PDA

View Full Version : Currys awful defense.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Does his average offensive numbers negate how bad heís on defense?

He only forced 8 TOs against Harden and held him to ~35% shooting. Clearly Houston targeting him worked very well, why did they stop in game 6? The 4 steals and 4 blocks in game 6 &7 weíre a fluke.

Lebron also continues to abuse him as well. In the last 4 finals, heís 6-26 (19%) against the small guard. No wonder he stares him down after a block. Pure domination.

Lebrons OT performance should also be applauded. Jordan has nothing on Bron in OT.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Someone here can't handle the fact that Curry ain't better than LeBron.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Someone here can't handle the fact that Curry ain't better than LeBron.

Weíre talking about currys underwhelming defense.

I think someone else is mad how Steph embarrassed and ruined OKC in the conference finals a couple years ago.

BKLYNpigeon
06-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Curry is undersized, hes definitely not a great defender, but he tries and puts in his max effort.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:34 PM
So embarrassed that you guys had to call KD to beat LeBron. Lol. We shouldn't have even be up 3-1 vs the Warriors. Blame it on your players playing like doodoo. And your team should not have lost to the Cavs but again, your team poopoo'd the bed. 6-26 vs Curry? Lol. You're absolutely hilarious if you think your made up stat helps your case. LeBron begs for that matchup every time. You actually think Kerr tells Curry, "You're doing a great job defending Lebron. He's 6-26 when you're guarding him. Go guard LeBron"? Is that how your brain works?

IndyRealist
06-01-2018, 03:41 PM
I'd actually really love a citation for those numbers.

Vee-Rex
06-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Curry is undersized

He's like 6''3 and 190 pounds lol. That's not undersized for a point guard.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Curry is undersized, hes definitely not a great defender, but he tries and puts in his max effort.

LeBron is not 6-26 when Curry is gurading him. Not a chance. I don't know where he's pulling that stat from but it just does not seem right at all. Cavs constantly look for that switch and Curry almost always gets backed down to the rim trying to draw a charge or by using his speed to steal the ball. Plus, he's not undersized at all. We've just never seen a player his size be this good so we compare him to Kobe, MJ, LeBron, etc., but Beverley is smaller than Curry and he's an All-NBA defender.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 03:46 PM
When did I advocate Curry guard Bron? Thats 2 different positions, neither guards one another. Made up stats? Lol ok.

Curry is trashed defensively, some even have him in Hardens category. The stats Iím providing back that up.

Your making his personal. I know that buzzer beater still gives you nightmares but calm down man.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:47 PM
When did I advocate Curry guard Bron? Thats 2 different positions, neither guards one another. Made up stats? Lol ok.

Curry is trashed defensively, some even have him in Hardens category. The stats Iím providing back that up.

Your making his personal. I know that buzzer beater still gives you nightmares but calm down man.

Provide your 6-26 source or stop looking for attention with silly threads trying to make it seem as if Curry can stop LeBron. And you're not advocating it but you're implying Curry CAN guard LeBron better than anyone in NBA because LeBron is 6-26 when Curry guards him. So what are you trying to say by providing that stat? Can Curry guard Bron or not? Because your 6-26 stat shows that you think he can.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 03:48 PM
I'd actually really love a citation for those numbers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MayoHighlights/status/1002438141519843328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldenstateofmind.com%2F 2018%2F6%2F1%2F17417340%2F2018-nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers-stephen-curry-lebron-james-kevin-durant-draymond-green

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:49 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MayoHighlights/status/1002438141519843328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldenstateofmind.com%2F 2018%2F6%2F1%2F17417340%2F2018-nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers-stephen-curry-lebron-james-kevin-durant-draymond-green

How is that evidence? That's a clearly GSW Twitter page that has crap like "Steph is the best player." LMAO, you are a joke. obvious troll.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:50 PM
"Mayo Highlights
@MayoHighlights

May 21
Crazy how itís already Stephís 4th straight year as the best player in the league. Time flies."

This is his source, guys. Some guy who thinks Steph has been the best player for four straight years in the league. Definitely not an unbiased guy who has no sources.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
ESPN Stats info is GSW Twitter? Ok.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dheZHuPSAo

BANG!! Lol

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 03:55 PM

BANG!! Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo

I don't see a single tweet from ESPNStatsInfo regarding that. It's so obvious that the twitter user likely manipulated the words to make it seem authentic by adding the @. Lmao, you are so gullible and sad that you follow a GSW twitter handle to make yourself feel better.

