PDA

View Full Version : Celtics ‘Scared’ Kyrie Irving Could Leave in 2019

Dade County
06-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Don't no if true, but I wouldn't be shock if he did leave. I stated this back then when Boston traded for him. Kyrie had a list, and Boston wasn't on it.

I think the 4 teams were HEAT, Knicks, Spurs & Wolves.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/06/08/kyrie-irving-leaving-boston-celtics

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/reports-say-boston-celtics-kyrie-irving-may-go-new-york-knicks

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-celtics-scared-kyrie-irving-might-leave-2019-join-knicks/

“I think they’re scared. I think they’re scared and should be scared to some degree of Kyrie Irving walking in 2019. I know he had a great year, but you know there are people in Cleveland that will tell you that the Knicks should be considered a real threat for Kyrie Irving. Because Kyrie had talked about it, about playing with the Knicks with some players in that Cleveland locker room, from what I was told.

FlashBolt
06-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Kyrie would look good in a Knicks jersey. I'm down to see it. Kyrie+KP would be worth buying NBA tickets for.

Rivera
06-08-2018, 05:26 PM
sign and trade Bron for Kyrie :laugh2:

it wouldnt "shock me" if he left, but we will see. Hopefully if this is true Danny would get something in return for Kyrie and would make keeping both Rozier and Smart that much more important.

FlashBolt
06-08-2018, 05:27 PM
sign and trade Bron for Kyrie :laugh2:

it wouldnt "shock me" if he left, but we will see. Hopefully if this is true Danny would get something in return for Kyrie and would make keeping both Rozier and Smart that much more important.

Lmao, that would be hilarious. LeBron's master plan, LOL..

Rivera
06-08-2018, 05:29 PM

:laugh:

Rivera
06-08-2018, 05:30 PM

only one can imagine and put it through 2k would be bananas to have a line up of

Bron-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford

who cares who comes off the bench. Get 7-10 G Leaguers

FlashBolt
06-08-2018, 05:33 PM
only one can imagine and put it through 2k would be bananas to have a line up of

Screw G-Leaguers. lets get you and I on that team. I'm great at washing clothes. you?

Lil Rhody
06-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Screw G-Leaguers. lets get you and I on that team. I'm great at washing clothes. you?I'll fill water bottles at record speeds and precision

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

numba1CHANGsta
06-08-2018, 06:00 PM

and will still lose to the Warriors 😂

FlashBolt
06-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Typical "Lakers" fan. Would rather see another franchise win the championship to spite LeBron than his own franchise... kinda sad, really.

Ishkabibble
06-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Comment from a guy who knows BOS is much better positioned than his team going forward.

BSF101
06-08-2018, 08:23 PM
I voted No but didn't he say he liked playing in Boston?

Giannis94
06-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Typical "Lakers" fan. Would rather see another franchise win the championship to spite LeBron than his own franchise... kinda sad, really.
Lakers have some sick fans. Look who most of them worship. Nuff said.

Dade County
06-08-2018, 09:45 PM
I voted No but didn't he say he liked playing in Boston?

Most likely a PR move if this article is true. I remember when it seemed like the League was shielding Boston & they could do no wrong. And all news about Boston was just positive.

But he could re-sign but Irving is the kind of person that knows what he wants. So if he never wanted Boston, their is nothing Boston can do to keep him. But we won't no the truth until it's reposted & we might not even believe that. lol

ZH721
06-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Most likely a PR move if this article is true. I remember when it seemed like the League was shielding Boston & they could do no wrong. And all news about Boston was just positive.

But he could re-sign but Irving is the kind of person that knows what he wants. So if he never wanted Boston, their is nothing Boston can do to keep him. But we won't no the truth until it's reposted & we might not even believe that. lol

Why would Kyrie want to leave an elite young core to go to those teams? He absolutely loves winning and the Boston culture. That was very easy to see this year. He really enjoyed himself, unlike in Cleveland.

This is just something to create talk as the off-season nears. The Celtics are more likely to move on from Kyrie due to salary reasons, position flexibility, or trade value. Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.

kyubi256
06-09-2018, 12:26 AM
If he leaves he will guarantee go to a worse situation. But in Boston he may see himself coming off the bench in a couple of years. They're probably gonna be better without him in a few years.

LOb0
06-09-2018, 02:12 AM
We have enough assets and young talent to survive this. Not to mention this overrated tag he carries around, for fair or unfair reasons. He's hurt alot also.

Losing Tatum would be a far bigger blow.

Hustla23
06-09-2018, 03:10 AM
Why would Kyrie want to leave an elite young core to go to those teams? He absolutely loves winning and the Boston culture. That was very easy to see this year. He really enjoyed himself, unlike in Cleveland.

This is just something to create talk as the off-season nears. The Celtics are more likely to move on from Kyrie due to salary reasons, position flexibility, or trade value. Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.

No one loves the "Boston culture" whatever that even means.

Cal827
06-09-2018, 03:57 AM

:laugh2: What Kyrie gets for taking shots at Lebron

Dade County
06-09-2018, 04:10 AM
Why would Kyrie want to leave an elite young core to go to those teams?

Because he never wanted to be there in the first place. We don't no how he feels, and this story could be just fake news.

But we shouldn't be trying to presume whats best for Kyrie.

This is just something to create talk as the off-season nears.

Maybe

Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.

They was never on his list. So I don't know how you can say this.

numba1CHANGsta
06-09-2018, 04:11 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Celtics still suck

hugepatsfan
06-09-2018, 07:22 AM
You never know what can happen but this seems more speculative than rooted in any actual knowledge of the situation.

If the Celtics really are “scared” by anything in particul then I’d look for them to be proactive:

They can get into the FA game via S&T that sends Kyrie somewhere and a FA back to Boston either from that team (Cousins - NO) or from another team who’s FA is gonna leave for another team of not Boston (George - OKC, Lebron - CLE, Jordan - LAC).

