View Full Version : 2018-19 Free Agency

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scoots
06-09-2018, 11:12 AM
All teams all players.

Scoots
06-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Warriors:
KD said he'd re-sign. I think he'll do it late in free agency.

West, Zaza, and Young, I hope don't want to come back.

McGee is worth the minimum but I hope he goes elsewhere.

The team will try to re-sign Looney and McCaw.

They have the MLE to spend, my guess is they target some veteran wing chasing wings and probably a veteran traditional center. Robin Lopez, Wilson Chandler, Wes Mathews ... they would be great additions.

Heediot
06-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Bron going to PHI after they hire Griffin.

warfelg
06-09-2018, 11:25 AM
What happened to Zaza late in the year?

I donít think Robin is a FA unless heís bought out.

COOLbeans
06-09-2018, 12:09 PM

He couldnít stay in front of his man, or guard outside of the paint. And was pretty useless on offense. Poor fella. I donít think heís coming back.

Last night, he sounded like he was planning his own retirement/ funeral when they asked him about Ďhis time hereí over the past couple of years

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Zaza = poor fella? Man, c'mon. You guys have got to know he was always up to no good someway, somehow.

Scoots
06-09-2018, 03:10 PM

Zaza was good in the paint against bangers, and set solid screens. As opponents went smaller and smaller the Warriors responded by going smaller and faster. I still think Zaza should have got more run in the finals, he was great at keeping TT off the glass last year.

I may have meant Brook Lopez.

Saddletramp
06-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Zaza = poor fella? Man, c'mon. You guys have got to know he was always up to no good someway, somehow.

Yeah, he was always a scrub goon and was gifted a few titles at the end of his career. And that gangster job he did on Kawhi *might* be the reason they won that series. Although, as weíve learned, the Warriors can start slow and then Curry shoots great for half the third and the games over so maybe it wouldnít have mattered.

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Love played great this NBA Finals. He's not a superstar but he showed up and did his thing. He's an easy 24/10 player on another team but just not on a contender. And I think that's what everyone in the modern NBA has to start realizing: Most NBA players with the right amount of shots, opportunities, playing time, and situation could likely drop great numbers but it takes someone truly talented to be able to win and still have that kind of impact on a contender. Doesn't have to be 24/10 on a contender but you gotta be able to provide equal value in terms of what you're able to do.

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Pop rumored to be trying to recruit LeBron.

D'Angelo Russell tweets LeBron is going to the Spurs.

I feel like Spurs will be a team that we hear a lot about.

Still standing by my list:

Philly
Spurs
Houston
Lakers

IKnowHoops
06-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Philly
Spurs
Houston
Lakers

Didnít you call Lebron and KD to LA yesterday?

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Didnít you call Lebron and KD to LA yesterday?

I was kidding lol. LeBron's got too much pride to hit up KD to join.

Mr.B
06-10-2018, 01:35 AM
Yeah, he was always a scrub goon and was gifted a few titles at the end of his career. And that gangster job he did on Kawhi *might* be the reason they won that series. Although, as weíve learned, the Warriors can start slow and then Curry shoots great for half the third and the games over so maybe it wouldnít have mattered.

His wife isnít half bad either. Even if heís played his last game Zaza is doing just fine.

Mr.B
06-10-2018, 01:37 AM

Philly
Spurs
Houston
Lakers

If the Rockets do give Chris Paul the supermax I donít see how they can also max out Labron.

GREATNESS ONE
06-10-2018, 02:49 AM
If the Rockets do give Chris Paul the supermax I donít see how they can also max out Labron.

only via trade and it's not happening( unless Morey pulls off a Anderson + as many 1st rounders (I can give type of deal), looking at the Spurs roster too it's almost impossible, look at these contracts, they're horrib... unless you trade LMA to Cleveland for LBJ http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/yearly/cap/. Do like the thought of Lebron and Kawhi though, maybe more so in Purple & Gold ;)

More-Than-Most
06-10-2018, 03:47 AM
i cant see lebron going to the spurs unless they lock KL down right now. No way lebron risks KL walking.

Redrum187
06-10-2018, 04:28 AM
LeBron + Kawhi = filthy... Manu better come back if that's the case. I don't care if Manu has to be caked in Bengay after every game/practice.

Heediot
06-10-2018, 06:58 AM
If Harden and Cp challeneged the Warriors with the right role players. I have no doubt Bron, KL and Pops with the right role players can challenge the Warriors.

IKnowHoops
06-10-2018, 11:43 AM
The best and easiest big move would be for Lebron and someone else to go to Philly. But if Iím Bron, if itís not Kawaii, Iíd probably just keep the pieces that are there and roll. Those guys are young and improving

Dade County
06-10-2018, 12:17 PM
LeBron + Kawhi = filthy... Manu better come back if that's the case. I don't care if Manu has to be caked in Bengay after every game/practice.

If Harden and Cp challeneged the Warriors with the right role players. I have no doubt Bron, KL and Pops with the right role players can challenge the Warriors.

Not enough....

You need lineup like this to matchup.

Lbj, Kawhi, & PG. Also PG has to outplay Klay.

Lillard, Cj, Lbj, PG

Kemba, Westbrook, (West can not be the main ball handler), AD

Heediot
06-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Not enough....

You need lineup like this to matchup.

Lbj, Kawhi, & PG. Also PG has to outplay Klay.

Lillard, Cj, Lbj, PG

Kemba, Westbrook, (West can not be the main ball handler), AD

Houston opened up kind of a blue print to defend GS in the finals. As long as you have the defenders that can keep the game close and hold GS around 100, if you have clutch players that can close out the game, you can threaten and possibly beat GS. There's a good argument Houston may have won game 7 with Paul healthy. GS has shown it can wilt in pressure situations.

I think Pops can cook something up defensively with the right pieces, if he has Bron and Kawhi in the last few minutes, with Manu, Mills and other other guys experienced in closing things out I think the foundation is there. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I like the chances with the GOAT coach and arguable GOAT player, the best perimeter defender. Just need the right role/support players.

Scoots
06-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Houston opened up kind of a blue print to defend GS in the finals. As long as you have the defenders that can keep the game close and hold GS around 100, if you have clutch players that can close out the game, you can threaten and possibly beat GS. There's a good argument Houston may have won game 7 with Paul healthy. GS has shown it can wilt in pressure situations.

I think Pops can cook something up defensively with the right pieces, if he has Bron and Kawhi in the last few minutes, with Manu, Mills and other other guys experienced in closing things out I think the foundation is there. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I like the chances with the GOAT coach and arguable GOAT player, the best perimeter defender. Just need the right role/support players.

The Warriors are 5-1 in elimination games over the last 3 seasons. I don't know that they really have a reputation for wilting under pressure. They certainly fell apart in 2016 though.

I'm not sure Houston's model can be copied by many teams, but I'm certainly looking forward to what comes next to see how the league adjusts. Pop and Stevens both have to be scary to the Warriors.

BDawk4Prez
06-10-2018, 05:57 PM
I was kidding lol. LeBron's got too much pride to hit up KD to join.
Why, heís done it before.

COOLbeans
06-10-2018, 10:04 PM
The Warriors are 5-1 in elimination games over the last 3 seasons. I don't know that they really have a reputation for wilting under pressure. They certainly fell apart in 2016 though.

I'm not sure Houston's model can be copied by many teams, but I'm certainly looking forward to what comes next to see how the league adjusts. Pop and Stevens both have to be scary to the Warriors.

Whatís great is how competitive, young natured and energetic Lacob and Guber appear after each championship. These dudes do not seem like the kind of guys to slip up. Should be good once the league re-tools again.

kdspurman
06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
i cant see lebron going to the spurs unless they lock KL down right now. No way lebron risks KL walking.

Everything I've read/heard lately points at Kawhi staying and not looking to leave. But we'll see what happens

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 10:19 AM
https://hoopshype.com/2018/04/22/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/

kobe4thewinbang
06-11-2018, 11:11 AM
I wonder if Nick Young can lock up a final 2/3 year deal, given his decent play with the Warriors this year. His numbers were down (41% vs 43%, 3PT: 37% vs 40%) in less minutes. But he was getting burn out there.

FlashBolt
06-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Everything I've read/heard lately points at Kawhi staying and not looking to leave. But we'll see what happens

Sign the extension... I think LeBron won't take a look into the Spurs unless he knows Kawhi is in it for the long run.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Be hard to see how Spurs get capspace to sign LeBron. Mills on a 3 year deal yet. Green has a player option doubt he opts out he wont get any more money. Gay has a player option at $8.8M. Gasol at $16.8M yet. Then ya got Aldridge at $22.3M then Kawhi at $20M. Gets a little easier if Green and Gay opt out. Gives ya some wiggle room. Spurs don't have much for assets to dump a contract.

Doubt Gilbert accepts any sign and trade of LeBron without Kawhi coming back. Spurs probably have to cough up a first for each dead weight contract to dump Gasol, Mills then who knows about the player options for Green,Gay. Who knows maybe Mavs strikeout on free agents and use their cap to eat Gasol? Hard to say with Cuban. Maybe the Hawks eat a player for a pick?

Sanjay
06-13-2018, 03:15 AM
Sign the extension... I think LeBron won't take a look into the Spurs unless he knows Kawhi is in it for the long run.

LeBron could put the Spurs over the top even without Kawhi given San Antonio were up 20 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals in 2017 at Golden State.

kdspurman
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
LeBron could put the Spurs over the top even without Kawhi given San Antonio were up 20 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals in 2017 at Golden State.

Nah. He'd need Kawhi. Kawhi was one of the big reasons Durant was quiet in that game

Dade County
06-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Smith on Nba Tv... https://youtu.be/qeoivcJqoWg

krazylegz
06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
lebron to portland....he'll be closer to nike headquarters and will have the backcourt to contend

FlashBolt
06-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Can we stop naming teams that are incapable of adding a max player because of their salary situation? Portland makes zero sense when you consider they would have to make high level trades. Plus, being close to the Nike headquarters is like.. irrelevant.

