View Full Version : Kawhi wants out?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Htownballa1622
06-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Per shams. Tweet coming soon.

1007673738148630529?s=19

minato_17
06-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio, league sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1007673677842767872?s=19

What teams are in position to trade for Kawhi?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Woah. Game over, Spurs.. Time to trade him!

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Even though Spurs don't want to trade in their own conference, Lakers have a solid package.. They have to really consider rebuilding for the next few years. Will the Celtics look to trade Kyrie for Kawhi? I wouldn't if I am the Spurs but they may need to really consider rebuilding instead.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Leggo Sixers!

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Leggo Sixers!

Way better offers in LAL and if they trade with the Sixers, unlikely they get a player that helps them compete instantly so it makes zero sense.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:29 PM
I want to hear what KDSpurman has to say about this!

minato_17
06-15-2018, 01:30 PM
San Antonioís Kawhi Leonard has Los Angeles ó preferably the Lakers ó at the center of his preferences for a trade destination, league sources tell ESPN.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:34 PM

This will be fun to watch if it happens.

Htownballa1622
06-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Send him to 6ers or celtics!

Westbrook36
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Way better offers in LAL and if they trade with the Sixers, unlikely they get a player that helps them compete instantly so it makes zero sense.

They'll get that from the Lakers? You don't trade Leonard and expect to 'compete instantly'

Way better offers as well? You can write off Fultz, but he has just as much potential as Ingram.

Rivera
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
i know the Cs made an offer at the deadline, man crazy news.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Oh ****... Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers...

Per... wait for it.. Woj!

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Ian Begley
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
There are more than a few teams who can offer a better package to San Antonio for Kawhi than the Knicks can (assuming they donít include Porzingis), but people close to Leonard have expressed a desire for Leonard to play in New York, per sources.

It looks like Lakers or the Knicks

minato_17
06-15-2018, 01:39 PM
How does Woj get inside scoops? He's like the Usain Bolt of NBA news.

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 01:39 PM
How does Woj get inside scoops? He's like the Usain Bolt of NBA news.

The same way Brian Windhorst gets LeBron news early

mightybosstone
06-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Who has the assets to make that deal work? If he and Lebron team up somewhere, that would be a terrifying duo to play against. Kawhi and PG? Less so, but still a solid start.

Obviously LA is the team that makes the most sense. But what if Cleveland offered up something like the 8th overall pick, Clarkson, Nance, Osman and a future 1st rounder? Could they make a deal like that to convince Lebron to stay? Would San Antonio want more?

Saddletramp
06-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Seems like heís pretty weak minded with hearing things like ďpeople close to him have expressed desire for him to playĒ wherever and how he went ghost last year when he was cleared. Great player but seems like ****ing dope.

mnatiq
06-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Demar, player and picks? lol

FlashBolt
They'll get that from the Lakers? You don't trade Leonard and expect to 'compete instantly'

Way better offers as well? You can write off Fultz, but he has just as much potential as Ingram.

By point is that San Antonio doesn't want to trade within their own conference out of competition purposes. However, Lakers simply have the best offer and they won't be competitive anyways in a trade with Kawhi with his value being lower right now. If they trade Kawhi to the Sixers just to not have to play vs a Kawhi-team in the West, they'll be making a terrible decision for the team. Either way, they won't be competitive so the best option for them is simply to get the best offer. Which team wants to trade for Kawhi when he stated he has preferred the Lakers? Not many will offer his actual value as a player.

FlashBolt
Reports says his team wants him to play for the Knicks.. Damn, Kawhi is going for the large markets.

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Who has the assets to make that deal work? If he and Lebron team up somewhere, that would be a terrifying duo to play against. Kawhi and PG? Less so, but still a solid start.

Obviously LA is the team that makes the most sense. But what if Cleveland offered up something like the 8th overall pick, Clarkson, Nance, Osman and a future 1st rounder? Could they make a deal like that to convince Lebron to stay? Would San Antonio want more?

He only wants LA and NY with LA being at the top of the list

Ps Clarkson and Nance suck lol

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:44 PM

That's actually not a very bad offer from Cleveland

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:45 PM

Nance is alright. I think he'll be more comfortable in the Spurs. Jordan Clarkson sucks, period. Man, watching this dude miss shot after shot while taking shot after shot was just painful. I don't know what NY can offer. They are seriously in a terrible position to be offering anyone anything. Phil really fcked that team up, man.

Saddletramp
06-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Reports says his team wants him to play for the Knicks.. Damn, Kawhi is going for the large markets.

Yeah, heís from LA, right? But he was spending time in NY late in the season/playoffs instead of playing? Sounds to me like his handlers just want to live in the hotspots while leeching off of him. Lost some respect for this dude in the past year.

mightybosstone
06-15-2018, 01:46 PM

I'm aware, chief. But you don't do that deal for those guys. You do it for the draft picks. And the 8th overall pick this season and a future draft pick for a team that could be crap soon if Lebron leaves would be a pretty good haul.

I'm just throwing out possibilities, though. I'd love to see him and Lebron team up in the East somewhere. But I still think LA is the most likely at this point.

Rivera
06-15-2018, 01:46 PM
in a way, i hope the Spurs ship him to Sacramento or Memphis as a middle finger to Kawhi

Htownballa1622
06-15-2018, 01:47 PM
If spurs cave in and send him to Lakers, eff them. That'd pretty much start a pg,kwahi,LeBron big 3.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Yeah, heís from LA, right? But he was spending time in NY late in the season/playoffs instead of playing? Sounds to me like his handlers just want to live in the hotspots while leeching off of him. Lost some respect for this dude in the past year.

I agree.. I think his team just wants Kawhi to make his $40 million per year and then leech off him in the large market/lifestyle. But you know it's coming.. Kawhi is the domino to all of this. If he comes to the Lakers, LeBron will be making his way down there as well.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Switch

I think it all depends where he is willing to resign. I can't imagine teams giving up a lot for a one year rental

GiantsSwaGG
Nance is alright. I think he'll be more comfortable in the Spurs. Jordan Clarkson sucks, period. Man, watching this dude miss shot after shot while taking shot after shot was just painful. I don't know what NY can offer. They are seriously in a terrible position to be offering anyone anything. Phil really fcked that team up, man.

Knicks have SOME assets but the Lakers are in a better position

Ingram
Kuzma
1st

Thatís should be enough for the Lakers to bite

We can offer a package but weíll pretty much mess up the rebuilding process

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:49 PM
If spurs cave in and send him to Lakers, eff them. That'd pretty much start a pg,kwahi,LeBron big 3.

I think Houston resigns Capela and DeAndre comes to the Lakers.

Kawhi
DJ
LeBron

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:50 PM

Yea. Wouldn't shock me to hear that his camp is having huge input on the destination list.

GiantsSwaGG
I'm aware, chief. But you don't do that deal for those guys. You do it for the draft picks. And the 8th overall pick this season and a future draft pick for a team that could be crap soon if Lebron leaves would be a pretty good haul.

I'm just throwing out possibilities, though. I'd love to see him and Lebron team up in the East somewhere. But I still think LA is the most likely at this point.

Now he doesnít have a no trade clause so Spurs can trade him wherever but I wouldnít be surprise if Houston is added to the list. Harden, CP3 & Kawhi = nasty

FlashBolt
Kings are stupid to trade the #2 for Kawhi.. There is ZERO chance they can make a run for the title regardless. This is why teams stay bad..

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Now he doesnít have a no trade clause so Spurs can trade him wherever but I wouldnít be surprise if Houston is added to the list. Harden, CP3 & Kawhi = nasty

Houston has nothing to offer, honestly.

Rivera
06-15-2018, 01:51 PM
in a way, i hope the Spurs ship him to Sacramento or Memphis as a middle finger to Kawhi

my SAUCES !!!!!!! Im the PSD version of WOJ!

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:52 PM

Kawhi
DJ
LeBron

That would be smart for the Lakers, but would they do the smart thing or would they throw it in for PG13? I think they have a better chance of getting past GSW with DJ than with PG TBH.

Driven
06-15-2018, 01:54 PM

Kawhi
DJ
LeBron

That would be pretty awesome because we might be able to get three competitive teams out of the West if Houston can upgrade at all.

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 01:54 PM
That would be smart for the Lakers, but would they do the smart thing or would they throw it in for PG13? I think they have a better chance of getting past GSW with DJ than with PG TBH.

I can see DJ declining faster than PG

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 01:55 PM

True

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 01:55 PM

It's definitely more natural with DJ. Start LeBron/Kawhi at PG/SF and then have Kuzma play SG. I'm sure everyone would be down to play in LAL with those folks so you can get the best of the best free agents who are willing to play for cheap. This news hurts the Sixers if they wanted LeBron. You team LeBron up with Kawhi and I'm confident they can beat the Warriors.

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 01:56 PM
shocker. not.

to Raptors for Derozan and Poeltle

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 01:57 PM
I want to hear what KDSpurman has to say about this!

After the stuff that came out recently, this **** caught me off guard.

I'm walking back from Chick-Fil-A, back to the office and see that alert on my phone. Stopped in my tracks to make sure I wasn't seeing things. :bang: kinda messed up my Friday haha.

I know LA has some attractive pieces, but I'm not sending him where he wants to go at this point if I can help it.

