PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi wants out?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

IndyRealist
06-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Kawhi is a stud and a star, but he's not a superstar and that is a factor is what teams are willing to pay for him. This last year hasn't helped his image much either.

If I was running a team I'd be very concerned about gutting my team or my teams future for a player who doesn't have a high Q rating and who may be damaged goods. He can make the most money probably by having a healthy year with the Spurs next year and by becoming the face of the franchise.

He can make the most money by taking the supermax, getting a no trade clause, and THEN demanding to be traded. His people have him convinced that the Spurs betrayed him. He's not leaving for the money.

WaDe03
06-19-2018, 02:49 PM
I would love to see Kawhi LeBron and PG on the Lakers but I don’t think it’ll happen. I think he ends up on Boston or Philly who could still add LeBron or PG with cap space. Knicks would be interesting or even the Cavs but don’t see how anyone outbids Boston if they’re dead set on getting him.

TrueFan420
06-19-2018, 02:59 PM
Kawhi is a stud and a star, but he's not a superstar and that is a factor is what teams are willing to pay for him. This last year hasn't helped his image much either.

If I was running a team I'd be very concerned about gutting my team or my teams future for a player who doesn't have a high Q rating and who may be damaged goods. He can make the most money probably by having a healthy year with the Spurs next year and by becoming the face of the franchise.

Idk about that man. Prior to this year he's a superstar talent/player. The difference is SA is low key and he gets TD type coverage which isn't superstar coverage which is in part why he wants to leave.

Scoots
06-19-2018, 03:09 PM
He can make the most money by taking the supermax, getting a no trade clause, and THEN demanding to be traded. His people have him convinced that the Spurs betrayed him. He's not leaving for the money.

At some point it's always about the money. If it costs him $100M to leave that may be enough for him to stay.

Bostonjorge
06-19-2018, 03:12 PM
I think Boston is good as they are now. They don’t need to add anyone to take the title this year. They are not favorites over GS but they have a great fighting chance and that’s all any competitor should ever ask for.

Chronz
06-19-2018, 04:13 PM
I think Boston is good as they are now. They don’t need to add anyone to take the title this year. They are not favorites over GS but they have a great fighting chance and that’s all any competitor should ever ask for.

Gs didn't even settle for that tho. You're still thinking of the nba in pre kd sex change terms.

Heediot
06-19-2018, 04:36 PM

What are you saying, Kawhi is a by-product of a system? The same argument can be made about Curry-Dray-Klay. In my mind he is a superstar until proven otherwise, or else you'd have to say the same thing about Curry, or the other two (if you consider them superstars).

Vee-Rex
06-19-2018, 04:42 PM
What are you saying, Kawhi is a by-product of a system? The same argument can be made about Curry-Dray-Klay. In my mind he is a superstar until proven otherwise, or else you'd have to say the same thing about Curry, or the other two (if you consider them superstars).

I don't think he's talking about talent. Kawhi has superstar talent. I think he's talking about how big of an icon he is. How many casual people/idiots know about him, how popular/famous his brand is, etc...

Scoots
06-19-2018, 04:49 PM

No. A "superstar" has to transcend their group of fans and be known by the general public. Kawhi doesn't care to do so and hasn't shown a personality that grabs people's attention. He's a star and one of the very best players, but superstars bring non-fans to a team and Kawhi isn't likely to do that.

Heediot
06-19-2018, 04:51 PM
No. A "superstar" has to transcend their group of fans and be known by the general public. Kawhi doesn't care to do so and hasn't shown a personality that grabs people's attention. He's a star and one of the very best players, but superstars bring non-fans to a team and Kawhi isn't likely to do that.

OK I see where your coming from.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Kawhi met with Pop, as scheduled. No word on if his family representation was present, or any real details from it.

LaVar Ball
06-20-2018, 12:34 AM
Kawhi met with Pop, as scheduled. No word on if his family representation was present, or any real details from it.

nothing is imminent

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2018, 12:37 AM
Why does Kawhi get a pass? Personally, He's a BlTCH for sitting out when he was cleared to play and now forcing a Trade to the Lakers.

Dwight Howard got killed for this in Orlando and what Kawhi is going is 10x worse.

LaVar Ball
06-20-2018, 12:38 AM
Why does Kawhi get a pass? Personally, He's a BlTCH for sitting out when he was cleared to play and now forcing a Trade to the Lakers.

Dwight Howard got killed for this in Orlando and what Kawhi is going is 10x worse.

Dwight didn't win jack ****

Kawhi is an NBA champion and finals MVP

goingfor28
06-20-2018, 12:38 AM

Dwight Howard got killed for this in Orlando and what Kawhi is going is 10x worse.Bc he's forcing a trade to the Clippers, not the Lakers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2018, 01:07 AM
Dwight didn't win jack ****

Kawhi is an NBA champion and finals MVP

so winning an NBA Finals allows yourself the freedom to be unprofessional and a terrible teammate?

LA_Raiders
06-20-2018, 01:34 AM
The trade for KL to the Lakers will be cooking soon. Stay tuned...

numba1CHANGsta
06-20-2018, 01:39 AM
"I love LA, We love it!!"

numba1CHANGsta
06-20-2018, 01:43 AM

does KD get a pass for joining the Warriors? lol someone's scurred

LaVar Ball
06-20-2018, 01:45 AM
so winning an NBA Finals allows yourself the freedom to be unprofessional and a terrible teammate?

I don't think Kawhi being unprofessional. I think Pop was being unprofessional for having Manu and Tony do his dirty work for him.

LaVar Ball
06-20-2018, 01:45 AM
does KD get a pass for joining the Warriors? lol someone's scurred

yup

Jamiecballer
06-20-2018, 05:55 AM

Dwight Howard got killed for this in Orlando and what Kawhi is going is 10x worse.I think what's happening here is interesting. he definitely gets no pass from me, I think he looks pathetic especially since he has made absolutely zero attempt to communicate anything or be a teammate.

however, it seems his complete invisibility on this issue has actually been brilliant because we have no quotes, no soundbites to dissect, no words to twist or interpret or refute.

his complete silence has done the amazing job of making the spurs look like the bad guys here. to the majority.

I expect that will change when the divorce is finalized but wow, it's something.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Vinylman
06-20-2018, 06:18 AM

how old are you? seriously?

You act like this is some new phenomena … KAJ did this... is he a *****? There have been a ton of guys over the years that have tried to force trades because they are unhappy. This is nothing new... he is actually doing them a service so they can move on from him and at least get something instead of just leaving like a shemale did from OKC

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 08:15 AM

They said Kawhi wasn't alone. Of course uncle Dennis was there.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2018, 08:20 AM
https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-to-inform-teams-he-intends-to-sign-with-lakers-or-clippers-in-2019-free-agency/2018/06/19/

Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio, and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles — preferably with the Lakers — when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 08:21 AM

Teams would be willing to pay him as much as they can, cause he's shown he's a franchise changing player. Winning + more nationality televised games, playoffs, etc... Are more than enough.

Him not winning any popularity contests or whatever would have no impacy on what teams would want to pay him imo.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Also, Yahoo Sports and ESPN putting out conflicting stuff is funny. Who knows what to believe at this point

warfelg
06-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Also, Yahoo Sports and ESPN putting out conflicting stuff is funny. Who knows what to believe at this point

I know what ESPN is reporting, what's Yahoo reporting?

(FWIW I find it a little funny with ESPN it's their LA centered reporter breaking he'll only go to the Lakers then Woj parroted that after)

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 09:05 AM
I know what ESPN is reporting, what's Yahoo reporting?

(FWIW I find it a little funny with ESPN it's their LA centered reporter breaking he'll only go to the Lakers then Woj parroted that after)

ESPN said Kawhi has been difficult to reach and get a meeting with Pop.

Shams reported last night this meeting has been planned for weeks.

Woj also put Pop was on his way to Southern California with the intention of meeting with Kawhi, and not long after Shams said the meeting happened already.

Woj then reported Kawhi wants out cause of Parker's comments / mishandling of quad injury, Shams includes none of that and says it was professional. Jabari Young, a Spurs writer also said the conversation was 'good' and more conversations should be expected. (He is close with the Kawhi camp)

And yea , I know for the sure the ESPN agenda lol. They want him in LA badly.

warfelg
06-20-2018, 09:11 AM
ESPN said Kawhi has been difficult to reach and get a meeting with Pop.

Shams reported last night this meeting has been planned for weeks.

Woj also put Pop was on his way to Southern California with the intention of meeting with Kawhi, and not long after Shams said the meeting happened already.

Woj then reported Kawhi wants out cause of Parker's comments / mishandling of quad injury, Shams includes none of that and says it was professional. Jabari Young, a Spurs writer also said the conversation was 'good' and more conversations should be expected. (He is close with the Kawhi camp)

And yea , I know for the sure the ESPN agenda lol. They want him in LA badly.

Kept feeling like ESPN was leaving a bunch out when reporting what was going on.

Like ESPN's reporting went from there's a list and LA and NY are at the top of it. Then it was he only wants to go to LA. And now that it's that he only wants the Lakers. Got to feel there's other places he would be comfortable with. NY is a huge market, Chicago is a big market, LA of course. I know this is homerish, but why no Philly with the coach that worked with his shooting rookie year, has the doctor that worked with you on staff, and has the stars in place that will let you just play and will take the spotlight off of you?

Scoots
06-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Teams would be willing to pay him as much as they can, cause he's shown he's a franchise changing player. Winning + more nationality televised games, playoffs, etc... Are more than enough.

Him not winning any popularity contests or whatever would have no impacy on what teams would want to pay him imo.

From my perspective, and I love Kawhi the player, since Duncan retired the franchise hasn't changed for the better. I don't think that all goes to Kawhi obviously, but there has been a lot of drama around the team that had almost no drama for the previous decade. I think owners looking at spending hundreds of millions on a player will care that the player is more than just what they do on the floor. Not that it will make a difference, it only takes one owner willing to spend the money.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2018, 10:09 AM
No way spurs would take Deng back in a deal. I wonder what they all compromise on.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2018, 12:45 PM
show of hands, anybody feel deep down that Kawhi just completely quit on the team and everything from the second opinion to now is just all part of a manipulation to get to LA. not saying that's the truth, but it feels more and more to me like the injury presented a convenient opportunity to get out and his uncle seized on it. if it's true Kawhi is the most weakminded superstar ever. ever.

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 01:05 PM
show of hands, anybody feel deep down that Kawhi just completely quit on the team and everything from the second opinion to now is just all part of a manipulation to get to LA. not saying that's the truth, but it feels more and more to me like the injury presented a convenient opportunity to get out and his uncle seized on it. if it's true Kawhi is the most weakminded superstar ever. ever.

You forgot to end your post with “other than KD.”

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 01:07 PM
According to Stephen A. Smith, Kawhi Leonard said to Pop he does not want to be playing for the Spurs. I don't think Pop was there to repatch things with Kawhi as much as it was clarifying for sure in the event Spurs have to make a move (possibly before the draft). I think Spurs loyalty to TP/Manu and then TP/Manu talking behind Kawhi's back really screwed with Kawhi. He's someone who lost his dad to a shooting and doesn't trust many so I would assume he felt betrayed.

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Why would Kawhi lie about his injury? This entire mess with TP and Manu confronting Kawhi about his injury had to do with Kawhi taking forever to heal and they were suspicious of it but Kawhi really had no reason to lie. Weakest minded superstar is definitely Durant. C'mon, fake Twitter account to defend himself? Who the hell...

