PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs 2nd Round (LA Borrachos v Team Rosh)

valade16
06-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Team Rosh - Homecourt Advantage

C: Shaquille O'Neal (34) | Wes Unseld (10) | Mychal Thompson (4)
PF: Wes Unseld (20) | Robert Horry (28)
SF: Grant Hill (34) | Stephen Jackson (14) | Cedric Maxwell
SG: Sidney Moncrief (33) | Kyrie irving (13)
PG: Kyrie Irving (20) | Deron Williams (28)

vs.

LA Borrachos

HC- Phil Jackson

C- Jack Sikma/ Joel Embiid
PF- Pau Gasol/ Rick Mahorn
SF- Ron Artest/ Kyle Korver
SG- Micheal Jordan
PG- Gail Goodrich/ Mark Jackson

KnicksorBust
06-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Turrible matchup for Borrachos.

Moncrief is probably a top 5 defender to put on MJ and Shaq eats Sikma.

Dunkapolooza
06-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Its crazy to me to see how the mood of these games has changed. As if centers don't matter and its all about who has the best perimeter player. Shaq vs pau or sikma? It doesn't get much easier than that.

dhopisthename
06-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Its crazy to me to see how the mood of these games has changed. As if centers don't matter and its all about who has the best perimeter player. Shaq vs pau or sikma? It doesn't get much easier than that.

yeah I don't understand how two people insta picked borrachos. I couldn't imagine a worse matchup for his team except for maybe mine.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2018, 08:18 PM
I actually don't like Rosh's team much. But G1 has gotten through based on Jordan being dominant and Rosh has an answer for that with Shaq.

KnicksorBust
06-14-2018, 07:19 AM
I actually don't like Rosh's team much. But G1 has gotten through based on Jordan being dominant and Rosh has an answer for that with Shaq.

And Moncrief.

I cant vote on my phone but put me down for rosh. Whats the vote here?

Lucky.
06-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Counting your vote, 7-4 Rosh

Lucky.
06-14-2018, 08:22 AM
I would have liked to see a potential MJ vs Kobe/Pippen just because, but Rosh is indeed an awful match-up for LA Borrachos. As already explained, no answer anywhere for Shaq, and Moncrief will make MJ work for everything.

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Lmfao Iím not even trying and itís 7-5

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=YZZzx

You guys donít know **** about basketball. Sure Moncrief was a great player and 2-time DPOY but he got worked on by MJ just like everyone else.

Unseld would get murdered by Pau. Itís not even close.

Sikma is a hilarious matchup vs Shaq, so we will be using him drawing Shaq out the paint as a shooter and applying the Hack a Shaq technique and dominating his wings with MJ/Artest. I would pay to watch Embiid vs Shaq tho :nod:

KnicksorBust
06-14-2018, 05:50 PM
null

Your first sentence is gold. I won the whole thing with MJ and Pau. :)

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2018, 08:53 PM
We need 30 votes in this.

Super.
06-14-2018, 09:11 PM

Didn't seem to matter last year

KnicksorBust
06-14-2018, 09:18 PM

Didn't seem to matter last year

The team with Moncrief also had Shaq being guarded by Sikma?

Super.
06-14-2018, 09:24 PM

Did you miss the bold?

Im just being a bitter bastard lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2018, 09:52 PM

Riiiiiiiiight. Trust me, if I wanted to win, I would.

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2018, 09:55 PM
We need 30 votes in this.

I can bring lots of voters but yaíll ***** and complain. A Phil jackson Head Coach team with triangle offense players like Sikma, MJ, Pau, Artest, Embiid etc ... I would rather let you guys battle it out letting KOB pretend geís right when he keeps losing sig bets and is pretty much wrong most of the time lmfao.

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Anyways enjoy your guys game! Back to the Lakers Forum for me (the most hands down forum around NBA)

Iíll let you know it all go at it lmfao Moncrief stopping MJ :laugh2: what a joke

KnicksorBust
06-15-2018, 06:50 AM

Did you miss the bold?

Im just being a bitter bastard lol

:laugh:

KnicksorBust
06-15-2018, 07:57 AM

Riiiiiiiiight. Trust me, if I wanted to win, I would.

I don't really post on twitter but I think this works here.

