PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Traded To Brooklyn

Rivera
06-20-2018, 09:31 AM
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35628628_10156443580239921_1104590787380772864_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cb96c2ebbfa5009d612139ba7149dd47&oe=5BB74ECE

From WOJ

Rivera
06-20-2018, 09:31 AM
also From WOJ

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following Following @wojespn
More Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Deal includes Nets sending two future second-round picks and cash to Charlotte for Howard, who has a $23.8M expiring contract.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Lol

hugepatsfan
06-20-2018, 09:38 AM
On first glance this seems about the luxury tax/cash management for CHA. They're at $119.5M in guaranteed salaries against a projected tax line of $121M. And that's just for 12 players, not including their #11 pick. This deal adds an extra year of salary, but saves them about $7.8M this year. That should give them enough cap space to sign their #11 pick and fill out the other 2 roster spots without paying any luxury tax.

If I'm CHA, my next move would be to move Kemba Walker and attach a contract to him. Their cap situation is a ****ing mess.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2018, 09:39 AM
MJ should sell the team while he's at it

jd25213
06-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Dwight finally gets his wish, 8 years later.....

Rivera
06-20-2018, 09:48 AM
On first glance this seems about the luxury tax/cash management for CHA. They're at $119.5M in guaranteed salaries against a projected tax line of $121M. And that's just for 12 players, not including their #11 pick. This deal adds an extra year of salary, but saves them about $7.8M this year. That should give them enough cap space to sign their #11 pick and fill out the other 2 roster spots without paying any luxury tax.

If I'm CHA, my next move would be to move Kemba Walker and attach a contract to him. Their cap situation is a ****ing mess.

yup. Charlotte bought into their own hype when they made the playoffs and just overpaid everyone. Kemba is really the only one worth anything on that team considering the contracts. its like you would want value for Kemba. But at the same time, the best value for Kemba is exactly what you said. Attach a contract to him and just continue to try and reset the cap situation

numba1CHANGsta
06-20-2018, 10:06 AM
No one wants to go to Brooklyn, they're trash!

Jeffy25
06-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Dwight and Russell could look pretty good next to each other.

Throw in Oakfor's promise and some cap space, and the Nets could get back to a .500 team pretty quickly.

lakerfan85
06-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Lol!! Mitch must really like Moz!! Also he sent Howard to the Nets because of what went down with Dwight when he was a Laker.. I feel sorry for Hornet fans.. Kupchak is so bad as a GM..

Rivera
06-20-2018, 10:15 AM
Lol!! Mitch must really like Moz!! Also he sent Howard to the Nets because of what went down with Dwight when he was a Laker.. I feel sorry for Hornet fans.. Kupchak is so bad as a GM..

this was a cap move, not a get better move. Hornets are now under the lux tax when they sign their pick. It would have been terrible for a team to be over the tax and out of the playoffs lol

their cap situation from previous GMs is terrible.

Rivera
06-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Dwight and Russell could look pretty good next to each other.

Throw in Oakfor's promise and some cap space, and the Nets could get back to a .500 team pretty quickly.

Okafors promise? He hasnt had promise since he left Duke. There is no promise for a slow footed non defensive C in todays game. Unless if he drastically improves on defense, Okafor is destined for a career of 12 min a game until no one signs him anymore

BKLYNpigeon
Pretty funny. Mitch Kupchak GM of Hornets gave Mozgov that contract when he was the GM of the Lakers.

LeonFSU
Charlotte is getting ready to lose intentionally.

Dade County
06-20-2018, 10:19 AM
It's been down hill since he left Orlando.

lakerfan85
06-20-2018, 10:20 AM
this was a cap move, not a get better move. Hornets are now under the lux tax when they sign their pick. It would have been terrible for a team to be over the tax and out of the playoffs lol

their cap situation from previous GMs is terrible.

Yeah but they took on an extra year of Mozís contract.. And I never said they were getting better from this trade..

Rivera
06-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Yeah but they took on an extra year of Mozís contract.. And I never said they were getting better from this trade..

they took the extra year because they saved money this year on not paying the tax. its not hard to understand

Scoots
06-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Howard, an "all time great" is on his 6th team and his 4th in 4 years.

I like the move, but it made me wonder if the Hornets issue is that MJ doesn't have enough money.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Howard, an "all time great" is on his 6th team and his 4th in 4 years.

I like the move, but it made me wonder if the Hornets issue is that MJ doesn't have enough money.

If MJ and his group didn't have enough money I don't think they'd be pressing against the tax to begin with. CHA is a team going nowhere. This move just saves them a little money long term for a couple of flier second round picks. think it's just a smart deal.

I do think we have a bigger problem though with super teams condensing the wealth. The league as a whole might be better off for it but I see teams like CHA, ATL, etc. getting crushed if the trend continues. And if they start getting crushed that will have bad impacts on the league.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2018, 11:08 AM
D-12, best big in the game, SUUUUUUU - PUH - MAAAAAAAAAAAN has just been traded.