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 01:20 PM
According to Stephen A. Smith, Kawhi Leonard said to Pop he does not want to be playing for the Spurs. I don't think Pop was there to repatch things with Kawhi as much as it was clarifying for sure in the event Spurs have to make a move (possibly before the draft). I think Spurs loyalty to TP/Manu and then TP/Manu talking behind Kawhi's back really screwed with Kawhi. He's someone who lost his dad to a shooting and doesn't trust many so I would assume he felt betrayed.

No one talked behind his back. TPs comments were made in an interview (and still while not ideal, not as big a deal as some made) and he and Manu held a team meeting WITH Kawhi present.

Pop has been loyal to Kawhi from the jump when many people thought he couldn't be the player he is, Pop believed that and said he was the face of the franchise very early in his career.

If Kawhi wants out, it makes it easier for his camp to use what Tony said as a scapegoat, but frankly it's a weak *** excuse. Plus, it was reported even before the Manu/Parker stuff happened that he wanted to be in LA. So that kind of puts that theory to bed.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 01:22 PM
From my perspective, and I love Kawhi the player, since Duncan retired the franchise hasn't changed for the better. I don't think that all goes to Kawhi obviously, but there has been a lot of drama around the team that had almost no drama for the previous decade. I think owners looking at spending hundreds of millions on a player will care that the player is more than just what they do on the floor. Not that it will make a difference, it only takes one owner willing to spend the money.

You don't lose a once in a lifetime player/person and expect things to get better, so I'm not surprised.

The only drama was Kawhi this year and Aldridge last summer, which did get worked out. I mean can't forget 2013 when they cut Stephen Jackson right before the playoffs cause of his behavior behind the scenes.

But yea, Kawhi is one of the best players in the league. Teams with money available would absolutely be willing to offer him big money.

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 01:24 PM
No one talked behind his back. TPs comments were made in an interview (and still while not ideal, not as big a deal as some made) and he and Manu held a team meeting WITH Kawhi present.

Pop has been loyal to Kawhi from the jump when many people thought he couldn't be the player he is, Pop believed that and said he was the face of the franchise very early in his career.

If Kawhi wants out, it makes it easier for his camp to use what Tony said as a scapegoat, but frankly it's a weak *** excuse. Plus, it was reported even before the Manu/Parker stuff happened that he wanted to be in LA. So that kind of puts that theory to bed.

Whatever the case may be, it was unprofessional for TP to say that because it 100% implies that Kawhi might be faking it. What reasoning was there for TP to even say that? Just keep that stuff hidden and away from the media. You would know more about the situation but I feel like Kawhi feels betrayed and if he were to leave the Spurs, it would be for the Lakers. I didn't have a problem with Manu but I felt like TP and Manu are a direct line to Popovich and Pop was somehow involved.

D Blue987
06-20-2018, 01:42 PM

lol. TP threw Kawhi under the bus. The moment he said his injury was much worse than Kawhi's was and implied he should be playing, it was the beginning of the end. The media feasted on it from that point forward which had to really piss off Kawhi. Spurs mishandled this whole situation. Kawhi as a superstar that he is, has options going forward and the Spurs should have seen it coming and made a better effort to fix the relationship before it festered. That team meeting you mentioned was rumored to be intense and emotional for the team so by then it was likely too late. We won't know for some time but I suspect we will get much better detail on it at some point in the future.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 01:48 PM
lol. TP threw Kawhi under the bus. The moment he said his injury was much worse than Kawhi's was and implied he should be playing, it was the beginning of the end. The media feasted on it from that point forward which had to really piss off Kawhi. Spurs mishandled this whole situation. Kawhi as a superstar that he is, has options going forward and the Spurs should have seen it coming and made a better effort to fix the relationship before it festered. That team meeting you mentioned was rumored to be intense and emotional for the team so by then it was likely too late. We won't know for some time but I suspect we will get much better detail on it at some point in the future.

Except reports were out before that, like I said.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Whatever the case may be, it was unprofessional for TP to say that because it 100% implies that Kawhi might be faking it. What reasoning was there for TP to even say that? Just keep that stuff hidden and away from the media. You would know more about the situation but I feel like Kawhi feels betrayed and if he were to leave the Spurs, it would be for the Lakers. I didn't have a problem with Manu but I felt like TP and Manu are a direct line to Popovich and Pop was somehow involved.

If he wanted to leave cause they mishandled his injury, he would just want out regardless of where he goes. His camp is pushing for him to go to LA, by no coincidence due to where he's from.

The Parker comments are just a scapegoat like I said. The rumors of him wanting to be in LA came far before that happened. Many Spurs fans paid no mind to the rumor's, but they appear true.

If you have an issue with a teammate, you can usually speak with them man to man about it. Not request a trade, especially when it's not even guaranteed Parker will be back lol.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Ingram, Hart, Zubac 27th pick, 2019 1st round pick

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 02:17 PM
If he wanted to leave cause they mishandled his injury, he would just want out regardless of where he goes. His camp is pushing for him to go to LA, by no coincidence due to where he's from.

The Parker comments are just a scapegoat like I said. The rumors of him wanting to be in LA came far before that happened. Many Spurs fans paid no mind to the rumor's, but they appear true.

If you have an issue with a teammate, you can usually speak with them man to man about it. Not request a trade, especially when it's not even guaranteed Parker will be back lol.

Okay, so I guess my question to you will be: Do you think Kawhi was faking the injury to try and get traded? If not, do you think TP's comments led to Kawhi wanting to be traded?

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 02:17 PM
Ingram, Hart, Zubac 27th pick, 2019 1st round pick

Need to get rid of Deng, dude.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Need to get rid of Deng, dude.

if we renounce all our FA except Randle, we will be approximately 48m under the cap, giving us enough space to take on Kawhi's 20m contract. I just don't see SA wanting Deng and looks like the only competition we have for Kawhi is the Clippers.

We could then find a way to trade Deng or stretch him to make space for Lebron.

PAOboston
06-20-2018, 02:44 PM
I hope SAS calls his bluff and keeps him past the the draft/start of free agency. His value is already tanked at this point so you aren't getting anything of realistic value that you want from any team.

I'd rather keep him and go for it this year. What's he gonna do? Continue to fake injury and not play? It gives SAS a year to see if they can change his mind and still have the super max to dangle over his head. Also, not really sure LAL will want to punt on another season to keep cap space open to attempt to sign him and in not sure if LAC will be attractive enough for him to win.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Dade County
06-20-2018, 02:56 PM
I hope SAS calls his bluff and keeps him past the the draft/start of free agency. His value is already tanked at this point so you aren't getting anything of realistic value that you want from any team.

I'd rather keep him and go for it this year. What's he gonna do? Continue to fake injury and not play? It gives SAS a year to see if they can change his mind and still have the super max to dangle over his head. Also, not really sure LAL will want to punt on another season to keep cap space open to attempt to sign him and in not sure if LAC will be attractive enough for him to win.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I also thought about this, but the Spurs front office isn't going to lose him for nothing. So at the end of the day, he will get traded; but the Spurs can wait until the trade deadline. It's not like they are going to get fair trade value anyway.

But since I am on the outside looking in, I would just trade him when the newly drafted rookies can be moved. I am only saying this because it's been reported that the Spurs will take their time on this and not be rushed.

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 03:13 PM
if we renounce all our FA except Randle, we will be approximately 48m under the cap, giving us enough space to take on Kawhi's 20m contract. I just don't see SA wanting Deng and looks like the only competition we have for Kawhi is the Clippers.

You could always do a three-way trade.

Ex: Ingram+Lonzo+Deng+Kuzma for Kawhi then Spurs can flip Lonzo+Deng for an All-Star type player of the 2nd tier status. Even if Spurs have to take up Deng's contract, he's only got two years left and that's subsidizing for the solid deal they get from Kuzma. I believe Lonzo has a lot of value under a team that can handle the dad's foolishness. Lonzo's got a lot of talent. That was a bad shooting season for him but if he can fix it, he can be a 20/8/8 player in the league and that's something many teams would trade for.

warfelg
06-20-2018, 03:19 PM

Ex: Ingram+Lonzo+Deng+Kuzma for Kawhi then Spurs can flip Lonzo+Deng for an All-Star type player of the 2nd tier status. Even if Spurs have to take up Deng's contract, he's only got two years left and that's subsidizing for the solid deal they get from Kuzma. I believe Lonzo has a lot of value under a team that can handle the dad's foolishness. Lonzo's got a lot of talent. That was a bad shooting season for him but if he can fix it, he can be a 20/8/8 player in the league and that's something many teams would trade for.

I think Atlanta could take on Deng if they got compensated and lost Schroeder.

Ingram, Kuzma, Bamore, 27, 2019 1st to SAS
Kawhi and Schroeder to LAL
Lonzo, Deng, 2019 Spurs lotto protected first to ATL.

Scoots
06-20-2018, 03:23 PM
It would be funny if they traded him to the Ball's former team in Lithuania out of spite (not that that's at all possible).

SfgiantsJD3
06-20-2018, 03:34 PM
Clippers offering two firsts plus prospects

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/jerry-west-offering-both-clippers-1st-round-picks-in-pursuit-of-kawhi-leonard-518162.html

IKnowHoops
06-20-2018, 03:37 PM

Disagree. If for any reason things don’t work out, you go to your favorite destination. You would not just go anywhere in any scenario

Saddletramp
06-20-2018, 03:40 PM
how old are you? seriously?

You act like this is some new phenomena … KAJ did this... is he a *****? There have been a ton of guys over the years that have tried to force trades because they are unhappy. This is nothing new... he is actually doing them a service so they can move on from him and at least get something instead of just leaving like a shemale did from OKC

Yep. I’d rather get something rather than nothing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2018, 03:47 PM
Clippers offering two firsts plus prospects

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/jerry-west-offering-both-clippers-1st-round-picks-in-pursuit-of-kawhi-leonard-518162.html

Curious what else Spurs get back. Beverly? Harris? But Harris is best suited at PF. Spurs already got Aldridge. Unless Aldridge slides over to center? Gallinari is injuryprone. Lou? Spurs probably get two guys back beside both them picks.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2018, 03:59 PM
It will come down to the Clippers or Lakers. Do they want Harris + two late lottery picks or a package around Ingram who would fit beautifully with Pops/SA

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 04:10 PM
LeBron
PG
Kawhi
Kuzma
Tall long Center that will defend block shots rebound and catch lobs.

Bostonjorge
06-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Master plan. Once all the dominos fall into place then you make these moves.

Lakers trade Ball and Deng to suns for multiple picks. Deng fits into Suns cap so they don’t need to send back contracts.

Lakers pick up Randles hold.

Trade Ingram, Kuzma, Cavs pick and Suns pick’s and lakers pick. A total of 5 draft picks. For Leonard.

Sign George and James.

Then re sign Randle

TheDish87
06-20-2018, 04:23 PM

why are you under the assumptin that Pop would ever trade KL to the Lakers or a west team? its not gonna happen. Its gonna be difficult to make moves a year in advance and run the risk of him changing his mind.

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 04:25 PM
LeBron
PG
Kawhi
Kuzma
Tall long Center that will defend block shots rebound and catch lobs.

I was saying they should sign DeAndre instead of PG because the market of centers sucks right now. Lots of quality guards you can find such as J.J. or even Joe Harris. Plus, DeAndre is a great rebounder and rim protector who can run the floor for easy lobs or putbacks. No gameplans for DeAndre so the adjustment period for them is easier.

