PDA

View Full Version : Teams in the NBA who have bright futures ahead

Tg11
05-22-2018, 06:09 PM
As far as teams who have bright futures ahead in the NBA with the young talent they got in place or the pieces that they soon will have in place believe it or not are teams such as:

Celtics, 76ers, Bucks, Kings, Lakers, Suns, Mavericks, Knicks among others

Scoots
05-22-2018, 06:19 PM
Warriors.

Tg11
05-22-2018, 06:20 PM
I am talking about teams with young pieces that if developed well enough

MJNetsIsles
05-22-2018, 06:29 PM
Brooklyn Nets. We have a deep young core: DíAngelo Russell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Jahlil Okafor. 3 picks in this years draft (1 1st, 2 2nd rounders that can be packaged together to move up in the draft) Regained control of our 2019 and beyond... Draft Picks. Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson. A great GM and good coach at player development. Stability. We arenít expecting to compete right away. But when bad contracts we took on via trade (Carroll, Mozgov, and Crabbe) expire in a few years this team will have freed up cap space and draft picks to add to DíAngelo Russell, the face of the Franchise right now. Donít sleep on Brooklyn. Weíre coming back! #BKLYN

R. Johnson#3
05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Jokic, Murray and Harris will be a solid core for years to come in Denver.

TylerSL
05-22-2018, 06:39 PM
I'm also going to include teams who are having success now.

Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Philadelphia, and New Orleans are all going to very good teams over the next few years. Other teams that will be successful, but maybe not realistically win a championship include Indiana, Denver, and Portland.

TylerSL
05-22-2018, 06:41 PM
As far as teams who have bright futures ahead in the NBA with the young talent they got in place or the pieces that they soon will have in place believe it or not are teams such as:

Personally, I find the Bucks highly overrated and believe it's too early to know how the Kings, Suns, Mavericks, Lakers, or Knicks are going to turn out. The Knicks are farther along than those other teams because they actually have a budding superstar.

Tg11
05-22-2018, 06:45 PM
I would say the Phoenix Suns especially since they have the #1 pick and if they take Ayton...putting him with Jackson and Booker along with the youngins they got already Phoenix, Arizona is looking damn good right about now

ewing
05-22-2018, 11:32 PM
Finally, a knicks thread

Tg11
05-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Orlando Magic could be depending on if the right pieces fall into place

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-23-2018, 09:06 AM
Personally, I find the Bucks highly overrated and believe it's too early to know how the Kings, Suns, Mavericks, Lakers, or Knicks are going to turn out. The Knicks are farther along than those other teams because they actually have a budding superstar.

Bucks squandered expiring contract of Moose. I would of called up Lakers for Deng and pry away Ingram or Kuzma for expiring Moose. Bledsoe was okay in regular season but vanished in the playoffs. Also still owe a first to Suns yet. Bucks had a bright future looking back like 2 or 3 seasons ago. Now their meh. Weakest bench in the league.

Need to upgrade PG,SG,C spots yet. Also dead weight contracts in Snell,Delly,Henson. Teletovic is off the books in November cause of medically retired. Botching last three first round picks didn't help either. Parker should of been traded last trade deadline. Now stuck matching offer sheet for him or he takes the QO or hopefully sign and trade him. Middleton has a player option after this up coming season. He will want more money. So Bucks have to decide on him as well.

Also Bledsoe be free agent after this up coming season. So Bucks could take a step or two back here if we cant compound a few pieces into a legit second star to pair with Giannis. I was hoping to trade for Kawhi. But his handlers want a large market. So that leaves Milwaukee out. Plus Bucks have the least amount of assets when you look at the treasure chests of Celtics and 76ers.

I wasn't happy about the Wilson pick last draft. If we could of ended up moving up for a Mitchell or even BAM or took Allen or Kuzma. Bucks be in a better place. But we like to squander first round picks and draft ready players in second round like Brogdon and Brown. Bucks need to upgrade center spot yet. We missed out at the trade deadline.

Woelfel mentioned Bucks may still chase Jordan yet. Jordan has a player option so not sure if Woelfel thinks he opts in or agrees on a extension or a sign and trade. But a bit harder to trade for Jordan now. Bucks need a upgrade at PG. Bledsoe was okay in regular season. But he vanished in the playoffs. Rozier ate him alive. I'd love for the Bucks to trade for Rozier. Or chase him as a RFA a few seasons later.

