PDA

View Full Version : Start a Team: Stephen Curry or Dwyane Wade

JordansBulls
05-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Who do you take to start a team with coming into the league?

Jamiecballer
05-16-2018, 08:14 PM
No injury concerns? Wade please.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
05-16-2018, 08:27 PM
No injury concerns? Wade please.

Youíre smoking weed

Jamiecballer
05-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Prime Wade was better than Curry when one considers both sides of the ball and closing ability.

goingfor28
05-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Curry. He's literally unguardable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Curry and Wade had pretty equal value over their first nine seasons, considering how much better Wade is defensively, and how much more efficient and diverse Curry is offensively.
But Curry is the best shooter ever. Wade's great, but it's not like he's the best ever at what he does. Curry has the same gravity, but can take it out past 30 feet. You can block guys like Wade off from the post and dare them to shoot.

TrueFan420
05-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Curry all day

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Easily Wade, much better all around player and has shown he can put his team on his back and win a championship while being down 0-2 and down 13 with 6 minutes left in game 3. Give me the guy who shines in the biggest moments over the guy who folds, canít score on Kevin Love in the clutch, and throws behind the back passes to the fans sitting courtside in the clutch during the finals.

The results of this thread will show how underappreciated Wade is and how overrated Curry is

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Curry and Wade had pretty equal value over their first nine seasons, considering how much better Wade is defensively, and how much more efficient and diverse Curry is offensively.
But Curry is the best shooter ever. Wade's great, but it's not like he's the best ever at what he does. Curry has the same gravity, but can take it out past 30 feet. You can block guys like Wade off from the post and dare them to shoot.

No one could stop prime Wade from getting where he wanted and thatís a fact. He would eithe rbeat you off the dribble, cross you, or put you in the pick n roll and be gone.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Off topic but did anyone see where Shaq said he would takes Birds and Reggieís shooting over Curry? I donít understand how some of these former players are so stupid.

KingstonHawke
05-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Youíre smoking weed

Weed? I was thinking he was smoking much worse. What makes Curry so special is that he makes every player he's on the court with better no matter how ball dominant they are. First year I moved to Miami I saw Wade cost LeBron and the Heat a championship. If that was Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James they win at least 4 before breaking up. At least Kyrie could stretch the floor for when he wasn't the primary option.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 09:49 PM
Weed? I was thinking he was smoking much worse. What makes Curry so special is that he makes every player he's on the court with better no matter how ball dominant they are. First year I moved to Miami I saw Wade cost LeBron and the Heat a championship. If that was Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James they win at least 4 before breaking up. At least Kyrie could stretch the floor for when he wasn't the primary option.

What year was that? They had no shot in 2014 and if youíre saying 2011 you have no ****ing clue what youíre talking about because Wade was easily the best player in that series while LeBron choked.

JWO35
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
3pts > 2pts

Give me Curry 7days out of the week and twice on Sunday

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 10:03 PM
3pts > 2pts

Give me Curry 7days out of the week and twice on Sunday

By this logic Curry is the best player ever by a wide margin.

Curry
Ray
Reggie
Klay

The top 4 players ever

LOb0
05-16-2018, 10:51 PM
I got to take Wade. Curry has been a subpar playoff performer where Wade has had an all time performance.

Let me tell you, in the final 2 minutes of that game 7 where no one scored, Prime Wade is not having that. He'd of closed that game where Curry was missing 3s.

jason
05-16-2018, 11:10 PM
I'll take Curry

cmellofan15
05-16-2018, 11:18 PM
I'd take curry but not by a very wide margin

jason
05-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Delete

KingstonHawke
05-17-2018, 12:16 AM
What year was that? They had no shot in 2014 and if youíre saying 2011 you have no ****ing clue what youíre talking about because Wade was easily the best player in that series while LeBron choked.

I'm not expecting you to be non biased when you have Wade as not only your screen name but your avatar as well. With that said, you don't really understand basketball. The reason they lost to the Mavs is because LeBron and Wade are both at their best when being extrememly ball dominant. But since LeBron is the better spot up shooter, finisher, rebounder, (I could write this list all day), and he's unselfish they went with Wade being the primary ball handler more often then LeBron. It cost them that series. LeBron should've been the primary ball handler, and Wade should've been coming off the bench looking to do nothing but score and defend his position.

Remind me what happened next year when LeBron became the primary ball handler almost exclusively and Wade didn't even play half of the year because of injuries and was replaced with real spot up shooters like Allen and Lewis? They faced a much better team and beat them handidly.

Heck, I wasn't even going to bring up them losing to the Spurs, but that was mostly on Wade as well. You replace Wade with Klay Thompson and they win that series. You replace him with Dwight Howard and they win that series. I love Wade, but he's not built to play with other ball dominant guards. LeBron, Rondo, Rose, Butler... these are just a few players who were much better without Wade than with him. Outside shooting is that important!

still1ballin
05-17-2018, 12:36 AM
Wade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2018, 01:30 AM
No one could stop prime Wade from getting where he wanted and thatís a fact. He would eithe rbeat you off the dribble, cross you, or put you in the pick n roll and be gone.

The right defense can make Wade's drives way less efficient, while knowing he can't punish them past the midrange. Curry is pulling defenders out past the three point line and opening the entire floor up.
Let's not forget how nice I was being by only judging Wade on his first nine years. He significantly fell off afterward. Curry's shooting is more conducive to a longer career and fitting in with a changing cast of players. He's just easier to build a better team around.

cmellofan15
05-17-2018, 07:17 AM
Now that I think about it some more..it's a wide margin. Curry at his best is a two time mvp Wade never reached the peak that Curry has.

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2018, 07:42 AM
I'm not expecting you to be non biased when you have Wade as not only your screen name but your avatar as well. With that said, you don't really understand basketball. The reason they lost to the Mavs is because LeBron and Wade are both at their best when being extrememly ball dominant. But since LeBron is the better spot up shooter, finisher, rebounder, (I could write this list all day), and he's unselfish they went with Wade being the primary ball handler more often then LeBron. It cost them that series. LeBron should've been the primary ball handler, and Wade should've been coming off the bench looking to do nothing but score and defend his position.

Remind me what happened next year when LeBron became the primary ball handler almost exclusively and Wade didn't even play half of the year because of injuries and was replaced with real spot up shooters like Allen and Lewis? They faced a much better team and beat them handidly.

Heck, I wasn't even going to bring up them losing to the Spurs, but that was mostly on Wade as well. You replace Wade with Klay Thompson and they win that series. You replace him with Dwight Howard and they win that series. I love Wade, but he's not built to play with other ball dominant guards. LeBron, Rondo, Rose, Butler... these are just a few players who were much better without Wade than with him. Outside shooting is that important!

Stahp lebron choked ainít no way around it lmao

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Iíll take wade

NYKalltheway
05-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Now that I think about it some more..it's a wide margin. Curry at his best is a two time mvp Wade never reached the peak that Curry has.

Yes, because Curry at his best was competing against Wade at his best for those 2 MVPs :laugh:

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 09:31 AM

There is so much wrong with this post lol. Wade wasnít the reason LeBron completely disappeared in the 4th. He also wasnít the reason he couldnít post up JJ Barea.

Next, they didnít get Ray Allen until year 3.

Next, yea Iím sure if you replaced Wade in 2014 who was very noticeably injured (unlike Curry who we always give a pass for ďinjuriesĒ) playing on half a leg with prime Klay Thompson they probably do better but if they had prime Wade they win the series.

Youíre talking about replacing injured Wade on half a leg with guys in their primes lol.

How the **** was Rose better without Wade? They literally barely touched the floor together while Rose was out all year.

LeBron was at his all around best in Miami so youíre wrong there.

Butler has the best year of his career next to Wade and said the reason he was able to take it to the next level was because of Wade so again youíre wrong.

I donít know basketball though lmao! Everything I just listed is a fact.

Also, I want you to sit back and think about that fact that you said Wade, who was the best player in the world in 2011 shouldíve came off the bench.

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Yes, because Curry at his best was competing against Wade at his best for those 2 MVPs :laugh:

Peak curry could never and has never took his game to the level Wade has on the biggest stage, that alone should be the deciding factor.

Hell Curry is so bad on one side of the ball heís been targeted defensively for YEARS!

These guys have no clue what theyíre talking about but theyíre brainwashed by shooting and living in the moment.

05-06, 06-07 pre injury, and 08-09 Wade are all better than any version of Curry weíve ever seen. Unanimous MVP turned choke artist when the finals come around.

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 09:44 AM
2 reasons Wade doesnít have an MVP, got injured in 06-07 while leading the MVP race, played at a time where LeBron actually cared about the regular season.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2018, 10:17 AM
2 reasons Wade doesnít have an MVP, got injured in 06-07 while leading the MVP race, played at a time where LeBron actually cared about the regular season.I don't like to agree with you on anything involving wade but I have to here. Some guys are MVP players regardless of circumstance and some MVPs were a confluence of great player and favorable circumstances. Wade was the former (albeit briefly) and IMO curry was the latter.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2018, 10:39 AM

And if you so much as breathed on him you best believe there would be a whistle!

