PDA

View Full Version : WCF: [1] Houston Rockets vs Golden State Warriors [2] Rockets lead 3-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

kdspurman
05-11-2018, 09:52 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q21hmw.gifVS.http://i68.tinypic.com/282f3ie.jpg

All games in EST

Game 1 in Houston: Monday, May 14, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 2 in Houston: Wednesday, May 16, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 3 in Oakland: Sunday, May 20, 8 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 4 in Oakland: Tuesday, May 22, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 5* in Houston: Thursday, May 24, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 6* in Oakland: Saturday, May 26, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

Game 7* in Houston: Monday, May 28, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/in71q1.gif

C: Javale Mcgee
PF: Draymond Green
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Steph Curry

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2uzff9s.jpg

C: Clint Capela
PF: PJ Tucker
SF: Trevor Ariza
SG: James Harden
PG: Chris Paul

Oracle Arena, Oakland

http://i68.tinypic.com/2im9cv8.jpg

Toyota Center, Houston

http://i63.tinypic.com/9tol03.jpg

Tg11
05-11-2018, 09:59 AM
I say Houston wins this series but just barely...Houston wins it in 7 games but Game 1 and Game 2 are essential for Houston because they are playing at home against GSW. If they can go up 2-0 on Golden State then I can see them winning this series at least in 6. However, I think it goes 7.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Rockets win it in 7 games...it goes all the way to a Game 7 with Houston winning to dethrone Golden State and go to their first Finals since 1995

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 10:24 AM
If Rockets win this series, doesn't matter if it goes to 7... it's a choke by the Warriors.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Rockets win this series I just think it is their time man

Htownballa1622
05-11-2018, 10:35 AM
I've got Warriors in 6.

I would LOVE to be wrong. Make no mistake, if I am wrong, I will be INSUFFERABLE. :cool:

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 10:36 AM
**** this ****... RED NATION BABY. I'm ALL IN on the Rox.

This is what we've been waiting for, boyos! The ultimate showdown! List of injured opponents in last 3 years the Warriors have faced:

2015: Pelicans with no Jrue, Grizzlies with injured Conley, Rockets with no Beverley, Cavs with no Irving + Love
2016: No injuries to opponents as far as I can remember, lose championship that year
2017: Blazers with no Nurkic, Jazz with no Favors and Hill I believe, Spurs with no Kawhi
2018: Spurs with no Kawhi, Pelicans with no Cousins

ROX IN SEVEN LETS GET THAT UPSET!

This post is gonna get the panties of GS fans all bunched up, but I don't care.

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-06.jpg

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/63286348.jpg

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-04.jpg

Htownballa1622
05-11-2018, 10:36 AM
If Rockets win this series, doesn't matter if it goes to 7... it's a choke by the Warriors.

Don't tell Warriors fans that. There's a movement on twitter that they're the underdogs. LMAO

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Houston are the underdogs

Scoots
05-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Game 1 will mean a lot ... at the moment I'm saying Warriors in 5.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:42 AM
However, Games 1 and 2 are in Houston and Houston playing at home...they are a great home team best record in the NBA for a reason and if CP3 plays the way he did in the Jazz series I can see them beating the Warriors. Harden is almost hard to stop. Not to mention Houston is known for the 3 as they shoot a lot of 3's every game.

mngopher35
05-11-2018, 11:00 AM
If we get 6 games and 5 are close rockets did pretty good. I will guess warriors in 5, don't expect it to be quite as good as some of the hype (although they will be closer than anyone else still IMO).

Rivera
05-11-2018, 11:19 AM
the real NBA Finals. I am a believer in this Houston team. This Houston team is different from past Rockets team. They D up, they can be physcial, and its not all Harden anymore, CP3 takes a big chunk off Harden.

as dominant as the Rockets are with ISO ball, this is the series that ISO ball will hurt them in the end IMO, GSW has to many good defenders to stiffle the ISO ball unless Harden and CP3 produce at near legendary levels

I respect the Rockets, but its one of those things like in the Boston series (cant pick against Lebron until someone proves them wrong) I cant pick against the Warriors until someone proves them wrong.

Warriors in 7

FlashBolt
05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Warriors in 6. Harden has played very poor in some games that would absolutely cost them the game vs Warriors. Harden has been shooting 30% from three the entire Utah series. He needs to step it up if Rockets are to make it competitive. IMO, Harden+CP3 need to outplay Curry+Klay if they are to win.

tredigs
05-11-2018, 12:33 PM
This will possibly be the highest level of basketball ever seen in a playoff series. The original versus the team specifically constructed to try to take them down.

Enjoy the show.

nastynice
05-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Finally! Here we go :nod:

I know deep down every warriors hater has a feeling this Rox got a good shot at taking us. Itís hard to explain why, but that just somehow makes everything even better :nod:

COOLbeans
05-11-2018, 01:20 PM
:clap:
Finally! Here we go :nod:

I know deep down every warriors hater has a feeling this Rox got a good shot at taking us. Itís hard to explain why, but that just somehow makes everything even better :nod:

So many Rocket lovers this year and man, do people hate the Warriors :) :) :)

goingfor28
05-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Rockets in 7

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
05-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Rockets going off as slight favorites in G1 (favored 1.5). First game GS has been an underdog in the playoffs.

brandt
05-11-2018, 05:25 PM
No its not. Rockets beat them 2 to 1 in the regular season, with a healthy Warriors team. Just because they are defending champions, doesn't mean Itís a choke. Especially against a team who had the best record in the nba.

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 05:32 PM
No its not. Rockets beat them 2 to 1 in the regular season, with a healthy Warriors team. Just because they are defending champions, doesn't mean Itís a choke. Especially against a team who had the best record in the nba.

Regular season record doesn't mean much. Raps/Cavs series should tell you that.

Warriors are the more talented team.

Heediot
05-11-2018, 06:00 PM
**** this ****... RED NATION BABY. I'm ALL IN on the Rox.

This is what we've been waiting for, boyos! The ultimate showdown! List of injured opponents in last 3 years the Warriors have faced:

2015: Pelicans with no Jrue, Grizzlies with injured Conley, Rockets with no Beverley, Cavs with no Irving + Love
2016: No injuries to opponents as far as I can remember, lose championship that year
2017: Blazers with no Nurkic, Jazz with no Favors and Hill I believe, Spurs with no Kawhi
2018: Spurs with no Kawhi, Pelicans with no Cousins

ROX IN SEVEN LETS GET THAT UPSET!

This post is gonna get the panties of GS fans all bunched up, but I don't care.

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-06.jpg

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/63286348.jpg

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-04.jpg

what he said!

rhino17
05-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Rockets in 6

nastynice
05-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Rockets going off as slight favorites in G1 (favored 1.5). First game GS has been an underdog in the playoffs.

lmaoooooooooooo!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cmon hate crew, hit up the Vegas gaming commission and tell them all the stuff you been telling us whenever mentioning any facet of the game being in the Rox favor

This is just gold!

LM ****in AO

JordansBulls
05-11-2018, 06:54 PM
This series could be like LAL vs SAS in 2001 or LAL vs Kings in 2002.

numba1CHANGsta
05-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Warriors in 3

brandt
05-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Regular season record doesn't mean much. Raps/Cavs series should tell you that.

Warriors are the more talented team.
True, but in this case it does. Best record in the NBA, and any team that can beat the Warriors 2 games to 1 means something, with one of those wins being in GS. Cavs won the regular season series against the Raptors 2 games to 1 by the way, and then swept them in the playoffs so not much difference there.

Warriors May be the more talented team on paper, but that doesnít mean that the Rockets canít beat them. Rockets have more depth and the they also have home court advantage.

tredigs
05-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Edit: I'll save it.

tredigs
05-12-2018, 12:02 AM

Dade County
05-12-2018, 12:10 AM
GS should win in 5.

Things that I will be looking for is if Harden will just shut it down again mysteriously, when things get tough. And focusing on Cp3 will to fight.

Since I believe GS is the superior team, I will be focusing on the game within the game.

Tg11
05-12-2018, 07:56 AM
I say Houston can win this series provided if Harden steps up and he just goes off playing out of his mind game after game. Also a lot of this series depends on CP3 as well and if he comes through in the clutch then I can see them dethroning Golden State in the West particularly in this series. If these 2 step up then I guarantee they beat Golden State in 6 or 7 games if that.

Not to mention Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3 point range. If they do that and make their shots from that stripe there is no way GSW can beat them. Also if Houston get physical with their guys in the paint then Golden State I think will be rattled or get rattled fast.

tredigs
05-12-2018, 09:00 AM
I say Houston can win this series provided if Harden steps up and he just goes off playing out of his mind game after game. Also a lot of this series depends on CP3 as well and if he comes through in the clutch then I can see them dethroning Golden State in the West particularly in this series. If these 2 step up then I guarantee they beat Golden State in 6 or 7 games if that.

Not to mention Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3 point range. If they do that and make their shots from that stripe there is no way GSW can beat them. Also if Houston get physical with their guys in the paint then Golden State I think will be rattled or get rattled fast.

Did you just say "Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3".

I think you're feeling your loins a bit here, because these are not thoughts grounded in reality.

Driven
05-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Great previews and analysis by Zach Lowe:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23476103/zach-lowe-houston-rockets-vs-golden-state-warriors-nba-playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
05-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Great previews and analysis by Zach Lowe:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23476103/zach-lowe-houston-rockets-vs-golden-state-warriors-nba-playoffs

That's one of the better written espn articles I've read in awhile. Thanks for sharing.

mightybosstone
05-12-2018, 11:09 AM
GS should win in 5.

Things that I will be looking for is if Harden will just shut it down again mysteriously, when things get tough. And focusing on Cp3 will to fight.

Since I believe GS is the superior team, I will be focusing on the game within the game.