IndyRealist
06-20-2018, 04:27 PM
It will come down to the Clippers or Lakers. Do they want Harris + two late lottery picks or a package around Ingram who would fit beautifully with Pops/SA

Harris and 2 lottery picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Well with Kawhi saying LA or will be a rental to any other team. Guess means any other team will throw low ball offers or hope he changes his tune with a new team. I could see the Clippers putting a nice package together to trump the Lakers. Also doubt Pops wants to do any favors for the Lakers.

IKnowHoops
06-20-2018, 04:28 PM
I was saying they should sign DeAndre instead of PG because the market of centers sucks right now. Lots of quality guards you can find such as J.J. or even Joe Harris. Plus, DeAndre is a great rebounder and rim protector who can run the floor for easy lobs or putbacks. No gameplans for DeAndre so the adjustment period for them is easier.

Naw, get all three and sign Nerlens

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Brook Lopez already said he will play for peanuts if Lakers put a contending team together.

kdspurman
06-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Okay, so I guess my question to you will be: Do you think Kawhi was faking the injury to try and get traded? If not, do you think TP's comments led to Kawhi wanting to be traded?

I think the answer to both of those are no.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Why would Kawhi lie about his injury? This entire mess with TP and Manu confronting Kawhi about his injury had to do with Kawhi taking forever to heal and they were suspicious of it but Kawhi really had no reason to lie. Weakest minded superstar is definitely Durant. C'mon, fake Twitter account to defend himself? Who the hell...well look, its hard to judge someone's motives and be right but it's especially tough if we limit ourselves to looking at the action in isolation. making up that you are hurt doesnt seem to make much sense in isolation. but we do know this:

- rumours of Kawhi wanting to be a Laker were discussed long before any public comments from either Parker, Popovich or Ginobili.

- rumours of a Lavar Ball-like Uncle trying to direct his future and in particular his visibility were also out there months ago.

now he is positioned very well to get his wish, and of by the way the rumours are no longer rumours they are pretty much accepted as reality.

perhaps if kawhi would actually open his mouth publicly to confirm his side of the story rather than the rest of us making it up for him based on a whole bunch of "this is what i've heard"s.

so why lie about being injured? because even if I'm completely wrong here you can see how it completely could be used to accomplish this result.

I mean where the **** are these people that are whispering things but are nowhere to be seen to actually look into a camera and explain why he wants out???

I don't know, watching this whole thing unfold, the silence, the whispers about the uncle that are apparently very much true, the complete about-face in Kawhi's behavior, it makes him look like the biggest sheep in the world.

IndyRealist
06-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Brook Lopez already said he will play for peanuts if Lakers put a contending team together.

Is brook lopez the center you want?

FlashBolt
06-20-2018, 05:11 PM
well look, its hard to judge someone's motives and be right but it's especially tough if we limit ourselves to looking at the action in isolation. making up that you are hurt doesnt seem to make much sense in isolation. but we do know this:

- rumours of Kawhi wanting to be a Laker were discussed long before any public comments from either Parker, Popovich or Ginobili.

- rumours of a Lavar Ball-like Uncle trying to direct his future and in particular his visibility were also out there months ago.

now he is positioned very well to get his wish, and of by the way the rumours are no longer rumours they are pretty much accepted as reality.

perhaps if kawhi would actually open his mouth publicly to confirm his side of the story rather than the rest of us making it up for him based on a whole bunch of "this is what i've heard"s.

so why lie about being injured? because even if I'm completely wrong here you can see how it completely could be used to accomplish this result.

I mean where the **** are these people that are whispering things but are nowhere to be seen to actually look into a camera and explain why he wants out???

I don't know, watching this whole thing unfold, the silence, the whispers about the uncle that are apparently very much true, the complete about-face in Kawhi's behavior, it makes him look like the biggest sheep in the world.

I don't think if the injury had happened, Kawhi would have forced anything. If we assume Kawhi was really hurt, I can see how the Spurs betrayed him by calling him out. And yes, they essentially called him out for it.

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 06:56 PM

Yea that would be pretty good. Those 3 guys on the perimeter would be a nightmare for golden states guards though.

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 06:57 PM

Didn’t see that, that’s good. He’s still good and is a stretch 5.

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Cavs offered Love and the 8th pick for Kawhi.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Cavs offered Love and the 8th pick for Kawhi.

Sauces?

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Sauces?

Zach Lowe, looks like they aren’t shopping Love anymore though. Kawhis the only available guy worth it and it looks like they didn’t get too far there.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2018, 07:24 PM
I'm hearing the Cavs should be able to get Kemba + Williams with the #8 and Hill, but are holding off in hopes something will materialize with Kawhi.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2018, 07:27 PM
I don't think if the injury had happened, Kawhi would have forced anything. If we assume Kawhi was really hurt, I can see how the Spurs betrayed him by calling him out. And yes, they essentially called him out for it.

they did. and i guess for me there are 2 questions i have. what would it take for San Antonio to behave in that way, knowing what we know about how they operate and the people involved. and do i believe that he is really hurt. because i gotta tell ya, considering how messed this diagnosis thing is, it amazing how little talk there is about whether the player is actually a good medical risk to trade for.

WaDe03
06-20-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm hearing the Cavs should be able to get Kemba + Williams with the #8 and Hill, but are holding off in hopes something will materialize with Kawhi.

Damn really? That would be a steal for the Cavs imo.

Kemba
Hood
LeBron (if he stays)
Williams
Love

I believe Williams was a top catch and shoot/corner 3 point shooter in the league.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:36 PM

Damn that is quite a get for the cavs... nice.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2018, 07:38 PM
If the lakers trade a ton for KL and lebron stays with the cavs that would be funny as hell... KL and PG isnt getting you anywhere honestly... This is going to be an insane off season... Either go for all 3 or keep your core or just get PG13 in free agency while keeping your core... there should be no other route.

IndyRealist
06-20-2018, 07:58 PM

So that ends up Irving for Kemba, Nance, Zizic, and Clarkson?

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:32 AM

so SA can get a second tier all star for ball/deng but the lakers couldn't do that package on their own

The NBA forum where absurdity runs rampant

SA takes BI and a first for KL in a heart beat

Lakers could then trade Ball/Deng/Hart/2nd for Kemba/Lamb/frank the tank

If the Lakers can get past giving up BI it is a fairly simple deal.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Master plan. Once all the dominos fall into place then you make these moves.

Lakers trade Ball and Deng to suns for multiple picks. Deng fits into Suns cap so they don’t need to send back contracts.

Lakers pick up Randles hold.

Trade Ingram, Kuzma, Cavs pick and Suns pick’s and lakers pick. A total of 5 draft picks. For Leonard.

Sign George and James.

Then re sign Randle

delusional

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:39 AM
Is brook lopez the center you want?

are you serious? for the vet min?

without question

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 08:41 AM

everyone trying to make Mitch their *****

IndyRealist
06-21-2018, 08:56 AM
are you serious? for the vet min?

without question

He hasn't been a net positive player in like 4 years. But ok.

WaDe03
06-21-2018, 09:47 AM

His teams have been garbage though.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 10:13 AM
so SA can get a second tier all star for ball/deng but the lakers couldn't do that package on their own

The NBA forum where absurdity runs rampant

SA takes BI and a first for KL in a heart beat

Lakers could then trade Ball/Deng/Hart/2nd for Kemba/Lamb/frank the tank

If the Lakers can get past giving up BI it is a fairly simple deal.

I'm not so sure about that.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 10:22 AM

VORP Last 4 years... 1.1, 2.1,2.0, 1.1

at the vet minimum I think I would have to say yes... lol

Rivera
06-21-2018, 10:24 AM

id keep the pick for the potential of Michael Porter if hes available. If hes not id trade it, I dont know if one of Wendell Carter Jr/Trae Young/Collin Sexton would be better than Kemba. They have a chance for sure but if Porter Jr is available you stand pat and take him

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 10:27 AM
I'm not so sure about that.

That is fine... not considering the team you have to trade to...

who would you want more

brown / contract filler plus a late first

or BI / no filler and a late first

WaDe03
06-21-2018, 10:46 AM

who would you want more

Depends on the filler but I would rather get Brown than Ingram. It’s early but Brown is much better imo.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 10:47 AM

who would you want more

Not even factoring the Lakers being the team, I just don't think Pop & RC would settle for just Ingram and a 1st. Kawhi is worth so much more, and even tho you won't get equal value back, they can definitely milk teams for as much as they possibly can for him. Especially if he agrees to re-sign there.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Not even factoring the Lakers being the team, I just don't think Pop & RC would settle for just Ingram and a 1st. Kawhi is worth so much more, and even tho you won't get equal value back, they can definitely milk teams for as much as they possibly can for him. Especially if he agrees to re-sign there.

yeah... I understand all that but isn't it worth more to you guys to shed salary to get set up for FA or next years FA

What I wonder is if SA makes a run at PG or LBJ would that be enough to get KL to stay...

I know Gay opted out but is green opting out or not?

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 11:45 AM
yeah... I understand all that but isn't it worth more to you guys to shed salary to get set up for FA or next years FA

What I wonder is if SA makes a run at PG or LBJ would that be enough to get KL to stay...

I know Gay opted out but is green opting out or not?

I think it's probably more important to get guys back now. Can't rely on FA as it hasn't always worked in our favor..

Idk if it'd be enough... From what is put out there, it has nothing to do with the talent around him.

And still waiting on Green to make his decision. People thought he might opt out as well, but I imagine things might move slowly until there's some clarity on the Kawhi situation.

IndyRealist
06-21-2018, 12:34 PM
VORP Last 4 years... 1.1, 2.1,2.0, 1.1

at the vet minimum I think I would have to say yes... lol

VORP is your go to stat? That is geniunely perplexing.

LakersEaglesLA
06-21-2018, 12:38 PM
I think Atlanta could take on Deng if they got compensated and lost Schroeder.

Ingram, Kuzma, Bamore, 27, 2019 1st to SAS
Kawhi and Schroeder to LAL
Lonzo, Deng, 2019 Spurs lotto protected first to ATL.

So Lakers supposed to give up Ingram Ball and Kuz for a Guy that said he would sign with Lakers after the season? Hell No! Nobody helps the Lakers.. That's the Spurs problem we are not bailing them out

IndyRealist
06-21-2018, 12:39 PM
His teams have been garbage though.

It's partly because he was asked to shoot 3s. It's partly because he stopped rebounding. It's partly because he was never as good as people thought, he just scored a lot.

But is BL the center you want with PG, Kawhi, and/or Lebron? Do you strong perimeter defense only to have a soft interior teams can exploit? Do you want to ask your 3 SFs to bang for rebounds?

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 12:53 PM
VORP is your go to stat? That is geniunely perplexing.

I'll play

What stat do you want to use? WS, WS48, PER

You said he hasn't been a net positive player the last 4 years

WaDe03
06-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Spurman is there anything from Miami you would want for Kawhi? Maybe a 3 team deal?

NFLNBA
06-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Why would Celtics or any team give up good assets like Brown for a guy is leaving to LA the following year. Lakers hold all the cards. They just need to say take it or leave it. If they dont take it then ur young talent developes another year and you get Leonard for free without losing Ingram and pick.

He really screwed SA by coming out picking 1 specific team. No teams will want a 1 year rental unless it's a close championship team that can give a lot of picks but no big pieces.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Spurman is there anything from Miami you would want for Kawhi? Maybe a 3 team deal?

Not really tbh. Unless it was like Kawhi for Wade straight up, but no way Miami says yes to that. :hi5:

I think it would have to be a 3 team deal where another team ends up with Dragic and other pieces most likely

Vee-Rex
06-21-2018, 03:33 PM

Here we go, boyos. It's about to get juicy over the next several hours!

