PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lue on Game 5: ‘Boston not playing Semi Ojeleye threw us off’

LaVar Ball
05-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Is this the worst head coach in the history of professional sports?

Seriously who says that?!

AntiG
05-24-2018, 10:29 AM
LOL I guess the C's will win game 6 when they decide to play Semi and throw Lue off once again!

WaDe03
05-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Yea he’s the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Says they didn’t play Korver much because ****ing Ojeleye didn’t play. This dude is a dumbass.

Ahriman
05-24-2018, 10:43 AM
At some point I'm starting to wonder if he's just trolling the media

HandsOnTheWheel
05-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Isn't this a game after publicly praising Korver too? What a dumbass

Wade n Fade
05-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Is this the worst head coach in the history of professional sports?

Seriously who says that?!

Not the worst coach in the history of pro sports. Jim Tomsula was worse than Ty Lue. But Lue is pretty ******. I remember last night's pre-game fielded a question: Which coach is having a better series?

I laughed as that was even a question since Stevens was the better coach coming into the series and still is without a doubt. ESPN fielded a stupid question that's for sure.

tredigs
05-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Nice choice, LeBron.

IndyRealist
05-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Remember when Lebron punked on Spo, and Riley had to come down from the mountain and lay down the law? No one's got Lue's back. As far as I'm concerned he gets an incomplete. There's no way to tell if he's a good coach or not, Lebron's calling the shots.

Vee-Rex
05-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Worst coach in the league. We're still alive in spite of him.

Vee-Rex
05-24-2018, 12:46 PM
I've noticed something Brad Stevens does:

At about the 7 minute mark in the 1st quarter, he's gonna sub out either Brown or Tatum to bring in Morris (or Baynes if Morris is starting). He chooses to sub out the guy that's not playing as well.

Then at little further in he'll sub out Rozier to bring in Smart. With a minute or less left in the quarter, he'll put Rozier back in.

While that might not seem like much, he found a system that allows him to keep shuffling bodies in and out. He's running a 7-man rotation yet still managing to keep them somewhat fresh, WHILE basing the subs of the young guys on how they're performing (Brown stayed in games 1, 3, 4, whereas Tatum stayed in games 2 and 5).

Lue on the other hand, is severely mismanaging his players minutes. Game in and out, he'll underplay guys and overplay others. He'll give Green or JR too many minutes but slash Korver or Nance's. He'll fail to give LeBron breaks when he should be getting breaks, he'll leave LeBron out the game for far too long.

In game 5, the Celtics got a big lead on a 13-4 run to end the first quarter, in which Lue didn't call a single timeout. Both Boston and Cleveland called 2 timeouts in the entire 1st half, even though Boston was the team that was dominating.

Not even counting how bad he is with x's and o's, Lue is horrendous at almost everything else too. His rotations are dumbfounding.

AntiG
05-24-2018, 01:05 PM
or like yesterday where the Cavs were getting outhustled and Lebron was looking winded as hell in the 4th with 5 mins left, and he left him in until around the 2:30 mark. At that point might as well concede and save the strength for game 6.

IndyRealist
05-24-2018, 02:09 PM
or like yesterday where the Cavs were getting outhustled and Lebron was looking winded as hell in the 4th with 5 mins left, and he left him in until around the 2:30 mark. At that point might as well concede and save the strength for game 6.

" “I love LeBron, but he's always constructing his narrative.

“It's highly unlikely he loses but if he does he's building in the excuse of being tired from playing too many games.” "

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/964685/LeBron-James-tired-Cleveland-Cavaliers-Boston-Celtics-NBA-playoffs-Game-5-ESPN

At this point in the season, he is tired. Is he more tired than anybody else? Maybe not,” McMenamin said.

“But he also told me ‘Guess what? If we get to a Game 7, guess how many games I will have played this season? 100.’

The most games LeBron has ever played in a single season was 100 back in 2010/2011 – his first year with the Miami Heat.

“That year though, you’re talking about 100 games going into the NBA finals when they lost and that was, we all know, one of the most taxing season for LeBron, mentally, he has ever been through.

“LeBron told me he is fresh mentally right now, just physically it is hard for him to sleep on planes and sleep is the best recovery tool heading into a quick turnaround for a Game 6.”

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Worst coach in the league. We're still alive in spite of him.

I think Lebron is a pretty good coach.

Vee-Rex
05-24-2018, 03:14 PM
I think Lebron is a pretty good coach.

He's a horrible GM, that's for sure.