PDA

View Full Version : Is Draymond Green a HOF

rhymeratic
05-21-2018, 02:50 PM
So first I'd like to say that Draymond is essentially this generation's version of Anthony Mason SF/PF with a 3pt shot and shot blocking. He's more that than a Dennis Rodman imo. Do you feel that Draymond's career is on a trajectory for a HOF nod. We all know HOF isn't THAT hard to get into imo, but just considering that. If Draymond does get in... is he MORE accomplished than Andre Iguodala?!?!

ewing
05-21-2018, 02:59 PM
So first I'd like to say that Draymond is essentially this generation's version of Anthony Mason SF/PF with a 3pt shot and shot blocking. He's more that than a Dennis Rodman imo. Do you feel that Draymond's career is on a trajectory for a HOF nod. We all know HOF isn't THAT hard to get into imo, but just considering that. If Draymond does get in... his he MORE accomplished than Andre Iguodala?!?!

He is on that course and he is more he more accomplished then Iggy and will a lot more before all is said and done

tredigs
05-21-2018, 03:35 PM
Of course. Integral piece to what is essentially becoming a dynasty. Multiple time All NBA player, DPOY, etc. 1st ballot when it's all said and done.

Cal827
05-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Yes he is. He's the motor that drives the Warriors dynasty. His defense with Kawhis (possibly Davis too) are the best in the league, and are EXACTLY what a team would want for defense in this era of basketball.

Even with all that Talent, that team probably doesn't win those titles without the perennial DPOY candidate around.

COOLbeans
05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
what every body else said.

Rivera
05-21-2018, 03:55 PM
hes on track, yes

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Strictly off rings, perceived overall impact defensively, being a leader, yes. If Bosh makes one - which he will, Draymond will 100% make it.

Scoots
05-21-2018, 05:21 PM
Not yet, but he's got the setup in place to get him there.

Kind of amazing to think back to him talking trash to LeBron on the Heatles as a rookie and then beating them. Arrogant prick.

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Kind of amazing to think back to him talking trash to LeBron on the Heatles as a rookie and then beating them. Arrogant prick.

Lol. Green is friends with LeBron. No one takes their "trashtalk" serious. It's moreso Green trying to get a mental edge over Bron and that clearly has never worked.

Chronz
05-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Mason lacked the lateral quickness/agility, length and overall intelligence defensively to be mentioned in the same breath. Offensively he's prolly better tho

Scoots
05-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Lol. Green is friends with LeBron. No one takes their "trashtalk" serious. It's moreso Green trying to get a mental edge over Bron and that clearly has never worked.

I think it's more Green trying to get himself up for the battle than trying to get in LeBron's head. I just remember how arrogant Draymond was.

BKLYNpigeon
05-21-2018, 11:38 PM
sure, Mitch Richmond is in the HOF.

COOLbeans
05-22-2018, 01:26 PM
I think it's more Green trying to get himself up for the battle than trying to get in LeBron's head. I just remember how arrogant Draymond was.

That arrogance turned him into a supremely effective defender, and offensive weapon. I remember that exact game, and that was the game when the Warriors and their fans started to believe again.

Lebron and the league knew who Draymond was after that game in Miami.

THE MTL
05-25-2018, 09:28 AM
The basketball HOF isn't that hard to get in, so compared to the others that got in, Draymond will make it too

LaVar Ball
05-25-2018, 09:50 AM
He is on that course and he is more he more accomplished then Iggy and will a lot more before all is said and done
More accomplished than Iggy??

Iggy was the man in Philly after they traded away Iverson. He was a great 2 way player every year. And he’s a finals MVP.

These are all things that Draymond will never be.

R. Johnson#3
05-25-2018, 12:57 PM
So first I'd like to say that Draymond is essentially this generation's version of Anthony Mason SF/PF with a 3pt shot and shot blocking. He's more that than a Dennis Rodman imo. Do you feel that Draymond's career is on a trajectory for a HOF nod. We all know HOF isn't THAT hard to get into imo, but just considering that. If Draymond does get in... is he MORE accomplished than Andre Iguodala?!?!

Anthony Mason wouldn’t kick a guy in the nuts. He’d punch him in the face.

Aside from that good comparison and yeah, he’s on his way.

