PDA

View Full Version : PG-13 Sweepstakes *Update: PG Staying in OKC*

Tg11
05-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Should Paul George stay in OKC? If he does leave, then realistically which teams could be or should be in the running to get Paul George this summer especially if he goes into free agency?

Personally I can see PG-13 staying in OKC. I will tell you why. If he is on OKC not only does he have a chance at being on a playoff contending team but also he doesn't have to play off the ball as the #1 option. Granted, if he were to go to the Lakers he would have to become the #1 option almost by default immediately. I just don't see Paul George as a leader but more as a #2 or a #3 option where he isn't depended upon as much to play on the ball.

Granted, teams that I can see him going to should he leave:

Lakers- He is from the Los Angeles area and he has made no secret about wanting to play for his hometown Lakers. However, the Lakers are a young team with no real superstar talent that screams All Star. Now if George goes there he would have to be the #1 guy and he would have to have the ball in his hands all the time. Now can the Lakers really attract any big names especially with the young talent they have? Kind of tough if you ask me.

Clippers- Another team in the Los Angeles area and the Clippers too are also a young squad. However, with George there you can pair him up with DeAndre Jordan and those guys. George obviously would be the #1 option but also they too are also in the LA area just like the Lakers are. They play in the same building don't they not? So what is the real difference? The Clippers are just as young as the Lakers are provided they have veteran presence in Lou Williams who should have been an All Star. Add George into that team they can actually be a pretty good team again in the West.

Sixers- PG-13 to the Sixers I have been hearing a lot. You add him with a team that could potentially be like the Warriors of the East given their youth and their superstar caliber talent with Simmons and Embiid that would be a scary team if you add Paul George.

Rockets- Another team who can be dangerous if you add Paul George already to CP3 and Harden. They would virtually be unstoppable in the West especially enough that they can dethrone Golden State especially if PG-13 goes there.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Other potential teams George I can see him going to are the Spurs or even the Cavs

mightybosstone
05-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I think he'll leave, and I think he's going to the Lakers. But if he didn't go to LA, I'm not sure where he would go. I just don't think it makes any sense for him to stay in OKC.

If he stays in OKC, I don't think that team is going to get substantially better any time soon. Just Westbrook, Melo, Adams and Roberson combined made $97.435 million next season, and that doesn't include Abrines, Patterson or Singler. So if PG signs, there's basically zero wiggle room to get better in the immediate future. And if George does sign in OKC and Melo is gone after next season, they'll still have easily more than $100 million invested in Westy, Adams, George and Roberson in 2019-20, so how is that team going to get any better?

This offseason is going to be an extremely interesting one for OKC. Because if George leaves, they're left with so few quality players around Westbrook and almost no pieces to trade for a legitimate No. 2. The only wild card in this is Melo and his ridiculous $28 million he's set to make next season. He could pull a super classy veteran move and opt out to give Presti more room to work with and improve the team, but what motivation does he really have to do that?

More than likely, I think this experiment is over, George will be gone and Presti will be left picking up the pieces of this failure for years to come. Maybe I'm being a little bleak here, but I just don't think things are looking up for that team right now.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Paul George even if he goes to the Lakers they still wouldn't be a contender in the West because with the young guys they have in Lonzo, Kuzma, Randle, etc. that still wouldn't be enough for them to contend with just Paul George. It is not even like the Lakers are even a contender right now anyway so why go to a situation where you can't win? At least on a contender PG-13 would have a chance at ultimately winning a title.

Burkey3472
05-11-2018, 10:27 AM
It really depends on if George wants to win right away or not. If he is ok playing with a fairly young team that probably wouldn't compete for a title for at least 3-4 years he can go to the Lakers. Playing in nice weather and close to home could be important for him too. If he actually wants to compete for a title I'd say teams like the Cavs/Rockets/Sixers/Spurs would be in the mix. Adding him with their core would bring them into the conversation of winning a title (if they aren't there already). If he actually wants to win, he should leave OKC because he isn't going to win anything with Westbrook.

Tg11
05-11-2018, 10:28 AM
That is true because Westbrook you just can't make it work with him he is one of those players that you just can't play with

Vinylman
05-11-2018, 01:24 PM
More clueless assessments of the Lakers...