Aren't you the guy who argued for a week that the earth was flat? You should probably be "focusing" on an astronomy textbook. #YourArgumentIsInvalid

Chronz
05-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Aren't you the guy who argued for a week that the earth was flat? You should probably be "focusing" on an astronomy textbook. #YourArgumentIsInvalid
I know of flat earthers who are astronomers and physicist alike, I know of a pilot who has to keep his belief to himself or he gets grounded. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not just the slack jawed yokels , there are idiots everywhere.

mightybosstone
05-12-2018, 12:08 PM
So here's a few points that I think will ultimately decide this series:

Interior D: Against Utah, Gobert's presence was a huge pain in the *** for Harden. When Gobert was off the floor, Harden could attack at will, and there was no one there to really contest shots. On the flip side, Capela has been the best shot blocker in the playoffs and will definitely be a problem for the Warriors when they try to attack the basket. Who is going to be that guy for Golden State? I'm not sure they have one, and it could give Harden, Paul, Gordon and Capela a lot of good looks around the rim. Advantage: Rockets

Transition D: Lowe's article highlighted this perfectly, but the Rockets just flat out suck at transition defense at times. They cannot stand around and watch missed baskets clank off the rim. They need to fight for the rebound, and everybody away from the ball needs to book it back on defense. If they don't the Warriors will destroy them. The Rockets can do this well on their end, but the Warriors are fare better equipped to handle that scenario defensively. Advantage: Warriors

Pace: Building on that last point, I think Golden State will want to play at a faster pace. They want to be constantly moving and pushing the ball up to get those famous Curry transition 3-pointers. The Rockets CAN play fast, but against Golden State, it behooves them to slow it down a bit. Force the Warriors to beat you in a half-court offensive game, where I think the Rockets have a real edge. Advantage: Warriors in a fast game; Rockets in a slow game.

Turnovers: In slowing down the pace and maximizing their possessions with this supercharged isolation offense this season, the Rockets have really limited their turnovers. In the playoffs, they're averaging an insane -4.6 turnover differential. The Warriors have cut down on their turnovers a bit, but the sheer amount of passing they do and their ball movement naturally is going to lead to more sloppy play. If the Rockets are turning the ball over 4-5 times less per game and getting 4-5 more shot attempts than the Warriors as a result, that's a pretty nice advantage over the course of a series. Advantage: Rockets

Offensive versatility: However, with a slower pace and more dependency on isolation comes less versatility. If Harden and Paul are having off nights and their shooters aren't hitting the open looks that Harden and Paul create for them, then they're going to go into some serious slumps. But the Warriors just have so many ways to beat you offensively. They can survive a bad night from Curry or Durant, and they can quit throwing screens and passes at you and just slow it down with Curry isolation or Durant in the post. Advantage: Warriors

Shooting: This one is too hard to give an edge to, because they're both elite shooting teams in very different ways. Golden State has the elite sharpshooters that force you defend 30 feet from the basket and know where they are at all times. Houston kills you with volume and stacking the floor with as many three-point weapons as possible. Unsurprisingly, the Rockets lead the league in 3-point attempts in the playoffs at nearly 40 a game. But surprisingly, they're shooting a higher percentage (35.3) than the Warriors (32.9). The first trend will continue, but I can't imagine the second one will. Advantage: Rockets in volume; Warriors in efficiency

The final four minutes: This is the point I keep coming back to as being the most important. There will be an ebb and flow to these games, but ultimately I think the games will be too intense and there will be too much back and forth for any one team to consistently get a huge edge on the scoreboard every night. And if the games are close, who wins in the final minutes? I said this in the other thread, but the Rockets have developed a knack for winning tight games in the final minutes because they do a good job maximizing their team's production while limiting their movement on the floor. Their players move the least on the floor of any team in the league, compared to a Warriors team that is constantly running screens on offense and moving the ball around. The Rockets' legs could be more rested for those final minutes. But there's something to be said for experience and having a sense of familiarity in those key moments, and the Warriors have that in spades. Advantage: Rockets in rest; Warriors in experience

X-Factors: For Houston, it's got to be Eric Gordon. When he's on fire, they're unstoppable. In the three games when scored at least 18 points in the playoffs, Houston won all three games by a minimum of 18 points. In the games where he's been a nonfactor or clanked just way too many shots, the Rockets have had to fight a lot more. He brings Steph Curry-esque factor of unguardability 30-feet from the basket.

For Golden State, I've got to think it's Draymond Green. His "jack of all trades" skillset means he'll have to do a little bit of everything for the Warriors. When he gets switched on Harden or Paul away from the basket, how he defends them will be incredibly important, especially with him so far from the rim. He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops? Then offensively, he'll probably be doing a lot of the ball handling, and the Rockets will be playing those passing lanes, so he has to limit his mistakes. Plus, the Warriors are much more dangerous if he's hitting 3-pointers and has to be guarded away from the basket. So, how Green handles all of these different roles he's going to have to play will be a huge key to the series.

Prediction: This Rockets team was built with the sole purpose of finding a way to beat the Warriors. Last year's team was gimmick; it was "shoot a zillion threes and hope you can make enough to beat anybody." This year, they're taking more threes, but this team is no gimmick. They get 48 minutes of elite point guard play, they maximize their possessions while minimizing their mistakes and (perhaps most importantly) they can switch everything on defense thanks to their squad of interchangeable perimeter defenders and defend at an extremely high level.

The Warriors have top end talent, they have the experience and they have a system that's proven to be elite. But sometimes series come down to matchups and will to win, and I think Houston has done enough with this roster to slow down that historic offense and is hungry enough to will themselves to win those close games in the fourth quarter, just like they did twice against the Warriors in the regular season.

Rockets in 7

europagnpilgrim
05-12-2018, 12:26 PM
For the sake of viewers as myself lets have a Warriors / Celts

or Rockets / Celts or Rockets / Cavs

but for the love of hoops lets not have a 4peat, especially seeing how Cavs got gentleman swept and now don't have a legit 3rd wheel who can do what Love did from that position, Korver can try but he wouldn't be enough

Cavs would probably get swept this time around, they could push Houston more to a possible max 7 games, though I doubt it but it would still be better to watch than a 4peat

Tg11
05-12-2018, 12:35 PM
For me my ideal Finals is Rockets/Celtics but honestly if it ends up Cavs/Rockets then I am happy either way...as long as the Warriors aren't there I could care less

Saddletramp
05-12-2018, 01:37 PM
He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops?

Nut kicks. I hope Capella is ready.

Seriously though, great stuff MBT.

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 02:10 PM

Interior D: Against Utah, Gobert's presence was a huge pain in the *** for Harden. When Gobert was off the floor, Harden could attack at will, and there was no one there to really contest shots. On the flip side, Capela has been the best shot blocker in the playoffs and will definitely be a problem for the Warriors when they try to attack the basket. Who is going to be that guy for Golden State? I'm not sure they have one, and it could give Harden, Paul, Gordon and Capela a lot of good looks around the rim. Advantage: Rockets

Transition D: Lowe's article highlighted this perfectly, but the Rockets just flat out suck at transition defense at times. They cannot stand around and watch missed baskets clank off the rim. They need to fight for the rebound, and everybody away from the ball needs to book it back on defense. If they don't the Warriors will destroy them. The Rockets can do this well on their end, but the Warriors are fare better equipped to handle that scenario defensively. Advantage: Warriors

Pace: Building on that last point, I think Golden State will want to play at a faster pace. They want to be constantly moving and pushing the ball up to get those famous Curry transition 3-pointers. The Rockets CAN play fast, but against Golden State, it behooves them to slow it down a bit. Force the Warriors to beat you in a half-court offensive game, where I think the Rockets have a real edge. Advantage: Warriors in a fast game; Rockets in a slow game.

Turnovers: In slowing down the pace and maximizing their possessions with this supercharged isolation offense this season, the Rockets have really limited their turnovers. In the playoffs, they're averaging an insane -4.6 turnover differential. The Warriors have cut down on their turnovers a bit, but the sheer amount of passing they do and their ball movement naturally is going to lead to more sloppy play. If the Rockets are turning the ball over 4-5 times less per game and getting 4-5 more shot attempts than the Warriors as a result, that's a pretty nice advantage over the course of a series. Advantage: Rockets

Offensive versatility: However, with a slower pace and more dependency on isolation comes less versatility. If Harden and Paul are having off nights and their shooters aren't hitting the open looks that Harden and Paul create for them, then they're going to go into some serious slumps. But the Warriors just have so many ways to beat you offensively. They can survive a bad night from Curry or Durant, and they can quit throwing screens and passes at you and just slow it down with Curry isolation or Durant in the post. Advantage: Warriors

Shooting: This one is too hard to give an edge to, because they're both elite shooting teams in very different ways. Golden State has the elite sharpshooters that force you defend 30 feet from the basket and know where they are at all times. Houston kills you with volume and stacking the floor with as many three-point weapons as possible. Unsurprisingly, the Rockets lead the league in 3-point attempts in the playoffs at nearly 40 a game. But surprisingly, they're shooting a higher percentage (35.3) than the Warriors (32.9). The first trend will continue, but I can't imagine the second one will. Advantage: Rockets in volume; Warriors in efficiency

The final four minutes: This is the point I keep coming back to as being the most important. There will be an ebb and flow to these games, but ultimately I think the games will be too intense and there will be too much back and forth for any one team to consistently get a huge edge on the scoreboard every night. And if the games are close, who wins in the final minutes? I said this in the other thread, but the Rockets have developed a knack for winning tight games in the final minutes because they do a good job maximizing their team's production while limiting their movement on the floor. Their players move the least on the floor of any team in the league, compared to a Warriors team that is constantly running screens on offense and moving the ball around. The Rockets' legs could be more rested for those final minutes. But there's something to be said for experience and having a sense of familiarity in those key moments, and the Warriors have that in spades. Advantage: Rockets in rest; Warriors in experience

X-Factors: For Houston, it's got to be Eric Gordon. When he's on fire, they're unstoppable. In the three games when scored at least 18 points in the playoffs, Houston won all three games by a minimum of 18 points. In the games where he's been a nonfactor or clanked just way too many shots, the Rockets have had to fight a lot more. He brings Steph Curry-esque factor of unguardability 30-feet from the basket.

