PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs Play In (LA Borrachos vs #TS)

valade16
05-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

LA Borrachos - Homecourt Advantage

HC- Phil Jackson

C- Jack Sikma/ Joel Embiid
PF- Pau Gasol/ Rob Horry
SF- Ron Artest/ Kyle Korver
SG- Micheal Jordan
PG- Gail Goodrich/ Mark Jackson

vs.

#TS

Depth Chart (2K18 rating)
C - Dave Cowens (94), Marc Gasol (93)
PF - Tim Duncan (98), George Mikan (95)
SF - Bruce Bowen (86), Luol Deng (86)
SG - George Gervin (96), Drazen Petrovic (90)
PG- Dennis Johnson (92), Tony Parker (94)

Giannis94
05-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Love the 2k ratings. I assume the team on top isn't taking it seriously. I would also like all nba forum topics be strongly suggested to include current 2k ratings on all players to settle debates.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
#ts

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm on my phone but:

Bowen and D.Johnson will shut down MJ - Fact

Their bench sucks - Fact

Duncan will trash Gasol - Fact

My team has more titles than them (like 25) - Fact

Marc Gasol will outplay Pau - Fact

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Lol my 2K stats trash yours. Game over.

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2018, 11:21 PM
Love the 2k ratings. I assume the team on top isn't taking it seriously. I would also like all nba forum topics be strongly suggested to include current 2k ratings on all players to settle debates.

HC- Phil Jackson 11x NBA Champion,3x 3peats, 229 Playoff wins Most all time

NBA 2K Ratings

C- (90) Jack Sikma/(90) Joel Embiid
PF- (93) Pau Gasol/ (81) Rob Horry
SF- (88)(DPOY) Ron Artest/ (84) Kyle Korver
SG- (99) Micheal Jordan
PG- (90) Gail Goodrich/ (87) Mark Jackson

mngopher35
05-29-2018, 11:58 PM
Embiid might be the difference maker here tbh

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 12:03 AM
I'm on my phone but:

Bowen and D.Johnson will shut down MJ - Fact

Their bench sucks - Fact

Duncan will trash Gasol - Fact

My team has more titles than them (like 25) - Fact

Marc Gasol will outplay Pau - Fact

Lmao

Bowen couldn't shut down Kobe and now we're supposed to believe he's going to stop Micheal Jordan?

Phil Jackson-11
Micheal Jordan- 6
Pau Gasol- 2
Jack Sikma- 1
Gail Goodrich-1
Ron Artest-1
Robert Horry-7

29 NBA Championships > 25

Pau Big Brother > lil bro marc

My Two wings are both DPOY, and will be playing major starter minutes, while you have two yourself, you can only play 1 at a time (Cowens, Gasol)

Both of our teams have an advantage, you have a very good stable of bigs with Duncan/Cowens/Gasol/(lmao Mikan?) But my stable of Pau/Sikma/Embiid/Horry are more than enough to give your front court trouble. My team will be using the Triangle offense pinching your players off the block and forcing them to guard great passers/shooting big men and watching MJ dominate in the post.

Artest/MJ two DPOY of the year award winners, only 7 DPOY were Wings all-time, this year will be the 36th DPOY (most likely Gobert) My team holds a huge advantage on the wings and especially defensively.

I also hold a huge advantage in team chemistry, while your team is going to try and figure out what style of offense you will be running. My team will have immense TEAM Chemistry, as many of my players are high IQ players and able to run the triangle offense. I'll have the extreme advantage in coaching as my team will be led by Phil Jackson.

Again a very good team you've built but with home court advantage and a team full of players that know what their roles are and a Phil Jackson/MJ led team, you're really going to tell me you would bet against them?

KnicksorBust
05-30-2018, 06:43 PM
Can someone explain this head coaching situation?

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 06:46 PM

G1 had MJ (then got Gasol/Artest) so he obviously needed to draft Phil Jackson to use as the coach. duh

ChiSox219
05-30-2018, 07:43 PM
I liked Raps team better but voted for G1 based on matchup. Fwiw, MJ avg 39.7/6.7/5.8 in 6 playoff games vs DJ who averaged 39.8mpg against MJ

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 09:11 PM
I would also like to add the battle between Duncan v Gasol they had 42 H2H matcups, early on Duncans team was much better than Pau's (Grizzlies) but they battled pretty equally in numbers. Pau's team only beat Duncans Super Spurs 17 times all-time but 13 of those wins came playing alongside a true Alpha w/ Kobe Bryant u/ Phil Jackson. Now you give him the Micheal Jordan and Phil Jackson?

http://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/tim_duncan_vs_pau_gasol.htm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Tim+Duncan&player_id1_select=Tim+Duncan&player_id1=duncati01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Pau+Gasol&player_id2_select=Pau+Gasol&player_id2=gasolpa01&idx=players

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Drafting players that fit into the Triangle offense scheme Sikma, Horry, Embiid, Gasol, Artest, MJ. I used one of my roster spots on Coach Phil Jackson, this will help me bring scheme, team chemistry and identity. Phil is a mastermind and Zen in his way to mesh players together to focus on one common goal. He will be leading/Coaching this MJ-led team, who together have shown pretty dominant. I'm hoping to start a trend in where we adapt to drafting a coach for our teams to build in chemistry/playing style/etc.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Lmao

Bowen couldn't shut down Kobe and now we're supposed to believe he's going to stop Micheal Jordan?

He shut down GOAT Lebron so he should have a solid chance against #2 all time MJ.

And Kobe averaged like 26.3 PPG against the Spurs with Bowen being the main defender though, which is a slight notch down below what he was doing in the early to mid 00s. So not like Jordan will torch him. Even if Jordan got his regular 30, not like you have enough offensive power with your supporting cast anyway. You'd need Jordan to average like 40 points or else need everything to go right otherwise (ie Korver shooting 50% from 3, etc).

Phil Jackson-11
Micheal Jordan- 6
Pau Gasol- 2
Jack Sikma- 1
Gail Goodrich-1
Ron Artest-1
Robert Horry-7

29 NBA Championships > 25

Jackson got 0 rings as a player. I guess he could be HC but then you'd technically auto lose for not having 10 players. :shrug:

And don't even dare say that he would have the knowledge as a coach back when he was a 25 year old player.

Pau Big Brother > lil bro marc

Both got 93 rating so they =

My Two wings are both DPOY, and will be playing major starter minutes, while you have two yourself, you can only play 1 at a time (Cowens, Gasol)

Nah, Cowens can play PF some of his minutes so Gasol is getting like 20-30 minutes most games. Even without having 2 DPOY, guys like Duncan, Bowen, DJ are all top 5/10 defenders at their position even if they never won DPOY.

Both of our teams have an advantage, you have a very good stable of bigs with Duncan/Cowens/Gasol/(lmao Mikan?) But my stable of Pau/Sikma/Embiid/Horry are more than enough to give your front court trouble. My team will be using the Triangle offense pinching your players off the block and forcing them to guard great passers/shooting big men and watching MJ dominate in the post.

Well that doesn't seem very fair. Pau/Sikma/Embiid/Horry is good enough to keep my guys trouble but DJ/Bowen/Deng (like 18 all NBA defense) between them would just get dominated?

