PDA

View Full Version : Adam Silver Effect

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2018, 01:21 AM
At what point do we start saying this freak has lost control of the NBA? All these burner accounts, obvious calls for certain teams especially in the Playoffs, and half the league tanking. Guy is not the hero everyone points him out to be

Giannis94
06-01-2018, 01:28 AM
At what point do we start saying this freak has lost control of the NBA? All these burner accounts, obvious calls for certain teams especially in the Playoffs, and half the league tanking. Guy is not the hero everyone points him out to be
Curious to see how this thread goes.

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2018, 01:31 AM
Oh yeah cuz Stern was sooo much better 😂 I got two words for you "Tim Donaghy"

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2018, 01:40 AM

I thought Stern had a successful tenure till probably the last few years. Silver is all about business and money and could give a **** about the fans. I know about Donaghy but it doesn't make it any less worse than what's going on here in today's league. Must be one helluva confidentiality agreement signed by refs with Silver in charge

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2018, 01:46 AM
I thought Stern had a successful tenure till probably the last few years. Silver is all about business and money and could give a **** about the fans. I know about Donaghy but it doesn't make it any less worse than what's going on here in today's league. Must be one helluva confidentiality agreement signed by refs with Silver in charge

You think Silver runs this league? no the owners and the media do cuz they have all the money

Giannis94
06-01-2018, 01:49 AM
Tim Donaghy ****ed the Bucks out of a title. Bit there is no way in **** the NBA was allowing them to beat the Lakers even if they outplayed the. **** Timmy D

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2018, 01:55 AM
He is the commissioner. He has had a huge effect on shaping the league since his arrival. People just like him bc of his politically correct stance towards everything.

He's just a puppet

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2018, 01:56 AM
You think Silver runs this league? no the owners and the media do cuz they have all the money

He is the commissioner. He has had a huge effect on shaping the league since his arrival. People just like him bc of his politically correct stance towards everything.

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 01:58 AM

for forcing colangelo into an organization he damn well better be held accountable but he wont be.

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 02:05 AM
I will say this. I did like he is open to a hard cap like the NFL

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2018, 02:09 AM
He's just a puppet

So he may not agree with the business aspect handled from the league internally is what you're saying? Don't buy it, he gloats whenever talking about the Warriors and how there needs to be more super teams and such. Guy cares about money for the league above all else

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2018, 02:10 AM
I will say this. I did like he is open to a hard cap like the NFL

link?

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 02:15 AM
link?

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/adam-silver-irked-that-76ers-probe-of-bryan-colangelo-casting-shadow-on-finals-515449.html

--When asked about the league's feelings on the same teams playing in the Finals for the fourth consecutive season, Silver pointed out that the Warriorsand Cavs have the two highest payrolls in the league at $137 million each. He went so far as to raise the specter of a hard salary cap like the NFL employs that could potentially even out the league's competitive balance.

numba1CHANGsta
06-01-2018, 04:09 AM
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/adam-silver-irked-that-76ers-probe-of-bryan-colangelo-casting-shadow-on-finals-515449.html

--When asked about the league's feelings on the same teams playing in the Finals for the fourth consecutive season, Silver pointed out that the Warriorsand Cavs have the two highest payrolls in the league at $137 million each. He went so far as to raise the specter of a hard salary cap like the NFL employs that could potentially even out the league's competitive balance.

There needs to be a salary cap for every sport! especially baseball

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 04:17 AM
I don't see why Silver is responsible for these tough issues. He's done an amazing job. I don't agree with the foul calls but I just found it incredibly frustrating to watch as an NBA fan where the most stacked team in the league gets favorable call after favorable call against a team in which they should've beaten two quarters ago. Just when I thought Cavs had no shot, they pull in a great performance and the game ends with controversy. Not how it should be.

More-Than-Most
06-01-2018, 04:48 AM
I don't see why Silver is responsible for these tough issues. He's done an amazing job. I don't agree with the foul calls but I just found it incredibly frustrating to watch as an NBA fan where the most stacked team in the league gets favorable call after favorable call against a team in which they should've beaten two quarters ago. Just when I thought Cavs had no shot, they pull in a great performance and the game ends with controversy. Not how it should be.

This is why I do blame him and stern and so on before... Silver has a league that is 2nd to football on in this country and that gap is closing Quick... Basketball and baseball rule the world... There is no excuse why refs shouldnt be held accountable like players/coaches/Gms are... Pay the refs more and make them year round employees and if they miss a clear as day call start suspending them... There is no excuse for the warriors/cavs game to happen and these guys are the cream of the crop in terms of refs for this sport... Either get robots or hold the refs accountable... These refs just walked out of there with no worries in the world... that is why they call the home cooking like they do... The crowd will cheer them and thus no issues and if they miss a call welp 2 minute report and move on.