Only thing I can't figure out is why this thread isn't already 20 pages long. This is like if a prime Shaq was just traded. Brooklyn is a finals contender in the East now.

jasonbourne
06-20-2018, 11:25 AM

Ok, it makes more sense now for the Hornets to do this deal, but couldn't they have gotten more for Howard? The Wizards, a playoff contender, come to mind in trading Gortat (one-year remaining) for Howard. There are probably other teams willing to deal, too, for an expiring Howard. He could be a big help for some contender.

Dade County
06-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Ok, it makes more sense now for the Hornets to do this deal, but couldn't they have gotten more for Howard? The Wizards, a playoff contender, come to mind in trading Gortat (one-year remaining) for Howard. There are probably other teams willing to deal, too, for an expiring Howard. He could be a big help for some contender.

I was thinking Portland. It's been reported they've been on the look out for a big since last season.

KingstonHawke
06-20-2018, 11:28 AM

This is exactly what I expect them to do. I'm guessing it will be MKG. Phoenix makes sense as the destination. Kemba and MKG for Chandler, Dudley, money, and a few 2nd rounders makes a lot of sense for both teams. And would set the Suns up to still make a play for KAT.

Kemba Walker, Devin Booker, and Karl Anthony-Towns is a really nice core moving forward. I'd even be willing to take on Wiggins and include Ayton.

Charlotte would go into super tanking mode but save a lot of money...
Brooklyn could actually make the playoffs behind there homeless version of Kobe and Shaq...
Phoenix would be a playoff team immediately and have a bright future...
Minnesota with Jackson, Chriss, and Ayton could be better than they are with KAT and Wiggins.

jasonbourne
06-20-2018, 11:41 AM
I was thinking Portland. It's been reported they've been on the look out for a big since last season.

DH still gets dub-dubs and is a force inside. He's not an All-Star anymore, but probably in line for HOF as he's similar to Bob Lanier. The Trail Blazers would have to deal Nurcic, Aminu (two expirings) and more salary and draft picks to make a comparable deal.

LaVar Ball
06-20-2018, 11:46 AM
D-12, best big in the game, SUUUUUUU - PUH - MAAAAAAAAAAAN has just been traded.

Only thing I can't figure out is why this thread isn't already 20 pages long. This is like if a prime Shaq was just traded. Brooklyn is a finals contender in the East now.

Itís cuz Dwight never was or will be on the level of a Shaq.

Shaq was right about Dwight all along.

MJNetsIsles
06-20-2018, 12:18 PM
The Nets win this trade easily. Moving Mozgovís contract for an expiring contract allows the Nets so much cap flexibility. Iím not really sure why the Hornets agreed to do this. But thank you! Iíll take it. Mozgov sucks. Literally the worst Center in the NBA. Iím sure Jarrett Allen will benefit a lot from having Dwight Howard around for a year. Good move for Brooklyn.

LOb0
06-20-2018, 12:28 PM
If it was that easy to move Mozgov why the hell did the Lakers overpay by trading D.Russ?

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 12:30 PM
I said Nets will change it around by 2019. I was right. A new owner who knows what he is doing.

MJNetsIsles
06-20-2018, 12:41 PM
If it was that easy to move Mozgov why the hell did the Lakers overpay by trading D.Russ?

They got fleeced lol

Chronz
06-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Lakers should've just waited to see if anyone would hire their former GM and then traded him away for dwight

MJNetsIsles
06-20-2018, 12:50 PM
No one wants to go to Brooklyn, they're trash!

Thanks for DLO

HunterNRoss
06-20-2018, 01:04 PM

Extra year on his contract?

hugepatsfan
06-20-2018, 01:27 PM
This would be an after free agency thing but if I'm CHA I try to move Batum to HOU for Ryan Anderson if they strike out on FAs. HOU gets a player that can at least contribute in the postseason and CHA sheds a year off of a bad contract their stuck with.

lakerfan85
06-20-2018, 01:56 PM
they took the extra year because they saved money this year on not paying the tax. its not hard to understand

Nobody said anything about not understanding the trade..

foonaka
06-20-2018, 03:47 PM
Pretty funny. Mitch Kupchak GM of Hornets gave Mozgov that contract when he was the GM of the Lakers.

He is really determined to be saddled with that contract, isn't he?

still1ballin
06-20-2018, 03:49 PM

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddBat
06-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Love this move for the nets!:clap:
hope dwight doesnt ask for a buy out. he would def help our nonexistent interior defense.
ALSO the nets actually have their own 1st round pick and have a load of cap space after this season.
things r looking up!

ewing
06-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Him and Okafor will dominate

aman_13
06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
I like where the Nets are going.

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Someone should start a prediction thread for where Dwight will get traded to at the deadline. Dude's a hot potato.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:42 PM

this... They got *** rammed basically. Said it all along. They should have used Druss to get out from under Deng... Deng was the worst deal by far. Mos nomatter what still has value where Deng doesnt.. Nets basically got Druss and still got out from Mos.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:45 PM
This is a really good move that will help further Russ progression as well. Nets did exactly everything I said they would when they originally traded for MOS... They upgraded the only way they could after the rape that happened to them... They got a high upside guy by taking a bad contract and they will ship out Mos as soon as they could and they did... Lakers and Magic were stupid.. Should have traded russ and Deng in a package... Imagine where the lakers would be now?

