Simmons
Williams
Gobert
Oladipo
Stevens

The 3 in bold are my no brainers

tredigs
05-17-2018, 02:09 AM
Only no brainer is Harden MVP. Gobert didn't play nearly enough to be a "no brainer", but he was the best defender. Simmons definitely not a no brainer for ROY but I do think he should win, and he will. COY has a lot of candidates who will get votes but I hope Stevens gets it.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2018, 02:17 AM
Only no brainer is Harden MVP. Gobert didn't play nearly enough to be a "no brainer", but he was the best defender. Simmons definitely not a no brainer for ROY but I do think he should win, and he will. COY has a lot of candidates who will get votes but I hope Stevens gets it.

There is 0 argument for anyone over ben if you go by the rules.. I do agree Gobert played less than what i feel comfortable with but his defense is so actually that much better than embiid and embiid was damn amazing.

nastynice
05-17-2018, 03:32 AM
Make your picks:

Kia NBA Most Valuable Player
• Anthony Davis
• James Harden
• LeBron James

Kia NBA Rookie of the Year
• Donovan Mitchell
• Ben Simmons
• Jayson Tatum

Kia NBA Sixth Man Award
• Eric Gordon
• Fred VanVleet
• Lou Williams

Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year
• Anthony Davis
• Joel Embiid
• Rudy Gobert

Kia NBA Most Improved Player
• Clint Capela
• Spencer Dinwiddie
• Victor Oladipo

NBA Coach of the Year
• Dwane Casey
• Quin Snyder
• Brad Stevens

MVP - James “flop city” Harden
ROTY - D Mitchell
6th - Lou Williams
DPOY - ?
MIP - Dipo
Coach - Stevens

For the record, I don’t like waiting til after playoffs. We should go back to old timeline

Lakers + Giants
05-17-2018, 04:28 AM
MVP - Harden
ROY - Simmons
6th - Lou
DPOY - Gobert
MIP - Oladipo
COY - Stevens

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2018, 05:36 AM
Simmons will win rookie of the year because of the usage and numbers. The reality is that he's the most flawed player on the list at the moment. I'd love to see D Mitch win it.

nastynice
05-17-2018, 05:49 AM
Simmons will win rookie of the year because of the usage and numbers. The reality is that he's the most flawed player on the list at the moment. I'd love to see D Mitch win it.

But at the same time have you ever seen a floor general like that as a rookie? I never saw early magic, so I don't know, but I've never seen a rookie run an offense the way he did, not even close. I don't remember seeing kidd, maybe he was on that level

I'm on the Mitchell boat too btw, but they both look special

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 06:32 AM
I hate that Simmons is a finalist for ROY - he's not a rookie.

Stevens should win COY but he won't

As much as I'd love to see Tatum win ROY - Mitchell deserves it more. Just an incredible year by him.

James Harden MVP (even though I can't stand him)

Oladipo MIP easily

DPOY to Anthony Davis because in another year he'd probably be the MVP

6th man - Lou Will

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2018, 08:28 AM
But at the same time have you ever seen a floor general like that as a rookie? I never saw early magic, so I don't know, but I've never seen a rookie run an offense the way he did, not even close. I don't remember seeing kidd, maybe he was on that level

That’s just the thing. I’ve never seen a 6’10 PG with a game like Simmons before. Nobody really has and yes he did dominate as a rookie. In the playoffs though, mainly against the C’s, we finally saw some weakness in his game outside of the lack of a jump shot. Where as rookies like D Mitch and Tatum’s games are more polished but they don’t get the same amount of usage as Simmons.

Simmons will still win it though and rightfully so.

basketfan4life
05-18-2018, 02:24 AM
There is 2 no brainers on this list

Lebron
Simmons
Williams
Gobert
Oladipo
Stevens

The 3 in bold are my no brainers

you know it's situations like this where you lose credibility. Almost all of us accept that LBJ is the best in the world, top 3 all time, just not MVP this year. It is Harden this year.