I’m sure they could get good draft pick(s) that they could package with their treasure chest of picks they already have to try and move up for Bamba or Carter who fit their young core as the missing big man.

There are two trades I actually would make if I’m Boston... the first would be a S&T for Lebron. Either Kyrie back to CLE or him to NY and then sending picks to CLE for facilitating the S&T. The other would be a deal with Dallas that gets us Bamba and DSJ Jr. I think Boston would have to throw in some more but I think Kyrie for that would at least start a dialogue.

IndyRealist
06-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Because he never wanted to be there in the first place. We don't no how he feels, and this story could be just fake news.

Maybe

So close every speculation thread? PSD would be a ghost town.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Also in regards to his original list. The talk at the time of the trade is that he was thrilled to be in Boston but just never saw it being realistic. He has ties to the area with his dad going to school here. He actually recruited Hayward to CLE as an RFA before Lebron came back. And he obviously had a shot to win and play in a great system. Not saying he doesn’t or didn’t have eyes elsewhere but I don’t think he’s unhappy or unwilling to stay in Boston. Don’t get that vibe at all.

PAOboston
06-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Seems like a stab in the dark here.

I never got the sense Kyrie didn't like it in Boston watching him this year. Ultimately, this is really his team.

I find the timing of this story peculiar too coming at the heels of the LeBron taking a meeting with Boston story. Story might have just be a subtle leak to Cs brass by Kyrie's side as a "Hey, I left Cleveland to get away from Lebron." Hint hint.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

warfelg
06-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Seems like a stab in the dark here.

I never got the sense Kyrie didn't like it in Boston watching him this year. Ultimately, this is really his team.

I find the timing of this story peculiar too coming at the heels of the LeBron taking a meeting with Boston story. Story might have just be a subtle leak to Cs brass by Kyrie's side as a "Hey, I left Cleveland to get away from Lebron." Hint hint.

I get that. But I also think players want to be wanted and seeing a whole bunch of “trade Kyrie for Kawhi” stories is playing into it as well. Part of him has got to be going “if these media guys want this I’m not sure if I want to be here.”

BKLYNpigeon
06-09-2018, 09:35 AM
he's just leveraging for a no trade clause.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2018, 10:07 AM
I get that. But I also think players want to be wanted and seeing a whole bunch of “trade Kyrie for Kawhi” stories is playing into it as well. Part of him has got to be going “if these media guys want this I’m not sure if I want to be here.”

I mean, that’s life in the NBA. There’s rumors everywhere. Is Lebron leaving CLE? Can GS afford their core? Will HOU break it up for another star? Etc, etc.

I can see the talk weighing on Kyrie though so I do see the point. It’s going to happen wherever he goes next too though. And I’d say the local media has been totally dismissive of move Kyrie talks which helps.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2018, 10:08 AM
he's just leveraging for a no trade clause.

Danny Ainge would cut own dick off before giving a player a NTC lol

Vee-Rex
06-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Doesn't sound like a substantial report.

However, this is why some of us said that you gotta wait until you can properly evaluate the CLE/BOS trade. Kyrie would've missed the playoffs even if he was still with Cleveland, and if LeBron is gone our chances at being a contender would leave with him.

corky831
06-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Doesn't sound like a substantial report.

However, this is why some of us said that you gotta wait until you can properly evaluate the CLE/BOS trade. Kyrie would've missed the playoffs even if he was still with Cleveland, and if LeBron is gone our chances at being a contender would leave with him.

I guess it'll depend what Cleveland gets with the 8th pick, because that's ultimately the only value they got out of the trade.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2018, 10:48 AM
if the Celtics have a chance to nab LeBron obviously they will gladly move Kyrie. I don't see any way he gets traded for LeBron but can definitely see a scenario that Boston ditches him to grab LeBron after how their kids acquitted themselves this PS. they would be scary.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

warfelg
06-09-2018, 11:01 AM
I mean, that’s life in the NBA. There’s rumors everywhere. Is Lebron leaving CLE? Can GS afford their core? Will HOU break it up for another star? Etc, etc.

I can see the talk weighing on Kyrie though so I do see the point. It’s going to happen wherever he goes next too though. And I’d say the local media has been totally dismissive of move Kyrie talks which helps.

I don’t disagree on the first part, but to me it’s not like the team just acquired one of those guys, and then has stories to move them because something new came along.

I see Kyrie as a guy that lets this stuff weighing on Kyrie more than anything else. He comes off as a guy that very aware of what’s said about him, whether that’s from him or the people around him telling him.

So I can see him being sensitive to comments like “Straight up trade for Kawhi?” Or “We got to the ECF without him, Scary Terry is great!” Some guys are great at letting that roll off their back, some guys internalize all of it and make it drive them.

It’s also a negotiation tool. “Eh I might leave”. “Ok here’s the max early.” “Cool got what I want.”

cmellofan15
06-09-2018, 11:38 AM
i highly doubt they're 'scared' or even worried. a very sensationalized title all got us here tho so kudos to the person who wrote it

ZH721
06-09-2018, 11:56 AM

It’s a winning culture, winning city. Something you’re probably not familiar with, so it makes sense why you don’t know what it means.

Maybe

We know he had a great time this year, outside of his injury. Not just on camera stuff either. By all accounts he really enjoyed playing here.

Dade County
06-09-2018, 12:18 PM
So close every speculation thread? PSD would be a ghost town.

lol

We can speculate on which team we think he might go too, or in are opinion should go too, but when posters start saying stuff like this...
Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.

We are not Kyrie, we shouldn't bash the man if he doesn't want to stay on a particular team. He was traded there. Thats all I'm getting at.

ZH721
06-09-2018, 02:56 PM
lol

We can speculate on which team we think he might go too, or in are opinion should go too, but when posters start saying stuff like this...