Vinylman
05-25-2018, 01:22 PM

The correct answer

Driven
05-25-2018, 01:29 PM
The correct answer

I agree. I mean, this is a guy who has averaged 9.3/6.9/4.6 on 44% shooting in his career.

chipurmunki
05-25-2018, 11:12 PM
hell no.

aman_13
05-26-2018, 01:37 AM
He will definitely get in.

GREATNESS ONE
05-26-2018, 01:44 AM
More accomplished than Iggy??

Iggy was the man in Philly after they traded away Iverson. He was a great 2 way player every year. And he’s a finals MVP.

These are all things that Draymond will never be.

True but Dray does have a DPOY award... Iggy doesn’t.

aman_13
05-26-2018, 02:00 AM
Draymond plays winning basketball. Everything that's conducive to winning, he provides. Sure, he's not a scorer but he's not inept either. What he brings with his defense, passing and overall awareness on both sides is extremely valuable.

Vinylman
05-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Draymond plays winning basketball. Everything that's conducive to winning, he provides. Sure, he's not a scorer but he's not inept either. What he brings with his defense, passing and overall awareness on both sides is extremely valuable.

you just described derek fisher

LaVar Ball
05-26-2018, 01:25 PM

You win

aman_13
05-26-2018, 03:39 PM

Only he's no where near as good.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2018, 09:08 AM
sure, Mitch Richmond is in the HOF.

Mitch Richmond was an amazing shooter, multiple all star, and great defender. That's a pretty high bar t get in the HOF. The way you re talking it sounds like Richmond was just a one-time all-star. He was likely the second or third best SG of the 90s (MJ, Drex, Mitch).

Few players have played at such a high level and for as long as Richmond.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Draymond wuld have to have a pretty steep fall off to not be a lock for the HOF.

tredigs
05-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Hall of Famer Draymond Green averaging 11/8/12 +2 steals and 1.5 blocks these playoffs. Had 9 combined blocks + steals in last night's elimination game.

Scoots
05-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Mitch Richmond was an amazing shooter, multiple all star, and great defender. That's a pretty high bar t get in the HOF. The way you re talking it sounds like Richmond was just a one-time all-star. He was likely the second or third best SG of the 90s (MJ, Drex, Mitch).

Few players have played at such a high level and for as long as Richmond.

And Jordan himself said Richmond was the toughest to go against.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Green is both a HOF and a POS

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2018, 06:37 PM
And Jordan himself said Richmond was the toughest to go against.

Phil Jackson, who was a amazing defensive coach, also said Richmond was a great defender.

Richmond, like Gervin and McGrady, was often in a bad sitaution.... Sac-town all those years... eich! But he was an amazing player.

Scoots
05-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Green is both a HOF and a POS

He'd probably be happy with both.

Tg11
05-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Draymond is a future Hall of Famer if and when he retires I mean you can't even dispute it.

goingfor28
05-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Lol no. He's a product of GS system. He's also a D bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
05-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Lol no. He's a product of GS system. He's also a D bag.

Well if being a D bag ruled someone out of the Hall of Fame then there would be a lot less people in the Hall.

Scoots
05-29-2018, 12:01 AM
Well if being a D bag ruled someone out of the Hall of Fame then there would be a lot less people in the Hall.

Jordan would be near the top of that list, Larry Bird would be right next to him.

Hustla23
05-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Does anyone think Draymond would even be an All Star if he played for say... the Kings?

He'll probably get into the HOF since the basketball HOF is a joke anyway but I never considered him to be a legitimate superstar type of player or even close.

goingfor28
05-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Does anyone think Draymond would even be an All Star if he played for say... the Kings?

He'll probably get into the HOF since the basketball HOF is a joke anyway but I never considered him to be a legitimate superstar type of player or even close.Hell no he wouldn't. Not even close.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-29-2018, 11:00 AM

He'll probably get into the HOF since the basketball HOF is a joke anyway but I never considered him to be a legitimate superstar type of player or even close.

I'm interested to see how much of an effect Draymond would have on a non-playoff team. I'm not sure how it would play out, but it's interesting to me.

tp13baby
05-29-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm interested to see how much of an effect Draymond would have on a non-playoff team. I'm not sure how it would play out, but it's interesting to me.