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Dwight for Mosgod just happened... Mos is a bad mother ****er man... Dude gets that contract from the lakers and then gets traded for Dwight Howard where Mos is the wanted piece xD

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Sixers need to call and offer a 2nd for Kemba... Just to see if mitch bites. If he says no toss in a sweetener... TJ will send it over the top lmfao.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2018, 07:54 PM
I heard the Nets might buyout Dwightís contract.

Would be so funny if he ended up on the warriors.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Nets got a hell of a deal.

They'll probably try to trade Dwight at the deadline. Worst case scenario, they have a bunch of money next year.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2018, 08:22 PM
I heard the Nets might buyout Dwightís contract.

Would be so funny if he ended up on the warriors.

Link?

KingstonHawke
06-20-2018, 08:43 PM
I don't know why the Cavs didn't try to swing a similar deal. Could've used the Nets as a third team to facilitate the deal for someone like Clarkson who's disposable. If they were to get rid of Smith and Thompson, get back Walker and Howard... and all it really cost them was a bench player and that Nets draft pick. I think we'd all be calling that deal a home run and the Cavs would be in the lead to retain LeBron.

Mr.ATLHawks
06-20-2018, 09:13 PM
While I think people might be spot on with the luxury tax comments its also came out, again, that Howard is a cancer in the locker room and that players don't like him and his antics. Same thing happened in ATL year before and in HOU. If you think the Warriors or Cavs are going to inject someone who has plaqued 3 locker rooms in 3 years. I highly doubt it

TrueFan420
06-20-2018, 10:32 PM

When they traded him he had 3 years not 2. They got back a good player in Brook Lopez who was expiring. And a first.

bleedprple&gold
06-20-2018, 11:01 PM
Mitch is going to insist Mozgov plays significant minutes to try to prove he still has value and that he's not as big of an idiot as everyone says he is for signing him to that contract, but Mozgov will disappoint as usual.

TrueFan420
06-20-2018, 11:19 PM
Mitch is going to insist Mozgov plays significant minutes to try to prove he still has value and that he's not as big of an idiot as everyone says he is for signing him to that contract, but Mozgov will disappoint as usual.

I mean it would make sense to try and get his value up next season because he will likely be a bargaining chip for picks once he's an expiring after this coming year.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:11 AM

its still a bad deal for Charlotte... they should have got way more than that for taking on 2 years of Moz....

I see Mitch still doesn't understand the new NBA even after taking off a year and a half to take a remedial course.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:15 AM
This would be an after free agency thing but if I'm CHA I try to move Batum to HOU for Ryan Anderson if they strike out on FAs. HOU gets a player that can at least contribute in the postseason and CHA sheds a year off of a bad contract their stuck with.

why would Houston take an extra year of Batum? plus Batum makes about 3.5 million more than Anderson

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:17 AM
this... They got *** rammed basically. Said it all along. They should have used Druss to get out from under Deng... Deng was the worst deal by far. Mos nomatter what still has value where Deng doesnt.. Nets basically got Druss and still got out from Mos.

another ignorant post... moz had 3 years left on his deal when traded and the Lakers got a first and BL

context is hard for the slow...

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:19 AM
I mean it would make sense to try and get his value up next season because he will likely be a bargaining chip for picks once he's an expiring after this coming year.

dude... there will be like 35 contracts in the 15-18 million range expiring in 2020... they won't be worth anything significant

Leftcoast_yg
06-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Thanks for DLO
You're welcome! **** Dblo

Leftcoast_yg
06-21-2018, 01:10 PM
another ignorant post... moz had 3 years left on his deal when traded and the Lakers got a first and BL

context is hard for the slow...

That guy is a Sixers fan he's already confused about his team winning games now. He's slower than watching paint dry.

WaDe03
06-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Theyíre negotiating a buyout per chris Haynes. Where does he end up?

Vee-Rex
06-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Theyíre negotiating a buyout per chris Haynes. Where does he end up?

Vee-Rex
06-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't go to Golden State.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 02:31 PM

It's already trending lol..

WaDe03
06-21-2018, 02:32 PM
I have feeling itíll be golden state.

Others I could see:

Celtics
Cavs (if LeBron stays)
Wherever LeBron goes
Wizards
Spurs if Kawhi stays

HunterNRoss
06-21-2018, 02:33 PM

Kyle Neubeck@KyleNeubeck
Howardís entire career has been building to this moment: signing with the Warriors to ring chase and sabotaging their chemistry in the process

MJNetsIsles
06-21-2018, 02:33 PM

Golden State or wherever Lebron goes.

HunterNRoss
06-21-2018, 02:35 PM

Others I could see:

Celtics
Cavs (if LeBron stays)
Wherever LeBron goes
Wizards
Spurs if Kawhi stays

IF Lebron were to go to the Lakers dont see anyway Lakers take Howard back.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Others I could see:

Celtics
Cavs (if LeBron stays)
Wherever LeBron goes
Wizards
Spurs if Kawhi stays

Dwight recently said part of the reason he wears #12 is because he wanted to be the reverse of Tim Duncan (which he's doing a great job of)

I'd be shocked if SA was an option for him

Htownballa1622
06-21-2018, 02:56 PM
I would love for Dwert to go to GS.

