PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi wants out?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

lakers squad
06-28-2018, 03:06 PM
This is also true, teams throw out a offer and try and meet in the middle, but the longer this go's the less value Kawhi has!

valade16
06-28-2018, 03:12 PM
By waiting a few more weeks? No one is talking about waiting until December. He literally has no reason to rush anything lol. FA hasn't even started.

Pop and RC are being smart and patient. You can call it immature and stubborn maybe cause you want it to happen faster. But them seeing whats available from different teams certainly is the smart thing to do.

While this is true, it's also true the longer you wait the less leverage you have. The closer Kawhi gets to being able to leave, the less his value. People may not pay what the Spurs want for a 1 1/2 year rental, well nobody is going to pay even that for a 1/2 year rental.

SfgiantsJD3
06-28-2018, 03:14 PM
And this too lol. If they want force him to show up to camp, and he decides to sit out all year again, and they get nothing? Well, it's another year wasted of Kawhi's prime.

They certainly could go that route if they wanted. But it doesn't look like it will be that. But yea, they literally have no reason to rush anything.

Well they have to rush it so LeBron and George can make their decisions to go to LA, they shouldn't be able to charge a premium just because LA wants an answer before tomorrow, LA believes there will be no demand after tomorrow.

Spurs see limited supply, absolute need for a decision now raising the price and are acting based on demand and the buyers need. You want him now this is market price today. Next weeks price may be different but LeBron and George may be gone by then and the Clippers may step up.

Lakers have to decide how much he is worth to them now and how much later, if the value is the same why rush the deal to accommodate LeBron.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Still Pops could trade Kawhi to LA. But he could say i'm not taking Deng but i'm taking 3 or 4 of your kids. Then Lakers have no assets to dump Deng for the big3. They be stuck with big 2 and lose to Warriors. Not sure of the price per year if Deng is stretched.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 03:18 PM
By waiting a few more weeks? No one is talking about waiting until December. He literally has no reason to rush anything lol. FA hasn't even started.

Pop and RC are being smart and patient. You can call it immature and stubborn maybe cause you want it to happen faster. But them seeing whats available from different teams certainly is the smart thing to do.

And people think where Kawhi goes has a big effect on where LeBron goes so they want RC to jump quick to help in the LeBron sweepstakes. Stay strong RC, do what's best for your team in your time (as I'm sure you are planning to do), and ignore the internet.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 03:20 PM
While this is true, it's also true the longer you wait the less leverage you have. The closer Kawhi gets to being able to leave, the less his value. People may not pay what the Spurs want for a 1 1/2 year rental, well nobody is going to pay even that for a 1/2 year rental.

But the longer they wait the more pressure on other teams to be the "winner" of Kawhi so they can go after LeBron. Why should the Spurs jump before the last minute? And even then, there is no reason for them to trade Kawhi for what other people think is the best deal ... the Spurs may consider Kawhi being a Laker this year a bad deal all around for their team, so the best deal may be less from another team.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:23 PM

It is the inevitableeeeeeee

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:24 PM
And this too lol. If they want force him to show up to camp, and he decides to sit out all year again, and they get nothing? Well, it's another year wasted of Kawhi's prime.

They certainly could go that route if they wanted. But it doesn't look like it will be that. But yea, they literally have no reason to rush anything.

Resting is waisting your prime? Lol

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm willing to wait it out, the longer it go's the cheaper he gets, the he'll with grandpa king james, I want to keep a team together that is young and can compete for years to come!

Boo yah!

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:26 PM

Right, that's why I said "no one is talking about waiting until December" but rather a few weeks. Trading him at the end of June vs trading him mid or even late July? I'm not sure how that makes a difference. If Lebron and George decide to stay put or go somewhere not named LA? Who knows, maybe LA sweetens their offer and trades for Kawhi in hopes of landing Lebron or George or whoever in 2019.

There is no reason to rush now.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Well the reports say the Celtics didn't even offer Jaylen Brown so there's that.

Lmao ooo ooo KD spurs bosstone wya?

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Resting is waisting your prime? Lol

Missing 2 seasons at age 26 & 27 would absolutely waste 2 years of his prime. It means he's not playing... lol

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:28 PM
Lmao ooo ooo KD spurs bosstone wya?

Have you ever negotiated anything before? Curious

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:29 PM
And people think where Kawhi goes has a big effect on where LeBron goes so they want RC to jump quick to help in the LeBron sweepstakes. Stay strong RC, do what's best for your team in your time (as I'm sure you are planning to do), and ignore the internet.

He absolutely will, regardless of what the LA heads want to see happen.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Still Pops could trade Kawhi to LA. But he could say i'm not taking Deng but i'm taking 3 or 4 of your kids. Then Lakers have no assets to dump Deng for the big3. They be stuck with big 2 and lose to Warriors. Not sure of the price per year if Deng is stretched.

Slow down squirt look up stretch provision 1st before you come to conclusions.

valade16
06-28-2018, 03:32 PM
But the longer they wait the more pressure on other teams to be the "winner" of Kawhi so they can go after LeBron. Why should the Spurs jump before the last minute? And even then, there is no reason for them to trade Kawhi for what other people think is the best deal ... the Spurs may consider Kawhi being a Laker this year a bad deal all around for their team, so the best deal may be less from another team.

Only up until Bron makes his decision. If he goes somewhere other than LA, they no longer become nearly as desperate to trade for Kawhi.

Right, that's why I said "no one is talking about waiting until December" but rather a few weeks. Trading him at the end of June vs trading him mid or even late July? I'm not sure how that makes a difference. If Lebron and George decide to stay put or go somewhere not named LA? Who knows, maybe LA sweetens their offer and trades for Kawhi in hopes of landing Lebron or George or whoever in 2019.

There is no reason to rush now.

My thoughts are Bron, PG and Kawhi are all locked in a staring contest to see who commits to LA first (or gets traded) and once that domino falls the others will as well. The Lakers know this, they know they NEED one of them to commit first to get the other 2.

So the leverage the Spurs have to get a great deal from LA only lasts up until Bron/PG announces they aren't going to LA. Once that's done the Lakers won't be nearly as desperate and won't offer as much because it won't matter if they do or don't get Kawhi, their plan will be ruined.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:32 PM

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Have you ever negotiated anything before? Curious

That's what I'm saying guy, yes. The spurs have to trade kl if not they lose leonard for nothing and before you know it Lakers won't answer the phone unless Deng is involved and it will probably have kuzma and a 2nd Rd pick attached to the trade offer the longer this stalls out. Don't be dumb and think cuz he's under contract he has no leverage. Clearly he does if not then nobody would give much attention to this.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Only up until Bron makes his decision. If he goes somewhere other than LA, they no longer become nearly as desperate to trade for Kawhi.

My thoughts are Bron, PG and Kawhi are all locked in a staring contest to see who commits to LA first (or gets traded) and once that domino falls the others will as well. The Lakers know this, they know they NEED one of them to commit first to get the other 2.

So the leverage the Spurs have to get a great deal from LA only lasts up until Bron/PG announces they aren't going to LA. Once that's done the Lakers won't be nearly as desperate and won't offer as much because it won't matter if they do or don't get Kawhi, their plan will be ruined.

Idk, they could still have that plan. Magic said it's a 2 year thing. So they could still trade for Kawhi, and try to attract guys next season.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:34 PM

I bet ingram would trade himself for kawhi. Lakers can offer Deng and a 1st if they want. Who's gonna trade their best assets for a rental? Lakers in control and theirs a clock ticking in the Spurs fo to start preparing for the new season and it would be nice to have clarity as a coach to know who your personell will be so you know where your going as a team.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:35 PM
That's what I'm saying guy, yes. The spurs have to trade kl if not they lose leonard for nothing and before you know it Lakers won't answer the phone unless Deng is involved and it will probably have kuzma and a 2nd Rd pick attached to the trade offer the longer this stalls out. Don't be dumb and think cuz he's under contract he has no leverage. Clearly he does if not then nobody would give much attention to this.

So you genuinely think a team calls the Spurs, and offers their best package right off the bat eh?

No one is saying they don't have to trade him if he wants out. I'm saying they don't have to do it today. They can wait a few days or even weeks if they want to. It's June 28th, not September 28th.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:39 PM
Idk, they could still have that plan. Magic said it's a 2 year thing. So they could still trade for Kawhi, and try to attract guys next season.

Why trade for him than if we can just out right sign him and stick it to pop by getting nothing for him. Oh that would be sweet.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Lakers trying to form a superteam

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23934073

:laugh2:

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:40 PM
So you genuinely think a team calls the Spurs, and offers their best package right off the bat eh?

No one is saying they don't have to trade him if he wants out. I'm saying they don't have to do it today. They can wait a few days or even weeks if they want to. It's June 28th, not September 28th.

Yes if teams believe he will be a rental 😆
A take it or leave it offer because that's all your gonna get with Kawhi telling the league he will sign with the Lakers in 2019, I know it's a tough break up for you spurs but you need to move on.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Why trade for him than if we can just out right sign him and stick it to pop by getting nothing for him. Oh that would be sweet.

Well, cause things change. What if he ends up with the Clippers? what if he ends up being moved to Philly and is happy there? Also, Wasn't George a sure thing to play with the Lakers too?