Joking aside I'd still take Wade.

mightybosstone
05-17-2018, 11:38 AM
It's really close, but give me Curry. Peak Curry is the more dominant player and has a greater overall impact on the floor because of his uncanny ability to space the floor. Wade is the better defender and closer, but I just think peak Curry is the more impactful player.

KingstonHawke
05-17-2018, 11:41 AM
There is so much wrong with this post lol. Wade wasnít the reason LeBron completely disappeared in the 4th. He also wasnít the reason he couldnít post up JJ Barea.

Next, they didnít get Ray Allen until year 3.

Next, yea Iím sure if you replaced Wade in 2014 who was very noticeably injured (unlike Curry who we always give a pass for ďinjuriesĒ) playing on half a leg with prime Klay Thompson they probably do better but if they had prime Wade they win the series.

Youíre talking about replacing injured Wade on half a leg with guys in their primes lol.

How the **** was Rose better without Wade? They literally barely touched the floor together while Rose was out all year.

LeBron was at his all around best in Miami so youíre wrong there.

Butler has the best year of his career next to Wade and said the reason he was able to take it to the next level was because of Wade so again youíre wrong.

I donít know basketball though lmao! Everything I just listed is a fact.

Also, I want you to sit back and think about that fact that you said Wade, who was the best player in the world in 2011 shouldíve came off the bench.

1. I'm not absolving LeBron of all responsibility. But the facts matter. And fact is LeBron is a much better player when not playing along side Wade. That's always been the case. And when you have the best player in the world and you don't optimize for him because your second best player can't be at his best when you do, then that second best player is hurting the team.

2. Correction... you're right, Wade started getting banged up year two and the shooters didn't get there until year three. The point is still the same. LeBron looked better playing next to shooters.

3. I'm not comparing Thompson to injured Wade. I'm saying if Wade was fully healthy and Thompson was too, LeBron would be better off playing with Thompson. And it's not even close. I still think Wade is better than Thompson, but my point is that second best players number one job is to help the best player to be at his best. That's why the Lakers were so good. Kobe and Shaq complimented each other regardless of who was the 1st or 2nd option.

4. Rose and Wade played 16 games together and having ball dominant non-shooters in the backcourt hurt the entire team. They were garbage together so they were forced to try and split them up by having Wade play a lot of his minutes with LeBron, but then that hurt LeBron's game. That is why they both got traded so quickly. Neither one is a reliable spot up shooter.

5. LeBron is at his all around best right now!

6. When healthy Butler has been MUCH better in Minnesota.

7. Wade was the best player in the world in 2011? Maybe you got your 3 and 6 mixed up. I watched them play a lot that year, and did so from right in South Beach. No one that's not related to Wade would ever make that claim!

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 11:48 AM
1. I'm not absolving LeBron of all responsibility. But the facts matter. And fact is LeBron is a much better player when not playing along side Wade. That's always been the case. And when you have the best player in the world and you don't optimize for him because your second best player can't be at his best when you do, then that second best player is hurting the team.

2. Correction... you're right, Wade started getting banged up year two and the shooters didn't get there until year three. The point is still the same. LeBron looked better playing next to shooters.

3. I'm not comparing Thompson to injured Wade. I'm saying if Wade was fully healthy and Thompson was too, LeBron would be better off playing with Thompson. And it's not even close. I still think Wade is better than Thompson, but my point is that second best players number one job is to help the best player to be at his best. That's why the Lakers were so good. Kobe and Shaq complimented each other regardless of who was the 1st or 2nd option.

4. Rose and Wade played 16 games together and having ball dominant non-shooters in the backcourt hurt the entire team. They were garbage together so they were forced to try and split them up by having Wade play a lot of his minutes with LeBron, but then that hurt LeBron's game. That is why they both got traded so quickly. Neither one is a reliable spot up shooter.

5. LeBron is at his all around best right now!

6. When healthy Butler has been MUCH better in Minnesota.

7. Wade was the best player in the world in 2011? Maybe you got your 3 and 6 mixed up. I watched them play a lot that year, and did so from right in South Beach. No one that's not related to Wade would ever make that claim!

1. LeBron was his best in 2012-13 which was next to Wade.

3. As in prime healthy Wade? If thatís your claim you need to go to bed.

4. 16 games lmao! Cavs would be better right now if they had Wade and thatís a fact. Another fact for you, Wade had the highest net rating on the Cavs when he played.

5. No, he plays one side of the ball.

6. Thatís very false, you need to do some research.

7. Best players show up on the biggest, LeBron didnít in 2011. Curry doesnít now.

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 11:50 AM
It's really close, but give me Curry. Peak Curry is the more dominant player and has a greater overall impact on the floor because of his uncanny ability to space the floor. Wade is the better defender and closer, but I just think peak Curry is the more impactful player.

That impact doesnít matter when he consistently folds on the biggest stage and is targeted defensively and worn down. Give me the guy who I know is going to show up on the biggest stage and has shown he has the ability to put the team on his back when the game/series already looks to be over.

rocket
05-17-2018, 12:21 PM
That impact doesnít matter when he consistently folds on the biggest stage and is targeted defensively and worn down. Give me the guy who I know is going to show up on the biggest stage and has shown he has the ability to put the team on his back when the game/series already looks to be over.

what did i just read? like did i actually just read this

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 12:22 PM
what did i just read? like did i actually just read this

Explain what I said that was wrong. Curry folds on the biggest stage, Wade excels. Teams target Curry defensively, Wade was an all nba defender and a DPOY candidate at one point.

IndyRealist
05-17-2018, 12:36 PM
What it boils down to for me is over the first 5 years I'd take Wade, but for a career Curry's playstyle is far less injury prone and will let him be more effective for longer.

'06 Wade is something you'll tell your grandkids about.

WestCoastSportz
05-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Today's game isn't what it was 15 years ago. Curry helped define today's game so I'm going with him on my team.

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Other than shooting what can you say Curry is undoubtedly better than Wade at?

RowBTrice
05-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Curry no doubt

Sanjay
06-04-2018, 02:29 AM

This. Although maybe handles lol.

Sanjay
06-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Curry no doubt

You would have to get the right guys around him for him to be able to do what he does.

WestCoastSportz
06-04-2018, 01:11 PM

Its hard to really compare since one played the shooting guard position for the majority of his career while one is a point guard. So its easy to say that Curry is the better ball handler and passer out of the two. Wade is a career 5.5 assists per game guy while Curry is at 6.8. We're talking about a difference maker and what a guy brings to a team. What has Wade done without Lebron? He didn't win a championship, but Curry has one without Durant.

valade16
06-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Explain what I said that was wrong. Curry folds on the biggest stage, Wade excels. Teams target Curry defensively, Wade was an all nba defender and a DPOY candidate at one point.

Curry just set the record for most 3-pointers made in a Finals game. He is currently averaging 31 PPG this Finals.

If that is him folding, he is unquestionably better than Dwayne Wade.

valade16
06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Its hard to really compare since one played the shooting guard position for the majority of his career while one is a point guard. So its easy to say that Curry is the better ball handler and passer out of the two. Wade is a career 5.5 assists per game guy while Curry is at 6.8. We're talking about a difference maker and what a guy brings to a team. What has Wade done without Lebron? He didn't win a championship, but Curry has one without Durant.

What are you talking about? Wade led the Heat to a title in 2006.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 01:52 PM

He has the 2nd greatest finals performance ever back in 2006 when he won his first championship 6 years before LeBron.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Curry.

Wade is a locker room diva and cancer.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Curry just set the record for most 3-pointers made in a Finals game. He is currently averaging 31 PPG this Finals.

If that is him folding, he is unquestionably better than Dwayne Wade.

Heís been good this finals, he was good the last. Iím not judging a guy playing on a team wheee he canít be doubled due to them being the most stacked team in nba history. Iím basing it on 2015 and 2016 where the talent on their team wasnít an absolute overkill and defenses could actually scheme for him. Same reason why KD gets no credit. For example, imagine swapping LeBron with KD right now, his numbers would be ****ing insane. Even better than they currently are.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Curry.

Wade is a locker room diva and cancer.

Based on what?

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Based on what?

Wade was not liked by his teammates in Chicago and Cleveland. He was traded off for peanuts to Miami soon after.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 02:08 PM
there's multiple reports on Wade as a bad teammate. its been discussed over the years and on podcasts. great player, crap teammate and not fun to be around.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729130-dwyane-wades-bulls-teammates-reportedly-cant-stand-him

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-wade-was-biggest-issue-in-cavaliers-locker-room/

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Wade was not liked by his teammates in Chicago and Cleveland. He was traded off for peanuts to Miami soon after.

Both are false, he still talks to many of them from both teams. He went off on his teammates in Chicago for not caring like great leaders should. He was traded from Cleveland because they brought in Hood Clarkson etc and want to go with a youth movement. They told Wade he may not play much because of this and asked if he would like to ride it out and see what happens or be traded somewhere else. He asked to be traded (look how thatís turned out for the Cavs). During his time in Miami he is known as one of the greatest leaders in sports history. If youíre going to make claims like that you need to know what youíre talking about.