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Are we seriously arguing Curry's defense against LeBron? lmao 😂 /thread

IndyRealist
06-01-2018, 04:24 PM

BANG!! Lol

Don't believe what you read just because it tells you what you want to hear. ESPN Stats&Info never posted a tweet saying that, that I can find.

WaDe03
06-01-2018, 04:29 PM
The team defenses collapsed on LeBron every time Curry was switched on to him

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 04:54 PM
This thread was started to combat the stereo type of how awful Curry is on the defensive end or even a liability when heís on the floor. Of course lebron Stanís would turn this into a comparison thread. Obviously LeBron is the better player defensively and a much more rounded player all together. Point being, that Curry has not only held his own defensively in the post season but excelled.

Defensive stats will always be subjective 1 vs 1 because it doesnít factor outside help which he has a lot of(elite help at that).

Just playing devils advocate to the people in this forum describing Curry constantly getting abused defensively when stats point otherwise.

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 04:58 PM
This thread was started to combat the stereo type of how awful Curry is on the defensive end or even a liability when heís on the floor. Of course lebron Stanís would turn this into a comparison thread. Obviously LeBron is the better player defensively and a much more rounded player all together. Point being, that Curry has not only held his own defensively in the post season but excelled.

Defensive stats will always be subjective 1 vs 1 because it doesnít factor outside help which he has a lot of(elite help at that).

Just playing devils advocate to the people in this forum describing Curry constantly getting abused defensively when stats point otherwise.

You used a 6-26 statline to describe Curry's defense on LeBron. When asked for evidence, you quote a twitter handle that seems to be heavily favored towards GSW and Curry in particular. Your evidence is that they are quoting @ESPNSTATS when ESPNSTATS does not have that game 6-26 stat. Can you just admit you jumped the gun there? Curry's defense is awful but his team makes up for a lot of his gaps so it's perceived to be better. Many teams take up on switching to get Curry on them. Ask Kyrie Irving. Cavs wanted Kyrie to score on Curry. Teams pick on Curry enough offensively to where it's proof he's weak on defense. And when you get called out for it, you proceed to show a video of Curry making a three over OKC - which has nothing to do with this thread at all. So what is your case? We all know he's bad at defense so you trying to convince us at this point is nonsense.

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 05:02 PM
I watched Curry defend against Houston. He sucked. /thread

As much trash as Warriors fans talk, I hope you guys are ready for the day when the Warriors aren't dominant anymore. I can assure you the rest of us will be. But I guess most of you guys will just transition back to being Lakers fans again or go hide in whatever holes you crawled out of 4-5 years ago.

IndyRealist
06-01-2018, 05:03 PM

This thread was created based on fake news. Vet your sources.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 05:19 PM

As much trash as Warriors fans talk, I hope you guys are ready for the day when the Warriors aren't dominant anymore. I can assure you the rest of us will be. But I guess most of you guys will just transition back to being Lakers fans again or go hide in whatever holes you crawled out of 4-5 years ago.

Haha your tears taste delicious. Donít hold your breath. When that dominance finally ends, a hand full of rings will suffice.

If you donít think Curry limited Harden most of that series, then I guess agree to disagree.

TrueFan420
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Curry isn't a great defender but he isn't a bad one either. He's got great hands and comes up with a lot of good steals within the defense not ball hawking like AI use to. He puts the effort in there.

You know the funny thing is our forum was way way more active when we were bad. I guess people just like to play GM in the end which I get and enjoy myself.

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Haha your tears taste delicious. Donít hold your breath. When that dominance finally ends, a hand full of rings will suffice.

If you donít think Curry limited Harden most of that series, then I guess agree to disagree.

Who are you? You must not frequent the regular NBA forum much, but I suppose that's for good reason. Your takes are.... not great.

giantspwn
06-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Who are you? You must not frequent the regular NBA forum much, but I suppose that's for good reason. Your takes are.... not great.

I thought you knew who I was, you already generalized me in your combative post.

Seems like you enjoy Warriors basketball tho, must be exciting time to watch basketball. Time to be toxic!

