PDA

View Full Version : Which cavs team is better?

More-Than-Most
05-26-2018, 02:55 AM
07 Cavs or this years cavs... As bad as that 07 cavs team was around lebron they might actually be better than this years version which is insane.

Jewelz0376
05-26-2018, 03:24 AM
This years Cavs. Iíd take Love over anybody on that 07 cavs team

More-Than-Most
05-26-2018, 03:38 AM

have you watched love in these playoffs? His rebounding is the only thing saving him from a god awful playoffs.

IKnowHoops
05-26-2018, 04:07 AM
Never thought Iíd say this but I think 07 was better because they played consistent defense. Now I do think the current team has a higher ceiling and higher peaks overall, but they so dang inconsistent. Lebron is just an unstoppable offensive weapon now. His offense is much more consistent

LaVar Ball
05-26-2018, 06:14 AM

Kevin Love sucks bro

Vee-Rex
05-26-2018, 10:34 AM
Kevin Love has not been playing well.

That said, this Cavs team is better, even if only by a little. Its offense is far more explosive when guys like Love, Korver, and JR get hot. The defense is deceptively good when they lock in and focus.

That's not saying much - I know this Cavs team isn't that good. But that 2007 team was atrocious, I don't think you guys remember it that well. The '08 and '09 Cavs teams were pretty good, and elite defensively, but that '07 team was trash.

Rivera
05-26-2018, 10:43 AM
so basically a rotation of:

Drew Gooden/Daniel Gibson/Sasha Pavlovic/Big Z/Anderson Varejao

with spurts of Damon Jones/Donyell Marshall/Eric Snow/Larry Hughes

vs

Kevin Love/Tristan Thompson/George Hill/JR Smith/Jeff Green

with spurts of Larry Nance/Jordan Clarkson/Kyle Korver

The top team is tougher and a bit more consistent on D

The bottom team I agree has a higher ceiling and plays well in spurts

im going to have to go with this years Cavs as the better team

R. Johnson#3
05-26-2018, 10:47 AM
The current Cavs team is better by far because they have a fully evolved Lebron. 2007 Lebron was one of the leagues greats but 2018 Lebron is arguably the most dominant basketball player ever to exist. That alone is enough.

LOb0
05-26-2018, 11:25 AM
I know Love sucks but I'd still take him over any of those 07 Cavs players.

Rivera
05-26-2018, 11:51 AM
The current Cavs team is better by far because they have a fully evolved Lebron. 2007 Lebron was one of the leagues greats but 2018 Lebron is arguably the most dominant basketball player ever to exist. That alone is enough.

take Lebron out in both Cavs team. who you got

FlashBolt
05-26-2018, 12:04 PM
The systems are different. This Cavs team was built to have shooters while 07 was built with defense. But I'm going with 07 for the reason that those guys actually played great defense. Cavs aren't shooting the ball well. Rodney Hood doesn't even have enough confidence to play on the court. J.R. has not made consistent three's game after game. If you notice, if J.R. has a great shooting game, Cavs are winning the game.

Chronz
05-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Cavs that lost to the celtics or the magic would dominate now tho

LaVar Ball
05-26-2018, 02:45 PM
2007 Cavs teams was better. Those role players knew their roles and did their roles very respectably. You don't know what you'll get from the role players of now.

And honestly, Kevin Love 2018 is no better than Zydrunas Ilgauskas 2007, and Mike Brown is a better coach than Tyronn Lue.

If you gave this prime LeBron with those role players and even Mike Brown right now, they'd already be in the finals awaiting the winner of Houston/GoldenState

prodigy
05-26-2018, 02:48 PM
I think 07 team might be slightly better because they were an outstanding defensive team. They all also loved playing with each other. 2018 team might have more talented players but they are having a hard time fitting in with lebron who dominates the ball.

I Love Lebron and believe he is the goat. But in any forum like this it needs to be mentioned lebron caused all this himself. he chased Irving away, Refused to commit which hurt the team big time in FA and def when it came to trading irving.