Send him out East somewhere

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:58 PM
Put that LAL superteam talk on hold:

LOL

mightybosstone
06-15-2018, 01:58 PM

I wouldn't say "nothing." A package with Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and picks wouldn't be awful. Or they could pull off a sign and trade of essentially Capela for Kawhi. That being said, I don't think Houston would be a serious contender here. If San Antonio is looking for the best possible package, the Rockets aren't going to be the ones to offer it.

And if you're the Spurs, why would you send Kawhi to a rival in the same conference? Houston just doesn't make a ton of sense.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 01:59 PM
It's definitely more natural with DJ. Start LeBron/Kawhi at PG/SF and then have Kuzma play SG. I'm sure everyone would be down to play in LAL with those folks so you can get the best of the best free agents who are willing to play for cheap. This news hurts the Sixers if they wanted LeBron. You team LeBron up with Kawhi and I'm confident they can beat the Warriors.

I mean in that case we end up a natural landing spot for PG13.

Driven
06-15-2018, 01:59 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23295190/kawhi-leonard-trades-see-san-antonio-spurs-make-nba

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't say "nothing." A package with Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and picks wouldn't be awful. Or they could pull off a sign and trade of essentially Capela for Kawhi. That being said, I don't think Houston would be a serious contender here. If San Antonio is looking for the best possible package, the Rockets aren't going to be the ones to offer it.

And if you're the Spurs, why would you send Kawhi to a rival in the same conference? Houston just doesn't make a ton of sense.

Well, I meant nothing in the sense that I don't think they'll even entertain that kind of offer. It's an offer but you're not going to be able to convince any team that Gordon, Tucker, and some low end picks are going to change your team drastically.

Also, reports say Kawhi felt betrayed by the Spurs and really doesn't care about the money as much as wanting to leave. Yikes... What the hell happened?

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:00 PM

**** Bryant Colangelo

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:01 PM
I mean in that case we end up a natural landing spot for PG13.

This is going to be one fun NBA offseason lol

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:01 PM

Hmmmmm...........

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Spurs haven't been told this directly either as of yet.

I know Timmy/Pop were in NYC reportedly to talk with Kawhi.

Maybe they'll be like Pop/Robinson when Tim almost left to Orlando? :o

warfelg
Well, I meant nothing in the sense that I don't think they'll even entertain that kind of offer. It's an offer but you're not going to be able to convince any team that Gordon, Tucker, and some low end picks are going to change your team drastically.

Also, reports say Kawhi felt betrayed by the Spurs and really doesn't care about the money as much as wanting to leave. Yikes... What the hell happened?

Yet there's a Mannix report that they still want the Supermax. Really sounds like a situation where his camp is leeching off of him.

minato_17
Sources: So far, Leonard has expressed nothing directly to Spurs about future. Lakers and Clippers interest Leonard -- and both teams would move quickly to assemble packages to acquire Leonard. Spurs won't rush. Leonard and his camp had shown interest in $219M super max deal.

FlashBolt

**** Bryant Colangelo

RoCo, Fultz, Saric, 10th for Kawhi.

Philly signs LeBron.

Embiid
Simmons
Kawhi
LeBron

RIP NBA.

warfelg
This is going to be one fun NBA offseason lol

Yea for sure.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:03 PM

Uncle Dennis happened....

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:03 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
3m3 minutes ago
More
Sources: So far, Leonard has expressed nothing directly to Spurs about future. Lakers and Clippers interest Leonard -- and both teams would move quickly to assemble packages to acquire Leonard. Spurs won't rush. Leonard and his camp had shown interest in $219M super max deal.

Since tweets won't post anymore.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:04 PM

Philly signs LeBron.

Embiid
Simmons
Kawhi
LeBron

RIP NBA.

Other Sixer fans think it's too much. Between the report of some not loving Fultz in our FO and with a top 5 player being available, I do it if he signs an extension.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Spurs haven't been told this directly either as of yet.

I know Timmy/Pop were in NYC reportedly to talk with Kawhi.

Maybe they'll be like Pop/Robinson when Tim almost left to Orlando? :o

But then Doc Rivers said Tim's family can't fly to Orlando to watch games and the rest is history...

mightybosstone
06-15-2018, 02:05 PM

**** Bryant Colangelo

In terms of fit, Philly would be perfect. Simmons, Kawhi and Embiid would be downright terrifying.

What could the deal be? Would RoCo and Fultz get it done, or would the Spurs won't another pick thrown in? It's hard to gauge Fultz's trade value at this point, but if the Spurs think he could be the long-term Tony Parker replacement, that's not a bad haul in return.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:06 PM
In terms of fit, Philly would be perfect. Simmons, Kawhi and Embiid would be downright terrifying.

What could the deal be? Would RoCo and Fultz get it done, or would the Spurs won't another pick thrown in? It's hard to gauge Fultz's trade value at this point, but if the Spurs think he could be the long-term Tony Parker replacement, that's not a bad haul in return.

Personally if he signs an extension I would be willing to deal most anything outside of Simmons or Embiid.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Other Sixer fans think it's too much. Between the report of some not loving Fultz in our FO and with a top 5 player being available, I do it if he signs an extension.

How is that too much for a top 5 when healthy NBA player?

Covington is whatever. Fultz is a complete unknown. Saric is a nice player but heís not a star.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:08 PM
But then Doc Rivers said Tim's family can't fly to Orlando to watch games and the rest is history...

Maybe Magic will tell him Uncle Dennis can't fly with the team too :laugh2:

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:08 PM
How is that too much for a top 5 when healthy NBA player.

Covington is whatever. Fultz is a complete unknown. Saric is a nice player but heís not a star.

Covington is a good 3/D player.
Fultz is still a young player with potential.
Saric is a very nice player.
Add in a 10th pick this draft?

I think it's a bit too much if Kawhi doesn't sign an extension.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:09 PM

Based on past trades.....definitely.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:11 PM

Well yeah... any team that trades for him will have to feel pretty good about him signing an extension, considering the package it would take.

Acquiring Kawhi without dealing a blue chip piece is incredible. Stars win in the NBA today, not a group of solid pieces.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Well yeah... any team that trades for him will have to feel pretty good about him signing an extension, considering the package it would take.

Acquiring Kawhi without dealing a blue chip piece is incredible. Stars win in the NBA today, not a group of solid pieces.

I don't think that's the point we are making. It's the fact that you can get a lot from those pieces and they all fit in their system (except Fultz). You simply don't want to get hasty and give up too much for a player who you don't know is even willing to stay. Even if Sixers don't get Kawhi, if they simply sign LeBron and have Covington/Saric and then trade Fultz+10th pick+Bayless, they can get a top talent in the league. There's just a lot of flexibility on Philly's end because they have the pieces. Are they willing to risk all of that flexibility for Kawhi? His uncertain health, etc.?

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Kings are stupid to trade the #2 for Kawhi.. There is ZERO chance they can make a run for the title regardless. This is why teams stay bad..

That's exactly what people thought about Houston trading for Harden. Then he fell in love with the city/team, and the rest is history. If you're going to max him, and Kawhi's going to get maxed, those 8% raises add up. It's up to whoever trades for him to convince him to stay.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 02:17 PM
That's exactly what people thought about Houston trading for Harden. Then he fell in love with the city/team, and the rest is history. If you're going to max him, and Kawhi's going to get maxed, those 8% raises add up. It's up to whoever trades for him to convince him to stay.

What makes you think Kings are capable of doing that? They are a terribly managed franchise.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:18 PM
I don't think that's the point we are making. It's the fact that you can get a lot from those pieces and they all fit in their system (except Fultz). You simply don't want to get hasty and give up too much for a player who you don't know is even willing to stay. Even if Sixers don't get Kawhi, if they simply sign LeBron and have Covington/Saric and then trade Fultz+10th pick+Bayless, they can get a top talent in the league. There's just a lot of flexibility on Philly's end because they have the pieces. Are they willing to risk all of that flexibility for Kawhi? His uncertain health, etc.?

Yes, once again, I said youíd have to be pretty certain he wants to stay before trading for him. Otherwise whatís the point?

LeBron isnít going there, unless someone like Kawhi gets traded there.

Fultz+10 isnít getting you a ďtopĒ talent, unless we have different definitions of top. Fultz is broken. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bj32X-L5-DQ

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Laker fans are you ok with giving up

Ball
Ingram
Deng
Hart
1st

For Kawhi?

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 02:20 PM
What makes you think Kings are capable of doing that? They are a terribly managed franchise.

Never said they could. It's up to whoever trades for him. There will be plenty of teams that will offer up more than the Lakers/Clippers/Knicks can.

GiantsSwaGG
Sign n trade Kuzma & 2nd for LeBron James

Than sign PG

HunterNRoss
Chris Haynes@ChrisBHaynes
Kawhi Leonard isn't concerned about missing out on the supermax, sources tell ESPN. There's a feeling of betrayal that at this juncture, appears irreparable.

KobeOwnSU
Can the Lakers sign and trade Randal? He's a RFA. If they can; Lakers can offer Randal, Ingram, Zubac, and LAL 1st for Kawhi.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
Ingram, Randle, Ball, Cavs pick and lakers #1 next year.

Young players and picks.

aman_13
Would the Spurs trade him to LA? I think they will try to move him out East.