Artest/MJ two DPOY of the year award winners, only 7 DPOY were Wings all-time, this year will be the 36th DPOY (most likely Gobert) My team holds a huge advantage on the wings and especially defensively.

You got great defenders but my team isn't reliant on wing players to help me win the game (ie Lebron/Kobe/Wade handling the ball), which would help alleviate the advantage you have in terms of wing defenders. My main players are all system players who know how to create for each other and are all great passers. Cowens, Duncan and Gasol were all great passers and could probably help my wings via cuts, off screens, etc.

Gervin would be the main guy you would focus on but he probably wouldn't be a liabilty either. He was a good and efficient enough scorer that he could still score in the 20s on good shooting %.

I also hold a huge advantage in team chemistry, while your team is going to try and figure out what style of offense you will be running. My team will have immense TEAM Chemistry, as many of my players are high IQ players and able to run the triangle offense. I'll have the extreme advantage in coaching as my team will be led by Phil Jackson.

Well this is a bit ridiculous. I have 3 guys in Duncan, Parker, Bowen that will be playing significant minutes on my team (as DJ can slide to SG a lot), who played with each other for a long time and surrounded them with guys who have the right attitude and fit (ie Gasol, Cowens, DJ, Gervin, etc) and they are going to have trouble with team chemistry? Guys like DJ excelled as the 3rd/4th guy with other stars on their team and Gasol/Cowens is exactly the type of player that would be great in the system the Spurs played throughout Duncan's tenure with the Spurs.

Again a very good team you've built but with home court advantage and a team full of players that know what their roles are and a Phil Jackson/MJ led team, you're really going to tell me you would bet against them?

Your guys apparently know their role but mine will struggle to find their role and a 25 year old PJ is going to have the wisdom of a mid 40s coach? That doesn't seem very fair.

Quinnsanity
05-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Wait Raps is in the play in game? His team is too good for that unless I'm missing something.

Also Phil Jackson is not the coach. That's not how this game works. If you wanna say you're running triangle (which you shouldn't, but if you are), that's fine. That doesn't mean you have Phil.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Drafting players that fit into the Triangle offense scheme Sikma, Horry, Embiid, Gasol, Artest, MJ. I used one of my roster spots on Coach Phil Jackson, this will help me bring scheme, team chemistry and identity. Phil is a mastermind and Zen in his way to mesh players together to focus on one common goal. He will be leading/Coaching this MJ-led team, who together have shown pretty dominant. I'm hoping to start a trend in where we adapt to drafting a coach for our teams to build in chemistry/playing style/etc.

I demand a review of this. He has 9 players when they need 10.

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 09:56 PM
I demand a review of this. He has 9 players when they need 10.

Lolz don't even... I sacrificed a roster spot to draft a player/coach who played pre/79. We discussed this numerous amounts of times in the Chatzy (you were there) and V ok'd it but needed to adjust my roster around, which in the end I did, bringing in Jack GoldiLocks Sikma and starting GG. It's all fair and square, if anything, it sucks I had to sacrifice a roster spot because I could think of 1/2 dozen solid triangle offense role players. Hopefully we can have 10 slots and a coach slot next time. Would love to see Magic or Lebron getting paired up with Riley, Pop with Duncan, Kerr with Curry, Phil with MJ/ or Kobe/Shaq. I think it would bring a whole new level to this game and the voters get a more clear understanding on what you want to do on offense/playing style. It's hard to imagine all these guys just getting thrown together without any practice/regular season etc. Just a winner advances Tournament, never playing with each other or ever building any type of chemistry which is so valuable. So I combined high IQ players who all would/Have exel in the Triangle offense and players who won with Phil Jackson.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Don't ever recall seeing that conversation and the rules do say that you need 10 players (hence why I didn't vote Murph in the playoffs because he drafted Jackie Moon, who isn't a real player).

I do appreciate the gimmick and we both know the rules won't be enforced anyway lol but it'd be a joke if people voted for you because of HC PJ.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Wait Raps is in the play in game? His team is too good for that unless I'm missing something.

Also Phil Jackson is not the coach. That's not how this game works. If you wanna say you're running triangle (which you shouldn't, but if you are), that's fine. That doesn't mean you have Phil.

Politics.

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 10:26 PM
From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT%
1982 1984 239 235 36.0 6.9 14.3 .481 0.0 0.1 .087 6.9 14.2 .484 .482 5.3 6.2 .849 2.8

ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK PTS
9.0 11.7 3.5 1.2 1.1 2.7 19.0

Jack Sikma was no slouch, a great post player, passer, and shooter. He had a very High FT as high as 92%! for a Big man, he would easily evolve as a stretch big man in todays game and would help space the floor in the triangle, giving MJ room to operate.

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 10:42 PM

Honestly, if anything you quit on the game and didn't even enter a ballot. You shouldn't even get a vote ;)

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 11:01 PM
Don't ever recall seeing that conversation and the rules do say that you need 10 players (hence why I didn't vote Murph in the playoffs because he drafted Jackie Moon, who isn't a real player).

I do appreciate the gimmick and we both know the rules won't be enforced anyway lol but it'd be a joke if people voted for you because of HC PJ.

Nowhere in the rules does it say I need 10 players, this is the only thing it states

"You cannot have more than 5 players from the current era on your roster and you must have at least 2 players from the 60-79 era on your roster."

Phil Jackson is from pre 79, if you want his old *** Phil to put on a pair of shorts, whatever but I clearly asked a number of times about the move and you were ok with it until we faced off in the playoffs Lol

and Murph didn't even turn in a ballot.. or he would be battling in the playoffs.

at least he didn't quit like Quinn with Lebron on his roster and not trading up to have to get a top 2 player all time.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 11:26 PM
Nowhere in the rules does it say I need 10 players, this is the only thing it states

"You cannot have more than 5 players from the current era on your roster and you must have at least 2 players from the 60-79 era on your roster."

Phil Jackson is from pre 79, if you want his old *** Phil to put on a pair of shorts, whatever but I clearly asked a number of times about the move and you were ok with it until we faced off in the playoffs Lol

and Murph didn't even turn in a ballot.. or he would be battling in the playoffs.

at least he didn't quit like Quinn with Lebron on his roster and not trading up to have to get a top 2 player all time.

It does say you need a full roster.

"Trades:

Each roster will end the season with 10 players, all trades must be an even transfer of players and/or picks (1:1, 2:2, 3:3, etc.)"

I'm fine with you continuing the gimmick even though the rules say 10 "players" and I might have played along but don't push your luck and say I was okay with it when I don't ever remember Valade saying it was okay or that I agreed with Valade's decision.

My point about Murph was that he didn't meet the roster requirements (and I'm not the only one who pointed it out). Again, I don't expect Valade to enforce this whole coach thing but a bit sneaky to try to sell Jackson as a coach when the rules explicitly say 10 "players". You can try to sell him as a player-coach but I hope people don't fall thinking Jackson as a 45-60 year old had the same knowledge in his 20s.

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 11:39 PM
lmao bro you have Mikan as a 94 rated player up in here trying to sneak it by like he would be better than some of these current playerrs. Joel Embiid would DESTROY Mikan lmfao, he doesn't even belong on a roster.