JLynn943
06-04-2018, 02:16 PM
I went with Wade, but only by a slim margin. Curry is the better shooter, but their scoring is essentially equal (Curry's is just more efficient). Wade was the better defensive player. I think they're pretty even when it comes to facilitating offense. I know that Curry's assist numbers are higher, but Wade largely played SG and played with a ball dominant player in LeBron. Prior to LeBron, Wade's assist numbers look like Curry's (whose numbers I think are a little inflated by the system and quality of shooting around him). I do think Wade has been the better playoff performer. It's a tough comparison for sure.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 02:19 PM
You believe every article you read?

Hereís some:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-dwyane-wade-nikola-mirotic-20170314-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/florida/story/dwyane-wade-s-leadership-more-vital-than-ever-for-miami-heat-041616%3famp=true

I could link many, many more but you get the point. Wade is a far better leader than Curry.

Allphakenny1
06-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I went with Wade, but only by a slim margin. Curry is the better shooter, but their scoring is essentially equal (Curry's is just more efficient). Wade was the better defensive player. I think they're pretty even when it comes to facilitating offense. I know that Curry's assist numbers are higher, but Wade largely played SG and played with a ball dominant player in LeBron. Prior to LeBron, Wade's assist numbers look like Curry's (whose numbers I think are a little inflated by the system and quality of shooting around him). I do think Wade has been the better playoff performer. It's a tough comparison for sure.

I would say Curry's assist numbers are deflated due to the system. Allow him to handle the ball more and facilitate more like many other PGs and he would get more assists.Kerr's system takes Curry off the ball because he is so great at it, but if not, his assist numbers would go up.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 02:52 PM
you could find quotes anywhere. I will only trust opinions that are teammates and people who are close to the teams. Rondo was Right about Wade and Butler when he called them out.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 02:56 PM
After this year, will Curry pass Wade on the All time List?

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 04:20 PM
you could find quotes anywhere. I will only trust opinions that are teammates and people who are close to the teams. Rondo was Right about Wade and Butler when he called them out.

No he wasnít and everyone knows it. Youíre just grasping at straws trying to help your argument (there isnít really one). Trust the Miami Heat players and organization then. You have no clue what youíre talking about here.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 04:20 PM
After this year, will Curry pass Wade on the All time List?

Nope, these championships donít help Curry KD etc. legacy any in the opinion of many because of the huge talent gap. Thank KD for that.

MygirlhatesCod
06-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Heís been good this finals, he was good the last. Iím not judging a guy playing on a team wheee he canít be doubled due to them being the most stacked team in nba history. Iím basing it on 2015 and 2016 where the talent on their team wasnít an absolute overkill and defenses could actually scheme for him. Same reason why KD gets no credit. For example, imagine swapping LeBron with KD right now, his numbers would be ****ing insane. Even better than they currently are.

I honestly don't think It would be how you are picturing. Lebrons style wouldn't mesh well in the warriors system.
I don't think curry or wade is a clear favorite. two different and very effective players.

RowBTrice
06-04-2018, 05:00 PM
One of the greatest leaders in sports history???? LOL just stop with that nonsense.

FlashBolt
06-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Going with Curry here. He transcended an entire league and continues doing so. Last night showed how unstoppable the Warriors are when this guy gets going. Often the debate is, who's better: Curry or KD? My answer is I would rather have KD because he's more consistent as a player and simply can do more. But when Curry's performance ceiling is unmatched in the NBA. He has the ability to put your team out of reach from ever winning the game just by one quarter. He can turn a 3 point lead into a 15 point lead within a few minutes.

I loved prime Wade as a player and definitely one of the most exciting to watch all-time but he just never had the impact Curry can have on a team. Playoffs is the only thing bugging me right now but I still can't pick Wade over Curry overall.

FlashBolt
06-04-2018, 06:11 PM

Nothing else. But, other than shooting, what is Curry better than CP3 at right now? Or Westbrook? That's not how you evaluate how great a player is. Curry's best asset is obviously his shooting. He just so happens to be so potent with it that any other deficiency he may have is minimal.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 07:19 PM
I honestly don't think It would be how you are picturing. Lebrons style wouldn't mesh well in the warriors system.
I don't think curry or wade is a clear favorite. two different and very effective players.

I think if you surrounded LeBron with those shooters and that talent that KD has around him to the point defenses canít even double LeBron it would be a layup drill all game.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 07:21 PM
One of the greatest leaders in sports history???? LOL just stop with that nonsense.

Do your research.

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 07:24 PM
How soon they forget. Itís a shame.

Iím taking Wade in only his 2nd year in the league over any curry, 3rd year Wade isnít even a debate. Only argument over 2nd year Wade is 2015-16 but curry had an epic choke in the finals with that 73-9 team. Iím taking the guy whoís going to show up on every stage and can do more on the court

WaDe03
06-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Nothing else. But, other than shooting, what is Curry better than CP3 at right now? Or Westbrook? That's not how you evaluate how great a player is. Curry's best asset is obviously his shooting. He just so happens to be so potent with it that any other deficiency he may have is minimal.

We were robbed in that WCF with Paul going down, that was a great matchup and Paul was making huge plays in big moments of majority of every game.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 08:09 PM
in 25 years, everyone will remember Curry > Wade.

He changed the game. Wade was a blip on the radar.

BKLYNpigeon
06-04-2018, 08:12 PM
https://b.fssta.com/uploads/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/NBA/images/2016/07/06/070616-NBA-Miami-Heat-Dwyane-Wade-jersey-burn.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Dade County
06-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Wade hands down...

Curry is awesome, but no one takes into account of the system he plays in. If Curry was on a trash team, he would be looked at as an iso scorer. Matter of fact, most teams would just double team him as soon as his teammate tries to set a screen.

But on GS, you can't double no matter what!

Wade is just better all around to start off on a team. He is going to carry that franchise on both ends of the court. But Curry is very talented, so if he was on a trash team, he would just wait until he was a free agent and bounce onto a better team lol

But just think about if Curry had to carry the load, he might break down physically. Teams could actually gang up on him and be more physical if he tries to go into the paint.

Dade County
06-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Who do you take to start a team with coming into the league?

But maybe it was the wrong time to start a thread like this?... Curry is playing on another level right now. So most people will just be focus on Curry.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 09:30 AM
https://b.fssta.com/uploads/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/NBA/images/2016/07/06/070616-NBA-Miami-Heat-Dwyane-Wade-jersey-burn.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

You can find these on any player who leaves, thereís always at least 1 idiot in the crowd.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 09:32 AM
in 25 years, everyone will remember Curry > Wade.

He changed the game. Wade was a blip on the radar.

Theyíll remember Curry was the best shooter ever who folded in the biggest moments when his team wasnít overloaded with talent by KD joining (although they still were a little) and that other than shooting he wasnít better than Wade at anything skill wise, leadership wise, clutch gene, etc.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 09:50 AM

How soon they forget, Iím sorry but itís Wade and itís not even close. LeBron is the best player in the world and thereís not even a debate otherwise right now, if you put prime Wade in the league there would be a debate. I would die laughing watching Curry try to guard a prime Wade too.

ďBut they play different positions and Wade is a lot biggerĒ

Theyíre both guards and they are damn near the same height, an inch difference at most. Wade is just a lot stronger, faster, jumps way higher, longer, etc.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Curry

valade16
06-05-2018, 10:19 AM
There's legitimate concerns with Wade's inability to shoot the ball if he'd even be as effective in today's NBA.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 10:31 AM
There's legitimate concerns with Wade's inability to shoot the ball if he'd even be as effective in today's NBA.

Lmfao!!! He would be the best or 2nd best player in the league right now. Only person that would give LeBron a run for his money.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 10:39 AM
If Demar Derozan is effective in todayís game Wade would be a god. He shot 50%+ in a time where the floor wasnít near as spread as it is now and in a time where there were much better rim protectors and 2 bigs on the court. It would be a layup drill

Quinnsanity
06-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Curry is a significantly better player. The only reasons you take Wade are durability and his relationships with other stars of his era for recruiting purposes.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Curry is a significantly better player. The only reasons you take Wade are durability and his relationships with other stars of his era for recruiting purposes.

Under your name it says troll, I understand now.

jason
06-05-2018, 12:20 PM
There's legitimate concerns with Wade's inability to shoot the ball if he'd even be as effective in today's NBA.This.. Easily Curry

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 12:34 PM
This.. Easily Curry

Wade would be unstoppable with the floor as spaced as it is now. Wade is easily the better player and better all around player.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
I would love to see these ďlegitimate concerns.Ē Can someone list them?

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Wade. Curry relies on having 3 other top 20 players and a top 30 player to be good and make him who he is. Sorry not sorry.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Wade. Curry relies on having 3 other top 20 players and a top 30 player to be good and make him who he is. Sorry not sorry.

Could you imagine wade surrounded by that talent and shooting? Would be a wonder. Multiple MVPs, championships, and possibly even a DPOY.

Chronz
06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Look at that chin

cmellofan15
06-05-2018, 01:36 PM

did wade not rely on bosh, the goat shooter pre curry, and arguably the best player ever to get two rings? lmao let's be realistic here and drop this revisionist history. and when curry won his first ring who were those three top 20 players exactly? he had one other guy that was an all star reserve that year...kinda reminiscent of wade in 05-06? huh..

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 01:47 PM
1. LeBron was his best in 2012-13 which was next to Wade.