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 05:56 PM
I thought you knew who I was, you already generalized me in your combative post.

Seems like you enjoy Warriors basketball tho, must be exciting time to watch basketball. Time to be toxic!

But I don't enjoy Warriors basket..... Oh I see what you did there! You're clever!

:eyebrow:

Jeffy25
06-01-2018, 05:57 PM

haha, that's way too funny

even if he was 6 for 26, that isn't 19%. That would be 23%

Jeffy25
06-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Don't believe what you read just because it tells you what you want to hear. ESPN Stats&Info never posted a tweet saying that, that I can find.

And it even has the percentage wrong :lmao:

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 06:14 PM
haha, that's way too funny

even if he was 6 for 26, that isn't 19%. That would be 23%

Lmao, that's hilarious. They tried to create a fake stat and can't even whip out a calculator to check the %. I love how the dude just starts ranting with MBT and ignores his fake evidence that was debunked.

nastynice
06-01-2018, 06:48 PM
He's good enough defensively that what he bring s offensively easily outweighs it. He's actually pretty smart defensively, good at positioning his body and reading passes, also good at flushing drivers toward the help defender

More-Than-Most
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: everytime curry was on lebron on the perimeter as soon as lebron even attempted to drive 2 other guys would collapse on him... My god this was a terrible article and horribly wrong on so many levels.

More-Than-Most
He's good enough defensively that what he bring s offensively easily outweighs it. He's actually pretty smart defensively, good at positioning his body and reading passes, also good at flushing drivers toward the help defender

its not hard to play defense when you can play 5 feet off of every guy and are normally guarding the worst player on the floor because you have iggy/durant/green/klay 4 of the best defenders in basketball covering your ***.

nastynice
06-01-2018, 06:50 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: everytime curry was on lebron on the perimeter as soon as lebron even attempted to drive 2 other guys would collapse on him... My god this was a terrible article and horribly wrong on so many levels.

That's smart defense. Makes no sense to leave curry on an island against someone that big. That's like clowning lebron for not being able guard shaq

Curry def has the mental make up needed to guard bigger guys, so at least he has that. Can only go so far tho, but long as it has him thinking pass on a game winning possession its good enough

goingfor28
06-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Wow. What a great thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Lol. Basic level of defense and human instincts are being used as why Curry is a good defender. "He's smart enough to do this or that." oh shut up. He's bad at defense. Teams manipulate switches to catch him.

ChrisDudley
06-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Curry did especially well on LeBron considering he has to contend with a 280 pound man stiff arming him on every drive.

Curry has been well above average defensively in the playoffs.

At 180 pounds, it's difficult to maintain your balance while much bigger players are running into you, but he never lacks effort.

ChrisDudley
06-01-2018, 07:05 PM
You know that everyone can see that you created this dupe account today, right Kevin?

I don't know who Kevin is, so I don't care about your paranoia. You can ask a mod to run my IP if it'll help you in some manner.

Ad hominems aren't changing the facts.

IndyRealist
06-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Curry did especially well on LeBron considering he has to contend with a 280 pound man stiff arming him on every drive.

Curry has been well above average defensively in the playoffs.

At 180 pounds, it's difficult to maintain your balance while much bigger players are running into you, but he never lacks effort.

You know that everyone can see that you created this dupe account today, right Kevin?

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 07:11 PM
That's smart defense. Makes no sense to leave curry on an island against someone that big. That's like clowning lebron for not being able guard shaq

Curry def has the mental make up needed to guard bigger guys, so at least he has that. Can only go so far tho, but long as it has him thinking pass on a game winning possession its good enough

the team putting him in a smart position with no chance of failing doesnt make him a smart defender... Do you see the difference?

ChrisDudley
This is incredibly sad. Just stop.

You're pathetic, dude.

There's a lot of us out there with a high basketball IQ; we choose not to fall for marketing scams.

IndyRealist
I don't know who Kevin is, so I don't care about your paranoia. You can ask a mod to run my IP if it'll help you in some manner.

Ad hominems aren't changing the facts.

This is incredibly sad. Just stop.

nastynice
06-01-2018, 07:21 PM
the team putting him in a smart position with no chance of failing doesnt make him a smart defender... Do you see the difference?