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Ball
Ingram
Deng
Hart
1st

For Kawhi?

I would be ok with this. As much as I like Ball, Ingram and Hart's potential Kawhi instantly gives us the firepower to to get Lebron to come and gives us the cap to get Lebron and George.

GoferKing_
06-15-2018, 02:22 PM
So, Kawhi wants out but officialy or not? Spurs know or not? Why Kawhi fells betrayed?

#2 for Kawhi, would have to think about it.

Westbrook36
06-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Yes, once again, I said youíd have to be pretty certain he wants to stay before trading for him. Otherwise whatís the point?

LeBron isnít going there, unless someone like Kawhi gets traded there.

Fultz+10 isnít getting you a ďtopĒ talent, unless we have different definitions of top. Fultz is broken. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bj32X-L5-DQ

At one point did Fultz shot become broken? Obviously

At the end of the year was it MUCH improved and resembled his previous form to an extent? Yes

Is he working with guru Drew Hanlen (Worked wonders with Beal, Embiid, etc)? Yes

It's almost not even worth defending Fultz at this point..It's the same narrative as when Embiid was hurt..or Saric never coming over..or Simmons can't be a winner because he didn't make the NCAA tournament. I'll bet anything that Fultz has his 3 PT shot back for next season.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 02:24 PM
I agree.. I think his team just wants Kawhi to make his $40 million per year and then leech off him in the large market/lifestyle. But you know it's coming.. Kawhi is the domino to all of this. If he comes to the Lakers, LeBron will be making his way down there as well.

Exactly. Bron gonna be teaming up with Kawai

Burkey3472
06-15-2018, 02:25 PM
While I desperately don't want the Lakers to get Kawhi but Lavar would go nuts if Lonzo gets dealt to San Antonio.

Vee-Rex
If Kawhi is traded, he's going to Boston. Book it.

ZH721
If Kawhi Leonard does become available in trade talks, the Boston Celtics will be interested in probing the Spurs about a deal, league sources tell ESPN. Boston inquired about a trade prior to the February deadline, sources said.

- Woj

This off-season is going to be crazy.

Westbrook36
06-15-2018, 02:27 PM
If Kawhi is traded, he's going to Boston. Book it.

I think Boston and LA are both positioned to land Leonard..The question is..what does Boston offer? Does Tatum have to be included? Will they take Brown + SAC pick + Rozier?

warfelg
Sam Amick

Verified account

@sam_amick
3m3 minutes ago
More Sam Amick Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Also hearing the Spurs have not received this memo from Kawhi. A sign of the divide that his camp chose to take it to the social media streets first via the media...

Quite a few reporters saying that nothing official has come from Kawhi to SAS....this smells of his team driving everything. Kawhi might end up one of those sad stories after retirement that has no money and is doing anything to stay afloat.

IndyRealist
This all has to do with Kawhi being cleared to play when he felt like he was still hurt, and his family getting in his ear, correct? Everyone keeps asking about why he feels betrayed, and no one is answering.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:29 PM
I think Boston and LA are both positioned to land Leonard..The question is..what does Boston offer? Does Tatum have to be included? Will they take Brown + SAC pick + Rozier?

Tatum wouldnít be included. I think it would be something like you suggested. I donít think even Ainge is cold-blooded enough to trade Hayward, and thatís if the Spurs would even want a compete-now star.

IKnowHoops

**** Bryant Colangelo

Sixers should offer GM job to Bron

IndyRealist
While I desperately don't want the Lakers to get Kawhi but Lavar would go nuts if Lonzo gets dealt to San Antonio.

I wouldn't want to do that to San Antonio. Pop might retire if Lavar is around.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:30 PM
David Aldridge

Verified account

@daldridgetnt
28s28 seconds ago
More
Perhaps this is hard for some of yíall to get, but why would the Spurs enthusiastically participate in building a potential THIRD superpower in the west w/GS/HOU by sending Leonard to L.A. forÖwho/what? Or have you forgotten what Indy did less than a year ago with PG13?

They'll bend over the Lakers if the Lakers want him.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 02:30 PM

Philly signs LeBron.

Embiid
Simmons
Kawhi
LeBron

RIP NBA.

Exactly. This needs to happen

Muttman73
06-15-2018, 02:33 PM
Disappointing to hear this, but not surprising.

Saddletramp
06-15-2018, 02:33 PM

Ball
Ingram
Deng
Hart
1st

For Kawhi?

I love how you snuck in Deng.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:35 PM
This all has to do with Kawhi being cleared to play when he felt like he was still hurt, and his family getting in his ear, correct? Everyone keeps asking about why he feels betrayed, and no one is answering.

Uncle Dennis has been in his ear and wanting to market him more and what not. They turned down that Jordan deal cause he wanted more.

There were stories about him still using WingStop coupons (after signing his contract) and still driving a 97 Tahoe cause it stilled worked. Now all of a sudden endorsements and what not are a big deal since his Uncle became his business manager. I can get him being frustrated about the injury, but there's no doubt in my mind his Uncle is the mastermind here

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 02:37 PM

Philly signs LeBron.

Embiid
Simmons
Kawhi
LeBron

RIP NBA.

This is probably the baseline offer, right there. Because for Philly who has cap space, this is a no brainer.

Saddletramp
06-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Uncle Dennis sounds like a snake. Unless Kawhi grows a brain and a set of balls, his future has Antoine Walker written all over it.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:39 PM
This is probably the baseline offer, right there. Because for Philly who has cap space, this is a no brainer.

Yup, and that's a near even salary trade too which means we would still have a bunch of cap space.

koldjerky
06-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Interesting that this came out a week before the draft.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 02:40 PM
David Aldridge

Verified account

@daldridgetnt
1m1 minute ago
More
Paul George made it clear he wanted to play for the Lakers. The Pacers didnít trade him to the Lakers, but they got him out of the east. OKC took the risk on a one-year PG rental. You donít think Philly or Boston (potentially) wouldnít take a similar risk on Kawhi Leonard?

I couldn't agree more with this statement.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't want to do that to San Antonio. Pop might retire if Lavar is around.

They got rid of Stephen Jackson because he became a distraction. A guy they actually liked a lot. They'll want no piece of that circus

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 02:45 PM
I couldn't agree more with this statement.

Though they traded him away because the Lakers didnt offer enough in a trade. Lakers and Pacers were talking trade for awhile. Trade talk broke down so they moved him to the next best offer.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 02:47 PM
This league with GS and HOU in the West, needs Philly to get Kawai and Bron.

s3antana5757
06-15-2018, 02:50 PM
- Woj

This off-season is going to be crazy.

Wonder if the C's would consider Kyrie in a potential deal.

Driven
06-15-2018, 02:51 PM
This league with GS and HOU in the West, needs Philly to get Kawai and Bron.

Lol, why both? One of them would make Philly an instant title contender, and you'd still have competition in Boston. So you'd have two teams in each conference who could make a run at a Championship, and you've still got the Lakers lurking to possibility get a LeBron, Kawhi or PG13 as well.

Ideally, for me, I'd rather spread the wealth. Maybe we can get 5 competitive teams. And it would be nice if one of them was in one of their top three markets - NY, LA or Chicago

Westbrook36
06-15-2018, 02:54 PM

Would SA want Kyrie though? He's due for a large extension and without Leonard on the roster I would expect him to walk after next season.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:57 PM

Absolutely. It depends which direction the Spurs want to go in though.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Would SA want Kyrie though? He's due for a large extension and without Leonard on the roster I would expect him to walk after next season.

They're really high on Murray, great young defensive PG with size. Idk if Kyrie alone would get that deal done.

numba1CHANGsta
06-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Here's an idea. Let's say LeBron tells CLE to trade him to LA and we sign and trade Randle...

CLE gets Deng+Zubac+filler+multiple 1st round picks
SA gets Ball+Randle
LAL gets LeBron+Kawhi

CLE will clearly be in a rebuilding stage, they basically get 1st round picks with Deng and Zubac which is what we want to do with another team anyways. CLE can even trade Love later for more picks or involve him in this trade to SA for their 1st round picks. CLE could walk away with 4 1st picks!

SA stays contending with Ball, Randle, and even Love if they want to give up 1st round picks. Also, they arent stuck with that Deng contract.

Lakers get their two guys with the potential of re-signing them next summer.

warfelg
06-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Sounds like the Spurs have little interest in dealing with LAL:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1007700266517520386?s=21

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:07 PM
If I am the Spurs, I would want Jaylen and Tatum for Kawhi. Gordon is not a franchise changing caliber player and no one else on the Celtics is capable of giving you close to Kawhi's value outside Kyrie (who is still on a one year option and also wants to go to NY). So really, Celtics need to offer more than just Kyrie if that is there plan and I am not sure they should depart with Tatum or Brown. IMO, Celtics should keep the team the way it is. Spurs don't want Gordon nor should they. Signing him was a terrible decision, IMO. He's borderline a top 25 player.

GoferKing_
06-15-2018, 03:08 PM

Exactly

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:09 PM

I know what's the problem and I don't think it has anything to do with trading into the same division. The problem is clearly Lavar Ball. Lonzo has potential but you just can't deal with his father. Lakers likely need to give up more because Lonzo's trade value is pathetic if you take into account that you get his stupid father as well.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Here's an idea. Let's say LeBron tells CLE to trade him to LA and we sign and trade Randle...