FlashBolt
05-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Take a look at LeBron at 2008. That type of athleticism and power was insane. This dude was leaping over players with finesse. I wish we would have seen LeBron mature earlier into his career and that in a large part has to do with the Cavs management giving him zero guidance as a young player heading into the NBA. If LeBron was being coached by Pop since day one, there would be no doubt in my mind that we would have seen this LeBron in prime athletic ability of 2008.

LaVar Ball
05-26-2018, 02:55 PM
I think 07 team might be slightly better because they were an outstanding defensive team. They all also loved playing with each other. 2018 team might have more talented players but they are having a hard time fitting in with lebron who dominates the ball.

I Love Lebron and believe he is the goat. But in any forum like this it needs to be mentioned lebron caused all this himself. he chased Irving away, Refused to commit which hurt the team big time in FA and def when it came to trading irving.

Dude he's only had 3 months to develop chemistry with these group of guys.

KingPosey
05-26-2018, 03:07 PM
have you watched love in these playoffs? His rebounding is the only thing saving him from a god awful playoffs.
And heís still better. It is hard as **** to play the stretch positions and still be a ďstarĒ on a lebron team. He kills their numbers. Which whatever, heís lebron so you deal with it but itís ****ing hard to be anything other than what Love and Bosh were and are forced to be.

FlashBolt
05-26-2018, 03:18 PM
And heís still better. It is hard as **** to play the stretch positions and still be a ďstarĒ on a lebron team. He kills their numbers. Which whatever, heís lebron so you deal with it but itís ****ing hard to be anything other than what Love and Bosh were and are forced to be.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Speaking of Bosh, where is he? Year after LeBron left, I'm pretty sure he did nothing for the Heat. Where's Kyrie you say? Oh, his team is in the ECF taking LeBron to game 7 without Kyrie. Love? Oh, without him, Cavs played better having Green at the power forward slot. It's not LeBron's game that is responsible for Love being weak and constantly injured. Love is just not as great as everyone claims he is. Cavs have been forcefeeding Love the ball to get him going in more games than my brain can count. He simply has not shown up. If you were to ask me who the better player is between Love and Tatum, give me Tatum. Give me Al Horford. Heck, give me Terry Rosier at this point. Yeah, Love put up big and yuge numbers on a Minny team that made zero playoffs appearances. Love was a loser back then and he's playing like a loser right now. He misses wide open shots, wide open threes, and plays no defense. I predict plays before they happen to amuse myself. Every time I say, "watch them attack Love and he won't even jump to contest the shot." It happens the very next play and I'm not even surprised. Watch the games back if you want to. Boston literally gives every mismatch in Love's favor. Yet, Love can not take advantage of it. The simple reason Love gets so many mismatches in terms of height/skill is because Boston has zero confidence Love can make them pay for it. These are not mismatches created by Cleveland. I laugh every time Love has a "mismatch" and people automatically assume Cavs are employing this strategy. No, Love gets a mismatch because the opposing team wants him to. He's that bad.

mrblisterdundee
05-26-2018, 04:03 PM
LeBron is better at 33 than he was at 22. That's really all you need to know.

KingPosey
05-26-2018, 04:07 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Speaking of Bosh, where is he? Year after LeBron left, I'm pretty sure he did nothing for the Heat. Where's Kyrie you say? Oh, his team is in the ECF taking LeBron to game 7 without Kyrie. Love? Oh, without him, Cavs played better having Green at the power forward slot. It's not LeBron's game that is responsible for Love being weak and constantly injured. Love is just not as great as everyone claims he is. Cavs have been forcefeeding Love the ball to get him going in more games than my brain can count. He simply has not shown up. If you were to ask me who the better player is between Love and Tatum, give me Tatum. Give me Al Horford. Heck, give me Terry Rosier at this point. Yeah, Love put up big and yuge numbers on a Minny team that made zero playoffs appearances. Love was a loser back then and he's playing like a loser right now. He misses wide open shots, wide open threes, and plays no defense. I predict plays before they happen to amuse myself. Every time I say, "watch them attack Love and he won't even jump to contest the shot." It happens the very next play and I'm not even surprised. Watch the games back if you want to. Boston literally gives every mismatch in Love's favor. Yet, Love can not take advantage of it. The simple reason Love gets so many mismatches in terms of height/skill is because Boston has zero confidence Love can make them pay for it. These are not mismatches created by Cleveland. I laugh every time Love has a "mismatch" and people automatically assume Cavs are employing this strategy. No, Love gets a mismatch because the opposing team wants him to. He's that bad.
No I definitely know what Iím talking about. Youíre not even arguing anything I was trying to argue.e