3. As in prime healthy Wade? If thatís your claim you need to go to bed.

4. 16 games lmao! Cavs would be better right now if they had Wade and thatís a fact. Another fact for you, Wade had the highest net rating on the Cavs when he played.

5. No, he plays one side of the ball.

6. Thatís very false, you need to do some research.

7. Best players show up on the biggest, LeBron didnít in 2011. Curry doesnít now.

Reading back through our entire conversation the one thing I noted is you're actually pretty good at sidetracking the entire conversation when you realize you don't have an answer for a point.

The conversation is Curry vs Wade. Both are great players who play the game very differently. One is the best shooter of all time and the other is at his best when he is allowed to be ball dominant, but is a shell of himself when taken off the ball due to his limited shooting ability.

Since basketball is a team game and Curry's style compliments all teams and all players well, he's clearly the better player. And it's not even close. Curry and Durant are better than James and Wade ever were, and I'm someone who grades James as the best player of all time. Now to get back to the points above...

1 & 5. You're just saying anything you can to make the case for Wade lol. We're talking about offense, and you know that! Because if we're not then you're suggesting that Wade had anything to do with James being the individual defender he was that year.

And James isn't playing one side of the ball. He's not as athletic as he once was, but he's still one of the best defenders at his positition in the league.

3. Just explained why "prime healthy Wade" doesn't beat out "prime healthy Curry". Swap Wade in for Curry and that team doesn't break the Bulls record, and then definitely doesn't become even better the next year when Durant joins. Hell, Durant wouldn't have even joined if that was Wade. His main reason for joining the Warriors was because he understands the value of being surrounded by spot up shooters.

What your doing is comparing Westbrook to Curry. As much as I love Westbrook, this year showed to even the idiots that he's not nearly as friendly Curry's. Curry could go to Thunder right now and make Carmelo a 23 a night player, while still averaging 20 himself as the 3rd option... he wouldn't even have to be the 2nd option to get his. He could spend half the season standing in the corner and still make everyone immensily better.

4. Cavs would not be better if they kept Wade. How and where would you even play him that would make sense? And again, you don't seem to be comprehending my main point. Basketball is a team sport, you keep saying "but Wade got his". That's awesome, but that's not enough. It's about how your game helps the team win.

Wade wasn't even okay with coming off the bench. I'd much rather have George Hill in the starting lineup and Clarkson coming off the bench. They didn't trade him for no reason. Or because they got an offer that blew them away.

6. I have. And even more importantly I watched him a bunch both years. I think you just don't really understand the game. You think that you're watching baseball and that everything boils down to who's average is half an intiger lower or higher. I wonder if you've ever even played basketball rather than just watching Wade from your parent's Pinecrest guest room.

7. This is just a dumb argument. It's like when people say Jordan went 6-0 in the finals and ignore all the times he didn't even make it to the finals as if those magically don't count anymore.

From this point on I'm responding only to people who aren't super fans of the player they are arguing on behalf of. Talking to you has been like talking to a dude with a MAGA hat on about Trump. Didn't you put Wade as your 15th best player all time in a different thread? hahahahahahahahahaha

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Passing and dribbling. Funny enough, most of what being a guard is, is shooting, passing, and dribbling lol.

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Wade won with LeBron and that counts, but Curry winning with Durant doesn't? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Wade won with LeBron and that counts, but Curry winning with Durant doesn't? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're forgetting as tre and other Worriers fans would say" King Kuhlay" and Iggy.

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Lmfao!!! He would be the best or 2nd best player in the league right now. Only person that would give LeBron a run for his money.

2nd best player in today's game? Better than Durant? lol

Try to tell these people. Miami isn't the city weed built, it was a different drug. And you sir, are clearly familiar with that.

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 02:08 PM
You're forgetting as tre and other Worriers fans would say" King Kuhlay" and Iggy.

I'm not forgetting anyone. I lived in Miami during that entire run. I love Thompson, but he's not a better third player than Bosh was. I honestly feel like the Heat were better when Bosh was the 2nd option.

As much as I loved Wade I wanted them to trade Wade for Howard badly. It's all about having players whose games actually compliment one another. They NEVER lose that series to the Mavs if the big three was James, Bosh, and (healthy) Howard.

Last thing. I like Draymond Green more than most. But I think he's mostly a system guy. I love how unique his skill set is, but divorce him from the Warriors and I think we're debating who's the better PF, him or Ibaka.

LeonFSU
06-05-2018, 02:11 PM
4. Cavs would not be better if they kept Wade. How and where would you even play him that would make sense? And again, you don't seem to be comprehending my main point. Basketball is a team sport, you keep saying "but Wade got his". That's awesome, but that's not enough. It's about how your game helps the team win.

Wade wasn't even okay with coming off the bench. I'd much rather have George Hill in the starting lineup and Clarkson coming off the bench. They didn't trade him for no reason. Or because they got an offer that blew them away.

What does Clarkson add to the Cavs that Wade would not?

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Passing and dribbling. Funny enough, most of what being a guard is, is shooting, passing, and dribbling lol.

Passing and dribbling go to Wade. How soon they forget though.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Kingston you say so much dumb **** that I canít even reply to your nonsense.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:21 PM
did wade not rely on bosh, the goat shooter pre curry, and arguably the best player ever to get two rings? lmao let's be realistic here and drop this revisionist history. and when curry won his first ring who were those three top 20 players exactly? he had one other guy that was an all star reserve that year...kinda reminiscent of wade in 05-06? huh..

Ray was there for 1 ring but he was old and not near himself. Curry won his ring with Draymond, Iggy (finals MVP lol), and Klay who will be the 2nd best shooter ever. It took a Kyrie and Love injury to do it though.

Also Wade won finals mvp after arguably the greatest finals performance ever so not very reminiscent.

KingstonHawke
06-05-2018, 02:35 PM
What does Clarkson add to the Cavs that Wade would not?

Better outside shooting. More durability and energy on both sides of the ball. And a willingness to come off the bench, and to even not play at all in some games.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Ray was there for 1 ring but he was old and not near himself. Curry won his ring with Draymond, Iggy (finals MVP lol), and Klay who will be the 2nd best shooter ever. It took a Kyrie and Love injury to do it though.

Also Wade won finals mvp after arguably the greatest finals performance ever so not very reminiscent.

FOH with that BS.

Wade's Greatest Finals Performance was at the Free Throw line lol.

now that finals series was sketchy asf.
http://ballislife.com/was-the-2006-nba-finals-between-the-heat-mavs-rigged/

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Better outside shooting. More durability and energy on both sides of the ball. And a willingness to come off the bench, and to even not play at all in some games.

Lmfao! Go do some research or something you donít know a damn thing about basketball.

Cash
06-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Always gotta love that one guy that has the username of the player involved in the discussion and is defending him like he was his child lol.

Anyways I'll take the greatest shooter of all time. Wade was unbelievable in his prime but knocking down 3's was never automatic for him. Now teams shoot the 3 ball more than ever and starting your team with Curry, probably the most elite perimeter shooter the game has seen, is a great start. Let's be real, you're definitely happy starting your team with either player in his prime. But without seeing the complimentary pieces and factoring in today's NBA, I feel my team has a higher cieling going forward with Curry than with Wade.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Here you go:

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

Try again, itís not Wades fault no one could stay in front of him so they ended up fouling. Shouldíve worked on better defense and quickness. The refs didnít make all of his clutch jumpers in games either. They also didnít bring the heat back from down 13 with 6 minutes left in game 3 where they were about to go down 0-3.

2nd best finals performance ever behind LeBron in 2016 (same series curry choked) and curry has nothing near it. You guys have literally no argument, this is too easy. You guys are just clinging to his shooting and it has you brainwashed.

FOH!

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Always gotta love that one guy that has the username of the player involved in the discussion and is defending him like he was his child lol.

Anyways I'll take the greatest shooter of all time. Wade was unbelievable in his prime but knocking down 3's was never automatic for him. Now teams shoot the 3 ball more than ever and starting your team with Curry, probably the most elite perimeter shooter the game has seen, is a great start. Let's be real, you're definitely happy starting your team with either player in his prime. But without seeing the complimentary pieces and factoring in today's NBA, I feel my team has a higher cieling going forward with Curry than with Wade.

Give me the guy that will take his game to a higher level on the biggest stage as the main option over the guy who folds and chokes away a 3-1 Finals leads after going 73-9 on the season and threw a behind the back pass to the fans after getting locked up by Love in the biggest moments of game 7 on his home court.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Best SG's of all time.

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Jerry West

(big gap)

4. Wade

Vee-Rex
06-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Best SGs all time

1a) Jordan
1b) Wade

2. Kobe

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Best SGs all time

1a) Jordan
1b) Wade

2. Kobe
Where kobeownsu @?!

More-Than-Most
06-05-2018, 03:40 PM
wade... Curry might over take him in time but wade can do more with less where is curry can do more with more. If starting a team I need a guy who can do more with less and wades skill set and 2 way play is far more valuable.

ewing
06-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Wade except when he was playing with Bron, then he was terrible

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Best SGs all time

1a) Jordan
1b) Wade

2. Kobe

lol.

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 04:19 PM

Most players and coaches are with Bron. But it's never his fault. It's everyone else's.