HandsOnTheWheel
06-21-2018, 04:00 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/71a136bfd98c90fdfabb3481622aaed2/tenor.gif?itemid=7551664

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 04:05 PM

Or is it? :smoking:

Pop & RC will not want to deal with the Lakers. Idk if they will or end up having to, but they for sure will not want do deal with them.

Jenceman
06-21-2018, 04:29 PM
Lol it's kind of sad how unwilling they are. The Lakers haven't been their rival for years, because the Lakers haven't been any good.

Hope they lose Leonard for nothing or get a poor trade package like the Cavs ended up getting for Kyrie (I recognize that at the time it looked better than it ended up).

Scoots
06-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Or is it? :smoking:

Pop & RC will not want to deal with the Lakers. Idk if they will or end up having to, but they for sure will not want do deal with them.

I was just about to post the same thing. Sounds like they may take a lesser deal just to send him east.

goingfor28
06-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Good

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Well if Pops shut the door's on the Lakers. That's one less star for a big 3 if they can lure players there. Heck LeBron could just stay with the Cavs another year and hope #8 turns out okay. Then just PG13 maybe to Lakers along with the kids?

PG13 could take a one year deal with Thunder then or just get max out longer. So Lakers could end up with a bag of money again and nothing to spend it on other then one year pricey deals. Then wait another year for star sweepstakes.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Lol it's kind of sad how unwilling they are. The Lakers haven't been their rival for years, because the Lakers haven't been any good.

Hope they lose Leonard for nothing or get a poor trade package like the Cavs ended up getting for Kyrie (I recognize that at the time it looked better than it ended up).

It's not sad at all. They have no reason to rush anything lol

It's possible in a few weeks if things are not improved, things can change. Pop just met with Kawhi on Tuesday, and it's possible they have more discussions. Why the heck would they rush anything? Especially a Western Conference team.

Sure they haven't been a rival, but I'm sure they know what the Lakers are planning and who they're looking to target.

FlashBolt
06-21-2018, 05:51 PM
I think this actually hurts the Spurs. They don't want to trade Kawhi to where he wants to be and that's fine but a future superstar may see it as a precedent in that it might not be the best spot for them. I just don't think the players today see Spurs as a spot they want to play in and with Pop getting older, I feel like Spurs will have a tough time recruiting big name free agents.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 06:15 PM
I think this actually hurts the Spurs. They don't want to trade Kawhi to where he wants to be and that's fine but a future superstar may see it as a precedent in that it might not be the best spot for them. I just don't think the players today see Spurs as a spot they want to play in and with Pop getting older, I feel like Spurs will have a tough time recruiting big name free agents.

When they traded George Hill for the Kawhi pick, (one of Pop's favorite players) he went back to Indy where he was familiar with playing college there.

When they had to trade Diaw to make room for Aldridge, they asked him where he'd like to play, and he gave them a few options (1 of which was Utah)

Tiago Splitter (who also had to be dealt for space for Aldridge) was sent to Atlanta, where he would be playing for Bud who he was obviously familiar with.

Pau opted out last summer to give them flexibility , and when no deal was made, they gave him some extra $/stability for him being flexible.

I mean I can name many more examples of them taking care of their guys. This 1 'incident' doesn't, nor should it impact what players think. A Spurs beat writer recently called Kawhi's uncle Lavar Ball w/o the spotlight. I think it shows how much of an impact he's been, and I'm sure players/league execs realize the context behind what's going down now.

Before his uncle became his business manager, there were no peeps of unhappiness. It's almost like they're trying to slander the team to excuse some of the stuff that's went down on their end

Scoots
06-21-2018, 06:17 PM

It's a short term issue at best ... Pop isn't likely to coach 5 more years. And I have no idea what other players think about Kawhi apparently throwing a tantrum and burning bridges along the way, but it's not impossible for owners to seek health based rules be included in the next CBA ... teams have always had an issue with players getting outside doctors because of issues like this one.

Vinylman
06-21-2018, 06:32 PM
I think this is sorta interesting.... I wonder if the Spurs will drop a offer on the Lakers tonight and say you have 10 minutes or we are going in a different direction...

Anyway, The Spurs really don't have the leverage... KL has all of it because all he has to do when SA notifies him of a trade proposale he just has to tell the other team he is not extending and he is not re-signing...

Like I have said... I doubt the Lakers get him in a trade even though it is one of the only chances to get all 3 guys because KL is relatively cheap at $20 million...

warfelg
06-21-2018, 06:48 PM
I think this is sorta interesting.... I wonder if the Spurs will drop a offer on the Lakers tonight and say you have 10 minutes or we are going in a different direction...

Anyway, The Spurs really don't have the leverage... KL has all of it because all he has to do when SA notifies him of a trade proposale he just has to tell the other team he is not extending and he is not re-signing...

Like I have said... I doubt the Lakers get him in a trade even though it is one of the only chances to get all 3 guys because KL is relatively cheap at $20 million...

Why tonight? The Lakers pick late and I'm not sure that SAS would want that.

I could see the Sixers pulling something like that and offering 10 and players and telling SAS they have 6 minutes.

kdspurman
06-21-2018, 06:51 PM

There are teams that will gamble on him im sure. Even if it's for a year just to be relevant.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2018, 07:21 PM

You are as usual sadly wrong and hilarious... The lakers are the ones in trouble here... If they are really trying to get this big 3 together which is their only shot against the warriors then they need to make this trade because they cant sign him next year to finish off the big 3... They need to get PG and Lebron this year and thus ends any chance they get KL in free agency if they get those 2... Its amusing listening to people say the spurs have no leverage because he can walk when they have all the power right now and cant just trade him to a team at the deadline who will over pay.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2018, 07:24 PM

I could see the Sixers pulling something like that and offering 10 and players and telling SAS they have 6 minutes.

i could also see the sixers saying to hell with it near the deadline this season to put us over the top offering a big package for a half season of KL while trying to get him to stay... There is also the chance new york tries for him in free agency etc etc... There is so many avenues the spurs can go its stupid for people to think they have no leverage... The lakers can sign him in free agency if they sign PG and lebron... the lakers backs are up against the wall if they want a big 3.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2018, 09:29 PM
You are as usual sadly wrong and hilarious... The lakers are the ones in trouble here... If they are really trying to get this big 3 together which is their only shot against the warriors then they need to make this trade because they cant sign him next year to finish off the big 3... They need to get PG and Lebron this year and thus ends any chance they get KL in free agency if they get those 2... Its amusing listening to people say the spurs have no leverage because he can walk when they have all the power right now and cant just trade him to a team at the deadline who will over pay.

Actually you are wrong, they can easily do a sign-and-trade. Just like Cp3 did, all Leonard has to do is tell the team he's on next summer that "he wants to go to the Lakers and if you want to get anything back for me, trade me. And according to Steven A Smith, thats what Kawhi told Pop thats what he will do if they don't trade him to the Lakers.

If the Lakers do sign, Lebron and PG13, they most likely keep all their kids along with Deng. Deng and his expiring deal and one of the kids or a draft pick will go to that team for Leonard.

This scenario is actually preferable because the Lakers would keep almost all of their young guys along with the veteran superstars.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2018, 10:12 PM
Actually you are wrong, they can easily do a sign-and-trade. Just like Cp3 did, all Leonard has to do is tell the team he's on next summer that "he wants to go to the Lakers and if you want to get anything back for me, trade me. And according to Steven A Smith, thats what Kawhi told Pop thats what he will do if they don't trade him to the Lakers.

If the Lakers do sign, Lebron and PG13, they most likely keep all their kids along with Deng. Deng and his expiring deal and one of the kids or a draft pick will go to that team for Leonard.

This scenario is actually preferable because the Lakers would keep almost all of their young guys along with the veteran superstars.

Jesus its like you guys refuse to do homework... CP3 isnt KL... KL is more closer to a lebron and he will want the max dollar and thus The spurs will have the lakers by the balls... The last time a player of KL caliber left a team to go to another team was when lebron left the cavs... Now factor in that pop hates the lakers and gilbert didnt hate the heat... Yet this is the package the cavs got from the heat for lebron

https://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/1563131/lebron-james-sign-and-trade-miami-heat-cleveland-cavs-terms

The cavs had no leverage either by the way right? The lakers will need to still offer up a ton and honestly pop might just decide to stick it to both KL and the lakers and not trade him and call the bluff.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2018, 10:16 PM
remember how PG13 a much lesser player threatened Indiana that he would also go to LA? Indiana got a good not great package but a team bit... KL is a much better player and another team will also bite... If the lakers Land PG then yea they are in good shape with signing KL next year but if they get lebron and PG13 getting KL in free agency is a pipe dream.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2018, 11:16 PM
remember how PG13 a much lesser player threatened Indiana that he would also go to LA? Indiana got a good not great package but a team bit... KL is a much better player and another team will also bite... If the lakers Land PG then yea they are in good shape with signing KL next year but if they get lebron and PG13 getting KL in free agency is a pipe dream.

Follow me here, I didn't say the Lakers would trade for Kawhi this year. I am saying the Spurs will probably trade him to an Eastern Conference team. Next summer he will be a free agent. At that point he can tell the team he is on that he wants to be with the Lakers. The Lakers do not have a cap room to sign him so they will need to do a sign-and-trade. If that team wants to recoup some assets they lost when trading for Kawhi, it is in their best interest to do so.

warfelg
06-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Follow me here, I didn't say the Lakers would trade for Kawhi this year. I am saying the Spurs will probably trade him to an Eastern Conference team. Next summer he will be a free agent. At that point he can tell the team he is on that he wants to be with the Lakers. The Lakers do not have a cap room to sign him so they will need to do a sign-and-trade. If that team wants to recoup some assets they lost when trading for Kawhi, it is in their best interest to do so.

If the lakers need to S&T for Kawhi, then a big FA they sign or a slew of contracts will need to go out.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2018, 11:42 PM
If the lakers need to S&T for Kawhi, then a big FA they sign or a slew of contracts will need to go out.

yup. That is why its so unlikely because they will also have Deng. The spurs have all the chips if the lakers really want a big 3... if not the lakers will have to just deal with have a big 2 which is fine but isnt beating the warriors.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2018, 11:52 PM
Not necessarily. Next summer Deng will be an expiring contract with one year left. He will most definitely be a part of the deal.

He will be owed $19 million. If Kawhi signs a five-year max for $183 million, his first year he will be owed about $31 million. The Lakers will need to come up to about $27.5 million which means they only need 8 million dollars worth of salary on top of Deng along with draft picks. I could see Ball's $8 million fitting with Deng on a sign and trade. Depending if that team needs a point guard

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2018, 11:54 PM
yup. That is why its so unlikely because they will also have Deng. The spurs have all the chips if the lakers really want a big 3... if not the lakers will have to just deal with have a big 2 which is fine but isnt beating the warriors.

Nope, the Spurs hold the chips for only so long. Come February they will have to trade him to another team or let him walk for free.

The Lakers and Spurs will be doing no trades together. The Lakers are going to be working with whoever the Spurs trade him to between now and February

kdspurman
06-22-2018, 12:38 AM
Nope, the Spurs hold the chips for only so long. Come February they will have to trade him to another team or let him walk for free.

The Lakers and Spurs will be doing no trades together. The Lakers are going to be working with whoever the Spurs trade him to between now and February

If they trade him... Don't rule out this thing getting resolved internally. It seems like a long shot, but that's what the Spurs plan is at this time.