I think Dray if shipped to Denver makes them a legit top 3 seed.

jaydubb
05-29-2018, 11:22 AM
I love the type of player that dray is. If he was drafted when he was 19, he might actually be the next closest thing to a career triple double (10k 10k 10k). LeBron will have 30k, 10k, 10k. Westbrook should be close too, but I do think his stats are a little more padded.

Yes. I think the way his career is going, he's on the right path for hall of fame for sure. Winning at least 3 championships definitely helps his cause as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mike_noodles
05-29-2018, 12:37 PM
The NBA has a lower standard than other leagues for the HOF, so I would say he is on track. He needs to keep it up still for a few more years imo to solidify the spot though.

JAZZNC
05-29-2018, 01:50 PM
I just feel like his stats are inflated by playing with his current cast of players. He wouldn't be getting as many assists if he wasn't passing to the greatest shooting team of all time or if people could actually get up on him. He's a guy that's not good offensively (doesn't have to be) and would be forced to do more on that end on a lesser team and that would take away from his defense. He's a really good player but I don't think he's HOF material. Would I want him on my team?? Most definitely, even if he is at the top of my "players I hate" list. I can only imagine the havoc that he and Gobert could create on the defensive end.

Burkey3472
05-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Is he a Hall of Famer if he retired after this season? He probably would be but he shouldn't be. The guy hasn't been elite long enough in my book to be a Hall of Famer but considering his team success he would get in. If he keeps it up for another 4+ years he'd change my mind though.

tredigs
05-29-2018, 03:22 PM

He would have a huge effect on any team defensively (on wings + bigs alike), as a leader (Draymond's a natural motivator/winner/leader), and as a forward who can push the pace and distribute. He would not ever be (or be asked to be) a teams primary scoring option. But what he does bring is invaluable, and there is no team he would not help immensely. Those who don't think he'd bring All Star level impact to any team in the NBA are simply clueless. It's a great indicator of who not to listen to in a conversation concerning any NBA related topics when they have that stance.

tredigs
05-29-2018, 03:24 PM
Is he a Hall of Famer if he retired after this season? He probably would be but he shouldn't be. The guy hasn't been elite long enough in my book to be a Hall of Famer but considering his team success he would get in. If he keeps it up for another 4+ years he'd change my mind though.

Too young, needs a few more years for sure.

Scoots
05-29-2018, 03:55 PM
I just feel like his stats are inflated by playing with his current cast of players. He wouldn't be getting as many assists if he wasn't passing to the greatest shooting team of all time or if people could actually get up on him. He's a guy that's not good offensively (doesn't have to be) and would be forced to do more on that end on a lesser team and that would take away from his defense. He's a really good player but I don't think he's HOF material. Would I want him on my team?? Most definitely, even if he is at the top of my "players I hate" list. I can only imagine the havoc that he and Gobert could create on the defensive end.

If he was playing on a team that didn't move the ball so much he might get more assists when you consider that he leads the Warriors on offense and the next 6 guys on the Warriors average 22 assists per game they are all "taking" assists from Draymond.

If you look at the Rockets, the next 6 guys after Harden average 15.4 assists per game, if we take CP3 out of that we get just 7.5 assists for the next 5 guys, and CP3 had the fewest assists per game since he was a rookie.

More passers on a team results in the best passers getting fewer assists than they would on a more traditional team.

Young$avage
05-29-2018, 04:14 PM
No.

Vinylman
05-30-2018, 08:35 AM
If he was playing on a team that didn't move the ball so much he might get more assists when you consider that he leads the Warriors on offense and the next 6 guys on the Warriors average 22 assists per game they are all "taking" assists from Draymond.

If you look at the Rockets, the next 6 guys after Harden average 15.4 assists per game, if we take CP3 out of that we get just 7.5 assists for the next 5 guys, and CP3 had the fewest assists per game since he was a rookie.

More passers on a team results in the best passers getting fewer assists than they would on a more traditional team.

lol... his assists might be less because on another team he might not have the shooters he has on the Warriors...

its all speculation of course but the case can be made either way...

I come from the camp that certain numbers of his are inflated because he isn't planned for defensively like the other 3. Teams basically dare him to shoot wide open 3s... you think he would even shoot them if they were contested more?

Mell413
05-30-2018, 08:46 AM
He wouldn't be in if it were my call, but the bar for the basketball hall of fame is lower. I don't consider him an elite player, which is what the hall should be reserved for.

