PDA

View Full Version : ECF: Boston Celtics [2] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4] Series tied 3-3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

GiantsSwaGG
05-15-2018, 11:02 PM
LeBron needs IT, Wade and Crowder... oh wait

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:02 PM
Lebron should pull a Durant and sign with Boston for the MLE in the offseason lol

LMAO- thent he celtics would have like 4 star small forwards under contract. As it is- id like to see the celtics make a deal using a few of their wings to get another star

LA_Raiders
05-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Lol

More-Than-Most
i just dont see how all of you didnt see this coming... DEFENSE FOR CHRIST SAKES... The cavs played a raptors team that choked... It wasnt going to happen to a team that defends as well as the celtics... Celtics need to pray for the rockets because they legit will have a shot at a title against them.

WELCOME TO PHILLY LEBRON

ewing
Yeah, Cleveland quit on so many plays. Just look so deflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teams take the identity of there leader.

JordansBulls
Can't believe Celtics are up 2-0 in this one. Celtics need to get game 3 like did they vs Philly.

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:04 PM
What a good game

HandsOnTheWheel
Raptors look even worse now

PhillySportFan
Man, canít believe Lue giving up already

He's terrible man

Honestly why did he put JR Smith back in the game. 27 min, 0 pts. When he brought him back in he jacked up a 3 completely out of control.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2018, 11:05 PM
teams take the identity of there leader.

what can he really tell them? He cant yell and get someone benched because it wont help... He can only preach confidence at this point because lighting a fire under this group is hilarious... You cant shine up ****.

Laker Legend42
05-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Jr Smith should have been ejected. This is when the league gets on my nerves. Tomorrow they will announce that the refs missed the flagrant 2. Even worse he was assessed a flagrant 1 plus there was the double technical that still added up to two.

homie564
05-15-2018, 11:06 PM
This is incredible.... Jaylon Brown, and Marcus Smartís sacks need their own seat on the plane to Cleveland lol

More-Than-Most
05-15-2018, 11:07 PM
even with kyrie this cavs team doesnt beat this celtics team because of their defense and 3 point shooting... Kyrie will help score but this cavs defense has caught up to them like some of us said it would... I screamed it from the rooftops the day they decided to bring in the korvers/roses etc of the world... This team went away from what helped them win a championship and that was team defense for more known names... Kevin Love/Korver defensive on the court together is hilariously bad.

TrueFan420
05-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Lebron should pull a Durant and sign with Boston for the MLE in the offseason lol

Expect KD didn't sign for a MLE. He signed for a near Max. And KD was tired of being forced to play ISO ball and wanted to play TEAM ball. Where Bron only wants to play Bron (ISO) ball. But you do you man.

Cal827
05-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Raptors look even worse now

Yeah, while I'm happy that Boston won't stop their fighting... I'm just getting angrier by the minute over the chokejob.

At least people here are starting to understand why Casey shouldn't be our coach anymore. Boston isn't really throwing anything special defensively at Cleveland, the only difference is that Stevens isn't running the same defensive schemes, making smarter decisions on whether to focus on lebron or the team, and Lebron hasn't memorized it :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
05-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Cavs traded away

IT
Crowder
Wade

For a bunch of garbage. LeBron might be the worst GM on all time

MygirlhatesCod
im truly not a lebron fan and i hate when people bail him out of loss's because he didnt have help, but this cavs team +coach gave up for sure. he was the only one trying to win. i will say love showed up at times.

papipapsmanny
even with kyrie this cavs team doesnt beat this celtics team because of their defense and 3 point shooting... Kyrie will help score but this cavs defense has caught up to them like some of us said it would... I screamed it from the rooftops the day they decided to bring in the korvers/roses etc of the world... This team went away from what helped them win a championship and that was team defense for more known names... Kevin Love/Korver defensive on the court together is hilariously bad.

Okay, you can Blame Lebron for the roster and coach he has

Laker Legend42
05-15-2018, 11:11 PM
The difference is the amount of good small forwards on that Celtic roster. (I hate the Celtics) lebron canít guard everybody but they can take turns guarding him. The last two series is finally catching up to him. He out scored, out rebounded and out assisted the two ďstarsĒ in Toronto by himself. Canít do that against this team(I hate the Celtics)

bigbangclock
05-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Love showed up and Lebron played his game but other than that the Cavs were flat again.

homie564
05-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Cavs traded away

IT
Crowder
Wade

They sure could use IT and the leadership of Wade... but Crowder? nah he stinks lol

still1ballin
05-15-2018, 11:13 PM
LeBron needs IT, Wade and Crowder... oh wait

Crowder and playoff wade would of definitely helped

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Who is the bald guy on NBA TV? (the white one)

More-Than-Most
05-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Okay, you can Blame Lebron for the roster and coach he has

of course you can. This is a no brainer. No organization should let any player dictate their moves and the cavs wised up this past year with not trading their lottery pick for someone to fill in... But that falls on the organization as well. This team has been and will continue to be trash and if bron leaves next year i cant wait to hear what people have to say when this 52 win team wins 40 less games.

homie564
Crowder and playoff wade would of definitely helped

Crowder would just be another guy chucking up 3s... I mean... I guess heís an improvement on Jeff Green, but Iím not sure heís a help for them here lol

WaDe03
I remember a lot of you thought the Cavs made good moves at the deadline and that clarkson Hood etc would contribute more than Wade who was playing like a 6MOY candidate lol! That was a terrible move by the Cavs but st least they still wear the suits that were Wades idea!

WaDe03
05-15-2018, 11:15 PM
They sure could use IT and the leadership of Wade... but Crowder? nah he stinks lol

He was really good for you all and the Jazz. He would give more than 3 points in 60 minutes like the Cavs backcourt combined for tonight.

Laker Legend42
Cavs traded away

IT
Crowder
Wade

For a bunch of garbage. LeBron might be the worst GM on all time people are now seeing they were better before the trade. All the guys they brought in were real system guys. Taking all ques from the coach. They are not used to playing off of one dominant player. Not to mention none of them have played any real meaningful basketball. When they got crowder lebron should have moved to the pf position. Crowder couldnít help him from the bench.

WaDe03
And you all were eating that **** up after their first game together lol.

Ty Lue is garbage by the way.

homie564
05-15-2018, 11:16 PM
He was really good for you all and the Jazz. He would give more than 3 points in 60 minutes like the Cavs backcourt combined for tonight.

I canít speak for how he played with the Jazz tbh... didnít watch or really care enough about him lol... but he was overrated on the Celtics. He was incredibly frustrating to watch

More-Than-Most
I remember a lot of you thought the Cavs made good moves at the deadline and that clarkson Hood etc would contribute more than Wade who was playing like a 6MOY candidate lol! That was a terrible move by the Cavs but st least they still wear the suits that were Wades idea!

wade doesnt help them win either of these games. Wade is garbo... Not as garbo as some of these guys but still garbo... The cavs right now dont need a guy chucking up 17 shots a game like wade tried to do against philly... They need a guy who can defend and space the floor which wade cant.

MygirlhatesCod
The difference is the amount of good small forwards on that Celtic roster. (I hate the Celtics) lebron canít guard everybody but they can take turns guarding him. The last two series is finally catching up to him. He out scored, out rebounded and out assisted the two ďstarsĒ in Toronto by himself. Canít do that against this team(I hate the Celtics)

favorite part was you listing you hate twice! hilarious.

europagnpilgrim
05-15-2018, 11:17 PM

stop reaching for straws / needle in no haystack

Cavs smashed this team last year minus Tatum, who wouldn't make that much of a diff with a legit big 3, its not a big 3 anymore its a big 1 and sometimes Batman will show up, Robin is pretty much obsolete until Korver / Smith show up making shots, the players they acquired either don't play or when they do play don't show up consistently enough

so much for wrecking the league with this team

to me this is deja vu for Bron, got taken out by vet big 3 Celtics team in 2010 and left ship, and now probably will be taken out by a max paid veteran with a bunch of baby Celtics surrounding him and will probably most likey leave the ship again and join a veteran team with a apex player or two

Bron should go out West so it can be more excitement on who would represent the Finals, Boston / Philly with others lurking and Warriors and Bron team out West with the rest lurking, that is good for basketball with 4 teams looking like dynasties, well 3 since Warriors are already in the mold

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:18 PM
of course you can. This is a no brainer. No organization should let any player dictate their moves and the cavs wised up this past year with not trading their lottery pick for someone to fill in... But that falls on the organization as well. This team has been and will continue to be trash and if bron leaves next year i cant wait to hear what people have to say when this 52 win team wins 40 less games.

The Cavs made no attempt to address rim protection or other guys being play makers. A lot of that is b/c those things take away from LeBron. What i'm saying is he is selfish.

Laker Legend42
05-15-2018, 11:20 PM
favorite part was you listing you hate twice! hilarious.

Itís not real hate. Itís good clean great organization Iím a lakers fan hate. I canít front on this team. Also because of the way this team is built they are gonna be a problem for either team in the west. I always say you need someone to do something else. What ever that may be. When Marcus Morris stepped up and said he will guard lebron was huge in my eyes.

Laker Legend42
05-15-2018, 11:22 PM
I picked Boston in 5. I see Cleveland winning the emotion driven game 3. After that itís a don dadda

papipapsmanny
05-15-2018, 11:23 PM

Depends... if everyone else is cleared out.

If They start around Love, Thompson, Draft Mikal Bridges, Keep JR... can be decent.

LOb0
It's a shame how interesting a Celtics vs Warriors series would've been had Durant not been a ******.

ewing

Those guys aren't skill players that can iso beat you. Lebron needs shooters and and ISO guys. Old Wade is better at beating you.

europagnpilgrim
wade doesnt help them win either of these games. Wade is garbo... Not as garbo as some of these guys but still garbo... The cavs right now dont need a guy chucking up 17 shots a game like wade tried to do against philly... They need a guy who can defend and space the floor which wade cant.

Wade is not what he once was but when you are one of the most dominant players and happen to be in the playoffs it is usually a 1 game flashback that can happen, as Wade showed in 1st round, Bron could sure use that right now because we all know Clarkson nor Hood nor Nance nor Korver is winning you a game by himself

Wade could keep it close and let Lebron bring home a game, Bron is good for a game or two as well, in this series you need another guy who can get on the block when the 3's aren't falling, Wade could do that, the others cant

The cavs need a Irving / young Wade right now who can take over games at any given moment, that is what made the Cavs unbeatable come playoff time last 3yrs, because Bron with a capable 30ppg scorer is not really fair, and add in the third option is good for 18 and 10, its a wrap

now its a challenge because he doesn't have that Irving / young Wade type guy and Bron doesn't have the youthful energy anymore, he picks and chooses his chase down blocks / defense pressure, back in his first stint with Cavs he was in chase down block mode for 40 minutes, now its a 2minute warning type energy burst, not enough with this type of cast support, it didn't matter back then because he was at his apex youth with crazy energy to burn

Laker Legend42
05-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Wade is not what he once was but when you are one of the most dominant players and happen to be in the playoffs it is usually a 1 game flashback that can happen, as Wade showed in 1st round, Bron could sure use that right now because we all know Clarkson nor Hood nor Nance nor Korver is winning you a game by himself

Wade could keep it close and let Lebron bring home a game, Bron is good for a game or two as well, in this series you need another guy who can get on the block when the 3's aren't falling, Wade could do that, the others cant

The cavs need a Irving / young Wade right now who can take over games at any given moment, that is what made the Cavs unbeatable come playoff time last 3yrs, because Bron with a capable 30ppg scorer is not really fair, and add in the third option is good for 18 and 10, its a wrap

now its a challenge because he doesn't have that Irving / young Wade type guy and Bron doesn't have the youthful energy anymore, he picks and chooses his chase down blocks / defense pressure, back in his first stint with Cavs he was in chase down block mode for 40 minutes, now its a 2minute warning type energy burst, not enough with this type of cast support, it didn't matter back then because he was at his apex youth with crazy energy to burn
Pick one. Clarkson or d wade? I think wade can give some real minutes of playoff basketball.