Also Bucks need a SG badly. Middleton is a SF here on out. Giannis at PF. Parker stuck fighting for minutes at SF then. Not many back up PF minutes unless Bud trims all our starters minutes. I think a decision has to be made between Parker or Middleton being traded. Woelfel isn't always right as a insider for Milwaukee. But he mentioned Bucks would like to package #17 on draft night with a player for a win now vet.

Oakmont_4
05-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Brooklyn Nets. We have a deep young core: DíAngelo Russell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Jahlil Okafor. 3 picks in this years draft (1 1st, 2 2nd rounders that can be packaged together to move up in the draft) Regained control of our 2019 and beyond... Draft Picks. Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson. A great GM and good coach at player development. Stability. We arenít expecting to compete right away. But when bad contracts we took on via trade (Carroll, Mozgov, and Crabbe) expire in a few years this team will have freed up cap space and draft picks to add to DíAngelo Russell, the face of the Franchise right now. Donít sleep on Brooklyn. Weíre coming back! #BKLYN

Yup in about 5 years they'll be ready to compete again. My guess is they call up GS and trade 4 first round picks for Curry, Thompson and Green.

WestCoastSportz
05-23-2018, 01:10 PM
As strange as it may sound, but the Lakers have a very bright future. They seem to be one of, if not the, top destination for top free agents. They've been linked to Paul George, Kawhi Leonard and even Lebron James. They have some nice young pieces with Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. They'll also have close to $66M in money to spend in free agency this Summer.

mngopher35
05-23-2018, 01:24 PM
I remember the good ole days before thibs, Twolves had finally made it onto these lists and were actually building up talent for the future. Now we got one 8 seed/early exit and are considered a team in turmoil lol with towns wanting out, butler on last year, Wiggins max and little flexibility.

Anyways of all the teams that haven't let thibs get in the way I think 76ers are obvious choice based on playoffs whole Suns getting that pick gives them a nice young core too.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 01:41 PM
Yup in about 5 years they'll be ready to compete again. My guess is they call up GS and trade 4 first round picks for Curry, Thompson and Green.

New regime. These arenít Billy Kingís Nets anymore. Now they belong to Sean Marks. He turned nothing into something via trades and the draft. New York is actually the city of championships by the way. Your sig doesnít apply, Boston had a great run and is still behind NYC in terms of titles. 2nd best isnít 1st. NY is 1st.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Even if you just count the original 4 teams of NY. The teams I donít root for. The Yankees (27) Giants (8) [4 nfl championships | 4 superbowls] Rangers (4) Knicks (2) = 41 Titles for NY. Boston has 37. In total with all other teams accounted for, NY has 54 titles. So how exactly is Boston the city of champions? Laughable.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 01:50 PM

ehh... I go to alot of Nets games since I live 10 blocks from the Arena. I can just walk up to the boxk office game time and get seats for $20 haha.

they're no where close to being Promising.

They took on a Horrible contracts of Allen Crabb and Mozgov

Traded the Draft Rights of Kuzma to trade for D'angelo Russell

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 01:55 PM
ehh... I go to alot of Nets games since I live 10 blocks from the Arena. I can just walk up to the boxk office game time and get seats for $20 haha.

they're no where close to being Promising.

They took on a Horrible contracts of Allen Crabb and Mozgov

Traded the Draft Rights of Kuzma to trade for D'angelo Russell

Russell >>> Kuzma

And the big contracts donít matter because the Nets arent expecting to compete until they expire.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Russell >>> Kuzma

And the big contracts donít matter because the Nets arent expecting to compete until they expire.

haha good one.. Nets will be overpaying Russell in RFA

"And the big contracts donít matter because the Nets arent expecting to compete until they expire. "

then how does that make them promising?

BKLYNpigeon
The Clippers are Promising.

MJNetsIsles
The Nets finally have their own draft pick again starting next year in 2019 which makes me very happy.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 02:01 PM
As far as you being able to buy $20 tickets. What do you expect from a rebuilding franchise? One who made an awful trade and had to pay for it for years to come? The Nets have a bright future because their GM is ahead of the curve. Sean Marks got DíAngelo Russell and Jahlil Okafor for Brook Lopez (expired contract) Trevor Booker (expired contract) and the draft rights to Kyle Kuzma. I canít wait to see what he does this Offseason. Also, he found Spencer Dinwiddie in the D League. What a find.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Dinwiddie is average at best. 6th man bench player.

