PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Budenholzer to Milwaukee

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2018, 08:52 PM
ESPN is reporting the Bucks have hired Mike Budenholzer as their next head coach:

For general manager Jon Horst, Budenholzer had long been his top target, and a finalized contract is expected to be completed soon, league sources said.
The other finalist for the job, San Antonio Spurs assistant Ettore Messina, was informed that he was out of the running on Wednesday, league sources said.
Budenholzer, who previously had coached the Atlanta Hawks, met with Bucks ownership on Tuesday in New York.
- Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23524226/mike-budenholzer-agrees-become-milwaukee-bucks-new-head-coach)

TrueFan420
05-16-2018, 09:34 PM
ESPN is reporting the Bucks have hired Mike Budenholzer as their next head coach:

Bucks just got better with this hire

KnicksorBust
05-17-2018, 06:18 AM
The best available coach went to the best available job.

GoferKing_
05-17-2018, 07:54 AM
Watch out for the Bucks next season.

IndyRealist
05-17-2018, 08:06 AM
The best available coach went to the best available job.

Is Toronto not the best available job?

hugepatsfan
05-17-2018, 08:32 AM
I wouldnít be surprised to see them make a trade with Atlanta that sends Bledsoe and Henson to ATL for Dedmon and Schroeder. Gets Bud some guys he knows for his system.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Is Toronto not the best available job?

i wouldn't say so. there is a superstar in place in Milwaukee - even if i feel like he's not as impactful as he is a stat stuffer -- and he isn't set up to fail the way he would were he replacing a 59 win coach.

JAZZNC
05-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Bud is a good coach. I'll never understand the front office gutting a team and then letting the coach go because they don't win games. But the Bucks certainly got a good guy to lead the team and can hopefully get some semblance of an offense on that team.

jimboslice15
05-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Bud is a good coach. I'll never understand the front office gutting a team and then letting the coach go because they don't win games. But the Bucks certainly got a good guy to lead the team and can hopefully get some semblance of an offense on that team.

For what its worth, rumors are Atlanta got rid oh him because they were winning too many games, thus hurting the tank.

Bud & Atl had different mindsets - Atl wanted to rebuild and Bud wanted to compete now, so the outcome ended up being the best result for all parties involved.

IndyRealist
05-17-2018, 11:57 AM
i wouldn't say so. there is a superstar in place in Milwaukee - even if i feel like he's not as impactful as he is a stat stuffer -- and he isn't set up to fail the way he would were he replacing a 59 win coach.

The latter I can understand, but I feel like Toronto has a flexible roster that you could move a major piece like DeRozan and everything else will just fall into place without missing a beat. Milwaukee is built one way, around Giannis, and anything else requires a complete teardown.

crewfan13
05-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Iím obviously biased as a bucks fan, but I suppose it depends on your assessment of the raptors. To me, the bucks have upside and a guy to build around. Toronto sort of is who they are at this point. Maybe a young guy develops unexpectedly, but their core is basically past the point of improvement and are likely approaching some skill erosion in the near future.

If you feel the raptors can be coached into success in the playoffs, then maybe that job has appeal. But if you think thereís a fundamental flaw with that roster that isnít conducive to winning in the playoffs, itís a tough spot to be in. You have high expectations with little way of improving. Sure, you can trade derozan but youíre not likely getting a better player back. And do you really want to rely on a 32 year old Lowry much longer?

To me, the bucks job gives you a poorly coached team with a few young guys with room for growth yet, mainly Giannis and maybe Jabari, depending what the bucks do with him. Thereís room for player growth and a ton of room for team growth due to being poorly coached. Toronto is a veteran team thatís actually been fairly well coached. Obviously Bud thinks heís a better coach than Casey, but I have to think he recognizes Casey was a better coach than kidd/prunty. And Toronto is also a team without a ton of young player improvement potential. I could see Milwaukee definitely being a more attractive job because of that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-17-2018, 07:52 PM
I wouldnít be surprised to see them make a trade with Atlanta that sends Bledsoe and Henson to ATL for Dedmon and Schroeder. Gets Bud some guys he knows for his system.

I was throwing out similar ideas earlier today. We could use a Dedmon or whatever that knows the playbooks.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Get the feeling Bucks are lining up a trade to try and land a big fish this offseason. They've got real potential going forward with Bud at the helm

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Get the feeling Bucks are lining up a trade to try and land a big fish this offseason. They've got real potential going forward with Bud at the helm

Bucks finally have a top 10 coach since Karl. I still ****ing hate Karl. He broke up our big 3 of Robinson,Allen,Cassell. Bucks roster still needs work no matter what. But a legit coach can make some of our turds smell nice for asset value hopefully. hahahaaa Bucks still need a center and a PG. Also a better bench. Also a SG. Since Middleton isn't a SG anymore.

Brogdon is okay but not a beast at SG, Snell sucks. Also Middleton and Parker stuck at SF. So something has to give there. Somebody has to go. I was hoping for a Bledsoe for Vucevic. Since good old John Hammond works for Magic now. Maybe he's gullible and still likes a few Bucks hopefully.

Bucks need a Dedmon or Vucevic. S&T for Dedmon or hopefully Bud can lure him here with MLE. MLE isn't much these days. But center market is a bit thin. Bucks and Wizards and maybe Mavs are the most desperate for centers.

aman_13
05-17-2018, 09:35 PM
The Raptors did sit with Bud on Monday but was reported that they didn't extend an offer.

aman_13
05-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Bud is a really good coach but it's reported he's not relationship oriented.

TrueFan420
05-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Bud is a really good coach but it's reported he's not relationship oriented.

Winning usually cures that