PDA

View Full Version : Construct Team Around Steph Curry or Lebron James: Who's team wins in a 7 game series

COOLbeans
05-12-2018, 04:04 PM
For giggles-

Rules: Must only pick ONE current Allstar, and can pick one former allstar. And the other 2 guys must be non-allstars.

Can pick one bench player/6th man (must actually be a bench player)

The current allstar CANNOT be James Harden or Kevin Durant

And you CANNOT use the same players on the two respective rosters

After you make your team, who do you think wins in a 7 game series?

COOLbeans
05-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Team Steph

Steph Curry
Devin Booker
Kawhi Leonard
Harrison Barnes
Anthony Davis

6th man/ Lou Williams

Team Lebron

Chris Paul
CJ McCollum
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Clint Capella

6th man/Eric Gordon

Advantage Team Curry.
Note had to edit a couple of guys due to rules restrictions

YAALREADYKNO
05-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Pg- Jamal Murray
Sg-Devin Booker
Sf-Lebron James
Pf-Anthony Davis
C-Rudy Gobert
6th man-Eric Gordon

Pg-Ben Simmons
Sg-Steph Curry
Sg-Kawhi Leonard
Pf-Paul Millsap
C-Nikola Jokic
6th man- Lou Williams

COOLbeans
05-12-2018, 04:33 PM
^^^^^ Advantage Curry. That team is sick. Though defensively, I'm not sure if they can stop anybody. Is Millsap a good defender?

YAALREADYKNO
05-12-2018, 04:36 PM
^^^^^ Advantage Curry. That team is sick. Though defensively, I'm not sure if they can stop anybody. Is Millsap a good defender?

Hes made a Defensive Team once lol

Bostonjorge
05-12-2018, 05:05 PM
C. Lopez
PF. James
SF. Leonard
SG. George
PG. Ball
6th. Kuzma

Jeffy25
05-12-2018, 05:14 PM

I still think that LeBron team is better.

Every Bron team is going to be better, even with great floor spacers with Curry, and a legit big. Bron is too much to handle.

TrueFan420
05-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Team Steph

Steph Curry
Devin Booker
Kawhi Leonard
Harrison Barnes
Deandre Jordan

6th man/ Lou Williams

Team Lebron

Chris Paul
CJ McCollum
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

6th man/Eric Gordon

Advantage Team Lebron if Howard can outplay Jordan.

Team Bron can't have both CP3 and Howard. Both are former. And you said 1 only.

warfelg
05-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Team Curry:
PG Steph Curry
SG Andre Roberson (Non-Allstar)
SF Kawhi Leonard (Former Allstar)
PF Anthony Davis (Current Allstar)
C Rudi Gobert (Non-Allstar)

6th Man Eric Gordon

Team James:
PG Patrick Beverly (Non-Allstar)
SG Marco Belinelli (Non-Allstar)
SF LeBron James
PF Al Horford (Current Allstar)
C DeMarcus Cousins (Former Allstar)

6th Man Lou Williams

2 extremely even teams that it comes down to which team could mesh better.

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Team Curry:
PG Steph Curry

6th Man Eric Gordon

Team James:
SF LeBron James

6th Man Lou Williams

that's not even remotely even teams.

TrueFan420
05-12-2018, 06:08 PM

Yea team Curry is fire tho. If you improved team Bron it would make a great match up.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Ball
PG/Hart
Lebron
Randle/Kuzma
Lopez

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:08 PM

I hope you mean that Curry team crushes. I think LeBron is better but that Curry team is sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
05-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Team Bron can't have both CP3 and Howard. Both are former. And you said 1 only.

Yes...

Add Ill edit that and put in Capella

TrueFan420
05-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Yes...

Add Ill edit that and put in Capella

Honestly think that would make them better. Capella can switch far better than Howard and doesn't come with the other issues.

ODB13
05-13-2018, 02:14 PM

Every Bron team is going to be better, even with great floor spacers with Curry, and a legit big. Bron is too much to handle.

"Bron" is what his family and friends call him.

Heediot
05-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Team Curry:
PG Steph Curry

6th Man Eric Gordon

Team James:
SF LeBron James

6th Man Lou Williams

replace belli with cj mccollum. mccollum can play the kyrie role as the bail out guy.

warfelg
05-13-2018, 03:42 PM
replace belli with cj mccollum. mccollum can play the kyrie role as the bail out guy.

I honestly really considered it. I almost went JJ too. I basically favored a SG that can go unconscious from three.