Theres always a player that scores 20 on a bad team.

the only good asset in BK is Lavert.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 02:05 PM
haha good one.. Nets will be overpaying Russell in RFA

"And the big contracts donít matter because the Nets arent expecting to compete until they expire. "

then how does that make them promising?

Because they finally control their own draft pick again. If they tank, they add a young stud to go with Russell and Okafor. Our draft rights arenít going to Cleveland or Boston anymore. Thatís a HUGE relief and very promising. Factor in: RHJ, Dinwiddie, J. Allen, Crabbe, LeVert, etc. the Nets have young talent. Theyíve come a long way from where they were 2-3 years ago. It will only get better for us.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Dinwiddie is average at best. 6th man bench player.

Theres always a player that scores 20 on a bad team.

the only good asset in BK is Lavert.

Rondae Hollis Jefferson would like a word with you.

And you spelled Levert wrong.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 02:13 PM
You can Combine the Nets and Knicks next season and they still wouldnt make the playoffs. lol

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 02:17 PM
You live in Brooklyn and root for they SF Giants who used to beat the ***** out of Brooklyn. Makes sense. Bandwagon.

Grew up in SF, Moved to NY for College 15 years ago and been here since.

Best City in the world, Doesnt mean I have to root for their teams.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 02:18 PM
You can Combine the Nets and Knicks next season and they still wouldnt make the playoffs. lol

You live in Brooklyn and root for they SF Giants who used to beat the ***** out of Brooklyn. Makes sense. Bandwagon.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2018, 02:19 PM
The Knicks are signing Lebron James.

He should, would make the league a lot more fun.

MJNetsIsles
05-23-2018, 02:20 PM
The Knicks are signing Lebron James.

Oakmont_4
05-23-2018, 06:17 PM
New regime. These arenít Billy Kingís Nets anymore. Now they belong to Sean Marks. He turned nothing into something via trades and the draft. New York is actually the city of championships by the way. Your sig doesnít apply, Boston had a great run and is still behind NYC in terms of titles. 2nd best isnít 1st. NY is 1st.

On a per team basis, that's not true. Per team (4 major sports).

NY was the city of champions. Boston has overtaken them...

Why is it that NY is the only state that counts every team that doesn't play in their city. Does CA add all their teams to their totals? Does Texas? Does Florida?

Yes. New York owned baseball pre 1960's. Bravo. Nobody cares that the Yankees dominated a American League of 8 teams and racked up the championships. Know who used to be the world super power when the world was much smaller? England. Then they fell behind and were no longer the top country. Nobody cares what they did before they were overtaken. The fact is they got overtaken.

Last 50 years # championships (since 1968)
Boston - 19 (Red Sox (3). Celtics (8). Patriots (5). Bruins (3).
New York - 21 (Yankees (7). Mets (2). Jets (1). Giants (4). Knicks (2). Rangers (1). Islanders (4)). 7 teams to gets to 21.

Last 40 years (since 1978)
Boston - 13
New York - 16

Last 30 years (Since 1988)
Boston - 10
New York - 9

Last 20 years (Since 1998)
Boston - 10
New York - 6

Last 10 years (Since 2008)
Boston - 5
New York - 3

Last 5 years (Since 2013)
Boston - 3
New York - 0

NY started losing ground 40 years ago and have continued that trend for 30 + years. Just because you were king once, doesn't mean you're still king. Not to mention Boston has won MORE despite having half the number of teams.

Tg11
05-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Knicks have a bright future especially with Fiz

Mave1002
05-24-2018, 01:49 AM
I believe the Lakers are actually headed towards a really, really bright future. Given that they've got the $hopping money and two more draft picks this year...

-Draft a backup PG and a backup SF
-Get a max center for a one year deal
-Get another max player [Paul George]
-Go over the cap to resign Julius Randle [$80M/4 years]

$$$/Zubac (Bryant)
Randle/Kuzma
$$$/pick47
Ingram/Hart
Ball/pick25

Tg11
05-24-2018, 04:40 AM
I believe the Lakers are actually headed towards a really, really bright future. Given that they've got the $hopping money and two more draft picks this year...

