PDA

View Full Version : Best Player on the Warriors? Kevin Durant vs Stephen Curry vs Draymond Green

JordansBulls
05-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Best Player on the Warriors? Kevin Durant vs Stephen Curry vs Draymond Green

warfelg
05-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Best: Kevin Durant
Most Valuable: Draymond Green
Most Important: Steph Curry

papipapsmanny
05-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Draymond green is so unbelievably overrated, it's an insult that he is on the title

tredigs
05-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Draymond green is so unbelievably overrated, it's an insult that he is on the title

He's probably the best defender in the world (now that he's trying again) and is 1 assist shy of a playoff long triple double. Please God send the Warriors more overrated players like him.

Curry's their best player, but I think KD is equally as important in the playoffs due to the mis-matches he presents when teams have to focus so much on trying to stop the Splash Brothers onslaught. Harrison Barnes is a somehwhat efficient 20 PPG scorer on Dallas but could not do a damn thing in that same role when he got the 1v1 treatment all the time in the playoffs.

Jamiecballer
05-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Kevin Durant, and by a healthy margin IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

papipapsmanny
05-16-2018, 08:14 PM
He's probably the best defender in the world (now that he's trying again) and is 1 assist shy of a playoff long triple double. Please God send the Warriors more overrated players like him.

Curry's their best player, but I think KD is equally as important in the playoffs due to the mis-matches he presents when teams have to focus so much on trying to stop the Splash Brothers onslaught. Harrison Barnes is a somehwhat efficient 20 PPG scorer on Dallas but could not do a damn thing in that same role when he got the 1v1 treatment all the time in the playoffs.

No lets call him what he is... an energy player with good defense. He isn't overly efficient scoring, grabs a decent amount of rebounds on a team that plays small ball, and assist three of the best shooters in the league.

If he is ever dumb enough to leave the Warriors, I'll feel really bad for the team that heavily overpays for him

Vintage
05-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Kevin Durant

More-Than-Most
05-16-2018, 08:17 PM
Kevin durant is by far their best player and its not close... Curry has become overrated trying to lump him with guys like Durant/Lebron when he really isnt even better than AD/KL

mightybosstone
05-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Regular season? Curry.
Postseason? Durant.

And for that reason, I had to go with KD. But I hate them both about equally, so there's that...

goingfor28
05-16-2018, 08:38 PM
Draymond green is so unbelievably overrated, it's an insult that he is on the titleThis
No lets call him what he is... an energy player with good defense. He isn't overly efficient scoring, grabs a decent amount of rebounds on a team that plays small ball, and assist three of the best shooters in the league.

If he is ever dumb enough to leave the Warriors, I'll feel really bad for the team that heavily overpays for himAnd this

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
05-16-2018, 08:45 PM
Can always tell how much a person understands the game based on answers to questions like these.

nastynice
05-16-2018, 08:51 PM
I think curry and KD are really getting this binary star thing down. Curry is the system, the system which allows us to get ridiculously good looks at the basket. But sometimes we rather just give the ball to someone and have them get a bucket, and Durant does that on a level that very few players in nba history capable of

The perfect combo. An elite system with an elite 1 on 1 player transposed on top of it. Pick your poison

nastynice
05-16-2018, 08:55 PM

He got crazy high IQ. How else you think he can d up some of the best centers in the league at damn near half a foot shorter. Offensively too, elite decision maker :)

And ohh that versatility.

Shammyguy3
05-16-2018, 09:14 PM

What

mightybosstone
05-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Can always tell how much a person understands the game based on answers to questions like these.

You can always tell how much of an arrogant tool someone is by how often they make statements like this...

Jamiecballer
05-16-2018, 09:17 PM
Can always tell how much a person understands the game based on answers to questions like these.I think we have a good idea how Draymond would vote since he felt like KD was needed in order to defeat LeBron after the 15-16 season.

tredigs
05-16-2018, 09:49 PM
I think we have a good idea how Draymond would vote since he felt like KD was needed in order to defeat LeBron after the 15-16 season.

Lmao. HINT: Steph Curry was already on the team, seems like it would be a moot point to re-recruit him, ay?

tredigs
05-16-2018, 09:50 PM

If he is ever dumb enough to leave the Warriors, I'll feel really bad for the team that heavily overpays for him
Hahah.

If Draymond Green was on the Wizards he would be your most impactful player + leader and you guys would have been favorites to come out of the East this year.

He is INTEGRAL to what the Warriors do and why they are the team that they are.

tredigs
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
You can always tell how much of an arrogant tool someone is by how often they make statements like this...

Stop being idiots?

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM

What's so funny is those words best / value / important can essentially mean the same thing, Lebron is all 3 for Cavs

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Best player: KD, he was pre nba and current, as usual

Most Valuable / Luxury: KD

Most important: Dray / Klay, defense

The Foundation: Curry

Jamiecballer
05-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Lmao. HINT: Steph Curry was already on the team, seems like it would be a moot point to re-recruit him, ay?I don't know what to tell you. If I have Batman on my team I'm not desperately texting Robin 5 mins after I lose the finals begging him to come. It says plenty.

Its crazy how Durant has taken the flack for them ALL. They won 73 games and felt they needed him to beat LeBron and somehow Durant is the *****.

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 10:22 PM
I don't know what to tell you. If I have Batman on my team I'm not desperately texting Robin 5 mins after I lose the finals begging him to come. It says plenty.

Its crazy how Durant has taken the flack for them ALL. They won 73 games and felt they needed him to beat LeBron and somehow Durant is the *****.

I see what you saying, making a ***** move once doesn't equate to that person being a *****, it just makes competitors of sports look at him in a way as being up 3 - 1 and joining the team that beat you in that fashion to reach the finals, and that same team loses in the finals in the same fashion and you join forces to really just stick it to Lebron since he had owned KD pre Warriors and was on the verge of owning Warriors seeing how they beat Bron basically by himself in 6 games, then a 7 game series that Bron won and the momentum was leaning towards Cavs repeating until KD held the Hampton 5 meeting and turned the title chase into a warriors over the field contest

KD made a weak move but doing what you want to do in a free agency what's best for you and your family is liberty we all have

like I said from a pure competitive standpoint its weak(***** move) from how it organically happened being up 3 - 1 against a so called dynasty, meaning KD / Russ had a quasi dynasty, or on the verge but they were legit contenders since 11 / 12 season so it wasn't shocking they were up on warriors, the shock came after the season

Jeffy25
05-16-2018, 11:01 PM
Durant's the best, Curry's the most important

papipapsmanny
05-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Hahah.

