PDA

View Full Version : ECF: Boston Celtics [2] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4] Series tied 3-3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Rivera
05-11-2018, 09:43 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

https://thumb.ibb.co/fH0S4H/Cavs2.gifVS. https://thumb.ibb.co/nfTtTc/Celtics.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Boston: Sunday, May 13, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 2 in Boston: Tuesday, May 15, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 3 in Cleveland: Saturday, May 19, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 in Cleveland: Monday, May 21, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 5 in Boston: Wednesday, May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN*

Game 6 in Cleveland: Friday, May 25, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN *

Game 7 in Boston: Sunday, May 27 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN *

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/r05idc.gif

C: Kevin Love
PF: Lebron James
SF: Kyle Korver
SG: JR Smith
PG: George Hill

Projected Starting Lineups:

https://thumb.ibb.co/nniMEH/Celtics_Word.gif

C: Aron Baynes
PF: Al Horford
SF: Jayson Tatum
SG: Jaylen Brown
PG: Terry Rozier

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://i63.tinypic.com/24d3tb9.jpg

TD Garden, Boston

https://i.imgur.com/5aSKQvu.jpg

kdspurman
05-11-2018, 09:46 AM
Thanks.. I was just finishing up the WCF thread then about to do this one.. Appreciate it :hi5:

Tg11
05-11-2018, 09:47 AM
My Celtics if we were at full strength with Kyrie and Hayward then I would say that this series goes 7 games with us winning it. However, with the guys we have now with Horford, Brown, Rozier, Tatum and Baynes I see us losing this series in 6 games tops. With our coach Stevens with our system I think we take this series 6 games before we lose it.

Htownballa1622
05-11-2018, 10:38 AM
LeBron James

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 10:42 AM
I went with Cavs in 6. I like what this Boston team is doing and Stevens is a genius, but I think this is one of the best versions of LeBron we've ever seen.

AntiG
05-11-2018, 10:45 AM
My Celtics if we were at full strength with Kyrie and Hayward then I would say that this series goes 7 games with us winning it. However, with the guys we have now with Horford, Brown, Rozier, Tatum and Baynes I see us losing this series in 6 games tops. With our coach Stevens with our system I think we take this series 6 games before we lose it.

same here. I don't think we have enough firepower to compensate for the Lebron buzzsaw.

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 10:52 AM

If fully healthy I think the Celtics could win in 6 as well.

The silver lining in all this is that Rozier, Tatum, and Brown are getting invaluable experience. Just facing LeBron in the ECF is gonna help all of your young guys as well. Next year they're gonna be even better, and when you add Irving and Hayward the team is super deep. Best in the East and easy title contender IMO.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:52 AM
same here. I don't think we have enough firepower to compensate for the Lebron buzzsaw.

If we did then everyone would be saying Celtics win this series but I see us losing this in 6 games with us winning at least 2 games. However, imagine if our Celtics do the unthinkable and actually beat LeBron. If that were to happen then I could see it going 7 with us winning it in 7 games. Realistically though I see us losing in 6.

Rivera
05-11-2018, 11:00 AM
They key to the series IMO is Korver/Love. Lebron is going to get his. Pencil in 35 ppg 8 apg 8 rpg (he might get more!)

but how effective Korver/Love is and how they execute that dance these 2 have been doing (setting screens for eachother, Korver just driving his body into Loves defender and taking him to the other side of the court so love can post up on the smaller player) how ever Boston defends that to me will dictate the series

mngopher35
05-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Hard to bet against lebron in the east, gonna go cavs in 6. Pretty impressive Boston made it here without kyrie/Hayward though, next year will be their time

ewing
05-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Giving the Cavs 2 games b/c LeBron will be by far the best player in the series

Jamiecballer
05-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Boston's run has been impressive but coaching can only take you so far. I am torn between Cleveland in 4 and Boston in 7 honestly. I'm going Cleveland in 4 just based on gut.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

AntiG
05-11-2018, 11:55 AM
If we did then everyone would be saying Celtics win this series but I see us losing this in 6 games with us winning at least 2 games. However, imagine if our Celtics do the unthinkable and actually beat LeBron. If that were to happen then I could see it going 7 with us winning it in 7 games. Realistically though I see us losing in 6.

honestly I think we'd have a better shot against either western team than we do against Cleveland. We can go blow for blow with either the Rockets or Warriors due to our length, ball distribution, athleticism, and team defense but Lebron in aggression mode is just impossible to stop.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 12:08 PM
honestly I think we'd have a better shot against either western team than we do against Cleveland. We can go blow for blow with either the Rockets or Warriors due to our length, ball distribution, athleticism, and team defense but Lebron in aggression mode is just impossible to stop.

I know right and with me Stevens is like our Pop but he can only take us so far before the run ends and I see it ending here. It would be nice if we could pull off another miracle and dethrone LeBron but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Oakmont_4
05-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Celtics need to throw body after body at LeBron just to keep him off balance a little. Keep mixing it up. Be physical with him one on one. Accept that he's going to be the best player on the court and dominate. We need to focus on shutting everyone else down. MAKE LeBron beat us by himself (which he's capable of). If we can turn this into LBJ vs our youth we have a fighters chance at wearing him down.

Cavs in 6. LBJ will be gassed and demolished by GS in the finals.

FlashBolt
05-11-2018, 12:16 PM
I'll take Cavs in 5 or 6. I think Tatum will be overwhelmed by the pressure of playing vs Bron. I like J.R.'s defense enough to guard some Celtics guards. I think George Hill will be the veteran that he is and play a huge role. And Korver, IMO, will continue his three point shooting dominance. Btw, did you guys know Tatum is related to Ty Lue?

tredigs
05-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Barring a choke job by Cleveland this one should be done in 5. I'll take them in 6.

SteBO
05-11-2018, 12:57 PM
I went with Cavs in 6. I like what this Boston team is doing and Stevens is a genius, but I think this is one of the best versions of LeBron we've ever seen.
Iíve said it many times, all around, I think LeBron in 2013 was better if you factor in defense......but this is without question the best Iíve ever seen him offensively. Iím curious to know how you think Brad Stevens is going to play this....but I think he should take a a page out of Nate McMillans book in Rd. 1 on top of how he managed the Sixers......donít double LBJ frequently and take away the shooters.

Iíll say Cavs in 6, but I donít feel comfortable with it.

FlashBolt
05-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Iíve said it many times, all around, I think LeBron in 2013 was better if you factor in defense......but this is without question the best Iíve ever seen him offensively. Iím curious to know how you think Brad Stevens is going to play this....but I think he should take a a page out of Nate McMillans book in Rd. 1 on top of how he managed the Sixers......donít double LBJ frequently and take away the shooters.

I still think LeBron can play that type of defense but you gotta account for the fact that he's doing more offensively for his team than any other year. It's unreal what he's doing right now. I'd wager if you give him a team where he's not doing everything offensively, he'd be a top five perimeter player defensively.

Oakmont_4
05-11-2018, 01:34 PM

Yup, exactly what I said. It's actually similar to what BOS just did with Embiid. Single coverage all the time. He'll get his. Take away the shooters and BOS did a great job of it against PHI.

Stevens gameplan in game 5 was so genius. Take Redick out. Smother him when he's on offense. FORCE the ball to whoever he's guarding and score at will. PHI had not choice but to take him out

Rivera
05-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Celtics need to throw body after body at LeBron just to keep him off balance a little. Keep mixing it up. Be physical with him one on one. Accept that he's going to be the best player on the court and dominate. We need to focus on shutting everyone else down. MAKE LeBron beat us by himself (which he's capable of). If we can turn this into LBJ vs our youth we have a fighters chance at wearing him down.

Cavs in 6. LBJ will be gassed and demolished by GS in the finals.

Semi could have a big impact this series, if he could hit that open 3 he would get consistently this series man that would be HUGE for Boston

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Barring a choke job by Cleveland this one should be done in 5. I'll take them in 6.

Lol, werenít you saying the whole time Cavs wouldnít make it this far an already be eliminated? Now itís a choke job. Just gettin at u the same way u got at me.👍

bucketss
05-11-2018, 02:12 PM
not gonna underestimate the celtics again.

Oakmont_4
05-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Going by the numbers here's CLE playoff rotation

LBJ (Brown/Morris/Semi/Yabusele)
Love (Horford)
Smith (Smart)
Hill (Rozier)
Korver (Tatum)
Green
Hood
Clarkson

Thompson (Baynes)
Calderon

I'm starting Smart and Baynes goes to the bench. I want speed and versatility on the court as often as possible.

If Smith and/or Korver is on the floor, Smother them and frustrate them. Make them work to even get open to catch the ball, never mind trying to shoot it. Whoever they're guarding is who you go to offensively. Make Lue pull them out of the game because they're getting torched on D and aren't effective on offense. Horford is going to have to eliminate Love. Brown/Morris/Semi/Yabusele will rotate on LBJ. They just need to make it tough for him. Let him drive, don't foul. DO NOT LET HIM SHOOT. Make him go to the rim. Don't let him get a rhythm shooting the ball. Make him work for every 2.

On offense, it should run through Rozier and Horford + whichever of Brown/Tatum that LBJ is not guarding. Horford can own Love down low. Rozier should be able to get his game going. 1 wing will be a sacrificial lamb to LBJ but if LBJ cheats to help - toss it to the wing and make him pay.

Essentially we want to isolate LeBron on both ends of the court. Don't let him help his teammates on D and don't let his teammates help him on O. If you lose this series you want it to be because LBJ literally did it all himself.

Vee-Rex
05-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Lol, werenít you saying the whole time Cavs wouldnít make it this far an already be eliminated? Now itís a choke job. Just gettin at u the same way u got at me.👍

Hold on, bruh. IKH is right. You can't be calling the Cavs trash all the time and saying they're weak but then call it a choke job if the Cavs don't win in 5.

Tre been playin' the political game like a mfer on these playoff matchups. :laugh2:

Ishkabibble
05-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Cavs in 6.