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Cavs traded away

IT
Crowder
Wade

The only way anyone could be worse is if they played with LeBron

LA_Raiders
Looks like LeBron the GM messed up. At least he is getting his stats; which is what matters the most to him anyway.

europagnpilgrim
It's a shame how interesting a Celtics vs Warriors series would've been had Durant not been a ******.

Speak that Truth

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:26 PM

He must be so tried

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:26 PM

what does durant have to do with it...... and seriously celtics have had more superteams in history than any other team.... how is a celtics team gonna cry bout the warriors??? take a look at the 60s celtics buddy 11 championships in 13 seasons- and your honestly concerned with the warriors???

tredigs
05-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Ahh hahaahhaha. This is amazing

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:28 PM

I'll say that he is a ***** that picked all his teammates and then ran and blamed them when they weren't good enough.

Cal827
05-15-2018, 11:28 PM
Somewhere out there, Tre is laughing at my NBA predictions

WaDe03
05-15-2018, 11:29 PM

Youíre definitely wrong as usual but Iím not going to go back and forth with you on it. We all know your agenda so itís pointless.

europagnpilgrim
Looks like LeBron the GM messed up. At least he is getting his stats; which is what matters the most to him anyway.

Speak that Truth

especially after that 09' playoff series he wore the T Shirt to back up your statement

Bron is no different than others before him or after him, all of the dominant legends of the game love their stats, coaches love their W's and mascots love to act a fool with the home crowds and Thibs never smiled this entire nba season(well at least the games I caught of the wolves), he loves his gas face / mean mug, classic

Laker Legend42
what does durant have to do with it...... and seriously celtics have had more superteams in history than any other team.... how is a celtics team gonna cry bout the warriors??? take a look at the 60s celtics buddy 11 championships in 13 seasons- and your honestly concerned with the warriors???
People say the same thing about the lakers but the lakers or Celtics never double down and added the best player from another contender. Both the lakers and Celtics best players were drafted yeah then they struck gold through trade.

numba1CHANGsta
LeBron is done physically, mentally, and emotionally. I knew this guy would eventually burnt out. If they dont win Game 3, Game 4 is going to be a sad blowout game for what can be LeBron's final game in Cleveland.

LOb0
05-15-2018, 11:30 PM

lol the 60s. What Durant has to do with it is, rather than just play a formality series and just win before it starts, the Warriors might've actually had to earn it.

likemystylez
lol the 60s. What Durant has to do with it is, rather than just play a formality series and just win before it starts, the Warriors might've actually had to earn it.

Ok and loading up Garnett, and ray allen was really the celtics earning their ring in 08???

WaDe03
Pick one. Clarkson or d wade? I think wade can give some real minutes of playoff basketball.

Itís easily Wade.

hugepatsfan
05-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Lebron needs to be a part of the team. It canít be about ďdoes he have enough helpĒ. It doesnít matter how good one player is - itís always about how is everyone making everyone else better. Camping at the 3 point line waiting for a kick out isnít how most players thrive so Lebron needs to understand that.

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:32 PM
And you all were eating that **** up after their first game together lol.

Ty Lue is garbage by the way.

Lue doesn't play and a he has a guy that has the final say and seems to have a lot to say most of the time.

aman_13
05-15-2018, 11:33 PM
Celtics have struggled on the road. The Cavs are a different animal at home. This series is far from over. Obviously one game can change that, but I'm expecting a Cavs win in game 3.

likemystylez

LMAO durant is like the one big name offseason aquisition that the celtics havent landed in the last decade- Garnett, Ray Allen, Al Horford etc. .... and lets ignore their 11 of 13 championships in the 60s. the 80s dominant celtics.... jeesh can the warriors just have 7 or 8 yrs of quality basketball before they tank for 20 yrs straight like they did from the early 90s to 2013

LOb0
Ok and loading up Garnett, and ray allen was really the celtics earning their ring in 08???

Yeah, they made trades for guys near the end of there peak. Warriors did nothing wrong, I'm talking about Durant. It would've been like Bron joining them in 2011.

WaDe03
Lue doesn't play and a he has a guy that has the final say and seems to have a lot to say most of the time.

LeBron didnít have JR in over Korver when JR had 0 points in 27 minutes. Lues rotations are terrible.

Laker Legend42
Itís easily Wade.

Why am I not shocked you feel that way? Wade is someone thatís used to playing off of lebron. Clarkson simply is not. Also jr Smith needs to be moved to the bench and Rodney hood should be the starter. Heís 6ft 8 and could help guard brown and Tatum.

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Will JR Smith be suspended? Of course not, cuz of ratings ratings ratings ratings ratings

I hope Celtics whoop dat *** and this is coming from a Lakers fan lol I actually respect this celtics squad enough to root for them to go to the Finals but I hope they get swept against GS/HOU :D

ewing
Lebron needs to be a part of the team. It canít be about ďdoes he have enough helpĒ. It doesnít matter how good one player is - itís always about how is everyone making everyone else better. Camping at the 3 point line waiting for a kick out isnít how most players thrive so Lebron needs to understand that.

wait you think the guy with the most diverse skill set should adjust instead of asking everyone else too?

WaDe03
Will JR Smith be suspended? Of course not, cuz of ratings ratings ratings ratings ratings

I hope Celtics whoop dat *** and this is coming from a Lakers fan lol I actually respect this celtics squad enough to root for them to go to the Finals but I hope they get swept against GS/HOU :D

Helps the Celtics if JR isnít suspended.

ewing
Celtics have struggled on the road. The Cavs are a different animal at home. This series is far from over. Obviously one game can change that, but I'm expecting a Cavs win in game 3.

Its over

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Yeah, they made trades for guys near the end of there peak. Warriors did nothing wrong, I'm talking about Durant. It would've been like Bron joining them in 2011.

and the 60s celtics literally had like 3 hall of fame players coming off their bench

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Helps the Celtics if JR isnít suspended.

Burnnnn

aman_13
05-15-2018, 11:37 PM
Its over

They have won one game on the road.

LOb0
and the 60s celtics literally had like 3 hall of fame players coming off their bench

lmao your argument is the 60s. Sorry I wasn't alive to complain about it then.

hugepatsfan
Lebron uses his greatness to create an environment where everyone around him- coaches, teammates, front office - are walking on egg shells. It just isnít an environment where too many of the people around him are going to be successful. For as great as a Lebron is as a player he could have won more to this point if he was a better teammate IMO.

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:38 PM

neither was I- but its documented information

ewing
LeBron pretending to have a concussion is just another example of him wanting clicks almost as much as winning

Laker Legend42
Lebron uses his greatness to create an environment where everyone around him- coaches, teammates, front office - are walking on egg shells. It just isnít an environment where too many of the people around him are going to be successful. For as great as a Lebron is as a player he could have won more to this point if he was a better teammate IMO.
So far every coach that has tried to coach him has gotten fired.

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:39 PM

exactly

BoilermakerD
05-15-2018, 11:39 PM
This seems to be always lost. Jordan was a rookie on a crappy team, playing a 59 team Bucks team that was extremely talented, efficient and in their prime. (for fun, you had the Bird Celtics, Barkley, Dr. J, and Malone Sixers and a young IT, Laimbeer Pistons as the 4 seed. Lebron has never seen anything like that in the east.

Next year he barely plays, and is on an even worse team imo, goes up against one of the top 3 teams of all time, and goes insane in a series loss to the Celtics (5th seed is IT's Pistons, with a rookie Dumars). More of the same next season (Celtics)

Then Jordan Runs into the Bad Boy Pistons another top 5-7 best all time team. They Create the Jordan Rules, Pippen is abused the first two years, and in his 3rd year has a Migraine in Game 7.

Another fun Fact in that Game 7 loss to Detroit, MJ shot over 48% with 8 Rebounds and 9 Assists. The rest of his team combined shot 23.8%. People would be writing sorry for your loss letters if that happened to Lebron.

Sorry I get irritated by face value arguments with no context at all

Applause

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:40 PM
LeBron didnít have JR in over Korver when JR had 0 points in 27 minutes. Lues rotations are terrible.

IDK i don't think there is much room for a coach with any opinion on this team

PAOboston
05-15-2018, 11:40 PM
C's chasing LeBron out of Cleveland for a second time. Getting ready for the LeBron tap out in game 3 if Cs get our to a fast start.

I'm running out of things to say about the C's.

Jaylen Brown is the man. Dude is not afraid of anyone. Going right at LeBron at 21 years old. He's going to be a STUD. He's also shooting like a zillion percent from 3 over the last 2 series.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

papipapsmanny
05-15-2018, 11:41 PM

Pretty much... he has become a more efficient, bigger Westbrook. Meshes a bit better because he didn't have two other huge names jockeying for shots/the ball.

Lebron and his team would be a first round exit in the west, should have been in the east

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:42 PM

Guy made a bad decision. Let's get over it.

ewing
They have won one game on the road.

over

europagnpilgrim
LeBron is done physically, mentally, and emotionally. I knew this guy would eventually burnt out. If they dont win Game 3, Game 4 is going to be a sad blowout game for what can be LeBron's final game in Cleveland.

to the city / team of Cleveland I feel you are correct, but the feeling of playing with 2 other Olympic / all nba caliber players will revitalize any dominant player who is still at apex or on back end of it, Bron needs a fresh start for his back end apex, which I feel is 3 - 4 more yrs then at year 37 - 38 he will know that being a 2nd or 3rd option will prolong his career like Barkley did for Dr. J and Magic / Lakers org. did for Kareem

Lebron is going to the Knicks or Rockets, reason I say Knicks is because he could actually swindle Dolan even worse than he has Gilbert and really be the King of NY and also get in on Dolan biz affairs, no better team to be plugged inside to than the Knicks, money capital of the U.S., Bron gets all his posse buddies together to do what they want and shot call while Dolan watches from the sideline like a good patsy owner, luxury tax wouldn't even be a thing to Dolan, he would smash any record previous, by 100mill if he had a chance to land Bron and the pieces to surround him and Porz

Rockets make sense from a pure win now mode and a chance for Bron to be that piece to put away the current juggernaut of the nba, Rockets have a aging but still apex player in CP3 and a clear mvp caliber / all nba apex player in Harden, with a owner who said he would be willing to pay the tax and a GM who is obsessed with beat Warriors and hell bent on acquiring Olympic style players, that is about as good a championship recipe you will find in win mode now outside of Warriors and a couple other situations

Philly makes some sense as well, as the Lakers, who would be maybe slightly ahead of Knicks because of Magic / better young core but I don't think he would be able to have a grip hold control of Lakers as he would with the Knicks, Dolan would be his ultimate patsy / brown noser

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:43 PM
C's chasing LeBron out of Cleveland for a second time. Getting ready for the LeBron tap out in game 3 if Cs get our to a fast start.

I'm running out of things to say about the C's.