Saddletramp
06-01-2018, 05:22 AM
Hard cap won’t fix **** when these guys can do a shoe deal or get paid by the rich tech dudes buddies. “Hey Klay, go get a max deal in Orlando or stay with the Warriors for far less but my bro will give you $80 million for a commercial and a hand shake.” Meanwhile, in Denver........

FlashBolt
06-01-2018, 05:42 AM
This is why I do blame him and stern and so on before... Silver has a league that is 2nd to football on in this country and that gap is closing Quick... Basketball and baseball rule the world... There is no excuse why refs shouldnt be held accountable like players/coaches/Gms are... Pay the refs more and make them year round employees and if they miss a clear as day call start suspending them... There is no excuse for the warriors/cavs game to happen and these guys are the cream of the crop in terms of refs for this sport... Either get robots or hold the refs accountable... These refs just walked out of there with no worries in the world... that is why they call the home cooking like they do... The crowd will cheer them and thus no issues and if they miss a call welp 2 minute report and move on.

It's tough to investigate something like this and often times, it's better the NBA stays away from it altogether because any hint of the NBA having some refs who are rigging it would cost the league and NBA owner's billions. I don't fault Adam Silver. I just want to know how call after call, Cleveland didn't get the benefit of a doubt. The team that actually fought their butts off in what many believe is a boring series due to the overwhelming difference in talent was getting the short end of calls while the most stacked team in the NBA got everything. I'm disappointed in the refs for making such terrible calls but let's not cut some slack for Hill, J.R., and Clarkson. My God, Cavs backcourt was terrible. Clarkson shoots any shot he sees and plays so damn quick for his own good. Hill looked like he saw a ghost shooting that FT and J.R., wow, I really think this guy might be the most stupid person in the NBA. For him to not know if the Cavs were tied, losing, or winning in the NBA Finals is sad. Imagine if the Cavs were actually down 1 and he's running away from the Warriors... They would have just stood there laughing at him.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Tim Donaghy ****ed the Bucks out of a title. Bit there is no way in **** the NBA was allowing them to beat the Lakers even if they outplayed the. **** Timmy D

The Bucks? You mean the Kings.

Giannis94
06-01-2018, 11:06 AM
The Bucks? You mean the Kings.

I read the article and story about the bucks. But I can't imagine the NBA tolerating a Bucks and Kings championship

ewing
06-01-2018, 11:23 AM

about 1992

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-01-2018, 11:40 AM
I read the article and story about the bucks. But I can't imagine the NBA tolerating a Bucks and Kings championship

Was that the same year?

That would have been a fun series. Kings would have probably won, but it would have been a fun match up. I don't remember the Bucks getting screwed though. I definitely remember that egregious game 6 in the Kings vs Lakers WCF. Kings fans are still bitter about it and Lakers fans still call BS on it. My take on it is IDK if they were screwed or not, but they still had the chance to win game 7 at home and couldn't close it out in front of the loudest crowd in the NBA at the time (I think their home record that season was incredibly good).

Giannis94
06-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Was that the same year?

That would have been a fun series. Kings would have probably won, but it would have been a fun match up. I don't remember the Bucks getting screwed though. I definitely remember that egregious game 6 in the Kings vs Lakers WCF. Kings fans are still bitter about it and Lakers fans still call BS on it. My take on it is IDK if they were screwed or not, but they still had the chance to win game 7 at home and couldn't close it out in front of the loudest crowd in the NBA at the time (I think their home record that season was incredibly good).

Maybe it wasn't timmy but his friends:

http://ballislife.com/the-2001-bucks-vs-76ers-conspiracy-theory-series/

Now, I don’t think the Bucks would have been able to beat LA, but as Simmons noted in his post, the Bucks did sweep the top 4 teams in the Western conference that season, including the Lakers, and LA didn’t have an answer for the trio of Sam, Jesus and Big Dog.

IndyRealist
06-01-2018, 12:37 PM
You all understand that the commissioner is middle management, right? There's a board of owners that votes and makes decisions. All the commissioner does is execute policy already decided by people above him. He's an administrator. He's not Roger Goddell making unilateral decisions without consulting ownership.

And referees have a union. Good luck trying to suspend them for missed calls.

Giannis94
06-01-2018, 12:40 PM
You all understand that the commissioner is middle management, right? There's a board of owners that votes and makes decisions. All the commissioner does is execute policy already decided by people above him. He's an administrator. He's not Roger Goddell making unilateral decisions without consulting ownership.

And referees have a union. Good luck trying to suspend them for missed calls.

Let's just send good ole Scott Walker after em!

ChrisDudley
06-01-2018, 07:01 PM
The 2016 finals were completely fixed for LeBron.

It was sickening, but we have to accept that this league is geared toward entertainment and most importantly, revenue.

Saddletramp
06-01-2018, 11:41 PM
The 2016 finals were completely fixed for LeBron.

It was sickening, but we have to accept that this league is geared toward entertainment and most importantly, revenue.

Everybody say hi to Lol, please. He’s back and just as annoying as ever!

And here’s hoping he gets banned way sooner this time.