If Draymond Green was on the Wizards he would be your most impactful player + leader and you guys would have been favorites to come out of the East this year.

He is INTEGRAL to what the Warriors do and why they are the team that they are.

Perhaps, but that thats because he would teach the Wizards how to defend a pick, since it is very apparent that the Wizards players don't understand if you don't switch on a pick someone is wide open

Bostonjorge
05-17-2018, 01:17 AM
Green invented the death line up. That gave warriors 2 rings in 3 years. Heís not just leading the bigs in assists, heís leading the playoffs in assists.

Warriors lose their identity without Green. No Green then no death lineup and Warriors become ISO team.

WaDe03
05-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Durant is for sure the best, heís shown heís their go to guy multiple times. Still a ***** but heís their best player.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2018, 10:12 AM
My vote is for Zaza. Without him the Spurs wouldíve beaten them last year.

KingstonHawke
05-17-2018, 11:15 AM

I love what Draymond does, and think he's one of the all-time steals of the NBA draft. But out of the 3, he's easily the most replaceable. And for him to even be this great he needs to be in a situation just like this one, which doesn't exist anywhere else.

How many other teams could he play on under his salary and not be asked to put the ball on the ground and score more while still having the ball enough to make use of his ability to facilitate? He's an amazing defender who can switch everything but I would trade him for Leonard in a heart beat and just move Durant to the 4. While you'd take a major hit defending in the post Leonard can defend the wing just as well as Green can defend the post. And he gives you way more scoring.

If I'm the Warriors that's actually a deal I'd be trying to swing. Take a deal like this one...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9sdmlw6

Spurs get two great young absurdly cheap role players, LA get's to move to the 5 where he's basically unstoppable offensively, and Draymond is in one of the few situations where he'd still be as valuable as on the Warriors.

Chronz
05-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Its curry, he's just the unluckiest on the team, but that's oddly what helps his squad

Chronz
05-17-2018, 09:25 PM
I love what Draymond does, and think he's one of the all-time steals of the NBA draft. But out of the 3, he's easily the most replaceable. And for him to even be this great he needs to be in a situation just like this one, which doesn't exist anywhere else.

How many other teams could he play on under his salary and not be asked to put the ball on the ground and score more while still having the ball enough to make use of his ability to facilitate? He's an amazing defender who can switch everything but I would trade him for Leonard in a heart beat and just move Durant to the 4. While you'd take a major hit defending in the post Leonard can defend the wing just as well as Green can defend the post. And he gives you way more scoring.

If I'm the Warriors that's actually a deal I'd be trying to swing. Take a deal like this one...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9sdmlw6

Spurs get two great young absurdly cheap role players, LA get's to move to the 5 where he's basically unstoppable offensively, and Draymond is in one of the few situations where he'd still be as valuable as on the Warriors.
Lmao one of the few? He might be the best player on those spurs. Any team he joins he instantly gives them the ability to match up with anyone. Maybe not like 2 or 3 years ago but you would pay him that salary any day. It's one of the better values in the league outside of rookie contracts

ewing
05-17-2018, 09:53 PM
Curry is the most valuable regular season player in the history of the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aman_13
05-18-2018, 01:19 AM

Lol

aman_13
05-18-2018, 01:19 AM
Curry is the most important player on the team. I'll leave it at that.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Durant and it's really not even debatable.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Curry is the most important player on the team. I'll leave it at that.

No he's not

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Durant's the best, Curry's the most important

Durant's the best, Durant's the most important

WestCoastSportz
05-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Draymond Green is the ultimate role player and he plays his role better than most, but I'm not sure he would make my top 20 players in the league list, let alone put him ahead of a guys named Durant or Curry. Draymond is the 3rd best player on this team.

1. Kevin Durant
2. Steph Curry
3. Draymond Green
4. Klay Thompson
5. Andre Iguodala
6. David West
7. Shaun Livingston
8. Kevon Looney
9. Jordan Bell
10. Quinn Cook

aman_13
05-18-2018, 03:34 PM
No he's not

Well it has been proven time and time again that they are at their best when he's healthy. The amount of attention he garners is one of the reasons why teams have elected to go with switching because he will torch conventional pick and roll defenses.

The Warriors are able to get by without Curry because they have another top 3 player, but they are at their optimal and down right unfair level when he's at his best.

His shooting, passing, gravity enducing game is why the Warriors compromise the best defenses.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 03:38 PM
8. Kevon Looney

It's (Lu-nay).

It's French

TrueFan420
05-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Know what's really funny, Kevon's older brothers name is Kevin.

Bostonjorge
05-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Best player in the NBA is Durant. Elite ISO(not Irving/Harden good) elite size at 7 foot and great shot. If Durant is not scoring, heís still 7 foot and can play the 4 and rebound. He also seems to want to fight all the time now.

When Curry 3 point shot is falling then he becomes the best offensive player which usually makes you the best player. His pump fakes gives him Irving/Harden ISO and he puts guys like Leonard on skates. A 3 point shot is the hardest shot to make and whenís heís hitting impossible off the dribble ones, then itís over. When heís not making them heís just some player jacking up bad 3 point shots. No rebounding, defense, assists, blocks, acting tough like Durant or super hustle plays like Green.

Redrum187
05-18-2018, 10:27 PM
It's (Lu-nay).

It's French

I'm in season 6 of Family Matters as well... Small world!

Bostonjorge
05-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Now Green is the Guy that keeps them in check. Curry stays quite, donít fight and accepts when green coaches him. Durant is more alpha but Green has almost fought Durant when Durant starts to turn into Okc ISO Durant. The Green offense makes Curry the Best and Durant unbeatable.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 10:55 PM
I'm in season 6 of Family Matters as well... Small world!

:cheers:

numba1CHANGsta
05-18-2018, 11:15 PM
If I'm the Warriors, I would trade Curry this summer while his value is still high. Only a matter of time before he turns into a role one trick pony player. Trade Curry/Iggy for K. Walker/Batum and re-sign KD and Klay. Also trade away Green before he becomes a FA.

WaDe03
05-19-2018, 03:29 PM
If I'm the Warriors, I would trade Curry this summer while his value is still high. Only a matter of time before he turns into a role one trick pony player. Trade Curry/Iggy for K. Walker/Batum and re-sign KD and Klay. Also trade away Green before he becomes a FA.