It's a game of match ups and I just think this Cleveland team matches up well with what the Celtics want to do on both ends. And they've got excellent depth. I actually think Boston may match up better w GSW than the Cavs would, should they somehow get to the Finals. Neither one is beating the Warriors but I believe Cleveland could be barely competitive and get routed.

tredigs
05-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Hold on, bruh. IKH is right. You can't be calling the Cavs trash all the time and saying they're weak but then call it a choke job if the Cavs don't win in 5.

Tre been playin' the political game like a mfer on these playoff matchups. :laugh2:

No no, I started before the year saying the Celtics were the clear favorites to take the East (before both injuries), which would have been correct by the way.

Then when the Raps went off I was fooled (like most, including Vegas) into thinking they could take the Cavs down. Granted, I wasn't too confident in the Raps after the playoffs started, but the Cavs realistically should not have made round 2. So, let's not toot our horns too much now Cavs fans.

In this series? It's one of the weakest ECF seeds talent wise imaginable. Total dream scenario for Cleveland. That said, I know Boston will play them tough, because they're the tougher, smarter team. They just don't have the talent (barring a choke job of course).

AntiG
05-11-2018, 03:13 PM
No no, I started before the year saying the Celtics were the clear favorites to take the East (before both injuries), which would have been correct by the way.

Then when the Raps went off I was fooled (like most, including Vegas) into thinking they could take the Cavs down. Granted, I wasn't too confident in the Raps after the playoffs started, but the Cavs realistically should not have made round 2. So, let's not toot our horns too much now Cavs fans.

In this series? It's one of the weakest ECF seeds talent wise imaginable. Total dream scenario for Cleveland. That said, I know Boston will play them tough, because they're the tougher, smarter team. They just don't have the talent (barring a choke job of course).

Boston is actually the superior roster even with all of the injuries, except for the fact that Cleveland has Lebron, who is worth like an entire starting lineup lol.

Forever35
05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
If the C's can keep the score close late in the 4th, anything is possible... Having homecourt the first 2 games is great though...

Bostonjorge
05-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Sucks that Brown is hobbled by a injury. I wanted to see him get his crack at guarding James in a key matchup.

Tatum keeps surprising me. Since Duke he just keeps climbing to the top of stacked teams. Heís officially the truth(Pierce). I remember the wars Pierce had with James. Tatum is going to be the series X factor. When heís on not even James will slow him down.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 04:17 PM

He goes hard

ewing
05-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Boston is actually the superior roster even with all of the injuries, except for the fact that Cleveland has Lebron, who is worth like an entire starting lineup lol.

LeBron counts

goingfor28
05-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Cavs in 5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dade County
05-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Lbj should be able to win this series 4-0. But will he.

ohreally
05-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Making too much of the Raps series and too little of the Pacers series. OK, canít really presume a close out game, but if Lebron had been called for goaltending as the league said he should have been, Indiana may well have won in 6.

Wasnít all that long ago, and Love is who the Celts will focus on.

Cavs probably win, but itís not the cakewalk itís being made out to be.

COOLbeans
05-11-2018, 08:12 PM

I agree with this. And Iím giving the Celtics a strong chance to win the series barring superhuman final shot type possessions from Lebron. Or a game 6 in Cleveland with Cavs up up in the series.

numba1CHANGsta
05-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Both teams suck so therefore both teams will lose

ewing
05-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Both teams suck so therefore both teams will lose

I think this will be the best series of the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nastynice
05-11-2018, 10:03 PM
I look at lebron in the east similar to how I saw George St Pierre in ufc during his prime. Not gonna bet against him until i actually see him lose

nastynice
05-11-2018, 10:05 PM
We can go blow for blow with...the...Warriors

Bro! Stop acting like a philly fan!

Cís have been damn impressive, but weíre at least 1-2 years away from being able to say that

Bostonjorge
05-11-2018, 10:20 PM
I think this will be the best series of the playoffs

I think so to. Cavs looked unbeatable against Toronto but looked almost finished against Indiana before James hit that game winner.

For the third straight series Boston is the underdog. They took down a Greek freak and a QB named Drew Bledsoe. Then took down the scariest combo in Simmons and Embiid. Now they get a chance at a King for the throne.

Scoots
05-11-2018, 11:00 PM
I think the best matchup for both western teams is for the Cavs to advance.

Warriors Cavs IV

ewing
05-11-2018, 11:21 PM
I think the best matchup for both western teams is for the Cavs to advance.

Warriors Cavs IV

Donít think it matters but Iíd rather Boston if I was GS or Houston

numba1CHANGsta
05-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Cavs and Celtics are nothing but a bunch of choir boys compared to the Warriors and Rockets

tredigs
05-12-2018, 12:40 AM

Lol, adorable take. K Love would be the Celts best player and leader TOMORROW if they switched teams. If you guys don't get by now that Bron limits stars, well, you need help understanding this game.

tredigs
05-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Cavs and Celtics are nothing but a bunch of choir boys compared to the Warriors and Rockets

This is also true.

LOb0
05-12-2018, 01:08 AM

I agree with the Warriors part. I think Bron could LeGod mode past Houston.

tredigs
05-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Lol, they would win in 5 (if lucky) by an average of 15. I'm hoping you don't get a chance to see it. This Bron **** hits the fan when he faces a real team aka the West.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2018, 02:28 AM
celtics in 7... stevens will work his magic against lebron... i love lebron but i cant just put away how bad the cavs looked against the pacers and before.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2018, 02:30 AM
Lol, adorable take. K Love would be the Celts best player and leader TOMORROW if they switched teams. If you guys don't get by now that Bron limits stars, well, you need help understanding this game.

jesus christ you never stop lol... you cry about how bad the cavs are but then if they lose will scream choke job against a deeper better team and now kevin love would be the celtics best current player... gtfo.

Jamiecballer
05-12-2018, 05:28 AM
Lol, adorable take. K Love would be the Celts best player and leader TOMORROW if they switched teams. If you guys don't get by now that Bron limits stars, well, you need help understanding this game.Pretty much. At least on the offensive end.

Tg11
05-12-2018, 08:08 AM
If Stevens works his magic and we somehow win this series it can't even be called an upset. However, we are underdogs and I like that we are underdogs. No one gave us a prayer against Milwaukee or even against Philly but we managed to get by both teams and we did that without Kyrie/Hayward. Our young guys have the belief and the never say die no quit attitude that I like more than anything else. Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum are gonna be stars in this league.

Vee-Rex
05-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Well said.

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:47 AM
If Stevens works his magic and we somehow win this series it can't even be called an upset. However, we are underdogs and I like that we are underdogs. No one gave us a prayer against Milwaukee or even against Philly but we managed to get by both teams and we did that without Kyrie/Hayward. Our young guys have the belief and the never say die no quit attitude that I like more than anything else. Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum are gonna be stars in this league.

I think Tatum is the only star of the bunch but the others are good too

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Sucks that Brown is hobbled by a injury. I wanted to see him get his crack at guarding James in a key matchup.

Tatum keeps surprising me. Since Duke he just keeps climbing to the top of stacked teams. Heís officially the truth(Pierce). I remember the wars Pierce had with James. Tatum is going to be the series X factor. When heís on not even James will slow him down.

I thought of the Tatum PP comparison for the first time the other day. Almost made a thread to see what people thought of it.

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Celtic will sweep and then everyone will say ďbut LeBron was triedĒ like he is the only guy that has been playing basketball all year

prodigy
05-12-2018, 10:20 AM
My Celtics if we were at full strength with Kyrie and Hayward then I would say that this series goes 7 games with us winning it.

I completely disagree with this. I watched a lot of haywood over the years. He's the most overrated player i've seen in awhile. I love Brown and Tatum MUCH more. He's a solid scorer who often disappears, Bad defender, Below avg rebounder for his size, not a good passer etc... I think the Celtics will have some moves to make in the off-season. Rozier will want a starting role and neither Brown or Tatum should be benched for Gordon.

prodigy
05-12-2018, 10:22 AM

I agree with this,. Warriors cheated 2 years ago when they got Durant. so ya congrats to them. They had the best record ever, 3 HOF'ers and needed to cry on the phone to get Durant so they could beat lebron.

IKnowHoops
05-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Celtic will sweep and then everyone will say ďbut LeBron was triedĒ like he is the only guy that has been playing basketball all year

Wanna bet

ewing
05-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Wanna bet

Whatís the bet? Iíll bet when they lose you use the LeBron was tried excuse

krazylegz
05-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Whatís the bet? Iíll bet when they lose your use the LeBron was tried excuse

whats your app of choice on how ill take your money.....venmo? cash app? square cash?...i have all three so either works

ewing
05-12-2018, 01:14 PM
whats your app of choice on how ill take your money.....venmo? cash app? square cash?...i have all three so either works

You canít even spell crazy

krazylegz
05-12-2018, 01:22 PM
You canít even spell crazy

no,but seriously...i really wanna shake you for your lunch money....you seem like an easy mark

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 01:42 PM
ewing has no money. the only thing he can pay you with is his old food stamp vouchers

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 01:47 PM
I completely disagree with this. I watched a lot of haywood over the years. He's the most overrated player i've seen in awhile. I love Brown and Tatum MUCH more. He's a solid scorer who often disappears, Bad defender, Below avg rebounder for his size, not a good passer etc... I think the Celtics will have some moves to make in the off-season. Rozier will want a starting role and neither Brown or Tatum should be benched for Gordon.

Why are Brown or Tatum getting benched for Gordon? I would expect all 3 of them to start next year. You know, the same lineup we had on opening day this year.

bagwell368
05-12-2018, 01:52 PM
I thought of the Tatum PP comparison for the first time the other day. Almost made a thread to see what people thought of it.

Please. Tatum is a better shooter than PP ever was. When Stevens helps/encourages Tatum to build out his passing game, he'll exceed PP easily, since it was year 9 of PP's career before played D as well/better then Tatum does now. Also PP was very inept at the end of quarters in iso, Tatum has him crushed in that already.

All that's left is how long Tatum plays at a high level, PP did the longevity thing well. Tatum will finish in the top 5 in MVP voting at least twice in his career, something he'll pound the crap out of PP on since PP did so very poorly on that front.

I had this opinion before game 10 of this year, and nothing I've seen since is proof of the contrary.

bagwell368
05-12-2018, 01:59 PM

If Hayward was playing all season, Tatum and Brown wouldn't be as good/experienced as they have become.