Jaylen Brown is the man. Dude is not afraid of anyone. Going right at LeBron at 21 years old. He's going to be a STUD. He's also shooting like a zillion percent from 3 over the last 2 series.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Make that ***** quit!!!!!!

hugepatsfan
05-15-2018, 11:44 PM

IDK i don't think there is much room for a coach with any opinion on this team

I think thatís dramatic. I donít think Lebron is dictating rotations on that level. Lue really isnít a good coach independent of the toxic environment Lebron creates.

LOb0
05-15-2018, 11:44 PM

lol you mean basketball in the 60s was documented? You're brilliant.

Durant is still a ****** for making this, and all series predictable and boring. Even with your "Remember back 50 years ago" argument

MygirlhatesCod
05-15-2018, 11:45 PM

stop insinuating houston has a chance. it makes fans of other teams angry.

aman_13
05-15-2018, 11:47 PM
over

I'll make a prediction; it's tied after game 4.

LOb0
05-15-2018, 11:47 PM

Makes people with brains angry.

MygirlhatesCod
05-15-2018, 11:50 PM
Makes people with brains angry.

told you.

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:51 PM

Durant is still a ****** for making this, and all series predictable and boring. Even with your "Remember back 50 years ago" argument

might be true- just not sure a celtics fan should be making that argument

LOb0
05-15-2018, 11:51 PM
told you.

You told me you don't have a brain because you think Houston has a chance?

MygirlhatesCod
05-15-2018, 11:52 PM
You told me you don't have a brain because you think Houston has a chance?

it was a continuation. didnt add the above post.

europagnpilgrim
05-15-2018, 11:52 PM

It was clear as day who I picked, it was Wade

its why I mentioned he could have a flash back game as he did in 1st round against Sixers, Clarkson nor Hood nor Nance nor Hill can do that, Korver could get hot but it would require someone passing him the ball, he cant get his own shot off the bounce like a apex Wade / Irving

its what the Cavs are sorely missing right now, Irving would just destroy you with a quick 7 - 10pts while Lebron can rest and dissect the game, Bron doesn't have that luxury right now so every possession is a grind, Irving and even Love in his true 3rd option capacity were giving Bron the rest he needed and it showed with the beatdown they gave the East past 3yrs in playoffs

ewing
05-15-2018, 11:54 PM
I'll make a prediction; it's tied after game 4.

over

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2018, 11:56 PM

Well Hou has a much better shot to make the Finals than the Cavs LOL

likemystylez
05-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Well Hou has a much better shot to make the Finals than the Cavs LOL

I wouldnt say much better.... but its a little bit better IMO

europagnpilgrim
05-15-2018, 11:58 PM

that Celtics team had like 7 - 8 HOF'ers and Wilt would still take that team to 6 - 7 games solo, its a reason I say he is the most solo dominant act ever to step foot on the nba hardwood, over 50yrs ago

thing is nothing is new under the sun, the nba resorted back to the pace 50 yrs ago with the spike in scoring / triple doubles

Wilt used to put up quadruple doubles like it was a bad habit for years, over 55yrs ago

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 12:05 AM

you cant use documented information or quotes from the actual player or coaches mouth around here on psd or they will cry wolf and say you are ''appealing to authority''

the same authority they appeal to when they mention alphabet gang numbers like PER / WS / TS / VORP / ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP

The Celtics won 8 in a row and had HOF'ers coming off the bench so I don't see how any fanatic of that team can bad talk about any other player in the history of the game, Wilt by himself was playing against 7 - 8 HOF'ers and were taking them to 6 /7 games, and then when he finally got the proper help he wiped the Celtics out and then blew a 3 -1 lead following season or so as well, **** happens on both sides of the coin

80's Celtics were loaded and the 2008 - 2012 team were legit contenders and now they are back at it again for at least the next 5yrs if all things play out right, health wise most important

documented public information seems to get cold shouldered on here, but at the same time fanatics on here scream out about seeing or having a legit source when news / stories get leaked, only to shoot it down when it comes straight from the horses mouth, I call it StandingDown

fanatics need to make up their mind and do better, sincerely

kobe4thewinbang
05-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Okay, so I'm confused. First of all, another bad loss for the Cavaliers. Now gonna take at least 6 games, if not 7.

How did LeBron even get 12 assists? Great stat line of 42 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists (FG: 55%/45% 3PT 5-11) Kevin Love had 22 points and 15 rebounds, but literally nobody else scored much at all. Were they all assists to him?

Why is nobody shooting much at all, or shooting well? JR Smith went 0-7, seriously? George Hill only taking 4 shots in 33 minutes? Korver--one of your main gunners--only taking 8 shots? He shot 50%. Get him some more shots.

Larry Nance with one shot attempt. Why is LeBron not alley-ooping this dude? What was the point of trading for him if he's only going to play 11 minutes and not even touch the ball? So strange, don't understand the Cavaliers offense at this point. Rodney Hood only shooting one time, also and Clarkson not playing at all?

Just a weird box score.

Must've been the LeBron show. Dunno how he got 12 assists. Compare this to Boston's box score, and players are actually shooting. Tatum, Morris, Horford, Brown, Rozier--all double-digit shot attempts. What's going on here?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/17e13eb07f2b3f046ae5c80dad65648a/tenor.gif

MJNetsIsles
05-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Warriors Celtics Final
Cleveland doesnít have a team of supporting cast members good enough to help Lebron win these games. Boston is too loaded with #1 picks to lose to Cleveland. It would take a miracle down 2-0.

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Bron will have to go full baby Wilt mode if they are going to win this series meaning:

he will have to channel his baby inner Wilt and play the full 48mpg, attacking 9 minutes each quarter and decoying the rest

he will have to put up 50+ along with 15+ boards and 10+ assists and cover who ever is the hottest player for the C's at that given crunch time moment, if he does that then Cavs will win the series, he cant go 38 / 8 / 8 against like he did against Orlando, wont be enough

he has to flirt with 48 - 50+ ppg, baby Wilt has to enter the chambers or its a wrap for the Cavs, deja vu 2010, Bron is gone for sure

numba1CHANGsta
05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Warriors Celtics Final
Cleveland doesnít have a team of supporting cast members good enough to help Lebron win these games. Boston is too loaded with #1 picks to lose to Cleveland. It would take a miracle down 2-0.

Celtics have never lost a series when up 2-0, so this series is over either in 4 or 5

europagnpilgrim
05-16-2018, 12:26 AM
Celtics have never lost a series when up 2-0, so this series is over either in 4 or 5

But they have been pushed when up 2 - 0, Bron can take this to 7 and anything can happen but he has to do what is stated above, baby Wilt mode, more so MPG than the actual stats, his presence has to be felt on the court the entire game, Bron can pace himself against the more 2nd unit players but he has to be super aggressive off the jump to get Celtics on their heels and keep them there

Bron has to enter that chamber and go full 48 minutes each game, and based on the reports of him paying a million or two to take care of his body he should be well equipped for this type of journey, especially due to the lack of physicality on the court, a handcheck is reviewed for a flagrant 1

this series isn't over but its definitely in the favor of the Celtics

I must add Bron must channel his inner Jordan as well, who was down 2 - 0 in 1993 vs Knicks in epic playoff series, Jordan pulled it out to 3peat that same season

if Bron pulls this off he is on his way to another Finals defeat but this would be his biggest underdog Finals ever when / if he faces Warriors, he has a better chance against Rockets but they still lose I feel and he falls to like 3 - 6 in Finals, which is not a fail once you factor in how teams stacked up overall, Lebron nor Wilt nor Jordan nor Magic or any player in the nba history can beat you by themselves, even Dream and Dirk had major help on their titles run(s)

this series isn't over in 4 nor 5, its over when either team wins 4 and I feel its going 6 or 7

D Blue987
05-16-2018, 12:26 AM
While I hate Boston as a Laker fan, it is downright impressive that they could feasibly be on the cusp of a finals appearance shortly. They don't have either of their best vets either. They have made Philly and the Cavs look inferior through each of these series thus far. Kind of makes me wonder how they got taken to the brink by the Bucks.

mngopher35
05-16-2018, 12:29 AM
I love Brad Stevens, this team is playing very hard and is not letting up. Great to see.

Lebron needs to be in attack mode with the ball most of the game for the cavs to win. It really does seem that simple to me even if asking for more than 40 or whatever he put up tonight is too much. They need him to attack and score while mixing others in at opportune times because when he starts deferring it and running plays they start to chuck up 3's. I wanna rewatch the game but I feel like there were a lot of different lineups used throughout to keep him a little off balance but in general he can't be afraid to attack anyone, including Morris.

Now at home they can likely win a game just off shooting but if Cavs want to win one on the road/win the series etc. this is what it will take from the Cavs/Lebron imo.

numba1CHANGsta
05-16-2018, 01:00 AM
While I hate Boston as a Laker fan, it is downright impressive that they could feasibly be on the cusp of a finals appearance shortly. They don't have either of their best vets either. They have made Philly and the Cavs look inferior through each of these series thus far. Kind of makes me wonder how they got taken to the brink by the Bucks.

Bucks were more physical and played like their lives depended on it. Same with the Pacers when they faced Cleveland. Raptors and Sixers weren't physical enough and it bite them in the *** Celtics are grinding all the way to the Finals but will be hit with a reality check once they face the Warriors

LaVar Ball
05-16-2018, 01:46 AM
I think Cleveland ties it up in Cleveland.

jason
05-16-2018, 01:47 AM

aww lol

Lil Rhody
05-16-2018, 05:22 AM
LeBron pretending to have a concussion is just another example of him wanting clicks almost as much as winningLove how brown gets hit with a hard screen and gets up and scores the announcers call him out for the quick recovery lmao

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2018, 05:28 AM
I've never been one to count Lebron out but this Celtic team might be able to pull it off.

nastynice
05-16-2018, 05:43 AM
Bron will have to go full baby Wilt mode if they are going to win this series meaning:

he will have to channel his baby inner Wilt and play the full 48mpg, attacking 9 minutes each quarter and decoying the rest

he will have to put up 50+ along with 15+ boards and 10+ assists and cover who ever is the hottest player for the C's at that given crunch time moment, if he does that then Cavs will win the series, he cant go 38 / 8 / 8 against like he did against Orlando, wont be enough

he has to flirt with 48 - 50+ ppg, baby Wilt has to enter the chambers or its a wrap for the Cavs, deja vu 2010, Bron is gone for sure

lmao, baby Wilt, I love it!

Attacking is def a baby Wilt move, I expect to see a lot of that on Cleveland

Sorry bro, Iím def gonna be biting that one off of you, lol

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 06:12 AM
How did LeBron even get 12 assists? Great stat line of 42 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists (FG: 55%/45% 3PT 5-11) Kevin Love had 22 points and 15 rebounds, but literally nobody else scored much at all. Were they all assists to him?

Mostly to Love and Korver

Why is nobody shooting much at all, or shooting well? JR Smith went 0-7, seriously? George Hill only taking 4 shots in 33 minutes? Korver--one of your main gunners--only taking 8 shots? He shot 50%. Get him some more shots.

Just bad offense. When I was watching the game last night I called it. LeBron came out guns a blazing and the rest of his team sat back and watched. Bron got hurt and went back into the locker room and Love and Korver stepped up for that short period of time. Once LeBron came back in he lost his aggressiveness but the entire team was sitting back waiting for him to take control again - he never did. This team is FAR too reliant on LeBron to just take over and facilitate everything. Korver was fire in the first half. Stevens made adjustments on him and he was effectively eliminated the second half. JR Smith has always been streaky but when he's playing on a team like this he's completely ineffective. He's been bad all series long

Larry Nance with one shot attempt. Why is LeBron not alley-ooping this dude? What was the point of trading for him if he's only going to play 11 minutes and not even touch the ball? So strange, don't understand the Cavaliers offense at this point. Rodney Hood only shooting one time, also and Clarkson not playing at all?