IKnowHoops
06-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Just hoping he and another guy go to Philly. Only team that will beat GS

Scoots
06-15-2018, 11:55 AM
The NBA needs Sam Hinkie running a terrible team. Teams have so many bad contracts that they need to trade away at the cost of draft picks. Hinkie not only helped the Sixers reset he helped other teams rebuilds go faster too.

Htownballa1622
06-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Kawhi wants out!

Saddletramp
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Kawhi wants out!

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/kawhi-leonard-wants-out-of-san-antonio.html?fv-home=true&post-id=96913

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Rudy Gay opted out of his player option and is a UFA.

Mr.B
06-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Rudy Gay opted out of his player option and is a UFA.

Heís in for a rude awakening if he thinks heís getting $10 mil from any other team.

Scoots
06-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Heís in for a rude awakening if he thinks heís getting $10 mil from any other team.

Maybe he's going ring chasing.

Oakmont_4
06-19-2018, 01:39 PM

He's either ring chasing or hoping a bad team with cap that needs to reach the floor will over pay him for a year.

WaDe03
06-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Gay can be a nice piece for a contender.

WaDe03
06-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Wonder if Gay and Crawford follow LeBron.

HunterNRoss
06-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Gay can be a nice piece for a contender.

He would be. Question is how much less is he willing to take. 10M is what he opted out of. Most exceptions arent very high and of course vent min is a lot less then 10M.

FlashBolt
06-19-2018, 06:25 PM
He would be. Question is how much less is he willing to take. 10M is what he opted out of. Most exceptions arent very high and of course vent min is a lot less then 10M.

He's probably looking to get a longer term deal while he still can. He's approaching the end of his career.

MygirlhatesCod
06-19-2018, 08:05 PM
Love played great this NBA Finals. He's not a superstar but he showed up and did his thing. He's an easy 24/10 player on another team but just not on a contender. And I think that's what everyone in the modern NBA has to start realizing: Most NBA players with the right amount of shots, opportunities, playing time, and situation could likely drop great numbers but it takes someone truly talented to be able to win and still have that kind of impact on a contender. Doesn't have to be 24/10 on a contender but you gotta be able to provide equal value in terms of what you're able to do.

Hahaha! Isnít there a thread complaining about KD saying pretty much the same thing?

Chronz
06-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Hahaha! Isnít there a thread complaining about KD saying pretty much the same thing?

Sorta but he said it was easy to appear as the best not just put up good stats iirc

Mr.B
06-21-2018, 01:06 AM

Thatís very possible. Golden State? Heíd definitely fit.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2018, 07:16 AM
O'Quinn opted out of player option and is now a UFA.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Dedmon opted in.

Scoots
06-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Warriors are going to sign KD, probably last. McCaw is protected by the Arenas rule. So they probably start with Looney, but he's going to want to see what the market will offer because the Warriors can't offer him more than $2.2M by rule.

That leaves 2 spots for them to fill with a veteran wing and a veteran center.

HunterNRoss
06-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Chris Haynes@ChrisBHaynes
Denver forward Wilson Chandler will exercise $12.8 million player option for the 2018-19 season, league sources tell ESPN.

HunterNRoss
06-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
Sources: Carmelo Anthony has informed the Oklahoma City Thunder that he has opted into $27.9M deal for 2018-19 by not exercising his early termination option.

Not like anyone is surprised

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
Sources: Carmelo Anthony has informed the Oklahoma City Thunder that he has opted into $27.9M deal for 2018-19 by not exercising his early termination option.

Not like anyone is surprised

If Lakers sign and trade Randle with Deng for Carmelo: Do the Thunder say no?

HunterNRoss
06-23-2018, 12:56 PM
If Lakers sign and trade Randle with Deng for Carmelo: Do the Thunder say no?

Melo does still have a no trade clause. He would have to agree to come here. Not sure they have the cap for that deal anyway. Plus does lock the Lakers into a big deal for this year limiting their options greatly this offseason.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Melo does still have a no trade clause. He would have to agree to come here. Not sure they have the cap for that deal anyway. Plus does lock the Lakers into a big deal for this year limiting their options greatly this offseason.

Order of operations: Renounce everybody but Randle, Sign LeBron and George, then go over the cap signing Randle. Trade Randle and Deng for Carmelo and a filler. Carmelo will come off after this season and viola, space to sign Leonard next off-season. I'm sure Melo would waive his NTC if it meant coming to LA and playing with LeBron.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 01:03 PM
They could do Randle, Deng and a 1st for Carmelo and Patterson. Both Carmelo and Patterson will come off the books next year and the Thunder get a 24 year old PF and a 1st round pick...and get rid of Melo.

HunterNRoss
06-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Order of operations: Renounce everybody but Randle, Sign LeBron and George, then go over the cap signing Randle. Trade Randle and Deng for Carmelo and a filler. Carmelo will come off after this season and viola, space to sign Leonard next off-season. I'm sure Melo would waive his NTC if it meant coming to LA and playing with LeBron.

I mean I guess if they are willing to take Deng maybe. Just dont think Melo is that good at this point in his career.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 02:00 PM

why in the hell would the lakers do that? If PG13 gets traded melo is gonna be asking for a buyout. The Lakers could have him for the vet min at that point...

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 02:15 PM
why in the hell would the lakers do that? If PG13 gets traded melo is gonna be asking for a buyout. The Lakers could have him for the vet min at that point...Obviously, I'm operating under the impression of no buyout. If a buyout is made no party involved would entertain a trade. I assumed that was painfully obvious.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mr.B
06-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Anyone know what Portlandís thoughts on Jusuf Nurkic are? Do they plan to match any offer he gets? What is Portlandís cap situation like?

HunterNRoss
06-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Anyone know what Portlandís thoughts on Jusuf Nurkic are? Do they plan to match any offer he gets? What is Portlandís cap situation like?

Portland is over the cap. They can still match Jusuf but will climb very quickly up the luxury tax. Portland will likely try to to clear some space before getting this deal done.

Mr.B
06-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Portland is over the cap. They can still match Jusuf but will climb very quickly up the luxury tax. Portland will likely try to to clear some space before getting this deal done.

So they would likely be in a bind or likely lose Nurkic if a team signed him to an offer sheet the second teams are allowed to?

Iím asking because Iím trying to think about who the Mavs would go after to fill the 5 spot. Ideally they would go after Capela but I think the Rockets will match any offer for him. Nurkic is a completely different type of player than Capela but with Nurkicís ability to rebound and pass the ball I think he could be a good fit for the Mavs. The ball movement/play making abilities of DSJ/Doncic/Nurkic has potential to be pretty outstanding.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Obviously, I'm operating under the impression of no buyout. If a buyout is made no party involved would entertain a trade. I assumed that was painfully obvious.

oh Ö its obvious? So let me get this obviousness straight... PG13 re-signs in OKC and then OKC is gonna trade melo for Deng AND Randle... which isn't even possible in terms of the trade rules... but even if it was... they are gonna take on more money to get randle/deng than they would by shipping melo out... unless of course randle is gonna sign a minimum 3 year contract for $9 million a year...

yeah... the only painfully obvious thing is you don't seem to understand the CBA

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2018, 04:52 PM
If Lakers cant find a team with a max cap slot to eat Deng. So if its just signing LeBron and PG13 since Pops probably trades Kawhi as a rental to the east. I wouldn't mind and i'm sure LeBron wouldn't mind his two buddies as in Bledsoe and Delly headed to Lakers for Deng and Ingram and Kuzma. Bledsoe is a big expiring. Off the hook of Deng. Yeah you cough up two of the kids. But I think you would have to in most situations around the league.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 05:08 PM
oh Ö its obvious? So let me get this obviousness straight... PG13 re-signs in OKC and then OKC is gonna trade melo for Deng AND Randle... which isn't even possible in terms of the trade rules... but even if it was... they are gonna take on more money to get randle/deng than they would by shipping melo out... unless of course randle is gonna sign a minimum 3 year contract for $9 million a year...

yeah... the only painfully obvious thing is you don't seem to understand the CBANo. In already assuming that George is signing with the Lakers. It is possible, if they include Patterson.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 05:09 PM
If Lakers cant find a team with a max cap slot to eat Deng. So if its just signing LeBron and PG13 since Pops probably trades Kawhi as a rental to the east. I wouldn't mind and i'm sure LeBron wouldn't mind his two buddies as in Bledsoe and Delly headed to Lakers for Deng and Ingram and Kuzma. Bledsoe is a big expiring. Off the hook of Deng. Yeah you cough up two of the kids. But I think you would have to in most situations around the league.No way. Ingram and Kuzma are way better then Bledsoe and Delly. Not to mention cheaper. I'd rather either keep Deng or stretch him.

Dade County
06-23-2018, 05:28 PM
If Lakers cant find a team with a max cap slot to eat Deng. So if its just signing LeBron and PG13 since Pops probably trades Kawhi as a rental to the east.

I believe Kawhi will be heading East also.

I wouldn't mind and i'm sure LeBron wouldn't mind his two buddies as in Bledsoe and Delly headed to Lakers for Deng and Ingram and Kuzma.

I can't see the Lakers really doing this, sending Ingram & Kuzma, just to trade ding contract. They need to find a team that is will to take Kizma for Deng contract.

Vinylman
06-23-2018, 05:37 PM
No. In already assuming that George is signing with the Lakers. It is possible, if they include Patterson.

if George leaves okc melo is taking a buyout Ö that was my original point

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2018, 05:38 PM
No way. Ingram and Kuzma are way better then Bledsoe and Delly. Not to mention cheaper. I'd rather either keep Deng or stretch him.

Still I was saying if Lakers can only land a big 2 of LeBron and PG13. You still stuck hanging onto Deng for the next off-season yet again. Yeah dumping prices may go down a little next year but if a big 3 will be there if Kawhi goes as a free agent there next summer.

That's if you dump Deng now or next summer. Your gonna need a big expiring now or a max cap slot team willing to eat him next year. Also LeBron will get his way. He is close friends with Bledsoe and Delly. Deng is negative no matter what. Also even if you stretch Deng its gonna eat at the cap as dead money. Then other's have to sacrifice in salary or your third star will have to agree to less then max.

Besides you would still have to renounce Randle now or flip him for nothing coming back next year. Then again LeBron could stay with Cavs. Then PG13 may wait another year and stay with Thunder. Then your stuck with money on one year deals to try again next year.