:smoking:

HandsOnTheWheel
06-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Sounds like it'll be GS. A ring or two sure wouldn't hurt his career resume

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Warriors will be even more hated. lol.

The warriors love taking on these project players who want to rebuild their image. DH will step right into the Javale Mcgee role.

KingstonHawke
06-21-2018, 03:54 PM

Others I could see:

Celtics
Cavs (if LeBron stays)
Wherever LeBron goes
Wizards
Spurs if Kawhi stays

Not only are the Warriors tailor made for this specific situation. But when you compare the cities on that list The Bay stands out big time.

Howard's dream is just like every other superstar's. To be surrounded by shooters in a large city that never gets cold. He's going to put up 15-15 and then a year later get maxed out by a bad team that misses swinging for a superstar.

COOLbeans
06-21-2018, 04:01 PM
Dubs need to scoop him if heís bought out AND OK with making just a few million $$ to repair his legacy on a winning team and go deep into the playoffs

Chronz
06-21-2018, 04:03 PM
I'd love him in GS. In my franchise he wound up in la with bron and getting his Jersey retired

COOLbeans
06-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Not only are the Warriors tailor made for this specific situation. But when you compare the cities on that list The Bay stands out big time.

Howard's dream is just like every other superstar's. To be surrounded by shooters in a large city that never gets cold. He's going to put up 15-15 and then a year later get maxed out by a bad team that misses swinging for a superstar.

Heís perfect. Kind of a knucklehead with a good guy heart a la Swaggy P. He can really repair his image here, just look at Javale McGee. No ones reparation was worse than his from a mental standpoint

KingstonHawke
06-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Heís perfect. Kind of a knucklehead with a good guy heart a la Swaggy P. He can really repair his image here, just look at Javale McGee. No ones reparation was worse than his from a mental standpoint

That's a perfect comparison. If he's on his best behavior for one year it will fix everything. He'll even have a few playoff games where he's completely dominant. That's really a match made in heaven for both sides.

Just wonder if he would take the minimum to leave them the MLE. They don't need Livingston or Iggy if they can fill their need at center while still holding onto the MLE.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2018, 04:38 PM
That's a perfect comparison. If he's on his best behavior for one year it will fix everything. He'll even have a few playoff games where he's completely dominant. That's really a match made in heaven for both sides.

Just wonder if he would take the minimum to leave them the MLE. They don't need Livingston or Iggy if they can fill their need at center while still holding onto the MLE.

doesnt need the MLE. He will get most of his money from the Buyout from Brooklyn.

Anything DH makes on his next contract goes to the Nets to supplement the buyout payment.

Scoots
06-21-2018, 04:49 PM
It's already trending lol..

No. Please. No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzszeBrAj5s

Scoots
06-21-2018, 04:51 PM
He's a cancer who can't defend the wing and who doesn't move the ball ... yeah, he's not perfect in any way for the Warriors.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2018, 04:57 PM
He's a cancer who can't defend the wing and who doesn't move the ball ... yeah, he's not perfect in any way for the Warriors.

He wont be closing games, for the price I dont think you can do any better.

FlashBolt
06-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Dwight's still capable of giving you 18/10 but he's just a locker room problem with a huge ego and a lack of severity in demeanor. Can he handle playing in the Warriors accepting a crappy role?

Dade County
06-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Bucks, Portland, Dallas or Miami (after they trade Whiteside).

Scoots
06-21-2018, 06:12 PM
He wont be closing games, for the price I dont think you can do any better.

Jordan Bell is cheaper and I'd rather he get the minutes.

MJNetsIsles
06-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Iím glad the Nets decided to buy out Dwight Howard. Iíd rather see other young players get the minutes he wouldíve demanded. This trade was made for 2019 cap space and beyond. Dwight didnít feature into the long term plans. The Nets donít need Howard. Let him go somewhere he can chase a ring. Heís a washed up version of his once dominant self, but still serviceable. See Ya, Dwight.

Chronz
06-21-2018, 06:19 PM
Dwight's still capable of giving you 18/10 but he's just a locker room problem with a huge ego and a lack of severity in demeanor. Can he handle playing in the Warriors accepting a crappy role?

He can give you 18 13

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 06:22 PM

he is perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Hope he takes a $5 million buyout to get his freedom...

that would surely solidify Mitch as the stupidest GM in the NBA again

Scoots
06-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Jordan Bell turns the ball over less, passes better, blocks more shots, is better on defense, shoots better, shoots FTs better, has a much better net rating, and he can actually stay on the floor against modern teams.

And he's not a cancer.

NO!

