PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs 1st Round (Red Ribbon Army v Cool Kids)

valade16
06-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Red Ribbon Army - Homecourt Advantage

C: Hakeem Olajuwon (80-99) / Andrew Bogut (00-18)
PF: Willis Reed (60-79) / Jamaal Wilkes (60-79)
SF: Andre Igoudala (00-18) / Gordon Hayward (00-18)
SG: Manu Ginobili (00-18) / Marques Johnson (80-99)
PG: Isiah Thomas(80-99) / Danny Ainge (80-99)

v

Cool Kids

PG: Tim Hardaway/Bob Cousy
SG: Brandon Roy/Michael Finley
SF: Kevin Durant/Raja Bell
PF: Kevin McHale/Kiki Vandeweghe
C: Nate Thurmond/Yao Ming

killthesux
06-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Good Luck, LG

I will post an argument some other time, a bit busy right now

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2018, 10:51 PM
That's garbage Raps, let them get up a write-up before voting! I don't mind anyone voting for whoever but all of us put weeks into these match-ups, to vote before you hear at least some of their argument is boo boo :p

Lakers + Giants
06-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Good Luck, LG

I will post an argument some other time, a bit busy right now

Good luck KTS :cheers:

I'll do the same. I'll makes some posts tomorrow.

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2018, 11:58 PM
I think in these ATRD games, you gotta have a top 10 all-time great player.

GREATNESS ONE
06-07-2018, 11:59 PM
I see 0 on KTS team but 1 on LG's.

mngopher35
06-08-2018, 03:47 PM
This is a pretty good matchup too. I lean a little LG but will definitely wait for a write ups

Rivera
06-08-2018, 04:19 PM
dang i really like both of these teams, i think red ribbon army has a slight advantage, but it wouldnt be by much. right now im leaning that way, but i will wait for write ups

Lakers + Giants
06-08-2018, 05:57 PM
First off I want to point out that the best player in this series is on my team, Hakeem Olajuwon. He'll be going up against a great defender in Nate Thurmond but Thurmond never faced a center as agile and gifted as Hakeem. Also, Hakeem is a monster on the defensive end as well and would make Thurmond's 42% FG look even worse.

As for the power forward matchup, I acknowledge that McHale had the better career, I'm not going to bs and dispute that. Reed would more than hold his own though. McHale's physicality wouldn't affect Reed's game because Reed loved playing physical as well. It's what made him versatile and allowed him to succeed as both a PF and a C. This matchup will be fun.

I acknowledge KD is our biggest Issue, Luckily, I got Andre Iguodala. He's proven he can play the role of guarding the opposing team's biggest threat. I'm not going to say he's going to shut down KD because honestly, doing that 1v1 is impossible. He's definitely going to struggle to get his though, Iggy will be all over him on the perimeter and Reed and Hakeem can interchangeably protect the paint. If KD is going to be shooting mid range shots and 3 pointers to save KTS' team then that's good for us. I trust Iggy to defend KD like how he did against Lebron in the 2015 NBA Finals that saw Iggy win the FMVP because of his defensive presence vs the opposing team's biggest threat.

Another fun matchup this time at Shooting Guard. Manu is what Brandon Roy aspired to be. Manu is a great on both ends and franky, superior to Roy. In Manu's prime, a span of 487 games, Manu has a 59.7 TS%, while shooting 37.5% from three on 4.5 attempts per game. Manu's WS/48 .224 while Roy's is at .181 in his prime. Manu was clearly the more dominant player while doing it for a longer period of time. Also, Manu has proven he can take a back seat to and still perform while Brandon Roy was known as the #1 player on his team. How will he respond to both KD and inefficient Thurmond both shooting 20x per game?

Lastly, the point guard matchup. I know advance stats aren't too kind on IT. fortunately for me, his numbers improved in the playoffs and it shows. While IT's not known as being efficient because he lacked a three point shot, Hardaway isn't much better. Especially come playoff time.

In the playoffs, numbers show IT's performance improves, while Hardaway shrinks when the spotlight hits him.
In the playoff Hardaway's TS% is equal to ITs. Hardaway 52.9 TS% and IT 52.3TS%. WS/48 Isiah crushes Hardaway. IT WS/48 is .149 while Hardaway WS/48 is .111. Aside from Hardaway being a better three point shooter. IT hold the advantages everywhere else. Higher FG%, better passer, better defender and didn't shrink in big games. He's a proven winner and leader, backed up by his finals MVP.

Lakers + Giants
06-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Overall, my team is built on proven winners that can all create plays for others and have issues with others getting more shots. My team is built around stars that have proven they can win on the biggest stage. Hakeem holds 2 Finals MVP, Reed holds 2 Finals MVP, Iggy holds a final MVP for being able to hold his own vs Lebron, and Isiah Thomas holds a final MVP as well. My only starter without a Finals MVP has 4 NBA championships while being unselfish enough to play whatever role was necessary to win it all, and being great at it.

As for my bench, Andrew Bogut played a pivotal role in that 2015 Warriors championship team. His passing and defensive presence can play a big role in this series whenever he's needed.

Jamaal Wilkes, another NBA champion capable of playing great defense. 2x All defensive team appearances. 4x NBA champion who shot 50% for his career while scoring 18 ppg. He can be brought off the bench to guard an opposing PF or SF while being more than capable of taking over offensively for a short spurt as well.

Gordon Hayward, while he lacks individual/team accolades compared to the rest of my team, he's an all around talent. He adds spacing and there's no weakness to his game. While he might not be great at any one thing, he's good all around. Capable of scoring, shooting, defending, rebounding and passing. Backed up by his three year prime of: ( 229 games) 20.3 Ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4 apg, 37% from three on 5 attempts per game. Just a talented player overall that can find a way to contribute on any team.

Danny Ainge. The perfect backup to IT. Can come off the bench and add an outside threat. 38% career three-point shooter. 39.4% from three on 4 attempts in his prime. ANOTHER player with championship experience, 2x NBA champion and is a solid playmaker as well.

killthesux
06-08-2018, 10:17 PM
As much as I would love to createe a write up I unfortunately do not have the time, However the voting chips lie then so be it

KnicksorBust
06-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Who has the edge at SG?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-09-2018, 10:46 PM
That's garbage Raps, let them get up a write-up before voting! I don't mind anyone voting for whoever but all of us put weeks into these match-ups, to vote before you hear at least some of their argument is boo boo :p

Why would I need to?

I have an opinion and those guys aren't going to change it. The idea of waiting for writeups before voting is overrated and hurts these games more. We already have GMs to intentionally don't vote or pretend to forget. And the guys in the PSD forum don't give a crap about reading anything.

Redrum187
06-10-2018, 02:08 AM
Write-up or no write-up, LG's team wins this.

dhopisthename
06-10-2018, 12:27 PM
man I love kts team till the Guards. I think both are borderline starters which isn't great when the other team has isiah Thomas

valade16
06-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Red Ribbon Army wins.