CLE gets Deng+Zubac+filler+multiple 1st round picks
SA gets Ball+Randle
LAL gets LeBron+Kawhi

CLE will clearly be in a rebuilding stage, they basically get 1st round picks with Deng and Zubac which is what we want to do with another team anyways. CLE can even trade Love later for more picks or involve him in this trade to SA for their 1st round picks. CLE could walk away with 4 1st picks!

SA stays contending with Ball, Randle, and even Love if they want to give up 1st round picks. Also, they arent stuck with that Deng contract.

Lakers get their two guys with the potential of re-signing them next summer.

You really think Pop wants to deal with the drama that comes with Ball?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
A Lakers superteam would be so good for the league.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
You really think Pop wants to deal with the drama that comes with Ball?

What I thought as well.. Lakers may have to keep Ball and look to trade Kuzma+Ingram+Hart+Deng instead.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:11 PM
A Lakers superteam would be so good for the league.

I pray that one day, Knicks and Lakers will be relevant as great teams again.. A Knicks vs Lakers Finals will shatter records.

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Spurs really wanted Kuzma last year and were supposedly ready to take him had Lakers not taken him. Kuzma a rookie out performed Brown in pretty much every category. They arent exactly the same player but If Spurs are interested in Brown as a big piece dont see how they wouldnt be interesting in Kuzma in the same way.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 03:15 PM
If I am the Spurs, I would want Jaylen and Tatum for Kawhi. Gordon is not a franchise changing caliber player and no one else on the Celtics is capable of giving you close to Kawhi's value outside Kyrie (who is still on a one year option and also wants to go to NY). So really, Celtics need to offer more than just Kyrie if that is there plan and I am not sure they should depart with Tatum or Brown. IMO, Celtics should keep the team the way it is. Spurs don't want Gordon nor should they. Signing him was a terrible decision, IMO. He's borderline a top 25 player.

Hayward was an amazing signing at the time. The freak injury doesnít change that.

Tatum isnít going anywhere. I think the most Ainge would offer is Brown+Rozier+Morris+pick(s).

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Spurs really wanted Kuzma last year and were supposedly ready to take him had Lakers not taken him. Kuzma a rookie out performed Brown in pretty much every category. They arent exactly the same player but If Spurs are interested in Brown as a big piece dont see how they wouldnt be interesting in Kuzma in the same way.

Brown's got more potential as a player from a physical and mental aspect. He's also on a team where he's not able to have the ball as much as Kuzma. People seem to forget Kuzma is going to be 23 when the season starts. That's not a young player at all.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Hayward was an amazing signing at the time. The freak injury doesnít change that.

I'm not sure how paying Gordon $30 million is amazing. I think he's a fine player but are we even positive he'll be better than Tatum next season? If he is, how much better can he be? With how the others have developed, I don't see how Gordon can be as important as he was expected to be. No teams are dying to trade for Hayward. They will cut off a finger to get Tatum or Brown.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:20 PM

Tatum isnít going anywhere. I think the most Ainge would offer is Brown+Rozier+Morris+pick(s).

Depends on the pick(s) offered but you're basically giving Rosier (one year) and Morris (one year) and players with one year left in their contracts are not that great of a deal if you want them long term. Brown is a stud but Spurs are going to need more than that offer. Likely they'll want Tatum instead of Brown just because Tatum has an additional year.

Sofnr
06-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Philly signs LeBron.

Embiid
Simmons
Kawhi
LeBron

RIP NBA.

By the time the playoffs rolled around there would still be 20 people on here claiming Lebron has no help.

Bostonjorge
Lakers vs Celtics Finals is starting to take form

ZH721
I'm not sure how paying Gordon $30 million is amazing. I think he's a fine player but are we even positive he'll be better than Tatum next season? If he is, how much better can he be? With how the others have developed, I don't see how Gordon can be as important as he was expected to be. No teams are dying to trade for Hayward. They will cut off a finger to get Tatum or Brown.

Because he was getting that money from some team one way or another. If every team had cap space last off-season they pretty much all wouldíve maxed Hayward. Heís not an Aaron Gordon/Zach Lavine type max.

Heís the type of player that no question deserved a max. For the Celtics, it was a great signing.

HunterNRoss
Brown's got more potential as a player from a physical and mental aspect. He's also on a team where he's not able to have the ball as much as Kuzma. People seem to forget Kuzma is going to be 23 when the season starts. That's not a young player at all.

Brown will be 22. It's not like Brown is 19 or 20. There is 1 year difference in age between the two. I can understand the point where Brown wasnt as big of a player for the Celtics but I can see both Kuzma and Brown having the same potential moving forward. Kuzma being 21/22 as a rookie was part of why he slid to later first. Maybe I am a little biased being a laker fan but Kuzma and Brown have very similar paths to success moving forward.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:22 PM
By the time the playoffs rolled around there would still be 20 people on here claiming Lebron has no help.

If teammates don't perform, it's the truth.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Depends on the pick(s) offered but you're basically giving Rosier (one year) and Morris (one year) and players with one year left in their contracts are not that great of a deal if you want them long term. Brown is a stud but Spurs are going to need more than that offer. Likely they'll want Tatum instead of Brown just because Tatum has an additional year.

Theyíre not getting Tatum though lol. Ainge wonít trade him.

Rozier showed his worth. Some team will pay him. If the Spurs like him enough, itís not a one year thing. Morris is just a throw in and salary match kind of guy.

Iím not saying thatís the winning deal, just saying itís likely what will be on the table.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Was exactly 4 years ago today Kawhi was named Finals MVP too...

ZH721
06-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Brown will be 22. It's not like Brown is 19 or 20. There is 1 year difference in age between the two. I can understand the point where Brown wasnt as big of a player for the Celtics but I can see both Kuzma and Brown having the same potential moving forward. Kuzma being 21/22 as a rookie was part of why he slid to later first. Maybe I am a little biased being a laker fan but Kuzma and Brown have very similar paths to success moving forward.

Brown is the far superior athlete, with elite defensive potential.

I really like Kuzma but I donít see how you can say they have the same potential. Brownís ceiling is ginormous.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Was exactly 4 years ago today Kawhi was named Finals MVP too...

would've never seen any of this happening, too. Kawhi out of all players.. makes you appreciate Timmy D more that he stayed with a franchise for 20 seasons and you never heard a peep.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:30 PM

Disagree on their potential as players. Jaylen's got a shot to be a tier 2 level player the likes of Jimmy Butler. Kyle Kuzma is in that tier 3'ish spot like Harrison Barnes or something.

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Trade em to the Magic

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Disagree on their potential as players. Jaylen's got a shot to be a tier 2 level player the likes of Jimmy Butler. Kyle Kuzma is in that tier 3'ish spot like Harrison Barnes or something.

I understand your points. Just personally think they are a little closer. Plus Lakers also have Brandon Ingram who has more potential then both Kuzman and Brown. Younger then both. Didnt play as much last season but numbers were similar to Brown/Kuzma though less games played. I just dont see how people are saying Lakers dont have good enough trade pieces for San Antonio consider them.

numba1CHANGsta
06-15-2018, 03:41 PM

Lmao Kuz would merk all over Brown.

Vinny642
06-15-2018, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't hate him in NO

Bostonjorge
06-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Kuzma is a best X factor in the league. Whenís heís on he turns into a elite scorer from all over the court. Nothing bad to say about him.

Brown was just Boston playoffs leading scorer. Imagine if he was healthy?

Lakers vs Celtics finals

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 03:55 PM
I understand your points. Just personally think they are a little closer. Plus Lakers also have Brandon Ingram who has more potential then both Kuzman and Brown. Younger then both. Didnt play as much last season but numbers were similar to Brown/Kuzma though less games played. I just dont see how people are saying Lakers dont have good enough trade pieces for San Antonio consider them.

Has anyone said this? I think Lakers have the best offers on the table.

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Has anyone said this? I think Lakers have the best offers on the table.

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn
Indiana had little interest in Paul George trade w/ Lakers -- and that'll be case for Spurs too. Boston gives Spurs best building blocks of assets -- one of young forwards (likely Jaylen Brown), its own 18 pick/19 protected Kings pick, etc. Lonzo to Spurs? Don't hold your breath.

WOJ said this earlier. I get SA not wanting Ball but both Ingram and Kuzma could be very tempting pieces over Brown/1st

ZH721
06-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Irving
Hayward
Kawhi
Tatum
Horford

Good lord. Iíd love to to see this against the Warriors.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 04:10 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn
Indiana had little interest in Paul George trade w/ Lakers -- and that'll be case for Spurs too. Boston gives Spurs best building blocks of assets -- one of young forwards (likely Jaylen Brown), its own 18 pick/19 protected Kings pick, etc. Lonzo to Spurs? Don't hold your breath.

WOJ said this earlier. I get SA not wanting Ball but both Ingram and Kuzma could be very tempting pieces over Brown/1st

Wouldn't be surprised if they aren't looking to trade him to the same conference tho

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Lol, why both? One of them would make Philly an instant title contender, and you'd still have competition in Boston. So you'd have two teams in each conference who could make a run at a Championship, and you've still got the Lakers lurking to possibility get a LeBron, Kawhi or PG13 as well.