Unless Rockets burned their bridge with CP3 and Lakers are gullible to max him. That's one buddy for LeBron. Then LeBron goes to LA maybe. Then your still stuck dumping Deng. Maybe Thunder willing to eat Deng with Ball, Kuzma, Ingram package for PG13? Ball,Westbrook,Ingram,Kuzma,Adams looks decent. Westbrook may not be happy. But they round out their roster with depth and rookie contracts.

Not sure what teams are left that can eat Deng out right now. Hawk had Dedmon opt in. Kings and a guy or two opt in. Mavs want to win. But i'm sure they may look in a different direction for winning with their own cap space. Suns may want all the young kids to eat Deng. But not sure how much cap they got.

They still got Knight,Chandler,Dudley contracts yet. Unless 76ers miss on a star and use their max cap slot for the 3 kids and Deng? Not sure if Nets will use any cap or not. Seems their aiming for two max cap slots and then some next year. Who else has a max cap slot to eat Deng yet?

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 05:53 PM
if George leaves okc melo is taking a buyout Ö that was my original pointIt's not automatic but I can see your point with the buyout.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2018, 06:58 PM
lmfao Melo is not taking a buyout.. Just stop.

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 07:06 PM
lmfao Melo is not taking a buyout.. Just stop.Hence why i said Randle and Deng for Melo and Patterson.

More-Than-Most
06-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Hence why i said Randle and Deng for Melo and Patterson.

I wouldnt do that deal if I am the lakers... Not sure how the money works works for either team but what is the fascination with melo? He is asspoop... Why would you give up Randle?

KobeOwnSU
06-23-2018, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt do that deal if I am the lakers... Not sure how the money works works for either team but what is the fascination with melo? He is asspoop... Why would you give up Randle?Its one less year of Deng for Randle basically. And if it meant getting Kawhi next offseason I'd do it.

AntiG
06-23-2018, 11:53 PM
I wouldnt do that deal if I am the lakers... Not sure how the money works works for either team but what is the fascination with melo? He is asspoop... Why would you give up Randle?

probably Banana Boat.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2018, 08:08 AM
MSN home page mentions Lakers gonna try and go after both CP3 and LeBron now. I suggested CP3 yesterday in my post above. Watch Lakers max out CP3 and he nose dives like Baron Davis.

Scoots
06-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Anybody heard anything about Vonleh? He's still young, but has he even flashed a greater potential? I assume he'll stay in the NBA because he's big and athletic, but where and how much?

tp13baby
06-24-2018, 12:35 PM
So they would likely be in a bind or likely lose Nurkic if a team signed him to an offer sheet the second teams are allowed to?

Iím asking because Iím trying to think about who the Mavs would go after to fill the 5 spot. Ideally they would go after Capela but I think the Rockets will match any offer for him. Nurkic is a completely different type of player than Capela but with Nurkicís ability to rebound and pass the ball I think he could be a good fit for the Mavs. The ball movement/play making abilities of DSJ/Doncic/Nurkic has potential to be pretty outstanding.

Eh Nurkics passing ability is actually rather average. He forces plays too much. His turnover percentage is rather high. He is just a guy who works around the basket to get his. He should be much better than he is in my opinion but mentally he is missing a ton.

HunterNRoss
06-25-2018, 02:20 PM

warfelg
06-25-2018, 04:04 PM

Could you imagine if the Lakers mess this up, offer Lavine a max, and miss out on Bron/PG/Kawhi because their cap was tied up waiting for a decision. Or worse yet, the bulls let him walk?

Oakmont_4
06-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Pacers decline Lance Stephensons option. A little surprised by this. I'd take Lance at $4M in a heartbeat. He's been a pill to LeBron over the years. Could be an option for the Celtics if Smart leaves.

TrueFan420
06-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Pacers decline Lance Stephensons option. A little surprised by this. I'd take Lance at $4M in a heartbeat. He's been a pill to LeBron over the years. Could be an option for the Celtics if Smart leaves.

I could see the warriors making him an offer

Scoots
06-25-2018, 05:36 PM
I could see the warriors making him an offer

He'd be perfect for the Warriors ... except the crazy, the stupid, or the stupid/crazy.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Could you imagine if the Lakers mess this up, offer Lavine a max, and miss out on Bron/PG/Kawhi because their cap was tied up waiting for a decision. Or worse yet, the bulls let him walk?

I don't know if you are asking facetiously or not but has Magic or Palinka given any indication that they would do something that dumb? Do you think they would trade all those guys young guys away to clear cap space to be able to sign Zach Lavine? Or is that just wishful thinking lol?

warfelg
06-25-2018, 06:15 PM
I don't know if you are asking facetiously or not but has Magic or Palinka given any indication that they would do something that dumb? Do you think they would trade all those guys young guys away to clear cap space to be able to sign Zach Lavine? Or is that just wishful thinking lol?

We haven't seen them be in this position yet so we don't know what they would do.

Oakmont_4
06-25-2018, 06:56 PM

I wouldn't rule it out. They've been selling this offseason for 2 years. If they strike out on everyone their fans aren't going to settle for ok...well next year then. Not to mention they'll need to spend some money to fill their roster just to avoid paying fines. With that type of build up and if they ultimately struck out...There would be some twitchy fingers in that FO to do something. To deliver something. Even if it's only to sell LaVine, it's better than nothing at all.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-25-2018, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't rule it out. They've been selling this offseason for 2 years. If they strike out on everyone their fans aren't going to settle for ok...well next year then. Not to mention they'll need to spend some money to fill their roster just to avoid paying fines. With that type of build up and if they ultimately struck out...There would be some twitchy fingers in that FO to do something. To deliver something. Even if it's only to sell LaVine, it's better than nothing at all.

Well, if they listen to LA sports talk radio they would know Laker fans would be fine not getting Lebron. In fact oddly they flat out don't want him. If they don't get George, I could see them signing 1 year inflated deals to certain guys and try to Kawhi next year along with Butler, Klay and others. There's a lot of poles that go up questioning Laker fans what they want and the majority of the poles go to signing only George, extending Randle, and hoping for another free agent next year. So there are really no delusions of needing to win a championship in the next year. They would rather sign younger guys and allow the 20 year olds to get older and mature.

And we already know Magic and Pelinka are thinking about next year's free agency. In January or February they already put out that this was not the only year they will go after free agents if they don't get the ones that they want. So any hopes of them wasting cap on bad players is misguided in my opinion

FlashBolt
06-25-2018, 08:42 PM

Hardly a pill. LeBron punishes him every time. He's just a clown so everything he does to LeBron is more dramatic. Anyhow, this works out for Lance. He can get much more than $4 million.

TrueFan420
06-25-2018, 10:28 PM
He'd be perfect for the Warriors ... except the crazy, the stupid, or the stupid/crazy.
Some body will need to fill the swaggy P role

KB24PG16
06-25-2018, 10:50 PM

pelinka has already said publicly that they are comfortable riding out the cap room until 2019 if they aren't able to sign the top players this offseason

More-Than-Most
06-25-2018, 11:26 PM
pelinka has already said publicly that they are comfortable riding out the cap room until 2019 if they aren't able to sign the top players this offseason

he also said a ton of other stuff he didnt mean... he will not be alright with not getting free agents... He will spend to get some people this year nomatter what.

mohye
06-26-2018, 03:33 AM
he also said a ton of other stuff he didnt mean... he will not be alright with not getting free agents... He will spend to get some people this year nomatter what.

On one year deals. You are out of your mind if you think heís offering close to max money for borderline all stars like Levine or Gordon from the magic. If the lakers strike out on lebron and pg 13. Which they wonít. They will give out lucrative one year deals to vets and let the kids grow.

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 06:40 AM

you actually think the Lakers are interested in Lavine...

I guess click bait actually works.... LOLOLOLOLOL

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 06:42 AM

omfg... talk about clueless... fill the roster out... LMFAO....

There is zero chance Lavine is going to LA Ö they would take on bad deals to get assets if they strike out...

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 06:44 AM

its good to see the Sixers fans so concerned with the Lakers...

Anyone thinking the Lakers are gonna sign long term deals with players other than top echelon FA's is clueless

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 06:59 AM
its good to see the Sixers fans so concerned with the Lakers...

Anyone thinking the Lakers are gonna sign long term deals with players other than top echelon FA's is clueless

We never said they were "going to". We said don't rule it out. They're still responsible for 2 of the NBA's worst contracts. Don't act like it hasn't happened before...When they were basically in the same exact situation. The one ignoring recent history calling everyone else clueless...classic

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 07:09 AM
We never said they were "going to". We said don't rule it out. They're still responsible for 2 of the NBA's worst contracts. Don't act like it hasn't happened before...When they were basically in the same exact situation. The one ignoring recent history calling everyone else clueless...classic

actually they aren't Ö those two idiots that did that are long gone. solid logic though SMFH

warfelg
06-26-2018, 07:19 AM

And when you get Sixers fans and Celtics fans agree it's a strange day.

I didn't say it here, I said it elsewhere though: We've never seen Magic and Palinka in this situation of huge FA's and huge cap. We don't know what they will do in this situation. I think it's more than fair to say they can mess it up. I said the same thing last year when Bryan Colangelo was operating FA. Some (most) Sixer fans had a bunch of fear that he would attach a 2nd year to JJ to get him to come, he would extend RoCo to a flat $12mil a year and lose out on max space, and sign another guy to a longer term contract too. There's examples almost yearly of GM's going that exact thing.

So we'll see what happens. But I wouldn't 100% buy into they will be able to do this. Like I tried to ask: What do those two do if LBJ and PG want to be there but they also say we want you to sign George Hill, trade for Kyle Korver? What do they do if those two give them a shopping list and say they want those guys here, or they want the Lakers to trade for certain players?

Vinylman
06-26-2018, 07:53 AM
And when you get Sixers fans and Celtics fans agree it's a strange day.