Goodness lol, try again with your trade proposal. I agree though, Curry may see a quick decline, looks like it may have already started a little. Crazy heís 30

nastynice
05-19-2018, 04:54 PM
He already saw a decline in 2016. He then bounced back in 2017. Now back to declining. Itís magic!!

If the pattern holds true, heíll be good next year again. So after next year is when we should trade him

FlashBolt
05-20-2018, 03:52 AM
LeBron would rather play vs Curry because he's easier.. let's be honest here. Kevin Durant is the better player. Rockets gameplan has been to pick on Curry. How sad that their strategy is WORKING on the "2nd best player" in the NBA. Notice how they won't pick on KD... Because they can't.

FlashBolt
05-20-2018, 03:54 AM
At some point you Warriors fans need to give Curry's three point aura presence a break. It's enough. The guy plays awful and all you guys point to is "he's shooting threes far from the basket so it opens up players." Okay, we get it. And if you think KD ain't doing the same for his teammates, you're only seeing what you want to believe. Curry ain't better. If he is, please explain to me why he consistently gets picked on defensively and his offense turns to poop when he's going up against the one and only Chosen One, LeBron King James.

nastynice
05-20-2018, 04:37 AM
Brings up lebron in a curry vs green vs kd thread

Geez, what a homer

IKnowHoops
05-20-2018, 06:36 AM

Stop

Heediot
05-20-2018, 07:34 AM
I don't know what to tell you. If I have Batman on my team I'm not desperately texting Robin 5 mins after I lose the finals begging him to come. It says plenty.

Everyone was chasing KD. If the Cavs had cap room and flexibility (and lost in 16) they would of chased his *** too. Spurs, Clippers and other top teams at the time were all in on him. In this era of cap manipulation of max contracts you chase after any big fish if you have the ability to. Back in the 90s teams could outbid each other with no max contracts if they had the cap. Today even if your over the cap, you still have a shot if you can get buyers for contracts. The timing was perfect and ideal for the Warriors because of the cap spike, they would of been dumb not to try and get KD, moments like this in nba history is like one in a thousand.

Offensively, I still think Curry's the best on GS.
Defensively its Draymond.
2 Way it's KD.

Curry is getting exposed defensively in the playoffs as usual. At the same time, KD hasn't proven he could carry legit contenders to a titleon his own, he had his chances with OKC.

TrueFan420
05-20-2018, 11:58 AM
From a pure individual standpoint I'd argue KD is better in the sense that he has some vary rare phyisical tools matched with his skill sets. However the game isn't that of an individual, it's a team game. Curry, when healthy, also has some crazy skill sets that help elevate and create one of the best systems the NBA has seen. Not to mention his personality on top of all of that makes his TEAM thrive. You could argue KDs better and it's a fair argument but gun to my head building a team and I can only have 1 of the 2? I think I'd lean towards a healthy Curry. Having said all that tho, his injuries are starting to become a concern again. His ankles have been fine for the most part but these MCL spains are draining his lateral quickness and have come at two horrible times.

Also I saw some idiot bring up Currys low assist numbers. Watch the system work. That's how we exploit teams for open looks. He sacrifices numbers and creates space for others by moving off ball. He could easily pump up his numbers but instead of demanding to have the ball in his hands all the time he plays within a system that uses his skill set and gravity to free others up. That's one of things that makes him special. He prioritized winning over numbers or perception.

FlashBolt
05-20-2018, 03:23 PM
From a pure individual standpoint I'd argue KD is better in the sense that he has some vary rare phyisical tools matched with his skill sets. However the game isn't that of an individual, it's a team game. Curry, when healthy, also has some crazy skill sets that help elevate and create one of the best systems the NBA has seen. Not to mention his personality on top of all of that makes his TEAM thrive. You could argue KDs better and it's a fair argument but gun to my head building a team and I can only have 1 of the 2? I think I'd lean towards a healthy Curry. Having said all that tho, his injuries are starting to become a concern again. His ankles have been fine for the most part but these MCL spains are draining his lateral quickness and have come at two horrible times.

Also I saw some idiot bring up Currys low assist numbers. Watch the system work. That's how we exploit teams for open looks. He sacrifices numbers and creates space for others by moving off ball. He could easily pump up his numbers but instead of demanding to have the ball in his hands all the time he plays within a system that uses his skill set and gravity to free others up. That's one of things that makes him special. He prioritized winning over numbers or perception.

It's easier to stop Curry than it is KD and that's something no one can deny. KD just does things Curry can't for obvious reasons. While Curry does have a larger team effect due to his natural playmaking and shooting ability, it seems most teams exploit his defensive weaknesses and play tough defense on him to force him into bad shots/turnovers and Curry's rather low IQ for an elite player (yes, he's no doubt one of the most skilled/talented we've seen in NBA history but he's got some really questionable plays at times for a player of his pedigree) ends up being a mistake that everyone tends to ignore.

valade16
05-20-2018, 04:19 PM
LeBron would rather play vs Curry because he's easier.. let's be honest here. Kevin Durant is the better player. Rockets gameplan has been to pick on Curry. How sad that their strategy is WORKING on the "2nd best player" in the NBA. Notice how they won't pick on KD... Because they can't.

Conversely, maybe they're picking on Curry because they realize he's the better/more important player for the Warriors?

It's what the Cavs did last Finals, try to stop Curry. And when KD torched the crap out of them they said "nah, Curry is still more dangerous to ignore than KD". That speaks volumes.

COOLbeans
05-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Amazing that fans of the Warriors who are privileged to see all of the games and not just those on national TV all say Curry is the best player on the dubs.

And still guys who maybe watch 10 games say Durant and then argue with those people who watch 82 games and have a true sample size of games to base their opion

nastynice
05-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Amazing that fans of the Warriors who are privileged to see all of the games and not just those on national TV all say Curry is the best player on the dubs.

And still guys who maybe watch 10 games say Durant and then argue with those people who watch 82 games and have a true sample size of games to base their opion

Stats bro

COOLbeans
05-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Anyone who says Curryís a low iq defensive player or terrible on that end doesnít watch the Warriors enough and should just be quiet.

Dude has limited physical strength on that end so itís more pronounced in the playoffs. However, he plays very good help team defense, rebounds well for a PG (always has) and is able to get in passing lanes and has elite instincts.

valade16
05-20-2018, 08:22 PM
Anyone who says Curryís a low iq defensive player or terrible on that end doesnít watch the Warriors enough and should just be quiet.