The one thing this whole thing should show you, is nothing is guaranteed.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Well, cause things change. What if he ends up with the Clippers? what if he ends up being moved to Philly and is happy there? Also, Wasn't George a sure thing to play with the Lakers too?

George is still a FA nice try tho lol

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 03:44 PM

Oh yeah what are their offers?

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:48 PM
George is still a FA nice try tho lol

I mean it was reported he was gonna stay in OKC.. I'm just saying it's a fluid situation. There is no guarantees when it comes to FA. You should know that by now

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Oh yeah what are their offers?

IDK, it hasn't been reported yet. Windhorst said they're waiting till FA starts too, so. The only ones who appear to have a ton of pressure on them is the Lakers. If they can trade for Kawhi, it's easier to sell Lebron to come.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 03:52 PM

Again, just cause the Lakers have urgency, doesn't mean other teams can't/won't make offers soon. Like I've said over and over (despite some Laker fans disagreeing cause they want Kawhi yesterday), the Spurs have no reason to rush

Silent
06-28-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna feel sorry for all the Lakers fans when they stuck with Ball, Kuzma, And Ingram, When they expecting George, Leonard, And James.

valade16
06-28-2018, 04:05 PM

But why trade for him now if you're not getting anyone this year? There's no need to. If they whiff on Bron and PG this year, they won't trade for Kawhi because they'll just wait for next year when they can sign him outright (or trade for him at the deadline for a cheaper package).

TakeYourL
06-28-2018, 04:05 PM
No one is offering the spurs much of anything for a player that only played in 9 games and is being questioned as a team player and is demanding to be traded to L.A.

Than they just won't trade him until the trade deadline, and the lakers could end up missing out on everyone this off season, and will go back to pretending Lonzo isn't a bum.

How do lakers fans find his so how to understand?

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 04:11 PM
But why trade for him now if you're not getting anyone this year? There's no need to. If they whiff on Bron and PG this year, they won't trade for Kawhi because they'll just wait for next year when they can sign him outright (or trade for him at the deadline for a cheaper package).

The pressure of being a playoff team again.. Kawhi potentially takes them to that level, instead of being a 35 Win team, they could be fighting for a playoff spot. They haven't made the playoffs in like 5-6 seasons.

You're right, they could wait until next year tho. But like I said, if Kawhi is dealt to a place like Philly where he's familiar with Brett Brown and decides he wants to stay? He's also being treated by the Sixers chief medical officer (so there's another connection) Then what do the Lakers do?

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 04:13 PM
TJ Rodney mcgruder and a 2nd round pick down Kawhi, who says no?

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 04:14 PM
I didnít check my phone for an hour and a half and came back to no notifications, must be the calm before the storm.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Again, just cause the Lakers have urgency, doesn't mean other teams can't/won't make offers soon. Like I've said over and over (despite some Laker fans disagreeing cause they want Kawhi yesterday), the Spurs have no reason to rush

Ugh no they don't the spurs have all the pressure Lakers are the Lakers we will be back on top with or without Kawhi, quote me lil nia.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 04:17 PM
If true, it also explains the urgency and pressure felt from the Lakers.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna feel sorry for all the Lakers fans when they stuck with Ball, Kuzma, And Ingram, When they expecting George, Leonard, And James.

I feel sorry for bulls fans. I just feel sorry for them.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:18 PM

Replace kawhi with Klay Lakers stick with their young and sign these guys. That's if Kawhi ends up happy elsewhere, where's the pressure in that?

HunterNRoss
06-28-2018, 04:21 PM

Honestly Id be exciting for to see what they could accomplish. I dont see it as being stuck with young talent. If Ball Kuzma and Ingram continue to grow the Lakers can have a very good force going into next offseason. Trading and signing a big 3 gives us the stars now. Most fans are ok trading them to acquire these guys. Most are also perfectly fine seeing how this group grows together.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:22 PM
So no one has concluded to who is actually feeling the pressure besides pop? Anyone?

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 04:22 PM

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Honestly Id be exciting for to see what they could accomplish. I dont see it as being stuck with young talent. If Ball Kuzma and Ingram continue to grow the Lakers can have a very good force going into next offseason. Trading and signing a big 3 gives us the stars now. Most fans are ok trading them to acquire these guys. Most are also perfectly fine seeing how this group grows together.

No Pressure.😆

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:23 PM

A clue!

ZH721
06-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Replace kawhi with Klay Lakers stick with their young and sign these guys. That's if Kawhi ends up happy elsewhere, where's the pressure in that?

Except Klay isnít signing with the Lakers, and even if he wanted to they wouldnít have the cap space if they keep the young guys. Youíre clueless lol.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 04:29 PM

#HeGone the Joel Embiid edition.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 04:29 PM

And earlier today it was reported Kawhi didn't want to play with Lebron cause he didn't want to deal with the paparazzi/circus/media attention that came with it. Gotta love this stuff :laugh2:

warfelg
06-28-2018, 04:31 PM

Almost like Iíve been saying this for three days and being told no.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 04:33 PM
Almost like Iíve been saying this for three days and being told no.

Haha.. :o

I wonder who was saying no...

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Except Klay isnít signing with the Lakers, and even if he wanted to they wouldnít have the cap space if they keep the young guys. Youíre clueless lol.

Ugh bird rights you have no clue lmao

warfelg
06-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Reports are the Sixers are offering Cov, Saric, 2021 Miami 1st unprotected as a base package.

warfelg
06-28-2018, 04:39 PM
Haha.. :o

I wonder who was saying no...

Exxxxactly.

TheDish87
06-28-2018, 04:40 PM

this makes it really, really easy for the Spurs. jusdt dont trade him to LA no matter what. why help form the next super team in your own conf? it never made sense that they would take any LA offer serious even if they try to fancy it up by calling it a godfather offer which is a load **** anyway

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Reports are the Sixers are offering Cov, Saric, 2021 Miami 1st unprotected as a base package.
Lmaooooo

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:41 PM
this makes it really, really easy for the Spurs. jusdt dont trade him to LA no matter what. why help form the next super team in your own conf? it never made sense that they would take any LA offer serious even if they try to fancy it up by calling it a godfather offer which is a load **** anyway

Lol this guy hate for the Lakers blind him. Re re if the spurs don't trade him he's gone for nothing and will sign with the Lakers get that through your head 1 st than debate.

TheDish87
06-28-2018, 04:43 PM
it literally was just laid out nice and clear for you and you refuse to accept it.

IndyRealist
06-28-2018, 04:44 PM

To get his bird rights you have to trade for him. Do you think GS is trading him? They just won another ring.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-28-2018, 04:45 PM
Slow down squirt look up stretch provision 1st before you come to conclusions.

Still be like $36.8M left for Deng. Either buyout or Stretch your gonna owe plenty of dead cap a few years. I should Know Bucks still paying Larry Sanders and Spencer Hawes. Also there was a report Kawhi may not even wanna be paired up with LeBron. So third star may have to take a little less then max or all three to keep it fair.

Not so sure LeBron is willing to take less then max. 5 years stretched is $7.36M per for 5 years to get to $36.8M. That's a lot of dead weight. Not sure if it can be stretched any longer then 5 years or not. That's a lot of dead cap. Looks like it can be stretched up to 7 seasons or so. $5.26M per for 7 years. Still dead money.

D Blue987
06-28-2018, 04:45 PM
Leverage disappears completely for the Spurs once Lebron and PG13 sign whereever. It is now or never Spurs. Nobody will give anything substantial for a guy who played 9 games and won't resign with anyone but the Lakers. lol.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:46 PM

We know how much the rest of the teams don't want the Lakers on top again but you clearly are a hater that you will rather see kawhi walk for nothing than get traded for the best deal your gonna get, that is out right stupid go somewhere with all that hate bro.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Still be like $36.8M left for Deng. Either buyout or Stretch your gonna owe plenty of dead cap a few years. I should Know Bucks still paying Larry Sanders and Spencer Hawes. Also there was a report Kawhi may not even wanna be paired up with LeBron. So third star may have to take a little less then max or all three to keep it fair.

Not so sure LeBron is willing to take less then max. 5 years stretched is $7.36M per for 5 years to get to $36.8M. That's a lot of dead weight. Not sure if it can be stretched any longer then 5 years or not. That's a lot of dead cap. Looks like it can be stretched up to 7 seasons or so. $5.26M per for 7 years. Still dead money.

Lol nice try, Kobe was making the Lakers 50 million a year in profit as a brand. Hmmm.

You other fans don't know what it is to be a Laker. Quoting Colin Cowherd, "If Lebron signs with any team not named Lakers it will be national news, if Lebron signs with the Lakers it Breaking INTERNATIONAL NEWS.!! The whole planet will know it. Understanding helps a lot.

ZH721
06-28-2018, 04:52 PM

Do you even know what bird rights are? You would have to trade for him.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Come get this guy please.

lakerfan85
06-28-2018, 04:58 PM

Sixers need to hurry up and get that **** done!

ZH721
06-28-2018, 04:59 PM

Throwing out impossible cap scenarios and then trying to deflect away from it. Amazing.