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:27 AM

cmon dude … philly isn't finalizing any deal like that without talking to KL... it doesn't make any sense... anyway... I guess SA punted for now and will see what happens when FA opens up

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:30 AM
There are teams that will gamble on him im sure. Even if it's for a year just to be relevant.

so you are saying they will ship him out before the season... I can't see them getting as much at the deadline because it is much more difficult to get deals done with the salary matching...

Lots of options when FA opens up because a lot more teams are willing to deal and there is a lot more cap available.

Gonna be interesting

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:32 AM

who said the Lakers were in the driver seat... I said KL was... trying paying attention

As for your analysis on the Lakers you are clueless as usual. they can continue to build the team and still have the flexibility to sign him next year... you really don't understand Maginka's philosophy so I won't waste my time on you.

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:34 AM

Don't waste your time with him. he is by definition clueless

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:36 AM

opt in and trade dude... you understand KL is theoretically under contract for two more years unless he opts out after this next season.

warfelg
06-22-2018, 07:44 AM
opt in and trade dude... you understand KL is theoretically under contract for two more years unless he opts out after this next season.

Your optimism on this deserves to be awarded.

warfelg
06-22-2018, 07:52 AM
With the report of LeBron only willing to meet with LAL and the Cavs (I think he's doing himself a disservice with that), and the feeling that PG13 is either OKC or LAL, I got a gut feeling that the Sixers and Spurs will work something out for Kawhi.

kdspurman, who would you feel if the Sixers/Spurs did something like Covington, 2019 Sixers Pick, 2021 Miami Pick, Furkan Korkmaz, Jerryd Bayless? I know on the surface that feels like a very low value trade, but I would even do it with that 2019 pick being unprotected for the #1 Sac pick. Cov will give you more at the 3 than Rudy Gay did last year, you got two picks to build with, Korkmaz is a fun developmental player to have in house.

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Your optimism on this deserves to be awarded.

I don't think the Lakers will get him until next summer if even then... I just think peoples read on the situation is ridiculous … we have seen this **** play out in the NBA time after time... the team with the star never gets full value and the player unfortunately holds all the cards.

Also I was just pointing out to you that there wouldn't be a S&T … the only real option next offseason is an opt in and trade

Vinylman
06-22-2018, 08:00 AM
With the report of LeBron only willing to meet with LAL and the Cavs (I think he's doing himself a disservice with that), and the feeling that PG13 is either OKC or LAL, I got a gut feeling that the Sixers and Spurs will work something out for Kawhi.

kdspurman, who would you feel if the Sixers/Spurs did something like Covington, 2019 Sixers Pick, 2021 Miami Pick, Furkan Korkmaz, Jerryd Bayless? I know on the surface that feels like a very low value trade, but I would even do it with that 2019 pick being unprotected for the #1 Sac pick. Cov will give you more at the 3 than Rudy Gay did last year, you got two picks to build with, Korkmaz is a fun developmental player to have in house.

talk about optimism LOL

two non-lottery picks and no established player... I mean there are 20 teams who could put that kind of deal together

warfelg
06-22-2018, 08:02 AM
I don't think the Lakers will get him until next summer if even then... I just think peoples read on the situation is ridiculous … we have seen this **** play out in the NBA time after time... the team with the star never gets full value and the player unfortunately holds all the cards.

Also I was just pointing out to you that there wouldn't be a S&T … the only real option next offseason is an opt in and trade

There could be....which is why I started with "If there is a S&T". But looks like you felt free to blow right past that to make a point. Even with an opt in and trade you'll still be giving up something significant.

Let's say LBJ and PG come this offseason and GMBron get's you to trade basically all the youth for win now players. What's the likelyhood that whatever team is holding Kawhi would take on vets like that? I think it all depends on what team has Kawhi at that point and what Vets are brought in with LBJ/PG.

warfelg
06-22-2018, 08:03 AM
talk about optimism LOL

two non-lottery picks and no established player... I mean there are 20 teams who could put that kind of deal together

2021 Miami pick is unprotected.

kdspurman
06-22-2018, 09:43 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Philly ends up being a partner if something went down. You have the Brett Brown connection, and the fact that it is an Eastern Conference team.

I would assume Fultz/Covington would both have to be involved tho if I'm the Spurs.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-22-2018, 10:07 AM
If they trade him... Don't rule out this thing getting resolved internally. It seems like a long shot, but that's what the Spurs plan is at this time.

That is true. Kobe Bryant demanded a trade all over LA radio back in 2007 and he ended up staying. Kawhi doesn't seem as stubborn or hardheaded as Kobe so I could see it being resolved as well. But in the meantime I know it's not fun for you to speculate but I think you would understand fans of teams wanting to somehow get him

warfelg
06-22-2018, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Philly ends up being a partner if something went down. You have the Brett Brown connection, and the fact that it is an Eastern Conference team.

I would assume Fultz/Covington would both have to be involved tho if I'm the Spurs.

Without the assurance of signing, I think it would be something like Fultz, Cov, 2021 Miami pick. Add in our own 2019 if you take Bayless. I just find it hard for Brett/FO being willing to part with too much without an assurance that it's going to last.

kdspurman
06-22-2018, 10:17 AM
That is true. Kobe Bryant demanded a trade all over LA radio back in 2007 and he ended up staying. Kawhi doesn't seem as stubborn or hardheaded as Kobe so I could see it being resolved as well. But in the meantime I know it's not fun for you to speculate but I think you would understand fans of teams wanting to somehow get him

:laugh2: Not fun at all haha. I remember the Kobe thing, I think he put that statement out during the finals. Kawhi doesn't seem as stubborn, but Kobe was also speaking for himself. Kawhi has his Uncle who is not helping to make things easier.

We'll see what happens tho. If he stays, you won't hear anything more about him on ESPN that's for sure. They've never been so involved in a Spurs player like this

kdspurman
06-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Without the assurance of signing, I think it would be something like Fultz, Cov, 2021 Miami pick. Add in our own 2019 if you take Bayless. I just find it hard for Brett/FO being willing to part with too much without an assurance that it's going to last.

Absolutely. Philly would be the one team out East (and I guess NY but I don't know how realistic they are) that could get him to re sign if he does end up being moved IMO.

warfelg
06-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Absolutely. Philly would be the one team out East (and I guess NY but I don't know how realistic they are) that could get him to re sign if he does end up being moved IMO.

I think with Philly being a bigger market and a smart basketball town. A deep basketball run with two other guys to be the public face, the doctor what worked on him, and a smart coach that knows him; we might be able to convince him to stay.

IKnowHoops
06-22-2018, 11:56 AM
I think with Philly being a bigger market and a smart basketball town. A deep basketball run with two other guys to be the public face, the doctor what worked on him, and a smart coach that knows him; we might be able to convince him to stay.

I’m still hoping Bron is running some crazy misdirection and is setting up him and Kawaii to go to the sixers. That’s the only way I see him beating GS.

HunterNRoss
06-22-2018, 12:00 PM

Keyword though is might. How valuable of assets are you willing to give up though to take that chance.

FlashBolt
06-22-2018, 03:04 PM
You guys really think LeBron wants to play another second with J.R. Smith?

Heediot
06-22-2018, 05:39 PM

I think the Raptors are a dark horse. I think OG Anunoby would intrigue Pops. He's a type of player/prospect that Pops may be able to mold into a two-way stud like Kawhi. Both guys coming in the league as strong defenders, Pops and co honing their offense and fine tuning their all around game. DD and OG for KL?

Jamiecballer
06-22-2018, 06:18 PM
I think the Raptors are a dark horse. I think OG Anunoby would intrigue Pops. He's a type of player/prospect that Pops may be able to mold into a two-way stud like Kawhi. Both guys coming in the league as strong defenders, Pops and co honing their offense and fine tuning their all around game. DD and OG for KL?

plus picks i'm sure but hell i am down, even if it's just a rental.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2018, 01:17 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23876933/bruce-bowen-rips-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-not-one-said-anything

Another ex Spur taking shots at Leonard.

Spurs need to cut the cord already.

LA_1
06-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Kawhi Leonard - F - Spurs
Kawhi Leonard has made it "very, very clear" that he wants to be traded to the Lakers, according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.
Here's the full quote from Smith: "From what I am being told… he’s made it very, very clear that he’s looking to go to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers and he does not care about the $219 million super max he could sign." Spurs GM R.C. Buford said after the draft on Thursday night that the Spurs would prefer to keep Leonard, but that they would explore all of their options. San Antonio will continue to try and mend fences, but it appears Kawhi may have played his last game as a Spur.
Source: ESPN.com

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 10:32 AM
There could be....which is why I started with "If there is a S&T". But looks like you felt free to blow right past that to make a point. Even with an opt in and trade you'll still be giving up something significant.

Let's say LBJ and PG come this offseason and GMBron get's you to trade basically all the youth for win now players. What's the likelyhood that whatever team is holding Kawhi would take on vets like that? I think it all depends on what team has Kawhi at that point and what Vets are brought in with LBJ/PG.

sigh…. this is the Lakers … not the Cavs

and fwiw... who are these great talents that LBJ has got the Cavs to trade away? That whole narrative is a myth... he has had impact when it comes to FA's but that is it...

I would expect him to push to bring Noel/KCP (inside deal people don't understand) in some capacity but I doubt much gets traded away and if it does the Laker youth is a lot better than any of the trash Cleveland ever traded away.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2018, 10:59 AM
3 team trade...

LAL gets: F Kawhi Leonard
SA gets: F Brandon Ingram, F Kyle Kuzma
PHX gets: F Luol Deng, G Lonzo Ball

Lakers fans will say they're overpaying which means it's probably a fair enough premium for SA to deal in conference and for PHX to take Deng.

Lakers would have on their cap:

Leonard - $20,099,188
Julius Randle - $12,447,726 (cap hold)
Tyler Ennis - $1,656,092
Josh Hart - $1,655,160
Ivica Zubac - $1,544,951
Thomas Bryant - $1,378,242

That's a total of $38,781,359 for 6 players.

The minimum roster charge is $831,927. LA is going to want to sign PG and Lebron so that would be 2 more players. They'll need 5 roster charges then to get up the 13 man minimum. That's a total of $4,159,635.

Added onto the salaries/cap holds above that brings them to $42,940,994. The cap is projected to be $101M so that gives them $58,059,006 of cap space to use.

PG's max will be 30% of the cap, or $30.3M. Lebron's will be 35% of the cap, or $35.35M. So, in order to max out both, the Lakers will need $65.65 to max out both. So right now they're about $7,590,994 short. They do have some flexibility to create a little more space.

Ennis, Zubac and Bryant are all fully non-guaranteed. The Lakers could waive them but then they have to add a corresponding roster spot cap hold. So if they waived all 3 the combined savings would be $2,083,504. So still more work to do. That means they'd have another $5,507,490 of room to create.

I think at this point you'd try to get Lebron/PG to take paycuts. Unlikely though. So what probably has to happen is they renounce Randle. That gets them the room they need with about $5-7M of leftover cap space, depending on if they keep the non-guaranteed guys. Plus they'd have the room exception. Could they get Lopez and KCP back with the leftover cap space and the room exception?

KCP / Ennis
PG / Hart
Kawhi
LBJ
Lopez / Zubac

Plus a bunch of vet min guys.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 11:14 AM
3 team trade...

LAL gets: F Kawhi Leonard
SA gets: F Brandon Ingram, F Kyle Kuzma
PHX gets: F Luol Deng, G Lonzo Ball

Lakers fans will say they're overpaying which means it's probably a fair enough premium for SA to deal in conference and for PHX to take Deng.