We are not Kyrie, we shouldn't bash the man if he doesn't want to stay on a particular team. He was traded there. Thats all I'm getting at.

No one is bashing him lol. I’m just saying there’s no evidence that says he wants to leave, and by all accounts he loves it in Boston. We could make this thread for every player in the NBA.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Kyrie is scared the Celtics won't want him — or will add LeBron.

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Kyrie is scared the Celtics won't want him — or will add LeBron.

My thoughts as well. Keeping options open are the best decision.

Ishkabibble
06-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Same thing as the Knicks/Nets culture.
...'cept for the winning part.

Dade County
06-09-2018, 07:53 PM
No one is bashing him lol. I’m just saying there’s no evidence that says he wants to leave, and by all accounts he loves it in Boston. We could make this thread for every player in the NBA.

True

JasonJohnHorn
06-10-2018, 10:30 AM
If Boston learned anything this post-season, it's that they are good enough to win without Kyrie. And Hayward. That said... they would be better with both, but they would also be better with just Hayward, and if tey could move Kyrie for assets.... and another star... well... why not?

Ainge has taken the 'build assests' approach, and it has helped.... a lot. It's worked in his favour every time, and I don't see him changing that up now.

As the GM, I'd be curious to see what this team could do when healthy: Kyrie/Terry, Hayward, Tatum, Brown/Morris, Horford.... but... it looks like Tatum is something special. Is having Kyrie and Hayward going to impede his growth?

KnickNyKnick
06-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Hell yeh, Lebron to Celtics, Kyrie to the Knicks, contract fillers and boat load of picks to a rebooting Cavs team. 3 way team

But not too many picks from Knicks though :)

AntiG
06-11-2018, 11:41 AM
Hell yeh, Lebron to Celtics, Kyrie to the Knicks, contract fillers and boat load of picks to a rebooting Cavs team. 3 way team

But not too many picks from Knicks though :)

3-way trade
Lebron (opt in), Korver, Porzingis, Noah to Celtics, Hayward, Morris, Nitilikina, Yabusele, Celtics' highest 2019 1st (top 5 protected) to Cavs, Kyrie to Knicks.

- C's get their "compete with GS" core and shed enough contracts to have the cap to re-sign Smart.
- Knicks get a hometown franchise player Kyrie and Noah's terrible contract off of the books.
- Cavs get 3 young first round prospects (one being a draft pick next year), a new franchise player to build around, an expiring tradeable contract.

IndyRealist
06-11-2018, 11:44 AM
It's funny that whenever you can easily tell what team someone roots for, that their trade proposals are always lopsided.

homie564
06-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Nvm misread that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Kyrie to da bucks. WTF he wants to play in NY is lolable.

AntiG
06-11-2018, 02:18 PM

He's a NJ kid. He grew up a HUGE Nets fan and a secondary Celtics fan (his dad played at BU and is a C's fan) and would be thrilled to come home where his family is, so Knicks or Nets he'd be thrilled.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:21 PM
He's a NJ kid. He grew up a HUGE Nets fan and a secondary Celtics fan (his dad played at BU and is a C's fan) and would be thrilled to come home where his family is, so Knicks or Nets he'd be thrilled.

I personally think the Nets are a better fit for him if he wants to win in NY.

AntiG
06-11-2018, 02:30 PM
yeah, but the Knicks are the A squad in NYC in terms of coverage. Nets are the afterthought (even when they got KG and PP from Boston, the Knicks got more play). I doubt Kyrie would care which team to be honest, one he'd get more spotlight, the other he'd play for his favorite team growing up.

I think Kyrie's people are just floating this stuff out there because they are worried that the C's are going to get Lebron and he'll be subjected to that obnoxious "little brother" BS that Lebron does to everyone.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:32 PM
yeah, but the Knicks are the A squad in NYC in terms of coverage. Nets are the afterthought. I doubt Kyrie would care which team to be honest, one he'd get more spotlight, the other he'd play for his favorite team growing up.

I think Kyrie's people are just floating this stuff out there because they are worried that the C's are going to get Lebron and he'll be subjected to that obnoxious "little brother" BS that Lebron does to everyone.

It's nice to play at home and what not. But don;t you think he wants to win titles. not just stick it to Lebron but to the rest of the league. Whether that's boston, or wherever. Do a victory lap in your home city when you're old and washed up after winning some titles!

AntiG
06-11-2018, 02:36 PM
It's nice to play at home and what not. But don;t you think he wants to win titles. not just stick it to Lebron but to the rest of the league. Whether that's boston, or wherever. Do a victory lap in your home city when you're old and washed up after winning some titles!

well if he wants to win titles, he'd stay put where he is and take less than the max. There's no better opportunity to win a title outside of joining the GS ridiculousness than to stay in Boston where they have lots of talented youth plus plenty of ammo to pull off another huge trade. And if Boston got Lebron, then if Kyrie wants to win another title, he'd learn how to put up with Lebron's annoying personality.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:37 PM
well if he wants to win titles, he'd stay put where he is and take less than the max. There's no better opportunity to win a title outside of joining the GS ridiculousness than to stay in Boston where they have lots of talented youth plus plenty of ammo to pull off another huge trade. And if Boston got Lebron, then if Kyrie wants to win another title, he'd learn how to put up with Lebron's annoying personality.

But Lebron's annoying personality is allienating and hard to deal with. He doesn't get along with a lot of coaches or players. And don't tell me it's those around him.