Lakers + Giants
06-28-2018, 05:02 PM

Exactly. We're in a good spot. Strike out this year and get him for cheaper next year. It's not guaranteed, just like PG he can stay on another team, but it's not like we lose if we strike out this off season. Could end up being better if we don't get anything done this off season, assuming we don't pull a mozgov Deng off-season again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-28-2018, 05:04 PM
Lol nice try, Kobe was making the Lakers 50 million a year in profit as a brand. Hmmm

I like how you go from stretch provision like your a cap guru then I give you some numbers. Then you talking about Kobe Brand. Who care's about side profits? Its not even the discussion here. Were all here discussing cap and Deng salary dump trades for a big 3 where ever LeBron goes. Big 2 wont cut it in the west.

LA or where ever. Then you get all huffy cause I suggested if Pops does send Kawhi to LA its for 3 or 4 kids. Then I said you have no assets to salary dump Deng any where other then future late first since with a big 3 be like late 20's.

Then you go all saying know the stretch provision. Well ya divide the remain when they player is stretched by how many season and that's the dead cap you got them years. Or try a buyout. Then hope another team throws him a crazy offer and that difference is subtracted. But doubt Deng gets anything other then vet minimum or retires here on out.

I'll laugh if LeBron stays then PG13 back peddles and gets a new max with Thunder. Then all you got is supposedly grumpy CP3 which is old and injuryprone. Major risk. Then maybe Cousins but he probably wont be the same with that Achilles injury. Then if Pops forces Kawhi as a rental to the east. Then Lakers have to wait a year for him. So then Lakers back to doing one year deals.

TheDish87
06-28-2018, 05:07 PM
We know how much the rest of the teams don't want the Lakers on top again but you clearly are a hater that you will rather see kawhi walk for nothing than get traded for the best deal your gonna get, that is out right stupid go somewhere with all that hate bro.

you make no sense. its pretty amazing too

Vee-Rex
06-28-2018, 05:09 PM
wow that Lakers fan is catching a beatdown in here. Hope the little homie stay away for awhile

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Throwing out impossible cap scenarios and then trying to deflect away from it. Amazing.

So the Lakers won't have the bird rights to lonzo ingram and kuzma?

ZH721
06-28-2018, 05:21 PM
So the Lakers won't have the bird rights to lonzo ingram and kuzma?

They wonít have room for Klay Thompson (if he even wants to leave) if they sign LeBron+George this summer and keep all their young guys. You seemed to think that itís possible. It isnít. Take your L and move on, youíre not helping yourself.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:23 PM
The Laker hate is real they act like there is no way the Lakers will be on top. You guys nit pick at stupid things but won't look at the broader picture. It probably has to do with being part of a fan base limited to the USA. It's a great business move to get exposure as a Laker player because the international attention they receive. If your salary contract pays you 0 dollars your still going to make lots of money because the exposure you will get being a Laker player. You know who Smith is right? Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmer must I go on?

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 05:24 PM

kdspurman
All good with the back and forth here, and difference of opinions, but let's try not and carried away here with insults...

Leftcoast_yg
They wonít have room for Klay Thompson (if he even wants to leave) if they sign LeBron+George this summer and keep all their young guys. You seemed to think that itís possible. It isnít. Take your L and move on, youíre not helping yourself.
Where did I mention them signing lebron and George and using bird rights to sign their guys and klay? Where at squirt ?

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:26 PM
All good with the back and forth here, and difference of opinions, but let's try not and carried away here with insults...

Your a cool dude you know how to be respectful and being able to disagree at the same time. Kudos to you.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:27 PM
What's the hurry pop? Wya Philly and Celtics fans with their better offers?

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 05:28 PM
#*********** stand up!!!!!!

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:32 PM
#*********** stand up!!!!!!
Stop bandwagoning

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Your a cool dude you know how to be respectful and being able to disagree at the same time. Kudos to you.

that's what it's all about... :cheers:

Silent
06-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Lmaooooo

^

Not a chance in hell that package gets Leonard.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:42 PM
that's what it's all about... :cheers:

Yessir. If you indeed land ingram the loss of Kawhi will soften the blow when you see this kid wear his heart on his sleeve when he's on the floor. No one took losing harder than he did. You could tell it ruined his day and he's only 20 years old!!!

ZH721
06-28-2018, 05:44 PM
Where did I mention them signing lebron and George and using bird rights to sign their guys and klay? Where at squirt ?

Right here:

ďSign these guysĒ. The post you responded to directly talked about the Lakers signing LeBron and George.

I told you it wasnít possible because you wouldnít have the cap space to sign Klay and you said:

Bird rights for a player who is not even on your team. Nice.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Right here:

ďSign these guysĒ. The post you responded to directly talked about the Lakers signing LeBron and George.

I told you it wasnít possible because you wouldnít have the cap space to sign Klay and you said:

Bird rights for a player who is not even on your team. Nice.

Lol I didn't even mention George or James in that post. You sir need a hug. The bird rights I was referring to were the young players jack.

Jamiecballer
06-28-2018, 05:52 PM

i don't think that will be the case at all. i think they will still completely do whatever they have to in order to bring him in this year.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 05:53 PM
^

Not a chance in hell that package gets Leonard.

Don't say that to 76ers fans. SARIC is the new dirk according to them.

IndyRealist
06-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Lol I didn't even mention George or James in that post. You sir need a hug. The bird rights I was referring to were the young players jack.

You were asked how you intended to get Klay after you said "replace Kawhi with Klay", and you responded "ugh bird rights". Referring to the Lakers players makes zero sense.

Assuming you did mean that, you probably need to be clearer about what you're saying, because everyone read it the same way.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 06:02 PM
https://twitter.com/trevor_lane/status/1012390305713172481?s=21

So are the Spurs also asking the Lakers to take on a bad contract on top of this offer? Itís kind of crazy how even when the Spurs appear to have no leverage Pop finds a way to give them leverage. He could easily just hold on to Kawhi and trade him at the deadline. If that happens the Lakers miss out on Labron, Paul George and/or Chris Paul.

Silent
06-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Don't say that to 76ers fans. SARIC is the new dirk according to them.

They need to add Fultz, Or there rookie to make the Spurs listen.

Lakers + Giants
06-28-2018, 06:07 PM
https://twitter.com/trevor_lane/status/1012390305713172481?s=21

So are the Spurs also asking the Lakers to take on a bad contract on top of this offer? Itís kind of crazy how even when the Spurs appear to have no leverage Pop finds a way to give them leverage. He could easily just hold on to Kawhi and trade him at the deadline. If that happens the Lakers miss out on Labron, Paul George and/or Chris Paul.

and spurs miss out on Ingram and Kawhi walks for free. Works both ways.

warfelg
06-28-2018, 06:09 PM
They need to add Fultz, Or there rookie to make the Spurs listen.

I agree. Especially since the three guys with similar lines to Zhaire Smith in college: Jimmy Butler, Jaylon Brown, Kawhi Leonard.

Silent
06-28-2018, 06:11 PM
I don't think Leonard will be a laker by friday. Spurs ain't gonna give him up to a rival

And if u believe that you fooling yourself.

ZH721
06-28-2018, 06:11 PM
You were asked how you intended to get Klay after you said "replace Kawhi with Klay", and you responded "ugh bird rights". Referring to the Lakers players makes zero sense.

Assuming you did mean that, you probably need to be clearer about what you're saying, because everyone read it the same way.

He knows what he meant. Just trying to duck out of it now since everyone realized that itís not even possible.

kdspurman
06-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Yessir. If you indeed land ingram the loss of Kawhi will soften the blow when you see this kid wear his heart on his sleeve when he's on the floor. No one took losing harder than he did. You could tell it ruined his day and he's only 20 years old!!!

We shall see what happens. I know he's got game and continue to grow. I'd be concerned with him being used to the LA life and not wanting to stay long term, but that's something that'll work itself out.

SfgiantsJD3
06-28-2018, 06:48 PM

Yes if the Lakers want to wait until next year they can have him for free as long as he fits under the cap and other players will sign w/o him coming to LA.
Really all you need is for LeBron to commit and the rest will follow.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 06:56 PM

Everyone??? It's not my fault you wanna read something that is not their.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 06:58 PM
As a Laker fan and wanting Kawhi on this team, I don't care if Lebron comes or not. Give it a shot but we're not stalling the offseason for his circus.

valade16
06-28-2018, 06:59 PM
i don't think that will be the case at all. i think they will still completely do whatever they have to in order to bring him in this year.

Why would they do that though?

IndyRealist
06-28-2018, 07:02 PM

Let's take a vote. Everybody in this thread, who thinks Leftcoast is referring to Lakers players when he talks about Bird rights here, and who thinks he's referring to Klay?

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 07:03 PM
He knows what he meant. Just trying to duck out of it now since everyone realized that itís not even possible.

Ducking what? Something I didn't say? yeah ok kid.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Let's take a vote. Everybody in this thread, who thinks Leftcoast is referring to Lakers players when he talks about Bird rights here, and who thinks he's referring to Klay?

Let's take a vote and show how Leftcoast is firm in what he said. Let's clear this up for the kids in here. I said if the Lakers cannot get a deal done for Kawhi and he gets traded elsewhere say Boston, and is happy there. I believe the Lakers won't have pressure because of their cap space for 2019 which they can target Klay. How is that team over the cap then? I never mentioned signing anyone except Klay and using bird rights to re sign their young players. Where the cap problem in that?