-Draft a backup PG and a backup SF
-Get a max center for a one year deal
-Get another max player [Paul George]
-Go over the cap to resign Julius Randle [$80M/4 years]

$$$/Zubac (Bryant)
Randle/Kuzma
$$$/pick47
Ingram/Hart
Ball/pick25

Yeah they can only go after 1 big name max player not 2 and this summer their choices in that department are limited

But even then they have to keep their core together of their young guys unless you plan on trading Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, etc

Then you also have to keep Randle

Vinylman
05-24-2018, 07:26 AM
Yeah they can only go after 1 big name max player not 2 and this summer their choices in that department are limited

But even then they have to keep their core together of their young guys unless you plan on trading Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, etc

Then you also have to keep Randle

wrong

R. Johnson#3
05-24-2018, 07:59 AM
The Knicks have a bright future. Players are just dying to go there because of all the history. Remember when they managed to win the Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose sweepstakes in the same off-season!?!?

Lil Rhody
05-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Not the Celtics. The coach can't get a vote for coty and Tatum isn't even good enough for first team all rookie so they are gonna suck

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheDish87
05-24-2018, 08:44 AM
Knicks, Mavs, Kings? nah not yet at least. they all got a ways to go. Lakers to a lesser degree too. Denver and Utah have a much brighter future than these 3 teams.

WaDe03
05-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Celtics and the rest donít even matter.

Lol at the Nets, they ****ing suck and will continue to do so.

GREATNESS ONE
05-24-2018, 10:09 AM
Celtics and the rest donít even matter.

Lol at the Nets, they ****ing suck and will continue to do so.

But they got DBLO

ChongInc.
05-25-2018, 01:31 PM
No love for Toronto? #1 seed and the youngest team in the playoffs? Lowry is our only player above 28 years old and the rumor mill is pointing to him being traded this offseason.
Even our g-league team has made the finals the last 2 years.

Kyben36
05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
76ers
Celtics
Suns
Kings
Bulls

are my top 5 young teams right now.

Giannis94
Bucks are in a big off-season.. I think bud takes up a notch. #nomorebuckingaround #trustthegiannis

Kyben36
No love for Toronto? #1 seed and the youngest team in the playoffs? Lowry is our only player above 28 years old and the rumor mill is pointing to him being traded this offseason.

your team fired your coach and is about to explode. so no.

Kyben36
05-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Bucks are in a big off-season.. I think bud takes up a notch. #nomorebuckingaround #trustthegiannis

the problem i have with the bucs is outside of Gianis (who is mvp caliber dont get me wrong) they are built averagely around him and have far too many guys who are injury prone to stay competitive long term. If you took Gianis off that team how good/bad would they be. to me its kinda like the Bulls with Derrick rose. when he was mvp but had average help around him. you can pretend your the best team in the regular season that way but in the playoffs it wont matter against better tallented teams.

Giannis94
05-25-2018, 04:13 PM
the problem i have with the bucs is outside of Gianis (who is mvp caliber dont get me wrong) they are built averagely around him and have far too many guys who are injury prone to stay competitive long term. If you took Gianis off that team how good/bad would they be. to me its kinda like the Bulls with Derrick rose. when he was mvp but had average help around him. you can pretend your the best team in the regular season that way but in the playoffs it wont matter against better tallented teams.
Bucks were hands down 3rd best in the east with a horrible coach.

ChongInc.
05-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Bucks were hands down 3rd best in the east with a horrible coach.

Elaborate. How exactly were they better than one of tor/cle/Bos/Phi?

ChongInc.
05-29-2018, 11:21 AM
your team fired your coach and is about to explode. so no.

Firing the coach had absolutely nothing to do with the development of the young guys (14/15 of the roster).
And the team will not be blown up.

Giannis94
05-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Elaborate. How exactly were they better than one of tor/cle/Bos/Phi?

Bucks took Boston to 7. P-Y took em to 5 and were exploited and the bucks would have done the exact same thing after watching that series.

mike_noodles
05-29-2018, 12:45 PM

The Knicks? They're the worst run organization in North America. I would also knock the Mavs and Kings off of your list. My order would be C's, 76ers, Bucks, Suns and then Lakers.

R. Johnson#3
05-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Bucks took Boston to 7. P-Y took em to 5 and were exploited and the bucks would have done the exact same thing after watching that series.

So theyíre better than Philly because they lost better in an earlier round?

numba1CHANGsta
05-29-2018, 04:26 PM
So according to everyone in here, every NBA team has a bright future lmao

Giannis94
05-29-2018, 05:45 PM
So according to everyone in here, every NBA team has a bright future lmao

Minus the Knicks and one or two other teams, yes.

warfelg
05-29-2018, 07:03 PM

:eyebrow:

Toronto ave age: 25.5
Boston ave age: 25.5
Portland ave age: 24.6