I didn't say it here, I said it elsewhere though: We've never seen Magic and Palinka in this situation of huge FA's and huge cap. We don't know what they will do in this situation. I think it's more than fair to say they can mess it up. I said the same thing last year when Bryan Colangelo was operating FA. Some (most) Sixer fans had a bunch of fear that he would attach a 2nd year to JJ to get him to come, he would extend RoCo to a flat $12mil a year and lose out on max space, and sign another guy to a longer term contract too. There's examples almost yearly of GM's going that exact thing.

So we'll see what happens. But I wouldn't 100% buy into they will be able to do this. Like I tried to ask: What do those two do if LBJ and PG want to be there but they also say we want you to sign George Hill, trade for Kyle Korver? What do they do if those two give them a shopping list and say they want those guys here, or they want the Lakers to trade for certain players?

Wow... talk about an ignorant hypothetical...

glad you guys are so concerned for the Lakers though

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 08:05 AM
actually they aren't Ö those two idiots that did that are long gone. solid logic though SMFH

The head of the franchise is still there (Buss) and they have final say on all transactions. They brought in a GM and a head of basketball operations with zero experience. It's more than fair to say they're not completely infallible. Especially when the head has signed off on similar transactions in the past.

warfelg
06-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Wow... talk about an ignorant hypothetical...

glad you guys are so concerned for the Lakers though

So your so scared of it you don't want to talk about the possibility of it happening is what I'm taking away.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Yup, we're scared. I think Sixers are going to max out Lavine, Gordon or Randle. No cap space for at least 10 years cause we've never seen Brett Brown take over for a guy with burner accounts before so it is possible.

I can see the Celtics going all in by trading Brown, Tatum, 1st round picks and Irving since he's leaving anyway for a one year rental in Kawhi. We haven't seen them this close to a title in 10 years so I can see them getting antsy and going for it.

warfelg
06-26-2018, 08:47 AM
Hey letís talk about it that way. **** yes Iím worried because Brett wonít shut up about needing a star and star hunting. Were worried he might overpay in a trade for one.

BUT

Brett Brown has been around the league a long time. So has Marc Eversley. Ned Cohen worked for the league office for a long time. I would hope one of them has the sway in that room to slow down anything stupid.

But to some of yíall the possibility of that happening to your team is so remote you treat it as a joke when a fan of another team suggests it could happen. The 0 acknowledgement of it being a possibility that something like that could happen is why people are ďlaughingĒ at the assertions that it wonít.

All these jokes about LeGM and how he gets all of his guys, gets his guys paid, GMs are just puppets with him and somehow your franchise will be the only one immune because of Magic Johnson and Rob Palinka.

TheDish87
06-26-2018, 09:45 AM
i love how Laker fans refuse to acknowledge they might (prob wont) get what they are hoping for this offseason.

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Yup, we're scared. I think Sixers are going to max out Lavine, Gordon or Randle. No cap space for at least 10 years cause we've never seen Brett Brown take over for a guy with burner accounts before so it is possible.

I can see the Celtics going all in by trading Brown, Tatum, 1st round picks and Irving since he's leaving anyway for a one year rental in Kawhi. We haven't seen them this close to a title in 10 years so I can see them getting antsy and going for it.

Right because comparing Magic and Palinka to Ainge is completely fair. Ainge who has had a very successful track record trading for, signing and drafting elite level talent to Magic and Palinka who if you're being honest, up to this point have done none of that. They haven't traded for a single star. They haven't drafted a single star. They haven't signed a single star. Yet you're assuming they're going to do all of the above based on...what exactly? Could they? Sure. Will they? Maybe. Could they not and fail completely? Absolutely. Magic and Palinka have ZERO track record in the NBA outside of ditching bad contracts (good for them) but that isn't nearly as hard as actually getting elite level players.

WaDe03
06-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Iím interested in Cousins sign and trade possibilities. Not much news out about him right now.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:21 AM
i love how Laker fans refuse to acknowledge they might (prob wont) get what they are hoping for this offseason.

So, you love that we are refusing to acknowledge an outcome that has yet to happen? Doesn't make much sense.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Right because comparing Magic and Palinka to Ainge is completely fair. Ainge who has had a very successful track record trading for, signing and drafting elite level talent to Magic and Palinka who if you're being honest, up to this point have done none of that. They haven't traded for a single star. They haven't drafted a single star. They haven't signed a single star. Yet you're assuming they're going to do all of the above based on...what exactly? Could they? Sure. Will they? Maybe. Could they not and fail completely? Absolutely. Magic and Palinka have ZERO track record in the NBA outside of ditching bad contracts (good for them) but that isn't nearly as hard as actually getting elite level players.

Getting rid of Mozgov might be better then trading for a star if we are being honest...

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Iím interested in Cousins sign and trade possibilities. Not much news out about him right now.

Yeah, he's gonna have to take a one year deal somewhere and come back like a bat outta hell in the 2nd half of the season to get that max next year.

WaDe03
06-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Yeah, he's gonna have to take a one year deal somewhere and come back like a bat outta hell in the 2nd half of the season to get that max next year.

Do you know when heís expected back?

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:36 AM
Do you know when heís expected back?

I read somewhere it was like late January, early February.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/demarcus-cousins-injury-update-looming-free-agent-feels-great-hopes-to-return-for-training-camp/

I doubt he will be ready for training camp, probably more of him selling himself in free agency. Even late January wouldn't be a year of recovery.

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Getting rid of Mozgov might be better then trading for a star if we are being honest...

Not even close. When you get 3 first round picks for 3 past their prime stars on big contracts let us know.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Not even close. When you get 3 first round picks for 3 past their prime stars on big contracts let us know.

Common theme: Both deals were with Brooklyn. Maybe Ainge and Maginka aren't good at all but Brooklyn's FO is that bad...

WaDe03
06-26-2018, 11:51 AM

Some interesting DJ news.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 11:54 AM
I hope Dallas gets Deandre. That will be one less team with cap space to sign Randle to an offer sheet.

Scoots
06-26-2018, 11:57 AM
Common theme: Both deals were with Brooklyn. Maybe Ainge and Maginka aren't good at all but Brooklyn's FO is that bad...

Brooklyn's FO WAS that bad.

warfelg
06-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Brooklyn's FO WAS that bad.

And you could argue for them taking on Mozgov to get DLo was a good move rather than a bad FO. They havenít had a high pick a while, werenít a draw to free agents, and had extra cap to spend. So they took a 3 year cap hit to see the future of DLo.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 12:14 PM
And you could argue for them taking on Mozgov to get DLo was a good move rather than a bad FO. They havenít had a high pick a while, werenít a draw to free agents, and had extra cap to spend. So they took a 3 year cap hit to see the future of DLo.

They also gave up a 1st round pick and Lopez to get a look at "bum Knees" Russell...That was an absolute horrible deal for Brooklyn.

WaDe03
06-26-2018, 12:17 PM
I just hope Pat Riley isnít sitting on his hands. Thereís moves out there, just have to be aggressive and maybe take some gambles.

Oakmont_4
06-26-2018, 12:40 PM

They were different FO's...

TheDish87
06-26-2018, 01:19 PM
They also gave up a 1st round pick and Lopez to get a look at "bum Knees" Russell...That was an absolute horrible deal for Brooklyn.

how was that possibly horrible for BK?

Silent
06-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Russell was a steal for Brooklyn.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Russell was a steal for Brooklyn.Pass the crack.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 01:48 PM
how was that possibly horrible for BK?They have up a first and an expiring for 3 years of Mozgov at 18 million and a bust with knee problems.

TheDish87
06-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Russ had a nice year and Brook Lopez had all those same issues lol. they traded away a bum who his ceiling 5 years ago for a young player with upside on a rookie deal

HunterNRoss
06-26-2018, 02:46 PM

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 03:13 PM

Lol, he knows they will... Cap space + Los Angeles = goldmine to recruit free agents. Add Magic Johnson to the mix and you get everyone wanting to play there.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Russ had a nice year and Brook Lopez had all those same issues lol. they traded away a bum who his ceiling 5 years ago for a young player with upside on a rookie dealHe played in like 30 games and horrible advanced metrics and shooting percentages. Russell is and always will be garbage. I watched the dude for 2 years.

KobeOwnSU
06-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Lol, he knows they will... Cap space + Los Angeles = goldmine to recruit free agents. Add Magic Johnson to the mix and you get everyone wanting to play there.Yep he has to know something. Hes setting himself up to look like God.

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 03:23 PM
Yep he has to know something. Hes setting himself up to look like God.

The problem is I think it's bad news for this season if you expected your own Big Three. I think Magic has come to the realization that they may have to delay it for another year before they can get the players they want. Likely, they are looking to get Kawhi+LeBron in 2019 and then letting the young guys develop for this season.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2018, 03:28 PM
He played in like 30 games and horrible advanced metrics and shooting percentages. Russell is and always will be garbage. I watched the dude for 2 years.

You're being a little rough haha. He wasn't that bad. He played 48 games at 15, 4 and 5. Defensively he's still awful and he had his worst shooting year to date last year. But PER at 15 or below for 3 straight years says he's an average NBA player.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2018, 03:33 PM
The problem is I think it's bad news for this season if you expected your own Big Three. I think Magic has come to the realization that they may have to delay it for another year before they can get the players they want. Likely, they are looking to get Kawhi+LeBron in 2019 and then letting the young guys develop for this season.
That's the thing, any rational fan knew they couldn't get all 3. The front office said it was a 2 year process back in January and Laker fans are happy with that. Nobody was even talking about a big 3 before Kawhi started his desires. Obviously the excitement of trying to come up with scenarios of ways to make that happen on a meaninglessness forum are different from what people really believe and would be willing to put a wager on.

Here I can say without repercussions that they are going to sign both LeBron and George and be able to get Kawhi next year via trade. Would I wager a good chunk of change that's going to happen? No way. So that means I really don't believe it that much

TheDish87
06-26-2018, 04:07 PM
He played in like 30 games and horrible advanced metrics and shooting percentages. Russell is and always will be garbage. I watched the dude for 2 years.

he played on a garbage team out of position. you clearly have a bias against him bcuz he didnt star for the lakers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Lol, he knows they will... Cap space + Los Angeles = goldmine to recruit free agents. Add Magic Johnson to the mix and you get everyone wanting to play there.