AntiG
06-11-2018, 02:47 PM
absolutely, just like with Jordan and Kobe, a lot of the best players are total asshats behind the scenes, and you have to deal with it because they are the best in world at it. Irving's issue with him seems to be that he knows that he's an elite player and didn't like Lebron talking to him like a sidekick. He probably expects to be treated like Lebron was with Wade. We shall see, IF Lebron ends up going to Boston.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 02:54 PM
absolutely, just like with Jordan and Kobe, a lot of the best players are total asshats behind the scenes, and you have to deal with it because they are the best in world at it. Irving's issue with him seems to be that he knows that he's an elite player and didn't like Lebron talking to him like a sidekick. He probably expects to be treated like Lebron was with Wade. We shall see, IF Lebron ends up going to Boston.

I hate Kobe more than most (because he's a rap..nvm) but I feel like it would be easier to play with Kobe than Bron. Bron is passive aggresive and sends a ton of mixed signals without saying what's on his mind. With kobe, you just look at him and you can tell you ****ed up. Bron is different. Bron be like " nah man. It's cool. Go get em" and after the game he's like: " Can't spell "win" without "I", as in "I, Lebron". "

AntiG
06-11-2018, 03:12 PM
I hate Kobe more than most (because he's a rap..nvm) but I feel like it would be easier to play with Kobe than Bron. Bron is passive aggresive and sends a ton of mixed signals without saying what's on his mind. With kobe, you just look at him and you can tell you ****ed up. Bron is different. Bron be like " nah man. It's cool. Go get em" and after the game he's like: " Can't spell "win" without "I", as in "I, Lebron". "

Oh yeah. Kobe and Jordan were very straight up *******s that would tell it to your face. Lebron wants to pretend he's a nice guy and puts up this fake persona until he loses his top at calls that don't go his way, or JR Smith dribbles out the clock LOL.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah. Kobe and Jordan were very straight up *******s that would tell it to your face. Lebron wants to pretend he's a nice guy and puts up this fake persona until he loses his top at calls that don't go his way, or JR Smith dribbles out the clock LOL.

Right. 99.9 % of other players would rather play with a straight shooter. If you suck or ****ed up, they'd rather get told that.

Playing with Lebron is like being in a friendzone that you can't get out of when she's the hottest girl you've ever seen. You tell her to be straight up with you and then she tells you that she needs time to think about it; over and over.

AntiG
06-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Right. 99.9 % of other players would rather play with a straight shooter. If you suck or ****ed up, they'd rather get told that.

Playing with Lebron is like being in a friendzone that you can't get out of when she's the hottest girl you've ever seen. You tell her to be straight up with you and then she tells you that she needs time to think about it; over and over.

:laugh:

IKnowHoops
06-11-2018, 05:47 PM

But being with her, even though you are the ugliest guy in the class, gets you homecoming king. Make the best of it...you don’t deserve her

Oakmont_4
06-11-2018, 06:21 PM
If Boston learned anything this post-season, it's that they are good enough to win without Kyrie. And Hayward. That said... they would be better with both, but they would also be better with just Hayward, and if tey could move Kyrie for assets.... and another star... well... why not?

As in any case, any player can be had for the right price. And Danny would listen to offers (he's NOT going to shop Kyrie). If someone offers him a top 5 player or 2 top 20ish players on nice contracts...Sure he'd make that deal. But the likelihood of a team offering what Danny wants with Kyrie coming off injury, is highly improbable.

Kyrie isn't going to be traded. It's in both teams best interest to have an honest conversation that a solid season from Kyrie will be mutually beneficial. Boston will offer Kyrie and MAX and Kyrie will stay and take it. This gets derailed if Kyrie is hurt his year...Then Kyrie is losing money and the Celtics will be the ones on shaky ground whether or not to re-sign him.

Ainge has taken the 'build assests' approach, and it has helped.... a lot. It's worked in his favour every time, and I don't see him changing that up now.

He had this approach to acquire stars and high end picks. Now that he has both ... He's not going to turn around and deal them for multiple assets. His approach will absolutely change. In order to acquire stars you need multiple assets and multiple forms and cap flexibility. We now have limited cap flexibility and multiple stars. His approach will revert back to the 2008-2012 years not the 2013-2017 years.

As the GM, I'd be curious to see what this team could do when healthy: Kyrie/Terry, Hayward, Tatum, Brown/Morris, Horford.... but... it looks like Tatum is something special. Is having Kyrie and Hayward going to impede his growth?

Danny will see what this team can do. He'll make minor changes but he's yet to see a complete game with Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford. They will all be here next year. I think ideally Rozier (Kyrie insurance) and Smart (leader by example/locker room guy) will be back. Morris is likely dealt to clear more money for Smart - his minutes are washed up with Hayward and Kyrie returning anyways.

85BearsDefense
06-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Don't no if true, but I wouldn't be shock if he did leave. I stated this back then when Boston traded for him. Kyrie had a list, and Boston wasn't on it.

I think the 4 teams were HEAT, Knicks, Spurs & Wolves.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 08:27 PM
But being with her, even though you are the ugliest guy in the class, gets you homecoming king. Make the best of it...you don’t deserve her
You're a bit off track.. It'd like the popular girl who is a **** to her friends, is super flakey yet always says the right things to not ruin the friendship. That's similar to lebron always getting his players that he wants and coming up short. Eventually it gets old and he had to take responsibility for his (her) actions.

Dade County
06-11-2018, 11:35 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh2:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving doesn't have a no-trade clause, but that hasn't stopped him from reportedly creating a preferred-destination list, one that includes four logical options.
Minnesota Timberwolves. San Antonio Spurs. New York Knicks. Miami Heat. Each team has an appeal that the Cavs don't.
For Irving, who had a sit-down meeting with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert in early July where he discussed his future with the team, this exit strategy has numerous layers.
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/08/assessing_kyrie_irvings_list_o.html

Ishkabibble
06-12-2018, 09:52 PM

A whole buncha other talented PG's, the list is almost endless, would gladly trade their current situations with Kyrie Irving; Lilliard, Wall, Westbrook, pretty much everyone not named "Steph."
World B. Flat is not going anywhere.