Jeffy25
05-30-2018, 11:24 AM
He is only in his 6th year in the league, right now.

Let's talk after his next 6 years. Way too early to tell.

Right now, I'd say no to very little chance.

Then again, basketball hall of fame is pretty easy to get into lol

Jeffy25
05-30-2018, 11:26 AM
He would have a huge effect on any team defensively (on wings + bigs alike), as a leader (Draymond's a natural motivator/winner/leader), and as a forward who can push the pace and distribute. He would not ever be (or be asked to be) a teams primary scoring option. But what he does bring is invaluable, and there is no team he would not help immensely. Those who don't think he'd bring All Star level impact to any team in the NBA are simply clueless. It's a great indicator of who not to listen to in a conversation concerning any NBA related topics when they have that stance.

What you neglect is how his personality and intensity would likely make his play suffer.

He is motivated and driven being on a great team. He knows his role, and excels in it. I dunno that would be the case if he was on the Bulls right now. I feel like he could quickly turn toxic (ala Ron Artest)

tredigs
05-30-2018, 11:54 AM
What you neglect is how his personality and intensity would likely make his play suffer.

He is motivated and driven being on a great team. He knows his role, and excels in it. I dunno that would be the case if he was on the Bulls right now. I feel like he could quickly turn toxic (ala Ron Artest)
"Likely" make his play suffer is such a sad/baseless/ignorant statement. I think his drive and intensity would more than "likely" continue to offer him snd his teams success as it has since his days of over achieving at Michigan State.

I know you don't understand the minutia of bball at an even moderate level (this is OK, most don't), but if you ever get to the point of understanding how to dissect film and focus on Draymond's defense, you will very quickly come to the realization that he is one of the highest BBIQ players in the game. His knowledge coupled with his leadership style (he WILL make you work and will get right in the face of a superstar if they are ****ing up) simply transforms a team on that end and sets the tone for success.

In short, the more knowledgeable the fan, the more you will understand how dominant he is. Stats wise look no further than his RAPM/RPM each season for this dominance being reflected.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 12:01 PM
lol... his assists might be less because on another team he might not have the shooters he has on the Warriors...

I come from the camp that certain numbers of his are inflated because he isn't planned for defensively like the other 3. Teams basically dare him to shoot wide open 3s... you think he would even shoot them if they were contested more?
Having the ball more helps more than any difference in shooting.

Vinylman
05-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Having the ball more helps more than any difference in shooting.

he wouldn't be the 4th option on other teams which means he would be defended differently lowering his opportunity for assists

Also, you aren't factoring in the pace that GS plays at vs other teams which would reduce possessions...

It isn't cut and dry...

Jeffy25
05-30-2018, 01:08 PM
"Likely" make his play suffer is such a sad/baseless/ignorant statement. I think his drive and intensity would more than "likely" continue to offer him snd his teams success as it has since his days of over achieving at Michigan State.

I know you don't understand the minutia of bball at an even moderate level (this is OK, most don't), but if you ever get to the point of understanding how to dissect film and focus on Draymond's defense, you will very quickly come to the realization that he is one of the highest BBIQ players in the game. His knowledge coupled with his leadership style (he WILL make you work and will get right in the face of a superstar if they are ****ing up) simply transforms a team on that end and sets the tone for success.

In short, the more knowledgeable the fan, the more you will understand how dominant he is. Stats wise look no further than his RAPM/RPM each season for this dominance being reflected.

Thanks for completely twisting my argument into your horribly constructed strawman as you lay in useless insults.

If you don't know what the argument is, ignore the post. If you understand the argument, then actually address it. Don't change topics just to create dismissals.

I don't believe Green is going to be nearly as intense playing for a lotto team. That's all I said.

You managed to take what you think I said (maybe you just didn't read) and twist it into a new topic you'd rather discuss (Green's defensive IQ).

Scoots
05-30-2018, 01:49 PM

I think he should probably nearly never shoot. His shooting has nearly nothing to do with his value.

And yes, some numbers go up on bad teams, but not unreasonable to think that the Warriors system actually reduces his assist numbers to some extent.

