PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals: [4] Cleveland Cavailers vs Golden State Warriors [2] Warriors sweep

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RateSports
05-29-2018, 10:15 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/NAlGkmv45l1L-3NhwVhDPg_96x96.pngVS.https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/XD2v321N_-vk7paF53TkAg_96x96.png

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oakland: Thursday, May 31, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 2 in Oakland: Sunday, June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 3 in Cleveland: Wednesday, June 6, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 4 in Cleveland: Friday, June 8, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 5* in Oakland: Monday, June 11, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 6* in Cleveland: Thursday, June 14, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)

Game 7* in Oakland: Sunday June 17, 8 p.m. ET (ABC)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/r05idc.gif

C: Kevin Love
PF: Jeff Green
SF: LeBron James
SG: JR Smith
PG: George Hill

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/in71q1.gif

C: Draymond Green
PF: Andre Iguodala
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Steph Curry

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://i63.tinypic.com/24d3tb9.jpg

Oracle Arena, Oakland

http://i68.tinypic.com/2im9cv8.jpg

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Have you been watching the playoffs? McGee hasn't been starting at C...

Ahriman
05-29-2018, 10:27 AM
I hope GS takes it as quickly as possible but Lebron is such a beast that he can will Cleveland to go 5 or 6
Unless Curry or Durant go down I don't think there's a real match between the two

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Warriors in 4, maybe 5 but Iíll be surprised if LeBron can get enough help to win 1.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-29-2018, 10:30 AM
gs in 4.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-29-2018, 10:34 AM
It's going 6 again

No its not.

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 10:34 AM
It's going 6 again

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Best players in this series:

LeBron

Durant
Curry
Green
Klay
Love
Iggy

Golden state has far too much fire power for the Cavs.

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 10:37 AM
It's going 6 again

That would only happen with help from the refs. Weíll see what happens.

Dade County
05-29-2018, 10:52 AM

You mean the script :)

The series should be GS in 4, but I also believe that it will take 6 games.

Lbj needs to pace his self, no matter what he does, GS will explode and there is nothing he can do about it. But if he tries to overexert himself just so they are only down by 11 instead of 17-21 by the middle of the 2nd qtr; whats going to happen when GS the best 3rd qtr team just comes out lights out.

Lbj just needs to have his other teammates step up the best they can, he needs to empower them. Maybe he should focus on more deep post ups, so he's not handling the ball sooo much & using up sooo much energy.

TheDish87
05-29-2018, 10:58 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SteBO
05-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Get ready for a lot of anti-GS/Durant sentiment.....

R. Johnson#3
05-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Cavs win in 6 as Lebron solidifies his spot as the GOAT.

FlashBolt
05-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Cavs had trouble scoring/defending Celtics. That won't fare well vs Warriors. At all.

Vee-Rex
05-29-2018, 11:08 AM
**** reason, **** logic, **** whatever my brain tells me. I'm going all heart on this.

Cavs in 7.

We've had GS fans lament how weak the East has been - well here's their time to be proven right. Anything less than a sweep (gentleman's 4-1 included) in dominating fashion would be pathetic on Golden State's end. There's no reason this should go 6 or more games.

According to the odds, this is the most lopsided finals in 16 years. So I'm in a bit of weird quasi-hopeful situation where I'm riding with my boys no matter what, but if we get smoked, no skin off my back.

With the world against you, let's take that last infinity stone, LeThanos!

Htownballa1622
05-29-2018, 11:11 AM
LeBron is the best basketball player on the planet and it's not close.

That is all. :)

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 11:15 AM
No its not.

Warrior fans have had the most accurate predictions for the WC playoffs. This series is no different. Read and learn

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Warrior fans have had the most accurate predictions for the WC playoffs. This series is no different. Read and learn

So how do you geniuses see the Cavs winning multiple games? Is anyone going to step up and average 20+ other than LeBron and Love or is LeBron going to average an efficient 50 while multiple others hit double digits?

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 11:17 AM
**** reason, **** logic, **** whatever my brain tells me. I'm going all heart on this.

Cavs in 7.

We've had GS fans lament how weak the East has been - well here's their time to be proven right. Anything less than a sweep (gentleman's 4-1 included) in dominating fashion would be pathetic on Golden State's end. There's no reason this should go 6 or more games.

According to the odds, this is the most lopsided finals in 16 years. So I'm in a bit of weird quasi-hopeful situation where I'm riding with my boys no matter what, but if we get smoked, no skin off my back.

What GS fans? I donít think theyíve been too concerned with the supposed weakness of the east Iíve seen. We had to fight to get out of the West. Thereís been little mention of the east.

Good luck with the series though. Im happy LeBron made it and to see youíre not packing it in before game 1 like Houston fans did

ewing
05-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Boring!

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 11:24 AM
So how do you geniuses see the Cavs winning multiple games? Is anyone going to step up and average 20+ other than LeBron and Love or is LeBron going to average an efficient 50 while multiple others hit double digits?

I never said Cleveland will win multiple games. Just speaking to the general flow of posts over these playoffs. Dubs fans have been right regarding the difficulty level of each of their series.

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 11:29 AM
I canít imagine not caring if my team loses in the championship regardless of if the other team is firmly superior. ďNo skin off my backĒ lol Something tells me that opinion is disingenuous or Dubs fans are in for reading more loseer posts from the opposite teams fans, and the fans of teams whose guys stopped playing weeks ago

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 11:29 AM
I canít imagine not caring if my team loses in the championship regardless of if the other team is firmly superior. ďNo skin off my backĒ lol Something tells me that opinion is disingenuous or Dubs fans are in for reading more loseer posts from the opposite teams fans, and the fans of teams whose guys stopped playing weeks ago

Your opinion may differ if KD joined the Cavs instead and broke the league that way and then Green left and Klay forgot how to play like Love.

Vee-Rex
05-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Who says I don't care?

I just really don't expect the Cavs to win here. There is no logical path for a Cavs victory.

Have I talked myself into forming ways the Cavs can win? Absolutely. I'll lay down those ways momentarily.

But I won't be heartbroken :laugh2: if the Cavs can't overcome a vastly superior and more talented team. It sounds to me like you're insecure about being heavily favored and don't like seeing realistic approaches even from opposing teams.

prodigy
05-29-2018, 11:44 AM
I hope GS takes it as quickly as possible

why? do you not like basketball? Lets all hope for a good series and good fun basketball. Lets all be fans of the game.

Vee-Rex
05-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Now, I'm gonna talk keys to the Cavs winning game 1, because no way we're gonna look at the entire series, boyos. Our only focus is game 1.

It's gonna be crazy in Oracle, yadda yadda. They're gonna be hyped and the arena will erupt on any made bucket. So Cleveland ABSOLUTELY has to have a strong start in game 1 to stand a chance. It's curtains if the Cavs go down by double digits in the 1st half. The WORLD expects multiple blowouts in a domination by Golden State. So maybe, just maybe the GS players will underestimate the Cavs as well. If so, this opens the doors to shocking them early on.

If the Cavs learned anything at all from the Pacers and Celtics, then they'd know they need to goon it up. Grab, hold, hack the **** out of them if they drive into the paint. Try to overwhelm them with intensity and we might disrupt their flow, which could allow our guys to take an early lead. Yes, I know it sounds unlikely, but I happen to think our defense (without Love anyway) is better than the 29th ranking in the regular season.

If we can manage to stay within reach through the 4th quarter, we have a shot to steal game 1. Put GS in a situation where they could choke. We're gonna get blown out multiple times this series, but we gotta make as many games as possible tight, and find a way to win those. And the best chance we have at winning in Oracle is game 1. Point differential in the series is irrelevant.

Me and Mr. T
05-29-2018, 11:48 AM
After watching both teams in the conference finals, there is absolutely no way Cleveland can win this series. They struggled to beat a Celtics team without Heyward and Kyrie. GS has WAY too much firepower for LeBron to single handedly win games. If Cleveland wins one game I'll be surprised.

prodigy
05-29-2018, 11:48 AM
Honest question here. I'm not trying to bait or be a smart*** just a real question looking for opinions.

No matter who came out the East at first glance most people see possibly a Quick 4-5 game win for the Warriors. lets say thats the case. Warriors win Quickly and kinda easy. If YOU are Kevin Durant, do you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment?

RateSports
05-29-2018, 11:49 AM
Skip Bayless said that the Indiana Pacers team that MJ beat was better than this year's Warriors.

prodigy
05-29-2018, 11:57 AM

Well im a very passionate Cleveland sports fan. I mean, season ticket holder for the Browns lol. I'm hoping the Cavs can win and i will be cheering loud every game. I'll be at game 4. But as i mentioned before to a couple Warrior fans Sports do not control my life. Win or lose ill wake up tomorrow and go about enjoying my life. Lebron, Love, Curry, Thompson, Green, Durant wouldn't waste their Pee if we were on fire. They don't care about us. So why would I get depressed or super angry win or lose? to me that don't make sense.

MarkieMark48
05-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Warriors in 4 and every game will be a rout. First 2 by 25+ games 3&4 by 15+.

aman_13
05-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Who wins finals mvp? Curry? Durant? Klay?

I think this is the year Curry gets it.

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 12:09 PM
Honest question here. I'm not trying to bait or be a smart*** just a real question looking for opinions.

No matter who came out the East at first glance most people see possibly a Quick 4-5 game win for the Warriors. lets say thats the case. Warriors win Quickly and kinda easy. If YOU are Kevin Durant, do you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment?
I don't think any game is quick and easy both the Cavs and Celtics present challenges. I think the Celtics would have been more difficult to deal with than the Cavs.

I'm not gonna touch on Pride too much as it means something different to everyone and I don't want to get dragged into an extensive debate on pride. I'd always try to remind people not to cut their nose off to spite their face. Pride can get in the way of making the smart and best decision for yourself. In the end doing what's best for yourself is far more important than some notion of pride that may or may not bring real value to your life. This comment has litterally nothing to do basketball and has to do with lessons I've learned, the hard way, in life.

Accomplished, why not. He worked very hard on his game. He worked very hard to get to where is he is. Every season takes both a mental and physical toll. Winning the Finals is the goal. Does the means justify the ends is what you're really asking and once again that comes down to the individual. Seeing as there is nothing moral to debate about his decision I don't see why he'd have any issue with it.

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Who wins finals mvp? Curry? Durant? Klay?

I think this is the year Curry gets it.
I think curry gets it as once again he's showing he's the engine to our team

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Well im a very passionate Cleveland sports fan. I mean, season ticket holder for the Browns lol. I'm hoping the Cavs can win and i will be cheering loud every game. I'll be at game 4. But as i mentioned before to a couple Warrior fans Sports do not control my life. Win or lose ill wake up tomorrow and go about enjoying my life. Lebron, Love, Curry, Thompson, Green, Durant wouldn't waste their Pee if we were on fire. They don't care about us. So why would I get depressed or super angry win or lose? to me that don't make sense.

First of all, ouch but respect for the browns. Second of all, agreed. People on here get way way to worked up sometimes and seem to genuinely allow for these athletes and sports games to affect their outlook or day. I hope it's just internet **** talking but with how people are today it's likely not always the case.

archdevil84
05-29-2018, 12:33 PM
cavs in 4 even tho i voted cavs in 6

BKLYNpigeon
05-29-2018, 12:43 PM
Warriors in 5. It will be the end of the Lebron James Cavs.

AllBall
05-29-2018, 01:15 PM
Watching this would be like watching a sequel to a horrible movie series.

It's like Daddy Day Care 4: Diapers Galore. Outside of Warriors/Cavs fans, who would willingly watch that garbage?