Oh he can fail. Have you never seen harden play defense? THATs a fail,no matter who's playing defense with you. When his guy gets by him, he can go left, right, straight, wherever.. You see the difference?

nastynice
06-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Lol. Basic level of defense and human instincts are being used as why Curry is a good defender. "He's smart enough to do this or that." oh shut up. He's bad at defense. Teams manipulate switches to catch him.

LeBron caught him with 8 seconds left and thought pass the whole time. lmao, that's the type a **** I love :nod:

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 07:30 PM
LeBron caught him with 8 seconds left and thought pass the whole time. lmao, that's the type a **** I love :nod:

back to ignore.

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Oh he can fail. Have you never seen harden play defense? THATs a fail,no matter who's playing defense with you. When his guy gets by him, he can go left, right, straight, wherever.. You see the difference?

yea... I cant disagree with this. There are def worse defenders than Curry... Kyrie/IT/Harden to name a few.

tredigs
06-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Ayyy, he's back! Thought your self-imposed hiatus would last longer, but great to see ya. Let's just say that Curry V Harden trick by Houston was a massacre. Harden was both VERY limited in his success and clearly gassed as the minutes/games wore on, while Curry dominated him on the other end despite being the head-hunter of said ISO. Huge reason for the Warriors success in 2nd halves + the series. Don't be mad the MVP got annihilated. At least Harden can claim the same over Westbrook last year.

nastynice
06-01-2018, 08:00 PM
yea... I cant disagree with this. There are def worse defenders than Curry... Kyrie/IT/Harden to name a few.

Even on his last layup of regulation, dunno who was on him, but curry beats him left (meaning defender is on his right), love steps up kinda from the left, yet curry is able to finish with his right. Curry don't let that happen, he makes sure the ball handler either goes against the contest or dishes it

I'm not saying he an all world defender, but he uses his head to maximize what his body can do

Chronz
06-01-2018, 08:07 PM

Luuuull you'll get banned for such savagery

tredigs
06-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Luuuull you'll get banned for such savagery

The puppies can bark all they want. He's in mourning.

Chronz
06-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Houston will add Melo to put them over the top next year

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 08:25 PM
MBT always owns tredigs. I almost feel bad for MBT because he might go to jail one day for murder by verbal homicide.

tredigs
06-01-2018, 08:51 PM
MBT always owns tredigs. I almost feel bad for MBT because he might go to jail one day for murder by verbal homicide.

Funny timing considering he was just owned and nothing he said pertained to me in the least (considering I'm a known Dubs fans on here from the outset). Sorry for the collateral clown of Westbrook homie. I promise no contender wants to swoop that one, so you're safe.

tredigs
06-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Houston will add Melo to put them over the top next year
Would fall in the footsteps of the internets most hated players joining them, so I don't rule it out. Might be prime for a KD signing actually.

JAZZNC
06-02-2018, 12:09 AM
Ayyy, he's back! Thought your self-imposed hiatus would last longer, but great to see ya. Let's just say that Curry V Harden trick by Houston was a massacre. Harden was both VERY limited in his success and clearly gassed as the minutes/games wore on, while Curry dominated him on the other end despite being the head-hunter of said ISO. Huge reason for the Warriors success in 2nd halves + the series. Don't be mad the MVP got annihilated. At least Harden can claim the same over Westbrook last year.

#owned

As much as he bashes Malone for choking in the playoffs I'm wondering when he's finally going to put Harden in that same category? He's certainly **** his pants enough times that it's past the point of being arguable and is one of this generation's biggest playoff uncerachievers. I know he never will since he's a gigantic homer (like 99.9% of people here)

Jamiecballer
06-02-2018, 12:14 AM
"Mayo Highlights
@MayoHighlights

May 21
Crazy how itís already Stephís 4th straight year as the best player in the league. Time flies."

This is his source, guys. Some guy who thinks Steph has been the best player for four straight years in the league. Definitely not an unbiased guy who has no sources.he probably meant to say "likely the best PG in the western conference" and had a typo

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

CHANGO
06-02-2018, 01:32 AM
This is a troll thread but let's put some sense in here. Curry is def a below average defender at best, he tries hard but that's about it. The Finals they blew a 3-1 lead Cavs just abused him and forced him to guard whoever had the ball with switches, that's how they won mainly because of Curry's bad defense. It was so bad that the Warriors were much better defensively and in net rating with Livingston instead of Curry.