Lakers would have on their cap:

Leonard - $20,099,188
Julius Randle - $12,447,726 (cap hold)
Tyler Ennis - $1,656,092
Josh Hart - $1,655,160
Ivica Zubac - $1,544,951
Thomas Bryant - $1,378,242

That's a total of $38,781,359 for 6 players.

The minimum roster charge is $831,927. LA is going to want to sign PG and Lebron so that would be 2 more players. They'll need 5 roster charges then to get up the 13 man minimum. That's a total of $4,159,635.

Added onto the salaries/cap holds above that brings them to $42,940,994. The cap is projected to be $101M so that gives them $58,059,006 of cap space to use.

PG's max will be 30% of the cap, or $30.3M. Lebron's will be 35% of the cap, or $35.35M. So, in order to max out both, the Lakers will need $65.65 to max out both. So right now they're about $7,590,994 short. They do have some flexibility to create a little more space.

Ennis, Zubac and Bryant are all fully non-guaranteed. The Lakers could waive them but then they have to add a corresponding roster spot cap hold. So if they waived all 3 the combined savings would be $2,083,504. So still more work to do. That means they'd have another $5,507,490 of room to create.

I think at this point you'd try to get Lebron/PG to take paycuts. Unlikely though. So what probably has to happen is they renounce Randle. That gets them the room they need with about $5-7M of leftover cap space, depending on if they keep the non-guaranteed guys. Plus they'd have the room exception. Could they get Lopez and KCP back with the leftover cap space and the room exception?

KCP / Ennis
PG / Hart
Kawhi
LBJ
Lopez / Zubac

Plus a bunch of vet min guys.

no thanks... they aren't gonna pay that much to get rid of deng… they can just stretch him.

Not to mention they could just trade Ball / Deng and a first to OKC if PG13 would opt in which saves them around $10 million on the cap this year. OKC isn't turning that deal down.

I don't see the Lakers getting a deal done with SA anyway... the smart thing to do is try the above trade with OKC and sign LBJ... is that enough to get LBJ to bite? I don't know but if he is as smart of a GM as he thinks he is it should be because he keeps the assets this year which enables them to trade for KL in an opt in next summer or sign him outright in FA...

If the reports are true I doubt KL cares about getting a max in LA to play with those guys.

LaVar Ball
06-23-2018, 11:17 AM
LeBron, Boogie and Reddick to the Lakers

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 12:05 PM
Either rape the Spurs in the *** with a trade or wait for next off season to sign him. I have it on good word that he is very serious about only wanting to play for the Lakers and will opt out after next season no matter who he goes to and whether they win a championship or not.

LakersEaglesLA
06-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Lakers should definitely wait til next Summer. Give up NOTHING!

hugepatsfan
06-23-2018, 12:35 PM
If you sign him next summer you’ll need cap space to do it. That makes it harder to build a team with multiple stars compared to for him now while he’s about $12M cheaper.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 12:49 PM
If you sign him next summer you’ll need cap space to do it. That makes it harder to build a team with multiple stars compared to for him now while he’s about $12M cheaper.

If the Lakers can dump Deng in the next year without taking any salary back and they don't resign Randle. They can sign two max guys this off-season then have enough for one max guy next off-season. It depends upon the cap going up and how much but as long as its above 108, they can do it. They would have Lebron, George, Kawhi, Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Wagner which would total 108 million.

IndyRealist
06-23-2018, 12:50 PM
Lakers should definitely wait til next Summer. Give up NOTHING!

How do you know that's not going to piss him off? He's made it clear he wants out this summer and does not want to play in San Antonio next year. If the Lakers do not accommodate him....

IndyRealist
06-23-2018, 12:51 PM
Kawhi Leonard - F - Spurs
Kawhi Leonard has made it "very, very clear" that he wants to be traded to the Lakers, according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.
Here's the full quote from Smith: "From what I am being told… he’s made it very, very clear that he’s looking to go to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers and he does not care about the $219 million super max he could sign." Spurs GM R.C. Buford said after the draft on Thursday night that the Spurs would prefer to keep Leonard, but that they would explore all of their options. San Antonio will continue to try and mend fences, but it appears Kawhi may have played his last game as a Spur.
Source: ESPN.com

Just because he says what you want to hear does not make SAS a reliable source.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2018, 01:25 PM
Durant took a pay cut so GS could sign Iggy. 2 years 51 million. Now Durant is going to get paid this year. Durant has shown the road.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 01:54 PM
How do you know that's not going to piss him off? He's made it clear he wants out this summer and does not want to play in San Antonio next year. If the Lakers do not accommodate him....

what? the Lakers have zero control over the situation and more importantly any player worth anything wouldn't want his new team to gut their roster...

the convo would be about 2 seconds... hey KL … we tried to trade for you but SA wouldn't even talk to us... sure hope you understand.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Just because he says what you want to hear does not make SAS a reliable source.

the irony of this post and your post right before it is beyond hilarious...

which is it? are we suppose to believe KL didn't say he wanted to be traded to the Lakers or that he will be pissed off if the Lakers don't do everything they can to sign him

LMFAO

IndyRealist
06-23-2018, 03:05 PM
the irony of this post and your post right before it is beyond hilarious...

which is it? are we suppose to believe KL didn't say he wanted to be traded to the Lakers or that he will be pissed off if the Lakers don't do everything they can to sign him

LMFAO

I can comment on nonsense and still realize it's nonsense. For instance, I comment on your posts.

kdspurman
06-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Per Sam Amick

But in the days that followed, the Spurs wasted no time in sending this message all around the NBA: The only Western Conference team he might be playing for is theirs.

Fellow West teams have been told, in essence, to get lost – none moreso than the Lakers, according to ESPN. As it stands, the Spurs are determined to either fix the situation or trade Leonard to an Eastern Conference team.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/23/lebron-james-free-agent-chris-paul-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/728017002/

Not even a little surprised at this. Boston/Philly might be the options if they can't resolve some stuff internally with him.

kdspurman
06-23-2018, 03:22 PM

Didn't think about Toronto honestly, in terms of legit candidates. They fit the criteria of playing in the east, so that's already an advantage over half the other teams.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Per Sam Amick

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/23/lebron-james-free-agent-chris-paul-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/728017002/

Not even a little surprised at this. Boston/Philly might be the options if they can't resolve some stuff internally with him.Doesn't matter, we'll just sign him next offseason, not lose any of our young guys and be even better then if the Spurs just traded with us haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 04:22 PM
I can comment on nonsense and still realize it's nonsense. For instance, I comment on your posts.

still waiting on that net negative analysis you spouted on BL

Good to see you acknowledge you just talk out of both sides of your mouth... the sad part is you don't even realize it...

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Per Sam Amick

Not even a little surprised at this. Boston/Philly might be the options if they can't resolve some stuff internally with him.

smart to preclude half the trading partners in the league... Sounds like something Buford would do :rolleyes:

FlashBolt
06-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter, we'll just sign him next offseason, not lose any of our young guys and be even better then if the Spurs just traded with us haha.

Not really because the entire point is to get rid of Deng and get Kawhi so the salary works for another max player.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 04:35 PM
Not really because the entire point is to get rid of Deng and get Kawhi so the salary works for another max player.

I tend to agree with you and I think the idea that "we will just sign him next year" is a little naïve.

However, I also think people are missing one thing... unless LBJ comes (which is probably only around 25-30%) there is basically zero chance the Lakers trade for KL... they would put all their efforts into getting PG13 and just punt until next year by letting the young guys continue forward....

The big 3 idea is kinda dumb anyway... Houston took GS to 7 with a big 1.5 and some really good role players... but role players nonetheless …

Lakers need to stay focused on PG13 at this point as he is the most likely big name they can get. If they waste to much time on LBJ they probably miss out on everyone.

FlashBolt
06-23-2018, 04:52 PM
I get why Pop and the Spurs won't trade Kawhi to a Western Conference team but I think they are hurting their franchise indirectly. It's a players league these days and when players start realizing that you won't cater to them, word spreads and getting top free agents become a bigger problem than it had to be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Didn't think about Toronto honestly, in terms of legit candidates. They fit the criteria of playing in the east, so that's already an advantage over half the other teams.

Who would Pops want in return? Also would Raptors want a trio of Lowry,DD,Kawhi core or what? Trade Val and/or Ibaka and bench pieces or get a third team involved? Or Raptors give up one of their own back court players? Or Pops would want most of the Raptors young bench players? Also with Kawhi as a possible rental to all east teams. I think most offers will be pretty grim for Pops.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2018, 05:19 PM
Curious what Pops would want from my Bucks if they had talks. Middleton and Brogdon and Maker? But if Kawhi walks its just losing assets. But Middleton has a player option after this season and he could opt out and bolt. Also Brogdon will be RFA next year. Doubt Pops wants a S&T of Parker. Doubt he wants Bledsoe either.

Even if Pops didn't want Middleton. Is Kawhi strictly a SF or small ball PF now or can he handle playing SG yet? Been a while since I watched Kawhi play. Since Middleton is mainly SF and small ball PF now. So reason why Parker maybe stuck as 6th man if we keep him r sign and trade him away.

Bucks still need a PG,SG,C yet and bench is very thin. But then again with Kidd and Prunty/Sweeney gone. Bud may only give each starter like 30 minutes tops. Where previously Giannis and Middleton be getting over 40 minutes and burnout midseason.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 05:35 PM
I get why Pop and the Spurs won't trade Kawhi to a Western Conference team but I think they are hurting their franchise indirectly. It's a players league these days and when players start realizing that you won't cater to them, word spreads and getting top free agents become a bigger problem than it had to be.

yep... I don't like it but the NBA culture and power has shifted to the players. the sooner teams adapt the better off they will be...

Bostonjorge
06-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Once George leaves Okc it will be a reminder to every team of what not to do. No one will offer anything worth mentioning and be made to look like idiots after Leonard leaves like he said he was doing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Once George leaves Okc it will be a reminder to every team of what not to do. No one will offer anything worth mentioning and be made to look like idiots after Leonard leaves like he said he was doing.

Yeah if Kawhi is a rental to all east teams. I expect scraps or average players pitched back and maybe a very late first. I wouldn't expect any block busters. I was almost gonna suggest the Heat go after Kawhi. But not sure what Pops would want from Pat. Dragic, Whiteside for Kawhi, Gasol? Maybe other stuff added from either side? Not sure if Pops would want Whiteside though. He may want Dragic and BAM for Kawhi.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2018, 05:57 PM
Yeah if Kawhi is a rental to all east teams. I expect scraps or average players pitched back and maybe a very late first. I wouldn't expect any block busters. I was almost gonna suggest the Heat go after Kawhi. But not sure what Pops would want from Pat. Dragic, Whiteside for Kawhi, Gasol? Maybe other stuff added from either side? Not sure if Pops would want Whiteside though. He may want Dragic and BAM for Kawhi.

Yup any team not LA will have to add Melo type level of players in trade and pray it gets Leonard to stay, which is not a good idea either. Guys at a higher level are never available in trade. Spurs are just digging them selfs into a hole.

kdspurman
06-23-2018, 06:00 PM
smart to preclude half the trading partners in the league... Sounds like something Buford would do :rolleyes:

RC is one of the best in the business, I don't blame him.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 06:04 PM
RC is one of the best in the business, I don't blame him.

I think you missed my point

LA_1
06-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Lmao the spurs are ****ing stupid, NO one in the east is gonna give them a good deal. At least LA could’ve offered one of their young guys. Lol. Can’t wait until this bites them in ***. They deserve it after being so childish and stubborn.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Lmao the spurs are ****ing stupid, NO one in the east is gonna give them a good deal. At least LA could’ve offered one of their young guys. Lol. Can’t wait until this bites them in ***. They deserve it after being so childish and stubborn.

there are several teams from philly to the raptors that will offer them a good deal but continue the wishful thinking.