Watch the ESPN highlights and move on with life.

WaDe03
05-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Watching this would be like watching a sequel to a horrible movie series.

It's like Daddy Day Care 4: Diapers Galore. Outside of Warriors/Cavs fans, who would willingly watch that garbage?

Watch the ESPN highlights and move on with life.

Basketball junkies, Iíll for sure be watching. Wonít get to watch anymore games until October.

BDawk4Prez
05-29-2018, 02:36 PM
At least Boston vs GS would have been entertaining.

Vee-Rex
05-29-2018, 03:04 PM
If the Cavs won the title, Dwyane Wade could get his 4th ring. I wonder if he'd accept it.

tredigs
05-29-2018, 03:10 PM
I wonder if Iguodala plays at all. Kerr said that he was not responding well to treatment and that they were on to 2nd opinions on the knee.

The Warriors are overwhelming favorites either way, but Lebron will definitely be happy not to have to deal with him.

Rivera
05-29-2018, 03:13 PM

Cavs in 7.

:laugh: :laugh:

Chromehounds
05-29-2018, 03:16 PM

A bit dramatic, but I'm sure Curry won't pee on you to put out the fire but he'll find other methods. :) Anyway, I see what you're trying to say, be a fan of the name on the front of the Jersey but not the name on the back. With that said, watching sports without without any stakes wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Go Warriors!

Jamiecballer
05-29-2018, 03:17 PM
I think curry gets it as once again he's showing he's the engine to our teamGreen

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

lakerfan85
05-29-2018, 03:31 PM
This series is going to suck..

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Warriors in 5. It will be the end of the Lebron James Cavs.

What a fitting end.

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Green

Green what?

BSF101
05-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Whoop Dee ****ing Doo four yrs in a row watching the same crap over and over again.
Where is the I don't give a **** who wins option? I'll be watching the StanleyCup Finals at least
it's not the same crap four yrs in a row.

BSF101
05-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Boring!

This ^

COOLbeans
05-29-2018, 03:40 PM
mvp vote

OK gotcha. That can happen but hes defiintely not the engine that makes the Warriors go. Thats always been Steph Curry and Im glad the world now knows what those of us who watch all of the Warriors games already knew after 10 games last year,.

Jamiecballer
05-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Green what?mvp vote

mngopher35
05-29-2018, 03:45 PM
Ya as others have said this will likely be another really lame finals.

That last Rockets/GS series was the "best" and only real competition we have seen for the title so far over last couple years.

AllBall
05-29-2018, 03:54 PM
Ya as others have said this will likely be another really lame finals.

That last Rockets/GS series was the "best" and only real competition we have seen for the title so far over last couple years.

Yet it wasn't even the most competitive or entertaining series in these playoffs. Warriors were playing pretty piss poor as well, not even up to the fun and entertaining style of previous years.

TheDish87
05-29-2018, 03:56 PM
i cant imagine there is much interest in this series with people outside of Cleveland and Oakland.

Vee-Rex
05-29-2018, 03:56 PM
i cant imagine there is much interest in this series with people outside of Cleveland and Oakland.

first round exit?

TrueFan420
05-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Green

Green is heart no doubt but Curry is what makes everything go.

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Stanley Cup game 1 was Awesome! Looking forward to another great game in G2!

CHANGO
05-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Cavs roster doesn't stand a chance against W's roster. W's in 5 because JR smith and Swaggy P will get into a shootout in game 4 and JR will conquer!

mngopher35
05-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Yet it wasn't even the most competitive or entertaining series in these playoffs. Warriors were playing pretty piss poor as well, not even up to the fun and entertaining style of previous years.

I actually just posted in that other thread haha. I agree it was not nearly as high level/entertaining as you would think if two amazing all time teams were facing off and going 7 etc.

I agree other series can be better (and more competitive) but it sucks knowing they mean nothing towards a championship either which takes a little away.

FlashBolt
05-29-2018, 04:26 PM
There is no logical explanation for the Cavs winning. None. Can they outscore/outshoot/outdefend Warriors? No/No/No. Do they have the better players? No. Do they have the better coach? No. Do they have the better home crowd? Nope. If you say Cavs, you're just praying that the best player, LeBron James, is Godlike enough to carry the Cavs because I just don't see it. Will I be watching? Yes. Would it surprise me if Warriors sweep and win every game by 20-30? Nope.

europagnpilgrim
05-29-2018, 04:31 PM

Something like that 06' ref help Wade got

if that happens for Bron it could go possibly 6, I could see Bron getting Green / Klay in early foul trouble, Bron already proved he could go toe to toe back in 15' Finals minus KD

one thing is for sure and two are for certain, Dubs will cement their dynasty with 3rd ship in 4yrs, book it

and if anyone thinks or feels diff. let me know so we can put some bands on it

and I am not talking band aids, but those bands that make her dance

europagnpilgrim
05-29-2018, 04:34 PM
There is no logical explanation for the Cavs winning. None. Can they outscore/outshoot/outdefend Warriors? No/No/No. Do they have the better players? No. Do they have the better coach? No. Do they have the better home crowd? Nope. If you say Cavs, you're just praying that the best player, LeBron James, is Godlike enough to carry the Cavs because I just don't see it. Will I be watching? Yes. Would it surprise me if Warriors sweep and win every game by 20-30? Nope.

most un - bias and accurate post you have ever made on here from my view

see how much that helps when honesty just comes out? you would start feeling like me

and even if Bron was 'god like', it will still get him swept or gentleman one, for proof see Bird quote about Jordan being Godlike, and the Bulls got swept out that round, I can see Bron keeping it close for probably one game, or if two of the big 4 got in foul trouble

if Bron had healthy Irving then I would probably roll with Cavs more strongly if Iggy was hurt like now since he is the main defender for Bron

Dade County
05-29-2018, 04:36 PM
If the Cavs won the title, Dwyane Wade could get his 4th ring. I wonder if he'd accept it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article212096159.html

Varejao played just 14 games for the Warriors during their championship run before being waived by the team in February. Although he wasn't on the roster when they won the title last season, Golden State voted to award Varejao a ring. He accepted.

"They told me that there was a vote between the players and the coaching staff, and they decided that it would be well-deserved that I receive a ring for the time I spent with them," Varejao said, according to the Brazillian site sportv.globo.com. "This recognition, their affection, makes me proud and honored. I will accept this ring, which represents much more than a title to me, represents our history together, every moment I spent with them."

During Wade's time in Cleveland this season, he averaged 11.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 0.9 steals and 0.7 blocks during 23.2 minutes per game. The Cavs went 26-20 in the 46 games Wade played for them before the trade deadline. Wade then went on to help the Heat make it back to the NBA Playoffs before suffering a first-round exit at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers.

If Wade does receive a ring, he would be the second player on a Miami sports team to receive one this calendar year. The Marlins' Cameron Maybin received his World Series ring last week after playing with the Houston Astros for the final month of the regular season and appearing in six postseason games.

AllBall
05-29-2018, 04:48 PM

Wouldn't everyone else that was traded as well?

CHANGO
05-29-2018, 05:03 PM
Off topic but y'all really have to see Game of Zones in YT. LmFao I'm cracking up man. Esp if you are a GOT fan. Every episode is funny as hell.

FlashBolt
05-29-2018, 05:17 PM
Wade should not accept that ring. He's pro enough to understand the level of difficulty it takes to win one. To basically leech off of a ring knowing he did nothing on that team to deserve it would be a hit on his legacy.

Jamiecballer
05-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Green is heart no doubt but Curry is what makes everything go.somebody said series mvp. that is my pick.

nastynice
05-29-2018, 06:21 PM

Definitely, means we are still on track to cement a legacy of being the best team ever. I said it when we were facing elimination last round, the only way to be in the same convo as the Jordan bulls we have to run the table. One loss ends that convo. If we get a win, then we are still on track

nastynice
05-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Get ready for a lot of anti-GS/Durant sentiment.....

Haha, bro where you been?

I legit think this gs hate is more than anything else I've seen. Any warriors fan can have any opinion on any player/team in the league, and one way or another we get attacked for it. I've legit never seen that before, lol, it's nuts. Either we're trying to hype up ourselves or an opponent, or we're trying to downplay ourselves or an opponent...there's literally not a single take a Dubs fan can drop with out being attacked for it in some way or another, lol

krazylegz
05-29-2018, 06:33 PM
like cavs chances a hell of a lot more than i did last season,thats a fact

FlashBolt
05-29-2018, 06:47 PM
like cavs chances a hell of a lot more than i did last season,thats a fact

That's silly. No Kyrie = Good luck getting offense from J.R./Jeff/Hood, etc.,

tredigs
05-29-2018, 07:08 PM
I could see them losing Game 1 and/or Game 3. I don't think they lose any other game. And a sweep is definitely in play.

Chronz
05-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Wade should not accept that ring. He's pro enough to understand the level of difficulty it takes to win one. To basically leech off of a ring knowing he did nothing on that team to deserve it would be a hit on his legacy.

He contributed to their season more than some guys on that squad now.

Scoots
05-29-2018, 07:17 PM

I legit think this gs hate is more than anything else I've seen. Any warriors fan can have any opinion on any player/team in the league, and one way or another we get attacked for it. I've legit never seen that before, lol, it's nuts. Either we're trying to hype up ourselves or an opponent, or we're trying to downplay ourselves or an opponent...there's literally not a single take a Dubs fan can drop with out being attacked for it in some way or another, lol

Yup. Rockets fans say CP3 was injured, it's an explanation, Warriors fans say Iguodala was injured it's an excuse. Warriors fan talks about officiating they are whining, Rockets fans talk about officiating they are correct.

The reality is somewhere in between. Around here some of the Warriors fans have worked hard to alienate people so it may not just be the Warriors that are being responded to.

CHANGO
05-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Yup. Rockets fans say CP3 was injured, it's an explanation, Warriors fans say Iguodala was injured it's an excuse. Warriors fan talks about officiating they are whining, Rockets fans talk about officiating they are correct.

The reality is somewhere in between. Around here some of the Warriors fans have worked hard to alienate people so it may not just be the Warriors that are being responded to.

Well... They have a point tho, Iggy might be important but he is not KD, he is not Curry, he is not Dray... CP3 is arguably Houston best player against GSW and if he isn't then he is obviously the 2nd best. Losing CP3 is not even close to losing Iggy, Warriors should win easily even without Iggy. Rockets not.

Now as a HEAT fan I haven't seen a team more hated than the Big Three in Miami. Every great team has horrible fans, we had ours and still have them in here and outside of PSD. Same with the W's. Both teams and players are/were cocky, Warriors even more than the HEAT. So you gotta take it and enjoy the wins. If you are good you will get hated.

But to say that the W's are the most hated team is a reach. I haven't seen Curry/Klay/Kerr hate at all, Dray has earned that hate and KD earned his nickname. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSnake ohhh writing that many ZZZZZ remind me of another one... Zaza... Yeah, pretty much your guys earned the hate. But it's not that big.

tredigs
05-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Who's the best player 'Bron has played so far this post-season? Victor Oladipo?

Chronz
05-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Horford. Ain't even close

sjbirds
05-29-2018, 08:33 PM
null
Didn't Miami already break it first with the bs taking less money and signing together?

tredigs
05-29-2018, 08:52 PM

Not sure if you're being serious or not? Pretty crazy if a guy who isn't even top 15 in the league was the best player he went up against en route to the Finals.

IKnowHoops
05-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Not sure if you're being serious or not? Pretty crazy if a guy who isn't even top 15 in the league was the best player he went up against en route to the Finals.