Ideally, for me, I'd rather spread the wealth. Maybe we can get 5 competitive teams. And it would be nice if one of them was in one of their top three markets - NY, LA or Chicago

Iím a Bron fan so

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they aren't looking to trade him to the same conference tho

I can understand that but that is different them making it about trade assets.

THE MTL
06-15-2018, 04:28 PM
I honestly don't trust someone who would leave Pop. Before everyone gets all crazy, just keep in mind that he is leaving best run organization in sports.

I hope he goes to Houston btw.

numba1CHANGsta
06-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Cant wait to laugh at the faces of every Boston fan when Kyrie and Kawhi leave next summer while losing Brown/Tatum and picks for nothing and still lose to the Warriors :D

Jeffy25
06-15-2018, 04:42 PM

That's a fair offer, and the Cavs would have:

PG - Hill
SG - Leonard
SF - James
PF - Love
C - Thompson

Bench of Smith, Korver, Hood, Calderon, etc.

They could add another big for the MLE and probably fall under the cap. Spurs have short and long term assets.

Cavs in the mix with the Celtics for the East title.

numba1CHANGsta
06-15-2018, 04:49 PM
that's a fair offer, and the cavs would have:

Pg - hill
sg - leonard
sf - james
pf - love
c - thompson

bench of smith, korver, hood, calderon, etc.

They could add another big for the mle and probably fall under the cap. Spurs have short and long term assets.

Cavs in the mix with the celtics for the east title.

lolololol

Vee-Rex
06-15-2018, 05:00 PM

PG - Hill
SG - Leonard
SF - James
PF - Love
C - Thompson

They could add another big for the MLE and probably fall under the cap. Spurs have short and long term assets.

I'd try everything in my power to keep Nance. Swap him out for Zizic and I'd be happy, but I'd cave in if the Spurs wouldn't give up Leonard without Nance. No way do I decline that offer if I'm the Cavs.

I'd look to trade Love as well. Maybe Portland would want some better balance to their roster and take a Love/McCollum swap. Love went to high school in Oregon and loves it there. Whatever it takes - bring in some NEW talent, because reaching the finals in and of itself is no longer the goal. Beating GS is. And Love is such a huge liability in the playoffs. His defense is consistently trash and his offense is inconsistent.

Edit: And for that very reason, I can see teams laughing if the Cavs offer Love for their star players.

Bring The Heat
06-15-2018, 05:04 PM
people hesitant to trade #2 pick for kawhi leonard? i mean that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kawhi Leonard when healthy was arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA behind LeBron James. He's an incredible and absolute game changer/franchise player.

You'd have to bank on the fact that the #2 would become a mega star like Leonard and even better. You have a superstar in his prime and you have to think about trading a 2nd overall pick for him?! lmao i'd give up that and EVEN more to get Leonard.

JLynn943
06-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Kings fan here. I'd gladly trade the 2nd if he'd agree to resign here. We have some cap space. Make a little more room and we could make a real offer to another star. It's a pipe dream, but sign me up.

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 05:09 PM
people hesitant to trade #2 pick for kawhi leonard? i mean that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kawhi Leonard when healthy was arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA behind LeBron James. He's an incredible and absolute game changer/franchise player.

You'd have to bank on the fact that the #2 would become a mega star like Leonard and even better. You have a superstar in his prime and you have to think about trading a 2nd overall pick for him?! lmao i'd give up that and EVEN more to get Leonard.

Though if you are Sac do you trade #2 for one year and hope he stays vs #2 potential of being a star and being there multiple seasons.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 05:09 PM

PG - Hill
SG - Leonard
SF - James
PF - Love
C - Thompson

That's a fair offer for who?

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:12 PM

Your explanation is likely the reason why franchises turn to absolute dump when they make trades like these. If your franchise has no shot of retaining a player like Kawhi long-term, you have to play defensive and field better offers. Kawhi as a rental on a team that likely isn't going to get very far is not worth trading for. You're talking about a draft that is stacked in the lottery spots. Ask yourself: Would you trade Doncic for a rental/possibility of having Kawhi? I wouldn't. Would you trade Adebayo? Nope. And we're talking about a Kawhi who is very uncertain and really took a hit in terms of public image the past year. Is he even healthy? Are those around him toxic and can cause problems for a team?

JLynn943
06-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Though if you are Sac do you trade #2 for one year and hope he stays vs #2 potential of being a star and being there multiple seasons.

Without the guarantee, we can't do that trade. You can get a franchise player at #2 and have them for a long time.

Heediot
Damn Kawhi, really disappointing.

FlashBolt
Kings fan here. I'd gladly trade the 2nd if he'd agree to resign here. We have some cap space. Make a little more room and we could make a real offer to another star. It's a pipe dream, but sign me up.

If he'd resign, who wouldn't? But if he's not making that an assurance, anyone willing to trade a #2 pick for a one year uncertain rental is just terrible at managing a team. Heck, you can make a case that if Kawhi is willing to resign, many teams RIGHT NOW would unload their entire roster for him.

tp13baby
06-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Ball did everything he could and he gets traded to SAS where he is the backup and Pop wonít give 2 ***** what Lavar says cause he is the goat.

Heediot
06-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Without the guarantee, we can't do that trade. You can get a franchise player at #2 and have them for a long time.

Pops would be the perfect coach for Doncic.

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
It's going to be Lonzo that goes, but I can't imagine the Spurs would prefer him over Kuzma so it's fascinating to imagine what premium the Lakers will have to pay here. Getting rid of Lonzo solves a whole lot of problems for the Lakers with their pursuit of Lebron.

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 05:18 PM
I honestly don't trust someone who would leave Pop. Before everyone gets all crazy, just keep in mind that he is leaving best run organization in sports.

I hope he goes to Houston btw.
Simmons was lit fam

Bring The Heat
06-15-2018, 05:20 PM

well the assumption that hes willing to resign its a no brainer. If he doesn't guarantee he will then thats a different story. I can't imagine a #2 overall pick is enough to land leonard. There'd have to be a few other pieces involved as well.

HunterNRoss
06-15-2018, 05:21 PM
well the assumption that hes willing to resign its a no brainer. If he doesn't guarantee he will then thats a different story. I can't imagine a #2 overall pick is enough to land leonard. There'd have to be a few other pieces involved as well.

I mean yea if you know 100% he is going to resign then yea you do that trade. I just dont see how Leonard would give that promise to Sac.

Bring The Heat
06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Your explanation is likely the reason why franchises turn to absolute dump when they make trades like these. If your franchise has no shot of retaining a player like Kawhi long-term, you have to play defensive and field better offers. Kawhi as a rental on a team that likely isn't going to get very far is not worth trading for. You're talking about a draft that is stacked in the lottery spots. Ask yourself: Would you trade Doncic for a rental/possibility of having Kawhi? I wouldn't. Would you trade Adebayo? Nope. And we're talking about a Kawhi who is very uncertain and really took a hit in terms of public image the past year. Is he even healthy? Are those around him toxic and can cause problems for a team?

Under the assumption he is resigning long term is what I'm saying and what my post was referring to. It's an absolute no brainer the guy is a super star player. Obviously if he doesn't guarantee that is a huge risk and a bad move to make I agree.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Under the assumption he is resigning long term is what I'm saying and what my post was referring to. It's an absolute no brainer the guy is a super star player. Obviously if he doesn't guarantee that is a huge risk and a bad move to make I agree.

What incentive would he have to sign an extension to stay with SAC, though? That's why it was never even a thought to bring up an extension because it's obvious Kawhi won't sign an extension with SAC - one of the worst and silly franchises in the NBA. Their management are like a bunch of idiots, honestly.

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 05:24 PM
also, Lebron was supposedly going to inform the Cavs of his decision on Wednesday, and now Kawhi finally makes public what everyone and their brother knew was coming but didn't want to believe 2 days later. wouldn't that be something if Lebron has been masterminding this whole fiasco in San Antonio for this very moment.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:25 PM
also, Lebron was supposedly going to inform the Cavs of his decision on Wednesday, and now Kawhi finally makes public what everyone and their brother knew was coming but didn't want to believe 2 days later. wouldn't that be something if Lebron has been masterminding this whole fiasco in San Antonio for this very moment.

Where did you get that info from?

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 05:25 PM
What I thought as well.. Lakers may have to keep Ball and look to trade Kuzma+Ingram+Hart+Deng instead.

Lakers are under the cap, they don't have to trade back salary. Adding Deng makes that offer worse.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Lakers are under the cap, they don't have to trade back salary. Adding Deng makes that offer worse.

Lakers are going to have to unload Deng's stupid contract if they want to attract enough talent for LeBron to come. Adding those young talent to offset Deng's terrible contract is why I did it. Kuzma+Ingram+Hart's potential as players is the only way a team will absorb Deng's contract.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-15-2018, 05:28 PM
The Kings trading anything of value at all for one year of Kawhi would be idiotic.

I think the Kings ownership/front office situation is a mess. I don't think it's that much of a mess. They aren't delusional enough to actually think Kawhi would entertain the idea of signing an extension. Nobody is that delusional.

Heediot
06-15-2018, 05:29 PM

If he masterminded all this, it would be very close to how ***** *** ***** of a move it is vs. KD joining the Warriors.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:33 PM
The Kings trading anything of value at all for one year of Kawhi would be idiotic.