Dude has limited physical strength on that end so itís more pronounced in the playoffs. However, he plays very good help team defense, rebounds well for a PG (always has) and is able to get in passing lanes and has elite instincts.

To be fair, Curry has been beaten pretty consistently in ISO situations by Kyrie, Harden and CP3. One on one he is not a great defender vs quality scorers.

jason
05-20-2018, 08:36 PM

The bolded part is dumb statement. They lost in the last minute of a game. Forget they were recruiting KD before the 73 win season knowing they had to pay Barnes or go after KD

Chronz
05-20-2018, 09:03 PM
They're attacking curry but he's not a liability. They attack him to wear himout and cuz hes the weak link on a strong as chain that can survive it

Jamiecballer
05-20-2018, 09:37 PM
The bolded part is dumb statement. They lost in the last minute of a game. Forget they were recruiting KD before the 73 win season knowing they had to pay Barnes or go after KDThat somehow makes a difference to you?

valade16
05-20-2018, 10:08 PM
I think this series thus far has illustrated the difference in the impact of KD/Curry.

If KD goes off the Warriors will likely win but have a chance to lose. When Curry goes off, GS blows out their opponent most of the time.

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2018, 01:25 AM
I don't see how Green is an option and Klay isn't.

I mean, it is clearly between Curry and KD, but if we are talking about third best player, it seems that Klay is the obvious choice with an interesting but strong case being made for Green.

I mean... posting 20 a game on only 16 shots a game and shooting 44% form the arc while playing solid D and getting his share of rebounds (not a lot, but good for his position) and protecting the ball well in this heavy-passing system.

No respect for Klay.

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2018, 01:29 AM
Goodness lol, try again with your trade proposal. I agree though, Curry may see a quick decline, looks like it may have already started a little. Crazy heís 30

Shoots almost 50/40/90, socring 26 points a game on only 17 shots and he's 'quickly declining'?

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2018, 01:32 AM

I don't know what is crazier, suggesting that the Warriors should trade Curry, or that they'd need to throw in Iggy to get something more than Kemba Walker for him.

jason
05-21-2018, 02:33 AM
That somehow makes a difference to you?

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkYour statement makes no sense with a false narrative

crewfan13
05-21-2018, 09:27 AM
I think this series thus far has illustrated the difference in the impact of KD/Curry.

If KD goes off the Warriors will likely win but have a chance to lose. When Curry goes off, GS blows out their opponent most of the time.

Thatís because KD is consistently great. When Steph plays great, Durant still plays really well and impacts the game in more ways, particularly defensively.

Anyone who doesnít say KD is just over thinking it to me. KD is the 2nd best player in the league and doesnít have any glaring weaknesses. Lebron is still number 1 for me by a fairly comfortable margin. KD is also number 2 by a decent margin. Then from there it gets pretty tight and Steph is in that next tier fighting for number 3, although AD is probably above him.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Conversely, maybe they're picking on Curry because they realize he's the better/more important player for the Warriors?

It's what the Cavs did last Finals, try to stop Curry. And when KD torched the crap out of them they said "nah, Curry is still more dangerous to ignore than KD". That speaks volumes.

The thing is, you can stop Curry, and you canít stop Durant. But yes, Curry left unchecked is still scarier.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2018, 02:09 PM

Thatís because when Curry goes off, Durant is still going off. Itís more, when 1 goes off vs 2 of them going off.

IKnowHoops
05-21-2018, 02:11 PM
I don't know what is crazier, suggesting that the Warriors should trade Curry, or that they'd need to throw in Iggy to get something more than Kemba Walker for him.

Wow, that was the worst trade proposal/breakdown Iíve seen on PSD. Just wow at that guys stupidity.

Jamiecballer
05-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Your statement makes no sense with a false narrativeOk don't explain your position I'm ok with that

valade16
05-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Thatís because KD is consistently great. When Steph plays great, Durant still plays really well and impacts the game in more ways, particularly defensively.

Anyone who doesnít say KD is just over thinking it to me. KD is the 2nd best player in the league and doesnít have any glaring weaknesses. Lebron is still number 1 for me by a fairly comfortable margin. KD is also number 2 by a decent margin. Then from there it gets pretty tight and Steph is in that next tier fighting for number 3, although AD is probably above him.

Thatís because when Curry goes off, Durant is still going off. Itís more, when 1 goes off vs 2 of them going off.

Just for my own edification I looked at the Warriors record when KD or Curry scored less than 20 pts.

They went 8-4 when KD scored less than 20 and 3-6 when Curry did (excluding a game when Curry played 2 Mins).

Conversely, the Warriors were 7-1 when Curry scored 35+ and only 7-6 when KD did.

So while KD may go off more often than Curry, he gets held in check more as well. And the Warriors definitely do better win wise when Curry is not being held in check or is going off than they do if KD is.

I think it's pretty clear: Curry is the engine that drives the Warriors.

Rivera
05-21-2018, 02:51 PM
i think Draymond said it best. Currys 3 ball is like someone elses dunk. When lets say, Lebron has a nice break away dunk, that gets the crowd juiced and the cavs play harder with more intensity, their a little more engaged for a few possesions. When Curry hits that 3, its that same effect, man that place explodes and the Warriors seem to take it up a notch. Theres a little extra juice in the GSW steps when Curry is hitting that 3

KD is clearly the better player but Dray and Curry are the straw to stir GSW

KingPosey
05-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Lol at Green being the best player in that team

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 04:23 PM

Except, Warriors were already winning before Curry went berzerk. It just shows that when KD and Curry BOTH play well, no one beats them.

Jeffy25
05-21-2018, 06:17 PM
I can't remember where I had the discussion with another poster, but the idea of a salary cap in basketball and it's affect on parity.

This was on Hoops Rumors

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/owners-players-among-those-who-built-the-bridge-between-kevin-durant-and-golden-state.html

The Max Contract
The year is 1997 and Kevin Garnett is the leagueís next bright, young star. At 22-years-old, his rookie contract is approaching its end and he signs a six-year, $126MM contract with Wolves during the 1997/98 season. Itís the biggest contract in the history and NBA owners are fearful of what doling out those kinds of deals could mean for the future of their franchises.