But he did go up against the 2nd best coach in the nba. Best player doesnít mean that much if his teammates are garbage.

Iíd rather Face Kobe than face Pop all day every day.

RateSports
05-29-2018, 09:42 PM

Dog the injury card can't be used when you have 2 MVPs, an All-Star Guard and an All-Star Center.

RateSports
05-29-2018, 09:43 PM

I guarantee you LeBron saddle up with the Rockets and yall getting beat in 5.

FlashBolt
05-29-2018, 10:11 PM
He contributed to their season more than some guys on that squad now.

Which is sad and true. If Cavs win, everyone but LeBron/Korver should put their rings in a bag and hand it over to LeBron's doorstep.

IKnowHoops
05-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Which is sad and true. If Cavs win, everyone but LeBron/Korver should put their rings in a bag and hand it over to LeBron's doorstep.

Green can keep his. The man had open heart surgery and heís there 2nd best player. (Playin like it at least.

goingfor28
05-29-2018, 10:45 PM
GS in 5. LeBron will win one either game 3 or 4 in Cleveland by himself, but that's it. GS is farrrrrrr more talented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

likemystylez
05-29-2018, 11:01 PM
GS in 5. LeBron will win one either game 3 or 4 in Cleveland by himself, but that's it. GS is farrrrrrr more talented.

I feel similar to how i felt going into 2016 finals, and thats scary

likemystylez
05-29-2018, 11:02 PM
Dog the injury card can't be used when you have 2 MVPs, an All-Star Guard and an All-Star Center.

I like how looney is coming around this season, but im not prepared to call him an all star

likemystylez
05-29-2018, 11:03 PM

warriors have atleast 3 guys who most gms would rank over horford right now (and thats not intended to be a knock on Horford)

Scoots
05-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Well... They have a point tho, Iggy might be important but he is not KD, he is not Curry, he is not Dray... CP3 is arguably Houston best player against GSW and if he isn't then he is obviously the 2nd best. Losing CP3 is not even close to losing Iggy, Warriors should win easily even without Iggy. Rockets not.

Now as a HEAT fan I haven't seen a team more hated than the Big Three in Miami. Every great team has horrible fans, we had ours and still have them in here and outside of PSD. Same with the W's. Both teams and players are/were cocky, Warriors even more than the HEAT. So you gotta take it and enjoy the wins. If you are good you will get hated.

But to say that the W's are the most hated team is a reach. I haven't seen Curry/Klay/Kerr hate at all, Dray has earned that hate and KD earned his nickname. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSnake ohhh writing that many ZZZZZ remind me of another one... Zaza... Yeah, pretty much your guys earned the hate. But it's not that big.

You commented to refute a comment whose purpose was to point out that anything posted by a Warriors fan is always refuted. :rolleyes:

I generally agree that the Heatles were more hated. Though some of that came from LeBron's passive aggressive stuff.

Scoots
05-29-2018, 11:14 PM

Thus proving the point yet again.

LA_Raiders
05-29-2018, 11:15 PM
This is going to be bad; I can see lebron crying after the sweep.

likemystylez
05-29-2018, 11:16 PM
I wonder if Iguodala plays at all. Kerr said that he was not responding well to treatment and that they were on to 2nd opinions on the knee.

The Warriors are overwhelming favorites either way, but Lebron will definitely be happy not to have to deal with him.

I heard he was day to day? how many weeks is it reasonable to be "day to day"

Scoots
05-29-2018, 11:18 PM
I heard he was day to day? how many weeks is it reasonable to be "day to day"

Ask Kawhi

likemystylez
05-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Ask Kawhi

i hope iggy isnt as fed up with the warriors as im hearing kawhi is with the spurs

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 12:00 AM

Pretty much. Giannis and Embiid didn't make it far enough. He swept the handpicked #1 seed that clowns thought would knock him off.

He chased guys like Butler and George out of the conference. Carmelo tried but failed and fled. That hawks team? Teague and Milsap ran as well.

Others, like KD, were too afraid to go East. LeBron should be blamed for the sorry state of the East for sure.

tredigs
05-30-2018, 12:13 AM
Pretty much. Giannis and Embiid didn't make it far enough. He swept the handpicked #1 seed that clowns thought would knock him off.

He chased guys like Butler and George out of the conference. Carmelo tried but failed and fled. That hawks team? Teague and Milsap ran as well.

Others, like KD, were too afraid to go East. LeBron should be blamed for the sorry state of the East for sure.

You think guys like PG and Jimmy were running from 'Bron? :laugh: To go from some chance to no chance to make the Finals? Story does not add up.

AllBall
05-30-2018, 12:30 AM
You commented to refute a comment whose purpose was to point out that anything posted by a Warriors fan is always refuted.

And not a single tear was shed that day.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 12:40 AM
You commented to refute a comment whose purpose was to point out that anything posted by a Warriors fan is always refuted. :rolleyes:

I generally agree that the Heatles were more hated. Though some of that came from LeBron's passive aggressive stuff.

I mean can I just point out that most people will have their posts/opinions refuted on here in some way lol.

Do you really have a problem with the way he stated his opinion there because I think that's more of an example of being very sensitive. You posted your opinion, he posted his. I don't see him saying your just a warriors fan with an agenda or anything like that. He simply said "well they have a point" and went on to explain why he thought that (this is normal on a forum).

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 01:18 AM
Wonder what would happen if Lebron had 1 other top 15 player in the NBA(right now)

tredigs
05-30-2018, 01:22 AM
Wonder what would happen if Lebron had 1 other top 15 player in the NBA(right now)

Like someone who could put up an efficient 30/4/4 and take over in big moments along with another All Star to play off ball + rebound or something? I think he'd lose 1-4.

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2018, 01:36 AM
Like someone who could put up an efficient 30/4/4 and take over in big moments along with another All Star to play off ball + rebound or something? I think he'd lose 1-4.

lmao ;P

Chronz
05-30-2018, 01:49 AM

You left out complete liabilities defensively

Chronz
05-30-2018, 01:51 AM
Idk, he's pretty high up himself but any guys better prolly lost sooner to him. Like giannis and Embiid slash Simmons. Didn't derozen have some mvp hype?

nastynice
05-30-2018, 02:39 AM

No way. The Heatles took a lot of heat, A LOT. No doubt.

But see, hate is measured by the lack of sense. Otherwise it's just rooting against. Which is what sports is all about, rooting for something, rooting against something...

But the lack of any type a sense in all the attacks on the Warriors. It's unparalleled. In the same sentence kd is garbage, while in the same sentence curry has to "cheat" (lmao) by joining the juggernaut kd. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I've honestly never seen it, not with kobe, not with lebron, legit never.

Seriously, no matter what opinion a Dubs fan has on basketball, it's gonna be attacked. There's no way to even talk basketball in a neutral manner as a Dubs fan.

This is far and away the most extreme **** I seen, I low key love it tho, lol

I didn't bring up iguadala once during the series, cuz I knew it would lead down some random tangent. But given Houston's style of play, and the way they attack, that was a major blow. But God knows what alterior motive I would have by saying that, I'm sure the haters know better than me... :) lol

FlashBolt
05-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Always hate when people say East are weak but constantly bring up LeBron's All-Star teammates. Are we even sure Kyrie is an All-Star on the West? I mean, we know for a fact Love is no All-Star if he was on the West but why do some of you make it seem as LeBron's playing with All-NBA players every year when it's not true?

tredigs
05-30-2018, 03:00 AM
Always hate when people say East are weak but constantly bring up LeBron's All-Star teammates. Are we even sure Kyrie is an All-Star on the West? I mean, we know for a fact Love is no All-Star if he was on the West but why do some of you make it seem as LeBron's playing with All-NBA players every year when it's not true?
Hilarious comment seeing as Love is in his prime years and was a 3x All Star + 2 time All NBA 2nd teamer when he was in the West. He's been neutered by Bron ball to the point where he is simply a shell of himself now. As for Kyrie, yes, he would be an All Star (over Klay if nobody else), and we not only know that he's a playoff beast, but a beast as the Alpha of his team now that he's entered his prime.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 04:38 AM
Hilarious comment seeing as Love is in his prime years and was a 3x All Star + 2 time All NBA 2nd teamer when he was in the West. He's been neutered by Bron ball to the point where he is simply a shell of himself now. As for Kyrie, yes, he would be an All Star (over Klay if nobody else), and we not only know that he's a playoff beast, but a beast as the Alpha of his team now that he's entered his prime.

Ehhhhh, hes been playing like trash. Getting outplayed badly by Jeff green. Heís missing his open 3ís. Jeff is making his open 3ís. Tre, what did we talk about...Canít blame Bron ball making a guy the worst on the team...Kevin flourishes when he is playing well, and Kevin sucks when heís playing poorly. Could be massive anxiety...you know he has a serious problem. Itís not Bron ball.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:01 AM

I'm sorry, I should have known better not to give facts with my own opinion about why his comment wasn't right to me. :rolleyes:

Saddletramp
05-30-2018, 05:02 AM

But see, hate is measured by the lack of sense. Otherwise it's just rooting against. Which is what sports is all about, rooting for something, rooting against something...

But the lack of any type a sense in all the attacks on the Warriors. It's unparalleled. In the same sentence kd is garbage, while in the same sentence curry has to "cheat" (lmao) by joining the juggernaut kd. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I've honestly never seen it, not with kobe, not with lebron, legit never.

Seriously, no matter what opinion a Dubs fan has on basketball, it's gonna be attacked. There's no way to even talk basketball in a neutral manner as a Dubs fan.

I didn't bring up iguadala once during the series, cuz I knew it would lead down some random tangent. But given Houston's style of play, and the way they attack, that was a major blow. But God knows what alterior motive I would have by saying that, I'm sure the haters know better than me... :) lol

Man, you guys donít seem to quit crying about one thing or another.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:04 AM

Everyone can agree that Lebron has been the most criticized player since day 1 in the NBA. After The Decision it just grew. There's no way the W's or KD are taking more hate than Lebron and the Big Three in Miami. It's just simple logic, if the most scrutinized player of all time joins 2 other superstars and start dominating the league and winning chips the hate will grow more.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:29 AM
Man, you guys donít seem to quit crying about one thing or another.

Laughing. The word you're looking for is laughing

I do laugh tears tho.

Hater tears. That I stay soaking up :smoking:

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Everyone can agree that Lebron has been the most criticized player since day 1 in the NBA. After The Decision it just grew. There's no way the W's or KD are taking more hate than Lebron and the Big Three in Miami. It's just simple logic, if the most scrutinized player of all time joins 2 other superstars and start dominating the league and winning chips the hate will grow more.

He took a huge rush of hate, but a lot of it was **** he asked for. Like cmon, wtf was that party all about? lmao, how you not gonna clown him? People trashing him for doing **** like that, or "the decision", haha, it's logical. It wasn't hate, it was just him being a douche, low key tryina call out peoples crappy lives for being happy he lost, type a **** is that? It's logical to clown dude

With the Dubs, it's legit hate, no logic, pure emo. Contradicting *** emo statements, lol

Scoots
05-30-2018, 08:38 AM
I mean can I just point out that most people will have their posts/opinions refuted on here in some way lol.

Do you really have a problem with the way he stated his opinion there because I think that's more of an example of being very sensitive. You posted your opinion, he posted his. I don't see him saying your just a warriors fan with an agenda or anything like that. He simply said "well they have a point" and went on to explain why he thought that (this is normal on a forum).

I find it funny. My post was not an opinion, other than on people commenting.