For Golden State, I've got to think it's Draymond Green. His "jack of all trades" skillset means he'll have to do a little bit of everything for the Warriors. When he gets switched on Harden or Paul away from the basket, how he defends them will be incredibly important, especially with him so far from the rim. He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops? Then offensively, he'll probably be doing a lot of the ball handling, and the Rockets will be playing those passing lanes, so he has to limit his mistakes. Plus, the Warriors are much more dangerous if he's hitting 3-pointers and has to be guarded away from the basket. So, how Green handles all of these different roles he's going to have to play will be a huge key to the series.

Prediction: This Rockets team was built with the sole purpose of finding a way to beat the Warriors. Last year's team was gimmick; it was "shoot a zillion threes and hope you can make enough to beat anybody." This year, they're taking more threes, but this team is no gimmick. They get 48 minutes of elite point guard play, they maximize their possessions while minimizing their mistakes and (perhaps most importantly) they can switch everything on defense thanks to their squad of interchangeable perimeter defenders and defend at an extremely high level.

The Warriors have top end talent, they have the experience and they have a system that's proven to be elite. But sometimes series come down to matchups and will to win, and I think Houston has done enough with this roster to slow down that historic offense and is hungry enough to will themselves to win those close games in the fourth quarter, just like they did twice against the Warriors in the regular season.

Rockets in 7

All of this is moot if James Harden does not show up and play at an MVP level. If he plays the way he did vs Utah, Warriors will beat them. Harden+CP3 need to play at an elite level because Curry+KD+Klay+Draymond are not going to disappoint 4/7 games.

ewing
05-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Definitely moot

Dade County
05-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Once again, not that the earth is flat (I don't know the true shape of the total land mass)... But the space we occupy in this land mass, isn't a globe shape. Basically it's bigger then you think or led to believe.

Also are you upset that I believe that GS is superior to a team you like? Because your comment doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.

Did I hurt your feelings?

For the sake of viewers as myself lets have a Warriors / Celts

or Rockets / Celts or Rockets / Cavs

but for the love of hoops lets not have a 4peat, especially seeing how Cavs got gentleman swept and now don't have a legit 3rd wheel who can do what Love did from that position, Korver can try but he wouldn't be enough

Cavs would probably get swept this time around, they could push Houston more to a possible max 7 games, though I doubt it but it would still be better to watch than a 4peat

The best out come would be GS vs Lbj. What KD did, was just too much for anyone to overcome; by joint GS.

So Lbj shouldn't be punish for it, by letting a lesser quality team advance to the Finals. Lbj needs to make it to the Finals, and will get another L added to his overall Final record.

This will force him to run to another team again, and create an even more crazy team then GS. So it all works out at the end. Hopefully this leads to a lock out and a forced hard cap (150mil Hard Cap & no max contract limit).

lakerfan85
05-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Rockets shock the world in 7...

Scoots
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Once again, not that the earth is flat (I don't know the true shape of the total land mass)... But the space we occupy in this land mass, isn't a globe shape. Basically it's bigger then you think or led to believe.

More info please. Maybe we agree. I believe that people think the world is far more crowded than it actually is, but that's very hard to measure.

brandt
05-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Rockets shock the world in 7...

Not sure if that would shock the world, but winning it all sure would.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 01:40 AM
The Rockets are 1.5 point favorites in game 1.

Bostonjorge
05-13-2018, 04:48 PM

Rockets in 7

Great breakdown. Especially the X factors.

Gordon has been a Super Sub for the Rockets. Itís just Green is the ultimate X factor. Green gives GS that advantage over every team.

KobeOwnSU
05-13-2018, 06:47 PM
Warriors in 5.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 12:45 AM
Warriors.

The Rockets just can't answer for three scorers like Thompson, Curry, and Durant.

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Game Day!!!!!!

likemystylez
05-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Im really worried that the warriors effort wont be there and rockets will take advantage

Rivera
05-14-2018, 10:44 AM
i want to pick the Rockets, but I just dont have the balls to do so. Warriors in 6

likemystylez
05-14-2018, 10:50 AM
i want to pick the Rockets, but I just dont have the balls to do so. Warriors in 6

Look at it this way- Rockets have a far better chance to beat the warriors going into this series than the cavs did going into the 2017 NBA finals. As a warrior fan of 25 years, I can tell you- warriors can not be relied on for consistency on either side of the ball. If the warriors are playing well- it doesnt matter what the rockets do- theyre losing and probably in 5 games or less. Lucky for the rockets- the warriors frequently come out and lose games they should win. it happened a couple dozen times this year alone. happened 3 straight times in the 2016 NBA finals where they were favored in games 5,6, and 7

Htownballa1622
05-14-2018, 10:58 AM

Htownballa1622
05-14-2018, 10:59 AM
996024563766059008 trash

both teams lose :puke:

BKLYNpigeon
05-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Warriors will win one of the first 2 games in Houston.

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Game 1 is huge. Each team is capable of beating the other on their court. But I don't think either team will be able to sweep or win 3 in a row. Warriors need 1 on the road and game 1 is it.

If we win game 2 mark my words, we will lose game 3 or 4 on our court.

Scoots
05-14-2018, 11:23 AM
It will be interesting to see who gets chippy first.

rhino17
05-14-2018, 11:25 AM
996024563766059008 trash

both teams lose :puke:

this is garbage. How do these guys even get games this deep in the playoffs?

CP has big beef with Scott Foster

brandt
05-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Do you people who are saying Warriors in 4 or 5 games and the Rockets donít have the talent to match up to the Warriors, not realize that the Rockets took the series 2 to 1 against a healthy Warriors team? I understand that the playoffs are different, but come on!!! Rockets in 6.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Do you people who are saying Warriors in 4 or 5 games and the Rockets donít have the talent to match up to the Warriors, not realize that the Rockets took the series 2 to 1 against a healthy Warriors team? I understand that the playoffs are different, but come on!!! Rockets in 6.

RS just normally doesn't mean that much, especially when you have a team like the Warriors not necessarily in all out win mode. Should we assume the team is worse today and last year than 2 years ago pre Durant because of RS record? Nope, just like most aren't going to be overly swayed by 3 games within that sample.

In a general sense for majority of fans the talent is 1/2/5/6 for rankings of GS players in the series when considering the all stars to 3/4 for Houston. They have the best two and 4 of the best 6. That is likely a large reason why people say Rockets don't have the talent to match up, it is strictly looking at a player by player type comparison. GS is simply far more talented than any other team, maybe the most talented all time. They also have great spacing/system in place to utilize those talents (which fit together very well too, no major weakness there to exploit like overlapping/lack of spacing etc.).

Basically we realize RS happened but also realize that this Warriors team isn't built to go all out or even have to care about the RS, they won 73 games without Durant lol. The talent difference you mention is key and adding in a lack of weaknesses/overlapping skills between those players and talents means it will be extremely tough to beat this team without similar talent which no one really comes close to in the nba atm. I think the rockets are a great team and without KD and the huge gap they have a nice shot at a title this year but we are in a league where a 73 win team added an MVP while already being favorites for the future without him.

I expect Rockets to take one of the first two home games and then probably have another chance late, maybe two, to steal another game. If Warriors are fully engaged/top effort and this goes 6-7 it was still an impressive year for Houston even if it will seem disappointing to many fans. It's not necessarily a knock on the Rockets to think that way

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 01:00 PM
The Rockets are 1.5 point favorites in game 1.

Whats up with this? Have you guys started other series slow or something, I plan to look up some things today. Rockets usually dominate game 1's (pretty sure no). My plan was hope Rockets split and then bet GS game 3 type thing, I usually only follow the flow of a series when betting individual games tbh or do a live bet.

I bet for the year and on most series but am thinking going game by game here possibly. Houston is scary enough where I am a little hesitant though without having any more info

SfgiantsJD3
05-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Whats up with this? Have you guys started other series slow or something, I plan to look up some things today. Rockets usually dominate game 1's? My plan was hope Rockets split and then bet GS game 3 type thing, I usually only follow the flow of a series when betting individual games tbh or do a live bet.

I bet for the year and on most series but am thinking going game by game here possibly. Houston is scary enough where I am a little hesitant though without having any more info

I would expect the line to increase the Warriors are 7-6 in the last 4 years of playoffs when Foster is the ref. Plus Houston has HC advantage and they switch really well on Curry.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Iím not saying Iíd complain about a win, but today I want a mutha****in BEATDOWN! :nod:

Gotta set that tone..

brandt
05-14-2018, 01:22 PM
RS just normally doesn't mean that much, especially when you have a team like the Warriors not necessarily in all out win mode. Should we assume the team is worse today and last year than 2 years ago pre Durant because of RS record? Nope, just like most aren't going to be overly swayed by 3 games within that sample.

In a general sense for majority of fans the talent is 1/2/5/6 for rankings of GS players in the series when considering the all stars to 3/4 for Houston. They have the best two and 4 of the best 6. That is likely a large reason why people say Rockets don't have the talent to match up, it is strictly looking at a player by player type comparison. GS is simply far more talented than any other team, maybe the most talented all time. They also have great spacing/system in place to utilize those talents (which fit together very well too, no major weakness there to exploit like overlapping/lack of spacing etc.).

Basically we realize RS happened but also realize that this Warriors team isn't built to go all out or even have to care about the RS, they won 73 games without Durant lol. The talent difference you mention is key and adding in a lack of weaknesses/overlapping skills between those players and talents means it will be extremely tough to beat this team without similar talent which no one really comes close to in the nba atm. I think the rockets are a great team and without KD and the huge gap they have a nice shot at a title this year but we are in a league where a 73 win team added an MVP while already being favorites for the future without him.