Scoots
06-21-2018, 06:29 PM
I'd be fine with the Warriors going into next year with the center position being Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney, and Damian Jones. I'd like to add a vet min banger defender ... but NOT Howard.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jordan+Bell&player_id1_select=Jordan+Bell&player_id1=belljo01&y1=2018&player_id2_hint=Dwight+Howard&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&player_id2=howardw01&y2=2018&player_id3_hint=Kevon+Looney&player_id3_select=Kevon+Looney&player_id3=looneke01&y3=2018&player_id4_hint=Damian+Jones&player_id4_select=Damian+Jones&y4=2018&player_id4=jonesda03&idx=players

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 06:35 PM
I'd be fine with the Warriors going into next year with the center position being Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney, and Damian Jones. I'd like to add a vet min banger defender ... but NOT Howard.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jordan+Bell&player_id1_select=Jordan+Bell&player_id1=belljo01&y1=2018&player_id2_hint=Dwight+Howard&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&player_id2=howardw01&y2=2018&player_id3_hint=Kevon+Looney&player_id3_select=Kevon+Looney&player_id3=looneke01&y3=2018&player_id4_hint=Damian+Jones&player_id4_select=Damian+Jones&y4=2018&player_id4=jonesda03&idx=players

why would you show career stats? they are worthless

I hope you get him

Chronz
06-21-2018, 06:45 PM

I hope you get him

http://bkref.com/tiny/UNWf4

I'd do it just to see what he can be cuz damn those guys are efficient in that system

HandsOnTheWheel
06-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Lol Scoots is acting like signing him would prevent them from winning another championship :rolleyes:

HandsOnTheWheel
06-21-2018, 07:02 PM
If gs can win a championship with Nick Young and terrible chemistry, there's no reason adding Howard would be any different

COOLbeans
06-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Howardís perfect for the Warriors. Donít listen to Scoots on this one :)

Scoots
06-21-2018, 07:40 PM

I hope you get him

I told it to limit to one year. Something broken.

Found it. https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Jordan+Bell&player_id1_select=Jordan+Bell&player_id1=belljo01&y1=2018&player_id2_hint=Dwight+Howard&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&player_id2=howardw01&y2=2018&player_id3_hint=Kevon+Looney&player_id3_select=Kevon+Looney&player_id3=looneke01&y3=2018&player_id4_hint=Damian+Jones&player_id4_select=Damian+Jones&player_id4=jonesda03&y4=2018

Scoots
06-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Lol Scoots is acting like signing him would prevent them from winning another championship :rolleyes:

No, just that it goes against everything they said they wanted.

Scoots
06-21-2018, 07:43 PM
If gs can win a championship with Nick Young and terrible chemistry, there's no reason adding Howard would be any different

DLO was the source of the Lakers chemistry issues by most reports, not Young. And Young underperformed which caused the Warriors to realize they had too many bigs and not enough wings. The Warriors said they want to get younger and add more wings and fewer bigs.

Cal827
06-21-2018, 07:50 PM
If he goes to the Warriors, this league is just gonna be further broken :laugh2:

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
Howard

Livingston/Cook
Young/Iggy
Igoudala/Looney
Bell/West
Mcgee

Also, I know Howard's attitude is detrimental, but in this case, it wouldn't be a case that a team needs him. It's more HE needs the team to prove to others that he's worth being on a roster. The Warriors guys have proven that they'll adjust their games to another player added (Durant). If he has a hissy fit, the team could just plain release him and still win (or at least go really deep in the playoffs), and that would probably be the end of his career. He's already a HOFer, can he keep his locker room antics at a lower level for just one season, and add a Title to his career accolades? It would be a great capper.

That being said, Dwight and his agent would likely recognize the financial risk and might look for a team that he would be more important for the teams success to help him get one more medium contract before retiring.

COOLbeans
06-21-2018, 08:37 PM
If he goes to the Warriors, this league is just gonna be further broken :laugh2:

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
Howard

Livingston/Cook
Young/Iggy
Igoudala/Looney
Bell/West
Mcgee

Also, I know Howard's attitude is detrimental, but in this case, it wouldn't be a case that a team needs him. It's more HE needs the team to prove to others that he's worth being on a roster. The Warriors guys have proven that they'll adjust their games to another player added (Durant). If he has a hissy fit, the team could just plain release him and still win (or at least go really deep in the playoffs), and that would probably be the end of his career. He's already a HOFer, can he keep his locker room antics at a lower level for just one season, and add a Title to his career accolades? It would be a great capper.

That being said, Dwight and his agent would likely recognize the financial risk and might look for a team that he would be more important for the teams success to help him get one more medium contract before retiring.

That would be some loser **** if he passed on the Warriors due to financial stability. And we dont want em if he thinks like that. Because then he and his peple are assuming hed be a distraction.

Dude is beyond wealthy. He needs to resurrect his reputation and go out a winner.

Saddletramp
06-22-2018, 05:02 AM
Draymond Green will make him cry. He will break him.

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:24 AM
I told it to limit to one year. Something broken.

Found it. https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Jordan+Bell&player_id1_select=Jordan+Bell&player_id1=belljo01&y1=2018&player_id2_hint=Dwight+Howard&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&player_id2=howardw01&y2=2018&player_id3_hint=Kevon+Looney&player_id3_select=Kevon+Looney&player_id3=looneke01&y3=2018&player_id4_hint=Damian+Jones&player_id4_select=Damian+Jones&player_id4=jonesda03&y4=2018

That's better Ö small sample sizes though... Anyway... If he is there for the taking at the min there is no way you will pass.