I think the Kings ownership/front office situation is a mess. I don't think it's that much of a mess. They aren't delusional enough to actually think Kawhi would entertain the idea of signing an extension. Nobody is that delusional.

You sure about that?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/report-vivek-ranadive-thinks-buddy-hield-has-steph-curry-potential

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Lakers are going to have to unload Deng's stupid contract if they want to attract enough talent for LeBron to come. Adding those young talent to offset Deng's terrible contract is why I did it. Kuzma+Ingram+Hart's potential as players is the only way a team will absorb Deng's contract.

Are you a Lakers fan? Just because they have to dump him doesn't mean the Spurs have to take him. The potential Sixers offer is still better, and they don't have to send back trash to clear cap room. The potential Celtics offer is better, and it doesn't involve counting on "potential", they have ready-now young players. And either sends Kawhi out of the Western Conference.

Vee-Rex
06-15-2018, 05:39 PM
Are you a Lakers fan? Just because they have to dump him doesn't mean the Spurs have to take him. The potential Sixers offer is still better, and they don't have to send back trash to clear cap room. The potential Celtics offer is better, and it doesn't involve counting on "potential", they have ready-now young players. And either sends Kawhi out of the Western Conference.

Yeah, I think Boston's got the players to get it done, and likely will get it done if Ainge isn't too stingy. This ECF run has been GREAT for them.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:39 PM

I never said the Spurs had to take him, buddy. If maybe you could understand BOTH sides of the situation, you wouldn't ask something stupid. Am I a Lakers fan? Let me do you one better: Are you a Spurs fan? Maybe if you weren't trying to be so argumentative in personality, you would realize that Lakers 1) Want to get rid of Deng's contract, and 2) Spurs need a hefty return to take up Deng's contract.

Of course Sixers and Boston have enticing offers as well. Did I say otherwise? I'm just going by the fact that Kawhi has stated he was interested in the Lakers.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 05:41 PM
The timing is interesting tho, it was like a week ago Woj reported the Spurs wouldn't rush to offer the super max until they knew of Kawhi's health/long term plans. I wonder if it's a power move by his camp

Either way, I know they'll be in no rush do anything. Aldridge wanted out and after a sit down with Pop he was back. This situation is a little different, but who knows.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 05:42 PM
The timing is interesting tho, it was like a week ago Woj reported the Spurs wouldn't rush to offer the super max until they knew of Kawhi's health/long term plans. I wonder if it's a power move by his camp

Either way, I know they'll be in no rush do anything. Aldridge wanted out and after a sit down with Pop he was back. This situation is a little different, but who knows.

Way different, though. Kawhi is on his final season. If Aldridge was on his final season, I think he likely just guts it out and leaves after the season ends.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 05:47 PM

If KL goes to Philly, Bron is going too. And done.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Way different, though. Kawhi is on his final season. If Aldridge was on his final season, I think he likely just guts it out and leaves after the season ends.

Maybe.. I mean Aldridge looked disengaged a lot at times last season, it would've hurt him a lot to play essentially a whole season like that.

They could tell Kawhi to play and move him by the deadline to, there's no rush to do anything aside from the draft stuff. It was reported he would be ready for camp and near 100%

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 06:04 PM
If he masterminded all this, it would be very close to how ***** *** ***** of a move it is vs. KD joining the Warriors.i dont know, i think it would be better than a movie plot and quite impressive

ewing
06-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Great player i don't know what happened in his head but the guy has clearly gone down an indefeasible PATH

Heediot
06-15-2018, 06:10 PM
i dont know, i think it would be better than a movie plot and quite impressive

He is a passive aggressive manipulator, and has a lot of smart people giving him advice.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-15-2018, 06:14 PM
You sure about that?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/report-vivek-ranadive-thinks-buddy-hield-has-steph-curry-potential

Good point

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 06:15 PM
just can't give him credit huh lol
He is a passive aggressive manipulator, and has a lot of smart people giving him advice.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 06:15 PM

So is everyone on hereís wife. WGAF. Way more importantly and what you should be focusing on is that he is an absolute beast on the court.

Bostonjorge
06-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Something bad is happening in SA. First Aldridge wanted out. Then Parker says he will be ok with leaving the Spurs after 17 years. Now Leonard wants out.

Just like Phill in NY. Going to the media donít work anymore and Pop is getting the backlash. Difference is, itís his players exposing the situation. Not any players but the captains of the team

Heediot
06-15-2018, 06:18 PM
just can't give him credit huh lol

I think he's very smart on the court. Gotta give him some credit, but it's probably a group think/tank thing he has with his crew.

Heediot
06-15-2018, 06:20 PM
So is everyone on hereís wife. WGAF. Way more importantly and what you should be focusing on is that he is an absolute beast on the court.

One of the LeBron fat head needs cleaning lol.

Bostonjorge
06-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Also that Philly package is not moving any needles. Using Fuls and a key piece lets SA know that Sixers are not serious about acquiring Leonard.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Something bad is happening in SA. First Aldridge wanted out. Then Parker says he will be ok with leaving the Spurs after 17 years. Now Leonard wants out.

Just like Phill in NY. Going to the media donít work anymore and Pop is getting the backlash. Difference is, itís his players exposing the situation. Not any players but the captains of the team

Nah. Aldridge had nothing to do with that, it was about style of play, and Parker is saying that cause he's not sure if they'll come to terms on a contract. Nothing close to what Phil had going on.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2018, 06:26 PM
One of the LeBron fat head needs cleaning lol.

Dude, you need a new one. You have used that the last 5 times. Thatís all you got for real talk. Just the tail tuck.

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 07:03 PM
I never said the Spurs had to take him, buddy. If maybe you could understand BOTH sides of the situation, you wouldn't ask something stupid. Am I a Lakers fan? Let me do you one better: Are you a Spurs fan? Maybe if you weren't trying to be so argumentative in personality, you would realize that Lakers 1) Want to get rid of Deng's contract, and 2) Spurs need a hefty return to take up Deng's contract.

Of course Sixers and Boston have enticing offers as well. Did I say otherwise? I'm just going by the fact that Kawhi has stated he was interested in the Lakers.

Putting Deng in that deal is incredibly lopsided in favor of the Lakers. I don't see why you would even put that up there against the possible Sixers and Celtics offers, unless you have an unrealistic opinion of Kumza, Ingram, and Hart. Hence, asking if you're a Lakers fan.

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Dude, you need a new one. You have used that the last 5 times. Thatís all you got for real talk. Just the tail tuck.

Damn bruh let homie have his moment

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Any team trading for Kawhi might end up gutting their team, the only team that can afford to do that is the Celtics

Brown
Rozier
Hayward
Protected 1st

That should do it

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 07:11 PM
If KL goes to Philly, Bron is going too. And done.

Which is why Philly will offer anything except Simmons and Embiid. Covington, Saric, and Fultz is about even money with Kawhi (my gawd #1 picks get paid a lot now), so they are $30mil under the cap still. They need to clear the decks for Kawhi and Lebron anyway.

Heediot
06-15-2018, 07:15 PM

True, I did use it before 1 or twice.

At least this one was more of a subliminal and I try to be creative with the fat head thing.

I'm trying to troll jaimec, you the one getting sensitive about it. But you gotta give me credit even when I troll about LBJ, I throw in enough props to him and give more credit vs. others.

WestCoastSportz
06-15-2018, 07:16 PM
They were a playoff team without Leonard, so even if they trade him, they're not going to have to rebuild. They may not be the team that they are with Leonard, but adding another young talent could make them a better team than what they were this past season without Leonard. What is Leonard's trade value going to be like? When healthy, he's a top 3 player in this league, but he hasn't been healthy for the majority of his career averaging just 58 games per season. I'd trade Leonard to the Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng as a filler and the 25th overall pick. Deng could still be a nice player off the bench while Ingram takes over the small forward position. They could take Mitchell Robinson with their own 18th pick and someone like Kevin Huerter with the 28th pick. Dejounte Murray, Kevin Huerter, Brandon Ingram, LaMarcus Aldridge and Mitchell Robinson could be a solid team.

THE MTL
06-15-2018, 07:19 PM

Nothing bad is happening in SA. Still the best run sports organization. And you'll see next year how exposed Kwahi gets without Pop

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Cov/Fultz/number 10 pick and a future pick or cov/saric/10 pick and a future first with 2 seconds... The logic in here is hilarious... The lakers would have to part with kuzma/Ball/Ingram to get KL from pop... He wont send him there unless he rapes them. If I am the knicks and KL will sign a supermax id give up porz for him because then you can get bron as well.

Sixers/Celtics have more than enough to offer... it will be a massive package but it will be worth. I am fine offering everything outside of embiid/simmons...

Sixers have

Saric
Fultz
Covington
Holmes
TJ
10 pick
1000 2nd round picks
Saric
TLC
Their own first this year.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 07:36 PM

Saric is as good as any laker right now... Covington is a better 2 way player than any laker... We also have the 10th pick and our own first where the lakers do not... Then add in fultz... You really need to stop being so delusional when it comes to the lakers... The only way the lakers can match what the sixers/celtics have is all 3 of their guys which would be stupid and not worth... Do you really think POP wants to deal with Daddy Ball after the ******** with KL???