IndyRealist
06-28-2018, 07:07 PM
I am actually assuming you did mean to refer to the Lakers players, I'm simply telling you what you wrote doesn't read that way.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 07:10 PM

It would not shock me at all if Pop is ok with that.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 07:13 PM
I am actually assuming you did mean to refer to the Lakers players, I'm simply telling you what you wrote doesn't read that way.

It's not my fault someone cannot understand a sentence in plain English because he or she wants to twist my words to benefit their argument. Sad really.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 07:13 PM

If i were the owner of any team he would be fired. Business is business leave your feelings at the door. How dare you compromise the future of my team for your emotions? That don't sound right lol pop thinks with his brain I belive not his heart.

Lakers + Giants
06-28-2018, 07:16 PM

Pop isn't an idiot. I'd be shocked if he let his pride get in the way of that, him of all people.

goingfor28
06-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Let's take a vote. Everybody in this thread, who thinks Leftcoast is referring to Lakers players when he talks about Bird rights here, and who thinks he's referring to Klay?Pretty clear he was referring to Klay imo. At least that's exactly how it reads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ZH721
06-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Let's take a vote and show how Leftcoast is firm in what he said. Let's clear this up for the kids in here. I said if the Lakers cannot get a deal done for Kawhi and he gets traded elsewhere say Boston, and is happy there. I believe the Lakers won't have pressure because of their cap space for 2019 which they can target Klay. How is that team over the cap then? I never mentioned signing anyone except Klay and using bird rights to re sign their young players. Where the cap problem in that?

So when you said ďsign these guysĒ in response to kdspurmanís post, you werenít talking about LeBron and George?

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 07:39 PM

You are honestly getting destroyed my dude lol... Just cut your losses.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TAmPrk1-Vo

So now even Steven A is saying he is hearing the lakers are offering Ingram/Kuzma/Hart and a pick for KL like others are saying as well... But yo its ingram and a pick or nothing right lakers fans?

On top of this they are shopping ball too in recent reports probably to get out of deng. My god if you guys do this and dont get all 3 this is a massive loss to just have KL and Lebron because you will lose to both the rockets and def the warriors. If you give up this much you better get all 3 period. I am not a fan of giving up ingram period but ingram/ball/kuzma/hart/picks is all on the table in 2 trades and that is insanity.

goingfor28
06-28-2018, 08:05 PM
You are honestly getting destroyed my dude lol... Just cut your losses.This

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:06 PM
As a sixer fan id be fine with Fultz or Saric and a covington and that 21 heat unprotected pick plus our recent first who we just drafted.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 08:15 PM
As a sixer fan id be fine with Fultz or Saric and a covington and that 21 heat unprotected pick plus our recent first who we just drafted.

I love L.A. We Love it!

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 08:19 PM
So when you said ďsign these guysĒ in response to kdspurmanís post, you werenít talking about LeBron and George?

I never mentioned them in my post why would you ask if I meant someone I never mentioned? Hmm weird

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:32 PM
I hope the package is saric/cov/21 unprotected pick/our recent first that we drafted... Id rather give up saric over fultz.

Pop will make saric a top 10 player in the league in a few seasons.

valade16
06-28-2018, 08:36 PM

So now even Steven A is saying he is hearing the lakers are offering Ingram/Kuzma/Hart and a pick for KL like others are saying as well... But yo its ingram and a pick or nothing right lakers fans?

On top of this they are shopping ball too in recent reports probably to get out of deng. My god if you guys do this and dont get all 3 this is a massive loss to just have KL and Lebron because you will lose to both the rockets and def the warriors. If you give up this much you better get all 3 period. I am not a fan of giving up ingram period but ingram/ball/kuzma/hart/picks is all on the table in 2 trades and that is insanity.

Magic Johnson is the biggest idiot on earth if he pulls the trigger on a Ball/Deng trade without confirmation that Bron/PG are going to LA.

Now, they could pull out like DeAndre Jordan did. But there is a 0% chance he does that without at least a confirmation from them that they're going.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:40 PM
Magic Johnson is the biggest idiot on earth if he pulls the trigger on a Ball/Deng trade without confirmation that Bron/PG are going to LA.

Now, they could pull out like DeAndre Jordan did. But there is a 0% chance he does that without at least a confirmation from them that they're going.

If they trade for KL and expect bron to come that doesnt mean PG13 is coming. I think if they give up everything and dont get all 3 its a waste but they very well may do it just because of lebron not wanting to play with ball and the fact they could get out of deng. Unless PG13 comes as well I wouldnt do it but they very well might because lebron isnt coming to the lakers with lavar ball still here and pop isnt taking lonzo because of his father so something has to give. If they get KL in a trade and bron promises to come i think ball is gone just to get out of deng and maybe sign something else but if you give up everything and dont get all 3 they arent contending against the warriors.

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 09:24 PM

Says a warrior fan

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Says a warrior fan

lol hes defending magic here dude

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2018, 09:33 PM
lol hes defending magic here dude
By calling him an idiot lol who raised you?

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 09:56 PM

No he isn't. He's getting rid of his father who has stated that Lonzo will leave if they don't sign the Ball brothers. Magic can do whatever the hell he pleases if he doesn't want to deal with his lunatic dad anymore.

L8kers4life
06-28-2018, 09:59 PM

At this point itís all or nothing, I believe the best offer would be Ingram, Randle (s&t), Hart, Wagner and a future 1st and Second. No one can do better than that not even you guys! They get Ingram and Randle they are set. And Pop loves both and both would never leave San Antonio. Ingram is as loyal as they come, I would rather give up Ball and Kuzma and keep Ingram as the PG, but they donít want Ball.

lakers squad
06-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Now I'm hearing lakers have not offered BI, also that they are talking with Denver about taking on salary for a 1st rd pick, also they are offering Ball to the magic for asset's to put in the trade, I'm hearing so much crap, some that contradicts other stuff! There is definitely heavy movement going on between the Lakers and spurs towards talks on getting a deal done! The only other team that's gauging interest but has not made a offer yet is the 76ers, but everything coming out, I don't know what to believe!

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Now I'm hearing lakers have not offered BI, also that they are talking with Denver about taking on salary for a 1st rd pick, also they are offering Ball to the magic for asset's to put in the trade, I'm hearing so much crap, some that contradicts other stuff! There is definitely heavy movement going on between the Lakers and spurs towards talks on getting a deal done! The only other team that's gauging interest but has not made a offer yet is the 76ers, but everything coming out, I don't know what to believe!

Don't believe anyone - even Woj. They are all trying to generate Twitter followers or a following of people so they can get their name out there. Everyone is trying to be the new Woj so as soon as they hear anything from anyone, they take it as a "source" when it's just a random shmuck and his opinion. We will know when it happens and both teams confirm it. ESPN reports one thing and then you have Woj reporting another. It's basically pointless to follow either.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Says a warrior fan

Heís a blazers fan

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:00 PM
A lot of guys overvaluing their players in here.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:13 PM

Donít lose hope Sixers fans! Iím hoping the heat can get it done though! Spurs saying they want to win now could work in the Heats favor with all the other teams offering young guys. Miami has veteran guys they could send as well as young guys.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:14 PM
Also, can LeBron not commit until after July 6th or something? Why that date?

BKLYNpigeon
06-28-2018, 11:28 PM
I think, July 1st is a moratorium for teams to resign their own players and restricted free agents. July 6 is open season on free agents.

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 11:33 PM
I think, July 1st is a moratorium for teams to resign their own players and restricted free agents. July 6 is open season on free agents.

Wrong, as usual.

BKLYNpigeon
06-28-2018, 11:38 PM
July 1: First day of new league year, free agent moratorium begins allowing teams to negotiate with players and reach verbal agreements

July 6: Moratorium ends to start free agency and trades

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/when-does-nba-free-agency-begin-important-offseason-dates-wizards-and-nba

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Well **** get it done wade! Trade whatever it takes although I would live to pair Kawhi and JRich together

BKLYNpigeon
06-28-2018, 11:51 PM

Donít lose hope Sixers fans! Iím hoping the heat can get it done though! Spurs saying they want to win now could work in the Heats favor with all the other teams offering young guys. Miami has veteran guys they could send as well as young guys.

Miami might have enough to get Kawhi. but definitely not enough assets after to get rid of Tyler Johnson and Whitsides contract after.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:57 PM
Miami might have enough to get Kawhi. but definitely not enough assets after to get rid of Tyler Johnson and Whitsides contract after.

Just need to get Kawhi first and go from there. Hereís this tweet about a possible Whiteside move to free up space:

Sounds like some teams are interested in him for a salary dump.

Also saw the Hawks, Kings,Bulls, and a couple others are open to taking guys in salary dumps.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:58 PM

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Spurs have 3 PGs on the roster.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:07 AM
Spurs have 3 PGs on the roster.

How many of them were all stars last year?

nastynice
06-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Find a post or itís just another one of the many things you are wrong about. Again, you must think you represent the warriors. Like if I went to a warriors game and stepped in dog poop, youíd represent the poop. I like what the warriors did and u canít find a post that says otherwise. Sorry troll. Ur wrong here again.

find a post of you trashing kd and the warriors?

No prob, but what happens when I do?