Cash
06-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Give me the guy that will take his game to a higher level on the biggest stage as the main option over the guy who folds and chokes away a 3-1 Finals leads after going 73-9 on the season and threw a behind the back pass to the fans after getting locked up by Love in the biggest moments of game 7 on his home court.

Why bring up the past though? The question is Who do you take to start a team with coming into the league? We're not looking at legacies here, I'm not thinking to myself "man I really wish Curry didn't choke a 3-1 lead or I'd take him" likewise I'm not thinking to myself "Man I wish Dwade didn't choke against the Mavericks or I'd take him" that's not how this works lol

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Best SG's of all time.

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Jerry West

(big gap)

4. Wade

Now youíre just trolling which isnít surprising. When you have no argument just troll, proud of you!

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Best SGs all time

1a) Jordan
1b) Wade

2. Kobe

This man gets it :nod:

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Why bring up the past though? The question is Who do you take to start a team with coming into the league? We're not looking at legacies here, I'm not thinking to myself "man I really wish Curry didn't choke a 3-1 lead or I'd take him" likewise I'm not thinking to myself "Man I wish Dwade didn't choke against the Mavericks or I'd take him" that's not how this works lol

Wade has never choked against the Mavericks, he was the best player both times thy played. I understand what youíre saying though. In that case give me the much better well rounded player in Wade.

WaDe03
06-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Itís funny seeing this stuff though, everyone clearly living in the moment

ChrisDudley
06-05-2018, 09:09 PM
The amount of attention Curry gets so far from the basket is unprecedented; it opens the game up for all his teammates and makes them so much better.

The Curry system is the choice here, even if Wade could beat beat Curry one on one.

ChrisDudley
06-05-2018, 09:11 PM

He was great in the 2011 finals.

So great that it almost seemed as if LeBron couldn't handle him getting the credit if they won.

Cartopper
06-05-2018, 10:02 PM
If Iím starting a team fresh, Iíd take wade. Curry is a phenomenal shooter, but I canít help to think that if he didnít have two other top 10 shooters on his team he wouldnít shoot as effectively. Nobody can double team curry or focus on curry without leaving Durant and Thompson some space. If he didnít have those two threats along side him he wouldnít be nearly the player he is(he would still be a good player). Wade would set the tone not only on offense but defense as well.

Ultimately I guess it depends what the team around them looked like. Without knowing Iíd take prime wade

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 11:04 PM
If Iím starting a team fresh, Iíd take wade. Curry is a phenomenal shooter, but I canít help to think that if he didnít have two other top 10 shooters on his team he wouldnít shoot as effectively. Nobody can double team curry or focus on curry without leaving Durant and Thompson some space. If he didnít have those two threats along side him he wouldnít be nearly the player he is(he would still be a good player). Wade would set the tone not only on offense but defense as well.

Ultimately I guess it depends what the team around them looked like. Without knowing Iíd take prime wade

Let's use nba2k ratings to decided equal teams. Each team has 328 rating points to play with which averages the 4 played to play avg 82. Sucks for curry though. He's used to all Stars.

AllBall
06-06-2018, 12:43 AM
Wade.

Curry can't guard a paper bag.

cmellofan15
06-06-2018, 02:08 AM
recency bias seems to be a trend here. fwiw curry won multiple mvps before he got Durant if you guys forgot. Wade won no mvps with any players..so there's that

AllBall
06-06-2018, 09:36 AM
recency bias seems to be a trend here. fwiw curry won multiple mvps before he got Durant if you guys forgot. Wade won no mvps with any players..so there's that

Keep your regular season MVP. Finals MVP is where it's at.

Giannis94
06-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Keep your regular season MVP. Finals MVP is where it's at.

Lol keep trolling, ya hardo

jason
06-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Keep your regular season MVP. Finals MVP is where it's at.And when Curry wins Finals MVP this series you won't be able to use that excuse

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 11:02 AM

Curry didnít play in a time where the 2nd best player cared about winning MVPs. Give Wade the supporting Cast curry has had through his career and he has more championships and some MVPs.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 11:04 AM
And when Curry wins Finals MVP this series you won't be able to use that excuse

No one cares about anything the Warriors or their players accomplish right now because of the talent overload. Thereís a reason Curry finally started being effective in the finals only after they got KD. Teams canít scheme against them like they used to. Wades just flat out better on any stage and actually plays elite on both sides of the ball.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Curry could never, especially in that situation and on that big of a stage.

jason
06-06-2018, 11:36 AM
No one cares about anything the Warriors or their players accomplish right now because of the talent overload. Thereís a reason Curry finally started being effective in the finals only after they got KD. Teams canít scheme against them like they used to. Wades just flat out better on any stage and actually plays elite on both sides of the ball.What are you talking about? He was effective in 2015 and should have won Finals MVP that year.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 11:39 AM
What are you talking about? He was effective in 2015 and should have won Finals MVP that year.

He beat a team without their 2nd and 3rd best player and lost the finals MVP to a role player. The next year he choked. Peak Wade wouldíve never lost finals MVP to a role player. For example, Check the video I just posted if you want to see what prime Wade does in finals series. Wade has a lot of shouldíves in his career too but in the end the facts are facts and Curry wasnít Finals MVP.

valade16
06-06-2018, 11:49 AM
He beat a team without their 2nd and 3rd best player and lost the finals MVP to a role player. The next year he choked. Peak Wade wouldíve never lost finals MVP to a role player. For example, Check the video I just posted if you want to see what prime Wade does in finals series. Wade has a lot of shouldíves in his career too but in the end the facts are facts and Curry wasnít Finals MVP.

Peak Curry would've never been bounced in the first round either.

jason
06-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Hilarious how you cherry pick narratives. I guess no one's cares about the 2 rings he won when the Heat had the big 3 because of talent overload. Wade and the Heat lost to the Mavs so there's that. If facts are facts than Curry winning this series Finals MVP still matters.

COOLbeans
06-06-2018, 12:02 PM

Mark Jackson said Curry was the greatest shooter heíd seen well before Thompson became an all star and before Draymond was even a starter. Your post is void of logic and facts

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Peak Curry would've never been bounced in the first round either.

Surrounded by the talent Wade had next to him he for sure would have. Put prime Wade with Curryís supporting cast and heís winning championships, finals MVPs, and MVPs. This isnít even a debate as itís clearly Wade. Iím still waiting for you to list all the ďlegitimate concernsĒ that a prime Wade couldnít play in the league today.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Hilarious how you cherry pick narratives. I guess no one's cares about the 2 rings he won when the Heat had the big 3 because of talent overload. Wade and the Heat lost to the Mavs so there's that. If facts are facts than Curry winning this series Finals MVP still matters.

Not cherry picking anything. It wasnít a talent overload with the Heat. You had the big 3 Celtics, the Lakers, the Young stacked thunder, those Mavs (Wade was the best player in that series), the Spurs, the Rose Bulls, and PG Pacers. It was a pretty equal playing field back then. LeBron choked the Mavs series away, he was ****ing up too much in the 4th quarters for anyone to save them.

If curry wins finals MVP heíll be a finals MVP but itís not one that anyone will care abut. Just like no one gives KD any credit for his ring and finals MVP. Itís not impressive by any means and theyíre playing against a 1 man show.

AllBall
06-06-2018, 12:07 PM
And when Curry wins Finals MVP this series you won't be able to use that excuse

If they don't give it to Lebron, then it's clear how the voters are just rotating turns and how much of a clown show the Finals have become. Next year it'll be Draymond, then the year after that Thompson.

jason
06-06-2018, 12:09 PM
If they don't give it to Lebron, then it's clear how the voters are just rotating turns and how much of a clown show the Finals have become. Next year it'll be Draymond, then the year after that Thompson.Conspiracy theories now lol. Can't win Finals MVP if you get swept too

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Mark Jackson said Curry was the greatest shooter heíd seen well before Thompson became an all star and before Draymond was even a starter. Your post is void of logic and facts

Curry isnít a great shooter because of those guys but if not for them he would see much different defensive schemes. Theyre a big reason he gets the looks he gets.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Conspiracy theories now lol. Can't win Finals MVP if you get swept too

Yea only way he could win finals MVP is if it goes 7, maybe 6 if he has ridiculous numbers but itís unlikely.

COOLbeans
06-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Not cherry picking anything. It wasnít a talent overload with the Heat. You had the big 3 Celtics, the Lakers, the Young stacked thunder, those Mavs (Wade was the best player in that series), the Spurs, the Rose Bulls, and PG Pacers. It was a pretty equal playing field back then. LeBron choked the Mavs series away, he was ****ing up too much in the 4th quarters for anyone to save them.

If curry wins finals MVP heíll be a finals MVP but itís not one that anyone will care abut. Just like no one gives KD any credit for his ring and finals MVP. Itís not impressive by any means and theyíre playing against a 1 man show.

just speak for yourself and the legion here on psd and stop acting like you speak for the entire world. Most people love Steph and acknowledge his greatness along with the Warriors.

COOLbeans
06-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Curry isnít a great shooter because of those guys but if not for them he would see much different defensive schemes. Theyre a big reason he gets the looks he gets.

You do realize Stephs been a great shooter since he came into the league right?

