PDA

View Full Version : Where will Lebron's time be remembered more if he leaves Cleveland: Heat or Cavs?

HandsOnTheWheel
06-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Case for Miami: Won that first "elusive title he so desperately coveted". Arguably some of the best basketball displayed by Lebron in his career. Hopped on board with a winning franchise with a winning legend in Riley and learned how to win titles. Got swept with Cleveland in the Finals twice whereas he always stood a fighting chance with the Heat (with the exception of '14 Spurs). Also has 2 titles in Miami as opposed to 1 in Cleveland.

Case for Cleveland: Obviously the whole body of work in Cleveland, being the first pick after being labeled "The Chosen One" and getting picked by his hometown team. Beating the 73 win Warriors after being down 3-1 also doesn't hurt their case.

Who's team do you think Lebron will be remembered more for assuming he's leaving the Cavs again in Free Agency? Also this isn't about Lebron's Free Agency, don't move this to the James megathread to get buried please. Thank you.

Cal827
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Personally, I think the time with the Cavs will be most remembered from a fan standpoint. Mainly because it was Lebron, the Ohio born star, brought the Cavaliers their FIRST ever title,leading the team back from 3-1 against a team that would have arguably been considered the best of all time if they had won.

He did great things with the Heat too, but:

1. Miami had already won a title with Wade before Lebron, who had a series that compared to Jordan.

2. Lebron was the best player on that team (especially after 2011), but some people still looked at Wade as the intangible leader of that team.

3. People will still look at the title appearances/wins as manufactured by joining a few all-stars. He did the same thing when he went back to Cleveland (as in wanted a few stars), but this move was taken much more negatively, while the move back was taken more positively. Though I guess for your question this is moot, because both are pretty much remembered, but one fits the happy ending narrative that the media loves to throw around.

Though from a player/FO perspective, I think his Heat time would be remembered. The idea that a star as good as him leaving a team wasn't common at all (unless franchises **** up, like Orlando with Shaq), and to be able to sign with another team with two all-stars in their prime? You see now that a lot of players are looking to team up with another star or two, where before many didn't mind being the main/only guy. In addition, Front Offices are trying to get complete assurance that a player won't leave once their contract expires (exception: Durant)... If they aren't getting that commitment/assurance, they're not afraid to deal them out before hand. Since Lebron's move, we've seen Howard, George, Love, Carmelo, Deron Williams (when he was good), and others dealt before their contract runs out. Hell, this year we might see Kawhi and Irving traded away because they won't fully commit. Thanks to Lebron's move, teams are much more careful when dealing with their star players; they aren't complacent and are either trying to assure that they'll stay or will try to maximize assets returned.

D-Leethal
06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
I think the Miami championship over the Spurs and the title over Golden State are both going to be extremely memorable historically. The Allen shot and the 3-1 climb make them staples in history. Not sure he will be remembered in one spot more than the other.

Chronz
06-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Given how some nba players are ******** on kd of late, its definitely cleveland

Pistol_Pete
06-12-2018, 01:54 AM
It's Cleveland.

11 seasons in Cleveland vs. 4 in Miami. He's from Cleveland (or close enough) and was drafted by Cleveland. He brought them their first championship. The majority of his career will (likely) be played there. He left and then returned.

Sure, he won two titles in Miami, but he left his hometown to join with a superstar who had already won in Miami. And at that time, the Big 3 were probably the first true big 3 of this generation. There's just a larger and more important body of work in Cleveland.

But, on top of all of that, I think the days of one or even two teams are over. People hop around more than ever so people will look at the whole body of their career.

basketfan4life
06-12-2018, 02:43 AM
Cleveland to me.

Scoots
06-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Both. It all fades into obscurity in time. Already the accomplishments of players of the 70s are largely unknown other than in a vague fashion. LeBron will be remembered as being one of the best all time and for playing for Cleveland and Miami.

FOXHOUND
06-12-2018, 10:45 AM
11 vs 4

Chronz
06-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Cavs of last year were championship caliber, they beat many actual champs imo. Just kd cheated

Scoots
06-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Cavs of last year were championship caliber, they beat many actual champs imo. Just kd cheated

lol

LaVar Ball
06-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Lakers

prodigy
06-13-2018, 12:49 PM

this

goingfor28
06-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Cleveland

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MRSpock
06-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Personally, I think the time with the Cavs will be most remembered from a fan standpoint. Mainly because it was Lebron, the Ohio born star, brought the Cavaliers their FIRST ever title,leading the team back from 3-1 against a team that would have arguably been considered the best of all time if they had won.

He did great things with the Heat too, but:

1. Miami had already won a title with Wade before Lebron, who had a series that compared to Jordan.

2. Lebron was the best player on that team (especially after 2011), but some people still looked at Wade as the intangible leader of that team.