You are obviously a homer if you deny that defense is not his strongsuit. LOL...

basketfan4life
06-02-2018, 07:34 AM
First of all, let me get this straight, LBJ is the best player in the world, and i think at this point he is as good as MJ.

But some posters here are really dumb and annoying. You don't have to bash Curry, Green or Durant constantly to make a point. curry sucks at that, Durant sucks at this, Green sucks at that. If they really suck this much, lebron should win the series.

And same people then says GSW is the greatest team ever, they cheated on the league and bla bla bla.

St least have a little consistency on your own logic man.

Chronz
06-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Even on his last layup of regulation, dunno who was on him, but curry beats him left (meaning defender is on his right), love steps up kinda from the left, yet curry is able to finish with his right. Curry don't let that happen, he makes sure the ball handler either goes against the contest or dishes it

I'm not saying he an all world defender, but he uses his head to maximize what his body can do

So if Harden were running point for yall instead of Curry, does Harden look like a worse or better defender? Does your team defense even notice the difference?

Chronz
06-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Yeah guys, be consistent.

nastynice
06-02-2018, 12:16 PM
So if Harden were running point for yall instead of Curry, does Harden look like a worse or better defender? Does your team defense even notice the difference?

Worse and yes. Did you not read anything I just said?

Chronz
06-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Worse and yes. Did you not read anything I just said?

Just making sure. So hes a better post defender and yall switch alot, considering teams try to exploit Curry's lack of size and strength, would it be fair to say Harden improves you guys on that end. Hes also a better rebounder. Is Curry that much better that the team really feels the difference?

nastynice
06-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Just making sure. So hes a better post defender and yall switch alot, considering teams try to exploit Curry's lack of size and strength, would it be fair to say Harden improves you guys on that end. Hes also a better rebounder. Is Curry that much better that the team really feels the difference?

I don't get what any of this means, but yes, curry is a better defender and his iq is good enough that he knows how to use his help. That's not a given for every player, as was said earlier by you or someone else. I gave you an example of how it isn't. So no, it isn't fair to say harden improves us at that end. Bro your hate is clouding your mind

And Curry is actually a very good rebounding guard. He grabs boards in the paint over bigs pretty regularly. For the love of God don't come back at me with stats

Jamiecballer
06-02-2018, 01:00 PM
And Curry is actually a very good rebounding guard. He grabs boards in the paint over bigs pretty regularly. For the love of God don't come back at me with stats

why not. don't they support your opinion?

nastynice
06-02-2018, 01:06 PM
why not. don't they support your opinion?

They might. I have no clue. What I KNOW is Curry regularly grabs boards in the paint. I know because I watch him do it all the time. He regularly boxes out centers and power forwards, 1, 2, 3 times a game I'll see it. Him grabbing a Rebound he has no business getting.

Not saying that makes him Dennis Rodman. But I don't see how someone could knock the guys rebounding

IndyRealist
06-02-2018, 01:45 PM
They might. I have no clue. What I KNOW is Curry regularly grabs boards in the paint. I know because I watch him do it all the time. He regularly boxes out centers and power forwards, 1, 2, 3 times a game I'll see it. Him grabbing a Rebound he has no business getting.

Not saying that makes him Dennis Rodman. But I don't see how someone could knock the guys rebounding

I mean, it's easily quantifiable. There's no reason to be obtuse when the numbers are right in front of you. You can talk about "I know this" and "I saw that" but it's not really proof, is it?

Player
OR/36
DR/36

Harden

Curry

Curry is an above average rebounding guard, and a slightly better rebounder than Harden.

nastynice
06-02-2018, 01:59 PM
I mean, it's easily quantifiable. There's no reason to be obtuse when the numbers are right in front of you. You can talk about "I know this" and "I saw that" but it's not really proof, is it?

Player
OR/36
DR/36

Harden

Curry

Curry is an above average rebounding guard, and a slightly better rebounder than Harden.

That's great but that shouldn't be the crux of anyone's argument

IndyRealist
06-02-2018, 02:08 PM
That's great but that shouldn't be the crux of anyone's argument

Well that's the difference. You're arguing, I'm proving.

tredigs
06-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Curry rates in the 85th% for his position as a rebounder, O and D. So he's a borderline elite rebounder.