I expect Rockets to take one of the first two home games and then probably have another chance late, maybe two, to steal another game. If Warriors are fully engaged/top effort and this goes 6-7 it was still an impressive year for Houston even if it will seem disappointing to many fans. It's not necessarily a knock on the Rockets to think that way

I gottcha, but didnít the two championships that the Warriors won happen after they had the best record in the nba? I know at least one of them did. So I just dont buy it, that the regular season doesnt mean that much. The warriors talent may he a lttle better on paper, but in my opinion itís not that much better and the Rockets bench is better. The funny thing is, the Rockets canít win because ďThe Warriors are so much betterĒ that even if they do lose itís because they didnít play well, right?

Vee-Rex
05-14-2018, 01:23 PM
This will be the first series GS hasn't played a game 1 @ home in 4 years.

Houston has a chance to do big things, here.

brandt
05-14-2018, 01:33 PM

👍

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 01:37 PM
I gottcha, but didnít the two championships that the Warriors won happen after they had the best record in the nba? I know at least one of them did. So I just dont buy it, that the regular season doesnt mean that much. The warriors talent may he a lttle better on paper, but in my opinion itís not that much better and the Rockets bench is better. The funny thing is, the Rockets canít win because ďThe Warriors are so much betterĒ that even if they do lose itís because they didnít play well, right?

I mean that's basically the point and what counters your initial post. You talked about the RS as if it mattered yet the one time GS actually set the RS win record they lost the title (only time in last 3 seasons, won year before and after). It just doesn't matter that much and GS definitely still improved with KD despite a lesser RS record etc. That's why last year despite dropping off in the RS GS almost went undefeated when it mattered in the playoffs, clearly superior team where RS simply isn't important.

In order for the Warriors to lose I would say they definitely would have to play below their potential but it would also take a fantastic series from the Rockets. That's why people are saying it could be a 5 game series easily though, pushing it further would mean something happened to even it out more (Rockets proved themselves as a bit better or Warriors play worse, in order to win its probably gotta be a combo of both unless Rockets just hit everything or something).

Rockets winning this series would be an unbelievably huge win for the organization and likely the legacies of Harden/CP3 (assuming no choke in the finals or anything against easier opponent) so I have no idea what you are getting at anymore tbh.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Yea, get swept.

By not having homecourt advantage we could essentially end this thing in 2 games

Vee-Rex
05-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Yea, get swept.

By not having homecourt advantage we could essentially end this thing in 2 games

You can be beat in Oracle by Houston.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Yea, get swept.

"We?" I was unaware you were a member of the Warriors. What position do you play? Or are you on the coaching staff? I look forward you "you" and the Warriors getting beat tonight. ;)

tredigs
05-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Whats up with this? Have you guys started other series slow or something, I plan to look up some things today. Rockets usually dominate game 1's (pretty sure no). My plan was hope Rockets split and then bet GS game 3 type thing, I usually only follow the flow of a series when betting individual games tbh or do a live bet.

Nah the line makes sense. They're a historically dominant team that's averaging near double digits margins of victory in the the 1st two rounds, and are at home. It's more likely than not that they take G1.

brandt
05-14-2018, 02:11 PM
I mean that's basically the point and what counters your initial post. You talked about the RS as if it mattered yet the one time GS actually set the RS win record they lost the title (only time in last 3 seasons, won year before and after). It just doesn't matter that much and GS definitely still improved with KD despite a lesser RS record etc. That's why last year despite dropping off in the RS GS almost went undefeated when it mattered in the playoffs, clearly superior team where RS simply isn't important.

In order for the Warriors to lose I would say they definitely would have to play below their potential but it would also take a fantastic series from the Rockets. That's why people are saying it could be a 5 game series easily though, pushing it further would mean something happened to even it out more (Rockets proved themselves as a bit better or Warriors play worse, in order to win its probably gotta be a combo of both unless Rockets just hit everything or something).

Rockets winning this series would be an unbelievably huge win for the organization and likely the legacies of Harden/CP3 (assuming no choke in the finals or anything against easier opponent) so I have no idea what you are getting at anymore tbh.

But they also had the best record in the nba when they won the championship, did they not? So you could argue either way. I do agree that the Rockets have to play their best ball ever, but the Warriors better not sleep on them.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 02:12 PM
The Supreme Court just ruled to allow states to decide on their own whether or not to allow sports betting. So get ready to pick up parlay cards with your bagels at Safeway.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 02:19 PM
But they also had the best record in the nba when they won the championship, did they not? So you could argue either way. I do agree that the Rockets have to play their best ball ever, but the Warriors better not sleep on them.

They still dropped off though and got worse in the RS after getting Durant. They were a worse RS team record wise after Durant joined than the year before. If you think that is meaningful and Durant actually made them a worse team due to the RS records, fine that's your take. I am just explaining why most won't share that opinion and tend to think RS isn't that meaningful given the past and what we know and have seen etc.

I hope you are right and we get an epic series

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Nah the line makes sense. They're a historically dominant team that's averaging near double digits margins of victory in the the 1st two rounds, and are at home. It's more likely than not that they take G1.

I am leaning staying away from game 1 but it is really hard with how that line was set lol. I think I might break by game time.

No offense to what they have done but even wolves fans expected the 5 game series and Rubio was out so hard for me to really gauge much going in (this isn't positive or negative btw just haven't seen them really tested in a series yet). Problem is in the west (probably even NBA in general) there are 3 tiers of teams clearly separated: Warriors gap Rockets gap everyone else. Really hard to get a true gauge of where this rockets team is at imo, maybe they are closer than the talent level suggests.

SfgiantsJD3
05-14-2018, 02:36 PM
The Supreme Court just ruled to allow states to decide on their own whether or not to allow sports betting. So get ready to pick up parlay cards with your bagels at Safeway.

and don't forget to drop the state and local vig in the box on the way out the door.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 02:44 PM
I am leaning staying away from game 1 but it is really hard with how that line was set lol. I think I might break by game time.

No offense to what they have done but even wolves fans expected the 5 game series and Rubio was out so hard for me to really gauge much going in (this isn't positive or negative btw just haven't seen them really tested in a series yet). Problem is in the west (probably even NBA in general) there are 3 tiers of teams clearly separated: Warriors gap Rockets gap everyone else. Really hard to get a true gauge of where this rockets team is at imo, maybe they are closer than the talent level suggests.

I think it is very likely that many realize that there is not a tier gap between the Rockets and Warriors, and that the writing has been on the wall all season.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 02:46 PM
and don't forget to drop the state and local vig in the box on the way out the door.

No reason why it should be higher than what is already set in place in Nevada. If anything I think a lower vig will be the result of increased competition.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm more than happy to be wrong and just watch the Warriors rip their hearts out in a 4-5 game mauling, but there is very little evidence to suggest that this big gap is actually there.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm more than happy to be wrong and just watch the Warriors rip their hearts out in a 4-5 game mauling, but there is very little evidence to suggest that this big gap is actually there.

Talent wise maybe not.

But a lot more goes into the outcome than just talent. Iím looking forward to some heart ripping :)

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Talent wise maybe not.

But a lot more goes into the outcome than just talent. Iím looking forward to some heart ripping :)

Me too. I just hope you guys are emotionally capable of handling the disappointment...

nastynice
05-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Me too. I just hope you guys are emotionally capable of handling the disappointment...

While winning in 5 wonít feel as good as a sweep, I certainly wouldnít call it a disappointment.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 03:04 PM
I think it is very likely that many realize that there is not a tier gap between the Rockets and Warriors, and that the writing has been on the wall all season.

I mean we heard people say stuff like this last year even when it came to the Cavs haha.

Odds are still 2/1 for the series and stuff though but ya it would appear Vegas has bought in some to these Rockets. I can at least buy this team as having a chance

SfgiantsJD3
05-14-2018, 03:04 PM
No reason why it should be higher than what is already set in place in Nevada. If anything I think a lower vig will be the result of increased competition.

I mean the STATES piece of the action i.e. tax or fee or service charge for allowing legal betting.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 03:06 PM

How often does a team have what is widely considered the best 2 players and 4 of the best 6 while it not being a pretty large gap? Or are you basing this off like statistical analysis from the season etc? I would agree there may not be a large gap from that stats standpoint but you would have to be pretty oblivious to not see it talent wise

brandt
05-14-2018, 03:08 PM
They still dropped off though and got worse in the RS after getting Durant. They were a worse RS team record wise after Durant joined than the year before. If you think that is meaningful and Durant actually made them a worse team due to the RS records, fine that's your take. I am just explaining why most won't share that opinion and tend to think RS isn't that meaningful given the past and what we know and have seen etc.

I hope you are right and we get an epic series
I hear ya. Hopefully the Rockets can change some peopleís minds on that a little though, if they can win it all. And I know thatís a long shot. As a Rockets fan Iíll even be happy if they can make it go 7, and lose. Of course Iíll be happier it they make it go 7 and win.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 03:12 PM
I hear ya. Hopefully the Rockets can change some peopleís minds on that a little though, if they can win it all. And I know thatís a long shot. As a Rockets fan Iíll even be happy if they can make it go 7, and lose. Of course Iíll be happier it they make it go 7 and win.

I mean I am rooting for you guys and again this has almost nothing to do with the rockets. In normal seasons they would be an awesome team with a great chance at a title but this isn't any year.

You guys getting this team to be considered a legit challenger when in the offseason we heard Harden/CP3 probably won't even work or fit etc. is incredible. I am glad they shut people up even if they now have an unreal challenge ahead that makes it likely they lose (not because they aren't great, they just might be playing best ever type thing).

nastynice
05-14-2018, 03:14 PM
How often does a team have what is widely considered the best 2 players and 4 of the best 6 while it not being a pretty large gap? Or are you basing this off like statistical analysis from the season etc? I would agree there may not be a large gap from that stats standpoint but you would have to be pretty oblivious to not see it talent wise

Top 2 players are very close, advantage Golden State but we are still talking in Houston two obvious first ballot hof and mvp caliber players both arguably playing the best ball of their career

Capella this year is every bit on par with Klay and green. We have 2 guys in this category, they have one.