Scoots
06-22-2018, 09:38 AM
That's better Ö small sample sizes though... Anyway... If he is there for the taking at the min there is no way you will pass.

Teams don't sign players just because they are cheap.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Teams don't sign players just because they are cheap.

value dude... not cheap... its strictly a $/WS scenario Ö and in that context there probably isn't a better value out there

Scoots
06-23-2018, 02:39 PM
value dude... not cheap... its strictly a $/WS scenario Ö and in that context there probably isn't a better value out there

The Warriors don't care much about the points and rebounds they know they can get those. How has Howard's defense been on bigs the last couple years? From the games I watched he's lost a couple steps and his effort is down a lot. If the Warriors had to choose between head cases at C I'd rather have Noel.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 02:45 PM
The Warriors don't care much about the points and rebounds they know they can get those. How has Howard's defense been on bigs the last couple years? From the games I watched he's lost a couple steps and his effort is down a lot. If the Warriors had to choose between head cases at C I'd rather have Noel.

fair enough but Noel isn't playing for the Vet minimum... not even for the Warriors

Scoots
06-23-2018, 03:31 PM
fair enough but Noel isn't playing for the Vet minimum... not even for the Warriors

Yeah, probably not. But 1 year at the vet min may make him a lot of money on his next deal. I really have no idea what offers he's going to get this year.

I had hoped maybe Lopez could be coaxed to take a vet min deal, but if the Lakers build anything he'll probably join there.

Kyle O'Quinn maybe, but he probably wants more than the vet min too.

I'd rather keep JaVale than get Howard :)

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Yeah, probably not. But 1 year at the vet min may make him a lot of money on his next deal. I really have no idea what offers he's going to get this year.

I had hoped maybe Lopez could be coaxed to take a vet min deal, but if the Lakers build anything he'll probably join there.

yikes!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Dwight goes to Wizards probably.

Dade County
06-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Hearing Boston

FlashBolt
06-23-2018, 05:54 PM
Hearing Boston

Dwight should consider the Spurs.

MJNetsIsles
06-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Scoots, you're lost. Howard > McGee

Scoots
06-23-2018, 11:14 PM
Scoots, you're lost. Howard > McGee

In what way that the Warriors care about?

Look at their per 100 numbers

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=JaVale+McGee&player_id1_select=JaVale+McGee&player_id1=mcgeeja01&y1=2018&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&y2=2018&player_id2=howardw01&idx=players

JaVale was better at 2s, FAR better on FTs, blocked more shots, got more steals, more assists, and FAR fewer turnovers. The only thing Dwight did better than JaVale was rebounding, which the Warriors didn't really ask him to dominate. AND the Warriors players love JaVale and have expressed considerable disdain for Howard.

It's not like Howard will be getting more than 20 minutes a game with the Warriors and he doesn't fit what they want.

I just don't see it.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2018, 11:25 PM
Dwight is better but he's right that Warriors should have McGee instead. Dwight would complain not getting the ball on the Warriors.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:52 AM
In what way that the Warriors care about?

Look at their per 100 numbers

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=JaVale+McGee&player_id1_select=JaVale+McGee&player_id1=mcgeeja01&y1=2018&player_id2_select=Dwight+Howard&y2=2018&player_id2=howardw01&idx=players

JaVale was better at 2s, FAR better on FTs, blocked more shots, got more steals, more assists, and FAR fewer turnovers. The only thing Dwight did better than JaVale was rebounding, which the Warriors didn't really ask him to dominate. AND the Warriors players love JaVale and have expressed considerable disdain for Howard.

It's not like Howard will be getting more than 20 minutes a game with the Warriors and he doesn't fit what they want.

I just don't see it.

honestly dude Ö per 36 and per 100 stats are worthless on such low volume

You are also comparing a guy who played for GS with a guy who played for Charlotte

using your logic McGee should be able to go to Charlotte and play the same minutes that D12 did and perform like he did in GS...

uh ... NOPE!

Ishkabibble
06-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Hearing Boston

Man, there's a fit there and he would fill a need but in the end I don't think they'll be interested.
IMO there's just too much to lose by bringing this guy in.
It's bizarre how Dwight is wrapping up his career as literally a journeyman...and despite continuing to put up good stats.
But one GM was quoted as saying "I would never want this guy around my young players."
I mean, that's a pretty serious indictment.

Scoots
06-24-2018, 10:40 AM
honestly dude Ö per 36 and per 100 stats are worthless on such low volume

You are also comparing a guy who played for GS with a guy who played for Charlotte

using your logic McGee should be able to go to Charlotte and play the same minutes that D12 did and perform like he did in GS...

uh ... NOPE!