You make people hate LBJ bro. Go a little easy on this.

numba1CHANGsta
05-18-2018, 02:42 AM
Well the question is, will the voters be judging by the regular season or will the playoffs be accounted when selecting the winners? If it's strictly by regular season (which it should be):

Harden
Simmons
Gordon
Davis
Oladipo
Casey

Other than the DPOY, everything else is a no brainer.

warfelg
05-18-2018, 06:32 AM
Well the question is, will the voters be judging by the regular season or will the playoffs be accounted when selecting the winners? If it's strictly by regular season (which it should be):

Harden
Simmons
Gordon
Davis
Oladipo
Casey

Other than the DPOY, everything else is a no brainer.

It’s Regular season only awards and votes were due the night the season ended.

Heediot
05-18-2018, 08:31 AM

Kidd was sick even as a rookie.

warfelg
05-18-2018, 08:35 AM
http://stats.nba.com/articles/rookies-in-the-playoffs

Nice little blurb about the rookies in the playoffs. Still proving despite a 'bad series' what Ben means to this team with the points created/game stat.

Lil Rhody
05-18-2018, 09:08 AM
Ainge deserves GM of the year that's for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheDish87
05-18-2018, 10:54 AM
I hate that Simmons is a finalist for ROY - he's not a rookie.

Stevens should win COY but he won't

As much as I'd love to see Tatum win ROY - Mitchell deserves it more. Just an incredible year by him.

James Harden MVP (even though I can't stand him)

Oladipo MIP easily

DPOY to Anthony Davis because in another year he'd probably be the MVP

6th man - Lou Will

Simmons is on the ballot and the league classifies him as a rookie yet you say hes not, weird.

tredigs
05-18-2018, 11:59 AM
There is 0 argument for anyone over ben if you go by the rules.. I do agree Gobert played less than what i feel comfortable with but his defense is so actually that much better than embiid and embiid was damn amazing.
Lol at 0 argument for Mitchell, the guy who was the offensive leader in his rookie year for a 5 seed. I had Simmons, but yes, there was clearly an argument to be made. And he showed more so in the playoffs that it was a very valid argument.

TheDish87
05-18-2018, 12:18 PM
playoffs have no meaning on ROY but Mitchell had a slim case, he shouldnt be fully written off.

blams
05-18-2018, 12:34 PM
No case for James? He is the better more valuable player - even this season. I don't care what the Rockets is.

LeBron is the MVP, but he'll never be given another one.

MygirlhatesCod
05-18-2018, 12:47 PM
No case for James? He is the better more valuable player - even this season. I don't care what the Rockets is.

I can get behind that. as much as I cant stand the situation he himself created, dude has carried that squad. I feel like harden's case is solid but he has a stable CP3 to shoulder some of the weight. I understand he wont win, but consideration should at the very least be given.

Driven
05-18-2018, 12:52 PM
• Anthony Davis
• James Harden
• LeBron James

• Donovan Mitchell
• Ben Simmons
• Jayson Tatum

Kia NBA Sixth Man Award
• Eric Gordon
• Fred VanVleet
• Lou Williams

• Anthony Davis
• Joel Embiid
• Rudy Gobert

• Clint Capela
• Spencer Dinwiddie
• Victor Oladipo

NBA Coach of the Year
• Dwane Casey
• Quin Snyder
• Brad Stevens

TheDish87
05-18-2018, 01:28 PM

he finished in 4th in the east so no he doesnt really have a case to win

WaDe03
05-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Why isn’t the future MVPs coach top 3? Led them to the best record in the league even over that cheating warriors team.

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2018, 01:47 PM

Definitely not. Dude quit for a solid 2 months before all the trades happened.

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2018, 01:50 PM
I’m a Raptor fan that was happy with DC’s firing but he still deserves COY. Yes I’m aware that Hayward was out for the whole year and Kyrie missed 20 games but do you remember where everyone had the Raptors finishing prior to the season starting? Most people didn’t even have them in the top 5 in the East. He got great results out of a 2nd unit comprised of 2nd year players and CJ Miles and the Raptors never lost 3 games in a row during the regular season.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Why isn’t the future MVPs coach top 3? Led them to the best record in the league even over that cheating warriors team.

Probably the same reason Steve Kerr name isn't up there. When you have that amount of talent you are expected to do well.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 02:43 PM

Cuz they cheated too. They also signed a free agent.