Scoots
05-30-2018, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry, I should have known better not to give facts with my own opinion about why his comment wasn't right to me. :rolleyes:

But I didn't express an opinion on anything on the NBA, rather the way the talk around here goes and you replied with an opinion on something I didn't actually express. :rolleyes:

Lil Rhody
05-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Ahhh the joke that is the NBA finals schedule

Jamiecballer
05-30-2018, 09:12 AM
You think guys like PG and Jimmy were running from 'Bron? [emoji23] To go from some chance to no chance to make the Finals? Story does not add up.it's a safe bet that LeBron's dominance has had an impact on people staying or moving east. not sure why you would think otherwise, much less find it humorous.

Heediot
05-30-2018, 09:55 AM
I Might tune in, most likely pass though.

Heediot
05-30-2018, 09:58 AM
it's a safe bet that LeBron's dominance has had an impact on people staying or moving east. not sure why you would think otherwise, much less find it humorous.

I think it has to do with how a team is managed and the cap situation and assets. During LeBron's run which high end east team had the cap or assets to add a big fish, just curious?

jason
05-30-2018, 10:07 AM

Those guys got traded. Get real lol

SteBO
05-30-2018, 10:09 AM
Those guys got traded. Get real lol
Youíre naÔve if you think LBJ has little to nothing to do with that.....

SteBO
05-30-2018, 10:16 AM
He took a huge rush of hate, but a lot of it was **** he asked for. Like cmon, wtf was that party all about? lmao, how you not gonna clown him? People trashing him for doing **** like that, or "the decision", haha, it's logical. It wasn't hate, it was just him being a douche, low key tryina call out peoples crappy lives for being happy he lost, type a **** is that? It's logical to clown dude

With the Dubs, it's legit hate, no logic, pure emo. Contradicting *** emo statements, lol
I dunno man, put yourself in LeBrons shoes that year and I think you can come to some level of understanding of how he felt. Iím not gonna sit here and pretend like LeBron didnít have a part to play, but the most of the vitriol was unjustified, and it started the moment he decided to go to Miami....from a franchise with poor management.

jason
05-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Youíre naÔve if you think LBJ has little to nothing to do with that.....I say you're dumb reaching if you think teams traded them away because of Lebron

Heediot
05-30-2018, 10:39 AM
Youíre naÔve if you think LBJ has little to nothing to do with that.....

LOL if you think as trade demander/FA i would be more afraid of Bron vs. the Juggernaut in the Bay.

Outside of Boston, which did a proper albeit fast rebuild, and the Raptors, which teams were really managed well out east for premiere players to lick their chops about to join?

Teams out west are just better managed.

It's an era of talent and max contract consolidation, so there is manipulation/collusion for guys/teams to find ways to team up. The east just didn't have the max stars that the west did/does, so it's better to team up where there's more talent.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 10:41 AM

I find it funny. My post was not an opinion, other than on people commenting.

The posts above are just to make sure you remember what was being agreed with/mentioned. I see opinion and generalization there for sure that could be responded too (which he did). He gave his opinion on why some of what you say might be more opinion/logic based than hate etc. while sharing more of his opinions on the topic as well (and you do mention those NBA related things as proof/examples). This is everyday forum posting no matter what fan you are a team of but I think some people are just getting very sensitive now or something. At no point was he hating on you guys simply for being Warriors fans etc. saying it's pure agenda he just stated his opinion on why some of the reasoning might be legit for what you were saying was happening.

I really hope you aren't gonna start getting crazy too Scoots, people of all fan bases get responses like this daily when they share post/share opinions on PSD. I know there can be some who ONLY look to hate just like there are extreme homers too but his post was just a normal everyday post and finding reason to complain there just seems odd

prodigy
05-30-2018, 10:42 AM
A bit dramatic, but I'm sure Curry won't pee on you to put out the fire but he'll find other methods. :) Anyway, I see what you're trying to say, be a fan of the name on the front of the Jersey but not the name on the back. With that said, watching sports without without any stakes wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Go Warriors!

I have a blast watching sports and even talking trash to my friends and you guys in here lol. But my point was win or lose sports will never effect me as a person or how i treat others etc... I think we all know people whos whole day, week, month etc is based off sports. You know not to go near them if their team loses. thats sad. Or people who go the extra mile to bash a city, team, fan base and so on.

WaDe03
05-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Wade was the Cavs 2nd best player this year and most impactful but he wouldnít accept the ring. Heís probabky the 2nd best player in their franchise history. Cavs wonít win though. If they did and Wade accepted it wouldnít count for or hurt legacy, everyone would view him as having 3. Maybe he would accept and auction it off to charity.

prodigy
05-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Something like that 06' ref help Wade got

if that happens for Bron it could go possibly 6, I could see Bron getting Green / Klay in early foul trouble, Bron already proved he could go toe to toe back in 15' Finals minus KD

one thing is for sure and two are for certain, Dubs will cement their dynasty with 3rd ship in 4yrs, book it

and if anyone thinks or feels diff. let me know so we can put some bands on it

and I am not talking band aids, but those bands that make her dance

NBA could've made this series much better by blocking the Durant signing to GS in the 1st place. (no idea if they can actually do that lol). But that was bad for the NBA.

WaDe03
05-30-2018, 10:49 AM
I say you're dumb reaching if you think teams traded them away because of Lebron

Teams in the east have gutted their teams for young assets to rebuild or tank for years now because LeBron and thatís a fact. Lowry wanted to get out of the East but no one in the west would sign him, David West left the east after he said they canít beat LeBron.

Heediot
05-30-2018, 10:51 AM
Wade was the Cavs 2nd best player this year and most impactful but he wouldnít accept the ring. Heís probabky the 2nd best player in their franchise history. Cavs wonít win though. If they did and Wade accepted it wouldnít count for or hurt legacy, everyone would view him as having 3. Maybe he would accept and auction it off to charity.

I can see Bron joining the Rox, Melo traded out of OKC and bought out signs with Hou, Wade signs with Houston, and Cp3 re-signs. Just keep Harden, Capela and Luc (vet min).

Paul-
Harden-Wade
Bron-Luc
Melo
Capela

Find some ring chasers that can hit the 3 ball to fill out the roster. I can see the Banana boat reunion in Hou possible if all the chips fall.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 10:53 AM
But I didn't express an opinion on anything on the NBA, rather the way the talk around here goes and you replied with an opinion on something I didn't actually express. :rolleyes:

You used NBA related things happening as an example of the "hate" or warriors fans being attacked like Nasty mentioned and he responded with his opinion on those things/why they could be justified without being just hate etc.

You mentioned specific NBA related things to back up this narrative and he gave his opinion why some of those NBA related things might have justification outside hate etc. and I don't see that as an attack on GS fans either. I really don't get how this is an issue

Heediot
05-30-2018, 10:53 AM
Teams in the east have gutted their teams for young assets to rebuild or tank for years now because LeBron and thatís a fact. Lowry wanted to get out of the East but no one in the west would sign him, David West left the east after he said they canít beat LeBron.

Phx, Sac, LAL, Min (till last year) have been tanking just as long as PHi (til last year), NYK, Orl, BK....

I think in this era it's a matter of choice whether to tank, contend or just make money reaching the playoffs and filling the seats.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 11:06 AM
it's a safe bet that LeBron's dominance has had an impact on people staying or moving east. not sure why you would think otherwise, much less find it humorous.

Of course everyone should think otherwise, the west is a much harder playoff path, what you're saying makes no sense

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 11:15 AM
the west is a much harder playoff path

That depends on your perspective.

It's not necessarily true if you're joining a team with all-star talent already, like Houston or OKC or Golden State or San Antonio.

The West is rich with talent. The East is barren of talent (in comparison). In the past 8 years if you're in the East, you have 3 options:

1. Join LeBron
2. Lose to LeBron
3. Leave the East

Whereas if you're in the West in the past 8 years, multiple teams (Dallas, San Antonio, OKC, GS) have made the finals.

It's not that hard of a concept to understand.

Now if/when Golden State keeps winning over the next several years, stars will have the exact same options: join GS, lose to GS, leave the West. With juggernauts like Houston giving people hope, we just haven't fully reached that conclusion yet.

WaDe03
05-30-2018, 11:19 AM
I can see Bron joining the Rox, Melo traded out of OKC and bought out signs with Hou, Wade signs with Houston, and Cp3 re-signs. Just keep Harden, Capela and Luc (vet min).

Paul-
Harden-Wade
Bron-Luc
Melo
Capela

Find some ring chasers that can hit the 3 ball to fill out the roster. I can see the Banana boat reunion in Hou possible if all the chips fall.

Would be fun to watch but Wade said heís in Miami until he decides to retire.

BKLYNpigeon
05-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Cavs GM Koby Altman should be fired.

in the end, the only real asset they got in the Kyrie trade is the 8th pick in the draft.

couldn't they ask for Jalen Brown, Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier in return?

tredigs
05-30-2018, 12:20 PM
NBA could've made this series much better by blocking the Durant signing to GS in the 1st place. (no idea if they can actually do that lol). But that was bad for the NBA. They'd just lose in 5 or 6 by an average of 10-15 points a game like the first time Kyrie and KD did not play in the Finals. That's the funny part of all of this. The onus is on the East to bring a respectable product to the Finals (I see you Celtics, I know you tried and could get there next year).

Hint: If the Rockets had pulled off that very manageable upset (being up double digits in the 2nd half at home of a Game 7 and all), the Cavs would still get just as easily smoked. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

LOb0
05-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Cavs GM Koby Altman should be fired.

in the end, the only real asset they got in the Kyrie trade is the 8th pick in the draft.

couldn't they ask for Jalen Brown, Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier in return?

At the time the pick was an unknown so Jaylen and the pick would've been too much. They could've maybe pried away Rozier but at the time Crowder had higher value.

Remember at the time, to most the Cavs "won" that trade.

Scoots
05-30-2018, 01:09 PM
The posts above are just to make sure you remember what was being agreed with/mentioned. I see opinion and generalization there for sure that could be responded too (which he did). He gave his opinion on why some of what you say might be more opinion/logic based than hate etc. while sharing more of his opinions on the topic as well (and you do mention those NBA related things as proof/examples). This is everyday forum posting no matter what fan you are a team of but I think some people are just getting very sensitive now or something. At no point was he hating on you guys simply for being Warriors fans etc. saying it's pure agenda he just stated his opinion on why some of the reasoning might be legit for what you were saying was happening.

I really hope you aren't gonna start getting crazy too Scoots, people of all fan bases get responses like this daily when they share post/share opinions on PSD. I know there can be some who ONLY look to hate just like there are extreme homers too but his post was just a normal everyday post and finding reason to complain there just seems odd

Hehe. No. No crazy here. I wasn't actually expressing the opinions, I was using hypotheticals as examples of the way the discourse goes. That's why I found it funny someone would take my hypothetical and respond to it since that kind of response was the point. And I didn't say anything as to WHY people talk that way (hate, envy, other), just that it's the way things are.

Had the response been to nastynice about hate I would have had no comment.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 01:17 PM
The things u mentioned actually happened though, it wasn't some random hypothetical but conversations that happened in a different thread within the last couple days (where logic/common sense were used and some debated ideas).

I guess I will say I have seen a lot of complaining about general/hypotheticals but it rarely gets called out specifically (maybe it's not actually happening much?). I dunno why but if that was the intent I just would point out your hypotheticals are conversations that literally happened so he probably explained why some of those takes would make sense and not be hate (which is what you said yup were responding to and pointing out examples etc).

His post was still just normal forum posting

Scoots
05-30-2018, 01:29 PM
You used NBA related things happening as an example of the "hate" or warriors fans being attacked like Nasty mentioned and he responded with his opinion on those things/why they could be justified without being just hate etc.