Scoots
06-02-2018, 02:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBE8gczjfaA

nastynice
06-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Well that's the difference. You're arguing, I'm proving.

Haha, bro! no way. That's like listing ppg from high to low for every player in the league and saying this is the exact order of best scorer..

nastynice
06-02-2018, 02:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBE8gczjfaA

Yup, it only counts as 1 Rebound, so the stats won't really show what he's actually doing here. Even when we just played the Rox now, snagged a few over ariza, tucker, etc

Scoots
06-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Yup, it only counts as 1 Rebound, so the stats won't really show what he's actually doing here. Even when we just played the Rox now, snagged a few over ariza, tucker, etc

And on the flip side, he's not heavy enough to keep from being thrown out of the way sometimes too. Tucker straight trucked him a few times.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Curry rates in the 85th% for his position as a rebounder, O and D. So he's a borderline elite rebounder.

For a pg. like Embiid is elite at 3pt shooting...for a center

Giannis94
06-02-2018, 05:59 PM
For a pg. like Embiid is elite at 3pt shooting...for a center

And you're elite in your own way in my heart!

FlashBolt
06-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Curry hides on defense so he's always most definitely guarding the worst guard or someone who can't score the ball when he is on the court. This leaves him free to chase down rebounds. He deserves credit for going after them but the nature of how the Warriors play defense is why he gets rebounds as well. Just like how Russ got all his rebounds. Adams would cover the interior, box out for Russ, and here comes Russ for the rebound. PG/Roberson are guarding the backcourt of the other team and there goes Russ, running away from his defensive assignment to stay right where the ball bounces to. It's not rocket science.

tredigs
06-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Curry hides on defense so he's always most definitely guarding the worst guard or someone who can't score the ball when he is on the court. This leaves him free to chase down rebounds.

He was literally hunted all series by Harden and the Rockets (can't blame them when you consider the other options), and not only was their success on him extremely limited (could argue abysmal), but he averaged nearly 7 rpg. You have to think through the most basic rebuttals when you make these posts Flashbolt. I feel like I'm kicking a puppy when I put you in your place this easily.

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:08 PM
I don't get what any of this means, but yes, curry is a better defender and his iq is good enough that he knows how to use his help. That's not a given for every player, as was said earlier by you or someone else. I gave you an example of how it isn't. So no, it isn't fair to say harden improves us at that end. Bro your hate is clouding your mind

How many of those rebounds are actually contested compared to Harden? Thats what matters, that and the defensive rebound rate, not that you saw 1 player all 82 games cuz that only makes you biased. Its an argument I've been preaching at PSD since day 1. Nobody gives a **** how often you watch your favorite team, what makes you an expert at the eye test is how many games you watch outside of your favorite/home town squad, because at least then you have a basis for comparison. At that point it becomes more about your recall ability/memory. I trust stats+my eyes over the opinion of a stranger with zero backing behind it. Like I had one of you GS fans here in Cali central, dude tried telling me Curry was greater than Magic cuz he saw Curry his entire life, I asked how much of Magic he saw, NONE. Extreme example but you get my drift and I wanted to throw a LA>Oakland jab while I was at it.

ewing
06-02-2018, 09:32 PM
He was literally hunted all series by Harden and the Rockets (can't blame them when you consider the other options), and not only was their success on him extremely limited (could argue abysmal), but he averaged nearly 7 rpg. You have to think through the most basic rebuttals when you make these posts Flashbolt. I feel like I'm kicking a puppy when I put you in your place this easily.

Curry is tougher then given credit for. That said individual rebound #s mean nothing now. I always thought it could be a misleading stat but with no one going to the offensive glass these days its doesn't tell you much of anything. I do think teams are starting to go back to the glass a little and there enough fast strong kinda bigs these days that it can a good move for some teams

nastynice
06-02-2018, 09:38 PM
How many of those rebounds are actually contested compared to Harden? Thats what matters, that and the defensive rebound rate, not that you saw 1 player all 82 games cuz that only makes you biased. Its an argument I've been preaching at PSD since day 1. Nobody gives a **** how often you watch your favorite team, what makes you an expert at the eye test is how many games you watch outside of your favorite/home town squad, because at least then you have a basis for comparison. At that point it becomes more about your recall ability/memory. I trust stats+my eyes over the opinion of a stranger with zero backing behind it. Like I had one of you GS fans here in Cali central, dude tried telling me Curry was greater than Magic cuz he saw Curry his entire life, I asked how much of Magic he saw, NONE. Extreme example but you get my drift and I wanted to throw a LA>Oakland jab while I was at it.