Their 6th man is clearly beyond anything we have as far as production

Most people think theyíre deeper

The biggest thing in our favor is we are in year 2 of our experiment

Biggest thing in theirs is their roster was built with one team in mind, built to specifically match up well against one team, the warriors

Itís gonna be fun

tredigs
05-14-2018, 03:18 PM
I mean we heard people say stuff like this last year even when it came to the Cavs haha.

Odds are still 2/1 for the series and stuff though but ya it would appear Vegas has bought in some to these Rockets. I can at least buy this team as having a chance

I can't speak for others but I definitely did not buy into any Cavs hype.

I'm talking about the teams as a whole concerning the stats/analysis of the two.

As far as the top end talent, there is only a significant gap between them if Curry goes off. Just realize that you're saying the very legitimate MVP is the 3rd best player in the series. It's very possible that is not the case, and he without question could end up having the most impact in this series (I personally don't think he will, but he could). With CP3 in playoff form we just got a first hand look of how dominant he is. Overall both have outplayed Curry and KD so far in the playoffs, we will see if it lasts.

brandt
05-14-2018, 03:39 PM
I mean I am rooting for you guys and again this has almost nothing to do with the rockets. In normal seasons they would be an awesome team with a great chance at a title but this isn't any year.

You guys getting this team to be considered a legit challenger when in the offseason we heard Harden/CP3 probably won't even work or fit etc. is incredible. I am glad they shut people up even if they now have an unreal challenge ahead that makes it likely they lose (not because they aren't great, they just might be playing best ever type thing).
👍

Lucky.
05-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Prediction: Houston goes up 2-1, everyone thinks Houston is going to pull it off, Warriors win 3 in a row.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 03:58 PM
While winning in 5 wonít feel as good as a sweep, I certainly wouldnít call it a disappointment.

Man I hope this thing goes to 6 or 7 games. Talking trash this whole series is going to be a blast.

brandt
05-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Prediction: Houston goes up 2-1, everyone thinks Houston is going to pull it off, Warriors win 3 in a row.
Lol. Thatís very likely to happen actually. As a Rockets fan Iím hoping it doesnít. But we all remember what they did to OKC without Durrant.

likemystylez
05-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Kinda just hoping the warriors find a way to convince me that my concerns arent necessary

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Top 2 players are very close, advantage Golden State but we are still talking in Houston two obvious first ballot hof and mvp caliber players both arguably playing the best ball of their career

Capella this year is every bit on par with Klay and green. We have 2 guys in this category, they have one.

Their 6th man is clearly beyond anything we have as far as production

Most people think theyíre deeper

The biggest thing in our favor is we are in year 2 of our experiment

Biggest thing in theirs is their roster was built with one team in mind, built to specifically match up well against one team, the warriors

Itís gonna be fun

So to be clear given that Klay/Green are widely considered more talented and better players is it safe to say Harden makes those around him better than Curry/Durant in order to get Capela at that level? Just checking because if they are on par with Capela (and given his production you can make a case, he's been killing it in that system for sure) while widely considered better and more talented it must be something in GS holding them back right? Ok sorry just had to go nasty logic on you based on other threads lol.

Capela is a great player, I took him like 2 years back as my starting C to win a mock game here before he was as well known and had a couple better seasons. I like him a lot. In an all time redraft both Klay and Green went in the 3rd round. While you can argue reaches where they were drafted if you want, Capela was not among those chosen out of all players so far (Butler, Cousins heck even Towns/Embiid were so it isn't longevity related). The point is if you are basing it off of actual talent and ability GS just clearly has more overall (to that point Curry/KD first rounders, CP3/Harden in 2nd). I do agree in that system Capela has a big impact and is utilized perfectly though. Having 4 all stars to 2 when Curry/KD are considered the best in the series is pretty huge even with Capela and a bench edge)

The talent clearly very one sided in this series and it takes some twisting to change that. I do agree though that there are certain aspects to Houston's game and team that could give Warriors problems. Heck while I was kinda being harsh before Capela is a legit good 3rd option/fit with CP3 harden as a great defender who can switch and eats up/puts back everything near the hoop. Even when Harden doesn't oop it to him around the rim when the defenses shift to an extreme extent to stop penetration (they have to eventually) even a missed shot is like dumping it to capela at times and he is great at positioning/finishing.

It is the first series I think GS will play where they really can be pushed even if I still think its a big long shot so I am definitely tuning in, hope it's as fun as many expect.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 04:22 PM
I can't speak for others but I definitely did not buy into any Cavs hype.

I'm talking about the teams as a whole concerning the stats/analysis of the two.

As far as the top end talent, there is only a significant gap between them if Curry goes off. Just realize that you're saying the very legitimate MVP is the 3rd best player in the series. It's very possible that is not the case, and he without question could end up having the most impact in this series (I personally don't think he will, but he could). With CP3 in playoff form we just got a first hand look of how dominant he is. Overall both have outplayed Curry and KD so far in the playoffs, we will see if it lasts.

I mean I am speaking from a common sense standpoint of talent and what "most" would say. Curry and KD picked inside top 22 all time. CP3 in the 30's, Harden close to 50. Klay and Draymond were closer to where Harden was picked in an all time game than Curry was.

I dunno what it is but it seems like Warriors fans are the least likely to be able to tell how talented their team is (until a thread about them individually comes up). Last year even the Utah series was being talked up by some. I agree it is possible for a lesser player to outplay a better player even at CP3's age etc. while KD is in his prime. That doesn't take away from the actual/perceived talent of these players to most and that gap is still clear as day.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 04:38 PM
I mean I am speaking from a common sense standpoint of talent and what "most" would say. Curry and KD picked inside top 22 all time. CP3 in the 30's, Harden close to 50. Klay and Draymond were closer to where Harden was picked in an all time game than Curry was.

I dunno what it is but it seems like Warriors fans are the least likely to be able to tell how talented their team is (until a thread about them individually comes up). Last year even the Utah series was being talked up by some. I agree it is possible for a lesser player to outplay a better player even at CP3's age etc. while KD is in his prime. That doesn't take away from the actual/perceived talent of these players to most and that gap is still clear as day.

Lol well I hope you're right.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Man I hope this thing goes to 6 or 7 games. Talking trash this whole series is going to be a blast.

Hell yes it is! :cheers:

For the record, get bent rocket fan! (Had to even out the cheers emoji somehow)

goingfor28
05-14-2018, 05:08 PM
I'd like to see CP3 and EJ get a ring

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

nastynice
05-14-2018, 05:14 PM
So to be clear given that Klay/Green are widely considered more talented and better players is it safe to say Harden makes those around him better than Curry/Durant in order to get Capela at that level? Just checking because if they are on par with Capela (and given his production you can make a case, he's been killing it in that system for sure) while widely considered better and more talented it must be something in GS holding them back right? Ok sorry just had to go nasty logic on you based on other threads lol.

Capela is a great player, I took him like 2 years back as my starting C to win a mock game here before he was as well known and had a couple better seasons. I like him a lot. In an all time redraft both Klay and Green went in the 3rd round. While you can argue reaches where they were drafted if you want, Capela was not among those chosen out of all players so far (Butler, Cousins heck even Towns/Embiid were so it isn't longevity related). The point is if you are basing it off of actual talent and ability GS just clearly has more overall (to that point Curry/KD first rounders, CP3/Harden in 2nd). I do agree in that system Capela has a big impact and is utilized perfectly though. Having 4 all stars to 2 when Curry/KD are considered the best in the series is pretty huge even with Capela and a bench edge)

The talent clearly very one sided in this series and it takes some twisting to change that. I do agree though that there are certain aspects to Houston's game and team that could give Warriors problems. Heck while I was kinda being harsh before Capela is a legit good 3rd option/fit with CP3 harden as a great defender who can switch and eats up/puts back everything near the hoop. Even when Harden doesn't oop it to him around the rim when the defenses shift to an extreme extent to stop penetration (they have to eventually) even a missed shot is like dumping it to capela at times and he is great at positioning/finishing.

It is the first series I think GS will play where they really can be pushed even if I still think its a big long shot so I am definitely tuning in, hope it's as fun as many expect.

Capela is up and comer, but still comparable in the sense that he is in the perfect role and plays that role perfectly, much like green and Klay both of whom itís tough to say how theyíd do on their own

Personally I think heís very good anyway, me and a couple warriors fans already pointed him out 3 years ago when he was a back up, you could tell he had the tools and this year heís really getting to showcase them. His production this year is no surprise to me.

Really what green and Klay have on him is longevity and proven, but I do think all this season he has been very much in the same category, and heís still young

nastynice
05-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Kinda just hoping the warriors find a way to convince me that my concerns arent necessary

Donít worry, we gonna smack em around

kobe4thewinbang
05-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Rockets in 6!!!!

...Probably 7. I think whoever wins tonight wins the series. Ryan Anderson gonna have to step up and be an x-factor like Stephen A said. I think if it goes 7, Houston can pull it out. Crazy how Skip Bayless compared the playing styles of these teams, with Houston being hero ball-heavy in ISO and low pass amount, whereas GS is higher in pass amount and far less ISO.

Just tired of the Warriors, honestly. If they win, then great for them. But this is the Rockets probably only chance to shock the world.

Rockets/Cavaliers, finals. LeBron gotta get through at least 5 games first though with Boston, but we'll see.

Factors:

1) Harden has to step up, no more poor shooting games. Gonna have to be elite. Shannon Sharpe pointed out that the Pelicans had some great games with AD, Rondo & Jrue playing well with Mirotic also. They still lost some close ones.

2) Capela gonna have to make that deadly p&r with Harden a constant to stay on the court. Let Draymond shoot!