Nance can't play D. When he was in the game Stevens put Monroe in and basically posted him up until Lou took him back out.

Must've been the LeBron show. Dunno how he got 12 assists. Compare this to Boston's box score, and players are actually shooting. Tatum, Morris, Horford, Brown, Rozier--all double-digit shot attempts. What's going on here?

A good defensive team vs. A bad defensive team. CLE ranked 29th in D and this series shows why. Celtics are the best defensive team in the NBA.

corky831
05-16-2018, 06:15 AM
This Celtics team reminding me of the 2003-2004 Pistons.....

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2018, 07:12 AM
Guys, Jayson Tatum is easily the best player in this years draft. Dude already has a plethora of dribble moves to beat defenders with. Last night in the 2nd Q when he did that step back, head fake then drive through 2 defenders I lost it. Heís so much fun to watch.

warfelg
05-16-2018, 07:28 AM
1 - Jesus this Cavs team is terrible outside of Lebron.

2 - As much as I don't want to see the C's in the finals....this might be the thing that pushes Lebron to us.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2018, 07:33 AM
1 - Jesus this Cavs team is terrible outside of Lebron.

2 - As much as I don't want to see the C's in the finals....this might be the thing that pushes Lebron to us.

Donít you think thatíd make him wanna join the Cís over the Sixers though? Especially with them beating the Sixers as well?

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Donít you think thatíd make him wanna join the Cís over the Sixers though? Especially with them beating the Sixers as well?

He's not going to the C's.

According to reports he's considering only 4 teams. CLE, LAL, HOU, PHI

I think PHI would be his last choice of the 3. And that a good thing for PHI, as we're seeing now LBJ has become somewhat of a team/teammate killer.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Guys, Jayson Tatum is easily the best player in this years draft. Dude already has a plethora of dribble moves to beat defenders with. Last night in the 2nd Q when he did that step back, head fake then drive through 2 defenders I lost it. Heís so much fun to watch.

He is a lot of fun to watch. He still has so much room to grow too. He scored I think 9 straight points in that sequence. When he puts it all together he's going to be a force.

bagwell368
05-16-2018, 08:04 AM

No thanks, he'd mess up the wa of the team, and his peak as best player AND winner in the NBA that started in Game 6 2012 appears to be coming to its end, C's window appears to be longer than his.

He'd fit better on the 76'ers.

bagwell368
05-16-2018, 08:06 AM

I think PHI would be his last choice of the 3. And that a good thing for PHI, as we're seeing now LBJ has become somewhat of a team/teammate killer.

Agreed except for one thing. He'll be closer to being a JAG in the West than the East if making the Finals is the critera.

Cavs didn't get a killer pick last night, so they can't leverage much of a vet for that, see him leaving the Cavs.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 08:18 AM
Agreed except for one thing. He'll be closer to being a JAG in the West than the East if making the Finals is the critera.

Cavs didn't get a killer pick last night, so they can't leverage much of a vet for that, see him leaving the Cavs.

Before this series I thought he might stay in CLE and pressure the organization for a big shake up. However, the way they have looked and his body language tells me it's his last run in CLE and it will not be a glorious finish.

So now it comes to what he wants.

Contender and play with a friend and experience (HOU)
Location and money and a flexible roster (LAL)
Contender and money and youth (PHI)

I'm leaning LAL right now because he can get his money and have more of a say on the roster around him. He can bring PG13 with him and be surrounded by Ball, Ingram, Kuzma. He can bring his buddies over with him to fill out the bench.

PHI and HOU he will need to fit in with what's already there. His history suggests he's not going to want that.

I do think he favors contending over money so HOU would be ranked 2nd

Then PHI. PHI is his best chance to get everything he wants, but I just don't see him wanting to go there.

warfelg
05-16-2018, 08:18 AM

Yea, the C's would take so much work. And then you have to question with the Kyrie/Bron relationship ending the way it did if Ainge would take that chance.

If I had to handicap where he goes:
CLE
PHI
LAL

I don't put Houston on the list because it's going to take some absolute moving and shaking to make that happen. It would have to be a sign and trade where they move Ryan Anderson + another $8mil in contracts.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Yea, the C's would take so much work. And then you have to question with the Kyrie/Bron relationship ending the way it did if Ainge would take that chance.

If I had to handicap where he goes:
CLE
PHI
LAL

I don't put Houston on the list because it's going to take some absolute moving and shaking to make that happen. It would have to be a sign and trade where they move Ryan Anderson + another $8mil in contracts.

It's the NBA. I've seen it happen too many times. There will be a taker for HOU's contracts.

If HOU loses to GS, they will do whatever it takes to get LeBron and have a chance to go back at GS next year with an improved team. I think LBJ would jump at that chance.

warfelg
05-16-2018, 08:29 AM
It's the NBA. I've seen it happen too many times. There will be a taker for HOU's contracts.

If HOU loses to GS, they will do whatever it takes to get LeBron and have a chance to go back at GS next year with an improved team. I think LBJ would jump at that chance.

Too few teams have cap space to just absorb contracts. On of the only ways that happens is if LAL whiff on Bron (who goes to Houston), Paul George (Philly), and Kawhi (doesn't get traded), and they want to make some moves by either bringing in players or picks.

And at that I think Cleveland is only doing that if it gets a great deal in the mix.

Otherwise Houston would have to carve out the space, which is going to mean renouncing Capella, which would be a mistake.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2018, 08:48 AM
I know it makes no sense for the Cís to make room for him but I still think heís gonna want to go there.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Boston has a helluva team, but what happens when Hayward and Kyrie come back? EIther Tatum or Browns and definitely Roziers minutes will be cut and that will be a problem seeing how each has stepped up big time in the playoffs. Kind of wonder if they just have to trade off these pieces for a Kawhi or someone of that magnitude

homie564
05-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Boston has a helluva team, but what happens when Hayward and Kyrie come back? EIther Tatum or Browns and definitely Roziers minutes will be cut and that will be a problem seeing how each has stepped up big time in the playoffs. Kind of wonder if they just have to trade off these pieces for a Kawhi or someone of that magnitude

Starting lineup will probably be

Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Horford

Brads system doesnít need a true 2 or 4... he would rather play with a point guard, a Mobile Center, and 3 wing players

HandsOnTheWheel
05-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Starting lineup will probably be

Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Horford

Brads system doesnít need a true 2 or 4... he would rather play with a point guard, a Mobile Center, and 3 wing players

True. You just wonder if Ainge's thinking is to package Rozier while his value is sky high and possibly Brown to bring Kawhi aboard. They're already close to gs fully healthy, but Kawhi puts them right there if not above gs

homie564
05-16-2018, 09:17 AM
True. You just wonder if Ainge's thinking is to package Rozier while his value is sky high and possibly Brown to bring Kawhi aboard. They're already close to gs fully healthy, but Kawhi puts them right there if not above gs

Certainly something Iíve thought about... I just have a hard time trading Jaylon...kid balls, and I think he can win a few DPOYs along the way. Problem with bringing Kawhi in is idk if they can make it work salary wise after this year to sign both him and Kyrie to max deals

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 09:32 AM

Too much risk involved here when you already know what you have. If this team as currently constructed gets to the Finals. Why would we trade key components for a more expensive player with ? marks. I'd much rather bring back the same team and essentially add Kyrie, Gordon and an improved Tatum to a finals roster?

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Too few teams have cap space to just absorb contracts. On of the only ways that happens is if LAL whiff on Bron (who goes to Houston), Paul George (Philly), and Kawhi (doesn't get traded), and they want to make some moves by either bringing in players or picks.

And at that I think Cleveland is only doing that if it gets a great deal in the mix.

Otherwise Houston would have to carve out the space, which is going to mean renouncing Capella, which would be a mistake.

Teams with $20+ Mil in practical cap space
LAL
CHI
PHI
ATL
SAC
DAL

Teams with $10+
BRK
ORL
PHO
UTA

Anderson is the tough one to get rid of but teams like ATL, DAL, SAC, CHI could all be players if they get assets along with him. The next $8M could be shed to any above mentioned team.

Plenty of options for HOU.

You renounce Capella for LBJ every day of the week. Their compete window is now. Capella has been great no doubt and has a bright future. But essentially trading Capella for LeBron puts them GS territory immediately. Capella does not. If they beat GS this year - well throw it all out the window and they'll stay the course.

They do have an avenue to chase LBJ without renouncing Capella as well.

brandt
05-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Teams with $20+ Mil in practical cap space
LAL
CHI
PHI
ATL
SAC
DAL

Teams with $10+
BRK
ORL
PHO
UTA

Anderson is the tough one to get rid of but teams like ATL, DAL, SAC, CHI could all be players if they get assets along with him. The next $8M could be shed to any above mentioned team.

Plenty of options for HOU.

You renounce Capella for LBJ every day of the week. Their compete window is now. Capella has been great no doubt and has a bright future. But essentially trading Capella for LeBron puts them GS territory immediately. Capella does not. If they beat GS this year - well throw it all out the window and they'll stay the course.

They do have an avenue to chase LBJ without renouncing Capella as well.

I didnt the Rockets had any assets left.

Rivera
05-16-2018, 09:53 AM
Ball movement + Team Defense + Length & Athleticism + Toughness + Pride = Boston Celtics

They are honestly the best matchup for the Warriors. Different style of play than the Rockets but would work better against GSW

Styles make fights. And I hope Boston can put Cleveland away

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Ball movement + Team Defense + Length & Athleticism + Toughness + Pride = Boston Celtics

They are honestly the best matchup for the Warriors. Different style of play than the Rockets but would work better against GSW

Styles make fights. And I hope Boston can put Cleveland away

I really like the way we match up against GS. They're still favored but I think we match up with them better than anyone

Rozier - Curry
Brown - Thompson
Tatum - Iguodala
Horford - Durant
Morris- Green

On paper you'd say GS wins each of those individual matchups but our guys can make it difficult in each of those matchups. And we can switch easily without mismatch.

warfelg
05-16-2018, 10:00 AM

That's the issue. They don't have much to attach to Anderson to move him. That's what they struggled with last year.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 10:01 AM
If Boston doesnít win 1 in Cleveland theyíll lose the series.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 10:04 AM

They can trade for assets

My ideal offseason if I'm the HOU GM

Trade Gordon for a pick
Trade Tucker for a pick

Use picks to package with Anderson and dump him with Qi.

Renounce everyone but Capella

That leaves
Harden
Hilario
Onauku

On the roster accounting for $42.6M in roster cap + $7.5M roster charge for incomplete roster charges. On a $101M cap they'd have $51M to bring in LeBron and CP3 back. They can then go over the cap to re-sign Capella

The rest of the roster would have to be minimum contracts plus an exception to use on a larger deal

CP3
Harden
LeBron
Hilario
Capella

6th man MLE player

warfelg
05-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Looks like you aren't accounting for cap holds on CP3 and Capella. That also does not get past the GSW.

LaVar Ball
05-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Rodney Hood sucks

Jordan Clarkson should be playing more minutes. Hell, I think he should be starting at this point.

ewing
05-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Love how brown gets hit with a hard screen and gets up and scores the announcers call him out for the quick recovery lmao

Van Gundy was all over that one

mightybosstone
05-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Looks like you aren't accounting for cap holds on CP3 and Capella. That also does not get past the GSW.