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 02:00 AM

Lololol...no...if they get Bron and Kawaii they are more than fine. They will put the right pieces around them. They def need more than just those two, but there is easily enough talent around to put together a champion if you get to start with Kawai and Bron

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 02:05 AM
find a post of you trashing kd and the warriors?

No prob, but what happens when I do?

Control of sig for next season, but when you donít find anything, you have to suffer the same fate. You have a week...deal?

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 02:31 AM
Lololol...no...if they get Bron and Kawaii they are more than fine. They will put the right pieces around them. They def need more than just those two, but there is easily enough talent around to put together a champion if you get to start with Kawai and Bron

No No there isnt. You actually thought they had a chance against the warriors etc this year and the year before and it wasnt close. You love lebron and so do i but KL is coming off of an injury and lebron is a freak who will be older and they wont have any depth even if they get guys on the MLE... You arent beating the warriors with Lebron and KL and MLE... Sure they would have a shot against the durantless warriors but not these warriors. You people can keep drinking the koolaid... I said it all last year that the warriors when healthy would toy with the league... People say well the rockets were up yea but the warriors were missing Iggy and as soon as cp3 went down look... The warriors are better than everyone and the rockets would still be better than a KL/James lead team BECAUSE THE WARRIORS HAVE DEPTH ALONG WITH A BIG 4... DEPTH MATTERS. Why dont people get it through their heads... The warriors are dangerous because they have a big 4 that can rest because their bench does their thing when they need rest.

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 03:18 AM
Kawhi exaggerated his injury further once TP and Manu called him out. He knows if he was healthy, every team would offer their top assets for him so if he gives the illusion he is injured, teams will lowball the Spurs and that gives the Lakers an opportunity to have the best willing offer for Kawhi so Spurs can't refuse it. I think Boston's hesitation is not so much about the rental but thinking Kawhi may not be healthy and they end up giving a piece of their future for a player who will leave anyways.

basketfan4life
06-29-2018, 05:04 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/981346/Kawhi-Leonard-trade-Los-Angeles-Lakers-deal-Celtics-Brandon-Ingram-NBA-news

It says the lakers haven't included Ingram on any offer yet. Good job, keep the boy.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 05:17 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/981346/Kawhi-Leonard-trade-Los-Angeles-Lakers-deal-Celtics-Brandon-Ingram-NBA-news

It says the lakers haven't included Ingram on any offer yet. Good job, keep the boy.

that is such a terrible link. Just stop, They have included him without fail... There is a ton of false reports out there but they are trying so hard to cover up that they havent included ingram but they have period. That is coming from woj/Steven A and about 9 other actual sources... there is so many reports that its insane right now and most are legit false and trying to cover **** up. The spurs wouldnt pick up the phone wihtout ingram/Kuz. Just stop.

nastynice
06-29-2018, 05:30 AM
Control of sig for next season, but when you donít find anything, you have to suffer the same fate. You have a week...deal?

OK, but you can't be tryina justify hater *** posts...

nastynice
06-29-2018, 05:33 AM

Hold up, was bout to go to 2016 playoffs, this **** only goes 5 pages back...

basketfan4life
06-29-2018, 06:19 AM
that is such a terrible link. Just stop, They have included him without fail... There is a ton of false reports out there but they are trying so hard to cover up that they havent included ingram but they have period. That is coming from woj/Steven A and about 9 other actual sources... there is so many reports that its insane right now and most are legit false and trying to cover **** up. The spurs wouldnt pick up the phone wihtout ingram/Kuz. Just stop.

Cool down man, i don't live in usa, i don't know who says what. I just posted a link.

SiteWolf
06-29-2018, 08:21 AM

https://pics.me.me/lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2018, 08:27 AM
wow that Lakers fan is catching a beatdown in here. Hope the little homie stay away for awhile

Yeah I was close to adding him to the long list of ignored. hahahaha

ewing
06-29-2018, 08:49 AM

How would they know not to pick up the phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
06-29-2018, 09:05 AM

Yet if you look at the article:

Thatís according to Los Angeles Times reporter Tania Ganguli, who claims the Lakers are yet to include Ingram in trade conversations.
Local reporter reporting that the local team didn't try to trade one of their prize assets. Sounds like a leak from the team to keep him from getting too mad if the deal falls through.

In Woj We Trust.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 09:25 AM
Big day today

ZH721
06-29-2018, 09:26 AM
I never mentioned them in my post why would you ask if I meant someone I never mentioned? Hmm weird

They were mentioned in the post you directly responded to. I guess ďthese guysĒ didnít mean them. Right. :laugh2: Hold that L.

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2018, 10:17 AM
They were mentioned in the post you directly responded to. I guess ďthese guysĒ didnít mean them. Right. :laugh2: Hold that L.

That Laker L, good morning.

L8kers4life
06-29-2018, 10:44 AM

There are a ton of reports. I work for the team, the best package we have offered is

Randle S and T, Josh Hart, Ball and a pick. We still have not offered BI, its all a smoke screen. You can say what you think, he has not been offered, and if he is offered, SA will have to take it. Kuzma has not been offered either. As much as you might think we are in a hurry there is no hurry on our end, we may not sign anyone this offseason and just wait to trade for Kawhi at the deadline, he has made it clear he wants to come here. Plus my sense is that LBJ ang PG13 are taking 1 and 1 deals and revisit this next summer. With the young guys we have and Randle being a valuable chip, we will not rush regardless of what reports you hear.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 10:49 AM
There are a ton of reports. I work for the team, the best package we have offered is

Randle S and T, Josh Hart, Ball and a pick. We still have not offered BI, its all a smoke screen. You can say what you think, he has not been offered, and if he is offered, SA will have to take it. Kuzma has not been offered either. As much as you might think we are in a hurry there is no hurry on our end, we may not sign anyone this offseason and just wait to trade for Kawhi at the deadline, he has made it clear he wants to come here. Plus my sense is that LBJ ang PG13 are taking 1 and 1 deals and revisit this next summer. With the young guys we have and Randle being a valuable chip, we will not rush regardless of what reports you hear.

Pretty sure you canít trade Randle in a sign and trade attached with other players and picks.

Oakmont_4
06-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure you canít trade Randle in a sign and trade attached with other players and picks.

You can, nothing preventing it.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:39 PM
You can, nothing preventing it.

Thanks!

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:39 PM
David Griffin says the Lakers will get Cousins and 1 of PG LeBron or Kawhi.

Oakmont_4
06-29-2018, 12:41 PM
Thanks!

The only thing with a S&T is a player becoming a BYC player....Which depends on the contract they get. If they get more than a 20% raise they become a BYC. Randle likely would. This makes them harder to trade but not impossible.

Let's say Randle gets $15M (fair number). He'd be a BYC player. So his outgoing salary to SAS would count as $15M. But LAL can only account for half of that $7.5M. So they would have to include other players to make the money work. Whereas if he wasn't a BYC player the trade could work straight up.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:52 PM
The only thing with a S&T is a player becoming a BYC player....Which depends on the contract they get. If they get more than a 20% raise they become a BYC. Randle likely would. This makes them harder to trade but not impossible.

Let's say Randle gets $15M (fair number). He'd be a BYC player. So his outgoing salary to SAS would count as $15M. But LAL can only account for half of that $7.5M. So they would have to include other players to make the money work. Whereas if he wasn't a BYC player the trade could work straight up.

I see, thanks for the info

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:52 PM

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 01:04 PM

Lol, just find my hater remarks that ur so sure about or I own your sig

IndyRealist
06-29-2018, 01:12 PM

See this I believe. Spurs don't want Ball, so Lakers trying to flip for picks. Possibly allows them to keep Ingram, which would mean the rumor that they never intended to trade Ingram is damage control. They know Leonard practically guarantees Lebron.

Jamiecballer
06-29-2018, 01:14 PM
^ of course. makes perfect sense. even a player more amenable to the spurs, so basically a talented young player without Lavar Ball for a father.

lakers squad
06-29-2018, 01:25 PM
See this I believe. Spurs don't want Ball, so Lakers trying to flip for picks. Possibly allows them to keep Ingram, which would mean the rumor that they never intended to trade Ingram is damage control. They know Leonard practically guarantees Lebron.

It doesn't matter, Bron came out today and said the Lakers trading for Kahwi want make are break his decision, sounds like LBJ is taking the lead and possibly going ahead and signing with the lakers!

lakers squad
06-29-2018, 01:30 PM
This would be huge, it would make PG13 more likely to follow, and Kahwi approached LBJ about teaming up first, so this would probably make him dig in hard about only wanting to go to the Lakers!

LA_1
06-29-2018, 01:32 PM
It doesn't matter, Bron came out today and said the Lakers trading for Kahwi want make are break his decision, sounds like LBJ is taking the lead and possibly going ahead and signing with the lakers!

Bro I canít understand what youíre saying. When did lebron say this?

IndyRealist
06-29-2018, 01:41 PM
Bro I canít understand what youíre saying. When did lebron say this?

I think he meant "Lakers trading for Kawhi won't make or break his decision"

mightybosstone
06-29-2018, 01:46 PM
My hope now is that Cleveland somehow pulls off a trade for Kawhi as last-ditch effort to get Cleveland to stay and Lebron stays a Cavalier long-term. The reality of a Lebron, Kawhi, PG trio is genuinely a little terrifying.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Heat need to jump in and snag Kawhi.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2018, 02:26 PM

My opinion is this... The Spurs want no part of Lonzo and Lavar. So, the Lakers are trying to flip him for assets they can use in a Kawhi trade. It comes down to salary cap as well. Lonzo is owed like $7mil or something like that.