If Hayward came back 7 games before the playoffs, he'd be playing 20-24 MPG as a sub, and Morris would be sitting a lot more, can't see how that would hurt the C's for this Series.

I have thought occasionally that Hayward was overrated, but, Stevens goes way back with him, and I doubt DA would have gotten him for Stevens against Stevens wishes.

Stevens has gotten a lot out of a lot of his players, somehow I doubt he wouldn't have gotten pretty damn good from Hayward this year.

ewing
05-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Please. Tatum is a better shooter than PP ever was. When Stevens helps/encourages Tatum to build out his passing game, he'll exceed PP easily, since it was year 9 of PP's career before played D as well/better then Tatum does now. Also PP was very inept at the end of quarters in iso, Tatum has him crushed in that already.

All that's left is how long Tatum plays at a high level, PP did the longevity thing well. Tatum will finish in the top 5 in MVP voting at least twice in his career, something he'll pound the crap out of PP on since PP did so very poorly on that front.

I had this opinion before game 10 of this year, and nothing I've seen since is proof of the contrary.

No offense but I like him less now

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 02:04 PM

No statistic supports that argument. Tatum is a fine young player but you have no evidence to say he's a better shooter than PP ever was. You also ignore the fact that Tatum grew up shooting threes. Paul Pierce grew up in the mid-range game and was one of very few to actually develop a decent three point shot at his position. Once Celtics had their big three, PP's efficiency went up.

prodigy
05-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Why are Brown or Tatum getting benched for Gordon? I would expect all 3 of them to start next year. You know, the same lineup we had on opening day this year.

I guess you could but they will get out rebounded every game and bullied. Gordon ur PF? Gordon is small for a PF and he plays even smaller then his size. Tatum maybe if he bulks up in off-season but IDK if you want him gaining that kind of weight. I understand the NBA is changing but thats too small.

prodigy
05-12-2018, 02:23 PM
If Hayward came back 7 games before the playoffs, he'd be playing 20-24 MPG as a sub, and Morris would be sitting a lot more, can't see how that would hurt the C's for this Series.

Nobody said it would.

I have thought occasionally that Hayward was overrated, but, Stevens goes way back with him, and I doubt DA would have gotten him for Stevens against Stevens wishes.

I don't think Stevens thought Tatum and Brown would turn into what they are. Soon to be all-stars. Why else would he go after a SF and give them the max? But Stevens loves Hayward.

prodigy
05-12-2018, 02:29 PM

I like Tatum a lot, hes gonna be a very good player, i mean he already is. But Hes only taken like 10 shots a game. I need a larger sample and to see the adjustments he makes before i call him better then PP. Although i hate PP lol, he a great player.

PAOboston
05-12-2018, 03:28 PM
I guess you could but they will get out rebounded every game and bullied. Gordon ur PF? Gordon is small for a PF and he plays even smaller then his size. Tatum maybe if he bulks up in off-season but IDK if you want him gaining that kind of weight. I understand the NBA is changing but thats too small.I mean, Cs pretty much play small now. Rebounding isn't just about size. It's a team effort thing. And Cs have more than enough length and athleticism to be at least average the rebounding department.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Marcus Morris just said he's the best at guarding LeBron outside of Kawhi. Sorry, Celtics. You're done for now.

nastynice
05-12-2018, 03:47 PM
I agree with this,. Warriors cheated 2 years ago when they got Durant. so ya congrats to them. They had the best record ever, 3 HOF'ers and needed to cry on the phone to get Durant so they could beat lebron.

True but we only cheated because the Cavs cheated by teaming lebron up with kyrie and love, on the heels of them cheating theyíre way to like 5 top 4 picks, most of which they whiffed on.

Your cheating made us cry for kd, now our cheating is making you cry. Circle of life :)

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Marcus Morris just said he's the best at guarding LeBron outside of Kawhi. Sorry, Celtics. You're done for now.

Statistically he is. I remember when we got him the advanced stats show he plays him comparatively better than anyone. But small sample size and all that.

Heís our best bet probably. Olejeye is probably better but that lets Lebron sleep on defense. Morrisí physical profile and ability to draw Lebrons attention on defense make him our best bet IMO.

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Statistically he is. I remember when we got him the advanced stats show he plays him comparatively better than anyone. But small sample size and all that.

Heís our best bet probably. Olejeye is probably better but that lets Lebron sleep on defense. Morrisí physical profile and ability to draw Lebrons attention on defense make him our best bet IMO.

Even if he is, it's going to make LeBron more motivated and that's not what Celtics want.

PAOboston
05-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Even if he is, it's going to make LeBron more motivated and that's not what Celtics want.I mean, I don't see how that is possible at this point in the season. LeBron will gets his the series. Like it's a forgone conclusion imo. He's probably going to average 30+ ppg. And I think Cs will live with that as long as they limit the CLE role players.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Even if he is, it's going to make LeBron more motivated and that's not what Celtics want.

Lol itís the playoffs. Lebron is fully motivated. Nothing anyone says is going to make a difference other than maybe in a blowout he pours it on instead of coasting to embarrass someone. But in terms of actually affecting a game up for grabs thereís no such thing as ďextra motivatedĒ lol

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Lol itís the playoffs. Lebron is fully motivated. Nothing anyone says is going to make a difference other than maybe in a blowout he pours it on instead of coasting to embarrass someone. But in terms of actually affecting a game up for grabs thereís no such thing as ďextra motivatedĒ lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNXw1gKt-o

That was when Cavs were 3-1. People take things more personally if they are directly mentioned. Paul Pierce tried the same thing saying he wanted to guard lebron because he knew how to defend him. Lebron drops 49. I'm not sure why you speak for Lebron when evidence shows he takes it personally.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 06:03 PM

That was when Cavs were 3-1. People take things more personally if they are directly mentioned. Paul Pierce tried the same thing saying he wanted to guard lebron because he knew how to defend him. Lebron drops 49. I'm not sure why you speak for Lebron when evidence shows he takes it personally.

You really think Lebron doesnít give 100% to win unless someone talks trash to him?

He gets to do his thing postgame when he makes people look bad but itís foolish to think it impacts anything on the court.

smith&wesson
05-12-2018, 06:59 PM
If the Celtics reach the finals with out two of their best players what should they do?

This is an interesting situation. I donít remember the last time a team made it to the conference finals with out two of their best players in the rotation. With Rozier & Tatum playing at such a high level do they deserve the keys to the car so to speak ?

R. Johnson#3
05-12-2018, 07:12 PM
If I'm the Celtics I'm keeping both of them whether they reach the finals or not. Not to discredit how Rozier is playing but he's not Kyrie Irving and he never will be. Marcus Smart is a FA and if it came down to him or Rozier I can only imagine they'd go with Rozier. Gordon Hayward will be the starting 3 next year and Jayson Tatum is going to be winning the 6th man award.

Jeffy25
05-12-2018, 07:17 PM
If I'm the Celtics I'm keeping both of them whether they reach the finals or not. Not to discredit how Rozier is playing but he's not Kyrie Irving and he never will be. Marcus Smart is a FA and if it came down to him or Rozier I can only imagine they'd go with Rozier. Gordon Hayward will be the starting 3 next year and Jayson Tatum is going to be winning the 6th man award.

I think their rotation next year will actually be:

1. Irving
2. Brown
3. Hayward
4. Tatum
5. Horford

With a bench rotation of
1. Rozier
2. Bird
3. Nader
4. Morris
5. Baynes

Of course, they'll likely beef up the 2/3 slot on the bench in the off-season with Smart chasing cash.

I still think they could create a package for Anthony Davis or K. Leonard built around Brown and picks and maybe Horford. Though, I think they love Horford because he's such a good system guy.

Personally, I'd figure out how to make Leonard their 2 and move Brown in a package.

Jeffy25
05-12-2018, 07:18 PM

1. Irving
2. Brown
3. Hayward
4. Tatum
5. Horford

With a bench rotation of
1. Rozier
2. Bird
3. Nader
4. Morris
5. Baynes

Of course, they'll likely beef up the 2/3 slot on the bench in the off-season with Smart chasing cash.

I still think they could create a package for Anthony Davis or K. Leonard built around Brown and picks and maybe Horford. Though, I think they love Horford because he's such a good system guy.

Personally, I'd figure out how to make Leonard their 2 and move Brown in a package.

I think this is a really great team, who can and would win the East if healthy without much issue. We've seen that Tatum is a legit, high ceiling player and a player for them to build around. Putting Hayward next to him for the foreseeable future is going to be scary.

If anything, trading Kyrie could be an attractive option for a player they can lock up longer term.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 07:29 PM
The Celtics opening day lineup, people forget, actually was the lineup Jeffy posted. Granted, it was supposed to be Morris in Tatum's place but he was injured to start the year. But Tatum was going to be a top reserve and there's no reason to think he wouldn't have excelled to take that spot from Morris for the long haul.

Anyway, here's a post I made in out forum looking ahead to what we can do this offseason:

The only star player who looks to potentially be moving this year is KL. Tatum to me has to be off the table in trade discussions at this point. Kid looks like an absolute STAR in the making. He's a guy I'd gamble on panning out big time. Hold onto him. Yes, I understand that KL is the caliber of player we're hoping that Tatum becomes but with Tatum you get a longer window, more salary flexibility in the next couple of years and less uncertainty with that weird situation.

Now, I think everything else we have should be on the table for him. I love Brown but again, KL is the caliber of player we want Brown to be. Brown is one of my favorite players because of his intensity and drive but I'd be lying if I said that I think he'll ever be as good as KL is. Rozier is having an amazing stretch but guys have balled out for a playoff run before and regressed. I like him but I'm not sold that this is necessarily the beginning of things to come with him. The LAL/SAC and MEM picks are lottery tickets. Morris is a nice bench guy but very replaceable. Semi and Theis looks like good rotation pieces on dirt cheap deals but not core pieces, just 20 minutes a night type guys. I still see upside in Yabusele even if he didn't play much this year.

All of those are players/prospects/picks that I'd rather have than not but KL is a top 5 player in the game so if you can consolidate some combination of them into KL then have to do it if you're Ainge IMO.

