PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard: Tension Between Rockets and Chris Paul

LaVar Ball
06-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Said this this morning on the Undisputed.

Said that previous ownership gave the ‘handshake and wink wink’ to CP for the max when they traded him away from the clippers last summer.

But now with new ownership, they’re cautious of his age and injury history and not sure of giving the max/yrs to CP.

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 12:06 PM
LMAO

Fake news.

Vee-Rex
06-22-2018, 12:09 PM
CP3 for JR Smith and George Hill. Straight up. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

RowBTrice
06-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Said this this morning on the Undisputed.

Said that previous ownership gave the ‘handshake and wink wink’ to CP for the max when they traded him away from the clippers last summer.

But now with new ownership, they’re cautious of his age and injury history and not sure of giving the max/yrs to CP.

Very valid concerns.

LaVar Ball
06-22-2018, 12:12 PM
LMAO

Fake news.
That’s fine and all,

But with or without him, you’re still not beating Golden State with a healthy Iggy.

The fact that that series went 7 and you guys were up to 3-2 to begin with was a fluke. Iggy is that important to the warriors. CP is important too, don’t get me wrong, but doesn’t put the Rockets over the top.

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 12:14 PM
That’s fine and all,

But with or without him, you’re still not beating Golden State with a healthy Iggy.

The fact that that series went 7 and you guys were up to 3-2 to begin with was a fluke. Iggy is that important to the warriors. CP is important too, don’t get me wrong, but doesn’t put the Rockets over the top.

Did your second son get drafted?

Did he get invited to summer league?

:D

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 12:14 PM
CP3 for JR Smith and George Hill. Straight up. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

You'll grow to like Eric Gordon. He's a solid dude. ;)

LaVar Ball
06-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Did your second son get drafted?

Did he get invited to summer league?

:D

Yeah heard Morey is gonna sign him to replace CP when he bolts for LA to play with mah other boy Zo

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Yeah heard Morey is gonna sign him to replace CP when he bolts for LA to play with mah other boy Zo

cp3
pg13
LeBron
kawhi
Michael Jordan
kobe's corpse
kareem dancing with the stars
and magic's son EJ.

Lakers getting EVERYONE!

Hawkeye15
06-22-2018, 12:30 PM
why would they give CP3 the max? If they do, it better have an out for the team after a couple of seasons. He can't seem to stay healthy, and he is already 33.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-22-2018, 12:39 PM
I give him no more than a 1 or 2 year max if I'm Houston. His window is closing fast if not already closed.

TakeYourL
06-22-2018, 01:47 PM
He was stupid to believe he was going to get a max in the first place. He can probably make bank just signing 1 year deals with contenders for the next 3 years,

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I already take everything Broussard says with a grain of salt, so this doesn't really surprise me. I don't take too much stake in his "sources" anymore.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some validity to this. Fertitta is a new owner who took over the team after the CP3 deal was made last summer. He probably wasn't a part of the deal Morey and Paul made last offseason, and seeing how Paul missed so much time this year and got hurt in the middle of a critical series against the Warriors, I can see why he might be hesitant to give CP3 a long-term deal.

I'm still not remotely concerned, though. Morey, Fertitta and Paul will work it out. He's not going anywhere...

Vee-Rex
06-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I already take everything Broussard says with a grain of salt, so this doesn't really surprise me. I don't take too much stake in his "sources" anymore.

https://i.imgflip.com/2cplvz.jpg

Bostonjorge
06-22-2018, 02:38 PM
No one is going to this team for sure now. Just wait for reports that they don’t want to pay Ariza either.

Scoots
06-22-2018, 02:38 PM
IF the Rockets had a deal with CP3 and they don't honor it it could be a problem for them in getting other FAs.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 02:42 PM
No one is going to this team for sure now. Just wait for reports that they don’t want to pay Ariza either.

:laugh: One rumor from Broussard and now all of a sudden nobody wants to play for the Rockets? Overreact much?

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 02:45 PM
IF the Rockets had a deal with CP3 and they don't honor it it could be a problem for them in getting other FAs.

If I were in the desert without an umbrella, it could be a problem if it rained.

Chronz
06-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Last year's iteration was the best shot at beating gs for the reasons I cited in the playoffs, just about everyone on their team is declining and even then it was a series mired by injuries both ways. Cp3 should've known the risks, and maybe he did, he just took a flier on the rockets. Now he's joining bron, the true mvp, wherever he goes. Book it.

Chronz
06-22-2018, 02:53 PM

That's what I heard when they kept saying guys don't like signing and getting traded so quickly but those same players kept going back. Money talks more than promises. Cp3 was either idiotic or well aware. Either way he can't say **** and nobody else cares.

Kd is a tranny

Chronz
06-22-2018, 02:54 PM
If I were in the desert without an umbrella, it could be a problem if it rained.

Lmao, win

FlashBolt
06-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Chris Paul is not worth the max.. Houston will regret this. The best ability is availability and CP3 gets injured every other playoffs.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2018, 04:31 PM

There already was a article out saying Ariza wants 4 or 5 years and $50M to $60M total.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/sources-trevor-ariza-seeking-50-60-million-in-free-agency/

There was a few other similar articles saying same price.

WaDe03
06-22-2018, 04:48 PM
CP3
PG
Kawhi
LeBron
Lopez

MJNetsIsles
06-22-2018, 04:56 PM
CP3
PG
Kawhi
LeBron
Lopez

Loses in 7 to GS

KG2TB
06-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Loses in 7 to GS

Lol no way.

That teams beats GS in 5 or 6

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 05:17 PM
CP3
PG
Kawhi
LeBron
Lopez

That team has zero chance of becoming a reality. Between just Paul, George, Leonard and James, that's a minimum of $120 million a year, with a figure probably closer to $140 million. Even if they could somehow swing a trade for Kawhi, how are they going to make cap space to sign the other three?

It's not even a pipe dream. It's a statistical impossibility.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Last year's iteration was the best shot at beating gs for the reasons I cited in the playoffs, just about everyone on their team is declining and even then it was a series mired by injuries both ways. Cp3 should've known the risks, and maybe he did, he just took a flier on the rockets. Now he's joining bron, the true mvp, wherever he goes. Book it.