Sure look at it any way you want, but I followed the rules and Phil can be a player/coach and be coaching the team on the bench. He's still theall-time playoff/Championship winning coach of all time. The records and history speak for itself, Phil never won without MJ, just like MJ never won without Phil.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 12:05 AM
The 94 rating was not something I made up. The intent of the game is to judge them by their era and Mikan, for better or for worse, dominated his era. I didn't say he was better than a guy like Embiid. I'm just following the spirit of the game. Not sure what more I can do. :shrug:

Yea he can be coaching the team, that is fine, but as I said, you don't have a mid 40s coach Phil. You have a 27 year old Phil who might be knowledgeable but not the coach you want him to be. Would Jordan even listen to a scrub 27 year old 10th man coaching him from the bench?

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 12:24 AM
So I canít use a old *** man lmao that played in pre 79? Era? Itís hilrious you had no problem the weeks of doing this game and the number of times we both were in chatzy lol

I just find the NBA2k rating good but hilarious 94 Mikan? Lmao gtfoh, he wouldnít make the G-League today.

The point of having Phil was for team continuity and chemistry. When we think of Duncan, do we think of his early pre00 success his 3 in 5 years or the one almost a decade later? We look at his entire body of work, his whole career as a whole, how dominant he was for multiple decades. Itís the same thing with Phil, sure he wasnít much of a player but looking at his whole body of work his High BBIQ and ability to bring a team together speaks for itself and resulted in 11 Championships.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 12:36 AM
I diDnt say you couldnt have Phil. I said the player Phil doesnt have 11 titles and if you use his as a player coach, cant assume 29 year old phil will have the same knowledge as 90s and 00s Phil or that he wpuld be looked at the same by players.

Same reason why people cant say Kidd is a good 3 point shooter just because he ranks hogh in all time 3. Body of work doesnt mean you can jist take bits of pieces here and there that he might not have had at a certain point in their career

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2018, 01:28 AM
I legit didn't know who to vote for but Rap's depth is the difference maker here. Really good matchup, best of the three posted. Raps has my vote tho.

Dunkapolooza
05-31-2018, 01:33 AM
Personally I think Phil Jackson is the most overrated sports figure of all time. The triangle is overrated and made his teams worse. And I don't think he created any strategic advantage for his team or players. More likely he limited them.

Shaq in the low block. Iso the best player in the world. Play good defense and run in transition for the bulls. Which those players all would have done anyway.

Mj putting on 15 lbs of muscle to beat the Pistons, Shaq literally aging into a grown man, and an undeveloped NBA scouting apparatus letting Kobe fall into his lap was why Phil won. Kudos to him for not ****ing it up right away.

Besides bill Russell and LeBron are better player coaches anyway lol.

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 03:14 AM
Sikma/embiid>cowens/gasol
I think sikma and cowens would be a good matchup, I might give sikma the edge just because he's a bigger player and also is one of the first stretch bigs to ever play the game, also one of the best big man free throw shooters ever (so no hack a sikma). No matter who's going against gasol, I think sikma or embiid has the advantage because both can play from outside which would force gasol to leave the paint which makes the paint more vulnerable to attack making marc less effective. Also, might want to play embiid more against Duncan imo, otherwise Duncan would score 30/game against just gasol.

Pau gasol/horry<duncan/mikan
The big matchup here is gasol against Duncan. Duncan is, imo, the best power forward of all time. He's an elite defender an elite scorer and a pretty good playmaker (for the center position). I think he can score easily on gasol, and I think gasol would have a hard time scoring on duncan (but his mid range shot, ability to face up, and post moves would allow him to get the difficult buckets). As far as the bench, mikan wouldn't dominate Horry as much as it seems imo, Horry is a great defender and mikan was about the same exact size. Horry would also be there to make some very clutch shots in timely minutes at the end of games. And I think embiid can play a lot of PF in this matchup against Duncan. He'd be really the only one that can give duncan a hard time in this matchup on defense so I'd play him about the same minutes combined as gasol and sikma tbh. Horry would play like 6-10mins/game and would come in for situational moments (3 point shooting lineups mainly).

Artest/korver>bowen/deng
Let me first say, that I think both of these starting small forwards would likely be guarding the starting shooting guards in this matchup, as those two shooting guards are by far the best scorers on both teams. Ron artest is the better defender imo, but not by much as bowen was also a very good defender. I do think Ron artest would give gervin a little bit of a hard time because artest is a physical player. Bruce bowen was a great defender, but players like kobe bryant and Tracy mcgrady were able to have their way so I think bowen would have a hard time guarding the goat, Michael Jordan. Korver, once again for team borrachos, would hit some very clutch shots. Deng would give some timely defense and scoring off the bench, but the two way impact of Ron artest and the elite clutch shooting from korver puts them over the top.

Jordan>gervin/petrovic
At first glance I wanted to give #TS the advantage as Michael Jordan has no bench to sub in for him, but then I realized Mark Jackson on the bench can come in and play point guard while MJ is catching a breather and Goodrich can play shooting guard (where he's better at anyway). I think a 3 man guard rotation is perfectly fine. MJ would get around 35-40mins per night and goodrich/Jackson would get 28-32. Goodrich would have a hard time scoring against Dennis johnson, but would have his way with petrovic imo. Gervin would have a hard time scoring, going against two DPOY players in artest and Jordan but Jordan would also have a hard time against bowen and johnson. Gervin and Jordan would trade buckets, but back to what I said when talking SFs, Jordan would be more effective overall imo. Having petrovic, an elite 3 point shooter, off the bench will be deadly. This position was very close but I give the edge to LA because of the Goat (Michael Jordan).

Goodrich/Jackson<johnson/parker
I think Dennis johnson would shut Goodrich down. Dennis johnson is one of the best defensive guards ever, even Jordan (who is on the other team) has given johnson praise. And Tony parker coming off the bench is insane.. He'd run down the defenses throat and if/when the defense collapses he'd kick out to petrovic for 3s all day. Some might disagree with having Johnson start and Parker come off the bench, but I like it, especially with this matchup. Having an elite playmaker like Mark jackson come off the bench allows combo guard Gail goodrich to switch between point guard and shooting guard when Jordan takes a breather.

Overall, a good matchup but I think the deciding factor is team borrachos has great interior defense but is also able to stretch the floor with their centers (making DPOY mark gasol less efective on defense, leaving the paint). Also, I think home court advantage plays a factor here, plus the clutch shots of Horry, korver, and Jordan and overall team defense at key positions. I say borrachos win 4-3, Jordan hits a pull up jump shot with .5 seconds left in game 7.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 04:10 AM
Jordan will torch Bowen. Jordan is much much harder to stop. Impossible to stop at that. Stop with any one defender shutting down Mike.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 08:04 AM
Sikma/embiid>cowens/gasol
I think sikma and cowens would be a good matchup, I might give sikma the edge just because he's a bigger player and also is one of the first stretch bigs to ever play the game, also one of the best big man free throw shooters ever (so no hack a sikma). No matter who's going against gasol, I think sikma or embiid has the advantage because both can play from outside which would force gasol to leave the paint which makes the paint more vulnerable to attack making marc less effective. Also, might want to play embiid more against Duncan imo, otherwise Duncan would score 30/game against just gasol.