Of course, but we are talking about JaVale on the Warriors and Howard on the Warriors, not talking about Charlotte. Howard isn't going to play 30 minutes a night with the Warriors. Draymond Green and Jordan Bell are going to average 20-30 minutes a night at C and those numbers will go up in the playoffs. And if they keep Looney Howard's minutes will go down even more. He's not going to start a lot of games when they play against teams that have more mobile bigs or bigs who are shooters. Howard's only purpose would be to defend other traditional bigs, and that is a dying breed. He's not going to get the ball on the post to "go to work". He doesn't defend like the Warriors want. He doesn't move the ball like the Warriors want. And my guess is he wont take it as well as JaVale did when he doesn't play at all for multiple games in a row. My point was that even with JaVale's issues I'd rather keep him than add Howard, not that JaVale is better than Howard.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Of course, but we are talking about JaVale on the Warriors and Howard on the Warriors, not talking about Charlotte. Howard isn't going to play 30 minutes a night with the Warriors. Draymond Green and Jordan Bell are going to average 20-30 minutes a night at C and those numbers will go up in the playoffs. And if they keep Looney Howard's minutes will go down even more. He's not going to start a lot of games when they play against teams that have more mobile bigs or bigs who are shooters. Howard's only purpose would be to defend other traditional bigs, and that is a dying breed. He's not going to get the ball on the post to "go to work". He doesn't defend like the Warriors want. He doesn't move the ball like the Warriors want. And my guess is he wont take it as well as JaVale did when he doesn't play at all for multiple games in a row. My point was that even with JaVale's issues I'd rather keep him than add Howard, not that JaVale is better than Howard.

so the assumption is that D12s contributions (metrics) wouldn't improve by playing with better players... kinda like how McGees didn't improve when he went to the Dubs... oh wait Ö nevermind

Say he is a bad fit and I will leave it alone... trying to convince me he can't contribute at a greater rate than JM is absurd

Scoots
06-24-2018, 02:49 PM
so the assumption is that D12s contributions (metrics) wouldn't improve by playing with better players... kinda like how McGees didn't improve when he went to the Dubs... oh wait Ö nevermind

Say he is a bad fit and I will leave it alone... trying to convince me he can't contribute at a greater rate than JM is absurd

I DID say he's a bad fit. Several times. I think JaVale is a better fit and I don't particularly want JaVale back.

And chances are Howard could get even less PT than JaVale did last year if he joined the Warriors..

Joemoes
06-24-2018, 02:51 PM
If Dwight went to Boston they could put horford in a Kawhi deal I like horford a lot more but he makes to much money and then the Celtics could be players next offseason for a max contract or two

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 03:06 PM
I DID say he's a bad fit. Several times. I think JaVale is a better fit and I don't particularly want JaVale back.

And chances are Howard could get even less PT than JaVale did last year if he joined the Warriors..

That's all you have to say then... I won't ever argue fit with a fan of a team... I just hate it when people try to rationalize fit with stats.... its dumb :p

Hopper15
06-24-2018, 03:24 PM

Agreed

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 02:35 AM
Dwight's a much better player than McGee but what McGee does in:

1) Not needing the ball

2) Doesn't have an ego

3) His teammates love him

4) Can run the floor and his length gives him an advantage in lobs/putbacks

I wouldn't want Dwight if I am the Warriors either. Dwight might be able to produce more but he's a player who needs at least 10-15 shots per game to be relevant. He'll rebound the ball but he's going to be whining all day long. No one should have to endure Dwight on their team if he can't grow up.

Bostonjorge
06-26-2018, 02:44 AM
Howard in Boston could be a good fit. He can take Baynes and Monroe spots and playing time. The main reason to have Howard is for the inevitable Philly rematch. Philly is waiting and wanting this rematch in May. Especially Embiid. Howard can get that key matchup.

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 03:32 AM
Howard in Boston could be a good fit. He can take Baynes and Monroe spots and playing time. The main reason to have Howard is for the inevitable Philly rematch. Philly is waiting and wanting this rematch in May. Especially Embiid. Howard can get that key matchup.

I don't think that's a bad idea. Horford can really play both positions (PF/C) because he's a very good spacer. The problem is I think Howard would be a bad influence on the rest of the guys. He's not a bad player at all but his personality and ego needs to change if he wants to do anything relevant these days other than being on the trading block every time.

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 06:14 AM

No Howard. Never Howard. He's a team cancer. I'll take Baynes over Howard every day of the week. He's fooled too many people over the years with his freak athletic ability. But he's a bad basketball player and a worse teammate. We don't need Howard to beat PHI. We beat PHI without Kyrie and Hayward. We'll be fine.

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 06:34 AM

1) Not needing the ball

2) Doesn't have an ego

I wouldn't want Dwight if I am the Warriors either. Dwight might be able to produce more but he's a player who needs at least 10-15 shots per game to be relevant. He'll rebound the ball but he's going to be whining all day long. No one should have to endure Dwight on their team if he can't grow up.

JM probably is a better "fit" but GS is probably the only environment that could get D12 to shut the **** up and get in line... worth it? I think so because the gap is closing on GS... If it doesn't work out they can trade or release him.

Scoots
06-26-2018, 09:43 AM
JM probably is a better "fit" but GS is probably the only environment that could get D12 to shut the **** up and get in line... worth it? I think so because the gap is closing on GS... If it doesn't work out they can trade or release him.