My guess is the Lakers really don't want to include Kuzma in a trade due to his low salary cap. He's also probably a better fit next to Lebron/Kawhi/PG13 etc. So the Spurs probably want Ingram plus more, but not Lonzo. Therefore, LA is trying to get something for Lonzo to include with Ingram in a trade for Kawhi.

I just can't see Pop wanting to have anything to do with the Big Baller Brand lol, so this tweet makes a ton of sense to me. And honestly, Lonzo is almost useless on a super team with Lebron/Kawhi/PG13. Magic knows he has to move Lonzo for trade capital. I think Lonzo as a player has enough value to get such trade capital, but IDK who would want to deal with the baggage attached to him. IDK if Lonzo has enough upside to justify the baggage. He seems like a Ricky Rubio or Rajon Rondo type. I doubt too many teams would want to give up legit trade assets for a player like that with the baggage he brings with him.

warfelg
06-29-2018, 02:31 PM
My opinion is this... The Spurs want no part of Lonzo and Lavar. So, the Lakers are trying to flip him for assets they can use in a Kawhi trade. It comes down to salary cap as well. Lonzo is owed like $7mil or something like that.

My guess is the Lakers really don't want to include Kuzma in a trade due to his low salary cap. He's also probably a better fit next to Lebron/Kawhi/PG13 etc. So the Spurs probably want Ingram plus more, but not Lonzo. Therefore, LA is trying to get something for Lonzo to include with Ingram in a trade for Kawhi.

I just can't see Pop wanting to have anything to do with the Big Baller Brand lol, so this tweet makes a ton of sense to me. And honestly, Lonzo is almost useless on a super team with Lebron/Kawhi/PG13. Magic knows he has to move Lonzo for trade capital. I think Lonzo as a player has enough value to get such trade capital, but IDK who would want to deal with the baggage attached to him. IDK if Lonzo has enough upside to justify the baggage. He seems like a Ricky Rubio or Rajon Rondo type. I doubt too many teams would want to give up legit trade assets for a player like that with the baggage he brings with him.

Yea.....this is a very understated aspect of this whole ordeal.

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 02:38 PM
I find it hard to believe a deal gets done without kuzma, but if Spurs got back 2 1 st rnd picks and a player, that probably gets it done.

And did anyone besides the lakers, not see the whole Lonzo ball issue happening? This was completely predictable a year ago that lakers would be in this situation, someone will take him, because he's a very big guard with court vision, but this entire situation was completely avoidable for the lakers.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 02:43 PM

Increase your offer Miami!!!

kdspurman
06-29-2018, 02:45 PM

IndyRealist
06-29-2018, 03:06 PM

Increase your offer Miami!!!

Does anyone think that if Kawhi goes to Philly that he doesn't stay?

J4KOP99
06-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Lol, who is mike Ortiz

Oakmont_4
06-29-2018, 03:10 PM

I think the only thing that would keep Kawhi anywhere from LAL next year is winning a championship. So whether it's Boston of Philly or wherever, he's a rental unless they can win the entire thing. Then he just may stay.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 03:27 PM
My hope now is that Cleveland somehow pulls off a trade for Kawhi as last-ditch effort to get Cleveland to stay and Lebron stays a Cavalier long-term. The reality of a Lebron, Kawhi, PG trio is genuinely a little terrifying.

Let us have some fun, please. We've waited long enough.

kdspurman
06-29-2018, 03:29 PM

I could see him staying for sure. It's their (Sixers) doctor he's been seeing throughout this injury mess, he's familiar with Brett Brown, and I believe Lavar Ba.. I mean his Uncle Dennis lives in Jersey.

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 03:40 PM

I think if Kawhi goes to Philly, then so is Bron. And they will destroy GS next season

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Let us have some fun, please. We've waited long enough.

oh shaddup lmao! you guys can wait another century and still have more titles than 90% of the league.

Switch
06-29-2018, 03:43 PM
If they win a championship I can see him staying. But they won't they would need more than Kawhi to beat the GSW

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 03:44 PM
I think if Kawhi goes to Philly, then so is Bron. And they will destroy GS next season

Bron doesn't like young players, he doesn't give a crap about philly. And he sure as heck doesn't care to play next to someone like Simmons who doesn't shoot 3s. You have to shoot the 3 to play with bron, he wants his space.

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Bron doesn't like young players, he doesn't give a crap about philly. And he sure as heck doesn't care to play next to someone like Simmons who doesn't shoot 3s. You have to shoot the 3 to play with bron, he wants his space.

He loves Ben and Embiid. Plus Embiid pushes him around in the all star game like a little boy. He wants to play off ball more with someone who can obviously facilitate the ball to him and others on a high level. With Leonard they will dominate GS and he knows that so I think itís a no brainer

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 04:04 PM
oh shaddup lmao! you guys can wait another century and still have more titles than 90% of the league.

lmao. It's felt like a century, I can tell you that.

mightybosstone
06-29-2018, 04:42 PM
lmao. It's felt like a century, I can tell you that.

...Really? Let me put that into perspective for you. Before the Astros won the World Series last year, Houston hadn't won a title in any of the three major sports since 1994. I'm 31 now. I was 8 then!!!!!!!!!

You think eight years is a long time? Try tripling that, and that's what it was like for me. Imagine growing to love sports when you're 7-8 years old because your local team won back-to-back titles and then spending the next 23 years of your life thinking that your sports team peaked when you were 8 and you would never see another championship in your city ever again.

And I can assure you I'm absolutely appreciate of where Houston is as a sports city right now, and I savored that title last year like it was the birth of a child. Because I can appreciate that I could have grandchildren by the time we get another one, and I know there are sports towns in this country who have gone even longer than that without a title.

I love you, LG, but have a little perspective, dude......

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 04:56 PM
Tbh was being facetious.

I'm not joking when I say I'm tired of waiting for us to contend again tho. You alreay know we're spoiled haha.

As for the dodgers. Thanks for beating em last year, and hopefully they do suffer for a century. :laugh:

warfelg
06-29-2018, 05:01 PM
I could see him staying for sure. It's their (Sixers) doctor he's been seeing throughout this injury mess, he's familiar with Brett Brown, and I believe Lavar Ba.. I mean his Uncle Dennis lives in Jersey.

I think that's all the stuff that makes a sales pitch of a good season even easier. I don't even think we have to win it all to convince him to stay. Just a deep run, he makes the ASG, and there's growth with our two stars.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Lonzo has a torn meniscus.

kdspurman
06-29-2018, 06:36 PM
I think that's all the stuff that makes a sales pitch of a good season even easier. I don't even think we have to win it all to convince him to stay. Just a deep run, he makes the ASG, and there's growth with our two stars.

I agree. I felt Philly was a strong play, with or without a title.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Lonzo has a torn meniscus.

How convenient one day before FA. I'd be pissed if I were a Laker fan, this could affect any trades Lakers may need to make

warfelg
06-29-2018, 07:00 PM
How convenient one day before FA. I'd be pissed if I were a Laker fan, this could affect any trades Lakers may need to make

I mean a team could waive doing a physical if they want.

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 07:02 PM
More good news for the 76ers

Switch
06-29-2018, 07:05 PM

I don't think it has any effect on any trades. Its not like he tore his ACL where he'd be out for the season. He'll be ready by training camp

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 07:08 PM
I mean a team could waive doing a physical if they want.

Yes, but that's not the issue. The issue is his value. Team's that might have been willing to take a Ball + Luol Deng package before may be hesitant to so now if they weren't already

Apparently it's the same knee that gave him issues last year. Hmm

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 07:12 PM
I don't think it has any effect on any trades. Its not like he tore his ACL where he'd be out for the season. He'll be ready by training camp

Right, but the timing of this news just seems suspicious. This is an injury that could have possibly happened weeks ago (possibly longer?) and they made sure to break it the day before FA and the around the prime time for Lonzo to get traded as a possible last ditch effort to keep him in LA. Wouldn't be shocked if Lavar had something to do with it

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 07:15 PM
Lmao at Lonzo sabotaging lakers efforts to build their super team.

This off season is so lit. Lavar will do anything to make sure Lonzo stays in L.A. He knows in a place like Denver, he becomes forgotten overnight.

And as if teams needed any reminder of why they don't want to deal with this narcissistic family of kardasian wannabes.

Lakers off season more entertaining than NBA finals.

J4KOP99
06-29-2018, 07:16 PM
The lakers were the ones that released the news... through the media of course. if they wanted to hide this for some reason, they would have. At least for a few more days

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 07:27 PM
The lakers were the ones that released the news... through the media of course. if they wanted to hide this for some reason, they would have. At least for a few more days

Why would they do that literally right before FA though, if true? Wonder if they intend on keeping him after all?