KingstonHawke
06-13-2018, 12:37 AM
He won't, but he should be. He's amazing, and he's young. But he get's injured often, and he's really not absolutely needed on this roster, they can win without him, and his value is as high as it's ever going to be.

If the Suns offered Devin Booker, Marquiss Chriss, and Dragen Bender. I'd made that deal today.

Make more sense out of that entire roster. Give Hayward , the Celtics original pick (27), and a future first to the Clippers for their two picks. And then turn around and try to pair KAT with his buddy Booker.

Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, and the two Clippers picks (12 and 13). That's a hard offer to pass up for a disgruntled player no matter how good he is.

Suns get: a legitimate superstar to pair with Ayton and their young wings.
Celtics get: 3 stars still on rookie deals to play with Horford. Plus young bigs with big potential also on rookie deals.
Clippers: they still would suck, but gain a star just for moving back in the draft and taking on money.
Wolves: Brown is an ideal fit next to Butler, and between Wiggins and those picks they could address their post.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2018, 04:29 AM
The celtcis need to win it this year and kyrie needs to be the center point or he is going to new york.

basketfan4life
06-13-2018, 07:58 AM
People who say celtics don't need Kyrie should watch the 4th quarter of the ECF. They need Kyrie to put them over the top.

ZH721
06-13-2018, 08:49 AM
The celtcis need to win it this year and kyrie needs to be the center point or he is going to new york.

Nope. Leaving money on the table to go to a terrible team makes no sense. The only way he’s leaving is if the Celtics don’t max him.

They don’t need to win it all. Everyone knows the Warriors are still the best team. As long as they show improvement as a team and the potential to win it all in the year or two after, they’re fine.

PAOboston
06-13-2018, 09:35 AM
He won't, but he should be. He's amazing, and he's young. But he get's injured often, and he's really not absolutely needed on this roster, they can win without him, and his value is as high as it's ever going to be.

If the Suns offered Devin Booker, Marquiss Chriss, and Dragen Bender. I'd made that deal today.

Make more sense out of that entire roster. Give Hayward , the Celtics original pick (27), and a future first to the Clippers for their two picks. And then turn around and try to pair KAT with his buddy Booker.

Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, and the two Clippers picks (12 and 13). That's a hard offer to pass up for a disgruntled player no matter how good he is.

Suns get: a legitimate superstar to pair with Ayton and their young wings.
Celtics get: 3 stars still on rookie deals to play with Horford. Plus young bigs with big potential also on rookie deals.
Clippers: they still would suck, but gain a star just for moving back in the draft and taking on money.
Wolves: Brown is an ideal fit next to Butler, and between Wiggins and those picks they could address their post.Why on earth would the C's blow up their team that was a game away from the Finals? I don't think the C's have any interest in taking massive steps backwards.

People who say Irving or Hayward aren't really needed because the C's ended up overachiving really didn't watch the team closely. Cs had issues with consistent scoring through out the year and especially in the 4th quarters (just look at the playoffs for example). They desperately could have used Kyrie and Hayward. I think people really have short term memories and forget how good and impactful those 2 guys are.

Vinylman
06-13-2018, 10:01 AM
Why on earth would the C's blow up their team that was a game away from the Finals? I don't think the C's have any interest in taking massive steps backwards.

People who say Irving or Hayward aren't really needed because the C's ended up overachiving really didn't watch the team closely. Cs had issues with consistent scoring through out the year and especially in the 4th quarters (just look at the playoffs for example). They desperately could have used Kyrie and Hayward. I think people really have short term memories and forget how good and impactful those 2 guys are.

they blew it up last summer and made the ECF...

I don't think you blow it up but you definitely have to look at options if people come calling

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-13-2018, 11:44 AM

That ship has sailed. Bucks had Middleton,Brogdon and a first on the table and Gilbert was ready to bite. Then Celtics stepped in with a better offer.

Giannis94
06-13-2018, 11:54 AM
That ship has sailed. Bucks had Middleton,Brogdon and a first on the table and Gilbert was ready to bite. Then Celtics stepped in with a better offer.

I'm very glad that we didn't do that. I love Middleton.

PAOboston
06-13-2018, 01:49 PM
they blew it up last summer and made the ECF...

I don't think you blow it up but you definitely have to look at options if people come callingRight, I get that. You should always look to improve if you can but I don't think Booker or KAT really does anything for them. It's a downgrade from Irving/Hayward for this specific team.

At this point, the only big moves Ainge would consider is for true game changers (think Leonard or Davis etc). Don't think he has any interest in trading for more young players. Cs already have a couple of those guys and have a boatload of high picks coming there way too.

RowBTrice
06-13-2018, 02:24 PM
How is it that every top end guy seems to have the miami heat on their list of preferred teams? LOL. C'mon....nothing great is going on in miami that would draw Kyrie there. stop with that nonsense.

AntiG
06-13-2018, 02:26 PM
How is it that every top end guy seems to have the miami heat on their list of preferred teams? LOL. C'mon....nothing great is going on in miami that would draw Kyrie there. stop with that nonsense.

because its Miami, sun, beach, no state income taxes.

Forever35
06-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Kyrie comes back healthy... Knee cap is fine... He signs the MAX with Boston...

I have no problem Kyrie being 31 to end his MAX DEAL IN Boston...

He's gonna be a 25+ppg player each season who will be an MVP candidate on a 60 win team...

That's why every team with space will line up for him... Too bad Boston has his Larry Bird rights... :D

Dade County
06-13-2018, 04:13 PM

I don't believe Boston will win a title next season. Also Kyrie had 4 teams on his list, why is everyone focused on Ny?

Teams: knicks, HEAT, Spurs & Wolves.

Nope. Leaving money on the table to go to a terrible team makes no sense. The only way he’s leaving is if the Celtics don’t max him.