:)

Mr.ATLHawks
05-18-2018, 02:43 PM
I think the bigger question is why isn't the 76ers coach up here on the list as, at the very least, an honorable mention.

prodigy
05-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Make your picks:

• Anthony Davis
• James Harden
• LeBron James

• Donovan Mitchell
• Ben Simmons
• Jayson Tatum

Kia NBA Sixth Man Award
• Eric Gordon
• Fred VanVleet
• Lou Williams

• Anthony Davis
• Joel Embiid
• Rudy Gobert

• Clint Capela
• Spencer Dinwiddie
• Victor Oladipo

NBA Coach of the Year
• Dwane Casey
• Quin Snyder
• Brad Stevens

MVP- Lebron. easy

ROY- Mitchell. Had a better season then Tatum. Simmons was paid by hte sixers last season so is not a rookie.

6th man- Williams. close, like Gordon a lot.

defense- Davis

Improved- Oladipo. great season, worked so hard to get in better shape and improve his game. respect.

Coach- Synder. I know Raptors and Boston would be good all season. Utah surprised me. Stevens is a close 2nd but more surprised with Utah.

prodigy
05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
I think the bigger question is why isn't the 76ers coach up here on the list as, at the very least, an honorable mention.

because they have 557395968349569495 1st round picks.

TheDish87
05-18-2018, 03:55 PM
dont all the good teams have multiple first round picks?

TheDish87
05-18-2018, 03:57 PM
MVP- Lebron. easy

ROY- Mitchell. Had a better season then Tatum. Simmons was paid by hte sixers last season so is not a rookie.

6th man- Williams. close, like Gordon a lot.

defense- Davis

Improved- Oladipo. great season, worked so hard to get in better shape and improve his game. respect.

Coach- Synder. I know Raptors and Boston would be good all season. Utah surprised me. Stevens is a close 2nd but more surprised with Utah.

lol it doesnt work like that. you just called a guy not a rookie who is literally on the rookie of the year ballot from the league. your issue with the rule is irrelevant

Oakmont_4
05-18-2018, 05:25 PM
lol it doesnt work like that. you just called a guy not a rookie who is literally on the rookie of the year ballot from the league. your issue with the rule is irrelevant

He's not a rookie

More-Than-Most
05-18-2018, 06:18 PM
He's not a rookie

except he is... i know it hurts but he is and when he wins the tears will be delicious. The rule states he is a rookie period.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Lol at 0 argument for Mitchell, the guy who was the offensive leader in his rookie year for a 5 seed. I had Simmons, but yes, there was clearly an argument to be made. And he showed more so in the playoffs that it was a very valid argument.

there is 0 arguments to be made... Simmons was tyhe general for his team and helped lead his team to wait for it... a 3 seed with a better record than Utah on top of having a better record than Utah against west playoff teams... Simmons statistically out played Dmitch in every single area INCLUDING defense by a large margins except for PPG which Mitch had More PPG on several more shots.... Again there is 0 arguments if you follow the rules and the rules say Ben simmons is a rookie thus deserves ROY.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 06:28 PM
It's too bad Utah as a whole didn't get the same attention as Philly throughout the year. What Mitchell did during the playoffs was how he was most of the year, very impressive, I think he should win roty, can't go wrong with either

Given they waited this long tho, what if Tatum won! lol, hard to get mad at that too

Jamiecballer
05-18-2018, 08:06 PM
I imagine if the league does honorable mentions he would be included. The league definitely got the right 3 finalists this time.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

JordansBulls
05-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Only no brainer is Harden is MVP. Led team to best record in franchise history, led the league in scoring, PER, WS, WS Per 48 minutes, Box Plus/Minus, etc.

TylerSL
05-19-2018, 12:22 AM
It will probably go

Most Valuable Player
1. James Harden
2. Lebron James
3. Anthony Davis

Rookie of the Year
1. Ben Simmons
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Jason Tatum

6th Man of the Year
1. Lou Williams
2. Eric Gordan
3. Fred VanVleet

Defensive Player of the Year
1. Anthony Davis
2. Rudy Gobert
3. Joel Embiid

Most Improved Player
1. Victor Oladipo
2. Clint Capela
3. Spencer Dinwiddie

Coach of the Year
1. Brad Stevens
2. Dwyane Casey
3. Quin Snyder

Bostonjorge
05-19-2018, 01:23 AM
I like Gordon for 6th man. He was a super sub all year. In the playoffs he’s been a superstar sub for Houston. Lou had a great scoring year. The playoffs is making me forget that. Like I forget the Toronto coach is a good coach.