Paul is not leaving Houston. Book it. :shrug:

Heediot
06-22-2018, 05:33 PM
That’s fine and all,

Damn, Iggy is pretty old and declining. It appears people still talk about his absence like he is in his prime or even the same Iggy when he won FMVP.

Htownballa1622
06-22-2018, 05:43 PM

Why not have both ;)

Heediot
06-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Cp3's game ages well. He relies on his brain/mind and skill over athleticism. After the killer kneew injury in NO, the guy has been playing like a top 5-10 player without having to rely on his quickness/burst and more-so on his ability to beat you bu thinking a few steps ahead and being crafty. I think he would of won an MVP or 2, if he didn't catch that injury FWIW.

tucksoe
06-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Cp3's game ages well. He relies on his brain/mind and skill over athleticism. After the killer kneew injury in NO, the guy has been playing like a top 5-10 player without having to rely on his quickness/burst and more-so on his ability to beat you bu thinking a few steps ahead and being crafty. I think he would of won an MVP or 2, if he didn't catch that injury FWIW.
The problem is he's an injury waiting to happen

More-Than-Most
06-22-2018, 06:33 PM

I dont disagree and am his biggest supporter but he gets injured every year it seems. Nobody should give a max to a 33 year old player who cant stay healthy. If he was 5 years younger then sure but 33 and cant stay healthy.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2018, 06:34 PM
i honestly feel bad for any team that gives this dude a max or anywhere near. I wouldnt give him more than 2 years.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 06:41 PM
i honestly feel bad for any team that gives this dude a max or anywhere near. I wouldnt give him more than 2 years.

Why? Even in a season in which the guy missed 24 games and got hurt in the conference finals, we saw how valuable he can be to a franchise. The Rockets won 10 more games, posted their best record in franchise history and got further in the postseason than they have in more than two decades.

Say what you will about CP3, but I'd rather have 50-55 games of Chris Paul at max contract value than 82 games of probably every other player in the league with the exception of probably 10-15 guys. Even if he keeps getting these nagging little injuries, he's unquestionably worth a max deal. And his game isn't so dependent on athleticism that he couldn't still be an effective, valuable asset in four years.

If the Rockets max CP3 and win a title in his time in Houston, I can assure you I'll make a plate of crow for all you CP3 haters to eat. I hope you guys enjoy feathers and beak.

LOb0
06-22-2018, 06:41 PM

I'd do 3 as a meet in the middle thing.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Why? Even in a season in which the guy missed 24 games and got hurt in the conference finals, we saw how valuable he can be to a franchise. The Rockets won 10 more games, posted their best record in franchise history and got further in the postseason than they have in more than two decades.

Say what you will about CP3, but I'd rather have 50-55 games of Chris Paul at max contract value than 82 games of probably every other player in the league with the exception of probably 10-15 guys. Even if he keeps getting these nagging little injuries, he's unquestionably worth a max deal. And his game isn't so dependent on athleticism that he couldn't still be an effective, valuable asset in four years.

If the Rockets max CP3 and win a title in his time in Houston, I can assure you I'll make a plate of crow for all you CP3 haters to eat. I hope you guys enjoy feathers and beak.

He is 33 now and couldnt stay healthy before coming off of yet another injury... Its not worth the risk/reward In my opinion.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Also, one more point I'd like to emphasize on the "maxing CP3 is stupid" front...

But if you could guarantee your team would win one championship in the next few years, but that they'd have to sign one bad 4-year contract that would be horrible two years from now, would you want them to do it? Of course you would. The ultimate name of the game isn't "let's try to be really good for as long as possible." It's "maximize your chances at winning a championship."

I'd rather have one title and 10 years of mediocrity than 11 years of being really, really good. I don't care if Chris Paul is wearing a suit on the bench making $80 million the last two years of a 4-year deal. If he brings a title to Houston, it will be worth it. He'll be a legend in Houston, Morey will be seen as a genius and no one will give a damn 30 years from now that the Rockets had to overpay Paul for two years to win that title.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 06:52 PM
He is 33 now and couldnt stay healthy before coming off of yet another injury... Its not worth the risk/reward In my opinion.

It's easy to say that when your team didn't come one game away from winning an NBA championship. When you get that close to greatness, you don't look at your roster and go "Meh... we had a good run. Let's regroup now." Hell no. You either improve, or you roll it back and try again.

You never know when you're going to get that close again in professional sports. If they let Paul walk, what are they going to do in the short term to get to that same level again? If they can't replace him, how long until they get back to that point? It might only be a year. But it could be 10. Hell, it could be 50.

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Here's what a full max contract for Chris Paul would look like:

2018-19: $35.4 million
2019-20: $38.2 million
2020-21: $41.0 million
2021-22: $43.8 million
2022-23: $46.7 million

Sum total of $205 million over five seasons.

Chris Paul will be 37 years old in 2022

LOb0
06-22-2018, 08:12 PM
It's easy to say that when your team didn't come one game away from winning an NBA championship. When you get that close to greatness, you don't look at your roster and go "Meh... we had a good run. Let's regroup now." Hell no. You either improve, or you roll it back and try again.

You never know when you're going to get that close again in professional sports. If they let Paul walk, what are they going to do in the short term to get to that same level again? If they can't replace him, how long until they get back to that point? It might only be a year. But it could be 10. Hell, it could be 50.

And if CP3 declines it will you'll be in that position anyway with a huge contract that will set you back 5 more years.

mightybosstone
06-22-2018, 08:54 PM
And if CP3 declines it will you'll be in that position anyway with a huge contract that will set you back 5 more years.
So what? Any player could decline at any given point. Lebron is the same age as Paul and has played far more basketball, but no one is suggesting that Lebron is going to suddenly drop off next season. There was literally zero indication this season that Paul was declining.

FlashBolt
06-22-2018, 09:16 PM
So what? Any player could decline at any given point. Lebron is the same age as Paul and has played far more basketball, but no one is suggesting that Lebron is going to suddenly drop off next season. There was literally zero indication this season that Paul was declining.

Are you seriously comparing Chris Paul to LeBron? You know, the same LeBron who is still the best player in the game and has had zero major injuries in his career? Same LeBron who has never missed a playoff game due to an injury? This is just a poor reason to defend Chris Paul. He's injury prone and that injury may have cost you guys a championship.