3) Durant. Who the hell gonna stop him? Any chance Paul tries to pull a Tony Allen and throw him off?

4) Eric Gordon--APB on this fella!

5) Houston's shooting. Will it be consistent? If so, they got a shot.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Lol well I hope you're right.

Haha if I didn't bet I would wish you were right too.

Seriously though like I was saying Houston actually has a chance imo even if small and they are outmatched on talent. I am definitely tuning in this time from the start to see it. It's just that one aspect that's mind boggling to me when it comes to the talent difference/conversations, very odd.

I just want a great matchup this time around even if Houston loses pushing it to a close game 7 I'm happy, give us hope someone is getting close even if not as talented.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 05:41 PM
Capela is up and comer, but still comparable in the sense that he is in the perfect role and plays that role perfectly, much like green and Klay both of whom itís tough to say how theyíd do on their own

Personally I think heís very good anyway, me and a couple warriors fans already pointed him out 3 years ago when he was a back up, you could tell he had the tools and this year heís really getting to showcase them. His production this year is no surprise to me.

Really what green and Klay have on him is longevity and proven, but I do think all this season he has been very much in the same category, and heís still young

I don't disagree but the context is important and what you are now acknowledging in this conversation when in the past you haven't and run with the easy narrative without said context. That was the point of that jab lol but anyways I like this response overall.

I think you are mostly right too in what you say even if it isn't clear you talk talent (you mention the context/fit which is a key though to his production), like I said I have had an eye on him too. He is a very good role player and in this specific role on this team with great spacing/playmaking creating open opportunities he is putting up this production on mostly easy inside shots at the hoop possibly with little or no defense (at the very least very shifted). He is assisted on over 80 of his baskets and 80% are also within 3 feet. While I give him credit for position/ability/screening/finishing too it is the style of play that has also played into boosting his numbers over the years too like you say the perfect fit.

If you just put Klay/Dray/Capela as options and have people ask who the most talented are in general it is a different story though, they are All Star talent level "role players" on GS basically (one of best 3 pt shooters ever, DPOY who spaces and can handle/pass). Both space and create better and Dray is even a stronger more versatile defender imo which would be his strong suit.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 05:48 PM
I don't disagree but the context is important and what you are now acknowledging in this conversation when in the past you haven't and run with the easy narrative without said context. That was the point of that jab lol but anyways I like this response overall.

I think you are mostly right too in what you say even if it isn't clear you talk talent (you mention the context/fit which is a key though to his production), like I said I have had an eye on him too. He is a very good role player and in this specific role on this team with great spacing/playmaking creating open opportunities he is putting up this production on mostly easy inside shots at the hoop possibly with little or no defense (at the very least very shifted). He is assisted on over 80 of his baskets and 80% are also within 3 feet. While I give him credit for position/ability/screening/finishing too it is the style of play that has also played into boosting his numbers over the years too like you say the perfect fit.

If you just put Klay/Dray/Capela as options and have people ask who the most talented are in general it is a different story though, they are All Star talent level "role players" on GS basically (one of best 3 pt shooters ever, DPOY who spaces and can handle/pass). Both space and create better and Dray is even a stronger more versatile defender imo which would be his strong suit.

I always use context. Iíve never pumped up Klay or Draymond as players that could be built around, matter of fact said the opposite in regards to Draymond vs C Bosh

I agree with your last paragraph but I think thatís because of longevity and track record. Capella is just entering that level whereas Klay and Draymond been there since 4 years back, when we gave them those contracts in which we apparently overpaid. Which now magically became underpaid :)

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 06:06 PM
I always use context. Iíve never pumped up Klay or Draymond as players that could be built around, matter of fact said the opposite in regards to Draymond vs C Bosh

I agree with your last paragraph but I think thatís because of longevity and track record. Capella is just entering that level whereas Klay and Draymond been there since 4 years back, when we gave them those contracts in which we apparently overpaid. Which now magically became underpaid :)

We disagree with that first part lol but you seem to not get where the connection is from. I am not talking Klay and Draymond, I am talking about specific individuals "making each other better" or worse etc. and how that context plays in as much if not moreso than actual ability because it makes a big difference. Capela is less talented but you said given fit etc it was close with his production, just like that context matters in other convos too (and anyone saying Curry is holding them back would be off base, fit, overall talent/structure etc. all matter but just off numbers and production it could be argued they aren't reaching top potential etc).

I agree he is talented and improving but he isn't elite skill set wise in the same ways or anything and is very reliant on the creation of Harden specifically but CP3 and the spacing as well. He is not widely considered a top 15-20 talent in the NBA though like the other guys more so an elite role player. I do think Green is a somewhat close comparison but again he has extra skills Clint just can't match up with imo which seperates them pretty evidently.

Edit: If Capela continues at this rate I do agree he could be in a high level category like them though overall but as of right now he isn't quite there individually. Again I like him and hope he turns out to be as good as Klay/Dray overall I just think he is a bit behind still but will not deny he is younger with potential to grow if thats where you were mostly headed (I am just talking about matching them up now).

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 06:09 PM
I apologize, Clint Capela was just picked up in that games FA lol. He made it

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Mmm.... I'd definitely rather have Draymond than Capela. His versatility and ability to do practically anything on the floor on a given night make him kind of a perfect compliment on a team that has a go-to guy already. He's our generation's Scottie Pippen.

But if I had to choose between Klay or Clint, I think I might rather have Clint. Both guys are essentially really valuable role players who are somewhat limited in their versatility, but I think Clint's impact on the defensive end trumps Klay's, and I can get shooting elsewhere. I also think it's much harder to come by athletic bigs who can finish around the rim with the skill and efficiency that Capela does.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Also, on the Klay vs. Capela debate, you might be shocked to read this, but Klay is actually assisted on a higher percentage of his shots than Capela is. According to 82games, 67 percent of Capela's shots this season were assisted on compared to 83 percent for Klay. So Clint is actually better at creating shots for himself than Klay is...

likemystylez
05-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Also, on the Klay vs. Capela debate, you might be shocked to read this, but Klay is actually assisted on a higher percentage of his shots than Capela is. According to 82games, 67 percent of Capela's shots this season were assisted on compared to 83 percent for Klay. So Clint is actually better at creating shots for himself than Klay is...

Thats not unbelievable, Im sure capela gets atleast 16% of his baskets on putbacks

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Interesting take mbt and depending on the team and fit I can see an argument there for Capella if he keeps it up. Again though for Capella I think it comes down to situational/fit whereas talent wise you take klay and don't look back. Maybe we disagree on that though, I'll explain.

Wings like klay with that level of shooting and ability to play defense at a high level is more rare than athletic bigs IMO though which is why we saw klay go so early (even iggy in 5th to you right?) and Tyson chandler was after both in like 7th round or so as a dpoy, highly efficient offensive guy like Capella but without the volume (or playing next to harden, he was assisted on a lower percent of his baskets even with less volume though so I think he could adjust to those looks and up it a bit).

I feel like it really wouldn't be that hard to choose honestly but I understand Capellas fit on teams could make it an argument

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 06:41 PM

If someone passes to klay ate 3 pt line is that the same as a dunk to Capella or would one likely require more work from others creating wise to get it to them in such position? Are put backs included like when harden draws two guys and easy dump in? When klay spaced out for others do you consider that creating for his team?

That's a part of what I mean by klay being clearly more talented, his skill set opens things up for others while Capella moreso finished what others create for him (granted on gs klay had plenty of that too)

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Thats not unbelievable, Im sure capela gets atleast 16% of his baskets on putbacks

I wouldn't doubt it. But offensive rebounding is a huge benefit to any team and can still result in two points, so I don't think you can say an offensive rebound and a follow-up dunk is any less valuable than a guy driving to the basket for a layup.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. But offensive rebounding is a huge benefit to any team and can still result in two points, so I don't think you can say an offensive rebound and a follow-up dunk is any less valuable than a guy driving to the basket for a layup.

However on the rockets those putbacks might be created by attention shifting to Harden moreso than Capela boxing out or fighting through multiple guys each time right? Wasn't there an article about Hardens misses a couple years back that covered some of this, its kinda like an alley oop in a sense moreso than a hard fought offensive rebound (not always, he obviously has that skill set but the creating aspect scoring, spacing, ability to get open isn't really him, still he is the finisher)

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Essentially my thought is that if you are talking talent and if you needed a top guy type of thing you would take Klay but in a role players situation they are more level as Klay's volume and ability to score based on his talents (see when Curry is out and without KD below) aren't as important as just his spacing/defense etc. for other guys like he is in now. Capella has an argument just off that which is basically what Nasty was getting at as well which I think has a case. In Capelas role right now he is impacting the game more but without elite playmaking he wouldn't be looking like what Klay did leading the way either IMO.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-western-conference-semifinals-trail-blazers-vs-warriors.html (curry played 73 minutes this series and Klay averaged 31 ppg on .652 TS%)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-western-conference-first-round-rockets-vs-warriors.html (Curry played 38 minutes in series and Klay had 23 on .61TS% both were series they won as well with him as leading scorer)

This is also why guys like Klay are much more valuable IMO and would be picked so much higher in a draft type thing.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 08:07 PM

It's a good thing that Klay is assisted that often. Everybody can't be a ball handler. He works his tail off running through screens and causing havoc to get those looks, and it makes life much easier on everyone else. Capela is just the recipient of others work and finishes oops. Case of misinterpreting a statistic.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Did the line change?