3. People will still look at the title appearances/wins as manufactured by joining a few all-stars. He did the same thing when he went back to Cleveland (as in wanted a few stars), but this move was taken much more negatively, while the move back was taken more positively. Though I guess for your question this is moot, because both are pretty much remembered, but one fits the happy ending narrative that the media loves to throw around.

Though from a player/FO perspective, I think his Heat time would be remembered. The idea that a star as good as him leaving a team wasn't common at all (unless franchises **** up, like Orlando with Shaq), and to be able to sign with another team with two all-stars in their prime? You see now that a lot of players are looking to team up with another star or two, where before many didn't mind being the main/only guy. In addition, Front Offices are trying to get complete assurance that a player won't leave once their contract expires (exception: Durant)... If they aren't getting that commitment/assurance, they're not afraid to deal them out before hand. Since Lebron's move, we've seen Howard, George, Love, Carmelo, Deron Williams (when he was good), and others dealt before their contract runs out. Hell, this year we might see Kawhi and Irving traded away because they won't fully commit. Thanks to Lebron's move, teams are much more careful when dealing with their star players; they aren't complacent and are either trying to assure that they'll stay or will try to maximize assets returned.

Some people might look at Wade as the leader, but those people are wrong. Agree with you that there are those idiots that ignore the obvious, because LBJ was the #1 on that team and everyone knew it, especially after the first season. It wasn't 1a and 1b either. That was Lebrons team, but DWade's city.

flea
06-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Heat because it was the best and most marketed teams he had. They had, by far, the most talent of any team in the NBA all 4 years he was there. Cavs was a mess that went from bad (firing your future HOF coach) to worse (pissing off your most talented teammate and making him leave town). That a title was sandwiched in there is more like NBA ephemera, like Wade's 2006 title.

cmellofan15
06-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Cavs easily, and it won't be close for any other team. hometown hero. first ring for the team ever. 6th largest sports parade ever after they won the finals. the huge lebron james picture hanging in downtown cleveland. he brought the entire city into relevance with his brand and popularity.

i mean he didn't even wear his own number in miami. nobody cares about number 6. fans didn't care long enough to stay to the end of games and nobody really cared about him leaving.

flea
06-13-2018, 10:11 PM
i mean he didn't even wear his own number in miami. nobody cares about number 6. fans didn't care long enough to stay to the end of games and nobody really cared about him leaving.

So he'll be remembered for wearing MJ's number?

jason
06-13-2018, 10:26 PM
lolForever hurt

LA_Raiders
06-14-2018, 12:58 AM
Cleveland; Miami was wades team. LeBron was a sidekick.

Dade County
06-14-2018, 01:56 AM
Lbj is 1-4 in the Finals with the Cva's.

I have no idea what he was thinking by going back. I know he regrets so many decisions in his basketball career. Now he is going to leave again, from a franchise he owed nothing too.

He will be remembered as a Cav's player. Take that however you want too...smh

Sanjay
06-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Cleveland; Miami was wades team. LeBron was a sidekick.

Maybe in the sense he went to play with Wade, but he was the number one guy there.

Sanjay
06-14-2018, 02:41 AM

I have no idea what he was thinking by going back. I know he regrets so many decisions in his basketball career. Now he is going to leave again, from a franchise he owed nothing too.

True, although I would say that one championship is greater than all his other achievements combined. When he announced he was going back I thought how could he do that after he was hated so much when he left.

prodigy
06-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Cavs easily, and it won't be close for any other team. hometown hero. first ring for the team ever. 6th largest sports parade ever after they won the finals. the huge lebron james picture hanging in downtown cleveland. he brought the entire city into relevance with his brand and popularity.

this

prodigy
06-14-2018, 09:48 AM
True, although I would say that one championship is greater than all his other achievements combined. When he announced he was going back I thought how could he do that after he was hated so much when he left.

Not because he left, the way he did it. It was disgusting, immature, ignorant etc... No matter how you feel about the FO that's not the fans or cities fault.

LaVar Ball
06-16-2018, 01:30 AM

Game 7 on the road, coming back down 3-1 to a 73-9 team (who lost in the sense that forced them to sign KD after their finals loss), and THE BLOCK heard around the world is the greatest achievement any superstar could achieve. Bronís lone championship with Cavs in 2016 is way more significant and impressive than anything achieved in a Miami Heat uniform.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Bronís lone championship with Cavs in 2016 is way more significant and impressive than anything achieved in a Miami Heat uniform.

https://ci.memecdn.com/10247182.jpg

hpt
06-16-2018, 05:04 PM
He won two titles in Miami...titles are what people remember.

Dade County
06-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Game 7 on the road, coming back down 3-1 to a 73-9 team (who lost in the sense that forced them to sign KD after their finals loss), and THE BLOCK heard around the world is the greatest achievement any superstar could achieve.