They don’t need to win it all. Everyone knows the Warriors are still the best team. As long as they show improvement as a team and the potential to win it all in the year or two after, they’re fine.

?

You are not factoring in, what if he doesn't want to be there long term? He might not dislike the organization, but that doesn't mean he would want to be there years on end.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I wrote when Irving got traded to Boston, no one better not throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign, because they were never on his list. If he ends up staying then thats fine, it's his life but if he leaves, NO one better have a negative comment against him just because he doesn't want to stay on a team he was traded too.

:) Hi

It just takes one off season, and Pat can turn Miami to an over night contender. Players know that Pat will get it done, he just needs couple of stars to hop on.

TheDish87
06-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Why on earth would the C's blow up their team that was a game away from the Finals? I don't think the C's have any interest in taking massive steps backwards.

how impactful was Hayward?

TheDish87
06-13-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't believe Boston will win a title next season. Also Kyrie had 4 teams on his list, why is everyone focused on Ny?

?

You are not factoring in, what if he doesn't want to be there long term? He might not dislike the organization, but that doesn't mean he would want to be there years on end.

I wrote when Irving got traded to Boston, no one better not throw hate his way if he doesn't re-sign, because they were never on his list. If he ends up staying then thats fine, it's his life but if he leaves, NO one better have a negative comment against him just because he doesn't want to stay on a team he was traded too.

It just takes one off season, and Pat can turn Miami to an over night contender. Players know that Pat will get it done, he just needs couple of stars to hop on.

lol thats every team in the league

BostonBoy
06-13-2018, 05:10 PM
There’s growing concern here in Boston that this is legitimate. If it is legit, Danny should try to maximize his value. The Wolves are on Kyrie’s list and there have been reports that KAT is unhappy in Minnesota.

Celtics trade Kyrie Irving, #27, 2019 Memphis

Timberwolves trade KAT, Cole Aldrich, Tyus Jones

If Celtics need to add a future first, fine. I think this deal makes sense for both sides if KAT is truly unhappy and Kyrie doesn’t want to sign in Boston and the Wolves are on his list. The money works as well.

Celtics get another young core piece in KAT. If Minnesota is looking to trade KAT, you’re not going to do much better than Irving (unless it’s Kawhi). The rest of the pieces are filler, though that Memphis pick could be nice.

Dade County
06-13-2018, 05:24 PM
There’s growing concern here in Boston that this is legitimate. If it is legit, Danny should try to maximize his value. The Wolves are on Kyrie’s list and there have been reports that KAT is unhappy in Minnesota.

If Celtics need to add a future first, fine. I think this deal makes sense for both sides if KAT is truly unhappy and Kyrie doesn’t want to sign in Boston and the Wolves are on his list. The money works as well.

Celtics get another young core piece in KAT. If Minnesota is looking to trade KAT, you’re not going to do much better than Irving (unless it’s Kawhi). The rest of the pieces are filler, though that Memphis pick could be nice.

Minny would try to get back in the deal a contract that is similar to what they are giving up. So Brown would have to be added along with Kyrie.

But at least someone is actually trying to look at the teams Irving had on his list. Everyone seems to be focused on the Knicks.

warfelg
06-13-2018, 05:27 PM
You going to keep saying that until someone says something like Dragic and Olynyk for Irving or Irving for Whiteside?

I can’t really see much that Boston would be interested in, so it would likely have to be a 3 way deal of a team just looking for respect and has assets or that one guy.

Dade County
06-13-2018, 05:45 PM
You going to keep saying that until someone says something like Dragic and Olynyk for Irving or Irving for Whiteside?

Lmao!

I don't think Pat & Ainge will be communicating any time soon.

I can’t really see much that Boston would be interested in, so it would likely have to be a 3 way deal of a team just looking for respect and has assets or that one guy.

I am sure Wolves & Spurs can work something out if it came down to it.

PAOboston
06-13-2018, 08:16 PM
how impactful was Hayward?Well, not gonna lie, this is a pretty dumb take.

Hayward is like a top 25 player on the league. How would he not have had some sort of impact, especially when Kyrie/Horford were off the floor and the C's were trotting out like 4 rookie bench lineups?

warfelg
06-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Lmao!

I don't think Pat & Ainge will be communicating any time soon.

I am sure Wolves & Spurs can work something out if it came down to it.

Haha sorry a little snarky after the day I had.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2018, 08:29 PM
He should be traded this offseason.

FlashBolt
06-13-2018, 10:00 PM

I don't think Minny needs another guard.

Ishkabibble
06-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Minny would try to get back in the deal a contract that is similar to what they are giving up. So Brown would have to be added along with Kyrie.

But at least someone is actually trying to look at the teams Irving had on his list. Everyone seems to be focused on the Knicks.

LOL.
I'm sure Ainge will step right up and do that.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Nof discounting that he could leave but this seems like speculation and hysteria. He says he has a great and involved restionship with coaching and front office. Apparently him and Hayward are really tight. He had a relationship with Tatum before the Celtics even. On paper he has the best chance to win in Boston out of anywhere else I’ve seen mentioned. He can get a 5th year in Boston that you’d think would be valuable with his injury history. He has family ties to Boston with his dad.

I’m certainly not going to try and get into his head, but it’s not like any of this is even substantiated. None of the writers are even pretending this have inside info on him wanting out. Not discounting that he could leave but as a Celtics fan I don’t feel that nervous that a split would come on his end.

ZH721
06-13-2018, 10:53 PM

Growing concern from who? There’s literally nothing on this that isn’t just the recycled original “report”.

Ainge doesn’t make terrible deals lol.

ZH721
06-13-2018, 10:56 PM

?

There’s just nothing that points to him leaving. Not really sure what else there is to be said.

COULD he leave? Sure, that’s the possibility being a free agent gives you. But, there’s just nothing that makes that seem likely.