Yeah, but you could feasibly renounce Paul's cap hold, and Capela's cap hold is only like $7 million. If you cleaned house and got rid of everything but Harden, Nene and Capela's cap hold, you'd be sitting at $41.07 million. Assuming the cap conservatively goes up to something like $105 million, that would give them nearly $64 million to sign both Paul and Lebron, and they could still go over the cap to keep Capela.

But then the problem is that they'd have five players at somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 million with no Ariza, Tucker, Gordon or Mbah a Moute. But maybe they could convince Ariza and/or Mbah a Moute to sign for the veteran minimum this year, or they could feasibly keep Tucker, but that's like $8 million less that they'd have to sign Paul and Lebron.

There's a ton of "ifs" in this scenario, but it's not completely impossible. And I do think you could build a team around those four core guys that would be good enough to beat Golden State.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 10:28 AM

I accounted for cap hold on Capella ($7M). If CP3 re-signs for less than his cap number there's no need to account for his cap hold.

Ahriman
05-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I really like the way we match up against GS. They're still favored but I think we match up with them better than anyone

Rozier - Curry
Brown - Thompson
Tatum - Iguodala
Horford - Durant
Morris- Green

On paper you'd say GS wins each of those individual matchups but our guys can make it difficult in each of those matchups. And we can switch easily without mismatch.

Highly doubt Morris wouldn't be guarding Durant

warfelg
05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but you could feasibly renounce Paul's cap hold, and Capela's cap hold is only like $7 million. If you cleaned house and got rid of everything but Harden, Nene and Capela's cap hold, you'd be sitting at $41.07 million. Assuming the cap conservatively goes up to something like $105 million, that would give them nearly $64 million to sign both Paul and Lebron, and they could still go over the cap to keep Capela.

But then the problem is that they'd have five players at somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 million with no Ariza, Tucker, Gordon or Mbah a Moute. But maybe they could convince Ariza and/or Mbah a Moute to sign for the veteran minimum this year, or they could feasibly keep Tucker, but that's like $8 million less that they'd have to sign Paul and Lebron.

There's a ton of "ifs" in this scenario, but it's not completely impossible. And I do think you could build a team around those four core guys that would be good enough to beat Golden State.

Not saying itís impossible. Just it would take quite a lot to get it done.

Where the issue lies is depth. And itís why I think a situation like that would be very tough. Just clearing the cap space alone is going to take a ton of work.

Itís why I initially said sign and trade, as opposed to outright sign.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Remember when David Griffin was about to get PG for Kyrie then got fired?

Ahriman
05-16-2018, 10:50 AM
PG and Bledsoe iirc

tredigs
05-16-2018, 11:01 AM
JR should be suspended between these games. That type of **** can end a career. And this is more of the same from him.

ewing
05-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Who was the white guy on NBA TV after the game last night?

Rivera
05-16-2018, 01:09 PM
this young team (outside of Horford/Morris) just keeps growing up in front of us. From the Bucks series until now. They are learning alot and dealt with adversary really well.

They took a haymaker from the best player in the world in Q1 didnt fold. C's just keep chipping away and away and away until they take the lead and take over the game. Just a flat out impressive performance. Yesterdays performance was as bit as good as their game 1 considering the circumstances.

im getting myself hyped for a Cs v Ws finals. I know GSW will win, but the length, athletisicm, ball movement, pride this team has is going to make things super tough for GSW

Forever35
05-16-2018, 02:40 PM
You know your team is trending in the right direction when an opposing player say that Danny Ainge is a ****ing thief referring to the Kyrie trade... Funny thing is, Kyrie has had zero impact in this series... :D

Forever35
05-16-2018, 02:48 PM
this young team (outside of Horford/Morris) just keeps growing up in front of us. From the Bucks series until now. They are learning alot and dealt with adversary really well.

They took a haymaker from the best player in the world in Q1 didnt fold. C's just keep chipping away and away and away until they take the lead and take over the game. Just a flat out impressive performance. Yesterdays performance was as bit as good as their game 1 considering the circumstances.

im getting myself hyped for a Cs v Ws finals. I know GSW will win, but the length, athletisicm, ball movement, pride this team has is going to make things super tough for GSW

I think LeBron's performance was very meh... He took 13 out of his 29 shots in the 1st qtr... 5 for 10 from the stripe... 6 TO's... After that 1st qtr he just sulked and complained his way to the last whistle...

Wherever LeBron goes, you can kiss the HC bye bye and he'll have some handpicked HC to replace... I will say that Spoelstra has turned into a heck of a coach...

LeBron goes to Houston... Bye Bye D'Antoni...
LeBron goes to LAL... Bye Bye Walton...
LeBron goes to Philly... Bye Bye Brown... IMO, that would be a good thing though... :D

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Celtics are a very good team.

But if they make the Finals, it just goes to show how weak the Eastern Conference really is.

AntiG
05-16-2018, 03:02 PM

But if they make the Finals, it just goes to show how weak the Eastern Conference really is.

or how brilliant Stevens is.

beasted86
05-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Rodney Hood sucks

I've never seen such an epic tank job in a contract year.

He went from a guy who should have been looking at a $14M+ deal to who the hell knows now. 1yr qualifying offer? That's what I'd leave it at if I was a GM. Horrible attitude.

MygirlhatesCod
05-16-2018, 03:23 PM

He went from a guy who should have been looking at a $14M+ deal to who the hell knows now. 1yr qualifying offer? That's what I'd leave it at if I was a GM. Horrible attitude.

i was thinking the same thing. he literally lit his own dumpster fire.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 03:35 PM
or how brilliant Stevens is.

Very good coach, no doubt.

they havent really beat anyone good.

Beat Bucks w/ interm coach took them to 7 games

Beat young inexperienced 76ers team

up 2-0 on a poor cavs team.

homie564
05-16-2018, 03:52 PM

So basically if they havenít beaten Houston or GSW (both of whom they did beat in the regular season actually)...they beat a bunch of scrubs? I donít buy that mentality. Cleveland is as good as any team not named GSW imo.... and Philly was playing GREAT basketball coming into Boston

CHANGO
05-16-2018, 04:19 PM
I don't see people here talking about the Cavs defense. Is all about Lebron, Lebron is amazing and doesn't have help or Lebron sucks and that Cavs team is good. There's no in-between. While the C's defense is great last night it was more of the Cavs defense letting them into the game. More specifically J.R. How many times did JR let Brown, Rozier or Smart open for a 3 pointer? How many defensive lapses? Therefore we have to blame Lue too... He played JR 27 mins and didn't hit a single 3pointer while shooting 7 times.

I love Brad Stevens, he is the best or 2nd best coach in the game and have a great athletic team yes they are talented but that's all Brad Stevens. Just look at Thomas, Crowder and Avery Bradley, they are nothing right now compared to what they were in that C's team. The NBA is disrespecting Stevens with the coaches not casting a SINGLE vote for him as COTY. They selected Casey over him... lol... I hope he wins the COTY because he deserves it.

If the Cavs don't defend they are done. They can't keep letting Boston taking wide open 3's and layups. That second game was the best one for them to steal from the C's, they had a hot Korver knocking shots and he olny played 21 mins compared to 27 for JR not only that, Jeff Green played more mins than both of them (28) and was horrible too just like JR. He had 5 TO's... I remember when Lebron sit and they let Jeff running the offense, that was rough to watch I think he commited 2 straight turnovers in that one.

IMO the Cavs need more of Nance and less of Green. More of Korver and less of JR. When Nance was on court defense was better and he set great screens that help free Korver or Lebron for good offensive possessions. TT is also having a great series and they need the same from him.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 04:38 PM
So basically if they havenít beaten Houston or GSW (both of whom they did beat in the regular season actually)...they beat a bunch of scrubs? I donít buy that mentality. Cleveland is as good as any team not named GSW imo.... and Philly was playing GREAT basketball coming into Boston

They have been a bit lucky these playoffs. The East is a lot weaker this year and Celtics have taken advantage of it.

Yes Boston has some wins against GSW and HOU, but that's the regular season. Wouldnt you say the Warriors are playing significantly better now in the playoffs?

76ers swept the Heat who is not very good at all.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Loving Marcus Smart these playoffs.

I think hes played himself into a really nice 15m a year contract. Hes like a mini Draymond Green out there. He's sets the tone for the Celtics.

homie564
05-16-2018, 04:51 PM
They have been a bit lucky these playoffs. The East is a lot weaker this year and Celtics have taken advantage of it.

Yes Boston has some wins against GSW and HOU, but that's the regular season. Wouldnt you say the Warriors are playing significantly better now in the playoffs?

76ers swept the Heat who is not very good at all.

Swept the heat and had a ridiculous winning streak prior to that. Youíre basically saying thereís only 2 good teams in the entire league then... considering this ďbadĒ Cavs team swept the 1 seed.... essentially according to your logic, if Boston doesnít beat Golden State or Houston, they played a bunch of chumps and arenít worthy of the praise... thatís the only thing Iím disagreeing with.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Why does everyone keep saying the Heat got swept? 36 year old Wade carried them to a W, almost 2 but the refs were too much.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 04:54 PM
I think The Jazz could probably beat Celtics in a 7 game series if they had home court.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Cavs should be much better at home. Role players usually play a lot better. Celtic are not a rood road team this year. I could see Cavs evening it up to 2-2.

homie564
05-16-2018, 04:59 PM
I think The Jazz could probably beat Celtics in a 7 game series if they had home court.

I donít... but thatís besides the point... I donít think Utah is better than Cleveland or Philly for that matter

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Do you think Celtics are going to keep Marcus Smart? I think hes going to get a nice deal somewhere.

homie564
05-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Do you think Celtics are going to keep Marcus Smart? I think hes going to get a nice deal somewhere.

Unfortunately I highly doubt it. Heíll get 14-17M per from someone... heíd have to take a significant discount

PAOboston
05-16-2018, 05:20 PM
I'd like to thank the NBA for not suspending JR Smith. The Cs appreciate it.

BKLYNpigeon
05-16-2018, 05:23 PM

yea thats dumb. If Horford got injured then, he would be Suspended.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 05:29 PM

I think he'll be back. Danny and Brad LOVE him, for obvious reasons. Unless a team is doling out $18+ mil he's likely going to stay. His cap hold is $13M which is about right value wise. He's a restricted Free Agent so Ainge can match any offer he receives. If Smart gets an offer for $13-15M, I think we match and he returns.

The odd man out is likely Marcus Morris. When Hayward returns to the starting lineup, Morris minutes will be virtually null.

WaDe03
05-16-2018, 05:46 PM

Celtics dodged a bullet there

Bostonjorge
05-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Boston become a underdog/finished team when Irving went down. Irving was the only real threat to Harden for MVP all season. The east teams tanked to get who they wanted in the playoffs while Boston fought for that second spot. With injuryís Boston was supposed to lose in the first.

Bucks have true elite star. They also had young help. Parker who will get paid and the QB Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe Vs Rozier was the deciding factor for Boston to pull it off. Brown out played everyone leading them in scoring.

Sixers have the scariest combo in the league. Simmons and Embiid. They have better coaches then Milwaukee and are deeper. Brown goes down and misses 2 games but Rozier carries over his hot streak and Tatum finally gets to the very top of the team and makes history 7 strait 20+ games in the playoffs. Horford defense was the deciding factor and gave Boston the edge they needed.

