakers dominate.

I mean Lakers dominate Atlanta also. Do some research or quit baiting

Scoots
07-20-2018, 01:08 AM
I mean Lakers dominate Atlanta also. Do some research or quit baiting

So saying I want a regional team to get more fans is baiting?

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 01:11 AM
So saying I want a regional team to get more fans is baiting?

I don't know. I don't make the rules here. But you have done it in other threads. I pointed another one out.

I don't have.much to do at work tomorrow. Should I go through your post history and point the rest out?

Scoots
07-20-2018, 01:16 AM
I don't know. I don't make the rules here. But you have done it in other threads. I pointed another one out.

I don't have.much to do at work tomorrow. Should I go through your post history and point the rest out?

Please PLEASE do.

MannyWood
07-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Please PLEASE do.

Will do Scooter.

metswon69
07-20-2018, 02:11 AM
Will do Scooter.

You sound like a dupe.

Kyben36
07-20-2018, 02:23 AM

Could not figure that out when 12 teams passed on him. 2 teams twice. Lol

tp13baby
07-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Barton doesn't replace Chandler, both were on the roster last year. Chandler is now gone. I don't love Chandler, but he's certainly a better NBA player than nothing. I said "they need to get better from within" which was a reference to the "progression" you were talking about.

It's just a little unfortunate that the ownership seems to be prioritizing money over winning. The Nuggets are one of just 3 teams without a g-league team, and appear to be the furthest from getting one going.

Barton takes over the starting SF spot. Chandlers numbers up and down were terrible unless he played with Jokic. He used to be a 6 MOTY candidate. He wasnít that. His defense was bad. IT can have a similar year to last year that itself is an upgrade over Chandler. That is how bad he was.

Not sure how a g league team even got brought up in a conversation that has nothing to do with what we are talking about haha

Scoots
07-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Barton takes over the starting SF spot. Chandlers numbers up and down were terrible unless he played with Jokic. He used to be a 6 MOTY candidate. He wasnít that. His defense was bad. IT can have a similar year to last year that itself is an upgrade over Chandler. That is how bad he was.

Not sure how a g league team even got brought up in a conversation that has nothing to do with what we are talking about haha

It's just a shame the Nuggets don't have a g-league team, and it makes me wonder if the team's owners really are that short of cash.

tp13baby
07-21-2018, 10:53 AM
It's just a shame the Nuggets don't have a g-league team, and it makes me wonder if the team's owners really are that short of cash.

They find anyway they can to make an extra dollar. We have buildings that they can use for a g league team. Kroenke finally got an AHL team in Greeley Colorado. He could move a team to 1st Bank Center in Westminster that was home to the Colorado 14ers of the d league and an AHL team too.

They are one of the wealthiest owners with Stan owning some of the biggest teams worldwide. They are married into the Walton family so there should be no issue. I agree.

Scoots
07-21-2018, 12:41 PM
They find anyway they can to make an extra dollar. We have buildings that they can use for a g league team. Kroenke finally got an AHL team in Greeley Colorado. He could move a team to 1st Bank Center in Westminster that was home to the Colorado 14ers of the d league and an AHL team too.

They are one of the wealthiest owners with Stan owning some of the biggest teams worldwide. They are married into the Walton family so there should be no issue. I agree.

Yeah ... maybe they just don't care about basketball.

tp13baby
07-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Yeah ... maybe they just don't care about basketball.

Denver fans have had little luck with the Kroenkes and the Monforts. Pat Bowlen is idolized here because he gave his heart and soul to the game and the city of Denver. Guess the others are okay being average joes

mgjohnson7851
07-22-2018, 04:34 AM
It's just a shame the Nuggets don't have a g-league team, and it makes me wonder if the team's owners really are that short of cash.Kroenke is rich as ****. He's just a franchise collector who is more concerned about owning a professional team in every sport rather than his teams actually being good.

L.A. Rams
Arsenal F.C.
Denver Nuggets
Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rapids
Colorado Mammoth
L.A. Gladiators

Those are all teams he owns. His net worth is North of $8B. As you can see, he owns an NFL team, a Premier League team, an NBA team, an NHL team, an MLS team, a MLL team, and an Overwatch League team (esports).

I wish he would sell the Nuggets and Avs honestly... Looked like he might have to when he bought the Rams because the NFL only lets you own teams of other sports if they're in your market. Unfortunately he found a loophole where he could just put this son in charge of the Nuggets and Avs, and call it good. Surprisingly, Josh Kroenke has been slightly better at running those two teams than Stan ever was.

mgjohnson7851
07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
Anyways for the thread, Chandler was awful. 0 points in 48 minutes in a play in game. Barton starting instead of him is a big bonus. And like tp13 said, Millsap missed most of last season and it took him and Jokic awhile to blend when he came back.

I'm all for redshirting MPJ. Make sure he's 100% healthy before he plays.

nugzfan
07-24-2018, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the 2019 first round draft pick Nuggets!

and thanks for taking on all that salary?

nugzfan
07-24-2018, 12:41 AM
Anyways for the thread, Chandler was awful. 0 points in 48 minutes in a play in game. Barton starting instead of him is a big bonus. And like tp13 said, Millsap missed most of last season and it took him and Jokic awhile to blend when he came back.

I'm all for redshirting MPJ. Make sure he's 100% healthy before he plays.

agreed on pretty much all account. we can afford to be patient with him.