You mentioned specific NBA related things to back up this narrative and he gave his opinion why some of those NBA related things might have justification outside hate etc. and I don't see that as an attack on GS fans either. I really don't get how this is an issue

I don't think it is an issue. It's just the way it is.

No need to keep this going ... it not even a thing.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Alright now worries, we can agree it's not a big deal

Scoots
05-30-2018, 01:30 PM
The things u mentioned actually happened though, it wasn't some random hypothetical but conversations that happened in a different thread within the last couple days (where logic/common sense were used and some debated ideas).

I guess I will say I have seen a lot of complaining about general/hypotheticals but it rarely gets called out specifically (maybe it's not actually happening much?). I dunno why but if that was the intent I just would point out your hypotheticals are conversations that literally happened so he probably explained why some of those takes would make sense and not be hate (which is what you said yup were responding to and pointing out examples etc).

His post was still just normal forum posting

Yes, I agree.

Heediot
05-30-2018, 01:32 PM
When LAL and SA were dominating did the players run east? SAC earlier millennium, PHX, and other string teams were still littered out west. West has just been better handled by their FO'S for the past 20 years or so. Even this year you see the west with like 10-11 playoff worthy teams, and that's with the so called GOAT team in the conference.

Does Bron have an effect on how teams are managed in the east sure. But so did Shaq/Kobe, Timmy/Pops....

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 01:53 PM
When LAL and SA were dominating did the players run east? SAC earlier millennium, PHX, and other string teams were still littered out west. West has just been better handled by their FO'S for the past 20 years or so. Even this year you see the west with like 10-11 playoff worthy teams, and that's with the so called GOAT team in the conference.

Does Bron have an effect on how teams are managed in the east sure. But so did Shaq/Kobe, Timmy/Pops....

Bron has the Jordan effect. Players know they canít beat him unless they can assemble a warriors level team. So going west on what may be a stacked team is a better option than being in the east on a team without multiple superstars

likemystylez
05-30-2018, 02:07 PM
NBA could've made this series much better by blocking the Durant signing to GS in the 1st place. (no idea if they can actually do that lol). But that was bad for the NBA.

might as well just do away with free agency if it isnt going to be free. Kind of a labor law issue too isnt it? Besides- ratings in last yrs finals were better than the last 20 yrs. We just had a crazy weekend of basketball this last weekend. KD didnt ruin anything

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:23 PM
might as well just do away with free agency if it isnt going to be free. Kind of a labor law issue too isnt it? Besides- ratings in last yrs finals were better than the last 20 yrs. We just had a crazy weekend of basketball this last weekend. KD didnt ruin anything
No. She's free to be a coward, we just get to laugh. Imagine what the playoff numbers would look like with a more competitive nba

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 02:27 PM
No. She's free to be a coward, we just get to laugh. Imagine what the playoff numbers would look like with a more competitive nba

I dunno, covered in another thread but I think casual fans etc. are more likely to tune into super teams. I actually think the NBA prefers it this way and that's why they don't implement rules for parity (hard cap, no max contracts).

Jamiecballer
05-30-2018, 02:31 PM
LOL if you think as trade demander/FA i would be more afraid of Bron vs. the Juggernaut in the Bay.

yes.

Lebron's greatness is permanent. Teams go up, teams go down. Anything can happen tomorrow, unless of course we are talking about a Lebron James injury. So yes, absolutely yes. Great teams are hard to keep together. Contracts become a problem. Motivation wanes. Players who were happy to play a role in year one lose some of their enthusiasm in year 4, etc. So if I'm in the a great player in the East I like my chances better going where James isn't than where he is.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:34 PM
I dunno, covered in another thread but I think casual fans etc. are more likely to tune into super teams. I actually think the NBA prefers it this way and that's why they don't implement rules for parity (hard cap, no max contracts).

The 73 win warriors were already just that. We didn't need such overkill. A rivalry with okc was forming. He could've gone to Washington or Boston and given the conference much needed star power. Wasn't okc going to sign an all star if kd returned? Fans love super teams. This is just suppressing 2 elite stars.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 02:37 PM
The 73 win warriors were already just that. We didn't need such overkill. A rivalry with okc was forming. He could've gone to Washington or Boston and given the conference much needed star power. Wasn't okc going to sign an all star if kd returned? Fans love super teams. This is just suppressing 2 elite stars.

Well it's still a super team though and I don't think casual fans understand or care quite enough on the rest. They just see insane talent to tune into

That's kinda my point though, many fans who followed for a long time already saw great teams going at it and the gap created etc. so they will be the ones more likely to not be as interested. You still gonna check in and watch some? I probably will. Just like those casual fans who love 4 all stars together against Lebron (being hyped with the goat) etc will be watching now too. Super teams draw some fans who normally wouldn't watch while generally speaking not turning off too many actual nba junkies who will likely tune in no matter what.

I agree with how weak the move is etc. and have said Curry will suffer from not showing his true ability type stuff due to the overload in talent/not being as needed. I was just getting to the point that I don't think GS is hurting ratings much or anything despite that.

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I feel like we couldn't truly appreciate Curry's greatness because it was somewhat stifled with KD going there, at least statistically anyway.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Well it's still a super team though and I don't think casual fans understand or care quite enough on the rest. They just see insane talent to tune into

That's kinda my point though, many fans who followed for a long time already saw great teams going at it and the gap created etc. so they will be the ones more likely to not be as interested. You still gonna check in and watch some? I probably will. Just like those casual fans who love 4 all stars together against Lebron (being hyped with the goat) etc will be watching now too. Super teams draw some fans who normally wouldn't watch while generally speaking not turning off too many actual nba junkies who will likely tune in no matter what.

I agree with how weak the move is etc. and have said Curry will suffer from not showing his true ability type stuff due to the overload in talent/not being as needed. I was just getting to the point that I don't think GS is hurting ratings much or anything despite that.
Yes, and 1 less super team to combat it.
I know what you're saying, I disagree. Gs was already on dominating the ratings, the nba was already trending up, I imagine every series being rated higher with spread out talent.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I feel like we couldn't truly appreciate Curry's greatness because it was somewhat stifled with KD going there, at least statistically anyway.
Curry does the most when kd sits, basically scoring at wilt rates

likemystylez
05-30-2018, 02:59 PM

superteams tend to drive up ratings, but overall I think there were a lot of good series in this years playoffs. Again we just came off 2 game 7s in the conference finals

likemystylez
05-30-2018, 03:01 PM
its weird, here in the bay area I listened to radio shows say the hate for the warriors is just because nobody roots for Goliath. Yet- when I was a kid it seemed like everyone was rooting for Michael Jordan and the Bulls..... and when kobe and shaq were on the lakers- there were laker fans all over the place.

brandt
05-30-2018, 03:05 PM
As much as I would love to see those cocky, whiny, sorry ***** losers (Warriors) lose, they are just too good. Talking about the players and their stupid ***** baby coach, not the fans. I see Warriors in 5, then Lebron pulling a K Durant and signing with Houston.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Yes, and 1 less super team to combat it.
I know what you're saying, I disagree. Gs was already on dominating the ratings, the nba was already trending up, I imagine every series being rated higher with spread out talent.

It's possible this is too extreme but I still don't think a lot of casual fans care/understand enough, to them it's still another super team. I don't think they are helping ratings but I also don't think it's some major hit to what ratings could be without this super team either. Based on conversations during last series irl I got the impression more casual fans (people I know that watch less than 20 games a year) wanted to see GS win because ppl hate Harden, they don't see/care about any gap and the story lines matter most (Lebron IS NOT MJ etc. too).

I mean I don't have proof, it's my opinion, so I'll just agree to disagree unless you have data or a strong point to persuade me?

Chronz
05-30-2018, 03:20 PM
superteams tend to drive up ratings, but overall I think there were a lot of good series in this years playoffs. Again we just came off 2 game 7s in the conference finals

Agreed, that's why I think kd creating a super team would be better than joining the team that everyone already watched

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 03:25 PM

Agreed, that's why I think kd creating a super team would be better than joining the team that everyone already watched

Like joining rw and becoming the best duo in the league... Oh wait lol

Would comparing 2016 playoffs to last couple years make sense to look over?

Chronz
05-30-2018, 03:27 PM
It's possible this is too extreme but I still don't think a lot of casual fans care/understand enough, to them it's still another super team. I don't think they are helping ratings but I also don't think it's some major hit to what ratings could be without this super team either. Based on conversations during last series irl I got the impression more casual fans (people I know that watch less than 20 games a year) wanted to see GS win because ppl hate Harden, they don't see/care about any gap and the story lines matter most (Lebron IS NOT MJ etc. too).

I mean I don't have proof, it's my opinion, so I'll just agree to disagree unless you have data or a strong point to persuade me?

I already think they saw the dubs as the team you mention. My logic is another great team to combat it would be best. Kind of what Houston became this year. Imagine if cp3 simply joined gs instead of forming another power. GS didn't need kd, even casuals know this. Lemme just give you my personal experience with the casuals at work. Even they knew of the record setting champs, they weren't exactly the team holding the league back. Imagine KD in a big market eastern team.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 03:29 PM
Like joining rw and becoming the best duo in the league... Oh wait lol

Would comparing 2016 playoffs to last couple years make sense to look over?
Rivalries carry their own intrigue. I know Vegas would favor that squad above any other

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 03:34 PM
I already think they saw the dubs as the team you mention. My logic is another great team to combat it would be best. Kind of what Houston became this year. Imagine if cp3 simply joined gs instead of forming another power. GS didn't need kd, even casuals know this. Lemme just give you my personal experience with the casuals at work. Even they knew of the record setting champs, they weren't exactly the team holding the league back. Imagine KD in a big market eastern team.

I agree with your logic, it seems we simply disagree with how other people might view this team haha. Like I said I am going off of personal experiences from this last series which fit into some ESPN type narratives and stuff. I just don't think most casual fans care or think about it like this or to this extent.

I can see a bump from multiple series though becoming more intriguing/competitive in a championship sense which you seem to be getting at. I definitely understand that aspect helping with a few more match ups to tune into.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 03:49 PM

LMFAOOOOO man, he was hated even before that. You are crying a lot and are blind to the fact that the W's earned that hate even more than Lebron did. Dray kicking everybody in the playoffs, that's earned. Zaza being a dirtbag and injuring Kawhi. Earneeed! Klay talking **** in the Finals and then choking a 3-1 lead. Earned. You say Lebron earned that hate but say that the W's hate is contradicting and non logical. :laugh: give me a break man, you are better than this.

People hated on Lebron and Wade for celebrating a damn dunk, then there is Curry shimmying his way to a "cute and enjoying basketball" label. Not only that, he did it on CP3 while looking at him so that "enjoying basketball" **** is off by a mile. But it's alright man, you can have your opinion. :D

Giannis94
05-30-2018, 03:55 PM
If LeGone goes to the Bucks, that would be cheating, right? I mean Him, Giannis. Middleton, and Bledshow is like hacking.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 03:57 PM
When we talk about the West being a harder playoff path can we talk about the Warriors easy playoffs path these recent years? This year they beat a mighty Spurs team without Kawhi with 60 years old Manu playing relevant minutes in a bad matchup. Then they played a Pelicans thin team without Cousins. Then they played the Rockets, the only real challenge but of course, CP3 got hurt.

Now you are going to say "that's not the W's fault", "Curry was injured too" but that doesn't deny the fact that the mighty West like some want to call it is not that mighty after all with all those injuries.