More money here, better chance to win, stable coach and front office, young team, winning city, and he enjoys the guys around him.

BKLYNpigeon
06-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Doesn't make sense to sign an early extension now. If Kyrie waits till he's a FA he can sign a max making about 80m more.

plus, if Kyrie waits he can ask for a No Trade Clause. he should definitely get one since Ainge is Ruthless AF.

no loyalty in sports.

PAOboston
06-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Doesn't make sense to sign an early extension now. If Kyrie waits till he's a FA he can sign a max making about 80m more.

plus, if Kyrie waits he can ask for a No Trade Clause. he should definitely get one since Ainge is Ruthless AF.

no loyalty in sports.I think Ainge would rather cut off his nuts than give some one a no trade clause.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2018, 12:10 AM
I think Ainge would rather cut off his nuts than give some one a no trade clause.

If kyrie demands it, I’m sure Ainge would have to do it. Can’t lose kyrie over this.

Dade County
06-14-2018, 01:50 PM
There’s just nothing that points to him leaving. Not really sure what else there is to be said.

COULD he leave? Sure, that’s the possibility being a free agent gives you. But, there’s just nothing that makes that seem likely.

More money here, better chance to win, stable coach and front office, young team, winning city, and he enjoys the guys around him.

Talking heads lol...https://youtu.be/RLqVhI34r4w

We know they make stuff up though for ratings.

warfelg
06-14-2018, 02:02 PM
Talking heads lol...https://youtu.be/RLqVhI34r4w

We know they make stuff up though for ratings.

All I take from that is Rob Parker is as dumb as a doorknob.

BostonBoy
06-14-2018, 06:16 PM

Why not commit to staying with the Celtics? It obviously makes sense for him to not sign an extension from a financial standpoint. He loses out on $80+ mil if he signed an extension instead of hitting free agency. Not saying “I want to be with the Celtics even though I won’t sign a contract extension now” is the concern. There’s no reason he can’t say that. What game is he trying to play? That’s why there’s concern and the National guys like Broussard are now echoing that concern.

ZH721
06-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Why not commit to staying with the Celtics? It obviously makes sense for him to not sign an extension from a financial standpoint. He loses out on $80+ mil if he signed an extension instead of hitting free agency. Not saying “I want to be with the Celtics even though I won’t sign a contract extension now” is the concern. There’s no reason he can’t say that. What game is he trying to play? That’s why there’s concern and the National guys like Broussard are now echoing that concern.

When do pending free-agents ever say that? Usually they’ll jump around the question.

He’s not trying to play a game, he just doesn’t have a reason to say he’s signing back when he still has a full year left. He also doesn’t want to come across as being open to a team-discount.

bagwell368
06-14-2018, 07:56 PM
DA won't give him a NT, but probably a 5-10% bump if dealt unless KI cancels it because he wants the deal. KI when healthy is very special but Max + 10% is basically a no go for any team.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Kyrie Holds all the cards. Celtics will have to wait till he's a FA to resign him. Im sure this scares the hell out of the Celtics.

FlashBolt
06-14-2018, 09:59 PM
People don't realize that these media folks who have zero connections to athletes don't really have any "news" and are just TV personalities. Skip Bayless, love or hate the dude, is employed to draw viewers and nothing else. You can tell most of them don't even believe half the stuff they say but because they need to draw headlines for the day, they'll do and say anything. Some of them have pull (like Stephen A.) but it's very rare that most do.

BostonBoy
06-15-2018, 12:05 AM
When do pending free-agents ever say that? Usually they’ll jump around the question.

He’s not trying to play a game, he just doesn’t have a reason to say he’s signing back when he still has a full year left. He also doesn’t want to come across as being open to a team-discount.

Kevin Durant is a free agent and committed to the Warriors. LeBron is a free agent and hasn’t said anything because he’s likely to leave Cleveland.

Plenty of players commit unless they’re serious about leaving.

FlashBolt
06-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Kevin Durant is a free agent and committed to the Warriors. LeBron is a free agent and hasn’t said anything because he’s likely to leave Cleveland.

This is a prime example of Kyrie learning his lesson. He resigned with Cleveland years ago as the "man" of Cleveland and then LeBron comes in and takes over. Kyrie doesn't want that to happen so he's waiting to see what the rest do.

ZH721
06-15-2018, 02:55 PM

No, they really don’t. KD coming off back-to-back championships on a super team is a bad example.

Scoots
06-15-2018, 07:06 PM

He learned from LeBron. What they don't know can't hurt you and it keeps them anxious and guessing what they can do to please you.

BostonBoy
06-15-2018, 10:27 PM
He learned from LeBron. What they don't know can't hurt you and it keeps them anxious and guessing what they can do to please you.

It could also backfire for him. If I’m the GM, if I don’t have a commitment from you and you’re in the last year of your deal, I’m definitely exploring what I could get if I traded you...

nastynice
06-16-2018, 12:42 AM
Why is this even news? Seriously..

Everyone wants him to take a paycut to play in Boston? That doesn't even make sense...

nastynice
06-16-2018, 12:46 AM
It could also backfire for him. If I’m the GM, if I don’t have a commitment from you and you’re in the last year of your deal, I’m definitely exploring what I could get if I traded you...

Even if he DID have a commitment ainge would still explore trading him. There's no reason for kyrie to play please the owner, hes honoring his contract and has been very happy playing for Boston, what else does ainge need from him?

No player is gonna forget the way IT got dealt, kyrie owes nothing above honoring his signed contract

PAOboston
06-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Listened to the Bill Simmons Podcast w/Irving. He does not sound like someone who is unhappy in Boston the way he was gushing about his team/teammates. I think this is much adoo about nothing.