If he would have stayed with Pat, I am 100% sure he would not be 1-4 in his last 4 trips to the Finals. I am sure Pat would have targeted KD as well when he was a free agent. Pat would not let a player like that in free agency just slip away. Warriors would have beaten OKC, and Pat would have been there with open arms to welcome him.

Also Pat would have kept on building up the roster around Lbj. But I would like to make one thing clear, I am NOT a Le-Con fan.

Just saying it was a very stupid move. The more i think about it, Lbj might be 3-1 or 4-0m in his last 4 trips to the Final's if you would have stayed with Pat. I know people will bring up the Bosh situation but that doesn't matter, some people just don't have any vision and have to be spoon feed when it comes to imagining a roster that isn't sent yet.

Pat would have kept getting vets for the LOW.

Bronís lone championship with Cavs in 2016 is way more significant and impressive than anything achieved in a Miami Heat uniform.

To you and the people that think like you. lol

You guys can have that. 1-4. It just doesn't make any sense. And the proof is right in front of everyone.

Lbj was acting on in the middle of the season, dropping games left and right (some reporters called him out on throwing games because of behind the scenes politics); he knew what was going to happen to him in the Finals and the front office wouldn't budge because he wouldn't commit. So I don't blame them.

But now he is leaving again and just as upset and embarrassed. It's a damn shame.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2018, 10:14 PM
If he would have stayed with Pat, I am 100% sure he would not be 1-4 in his last 4 trips to the Finals. I am sure Pat would have targeted KD as well when he was a free agent. Pat would not let a player like that in free agency just slip away. Warriors would have beaten OKC, and Pat would have been there with open arms to welcome him.

Also Pat would have kept on building up the roster around Lbj. But I would like to make one thing clear, I am NOT a Le-Con fan.

Just saying it was a very stupid move. The more i think about it, Lbj might be 3-1 or 4-0m in his last 4 trips to the Final's if you would have stayed with Pat. I know people will bring up the Bosh situation but that doesn't matter, some people just don't have any vision and have to be spoon feed when it comes to imagining a roster that isn't sent yet.

Pat would have kept getting vets for the LOW.

To you and the people that think like you. lol

You guys can have that. 1-4. It just doesn't make any sense. And the proof is right in front of everyone.

Lbj was acting on in the middle of the season, dropping games left and right (some reporters called him out on throwing games because of behind the scenes politics); he knew what was going to happen to him in the Finals and the front office wouldn't budge because he wouldn't commit. So I don't blame them.

But now he is leaving again and just as upset and embarrassed. It's a damn shame.

Heat (with blood clot Bosh and worn down Wade) would've gotten butt-plugged by the Warriors too. Don't deny it.

KD was gonna run to the team with the most wins. Warriors were getting 73 no matter what team Bron played on.

Dade County
06-17-2018, 12:03 AM
Heat (with blood clot Bosh and worn down Wade) would've gotten butt-plugged by the Warriors too. Don't deny it.

KD was gonna run to the team with the most wins. Warriors were getting 73 no matter what team Bron played on.

No sir...

Miami would have won that first year against the Warriors , put a foot on them , they would have had to learn how to win first and it wouldn't have been against us; that first year GS went. Maybe if a key injurie hapoened, you necer know.

And The Following season Once Again Pat Riley with a retool, would have gotten vets to play at a discount and who knows what else.

But one thing that's a guarantee he would have left room and away for KD to sign with the HEAT.

KD would not have felt the need to sign with the team that just beat him when he could have just came out east and play with Le-Con & under Pat.

Vee-Rex
06-17-2018, 12:28 AM
No sir...

Miami would have won that first year against the Warriors , put a foot on them , they would have had to learn how to win first and it wouldn't have been against us; that first year GS went. Maybe if a key injurie hapoened, you necer know.

And The Following season Once Again Pat Riley with a retool, would have gotten vets to play at a discount and who knows what else.

But one thing that's a guarantee he would have left room and away for KD to sign with the HEAT.

KD would not have felt the need to sign with the team that just beat him when he could have just came out east and play with Le-Con & under Pat.

Warriors put it in em.

BDawk4Prez
06-19-2018, 08:39 AM

Alrighty then...

BDawk4Prez
06-19-2018, 08:41 AM

To*

BDawk4Prez
06-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Warriors put it in em.

Yeah, it wouldnít have been close tbh.

IndyRealist
06-19-2018, 09:23 AM
No one outside the midwest is going to care about his one ring in Cleveland 20 years from now. Miami was terrifying, and somewhat unfairly got blamed for the superteam arms race.

WaDe03
06-19-2018, 10:48 AM
Cleveland, he spent far more time there. He was at his best as a player and most successful with the Heat though.