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 07:37 PM
I dont care how much I want to try and win now if I am the lakers you dont give up all 3... I would be willing to give up ball/kuzma but not ingram... It would be moronic unless they legit are getting lebron as well but then say goodbye to any depth and you still dont get out of the west. Lakers finally have a bright future after a few horrid years... Dont **** it up. Same with the sixers/celtics... Depth is what you need to compete. The sixers and celtics can afford it talent wise but man the price is going to be huge.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 07:45 PM
For the lakers to get KL... it will start with any 2 of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball that pop wants... Then you will need probably 2 first rounders.... The notion that you can get KL for Zubac/Randle/ 1 of the above and get out of deng like a few fans think is hilarious... There is no getting out of deng unless you are giving up 1 or 2 of your big 3 by themselves... You arent getting KL and sending Deng out as well in the same deal nomatter how many teams are involved. You are the lakers... Pop doesnt want to ever send **** your way... Some team will drop a ton anywhere else so KL cant force their hand... You think the knicks are gonna say wait he wants to go to the lakers? Welp lets not bring him here for a year and put lebron next to him because his mind is clearly made up.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 07:46 PM
The sixers will likely have to start with 1 of Saric/Covington.... Fultz and both of their first rounders this year which is also the 10th pick.

kobe4thewinbang
06-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Do the Spurs loathe the Lakers so much that they won't do this?

SA gets: Ingram, Kuzma & Randle (S&T) & any picks LA has left (lol)
LA gets: Kawhi

Kawhi makes 20 million next season, so Lakers can either add Randle to sweeten the pot or just absorb the rest of Kawhi's salary once Ingram's comes out (btw, Kuzma only makes 1mil-ish). So you re-sign Randle to like, 12.5-15 million. Ingram makes 5.7 million next season. Plus Kuzma's 1.7 million, leaving about 12.5 million left to account for. Like I said, Lakers can just absorb that, or give Spurs Randle. I think he'd make a fine Spur.

Kawhi > Kuzma
Kawhi > Ingram (but a fine downgrade with potential, think young Kawhi before his scoring/shooting rise)
Kawhi > Randle

Kawhi has enough killer instinct in him to deflect Lonzo's passivity and benefit from it in transition (it would be awesome!). Kawhi also has a nice touch from long range now so definitely more "along in the process" than Kuzma, even though Kuzma has potential. Kuzma has a nice work ethic for the Spurs and so does Randle. Ingram isn't quite Kawhi, not by a long shot, but he did improve last season enough to be a compromise.

If the Spurs do loathe them that much, then I see him going to the Celtics. Mostly because the Knicks do not have much to offer, and 76ers just fired their GM, lol. Not sure who Boston would offer, probably Brown and Rozier at least. I don't see them giving up Kyrie since he didn't even get to play the playoffs last season.

*or*

Clippers could S&T Avery Bradley, who the Spurs were reportedly rubbing chins about last summer. Tobias Harris, Bradley, but I don't know how well Kawhi + DeAndre Jordan would stack up out west, even with guys like Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley (who the Spurs might want, also).

All depends on if the Spurs are willing to strengthen a western foe. Obviously, if the 76ers can put together a front office again in time, then offers I've seen make sense. Covington would be a good Spur, along with Saric (international talent, hello?!) and maybe Fultz would replace Parker since Dejounte isn't quite up to that yet.

Cal827
06-15-2018, 08:26 PM
I think that any trade to LA starts with at least Ball/Ingram or Kuzma. Maybe all 3 and Deng's huge contract for Kawhi. There will be some teams that are desperate enough to basically sell the farm to get him for one year and hope that they can convince him that they can win around him. This isn't a case (at least not yet) that he says he'll only sign to the Lakers in the offseason. This isn't like the Carmelo trade to New York (where he allegedly made it apparent that he would only sign with that team if he leaves via FA); LA pretty much NeedS to acquire him via trade in order for him to be on the team (at least, if they're gonna be aggressive and go get a few stars this offseason).

Be great to see what Pop can do with those young players in his last years. Especially with how each of their games are fairly balanced. Might have a Big 3 of themselves in the future (and all of the Balls, but that's up to what Lavar says)

Jewelz0376
06-15-2018, 08:27 PM
if Iím Magic and Lebron and PG13s people tell me they will both sign if He can get Kawhi then Iím trading whoever I need to. Iíll give them Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram if need be, but they have to take Deng in the trade also.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2018, 08:29 PM
Trade him for Kyrie just for fun.

PAOboston
06-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Don't think Boston will offer up a lot for him considering they might be faced with both Irving and Leonard as FAs in the same off-season.

I think he goes to LA and forms an other super team with LeBron and PG13. I feel like it is almost inevitable at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

KobeOwnSU
06-15-2018, 09:06 PM
The Lakers will unload the Deng contract to Chicago by attaching Josh Hart and the Cavs 1st round pick this season. They will then use cap space to sign LeBron and PG13 with just enough cap to use Randles bird rights and sign him to a long term deal. They will then flip Randle, Ingram, Zubac, and their 2019 1st rounder to the Spurs for Leonard and Green.

Incentives for Chicago: Get two solid prospects in Hart and the 25th pick for essentially one year of Deng. Then they can use his expiring next year to grab another bad contract with young assets attached to it.

Incentives for San Antonio: It is highly unlikely that they will recieve a better offer from a team that isn't guranteed to have Leonard beyond next season. Randle, Ingram and Zubac would be a good package to help retool. Starters would include Murray, Aldridge, Randle, and Ingram. Not to mention a 1st round pick in 2019.

Lakers 2018-19:

Ball
PG13
Lebron
Kuzma
Vet

nastynice
06-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Why eff them? If Lakers can give them the best offer then why would the spurs operate in a way to pacify fans of weak teams?

You didn't say eff the Clippers for sending Paul to Houston did you?

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 09:21 PM

At least this one was more of a subliminal and I try to be creative with the fat head thing.

I'm trying to troll jaimec, you the one getting sensitive about it. But you gotta give me credit even when I troll about LBJ, I throw in enough props to him and give more credit vs. others.I feel bad, I couldn't even tell you were trying.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 09:37 PM
The Lakers will unload the Deng contract to Chicago by attaching Josh Hart and the Cavs 1st round pick this season. They will then use cap space to sign LeBron and PG13 with just enough cap to use Randles bird rights and sign him to a long term deal. They will then flip Randle, Ingram, Zubac, and their 2019 1st rounder to the Spurs for Leonard and Green.

Incentives for Chicago: Get two solid prospects in Hart and the 25th pick for essentially one year of Deng. Then they can use his expiring next year to grab another bad contract with young assets attached to it.

Incentives for San Antonio: It is highly unlikely that they will recieve a better offer from a team that isn't guranteed to have Leonard beyond next season. Randle, Ingram and Zubac would be a good package to help retool. Starters would include Murray, Aldridge, Randle, and Ingram. Not to mention a 1st round pick in 2019.

Lakers 2018-19:

Ball
PG13
Lebron
Kuzma
Vet

No team is that stupid. Deng is literally the worst contract in basketball. Hart isnt going to be a piece teams want for that contract. If the lakers had their pick this year then hart and a top 10 pick might be able to get it done but having a late 1st which is basically a 2nd wont do it. Can the lakers even trade the first this year and the first next year? I thought that was against the rules?

We mentioned above, that some of these deals arenít bad for their current teams because they are rebuilding. So, why is Dengís contract so toxic for the Lakers? They are rebuilding, but hope to fast forward that process this summer by bringing in one or two max free agents. With Deng taking up $18 million in cap space in July, his deal could crush the Lakers dreams. It has been reported that teams are asking for two first round picks in return for eating Dengís contract, or one pick and one of the Lakers prized youngsters out of Ingram or Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers could stretch the cap hit owed to Deng, and Eric Pincus of even suggested a creative option of extending Deng on a partially guaranteed contract before stretching him. But there really isnít a good option here for Los Angeles. No matter what, they are going pay a hefty price to move on from yet another really bad summer of 2016 mistake.

IndyRealist
06-15-2018, 10:18 PM
No team is that stupid. Deng is literally the worst contract in basketball. Hart isnt going to be a piece teams want for that contract. If the lakers had their pick this year then hart and a top 10 pick might be able to get it done but having a late 1st which is basically a 2nd wont do it. Can the lakers even trade the first this year and the first next year? I thought that was against the rules?

We mentioned above, that some of these deals arenít bad for their current teams because they are rebuilding. So, why is Dengís contract so toxic for the Lakers? They are rebuilding, but hope to fast forward that process this summer by bringing in one or two max free agents. With Deng taking up $18 million in cap space in July, his deal could crush the Lakers dreams. It has been reported that teams are asking for two first round picks in return for eating Dengís contract, or one pick and one of the Lakers prized youngsters out of Ingram or Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers could stretch the cap hit owed to Deng, and Eric Pincus of even suggested a creative option of extending Deng on a partially guaranteed contract before stretching him. But there really isnít a good option here for Los Angeles. No matter what, they are going pay a hefty price to move on from yet another really bad summer of 2016 mistake.