Brown is now back and leading the team in scoring again. Interestingly enough heís doing it off his offensive weaknesses(shooting). Smart has as many hustle plays as Draymond Green. The deciding factor will be Morris turning into a huge X Factor. Didnít see that coming at all.

kobe4thewinbang
05-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Mostly to Love and Korver

Just bad offense. When I was watching the game last night I called it. LeBron came out guns a blazing and the rest of his team sat back and watched. Bron got hurt and went back into the locker room and Love and Korver stepped up for that short period of time. Once LeBron came back in he lost his aggressiveness but the entire team was sitting back waiting for him to take control again - he never did. This team is FAR too reliant on LeBron to just take over and facilitate everything. Korver was fire in the first half. Stevens made adjustments on him and he was effectively eliminated the second half. JR Smith has always been streaky but when he's playing on a team like this he's completely ineffective. He's been bad all series long

Nance can't play D. When he was in the game Stevens put Monroe in and basically posted him up until Lou took him back out.

A good defensive team vs. A bad defensive team. CLE ranked 29th in D and this series shows why. Celtics are the best defensive team in the NBA.Thanks for shedding some light. That's just plain sad that they were spectating LeBron. You gotta shoot to win in basketball, lol. And it can't just be LeBron. Interesting LBJ got hurt, so rare, glad he wasn't hurt-hurt. Other than that cramp in SA, he's like a damn terminator. Hopefully being at home will make this Cavs team come alive. They boast a lot of good shooting especially from deep when they actually want to shoot the ball other than LeBron. I see about Nance. Horford has been on a tear these playoffs! Maybe start Nance and see if he can counterbalance the bad defense with some jams. And I still don't understand not playing Clarkson.

kobe4thewinbang
05-16-2018, 06:02 PM

He went from a guy who should have been looking at a $14M+ deal to who the hell knows now. 1yr qualifying offer? That's what I'd leave it at if I was a GM. Horrible attitude.Yeah, weird. You'd think LeBron would take him aside and say "kid, what are you doing?" Hood went to Duke too, which usually breeds quality athletes. And he's a 4 year player, so it's even weirder all these choices he's made lately. Not like he's a rookie.

kobe4thewinbang
05-16-2018, 06:27 PM
I don't see people here talking about the Cavs defense. Is all about Lebron, Lebron is amazing and doesn't have help or Lebron sucks and that Cavs team is good. There's no in-between. While the C's defense is great last night it was more of the Cavs defense letting them into the game. More specifically J.R. How many times did JR let Brown, Rozier or Smart open for a 3 pointer? How many defensive lapses? Therefore we have to blame Lue too... He played JR 27 mins and didn't hit a single 3pointer while shooting 7 times.

I love Brad Stevens, he is the best or 2nd best coach in the game and have a great athletic team yes they are talented but that's all Brad Stevens. Just look at Thomas, Crowder and Avery Bradley, they are nothing right now compared to what they were in that C's team. The NBA is disrespecting Stevens with the coaches not casting a SINGLE vote for him as COTY. They selected Casey over him... lol... I hope he wins the COTY because he deserves it. https://i.imgur.com/MdTFDJg.png

Lil Rhody
05-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Even Bron has given up playing D

flea
05-16-2018, 07:15 PM

I wish Marcus Smart had landed a punch on him. That would have been fun to see how the NBA league office would mete out 'justice.'

Laker Legend42
05-16-2018, 08:02 PM

It really doesnít. Top to bottom the east was better than the west. The worse teams in the league reside in the western conference. Look at the #3 seed in the west. Swept away easily in the 1st round. 1 & 2 in the west is very good. 3 through 8 was just okay. Because of the way Boston is built they will be an issue for either team in the west (god I hate saying that) they are deeeeeppp at sf. The most important spot on the floor. Combined they can guard 2 thru 4 and also force the other team to defend on the other end. This is the biggest issue for lebron as well. He canít rest on defense against this team. It was so dumb of Cleveland to give up kyrie and not get brown or Tatum in return. Kyrie for the 8th overall pick was a steal and a half. Danny ainge isnít a thief. Heís a rapist. He butt raped the nets then turned around and mouth raped the cavs. I hate the Celtics with a sports fan passion but I canít front on what they have been able to do. Danny ainge remembers how bad things went after the bird era and heís done a great job to insure to never return there. (Man that hurts)

BoSox47
05-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately I highly doubt it. Heíll get 14-17M per from someone... heíd have to take a significant discount

No he will not have to take a discount. Celtics own his birds rights which allows them to sign players that already have over their salary cap. Celtics ownership has already said they are willing to pay the extra lucury tax to keep the team together.

Ishkabibble
05-16-2018, 09:08 PM
It really doesnít. Top to bottom the east was better than the west. The worse teams in the league reside in the western conference. Look at the #3 seed in the west. Swept away easily in the 1st round. 1 & 2 in the west is very good. 3 through 8 was just okay. Because of the way Boston is built they will be an issue for either team in the west (god I hate saying that) they are deeeeeppp at sf. The most important spot on the floor. Combined they can guard 2 thru 4 and also force the other team to defend on the other end. This is the biggest issue for lebron as well. He canít rest on defense against this team. It was so dumb of Cleveland to give up kyrie and not get brown or Tatum in return. Kyrie for the 8th overall pick was a steal and a half. Danny ainge isnít a thief. Heís a rapist. He butt raped the nets then turned around and mouth raped the cavs. I hate the Celtics with a sports fan passion but I canít front on what they have been able to do. Danny ainge remembers how bad things went after the bird era and heís done a great job to insure to never return there. (Man that hurts)

Well said and thanks for the thoughts, LL.
I think C's fans respect several NBA franchises but the only one we've both respected and feared over the years was the Lakers. And it was really impossible to hate Magic Johnson, which sucked. Tell you how well Ainge has performed his duties; in order to sign Hayward, he dealt Avery Bradley in a salary dump for a lesser player (Marcus Morris) and ended up winning that trade too. Easily, in fact, when all he really wanted was the $4M he saved. The well-documented Philly trade down to get Tatum plus Sacramento's 2019 #1, all to select the guy he would've taken #1 if Boston had stayed put. And as good as any decision he's made, rolling the dice on a college coach at a time when hiring them had become unpopular w/ NBA front offices. And he did all this on the fly, without bottoming out for 4-5 years. The highest picks they've had (using their own picks) were Smart at #6 and Olynik at #11.

bagwell368
05-16-2018, 09:55 PM

No. That would give the C's 4 max players. Also after the last two games I've given up the idea of dealing Brown - even for a guy that essentially sat out a year.

Any deal for KL would have to be KI or GH plus the two good picks the C's own, and a 3rd team since I don't see SAS wanting either of those two max guys.

bagwell368
05-16-2018, 09:57 PM

You play who they tell you to play.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2018, 12:11 AM
It's probably right around there, agreed, but that's a hell of a player. You can argue not top 10, but PP was easily top 20 and a perenniel All Star. If they get that from Tatum it's a huge win. And like Pierce his game will last extremely well if he stays healthy.

Oh yeah, easily top 20, not to mention could go head up with Bron and Kobe and match there offense and would. Pierce had no fear.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Ahh hahaahhaha. This is amazing

😂

IKnowHoops
05-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Believe it or not, Iím still confident Cavs pull this series out somehow.

Laker Legend42
05-17-2018, 12:52 AM
Believe it or not, Iím still confident Cavs pull this series out somehow.

Where is that confidence rooted? If all you got is lebron you should consider changing your name. Lebron had a monster 1st half in game 2 and only went into the half with a five point lead. The refs tried to help out by not ejecting jr but if no one else comes to play go ahead and mail this one in. Lebron has to be Jamaican and do all the jobs on this team. All basketball aside this dude is flat tired.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Crowder, Injured Thomas and the 8th pick for the only real threat to Hardenís MVP.

Bradly for Morris and Cap space to sign Hayward.

Fultz for Tatum + Sacramentoís pick next year only 1st over all protected.

I donít know who got more taken advantage of? Fultz has less trade value then Jahil Okafor.

TylerSL
05-17-2018, 03:52 AM
I feel like this series is going to be tied 2-2 after Monday. o.o

TylerSL
05-17-2018, 03:54 AM
Crowder, Injured Thomas and the 8th pick for the only real threat to Hardenís MVP.

Bradly for Morris and Cap space to sign Hayward.

Fultz for Tatum + Sacramentoís pick next year only 1st over all protected.

I donít know who got more taken advantage of? Fultz has less trade value then Jahil Okafor.

While I agree that Boston has fleeced basically everyone they have done business with recently, the bolded is not true.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 06:23 AM

Who in the West outside of HOU and GS actually has a better team than TOR, BOS, PHI or CLE? SAS? No, certainly not without Kawhi, maybe not even with him. Portland? They're a slightly better WAS. OKC? Maybe in star power but that's it - the on court product certainly wasn't. UTA was a nice up and coming team but not better than the top 4 in the East. MIN? again, big names, huge potential - bad coaching and the product on the court didn't live up to what it should have.

Ranking the playoff teams
GS
HOU
BOS
CLE
PHI
TOR
POR
UTA
OKC
NO
IND
MIL
SAS
MIA
MIN
WAS

After Toronto, there isn't much separating 7-16

nastynice
05-17-2018, 06:46 AM
Who in the West outside of HOU and GS actually has a better team than TOR, BOS, PHI or CLE? SAS? No, certainly not without Kawhi, maybe not even with him. Portland? They're a slightly better WAS. OKC? Maybe in star power but that's it - the on court product certainly wasn't. UTA was a nice up and coming team but not better than the top 4 in the East. MIN? again, big names, huge potential - bad coaching and the product on the court didn't live up to what it should have.

GS
HOU
BOS
CLE
PHI
TOR
POR
UTA
OKC
NO
IND
MIL
SAS
MIA
MIN
WAS

After Rox and Dubs I'd put new Orleans, Utah, minny, Portland, Boston, okc

East is seriously garbage. Seriously. That's why it's hard to really gauge Boston right now. Fully healthy tho they're def legit, Philly will get there soon

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 07:06 AM

East is seriously garbage. Seriously. That's why it's hard to really gauge Boston right now. Fully healthy tho they're def legit, Philly will get there soon

How are you going to put those teams in the same area as BOS. They all had worse records and had the pleasure of beating up on PHO, MEM, SAC and DAL all season. Portland showed their true colors in the playoffs losing right away. MIN was the #8 seed, you're really going to say a #8 seed is better than a #2? Ridiculous.

BOS record against these teams in the regular season...7-3. The only argument you have is NO who handed BOS 2 of those 3 L's. Utah, MIN, OKC POR combined for 1 win against BOS.

nastynice
05-17-2018, 07:13 AM
How are you going to put those teams in the same area as BOS. They all had worse records and had the pleasure of beating up on PHO, MEM, SAC and DAL all season. Portland showed their true colors in the playoffs losing right away. MIN was the #8 seed, you're really going to say a #8 seed is better than a #2? Ridiculous.

BOS record against these teams in the regular season...7-3. The only argument you have is NO who handed BOS 2 of those 3 L's. Utah, MIN, OKC POR combined for 1 win against BOS.

Boston injured as is, my money's def going on those teams

Honestly watching Boston Philly I think Philly was the better team, just there inexperience showed big time. And I seriously doubt Philly coulda even beat the spurs in a series

I'm not tryina hate, like I said its kinda hard to gauge Boston, also I do expect they are going to be a serious team here, along with Philly. Tatums been impressive tho, maybe they COULD hang, it wouldn't be a shocker if they did

Minny, new Orleans and Utah, I'm pretty sure they'd beat Boston.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 07:17 AM
Boston injured as is, my money's def going on those teams

Honestly watching Boston Philly I think Philly was the better team, just there inexperience showed big time. And I seriously doubt Philly coulda even beat the spurs in a series

I'm not tryina hate, like I said its kinda hard to gauge Boston, also I do expect they are going to be a serious team here, along with Philly. Tatums been impressive tho, maybe they COULD hang, it wouldn't be a shocker if they did

How does Boston have experience outside of Al Horford? BOS 2 young players have a combined 1 more year of playoff experience than PHI's Simmons and Embiid...