Htownballa1622
05-14-2018, 08:28 PM
If Rockets lose, I can't wait to see the usual suspects. "Rockets played all year for home court to lose it in game 1 in wcf against warriors!😂" I hope rockets win, but the trolls are so predictable.

europagnpilgrim
05-14-2018, 08:43 PM

No Capela is not better at creating for himself, that's the beauty of Klay being in his situation and being a sniper, you always want snipers running baseline to baseline to shoot(unless you are named Iverson), if Klay had to go at it with just Green and no Curry / KD for long stretch he would showcase it but not saying it would lead to more wins but he would no doubt create more for himself off the dribble / drive, when you have ball handlers like KD / Iggy / Curry / Green there is really no need to show and prove, just do what you do, and Klay plays all nba caliber perimeter defense with having one of the deadliest pure shots ever, all time

Klay was one of the deadliest pure shooters since day 1 rookie year, its how it goes pretty much when you are all time dominant at something, it is usually there day 1 for those type

nastynice
05-14-2018, 08:57 PM
Interesting take mbt and depending on the team and fit I can see an argument there for Capella if he keeps it up. Again though for Capella I think it comes down to situational/fit whereas talent wise you take klay and don't look back. Maybe we disagree on that though, I'll explain.

Wings like klay with that level of shooting and ability to play defense at a high level is more rare than athletic bigs IMO though which is why we saw klay go so early (even iggy in 5th to you right?) and Tyson chandler was after both in like 7th round or so as a dpoy, highly efficient offensive guy like Capella but without the volume (or playing next to harden, he was assisted on a lower percent of his baskets even with less volume though so I think he could adjust to those looks and up it a bit).

I feel like it really wouldn't be that hard to choose honestly but I understand Capellas fit on teams could make it an argument

You donít feel capelas an elite pick n roll big? I know itís just one aspect of offense, but itís something the Rox run over and over again. Even if you donít think heís elite at that Iíd assume worst case scenario we can say knocking on the door of elite

Now that I think of it, man, d12 woulda def been elite at that. Lucky for us he wanted to be shaq

Anyway, thatís just what I see when I see them, Iím not saying good it for the sake of sounding ďrightĒ

Either way we bout to whoop that ***!

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:01 PM
I'll read these pages later but don't delude yourself gopher. You're basically hoping the rockets swings can at least bother kd but he is the difference maker most ready made contenders don't have (he, more than anyone, should be judged heavily on how her performs now given his massive letdowns historically) . This series may be close but it would surprise me more than not at this point. Check out gs numbers in the playoffs since they got kd, do they impress you more than any sort of meaningless regular season success?

c.c.
05-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Itís game time! Iím gonna be doing more watching than typing of course

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Hell yes! That's how you start a series!

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Itís game time! Iím gonna be doing more watching than typing of course

Who you got? Lol jk. Got my halftime bet riding on ya'll

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Let em know dray!

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:06 PM
Wow. Really Draymond? You can't even get out of the first two minutes without drawing a tech?

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Draymond Green is a child

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Harden dialed in tonight! Loving it!

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 09:09 PM
I can honestly seeing Draymond Green deciding this series in the end.

If he is getting his triple doubles, it'll make the Rockets look at him. If he is foolish and useless, the Rockets can shut down some scoring with intensity.

Rockets defense looking good so far.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:09 PM
Dg is getting ejected tonight

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 09:10 PM
I can honestly seeing Draymond Green deciding this series in the end.

If he is getting his triple doubles, it'll make the Rockets look at him. If he is foolish and useless, the Rockets can shut down some scoring with intensity.

Rockets defense looking good so far.
Except for Harden lol

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 09:11 PM
Dg is getting ejected tonight

For sure

Jeffy25
05-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Not sure what Green is complaining about there.

He's a mental midget

Mell413
05-14-2018, 09:12 PM

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:13 PM
That one play represents a microcosm of what separates cp3 and curry defensively. Curry instills confidence in his counterpart, cp3 fights for every inch and has shut down the likes of kd in the past (with help obviously)

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Oh baby this gon be a bloodbath!

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:15 PM
PJ might have wrapped Draymond in on that but he needs to chill the **** out. Kerr should sub him before he gets tossed.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:16 PM
Wow. Really Draymond? You can't even get out of the first two minutes without drawing a tech?

Itís game time :)

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:16 PM
That one play represents a microcosm of what separates cp3 and curry defensively. Curry instills confidence in his counterpart, cp3 fights for every inch and has shut down the likes of kd in the past (with help obviously)

Curry's much better off ball and overall a more engaged defender. But yes obviously Curry is worse 1v1 defensively and CP3 is more impactful on that end. The only starter worse is Harden, and he's getting exploited early and often..

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:17 PM

He said PJ Tucker rubbed his stank *** armpit sweat all over him

I donít blame him

mightybosstone
Itís game time :)

Yeah, but he's on a short leash now. If he overreacts to something the rest of the way, he's out for the night. That's a WHOLE lot of game time to ask Draymond Green to behave.

Mell413
Also, I don't think Draymond wants any of Tucker.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Curry's much better off ball and overall a more engaged defender. But yes obviously Curry is worse 1v1 defensively and CP3 is more impactful on that end. The only starter worse is Harden, and he's getting exploited early and often..

I disagree, it only seems that way given the support system in place. He's better in virtually every aspect aside from closing out on shooters. Harden only looks bad right now because he's totally engaged to a fault. He's at least closing the air space, they'll adjust

Htownballa1622
05-14-2018, 09:20 PM
And draymond is still a punk *** *****.

Smh.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Wow. Houston playing with so much intensity right now. I love this. God I hope they can play like this for the whole series.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:22 PM
every other player in basketball would have gotten a tech there but not draymond... he should be out of the ****ing game.

On top of this I love that the rockets game plan is to attack with anyone that curry is defending... Lol and you wonder why its a joke to put him on durant/lebrons level.

nastynice
Rox lookin sharp

Chronz
Also, I don't think Draymond wants any of Tucker.

They gots to keep him there cuz he has no hope against kd. He represents the worst of the other options. Cp can get up in your grill and because ofhis size the refs give him leniency, Ariza and moute have the requisite length. tucker has nothing but bones made of titanium

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:23 PM
And draymond is still a punk *** *****.

Smh.

You mean he punked a *****

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:23 PM
every other player in basketball would have gotten a tech there but not draymond... he should be out of the ****ing game.

On top of this I love that the rockets game plan is to attack with anyone that curry is defending... Lol and you wonder why its a joke to put him on durant/lebrons level.
Calm down, it may yet bite them in the a

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:25 PM
This right here is the benefit curry has over every other PG.... He doesnt have to go near CP3/Cap/Harden... Durant/Klay/Green have that locked down... he doesnt even have to defend their 4th best player because of iggy... you can just sit him on the 5th guy and let him play offense.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Oh **** no!

Ohh donít ruin the series injury!!!

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Oh ****... first KL now harden lolololol

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Oh heís good. Just take a breather

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Oh yeah. Finals basketball baby. Rockets still staggering like rs. I'm telling you guys, cp3 and harden have hid their overlap by not playing together

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Oh **** no!

Ohh donít ruin the series injury!!!

you must be out of your damn mind. I would blow a goat if i were a warriors fan and harden went down with an injury... Sorry I dont wish for injuries but if they benefit my team i will sure as hell celebrate them.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Lol curry came out on cp3 and ran away to guard someone else..... my god its hilarious.

Driven
05-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Great first quarter. Both teams are hitting their shots too

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:31 PM
man I am so glad the cavs have a durant like signing during the regular season in rose.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Goddamn this is some high level basketball

What a show :clap:

still1ballin
Entertaining first quarter

Driven
Houston needs this first game or the series is over.

If they win the first game, is game 2 must win also?

nastynice
you must be out of your damn mind. I would blow a goat if i were a warriors fan and harden went down with an injury... Sorry I dont wish for injuries but if they benefit my team i will sure as hell celebrate them.

Na, this is just too damn good to watch some crap like that ruin it

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Houston needs this first game or the series is over.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Hell of a first quarter. It's a bummer to only be up by one considering how well they played, but I loved what I saw from Houston on defense that quarter. They're really making Golden State work for those shots.

aman_13
05-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah. Finals basketball baby. Rockets still staggering like rs. I'm telling you guys, cp3 and harden have hid their overlap by not playing together

I just see taxing offense from the Rockets side but you are right, they have found their niche.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Rockets -.5 first quarter. Check :laugh:

Didn't like to see Harden going out there. Now that the money's out of the way, let's go Dubs!!

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Cp3 has never embracedthe iso quite like his minutes without harden this year

Driven
05-14-2018, 09:39 PM
How did he rockets just put out a lineup with green, Gordon, and anderson

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:40 PM
I really cant win... I do not know which i dislike more... The warriors or harden... Its like a ****ing nightmare.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 09:41 PM
I just see taxing offense from the Rockets side but you are right, they have found their niche.
What niche? I don't think you understand my criticism. They haven't truly learned how to play off one another when the strength of their identity is how they win without each orthey

More-Than-Most
can you ****ing tech his *** up and send him home... How many times is he going to ***** and complain

Chronz
How did he rockets just put out a lineup with green, Gordon, and anderson

Early in the series

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 09:42 PM
lol he is literally still yelling at the refs.

tredigs
Crazy how many tough shots both teams are hitting.

More-Than-Most
My god... Durant you are so good.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Draymonds way too hyphy, lol

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Ugh. That stretch where the Rockets missed three essentially open layups was killer. They cannot miss those gimmes and expect to beat this team. And Luc has got to play a hell of a lot better than this. They need him to be the guy he was in the regular season.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:45 PM
I think the Rockets are going to find that putting CP3 on KD is going to end badly for them more often than not. His only chance is to stop his dribble, after that it's a guaranteed open look.

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 09:48 PM
KD feeling it

rhino17
05-14-2018, 09:50 PM
My take on the game so far

Ego has been garbage all playoffs long

Green is still a pos

Driven
I really think the rockets need to reduce Gordonís minutes unless something dramatically changes. Heís not just missing shots but making bad play after bad play

tredigs
Harden unable to take Curry in ISO twice in one possession. Very nice.

Chronz
I think the Rockets are going to find that putting CP3 on KD is going to end badly for them more often than not. His only chance is to stop his dribble, after that it's a guaranteed open look.