Jamiecballer
06-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Listened to the Bill Simmons Podcast w/Irving. He does not sound like someone who is unhappy in Boston the way he was gushing about his team/teammates. I think this is much adoo about nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalkhe chose not to support his teammates in game 7. he's gone dude. just like how kawhi's actions/inactions spoke volumes I think the same will be true here

Heediot
06-16-2018, 03:09 PM
he chose not to support his teammates in game 7. he's gone dude. just like how kawhi's actions/inactions spoke volumes I think the same will be true here

my gut tells me he's happy in Boston. He looks like he has good rapport and relationships with his mates, and he lights up talking about Hayward.

PAOboston
06-16-2018, 03:24 PM
he chose not to support his teammates in game 7. he's gone dude. just like how kawhi's actions/inactions spoke volumes I think the same will be true here

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkYou got some secret sauces for that top secret info? He was at like every other playoff game.

ZH721
06-17-2018, 04:23 PM

He had surgery and couldn’t fly...

Jamiecballer
06-17-2018, 04:55 PM
He had surgery and couldn’t fly...that's true. he opted for surgery.

surgery today or be with my team for game 7 for the nba finals?

that's a pretty easy choice for most teammates imo

BKLYNpigeon
06-17-2018, 04:59 PM
He had surgery and couldn’t fly...

it was a lame excuse. Corrective nasal surgery takes 2 hours to complete and 3-5 days to recover. its not a serious procedure and not life threatening at all. My GF had it done and I think she put it off a few times.

PAOboston
06-17-2018, 05:03 PM
that's true. he opted for surgery.

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkFrom the BS Podcast last week:

Kyrie Irving: [Sitting out the playoffs and watching Boston make a run] sucked, man. It sucked. I can’t even sugarcoat it, it was tough. Not from watching the guys, but of what I was dealing with outside of that. I was leaving the games at halftime because I had eight-hour shifts of antibiotics I had to take for my infection.*I had a PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) in my arm for two months and I’m just like, every day is like, I can’t lift, I can’t run, I can’t do anything. If I didn’t have my PICC line in for my infection, I would have definitely gone after trying to be ready for at least the Eastern Conference Finals.*” Bill Simmons: “Really?” Irving: “Yeah, for sure.”

Vee-Rex
06-17-2018, 05:34 PM
#hegone

ZH721
06-17-2018, 10:33 PM
that's true. he opted for surgery.

Eastern Conference Finals***

He was an amazing teammate all year. And if he holds off the surgery and the Celtics would’ve won, we’d hear more ******** about him missing games in the finals. Some people just like to complain for no reason. :shrug:

it was a lame excuse. Corrective nasal surgery takes 2 hours to complete and 3-5 days to recover. its not a serious procedure and not life threatening at all. My GF had it done and I think she put it off a few times.

As the quote below your post shows, you’re completely misinformed.

He showed up to a potential series winning game 6, but just decided not to for game 7 for no reason? Right. :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
06-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Eastern Conference Finals***

He was an amazing teammate all year. And if he holds off the surgery and the Celtics would’ve won, we’d hear more ******** about him missing games in the finals. Some people just like to complain for no reason. :shrug:

As the quote below your post shows, you’re completely misinformed.

He showed up to a potential series winning game 6, but just decided not to for game 7 for no reason? Right. :laugh2:was he going to play in the finals if they made it?

ZH721
06-18-2018, 02:08 PM
was he going to play in the finals if they made it?

No... he was going to watch from the bench. I can already see guys like you complaining if he wasn’t on the bench for a finals game or two. Either way he’d be at fault according to you. So what’s the point?

Jamiecballer
06-18-2018, 02:14 PM
No... he was going to watch from the bench. I can already see guys like you complaining if he wasn’t on the bench for a finals game or two. Either way he’d be at fault according to you. So what’s the point?

well first, i'm not complaining. it doesn't affect me. i'm questioning his commitment to the club, or his guts - if you believe it was more about not wanting to be there when Lebron beat him. i'm inclined to vote that it is the latter, that his ego just couldn't handle the thought of being there when the buzzer sounded if they lost to Lebron, hence he was at game 6 as you pointed out.

i expected your answer to be that he wasn't going to be playing in the finals, but wanted to make sure. because if that is the case then your point doesn't make a damn bit of sense. why would he miss the finals? if he waits 2 weeks max he doesn't miss ANY games.

ZH721
06-18-2018, 07:23 PM
well first, i'm not complaining. it doesn't affect me. i'm questioning his commitment to the club, or his guts - if you believe it was more about not wanting to be there when Lebron beat him. i'm inclined to vote that it is the latter, that his ego just couldn't handle the thought of being there when the buzzer sounded if they lost to Lebron, hence he was at game 6 as you pointed out.

i expected your answer to be that he wasn't going to be playing in the finals, but wanted to make sure. because if that is the case then your point doesn't make a damn bit of sense. why would he miss the finals? if he waits 2 weeks max he doesn't miss ANY games.

Then it’s another two weeks of uncomfort.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2018, 08:23 PM
Then it’s another two weeks of uncomfort.weren't there several days between the end of the conference finals and start of the finals?

I don't know, it feels a little like forgetting to brush your teeth before work and then after work missing your child's school play because you couldn't wait to brush your teeth.

PAOboston
06-18-2018, 08:30 PM
weren't there several days between the end of the conference finals and start of the finals?

I don't know, it feels a little like forgetting to brush your teeth before work and then after work missing your child's school play because you couldn't wait to brush your teeth.

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkDoes it really matter if he came or not if he was leaving before half time to get get antibiotic treatment? I mean, I think fans make a big deal out of this stuff as opposed to his teammates.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Does it really matter if he came or not if he was leaving before half time to get get antibiotic treatment? I mean, I think fans make a big deal out of this stuff as opposed to his teammates.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalkhey, I'm not suggesting his teammates made a big deal out of it.