But you are totally right that it's all just speculation and meaningless.

rhymeratic
05-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:17 PM
he wouldn't be the 4th option on other teams which means he would be defended differently lowering his opportunity for assists

Also, you aren't factoring in the pace that GS plays at vs other teams which would reduce possessions...

It isn't cut and dry...

I disagree, it's cut n dry. Let them defend him however they want, he's still going to play his game and if he's hogging the ball more his assists would go up, no idea about the rest of his game. You'd have to sell me on the pace factor simply because we have pace adjusted stats for this very reason.

If steph and Kevin Durant weren't around and you gave him a single solid piece like say Harrison barnes, then I've already seen him do heavy damage and win actual playoff games much less the meaningless scrum of the regular season

Chronz
05-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Shoot I think David Lee was a better player in his prime minus the 3pt shot. Did pretty much everything that Draymond does at a higher level.

There's a funny story about Draymond learning from him. Shame Lee could never defend

tredigs
05-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Thanks for completely twisting my argument into your horribly constructed strawman as you lay in useless insults.

If you don't know what the argument is, ignore the post. If you understand the argument, then actually address it. Don't change topics just to create dismissals.

I don't believe Green is going to be nearly as intense playing for a lotto team. That's all I said.

You managed to take what you think I said (maybe you just didn't read) and twist it into a new topic you'd rather discuss (Green's defensive IQ).

I did address it. As I said, it is a horrible and 100% baseless argument with zero relevance.

tredigs
05-30-2018, 04:17 PM

It isn't cut and dry...

We have huge amounts of sample size with Curry and/or KD not on the floor with him, including entire playoff series. His assist totals are still very high. What do you attribute that to? The pace argument is also completely off base. They run the 5th highest pace in the league and run a total of 2 possessions more a game than the 20th paced team in the league. It is completely irrelevant, especially considering he is a 32-33 mpg player who could easily go an extra 4-5 minutes a night if needed (all the blowouts that he is an integral part of keep that down).

The underlying point here is that it is very clear to the eye that he is a highly capable playmaker for a PF/C both in transition and in the half court. His predictably high assist totals ever since Kerr came on board and trusted the offense to run through him to a degree are simply the result of that skill set.

TrueFan420
05-30-2018, 04:42 PM
There's a funny story about Draymond learning from him. Shame Lee could never defend

Care to share the story

WestCoastSportz
05-30-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure Draymond Green is a Hall of Famer. You look at the roles he plays and compare him to others. You'd get guys like Charles Oakley or Buck Williams. Maybe even a Clifford Robinson or Boris Diaw. None of those guys are in the Hall of Fame. If the line up on the court was Quinn Cook, Nick Young, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green and Kevon Looney...I'm not sure Green would even be a 3rd option on offense with that unit.

Scoots
05-30-2018, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure Draymond Green is a Hall of Famer. You look at the roles he plays and compare him to others. You'd get guys like Charles Oakley or Buck Williams. Maybe even a Clifford Robinson or Boris Diaw. None of those guys are in the Hall of Fame. If the line up on the court was Quinn Cook, Nick Young, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green and Kevon Looney...I'm not sure Green would even be a 3rd option on offense with that unit.

The hall of fame shouldn't be based on scoring. And Green is a freak in that he's significantly better at some parts of the game than the names you listed.

That said, I'm not sold on him being in the hall of fame yet.

WestCoastSportz
05-30-2018, 07:14 PM
The hall of fame shouldn't be based on scoring. And Green is a freak in that he's significantly better at some parts of the game than the names you listed.

That said, I'm not sold on him being in the hall of fame yet.

I think the player that he most resembles is Boris Diaw. Remember Diaw with the Suns? He was their best defender and guarded every position. He was a terrific ball handler and IMO, was a better ball handler than Green is now. Diaw was also an underrated passer and he played the role of a point forward many times. The only edge I'd give Green is rebounding. Diaw lacked that fire that Green has as well, which does make Green more effective, but skill wise, they're not that far apart.

Jeffy25
05-30-2018, 09:38 PM
I did address it. As I said, it is a horrible and 100% baseless argument with zero relevance.

I was responding to a discussion about how Green would do on a lesser team (there were several exchanges over it, specifically about his assists). So zero relevance? I was on topic, you responded and talked about his defensive IQ.

And it's not baseless, we have seen highly emotional players like him before that as long as they were on good teams and were competitive, they were engaged and fought. And when on non competitive teams, started to suck/mail it in.