But anyway, as-is we're already pretty well set going into next year even without a "big move" for a superstar.

Kyrie / Rozier
Brown
Hayward / Semi / Nader
Tatum / Morris / Yabusele
Horford / Theis

Combined salary of those 11 guys is $107,340,664. The luxury tax line is expected to be about $123M, which gives us $15,659,366 of spending room under the tax. This is NOT cap space so it's not like we can just get whatever we want. But it does leave room for some depth improvements without hurting Wyc's wallet too much.

Not sure how 2 way deals work so maybe Jabari Bird and Kadeem Allen are under team control too.

We also have a 1st round pick at #27. The rookie scale amount for that pick is $1,367,000 and he'll get 120% of it like all rookies do, which totals up to $1,640,400.

We have bird rights on Smart that let us pay him anything up to the max. Remember, for tax purposes it's the first year salary that counts. So if he gets $10M year but it's backloaded so he has a salary of $8M next year, it's the $8M that counts for the tax.

We have non-bird rights on Baynes that let us pay him up to 120% of this year's salary with 5% annual raises off of that. Off of his $4.378M salary this year that comes out to $5.1936M, which is essentially the equivalent of a taxpayer's MLE deal (see below).

We have the actual MLE. If we cheap out in other areas we can use the full amount (was $8.406M last year and should go up a small percentage this year). If we go over the luxury tax we're reduced to the tax payer's MLE which was $5.192M and will similarly have a percentage increase this year.

We also have the bi-annual exception, which was $3.29M last year and will also see a percentage increase.

Then of course we have minimum deals.

We're going to have to go hard into the tax when Kyrie's extension comes due next year. Heck, even if we let him walk to keep Rozier instead at a cheaper number we're still looking at the tax. Fortunately, as Brown and Tatum come due for extensions Horford and Hayward expire so we get some offset there to still be in the tax but not have to keep going deeper and deeper into it.

With the repeater tax penalties I think it behooves us to stay under the tax for one more year. Should be very doable. Might come down to a Smart vs. Morris decision depending on what we do otherwise (i.e. if we just keep Smart but let Baynes go than Morris can probably stay). I like Morris for the physical toughness and difficult shot making ability he brings. The latter, as Oakmont has pointed out, might become more marginalized with Kyrie/Hayward back though. I don't think he's going to be valued much higher than his current MLE type salary though which makes him a candidate to keep long-term though as reasonably priced and system-familiar depth.

There's also the possibility of smaller trades - doesn't have to be Leonard. I mentioned Myles Turner earlier. His development seems to have stalled in IND and they have Sabonis who they like at the 5. Maybe they love Rozier (they wanted him in the rumored PG talks last year and he would seem to be a great fit next to Oladipo as a capable on ball/off ball PG on offense and good on ball defender). Turner is the type of shot blocking while also 3 point shooting center I think Stevens would love. Turner is an RFA like Rozier next year. While it might not make sense for us to pay Rozier because we have Kyrie it might not make sense for them to sign him since they like Sabonis better. We have no young long-term center and they have no young long-term starting PG. So maybe there's a match there. With Turner being a FA it might be too much payroll stress for us.

Another intriguing name for me is Dewayne Dedmon in ATL. He brings the defense/rebounding Baynes does except he also has a consistent 3 point shot. Baynes is showing it a little bit lately but Dedmon did it a full year and is a legit threat from there now. Salary wise he makes $6.3M next year if he takes his player option - Yabu/Nader would work salary wise. I think he'd be a really good fit here that we could probably get for spare parts and non-premium picks. Basically consolidate some back of the roster pieces into legit rotation pieces that improve us.

We need to always be on the lookout for the next "big move" because star power wins out in the NBA but we have a good amount of it and some potential for it. We have a deep roster of role players too. So it's just a matter of making the pieces fit right long-term salary wise and on court. Lots of options for us to make moves - big, medium or small.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Id trade kyrie before Id trade brown and I was never a brown guy... I am not saying brown will be a better player in this league than kyrie is right now but I am saying he is better in the celtics system because of his 2 way play and that could lead to much more success next to a guy like KL or Tatum or both over the next couple of years. Kyrie and a pick probably gets you KL because for whatever reason everyone loves Kyries overrated ***.

Jeffy25
05-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Would the Spurs honestly say no to a Irving and Lakers/Kings 2019 pick for KL?

My only issue is, who is really going to run point for the Celtics?

I like Hugepats post, and that made the most sense.

Dade County
05-12-2018, 07:54 PM
If the Celtics reach the finals with out two of their best players

Scripted

PAOboston
05-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Barkley picked the Cavs. Cs in 6.

BostonBoy
05-12-2018, 08:18 PM
No statistic supports that argument. Tatum is a fine young player but you have no evidence to say he's a better shooter than PP ever was. You also ignore the fact that Tatum grew up shooting threes. Paul Pierce grew up in the mid-range game and was one of very few to actually develop a decent three point shot at his position. Once Celtics had their big three, PP's efficiency went up.

Actually, there are quite a few statistics that support what heís saying.

Outside of the 2010-2011 season, Tatum had a better season shooting in his rookie year than Pierce really ever had. Just so you can see:

2017-2018 Jayson Tatum: .475/.434/.826

Big 3 Era
2007-2008 Paul Pierce: .464/.392/.843
2008-2009 Paul Pierce: .457/.391/.830
2009-2010 Paul Pierce: .472/.414/.852

Keep in mind, weíre basically comparing peak Paul Pierce to rookie Jayson Tatum as a 19-20 year old.

If you want to argue volume, fine. But the stats definitely back up that Tatum is a better shooter than Paul and so does the eye test as well. Weíll see what volume does to those numbers at some point Iím sure, but I think Tatum could be a 50/40/90 guy or close to it on a pretty high volume of shots during his peak.

Iíve posted this before in the Celtics forums but the Pierce comparison is off base. Heís actually closer to Bird than Pierce in my opinion. For the record, thatís not saying he IS Bird, heíll just be somewhere in between the two and I think closer to Bird as he develops his passing game (which showed serious flashes this year).

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 08:25 PM
I'm really in on BOS pursuing Kawhi and part of the reason is that the back of our roster is super intriguing, particularly with Stevens doing the developing. I think we can replace depth with internal development.

Everyone obviously knows about Hayward/Kyrie being out but we're also without a 3rd rotation guy - Daniel Theis. Not many here probably know much and I don't want to get carried away - he's a bit player - but I really like him as a backup big. He was really good in his 15 minutes per game before getting hurt (per 36 averages of 13 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal). He's got a respectable outside shot for a big and at the same time is pretty "switchable" on defense. That's a really nice all around game. I don't mean that he's some diamond in the rough who could do that over 36 minutes but just that he contributes a lot in limited minutes. He'll be a welcome addition off the bench.

Semi Ojeleye is a guy that's playing now. Stevens has said he's already an elite defender and I think that's legit. The guy is a flat out monster on that end. He has an OK 3 point shot at times - inconsistent overall though so only 32% on the year. In college he showed good shooting ability though. If he can just be a consistent 35-38% outside shooter then I think you're talking about a real solid rotation player. And I think that's doable with his track record in college and figuring that with more consistent playing time he'll settle in a bit more.

Guershon Yabusele was a #16 pick in 2016. He played a year in China and then spent most of the year in the G-League as a rookie this year. He's a heavy dude but nicknamed "Dancing Bear" because he has super quick feet despite his size. He's an intriguing prospect. Supposedly, before the Knicks dealt Willy Hernangomez to CHA they asked BOS for Yabu and Ainge turned them down. Last year there was some ESPN list that had him as one of the top foreign NBA prospects. Going forward he's not someone we'll necessarily count on but he's got some intriguing upside as a stretch 4/5 with the feet to defend in today's game.

Jabari Bird was a 2nd rounder that signed a 2 way deal last year. He got the chance to play at the end of the year with 20+ minutes in 3 of our final 4 games and looked really solid. Obviously there's a long way before we talk about a consistent rotation guard but he's someone I'd feel good about as 12th-15th man with developmental potential.

Abdel Nader is another young wing but honestly, I think he flat out sucks so I won't mention him lol.

Stevens being such a great coach gives me confidence in our ability to get good run out of these type of guys is my point though. So if you could land a Kawhi type player for Brown, Rozier and Morris to match salaries (with pick(s) attached) I feel confident in our ability to replace the depth lost with a 3 rotation players for 1 deal like that. I think that gives us good options heading into the offseason to make a big deal. And short of making a big deal I think we have the pieces to turn a couple of those young back of the roster guys into a solid middle of the roster guy type consolidation trade acquisition too.

FlashBolt
05-12-2018, 08:25 PM
You really think Lebron doesnít give 100% to win unless someone talks trash to him?

He gets to do his thing postgame when he makes people look bad but itís foolish to think it impacts anything on the court.

Thanks, LeBron.

ewing
05-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Actually, there are quite a few statistics that support what heís saying.

Outside of the 2010-2011 season, Tatum had a better season shooting in his rookie year than Pierce really ever had. Just so you can see:

2017-2018 Jayson Tatum: .475/.434/.826

Big 3 Era
2007-2008 Paul Pierce: .464/.392/.843
2008-2009 Paul Pierce: .457/.391/.830
2009-2010 Paul Pierce: .472/.414/.852

Keep in mind, weíre basically comparing peak Paul Pierce to rookie Jayson Tatum as a 19-20 year old.

If you want to argue volume, fine. But the stats definitely back up that Tatum is a better shooter than Paul and so does the eye test as well. Weíll see what volume does to those numbers at some point Iím sure, but I think Tatum could be a 50/40/90 guy or close to it on a pretty high volume of shots during his peak.

Iíve posted this before in the Celtics forums but the Pierce comparison is off base. Heís actually closer to Bird than Pierce in my opinion. For the record, thatís not saying he IS Bird, heíll just be somewhere in between the two and I think closer to Bird as he develops his passing game (which showed serious flashes this year).