Nah. When the alternative is over committing I don't see it . I've seen cp3 lockdown kd with less help than he has now, then again he was younger and it was before kd had his sex change

aman_13
05-14-2018, 09:53 PM
What niche? I don't think you understand my criticism. They haven't truly learned how to play off one another when the strength of their identity is how they win without each orthey

Ahh I misunderstood.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 09:54 PM
I'm not liking the way this is going right now. Houston needs to make a couple of shots and put the momentum back in their favor. That turnover by Gordon was a killer. And it's frustrating, because the Warriors can't defend the paint, but the Rockets have had wide open layups that they've screwed up now on at least 4-5 possessions.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Nah. When the alternative is over committing I don't see it . I've seen cp3 lockdown kd with less help than he has now, then again he was younger and it was before kd had his sex change

It's pretty basic, if CP3 can't stop his dribble than it's an all time great shooter with a clear look over an angry midget every single time.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Neither team turning it over. Warriors just 2. Huge win for the Warriors there.

nastynice
05-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Did Reggie miller just bite my lullaby description?

jason
05-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Looney is doing way better than I expected

aman_13
05-14-2018, 10:02 PM
What a half!

still1ballin
Lol cp3 elbowing Durant in the butt

KobeOwnSU
Harden tired after 1 half. He gonna be on an oxygen mask by game 3.

jason
05-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Lol cp3 elbowing Durant in the butt

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf Draymond did that people would want him suspended

still1ballin
This is the nba finals right here

Chronz
Plz random gods make me a winner for 1 half today

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:04 PM
**** nick young dude

still1ballin
What a game so far

nastynice
Nice close by Rox

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 10:05 PM
What a great ****ing half of basketball!!!

Chronz
It's pretty basic, if CP3 can't stop his dribble than it's an all time great shooter with a clear look over an angry midget every single time.
Yeah I've seen this same kd struggle with just that. Luckily he's on a team where he can be in more advantageous spots. I'll stick to my belief that it depends on the spots and help proximity

WaDe03
This is the nba finals right here

Nah this the WCF

nastynice
05-14-2018, 10:06 PM
If Draymond did that people would want him suspended

Haters gon hate :cool:

mightybosstone
What a half of basketball! I love the way Houston came back there at the end, despite that horrible defensive possession on the Nick Young 3-pointer. I'm freaking loving what I'm seeing from Harden, Paul and Capela right now. I just wish the rest of the Rockets team would wake up. Someone else on that team is going to have to start making shots.

TrueFan420
Looney is doing way better than I expected

He is. He's def gonna earn himself a nice little pay day and larger role on a team if he keeps this up.

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 10:07 PM
Also, anybody who suggested that Capela can't guard Curry on the perimeter, how's that working out for you so far? One block and one forced turnover. Curry is going to have nightmares of Capela in his sleep tonight.

Driven
05-14-2018, 10:07 PM
Iím exhausted

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:08 PM
Gotta admit, I haven't been this erect from basketball in years

aman_13
05-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Great basketball but I'm not a believer that the Rockets can keep pace.

KobeOwnSU
05-14-2018, 10:10 PM
The Finals are gonna be a let down.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 10:10 PM
Also, anybody who suggested that Capela can't guard Curry on the perimeter, how's that working out for you so far? One block and one forced turnover. Curry is going to have nightmares of Capela in his sleep tonight.

He's completely turning Capela inside out, but his length has already surprised Curry twice (Curry's still a touch slow right now which isn't helping). He will adjust though. You will find that's not a matchup the Rox will want to see very often.

Great half. THIS is two teams playing extremely high level ball with everyone engaged. And it's just getting started.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Great basketball but I'm not a believer that the Rockets can keep pace.
Neither are chuck and shaq. That's bad news for you

nastynice
Listen to shaq ladies and gentlemen. My exact criticism of Lebron

But Iím just a hater, right? :rolleyes:

Driven
Capelas been great but he got lucky on the curry turnover

I donít think chuck or shaq understand what makes iso ball efficient

aman_13
Neither are chuck and shaq. That's bad news for you

They have a fair point.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Shaq brings up a good point. My God do the Warriors run a more aesthetically pleasing brand of ball. It does get the job done for Houston though.

KobeOwnSU
05-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Oh for sure. Isoball looks like trash compared to the warriors

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkEverything looks like trash compared to the Warriors haha

Driven
Shaq brings up a good point. My God do the Warriors run a more aesthetically pleasing brand of ball. It does get the job done for Houston though.

Oh for sure. Isoball looks like trash compared to the warriors

likemystylez
Capelas been great but he got lucky on the curry turnover

I donít think chuck or shaq understand what makes iso ball efficient

warriors are spending a lot of time screwing around and not really getting into their offense fast- why is curry dribbling around in cirlces for 10 min with capela- just do what an all star guard is suppose to do and go by the center.

Overall I think warriors need to move the ball more and try and generate quality shots with ball movement and offball people movement.

and chris paul telling people to man up just pisses me off- the guy is constantly flopping. Hes a ***** and thats why hes never been to a conference finals before james harden carried him to one

tredigs
05-14-2018, 10:16 PM
With how much ISO ball we see from Harden and how often he is simply being gunned for defensive at every opportunity, I'll be curious to see how his legs are looking in the 2nd half as the series wanes. I have a feeling we will start seeing a lot of late transition buckets at his expense.

mightybosstone

Last time I checked, no team who won a series playing ugly basketball had their series victory taken away. I couldn't care less if the entire Rockets team took a huge dump in the middle of half court on national television at the start of every game as long as they win.

likemystylez
With how much ISO ball we see from Harden and how often he is simply being gunned for defensive at every opportunity, I'll be curious to see how his legs are looking in the 2nd half as the series wants on. I have a feeling we will start seeing a lot of late transition buckets at his expense.

The sad part is- james harden has more uncontested baskets than KD so far even when harden is the only guy on the rockets touching the ball for 20 seconds- somehow the warriors are not guarding him that tight. Seriously wtf was that at the start of the game? Horrible preparation with 5 days off to leave harden wide open on the first play. Thats bad coaching

Vee-Rex
The Finals are gonna be a let down.

That's what they said last year and the Warriors swept the West. 2016 finals was amazing and the 2015 finals better than the 2015 WCF.

for the last 3 years the finals has been better than the wcf.

brandt
05-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Listen to shaq ladies and gentlemen. My exact criticism of Lebron

But Iím just a hater, right? :rolleyes:

I hate listening to Shaq not only because you canít ever understand a damn word he says, but he doesnít know what the **** heís talking about. And neither does Barkley for that matter.

ewing
05-14-2018, 10:17 PM
These guys are overrated

mightybosstone
05-14-2018, 10:18 PM
That's what they said last year and the Warriors swept the West. 2016 finals was amazing and the 2015 finals better than the 2015 WCF.

Yeah, but you can't honestly believe that based on the quality of the teams in the WCF this year and that half of basketball they just played?

nastynice
05-14-2018, 10:20 PM

Wonít lie, Iíd be happy to keep seeing that matchup moving forward

ewing
05-14-2018, 10:20 PM
With how much ISO ball we see from Harden and how often he is simply being gunned for defensive at every opportunity, I'll be curious to see how his legs are looking in the 2nd half as the series wanes. I have a feeling we will start seeing a lot of late transition buckets at his expense.

With all advanced training and nutrition I keep hearing about youíd think these ******* wouldnít be tried all the time.

ewing
05-14-2018, 10:21 PM

Last year the finals sucked

Driven
Where are the fans?

Chronz
With all advanced training and nutrition I keep hearing about youíd think these ******* wouldnít be tried all the time.

If this were the 90s when you didn't have to defend one string you would have a point. Unfortunately the athletesneed it given their increased workload. Humans ain't devolving, just ewing

tredigs
Last time I checked, no team who won a series playing ugly basketball had their series victory taken away. I couldn't care less if the entire Rockets team took a huge dump in the middle of half court on national television at the start of every game as long as they win.
I don't blame you, take it any way you can get it. I'm just so glad the team I watch and cheer for on a daily basis is actually a spectacle to view.

mngopher35
05-14-2018, 10:22 PM
Been a good game so far

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:22 PM
I don't blame you, take it any way you can get it. I'm just so glad the team I watch and cheer for on a daily basis is actually a spectacle to view.

Subjectively speaking. Shaq stopped the ball just as much , it was easier for him to pass out because he drew attention

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:23 PM
A header.. in basketball? Lmao i love to hate harden

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Last year the finals sucked

The playoffs ducked more is his point

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:25 PM
That's a fricking no call.

TrueFan420
05-14-2018, 10:28 PM
KD just getting his

tredigs
05-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Both teams just taking turns going at Curry and Harden.

tredigs
05-14-2018, 10:30 PM
KD can NOT be stopped by Houston.

Chronz
05-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Not discriminating is so true. Tmac was so jealous watching kds situation, there's never been a more gifted scorer under so little duress than this ***** the last 2 years. Just watching the game I can see where the help should come from but is suicidal given the disparity in talent.

COOLbeans
05-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Durant lit Capella up

KobeOwnSU
05-14-2018, 10:33 PM
lol @people thinking this will be a series. please just stop. Warriors taking this in 5 or 6 and winning 3 games by double figures.I agree. They about to take Houston's soul, I can see it.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2018, 10:34 PM
lol @people thinking this will be a series. please just stop. Warriors taking this in 5 or 6 and winning 3 games by double figures.

TrueFan420
Good **** Steph!!!

Chronz
Idgaf how tired cp3 is, you cannot leave your sole star to do battle with 4 others

flea
05-14-2018, 10:35 PM
This game is better than the hockey game. Surprising!

COOLbeans
05-14-2018, 10:36 PM
lol @people thinking this will be a series. please just stop. Warriors taking this in 5 or 6 and winning 3 games by double figures.

They might even cry in the car.

If/ when they lose in 5, i wonder who theyíll go after in the offseason?