And you absolutely never addressed it, and decided to talk about something else instead, something you did the last time we discussed back and forth about Curry.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2018, 10:31 PM

Except defend, and that is what Green is know most for. He's a DPOY after all.

Lee was a better scorer, and I'm a big fan of Lee. He's the kidn fo guy who could have made the HOF were he to have played for NY or LAL his entire career, or if he were on a team like LBJ's Miami (in place of Bosh).

But as it stands, his resume is a little sparse.

I'm a fan of Lee. Love his post game, his passing, his jumper was solid whenever I watched him play. But the defense simply wasn't there.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2018, 11:27 PM
He needs more longevity but he's easily a HOF when he retires.

Chronz
05-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Except defend, and that is what Green is know most for. He's a DPOY after all.

Lee was a better scorer, and I'm a big fan of Lee. He's the kidn fo guy who could have made the HOF were he to have played for NY or LAL his entire career, or if he were on a team like LBJ's Miami (in place of Bosh).

But as it stands, his resume is a little sparse.

I'm a fan of Lee. Love his post game, his passing, his jumper was solid whenever I watched him play. But the defense simply wasn't there.

No he wouldn't have. Dude couldn't stretch the floor nor defend like Bosh. How the **** you figure that? His jumper sucked bro, he just chucked

ChrisDudley
06-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Since he plays in the Curry system, yes; the Curry system elevates everyone because of the attention he receives so far from the basket.

If he didn't play with Curry, no.

Saddletramp
06-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Since he plays in the Curry system, yes; the Curry system elevates everyone because of the attention he receives so far from the basket.

If he didn't play with Curry, no.

Let me guess, David Lee is better?

Can the Mods do their job?

FlashBolt
06-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Why is this troll's username ChrisDudley? Out of all people, this is who you choose to select as your name? Man, you guys are giving him the time of his life letting him troll ya'll.

Bostonjorge
06-02-2018, 07:29 PM
This playoffs we had a lot of great point guards and point forwards. Rondo had those monster assists games, Paul and Simmons had great passing games. James is the best at getting others open shots.

With all that said.

Draymond Green a C will lead everyone in assists. So we can stop comparing him to low tier players. He will also lead the most stacked team in rebounds, blocks and steals. Only top tier players can pull this off.

Edit: I just looked at the numbers Green is #2 in assists totals behind James. He leads the playoffs in rebounds and steals totals. #2 in blocks.

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:11 PM

I remember you. Glad you stop bye on occassion draft class mate

ewing
06-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Why is this troll's username ChrisDudley? Out of all people, this is who you choose to select as your name? Man, you guys are giving him the time of his life letting him troll ya'll.

its a great username

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Care to share the story

It might be folklore but some believe a big turning point for the Warriors VS the Injured Cavs those many years ago came in garbage time when Lee had tremendous success against the Cavs traps and how Dray should handle it. I've never looked it up or rewatched the footage but Lee was always a great facilitator, he just couldn't create like DG. I'll check it out but I dont think its a stretch to suggest that Draymond learned from those ahead of him in the depth chart. I know when my Clips knocked yall out, DG grew alot that series.

ewing
06-02-2018, 09:35 PM
It might be folklore but some believe a big turning point for the Warriors VS the Injured Cavs those many years ago came in garbage time when Lee had tremendous success against the Cavs traps and how Dray should handle it. I've never looked it up or rewatched the footage but Lee was always a great facilitator, he just couldn't create like DG. I'll check it out but I dont think its a stretch to suggest that Draymond learned from those ahead of him in the depth chart. I know when my Clips knocked yall out, DG grew alot that series.

I do remember that. The Warrior look like they had no mid range attack and Lee basically play a high post which gave the Warriors a lot more passing angles

ewing
06-02-2018, 09:40 PM
If Green is a HOFer would Anthony Mason have been one in todays game. Dude would defend Shaq or MJ at 6'7

Chronz
06-02-2018, 09:52 PM
If Green is a HOFer would Anthony Mason have been one in todays game. Dude would defend Shaq or MJ at 6'7

Give us his most dominant defensive performance.

ewing
06-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Give us his most dominant defensive performance.

How about the whole season he average like 45 mins a game for the Heat when Zo kidneys went.