Only if LeBron joins. Otherwise if he stays with Cavs then could cause a hesitation with others to not jump ship. No LeBron means just PG13 maybe? Since Pops said Kawhi to the east this year only. Does PG13 wanna go solo with just the kids? Yeah if LeBron's joins the Lakers then flood the gates other's will follow.

If LeBron stays. Then PG13 could pause a year. CP3 could join up for super-max and be injury-prone and don't care. Then that's one dead weight deal. Besides Lakers have to dump Deng yet. Lakers could end up with PG13 and CP3 maybe. If LeBron stays with Cavs I think others hold off a year. The Lakers either decide to over pay achilles Cousin or let Mavs have a go at him. Other wise one year deals for Lakers once again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2018, 05:15 PM
That's the thing, any rational fan knew they couldn't get all 3. The front office said it was a 2 year process back in January and Laker fans are happy with that. Nobody was even talking about a big 3 before Kawhi started his desires. Obviously the excitement of trying to come up with scenarios of ways to make that happen on a meaninglessness forum are different from what people really believe and would be willing to put a wager on.

Here I can say without repercussions that they are going to sign both LeBron and George and be able to get Kawhi next year via trade. Would I wager a good chunk of change that's going to happen? No way. So that means I really don't believe it that much

I bet Jack Nicholson isn't happy seeing KCP and Lopez trotting out there. Besides the Ball circus.

Mr.B
06-26-2018, 06:02 PM
I hope Dallas gets Deandre. That will be one less team with cap space to sign Randle to an offer sheet.

I donít think you have to worry about Dallas going after Randle. Word is they are not interested because he doesnít fit their team needs. They need a rim protecting center thatís good at the P&R. Randle is a PF that is a beast in the paint but more of an iso guy that is not a rim protector and canít stretch the floor. Deandre (or Capela) canít stretch the floor but they are both really good at rolling to the basket in the P&R.

This was tweeted by the Mavs play by play guy.
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1011393626608427009?s=21

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2018, 06:25 PM
I bet Jack Nicholson isn't happy seeing KCP and Lopez trotting out there. Besides the Ball circus.

If Jack doesn't like what he sees, he can easily sell his seats on StubHub to recoup some of his money and wait until they have a good team. They are still selling out while being a crappy team. They are still the number one topic on LA radio stations while being horrible for the past 5 years. Their ratings still trump the Clippers 10 fold even though the Clippers have been much better lately. They still get way too many nationally televised games in my opinion. They still are the number one topic on shows like First Take, and the Fox Sports shows. They have won 5 championships in the last 18 years. That's a championship every three and a half seasons. They have bought themselves some time

COOLbeans
06-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Yep he has to know something. Heís setting himself up to look like God

You wish :cool:

Vee-Rex
06-26-2018, 08:11 PM
DAJ to Big D?

Mr.B
06-26-2018, 08:42 PM
DAJ to Big D?

The Mavs are trying.

TrueFan420
06-26-2018, 08:48 PM
The Mavs are trying.

How sad... after what he did last time he should be on the no fly list. He's not exactly a game changer either.

Saddletramp
06-26-2018, 09:24 PM
I hope he goes to Dallas. Less competition for Capela and thisíll be a mistake on their part real quick. And just when things were starting to sorta look up for then.......

Saddletramp
06-26-2018, 09:25 PM
How sad... after what he did last time he should be on the no fly list. He's not exactly a game changer either.

And yeah, it shows that people can still **** with Cuban and then get invited back with open arms a few years later.

KB24PG16
06-26-2018, 09:47 PM

dumb post is dumb

WaDe03
06-26-2018, 10:22 PM

Being a game changer depends on who he has around him imo.

FlashBolt
06-26-2018, 11:18 PM
DSJ+Doncic will be a top backcourt within three years.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2018, 11:51 PM
dumb post is dumb

dumb poster is dumb

IKnowHoops
06-27-2018, 12:38 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

TrueFan420
06-27-2018, 01:07 AM
Being a game changer depends on who he has around him imo.

No it doesn't. A game changer is just that. They can change a game. He isn't and never has been a game changer.

Oakmont_4
06-27-2018, 06:09 AM
DSJ+Doncic will be a top backcourt within three years.

Top what. 5? 10? 15?

WaDe03
06-27-2018, 09:15 AM
No it doesn't. A game changer is just that. They can change a game. He isn't and never has been a game changer.

Yes he definitely has lol, Iím guessing you donít like him for whatever reason.

Farty Farts
06-27-2018, 12:15 PM
paul george ends up with the clippers. shots fired. not a clips fan but west is a proven exec, magic isnt. george goes to lac, lebron opts for houston/phi.....kwahi joins george in lac next july.

TrueFan420
06-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Yes he definitely has lol, Iím guessing you donít like him for whatever reason.

No he's just not that good. He's a good rebounder, post defender and shot blocker. 1 of the 3 things he's good at isn't all that valuable anymore. Then on the offensive side he can't shoot or post up. He's limited to put backs and ally oops. That's not a game changer.

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Top what. 5? 10? 15?

I would say 3-4, honestly. Doncic is the most NBA-ready player in this draft and has a game that fits right in with how the NBA style is these days. DSJ needs to work on shot selection but he's got a lot of potential to be a very explosive guard like Westbrook is, IMO.

Oakmont_4
06-27-2018, 01:41 PM
I would say 3-4, honestly. Doncic is the most NBA-ready player in this draft and has a game that fits right in with how the NBA style is these days. DSJ needs to work on shot selection but he's got a lot of potential to be a very explosive guard like Westbrook is, IMO.

I'm going to say no way. Not in the next 3 years. Top 10 yeah I can see that pretty easily. Probably top 7 in 3 years.

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 02:45 PM
I'm going to say no way. Not in the next 3 years. Top 10 yeah I can see that pretty easily. Probably top 7 in 3 years.

Oops, I thought you meant in years as in 5, 10, 15 years, lol. Yeah, not 3-4 but in the top 7 range is still very good. 7/30 is pretty great.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Hoping Lake Show can set this thing in motion. Bron + PG + Kawhi/CP3 pls. Add on supplementary veterans who want to play on that team. Get it done Magic!

Wouldn't even care if gs won again next season. That team would be fire to watch!! :clap:

Mr.B
06-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Yea if I had a choice I would prefer Capela but I think the Rockets will match any offer he gets (itís going to be a max offer). DJ still does 1 thing extremely well though and thatís rebound the ball. The Mavs biggest weakness is rebounding. He would immediately make them an exciting fast break team with Doncic, Dennis, and Barnes out on the wings. If they are going to take on DJ though I would prefer for him to opt in and the Mavs trade for him. That way theyíre ily committed to him for 1 year. If he works out great for that 1 year then they can look to resign him to a more team friendly deal. If he fails they can move on quick and get the cap space from his $24 mil expiring contract.

I can put personal feeling about him aside if heís going to help the team win.

Mr.B
06-27-2018, 07:11 PM

Keep in mind Dallas doesnít need him to come in and be Shaq or Kareem. They just need him to rebound and be a rim protector and be good in the P&R which he is still good at. No one is expecting him to do anything that heís isnít still good at.

WaDe03
06-27-2018, 10:10 PM
Mavs looking to trade for DJ this week

FlashBolt
06-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Mavs looking to trade for DJ this week

Cuban really wants that bbc....

More-Than-Most
06-27-2018, 10:48 PM
I want the lakers to get 1 of pg/lebron or kl but not all 3. I just dont want the super team crap to continue... If I had it my way id want PG13 to go to the lakers with lebron going to new york and the sixers getting KL. It just makes the league more fun when the talent is spread and the big cities and dynamic areas are good to great. Having a league where the sixers/lakers/knicks/celtics/warriors/Rockets are all damn good with star players like Giannis/AD on lesser known teams while the likes of the spurs/bulls are on hopefully quick rebuilds and you have teams like the Jazz/Blazers/Rockets with talent. The league will be fun. I just hate that the warriors are so far above everyone.

WaDe03
06-27-2018, 10:53 PM
If the Mavs send back Wes Matthews for DJ they only shed 5M so they could put together a really solid team.

DSJ
Doncic
Barnes
Randle/Dirk
DJ

TrueFan420
06-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Keep in mind Dallas doesnít need him to come in and be Shaq or Kareem. They just need him to rebound and be a rim protector and be good in the P&R which he is still good at. No one is expecting him to do anything that heís isnít still good at.

I get it but it's all the more reason I'd never let him walk thru the door. If he's a game changer even with him backing out last second last time you still consider it now (tho I personally wouldn't) because its business. But he's nothing special thus after he did what he did last time it's a hard pass and you don't even answer his agents call.

LORD6
06-28-2018, 01:15 AM
as a mavs fan I still would kinda hate him but it makes sense froma strategy standpoint.He plays defense can help in pick n roll and hes athletic, can get many oops with doncic and Smith the mavs like defensive athletic bigs next to dirk capela would be a tough acquisition also if we trade wes and maybe Powell for daj we would still have cap room to do more. but like I said I would still kinda hate him

Bostonjorge
06-28-2018, 01:42 AM
Boston needs to keep Smart. 13-14 million a year is not bad for what he brings. He said he thinks heís worth between 12-14 so Boston needs to wrap him up.

Dade County
06-28-2018, 02:52 AM
Hoping Lake Show can set this thing in motion. Bron + PG + Kawhi/CP3 pls. Add on supplementary veterans who want to play on that team. Get it done Magic!

Wouldn't even care if gs won again next season. That team would be fire to watch!! :clap:

Lakers shouldn't and I don't believe they will trade any of their top 3 young players. All this is fake news.

In order to beat GS, Lakers will need Ball, Ingram & Kuz to develop while they are surrounded by star players. So the Lakers are just going to out right sign Lbj & PG (if they decide to go there), and go after another star player in a S&T; maybe Cousins on a 1 & 1 deal, if possible.

And I don't believe that Kawhi will be traded to the West. It will be a team in the East that most people are not talking about.