Simmons had the best 2017/2018 season. He just looked closest to a superstar compared to Tatum and Mitchell. In the playoffs Mitchell looked just as close to a superstar if not closer. Like Simmons I expect Mitchell in the playoffs next year. While Tatum(if only for a min) reached superstar level 7 strait 20+ point playoff games. After that you might just have to give it to Tatum.

prodigy
05-19-2018, 09:41 AM

He's not a rookie. He was part of the team last year. Had the playbook, at practices, ran through plays etc... He was a sixer last year. I hate the fact he's even on the ballot. it's stupid. Let a kid straight from college(where ever) who had nothing to do with the NBA win the award. They are the ones who came in blind and played great.

BTW- Mitchell had a better season in my eyes regardless.

prodigy
05-19-2018, 09:43 AM
except he is... i know it hurts but he is and when he wins the tears will be delicious. The rule states he is a rookie period.

Tears? LMAO i could careless who wins I don't like either team. I just think that rules dumb and a actual 1st year guy should win the award.

WaDe03
05-19-2018, 03:28 PM
I don’t understand why everyone *****es about Simmons. If they say he’s a rookie then he’s a rookie. Literally doesn’t matter what anyone else says.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Tears? LMAO i could careless who wins I don't like either team. I just think that rules dumb and a actual 1st year guy should win the award.

what about guys that stay 2 years or more in school compared to guys that came right out of highschool in years past? See how that works?

TheDish87
05-21-2018, 08:43 AM
He's not a rookie

lol but he literally is. no one cares about opinion on something that is already a fact.

TheDish87
05-21-2018, 08:44 AM
He's not a rookie. He was part of the team last year. Had the playbook, at practices, ran through plays etc... He was a sixer last year. I hate the fact he's even on the ballot. it's stupid. Let a kid straight from college(where ever) who had nothing to do with the NBA win the award. They are the ones who came in blind and played great.

BTW- Mitchell had a better season in my eyes regardless.

lol

IndyRealist
05-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Harden
Simmons
Gobert
Oladipo
Stevens
Don't particularly have an opinion on 6th man.

If you disqualify Simmons, you are simply wrong. It's not an opinion to ignore the fact that the NBA put him on the ballot. It's being deliberately incorrect. You can DISLIKE the fact that he is listed as a rookie, but it doesn't change that he is one.

Same thing with Gobert. The NBA says he played enough to qualify. Saying he didn't is choosing to be incorrect.

Personally, I think Capella should get MIP. But as a tertiary scorer he's going to lose out in popular voting every time to a primary scorer. I'm also rooting for Casey. He got a raw deal.

warfelg
05-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Harden
Simmons
Gobert
Oladipo
Stevens
Don't particularly have an opinion on 6th man.

If you disqualify Simmons, you are simply wrong. It's not an opinion to ignore the fact that the NBA put him on the ballot. It's being deliberately incorrect. You can DISLIKE the fact that he is listed as a rookie, but it doesn't change that he is one.

Same thing with Gobert. The NBA says he played enough to qualify. Saying he didn't is choosing to be incorrect.

Personally, I think Capella should get MIP. But as a tertiary scorer he's going to lose out in popular voting every time to a primary scorer. I'm also rooting for Casey. He got a raw deal.

Agreed on the Simmons/Gobert. I’m tired of the “I don’t like the nba’s rule so I’ll make up my own.”

What’s funny to me on the Simmons one is people said games with Embiid, but didn’t say much about him not playing 2 years. And if Mitchell and Tatum weren’t this good I bet there wouldn’t be many complaints either.

Leftcoast_yg
05-21-2018, 03:17 PM
playoffs have no meaning on ROY but Mitchell had a slim case, he shouldnt be fully written off.

Slim case huh Lmao

TheDish87
05-21-2018, 03:27 PM
yes, very slim. Will probably get as much as 25% of the first place votes

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 05:33 PM
what about guys that stay 2 years or more in school compared to guys that came right out of highschool in years past? See how that works?