Im sorry I brought it up

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Yeah Tatum's SKILLS totally floored me this year. I think he's going to be a flat out stud player. I emphasize skills because a coach like Stevens can make you more productive/efficient by hiding you and putting you in spots to succeed. But he can't grant you the skills/ability to do things that you aren't able to. Tatum has a total package of skills. The only skill he doesn't have from what I see is 3 point shooting off the dribble - still a spot up guy from deep. But everything else I think he can do and I expect he'll continue to develop those abilities further.

Pierce is a HOFer obviously so those are pretty lofty standards. But from what I've seen with Tatum I anticipate him being better, even with such a high bar. Obviously there's projection there but it's legitimately what I think.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Thanks, LeBron.

You keep firing off this sassy little remark about how I'm speaking like I'm Lebron for saying he doesn't need trash talk to try his hardest when you're doing the same exact same thing... speaking for him to say that he doesn't try his best unless he's trash talked. The sassy little comeback applies as much to you as me. So thanks, Lebron.

ewing
05-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Yeah Tatum's SKILLS totally floored me this year. I think he's going to be a flat out stud player. I emphasize skills because a coach like Stevens can make you more productive/efficient by hiding you and putting you in spots to succeed. But he can't grant you the skills/ability to do things that you aren't able to. Tatum has a total package of skills. The only skill he doesn't have from what I see is 3 point shooting off the dribble - still a spot up guy from deep. But everything else I think he can do and I expect he'll continue to develop those abilities further.

Pierce is a HOFer obviously so those are pretty lofty standards. But from what I've seen with Tatum I anticipate him being better, even with such a high bar. Obviously there's projection there but it's legitimately what I think.

Honestly I thought you guys would have more respect for PP. Iím not saying Tatum has no chance at being better but right now he isnít in the same Ball Park. The comparison was intended as a compliment

PAOboston
05-12-2018, 08:43 PM
I'm the belief the C's will not make any major moves this off-season and will stay relatively pat.

I do believe they will bring Smart back. I'm not sure anyone will really offer him a ton of money considering the lack of cap space out there (and if someone does they will eventually regret it). I find it likely they come to a relatively team friendly deal in the end.

Outside of Smart, Cs will just fill out the roster. Maybe bring Baynes back and possibly add some guard depth.

Everyone likes the sexy names but Cs are good at player development and considering where they are salary wise, I think they just develop their projects like Yabusele and Ojeleye along with the blue chip players in Brown and Tatum.

Getting back Hayward will be like adding a new FA too. Because it will be adding an all star SF to your lineup. Cause he a really good player.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Honestly I thought you guys would have more respect for PP. Iím not saying Tatum has no chance at being better but right now he isnít in the same Ball Park. The comparison was intended as a compliment

I absolutely take it as a compliment. Pierce is a HOFer. I've noticed that Bags sort of has it out for Pierce because he's seen a lot of Celtics players he (fairly) ranks much higher so Pierce getting thrown up there with them sort of ticks him off.

As much as I love Pierce though he had some real flaws. He didn't commit to defense until he got older (I get that he played for bad teams but him not being a fully committed defender played a role in that). He was emotionally immature when he was younger too and would often let emotions get the best of him. Before the KG era Celtics he was at 44% from the floor and 36% from 3. That's very good but not super efficient.

Sign me up 10 times out of 10 for a player as good as Paul Pierce. That would be awesome if Tatum is that good. Home run pick. I just genuinely see more "tools in the toolshed" from a skills perspective and a better head on his shoulders at a young age than I do with Pierce looking back. So I do think he can be better.

BostonBoy
05-12-2018, 09:09 PM

Itís no disrespect to PP. He was a great player for a long time and itís certainly a great thing for Celtics fans to be putting Tatum and Pierce in the same breath right now.

I think your issue is sample size. You need to see Tatum repeatedly do it consistently over a longer period of time. Iím with you in that sense but feel like I also understand what Iím looking at long term with Tatum. You can see the greatness, he just needs to reach it (heís already good).

Itíll be interesting to see if the Cavs put LeBron on him in this series and exactly how he responds to that challenge. I feel like this is where he hits his wall this year.

COOLbeans
05-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Itís no disrespect to PP. He was a great player for a long time and itís certainly a great thing for Celtics fans to be putting Tatum and Pierce in the same breath right now.

I think your issue is sample size. You need to see Tatum repeatedly do it consistently over a longer period of time. Iím with you in that sense but feel like I also understand what Iím looking at long term with Tatum. You can see the greatness, he just needs to reach it (heís already good).

Itíll be interesting to see if the Cavs put LeBron on him in this series and exactly how he responds to that challenge. I feel like this is where he hits his wall this year.

Yea I a guy like Pierce seemed to always deliver when the Cs needed him. And also scored consistently from wherever.

Tatum showed me something in the playoffs. And if he can do it for 5-10 more years at an even higher level, then Iíd say heís as good as it better than PP

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Me issue isnít sample size. My issue is that he is 14 and 5 guy that has never been ask to or put a team on his back. I see the skills and potential to be a guy that can score from everywhere but right now he is a rookie with one 14 and 5 season under his belt, no experience being game planned for, depenanted on, doubled, etc. Again I am comparing the two bc I think this kid can be special but I also think you guys are jumping the gun

ewing
05-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Donít make me root for LeBron guys

hugepatsfan
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Me issue isnít sample size. My issue is that he is 14 and 5 guy that has never been ask to or put a team on his back. I see the skills and potential to be a guy that can score from everywhere but right now he is a rookie with one 14 and 5 season under his belt. Again I am comparing the two bc I think this kid can be special but I also think you guys are jumping the gun

It's just prediction and projection. You don't need to see someone do something to predict they will. That's not prediction or projection at that point - it's evaluation. I could be wrong but I really see a special future for Tatum. Longevity is really tough to predict but from the skills and mindset I see with Tatum compared to what I saw with Pierce I predict/project that he's going to have a better peak. But obviously time will tell. He could fail to progress or even regress next year and maybe I'll change. Right now though it's what I see.

There's nothing wrong with prediction and projection. You don't have to always wait to actually see something - you can predict it before hand. That's really what makes teams great. No one could definitively say that Kawhi Leonard would be as good as George Hill for example. But SA made an informed projection/prediction and it probably led them to a title they don't get without the deal. That's just an example. If you're a GM and you always wait for things to prove themselves your team is going to suck because all the GMs that project and get it right will have better teams. Nothing wrong with having that mindset as a fan too of going out on a limb and projecting the future. Great thing is we don't even get fired for being wrong like real GMs! lol

Like you said you see special potential with Tatum. Nothing wrong with projecting what that potential will ultimately lead to. You might be wrong but who cares.

ewing
05-12-2018, 10:07 PM
It's just prediction and projection. You don't need to see someone do something to predict they will. That's not prediction or projection at that point - it's evaluation. I could be wrong but I really see a special future for Tatum. Longevity is really tough to predict but from the skills and mindset I see with Tatum compared to what I saw with Pierce I predict/project that he's going to have a better peak. But obviously time will tell. He could fail to progress or even regress next year and maybe I'll change. Right now though it's what I see.

There's nothing wrong with prediction and projection. You don't have to always wait to actually see something - you can predict it before hand. That's really what makes teams great. No one could definitively say that Kawhi Leonard would be as good as George Hill for example. But SA made an informed projection/prediction and it probably led them to a title they don't get without the deal. That's just an example. If you're a GM and you always wait for things to prove themselves your team is going to suck because all the GMs that project and get it right will have better teams. Nothing wrong with having that mindset as a fan too of going out on a limb and projecting the future. Great thing is we don't even get fired for being wrong like real GMs! lol

Like you said you see special potential with Tatum. Nothing wrong with projecting what that potential will ultimately lead to. You might be wrong but who cares.

I hear ya. Closer to Larry Bird is a bit of a jump and I think people are having a bit of a short memory about how good Peirce was. You are right though and I see star potential as well.

IKnowHoops
05-12-2018, 10:37 PM

Kawaii and Durant are the only guys that can even bother Bron.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2018, 11:29 PM
I would EASILY trade Kyrie/Hayward for a Kawhi Leonard.

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Trade Kyrie and Gordon for Kawhi and Parker

aman_13
05-12-2018, 11:31 PM
This team is so talented. Easily the favorites out of the East next season. I'd sell high on Brown though.

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2018, 11:31 PM
This team is so talented. Easily the favorites out of the East next season. I'd sell high on Brown though.

Lol theyíre a Anthony Davis away from being unstoppable

basch152
05-13-2018, 12:33 AM
Lol theyíre a Anthony Davis away from being unstoppable

you guys overrate names. sometimes just adding a name no matter how good wont improve a team that much.

even if this celtics team had a healthy kyrie and hayward, and somehow got anthony davis, theyd STILL be behind GS and maybe even the rockets.

IKnowHoops
05-13-2018, 12:40 AM

People can act like itís not real all they want. How many times have we seen Lance piss off Lebron and subsequently Bron will immediately go into overdrive and start to be so unrelenting.

IKnowHoops
05-13-2018, 12:43 AM

Nobody goes 100% all game, or really ever. Aka as fast and as hard as they can. But get extra physical with Bron, suddenly he is going 100% on every play hard and you have no chance to stop him because he has made his mind up. If you donít know this about Bron, then you arenít watching every game Lynsey he plays in as I am.

IKnowHoops
05-13-2018, 12:45 AM
I absolutely take it as a compliment. Pierce is a HOFer. I've noticed that Bags sort of has it out for Pierce because he's seen a lot of Celtics players he (fairly) ranks much higher so Pierce getting thrown up there with them sort of ticks him off.

As much as I love Pierce though he had some real flaws. He didn't commit to defense until he got older (I get that he played for bad teams but him not being a fully committed defender played a role in that). He was emotionally immature when he was younger too and would often let emotions get the best of him. Before the KG era Celtics he was at 44% from the floor and 36% from 3. That's very good but not super efficient.

Sign me up 10 times out of 10 for a player as good as Paul Pierce. That would be awesome if Tatum is that good. Home run pick. I just genuinely see more "tools in the toolshed" from a skills perspective and a better head on his shoulders at a young age than I do with Pierce looking back. So I do think he can be better.

Tatum isnít better than Paul Pierce. Could Tatum drop 40 on Bron right now? El naw

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 03:19 AM
you guys overrate names. sometimes just adding a name no matter how good wont improve a team that much.

even if this celtics team had a healthy kyrie and hayward, and somehow got anthony davis, theyd STILL be behind GS and maybe even the rockets.