AllBall
06-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Conspiracy theories now lol. Can't win Finals MVP if you get swept too

You're calling a sweep? If it doesn't happen then it's a conspiracy by the NBA to prolong the series for ratings then?

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:16 PM
[/B]

just speak for yourself and the legion here on psd and stop acting like you speak for the entire world. Most people love Steph and acknowledge his greatness along with the Warriors.

Iím not talking about PSD Iím talking about majority of the world outside of Warriors fans.

Everyone knows there great players and a great team obviously, no one is arguing that. But them winning isnít impressive and isnít doing anything for their legacies. Thank KD for that.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:18 PM
You do realize Stephs been a great shooter since he came into the league right?

I think youíre confused or having trouble with reading comprehension or something. Yes heís always been a great shooter. He wouldnít get the looks from 3 that he does without the talent out there surrounding him because defenses would scheme different and trap him all around the court. Do you understand now?

mngopher35
06-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Is there a poll? Just curious on the vote if so.

I probably lean curry but it's gonna be really tough to place curry/kd IMO given situation. Right now they are probably all thought of as close to each other generally.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Is there a poll? Just curious on the vote if so.

I probably lean curry but it's gonna be really tough to place curry/kd IMO given situation. Right now they are probably all thought of as close to each other generally.

17-10 Curry which is very laughable. Recency bias, being caught up in the moment, and the new found love for 3 point shooting is probably to blame though.

tredigs
06-06-2018, 12:32 PM
17-10 Curry which is very laughable. Recency bias, being caught up in the moment, and the new found love for 3 point shooting is probably to blame though.

You being a delusion superfan is much more to blame for your struggles to process here. Wade did not peak in 1995, everyone remembers him fine. If this was switched and Curry was in the league first, you would blame the results on "nostalgia". You're not a rational person.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 12:43 PM
You being a delusion superfan is much more to blame for your struggles to process here. Wade did not peak in 1995, everyone remembers him fine. If this was switched and Curry was in the league first, you would blame the results on "nostalgia". You're not a rational person.

They definitely donít remember Wade if theyíre saying he would struggle in the league today. Wade would be the best or 2nd best player in the league today. Definitely the only guy who could give LeBron a run for his money. Curry is in his prime and no one even questions LeBron being the best.

Wade is better defensively at everything (50% of the game), offensively Curry is a better shooter and their handles are close. Wade is a better slasher, better attacking the basket, drawing fouls, better passer. Heís bigger, stronger, longer, faster, jump higher than Curry. On top of all that heís a GOAT level performer on the biggest stage and a GOAT level clutch performer, both of which Curry is not near. I see nothing false in this paragraph, if you do please point it out and discuss your take on it.

tredigs
06-06-2018, 01:28 PM
They definitely donít remember Wade if theyíre saying he would struggle in the league today. Wade would be the best or 2nd best player in the league today. Definitely the only guy who could give LeBron a run for his money. Curry is in his prime and no one even questions LeBron being the best.

Wade is better defensively at everything (50% of the game), offensively Curry is a better shooter and their handles are close. Wade is a better slasher, better attacking the basket, drawing fouls, better passer. Heís bigger, stronger, longer, faster, jump higher than Curry. On top of all that heís a GOAT level performer on the biggest stage and a GOAT level clutch performer, both of which Curry is not near. I see nothing false in this paragraph, if you do please point it out and discuss your take on it.

There's far too many misnomers and ingrained beliefs in your broad generalizations to even bother, that is the point. It's a worthy enough debate and one that like most I would lean Curry on, but I'm not foolish enough to say it's not worth entertaining (being on the underdog side, this makes you look especially ridiculous).

If you provide some stats and analysis to back up your takes, it would be a start. As is you're just regurgitating your massively biased and often ridiculous personal opinion.

cmellofan15
06-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Curry didnít play in a time where the 2nd best player cared about winning MVPs. Give Wade the supporting Cast curry has had through his career and he has more championships and some MVPs.

when did curry play with arguably the best player ever aka lebron james? I'll wait....the supporting cast argument is bull and clearly shows blind homerism. you're bashing a guy who's won multiple mvps and championships because a great player joined his team AFTER the fact he already won a ring and two mvps.

if i were to stoop to that ridiculous argument and just state points without providing any context i could just say

-wade couldn't win anything without playing with top 10 all time players...which actually holds more weight than your argument

-in his prime there was a season where he played 51 games and lost 41 of them

-in his prime there was also three straight playoff runs where they got bounced in the first round and he needed arguably the best player ever to join his team to finally get out of the first round again...hasn't made it out since lebron left either

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 01:53 PM
when did curry play with arguably the best player ever aka lebron james? I'll wait....the supporting cast argument is bull and clearly shows blind homerism. you're bashing a guy who's won multiple mvps and championships because a great player joined his team AFTER the fact he already won a ring and two mvps.

if i were to stoop to that ridiculous argument and just state points without providing any context i could just say

-wade couldn't win anything without playing with top 10 all time players...which actually holds more weight than your argument

-in his prime there was a season where he played 51 games and lost 41 of them

-in his prime there was also three straight playoff runs where they got bounced in the first round and he needed arguably the best player ever to join his team to finally get out of the first round again...hasn't made it out since lebron left either

1. Wade wasnít the man with LeBron.

2. Wade carried a top 10 player all time to a championship while that player put up the same numbers in the finals thathe averaged in Cleveland as a washed up big.

3. So weíre not going to acknowledge he missed 31 games because he was trying to fight through injury and they told him to shut it down, multiple surgeries followed that.What also followed was Wade being the best player on team USA and leading them to gold.

4. Look at his supporting cast those 3 straight years he was bounced in the first round and who they were playing against and come back to me. Check his numbers as well, he clearly wasnít the reason.

5. I know as a Nuggets fan the playoffs must be a blur to you but Wade at 34-35 in 2016 carries the Heat to 1 game from the ECF without both Bosh and Whiteside and was the clutchest player in the playoffs to that point offensively and defensively. Good try there though.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 01:57 PM
There's far too many misnomers and ingrained beliefs in your broad generalizations to even bother, that is the point. It's a worthy enough debate and one that like most I would lean Curry on, but I'm not foolish enough to say it's not worth entertaining (being on the underdog side, this makes you look especially ridiculous).

If you provide some stats and analysis to back up your takes, it would be a start. As is you're just regurgitating your massively biased and often ridiculous personal opinion.

I provided many stats and facts, linked multiple tweets articles etc. Curry literally only shoots better and has about the same handle and wade is better at everything else. If you disagree give me a list of things you think Curry is better at, it should be that simple for you right? You are the smartest guy in the world after all.

I would love to see Wade and Curry go head to head in a Finals series with similar supporting casts around them and them both being matched up on each other on both ends. It would be comical watching curry try to stop Wade or even play on par to Wade. It would be very one sided.

COOLbeans
06-06-2018, 02:17 PM
I think youíre confused or having trouble with reading comprehension or something. Yes heís always been a great shooter. He wouldnít get the looks from 3 that he does without the talent out there surrounding him because defenses would scheme different and trap him all around the court. Do you understand now?

The way you phrased it was a bit disjointed but I digress.

Though Steph clearly is the superior player, the debate does have some merit since Wade is a champion and going to the HoF. Regardless, this debate has gone on way too long.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 02:20 PM
The way you phrased it was a bit disjointed but I digress.

Though Steph clearly is the superior player, the debate does have some merit since Wade is a champion and going to the HoF. Regardless, this debate has gone on way too long.

Wade is easily better. List the things curry does better than wade.

mngopher35
06-06-2018, 02:44 PM

I haven't read all the responses but I have seen some crazy on both ends tbh in what I have. Honestly it is really close and with Curry I think there are big questions where some will give him the benefit of the doubt and others wont. That could easily be the difference here.

In a general sense Curry suffers from rarely facing competition near his teams level in order to win in the playoffs and his numbers in playoffs dropping a bit. The closest championship match up he has won talent wise was what? Last year? 15 with Love/Kyrie out? Rockets with CP3 injured late? We can discuss for a long time some of the context that played into this but just like KD I see some questions about him as an individual player when the pressure is higher etc. and an individual needs to lift his team. Not saying he can't, just that we have some mixed results and the current team is far better than their competition at this point so can't really help himself there. He just doesn't have any sort of individual moment/takeover like Wade does in that 06 finals and given the numbers not being extraordinary at all like RS either it leaves questions tbh.

Wade on the other hand had his bigger issues as the 2nd guy next to Lebron. He wasn't as impressive individually but also took a bit of a back seat. This has also gotten him mixed results/feelings toward his later career. However what he absolutely does have over Curry is a top level playoff performance pre joining with Lebron leading to a title. He had shorter playoff runs near the end of his time on the heat due to teammates but overall I think his individual playoff performances were seen a little better/less of a fall off type thing (outside 07 I think it was). On an individual level this to me makes Wade seem a little bit more proven/capable of leading a team and stepping up in the playoffs when team needs it most and pressure is on etc.