Those guys "chose" to. Did Simmons choose to get injured? Nope. So it makes zero sense to compare these two scenarios. They aren't good analogies at all. Under NBA rules, Simmons is a rookie but I'd like to see the league change the ROTY to only have a single winner from each draft class. Let's be honest here: Donovan would be winning this in a landslide if Simmons wasn't eligible. And it's a complete disservice to him because he's every bit deserving of it.

mike_noodles
05-21-2018, 05:55 PM
lol but he literally is. no one cares about opinion on something that is already a fact.

I'm with you, he didn't play a game until this year, that makes him a rookie this year. He's not the first one that has been a rookie the year after he was drafted. As a matter of fact, then nobody who has played pro before should be eligible for ROY, whether it was Australia, Europe or China. See how silly that would be.

On to the awards

Lebron as MVP because he is the MVP. That Cavs teams wouldn't make the playoffs without him.
Gobert as DPOY
Vanvleet as 6th man (this is my homer pick)
Simmons as ROY
Oladipo as MIP
Stevens as COY

More-Than-Most
05-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Those guys "chose" to. Did Simmons choose to get injured? Nope. So it makes zero sense to compare these two scenarios. They aren't good analogies at all. Under NBA rules, Simmons is a rookie but I'd like to see the league change the ROTY to only have a single winner from each draft class. Let's be honest here: Donovan would be winning this in a landslide if Simmons wasn't eligible. And it's a complete disservice to him because he's every bit deserving of it.

Them choosing to is even worse because they are giving themselves a competitive advantage so yes they are different... One guy spends months rehabbing and not being in game shape where as these guys come out firing from the rookie league onward.

I do agree Mitch wins this in a landslide if simmons played last year and the worst part is either simmons or Dmitch destroys last years Roy.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2018, 06:19 PM
The thing with gobert... People are complaining about his games played... really think about this... Joel embiid is easily 2nd and Gobert was superior by a **** ton coming back from being injured... Both embiid and gobert with a full year of training now that both are healthy my god.

I am all for giving it to Embiid or AD because of games played IF IT WERE CLOSE... It wasnt.

In terms of defense this year there is a gap between gobert to embiid and embiid to AD... The one thing that is amazing about AD is he was still good defensively while literally carrying their offense and playing a ton of minutes which is nuts.

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Them choosing to is even worse because they are giving themselves a competitive advantage so yes they are different... One guy spends months rehabbing and not being in game shape where as these guys come out firing from the rookie league onward.

I do agree Mitch wins this in a landslide if simmons played last year and the worst part is either simmons or Dmitch destroys last years Roy.

No, because they may choose to go to college for various reasons. In Mitchell's case, he wasn't even sure he wanted to declare because he wasn't sure he was ready for it. That's the type of player he is. And let's not compare college to the NBA. It's two totally different games. Lonzo was one of the best college players and he's looked terrible in the NBA. They're not exactly mutually exclusive. I think Tim Duncan opted to stay four years because he wanted to get his degree. He could have entered the NBA much sooner.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2018, 06:58 PM
No, because they may choose to go to college for various reasons. In Mitchell's case, he wasn't even sure he wanted to declare because he wasn't sure he was ready for it. That's the type of player he is. And let's not compare college to the NBA. It's two totally different games. Lonzo was one of the best college players and he's looked terrible in the NBA. They're not exactly mutually exclusive. I think Tim Duncan opted to stay four years because he wanted to get his degree. He could have entered the NBA much sooner.

not disagreeing at all but there is value in a player coming out after 2 years over just 1 year... there is value in guys playing summer league and preseason... Ben didnt play in the NBA and you can sit behind the scenes and watch all you want but the value is in playing... Ben didnt even travel with the sixers as often and he couldnt get into game shape like all these rookies are when entering the NBA. I have no issues if they make the award per draft class but i still think there is unfair advantages for guys that play extra years or play in a much tougher non nba league overseas... If people are gonna complain about Ben sitting a season and watching then 2nd year players and players overseas also need to be ineligible because of the added advantage.

prodigy
05-22-2018, 02:55 PM

No because that's not the NBA lmao!

Forever35
05-22-2018, 05:30 PM
deleted

Sanjay
06-04-2018, 02:03 AM
Make your picks:

• Anthony Davis
• James Harden
• LeBron James