If they got Davis for Brown, Horford and that 2019 pick....(the Pelicans would have to kick some bad salary back to the C's - Tony Allen would be perfect if they are allowed to move him)

1. Irving
2. Smart/Allen
3. Hayward
4. Tatum
5. Davis

With a bench rotation of
1. Rozier
2. Bird
3. Nader
4. Morris/Yab
5. Baynes

Other useful projects below

They would beat the Warriors. And they could probably upgrade over Smart at the 2 (maybe even get Bradley back?) I don't know the cap deal the C's have and what Bradley will command, just a speculation.

That is too lethal of a team.

ewing
05-13-2018, 03:55 AM
Nobody goes 100% all game, or really ever. Aka as fast and as hard as they can. But get extra physical with Bron, suddenly he is going 100% on every play hard and you have no chance to stop him because he has made his mind up. If you donít know this about Bron, then you arenít watching every game Lynsey he plays in as I am.

Why did you even to quote me?

Heediot
05-13-2018, 04:30 AM

I don't know. That's a lot of talent. They have the defensive players that can switch and a closer in Kyrie who GS respects a tonne. Davis is a legit number one option. Davis-Kyrie can keep up with KD and Curry offensively. Hayward and Horford can keep up with Klay and Dray. They still have the young guys and would be the deepest team in the league.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
AD
Horford

Rozier
Smart
Tatum
Morris
Baynes

They have more then enough fire power and a top defense. I think they have a legit shot at GS. Stevens is also like Pops, almost an extra player on the court lol.

Vee-Rex
05-13-2018, 08:31 AM
Donít make me root for LeBron guys

:laugh2: come to the dark side

Vee-Rex
05-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Sucks that this first game is on a mother's day afternoon.

:(

ewing
05-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Sucks that this first game is on a mother's day afternoon.

:(

Agreed. What a bunch of punks. Just make both game ones Sat games.

IKnowHoops
05-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Why did you even to quote me?

Accident

GoferKing_
05-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Celtics right now are playing great, because of the coach, and the fact that they are a TEAM. Would be much different with Kyrie around, he looks for his own shot to fill out stats. Gordon will fit right in but I would trade Kyrie.

Kyrie + something to NOP for Davies. Would be a uber deal for Boston.

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 12:30 PM
New.
Orleans.
Is.
Not.
Trading.
Anthony.
Davis.
To.
The.
Celtics.
Or.
To.
Anyone.
Else.

ewing
05-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Accident

No prob, just thought it was werid

warfelg
05-13-2018, 12:55 PM
I'm of the opinion that they should stand pat with that they have. Heyward only played about what...5 minutes? He's going to be an acquisition that doesn't cost them anything this offseason. Having Kyrie back will help as well.

What's going to take work and where Ainge is going to make his money this year is working the edges. What to do with Smart? How does he ensure he still has depth with the bigs? Do you move some better playing bench guys for more assets or do you hold onto them (mostly looking at Rozier, Morris)?

I think they know that with Heyward and Kyrie coming back they are at least 6 deep with starters (Heyward, Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Morris). On top of that they have at least 1 more that can be a part time starter (Baynes). Possibly another that could be there (Smart). And a guy coming off the hottest month in a while (Rozier).

Going outside of that for a trade means you are for sure losing some of that. Is it worth it, especially if it somewhat costs you with some of those other guys that help you? I argue it's not really worth it TBH.

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Tatum isnít better than Paul Pierce. Could Tatum drop 40 on Bron right now? El naw

No as a rookie he definitely isn't better than prime Pierce. Not at all the point I was making. I'm talking into the future. I really see bright things for Tatum.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Pierce. One of my favorite players ever. Legit HOFer obviously. But at the same time he isn't some God. He was never a top 5 player and honestly maybe not even a top 10 guy at any time. He wasn't ever a real MVP candidate. And as much as I love Pierce, let's remember that his HOF resume is probably more on longevity than it is peak. Let's say Pierce was a T-Mac or Grant Hill type scenario where the peak was really short - he probably wouldn't be looked at as a HOFer like those guys still are, just a really great player. I really think when we look back, peak to peak, Tatum can be better than Pierce.

Lebron has talked about what made Pierce so great was his footwork. With Tatum I see that type of footwork. The guy is unbelievable for a 19 year old. He's got a terrific head on his shoulders (Pierce was immature when he was younger, by comparison). But Tatum has athleticism Pierce never did. Pierce was 6'6"/6'7" while Tatum is 6'8"/6'9" (and supposedly still could grow another inch or two, like Paul George back when he came out). Tatum's wingspan is super long. One of the most impressive things with Tatum this year has been his rebounding too. He goes up strong when he's in position to. I think that's going to give him the ability to play extended minutes at the 4 where his handles, footwork on the perimeter and athleticism will all play up. I think that's going to be huge for him going forward.

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 01:21 PM
I'm of the opinion that they should stand pat with that they have. Heyward only played about what...5 minutes? He's going to be an acquisition that doesn't cost them anything this offseason. Having Kyrie back will help as well.

What's going to take work and where Ainge is going to make his money this year is working the edges. What to do with Smart? How does he ensure he still has depth with the bigs? Do you move some better playing bench guys for more assets or do you hold onto them (mostly looking at Rozier, Morris)?

I think they know that with Heyward and Kyrie coming back they are at least 6 deep with starters (Heyward, Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Morris). On top of that they have at least 1 more that can be a part time starter (Baynes). Possibly another that could be there (Smart). And a guy coming off the hottest month in a while (Rozier).

Going outside of that for a trade means you are for sure losing some of that. Is it worth it, especially if it somewhat costs you with some of those other guys that help you? I argue it's not really worth it TBH.

I think Morris could be gone. He brings two things to BOS - grittiness/switch-ability on defense and tough shot making ability on offense. He isn't efficient on offense, don't get me wrong, but with all the injuries we need someone that can at least get a shot off sometimes. Guys like Larkin, Ojeleye, Baynes all play for us so there's value in just getting a shot off sometimes.

The defensive stuff will still be valuable, but the offensive value will be less important next year. Once you add Hayward/Irving that's going to change rotations so more offensive talent is always on the floor. At that point Morris inefficient shot making goes from a necessary evil that it is now to a detriment.

One thing to keep in mind is the luxury tax. BOS is in good position to stay under it for one more year. I think they will try to do that to reduce the repeater tax later. It could essentially comes down to keeping 2/3 of Smart/Baynes/Morris when you break it down like I did in my post on the first page. So I think they'll dump Morris' modest $5M salary somewhere if they need to. Semi Ojeleye can replace (actually I'd say improve) the defensive value Morris brings and while he's way worse on offense that's marginalized with Kyrie/Hayward returning.

I do think that if BOS can make a move of Brown/Rozier/Morris/Yabu/pick(s) for Leonard they should do it though. Obviously if SA would want to keep an all star and go for Kyrie or Hayward too but seems unlikely as we've discussed before. Brown is due for an extension only one year later than KL so while it'd be a big payroll spike next year it isn't much of a difference long-term to swap those guys for one another. I think it'd be a good cash in of value.

Short of that or some other star on the block, I stay stand pat like you said.

JAZZNC
05-13-2018, 01:35 PM
I think if you cam get a deal done for KL or Davis involving Kyrie and a lottery pick/fillers you do it. That knee would worry me. And both of those guys are huge upgrades over Kyrie. I'd probably even throw Brown in as well. But that's just me.

warfelg
05-13-2018, 01:40 PM
I do think that if BOS can make a move of Brown/Rozier/Morris/Yabu/pick(s) for Leonard they should do it though. Obviously if SA would want to keep an all star and go for Kyrie or Hayward too but seems unlikely as we've discussed before. Brown is due for an extension only one year later than KL so while it'd be a big payroll spike next year it isn't much of a difference long-term to swap those guys for one another. I think it'd be a good cash in of value.

This is why I brought up the "at what cost" part.

That package I think costs Boston too much, and it hurts quite a bit of what makes them special. And if you do that you are forced to match on Smart IMO, which tightens things up. I get what you say with Larkin, Ojeleye, and Baynes, and I put Baynes as a part time starter; but how is Larkin, Ojeleye going to respond to more time? They are ok right now because they are used sparingly, but can they do that with an increase. What happens if/when Kyrie has injuries? What's the impact on the bigs.

I dunno. I keep landing on treat Heyward like he's the big offseason get, and think about how to message the roster to avoid that tax a bit longer.

europagnpilgrim
05-13-2018, 01:52 PM
If the Celtics reach the finals with out two of their best players what should they do?

This is an interesting situation. I donít remember the last time a team made it to the conference finals with out two of their best players in the rotation. With Rozier & Tatum playing at such a high level do they deserve the keys to the car so to speak ?

If the Celtics reach the Finals it will probably open the door as absolute that Bron leaves Cavs and being deja vu again for Bron as the Celts put him out in 10' series as well, leading to Bron taking his talents to South Beach, lightning seems to always strike twice or more in the nba and I can see this happening, highly

it would be great for storylines to go along with this banged up C's team making the Finals and now having the proper ammo to land A Davis / Leonard

I would try and make it a Irving / Davis / Horford / Hayward big four but if I cant get Davis and go for Leonard I am still good with Rozier / Horford / Leonard / Hayward in the East, don't think they would beat Warriors or Rockets but they would for sure be legit threats especially the way they execute and play with heart / passion and the coaching is on point

if C's aren't sure about Irving and his knee I would see what the Spurs and Pelicans are talking about, even Cousins would go well at the 5 and move Horford to the 4 to his natural spot

C's have a lot of options because don't I think they have a high pick coming in this draft which some said its the best since 03, about damn time

europagnpilgrim
05-13-2018, 02:00 PM
New.
Orleans.
Is.
Not.
Trading.
Anthony.
Davis.
To.
The.
Celtics.
Or.
To.
Anyone.
Else.