The angst was partially to blame for the lockout during the 1998/99 season and the maximum salary deal is born as a result of heavy negotiations between owners and players. The new structure put a ceiling on what players could earn.

Imagine a world where there is no max salary and top players can earn what the market dictates. Someone like Durant could theoretically command 50% of the salary cap, maybe more. Instead, with the max deal limiting playersí earnings, shunning the most lucrative offer in favor of one with a better on-court situation becomes less of a sacrifice and teaming up with other superstars becomes more appealing.

The latest CBA gave teams a great tool in the Designated Players Extension, a deal designed to give organizations an unquestioned financial advantage in retaining their own players. This vehicle wasnít yet available when Oklahoma City fought to keep Durant and some believe the new extension option came as a result of his departure.

Jeffy25
05-21-2018, 06:24 PM
LeBron would be the highest paid player in sports by a landslide.

And we wouldn't have teams of superstars

FlashBolt
05-21-2018, 06:24 PM
I can't remember where I had the discussion with another poster, but the idea of a salary cap in basketball and it's affect on parity.

This was on Hoops Rumors

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/owners-players-among-those-who-built-the-bridge-between-kevin-durant-and-golden-state.html

LeBron would be the highest paid player in sports by a landslide.

papipapsmanny
05-21-2018, 07:45 PM
And we wouldn't have teams of superstars

For a Decade the East has been Lebron and whathever two other allstars he was playing with (until irving left this year) and essentially crap as competition.

The West was a lot tougher but the emergence of the Warriors saw a clear cut better team but before they hit their stride the west was very much a heavy weight fight to see who comes out

WaDe03
05-21-2018, 07:56 PM
Shoots almost 50/40/90, socring 26 points a game on only 17 shots and he's 'quickly declining'?

Reading comprehension is important my friend.

WaDe03
05-21-2018, 07:59 PM
This scenario reminds me so much of Heat fans arguing Wade was better than LeBron. He was their first year together but after that it was clearly LeBron. We would say ďwe would know, we watch every game Wade is the most important player etc.Ē just like Warriors fans are. Itís just hard to admit because Curry was their first and he WAS the Warriors. KD is clearly the better player.

nastynice
05-21-2018, 08:21 PM
This scenario reminds me so much of Heat fans arguing Wade was better than LeBron. He was their first year together but after that it was clearly LeBron. We would say ďwe would know, we watch every game Wade is the most important player etc.Ē just like Warriors fans are. Itís just hard to admit because Curry was their first and he WAS the Warriors. KD is clearly the better player.

Except that lebron basically does everything better than wade. Whereas curry and KD bring completely diff things to the table, and many of us are simply valuing what curry brings more. We are an elite system with an elite 1 on 1 player transposed on top of it, each one is more important in diff situations, but many of us still ultimately value the system more. That system already got us one ring and a shot away from another ring, so there is certainly substance behind that stance

tredigs
05-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Lmfao at all of this.

KnicksorBust
05-21-2018, 09:05 PM
I would draft Durant first but I think its Curry.

jason
05-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Just for my own edification I looked at the Warriors record when KD or Curry scored less than 20 pts.

They went 8-4 when KD scored less than 20 and 3-6 when Curry did (excluding a game when Curry played 2 Mins).

Conversely, the Warriors were 7-1 when Curry scored 35+ and only 7-6 when KD did.

So while KD may go off more often than Curry, he gets held in check more as well. And the Warriors definitely do better win wise when Curry is not being held in check or is going off than they do if KD is.

I think it's pretty clear: Curry is the engine that drives the Warriors.Great post Vlade. I think in a vacuum KD has the edge but in this situation Curry is more important

Jamiecballer
05-21-2018, 10:30 PM
This scenario reminds me so much of Heat fans arguing Wade was better than LeBron. He was their first year together but after that it was clearly LeBron. We would say ďwe would know, we watch every game Wade is the most important player etc.Ē just like Warriors fans are. Itís just hard to admit because Curry was their first and he WAS the Warriors. KD is clearly the better player.Well said

Jamiecballer
05-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Lmfao at all of this.That one hit a little too close to home huh

crewfan13
05-21-2018, 10:44 PM

I think it's pretty clear: Curry is the engine that drives the Warriors.

I think the methodology itself is somewhat flawed. I mean, I bet the Cavs numbers when say JR Smith goes off are pretty good, but that doesnít mean heís the best guy on be team. And conversely, Lebron puts up huge numbers in plenty of losses as well, since heís basically asked to carry the team. Not saying Durant is in the same boat by any means, but simply using that to demonstrate that the methodology is flawed.

And canít your point be construed as the exact opposite take? When Durant isnít scoring he still finds ways to help the team win. When curry isnít scoring, he doesnít do as much to help the team win.

I think one of the main reasons anyone argues curry is because we saw curry with this team before Durant and they were great. I have a feeling if it was the opposite, and this was Durantís original team with klay, dray and company and curry joined, it wouldnít even be a debate.

valade16
05-22-2018, 02:06 PM
I think the methodology itself is somewhat flawed. I mean, I bet the Cavs numbers when say JR Smith goes off are pretty good, but that doesnít mean heís the best guy on be team. And conversely, Lebron puts up huge numbers in plenty of losses as well, since heís basically asked to carry the team. Not saying Durant is in the same boat by any means, but simply using that to demonstrate that the methodology is flawed.

And canít your point be construed as the exact opposite take? When Durant isnít scoring he still finds ways to help the team win. When curry isnít scoring, he doesnít do as much to help the team win.

I think one of the main reasons anyone argues curry is because we saw curry with this team before Durant and they were great. I have a feeling if it was the opposite, and this was Durantís original team with klay, dray and company and curry joined, it wouldnít even be a debate.

You think my methodology is flawed because without even looking at the numbers you "bet" they'd say what you want them to in regards to JR Smith?

And yes, it could be construed that way, except you'd then have to explain that while KD is scoring and doing the little things that supposedly help the Warriors win they don't actually win very much (7-6). So does he stop doing all the little things that help them win when he scores?

I think the main reason anyone argues Curry is because his numbers are generally better across the board. I don't see why everyone wants to just throw away the actual data to argue their case now.