All I will say is watch what happens... its gonna be funny all the whining that will happen in this forum

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 01:40 PM

All I will say is watch what happens... its gonna be funny all the whining that will happen in this forum

Got my popcorn ready

More-Than-Most
05-11-2018, 07:50 PM

Yea... I mean you guys were suppose to get westy/Durant while ball was suppose to be the ROY and the lakers were suppose to make the playoffs etc etc etc... Also Mosgod was a great signing at the time much like so and so... You cant call out clueless assessments when you are literally wrong all the time along with the majority the passed 2 years when it has anything to do with the lakers... Remember how DLO was the next coming until he was traded?

The lakers may very well get PG13 and that will be great but its not even remotely close to a game changer. Sixers/Lakers are the hot spot right now for every free agent but I wouldnt be surprised if both end up striking out.

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2018, 07:58 PM

:clap:

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Yea... I mean you guys were suppose to get westy/Durant while ball was suppose to be the ROY and the lakers were suppose to make the playoffs etc etc etc... Also Mosgod was a great signing at the time much like so and so... You cant call out clueless assessments when you are literally wrong all the time along with the majority the passed 2 years when it has anything to do with the lakers... Remember how DLO was the next coming until he was traded?

The lakers may very well get PG13 and that will be great but its not even remotely close to a game changer. Sixers/Lakers are the hot spot right now for every free agent but I wouldnt be surprised if both end up striking out.

Vinylman wrong? I’ve seen a majority of his posts and they’re usually spot on. I think you’re just mixing everyone up in the Lakers forum, all good. Chill out man, stay cool.

More-Than-Most
05-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Vinylman wrong? I’ve seen a majority of his posts and they’re usually spot on. I think you’re just mixing everyone up in the Lakers forum, all good. Chill out man, stay cool.

nono we have a thing going. He calls me a dumbass every chance he gets lol.. Its only fair. Honestly I hope the lakers do get PG13 if we dont.. Lakers/knicks makes the NBA fun.

Leftcoast_yg
05-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Paul George even if he goes to the Lakers they still wouldn't be a contender in the West because with the young guys they have in Lonzo, Kuzma, Randle, etc. that still wouldn't be enough for them to contend with just Paul George. It is not even like the Lakers are even a contender right now anyway so why go to a situation where you can't win? At least on a contender PG-13 would have a chance at ultimately winning a title.

We get it you don't think highly of the Lakers move on.

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2018, 09:04 PM
nono we have a thing going. He calls me a dumbass every chance he gets lol.. Its only fair. Honestly I hope the lakers do get PG13 if we dont.. Lakers/knicks makes the NBA fun.

Lol oh, we’ll carry on then. I too miss the Knicks being good, I mean just even relatively good. They don’t have to be title contenders but you’re right much better when we get all those die hard Knicks fans.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 09:55 PM
5 points in an elimination game.

sixer04fan
05-11-2018, 10:06 PM
He’s ridiculously favored to go to the Lakers right now. 1/2 odds in Vegas. That’s pretty crazy, they’re basically putting it as a done deal.

1/2 - Lakers
4/1 - OKC
6/1 - Sixers
9/1 - Pacers, Cavs, Clippers
18/1 - Pelicans/Knicks

Tg11
05-12-2018, 07:45 AM
If he went back to the Pacers to pair up with Oladipo and the crew then the Pacers would definitely look good in the East that's for sure.

Plus he started his career in Indiana so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch if he went back. However, if he goes to the Cavs they are instant favorites to win it all especially if you pair him up with Love and LeBron especially if LeBron were to stay in Cleveland.

Paul George on the Clippers I mean really what difference would it make if he were to play for the Lakers or Clippers? I mean don't they play in the same city in the same arena? He would be in his hometown either way. Granted, the Lakers are in a much better position talent wise with their young core but then again the Clippers barely missed the playoffs but just barely. Add George into that team they would be a playoff team for sure. Paul George on the Lakers doesn't scream playoffs especially because they already have such a young core and not to mention Isaiah Thomas is not the same player as he once was in that he is a shell of himself. If Isaiah were back to being the player he was in Boston and then you pair him up with PG-13 then I could see the Lakers as a potential playoff team.

Paul George on the Pelicans they would be a threat to Golden State especially if you pair him up with AD and Cousins, Rondo, Holiday, etc. they would be favorites in the West almost immediately.

Paul George on the Knicks he would be playing in a big market. New York City is just as big a market as L.A. is and not to mention New York with the kind of culture they have over there if you add George and pair him up with Porzingis they would make a pretty good combo.

KnicksorBust
05-12-2018, 07:53 AM
I really got the feeling that he and Westbrook liked each other. I think its different than Durant. He is different than Durant. I will say OKC. I won't be calling vegas anytime soon though.