Pau gasol/horry<duncan/mikan
The big matchup here is gasol against Duncan. Duncan is, imo, the best power forward of all time. He's an elite defender an elite scorer and a pretty good playmaker (for the center position). I think he can score easily on gasol, and I think gasol would have a hard time scoring on duncan (but his mid range shot, ability to face up, and post moves would allow him to get the difficult buckets). As far as the bench, mikan wouldn't dominate Horry as much as it seems imo, Horry is a great defender and mikan was about the same exact size. Horry would also be there to make some very clutch shots in timely minutes at the end of games. And I think embiid can play a lot of PF in this matchup against Duncan. He'd be really the only one that can give duncan a hard time in this matchup on defense so I'd play him about the same minutes combined as gasol and sikma tbh. Horry would play like 6-10mins/game and would come in for situational moments (3 point shooting lineups mainly).

Artest/korver>bowen/deng
Let me first say, that I think both of these starting small forwards would likely be guarding the starting shooting guards in this matchup, as those two shooting guards are by far the best scorers on both teams. Ron artest is the better defender imo, but not by much as bowen was also a very good defender. I do think Ron artest would give gervin a little bit of a hard time because artest is a physical player. Bruce bowen was a great defender, but players like kobe bryant and Tracy mcgrady were able to have their way so I think bowen would have a hard time guarding the goat, Michael Jordan. Korver, once again for team borrachos, would hit some very clutch shots. Deng would give some timely defense and scoring off the bench, but the two way impact of Ron artest and the elite clutch shooting from korver puts them over the top.

Jordan>gervin/petrovic
At first glance I wanted to give #TS the advantage as Michael Jordan has no bench to sub in for him, but then I realized Mark Jackson on the bench can come in and play point guard while MJ is catching a breather and Goodrich can play shooting guard (where he's better at anyway). I think a 3 man guard rotation is perfectly fine. MJ would get around 35-40mins per night and goodrich/Jackson would get 28-32. Goodrich would have a hard time scoring against Dennis johnson, but would have his way with petrovic imo. Gervin would have a hard time scoring, going against two DPOY players in artest and Jordan but Jordan would also have a hard time against bowen and johnson. Gervin and Jordan would trade buckets, but back to what I said when talking SFs, Jordan would be more effective overall imo. Having petrovic, an elite 3 point shooter, off the bench will be deadly. This position was very close but I give the edge to LA because of the Goat (Michael Jordan).

Goodrich/Jackson<johnson/parker
I think Dennis johnson would shut Goodrich down. Dennis johnson is one of the best defensive guards ever, even Jordan (who is on the other team) has given johnson praise. And Tony parker coming off the bench is insane.. He'd run down the defenses throat and if/when the defense collapses he'd kick out to petrovic for 3s all day. Some might disagree with having Johnson start and Parker come off the bench, but I like it, especially with this matchup. Having an elite playmaker like Mark jackson come off the bench allows combo guard Gail goodrich to switch between point guard and shooting guard when Jordan takes a breather.

Overall, a good matchup but I think the deciding factor is team borrachos has great interior defense but is also able to stretch the floor with their centers (making DPOY mark gasol less efective on defense, leaving the paint). Also, I think home court advantage plays a factor here, plus the clutch shots of Horry, korver, and Jordan and overall team defense at key positions. I say borrachos win 4-3, Jordan hits a pull up jump shot with .5 seconds left in game 7.

Wait so the deciding factor is they have great interior d wtih stretch bigs even thoigh i have better big men and better spacers up front (Gasol/Duncan)?

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 10:22 AM
Wait so the deciding factor is they have great interior d wtih stretch bigs even thoigh i have better big men and better spacers up front (Gasol/Duncan)?

It was late. I actually fell asleep and then woke up right before I wrote that last bit so it was hard to gather my thoughts right before I wrote that actually. Lol it's not the only factor, but I do think it plays a factor. Duncan and Marc gasol both have game changing interior defense, but problem is they'd be playing on the perimeter a lot as pretty much all of those guys can hit outside shots. Your team, however, has quite a few back to the basket players in mikan, cowens, and Duncan so their bigs won't have to leave the paint as much (although Duncan is one that could step outside occasionally, he did the majority of his damage in and just outside of the paint with that bank shot of his). So Marc gasol, your bench guy, is really the main guy that can stretch the defense with his outside shooting. I also mentioned I'd play embiid a lot and primarily on duncan, which I think would be a hard matchup for your best player. In a nut shell, I think the style of play from their bigs (all capable outside shooters) makes your bigs interior defense (which is usually a big advantage for you) less effective which is great when Michael Jordan is attacking the paint.

lakerfan85
05-31-2018, 05:03 PM
Both of these teams suck..

Dunkapolooza
05-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Duncan, cowens, and Marc can all hit outside shots though. Each can space for each other on any given possession.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 07:50 PM
MJ/Phil win every series except 1, (the year MJ came back) but yet they canít beat the Spurs roster over here? Phil Jackson owned SAS. His team doesnít even have an identity on offense, letís just throw a bunch of random names together and theyíll figure it out. Please.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 07:54 PM
Quinn didnít even vote in the other GT lol only this one out of spite for not trading him MJ. So he quits the game and still gets vote? Paaaallleeeeeeeaaasseeeee

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 07:56 PM
It was late. I actually fell asleep and then woke up right before I wrote that last bit so it was hard to gather my thoughts right before I wrote that actually. Lol it's not the only factor, but I do think it plays a factor. Duncan and Marc gasol both have game changing interior defense, but problem is they'd be playing on the perimeter a lot as pretty much all of those guys can hit outside shots. Your team, however, has quite a few back to the basket players in mikan, cowens, and Duncan so their bigs won't have to leave the paint as much (although Duncan is one that could step outside occasionally, he did the majority of his damage in and just outside of the paint with that bank shot of his). So Marc gasol, your bench guy, is really the main guy that can stretch the defense with his outside shooting. I also mentioned I'd play embiid a lot and primarily on duncan, which I think would be a hard matchup for your best player. In a nut shell, I think the style of play from their bigs (all capable outside shooters) makes your bigs interior defense (which is usually a big advantage for you) less effective which is great when Michael Jordan is attacking the paint.

But that's not true.

Duncan has never had issues spacing the floor before. Cowens is also a good shooter as well. Mikan probably could translate given his high IQ. Don't believe me? Check out their shooting ratings on 2K18.

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Dave-Cowens.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Tim-Duncan.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Marc-Gasol.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-George-Mikan.jpg

Not to mention that all 3 are great passers (all averaged nearly 4 per game in their prime with some averaging over 5 APG in their career). If they were operating in the mid range, they can create for the other big man and they can help create for guys like DJ, Parker and Gervin who have experience cutting to the basket. All my big men are lauded for their high BBIQ. I'm sure they can figure it out.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Duncan, cowens, and Marc can all hit outside shots though. Each can space for each other on any given possession.

Exactly. They averaged higher than your typical big man in APG with high BBIQ.