I feel this way to a certain degree, especially when I start think about how Alcindor / Jabbar got shipped away at his apex for basically a free gym membership posing as nba players, even Bron got quasi shipped away first round with Cavs as seeing Gilbert was incompetent for 7yrs and forced Bron's hand to jump ship as he couldn't get not 1 apex all star to team up with Bron, and though Jordan was aged and pushing 35 he still led Bulls to a 3peat and they told Jordan / Phil to kick rocks

don't think it will happen but if Davis has a chance to play in the East for legit title chance and is truly about winning then he will have to re consider what is going on in New Orleans, which outside of this season really wasn't much happening for them team contending wise, which I feel this year was a whatever it takes to try and appease Davis, after realizing he may want out after years of being incompetent and not able to surround him with proper pieces, he is like the Iverson of his era when it comes to org. not being able to build talent around their superstar franchise piece

I don't think Pelicans should trade a talent premier player at his apex, but they are incompetent for a reason and that's why I wouldn't put it pass me that they might trade him for the right offer, getting 2 - 3 good players and picks are a fortune in todays trade climate

europagnpilgrim
05-13-2018, 02:04 PM
I think if you cam get a deal done for KL or Davis involving Kyrie and a lottery pick/fillers you do it. That knee would worry me. And both of those guys are huge upgrades over Kyrie. I'd probably even throw Brown in as well. But that's just me.

Irving / Brown for Davis, in a heartbeat

Irving / Brown for Leonard, in a NY minute

that's not just you, that is basic basketball 101 when building a contender, which is called common(international) sense

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 02:29 PM
This is why I brought up the "at what cost" part.

That package I think costs Boston too much, and it hurts quite a bit of what makes them special. And if you do that you are forced to match on Smart IMO, which tightens things up. I get what you say with Larkin, Ojeleye, and Baynes, and I put Baynes as a part time starter; but how is Larkin, Ojeleye going to respond to more time? They are ok right now because they are used sparingly, but can they do that with an increase. What happens if/when Kyrie has injuries? What's the impact on the bigs.

I dunno. I keep landing on treat Heyward like he's the big offseason get, and think about how to message the roster to avoid that tax a bit longer.

It wouldn't be more minutes for them though. The rotation these playoffs have been:

Rozier / Larkin
Brown / Smart
Tatum / Ojeleye
Horford / Morris
Baynes / Monroe

Irving comes back and replaces Rozier (upgrade). Leonard replaces Brown (upgrade). Hayward replaces Morris (upgrade). Theis comes back to replace Monroe (I think upgrade because of play style). Baynes brought back on non Bird rights. Smart probably let go to stay under the tax and replaced with a MLE guy (downgrade). Ojeleye and Larkin would be in the same roles minutes wise just surrounded by better players.

BOS's third unit would be compromised but when you're a team with a shot to go to the Finals I'm fine sacrificing the 3rd unit for a better playoff rotation.

brandt
05-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Cavs in 6

flea
05-13-2018, 03:13 PM
I agree and always believed Tatum would be the best in his draft but he's not appreciably more athletic than Pierce, if at all. The size, however, is nice. I just don't think it's a good comparison - Pierce was a shooter first and Tatum looks like a slasher with polish in the paint. Even if it seemed lazy at first by virtue of Tatum's school I think Grant Hill is the best comparison. Rudy Gay as the absolute floor, though Tatum has alread shown a better all-around game than prime Gay had.

LaVar Ball
05-13-2018, 03:19 PM
lol they not making the finals. this is lebron we talkin bout. A guy who has been to 7 straight finals. NOt happening

LaVar Ball
05-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Let's be real, a guy who has been to 7 straight finals. How can he not make it to a 8th straight trip?

The Celtics don't have Kyrie and Hayward. Role players and great coaching can only take you so far. But when you're going up against the King, you need all your sharp knives ready to go.

Anyone giving the Celtics a chance to actually win this series? lol

They'll make it "interesting" and push it to 6 or 7, but won't win.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 03:31 PM
ok

Vinylman
05-13-2018, 03:37 PM
awesome... another LBJ thread ...

Just what the main forum needs...

Wade n Fade
05-13-2018, 03:39 PM
Cavs in 5.

aman_13
05-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Going under the screen rather than straight switching is something we might see the Celtics do more than the Raptors.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 03:56 PM
C's are going to be able to get any shot they want against this Cavs defense.

Athletically speaking, the C's are on a completely advantage at basically 4 out of the 5 matchups on the floor.

Forever35
05-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Oh BOY...!!!

goingfor28
05-13-2018, 04:05 PM
This is pathetic

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Itís not even like Boston is making spectacular plays. This just looks so routine lol

Bostonjorge
05-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Looks like Brown is back and ready to be the Brown from round 1.

Vee-Rex
05-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Cool with it. It's a 4 quarter game, 7 game series. That there would be a storm shouldn't surprise anyone.

Hopefully we can bring it down to an 8 point lead at the half.

hugepatsfan
05-13-2018, 04:11 PM
Cool with it. It's a 4 quarter game, 7 game series. That there would be a storm shouldn't surprise anyone.

Lmfao winning any quarter by 18 is a surprise for anyone

aman_13
05-13-2018, 04:15 PM

I expect the Celtics to miss a bunch of layups in the 4th.

Bostonjorge
05-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Brown and Horford are both sitting and have 25 points combined. Cavs have 21 total for the game.

Jeffy25
05-13-2018, 04:19 PM
I agree and always believed Tatum would be the best in his draft but he's not appreciably more athletic than Pierce, if at all. The size, however, is nice. I just don't think it's a good comparison - Pierce was a shooter first and Tatum looks like a slasher with polish in the paint. Even if it seemed lazy at first by virtue of Tatum's school I think Grant Hill is the best comparison. Rudy Gay as the absolute floor, though Tatum has alread shown a better all-around game than prime Gay had.

Grant Hill makes a ton of sense

Jamiecballer
05-13-2018, 04:21 PM
If i had a rookie of the year ballot it would be Mitchell 1st, Tatum 2nd and Simmons would get a hearty handshake

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Refs with back to back horrendous calls

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 04:24 PM
This is nuts. I know it's still early but Holly ****

Vee-Rex
05-13-2018, 04:24 PM

not Jeff van Gundy

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Jayson Tatum does not respect JR Smith lol. That was a nice 3.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Celtics 1st Q? Cash. Cavs already making me money. Love these guys.

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Man this Celtics squad is going to be nasty when healthy.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 04:32 PM
Jaylen Brown is gonna be a stud

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 04:38 PM
35 points. My gawd

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Jaylen Brown is gonna be a stud

Sent from my SM-G920T using TapatalkNah he will never be good and Tatum has a low ceiling. Kids are growing up in front of the world

tredigs
05-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Ahhhh hahahahahaha

Bostonjorge
05-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Paul Pierce called it

Cal827
05-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Seeing the result of Boston defending the guys around Lebron. This is what Casey should've done, but no. Lets leave them wide open :pity:

Stevens is the best coach in the League (maybe minus Pop). The Eastern conference is gonna have another dominant team soon (even if Lebron stays, assuming no bad injury to Boston's core) .

zn23
05-13-2018, 04:46 PM
This reminds me of Bulls vs. Heat in 2011 playoffs when the Bulls dominated game 1... Only to lose the next 4 games.

Cs are a built for the future. They wont win the series, but they'll probably makes things a little tougher for the Cavs.

Vee-Rex
05-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Welp, that's as bad of a first half as it could've gone

D-Leethal
05-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Very impressive, but also shows the sad state of competition in the East. No team should ever be able to lose 2 of their top 3 guys and make the Finals if the competition was balanced.

Forever35
05-13-2018, 04:50 PM
This reminds me of Bulls vs. Heat in 2011 playoffs when the Bulls dominated game 1... Only to lose the next 4 games.

Cs are a built for the future. They wont win the series, but they'll probably makes things a little tougher for the Cavs.

Well, Bosh and Wade aren't coming through the doors... :D

I'm terrified what LeBron can do, but the rest of the Cavs are nothing...

Forever35
05-13-2018, 04:52 PM

If the Cavs were up 26 at half, there would be about 10 more pages in this thread bashing the C's and calling this series over... Instead, it's like OK no biggie, the Cavs will take the next 4...

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Welp, that's as bad of a first half as it could've gone

No doubt but you guys just need to make it close. Even if you lose. Just need one on the road and handle yours at home and HC is yours.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 04:53 PM
The Raptors need to re-hire Dwayne Casey just to fire him again.

There are a lot of very basic things being done right now that he did not even attempt.

jason
05-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Was worried that Celtics would play scared. They're playing with confidence. They're going to dominate the east pretty soon

papipapsmanny
05-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Was worried that Celtics would play scared. They're playing with confidence. They're going to dominate the east pretty soon

I'm sure Lebron wants to join them or the Sixers now......

AntiG

Love? LOL no.

tredigs
You can safely remove "pretty soon".

still1ballin
05-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Didnít see this happening. Wow

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Keep the pressure on!

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Love? LOL no.huh? Nevermind you edited your post.

Yes, he would be the Celtics best player. You think this is laughable? Who's better, Horford? Since when? After Love joined LeBron? That's the point.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:01 PM
huh?Love would not be the best player on the C's nor even come close to being a leader.

Heediot
05-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Stevens coaching circles arund Lue.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Love would not be the best player on the C's nor even come close to being a leader.

Yes, he would be. Again, who is better? You're saying Horford. Horford is not better than Love. Love has just been neutered.

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:03 PM
I'm sure Lebron wants to join them or the Sixers now......

But when he does it it's going to be ok cause it was the only move to be made to make the NBA fair again

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:04 PM

Lue isn't a good coach. Stevens is.

Lil Rhody
Haaaaaaaaaaa

goingfor28
Lmaoooohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/158e2ccd7531f450d3cbacb9f4418565.jpg

Lil Rhody
Cavs D is trash OMG. Like bucks level

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Around LeBron you mean.

jason
05-13-2018, 05:06 PM
You can safely remove "pretty soon".If they can win this series than yea

Lil Rhody
Keep crying and not running back Bron I'll take that all series

jason
Lebron has been getting outplayed by Horford and Brown today

goingfor28
Cleveland needs to get this game under 15 before the end of the 3rd. If not, let the bench play. No point in risking injury. It's only one game.