Like I said I personally choose Curry but I think he gets hurt in a sense of not having proven as much individually at the expense of what will be great team success.

tredigs
06-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Saying Curry is "the better shooter" is like saying Shaq is "the better post player" than Mark Price. The difference being that Curry not only is the GOAT at the shot worth 50% more than every other shot, but when he wants it he's also among the best ever from mid-range, is among the best ever from the line and is hugely underrated at the rim, where he consistently finishes among the best guards in the league. To compound that, this fear of his shot sends defenses scrambling to a point where defenses are constantly left out of position and one hockey-assist later it's a 3 ball from the corner or an alley oop. It's why his ORPM is always at or near the top of the NBA and easily higher than Wade ever reached. Its also why he leads what is arguably the top offense in NBA history, and at the very least top 5 (this pre-dates Durant even).

What Wade makes up for defensively on his single man does not measure to what Curry does to an entire defense. We also just got done watching a series where arguably the top ISO player in the NBA had ISO on Curry all series long (reasonable strategy given the alternatives) and the Warriors opted not to help until he got to the rim (for the times he did). How did that strategy work out? Not well, at all (numbers available later if you need). Curry's not a poor defender in the least, just doesn't have the bulk or lateral quickness to compete with the top tier. Very smart, though. And as we can see, even when looking to be exploited, can still come out on top.

Generally curious why you think Wade's handles+playmaking have Curry's beat and keep mentioning this. Just more irrational homerism from you.

cmellofan15
06-06-2018, 03:30 PM
1. Wade wasnít the man with LeBron.

2. Wade carried a top 10 player all time to a championship while that player put up the same numbers in the finals thathe averaged in Cleveland as a washed up big.

3. So weíre not going to acknowledge he missed 31 games because he was trying to fight through injury and they told him to shut it down, multiple surgeries followed that.What also followed was Wade being the best player on team USA and leading them to gold.

4. Look at his supporting cast those 3 straight years he was bounced in the first round and who they were playing against and come back to me. Check his numbers as well, he clearly wasnít the reason.

5. I know as a Nuggets fan the playoffs must be a blur to you but Wade at 34-35 in 2016 carries the Heat to 1 game from the ECF without both Bosh and Whiteside and was the clutchest player in the playoffs to that point offensively and defensively. Good try there though.

LMAO I find it hilarious that you actually went on to refute the points that I OPENLY admitted would be ridiculous and lack context in comparison to what you were doing. way to read that first paragraph.

this post shows your true colors. it's obvious you know what's going on but you are extremely closed minded and show absolutely no objectivity, discrediting Curry at every turn and finding no fault in Wade. debating with you is pointless because you cannot get over your Wade obsession and form any reasonable opinions.

jason
06-06-2018, 04:48 PM
LMAO I find it hilarious that you actually went on to refute the points that I OPENLY admitted would be ridiculous and lack context in comparison to what you were doing. way to read that first paragraph.

this post shows your true colors. it's obvious you know what's going on but you are extremely closed minded and show absolutely no objectivity, discrediting Curry at every turn and finding no fault in Wade. debating with you is pointless because you cannot get over your Wade obsession and form any reasonable opinions.This. He's a weird Wade superfan that cannot be objective whatsoever

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 04:49 PM

this post shows your true colors. it's obvious you know what's going on but you are extremely closed minded and show absolutely no objectivity, discrediting Curry at every turn and finding no fault in Wade. debating with you is pointless because you cannot get over your Wade obsession and form any reasonable opinions.

Curry is a great player, he just isnít better than Wade. Youíre clearly the one who doesnít know what theyíre talking about and thatís proven by your comment about Wade not making it past the 1st round without LeBron.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 04:51 PM
This. He's a weird Wade superfan that cannot be objective whatsoever

Lmao at a bunch of Warriors fans calling me a homer or saying I canít be objective. You are the same guys who were trying to say Curry was better than Jordan and LeBron just 2 years ago.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Saying Curry is "the better shooter" is like saying Shaq is "the better post player" than Mark Price. The difference being that Curry not only is the GOAT at the shot worth 50% more than every other shot, but when he wants it he's also among the best ever from mid-range, is among the best ever from the line and is hugely underrated at the rim, where he consistently finishes among the best guards in the league. To compound that, this fear of his shot sends defenses scrambling to a point where defenses are constantly left out of position and one hockey-assist later it's a 3 ball from the corner or an alley oop. It's why his ORPM is always at or near the top of the NBA and easily higher than Wade ever reached. Its also why he leads what is arguably the top offense in NBA history, and at the very least top 5 (this pre-dates Durant even).

What Wade makes up for defensively on his single man does not measure to what Curry does to an entire defense. We also just got done watching a series where arguably the top ISO player in the NBA had ISO on Curry all series long (reasonable strategy given the alternatives) and the Warriors opted not to help until he got to the rim (for the times he did). How did that strategy work out? Not well, at all (numbers available later if you need). Curry's not a poor defender in the least, just doesn't have the bulk or lateral quickness to compete with the top tier. Very smart, though. And as we can see, even when looking to be exploited, can still come out on top.

Generally curious why you think Wade's handles+playmaking have Curry's beat and keep mentioning this. Just more irrational homerism from you.

Wade at the 2 guard position averaged just about as many assists if not more in his prime as Curry with a much worse supporting cast majority of the years.

As for the handle, itís hard to gauge thatís why I say theyíre close. Wades handle to go with his speed often sent defenders to the floor as Iíve also seen curry do. Idk how you would really differentiate that but I know they both have a great handle.

Weíre not going to see eye to eye obviously but Iím going to take the guy that can do it at an elite level on both ends and the guy who I know will turn it up even more when everything is on the line. I wouldíve loved to watch them go back and forth defending each other on each end, I donít think it wouldíve turned out well for Curry if he was outplayed/cancelled out by Kyrie many times.

cmellofan15
06-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Curry is a great player, he just isnít better than Wade. Youíre clearly the one who doesnít know what theyíre talking about and thatís proven by your comment about Wade not making it past the 1st round without LeBron.

you're still nitpicking my sarcastic argument, further proving my point.

never said you didn't what you're talking about, I actually said the opposite but your selective reading continues to fail you. your stance would be much more understandable if you were ignorant rather than irrational.

also if you want to nitpick for some weird sense of validation in your losing effort, two can play that petty game big guy. I never said Wade didn't make it past the first round without Bron, I said POST LeBron. which I was obviously off by a year in my sarcastic critique of wade, while you're way off in your serious critique of my post. is this the part where I say you obviously don't know what you're talking about?? LMAO try harder next time

tredigs
06-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Wake me up when Wade can take a team with nobody capable of creating their own shot at a high level to b2b 70 win average seasons while posting top 10 O's in NBA history. Throw in the advanced stats and deep playoff runs including a ship and b2b MVP (+ the only unanimous). The turmoil that Curry creates for the opposing teams D not only due to his 3pt shooting, but his mid-range shooting, handles, paint finishing ability and both ability + willingness to be a dynamic playmaker is what this growing dynasty is all about. A big reason why I bring up RPM and ORPM is because it does the best job of highlighting this absurd offensive chasm where things like "assists" do not (hint: Curry leads the league in 'hockey assists' by a wide margin and has so since the stat was tracked).

KD is a luxury on top of it all, but Curry was the key that unlocks everything for that O, so let's not pretend that we don't know what he's capable of without another top 10 talent (bear in mind this kid nearly broke college basketball by himself from a mid-major, and was putting up 21/5/7 on 47/45/90 the last 50 games of his rookie year once he got the keys). HE is the beast and the reason for this legendary team/offense.

Wade is an INCREDIBLE player in his prime (maybe my favorite player pre Curry), but he did not have the ability to lead a team to the heights that Curry already has. No 3pt shot? Different debate as it would be a different game.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:09 PM
you're still nitpicking my sarcastic argument, further proving my point.

never said you didn't what you're talking about, I actually said the opposite but your selective reading continues to fail you. your stance would be much more understandable if you were ignorant rather than irrational.

also if you want to nitpick for some weird sense of validation in your losing effort, two can play that petty game big guy. I never said Wade didn't make it past the first round without Bron, I said POST LeBron. which I was obviously off by a year in my sarcastic critique of wade, while you're way off in your serious critique of my post. is this the part where I say you obviously don't know what you're talking about?? LMAO try harder next time

I was talking post LeBron clown

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Wake me up when a prime Wade has the supporting cast cure had and when he chokes in a finals series on his home court.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Curry would be so outmatched if they were to go head to head. People would honestly start feeling bad for him asking ďwhy does Wade have to do him like that on live tv.Ē

Iím sure you all think Curry is better than Kobe as well, ***** just comical.

valade16
06-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Surrounded by the talent Wade had next to him he for sure would have. Put prime Wade with Curryís supporting cast and heís winning championships, finals MVPs, and MVPs. This isnít even a debate as itís clearly Wade. Iím still waiting for you to list all the ďlegitimate concernsĒ that a prime Wade couldnít play in the league today.

He can't shoot for ****. Put Prime Wade with Shaq and he wouldn't need the refs help to win in 2006, he'd have smashed the Mavs. If Curry were on Bron's team in 11 they'd have also won too.

By the way, after this year Curry will have as many titles, as many Finals MVPs, and 2 more MVPs than Wade. After next year, he'll have more of all 3.

tredigs
06-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Wake me up when a prime Wade has the supporting cast cure had and when he chokes in a finals series on his home court.