I doubt Deng agrees to extra partially guaranteed years to stretch the money out further, as that affects his pay schedule. Currently his 2yr, $36.8mil becomes 5 years at $7.3mil each. The maximum you could extend him is 3 more years, so it would be 12 years at $3mil each, plus whatever you would have to pay him to agree to be extended. I'm guessing another $12mil, so make it $4mil/yr for 12 years. to save $3.3mil in cap space for 5 years.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Any team trading for Kawhi might end up gutting their team, the only team that can afford to do that is the Celtics

Brown
Rozier
Hayward
Protected 1st

That should do it

Ainge wouldnít do that. Take out Hayward, add Morris (salary reasons), and make that 1st the Sac pick. That would be Aingeís max offer.

D-Leethal
06-15-2018, 10:22 PM
Tatum, filler and 2 picks is probably better for BOS to trade. Tatum is better than Brown but Brown can play the 2 and that would allow them to keep Rozier. Don't think Hayward makes sense for BOS to trade or SAS to want.

Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Leonard - Horford is terrifying

kobe4thewinbang
06-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Tatum, filler and 2 picks is probably better for BOS to trade. Tatum is better than Brown but Brown can play the 2 and that would allow them to keep Rozier. Don't think Hayward makes sense for BOS to trade or SAS to want.

Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Leonard - Horford is terrifyinghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRihq0fL9BUIHL6Jvj2qSsvpdzFCfwpS zyq6b5m9d79vy7kwP4Z

Gimme some of that! Warriors/Celtics 18-19 NBA FINALS

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 10:29 PM

Lakers 2018-19:

Ball
PG13
Lebron
Kuzma
Vet
You're obviously trolling. No way anyone takes on that contract for that **** package

Bostonjorge
06-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Ingram, Ball, Randle, CAvs pick and Lakers #1 next year. I donít think anyone will try to beat that deal. Once Lakers get Leonard they can sign his buddy Parker at the same time.

James
Kuzma
Leonard
George
Parker
6th Hart

Lakers vs Celtics finals

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 10:40 PM
Ingram, Ball, Randle, CAvs pick and Lakers #1 next year. I donít think anyone will try to beat that deal. Once Lakers get Leonard they can sign his buddy Parker at the same time.

James
Kuzma
Leonard
George
Parker
6th Hart

Lakers vs Celtics finals

People really think Pop will want the Ball family drama. Lol

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 10:43 PM
The fact that Kawhi's group is trying to keep the Pop/Kawhi meeting from happening is just crazy. They want to be present

numba1CHANGsta
06-15-2018, 10:46 PM

James
Kuzma
Leonard
George
Parker
6th Hart

Lakers vs Celtics finals

umm last time I checked Parker was talking **** about Kawhi's injury so they are far from friends. But the Lakers could sign Rondo instead :)

TrueFan420
06-15-2018, 10:49 PM

I've been saying this to my foolish laker fan co workers. Ball won't be in it, it would have to BI and Kuz.

zookman65
06-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Lakers would be foolish to trade Kuzma and not Ball.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2018, 10:58 PM

yea i said the exact same thing.No way pop touches ball.

KG2TB
06-15-2018, 10:59 PM
If LA wouldnít include ball in the deal theyíre extremely dumb. Considering it could very well mean a KL/LeBron pairing. Theyíd be fools not to. That said, Iím not sure Pop would even be interested in Ball and what he brings with his old man. I think that match would be disastrous.

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Lakers fans are delusional. Trading deng requires a **** ton. Jesus christ. Obama left office years ago (thank the lord). This ain't ****ing cash for clunkers. That **** Ended a long time ago (lookin at you Brooklyn)..

LA_1
06-15-2018, 11:11 PM
Kuzma + Ingram and picks should get it done, then sign Bron and PG. and weíre ready to roll

Jamiecballer
06-15-2018, 11:22 PM
I've been saying this to my foolish laker fan co workers. Ball won't be in it, it would have to BI and Kuz.backwards. I bet my left nut ball is traded rather than kuzma

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Kuzma + Ingram and picks should get it done, then sign Bron and PG. and weíre ready to roll

Can you afford it with keeping deng? That's what? 4 near max players?

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 11:30 PM
backwards. I bet my left nut ball is traded rather than kuzma

You think anyone wants ball? And that entire headache? If I'm a team I'm asking for kuzma and picks to take on deng.

kdspurman
06-15-2018, 11:31 PM
I've been saying this to my foolish laker fan co workers. Ball won't be in it, it would have to BI and Kuz.

yea i said the exact same thing.No way pop touches ball.

Seriously, I'm surprised to see people involving him in any trades scenarios to SA. Do people not know how Pop and Co. operate by now?

Giannis94
06-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Seriously, I'm surprised to see people involving him in any trades scenarios to SA. Do people not know how Pop and Co. operate by now?

Lakers fans. Need I say more? They worship a rapis..nvm.

Think I'm joking? Do your research.

Bostonjorge
06-15-2018, 11:37 PM
Ball is still a asset and Spurs can flip him if they donít want him. Heís a good player and teams will offer other great pieces for him. His skills alone makes him a asset. His name alone is a huge financial benefit to any small market team and that makes him a expensive trade asset for any team.

If Pop donít want to get the most out of this trade and would rather trade him just to spite Leonard, then Pop has truly fallen off and heís letting his ego stand in the way of winning.

Leonard needs to be treated like KG was treated by Minnesota when they traded him. Leonard got that organization a championship. They should honor his accomplishment. If his time in SA meant nothing then they should banish him. Then we can all remember how Leonard truly hated SA and how SA truly hated Leonard.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 11:40 PM
Are you guys forgetting that three-way trades are possible? Ball doesn't have to go to the Spurs but he can be involved somehow still. There's way too many possibilities but let's stop acting as if there aren't numerous options in the market.

D Blue987
06-15-2018, 11:44 PM
If Kawhi states he will only play for LA and nobody else the Lakers will steal Kawhi from the Spurs for peanuts for what he is worth. As it stands right now though, nobody knows where he would likely commit to playing long term. It does seem his time in SA is all but over though.

Jayb587
06-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Lakers fans are delusional. Trading deng requires a **** ton. Jesus christ. Obama left office years ago (thank the lord). This ain't ****ing cash for clunkers. That **** Ended a long time ago (lookin at you Brooklyn)..

Not necessarily a **** ton. It has already been reported that there are teams out there looking to take on salary for a young player or draft asset.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-15-2018, 11:56 PM

I dont understand. Mozgov had more years than Deng and was given away just for D Russell. And the Lakers got back a former all star center and first round pick (Kuzma) in return. Why would Deng require anything more than a couple first round picks? Especially since 1st round picks have become so coveted lately.

Jayb587
06-15-2018, 11:58 PM
I dont understand. Mozgov had more years than Deng and was given away just for D Russell. And the Lakers got back a former all star center and first round pick (Kuzma) in return. Why would Deng require anything more than a couple first round picks? Especially since 1st round picks have become so coveted lately.

He's just a hater. Scared to see the lakeshow on top again

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-16-2018, 12:01 AM
Can you afford it with keeping deng? That's what? 4 near max players?

Max contracts are not near $18 million a year.

And yes they can. All they have to do is extend and stretch Deng, sign 2 max free agents, and sign and trade Randle, to go along with Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, or Hart. Whatever combo of those players that might make it work.

LA_Raiders
06-16-2018, 12:05 AM
I would pack Ingram, kus and a first if they take deng.

LA_Raiders
06-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Leonard and pg would be a good start.

kdspurman
06-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Are you guys forgetting that three-way trades are possible? Ball doesn't have to go to the Spurs but he can be involved somehow still. There's way too many possibilities but let's stop acting as if there aren't numerous options in the market.

I mean I haven't seen any scenarios like that, but yea it's a possibility.

I just think the Lakers are probably near the bottom of the teams they'd be willing to deal him to of the realistic destinations. Not cause of assets, but cause it's the Lakers/Spurs, and a WC rival. (Plus if this goes down, why send him where he wants after the year they just went thru?)

If they do move the him, I would bet there are teams who would gamble on a 1 year rental if it meant getting a player of his caliber.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2018, 12:14 AM

I'm trying to troll jaimec, you the one getting sensitive about it. But you gotta give me credit even when I troll about LBJ, I throw in enough props to him and give more credit vs. others.

Meh

Giannis94
06-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Not necessarily a **** ton. It has already been reported that there are teams out there looking to take on salary for a young player or draft asset.

The grizzlies are looking at packages for parsons and 4. I'd take a player at 4 and parsons over deng and ball. Largely because I don't think ball is that good.

Giannis94
06-16-2018, 12:19 AM
Because I have not faith ball will ever develop a consistent shot. And he's not an attractive player. Maybe next year's first, kuzma would get it done to dump deng

IKnowHoops
06-16-2018, 12:21 AM
if Iím Magic and Lebron and PG13s people tell me they will both sign if He can get Kawhi then Iím trading whoever I need to. Iíll give them Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram if need be, but they have to take Deng in the trade also.

I think Kawai is the biggest piece in this offseason. I think wherever he goes, Bron and Possibly PG13 follows. Can you imagine.

PG Simmons
SG PG13
SF KL
PF Bron
C Embiid

Would love to see the look on KDís face when this lineup rolls out.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2018, 12:33 AM

Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Leonard - Horford is terrifying

Simmons - George - Leonard - Lebron - Embiid is omnipotent.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2018, 12:36 AM
Lakers fans. Need I say more? They worship a rapis..nvm.

Think I'm joking? Do your research.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 your stupid😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