BTW, you voted in the GM section.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 08:06 PM
Bro Gtfoh with all that nonsense. George Mikan 95? It legit makes the whole NBA2k ratings a joke. Your team is going to figure out what kind of offense theyíre going to play while my team has chemistry built and all my players know their role. You might win this because of spit voters but 100/100 in real life if we could legit takes all these great players and out them together + give me homecourt, itís a wrap.

KobeOwnSU
05-31-2018, 08:28 PM
I vote for barrachos.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 08:41 PM
Bro Gtfoh with all that nonsense. George Mikan 95? It legit makes the whole NBA2k ratings a joke. Your team is going to figure out what kind of offense theyíre going to play while my team has chemistry built and all my players know their role. You might win this because of spit voters but 100/100 in real life if we could legit takes all these great players and out them together + give me homecourt, itís a wrap.

What's aslo nonsense is assuming your guys will just know how to play together while magically listening to a 29 year old scrub player but my guys, all of whom know how to play in a system, will need to figure it out to the point where it becomes a disadvantage.

High IQ players and all of whom fit the style of play the Spurs have played for like 20 years isn't an indication that they will struggle to play with one another. Gasol's style right now would be perfect for the Spurs system. The way DJ played off of Larry, Parish, McHale is exactly the type of player that would go well in a Spurs system.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Jordan will torch Bowen. Jordan is much much harder to stop. Impossible to stop at that. Stop with any one defender shutting down Mike.

This is a vote for the MJ team!

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 08:57 PM
What's aslo nonsense is assuming your guys will just know how to play together while magically listening to a 29 year old scrub player but my guys, all of whom know how to play in a system, will need to figure it out to the point where it becomes a disadvantage.

High IQ players and all of whom fit the style of play the Spurs have played for like 20 years isn't an indication that they will struggle to play with one another. Gasol's style right now would be perfect for the Spurs system. The way DJ played off of Larry, Parish, McHale is exactly the type of player that would go well in a Spurs system.

Lmao so now, you got Pop running the Spurs style of offense.?!! Yet, we call BS on Phil Jackson coaching.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 09:11 PM
Lmao so now, you got Pop running the Spurs style of offense.?!! Yet, we call BS on Phil Jackson coaching.

I didn't mention Pop but even if I did, I didn't draft a 20 year old Pop and assume he has 70 years worth of knowledge though. Hell I'll be the coach and try to run the same offense.

Was Phil even aware of the triangle back in the 70s as a player?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Wait Phil didn't even find out about the Triangle until well after he played. Don't sell that **** to me that the 10th man on the bench can coach the team about a style of play he was unaware of at the time.

May as well shat on Mark Jackson's BBIWQ because he was a crap coach.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 09:29 PM
I didn't mention Pop but even if I did, I didn't draft a 20 year old Pop and assume he has 70 years worth of knowledge though. Hell I'll be the coach and try to run the same offense.

Was Phil even aware of the triangle back in the 70s as a player?

You just said youíre running the Spurs offense, yet Pop is the mastermind of the Spurs style...so you get that style of offense w/Pop for free..... and I actually use a roster spot on my coach but I canít run the offense/style? Paaaallleeeeease. I got old *** Phil JAckson running this team, if it wasnít okíd I wouldnít have done it. Phil will do what he always doesnít does thatís BEAT the Spurs.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 09:35 PM
You just said youíre running the Spurs offense, yet Pop is the mastermind of the Spurs style...so you get that style of offense w/Pop for free..... and I actually use a roster spot on my coach but I canít run the offense/style? Paaaallleeeeease. I got old *** Phil JAckson running this team, if it wasnít okíd I wouldnít have done it. Phil will do what he always doesnít does thatís BEAT the Spurs.

Well there isn't anything in the rules that says I can't play a certain style of offense. I'm not saying Pop will turn water into wine here. I said I will play a certain style and I got the players who would fit that style.

The issue here is that you are reaching by saying a 29 year old Phil is supposed to randomly supposed to have the knowledge he gained only after 20 years later? Look, you wasted a roster spot and it is what it is.

If you told me that you were going to run the triangle and you are the best triangle coach out there, then go ahead no problem. It's the fact that you are saying Phil Jackson is going to do this and that is what's ridiculous. Phil's not doing **** on your team.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:07 PM
The Zen Master would do much more than nada! Heís coaching my team for beautiful syncronized offense. Look what LBJ is doing to the Warriors right now.... now imagine MJ going off on youíre team, you have nothing to stop him, he will score at will. Pau h2H is VERY close to Duncan so thatís a wash, Cowens vs Sikma is a great matchup but ol GdiLocks is probably one of the best oldies shooting big men as he shot 92% FT!!!! The Zen Master will unleash a flurry of beautiful ball movement and adjustments, he will play Jedi mind tricks with the refs thru the series and weíll be getting all the whistles. With homecourt advantage, I donít see how your team has a chance against Phil/MJ. PLease Tell me how much of a better coach you are than Phil LMFAO
L

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 10:14 PM
But that's not true.

Duncan has never had issues spacing the floor before. Cowens is also a good shooter as well. Mikan probably could translate given his high IQ. Don't believe me? Check out their shooting ratings on 2K18.

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Dave-Cowens.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Tim-Duncan.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-Marc-Gasol.jpg

http://www.2kratings.com/wp-content/uploads/NBA-2K18-All-Time-George-Mikan.jpg

Not to mention that all 3 are great passers (all averaged nearly 4 per game in their prime with some averaging over 5 APG in their career). If they were operating in the mid range, they can create for the other big man and they can help create for guys like DJ, Parker and Gervin who have experience cutting to the basket. All my big men are lauded for their high BBIQ. I'm sure they can figure it out.We're going by 2k ratings? Lllullz OK you got me then

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 10:17 PM
We're going by 2k ratings? Lllullz OK you got me then

To be fair, it is more accurate than your assessment.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2018, 10:19 PM
The Zen Master would do much more than nada! Heís coaching my team for beautiful syncronized offense. Look what LBJ is doing to the Warriors right now.... now imagine MJ going off on youíre team, you have nothing to stop him, he will score at will. Pau h2H is VERY close to Duncan so thatís a wash, Cowens vs Sikma is a great matchup but ol GdiLocks is probably one of the best oldies shooting big men as he shot 92% FT!!!! The Zen Master will unleash a flurry of beautiful ball movement and adjustments, he will play Jedi mind tricks with the refs thru the series and weíll be getting all the whistles. With homecourt advantage, I donít see how your team has a chance against Phil/MJ. PLease Tell me how much of a better coach you are than Phil LMFAO
L

Phil would do the same as what Luke Walton did back on the Lakers. Could you imagine Walton telling Kobe what to do? Or Kerr telling Jordan what to do?

Phil Jackson is a great coach that's for sure. You do not have the Phil Jackson with 11 championships. You took the Phil Jackson in his 20s who didn't learn about the triangle until like 10 years later.