I guess to explain my thought process of developing that is I started with Curry as the backcourt player. What would be best for him, well that would be a lock down defender. I can sacrifice offense with that. So I went to an elite SG defensive player and ARob was the first one to mind. With Brons backcourt I didnt need a dominating ball PG, and Beverly fits that with the added bonus of being a good defender and solid shooter. Since Roberson is terrible offensively, I dont need a good defender at the SG, just someone who can defend. That gave me Beli/Redick.

To stop LeBron at the 3, I needed an elite player. Enter Lawhi.

For team LeBron I wanted his PF/C to be two interchangeable guys. Two guys that can defend and play offense from both spots. Both can be in the pick and roll, both can be in paint, both can shoot. That means with team Curry, I needed some defense at those two spots. Enter AD and The Stifle Tower. The added benefit from Gobert it attempting to make LeBron a jump shooter at the cost of having an offensive big. But Goberts offense is going to come from rebounding those 3s and getting outbacks.

The 6th man was honestly flip a coin but those were the two I was gonna go with.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 04:09 PM
For giggles-

Rules: Must only pick ONE current Allstar, and can pick one former allstar. And the other 2 guys must be non-allstars.

Team Steph

Curry
Booker
Leonard
Marc Gasol
Davis

Curry would require enough attention and get enough pick and rolls that his offensive spacing is insane. Leonard and Davis can lock up on defense, and this would be a lethal team. But it's totally loaded.

Middelton
Klay Thompson
LeBron
Tatum
Gobert

LeBron with floor spacers and a lockdown in the paint

Curry's team is better, but I could probably swap the teams equally, and then Bron's team is better. Either way, one of my two teams is better than the other, regardless of the main player.

JordansBulls
05-13-2018, 09:10 PM

Not really, he has been down in a series every year of his career at least 3-2. This has not been the case of any other top 10 player all time. That is not too much to handle and he also had peak Tim Duncan and led America to bronze medal. He is good for sure, but let's overrate him anymore.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 10:34 PM
If Curry is healthy, the answer is Curry. He's the dominant force that will allow other dominant forces beside him. He is the one that you can create the best team of all time around. You can't do that around LeBron. That is the truth.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Not really, he has been down in a series every year of his career at least 3-2. This has not been the case of any other top 10 player all time. That is not too much to handle and he also had peak Tim Duncan and led America to bronze medal. He is good for sure, but let's overrate him anymore.

Probably because the playoffs are team successes, and not individual success.

The rest of this is non-sense, and has been repeatedly pointed out to you. Like the bronze medal, gtfo here with that. You know he barely played and that was because AI chucked them out.

mrblisterdundee
05-13-2018, 10:56 PM
This process seems a bit subjective. To give it a little structure, I mock-drafted as Curry and LeBron who I thought would fit well following the rules. Curry won my coin toss:

Team Curry
PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Donovan Mitchell (7)
SF: Gordon Hayward (3)
PF: Anthony Davis (1)
C: Rudy Gobert (5)

Team LeBron
PG: C.J. McCollum (6)
SG: Klay Thompson (4)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (2)
PF: LeBron James
C: Clint Capela (8)

JordansBulls
05-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Probably because the playoffs are team successes, and not individual success.

The rest of this is non-sense, and has been repeatedly pointed out to you. Like the bronze medal, gtfo here with that. You know he barely played and that was because AI chucked them out.
Can't embarrass the U.S.A in the Olympics in Basketball and not get called out for it. Also got bronze medal in FIBA as well. Still doesn't change him being down 3-2 every year of his career in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA including 3 years in a row with HCA.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Can't embarrass the U.S.A in the Olympics in Basketball and not get called out for it. Also got bronze medal in FIBA as well. Still doesn't change him being down 3-2 every year of his career in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA including 3 years in a row with HCA.

What on earth does being down 3-2 matter if you pull out the win?

You reach more than anyone I've ever seen to dismiss LeBron

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 11:17 PM
This process seems a bit subjective. To give it a little structure, I mock-drafted as Curry and LeBron who I thought would fit well following the rules. Curry won my coin toss:

Team Curry
SG: Donovan Mitchell (7)
SF: Gordon Hayward (3)
PF: Anthony Davis (1)
C: Rudy Gobert (5)

Team LeBron
PG: C.J. McCollum (6)
SG: Klay Thompson (4)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (2)
C: Clint Capela (8)

That's a much better idea!

JordansBulls
05-13-2018, 11:25 PM
What on earth does being down 3-2 matter if you pull out the win?

You reach more than anyone I've ever seen to dismiss LeBron

He doesn't that is the point. That just he has been down every year of his career in a series at least 3-2 and 5 years in a row with HCA including losing 3 years in a row with HCA. MJ for example was 24-0 in series with HCA, Kobe only lost twice with it, Russell once with it, Hakeem twice with it.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 11:58 PM
lol

Counting the Finals

Michael Jordan is 119-60 in his playoff career (team total of course) - .665 career winning percentage
LeBron James is 152-77 in his playoff career - .664 career winning percentage (this includes tonights loss), he was a .667% winning percentage prior to tonight's loss.