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Why would they do that literally right before FA though, if true? Wonder if they intend on keeping him after all?

because it doesn't affect his trade value at all. Recovery time is right before training camp.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 07:30 PM
such a ****** father and son move... What DBags... And people wondered why i didnt want them and said he shouldnt be a top 5 pick... All of a sudden when lonzo is being shoppped the injury news comes out from what was wrong with ball... That is all Lonzo or has dad trying to keep him a laker. Its smart but a ****** thing to do to the lakers right now.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:31 PM
such a ****** father and son move... What DBags... And people wondered why i didnt want them and said he shouldnt be a top 5 pick... All of a sudden when lonzo is being shoppped the injury news comes out from what was wrong with ball... That is all Lonzo or has dad trying to keep him a laker. Its smart but a ****** thing to do to the lakers right now.

You can't ****in fake an injury tho. It's a torn meniscus, it's not like they can't check that. MRI reveals it, that's not something u can fake lmao...

It'd be different if he were saying his knee felt sore or something, that'd be faking it cuz it would be hard to prove, hell, i hate to go there but even something like a bruised thigh haha. This can't be fakes, MRI proves whether it's torn or not.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 07:31 PM
because it doesn't affect his trade value at all. Recovery time is right before training camp.

it does considering this is clearly him or his dads doing to keep him here on top of its an injury that nobody knows about... Its not going to keep him from being traded but it def will hurt some now because everyone and their mom knows who leaked this and the further headache a franchise will be taking on.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 07:33 PM
You can't ****in fake an injury tho. It's a torn meniscus, it's not like they can't check that. MRI reveals it, that's not something u can fake lmao...

never said he faked it. Lakers didnt report it... He was injured and the lakers never needed to report that he has a torn meniscus... He did and its a legit injury he had... My problem is the ball family leaking this to keep their son in LA and hurt any chance of the lakers building a team through trades or free agency. its a ****** thing to do to any franchise and its wrong.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:34 PM
it does considering this is clearly him or his dads doing to keep him here on top of its an injury that nobody knows about... Its not going to keep him from being traded but it def will hurt some now because everyone and their mom knows who leaked this and the further headache a franchise will be taking on.

I'm not arguing about who leaked it, that doesn't matter tbh, what matters is the legitimacy of the injury, and it's a torn meniscus, you can't fake that. If lakers were really shopping lonzo, other teams were already aware of it as well.

Lavar annoys me too, but this isn't on lavar at all.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:36 PM
never said he faked it. Lakers didnt report it... He was injured and the lakers never needed to report that he has a torn meniscus... He did and its a legit injury he had... My problem is the ball family leaking this to keep their son in LA and hurt any chance of the lakers building a team through trades or free agency. its a ****** thing to do to any franchise and its wrong.

Other teams would be aware of it if they lakers were offering lonzo though. If anything the only people that didn't know were the fans. Which honestly, doesn't matter.

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Other teams would be aware of it if they lakers were offering lonzo though. If anything the only people that didn't know were the fans. Which honestly, doesn't matter.

You don't get the point, of course teams would know, the lakers knew a long time ago, he's probably not even far off from healed by now in all honesty.

But by lavar putting it out to the media, it makes him a much more toxic asset, it drives his stock down, which is exactly what lavar wants, so he stays in L.A.

That's why L.A. Didn't announce this injury a long time ago.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:45 PM
You don't get the point, of course teams would know, the lakers knew a long time ago, he's probably not even far off from healed by now in all honesty.

But by lavar putting it out to the media, it makes him a much more toxic asset, it drives his stock down, which is exactly what lavar wants, so he stays in L.A.

That's why L.A. Didn't announce this injury a long time ago.

So you're acting like teams aren't aware of Lavar? lmfao....

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 07:48 PM
If Lakers leaked this, it may be that they had a trade in place and conducted their own physical and found the injury? Guess its better for this to come out now than after a team trades for him and the trade falls through. Now a team could trade for him while knowing about his injury and Lakers won't have to worry about it falling through?

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 07:48 PM

clearly they are considering the spurs want no part of his son for that reason which hurts his stock as is... Now we have a father/son leaking organizational information about his injury right after his son is to be traded to keep him in LA... If you are any other organization you just realized how toxic this guy can continue to get.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm not denying that lavar leaked this. I'm also not saying he did. I'm saying regardless of who leaked this injury news, it has no effect on Lonzo's trade value at all. If you think teams aren't aware of the baggage lonzo comes with (Lavar), then idk what to say.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 07:52 PM
clearly they are considering the spurs want no part of his son for that reason which hurts his stock as is... Now we have a father/son leaking organizational information about his injury right after his son is to be traded to keep him in LA... If you are any other organization you just realized how toxic this guy can continue to get.

Spurs didn't want Lonzo regardless though, even healthy. They have Murray.

You don't think that was known when Lavar tried to pit the lakers against Luke? This is nothing new. Information being leaked to whom? The fans? teams were well aware.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Definitely affects his value. Read that it's the same knee he had issues with last year. Might make a few teams hesitant on wanting him though I hope I'm wrong

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 07:56 PM

Are you dense?

It has nothing to do with them being aware of lavar, of course they are,it has to do with no GM wanting to be the guy who risks his reputation and his job to trade for a player coming off an injury, after a unimpressive season, with all of his daddy's constant bs.

Maybe a few teams tops were willing to trade for him, after this I'd bet none.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Are you dense?

No, this is Patrick.

It has nothing to do with them being aware of lavar, of course they are,it has to do with no GM wanting to be the guy who risks his reputation and his job to trade for a player coming off an injury, after a unimpressive season, with all of his daddy's constant bs.

Lonzo's injury was known by any team trying to trade for him, that's what physicals are for... Lonzo's unimpressive season is there regardless of him being injured or healthy, that doesn't change. All his daddy's constant BS is already known throughout the league. You're proving my point. EVERYTHING that you've stated is already known about Lonzo and Lavar. That's exactly my ****in point. The fact that you sound shocked by this show's who the dense one is.

Maybe a few teams tops were willing to trade for him, after this I'd bet none.

Any of those teams that were willing to trade for him were already aware of all of this. Whether it's none or not remains to be seen. Were we even going to trade him in the first place if it's so hard to trade him as you've stated? Not likely.

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 08:13 PM
No, this is Patrick.

Lonzo's injury was known by any team trying to trade for him, that's what physicals are for... Lonzo's unimpressive season is there regardless of him being injured or healthy, that doesn't change. All his daddy's constant BS is already known throughout the league. You're proving my point. EVERYTHING that you've stated is already known about Lonzo and Lavar. That's exactly my ****in point. The fact that you sound shocked by this show's who the dense one is.

Any of those teams that were willing to trade for him were already aware of all of this. Whether it's none or not remains to be seen. Were we even going to trade him in the first place if it's so hard to trade him as you've stated? Not likely.

wow, you really have trouble understanding the concept of publicly ruining a stock don't you?

It's not what people know about a stock that drives it up or down, it's what they think. By publicly airing out his injury to the public, his stock goes down.

Yes gms knew all those things about him, but now there is a spotlight on it, which puts a unwanted spotlight on the team/GM that trades for him.

It's called public perception, its a pretty simple concept for most of us.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 08:18 PM
wow, you really have trouble understanding the concept of publicly ruining a stock don't you?

It's not what people know about a stock that drives it up or down, it's what they think. By publicly airing out his injury to the public, his stock goes down.

Yes gms knew all those things about him, but now there is a spotlight on it, which puts a unwanted spotlight on the team/GM that trades for him.

It's called public perception, its a pretty simple concept for most of us.

You are actually incorrect. It's what is known that drives a stock down, not what they think. If you're into stocks, i feel sorry for you. You sell at any little dip you see and buy at the peak huh? :laugh2: That's where you have it all wrong.

By publicly, stating it his stock goes down. Amongst who? The public? who have no control over the matter? We don't matter in this scenario. The GMs and FOs are the ones that matter. They're the ones that are know of the injuries way before we even knew it. Us knowing this has no effect on this at all.

Public perception has no effect here, we don't dictate anything when it comes to trades.

TakeYourL
06-29-2018, 08:23 PM
You are actually incorrect. It's what is known that drives a stock down, not what they think. If you're into stocks, i feel sorry for you. You sell at any little dip you see and buy at the peak huh? :laugh2: That's where you have it all wrong.

By publicly, stating it his stock goes down. Amongst who? The public? who have no control over the matter? We don't matter in this scenario. The GMs and FOs are the ones that matter. They're the ones that are know of the injuries way before we even knew it. Us knowing this has no effect on this at all.

Public perception has no effect here, we don't dictate anything when it comes to trades.

Yeah ok, than why didn't the lakers announce his injury months ago when they knew about it?

Maybe because they didn't want to drive down his stock?

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Yeah ok, than why didn't the lakers announce his injury months ago when they knew about it?

Why announce what's already known amongst teams interested in lonzo?

The lakers would have to inform the other teams, if not the physical would reveal the torn meniscus as soon as they do an MRI.

It's really not complicated.

If anything, why announce it at all if he's being traded?

So zo could pull a lamar odom and ***** about being included in trades?

lakerfan85
06-29-2018, 11:32 PM

You should follow your screen name and move along now..

R. Johnson#3
06-29-2018, 11:44 PM
Watch Masai is pull this one off for the Raps.

GREATNESS ONE
06-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Kawhi gets traded today.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2018, 11:21 AM
Kawhi gets traded today.