IKnowHoops
06-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Are you seriously comparing Chris Paul to LeBron? You know, the same LeBron who is still the best player in the game and has had zero major injuries in his career? Same LeBron who has never missed a playoff game due to an injury? This is just a poor reason to defend Chris Paul. He's injury prone and that injury may have cost you guys a championship.

Co-sign

2 different species

Texan_Rocket
06-22-2018, 10:44 PM
When I’ll or people earn that Chris Broussard is always just throwing stories out there lol with him saying that I bet the deal between houston and CP3 is basically done. Paul has been quoted multiple times stating that he is staying in Houston, all these reporters are just trying to find ways to scare lebron away from Houston. Why can’t people see that?

LA_Raiders
06-22-2018, 11:20 PM
He deserves a max contract; he is the reason the Sockets played so well. We all know what happened without him.

LOb0
06-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Co-sign

2 different species

Double Co-Sign.

No one should be quick to max a 33 year old PG with a injury history. Comparing him to one of the most durable players in NBA history is laughable.

eternalslumber
06-23-2018, 09:48 AM
A few days ago Woj reported that CP3 is more concern in recruiting LeBron to Houston rather than his own free agency and told that CP3 is locked to sign with Houston.

So who will you trust, Woj or Broussard?

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:38 AM
why would they give CP3 the max? If they do, it better have an out for the team after a couple of seasons. He can't seem to stay healthy, and he is already 33.

it is why I have been laughing at people when it comes to Houston... they have/had like a 1-2 year window with the current group... As a Laker fan I wouldn't sign him to a 1 year max deal... he is that unreliable come playoff time.

I pray to god that Houston blinks and signs him to the max so the Lakers don't do something stupid.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:40 AM

actually it could be a bigger problem than that... since it is illegal to make promises on future contracts to induce him into opting in to make that trade last summer.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:44 AM
That team has zero chance of becoming a reality. Between just Paul, George, Leonard and James, that's a minimum of $120 million a year, with a figure probably closer to $140 million. Even if they could somehow swing a trade for Kawhi, how are they going to make cap space to sign the other three?

It's not even a pipe dream. It's a statistical impossibility.

they are all gonna play for the min... you think that starting line up is something you should see the second team

Durant
Cousins
Reddick
Bradley
Parker

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:45 AM

phew... thanks... I was getting a little worried that the Lakers would be the dumbasses signing him to a big deal

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:52 AM

generally this is a good idea but not with an unhealthy guy... no injuries to CP3 and I would give him a 5 year deal knowing he probably is not even playing the last 2 years. Unfortunately, he is continually injured in the playoffs and this contract could be a 5 year problem...

then what?

THE MTL
06-23-2018, 11:56 AM
I think at this stage of his career. Chris Paul should be taking less money to afford his team the flexibility. I still think the Rockets are a major player away from really beating the Warriors.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't want his *** on the Lakers. Just sign LeBron and PG. Then spend the next year trying to dump Deng so the Lakers have the cap to sign Kawhi next off-season. Then Lakers don't have to get rid of any of their young guys outside of whatever it takes to dump one year of Deng.

LakersEaglesLA
06-23-2018, 12:43 PM
^^^^^^ That Part!

Htownballa1622
06-23-2018, 02:06 PM
phew... thanks... I was getting a little worried that the Lakers would be the dumbasses signing him to a big deal

No need to worry. He wasn't considering yall any way; )

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 02:23 PM
No need to worry. He wasn't considering yall any way; )

great news if right...

Scoots
06-23-2018, 02:37 PM
If the Lakers max CP3 and LeBron they will regret it in a few years. I hope they do it.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 02:47 PM
If the Lakers max CP3 and LeBron they will regret it in a few years. I hope they do it.

I doubt LBJ signs anything other than a 1+1 this summer

CP3 max would be regrettable … but I don't see it happening for two reasons

1. he is gonna re-sign in Houston
2. If Lebron does the above he would expect the same from CP3

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2018, 08:17 AM
I could see Lakers maxing CP3 and he drops off fast.

GoferKing_
06-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Chris Paul, a player that I love and hate at the same time. Personally I would not max him because of his age and injury list.

mightybosstone
06-24-2018, 09:22 AM
No. They were the dumbasses who did it with Deng and Mozgov. I'd MUCH rather be the "dumbass" team that signs a veteran top 25 all-time player to a max deal by comparison to those garbage contracts.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:35 AM
No. They were the dumbasses who did it with Deng and Mozgov. I'd MUCH rather be the "dumbass" team that signs a veteran top 25 all-time player to a max deal by comparison to those garbage contracts.

those dumbasses are gone and I don't think you understand the CBA... those weren't close to max deals … but hey whatever makes you sleep better at night...

good luck this offseason and next year...

warfelg
06-24-2018, 09:41 AM
those dumbasses are gone and I don't think you understand the CBA... those weren't close to max deals … but hey whatever makes you sleep better at night...

That’s not what he’s saying...

mightybosstone
06-24-2018, 09:43 AM

I do understand the CBA and am fully aware they weren't max deals. My point stands. They incompetently signed two role players to horrible, nearly $20 million deals. For nearly the same money, I (and pretty much any informed NBA fan) would rather have Chris Paul.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:44 AM
That’s not what he’s saying...

I know what he is trying to say but it is just not comparable

signing a 4 year 72 million deal (deng) or a 4/64 Mozgov is a lot different than a 5/205

Try not to focus on the last post of a series of posts... I will be glad when CP3 is locked up on a 5 year deal in Houston...

it appears he also will be.

good luck to Houston

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:47 AM
I do understand the CBA and am fully aware they weren't max deals. My point stands. They incompetently signed two role players to horrible, nearly $20 million deals. For nearly the same money, I (and pretty much any informed NBA fan) would rather have Chris Paul.

except you are ignoring the obvious …. the two idiots that did that were on notice that if they didn't make the playoffs that they would be fired... guess what … they were fired and they no longer run the organization

the new FO won't do a deal like that...

Like I said good luck next year... hope you guys max him out...

seems like we are in agreement with what you think is a good decision...