I know that's what matters, that's why I brought it up and said it's not about stats, it's about seeing him regularly get boards from forwards and sometimes even true bugs. You're saying the same **** as me but for some reason trying to make it sound different...?

nastynice
06-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Curry hides on defense so he's always most definitely guarding the worst guard or someone who can't score the ball when he is on the court. This leaves him free to chase down rebounds. He deserves credit for going after them but the nature of how the Warriors play defense is why he gets rebounds as well. Just like how Russ got all his rebounds. Adams would cover the interior, box out for Russ, and here comes Russ for the rebound. PG/Roberson are guarding the backcourt of the other team and there goes Russ, running away from his defensive assignment to stay right where the ball bounces to. It's not rocket science.

lol, bro! Curry boxes bigger guys out, that's what makes me say he's actually pretty good. He gets boards that bounce out to him too, but I'm not considering that

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:44 PM
I know that's what matters, that's why I brought it up and said it's not about stats, it's about seeing him regularly get boards from forwards and sometimes even true bugs. You're saying the same **** as me but for some reason trying to make it sound different...?

But those are stats we have today so what do you mean? Even if we didn't how do you know his ranking if you basically only preach about watching him play where what matters is how much you watch everyone else. Put it this way, if given the option to evaluate Steph Curry and I had someone who saw ALL of his games vs someone who saw 41 games but saw far more of teams not named Warriors, guess whos opinion I take more seriously? The guy who isn't biased.

I dont think we're saying the same thing, you're saying it doesn't matter what the facts are because I saw this team play alot, where Im saying IDGAF show me facts.

Scoots
06-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Curry is tougher then given credit for. That said individual rebound #s mean nothing now. I always thought it could be a misleading stat but with no one going to the offensive glass these days its doesn't tell you much of anything. I do think teams are starting to go back to the glass a little and there enough fast strong kinda bigs these days that it can a good move for some teams

Boxing out is a largely dead art. Anthony Mason and the Davis brothers used to kill guys rebounding by boxing out.

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Boxing out is a largely dead art. Anthony Mason and the Davis brothers used to kill guys rebounding by boxing out.

You know whos a master at boxing out, any G who gets a **** ton of rebounds usually has them behind them. Steven Adams is a load, Jason Collins did the same thing for Jason Kidd(tho Kidd was excellent at tracking long rebounds). About the only G I can remember not really needing that blocker to get the ball was Magic, if you dont count him then Fat Lever might come to mind. I know every rebound Chuck got was all chuck but I guess we expect that from bigs. Also not hating on Harden/RWB for their rebounds but its clear they have inflated boards.

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Dead arts we miss in the NBA, outlet passing (largely a result of NBA defenses today but a guy like Kevin Love still gets it done at an elite level) post entree passes (another reason why post play has died, many cant even enter it to the bigman in tight crevices, the last truly great post entree passer I remember watching was Tmac. At a long 6"8 he could pass over anyone, he also had the vision to be trusted with out of bounds passing since he was on the Raptors so it came naturally to him when he played with Yao.

I really dislike todays homogenized NBA, be honest here. Would you be all for contrasting styles if it meant your team suffering the most?

nastynice
06-02-2018, 10:00 PM
But those are stats we have today so what do you mean? Even if we didn't how do you know his ranking if you basically only preach about watching him play where what matters is how much you watch everyone else. Put it this way, if given the option to evaluate Steph Curry and I had someone who saw ALL of his games vs someone who saw 41 games but saw far more of teams not named Warriors, guess whos opinion I take more seriously? The guy who isn't biased.

