PDA

View Full Version : Replace LeBron game

ewing
05-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Take LeBron off the the Cavs replace him to with anyone other player in the NBA. How to the Cavs fair?

I'll start. I am going to replace LeBron with Rudy Gobert. I think this is one of the better replacement you could make and I think the Cavs as constructed with Rudy win 45 games. Rudy makes the Cavs a good defensive team even with Kyle and Love out at the wings. Basically he lets you play your top offensive weapons without them hurting you on the defensive end. This team would lack some in play making but they have shooting, capable passers, a pick and roll target. I think it would be a pretty interesting group

LOb0
05-14-2018, 06:17 PM
Your LeBron hate is getting to obsessive levels.

ewing
05-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Your LeBron hate is getting to obsessive levels.

The Cavs biggest weakness is defensive- particularly rim protection and size. I don't know how many guys I would replace LeBron with before Rudy but I'm sure I can count them on one hand.

warfelg
05-14-2018, 06:33 PM
If you replace LeBron with Rudy who the heck scores?

Hill-Smith-Bron-Love-Thompson. **** I dunno who starts for them there days.

Hill-Smith-Korver-Love-Gobert? Thats ******.

Why not replace him with a similar playmaker? PG13, Westy, Kawhi.

Heck, what about a guy like Boogie, AD, KAT, Embiid?

Hill - Smith - PG/Kawhi - Love - Thompson
Hill - Smith - Korver - Love - Boogie/AD/Embiid

Heck that Hill/Smith/Love/Biid lineup looks very much like the Dwight Orlando team that was in the finals but Embiid is even better.

Heck Id pose the better question. Replace Love with one All-Star whos not a starter, Smith with one non-All-Star (non-injured, never made a team) how many wins could that team have?

Hill - McCollum - Bron - Green - Aldridge/Dummond/Horford/KAT

Thats a team doing damage.

mrblisterdundee
05-14-2018, 06:35 PM
I could see Kevin Durant doing nearly as well with their roster.

mrblisterdundee
05-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Heck Id pose the better question. Replace Love with one All-Star whos not a starter, Smith with one non-All-Star (non-injured, never made a team) how many wins could that team have?

I'd go Klay Thompson and Rudy Gobert:

PG: Hill, Clarkson, Calderon
SG: Thompson, Hood
SF: Cedi, Korver
PF: LeBron, Nance Jr., Green
C: Gobert, Thompson, Zizic

warfelg
05-14-2018, 06:54 PM
I'd go Klay Thompson and Rudy Gobert:

PG: Hill, Clarkson, Calderon
SG: Thompson, Hood
SF: Cedi, Korver
PF: LeBron, Nance Jr., Green
C: Gobert, Thompson, Zizic

Two really solid picks. Any fear that Gobert would clog the lanes some on Bron and take away the drive? Knowing he isn't much of a threat can really be trouble.

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 07:35 PM
They won 50 games this year, I won't worry about playoffs, but rather just the regular season.

Harden - 48 wins
Durant - 48 wins
KAT - 46 wins
A. Davis - 46 wins
Giannis - 45 wins
Westbrook - 45 wins
Curry - 45 wins
Paul - 44 wins
Simmons - 43 wins

Everyone else, .500 or worse

ewing
05-14-2018, 08:00 PM
If you replace LeBron with Rudy who the heck scores?

Hill-Smith-Bron-Love-Thompson. **** I dunno who starts for them there days.

Hill-Smith-Korver-Love-Gobert? Thats ******.

Why not replace him with a similar playmaker? PG13, Westy, Kawhi.

Heck, what about a guy like Boogie, AD, KAT, Embiid?

Hill - Smith - PG/Kawhi - Love - Thompson
Hill - Smith - Korver - Love - Boogie/AD/Embiid

Heck that Hill/Smith/Love/Biid lineup looks very much like the Dwight Orlando team that was in the finals but Embiid is even better.

Hill - McCollum - Bron - Green - Aldridge/Dummond/Horford/KAT

Thats a team doing damage.

they are a little short on scoring but looking at the starting line up you gave me- Love goes back up to 24 or 25 a game and everyone else is reasonable. As for why I took Rudy? I took him b/c he is interesting and good fit. I wouldn't select some of the guys you are suggesting b/c I don't think the Cavs would be as good with them. For instance Westbrook is more ball dominate then LeBron and not as good a play maker. Your supporting caste is not enhanced, plus he addresses none of your defensive issues. I would rather have my play making distributed amongst the guys that are getting shut out by playing with a ball dominate teammate and become much much better on defensive as a team with Rudy then add Westy. He is not the only you mention that comes after Rudy imo especially if. Of course I am assuming health. Anyway, its just a game I like Rudy

mrblisterdundee
05-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Two really solid picks. Any fear that Gobert would clog the lanes some on Bron and take away the drive? Knowing he isn't much of a threat can really be trouble.

But he dramatically improves Cleveland's defense. Everyone else gets to stray farther from the rim, knowing Gobert is there to destroy drives. You could replace Gobert with Jokic for offense, but I'm not sure the Cavaliers would be better.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:18 PM
they are a little short on scoring but looking at the starting line up you gave me- Love goes back up to 24 or 25 a game and everyone else is reasonable. As for why I took Rudy? I took him b/c he is interesting and good fit. I wouldn't select some of the guys you are suggesting b/c I don't think the Cavs would be as good with them. For instance Westbrook is more ball dominate then LeBron and not as good a play maker. Your supporting caste is not enhanced, plus he addresses none of your defensive issues. I would rather have my play making distributed amongst the guys that are getting shut out by playing with a ball dominate teammate and become much much better on defensive as a team with Rudy then add Westy. He is not the only you mention that comes after Rudy imo especially if. Of course I am assuming health. Anyway, its just a game I like Rudy
Everyone else isn't reasonable tho and I highly doubt you couldget loveto that output without sacrificing their games cuz he definitely doesn't make an offense hum quite like lebron. You're better off arguing Gobert makes a really bad offense into a top 3 defense, then maybe you can get to 40 wins or so. Then you have the overlap with he and tt. Gobert has a great impact withoutthe ballso i understand the switch, it's likely thebest you could conjure without getting a mvp

warfelg
05-14-2018, 10:25 PM
But he dramatically improves Cleveland's defense. Everyone else gets to stray farther from the rim, knowing Gobert is there to destroy drives. You could replace Gobert with Jokic for offense, but I'm not sure the Cavaliers would be better.

Then why not a two way big?

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:39 PM
He is a 2 way big

ewing
05-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Everyone else isn't reasonable tho and I highly doubt you couldget loveto that output without sacrificing their games cuz he definitely doesn't make an offense hum quite like lebron. You're better off arguing Gobert makes a really bad offense into a top 3 defense, then maybe you can get to 40 wins or so. Then you have the overlap with he and tt. Gobert has a great impact withoutthe ballso i understand the switch, it's likely thebest you could conjure without getting a mvp

Definitely think Rudy makes them better then PG13, Cousins, or Towns as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
05-15-2018, 01:15 AM

Feel free to name a non-all-star who has a bigger impact on a team than Gobert, the likely DPOY. You'll notice I took an all-time shooter and good perimeter defender with my first pick.