Rocket fans are uber sensitive... it is really funny

warfelg
06-24-2018, 09:50 AM
I know what he is trying to say but it is just not comparable

signing a 4 year 72 million deal (deng) or a 4/64 Mozgov is a lot different than a 5/205

Try not to focus on the last post of a series of posts... I will be glad when CP3 is locked up on a 5 year deal in Houston...

it appears he also will be.

good luck to Houston

I rather have CP3 on that deal than the Mozgov or Deng deals :shrug:

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:56 AM
I rather have CP3 on that deal than the Mozgov or Deng deals :shrug:

sigh...

where did I say I would rather have those deals?

Its good man... you jumped in late on a conversation and have taken it in a different direction....

interesting story... dumbass deals aren't an either/or proposition … I know that can be hard to understand on an internet sports forum sometimes. stupidity is not mutually exclusive as is demonstrated in this thread

You know you are losing an argument when your retort is "whataboutisms"

Scoots
06-24-2018, 11:10 AM
We are not "experts" we are "fans" but all but the most devout Lakers fans thought those deals were god awful from day 1. It's truly amazing that here we are years later still talking about how bad those deals are.

warfelg
06-24-2018, 11:16 AM
We are not "experts" we are "fans" but all but the most devout Lakers fans thought those deals were god awful from day 1. It's truly amazing that here we are years later still talking about how bad those deals are.

Pretty much. Edit: I remember being told too that though they were an overpay, they would work out because they would make the playoffs.

warfelg
06-24-2018, 11:18 AM
sigh...

where did I say I would rather have those deals?

Its good man... you jumped in late on a conversation and have taken it in a different direction....

interesting story... dumbass deals aren't an either/or proposition … I know that can be hard to understand on an internet sports forum sometimes. stupidity is not mutually exclusive as is demonstrated in this thread

You know you are losing an argument when your retort is "whataboutisms"

You said the contracts were a lot different. I agree with that and add that the CP3 contract is the one I rather have. I fail to see how I’m taking the conversation in another direction.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:24 PM

yep... I was the first in the Laker forum to call those deals stupid... you have to remember who was running the Lakers at the time and what their motivation was. And while those deals were bad they were basically market deals at the time... there are around 10-15 other crap deals like that signed that same summer

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:27 PM
You said the contracts were a lot different. I agree with that and add that the CP3 contract is the one I rather have. I fail to see how I’m taking the conversation in another direction.

its awesome dude... you proposed a false choice that no one was contemplating...

last time I checked this wasn't a thread about moz and deng… that was simply a deflection by a rockets fan who can't understand that signing CP3 to a max deal is extremely risky.

He tried to rationalize his position by creating a strawman about Lakers signings...

its all good though... whatever makes you guys feel better

I am all for the Rockets signing CP3 to a max deal this summer

Scoots
06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
yep... I was the first in the Laker forum to call those deals stupid... you have to remember who was running the Lakers at the time and what their motivation was. And while those deals were bad they were basically market deals at the time... there are around 10-15 other crap deals like that signed that same summer

Those were not market deals for those players. Those were market deals for a top backup SF and C. At $5M single year deals they would have been bad deals.

warfelg
06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
its awesome dude... you proposed a false choice that no one was contemplating...

last time I checked this wasn't a thread about moz and deng… that was simply a deflection by a rockets fan who can't understand that signing CP3 to a max deal is extremely risky.

He tried to rationalize his position by creating a strawman about Lakers signings...

its all good though... whatever makes you guys feel better

I am all for the Rockets signing CP3 to a max deal this summer

Why are you so angry? Can't take someone making a statement?

Signing any NBA player to a max contract is a risky proposition. Yes signing CP3 to one is a big risk, but it's a bigger risk not to and lose him to another team.

Joemoes
06-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Those were not market deals for those players. Those were market deals for a top backup SF and C. At $5M single year deals they would have been bad deals.
That year it was market deals. Delledova got 10 million a year and Austin Rivers as well.

Joemoes
06-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Also to add when the Lakers signed Mozgov and Deng they were still trying to compete and had Kobe right ?

warfelg
06-24-2018, 02:59 PM
That year it was market deals. Delledova got 10 million a year and Austin Rivers as well.

Well Austin Rivers got his thanks to Nepotism. Evan Turner and Allan Crabbe got their huge deals that year.

warfelg
06-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Also to add when the Lakers signed Mozgov and Deng they were still trying to compete and had Kobe right ?

That was the summer Kobe retired. They never played on the same team.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 03:01 PM

really … noah, mahimi, biyombo, Mozgov

deng there is a better argument in terms of his "value" but not the position I am to lazy to look them all up but guys like Demarre, Bazemore, parsons, turner etc...

The top players got a lot more Batum, Horford , etc...

There were over 40 deals signed in that offseason that had AAV's of $15 million

I am not here to defend those deals though...

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Why are you so angry? Can't take someone making a statement?

Signing any NBA player to a max contract is a risky proposition. Yes signing CP3 to one is a big risk, but it's a bigger risk not to and lose him to another team.

I already said what I thought about Houston signing CP3 two pages back... educate yourself

If you do you would realize there is nothing to discuss...

go rockets!!!!!

Scoots
06-24-2018, 04:06 PM

My point was not that nobody was getting that money, but that from day 1 those were bad deals for THOSE PLAYERS. Both of them clearly had no future, no upside, and the Lakers could have found a better use for the money and AT LEAST signed them to shorter deals.

Scoots
06-24-2018, 04:08 PM
really … noah, mahimi, biyombo, Mozgov

deng there is a better argument in terms of his "value" but not the position I am to lazy to look them all up but guys like Demarre, Bazemore, parsons, turner etc...

The top players got a lot more Batum, Horford , etc...

There were over 40 deals signed in that offseason that had AAV's of $15 million

I am not here to defend those deals though...

Using bad deals to defend bad deals doesn't make them NOT bad deals. The majority of people I talked to right after they signed them said the Lakers were never going to get CLOSE to value for their money on those deals. They were bad contracts then and they still are now.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 04:49 PM
My point was not that nobody was getting that money, but that from day 1 those were bad deals for THOSE PLAYERS. Both of them clearly had no future, no upside, and the Lakers could have found a better use for the money and AT LEAST signed them to shorter deals.

again this is all off topic but I never said they were anything but horrible deals... there were a lot of horrible deals...

if people want to argue shades of horrible have at it... this has nothing to do with CP3 and the thread really is getting off topic... a rocket fan got this off topic by trying a whataboutism…

no one cares about moz and deng … lets talk CP3

I hope the rockets max him

go rockets!!!!!