I mean how dare Chris bosh average 6 more points a game on a bad heat team before being forced into retirement from blood clots. You got me in a box there. Lebron wouldnít have let him do that.

FlashBolt
05-26-2018, 09:17 PM
No I definitely know what Iím talking about. Youíre not even arguing anything I was trying to argue.e

I mean how dare Chris bosh average 6 more points a game on a bad heat team before being forced into retirement from blood clots. You got me in a box there. Lebron wouldnít have let him do that.

Quite obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. Bosh averaged 6 more points because he took more shots. He was way more inefficient. A PF shooting 46% from the field is poor considering they are getting the second most amount of easy shots. His FG% took a 6% decline. For only 6 more points and over 6 more shot opportunities, that's not great. Look at you thinking averaging more points on a bad team = better than averaging less points on a great team. Of course LeBron wouldn't let him take more shots... because he's not capable of doing so while being the 1st option. Did you know Kyrie took the most amount of shots in the Cavs last season? Of course you didn't. All you know is how to type on your keyboard.

R. Johnson#3
05-26-2018, 09:30 PM
take Lebron out in both Cavs team. who you got

It's a tough one for me because they're such different supporting casts. 07 was all about defence where 18 is all about shooters. I think I'd go with 18 if they're fully healthy. They have more versatility than the 07 supporting cast.

JordansBulls
05-27-2018, 01:06 AM
This year's Cavs they have Love and they had Wade and Rose. Basically 2 MVP players and 2 Finals mvp players.

More-Than-Most
05-27-2018, 03:04 AM
This year's Cavs they have Love and they had Wade and Rose. Basically 2 MVP players and 2 Finals mvp players.

If this guy says its this years cavs than you know its the 07 cavs. This post is amazing.

TylerSL
05-27-2018, 09:27 AM
This year's Cavs are better only because 2018 Lebron>2007 Lebron. LOL.

BKLYNpigeon
05-27-2018, 09:56 AM
07 Cavs team was better defensively.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2018, 01:23 PM

Yeah but he doesnít kill efficiency. He expands it, and K love has not been efficient either. This is on Love not Bron

IKnowHoops
05-27-2018, 01:25 PM

Lolol...and this guy was a mod😂

ewing
05-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Take a look at LeBron at 2008. That type of athleticism and power was insane. This dude was leaping over players with finesse. I wish we would have seen LeBron mature earlier into his career and that in a large part has to do with the Cavs management giving him zero guidance as a young player heading into the NBA. If LeBron was being coached by Pop since day one, there would be no doubt in my mind that we would have seen this LeBron in prime athletic ability of 2008.

I remember Paul Salis telling him the key was to be allergic to made jump shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blams
05-27-2018, 04:28 PM
This year's Cavs they have Love and they had Wade and Rose. Basically 2 MVP players and 2 Finals mvp players.Are you joking?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ODB13
05-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Clearly this thread is only intended to rationalize another LeBron playoff failure, struggling to get through the wretched East (the Oladipo Pacers almost knocked him out last round, and wow, were they a squad!). Now he's on the brink of elimination at the hands of a team of kids without their two best players.

GOAT material, folks.

goingfor28
05-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Are you joking?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkHe's not. I'm pretty sure he recently said LeBron should've won a title in his first Cleveland stint bc he played w prime Shaq lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KingPosey
05-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Quite obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. Bosh averaged 6 more points because he took more shots. He was way more inefficient. A PF shooting 46% from the field is poor considering they are getting the second most amount of easy shots. His FG% took a 6% decline. For only 6 more points and over 6 more shot opportunities, that's not great. Look at you thinking averaging more points on a bad team = better than averaging less points on a great team. Of course LeBron wouldn't let him take more shots... because he's not capable of doing so while being the 1st option. Did you know Kyrie took the most amount of shots in the Cavs last season? Of course you didn't. All you know is how to type on your keyboard.