LaVar Ball
06-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Woj:

Sources on ESPN: Oklahoma City Thunder star Paul George informs franchise that he is not opting into final year of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Woj:

Sources on ESPN: Oklahoma City Thunder star Paul George informs franchise that he is not opting into final year of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent.

that is expected. Why would he ever opt in? He is gonna either get a max from the thunder or as much as he can from the lakers. No chance he was ever going to opt in.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 02:16 PM
I get it but it's all the more reason I'd never let him walk thru the door. If he's a game changer even with him backing out last second last time you still consider it now (tho I personally wouldn't) because its business. But he's nothing special thus after he did what he did last time it's a hard pass and you don't even answer his agents call.

From my understanding they are exploring other options such as Alex Len and Hassan Whiteside however both of them have major flaws too. Right now though their starting centers are Dirk and Dwight Powell. Well they also extended a qualifying offer to Salah Mejri. So you can see they are pretty hard up for a quality starting 5.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Mavs have withdrawn Doug McDermott's QO.

TrueFan420
06-28-2018, 05:34 PM
From my understanding they are exploring other options such as Alex Len and Hassan Whiteside however both of them have major flaws too. Right now though their starting centers are Dirk and Dwight Powell. Well they also extended a qualifying offer to Salah Mejri. So you can see they are pretty hard up for a quality starting 5.

I get that I do but I still wouldn't sign him after what happened. There are plenty of young bigs I'd rather try to acquire and develop than get him.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 05:52 PM
Mavs have withdrawn Doug McDermott's QO.

They withdrew the QO to Salah Mejri too. My bet is that they are preparing for Deandre to opt out of his final year and then they will sign him as a free agent.

Saddletramp
06-28-2018, 05:56 PM
They withdrew the QO to Salah Mejri too. My bet is that they are preparing for Deandre to opt out of his final year and then they will sign him as a free agent.

If he opts in, what do they have to trade? Wes Matthews? Just picks and a draft and stasher to absorb his salary?

Knowing Cuban, heíll tell DJ to opt out and heíll give him a 4 year/$20 million a year contract. And itíll be awful.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 07:09 PM
If he opts in, what do they have to trade? Wes Matthews? Just picks and a draft and stasher to absorb his salary?

Knowing Cuban, heíll tell DJ to opt out and heíll give him a 4 year/$20 million a year contract. And itíll be awful.

Yea if he opts in the Mavs would offer up a deal that centers around Wes. If it is for Wes straight up it would save the Clippers $6 mil right off and they wouldnít have to take on any contracts that extend beyond this year. Iím sure a 2nd round pick or two would be included as well.

If the Clippers do not want to take on Wes there is also a chance that they could get a 3rd team involved. The Mavs would prefer for him to opt in though because that would leave them with enough cap space to go after another free agent and they would not be committed to DJ long term. Rumor is that they also are interested in Alex Len.

If DJ opts out I fully believe they will go after him as a free agent. I have no idea what kind of contract he would be offered though. I just hope itís a short one. I know they also want to clear as much cap space for the 2021 free agency period too.

Saddletramp
06-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Yea if he opts in the Mavs would offer up a deal that centers around Wes. If it is for Wes straight up it would save the Clippers $6 mil right off and they wouldnít have to take on any contracts that extend beyond this year. Iím sure a 2nd round pick or two would be included as well.

If the Clippers do not want to take on Wes there is also a chance that they could get a 3rd team involved. The Mavs would prefer for him to opt in though because that would leave them with enough cap space to go after another free agent and they would not be committed to DJ long term. Rumor is that they also are interested in Alex Len.

If DJ opts out I fully believe they will go after him as a free agent. I have no idea what kind of contract he would be offered though. I just hope itís a short one. I know they also want to clear as much cap space for the 2021 free agency period too.

I bet Cuban told him to opt in but I bet DJ tells him he wants a long term deal. In seeing the Gortat trade and the Mejri nonextension, Iím sure they already know what theyíre doing. And if they already know what theyíre doing and Cuban really wants him, DJ would be dumb to just opt in. Then again, itís DJ., so i wouldnít rule it out.

No offense, but I hope DJ strong arms him again and forces a long term deal (4/100 sounds awesome) without getting out of Wesís expiring.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 09:10 PM
I bet Cuban told him to opt in but I bet DJ tells him he wants a long term deal. In seeing the Gortat trade and the Mejri nonextension, Iím sure they already know what theyíre doing. And if they already know what theyíre doing and Cuban really wants him, DJ would be dumb to just opt in. Then again, itís DJ., so i wouldnít rule it out.

No offense, but I hope DJ strong arms him again and forces a long term deal (4/100 sounds awesome) without getting out of Wesís expiring.

I would shocked if they did anything that cut into their 2021 cap space. If they do sign DJ as a free agent I could see them doing s 2 year deal with 3rd year as a team option. Dallas has plans for 2021.

Saddletramp
06-28-2018, 09:48 PM
I would shocked if they did anything that cut into their 2021 cap space. If they do sign DJ as a free agent I could see them doing s 2 year deal with 3rd year as a team option. Dallas has plans for 2021.

Then if Iím Jordan I try to get that 4/100 somewhere and if the best I can get is Dallasís 2 or 3 year offer then I opt in and see whatís up next year. No idea whoís got cap/whoís a Free Agent, etc..... next year but I would if I had a player option for this year.

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Mavs are a rebuilding team. Other than being around the Texas area, I have no idea why DeAndre is interested in Dallas. They are not going to win anything soon so it actually tells me DeAndre just wants to live near his hometown at this point. Dude doesn't care about winning. You can tell.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Then if Iím Jordan I try to get that 4/100 somewhere and if the best I can get is Dallasís 2 or 3 year offer then I opt in and see whatís up next year. No idea whoís got cap/whoís a Free Agent, etc..... next year but I would if I had a player option for this year.

Well he has to make a decision tomorrow. If he chooses to opt in and remain and stay with the Clippers Iíd be perfectly ok with that personally.

Mr.B
06-28-2018, 10:58 PM
Mavs are a rebuilding team. Other than being around the Texas area, I have no idea why DeAndre is interested in Dallas. They are not going to win anything soon so it actually tells me DeAndre just wants to live near his hometown at this point. Dude doesn't care about winning. You can tell.

I was talking with a friend about this earlier. It honestly would not shock me if he opts out and signs a much lower deal with Houston to backup Capela (after they match any offer he gets). Spurning the Mavs again. Heíd get to play in his home town and have a shot at a title.

Dade County
06-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Miami HEAT news...

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1012515638324224009?s=21
Fresh intel: Don't count #Heat out in @kawhileonard sweepstakes. I personally believe #Sixers are the favorites, but I never underestimate Pat Riley. If he can get Kawhi, then guess who he can go after on July 6?

https://twitter.com/iraheatbeat/status/1012492510151749632?s=21
Per ESPN's @ZachLowe_NBA: "Several teams called the Heat about Josh Richardson during the draft, but Miami showed no interest in trading him despite their tax bill, sources say. Something has to give here, too."

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 11:32 PM
Miami HEAT news...

Let's be honest.. Heat ain't getting anyone.

WaDe03
06-29-2018, 12:11 AM

Probably not, Wade looks to be vacationing so it doesnít look like heís working on trades or bringing in free agents.

Dade County
06-29-2018, 12:12 AM

most likely...

But just because the media isn't ordered to talk about it, doesn't mean something might or might not happen.

Also...

With a crazy summer of free agency starting July 1, the Blazersí best chance to improve is through trade. Portland isnít a big free agent destination, and the team doesnít have much money to spend.

So McCollum might not be giving up on Whiteside yet. In fact, the two were spotted working out together on Whitesideís instagram story Wednesday morning.

If Miami and Portland tried to equate the contracts being swapped, the only two players with a contract as big as Whitesideís are McCollum and Damian Lillard. Whiteside isnít worth either of them.

Maybe the Blazers package two players, say Evan Turner and Maurice Harkless. But that doesnít benefit the Heat in any way. They still have contract problems for the next two seasons and lost their only capable big man.

https://ripcityproject.com/2018/06/27/hassan-whiteside-trade-rumors/

Miami could be in play for Lillard or maybe Cj.

Cj is training with Whiteside, so this might mean that Whiteside could be heading to Portland, or Miami is keeping Whiteside & Cj is trying to get some training in with his new Miami HEAT team mate.

I am sure we will find out within the next 48hrs.

And Flash Bolt. beside the lakers, I think Miami has the best shot to actually pull something off. Boston isn't going to do anything unless a player commits to them, & even though the 76ers are building up assets and have good pieces I just don't believe they are going to get their guy.

Saddletramp
06-29-2018, 12:19 AM
I was talking with a friend about this earlier. It honestly would not shock me if he opts out and signs a much lower deal with Houston to backup Capela (after they match any offer he gets). Spurning the Mavs again. Heíd get to play in his home town and have a shot at a title.

No way he opts out of $20whatever million just to sign for around $5 million with anyone. If he opts out, itís because The Clippers didnít want anyone in return and heíll sign with Dallas straight up. And for a good amount. Maybe not $20M per range but itíll be way more than an MLE type thing.

Itíd be hilarious if he did that to Cuban, though.

Wade n Fade
06-29-2018, 10:57 AM
most likely...

But just because the media isn't ordered to talk about it, doesn't mean something might or might not happen.

Also...

Miami could be in play for Lillard or maybe Cj.

Cj is training with Whiteside, so this might mean that Whiteside could be heading to Portland, or Miami is keeping Whiteside & Cj is trying to get some training in with his new Miami HEAT team mate.

I am sure we will find out within the next 48hrs.

And Flash Bolt. beside the lakers, I think Miami has the best shot to actually pull something off. Boston isn't going to do anything unless a player commits to them, & even though the 76ers are building up assets and have good pieces I just don't believe they are going to get their guy.

Players play together in the off-season. It doesn't mean anything. Portland is not going to give Lillard or CJ for Miami Heat scraps since the Heat do not want to move Josh Richardson or Justise Winslow or Bam Adebayo. Nobody wants TJ unless you're sending bad contracts back.

kdspurman
06-29-2018, 10:58 AM
:laugh2:

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2018, 02:11 PM
I want the lakers to get 1 of pg/lebron or kl but not all 3. I just dont want the super team crap to continue... If I had it my way id want PG13 to go to the lakers with lebron going to new york and the sixers getting KL. It just makes the league more fun when the talent is spread and the big cities and dynamic areas are good to great. Having a league where the sixers/lakers/knicks/celtics/warriors/Rockets are all damn good with star players like Giannis/AD on lesser known teams while the likes of the spurs/bulls are on hopefully quick rebuilds and you have teams like the Jazz/Blazers/Rockets with talent. The league will be fun. I just hate that the warriors are so far above everyone.

