PDA

View Full Version : Was the 2017-2018 Warriors the Softest team in NBA History?

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:16 PM
I'm trying to think of "softer" teams but just can't. I know it's subjective, but I genuinely can't think of a softer team. Maybe OKC with Westy, KD and Harden- but even then they had Perk to drop gloves. But this Warriors team had no one that scared anyone. Dray was more of a child than an enforcer (go check the finals game thread- no one thought he was "tough").

I believe this was the softest team in NBA history. Convince me I'm wrong.

Vee-Rex
06-11-2018, 02:24 PM
https://www.ingunowners.com/rimg.php?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ingunowners.com %2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D77805%26page%3D5&src=http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm359/adminscottj/IBTL-Shining.jpg

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:26 PM
https://www.ingunowners.com/rimg.php?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ingunowners.com %2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D77805%26page%3D5&src=http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm359/adminscottj/IBTL-Shining.jpg

Ohhh. Right. We're allowed to call out other teams via threads. Just not the Warriors. They walk on water. But seriously, if you watch the NBA you know I have a point. And it's valid. Got it.

This is the NBA forum. And this post/thread does not cross the line.

JLynn943
06-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Some of those Suns 7-seconds-or-less teams were pretty soft. But as far as NBA history goes, I'm sure there's been plenty softer than this year's Warriors.

I don't really think of this Warriors team as soft anyway. At any time, they could just throw Zaza in there. I wouldn't be afraid of Draymond if I were another player, but he still plays physical.

FOXHOUND
06-11-2018, 02:51 PM
They weren't even close to the softest team this season... hello Toronto Raptors.

Close this lol.

cmellofan15
06-11-2018, 03:08 PM
lmao we get it, you don't like the warriors... but calling a back to back champion the 'softest team ever' is incredibly stupid (even coming from the likes of you where these things are expected).

COOLbeans
06-11-2018, 03:42 PM
2018 NBA Champions

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Draymond and David West are Tough Guys.

Toughest guy on Bucks, Jason Terry? lol

burtgummer
06-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Someone is very butthurt

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Someone is very butthurt
Whoever knows me knows that I will stand behind my Bucks forever and ever. Unless we lose Giannis then I return to not watching nba.

I have nothing to be butthurt over. A top player in the league, that we drafted #16 ****ing overall and now are legit contender in the league with a legit shot at the top fas. God has blessed the mke fan base with an amazing player and I'm not taking him for granted

#trustthegiannis #nomorebuckingaround # blessed

tredigs
06-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Your insecurity is blinding.

ewing
06-11-2018, 04:12 PM
David West is a bad *** but yes they are soft. defiantly the softest great team I've ever seen

nastynice
06-11-2018, 04:13 PM
lol, saltyyyyy!

Not even close. I don't think you even get what "soft" means, haha. Too much hate.

nastynice
06-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Whoever knows me knows that I will stand behind my Bucks forever and ever. Unless we lose Giannis then I return to not watching nba.

I have nothing to be butthurt over. A top player in the league, that we drafted #16 ****ing overall and now are legit contender in the league with a legit shot at the top fas. God has blessed the mke fan base with an amazing player and I'm not taking him for granted

Then why do you stay crying?

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 04:19 PM
Then why do you stay crying?

I asked if they were soft. Not if they "sucked"

burtgummer
06-11-2018, 04:22 PM

The Bucks are not a contender in the whole league hell they're barely a contender in the east,if they were in the west they'd be a lottery team

nastynice
06-11-2018, 04:23 PM
I asked if they were soft. Not if they "sucked"

Draymond is one of the most old school dudes in the league. Listen to old school guys talk about him. You don't even know what you're talking about

Maybe the word you're looking for is stacked

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I would'nt say they're soft. but after watching the Rockets WCF series you can see what bother the Warriors.

They're a finesse team. They dont like playing physical teams or with a lot of contact. Rockets got them out of their element a bit, but they found a way to win.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 04:36 PM
Draymond is one of the most old school dudes in the league. Listen to old school guys talk about him. You don't even know what you're talking about

Maybe the word you're looking for is stacked
So salty.

nastynice
06-11-2018, 04:57 PM
So salty.

Bro! You don't know what salty means either! lol

nastynice
06-11-2018, 05:03 PM
David West is a bad *** but yes they are soft. defiantly the softest great team I've ever seen

Maybe, but the whole league is trending that way. More a function of time than anything. LeBron is also the softest top tier legend. Shaq was soft but only off the court

We just living in a soft world now :cool:

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Bro! You don't know what salty means either! lol
Just when I thought I did know what words mean, ihop makes me lose faith in humanity.

ewing
06-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Somehow I think last years team was even softer. the NBA finals looked like an all star game last year

Vee-Rex
06-11-2018, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't call this team soft at all, let alone the softest in NBA history.

They're not as bruising as a team like Boston, obviously, but they take and dish a lot of contact on the basketball court and are still able to score very well despite that.

Edit: Indiana was just downright nasty, from top to bottom. IMO, they were the 'least soft' team in the East.

ewing
06-11-2018, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't call this team soft at all, let alone the softest in NBA history.

They're not as bruising as a team like Boston, obviously, but they take and dish a lot of contact on the basketball court and are still able to score very well despite that.

Edit: Indiana was just downright nasty, from top to bottom. IMO, they were the 'least soft' team in the East.

that's b/c your team was soft

Vee-Rex
06-11-2018, 06:17 PM
that's b/c your team was soft

At times, yes. But I'm just measuring vs. other teams (like Toronto and Boston), and having watched games in the Philly/Boston series.

IMO, hands down the Pacers played the most physical.

effen5
06-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Are we talking softest in terms of champions or in the playoffs? I thought the Cavs played like a bunch of scared *****es after game 1.

NJrockPD
06-11-2018, 07:16 PM

This is amazing. You know what forever means right?

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 07:31 PM
This is amazing. You know what forever means right?

Giannis gonna be a buck forever, doe.

You try having season tickets year after year only to get ****ed year after year. Throw $$ away because no one knows what they're doing and running a business. Yeah. Well that changed when we got Giannis. And if they **** thst up, too - why the **** would I watch, or throw my $$ away at the NBA for no ROI.

NJrockPD
06-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Giannis gonna be a buck forever, doe.

You try having season tickets year after year only to get ****ed year after year. Throw $$ away because no one knows what they're doing and running a business. Yeah. Well that changed when we got Giannis. And if they **** thst up, too - why the **** would I watch, or throw my $$ away at the NBA for no ROI.

I get it, but you said "I WILL STAND BEHIND MY TEAM FOREVER AND EVER", then you said you wouldn't.

mrblisterdundee
06-12-2018, 12:13 AM

If being soft is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

IKnowHoops
06-12-2018, 01:08 AM
No...MN, since Grizza left, has had some much softer years.

nastynice
06-12-2018, 01:18 AM
I get it, but you said "I WILL STAND BEHIND MY TEAM FOREVER AND EVER", then you said you wouldn't.

This is what hate does to the human mind, haha

basketfan4life
06-12-2018, 02:47 AM
They aren't soft. They lack determination at times. But they are not soft.