You're just going to ignore the 7-3 record head to head against the teams you feel are equal to BOS? That's ridiculous considering more than half those wins came with no Kyrie and no Hayward...It was the same C's team you're seeing now.

It's not MAYBE they could hang. They already beat these teams head to head as currently constructed. They beat PHI in 5 games. It's not a questions of maybe and what if's...It's already been proven. BOS is better because they beat them. You're just choosing to ignore facts...

ewing
05-17-2018, 08:17 AM

GS
HOU
BOS
CLE
PHI
TOR
POR
UTA
OKC
NO
IND
MIL
SAS
MIA
MIN
WAS

GS
Hou
No
Bos
Jazz
Clev
Philly

prodigy
05-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Just a some things i wanna mention...

1. I give Boston a lot of credit. They are playing good basketball right now.

2. Cavs defense Just looks awful. Its crazy How coming off a better offensive team like the Raptors and playing good defense for the most part then to just completely fall off and not give any effort like this. How many times are celtic players just standing there all by themselves. No hustle or effort from Cleveland and thats the worse part. Thats what annoys me the most. If cavs left everything on that court but lost im ok with that. But this half-***** effort and no hustle is tough to watch.

3. I like Lebron and believe he is the GOAT when it comes to just flat out basketball. Rebounding, passing, versatile defender, clutch, All around scoring etc... But its Lebron off the court that i do hate. Him holding team hostage, not committing, demanding cavs resign his buddies to huge deals etc... Has hurt the cavs big time. Also chasing Irving away.

4. cavs have good players. Hood, Hill, Clarkson, Korver, Love etc... these are good players with a track record. They just can't seem to play with lebron.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 10:55 AM
This 3 day wait in-between games is BRUTAL...and unnecessary. Should be 2 max.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Cavs should be much better at home. Role players usually play a lot better. Celtic are not a rood road team this year. I could see Cavs evening it up to 2-2.

I think this is what will happen. Cavs gotta play better, though.

I honestly think if we had just an AVERAGE coach, we'd be better right now. We've reached the ECF IN SPITE of having Lue as coach.

TrueFan420
05-17-2018, 11:10 AM
I feel like this series is going to be tied 2-2 after Monday. o.o

It's possible but very unlikely after what we've seen so far

BoilermakerD
05-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Speak that Truth

especially after that 09' playoff series he wore the T Shirt to back up your statement

Bron is no different than others before him or after him, all of the dominant legends of the game love their stats, coaches love their W's and mascots love to act a fool with the home crowds and Thibs never smiled this entire nba season(well at least the games I caught of the wolves), he loves his gas face / mean mug, classic

Other legends have not been in love with their stats like James and Chamberlain.

effen5
05-17-2018, 12:51 PM
lol... east was straight up trash. No 60 win team, and your top team in the east got owned by a team that plays zero defense.

prodigy
05-17-2018, 01:14 PM
I honestly think if we had just an AVERAGE coach, we'd be better right now. We've reached the ECF IN SPITE of having Lue as coach.

Its more lebron then Lue. I mean we have other coaches too lol. not like Lue only one aloud to coach. I'm not saying he's anything special but we have players missing wide open shots and not hustling on defense. Lebron Rolling his eyes when HIS MAN scores acting like its Loves fault lol. Its really hard to coach Lebron.

prodigy
05-17-2018, 01:15 PM
lol... east was straight up trash. No 60 win team, and your top team in the east got owned by a team that plays zero defense.

Why aren't you playing in it then? I mean surely you could beat trash players right?

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 01:17 PM

And has the best player in the league...Possibly all time.

prodigy
05-17-2018, 01:31 PM
True but we only cheated because the Cavs cheated by teaming lebron up with kyrie and love, on the heels of them cheating theyíre way to like 5 top 4 picks, most of which they whiffed on.

Your cheating made us cry for kd, now our cheating is making you cry. Circle of life :)

Iving, wiggins were good picks. Thompson and waiters had hteir moments but those drafts weren't very strong.

I don't cry, like i mentioned to you before Sports doesn't effect my life. I love them and watch rooting for my teams. But win or lose im good. But i hope ur not comparing Lebron/Irving then trading Wiggins for Love too the Warriors bringing in a HOF legend type player like Durant lol. a top 3 player in this league.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Its more lebron then Lue. I mean we have other coaches too lol. not like Lue only one aloud to coach. I'm not saying he's anything special but we have players missing wide open shots and not hustling on defense. Lebron Rolling his eyes when HIS MAN scores acting like its Loves fault lol. Its really hard to coach Lebron.

I meant moreso with his rotations.

He has been pushing the Love-at-center crap for FAR too long. Two of the worst lineups the Cavs have in terms of +/- in these playoffs are:

Hill/Smith/Korver/James/Love

and

Clarkson/Hood/James/Green/Thompson

The first lineup has horrible defense with Korver/Love getting attacked non-stop, and very little rebounding because Love is always out by the perimeter defending PnRs.

The second lineup has no perimeter shooting and is currently a -68 in the playoffs, which is THE WORST lineup the Cavs have had.

Yet, Lue (until game 2) has continually forced these lineups throughout the playoffs.

Sure, LeBron isn't flawless and could improve but if there's anyone to blame it isn't him.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Also, the lack of playing Osman/Zizic all year really hurts us because now it's hard to try to rely on them over our vets.

I feel if Lue had freaking played Zizic all year when he should have, Z could've contributed in the playoffs, and Osman gives us a lot of the things we need vs. this Boston team.

Stevens got the rookie Tatum and 2nd/3rd year players Brown and Rozier playing with the confidence of lions. Those dudes are hitting tough shots left and right because they are HUNGRY. I can't even get mad either... they're so freaking confident it's unbelievable. If Lue were their coach they wouldn't be hitting those shots.

LeonFSU
05-17-2018, 05:36 PM
It's unreal to me that the Cavs haven't played Zizic basically this whole year given what they have at center.

Laker Legend42
05-17-2018, 05:46 PM

GS
HOU
BOS
CLE
PHI
TOR
POR
UTA
OKC
NO
IND
MIL
SAS
MIA
MIN
WAS

After Toronto, there isn't much separating 7-16 Wait Iím confused. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? You are making the same point that I made. If you compare records the east was better this year. Portland was an overblown 3 seed who benefited from a horrible okc team and was swept from the playoffs. The west has the best two teams overall but from three on down the east was the stronger conference.

IKnowHoops
05-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Where is that confidence rooted? If all you got is lebron you should consider changing your name. Lebron had a monster 1st half in game 2 and only went into the half with a five point lead. The refs tried to help out by not ejecting jr but if no one else comes to play go ahead and mail this one in. Lebron has to be Jamaican and do all the jobs on this team. All basketball aside this dude is flat tired.

Iíve watched the Cavs play all year. As bad as they have played, they also can play very well. Brons teammates are timid, and most times the only way to break out of the timidity is to have ur back against the wall.

Laker Legend42
05-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Iíve watched the Cavs play all year. As bad as they have played, they also can play very well. Brons teammates are timid, and most times the only way to break out of the timidity is to have ur back against the wall.
If you watched him play all year then you know they have been horrid all season long. I donít doubt lebron. Itís those high priced paperweights he has around his ankles. You have guys that came from offensive systems. They knew where to go and what they should be doing. Cleveland simply is not that way. Cleveland is a lebron based offense. They run no plays they are just kinda scattered. Also the guys they brought in havenít played a lot of meaningful basketball so the just stand and watch lebron then hoo and ahaha with the crowd.

Chronz
05-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Also, the lack of playing Osman/Zizic all year really hurts us because now it's hard to try to rely on them over our vets.

I feel if Lue had freaking played Zizic all year when he should have, Z could've contributed in the playoffs, and Osman gives us a lot of the things we need vs. this Boston team.

Stevens got the rookie Tatum and 2nd/3rd year players Brown and Rozier playing with the confidence of lions. Those dudes are hitting tough shots left and right because they are HUNGRY. I can't even get mad either... they're so freaking confident it's unbelievable. If Lue were their coach they wouldn't be hitting those shots.

Dude it's all of your guys you haven't integrated. Too much depth of bland players. I don't even know what the point of the trade was if they weren't heavy hitting guys. Yall needed DJ or a kemba oriented trade

Lil Rhody
05-18-2018, 05:52 AM
Honestly the best part of the Irving trade was getting him off the Cavs to make LeBron be the man all alone. Ainge did them dirty

prodigy
05-18-2018, 10:55 AM
I meant moreso with his rotations.

He has been pushing the Love-at-center crap for FAR too long. Two of the worst lineups the Cavs have in terms of +/- in these playoffs are:

Hill/Smith/Korver/James/Love

and

Clarkson/Hood/James/Green/Thompson

The first lineup has horrible defense with Korver/Love getting attacked non-stop, and very little rebounding because Love is always out by the perimeter defending PnRs.

The second lineup has no perimeter shooting and is currently a -68 in the playoffs, which is THE WORST lineup the Cavs have had.

Yet, Lue (until game 2) has continually forced these lineups throughout the playoffs.

Sure, LeBron isn't flawless and could improve but if there's anyone to blame it isn't him.

He swept the Raptors with Love at the 5 and did make the switch quickly for game 2 moving Love to the 4 and TT at the 5. At some point the players have to take responsibility. Coaching lebron and making a team fit around him is hard.

prodigy
05-18-2018, 10:57 AM

I do agree with this. I love osman and Zizic. With guys not trying on defense Osman is a all hustle guy. we need him. But most coaches do stick with the vets (i hate it). Its not just a Lue thing.

prodigy
05-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Honestly the best part of the Irving trade was getting him off the Cavs to make LeBron be the man all alone. Ainge did them dirty

We should still hold off until we see what happens with the 8th pick. do they trade up or keep it, who they take etc... If porter drops to them like many think they will get the best player in the draft IMO. Great all around game.

Ishkabibble
05-18-2018, 02:57 PM

Interesting list.
Especially in light of the fact that Boston went 7-1 vs. OKC, Utah, Portland and Minnesota this year.
7-1.
And they split with Houston and Golden State.
So I'm not suggesting you're wrong.
Obviously, you're wrong.

Lil Rhody
05-18-2018, 03:46 PM
We should still hold off until we see what happens with the 8th pick. do they trade up or keep it, who they take etc... If porter drops to them like many think they will get the best player in the draft IMO. Great all around game.Doesn't matter who they get because right now we have a shot at the finals because Bron doesn't have his Robin. If Irving was still on the Cavs they'd be up 2-0 cause Bron can rest while Irving goes off.

Ainge broke up the only team help Bron really had. Absolutely genius even if that's not the original intent of the trade

D-Leethal
05-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Dude it's all of your guys you haven't integrated. Too much depth of bland players. I don't even know what the point of the trade was if they weren't heavy hitting guys. Yall needed DJ or a kemba oriented trade

The point of the trade was the Nets pick because they knew Lebron was leaving. They also thought they were getting a potential heavy hitting guy in IT along with the pick.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 07:15 PM
How does Boston have experience outside of Al Horford? BOS 2 young players have a combined 1 more year of playoff experience than PHI's Simmons and Embiid...