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I get the LeBron hate (though it is often overblown).

Dubs aren't exactly angels here, though. The hate is overblown but it's not hard to see why it's there. Massive showboating and cockiness will garner hate. Steph, Dray, KD, Klay, Iggy - every single one of them has been cocky off the court as well. Steve Kerr. Ayesha Curry. Mychal Thompson. Joe Lacob. From top to bottom.

Some fans might be sensitive to it, but the Warriors absolutely deserve some of the hate they've gotten.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 04:06 PM

Dubs aren't exactly angels here, though. The hate is overblown but it's not hard to see why it's there. Massive showboating and cockiness will garner hate. Steph, Dray, KD, Klay, Iggy - every single one of them has been cocky off the court as well. Steve Kerr. Ayesha Curry. Mychal Thompson. Joe Lacob. From top to bottom.

Some fans might be sensitive to it, but the Warriors absolutely deserve some of the hate they've gotten.

No Vee, that's contradictory, non logical and emo ****. W's haven't earned that hate. They do everything the right way. We can hate on Lebron for being cocky and doing The Decision or the Miami Party but can't hate on the W's for being cocky, dancing on court and having Dray diss the people of Cleveland on an interview that had nothing to do with it.

That's of course without mentioning the WELL DESERVED hate they get from Dray actions on the court (kicks and dirty plays) and the obviously dirty Zaza.

Scoots
05-30-2018, 04:21 PM
The idea that the NBA is better when there is more variety ... has there ever been a 3 year period where the final 4 were different every year?

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Just a FYI too:

It doesn't help that so many Dubs fans try to forcefully paint their team as golden angels that doesn't deserve hate. I mean, aside from Korver/Hill, I'm pretty sure the entire Cavs team/roster/coaches/owner deserve hate. I'm not gonna act like it's an atrocity for someone to dislike 'em.

That's just my two cents.

Giannis94
05-30-2018, 04:27 PM
Nba needs to contract to 4 teams and just lay the wcf and wcf as best of 40's

RowBTrice
05-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Man I hope Golden State sweeps

likemystylez
05-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Man I hope Golden State sweeps

agreed, last series was far too stressful. I want this to be a fun series with no worries

tredigs
05-30-2018, 04:36 PM
Just a FYI too:

It doesn't help that so many Dubs fans try to forcefully paint their team as golden angels that doesn't deserve hate. I mean, aside from Korver/Hill, I'm pretty sure the entire Cavs team/roster/coaches/owner deserve hate. I'm not gonna act like it's an atrocity for someone to dislike 'em.

That's just my two cents.
Draymond, KD and Zaza (essentially no longer on the team) deserve hate. Curry I get if you dislike a player who has fun and is cocky on the court (this is generally universally loved until it happens to your team too much and/or they win too much). Kerr, Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, etc are guys you have to really try hard to hate. As a play-style, they're extremely appealing and bring a brand of basketball on both ends that pushed the sport forward in a positive direction (IMO). IE, they're not the Rockets. As much as everyone wanted the Warriors de-throned, have mercy if that was the apex style of basketball.

Overall, hate all you want. That's the fun of sports.

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Draymond, KD and Zaza (essentially no longer on the team) deserve hate. Curry I get if you dislike a player who has fun and is cocky on the court (this is generally universally loved until it happens to your team too much and/or they win too much). Kerr, Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, etc are guys you have to really try hard to hate. As a play-style, they're extremely appealing and bring a brand of basketball on both ends that pushed the sport forward in a positive direction (IMO). IE, they're not the Rockets. As much as everyone wanted the Warriors de-throned, have mercy if that was the apex style of basketball.

Curry is pretty easy to hate, unless you're a casual fan who doesn't follow much. He's hella cocky on the court to the point where it can be annoying for some people. He's also cocky off the court - nothing wrong with that, as it comes with superstar territory. But it's still there.

Kerr speaks his mind and that rubs people the wrong way. I think he's a likable person, but I can easily see how some things he say could cause hate.

Klay is hard to hate, but he's cocky off the court too based on some comments he has made. Some view his dad as annoying too, and fair or not, that kind of transfers to how much people like the son (similar to the Ball family).

Iggy is egotistical. Love his game, but he's arrogant as well.

David West is the same.

Livingston - nothing really to hate on him for.

Again, paint them however you see fit, but people aren't really falling for it these days.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 04:52 PM
Iggy is out for Game 1 and Love still on protocol. That should make it a little bit easier for Lebron I guess. But still there's no way I can see them winning. Iggy or no Iggy, Love or no Love.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 04:52 PM
I mean I feel most players have something you could criticize/hate them for. We all have our own biases, personalities, actions/words we like/dislike etc. and there isn't really a right or wrong when it comes to these guys (in a general sense we don't really know tons about them to really argue these things).

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
The idea that the NBA is better when there is more variety ... has there ever been a 3 year period where the final 4 were different every year?

I don't think people want variety as much as they want to have a league where there are multiple teams with an ok chance at a title, not just one then a gap, then another and a gap, then the rest who really are too far away to compete with #1.

Rockets are the first team to really put up a challenge to GS and that series had injuries and what appeared to be very lackadaisical play. That is the best/most important series of the last 2 years in terms of championship/contender series to watch and by a decent margin probably to many (at least perception going in and taking it to 7). People just wish there were a few more capable teams at the top like when it was GS, OKC, Cavs, Spurs all fighting it out leading to 3 good championship level series in one year (as opposed to one in two years that had injuries kinda diminish it).

WaDe03
05-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Iggy is out for Game 1 and Love still on protocol. That should make it a little bit easier for Lebron I guess. But still there's no way I can see them winning. Iggy or no Iggy, Love or no Love.

Yea Warriors only have 2 other superstars and all stars to worry about with Iggy out.

Vee-Rex
05-30-2018, 05:05 PM
I mean I feel most players have something you could criticize/hate them for. We all have our own biases, personalities, actions/words we like/dislike etc. and there isn't really a right or wrong when it comes to these guys (in a general sense we don't really know tons about them to really argue these things).

True.

If someone is like, "I can't stand Jordan Clarkson, he acts like a tough guy when he's not. Larry Nance has a punchable face and whines a lot. I dislike LeBron, he's a narcissistic ***** who's annoying on and off the court"

I'm not gonna try to move mountains to defend them and act flabbergasted that someone doesn't love them.

That's all my point is. I feel I've said too much on the subject as it's not a huge deal or anything. They're just my observations.

tredigs
05-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Curry is pretty easy to hate, unless you're a casual fan who doesn't follow much. He's hella cocky on the court to the point where it can be annoying for some people. He's also cocky off the court - nothing wrong with that, as it comes with superstar territory. But it's still there.

Kerr speaks his mind and that rubs people the wrong way. I think he's a likable person, but I can easily see how some things he say could cause hate.

Klay is hard to hate, but he's cocky off the court too based on some comments he has made. Some view his dad as annoying too, and fair or not, that kind of transfers to how much people like the son (similar to the Ball family).

Iggy is egotistical. Love his game, but he's arrogant as well.

David West is the same.

Livingston - nothing really to hate on him for.

Again, paint them however you see fit, but people aren't really falling for it these days.

Yeah, again, I could care less who hates who. It's sports. If you're looking to hate you're going to find it other than from the robot players who people just don't care as much about. Look no further than Tim Duncan, who was maybe a top 5 player in history and while widely respected, nobody is out there rocking a Duncan jersey (be shocked if he was ever top 5 in sales). Curry is #1 in Jersey sales for the 3rd year running, that popularity also breeds contention.

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 05:16 PM
True.

If someone is like, "I can't stand Jordan Clarkson, he acts like a tough guy when he's not. Larry Nance has a punchable face and whines a lot. I dislike LeBron, he's a narcissistic ***** who's annoying on and off the court"

I'm not gonna try to move mountains to defend them and act flabbergasted that someone doesn't love them.

That's all my point is. I feel I've said too much on the subject as it's not a huge deal or anything. They're just my observations.

Ya that wasn't aimed at you FYI, just a general response to multiple peoples posts on the subject. I think you fairly pointed out your own team like Lebron/Gilbert "earned hate" or whatever so you seem to get it happens/is earned in many ways even relating to your own team.

That's the basic point, if you think someone probably has done something that could be hated on you are probably right. If you think there is no way someone could hate someone you are probably more of a homer. Like Tre said greatness+some personality can really lead to popularity/hate so any super team probably gets some at the very least.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:19 PM

True.

I agree, but gotta remember what caused this conversation. It was nastynice saying that W's receive undeserved hate that didn't made sense. Then said the Heatles deserved the hate and W's not. So that's why we are having this debate. I can't agree more in hating players for different reasons (some of them stupid). But that happens when you are passionate towards something.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:25 PM
BTW someone asked who would be Finals MVP, for me this has to be Durant's biggest opportunity. I'm just thinking who the Cavs have to stop a 7'1" athletic shooter? They are not putting Lebron on him because he will be dead in the 3rd quarter. They'll probably put Green and he isn't exactly a defensive stopper. In fact the Cavs have none defensive stoppers. They have a bunch of uni-dimensional guys who either can shoot, score or do none. :laugh:

I'm loving Korver in this playoffs and I can't agree more that he is an intelligent team defender but imagine him defending KD :( that would be a massacre. Imagine Love... OUCH! I don't see who can stop him it's his FMVP.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:27 PM
I guess we'll see a lot of Dray open jumpshots too. Since they'll be double teaming Durant or trapping Curry. Maybe?

Jamiecballer
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
superteams tend to drive up ratings, but overall I think there were a lot of good series in this years playoffs. Again we just came off 2 game 7s in the conference finalsit might have been the first time in 30 years that both conference finals went 7 and yet the games were frequently not close or in doubt for very long. I think a lot of fans would have preferred quality over quantity

nastynice
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
That depends on your perspective.

It's not necessarily true if you're joining a team with all-star talent already, like Houston or OKC or Golden State or San Antonio.

The West is rich with talent. The East is barren of talent (in comparison). In the past 8 years if you're in the East, you have 3 options:

1. Join LeBron
2. Lose to LeBron
3. Leave the East

Whereas if you're in the West in the past 8 years, multiple teams (Dallas, San Antonio, OKC, GS) have made the finals.

It's not that hard of a concept to understand.

Now if/when Golden State keeps winning over the next several years, stars will have the exact same options: join GS, lose to GS, leave the West. With juggernauts like Houston giving people hope, we just haven't fully reached that conclusion yet.

I get the concept, I question wether that's reality

Jamiecballer
05-30-2018, 05:36 PM
its weird, here in the bay area I listened to radio shows say the hate for the warriors is just because nobody roots for Goliath. Yet- when I was a kid it seemed like everyone was rooting for Michael Jordan and the Bulls..... and when kobe and shaq were on the lakers- there were laker fans all over the place.you don't have a Jordan or LeBron though. there is no transcendent, larger than life talent.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 05:39 PM
it might have been the first time in 30 years that both conference finals went 7 and yet the games were frequently not close or in doubt for very long. I think a lot of fans would have preferred quality over quantity

I agree, this playoffs have been pretty meh IMO, same with last year. For me is not about who is playing rather than HOW they are winning. Like you said, C's/Cavs and W's/Rockets went to 7 games but those games were rarely close. Lot of blowouts, stars sitting with 7 mins left in the 4th and lot of 3pointers.