TakeYourL
06-23-2018, 07:34 PM
You guys are delusional.

How are the Spurs stupid for trying everything they can to keep Leonard? How are they stupid by trying to play hard ball with other teams in case they do inevitably have to trade him?

Who knows how long until they get another player of his talent level. Pop isn't getting any younger, what happens with Leonard drastically changes the rest of pops career in San Antonio.

Of course they are going to fight to keep him or fight to get everything can in a trade, if LA or a western conference team want him they are going to have to pay.

FlashBolt
06-23-2018, 07:39 PM
You guys are delusional.

How are the Spurs stupid for trying everything they can to keep Leonard? How are they stupid by trying to play hard ball with other teams in case they do inevitably have to trade him?

Who knows how long until they get another player of his talent level. Pop isn't getting any younger, what happens with Leonard drastically changes the rest of pops career in San Antonio.

Of course they are going to fight to keep him or fight to get everything can in a trade, if LA or a western conference team want him they are going to have to pay.

Who are you debating with? No one has said they are stupid.

IndyRealist
06-23-2018, 07:53 PM
still waiting on that net negative analysis you spouted on BL

Good to see you acknowledge you just talk out of both sides of your mouth... the sad part is you don't even realize it...

Honestly forgot who I was talking to and which thread it was with the draft, all I remembered was that it was a Lakers fan.

Year
Pt/48
Rb/48
Blk/48
TO/48
PF/48
2pt%
3pt%
3ptA
FT%
Overall

Average

Slightly Below Average

Below Average

Below Average

Tables are super cumbersome on PSD. Bolded are where Lopez was below average for a big man. Red is where he was significantly below average for a big man.

Of note is that as he became a (below average, high volume) 3pt shooter, it cost him a substantial amount of offensive rebounds. Offensive rebounds are extra possessions (Where possessions are FGM + TO + ORB + TmRB). In a game where there are very few ways to generate extra possessions, that's a brutal tradeoff. In essence, in the last four years he went from pretty much average at everything to Andrea Bargnani.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 07:54 PM
Not really because the entire point is to get rid of Deng and get Kawhi so the salary works for another max player.It gives the Lakers another year to get out if the Deng contract.

kdspurman
06-23-2018, 08:18 PM
I think you missed my point

Perhaps I did.. but him not wanting to trade a player of Kawhi's caliber into the same conference makes sense. Had this ordeal been handled differently, maybe he and Pop are persuaded otherwise

there are several teams from philly to the raptors that will offer them a good deal but continue the wishful thinking.

Yea exactly. LA isn't the only team with pieces. I actually would have Philly as the fave out East with Boston a close 2nd. I keep saying teams would be willing to gamble on him.

Jamiecballer
06-23-2018, 08:20 PM
i just want to see some real drama here. like keep him and just sit him on the bench all-season. epic entertainment. we might not get a story this interesting again for a long time.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Perhaps I did.. but him not wanting to trade a player of Kawhi's caliber into the same conference makes sense. Had this ordeal been handled differently, maybe he and Pop are persuaded otherwise

Yea exactly. LA isn't the only team with pieces. I actually would have Philly as the fave out East with Boston a close 2nd. I keep saying teams would be willing to gamble on him.

Yea I personally think the spurs will get quite a bit from Philly or Boston... In fact I think a deal of Fultz/Covington/Our recent first or the 2021 unprotected first is likely if not both. It might be an overpay for a player that could leave but KL is in fact a top 5 player who we would have a year to convince to stay. If Fultz didnt have the shooting issues him/cov and a first would be enough but he does and it likely wont be and we will have to give up the extra first. It is what it is.

TakeYourL
06-23-2018, 08:55 PM

What are you talking about...

Half the posts say how they are stupid for not trading him right away or for saying they won't trade him to the west.

goingfor28
06-23-2018, 08:57 PM

This scenario is actually preferable because the Lakers would keep almost all of their young guys along with the veteran superstars.According to SAS...lol

kdspurman
06-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Yea I personally think the spurs will get quite a bit from Philly or Boston... In fact I think a deal of Fultz/Covington/Our recent first or the 2021 unprotected first is likely if not both. It might be an overpay for a player that could leave but KL is in fact a top 5 player who we would have a year to convince to stay. If Fultz didnt have the shooting issues him/cov and a first would be enough but he does and it likely wont be and we will have to give up the extra first. It is what it is.

I think the Smith trade definitely had a potential deal in mind. And I think there'd be as good a chance he stays in Philly as any city, not named LA, for a variety of reasons.

I think they'll hold off as much as they can, and hear some offers. But I definitely think Philly/Boston are at the top. And with Philly getting that unprotected pick, it may have given them the edge

corky831
06-23-2018, 09:58 PM
I believe the Celtics have the most to offer, with the possibility of 4 1st round picks next yr. The SAC pick and Memphis pick are extremely valuable, but I'd rather the Cs hold on to their assets, Leonard will bolt after a yr ro LA, and Kyrie could leave for NY. Not worth the risk IMO.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2018, 10:01 PM
A east team can trade for Leonard without giving up to much then flip Leonard to LA and land a young star. Everyone wins.

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2018, 10:44 PM
A east team can trade for Leonard without giving up to much then flip Leonard to LA and land a young star. Everyone wins.

lmao this is actually what I think will happen.... SAS going to look like fools, get Ingram + stop ****ing around and get a discount offer from the East.

Bostonjorge
06-24-2018, 12:06 AM
lmao this is actually what I think will happen.... SAS going to look like fools, get Ingram + stop ****ing around and get a discount offer from the East.

Spurs can trade Leonard to Brooklyn for Carroll and Lin. Then Brooklyn can trade Leonard to Lakers for Ingram and Deng. Deng fits perfect with Brooklyn’s plan to have 2 max slots in 2020 while adding Ingram for 5 years.

kdspurman
06-24-2018, 12:14 AM

I highly doubt they'll look like fools. These guys know what they're doing. Ingram isn't Kawhi, nor is he close to him. Regardless of where he goes (if he's traded) it's a downgrade. They surely won't settle just cause LA wants him or he wants to be in LA.

lakerfan85
06-24-2018, 12:21 AM
This is the beginning of the end for the Spurs...

kdspurman
06-24-2018, 12:45 AM
This is the beginning of the end for the Spurs...

Definitely feel like I've heard this one before :laugh2:

LaVar Ball
06-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Definitely feel like I've heard this one before :laugh2:

Yea, but it wasn't personnel and ego related with people wanting to bolt the organization.

LaVar Ball
06-24-2018, 02:04 AM
I highly doubt they'll look like fools. These guys know what they're doing. Ingram isn't Kawhi, nor is he close to him. Regardless of where he goes (if he's traded) it's a downgrade. They surely won't settle just cause LA wants him or he wants to be in LA.

It's going to be fun seeing the Spurs lose leverage and value for Kawhi with each passing second.

Confusious
06-24-2018, 03:11 AM
I kinda hope he goes to Philly if they don't get LeBron. We gotta get some stronger talent on these Eastern teams. Philly's missing one more really good player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2018, 08:00 AM

One kid for Kawhi? No Deng? Then you still lose a max cap slot instantly. Then lucky to land LeBron or PG13 and still stuck dealing two kids and maybe more to dump Deng yet if you want a big 3. A big 2 in the east is fine getting to the finals like LeBron and Love. But the west if LA gets a bad seed and maybe face Warriors first round they could knock out a big two of LeBron and either PG13 or Kawhi.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:24 AM

that's what I was thinking... the spurs should do everything they can to try and keep him and then in the end get the best deal they can.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Honestly forgot who I was talking to and which thread it was with the draft, all I remembered was that it was a Lakers fan.

Year
Pt/48
Rb/48
Blk/48
TO/48
PF/48
2pt%
3pt%
3ptA
FT%
Overall

Average

Slightly Below Average

Below Average

Below Average

Tables are super cumbersome on PSD. Bolded are where Lopez was below average for a big man. Red is where he was significantly below average for a big man.

Of note is that as he became a (below average, high volume) 3pt shooter, it cost him a substantial amount of offensive rebounds. Offensive rebounds are extra possessions (Where possessions are FGM + TO + ORB + TmRB). In a game where there are very few ways to generate extra possessions, that's a brutal tradeoff. In essence, in the last four years he went from pretty much average at everything to Andrea Bargnani.

easily the worse analysis I have ever seen... by any advance metric you could choose he is not a net negative player which is what you said

Again... you didn't say he was below average in handpicked categories... you said he had a net negative impact...

keep trying... it is entertaining

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 09:29 AM

The report is trash was my point... while Buford logically wouldn't want to send him to his desired location I doubt he is turning down a package of young players from Phoenix or some other western team

IKnowHoops
06-24-2018, 09:35 AM

LA 1 said Spurs were “f-ing stupid” for not trading Kawhi

IKnowHoops
06-24-2018, 09:38 AM
😂

kdspurman
06-24-2018, 10:05 AM
The report is trash was my point... while Buford logically wouldn't want to send him to his desired location I doubt he is turning down a package of young players from Phoenix or some other western team

I mentioned earlier but I think for sure they'd prefer to send him east. If they aren't satisfied with those packages I think they'd be open to moving him to certain WC teams (definitely not a division rival, not that any of them have a prayer anyway) but from the stuff thrown out there, there are some EC teams that could give some solid packages.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 10:22 AM
I mentioned earlier but I think for sure they'd prefer to send him east. If they aren't satisfied with those packages I think they'd be open to moving him to certain WC teams (definitely not a division rival, not that any of them have a prayer anyway) but from the stuff thrown out there, there are some EC teams that could give some solid packages.

obviously it is as follows:

1. talk him into staying
2. trade him east
3. trade him anywhere outside the division
100 Rape the Lakers

IndyRealist
06-24-2018, 10:37 AM
easily the worse analysis I have ever seen... by any advance metric you could choose he is not a net negative player which is what you said

Again... you didn't say he was below average in handpicked categories... you said he had a net negative impact...

keep trying... it is entertaining

He is a net negative player. I didn't say anything about advanced metrics, I was dumbing it down for you. He is so far below average at this point I have no idea what you're looking at. He's never been better than average offensively the last 4 years, has never been a good defender and went from average to terrible in rebounding. If he wasn't a Laker you'd be lol'ing at whoever had him. Obvious fan bias is obvious.

Switch
06-24-2018, 12:45 PM
I think Spurs eventually get off their high horse and trade him to the Lakers. I just can't see any team giving up more than the Lakers for 1 year of Kawhi.

Switch
06-24-2018, 12:46 PM

I'd laugh so hard if this were to happen. Spurs would look like fools

Joemoes
06-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Spurs are actually playing their cards right. LA is going to have to overpay for Kawhi. With Paul George now talking about staying in OkC and reports of him doing a 1+1. Lebron isn't going to LA alone. I like what they are doing.