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2018, 10:34 AM
When his career is finished, Draymond will make the HOF

carrer so far:

3x NBA Championship
3x NBA AllStar
3x All NBA Defensive Team
1x Defensive player of the year
1x Olympics Gold Medalist

MRSpock
06-07-2018, 11:58 AM
In my NBA hall of fame no. But he'll get in easily. First ballot.

hidalgo
06-10-2018, 02:54 AM
no, they need to let in Kevin Johnson, Shawn Kemp, Tim Hardaway, and a few other 1st option players who are more deserving first before they think about letting in a 4th option guy. he's basically today's version of Anthony Mason

Oakland
06-11-2018, 01:50 AM
When his career is finished, Draymond will make the HOF

carrer so far:

3x NBA Championship
3x NBA AllStar
3x All NBA Defensive Team
1x Defensive player of the year
1x Olympics Gold Medalist

I tend to agree. However, I'd love to see him play on a time where he is the second best player so we can see how good he really is. It's easy to win win when your team is on a whole other level than the others.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2018, 02:37 AM
I tend to agree. However, I'd love to see him play on a time where he is the second best player so we can see how good he really is. It's easy to win win when your team is on a whole other level than the others.

Dennis Rodman made it.

Vallejo Raiders
06-11-2018, 03:46 AM
I find these threads hilarious. So basicly the Warriors aren't a stacked team? Hall of famer yes. Superstar? No. PSD users shared the same sentiment for Klay. So we have two superstars and two extremely gifted role players? Or are Klay and green are stars? which is it bi polar PSD posters?

Vallejo Raiders
06-11-2018, 03:55 AM

Do you even defense???*

JAZZNC
06-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Dennis Rodman made it.

Rodman was both an elite defender and an all time great rebounder. I don't know that Green is elite at anything other than defense. However, he is more well rounded than Rodman so I don't know.

Heediot
06-11-2018, 08:25 AM
I think he is, based on his role on a dynasty. Now if he were drafted into the BK nets, who knows how it plays out , but maybe he got traded to a contender afterwards. His defense alone makes a strong case anywhere though, so I'll give him some benefit of the doubt. He is one the greatest glue/role guys in nba history, and probably one of the greatest defenders too. That's probably good enough for the HOF.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I find these threads hilarious. So basicly the Warriors aren't a stacked team? Hall of famer yes. Superstar? No. PSD users shared the same sentiment for Klay. So we have two superstars and two extremely gifted role players? Or are Klay and green are stars? which is it bi polar PSD posters?

haha, they're so biased sometimes, it changes daily.

Before the Allstar voting... Klay and Draymond are not All Stars! they can't carry a team.

After the NBA Finals... SO Unfair they have 4 AllStars!

tredigs
06-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Rodman was both an elite defender and an all time great rebounder. I don't know that Green is elite at anything other than defense. However, he is more well rounded than Rodman so I don't know.

Rodman was a total nothing on offense unless he was trying to grab a missed shot, where as Draymond is an integral piece to one of the best offenses in history. He's been All NBA multiple times accordingly (Rodman never was). He is the better player.

FOXHOUND
06-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Rodman was 2x DPOY, 2x All-NBA/All-Star, 8x All-Defensive, 7x REB champ and, of course, a 5x champion.

Draymond is a on a good path but he's got a lot of work to do before he's a legit HOF candidate. He is currently a 1x DPOY, 2x All-NBA, 3x All-Star, 3x All-Defensive, 1x STL champ and 3x champion.

The reason I put that in bold was to help highlight the fact that he's only just gotten started on a high level. Rodman also started late - he was 25-years old in his rookie season - but he made his last All-Defensive 1st team when he was 34 and won his last ring when he was 36.

Is Draymond going to have that kind of longevity? We'll see, but currently basketball-reference's HOF probability meter has him at 27.3%.

COOLbeans
06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
haha, they're so biased sometimes, it changes daily.

Before the Allstar voting... Klay and Draymond are not All Stars! they can't carry a team.

After the NBA Finals... SO Unfair they have 4 AllStars!

This is the nothingness Ive been trying to point out. These PSd dudes cant get their complaining straight.

Vinylman
06-11-2018, 07:02 PM
he is … they should max him out... don't settle for a penny less Draymond

not a penny less