The only thing the Warriors want out of their centers is to be ready to dunk, to move the ball, to defend the post, and if possible to switch out on to wings. Howard isn't particularly good at 3 of the 4. The Warriors passed the ball into the post to a big to "go to work" maybe 50 times last year, Howard wants it 20 times a game. It's a terrible fit.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2018, 09:53 AM
i'd like to see Howard in Boston or Philly.

mightybosstone
06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure there's a good location for Dwight at this point. Like Melo, Dwight is who he is at this point, and he seems unwilling to change that, regardless of what stage he's at in his career. The Rockets tried to get Dwight to fit their system and he refused. What contender would want a guy like that getting critical minutes on its roster?

As weird as it sounds, the Lakers actually make some semblance of sense on paper. The team needs some serious help on the defensive end of the floor and if Lebron goes there, he might be the only guy in the league capable of keeping Dwight's antics in check and to get him to play a winning brand of basketball. But the Lakers aren't going to give him some huge contract. They're going to want a second star before looking to add a No. 3 piece (which is who Dwight is at this point). Would Dwight sign for a considerable discount? He's probably going to have to if he wants to keep playing NBA basketball for a contender.

mightybosstone
06-26-2018, 11:16 AM
i'd like to see Howard in Boston or Philly.

Personally, I think he'd be a terrible fit in both places. In Boston, Stevens is going to ask him to do a lot of the little things, and Dwight hates doing anything Dwight doesn't want to do. He doesn't want to fit into a system, and there's no personality on that team strong enough to keep him in check.

And in Philly, Dwight's not going to want to come off the bench for the 10-15 minutes a game Embiid sits. Plus, if you're Philly and you want Embiid to mature as a player, do you really want to bring in the most immature superstar of the last 20 years for him to learn from? That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Personally, I think he'd be a terrible fit in both places. In Boston, Stevens is going to ask him to do a lot of the little things, and Dwight hates doing anything Dwight doesn't want to do. He doesn't want to fit into a system, and there's no personality on that team strong enough to keep him in check.

And in Philly, Dwight's not going to want to come off the bench for the 10-15 minutes a game Embiid sits. Plus, if you're Philly and you want Embiid to mature as a player, do you really want to bring in the most immature superstar of the last 20 years for him to learn from? That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.exactly

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 01:41 PM
San Antonio makes sense if Pop can get through to this idiot.

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 02:26 PM
San Antonio makes sense if Pop can get through to this idiot.

Pop will want nothing to do with this clown.

valade16
06-26-2018, 02:26 PM

1) Not needing the ball

2) Doesn't have an ego

I agree, Dwight has sowed team discord at the last 4 stops he's made. Why rock the boat when McGee is filling the role they need about as good as can be expected?

What good is a superior player in the role you need if they refuse to play that role?

Chronz
06-26-2018, 02:54 PM
Dwight is truly fulfilling his destiny as our eras moses malone

LeonFSU
06-26-2018, 03:01 PM
He's as good as Deandre Jordan or Jusuf Nurkic and better than Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors, and Julius Randle, but finding a fit is going to be tough. Could make sense as a short-term, low cost alternative for teams pursuing Nurkic or Jordan, such as Dallas or Portland, but they might be weary of adding him. Bucks, Wizards, or a Cavs team with LeBron also make sense.

Chronz
06-26-2018, 03:11 PM
He should sign with the nets

Dade County
06-27-2018, 02:03 AM
He should sign with the nets

lol

Storch
06-28-2018, 09:12 PM
He should go to NYK they need a center

ewing
06-28-2018, 09:24 PM

Oquinn opted out no way he takes the vet min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 10:10 PM
He should go to NYK they need a center

Joakim Noah is supposedly healthy.. Not sure what that means but Knicks are paying him an excessive amount of money for the next few years.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 11:37 PM
Oquinn opted out no way he takes the vet min

He could go for the taxpayer MLE ... but I don't think it likely.

goingfor28
06-28-2018, 11:47 PM
Dwight Howard is the largest human being I've ever stood next too. Between his height and his jacked muscles, dude is massive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 12:58 AM
Dwight Howard is the largest human being I've ever stood next too. Between his height and his jacked muscles, dude is massive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's the thing: Shaq even said Dwight had the best vertical ability he's seen for a center. Dwight was truly gifted as an athlete but it's a shame he never cared to develop his game further and I don't know how much him rushing his injury to play with the Lakers ruined his career but his Orlando days had him as a top five NBA player, easily. Dude won 3 DPOY awards by the time he was 25. He certainly looked like he was destined to be a top five NBA center, honestly.

LeonFSU
06-29-2018, 11:35 AM
He could go for the taxpayer MLE ... but I don't think it likely.

I don't think its likely from the Knicks, but I could see it with the Wizards, Bucks, or Cavs (with LeBron). (Maybe Portland or New Orleans, but they could stick with Nurkic and Cousins, respectively). There's not much money out there, especially for teams that could use a veteran center, and Dwight will still be paid a lot from Brooklyn. I could see a 1 year deal.