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 10:21 PM
To be fair, it is more accurate than your assessment.Ok

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:22 PM
We're going by 2k ratings? Lllullz OK you got me then

Lmao fort real, don't you know, these guys would be coaches/scouts/analyst in real life. George Mikan is rated 95, he would destroy the NBA right now and kill Joel Embiid. Lmao

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 10:23 PM
Lmao fort real, don't you know, these guys would be coaches/scouts/analyst in real life. George Mikan is rated 95, he would destroy the NBA right now and kill Joel Embiid. LmaoI would destroy all of them. I had a pic of myself done and I'm a 99 everything

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Phil would do the same as what Luke Walton did back on the Lakers. Could you imagine Walton telling Kobe what to do? Or Kerr telling Jordan what to do?

Phil Jackson is a great coach that's for sure. You do not have the Phil Jackson with 11 championships. You took the Phil Jackson in his 20s who didn't learn about the triangle until like 10 years later.

Phil Jackson would impact the game so strong, his 11 championship rings wereen't 11 until they were 1, 2, 3 ... I actually used a roster spot on my coach, you have some imaginary coach on NBA 2K, apparently with the brain of Poppovich, playing Pop style of ball.... LMAO

You're so scared of the Zen Master, I love it.

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:27 PM
I would destroy all of them. I had a pic of myself done and I'm a 99 everything

lmao bro 99!!! over! you would be barely (5pts) better than Mikan! The Beast who would kill this era 95 rating lmfao HOF!

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:35 PM
https://youtu.be/HYVPPaJqEaI

Lmao look at this ****! We're supposed to believe he can bang with legit big men talent?95 Rating? sure, if he's playing against 6'0 white guys lmao

jaydubb
05-31-2018, 10:41 PM
https://youtu.be/HYVPPaJqEaI

Lmao look at this ****! We're supposed to believe he can bang with legit big men talent?95 Rating? sure, if he's playing against 6'0 white guys lmaoReminds me of myself.. A few weeks ago, when I was playing basketball against my cousin and the rest of his 2nd grade class..

Dude... I... Was... Unstoppable...

GREATNESS ONE
05-31-2018, 10:49 PM
Reminds me of myself.. A few weeks ago, when I was playing basketball against my cousin and the rest of his 2nd grade class..

Dude... I... Was... Unstoppable...

lmao! 95 rating for sure!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 12:01 AM
I would destroy all of them. I had a pic of myself done and I'm a 99 everything

Jeez the tone changed quick. At least make it a little less obvious you have it out for me.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Phil Jackson would impact the game so strong, his 11 championship rings wereen't 11 until they were 1, 2, 3 ... I actually used a roster spot on my coach, you have some imaginary coach on NBA 2K, apparently with the brain of Poppovich, playing Pop style of ball.... LMAO

You're so scared of the Zen Master, I love it.

He's a racist so obviously I'd be scared.

still1ballin
06-01-2018, 12:32 AM
La borrachos

Oraleeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
1,2,3 Votes for me what's the score? tied 9-9?

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Lmao at the typical circle jerk crew voting for Raps team.... MJ would go off on this team, Bowen is his answer? are you kidding? In a winners take all series give MJ has legit number 2 in Pau Gasol, a DPOY wing sidekick in Artest and legit scoring big men..... + Phil Jackson.... Give that to LBJ right now against the supposed "GOAT" team now what happens?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Lmao at the typical circle jerk crew voting for Raps team.... MJ would go off on this team, Bowen is his answer? are you kidding? In a winners take all series give MJ has legit number 2 in Pau Gasol, a DPOY wing sidekick in Artest and legit scoring big men..... + Phil Jackson.... Give that to LBJ right now against the supposed "GOAT" team now what happens?

Bowen shut down Lebron. No difference we beat you all day and then you can suck on these little chinese nuts.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Lol did you really just ask guys to vote in the thread? At least as everyone to vote, not just the guys you tried to influence to vote for you.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 12:56 AM
lmao! Bowen could not even TOUCH Lebron!!! How will he touch MJ? Bro it's not even close, gtfoh. Bowen stop MJ and Mikan (95 NBA2K rating) stops Embiid.... PLEEEEAASEEE

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 12:57 AM
lmao! Bowen could not even TOUCH Lebron!!! How will he touch MJ? Bro it's not even close, gtfoh. Bowen stop MJ and Mikan (95 NBA2K rating) stops Embiid.... PLEEEEAASEEE

Well Lebron is better than MJ so just because he can't touch Lebron doesn't mean he can't defend Jordan.

Mikan all time great and top 10 center all time. #Fact #TS

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Lol did you really just ask guys to vote in the thread? At least as everyone to vote, not just the guys you tried to influence to vote for you.
Not once did I influence people to vote for my team, only to VOTE! I want more votes, you think you have the best team because the same circle of circle jerk guys vote for the same team every time, now ya'll correct. I think not. MJ would KILL your TEAM. Add in Perfect compliment players, and its ****ing ON. we May not Win but 1--% 5(ish) of the same guys voting don't know everything, it's hilarious, ya'll have had your own little click, I saw that last year.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Not once did I influence people to vote for my team, only to VOTE! I want more votes, you think you have the best team because the same circle of circle jerk guys vote for the same team every time, now ya'll correct. I think not. MJ would KILL your TEAM. Add in Perfect compliment players, and its ****ing ON. we May not Win but 1--% 5(ish) of the same guys voting don't know everything, it's hilarious, ya'll have had your own little click, I saw that last year.

Can't blame me for being suspicious can you? If I'm getting this right, he said Jordan wouldn't have had the Cavs in a position to win the game (which would imply he's inferior to Lebron). You tell him to vote at 12:53 am and when I made my post in this thread a few minutes after, you had jumped from 6 to 8 votes and he had already voted for you.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?936991-NBA-Finals-4-Cleveland-Cavailers-vs-Golden-State-Warriors-2&p=32373687#post32373687

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:17 AM
Not once did I influence people to vote for my team, only to VOTE! I want more votes, you think you have the best team because the same circle of circle jerk guys vote for the same team every time, now ya'll correct. I think not. MJ would KILL your TEAM. Add in Perfect compliment players, and its ****ing ON. we May not Win but 1--% 5(ish) of the same guys voting don't know everything, it's hilarious, ya'll have had your own little click, I saw that last year.I can vouch for G1. He asked people to vote, sure, but I never seen him once ask someone to vote specifically for his team. I voted for G1s team, simply because I have it out for raps08 09

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:20 AM
I can vouch for G1. He asked people to vote, sure, but I never seen him once ask someone to vote specifically for his team. I voted for G1s team, simply because I have it out for raps08 09

I'm Mexican too so I don't even get why.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:30 AM
lmao the guy you quoted Raps didn't even VOTE!!! lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:32 AM
LG voted against me, for you and he's suppose to be my brother. You're getting all the "typical" trendy (click) votes.. aka the crew. I learned now, being in this a few years but the facts are right, MJ/Pau/Artest/ would triangle offense your crew to death, Phil Would lead the charge and i's on. Micheal Jordan is so Great, a player like Lebron is still battling to be GOAT... you're going to stop him with Bowen?

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:34 AM
I'm Mexican too so I don't even get why.OK you don't seem that bad now

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:35 AM
lmao the guy you quoted Raps didn't even VOTE!!! lolMe? I voted

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2018, 01:38 AM

So because I voted for raps I'm part of this "little click"?