Hopefully to the 76ers

GREATNESS ONE
06-30-2018, 11:24 AM
Hopefully to the 76:ers

;) I'll save you a Purple and Gold seat here in the Lakers forum.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2018, 11:27 AM
I'm seeing it was a month's ago injury being reported yesterday? Shams got paid off to report it :)

IKnowHoops
06-30-2018, 11:28 AM
;) I'll save you a Purple and Gold seat here in the Lakers forum.

Iíll be happy for ya, but this league needs

PG Simmons
SG Fultz
SF KL
PF Bron
C. Embiid

In order to give GS a proper Azz whooping in the finals.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2018, 11:45 AM
Kawhi gets traded today.

Maybe for Simmons. Cant picture Pops accepting anything less like Fultz and either Covington or Bayless. Even as a rental.

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Did you guys know Kawhi is a crackhead?

IKnowHoops
06-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Maybe for Simmons. Cant picture Pops accepting anything less like Fultz and either Covington or Bayless. Even as a rental.

They have multiple 1st round pics

warfelg
06-30-2018, 12:12 PM

LOL. That's all.

Vinylman
06-30-2018, 12:17 PM
I have a feeling if they trade him it is going to be to someone out of left field. Someone who doesn't have anything to lose even if he leaves (Toronto, Dallas, Portland).

Jamiecballer
06-30-2018, 12:18 PM
I have a feeling if they trade him it is going to be to someone out of left field. Someone who doesn't have anything to lose even if he leaves (Toronto, Dallas, Portland).

that's what i'm hoping :)

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2018, 12:25 PM

I could see them trading him to Portland for McCullum. Could be beneficial for both teams.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2018, 12:26 PM
LOL. That's all.

Well Fultz is a bit of a unknown and unproven player yet. Kinda of a risk almost for Pops. Covington crashed and burned in the playoffs. Bayless is nothing but a salary filler at this point.

Pick Swaps

2019 ó Boston Celtics receive higher of the Sacramento Kings and Sixers first-rounders (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
2019 ó Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
2020 ó Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
2020 ó Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
2020 ó Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
2021 ó Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
2021 ó Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
2021 ó Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).
2023 ó Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/philadelphia-76ers-team-salary/

Picks don't look to exciting. Heat will be pushing for playoffs long as Pat is still there in 2021. Celtics get the higher pick of Kings and 76ers picks. Unless Pops settles for Saric and Fultz and Covington. I bet most likely Pops re-flips Fultz somewhere. Maybe Suns. Suns always stock piling PG's through the years. Comes down to east or west. 76ers Simmons or Lakers cave and cough up Ingram,Kuzma,Ball. Doubt Pops would want Ball either. Probably would rather have Hart tossed in with the other two kids.

corky831
07-01-2018, 12:21 AM
With the way NBA free agency has begun, Lakers are gonna have to pay an arm and a leg to get Kawhi. They'll be desperate to make a move. Getting LeBron won't be enough.

Westbrook36
07-01-2018, 12:41 AM
Well Fultz is a bit of a unknown and unproven player yet. Kinda of a risk almost for Pops. Covington crashed and burned in the playoffs. Bayless is nothing but a salary filler at this point.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/philadelphia-76ers-team-salary/

Picks don't look to exciting. Heat will be pushing for playoffs long as Pat is still there in 2021. Celtics get the higher pick of Kings and 76ers picks. Unless Pops settles for Saric and Fultz and Covington. I bet most likely Pops re-flips Fultz somewhere. Maybe Suns. Suns always stock piling PG's through the years. Comes down to east or west. 76ers Simmons or Lakers cave and cough up Ingram,Kuzma,Ball. Doubt Pops would want Ball either. Probably would rather have Hart tossed in with the other two kids.

The Heat will make the playoffs as long as Pat is there? What have they done recently that would lead you to believe that? They'll have James Johnson, Kelly Olynk, Dion Waiters, Josh Richardson, and Bam on roster for the 2020-2021 season. What star player is joining Miami in the next two years? They don't even have the cap available to make such a move either. They'll be in the lotto..no doubt about it..one that could potentially be the double draft with 1 and done + high schoolers.

The 76ers won't trade a cost controlled Ben Simmons for anything..let alone a potential rental player in Leonard.

Settles for Saric/Covington/Fultz? That is an amazing package for a player that has made it known he's leaving. The reports are the 76ers are offering Saric/Covington/Miami pick. I do not want to include Fultz in any fashion..he has way too much potential even if he were to never fully rebound on his shot.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2018, 08:54 AM
The Heat will make the playoffs as long as Pat is there? What have they done recently that would lead you to believe that? They'll have James Johnson, Kelly Olynk, Dion Waiters, Josh Richardson, and Bam on roster for the 2020-2021 season. What star player is joining Miami in the next two years? They don't even have the cap available to make such a move either. They'll be in the lotto..no doubt about it..one that could potentially be the double draft with 1 and done + high schoolers.

The 76ers won't trade a cost controlled Ben Simmons for anything..let alone a potential rental player in Leonard.

Settles for Saric/Covington/Fultz? That is an amazing package for a player that has made it known he's leaving. The reports are the 76ers are offering Saric/Covington/Miami pick. I do not want to include Fultz in any fashion..he has way too much potential even if he were to never fully rebound on his shot.

Saric makes it a nice package. But Fultz is a bit of a unknown yet. Covington is a decent piece but slipped in the playoffs. Doubt Pops settles for anything less or he could just take the better package from the Lakers and takes Ingram,Kuzma,Hart. As for the Heat I cant picture Pat settling for a rebuild.

They made the playoffs this last season. Spurs are one of the top run organizations in the league for like the last 20 years or so. Doubt they settle for a low ball offer of unproven Fultz with the mystery shoulder injury. Fultz, Covington, Bayless is a low ball offer. I wouldn't take that if i'm Pops.

Even if Saric is in the deal it gets a little bit better. But I think Pops want something really good back in return. Not just get bent over a barrel. Heck if my Bucks called up I bet Pops would want Middleton,Brogdon,Maker and a couple firsts after the Suns pick conveys. Even that's a low ball offer. But Middleton,Brogdon and a first is what almost got us Irving before Ainge stepped in.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Covington, Saric, 2019 Sixers 1st (has the potential to be the #1 pick via Sacramento), 2021 Miami 1st is the rumored offer.

So your naming some random other option to make a point.

There's rumors that the Spurs really like Zhaire Smith, and part of making that trade was to have Smith to make a move fore Kawhi with.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Covington, Saric, 2019 Sixers 1st (has the potential to be the #1 pick via Sacramento), 2021 Miami 1st is the rumored offer.

So your naming some random other option to make a point.

There's rumors that the Spurs really like Zhaire Smith, and part of making that trade was to have Smith to make a move fore Kawhi with.

Whats the protections on the Kings pick? Cause basketball insiders mentioned Celtics get the higher of the 76ers Kings pick. Saric is a nice piece in the deal. The Kings pick is up in the air. Covington is okay. But heck if i'm Pops i'd just take Ingram,Kuzma,Hart if Lakers offered it.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Whats the protections on the Kings pick? Cause basketball insiders mentioned Celtics get the higher of the 76ers Kings pick. Saric is a nice piece in the deal. The Kings pick is up in the air. Covington is okay. But heck if i'm Pops i'd just take Ingram,Kuzma,Hart if Lakers offered it.

The Celtics get the higher unless the Kings pick is #1.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Also I think you are really underselling Saric if he's a 'nice piece' but Kuzma and Hart are guys you would take in a heartbeat.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 09:22 AM
This (PG) is why when people just assume Kawhi will sign with LA next summer (If he's traded elsewhere) is a dangerous game. And that's a reason why I think the Lakers could get desperate and up whatever their initial offers were.

Pop/RC waiting this out/trying to repair the relationship was the right approach for sure.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:26 AM
This (PG) is why when people just assume Kawhi will sign with LA next summer (If he's traded elsewhere) is a dangerous game. And that's a reason why I think the Lakers could get desperate and up whatever their initial offers were.

Pop/RC waiting this out/trying to repair the relationship was the right approach for sure.

Something in my gut tells me if he's traded it's going to be a mid-late August trade where they find out something just can't be done, kinda like the Harden trade.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Something in my gut tells me if he's traded it's going to be a mid-late August trade where they find out something just can't be done, kinda like the Harden trade.

I could see that. I could see anytime before training camp truthfully if they can't figure anything out.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I could see that. I could see anytime before training camp truthfully if they can't figure anything out.

If they think they have a chance to get through to him they should wait as long as it takes. I suspect the Spurs would help themselves by asking their current and former players to reach out and apologize and talk to Kawhi ... and stop talking to the press.

kdspurman
07-01-2018, 10:27 AM
If they think they have a chance to get through to him they should wait as long as it takes. I suspect the Spurs would help themselves by asking their current and former players to reach out and apologize and talk to Kawhi ... and stop talking to the press.

No doubt they should take it slow.

And I don't know if they need to do that. If that's the case, Kawhi and his camp should be apologizing for the way they have dragged the Spurs org/medical staff thru the mud a bit this last season.

If he wants to come back, it should all be water under the bridge. The frustration/confusion was understandable. They can talk things out like adults

warfelg
07-01-2018, 10:29 AM
And I'm not sure at this point having a guy from within the organization come in to talk to Kawhi is gonna work. I think they should try to find someone that forced himself to be traded and regrets it to talk to Kawhi.