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Using bad deals to defend bad deals doesn't make them NOT bad deals. The majority of people I talked to right after they signed them said the Lakers were never going to get CLOSE to value for their money on those deals. They were bad contracts then and they still are now.

sigh… you might want to review the sequence of events in here...

again … this is a CP3 thread... a rocket fan brought up the Moz and Deng deals to defend signing CP3 to a 5 year max… no one else... no one has said that the moz and deng deals weren't horrible... you guys are trying to argue something no one cares about...

a lot of bad deals were signed in the summer of 2016 … who cares... it has nothing to do with CP3

Now back on topic

go rockets … max CP3 out … it will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhino17
06-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Why is this a thread? Sauces' report has already been debunked

goingfor28
06-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Chris Broussard lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scoots
06-24-2018, 05:53 PM
sigh… you might want to review the sequence of events in here...

again … this is a CP3 thread... a rocket fan brought up the Moz and Deng deals to defend signing CP3 to a 5 year max… no one else... no one has said that the moz and deng deals weren't horrible... you guys are trying to argue something no one cares about...

a lot of bad deals were signed in the summer of 2016 … who cares... it has nothing to do with CP3

Now back on topic

go rockets … max CP3 out … it will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the one arguing.

mightybosstone
06-24-2018, 08:00 PM
except you are ignoring the obvious …. the two idiots that did that were on notice that if they didn't make the playoffs that they would be fired... guess what … they were fired and they no longer run the organization

the new FO won't do a deal like that...

Like I said good luck next year... hope you guys max him out...

seems like we are in agreement with what you think is a good decision...

Rocket fans are uber sensitive... it is really funny
We're really not. I just completely disagree with your take; that hardly constitutes being "overly sensitive." And given that you root for a franchise that just got done making horrible deals not that long ago (whether it's the current front office or not), I felt like it was worth pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement.

I also hope the Rockets give Paul a handsome pay day. That's what you do for your superstar players: you pay them. If you guys get lucky enough to sign any this season, I assure you that you'll feel the same way.

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 07:58 AM
We're really not. I just completely disagree with your take; that hardly constitutes being "overly sensitive." And given that you root for a franchise that just got done making horrible deals not that long ago (whether it's the current front office or not), I felt like it was worth pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement.

I also hope the Rockets give Paul a handsome pay day. That's what you do for your superstar players: you pay them. If you guys get lucky enough to sign any this season, I assure you that you'll feel the same way.

Here is a link for you … you might want to understand what the word means before you use it

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

mightybosstone
06-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Here is a link for you … you might want to understand what the word means before you use it

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

:laugh: What a clown. The "I Googled the word to find the dictionary definition" take is the desperate sign of someone who has no clue how to win an argument.

I'm well aware of the word's meaning, chief. I edit for a living. But I'll let you save face on this one. Why don't we both just walk away and admit we agree to disagree? And when the Rockets keep Paul, win 60+ games again and make another deep postseason run, we can revisit this debate a year from now.

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 08:35 AM
:laugh: What a clown. The "I Googled the word to find the dictionary definition" take is the desperate sign of someone who has no clue how to win an argument.

I'm well aware of the word's meaning, chief. I edit for a living. But I'll let you save face on this one. Why don't we both just walk away and admit we agree to disagree? And when the Rockets keep Paul, win 60+ games again and make another deep postseason run, we can revisit this debate a year from now.

wow... last time I checked I never said any of the above wouldn't happen... I also never said the Lakers deals weren't horrible...

You are a typical PSD poster with your strawmans and spinning...

I feel bad for your employer … because if you think hypocrisy is an applicable term you should probably lose your job...

Hope you guys sign him to a 5 year max...

Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mightybosstone
06-25-2018, 08:45 AM
wow... last time I checked I never said any of the above wouldn't happen... I also never said the Lakers deals weren't horrible...

You are a typical PSD poster with your strawmans and spinning...

I feel bad for your employer … because if you think hypocrisy is an applicable term you should probably lose your job...

Hope you guys sign him to a 5 year max...

Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not going to go into this with you. If you don't know how what you said could be deemed hypocritical based on the last two years of your franchise's offseason mistakes, then you're just being intentionally dense. I've explained it already, and I'm not going to do the thing where I repeat myself 14 times in an attempt to "win" an argument on the internet.

Go ahead and get the last word in, though. This is clearly very important to you.

mightybosstone
06-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Back on topic, but Sam Amick had a report in the last few days that basically completely refuted Broussard's take that there's any tension between the two sides. I'm on my phone or else I'd link to the article, but I tend to trust him before I'd trust Broussard.

Htownballa1622
06-26-2018, 08:41 AM

warfelg
06-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Back on topic, but Sam Amick had a report in the last few days that basically completely refuted Broussard's take that there's any tension between the two sides. I'm on my phone or else I'd link to the article, but I tend to trust him before I'd trust Broussard.

Broussard reminds me of Incarcerated Bob and Ian Rappaport. Throw out 100 “rumors” and when one is right they beat their chest about having insider information.

That being said, I can see where the “tension” might have been the new owner and CP3 sitting down not knowing each other and the new owner saying something like “we’ll see” on the max extension.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2018, 03:25 PM

The biggest reason I balk at taking the Rox seriously, is there 2 stars just have bad luck lets call it. At some point or another, one or both pulls a terrible timed no show, or gets hurt, at the exact worst time possible. Its amazing actually.

Morey is all about risk/reward, and knows when to get rid of a player at the right time. It will be interesting what he does. I would not blame him for maxing out Paul, this is by far Houston's best shot at a title, I just don't have the confidence in Harden/Paul. But, it only takes 1 year to buck the trend, ya know?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2018, 05:22 PM
The biggest reason I balk at taking the Rox seriously, is there 2 stars just have bad luck lets call it. At some point or another, one or both pulls a terrible timed no show, or gets hurt, at the exact worst time possible. Its amazing actually.