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Haaaaaaaaahhahahahahhahaa ha ha ha

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:08 PM
Yes, he would be. Again, who is better? You're saying Horford. Horford is not better than Love. Love has just been neutered.Horford is an infinitely better all round player than Love. Better 3pt shooter, better passer, better defender, better leader.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:10 PM
The Raptors need to re-hire Dwayne Casey just to fire him again.

There are a lot of very basic things being done right now that he did not even attempt.

:laugh2: You see why I'm cynical of everybody, including our own fans, who think the Raptors made a mistake? It's amazing how the media, who barely paid attention to the team until the cavs series can persuade people.

Horford is showing that he's absolutely worth that huge contract right now.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:11 PM
If Boston is able to win this series, the rest of the East (minus Philly and maybe the Bucks) should probably start the rebuild if they aren't already are :laugh2:

Heediot
05-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Around LeBron you mean.

Touche.

Only one game, but Stevens is capable of pulling a Pops when he dominated the LebRon/Heat in one finals.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:16 PM
Horford is an infinitely better all round player than Love. Better 3pt shooter, better passer, better defender, better leader.

Lmfao. Ohhh K Boston Homer.

Love is in his peak age and is a fantastic passer and a clealry better playmaker/shooter/scorer than Love. Horford is a better defender, NOT a better player.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Lmfao. Ohhh K Boston Homer.

Love is in his peak age and is a fantastic passer and a clealry better playmaker/shooter/scorer than Love. Horford is a better defender, NOT a better player.Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lakers + Giants
05-13-2018, 05:19 PM
Cavs within striking distance. That's all you can ask for really.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Well, Cleveland has at least brought it to somewhat respectable.

Lebron is gonna need one of those scoring surges for the Cavs to steal this game.

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:21 PM

No doubt. If they can get it to 10 with 5 to go it's open. So much time. Will be interesting see. Just need 1 of the 2 on the road.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:22 PM
Terrible last few minutes of the quarter for the C's. Let Cavs (somewhat) back into the game. First few minutes of fourth will be huge for the battle of the benches.

tredigs
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ok buddy. Add on to that Horford is now slowly declining and Love is in his peak.

This is what playing with LeBron does to stars and people's perception of them. Very telling.

Vee-Rex

Yeah, I'm not sweating it. Cavs didn't come to play at all. The 3 point disparity and other stats, you'd think the Celtics would be winning by 30.

It's gonna be a good series, ladies and ladies.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Bron leading the team in negative +/-

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2018, 05:23 PM

1. Irving
2. Brown
3. Hayward
4. Tatum
5. Horford

With a bench rotation of
1. Rozier
2. Bird
3. Nader
4. Morris
5. Baynes

Tatum is the better player but I feel like Morris' defence will be needed at the 4. With Irving, Hayward and Horford on the floor there won't be a lot of shots to go around so it'd probably be best to split up Brown and Tatum. One of those guys needs to be taking more than 10 shots a game. I just feel like Tatum could really flourish in the 6th man role next year.

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:24 PM
This is what playing with LeBron does to stars and people's perception of them. Very telling.

No doubt but more so big men. That's where their careers go to die.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:24 PM
LeFloop playing hardens D

I noticed that too, there have been quite a few instances where he just stood near the paint, when they probably could've used another wing defender for the arc.

LA_Raiders
05-13-2018, 05:25 PM
LeFloop playing hardens D

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Great 7-0 start to the quarter for the C's.

Heediot
05-13-2018, 05:26 PM
cavs were more in sync when bron was resting before the break.

Lil Rhody
05-13-2018, 05:30 PM
Wooooooooweeeeeeeee

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Man, Cleveland instead chose to **** the bed in the 4th :laugh2:

still1ballin
05-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Thatís game

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Damn Celtics straight killing it

PAOboston
18-4 run to start the 4th. Massive haymaker to close game 1.

Heediot
cmon tatum extend that 20 point streak

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
18-4 run to start the 4th. Massive haymaker to close game 1.

No doubt

nastynice
05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
This is one *** whooping I didn't see coming. Boston just so impressive

First half defense was ridiculous

tredigs
05-13-2018, 05:38 PM
:laugh2: You see why I'm cynical of everybody, including our own fans, who think the Raptors made a mistake? It's amazing how the media, who barely paid attention to the team until the cavs series can persuade people.

Horford is showing that he's absolutely worth that huge contract right now.
100%. I do like Horford a lot and he's worth the pay day.

In other news, Bron finishes with a negative 32 +/- and 5-16 from the field. Next closest Tristan Thompson -18.

LA_Raiders
05-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Good beating

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Maybe Marcus Morris wasn't kidding about the defending Lebron stuff

aman_13
05-13-2018, 05:41 PM
It's optics Cal, that all it is. The Raptors made the Cavs way better than they actually are. Truly disappointing.

oak2455
Lebron, best all time ;)

tredigs
Marcus Morris outplayed LeBron on both ends. Seriously.

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Al Horford has been filthy for this whole post season. He's in on every play and just never makes mistakes.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:47 PM
It's optics Cal, that all it is. The Raptors made the Cavs way better than they actually are. Truly disappointing.

Yeah, Probably what the part of our fanbase that's still watching is thinking right now. :laugh2:

I mean, obviously Cleveland can come out a lot stronger in the next 4 games, but such a damn difference in the shots they're getting.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:47 PM
What a thorough beatdown by the Celtics

nastynice
05-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Al Horford has been filthy for this whole post season. He's in on every play and just never makes mistakes.

Very smart player. Did phenomenal against embiid last series, considering the raw talent disparity

aman_13
05-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Yeah, Probably what the part of our fanbase that's still watching is thinking right now. :laugh2:

I mean, obviously Cleveland can come out a lot stronger in the next 4 games, but such a damn difference in the shots they're getting.

It's just night and day.

likemystylez
05-13-2018, 05:50 PM
What a thorough beatdown by the Celtics

Heck of a game, I hope we get 3 more like that. I want to see someone different come out of the east this year. I still want the warriors to come out of the west, but warriors celtics could be a fun finals

redsox12
05-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Amazing win, it's nice to get off to the 1-0 start since several people said Celtics was going to get swept. Got to keep eyes on the big picture and not let this win go to our heads. Keep playing hard.

Rivera
Whereís MtM?

PAOboston
Cs are 3 games from a final appearance. That is just bonkers all things considered. Or maybe it just isn't.

BKLYNpigeon
05-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Sucks for Kevin Love, He doesn't have enough help...

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Very smart player. Did phenomenal against embiid last series, considering the raw talent disparity

He's one of the most underrated players in the NBA and has been for years. His game is so well rounded but it has no flash to it. He's completely bought into Stevens system and is playing the best basketball of his entire career right now.

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Heck of a game, I hope we get 3 more like that. I want to see someone different come out of the east this year. I still want the warriors to come out of the west, but warriors celtics could be a fun finals

Agreed. It'd be nice to see a non Lebron led team in the finals for the first time in about a decade.

Though, I gotta think that next season (assuming health), Boston becomes the favorite, even if Cleveland retains Lebron :laugh2:

Cal827
05-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Cs are 3 games from a final appearance. That is just bonkers all things considered. Or maybe it just isn't.

Seeing that going into the playoffs, you guys lost Hayward, Irving, Smart (Though he's back now), then had to face teams led by a couple of the young stars (who might be knocking on the door of superstardom), in Giannis, and Embiid... Yeah, I'd say you've probably shocked the majority of the NBA fans/reporters :laugh2:

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 06:03 PM
https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/995783765619298311?s=19

LOb0
05-13-2018, 06:25 PM
If the Celtics make the finals with this random *** team.....

D Blue987
05-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Celtics are going to be a serious problem in the coming years. Especially if Lebron bails on Cleveland and heads West. If the Celtics add one more star player and get Hayward and Kyrie back, I can see them eclipsing Philly for many years to come. They are going to be dangerous.

LOb0
05-13-2018, 06:38 PM
Celtics are going to be a serious problem in the coming years. Especially if Lebron bails on Cleveland and heads West. If the Celtics add one more star player and get Hayward and Kyrie back, I can see them eclipsing Philly for many years to come. They are going to be dangerous.

They're so loaded when healthy they might be better than GS. And they have the Warrior killer Kyrie.

ewing
05-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Sucks for Kevin Love, He doesn't have enough help...

True

east fb knicks
05-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Lol irving is gone no way bos pays him super max if they get to the finals with out him and lol why does bos need kawi when they have hayward brown and tatum a davis does make sense but i doubt the pels trade him

Imo bos needs a star 4 like davis even Griffin would be good for them

D Blue987
05-13-2018, 06:54 PM
They're so loaded when healthy they might be better than GS. And they have the Warrior killer Kyrie.

I don't know that I would say that just yet but certainly they are on the uptrend to being another powerhouse in the East for years. I would say their rebuild is complete.

Forever35
05-13-2018, 06:56 PM
I don't know that I would say that just yet but certainly they are on the uptrend to being another powerhouse in the East for years. I would say their rebuild is complete.

Let's not forget the 2019 Kings pick... Could land 2-5...

TrueFan420
05-13-2018, 07:01 PM

Kryie isn't a warriors killer but they could be better than the warriors if their youth all hit their potential.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Yes, he would be. Again, who is better? You're saying Horford. Horford is not better than Love. Love has just been neutered.

Were you not watching this game? Horford dominated Love throughout.

tredigs
05-13-2018, 07:18 PM
Were you not watching this game? Horford dominated Love throughout.

A) That's a terrible matchup for Love 1v1 when they play him at C.

B) It's one game

C) Precisely my point. Love is being disgustingly underutilized. LeBron + a horrible coach (that is also LeBron).

You can argue Love would be the 1A on this team. You can't argue anything less.

PAOboston
05-13-2018, 07:19 PM
Celtics are going to be a serious problem in the coming years. Especially if Lebron bails on Cleveland and heads West. If the Celtics add one more star player and get Hayward and Kyrie back, I can see them eclipsing Philly for many years to come. They are going to be dangerous.They don't need to add another star player. They have 2 studs in the making on the roster already plus another potential lottery pick on the way likely next year (barring something stupid happening this year on lottery night).