In the other thread, you compared LeBron getting D Rose this year to Curry getting Durant.

You just scream nonsense, for no reason.

Redrum187
05-14-2018, 03:09 AM
Team LeBron

PG: Mike Conley (non All-Star)
SG: Khris Middleton (non All-Star)
SF: Kawhi Leonard (former All-Star)
C: Anthony Davis (current All-Star)

6th Man: Manu Ginobili

Team Curry

SG: Donovan Mitchell (non All-Star)
SF: Gordon Hayward (former All-Star)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (current All-Star)
C: Rudy Gobert (non All-Star)

6th man: Lou Williams

Team LeBron destroys team Curry in 4 games.

Oakmont_4
05-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Team Curry

PG Stephen Curry
SG Marcus Smart (Non All Star)
SF Kawhi Leonard (Former All Star)
PF Anthony Davis (Current All Star)
C Rudy Gobert (Non All Star)

6th Man: Eric Gordon

I put Smart next to Curry solely for the defensive purposes. Teams loaded with D to surround Curry. Leonard and Davis can also help carry the offensive load with Gordon off the bench.

Team LeBron
PG LeBron James
SG JJ Redick (Non All Star)
SF Jayson Tatum (Non All Star)
PF DeMarcus Cousins (former All Star)
C Joel Embiid (Current All Star)

6th Man: Lou Williams

LeBron runs the offense. He has 2 knock down 3 point shooters on the wing. He has a ton of size to match up with Curry's team. Embiid can also shoot from outside which opens up the middle for LBJ to drive.

I'd pick Curry's team to win.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 01:29 PM
This thread seems kind pointless to me. What's its purpose?

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 01:43 PM
This thread seems kind pointless to me. What's its purpose?

To pass time for bored individuals

WaDe03
05-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Conley
CJ
LeBron
Kawhi
Davis

6man: Lou Will

Curry
Booker
Giannis
Cousins
Capela

6man: Gordon

Winner:LeBron

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 01:54 PM
To pass time for bored individuals

I get that. But the instructions are so broad and flexible, that I could easily create a team with either guy that would crush the other guy's team. It's not "Create a team based on these rules to defeat a specific team." Those threads actually make sense and are challenging and fun. In this scenario, OP is just asking us to create two different teams with specific players and asking which team would win. The obvious answer is: "Whichever team I gave better players to and wanted to win."

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 02:33 PM
I get that. But the instructions are so broad and flexible, that I could easily create a team with either guy that would crush the other guy's team. It's not "Create a team based on these rules to defeat a specific team." Those threads actually make sense and are challenging and fun. In this scenario, OP is just asking us to create two different teams with specific players and asking which team would win. The obvious answer is: "Whichever team I gave better players to and wanted to win."

Lol no doubt

WaDe03
05-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Curry
Dragic
VC
Dante Cunningham
Jordan Mickey

6 man:Babbit

LeBron
Klay
Middleton
Kawhi
Capela

6man: Lou Will

crewfan13
05-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Yea, I think any team that puts kawhi and Davis on the same team basically automatically wins. I like the draft idea since those two guys seems to be the obvious first picks. Curious why the rules state the all stars cant be harden and Durant, but leave davis in the mix. Given his position relative to both curry and Lebron, Id take davis over harden for both and theres a case for Davis over Durant as well, though Id probably go Durant.

Sanjay
06-04-2018, 03:19 AM
For giggles-

Team Curry:
PG - Curry
SG - Brown
SF - Leonard
PF - Porter
C - Jokic
Sixth man - Crawford

Team LeBron:
PG - Dragic
SG - Evans
SF - Simmons
PF - LeBron
C - Davis
Sixth man - Gordon

Curry got to pick his team first because LeBron is better than him, but I think James' team wins.

Giannis94
06-04-2018, 08:30 AM
Guys. Curry I'd currently playing with3 other top 20 and 1 top 30 player. Give lebron this much talent and ****ing sweeps them

BDawk4Prez
06-04-2018, 09:32 AM
Guys. Curry I'd currently playing with3 other top 20 and 1 top 30 player. Give lebron this much talent and ****ing sweeps them

Guys get worse playing with Lebron.

Giannis94
06-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Guys get worse playing with Lebron.

Teams get worse when they sign KD. Stats don't lie.

BDawk4Prez
06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Teams get worse when they sign KD. Stats don't lie.

Stats without context are useless.