Morey is all about risk/reward, and knows when to get rid of a player at the right time. It will be interesting what he does. I would not blame him for maxing out Paul, this is by far Houston's best shot at a title, I just don't have the confidence in Harden/Paul. But, it only takes 1 year to buck the trend, ya know?

Maxing CP3 could end up looking like a bad situation like Baron Davis last days.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Maxing CP3 could end up looking like a bad situation like Baron Davis last days.

Baron was picky and choosy when he decided to play. Paul's intent/results have never wavered, he has just had some oddball bad games or even decisions at times, and just seems to get hurt at the WORST possible time. Harden same deal, he will pull a dud out of nowhere at the worst possible time. Again, they could simply not do any of the above and buck the trend, I just have my reservations is all. They may have missed their best chance to unseat GS this year.

mightybosstone
06-26-2018, 05:41 PM

I don't understand this take. How can you NOT take the Rockets seriously at this point? They had the best record in the entire NBA. They just came one CP3 injury or one half of good basketball away from probably winning the championship. They won as many games in one series (three) as the seven other teams won against them combined in the last two postseasons.

Seriously, if you can't take the Rockets seriously, who in the hell CAN you take seriously in the NBA? I guess it's just the Warriors for you, and every other team is a joke?

As for Harden and Paul, what else do they have to do to garner your respect? Harden wins the MVP, Paul owns the Warriors in the second half of multiple games in the playoffs and they get this close to beating the Warriors. I mean... What else could they have done? If you can't respect Harden and Paul or have any confidence in them, who in the hell can you have confidence in outside of the Warriors?

Vee-Rex
06-26-2018, 05:58 PM
I don't understand this take. How can you NOT take the Rockets seriously at this point? They had the best record in the entire NBA. They just came one CP3 injury or one half of good basketball away from probably winning the championship. They won as many games in one series (three) as the seven other teams won against them combined in the last two postseasons.

Seriously, if you can't take the Rockets seriously, who in the hell CAN you take seriously in the NBA? I guess it's just the Warriors for you, and every other team is a joke?

As for Harden and Paul, what else do they have to do to garner your respect? Harden wins the MVP, Paul owns the Warriors in the second half of multiple games in the playoffs and they get this close to beating the Warriors. I mean... What else could they have done? If you can't respect Harden and Paul or have any confidence in them, who in the hell can you have confidence in outside of the Warriors?

I agree with this completely.

It seems that when Paul or Harden has a bad shooting night, the other does just enough to cover and keep the team in the game. Before CP3 joined, the weight of the entire team was on Harden's shoulders and if he couldn't find his shot, it was usually bad.

And even when one or the other isn't shooting well, they are ELITE playmakers which keeps the defense honest and focused. Even if Harden is 2/10 from the arc, you cannot leave him open, and he can easily set up a nice pass to a teammate. Both Harden and CP3 have this ability and it translates to success.

Hopefully Houston pays CP3 so that they'll remain a title contender.

IKnowHoops
06-27-2018, 01:17 AM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...No

Hawkeye15
06-27-2018, 09:29 AM

then they need to win. I always have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that one or both of them will either lay a dud or get hurt at the worst time possible. They had GS on the ropes man. They still lost.

Vinylman
06-27-2018, 11:49 AM
This thread is so hilarious because Houston fans are so sensitive...

I don't see anyone in this thread saying that Houston doesn't have the talent to beat GS... they clearly do and did...

the issue is simple... CP3 for one reason or another (mostly injuries) is not someone most teams would want to stake their entire fortunes on …. and that is exactly what Houston will be doing if they sign him to a 5 year deal because when you combine his and Hardens deal it will be taking up around 70% of the cap which leaves them no options because they don't have any young players other than Capella who are developing...

Once you sign CP3 and Capella to massive deals what other levers can you pull to improve the team? None.

Houston doesn't have a choice but to sign CP3... that doesn't make it a good choice...

I think if Houston can somehow keep the same roster as last year that they will be a threat to GS... I think it will be hard to keep that team together and I also think it will be hard for them to stay healthy (CP3 isn't the only injury prone guy). The difference this year for the franchise is the financial commitments … they will be huge … CP3, Ariza, Capella

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 12:43 PM
then they need to win. I always have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that one or both of them will either lay a dud or get hurt at the worst time possible. They had GS on the ropes man. They still lost.

Yeah, but so did literally everyone else in the playoffs. I just don't know how you can respect that Rockets team when they came closer than anyone else and probably would have won that series if not for the Paul hamstring injury in Game 5.

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but so did literally everyone else in the playoffs. I just don't know how you can respect that Rockets team when they came closer than anyone else and probably would have won that series if not for the Paul hamstring injury in Game 5.

That's exactly why Hawk said he doesn't take them serious. You're arguing with yourself, again.

Vinylman
06-27-2018, 12:55 PM
That's exactly why Hawk said he doesn't take them serious. You're arguing with yourself, again.

he is just looking for a fight … we all get it … they have to sign him because it is their "best" option albeit a tough one.

As a Laker fan I am just glad he isn't going to be a plan B option as I would just rather punt than try and cobble something together that won't beat the Warriors

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 01:00 PM
This thread is so hilarious because Houston fans are so sensitive...

I don't see anyone in this thread saying that Houston doesn't have the talent to beat GS... they clearly do and did...

the issue is simple... CP3 for one reason or another (mostly injuries) is not someone most teams would want to stake their entire fortunes on …. and that is exactly what Houston will be doing if they sign him to a 5 year deal because when you combine his and Hardens deal it will be taking up around 70% of the cap which leaves them no options because they don't have any young players other than Capella who are developing...

Once you sign CP3 and Capella to massive deals what other levers can you pull to improve the team? None.

Houston doesn't have a choice but to sign CP3... that doesn't make it a good choice...

I think if Houston can somehow keep the same roster as last year that they will be a threat to GS... I think it will be hard to keep that team together and I also think it will be hard for them to stay healthy (CP3 isn't the only injury prone guy). The difference this year for the franchise is the financial commitments … they will be huge … CP3, Ariza, Capella

Who are you even talking to? You don't appear to be addressing any one person or group of people. This just seems like a random post replying to nobody based on comments nobody seems to have made in days.