I would see 10 consecutive years of Lebron facing the W's if 80% of the games went to the wire. But that's not how it goes. It's either win by 10 or win by 20.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 05:43 PM
LMFAOOOOO man, he was hated even before that. You are crying a lot and are blind to the fact that the W's earned that hate even more than Lebron did. Dray kicking everybody in the playoffs, that's earned. Zaza being a dirtbag and injuring Kawhi. Earneeed! Klay talking **** in the Finals and then choking a 3-1 lead. Earned. You say Lebron earned that hate but say that the W's hate is contradicting and non logical. :laugh: give me a break man, you are better than this.

People hated on Lebron and Wade for celebrating a damn dunk, then there is Curry shimmying his way to a "cute and enjoying basketball" label. Not only that, he did it on CP3 while looking at him so that "enjoying basketball" **** is off by a mile. But it's alright man, you can have your opinion. :D

I know,amd when bogut set a moving screen he was dirty, etc etc. That's what I'm saying, emo

Emo as hell :cool: lol

nastynice
05-30-2018, 05:46 PM

Haha, this is what I'm saying, bringing up wives and fathers. Literally ANYTHING. Next thing people gonna be bringing up the parking staff at oracle as a good reason to hate on the Dubs!

nastynice
05-30-2018, 05:49 PM
No Vee, that's contradictory, non logical and emo ****. W's haven't earned that hate. They do everything the right way. We can hate on Lebron for being cocky and doing The Decision or the Miami Party but can't hate on the W's for being cocky, dancing on court and having Dray diss the people of Cleveland on an interview that had nothing to do with it.

That's of course without mentioning the WELL DESERVED hate they get from Dray actions on the court (kicks and dirty plays) and the obviously dirty Zaza.

I'm not saying wether the hate is deserved or not. It actually is, we beat injured cavs for a title, won 73 games, ran the playoffs 16-1,amd win games against the 2nd best team only playing a half... The hate is well deserved

But anyway, another example right here. I'm commenting about how the hate level is higher, people twist it into saying Dubs fans are calling this team angels. lol, wtf. Who said that? And then continue attacking that fabricated stance, lol, the hell is going on?

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 06:04 PM

I'm not saying wether the hate is deserved or not. It actually is, we beat injured cavs for a title, won 73 games, ran the playoffs 16-1,amd win games against the 2nd best team only playing a half... The hate is well deserved

But anyway, another example right here. I'm commenting about how the hate level is higher, people twist it into saying Dubs fans are calling this team angels. lol, wtf. Who said that? And then continue attacking that fabricated stance, lol, the hell is going on?

A lot of it was stuff he asked for? You don't think that is getting toward what is deserved. How you not gonna clown him? Kinda sounds like that means you think it must have been deserved to... "clown him".

Warrior hate is simply illogical emo stuff but Lebron hate is logical because...

I have no idea where someone would get the impression you were trying to justify hate for one side and claiming it was illogical on the other as if it's more deserved in some instances... You didn't simply argue one was higher than the other on the hate scale or whatever, you called one side illogical and defended your home team Warriors calling that hate illogical etc.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:18 PM
I agree, but gotta remember what caused this conversation. It was nastynice saying that W's receive undeserved hate that didn't made sense. Then said the Heatles deserved the hate and W's not. So that's why we are having this debate. I can't agree more in hating players for different reasons (some of them stupid). But that happens when you are passionate towards something.

No friend, what I did was show you the difference between rooting against and hating on.

Rooting against lebron : I hope he loses, I don't like him, he's no Jordan, hope he gets swept

Hating against lebron: lebron sucks, he needed Wade to carry him to a title, Ray Allen won him a title

See the diff, one is emo and just makes no sense. One is just rooting against a guy or team

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:20 PM
A lot of it was stuff he asked for? You don't think that is getting toward what is deserved. How you not gonna clown him? Kinda sounds like that means you think it must have been deserved to... "clown him".

Warrior hate is simply illogical emo stuff but Lebron hate is logical because...

I have no idea where someone would get the impression you were trying to justify hate for one side and claiming it was illogical on the other as if it's more deserved in some instances... You didn't simply argue one was higher than the other on the hate scale or whatever, you called one side illogical and defended your home team Warriors calling that hate illogical etc.

No, cuz you can clown him for his antics and root against him, but still recognize how great a player he is and what he's doing on the court

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 06:35 PM
No, cuz you can clown him for his antics and root against him, but still recognize how great a player he is and what he's doing on the court

It's clear as day, you are justifying the hate from one side as logical and calling the other side illogical. You are calling one side rooting against and the other hate now basically but the idea was who is getting most hate and you went off on how it was asked for etc. from Lebron.

He posted about Lebron getting the most hate (whether agree or not that was his basic idea of the post is he had most hate)

YOU tried to justify that hate as logical, say he deserved to be clowned, brought it on himself etc. as if he deserved it while saying the Warriors hate was illogical.

Then you said something like "I'm commenting about how the hate level is higher, people twist it into saying Dubs fans are calling this team angels. lol, wtf. Who said that? And then continue attacking that fabricated stance, lol, the hell is going on?" creating your own false narrative about the topic while complaining about others doing so.

I really shouldn't have to lay out what you have recently said within the same thread so often to you (like last series thread where it took 3 different posts for you to realize valade was responding to what you had asked for).

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:48 PM
lol, bro! Another example, when taking context into account valades post didnt actually address my point. But you still bringing it up!

Either way, that's fine, feel how you want to feel. I have never seen a situation where the hate is so out of control that you literally cannot have a stance without being attacked for IT. That includes everything, from positive or negative about our own squad to positive or negative about the opponent. What else option is left? lol. Not a single opinion can be voiced without someone saying you got an agenda, haha, whatever that means. If you've seen it before, cool, we musta lived in alternate realities, but this the first time I've seen it. In any sport

nastynice
05-30-2018, 06:50 PM
I stay getting dragged into these weird *** convos. Only online!

mngopher35
05-30-2018, 06:51 PM
lol, bro! Another example, when taking context into account valades post didnt actually address my point. But you still bringing it up!

Either way, that's fine, feel how you want to feel. I have never seen a situation where the hate is so out of control that you literally cannot have a stance without being attacked for IT. That includes everything, from positive or negative about our own squad to positive or negative about the opponent. What else option is left? lol. Not a single opinion can be voiced without someone saying you got an agenda, haha, whatever that means. If you've seen it before, cool, we musta lived in alternate realities, but this the first time I've seen it. In any sport

I bring it up because it fits within the context of you constantly ignoring what has previously been said (even from yourself apparently). We shouldn't need to have this discussion again but I said multiple times I wasn't saying it didn't, I was pointing out an obvious fact (you asked specifically which fans had said it and he showed them). You argue things I never bring up then whine about others doing it to you (when it didn't really happen).

I truly think you are the extreme here, not everyone else/the warriors. You can have any opinion you want lol, it is 85% about the individual and how they go about their arguing/posting. I don't have to do this for anyone else but you and there are multiple other warriors fans I have had discussions with.

EDIT: Changed 100% to 85%. You will actually get hate either way tbh as a warriors fan but some get far less than others

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 07:13 PM
I know,amd when bogut set a moving screen he was dirty, etc etc. That's what I'm saying, emo

Emo as hell :cool: lol

Cry me a river lmao

warfelg
05-30-2018, 07:18 PM

ďNo one knew who I wasĒ.

Either heís a dumb *** or Ashton Kutcher/Impractical Joker Guys are in a van punking is all.

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 07:22 PM
No friend, what I did was show you the difference between rooting against and hating on.

Rooting against lebron : I hope he loses, I don't like him, he's no Jordan, hope he gets swept

Hating against lebron: lebron sucks, he needed Wade to carry him to a title, Ray Allen won him a title

See the diff, one is emo and just makes no sense. One is just rooting against a guy or team

Friend. Now you are not making any sense.

You first say "he deserved the hate but it wasn't hate it was something logical to clown", so therefore it's hate that you don't consider hating because he brought it upon himself by being a "douche" for doing stuff that Warriors players do...

I think you are the one going "emo" (lol really? We still using "emo" as an insult) on us. Chill... Bro...

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 07:25 PM
It's clear as day, you are justifying the hate from one side as logical and calling the other side illogical. You are calling one side rooting against and the other hate now basically but the idea was who is getting most hate and you went off on how it was asked for etc. from Lebron.

He posted about Lebron getting the most hate (whether agree or not that was his basic idea of the post is he had most hate)

YOU tried to justify that hate as logical, say he deserved to be clowned, brought it on himself etc. as if he deserved it while saying the Warriors hate was illogical.

Then you said something like "I'm commenting about how the hate level is higher, people twist it into saying Dubs fans are calling this team angels. lol, wtf. Who said that? And then continue attacking that fabricated stance, lol, the hell is going on?" creating your own false narrative about the topic while complaining about others doing so.

I really shouldn't have to lay out what you have recently said within the same thread so often to you (like last series thread where it took 3 different posts for you to realize valade was responding to what you had asked for).

Thank you! Someone gets it!

CHANGO
05-30-2018, 07:26 PM

It's ok man, let it all out. We love you in here. No hating.

Don't worry tomorrow you'll have NBA and in a couple of weeks your team will have a championship. There's no reason to be sad.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 07:56 PM

The only player that annoys me a little is Dray. But not really anymore since he doesnít kick balls no more. Thatís all I hated him for cause, Iím a man. Take ball kicks personally. May the best team win! Gotta respect any player that does work. I like the entire GS team. I am on an island but I like what they did. They pushed the envelop. Another 1 or 2 superpower teams on there level will rise up probably next year and we will all get to see probably the 2 or 3 best teams ever because of GS.

Itís prisoner of the moment ďpissed offĒ going around, and I understand it, but the reason I love watching Bron, is the same reason I like what GS did. I like seeing domination. I like seeing greatness. Yes GS beat everyone to the punch, but with free agency, and the talent available, it wonít be hard for a few teams to rise up and equal or even surpass them.

Iím excited, especially since GS players are aging faster than Bron. He will be able to beat them if he gets the right team. He may not, but he will be there to have an opportunity as the best player in the world on a stacked team next season so we will see.

Saddletramp
05-30-2018, 08:12 PM

ďNo one knew who I wasĒ.

Either heís a dumb *** or Ashton Kutcher/Impractical Joker Guys are in a van punking is all.

What a passive aggressive little *****.

Saddletramp
05-30-2018, 08:17 PM
The only player that annoys me a little is Dray. But not really anymore since he doesnít kick balls no more. Thatís all I hated him for cause, Iím a man. Take ball kicks personally. May the best team win! Gotta respect any player that does work. I like the entire GS team. I am on an island but I like what they did. They pushed the envelop. Another 1 or 2 superpower teams on there level will rise up probably next year and we will all get to see probably the 2 or 3 best teams ever because of GS.

Itís prisoner of the moment ďpissed offĒ going around, and I understand it, but the reason I love watching Bron, is the same reason I like what GS did. I like seeing domination. I like seeing greatness. Yes GS beat everyone to the punch, but with free agency, and the talent available, it wonít be hard for a few teams to rise up and equal or even surpass them.

Iím excited, especially since GS players are aging faster than Bron. He will be able to beat them if he gets the right team. He may not, but he will be there to have an opportunity as the best player in the world on a stacked team next season so we will see.

Hoping thereís another free $23 million soon to spend on the salary cap while one of the Top 2 players* in the league is a free agent!

Heíll have to have a vagina, tho

TO Rapz
05-30-2018, 09:17 PM
I love KD

JordansBulls
05-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Skip Bayless said that the Indiana Pacers team that MJ beat was better than this year's Warriors.