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:11 PM
That one hit a little too close to home huh

The truth hurts, it really does. Been there and done that, I know what heís going through.

valade16
05-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Well said

1st year in Miami:

Bron 27.3 PER | .244 WS/48 | 8.6 BPM
Wade 25.6 PER | .213 WS/48 | 5.9 BPM

This year:

Curry 28.2 PER | .267 WS/48 | 8.6 BPM | 6.19 RPM
Durant 26.0 PER | .215 WS/48 | 5.6 BPM | 3.07 RPM

Bizarre, it's almost like every metric shows Curry as the better, more impactful player for the Warriors in the same way it showed that for LeBron on the Heat...

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Except that lebron basically does everything better than wade. Whereas curry and KD bring completely diff things to the table, and many of us are simply valuing what curry brings more. We are an elite system with an elite 1 on 1 player transposed on top of it, each one is more important in diff situations, but many of us still ultimately value the system more. That system already got us one ring and a shot away from another ring, so there is certainly substance behind that stance

Curry is only a better shooter than KD.

The system of KD making the biggest ***** move in sports history is getting you rings. Thats great for Warriors fans but in the bigger picture theyíre pretty meaningless and the weakest rings the NBA has seen.

valade16
05-22-2018, 02:14 PM
Except, Warriors were already winning before Curry went berzerk. It just shows that when KD and Curry BOTH play well, no one beats them.

They were winning by 11. They won by 41. Curry's "berserk" was a 30 point differential.

But I agree, when both are playing well, no one beats them. When just Curry is playing well, almost no one beats them, when just KD is playing well, they get beaten far more often.

Coincidence I suppose.

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:15 PM
1st year in Miami:

This year:

Bizarre, it's almost like every metric shows Curry as the better, more impactful player for the Warriors in the same way it showed that for LeBron on the Heat...

Advanced stats arenít the final say in every discussion. KD showed who the best player was in the finals and has done so in these playoffs. Wade showed he was the best in the finals while LeBron folded under pressure.

valade16
05-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Advanced stats arenít the final say in every discussion. KD showed who the best player was in the finals and has done so in these playoffs. Wade showed he was the best in the finals while LeBron folded under pressure.

The Cavs showed they were more worried about Curry than KD in the Finals, even after KD went off against them, they didn't double him at all.

It's very similar to when Kobe/Shaq were dominating. When Kobe went off, you still didn't double him because you realized that Shaq was still the more impactful player. The same is true of Curry/KD.

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:22 PM
The Cavs showed they were more worried about Curry than KD in the Finals, even after KD went off against them, they didn't double him at all.

It's very similar to when Kobe/Shaq were dominating. When Kobe went off, you still didn't double him because you realized that Shaq was still the more impactful player. The same is true of Curry/KD.

KD is better, Curry is only a better shooter. They canít double anyone on the Warriors because theyíre a cheat code.

valade16
05-22-2018, 02:26 PM
KD is better, Curry is only a better shooter. They canít double anyone on the Warriors because theyíre a cheat code.

Only a better shooter? Tell me with a straight face KD has better handles than Curry. Or tell me he's a better passer.

If you wish to lose all credibility you have, go right ahead.

tredigs
05-22-2018, 02:28 PM
The truth hurts, it really does. Been there and done that, I know what heís going through.
Let's just say your opinion could not hold any less weight. There is a reason why the Warriors are consistently better with Curry. It's because he has the greater impact on the team. It's why the numbers consistently back that up. KD IS the better ISO scorer though, and man does Curry allow him a heap of it due to the shagrin of all opposing coaches who know the alternative is a far more deadly scenario.

All good though, just glad we have em both.

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Only a better shooter? Tell me with a straight face KD has better handles than Curry. Or tell me he's a better passer.

If you wish to lose all credibility you have, go right ahead.

Youíre right, Curry is the better passer. KD is far better well rounded though, one of them is targeted defensively. The poll says it all. I donít think itís a 15-3 difference but KD is clearly the better player.

WaDe03
05-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Let's just say your opinion could not hold any less weight. There is a reason why the Warriors are consistently better with Curry. It's because he has the greater impact on the team. It's why the numbers consistently back that up. KD IS the better ISO scorer though, and man does Curry allow him a heap of it due to the shagrin of all opposing coaches who know the alternative is a far more deadly scenario.

All good though, just glad we have em both.

It hurts tredigs but it will get better, I promise. KD is the better player but Curry is a hell of a player himself. As a Warriors fan youíre living the life, while no one views these rings with any significance Iím sure that doesnít mean much to Warriors fans. Maybe a team will come along to make these rings account for something

mngopher35
05-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Oh wow I just looked at the poll.

I said it when KD first got there but Curry imo is the one who ends up with the greatest individual hit and we are already kinda seeing it (he was argued as best player in nba just a season before, now not best on his own team). Curry is still the engine but Westy kinda was for OKC too, that didn't make him better than KD. Obviously not the same as Curry but my point is you can be the engine or player others rely on more and not be better than KD.

Teams will likely try a bit harder to stop Curry and it will allow KD to shine in specific situations (granted Curry benefits from spacing/movement/finishing of others within GS system as well, he is still the key cog). This is probably going to keep letting Durant look better in some key moments as he will almost always be able to take advantage of 1v1 mismatches. I get they have all time level pg, all time scorer at SF, all time 3pt sg, and a DPOY big who can space/pass so everyone benefits to an extent on not having defenses keyed in but I think Curry gets a little less of that advantage than KD/others with how defenses play them.

tredigs
05-22-2018, 02:55 PM
It hurts tredigs but it will get better, I promise. KD is the better player but Curry is a hell of a player himself. As a Warriors fan youíre living the life, while no one views these rings with any significance Iím sure that doesnít mean much to Warriors fans. Maybe a team will come along to make these rings account for something

In case I need to make this more obvious as to why your Wade/Bron comment as a corollary is so laughable/dumb/wrong, KD is the one who Curry and the Warriors had just beaten h2h, Curry proving to be the best player on the court in the series. He was also the incumbent b2b MVP and led the Warriors to the Finals in each season (Bron was better before/during/after joining the Heat, and there was no question about that... accolade wise, team impact wise, and stats wise... all the opposite for KD and Curry). Steph is very clearly still the most impactful player on the court, which is why RPM is so far and away in his favor every year. KD is incredible in his own right, and again IS the better isolation scorer, so I do understand why the casual/uninformed fan thinks he's their top piece, but it's simply not the case. It's not a game of 1v1, and Curry's impact spreads to the totality of the team at a higher level than Durant (the irony is that he's the significant reason for why KD is afforded this many ISO shots, you realize?). That's been the case for both players separate and together since 2013.

valade16
05-22-2018, 04:03 PM
It is odd that everyone was saying Curry/Dray/Klay only look so good because of the system in GS and then KD goes to the system in GS and suddenly nobody thinks the system has an effect on KD.

crewfan13
05-22-2018, 04:15 PM
You think my methodology is flawed because without even looking at the numbers you "bet" they'd say what you want them to in regards to JR Smith?