We need another super team to combat the Warriors. Otherwise they are gonna win like 4-5 in a row.

Right now you have Golden State at the top and nobody is on their level.

Rockets and Celtics are the next two best teams by far. After that you have the Sixers, but if they don't add someone significant, I doubt they can contend.

It's going to be another boring season with the Warriors winning easily unless Lebron forms a super team or at least joins up with another superstar somewhere. Right now, my hunch is that Lebron will form another super team in LA with Kawhi and PG13. Either the Spurs or Lakers will cave and a trade will happen. After that, Lebron and PG13 will accept whatever deals need to be accepted in order for it to work under the salary cap.

Many people are saying Lebron has nothing to prove, but let's be honest... it's far more likely that Lebron wants to beat Golden State one more time and he knows what he has to do to beat them. Super team is the only way and LA is the most likely place it will happen. Some have mentioned Philly, but I think LA is far more likely.

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2018, 02:35 PM

Mavs don't plan on rebuilding, they want to start winning. Thats why they traded next years 1st round pick to acquire Luka. Once they get rid of Powell and Matthews contract they should be in good shape sign a Max guy to their core.

tucksoe
06-29-2018, 03:28 PM
We need another super team to combat the Warriors. Otherwise they are gonna win like 4-5 in a row.

Rockets and Celtics are the next two best teams by far. After that you have the Sixers, but if they don't add someone significant, I doubt they can contend.

It's going to be another boring season with the Warriors winning easily unless Lebron forms a super team or at least joins up with another superstar somewhere. Right now, my hunch is that Lebron will form another super team in LA with Kawhi and PG13. Either the Spurs or Lakers will cave and a trade will happen. After that, Lebron and PG13 will accept whatever deals need to be accepted in order for it to work under the salary cap.

Many people are saying Lebron has nothing to prove, but let's be honest... it's far more likely that Lebron wants to beat Golden State one more time and he knows what he has to do to beat them. Super team is the only way and LA is the most likely place it will happen. Some have mentioned Philly, but I think LA is far more likely.
It's almost like you forgot that if Paul doesn't get hurt there is a really good chance the Rockets win that series

Saddletramp
06-29-2018, 08:11 PM
DJ opted out, lol.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 10:36 PM

I agree 100 percent but man the super team stuff is just annoying lol. I hate knowing the outcome before a game is played and most of us do. The sixers need a KL to contend if they go into this season without him it will be just about growth.. Grow Embiid/Simmons/Saric/Fultz and our new player and lose to the celtics in the ECF.... With KL we have a shot as long as ben makes shooting strides because we defend... Embiid/KL/Simmons all defend... We would put shooters around them and defenders and have the defense to do something but the warriors would still win in 6 in my opinion. The sixers if they get KL would have the depth still which is needed to fight the warriors... The celtics also have that depth to give the warriors issues... That is why I am not a fan of the lakers giving up everything and getting a big 3 because they would lose in 5. If I am the lakers the best route is to keep all of your young guns and just get PG13 for money without giving up anything and let them grow... Lakers want shiny new toys but this warriors team isnt just a big 4... they are a big 4 with depth and that seems to go unnoticed by all these teams thinking they can contend with them just getting superstars.

I hate ainge with a ****ing passion and think he always wants to rape to ever get a deal done... He is 100 percent right right now... He isnt willing to get rid of his depth and young guns to get 1 player because they have the stars and talent and depth to contend right now with anyone. I think even with kyrie the celtics lose to the warriors but it would be a fun series... Tatum/Browns growth next year could put them in a position over the next few years to knock off the warriors.... The celtics would have a better shot at beating the warriors than a lakers team with KL/PG13/James.... Because of their depth.

beasted86
06-30-2018, 01:30 AM
Partially hoping Dallas plans to turn the table on DJ.

Handshake agreement, but hold off on officially signing him saying they're work on building a playoff team and want to work a sign and trade with Clippers... then 2 weeks into free agency after the money has dried up say "we changed our mind"

Vinylman
06-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Partially hoping Dallas plans to turn the table on DJ.

Handshake agreement, but hold off on officially signing him saying they're work on building a playoff team and want to work a sign and trade with Clippers... then 2 weeks into free agency after the money has dried up say "we changed our mind"

glad he opted out... Dallas signing him takes Randle out of their mix...

Mr.B
06-30-2018, 01:44 PM
No way he opts out of $20whatever million just to sign for around $5 million with anyone. If he opts out, itís because The Clippers didnít want anyone in return and heíll sign with Dallas straight up. And for a good amount. Maybe not $20M per range but itíll be way more than an MLE type thing.

Itíd be hilarious if he did that to Cuban, though.

If Iím Cuban the most Iíd offer DJ is 2/30. Take it leave it.

Iím also not surprised the Mavs have not looked at trading for Whiteside. He gives you the same rebounding and rim running type of player that DJ is. It would also allow them to dump Wes contract and keep their cap space. They might even be able to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of Miami for taking on the extra year on Hassanís contract.

Mr.B
06-30-2018, 01:48 PM
glad he opted out... Dallas signing him takes Randle out of their mix...

I donít think Randle was ever a serious consideration for them anyways. Other than his age and being from Dallas he doesnít really fit their team. Heís not a good fit for Carlisleís heavy P&R offense.

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 01:55 PM

Iím also not surprised the Mavs have not looked at trading for Whiteside. He gives you the same rebounding and rim running type of player that DJ is. It would also allow them to dump Wes contract and keep their cap space. They might even be able to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of Miami for taking on the extra year on Hassanís contract.

Whiteside acts like a kid, though.

Mr.B
06-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Whiteside acts like a kid, though.

So does DJ though. Plus the Mavs will likely have to offer him a 3 or 4 year deal which I personally would want no part of. That would cut into their 2021 cap space. If they were to take on Whiteside they would have Hassan, Barnes, and Powell all coming off the books. That would give them over $60 mil in cap space in a very talented free agency year. Would also still have Luka and Dennis on their rookie contracts.

FlashBolt
06-30-2018, 03:23 PM
So does DJ though. Plus the Mavs will likely have to offer him a 3 or 4 year deal which I personally would want no part of. That would cut into their 2021 cap space. If they were to take on Whiteside they would have Hassan, Barnes, and Powell all coming off the books. That would give them over $60 mil in cap space in a very talented free agency year. Would also still have Luka and Dennis on their rookie contracts.

Whiteside is a locker room problem. I don't think you want this dude. He thinks he's better than he really is and there's a reason why Miami benches him.

Dade County
06-30-2018, 05:50 PM

You lost your damn mind.

:laugh2: for Wesley

Just because of the media and most fans under rate Whiteside, doesn't mean Pat will be making stupid trades. Pat would build Whiteside value back up, before trading him for trash value.

LaVar Ball
06-30-2018, 08:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
now20 seconds ago
More
NBA has informed teams of 2018-19 season salary cap and tax: New salary cap: $101.8M; Luxury Tax: $123M. Non-Tax Mid-level: $8.6M; Tax-payers mid-level: $5.3M; Room Mid-Level: $4.4M. Bi-annual: $3.4M

redsox12
07-01-2018, 12:41 AM
smaller moves

Ersan Ilyasova has agreed to a three-year, $21 million deal with Milwaukee, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
Ilyasova goes back to where he started his career after going around the league. This is an interesting move for the Bucks and it could mean that they don't feel great about bringing Jabari Parker back. He'll likely be a second-string forward for the Bucks with around 20 minutes per night.

Joe Harris has agreed to re-sign with the Nets for $16 million over two years.
The deal is fully guaranteed for both years. Nets coach Kenny Atkinson was a big fan of Harris and the Nets clearly made him a priority this summer. Brooklyn's roster will look pretty similar in 2018-19, but first-round pick Dzanan Musa could complicate things for Harris. After hitting 41.9% of his 3-pointers last season, Harris likely earned himself a decent role in the opening-night rotation.

Free agent Doug McDermott has agreed to a three-year, $22 million deal with the Pacers.
McDermott was an unrestricted free agent and we didn't hear about him being linked to teams other than the Pacers. They got their guy but it wasn't cheap, and the deal is fully guaranteed. He'll give the second-unit added shooting but is a longshot for fantasy value in Indiana.

all rotoworld

My boy Joe is trending, much improved player.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:44 AM
trevor ariza to the suns. 1yr 15mil

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 12:47 AM
trevor ariza to the suns. 1yr 15mil

sucks for the rockets.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 12:54 AM
The worst thing that could have happened for the lakers just did... Lebron is having dinner with magic... Lebron is telling magic right now trade everyone and get me cousins or KL. With PG signing lakers about to give a godfather package.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:55 AM
The worst thing that could have happened for the lakers just did... Lebron is having dinner with magic... Lebron is telling magic right now trade everyone and get me cousins or KL. With PG signing lakers about to give a godfather package.

is this true?

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 12:57 AM
is this true?

its true he is having dinner with him yes.... thats all. I can see magic basically telling him we will get you so or so and that is gonna **** them hard.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:57 AM

Cousins doesn't do anything.

It's over, because the Spurs will not trade Kawhi in time. It's a smart move by them. Lakers would have to give them everything & Lakers front office is not that stupid.

Lbj will be staying out East. Two team race only.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:58 AM
So I am guessing that these free agents are not going to team up to take down GS. This is crazy to me...smh

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 12:59 AM
the worst part magic got a 500k fine for tampering and PG13 didnt even give them a meeting... the disrespect is real. Like holy **** at least meet with them lol

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:59 AM
its true he is having dinner with him yes.... thats all. I can see magic basically telling him we will get you so or so and that is gonna **** them hard.

who reported they are meeting?

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:01 AM
Cousins doesn't do anything.

It's over, because the Spurs will not trade Kawhi in time. It's a smart move by them. Lakers would have to give them everything & Lakers front office is not that stupid.