I dont think we're saying the same thing, you're saying it doesn't matter what the facts are because I saw this team play alot, where Im saying IDGAF show me facts.

lol, OK, stick with your Rebound numbers, that's fine. Whatever works

Chronz
06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
lol, OK, stick with your Rebound numbers, that's fine. Whatever works

Why wouldn't I stick with methods that actual team execs check when building/evaluating players/teams?

ewing
06-02-2018, 10:04 PM

you don't have to b/c no one goes to the offensive glass. I think Boston started it. They had so many great individual defenders that they said we getting back in transition every time and we are not going to the offensive glass, we are going match up and shut you down. I think when the league got faster a lot of team copied b.c they were playing guys that would have trouble getting back. Now you sit Al Jefferson and play a faster big with way less skills. I think a lot of these guys can hit the glass and back back if you keep the floor balanced, have guard get back etc

Scoots
06-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Dead arts we miss in the NBA, outlet passing (largely a result of NBA defenses today but a guy like Kevin Love still gets it done at an elite level) post entree passes (another reason why post play has died, many cant even enter it to the bigman in tight crevices, the last truly great post entree passer I remember watching was Tmac. At a long 6"8 he could pass over anyone, he also had the vision to be trusted with out of bounds passing since he was on the Raptors so it came naturally to him when he played with Yao.

I really dislike todays homogenized NBA, be honest here. Would you be all for contrasting styles if it meant your team suffering the most?

I think part of the loss of the post entry pass is the lack of players who know how to protect the passer with good hands to receive the pass.

I'd much rather have teams trying different ways to play the game than having all of the teams be the same. It's fun watching Zach Randolph play the way the game was played 20 years ago. Of course the issue is that to play that way your post-up bigs would have to be able to defend quick 3 point shooting guards at the other end so it's probably going to take a rule change to bring the post up big back into the game like they used to be. Embiid can do it, but he's an extreme rarity.

Scoots
06-03-2018, 01:01 PM
you don't have to b/c no one goes to the offensive glass. I think Boston started it. They had so many great individual defenders that they said we getting back in transition every time and we are not going to the offensive glass, we are going match up and shut you down. I think when the league got faster a lot of team copied b.c they were playing guys that would have trouble getting back. Now you sit Al Jefferson and play a faster big with way less skills. I think a lot of these guys can hit the glass and back back if you keep the floor balanced, have guard get back etc

Yeah, that came with the league (not the fans) realizing that defensive rebounding had been over-valued and coaches stopped emphasizing "crashing the boards" at both ends. Still offensive rebounding is about effort and there are not many guys in the NBA who put in that effort for habits to build to box them out I guess. Players like PJ Tucker or Tristan Thompson who punish lax defensive rebounding are rare.

FlashBolt
06-03-2018, 04:04 PM

You don't put anyone in their place. You think you do because that's the only illusion of winning you actually have in your life. It's why you constantly brag about your cheap gambling wins because, well, it's obvious you don't make enough in your career to live sufficiently. You have no basic intellect anymore. It died years ago when your brain still functioned normally and you weren't a GSW homer. Believe me, you will never put anyone in their place. You are a Warriors homer who thinks he is still relevant.

Jamiecballer
06-03-2018, 06:09 PM
i never would have suggested anything like this before the scandal involving Colangelo but it's got me totally considering that tredigs is a burner account for Bob Myers. it has all the same elements - the holier than thou attitude, talking down on "average NBA fans", defending everything to do with warriors, dramatically overrating curry, etc.

Scoots
06-03-2018, 08:11 PM
i never would have suggested anything like this before the scandal involving Colangelo but it's got me totally considering that tredigs is a burner account for Bob Myers. it has all the same elements - the holier than thou attitude, talking down on "average NBA fans", defending everything to do with warriors, dramatically overrating curry, etc.

In all honesty, I've never seen Myers talking down to fans or a holier than thou attitude. Link?

IndyRealist
06-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I don't get where Curry gets the rep as being soft. I just watched him wrestle Tristan Thompson nonstop the entire possession. He may be physically limited in what he can do, but soft he is not.

ewing
06-03-2018, 11:06 PM
I don't get where Curry gets the rep as being soft. I just watched him wrestle Tristan Thompson nonstop the entire possession. He may be physically limited in what he can do, but soft he is not.

he looks like a *****

nastynice
06-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Yup, when he's on a big in the paint and plays physical enough to deny a pass inside, that's a win for the defense

All my warrior hater friends respect curry since I started pointing out during games to pay attention to him while doing those things