And yes, it could be construed that way, except you'd then have to explain that while KD is scoring and doing the little things that supposedly help the Warriors win they don't actually win very much (7-6). So does he stop doing all the little things that help them win when he scores?

I think the main reason anyone argues Curry is because his numbers are generally better across the board. I don't see why everyone wants to just throw away the actual data to argue their case now.

In the 8 games Steph scored 35 or more, the warriors played at full strength in 6 of those games. For me, full strength is Steph, KD, draymond, klay and iggy. In the other two, the played without KD only, but the rest of the roster played for the most part. The warriors were 2-0 in those games, and those games came against 1 playoff team (Washington) and 1 none playoff team (Phoenix).

For what itís worth, I only counted 12 games for KD over 35, and their record was 7-5, but not really a major difference in your numbers so it doesnt matter much.

In those 5 losses, the warriors plays at full strength once. 1 game was no Steph, 2 games were no Steph and no iggy and 1 game was no Steph and no klay. In the 7 wins, the warriors never once played at full strength. 3 times they were without Steph and draymond. Twice they were without only Steph. Once they were without only Iggy, and once they were without Steph and iggy. Plus, of Durantís 5 losses, 4 came to playoff teams and the one non playoff team was the clippers, who still finished above .500.

So your numbers are flawed, as I stated. Durant often scored more than 35 when playing with more players missing than Steph.

mngopher35
05-22-2018, 04:39 PM
It is odd that everyone was saying Curry/Dray/Klay only look so good because of the system in GS and then KD goes to the system in GS and suddenly nobody thinks the system has an effect on KD.

I think it could have more to do with when KD has been stepping up in the eyes of many. Now that they are on the same team who is performing best when there is pressure. GS really doesn't have anyone near their level as I think we can both agree so it makes it tougher but that basically leaves us with Cavs (defending champs) or Rockets (1st seed in West, arguably considered closest threat so far to them) imo which is part of the problem, such a small sample. In both of these key series where it was expected Warriors would receive their greatest and possibly only challenge it was KD stepping up (so far, until 2nd half last game when GS already had lead).

I think in a general sense KD is seeing as having the better season last year and the stats are mixed both RS and playoffs to give him the nod (playoff BPM is the only one he is behind of PER/WS/BPM for quick looks RS/playoffs last year although also biggest gap I think). He also is seen stepping up in the biggest moments on top of those #'s. Watching teams attack Curry on the other end also probably doesn't help his perception either although he has done a pretty solid job despite some narratives.

I think Curry is still the better player overall but if you want to run with what we have seen in the biggest series the last couple years moreso than a total sum of the stats against all teams I think Durant has a pretty solid case and that is why perception is shifting. Again I think generally you are right and the attention he draws offensively etc. give him the edge as a player/more impactful but I think the shift has some basis on what people have seen last couple years.

esscobar05
05-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Curry is only a better shooter than KD.

The system of KD making the biggest ***** move in sports history is getting you rings. Thats great for Warriors fans but in the bigger picture theyíre pretty meaningless and the weakest rings the NBA has seen.

Let it go man...
I still say what I said when Lebron did it back in the day.. Whatever is good for the man. I'm not going to let anyone tell me to not take a job because I will be happy doing it.. So, I'm not going to tell a man not to do what he wants to do with HIS life!

People need to stop worrying about another man's life. That's called something! Right!?
Let the man live

Jamiecballer
05-22-2018, 05:21 PM
1st year in Miami:

This year:

Bizarre, it's almost like every metric shows Curry as the better, more impactful player for the Warriors in the same way it showed that for LeBron on the Heat...Hey im not arguing numbers, just agreeing that one is clearly a better, more well-rounded player. No matter how well Durant has blended in to what the warriors are doing he sacrifices and im pretty sure he was happy to do so. This is why a large number of people have said Durant is the best player, curry the most important. Curry has the keys.

Jamiecballer
05-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Curry is still the engine but Westy kinda was for OKC too, that didn't make him better than KD. Obviously not the same as Curry but my point is you can be the engine or player others rely on more and not be better than KD.

Bingo

tredigs
05-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Hey im not arguing numbers, just agreeing that one is clearly a better, more well-rounded player. No matter how well Durant has blended in to what the warriors are doing he sacrifices and im pretty sure he was happy to do so. This is why a large number of people have said Durant is the best player, curry the most important. Curry has the keys.

The most important player IS the best player. Curry would unlock the world for every team.
He's the cheat code. He's the foundation of why they were charging to NBA Finals and breaking wins records. That's what you guys need to realize (or stay ignorant, it's all the same).

mngopher35
05-22-2018, 06:35 PM
The most important player IS the best player. Curry would unlock the world for every team.
He's the cheat code. He's the foundation of why they were charging to NBA Finals and breaking wins records. That's what you guys need to realize (or stay ignorant, it's all the same).

I agree with this in a general sense but outside of Curry GS was still pretty great too and that COULD be seen as a big reason they made it so far/past Durant even. What if people always saw these guys as close but think Westy/Adams OKC offense isn't as good as Thompson/Dray and the Warriors system? I don't even disagree with Curry being better and more important but I don't think it is quite as clear cut/obvious as some say/think anymore. KD has the edge with his specific key moment performances (cle/houston early in series) so far on GS imo even if Curry still seems like clearly the engine it doesn't really matter as much as specific moments people consider GS challenged in some way (even if not fair they will be judged on playoff success etc.more than anything now).

I will again reference 2016 season as I did when pointing out what Klay has done as more of a leader in the playoffs. They beat a Pat Bev/Harden/Ariza/Dwight rockets squad (down season) with Curry only being a major factor in one game and sitting most of the rest of series (5 turns, 2/7 shooting 18 mins in other game played). They essentially went 3-1 against that rockets team without him and then proceeded to go up 2-1 on Portland as well before he came back. Klay/Dray/Iggy etc. were basically playing at a level of winning series in the West without Curry OR Durant so whether GS wins or loses isn't necessarily deciding better player.