As for your point on improving, it's a fair one. But I don't know that the Rockets have to really "improve" that much to beat Golden State in terms of personnel additions. And as long as they have Harden, Paul, Capela, Gordon and Tucker locked in, I'm not really worried about them staying together. That's the core group with Ariza, who I tend to think is replaceable.

Throw in an MLE contract and some veteran minimum guys, and why can't the Rockets play as well next season as they did last year?

Finally, I understand what you're saying here about staking their fortunes on a guy like CP3, who is at the tail end of his prime and has proven to be injury prone. But if they don't keep him, who are they adding instead? Because with Capela about to get paid and Gordon and Anderson on the books another two seasons, the Rockets aren't going to have cap room for another two years. Barring sign and trade deals (and their resources are limited), it's going to be very hard for them to add a top 10-15 caliber guy in the league on Paul's level.

The one massive hole that all of the "maxing CP3 is a terrible move!" posters are missing is that all-stars don't grow on trees. If the Rockets let Paul walk out that door, there's not another guy anywhere close to being as talented as him who's going to walk back in to replace him. And even if there were a handful of guys on Paul's level, there's never any certainty that the Rockets are going to luck out and get one of those guys.

You're a Lakers fan. You're used to superstar free agents wanting to come to LA. But that's not the norm. MOST franchises count their lucky stars when they get a star player to join their team. For every Dwight Howard and Chris Paul who the Rockets have added in the last decade, there was a Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and half a dozen other guys they didn't get. IMO, 99 times out of 100, I'll take the superstar I already have and can keep long-term over the hypothetical superstar who I have no assurance I can sign.

Vinylman
06-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Who are you even talking to? You don't appear to be addressing any one person or group of people. This just seems like a random post replying to nobody based on comments nobody seems to have made in days.

As for your point on improving, it's a fair one. But I don't know that the Rockets have to really "improve" that much to beat Golden State in terms of personnel additions. And as long as they have Harden, Paul, Capela, Gordon and Tucker locked in, I'm not really worried about them staying together. That's the core group with Ariza, who I tend to think is replaceable.

Throw in an MLE contract and some veteran minimum guys, and why can't the Rockets play as well next season as they did last year?

Finally, I understand what you're saying here about staking their fortunes on a guy like CP3, who is at the tail end of his prime and has proven to be injury prone. But if they don't keep him, who are they adding instead? Because with Capela about to get paid and Gordon and Anderson on the books another two seasons, the Rockets aren't going to have cap room for another two years. Barring sign and trade deals (and their resources are limited), it's going to be very hard for them to add a top 10-15 caliber guy in the league on Paul's level.

The one massive hole that all of the "maxing CP3 is a terrible move!" posters are missing is that all-stars don't grow on trees. If the Rockets let Paul walk out that door, there's not another guy anywhere close to being as talented as him who's going to walk back in to replace him. And even if there were a handful of guys on Paul's level, there's never any certainty that the Rockets are going to luck out and get one of those guys.

You're a Lakers fan. You're used to superstar free agents wanting to come to LA. But that's not the norm. MOST franchises count their lucky stars when they get a star player to join their team. For every Dwight Howard and Chris Paul who the Rockets have added in the last decade, there was a Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and half a dozen other guys they didn't get. IMO, 99 times out of 100, I'll take the superstar I already have and can keep long-term over the hypothetical superstar who I have no assurance I can sign.

Like I said 100 times in this thread... If I was Houston maxing CP3 is the right decision because they know the roster works... It wouldn't be for a lot of other teams...

I do think this team can compete with GS without adding anything... I would be more concerned about losing Ariza though than you appear to be.

At the end of the day this is Houston's best shot at a title and they have to take the risk even knowing the last couple of years on the deal could be a throw away.

The Rockets are a legit title contender

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Max contract for a 33 year old who consistently gets injured playoff after playoff while there are other elite up-and-coming players of the same or comparable ranking as a top player is not a good idea. I'll stand by that until CP3 can prove he can stay healthy enough to compete. It's not enough if you don't win it. And knowing CP3, if he gets injured again, Rockets don't have enough to counter the Warriors. As good as James Harden is, he too finds himself playing below his status at times. I don't want the Rockets to come back two years after today saying, "Damn, how are we going to get CP3 off the books to sign X player."

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Like I said 100 times in this thread... If I was Houston maxing CP3 is the right decision because they know the roster works... It wouldn't be for a lot of other teams...

I do think this team can compete with GS without adding anything... I would be more concerned about losing Ariza though than you appear to be.

At the end of the day this is Houston's best shot at a title and they have to take the risk even knowing the last couple of years on the deal could be a throw away.

The Rockets are a legit title contender

Fair enough. Agreed on all counts.

As for Ariza, don't get me wrong—I've always liked the guy and what he brings to the table. I'm just very lukewarm on him, especially given the talk about him wanting like $10-$12 million a year. I just don't think he's worth that, especially given how incredibly shaky he's been in the playoffs the last few seasons. I've got to think they could get a more reliable 3 and D player for MLE money.

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Max contract for a 33 year old who consistently gets injured playoff after playoff while there are other elite up-and-coming players of the same or comparable ranking as a top player is not a good idea. I'll stand by that until CP3 can prove he can stay healthy enough to compete. It's not enough if you don't win it. And knowing CP3, if he gets injured again, Rockets don't have enough to counter the Warriors. As good as James Harden is, he too finds himself playing below his status at times. I don't want the Rockets to come back two years after today saying, "Damn, how are we going to get CP3 off the books to sign X player."

But that's two years of Harden's prime wasted. Because if they let Paul go, they're not going to legitimately contend without him or someone of his caliber. And they don't have the resources to add someone like that unless it's via a sign and trade.

Could Paul be a shell of himself in two years? Sure. But he could also be the same guy he is today. And that's a guy you can win a championship with as your No. 2. Also, Ryno's contract comes off the books in two years, so if Paul is broken by that time at least Morey will only have one horrible contract to deal with.

TrueFan420
06-27-2018, 01:22 PM
@mightybosstone

You're sleeping on Ariza. His length will be key in defending KD. And he's been there and done that before with LA. His presence would be harder to replace than I think your stating.

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 01:26 PM
@mightybosstone

You're sleeping on Ariza. His length will be key in defending KD. And he's been there and done that before with LA. His presence would be harder to replace than I think your stating.