I've been straight up from you beginning that I think you're team isn't very good. Would it be a great team IRL? hell yea. You're talking about an ATRD, all these teams are amazing because they are built using the top 200 players ever...lmao.

Is it as good as the other teams in this? No, i really believe it's one of the weakest teams relative to the rest. You have no three-point shooting, your interior defense is weak, and your team lacks athleticism. Your perimeter defense? Amazing, and yes, I realize you have MJ but other than that, it's pretty damn underwhelming.

While i liked your sikma trade, it hurts you here. You have no interior defense to stop Cowens, Marc, or Duncan. Artest's defense won't help you there either. Overall, you're biggest strength is irrelevant here. He has Dennis and Bowen to try and slow down MJ. They won't stop him, but they'll make him work for his. That's all he can ask for.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:41 AM
lmao the guy you quoted Raps didn't even VOTE!!! lol

Nah Wade03 voted for you right after you posted that man

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:42 AM
**** just got real!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:43 AM

I've been straight up from you beginning that I think you're team isn't very good. Would it be a great team IRL? hell yea. You're talking about an ATRD, all these teams are amazing because they are built using the top 200 players ever...lmao.

Is it as good as the other teams in this? No, i really believe it's one of the weakest teams relative to the rest. You have no three-point shooting, your interior defense is weak, and your team lacks athleticism. Your perimeter defense? Amazing, and yes, I realize you have MJ but other than that, it's pretty damn underwhelming.

While i liked your sikma trade, it hurts you here. You have no interior defense to stop Cowens, Marc, or Duncan. Artest's defense won't help you there either. Overall, you're biggest strength is irrelevant here. He has Dennis and Bowen to try and slow down MJ. They won't stop him, but they'll make him work for his. That's all he can ask for.

Dont mind him bbig brother. We will kick him out of the facebook group

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2018, 01:43 AM
**** just got real!

It's ******** that I can't vote for the team that I truly believe is superior. So I'm supposed to choose another team because he roots for the same team as me? Cmon now.

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:44 AM

I like the head to head matchup tbh. Idk, maybe I'm way off. I woulda started embiid though. There's his interior defense

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:45 AM
lmao no he's not, he's assuming you are! what a dick, he's from Canada, his name is Mike... and he hate Mike. lmao

Reported for giving out real information about me. If you get banned I auto win

jaydubb
It's ******** that I can't vote for the team that I truly believe is superior. So I'm supposed to choose another team because he roots for the same team as me? Cmon now.Nah man I'm jus messing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But if this was baseball, I'd be rooting against your all time redraft team. :nod:

Lakers + Giants
I like the head to head matchup tbh. Idk, maybe I'm way off. I woulda started embiid though. There's his interior defense

Can't start three players from 2000-Current that's why. He already has Artest and Gasol starting.

Raps would also be able to go:

Marc Gasol
Duncan
Bowen
Gervin
Parker / DJ

Tell me that's not superior... the rules prevent that. I think it's a great matchup, but ultimately, i think Rap's depth is too much. IDK how that's so absurd?!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 01:46 AM
Can't start three players from 2000-Current that's why. He already has Artest and Gasol starting.

Marc Gasol
Duncan
Bowen
Gervin
Parker / DJ

Tell me that's not superior... the rules prevent that. I think it's a great matchup, but ultimately, i think Rap's depth is too much. IDK how that's so absurd?!

I can also go cowen-duncan-gervin-dj-parker wooooooow maximum overdrive lineup

GREATNESS ONE
OK you don't seem that bad now

lmao no he's not, he's assuming you are! what a dick, he's from Canada, his name is Mike... and he hate Mike. lmao

Lakers + Giants
Nah man I'm jus messing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But if this was baseball, I'd be rooting against your all time redraft team. :nod:

LMFAO. I mean this with the utmost respect. **** off!

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Nah man I'm jus messing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But if this was baseball, I'd be rooting against your all time redraft team. :nod:

:clap: for real!!!!! LMAO

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2018, 01:47 AM
:clap: for real!!!!! LMAO

**** your dodgers too. ASTROS!

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:48 AM

Marc Gasol
Duncan
Bowen
Gervin
Parker / DJ

Not Superior.

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:48 AM

Marc Gasol
Duncan
Bowen
Gervin
Parker / DJ

Oh.. Well **** I guess I didn't know the rules. **** me then

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 01:49 AM
Bowen, Gervin, Parker > MJ or Lebron. Bro. it's not even close but please continue.

jaydubb
LMFAO. I mean this with the utmost respect. **** off!Hahahha :cheers:

Lakers + Giants
Bowen, Gervin, Parker > MJ or Lebron. Bro. it's not even close but please continue.

No, but Marc, Cowens, Duncan >>>>>> Embiid, Sikma, Pau

Bro, you're acting like I'm saying you get blown out. I legit couldn't make up my mind and ultimately came to the conclusion that I believe Rap's team wins in 7. TBH i wasn't going to vote on this matchup due to how close it was, but for me to not vote would be a cop-out. That's unfair especially considering we only get a few votes per matchups. I'm just voting as honestly as I can. There's 2 GMs and I can only vote for 1. 1 will be pleased, the other won't. C'est la vie.

jaydubb
06-01-2018, 01:52 AM
lmao no he's not, he's assuming you are! what a dick, he's from Canada, his name is Mike... and he hate Mike. lmaoI know. Lol

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2018, 01:57 AM
Dont mind him bbig brother. We will kick him out of the facebook group

Don't make me retract my vote.

I came into this world alone and I'll be leaving alone. **** everybody else. I got no brothers. Water is thicker than blood. Homies >>> Family.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 02:04 AM
No, but Marc, Cowens, Duncan >>>>>> Embiid, Sikma, Pau

Bro, you're acting like I'm saying you get blown out. I legit couldn't make up my mind and ultimately came to the conclusion that I believe Rap's team wins in 7. TBH i wasn't going to vote on this matchup due to how close it was, but for me to not vote would be a cop-out. That's unfair especially considering we only get a few votes per matchups. I'm just voting as honestly as I can. There's 2 GMs and I can only vote for 1. 1 will be pleased, the other won't. C'est la vie.

do what you do.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 02:08 AM
I can also go cowen-duncan-gervin-dj-parker wooooooow maximum overdrive lineup

Embiid-Gasol-Artest-Jordan-MJ

Triangle offense, got em coach. You're not beating that, your front court won't dominate my front court like my cack Court with a Driven Pissed off MJ would be paying against your weak wings. Bowen stopping MJ lmao.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 02:12 AM
how do you score against my two DPOY wings? Duncan? he only averaged 17ppg in 44 matchups with Gasol.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 02:13 AM
**** your dodgers too. ASTROS!

bro... always gotta go for the low blow lol..

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2018, 02:23 AM

It's always fun. Especially when both of my teams are *** atm too. :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Embiid-Gasol-Artest-Jordan-MJ

Triangle offense, got em coach. You're not beating that, your front court won't dominate my front court like my cack Court with a Driven Pissed off MJ would be paying against your weak wings. Bowen stopping MJ lmao.

Ew at that lineup

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 10:43 AM
how do you score against my two DPOY wings? Duncan? he only averaged 17ppg in 44 matchups with Gasol.