Tg11
05-12-2018, 08:00 AM
If Paul George does stay in Oklahoma City I won't be shocked especially because of the fact that George and Westbrook seemingly get along. If that is the case then I think I might like this duo much better than I did Durant/Westbrook. The problem more or less with the experiment was Melo and if Presti is smart he would get rid of Melo via trade.

Vinylman
05-12-2018, 10:27 AM

I just ignore him like everyone else does... his post in here responding to me is beyond idiotic

He is fundamentally an attention whore who adds no value to discussions

Tg11
05-12-2018, 12:39 PM
If Paul George stays in the West then I could see him on the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Lakers, Pelicans or even the Spurs believe it or not. If he goes back to the Eastern Conference then teams over there I could see Paul George on are the Cavs, Celtics, Pacers, Knicks or dare I say the Raptors.

Sanjay
06-09-2018, 01:37 AM
If Paul George stays in the West then I could see him on the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Lakers, Pelicans or even the Spurs believe it or not. If he goes back to the Eastern Conference then teams over there I could see Paul George on are the Cavs, Celtics, Pacers, Knicks or dare I say the Raptors.

Pacers/Knicks? Didn't he leave Indiana because he wanted to win?

GREATNESS ONE
06-09-2018, 02:08 AM

oh oh...

D Blue987
06-09-2018, 02:48 AM

Yeah I watched most of the games. They looked poor without Lonzo when he was injured in the beginning part of the season but they competed in almost every game especially after the trade deadline. They lost to the Warriors all 4 times they played but each loss was less than 10 points and they took them twice to Overtime. The Rockets they played 4 times, won once, lost once in OT, got blown out once early in the season, and the last game Andre Ingram played significant minutes meaning the game was meaningless. lol. Overall, this team isn't far from competing with the top teams in the West, especially if they add Lebron and PG13.

As for the thread original post, PG13 to the Lakers book it.

CHANGO
06-09-2018, 04:36 AM
PG-13 is very inconsistent. He dissapears in games where he struggles mightily. I think he should be a number 2 guy and forget about being THE guy in a team. Join forces with Lebron or Kawhi or stay in OKC with Westy.

Tg11
06-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Paul George to the Rockets has been gaining traction as of late

IndyRealist
06-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Paul George to the Rockets has been gaining traction as of late

Can they sign him without renouncing Chris Paul?

warfelg
06-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Can they sign him without renouncing Chris Paul?

Not with moves.

This honestly shouldn’t be a hot take but it will be:
The only max FA Houston will sign is Chris Paul.

Signing LeBron or Paul George would take so much work and strip the team so much it makes it unappealing IMO. It means a bunch of losing Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, finding away to unload Ryan Anderson. This is a lot of easier said than done. I remember last year people said how easy it would be to unload Ryno and it never happened.

And on top of that it could potentially coast them Clint Capella. Especially if he signs an offer sheet fast and the max FA they are chasing looks to take their time.

And people need to stop with the “oh just S&T with Cleveland.” They are high in the repeater tax. If they lose LeBron they likely won’t trade him because that would mean staying in the repeater without a shot at the finals and that’s a waste of money.

Last thing on Capella:
I’ve seen a S&T swap of Capella for DeAndre. That’s just stupid. Pay a guy that’s older to give you a slightly worse production. Makes 0 sense.

mightybosstone
06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Not with moves.

This honestly shouldn’t be a hot take but it will be:
The only max FA Houston will sign is Chris Paul.

Signing LeBron or Paul George would take so much work and strip the team so much it makes it unappealing IMO. It means a bunch of losing Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, finding away to unload Ryan Anderson. This is a lot of easier said than done. I remember last year people said how easy it would be to unload Ryno and it never happened.

And on top of that it could potentially coast them Clint Capella. Especially if he signs an offer sheet fast and the max FA they are chasing looks to take their time.

And people need to stop with the “oh just S&T with Cleveland.” They are high in the repeater tax. If they lose LeBron they likely won’t trade him because that would mean staying in the repeater without a shot at the finals and that’s a waste of money.

Last thing on Capella:
I’ve seen a S&T swap of Capella for DeAndre. That’s just stupid. Pay a guy that’s older to give you a slightly worse production. Makes 0 sense.

Gun to my head, I think this scenario is also the most likely. That being said, getting Lebron or Paul George wouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be. For example, Morey could feasibly trade for Lebron or PG without moving Ryno at all. You combine the contracts of Gordon, Tucker, Nene and Onuaku and multiply it by 1.25 percent and you get very close to Paul George's max and very close to Lebron's.