KD averages 27/7/4 on 47% shooting vs Ariza in his career. Ariza's LAL days were when Durant was still a rookie/2nd year player. He averaged 27 vs Ariza. I think you're overrating Ariza.

Hawkeye15
06-27-2018, 01:48 PM

I do respect them. I simply said I am hesitant to ever really buy into them. As it stands, they are really the only team with a shot at beating GS today.

But see what you said? If Paul hadn't gotten hurt. Well, he did. He ****ing always does, or has a weird few minutes/game, just like Harden, who will just lay a dud at the worst possible time. I would imagine it's beyond frustrating to Rox fans honestly.

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 02:04 PM
I do respect them. I simply said I am hesitant to ever really buy into them. As it stands, they are really the only team with a shot at beating GS today.

But see what you said? If Paul hadn't gotten hurt. Well, he did. He ****ing always does, or has a weird few minutes/game, just like Harden, who will just lay a dud at the worst possible time. I would imagine it's beyond frustrating to Rox fans honestly.

Personally, I wasn't really that frustrated at all with those guys this postseason. The Rockets didn't lose to the Warriors because Paul and Harden drastically underperformed in the series. They lost because Paul got hurt and the entire Rockets team couldn't buy a 3-pointer in Game 7. THAT was way more frustrating than anything Paul or Harden did in the playoffs.

Frankly, I was extremely pleased with the performance of both guys in the playoffs. Paul actually stepped up in a huge way, and Harden had far fewer disappearing acts this postseason than in previous years and was consistently damn good even on nights when he couldn't hit a shot. I wished they had shot better as a team (Harden included) in that series, but that's not all on those two guys. And I wished Paul hadn't gone down with the hamstring injury, but it's not like he had any control over that.

Are there times when one of them will disappear for a stretch? Sure. But name me an NBA player not named Lebron James who that DOESN'T happen to. And that's why they compliment each other so well. When one guy doesn't have it, the other one takes over.

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 02:09 PM
@mightybosstone

To Flashbolt's point, I think you're definitely giving Ariza way too much credit for his defense on Durant. KD completely dominated the Rockets in that series. He averaged like 30/6/3 with a nearly 60% TS%. I'd hardly say that Ariza or anyone else did much to slow the guy down. Also, on the offensive end, Trevor shot a whopping 7 for 35 in that series from the 3-point line, including 0-9 in Game 7.

So, do I think the Rockets can add a guy who gives up 30 points to Durant and shoots at least 20 percent from the 3-point line over a seven game series for less than $10 million a year. Yeah. I do.

Hawkeye15
06-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Personally, I wasn't really that frustrated at all with those guys this postseason. The Rockets didn't lose to the Warriors because Paul and Harden drastically underperformed in the series. They lost because Paul got hurt and the entire Rockets team couldn't buy a 3-pointer in Game 7. THAT was way more frustrating than anything Paul or Harden did in the playoffs.

Frankly, I was extremely pleased with the performance of both guys in the playoffs. Paul actually stepped up in a huge way, and Harden had far fewer disappearing acts this postseason than in previous years and was consistently damn good even on nights when he couldn't hit a shot. I wished they had shot better as a team (Harden included) in that series, but that's not all on those two guys. And I wished Paul hadn't gone down with the hamstring injury, but it's not like he had any control over that.

Are there times when one of them will disappear for a stretch? Sure. But name me an NBA player not named Lebron James who that DOESN'T happen to. And that's why they compliment each other so well. When one guy doesn't have it, the other one takes over.

I understand. Look, I just don't trust Harden or Paul due to what I pointed out. Call it bad luck. That could easily be broken. The talent was there. Maybe it still will be. I can't stand Houston for personal reasons, and Paul is easily my most conflicting player as a fan in the game. Like, I LOVE his game, but he is such a beatch haha. While some would agree its a great time to be a Rox fan, others might not (due to GS). Reality is, they are the best shot, currently, to take down the Warriors. You have to max Paul if he asks for hit.

Scoots
06-27-2018, 05:03 PM
It would be nice if Ariza gets dumped by the Rockets ... the Warriors could use him for 15 minutes a night on some nights.

mightybosstone
06-27-2018, 05:45 PM
It would be nice if Ariza gets dumped by the Rockets ... the Warriors could use him for 15 minutes a night on some nights.

And Golden State is going to pay him how? I don't see Golden State as a realistic landing spot for him unless they can either find legitimate playing time for him or they can find a way to pay him. And I don't see either of those things happening.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 12:27 AM
And Golden State is going to pay him how? I don't see Golden State as a realistic landing spot for him unless they can either find legitimate playing time for him or they can find a way to pay him. And I don't see either of those things happening.

They couldn't pay him as much, but if he's annoyed with the Rockets and wants to win ...

TrueFan420
06-28-2018, 12:38 AM
KD averages 27/7/4 on 47% shooting vs Ariza in his career. Ariza's LAL days were when Durant was still a rookie/2nd year player. He averaged 27 vs Ariza. I think you're overrating Ariza.

To Flashbolt's point, I think you're definitely giving Ariza way too much credit for his defense on Durant. KD completely dominated the Rockets in that series. He averaged like 30/6/3 with a nearly 60% TS%. I'd hardly say that Ariza or anyone else did much to slow the guy down. Also, on the offensive end, Trevor shot a whopping 7 for 35 in that series from the 3-point line, including 0-9 in Game 7.

So, do I think the Rockets can add a guy who gives up 30 points to Durant and shoots at least 20 percent from the 3-point line over a seven game series for less than $10 million a year. Yeah. I do.

KD will get his against most players. Ariza length is what's key. KD got a lot of points shooting over shorter players. Ariza has the length to big him. Can he be improved on, sure. Will it be as easy I think your making it seem, no. Plus I think he's a big part of lockerroom tho I'm sure you could speak to that better.

BKLYNpigeon
06-28-2018, 12:58 AM
No Way Ariza signs with the Warriors.

He's just playing the Free Agency game like Iggy. Posturing for more money.

Warriors only have a 5mil MLE to offer. After taxes its 21.6mil. I would be surprised if they used it.

Vinylman
06-28-2018, 06:59 AM
They couldn't pay him as much, but if he's annoyed with the Rockets and wants to win ...

he already has a chip and doesn't want to become another GS shemale