Gervin torching real Nigz all day. Drazen the realewt euro in town

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 10:44 AM

**** both teans. Go Angels Ohtani san torching Kershaw and Bum.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Lmao whatever man.

Can someone tally/add the 3 Votes for LA Borrachos to the scoreboard. Thank you.

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm really torn on this one. I like the overall makeup and feel of Raps' team better. But his squad is somewhat offensively challenged for an ATRD game and I can't deny how much I love the idea of MJ and Pau together.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 02:55 PM
I got that nigg petro off thr bench. He a white james harden ffs

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 03:03 PM
I got that nigg petro off thr bench. He a white james harden ffs

Career 2.4 AST per game = white James Harden? :confused:

Plus, you can't play him at the 1 or 3, and he's playing behind arguably your best offensive player, so how many minutes is he really going to get in this series?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 03:10 PM
SLide ice to sf man. Easy

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 04:59 PM
SLide ice to sf man. Easy

So you're going to have a lineup with Gervin and Petrovic playing at the same time while MJ is on the floor? You do know you'd get absolutely crucified by Jordan with that lineup, right?

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM
So you're going to have a lineup with Gervin and Petrovic playing at the same time while MJ is on the floor? You do know you'd get absolutely crucified by Jordan with that lineup, right?

MJ would be licking his chops in Kill mode if thatís the case + he moves his best offensive player onto one of my DPOY wings in Artest. I think Artest would shut down Iceman.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM

MJ would be licking his chops in Kill mode if thatís the case + he moves his best offensive player onto one of my DPOY wings in Artest. I think Artest would shut down Iceman add in MJ on Petro and heís getting no production from his wings.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Yup. Thats why i took Dj. Drazen giards mark jackson

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Can someone adjust the score board? I have 3 people who voted LA Borrachos that weíre probably on their phone/app but they posted in favor of MJís team.

Score should be 15-10 right now. Kinda shocking how Lebron dominated with 0 help against the ďsupposedĒ GOAT team.... now Imagine a Pissed off MJ with a legit second option in Pau, a DPOY wing Artest and a decent supporting cast. I donít know how you vote against MJ w/o some legit defensive wing talent to somewhat slow him down.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 05:31 PM
And please Raps, Bowen isnít shutting down MJ lmao and he would feast on Petro/Gervin.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 05:34 PM
OK. So what happens when someone sets a screen for MJ and all of a sudden one your other wings is the only thing standing between him and the basket 25 feet away? I just don't think you can afford to have two really bad perimeter defenders on the floor at the same time as Michael freaking Jordan. That screams "disaster" to me.

The fact that you think gervin is a bad defender is the biggest issue here.pretty simplistic to make that assumption given rotations and matchups can change. Jordan might not even be playing when drazen is on the floor...

GREATNESS ONE

DJ got TORCHED by MJ... heís not stopping anything either, MJ averages 37ppg against him...

mightybosstone

OK. So what happens when someone sets a screen for MJ and all of a sudden one your other wings is the only thing standing between him and the basket 25 feet away? I just don't think you can afford to have two really bad perimeter defenders on the floor at the same time as Michael freaking Jordan. That screams "disaster" to me.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 05:36 PM
I liked Raps team better but voted for G1 based on matchup. Fwiw, MJ avg 39.7/6.7/5.8 in 6 playoff games vs DJ who averaged 39.8mpg against MJ

Bump.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 05:39 PM

The fact that you think gervin is a bad defender is the biggest issue here. It would be pretty simplistic to make that assumption given rotations and matchups can change. Jordan might not even be playing when drazen is on the floor...

Not to mention the fact that we have plus defemders in the paint as well to help limit the paint points. Not like jordan was a 50% shooter from midrange

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 05:45 PM
The fact that you think gervin is a bad defender is the biggest issue here.pretty simplistic to make that assumption given rotations and matchups can change. Jordan might not even be playing when drazen is on the floor...

Historically, he's known as a poor defender and good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise. You had to have known that when you drafted the guy. Even if his defense isn't as bad as it's made out to be, he's at least below average. Put him next to a guy like Petrovice who DEFINITELY was not a good defensively player, and it looks a hell of a lot worse.

Again, I'm not saying your offense is necessarily anemic, though. I'm just saying it's below average for an ATRD. You have quite a few offensive- or defensive-only guys, which makes for decent balance in some cases, but doesn't give you a ton of flexibility in terms of your rotations.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Bump.

When Reggie was the pprimary sg of the celtics

Could you provide a % breakdown of how many mins DJ defrnded him

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Historically, he's known as a poor defender and good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise. You had to have known that when you drafted the guy. Even if his defense isn't as bad as it's made out to be, he's at least below average. Put him next to a guy like Petrovice who DEFINITELY was not a good defensively player, and it looks a hell of a lot worse.

Again, I'm not saying your offense is necessarily anemic, though. I'm just saying it's below average for an ATRD. You have quite a few offensive- or defensive-only guys, which makes for decent balance in some cases, but doesn't give you a ton of flexibility in terms of your rotations.

Only boWen is the oant svore offensively. The rest of my giys (parker, dj, marc, cowens) are more than capable of scoring in a system. Not to mention his offense os the bigger issue...

mightybosstone
06-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Only boWen is the oant svore offensively. The rest of my giys (parker, dj, marc, cowens) are more than capable of scoring in a system. Not to mention his offense os the bigger issue...

Why is his offense the bigger issue? He has a great 1-2 punch surrounded by three pretty competent offensive players. His biggest issue offensively is his lack of legitimate floor spacing in his starting five. But you've pretty much got that same problem consider your only real 3-point shooter is Bowen, who was pretty much useless on that end otherwise.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 07:43 PM
La borrachos

Oraleeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 vote

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 07:54 PM
I vote for barrachos.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vote.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 08:02 PM

I donít think this counts but vote? Pretty much.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Whats the score

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Whats the score

15/16 to 10/11

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Why is his offense the bigger issue? He has a great 1-2 punch surrounded by three pretty competent offensive players. His biggest issue offensively is his lack of legitimate floor spacing in his starting five. But you've pretty much got that same problem consider your only real 3-point shooter is Bowen, who was pretty much useless on that end otherwise.

Too late now as he already won but my 1-2 punch isn't that far off from his actually, just less name recognition. Gervin never had a problem scoring in the playoffs while shooting over 50% and Duncan is one of the best playoff performers of all time.

My supporting cast has a ton of experience in the playoffs with DJ/Parker/Cowens all being multi-title winners, DJ/Parker having won FMVP and Cowens won MVP. His guys would need to rely on Jordan much more than my guys would rely on Duncan/Gervin.

If I were to even consider running Parker-DJ-Drazen-Cowens-Gasol, all those guys know who to fit in a system and play off one another. Maybe except Drazen but I could probably replace him with Deng and it would end up with some efficient scoring.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2018, 09:37 PM
15/16 to 10/11

Congrats big brother. I will make sure to beat you next time.

GREATNESS ONE
06-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Congrats big brother. I will make sure to beat you next time.

I got lucky man, you had a FANTASTIC team. Well match, and appreciate you lil Bro.

valade16
06-02-2018, 11:17 AM
LA Borrachos win.