They were about the same level overall, so I wouldn't say better. However I will say that the 1998 Pacers would have beaten every championship teams except the 2001 Lakers and maybe 2017 Warriors in the 2000's.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Cry me a river lmao

Nahh mean!! :nod:

This river bout to overflow too, starting tomorrow probably haha

nastynice
05-30-2018, 10:07 PM
They were about the same level overall, so I wouldn't say better. However I will say that the 1998 Pacers would have beaten every championship teams except the 2001 Lakers and maybe 2017 Warriors in the 2000's.

Crazy extreme take. They weren't THAT good

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Hoping thereís another free $23 million soon to spend on the salary cap while one of the Top 2 players* in the league is a free agent!

Heíll have to have a vagina, tho

Only two syllables in this world that matter.

Pósy.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 10:15 PM

And this dude was a mod? Lol

Fó- no!

Every other Spurs team for the last 20 years would beat that Pacers team. What a joke.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2018, 10:16 PM
Crazy extreme take. They weren't THAT good

Wow!!!! We agree

Giannis94
05-30-2018, 10:18 PM

Fó- no!

Every other Spurs team for the last 20 years would beat that Pacers team. What a joke.

He used to be a good poster. I feel like I saw him back when I first joined unless I'm thinking of someone else. He was competent when I got my first infraction when I was in Italy and how somehow stumbled on the site (after not being able to fall asleep as I was wired af, got in at night and slept on the airplane) and asked Cubs fans why they hated batman and then had a discussion about it.

JordansBulls
05-30-2018, 10:25 PM

Fó- no!

Sure they were good, they would beat the Spurs teams and any team in the 2000's outside of the 2001 Lakers and 2017 Warriors.

COOLbeans
05-30-2018, 10:26 PM
it might have been the first time in 30 years that both conference finals went 7 and yet the games were frequently not close or in doubt for very long. I think a lot of fans would have preferred quality over quantity

Dude. Itís ****ing basketball. There will be blowouts. And there will be close games. To infer that those series lacked quality when they went 7 games is proposterous. When did it all become what fans prefer? Lol itís basketball!

aman_13
05-30-2018, 10:30 PM
IT wants his ring if the Cavs win :laugh2:

COOLbeans
05-30-2018, 10:30 PM
I agree, this playoffs have been pretty meh IMO, same with last year. For me is not about who is playing rather than HOW they are winning. Like you said, C's/Cavs and W's/Rockets went to 7 games but those games were rarely close. Lot of blowouts, stars sitting with 7 mins left in the 4th and lot of 3pointers.

I would see 10 consecutive years of Lebron facing the W's if 80% of the games went to the wire. But that's not how it goes. It's either win by 10 or win by 20.

As a Warrior fan I was saying I was bored with the way GS plays for years now. Really ever since they got KD. But I also hate he constant 3s and motion offenses. I feel like the analytics piece has taken the true spirit or soul if you will out of the game. Using math to make decisions isnít truly basketball and I donít think itís been good for the game overall. Not just in regards to the top teams

COOLbeans
05-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Cry me a river lmao

Literally what I think everytime I read game threads with the Warriors. Cry me a ****ing river yíall. Justin Timberlake mother******

COOLbeans
05-30-2018, 10:36 PM

ďNo one knew who I wasĒ.

I rarely watched Okc outside of the playoffs or against the Dubs. Whatís your point?

Chronz
05-30-2018, 10:44 PM
Wait. Love is out? They kind of need him

Jamiecballer
05-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Dude. Itís ****ing basketball. There will be blowouts. And there will be close games. To infer that those series lacked quality when they went 7 games is proposterous. When did it all become what fans prefer? Lol itís basketball!obviously you found it entertaining and that's fine.

But I have my doubts you can find many, if any, non Rocket/Warrior fans who think either team played anywhere near their potential, or that the games were riveting back and forth action.

those series were both more entertaining between games - for all the conversation they inspired - than they were on the court.

nastynice
05-30-2018, 10:52 PM
obviously you found it entertaining and that's fine.

But I have my doubts you can find many, if any, non Rocket/Warrior fans who think either team played anywhere near their potential, or that the games were riveting back and forth action.

those series were both more entertaining between games - for all the conversation they inspired - than they were on the court.

Don't worry, warriors cavs will be quite riveting. LeBron always shows up, so if Dubs go no show it'll be riveting for the upset, or the Dubs will be riveting themselves to get a win

I can't imagine any non riveting situation. Thanks to lebron and his consistency

COOLbeans
05-30-2018, 11:03 PM
obviously you found it entertaining and that's fine.

Ill respect this take

FlashBolt
05-30-2018, 11:36 PM
I rarely watched Okc outside of the playoffs or against the Dubs. Whatís your point?

How big of an NBA fan are you if you rarely watched the 2nd best player in the NBA?

FlashBolt
05-30-2018, 11:36 PM
I hate Rodney Hood and he absolutely sucks but I think he will play some huge minutes...

Chronz
05-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Dude. Itís ****ing basketball. There will be blowouts. And there will be close games. To infer that those series lacked quality when they went 7 games is proposterous. When did it all become what fans prefer? Lol itís basketball!
It's ****ing basketball today that's for sure. I've seen competitive 5 game series. When the sub.500 hawks pushed the eventual championship 7 games, nobody ever really thought they could win. It went 7 but anyone who knows basketball knows both the pistons n Lakers did better

FlashBolt
05-31-2018, 12:02 AM
Fun stat for Cavs vs Celtics series. Love was the 2nd highest scorer for Cleveland in the series. He ranks 6th for the Celtics in scoring if he was on the Celtics. Cavs should not have won that series.

Chronz
05-31-2018, 12:15 AM
Man the media is really ******** on kd this morning. Dude will be one of those players who might've been considered greater had he sacked up

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Man the media is really ******** on kd this morning. Dude will be one of those players who might've been considered greater had he sacked up

I feel bad for the dude. I think the only way heíll get respect is if he teamed up with Lebron and won mvp and finals mvp over him.

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 12:24 AM
I feel bad for the dude. I think the only way heíll get respect is if he teamed up with Lebron and won mvp and finals mvp over him.

Or go to a trash team, Carry them to the finals and drop 50 a game in a loss. He may want to consider teaming up with Wall and Beal and Carry them to the finals with Scott brooks. He could get his place in history if he can do something special like Bron. Also it would be better for Curryís legacy.

Saddletramp
05-31-2018, 12:35 AM
^Did you just quote yourself?

And what the **** does this mean?:

Only two syllables in this world that matter.

Pósy.

Chronz
05-31-2018, 12:36 AM

Why? Curry got him that and everyone knows whos team it is

Chronz
05-31-2018, 12:38 AM

Forgot to switch to flashbolt

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 12:50 AM

1. Yes

2. Was trying to make a joke by quoting a skit before a two chains song. Guess it didnít go over.

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 12:51 AM
Why? Curry got him that and everyone knows whos team it is

Curry ainít Bron

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 12:52 AM

Dó- really? So I go back and forth with myself pissing on, and then praising the Admiral. You might as well be my third alt.

numba1CHANGsta
05-31-2018, 01:37 AM
The Cavs played the same team in the same exact rounds from last season lol IND-TOR-BOS-GS

Saddletramp
05-31-2018, 04:44 AM

Hilarious

Dó- really? So I go back and forth with myself pissing on, and then praising the Admiral. You might as well be my third alt.

Also hilarious.

Chronz
05-31-2018, 05:18 AM

That would be a truly masterful long con

IKnowHoops
05-31-2018, 05:34 AM
That would be a truly masterful long con

Beyond Masterful

Chronz
05-31-2018, 06:01 AM
Beyond Masterful
Definitely.

Chronz
05-31-2018, 06:02 AM
Definitely.

Impossibly so

Heediot
05-31-2018, 07:50 AM
yes.

Lebron's greatness is permanent. Teams go up, teams go down. Anything can happen tomorrow, unless of course we are talking about a Lebron James injury. So yes, absolutely yes. Great teams are hard to keep together. Contracts become a problem. Motivation wanes. Players who were happy to play a role in year one lose some of their enthusiasm in year 4, etc. So if I'm in the a great player in the East I like my chances better going where James isn't than where he is.

Bron has the Jordan effect. Players know they canít beat him unless they can assemble a warriors level team. So going west on what may be a stacked team is a better option than being in the east on a team without multiple superstars

This is what happened. Bron felt he couldn't beat the Celtics with his team in Cleveland the first time around and left and built a Super Team in Miami. You can give him credit for opening the free agency floo gates in terms of teaming up/creating oining a super team. He was countering the Celtics. BK wasn;t afraid of Bron when they tried to build a championship/superteam, last time I checked they were in the east too, and they built they're team in Bron's perceived Prime years.

Once the super team trend started it was all about roster/cap/asset management, it just so happened that the west teams had better rosters and winning cultures that joining one of those teams gave you a better chance at the title, not specifically because LeBron was out east. Like I said teams were still competing with the heavy weights out west for the last 20 years. Sure great teams/players/coaches effect the rest of the league, and there are paths ideally people want to avoid. But history has shown that if you have the potential seeds and conditions to win a title you will attract the big fish regardless of geography. In this day and age it's also about relationships and buddy-buddy aspect in recruiting, it just so happens most of the stars are out west, so it's more likely guys will team up out west.

LeBron left again when he felt he couldn't beat the Spurs in Miami, and created a younger Super team in Cleveland with guys who were supposed to be more ideal fits offensively. AS great as he is, it's not just others teaming up, he is doing it himself and will probably take another shot this offseason too. That's just how it is in today's league. You will basically have teams aiming for 3 max contracts, hopefully all allstars, and hopefully manage the roster well enough with the supporting pieces. Balanced rosters are rare in this day and age due to how the cap structure and how teams want to build around max contract players.

In Jordan's era, there were more balanced teams because there was no max contracts. Teaming up in free agency wasn't really an option, the money was too good if you were a star free agent. Teams were building off of one or two stars but had more balanced help. if you took Jordan out of the league the parity was unreal.

I don't think guys ran away fron Jordan either. Yeah Barkley got traded to the suns, and Shaq left for hollywood, so both did head west. The former was because the Suns offered Philly the best trade package and they took it, The latter was because Shaq wanted to Kazaam his hollywood career, and also his rap game. Shaq was about other things besides ball, you can even see it now with all his sponsorships and commercials. Knicks were trying to build a pistons bad boy in the hpes of countering Jordan. Magic had a good thing going with the Shaq/Penny era, they could've been something if both were healthy and in their primes in Orlando. That was a pretty solid staring 5, just needed better preimter defense but offensively it was pretty ideal. They had the shooters to surrond Shaq, a secondary scorer in Penny, good 3-5 options in #D-Anderson-Horace. Horace was also a nice complement to Shaq with his mid range shooting and defense. With the way the cba was structured, it was a tonne harder to build super teams back, especially via free agency.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-31-2018, 09:11 AM
Wooo yeah!!!! who else is pumped up and emotional for tonight!!!!!

jk

WaDe03
05-31-2018, 10:26 AM

EVERYONE knew who the **** he was.

WaDe03
05-31-2018, 10:28 AM
JordanBulls those Pacers teams would get ****ing dominated by majority of the championship teams. I canít stand the clowns who are stuck in their era and dick ride everything they did. Players are better now than ever.

COOLbeans
05-31-2018, 11:04 AM
How big of an NBA fan are you if you rarely watched the 2nd best player in the NBA?

Idgaf about hick teams like OkC. They shouldíve stayed in Seattle

COOLbeans
05-31-2018, 11:09 AM
EVERYONE knew who the **** he was.

Sure. Though the only time I watched him play was in the playoffs and against the Warriors. I think the quote was ďa lot of people didnít watch me playĒ not people donít know who I am.