TrueFan420
06-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Spurs are actually playing their cards right. LA is going to have to overpay for Kawhi. With Paul George now talking about staying in OkC and reports of him doing a 1+1. Lebron isn't going to LA alone. I like what they are doing.
A 1+1 makes a lot of sense for PG13. He can see what they do with Melos freed up cap space next year. If he doesn't like it he can leave and if he does he can stay.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:43 PM

interesting

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:45 PM
He is a net negative player. I didn't say anything about advanced metrics, I was dumbing it down for you. He is so far below average at this point I have no idea what you're looking at. He's never been better than average offensively the last 4 years, has never been a good defender and went from average to terrible in rebounding. If he wasn't a Laker you'd be lol'ing at whoever had him. Obvious fan bias is obvious.

again... I requoted your post in response to me that I said I would take him for the minimum... you still haven't shown him as a net negative... you might have dumbed it down for yourself but no one else... all useful metrics say he is an above average player... pick your metric... not some bull **** self serving regurgitation of stats selectively picked by the almighty INdyfan

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 02:52 PM
A 1+1 makes a lot of sense for PG13. He can see what they do with Melos freed up cap space next year. If he doesn't like it he can leave and if he does he can stay.

melo leaving doesn't create cap space... they will have 88 million in contracts and a ton of position holds and Georges cap hold … and that is if they don't sign anyone to a multi year deal this year... I really don't see how the Thunder are gonna be a contender with their cap situation and their mix of players...

Gonna be awesome though if PG13 gets $30 million and they can't dump contracts... their LT Bill will be $150 million this year to finish as the 4th or 5th seed

IndyRealist
06-24-2018, 03:25 PM
again... I requoted your post in response to me that I said I would take him for the minimum... you still haven't shown him as a net negative... you might have dumbed it down for yourself but no one else... all useful metrics say he is an above average player... pick your metric... not some bull **** self serving regurgitation of stats selectively picked by the almighty INdyfan

Average at one thing and below average at everything else is net negative. We've been through this over and over. People don't understand the metrics they are quoting, they just like them because it says what you want to see. Distilling it down to "here's the stats all this is based on, here's where he is below average" seemed like the approach least likely to go over your head. Guess I was wrong.

Vinylman
06-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Average at one thing and below average at everything else is net negative. We've been through this over and over. People don't understand the metrics they are quoting, they just like them because it says what you want to see. Distilling it down to "here's the stats all this is based on, here's where he is below average" seemed like the approach least likely to go over your head. Guess I was wrong.

simply put their isn't a single aggregate stat that shows him below average PER, VORP, Any WS

you are the one who makes broad generalizations and can't support them...

We get it … you don't like BL... no problem... that has nothing to do with him being a net negative player "the last 4 years"... he isn't by any composite metric.

Scoots
06-24-2018, 06:00 PM
simply put their isn't a single aggregate stat that shows him below average PER, VORP, Any WS

We get it … you don't like BL... no problem... that has nothing to do with him being a net negative player "the last 4 years"... he isn't by any composite metric.

You two have gone like 8 posts withing naming anyone. In this modern world did you ask the player which pronouns they want you to use? :)

And Vinyl, you suddenly got critical for me and one other person going off-topic for a couple posts which you extended to 10 posts or so, and here you are doing the same thing.

More-Than-Most
06-24-2018, 07:37 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/9

I want you to look at the names above him and realize just how bad that is for a center.

goingfor28
06-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Spurs are actually playing their cards right. LA is going to have to overpay for Kawhi. With Paul George now talking about staying in OkC and reports of him doing a 1+1. Lebron isn't going to LA alone. I like what they are doing.Lakers will end up getting no one this offseason and it's going to be fantastic.

HunterNRoss
06-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Lakers will end up getting no one this offseason and it's going to be fantastic.

Not the worst thing in the world. Resign Randle and continue to build on Ball,Hart,Ingram,Randle,Zubac and rookies while setting up for another good free agency next year.

Would be really nice to trade for Kawhi and/or sign a top tier FA but Lakers can work on continuing to develop.

IndyRealist
06-24-2018, 10:03 PM

I want you to look at the names above him and realize just how bad that is for a center.

He doesn't look at RPM because it doesn't tell him what he wants to hear.

mohye
06-25-2018, 12:24 AM
Lakers will end up getting no one this offseason and it's going to be fantastic.

You’re going to be very sad and but hurt when the dominos start to fall. Pg13 signs first then you know who...

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 07:33 AM

that is not a composite rating of a player... it is also basically worthless because it doesn't take into consideration usage. also... is he a net negative there?

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 07:34 AM
You two have gone like 8 posts withing naming anyone. In this modern world did you ask the player which pronouns they want you to use? :)

And Vinyl, you suddenly got critical for me and one other person going off-topic for a couple posts which you extended to 10 posts or so, and here you are doing the same thing.

naming anyone? it is pretty obvious who is being talked about

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 07:35 AM
He doesn't look at RPM because it doesn't tell him what he wants to hear.

how is RPM a net negative in that chart? You keep saying he is a net negative...

pretty relevant stat when it has KAT at 66 in DRPM

JOSKOMANG4
06-25-2018, 08:36 AM
I think Philly should hop, but only that their price.

Covington, 2019 Sixers 1st and Kings 2019 2nd.

PHI: Embiid/Saric/Leonard/Z.Smith/Simmons
B: Fultz, Holmes, Kormkaz, Cabarrot.

SAS: Gasol/LA/Covington/Walker/Murray
B: Mills, Lavergne, white, B.Paul

Boston, IMO, shouldn’t break up the squad bc as of right now(especially with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward), they are the top-team in the east.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2018, 08:47 AM
You’re going to be very sad and but hurt when the dominos start to fall. Pg13 signs first then you know who...

If LeBron stays with Cavs on 1 year deal. Maybe a chance PG13 doesn't want to be a babysitter alone with Lakers and the kids. So chance Lakers will be left hanging once again. Also if Pops stands firm of Kawhi to the east only even for meh offers. Lakers were rumored to want Cousins. But that Achilles tendon injury. Most players never the same coming back from that.

IndyRealist
06-25-2018, 08:59 AM
that is not a composite rating of a player... it is also basically worthless because it doesn't take into consideration usage. also... is he a net negative there?

It's obvious to everyone that you're out of your depth here. I'm dropping it, you should too.

Scoots
06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
naming anyone? it is pretty obvious who is being talked about

I had to go back 3 pages to figure it out :)

WaDe03
06-25-2018, 10:52 AM
I think Philly should hop, but only that their price.

Covington, 2019 Sixers 1st and Kings 2019 2nd.

PHI: Embiid/Saric/Leonard/Z.Smith/Simmons
B: Fultz, Holmes, Kormkaz, Cabarrot.

SAS: Gasol/LA/Covington/Walker/Murray
B: Mills, Lavergne, white, B.Paul

Boston, IMO, shouldn’t break up the squad bc as of right now(especially with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward), they are the top-team in the east.

Lmfao man!!!

WaDe03
06-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Dragic Winslow Bam and a combo of future picks.

Vinylman
06-25-2018, 10:56 AM
It's obvious to everyone that you're out of your depth here. I'm dropping it, you should too.

LOLOLOLOL … yeah... you and MTM... people should care what you two cook up in your minds

remember... he is a net negative player over the last 4 years according to you and not worth the vets min...

solid logic

GREATNESS ONE
06-25-2018, 05:11 PM
lmao Indy got pwned!

kdspurman
06-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Dragic Winslow Bam and a combo of future picks.

Winslow sure hasn't developed a like some thought he would

Scoots
06-25-2018, 06:58 PM
So, lets say the Cavs go all in for Kawhi ... they send some crap players to make the money work, how many first round picks do they need to cough up for the Spurs to go for it? 3? 4? 5?

Dade County
06-25-2018, 07:13 PM

1yr rental.

More-Than-Most
06-25-2018, 07:21 PM
LOLOLOLOL … yeah... you and MTM... people should care what you two cook up in your minds

remember... he is a net negative player over the last 4 years according to you and not worth the vets min...

solid logic

Never said you were wrong about your thinking in terms of the net negative stuff. He isnt a net negative but he sure as hell isnt someone id want on my team even for the MLE if I am trying to win a championship... His rebounding and defense are utter asspoop and you could live with that if he played any other position outside of center and PG... Even at the MLE he isnt worth the hole he will make on the floor which will make others worse... He is the center version of IT

he is 7 feet tall and grabbed 4 rebounds a game in 24 minutes last year... He is putrid. you had a hard on for this dude over randle all season when randle is just flat out better and the lakers best player now because you have no more ammo on this discussion are trying to find value for the trash can that is lopez at a minimum. Most NBA players at a minimum have some type of value but id rather have an Amir Johnson over the trash that is lopez any day and I hate Amir.

IndyRealist
06-25-2018, 08:02 PM
lmao Indy got pwned!

I swear one of you has to be a dupe account. That's about as insightful as anything he's posted, and all you do is jerk eachother off.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2018, 08:09 PM
You have to wonder... of allll these Kawhi-related rumors and "news", how much of it is really true?

More-Than-Most
06-25-2018, 08:12 PM
You have to wonder... of allll these Kawhi-related rumors and "news", how much of it is really true?

That he does want out... That he does feel like he was mishandled even though i think he is acting like a jerk and a ***** boy... That his uncle is giving him horrid advice and he is a beta... And that he does want to be a laker. The notion that its pops fault or the spurs fault or the spurs wont get much or should give him up now and they cant ever come together is ****ing moronic and just being pushed across by the media and LA market.

FlashBolt
06-25-2018, 08:38 PM
Brook Lopez is an above average player but he's just not a player you want on your team any longer. He's a really good shooter for a center but I find that in today's league, having a center who can punish teams in the interior has always been more positive. The fact is, Brook is a below average defender, rebounder, and playmaker. He's not a leader nor does he have any intangibles (the way Marcus Smart does) to make up for his lack of overall play. Idk about net negative but he's definitely not someone you should want on your team unless it's to play a few minutes.

WaDe03
06-25-2018, 09:40 PM

He looked really good in the playoffs last year. Knocking down 3s at a high clip and playing solid defense. He missed majority of his 2nd year so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. This year has to be a big year for him imo.

warfelg
06-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Brook Lopez is an above average player but he's just not a player you want on your team any longer. He's a really good shooter for a center but I find that in today's league, having a center who can punish teams in the interior has always been more positive. The fact is, Brook is a below average defender, rebounder, and playmaker. He's not a leader nor does he have any intangibles (the way Marcus Smart does) to make up for his lack of overall play. Idk about net negative but he's definitely not someone you should want on your team unless it's to play a few minutes.

What you just described doesn't sound like a positive or above average TBH.

corky831
06-25-2018, 09:57 PM
I wish Kawhi just stayed with the Spurs. That's what made him so likeable. Duncan basically passed the torch to him. Players leave teams like crazy now, it does bode for some great entertainment though and the NBA off season is now probably the most popular off season of the 3 major sports because of it.

TakeYourL
06-25-2018, 11:43 PM
I think this could go down the same way it did for deron Williams, some team will take a risk on him who isn't on his "list of teams", and they will risk that he will stay for the max contract.

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 12:28 AM
What you just described doesn't sound like a positive or above average TBH.

As a player, I think he's above average. He's better than most NBA players. If you made a list, would he not be on your top 200? The problem I simply have with Brook is he's not built to win and that's why I made the statement saying I wouldn't want him on my team. There are plenty of good players in the league who I wouldn't want on my team. It's nothing against them and I'm sure they are useful on a lesser role but if he can't defend, he has to rebound. If he can't rebound, he has to defend. And if he can't do either, he has to bring some leadership and energy. He does none of that. Part of why I love Smart as a player (not as a flopper) is because he brings all the intangibles that players lack today and it's why despite him having terrible numbers at times, his +/- is always one of the highest on the team. Brook Lopez can't do any of that. Love can't play defense but he can rebound. You just have to be able to do something very well and Brook hasn't.

Scoots
06-26-2018, 06:13 AM
I think this could go down the same way it did for deron Williams, some team will take a risk on him who isn't on his "list of teams", and they will risk that he will stay for the max contract.

... and his play will fall off a cliff?