You're just going to ignore the 7-3 record head to head against the teams you feel are equal to BOS? That's ridiculous considering more than half those wins came with no Kyrie and no Hayward...It was the same C's team you're seeing now.

It's not MAYBE they could hang. They already beat these teams head to head as currently constructed. They beat PHI in 5 games. It's not a questions of maybe and what if's...It's already been proven. BOS is better because they beat them. You're just choosing to ignore facts...

I wouldn't use the regular season as the barometer for predicting a playoff series.

nastynice
05-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Iving, wiggins were good picks. Thompson and waiters had hteir moments but those drafts weren't very strong.

I don't cry, like i mentioned to you before Sports doesn't effect my life. I love them and watch rooting for my teams. But win or lose im good. But i hope ur not comparing Lebron/Irving then trading Wiggins for Love too the Warriors bringing in a HOF legend type player like Durant lol. a top 3 player in this league.

no no no, I was just comparing all the cheating

nastynice
05-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Interesting list.
Especially in light of the fact that Boston went 7-1 vs. OKC, Utah, Portland and Minnesota this year.
7-1.
And they split with Houston and Golden State.
So I'm not suggesting you're wrong.
Obviously, you're wrong.

They split with houston and golden state, huh. So according to this, they're on par?

If boston beats cleveland, care to sig bet that?

Ishkabibble
05-18-2018, 08:36 PM
They split with houston and golden state, huh. So according to this, they're on par?

If boston beats cleveland, care to sig bet that?

Look, I presented you with some facts. And I have zero idea what you're talking about.
Will Boston beat Cleveland? Well, as it stands, I kinda like their odds.
Most importantly, they're playing with house money; it doesn't even matter.
What they got returning and seeing what we are seeing right now, they could be downright frightening next season,

Lil Rhody
05-18-2018, 09:58 PM
When I joined could of sworn that nasty was a Lakers fan!

nastynice
05-19-2018, 03:00 AM
Look, I presented you with some facts. And I have zero idea what you're talking about.
Will Boston beat Cleveland? Well, as it stands, I kinda like their odds.
Most importantly, they're playing with house money; it doesn't even matter.
What they got returning and seeing what we are seeing right now, they could be downright frightening next season,

Yes, part of your facts were that they split with Houston and Golden State, and if I am following your argument correctly this means they are on par with those teams, given the split record.

I still ainít betting against lebron, but I was saying if Boston does indeed pull it off...

nastynice
05-19-2018, 03:01 AM

Haha, I got love for the lake show, clippers and kings. But I own one basketball jersey, thatís a Baron Davis warriors. Ride or die! :smoking:

Lil Rhody
05-19-2018, 05:12 AM
Haha, I got love for the lake show, clippers and kings. But I own one basketball jersey, thatís a Baron Davis warriors. Ride or die! :smoking::) damn Cali with all them teams!

Lil Rhody
05-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Im expecting either a blowout L or a tight W. If we can withstand another Bron haymaker and limit the other guys we should be good. Game 2 nothing was falling for us for a while and they still kept it close enough to win. Hopefully more shots fall tonight.

Deja Vu 2010

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 09:04 AM

Same here. Coulda sworn he started posting after the Lakers won the championship and was hyping up Kobe.

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Im expecting either a blowout L or a tight W. If we can withstand another Bron haymaker and limit the other guys we should be good. Game 2 nothing was falling for us for a while and they still kept it close enough to win. Hopefully more shots fall tonight.

Deja Vu 2010

Cavs will be desperate.

Cavs fans weren't worried after game 1. After game 2 you could tell the difference (listening to sports radio here). But it seems that most people are of the same mind: series isn't over, but the Celtics odds are looking really good to win it and they're likely to.

prodigy
05-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Doesn't matter who they get because right now we have a shot at the finals because Bron doesn't have his Robin. If Irving was still on the Cavs they'd be up 2-0 cause Bron can rest while Irving goes off.

Ainge broke up the only team help Bron really had. Absolutely genius even if that's not the original intent of the trade

Well Irving broke it up. He refused to play on the cavs again and threaten to have surgery and sit whole year. Boston was just the team that had the best offer on the table. (Hindsight bad offer but hard to know Thomas Would be worthless).

Lets see how Irvings health holds up too. Remember most his game involves cuts, drives, contact finishes, flashy moves etc... If his knees are as bad as some believe who knows how long he can play at a superstar level.

prodigy
05-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Cavs will be desperate.

Cavs fans weren't worried after game 1. After game 2 you could tell the difference (listening to sports radio here). But it seems that most people are of the same mind: series isn't over, but the Celtics odds are looking really good to win it and they're likely to.

celtics won at home like they are suppose too. Cavs gotta do the same. I just wanna see more heart and hustle. Game 2 was embarrassing because they just didn't try in the 2nd half.

TrueFan420
05-19-2018, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't use the regular season as the barometer for predicting a playoff series.

I get what your saying but it does play a role. When we matched up with the Mavs in 06-07 playoffs I was pumped cause we owned them in the regular season and I knew we'd own them in the playoffs. If we had won the tie breaker with the lakers I felt we'd likely lose against the Suns. Tho it would have been a hell of a series to watch.

Chronz
05-19-2018, 02:51 PM
The point of the trade was the Nets pick because they knew Lebron was leaving. They also thought they were getting a potential heavy hitting guy in IT along with the pick.
They should've gotten pure picks cuz everyone knew both la and Nets would pick up meaningless wins while everyone else was tanking.

Congrats. They wasted a year of bron for trevon Duvall or something. And they paying luxury. Lmao what a fail, basically no reason for bron to stay

D-Leethal
05-19-2018, 03:53 PM
They should've gotten pure picks cuz everyone knew both la and Nets would pick up meaningless wins while everyone else was tanking.

Congrats. They wasted a year of bron for trevon Duvall or something. And they paying luxury. Lmao what a fail, basically no reason for bron to stay

I think getting a pick + all star expiring player was ideal for them. Any trade that did not get them into the lottery would have been worse, even if the pick didn't end up where they wanted it and IT sucked. At the time it was the Vegas favorite to be the #1 pick. Still think the pick is better than any rumored trade that did not involve a high lotto pick.

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 04:08 PM
I think getting a pick + all star expiring player was ideal for them. Any trade that did not get them into the lottery would have been worse, even if the pick didn't end up where they wanted it and IT sucked. At the time it was the Vegas favorite to be the #1 pick. Still think the pick is better than any rumored trade that did not involve a high lotto pick.

Yeah, I agree. Besides, players had to be added just to, you know, make the money work.

The hindsight-warriors will argue otherwise, though.

Chronz
05-19-2018, 04:14 PM

That the guy was injured and diminutive is what killed it for me. I'm sure they could've gotten a lotto pick for kyrie somewhere (I know people in the organization thought they could've done better but panicked) and even after the trade could've swapped picks with the clippers or something. They wound up getting the worst of both worlds imo. They neither obtained a difference maker nor is the pick likely to land one who may not be ready for years. Even with bron leaving I would've gone in hard, at least then your left with other tradeable assets and can rebuild with a proper tank. Maybe they feel they can compete with the core without lebron as Miami has.

I don't see why or how Vegas thought that way but maybe they didn't anticipate this level of tanking ****ery. I just don't see how a mid lotto pick is better than snaring players who are likely to outperform that pick. They tried to do it all, it may cost them a trip to the finals and absolutely ensures bron is in the right for leaving. I honestly wish he left right after their chip

Chronz
05-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I agree. Besides, players had to be added just to, you know, make the money work.

The hindsight-warriors will argue otherwise, though.
Hindsight warriors? Lmao some of us were talking **** all year

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 04:25 PM
That the guy was injured and diminutive is what killed it for me. I'm sure they could've gotten a lotto pick for kyrie somewhere (I know people in the organization thought they could've done better but panicked)

A lotto pick from where? Kyrie demanded to be traded after the 2017 draft, and no one was certain who would win the lottery for 2018 obviously. The Nets pick along with a potential all-star (if healthy), along with a defensive wing and a young center isn't a bad haul at all at the time. Not great, but when it becomes public knowledge that your star is demanding a trade, you're never going to get a fantastic haul anyway.

and even after the trade could've swapped picks with the clippers or something.

I prefer our situation as-is. Having DJ ain't gonna suddenly mean the Cavs are beating someone out West, nor does it mean they would certainly beat this Celtics team (not the way they're playing right now).

That road leads to nowhere, because then you gotta worry about KEEPING DJ, and once you lose in the ECF or get smashed in the finals, you have nothing to sell LeBron on to try to get him to stay. There's no road to improvement - you've capped out.

At least now, there's a chance you could trade the pick along with some youth (like Osman) and net a guy who would be a nice addition (nevermind the guys like Kawhi or PG13 or Cousins, but there's other guys like Kemba or McCollum, etc...) and make LeBron consider staying.

Chronz
05-19-2018, 05:16 PM
A lotto pick from where? Kyrie demanded to be traded after the 2017 draft, and no one was certain who would win the lottery for 2018 obviously. The Nets pick along with a potential all-star (if healthy), along with a defensive wing and a young center isn't a bad haul at all at the time. Not great, but when it becomes public knowledge that your star is demanding a trade, you're never going to get a fantastic haul anyway.

I prefer our situation as-is. Having DJ ain't gonna suddenly mean the Cavs are beating someone out West, nor does it mean they would certainly beat this Celtics team (not the way they're playing right now).

That road leads to nowhere, because then you gotta worry about KEEPING DJ, and once you lose in the ECF or get smashed in the finals, you have nothing to sell LeBron on to try to get him to stay. There's no road to improvement - you've capped out.

At least now, there's a chance you could trade the pick along with some youth (like Osman) and net a guy who would be a nice addition (nevermind the guys like Kawhi or PG13 or Cousins, but there's other guys like Kemba or McCollum, etc...) and make LeBron consider staying.
I was speaking on the upcoming draft and beyond. That he wasn't healthy was my biggest reason for hating the trade. Celtic fans attest to that defensive swing trending inthe wrong direction. I mean I didn't like IT but none of knew how he would recover so I'll grant you some leeway there.

I disagree with you on what established stars could help you accomplish, I'm with bron on thinking DJ would've given them a boost and I don't see the celtics stopping you with he or kemba.

As for beating the Dubs fine, why even try I suppose but I would give bron that 5% chance over this.

Chronz
05-19-2018, 05:18 PM
If porter falls to you then maybe I'm wrong, that Kid is a mystery

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 05:19 PM
If porter falls to you then maybe I'm wrong, that Kid is a mystery

I'm hoping he does. Or Trae Young.

nastynice
05-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Same here. Coulda sworn he started posting after the Lakers won the championship and was hyping up Kobe.

Haha, that very well could be true. Iím a kobe fan. Iím actually a lebron fan too, poor bastard just picked he wrong time to try and rule this league ;)

Chronz
05-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Kemba and dwight or marvin williams don't entice tho?

D-Leethal
05-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Kemba and dwight or marvin williams don't entice tho?

Doesn't entice more than the Nets pick for a post-LeBron world.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2018, 08:31 PM
No way Lebron goes down 0-3. CAvs going to be extremely tough team to beat today.

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 08:46 PM
that's the George Hill we need. He has been a ghost on offense so far this series

Vee-Rex
05-19-2018, 08:55 PM
I don't feel safe with any lead with this Cavs team

Lil Rhody
05-19-2018, 08:55 PM
I will also say if the Cavs do win nobody better come in here and tuck Bron for winning because he is playing against a bunch of kids