We've seen Wade look like nothing in the Finals (and we've seen Curry look fantastic in the Finals), we just gave him a pass because we decided he was then past his prime at like 30 (hint: that's Curry's age and he's playing as good as ever + on his way to this year's Finals MVP). The fact of the matter is that Curry's prime is just more conducive to team dominance, and he's at the very center of it all.

valade16
06-06-2018, 07:19 PM

2011. The Heat choked and lost the Finals, and Wade even had LeBron.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Wade was the best player in the series by a pretty good margin. Not his fault LeBron was outing goose eggs up in 4th quarters. Shouldíve sat LeBron.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:34 PM
He can't shoot for ****. Put Prime Wade with Shaq and he wouldn't need the refs help to win in 2006, he'd have smashed the Mavs. If Curry were on Bron's team in 11 they'd have also won too.

By the way, after this year Curry will have as many titles, as many Finals MVPs, and 2 more MVPs than Wade. After next year, he'll have more of all 3.

Wade didnít need the refs, he dominated regardless. Letís not act like shaq wasnít complete garbage. Overdone supporting cast in 2001 scored more than Wades in 2006 and we talk about overdone not having help. 3 of the weakest rings in history (2015 no Kyrie or love, 2017 and 2018 KD added to a 73-9 team), 2018 talent overload still and against a 1 man show.) Wade wouldíve smashed Cleveland on those Warriors teams and they would be going for a 4 peat with Wade going for his 4th finals MVP. He wouldíve never lost finals mvp to a role player who started the series coming off the bench.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Valade Iím not sure why Iím going back and forth with you anyways when last year in a Scottie vs Wade thread you said ďwow I just checked Wades numbers and I had no clue he was this goodĒ you obviously are a little ignorant when it comes to Wade and are an advanced stats guy who solves everything with numbers.

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 07:39 PM
We've seen Wade look like nothing in the Finals (and we've seen Curry look fantastic in the Finals), we just gave him a pass because we decided he was then past his prime at like 30 (hint: that's Curry's age and he's playing as good as ever + on his way to this year's Finals MVP). The fact of the matter is that Curry's prime is just more conducive to team dominance, and he's at the very center of it all.

You never saw wade look bad on the middle of his prime in the playoffs/finals. You and me both know he was playing on one leg in 2013 and half a leg in 2014. Wade was playing through the same injury Iggy has missed multiple games from and I believe it was actually on both of Wades knees. Curry for whatever reason gets a oss for ďinjuryĒ while wade doesnít. The only difference is that you could actually see wade was injured when he was hobbling up and down the court like a crippled old man but still coming up in the biggest moments. Curry was doing 360 dunks off an oop in warmups and choking in the biggest moments when he was ďinjuredĒ

tredigs
06-06-2018, 09:12 PM
You never saw wade look bad on the middle of his prime in the playoffs/finals. You and me both know he was playing on one leg in 2013 and half a leg in 2014. Wade was playing through the same injury Iggy has missed multiple games from and I believe it was actually on both of Wades knees. Curry for whatever reason gets a oss for ďinjuryĒ while wade doesnít. The only difference is that you could actually see wade was injured when he was hobbling up and down the court like a crippled old man but still coming up in the biggest moments. Curry was doing 360 dunks off an oop in warmups and choking in the biggest moments when he was ďinjuredĒ

You're using injury to excuse Wade while simultaneously discounting it for Curry (with them about the same age mind you), that really says it all. 2 out of the 3 Finals runs for Curry were outstanding, and he was at his best overall (pre injury) in the middle run that was less than his best playoffs run (you can do the math or not). He's STILL out there absolutely crushing and on his way to a Finals MVP as we speak, and I would not expect that to end any time soon. Curry's peak is simply more dominant and has lead to more team success, and that's only growing more true by the minute. Even if they did not have KD, they would still be competing for + likely favorites heading to each of these seasons. It's just the level of dominance that is different now.

Anyway, enough of this discussion for me, I just could not believe the dialogue of the last few pages. Game time ---

WaDe03
06-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Curry with another epic choke. Tonight it a perfect example of why none of these rings/finals MVPs matter for Them. Curry was god awful, Klay was basically non existent offensively, LeBrons supporting cast wasnít god awful and the Warriors still won. If you think Curry has won any rings wade wouldnít have youíre fooling yourself and Iíll say wade wouldíve won 2016 too

jason
06-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Curry with another epic choke. Tonight it a perfect example of why none of these rings/finals MVPs matter for Them. Curry was god awful, Klay was basically non existent offensively, LeBrons supporting cast wasnít god awful and the Warriors still won. If you think Curry has won any rings wade wouldnít have youíre fooling yourself and Iíll say wade wouldíve won 2016 tooNice imagination

FlashBolt
06-07-2018, 02:49 AM
Okay, it seems obvious that this is just Warriors fans in denial of how great Wade was at his prime. He was James Harden with Jordan's clutch closing ability and the speed of John Wall. Sure, his shooting was poor but his greatness came from the fact that he was unstoppable when he got past his defender - which was every time he wanted to. In a more spread open game today? Dude, Wade would cut right through the basket every time. If you thought Harden was amazing at it, Wade would put Harden to shame there. Also, in today's NBA, opportunity to rack up stats are much easier. Ever seen 08-09 Wade? I did. And you could make a strong case that he was the best player that season.

With that being said, I'll take Curry because I think it'll be easier building over Curry. His ability to shoot/not needing the ball in today's NBA is priceless. But if we are talking playoffs.. Step aside, Curry.. you don't belong in this discussion. In the NBA Finals, Curry will have lost 3 NBA Finals MVP to his own teammate because he can not play great enough for a series. That's a hit on his NBA career, IMO.

FlashBolt
06-07-2018, 02:53 AM

Curry has not had a defining NBA playoff moment. None. His 9 threes were spectacular but it wasn't a special performance that we've seen GOAT's generate. The negative on Curry's career is the simple fact that if you had one NBA playoff game and you needed a historic performance, Curry is not high on that list. He's simply not NBA Playoffs GOAT - the way Wade could and has been. Btw, don't bring up Curry's present stats to Wade's.. the game has changed and that has boosted the numbers of superstars. You can't tell me everyone is just getting more triple doubles by a massive amount due to being "better." It's a combination of how the game is simply played today.

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Good points Flashbolt

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Nice imagination

Which part was I using my imagination on?

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Prime Curry was getting all he could handle from Kyrie when he was with the Cavs, and an aging Chris Paul in these playoffs. Meanwhile Wade was going toe to toe with prime Kobe and LeBron and getting the best of them many times. I actually bet itís an even split at worst if you went and looked it up. And they all guarded each other. I donít want to hear about curry being better than Wade as a player, heís not on that tier.

BDawk4Prez
06-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Curry.

Dade County
06-07-2018, 09:37 AM

This had nothing to do with Wade...

Lbj gave Dallas a title that year. NBA=Entertainment.

Le-Con was following orders and no one could get in the way of that initiation.

Dade County
06-07-2018, 09:51 AM
This is how I settle debates like this...

If Wade & Curry had the same exact team (same cast of players), and they played a 7 game series against each other, which team would win.

I have to say a prime Wade offers more to his team, While Curry would more times then none just be a scorer. People are not factoring in GS system. Just imagine Curry on the Hornets or a regular Eastern Conference team.

He would be more times then none a iso scorer. Their would be no offensive synergy like GS has. The ball flows in GS system, and shooting is contagious.

Also Wade carried Shaq into that Final's in 2006. But yes the Refs did give Wade 97 foul calls :) LMAO

WaDe03
06-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Iím not surprised this thread died down after Curryís choke of a game in game 3 which caused him to lose yet another finals MVP to one of his teammates.

Vallejo Raiders
08-29-2018, 03:36 AM
Curry is up there with Kobe so yeah there's that.... PS sorry for the bump😁

nastynice
08-30-2018, 03:53 AM
This is how I settle debates like this...

If Wade & Curry had the same exact team (same cast of players), and they played a 7 game series against each other, which team would win.

I have to say a prime Wade offers more to his team, While Curry would more times then none just be a scorer. People are not factoring in GS system. Just imagine Curry on the Hornets or a regular Eastern Conference team.

He would be more times then none a iso scorer. Their would be no offensive synergy like GS has. The ball flows in GS system, and shooting is contagious.

Also Wade carried Shaq into that Final's in 2006. But yes the Refs did give Wade 97 foul calls :) LMAO

I strongly feel curry warriors would beat Wade warriors. Not only that, thinking of it curry Shaq would be lethal too, same with curry lebron bosh. Oh my God, I'm almost positive they win more than 2 of 4.

buckalis
08-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Who you start with, doesn't necessarily have to be a PG... Usually a coach would choose his PG depending on who is the player in the team he would want to get the most out off...

Example: If the key player would be Giannis or AD, I would want a PG that can maximize their "pick'n roll" on Wade or Dragic... If my key player would be Durant or Lebron, I would want Curry for PG...

Quinnsanity
08-30-2018, 05:53 PM
This had nothing to do with Wade...

Lbj gave Dallas a title that year. NBA=Entertainment.

Le-Con was following orders and no one could get in the way of that initiation.

I'm glad someone bumped this thread so I could see a Heat fan claiming the NBA is rigged against them. Does Dwyane Wade shooting 97 free throws in six games not ring any bells?