Lbj will be staying out East. Two team race only.

i loved cousins but with that injury there is no way id give him money outside of a 1 year deal which he wont accept. Cousins/Bron gets them out of the first round probably.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Anyone else think it's funny as hell how "Lob City" fell to ruin?

-DeAndre Jordan commits to Mavericks, then reneges on it after Blake & Paul talk him down
-CP3 is traded after consistent playoff disappointment, injuries to stars
-FO signs Blake Griffin to huge deal, then regrets it and trades him to Pistons
-DeAndre opts out, signs with Mavericks

...Unless he reneges again. Lulz.

FlashBolt
i loved cousins but with that injury there is no way id give him money outside of a 1 year deal which he wont accept. Cousins/Bron gets them out of the first round probably.

agreed but if they can get cousins for a one year deal with LeBron, that's better than nothing. remember: LeBron was able to take a crappy Cavs roster and almost won two games vs the Warriors just this NBA Finals. It's better than nothing..

Dade County
Belinelli is back with the Spurs. 2yr deal.

More-Than-Most
who reported they are meeting?

lakers reddit... not saying its true but when you look it up there is reports about them having dinner or setting up a dinner. Its likely true in all honesty

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:03 AM
the worst part magic got a 500k fine for tampering and PG13 didnt even give them a meeting... the disrespect is real. Like holy **** at least meet with them lolPaul George's nutsack is too small to be a Laker. He wants to be that small town, poor man's Durant 2.0 in OKC life and suffer through being a teammate of both Westbrook and Carmelo.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:04 AM

Not good enough. Lbj needs a real shot or it's not even wroth it.

More-Than-Most
agreed but if they can get cousins for a one year deal with LeBron, that's better than nothing. remember: LeBron was able to take a crappy Cavs roster and almost won two games vs the Warriors just this NBA Finals. It's better than nothing..

def but they will likely get spurs/utah/warriors/rockets/blazers etc in the first round one way or another and that is different from who they went up against last year.

kobe4thewinbang
Belinelli is back with the Spurs. 2yr deal.Missed him being around. He hit some nice shots versus the Heat.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Belinelli is back with the Spurs. 2yr deal.

his shooting is good but his defense is trash. I love and hate him lol

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:06 AM
we were never bringing those 2 back based on who we drafted. We basically drafted defense or shooters or both.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:07 AM
the one thing that makes me sad is... we are clearing all in for someone big but i would have loved ariza at 1 year 15 mill

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:08 AM
the one thing that makes me sad is... we are clearing all in for someone big but i would have loved ariza at 1 year 15 mill

that's overpriced for Ariza, honestly. he's a system player at this point and I can't fathom paying someone that kind of money when they have never been that great to begin with.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:10 AM
goddamn.. marco at that price is a damn steal. why couldn't we sign him instead of grant..

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:10 AM
I think it would be a good move if Lbj forces his way onto OKC, I think this would be a well scripted move. The storyline would be insane.

If OKC could actually beat GS in the WCF and win a title, this throws so much dirt in KD face. It would be insane and good tv.

NBA=Entertainment.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:12 AM
goddamn.. marco at that price is a damn steal. why couldn't we sign him instead of grant..

yea i kinda thought the same thing honestly. He is better than grant by a ton and would have been a perfect fit. Marco is so bad on defense though.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:13 AM
I think it would be a good move if Lbj forces his way onto OKC, I think this would be a well scripted move. The storyline would be insane.

If OKC could actually beat GS in the WCF and win a title, this throws so much dirt in KD face. It would be insane and good tv.

NBA=Entertainment.

OKC would never do it. They cant do it. They are already going to be paying through the roof... Now chance they add another 35 mill while giving up assets in a trade.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2018, 01:20 AM
the worst part magic got a 500k fine for tampering and PG13 didnt even give them a meeting... the disrespect is real. Like holy **** at least meet with them lol

Agreed. Hes my new most hated player lol. To make matters world, he lead on this franchise and this fanbase like the Lakers were even an option. OKC was already informed he was staying. I hope Lebron stays in Cleveland. Don't waste his last years with a young roster like Kobe did. Hope the Lakers tank again for RJ Barrett.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Agreed. Hes my new most hated player lol. To make matters world, he lead on this franchise and this fanbase like the Lakers were even an option. OKC was already informed he was staying. I hope Lebron stays in Cleveland. Don't waste his last years with a young roster like Kobe did. Hope the Lakers tank again for RJ Barrett.The time to rise is now, or Magic is going to resign his position.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:28 AM
yea i honestly think lebron to the lakers is a done deal. It will be amazing to see... It wont equate to winning but seeing lebron play for LA is super cool. Its a shame really because with lebron or KL here the sixers could have a shot against the warriors on defense alone.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:29 AM
OKC would never do it. They cant do it. They are already going to be paying through the roof... Now chance they add another 35 mill while giving up assets in a trade.

I think if they keep Melo they would be paying 257mil, if they let Melo go 173mil. So I am sure they are looking to trade him to Houston.

But if it was to get Lbj, They would do anything.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:29 AM
yea i honestly think lebron to the lakers is a done deal. It will be amazing to see... It wont equate to winning but seeing lebron play for LA is super cool. Its a shame really because with lebron or KL here the sixers could have a shot against the warriors on defense alone.

the meeting between bron and magic was a fake report by some fake twitter account.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:31 AM

He's stay out East. Stay tune.

Kyben36
07-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Winners so far.

OKC Thunder- Retaining Paul George was huge for them. if they lost him it sets them back soo much. and trading Oladipo and Sobonis still sucks, but it would have been worse if PG didnt stay

Dallas Mavericks/Deandre Jordan- I am not sure who is really better off here, to me I think Deandre getting a good deal in this climate after opting out is huge for him. Dalas got a Center though to pair with maybe one more run with Dirk, but lets be real unless Doncic is MVP caliber rok I doubt it.

Loosers

Pheonix Suns - WTF are you offering Trevor Ariza 15 mil a year for. Like it makes no sense considering you have Booker Bridges Jackson and Warren Dominating the Wing. meanwhile they literally have no PG other than a 2nd round Rok on their roster.

Lakers- This may Change if they can maybe trade for Leonard or Land Lebron. But its not looking good for the Lakers. (sorry guys i am being honest here) With PG staying and CP staying. there is really nobody else to pair with Lebron to make a contender. Cousins would be intersting however he could be out the whole year. So in that scenario your basically counting on Lebron Carrying you one year with out help and then maybe Cousins and a FA/ Trade for Leonard would take you over the top. And im sorry but I am not sure lebron wants to go the LA to wait a year to contend. it would mean he would be 35 by the next time he might have a shot at the finals. because lets probably count out this year barring Kawai.

Kyben36
07-01-2018, 01:35 AM

Kawai maybe, but i think Lebron does less good for the 6ers than his tallent level would indicate, its gonna be hard to run him and Simmons together. honestly I think Simmons has just as much potential so build around him. Lebron Will basically take over that team though IMO and turn guys from low post embid to pick and role embid.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2018, 01:36 AM
The time to rise is now, or Magic is going to resign his position.

He might as well resign. The Lakers suck at free agency. Lebron is better off staying East if he still wants a shot at a championship. Honestly, no one beating the Warriors for another 3 years. Patience. Wait for those guys to get older. Paul George really ruined it for me. I hate his guts.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Hmph. Looks like news has died down for tonight. Figured there'd be more. Oh, well.
LeBron bombshell is coming. Also anxious to see what happens with Kawhi.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Hmph. Looks like news has died down for tonight. Figured there'd be more. Oh, well.
LeBron bombshell is coming. Also anxious to see what happens with Kawhi.

Not signing with the Lakers if they can't get Kawhi. Lbj will be staying out East, it's his conference. Lbj will be back in the Final's next season.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:38 AM
He might as well resign. The Lakers suck at free agency. Lebron is better off staying East if he still wants a shot at a championship. Honestly, no one beating the Warriors for another 3 years. Patience. Wait for those guys to get older. Paul George really ruined it for me. I hate his guts.Yeah, Paul George has talent, but I was never really too into the idea as he's not really a winner, ya know? Plus, LeBron is next level compared to him. I still say sign LeBron if they can just to be good again and to see him as a Laker. Kawhi would be nice too, but I am very worried about his injury. I've always wanted Cousins but that's also a concern with his achilles. Warriors will go down eventually, maybe sooner than most think, never know. Keep the faith!

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Not signing with the Lakers if they can't get Kawhi. Lbj will be staying out East, it's his conference. Lbj will be back in the Final's next season.To lose his 3rd straight finals, ya mean? That's practically self-torture.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Kawai maybe, but i think Lebron does less good for the 6ers than his tallent level would indicate, its gonna be hard to run him and Simmons together. honestly I think Simmons has just as much potential so build around him. Lebron Will basically take over that team though IMO and turn guys from low post embid to pick and role embid.

yea KL is the dream and the perfect piece for us... I think Lebron and Simmons can easily coexist... I worry more about lebron the GM then the player. Its the one thing I worry about for the lakers... If lebron comes I feel like they are gonna trade a ton for another player and to me that will **** so much stuff up. Just build around ingram/kuz and ship out ball for something big.

Kyben36
07-01-2018, 01:41 AM
To lose his 3rd straight finals, ya mean? That's practically self-torture.

Better to loose in the 2nd round with the lakers next year. if your lucky conference finals.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:42 AM
according to lebron haters, losing before the finals is better than losing in the finals and therefore going to the West is better for his career.

redsox12
07-01-2018, 01:42 AM
I think thats it for tonight. Tomm maybe Boogie, Smart, Howard to GS, Leonard trade?, LeBron reevaluating things?

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2018, 01:43 AM
Better to loose in the 2nd round with the lakers next year. if your lucky conference finals.I don't know, honestly. I think LeBron is tired of the same old crap from the Cavs front office. Firing Griffin, botching the Kyrie trade, JR Smith, lol. I think he's ready to move into that next phase of his career. I would like to see him with Simmons and Embid, though. I think they'd have a shot at the Warriors. Embiid would carve them up and so would Simmons. And Covington would make life hard for Klay or whoever.