I agree with the idea Curry is a better and more impactful player than Durant I just think it is a little less obvious with the current situation

Jamiecballer
05-22-2018, 07:00 PM

no, that's not true. the most important player is frequently the point guard because much of the touches flow from his play and if he's a star player as Curry is the ball is in his hands an inordinate amount of time. Russell Westbrook will always be the most important player on the Thunder, for (better or for) worse. And he is worlds of magnitude below Kevin Durant as a player. I don't suppose you have ever noticed how dysfunctional teams frequently are when a star point guard goes down, it's like literally cutting the head off the snake. Kyrie Irving was the most important Cav against Golden State btw. Exact same thing, nobody is going to argue that Irving is actually better than James. Many think Derozan is better than Lowry but then say that Lowry is the one player who has to play well. I think point guard is one position that makes your statement a false one. The best is not always the most important.

valade16
05-22-2018, 07:22 PM
In the 8 games Steph scored 35 or more, the warriors played at full strength in 6 of those games. For me, full strength is Steph, KD, draymond, klay and iggy. In the other two, the played without KD only, but the rest of the roster played for the most part. The warriors were 2-0 in those games, and those games came against 1 playoff team (Washington) and 1 none playoff team (Phoenix).

For what itís worth, I only counted 12 games for KD over 35, and their record was 7-5, but not really a major difference in your numbers so it doesnt matter much.

In those 5 losses, the warriors plays at full strength once. 1 game was no Steph, 2 games were no Steph and no iggy and 1 game was no Steph and no klay. In the 7 wins, the warriors never once played at full strength. 3 times they were without Steph and draymond. Twice they were without only Steph. Once they were without only Iggy, and once they were without Steph and iggy. Plus, of Durantís 5 losses, 4 came to playoff teams and the one non playoff team was the clippers, who still finished above .500.

So your numbers are flawed, as I stated. Durant often scored more than 35 when playing with more players missing than Steph.

First Bolded: Did you also include the playoffs?

Second Bolded: My numbers are not flawed, you just don't like the conclusion they demonstrate. Your entire point is it shouldn't count because although KD went off a ton, he was missing Steph and therefore they lost a lot.

So your point is KD on the Warriors without Steph doesn't win that much compared to the Warriors? Well luckily we have several years of Curry on the Warriors without KD and they did very well. So even with your context, all you've said is that the Warriors fair better with Steph and no KD than they do with KD and no Steph. Which actually helps my point. So thank you.

Chronz
05-22-2018, 07:37 PM
Oh wow I just looked at the poll.

I said it when KD first got there but Curry imo is the one who ends up with the greatest individual hit and we are already kinda seeing it (he was argued as best player in nba just a season before, now not best on his own team). Curry is still the engine but Westy kinda was for OKC too, that didn't make him better than KD. Obviously not the same as Curry but my point is you can be the engine or player others rely on more and not be better than KD.

Teams will likely try a bit harder to stop Curry and it will allow KD to shine in specific situations (granted Curry benefits from spacing/movement/finishing of others within GS system as well, he is still the key cog). This is probably going to keep letting Durant look better in some key moments as he will almost always be able to take advantage of 1v1 mismatches. I get they have all time level pg, all time scorer at SF, all time 3pt sg, and a DPOY big who can space/pass so everyone benefits to an extent on not having defenses keyed in but I think Curry gets a little less of that advantage than KD/others with how defenses play them.

The dumbass media is already preaching it.

tredigs
05-22-2018, 07:51 PM
no, that's not true. the most important player is frequently the point guard because much of the touches flow from his play and if he's a star player as Curry is the ball is in his hands an inordinate amount of time. Russell Westbrook will always be the most important player on the Thunder, for (better or for) worse. And he is worlds of magnitude below Kevin Durant as a player. I don't suppose you have ever noticed how dysfunctional teams frequently are when a star point guard goes down, it's like literally cutting the head off the snake. Kyrie Irving was the most important Cav against Golden State btw. Exact same thing, nobody is going to argue that Irving is actually better than James. Many think Derozan is better than Lowry but then say that Lowry is the one player who has to play well. I think point guard is one position that makes your statement a false one. The best is not always the most important.I could not possibly disagree with this paragraph any more. It does not vibe with the numbers, or anything that someone who consistently watches the team would say.

Jamiecballer
05-22-2018, 10:01 PM
I could not possibly disagree with this paragraph any more. It does not vibe with the numbers, or anything that someone who consistently watches the team would say.

really? the whole paragraph or just as it relates to the team you are a fanatic of?

Chronz
05-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Guys, you have no idea how much Curry sacrifices for KD. His stats are bananas without him

ewing
05-22-2018, 11:36 PM
Harden and Curry both are both top 5 all time- regular season

JordansBulls
05-23-2018, 12:49 AM
1st year in Miami:

This year:

Is that what the finals showed as well? Did one player have the finals mvp as well?

crewfan13
05-23-2018, 09:09 AM
First Bolded: Did you also include the playoffs?

Second Bolded: My numbers are not flawed, you just don't like the conclusion they demonstrate. Your entire point is it shouldn't count because although KD went off a ton, he was missing Steph and therefore they lost a lot.

So your point is KD on the Warriors without Steph doesn't win that much compared to the Warriors? Well luckily we have several years of Curry on the Warriors without KD and they did very well. So even with your context, all you've said is that the Warriors fair better with Steph and no KD than they do with KD and no Steph. Which actually helps my point. So thank you.

I didnít include playoffs, so that is likely the difference in total games.

However, I donít see how you can construe this as a point in your favor, but go ahead and take it.

Your stats indicate the warriors fare better in games that Steph scores 35 than Durant. While true, everything Iím pointing out indicates itís by no means a fair comparison. The teammates Steph is playing with when he goes off for 35+ are significantly better than the ones Durant is playing with when he went off for 35+. And itís not just Steph sitting out. Of the 12 games Durant scores 35+, someone other than curry was sitting out 8 of those 12 games. And in 7 of those 8 games, Steph was also out. And by someone, I donít mean Zaza or someone like that. Someone is one of klay, draymond and iggy.

Comparing their records when the they score 35+ is comparing apples and oranges because they werenít playing with the same teammates. In almost every case, Durantís version of the team was short handed while Curryís was full strength. And even Curryís 2 short handed games were missing only one other stud, while over half of Durantís where missing at least 2 key pieces.

WaDe03
05-23-2018, 01:22 PM
They both choked on a huge dick last night.