Well ya of course he took more shots. In all of history almost every time a guy scores a significant amount more points per game he takes more shots. Thatís how it works. Whatís embarrassing for guys like you is youíre so desperate to argue you argue **** that no ones even trying to argue with you about. Chris bosh was less efficient the next year on a depleted team, with no help, fighting an illness that ENDED his career, trying to learn how to be a number one option after FOUR YEARS of being a number 3 option. It is exceptionally hard for guys that were number one options to pick up where they left off after spending years on a new team being conditioned to play a different role.

He was efficient with lebron, literally NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT. I donít even think you know what youíre arguing about and itís embarrassing for you. He was efficient with lebron. Love was efficient with lebron this year. Neither was anywhere near the player they were pre lebron. And thatís fine because lebron s so much better than them you deal with it.

But when guys are used to being able to play on the block, create for themselves and build their own offense throughout games and then they have to essentially spot up on the arc, all of their stats and impact go down. The fact that you are even trying to argue that is baffling. If thatís even what youíre trying to argue, because I donít think you even know what youíre arguing about.

Again, hanging your hat on bosh POST lebron, when his team was an aged shell of itself, while he battled an illness that ruined his season and forced him to retire, is a bad look. Actually, itís just a stupid argument all together.

Oh, And what does kyrie taking the most shots during the regular season have ANYTHING and I mean AAAAANYTHING to do with what I said? Beside that, heís injury prone and got injured after he stopped playing for lebron and you said that proves SOMETHING (what I have no ****ing clue?) about bosh and love.

ODB13
05-27-2018, 09:01 PM
Well ya of course he took more shots. In all of history almost every time a guy scores a significant amount more points per game he takes more shots. Thatís how it works. Whatís embarrassing for guys like you is youíre so desperate to argue you argue **** that no ones even trying to argue with you about. Chris bosh was less efficient the next year on a depleted team, with no help, fighting an illness that ENDED his career, trying to learn how to be a number one option after FOUR YEARS of being a number 3 option. It is exceptionally hard for guys that were number one options to pick up where they left off after spending years on a new team being conditioned to play a different role.

He was efficient with lebron, literally NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT. I donít even think you know what youíre arguing about and itís embarrassing for you. He was efficient with lebron. Love was efficient with lebron this year. Neither was anywhere near the player they were pre lebron. And thatís fine because lebron s so much better than them you deal with it.

But when guys are used to being able to play on the block, create for themselves and build their own offense throughout games and then they have to essentially spot up on the arc, all of their stats and impact go down. The fact that you are even trying to argue that is baffling. If thatís even what youíre trying to argue, because I donít think you even know what youíre arguing about.

Again, hanging your hat on bosh POST lebron, when his team was an aged shell of itself, while he battled an illness that ruined his season and forced him to retire, is a bad look. Actually, itís just a stupid argument all together.

Oh, And what does kyrie taking the most shots during the regular season have ANYTHING and I mean AAAAANYTHING to do with what I said? Beside that, heís injury prone and got injured after he stopped playing for lebron and you said that proves SOMETHING (what I have no ****ing clue?) about bosh and love.

This is the kind of vigorous and semi-persobal disagreement that makes internet arguing great!

Quinnsanity
05-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Remove LeBron from the equation because old LeBron is so far ahead of young LeBron.

07 Cavs were 13th in defense compared to 29th for current Cavs. Current Cavs shoot 37.2% from three compared to 35.2% for 07 Cavs. 07 Cavs were fourth in rebounding rate compared to 20th for current Cavs. I'd say the 07 Cavs were probably better by a small but meaningful margin.