#thingspeoplesayrightbeforetheylose

Quinnsanity
06-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Can we stop with this Phil Jackson nonsense? We don't have coaches in this game. Stop trying to cheat.

Dunkapolooza
06-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Ron Artest is basically JR Smith. Only more crazy.

Lakers + Giants
06-15-2018, 02:36 PM
I hope V can still post Dunka v G1 just for bragging rights. **** would be epic.

Dunkapolooza
06-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Why would I bother? His team is utter trash. Would Artest / Pau even be enough offensive support to take on the Rockets in the actual NBA? That's about as **** a core group as I've ever seen in this league.

Pau needed to be on a super team to be anything more than Elton Brand. As the leader of the team he wouldn't even make the HOF. Ron Artest should barely be a starter too. He's at least one of the worst starters in the league. Gail might actually be the worst. Ron made one all start game guys. freaking one. That's one season when he was like a top 24 player in the league.

Besides that I just lost my matchup without any sort of coherent argument or evidence to a team with utter **** for construction. Porter Amare and Bernard King as role players around Kobe? What the **** lol. If you put harden next to kobe people would say that wouldn't work. He put three hardens.

Its an embarrassment this Jordan team went anywhere when it would probably lose to the 96 bulls

KnicksorBust
06-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Why would I bother? His team is utter trash. Would Artest / Pau even be enough offensive support to take on the Rockets in the actual NBA? That's about as **** a core group as I've ever seen in this league.

Pau needed to be on a super team to be anything more than Elton Brand. As the leader of the team he wouldn't even make the HOF. Ron Artest should barely be a starter too. He's at least one of the worst starters in the league. Gail might actually be the worst. Ron made one all start game guys. freaking one. That's one season when he was like a top 24 player in the league.

Besides that I just lost my matchup without any sort of coherent argument or evidence to a team with utter **** for construction. Porter Amare and Bernard King as role players around Kobe? What the **** lol. If you put harden next to kobe people would say that wouldn't work. He put three hardens.

Its an embarrassment this Jordan team went anywhere when it would probably lose to the 96 bulls

I actually told him in the chatzy that his ceiling was 2nd round and that he best case scenario was to steal a round because of MJ. He laughed but spot on as usual.

Dunkapolooza
06-15-2018, 04:10 PM
I remember you saying that.

Its a shame because this game 100% relies on the voting system. If people don't take the time to carefully consider their votes then there isn't a game. Its just a dice roll that can vary through the day based on the voters mood. Rather than any sort of logic, reasoning, or evidence.

For example I just lost to a **** kobe squad surrounded by mostly volume scorers and ball handlers who bring absolutely nothing else to the table. Who is supposed to win in the fast break battle without winning the rebound battle, with his best player shooting 41%, and big men who can't outlet pass. Makes a lot of sense.

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2018, 04:22 PM
I actually told him in the chatzy that his ceiling was 2nd round and that he best case scenario was to steal a round because of MJ. He laughed but spot on as usual.

Lmao ***** please !!!! You said 1st round exit! BAck track as usual!

Lucky.
06-15-2018, 08:05 PM

King is there to come off the bench and give the offense a spark when majority of my starters are out of the game. I donít know why youíre including him as if heís my 2nd best player. Iíll take Bernard King for that role every time. Heís certainly a helluva lot better than what certain teams have coming off the bench.

And Terry Porter? Whatís wrong with Terry Porter? Lol. Youíre right, I should have drafted Gary Payton in the 5th round to be my 5th best starter. What was I thinking, that would have been so much better. I donít get the complaint about Porter whatsoever. Heís a good fit next to Kobe. Very efficient and can absolutely play off ball when he has to.

And you canít compare Amaríe playing next to Kobe with Harden playing next to Kobe. One is a guard, and one is a big man working down low. But regardless, I guess you just canít have two high USG% players in one starting lineup of an ATRD.

Lucky for you, Wilt never averaged 40 shots per game. Because if he did, he would NEVER be able to work with James Hardenís league leading USG% in his MVP season. /s

I mean, I think. I donít know. I thought we were just assuming great players canít adjust to playing with one another. We were doing that, right?

I also never even brought up the fastbreak, but w/e.

valade16
06-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Team Rosh wins.