FlashBolt
05-28-2018, 12:00 AM

Kyrie has a lot to do with it because you assume LeBron is purposely "killing" stretch players such as Bosh/Love. No, he isn't. Those players aren't as good as you think they are. Are you that inept? What do you think happens if Anthony Davis is on the Cavs? What about Draymond? He'll give them the ball because you can trust them. You can't trust Love. Ask ANY Cavs fan. Love does not replicate success in a way that deserves having the ball other than to stretch the floor. You bring up Bosh as if he was an HOF player before the Big Three. His career was heading nowhere. He scored more points less efficiently but everything else was the same. There was no significant improvement that you make it seem there was after LeBron left. Where was the improvement? More shots = more PPG. That doesn't mean the player was better. You have no argument. Bosh/Love were not HOF caliber players. Bosh and Love won a collective amount of two NBA playoffs games in a 14 year career before they teamed up with LeBron. That's not LeBron's doing - that's their own. Like I said, give LeBron a REASON to give the ball to Love. Actually, let me ask you, the "expert" on what LeBron should do to help Love. Go and tell me what Love does at an elite level because I don't see it. In fact, Jeff Green played better in games 6/7 (Love was out) than Love played the entire series. What happened? Love gets outplayed by a $2 million contract player and it's LeBron's fault? Interesting.

hidalgo
05-28-2018, 03:39 AM
this year's Cavs are better for sure. better roster and a far better LBJ. LeBron played horrible in the 2007 finals

JordansBulls
05-28-2018, 09:30 PM
2007 squad avoided Miami who they would have lost to. 2018 they would have lost to Indiana if they called the goaltending in game 5 at the end which should have been reviewed.

Jeffy25
05-28-2018, 09:38 PM
I do think this squad is a little better than the 07 squad, but that's just more versatility, rather than actual help.

Kevin Love can help more. But he doesn't.

Really though, LeBron is just way better than he was in 2007, and that's huge.

Jeffy25
05-28-2018, 09:38 PM
2007 squad avoided Miami who they would have lost to. 2018 they would have lost to Indiana if they called the goaltending in game 5 at the end which should have been reviewed.

You mean after they missed the out of bounds call that even gave them the possession to have that debatable goaltend?

JordansBulls
05-28-2018, 09:41 PM
You mean after they missed the out of bounds call that even gave them the possession to have that debatable goaltend?

It wasn't missed, they knew what they were doing. No one would have watched the Eastern conference if Lebron was not in the playoffs with no other stars around. They don't have a Dwight or the Celtics with KG, Pierce around or Heat with Wade around in his prime and honestly I don't blame them. It isn't like football where it is just one game.

Jeffy25
05-28-2018, 10:29 PM
It wasn't missed, they knew what they were doing. No one would have watched the Eastern conference if Lebron was not in the playoffs with no other stars around. They don't have a Dwight or the Celtics with KG, Pierce around or Heat with Wade around in his prime and honestly I don't blame them. It isn't like football where it is just one game.

So when defeated, jump to conspiracy theories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CHPhd0YBk

This is the possession that gave them that shot by Odalipo

But let's talk more about how the refs give it to LeBron

JordansBulls
05-28-2018, 10:42 PM
So when defeated, jump to conspiracy theories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CHPhd0YBk

This is the possession that gave them that shot by Odalipo

But let's talk more about how the refs give it to LeBron

Yes Lebron pushed off and then didn't get called for it. Shot by Victor was a gol tending.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-29-2018, 10:02 AM
Lebron is definitely better now then he was back then

prodigy
05-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Dude he's only had 3 months to develop chemistry with these group of guys.

and? What did i say that was wrong? guys are having trouble playing and fitting in with lebron.

prodigy
05-29-2018, 11:37 AM

I know you are not talkin. Most of MJ's shots were from push offs lol, including game winners.

XxMLBDarkangelx
03-18-2019, 05:44 AM
07 Cavs or this years cavs... As bad as that 07 cavs team was around lebron they might actually be better than this years version which is insane.

The best Cav team is with LBJ, Kevin Love, Smith, and Irving. No team can stand on this. Ahoo Ahoo.