Now, I would hate to see that, personally. I love EG and Tucker, and losing them both would suck. But they could make that move and still bring back Capela, Ariza and other role players like Green and Mbah a Moute.

As for the sign and trade with Capela and Jordan, I don't think that makes any sense either and I'm not sure who would be dumb enough to suggest it. What I think is more likely is that Capela would sign a max offer sheet somewhere else and Morey would pass on matching it (only if they end up adding Lebron or PG). Then they could go and sign Jordan to a contract at a discount in free agency. Jordan has made his money and is a Houston native; I could see him signing for the MLE to play with CP3 again in his hometown.

Again, I don't think that's likely to happen either, though. Morey loves Capela, and I don't think there are a lot of teams out there who would actually offer him a max deal. Phoenix isn't likely anymore given their interest in Ayton, so who else has the money, the need and the interest to do that?

Bostonjorge
06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
I think he’s going to LA. Main reason why is because it came out of his own mouth that he wants to go to LA.

warfelg
06-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Gun to my head, I think this scenario is also the most likely. That being said, getting Lebron or Paul George wouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be. For example, Morey could feasibly trade for Lebron or PG without moving Ryno at all. You combine the contracts of Gordon, Tucker, Nene and Onuaku and multiply it by 1.25 percent and you get very close to Paul George's max and very close to Lebron's.

Well.....you would have to do that without bringing back any money.

You would also have to renounce cap holds.
CP3 - $35,350,000
Ariza - $12,868634
Capela - $7,003,585
Black - $3,948,000
Jackson - $1,578,242
Greeg, Johnson, Moute - $1,544,951

Those holds + Ryno + Harden + incomplete roster charge ($4,159,635) = $120, 386,349

So renounce everyone but CP3 and CP3 Hold + Harden + Ryno + concomplete roster charge = $96,176,524

So it would take a way to move Ryno to create the space and lose everyone else.

Now, I would hate to see that, personally. I love EG and Tucker, and losing them both would suck. But they could make that move and still bring back Capela, Ariza and other role players like Green and Mbah a Moute.

Feasibly they could, but that would require some guys taking pay cuts IMO. Of course with Ariza, Green, Mbah a Moute could come back in some exceptions.

As for the sign and trade with Capela and Jordan, I don't think that makes any sense either and I'm not sure who would be dumb enough to suggest it. What I think is more likely is that Capela would sign a max offer sheet somewhere else and Morey would pass on matching it (only if they end up adding Lebron or PG). Then they could go and sign Jordan to a contract at a discount in free agency. Jordan has made his money and is a Houston native; I could see him signing for the MLE to play with CP3 again in his hometown.

I can't see him going down to a MLE, because I could see the Lakers offering him more than that TBH, or even Dallas (again). Now at a discount it's fine to make that trade off, but I'm going on reports that DeAndre wants to get paid again, but is also interest in Houston.

Again, I don't think that's likely to happen either, though. Morey loves Capela, and I don't think there are a lot of teams out there who would actually offer him a max deal. Phoenix isn't likely anymore given their interest in Ayton, so who else has the money, the need and the interest to do that?

Atlanta, maybe Miami with moves, and there's always a surprise team or two. I brought up LAL with Jordan, I think they would be a serious threat for Capela if they get PG13 and LeBron says no.

They would have the space and the need, and for the LAL going:
Ball
Ingram
PG13
Kuzma
Capela

Really makes them interesting and a team that could make a big jump.

Tg11
06-09-2018, 10:22 AM
I mean why does he want to go to the Lakers? They are nowhere near close to being a contender and haven't made the playoffs in over 6 years but also they are a young team with young pieces. No one is going to want to go there especially if they are trying to win a title right now.

mightybosstone
06-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Well.....you would have to do that without bringing back any money.

You would also have to renounce cap holds.
CP3 - $35,350,000
Ariza - $12,868634
Capela - $7,003,585
Black - $3,948,000
Jackson - $1,578,242
Greeg, Johnson, Moute - $1,544,951

Those holds + Ryno + Harden + incomplete roster charge ($4,159,635) = $120, 386,349

So renounce everyone but CP3 and CP3 Hold + Harden + Ryno + concomplete roster charge = $96,176,524

So it would take a way to move Ryno to create the space and lose everyone else.
Huh? No you wouldn't. I'm talking about a sign and trade, dude. In a sign and trade, the cap holds are irrelevant. If they tried to sign Lebron or PG outright, yeah, they'd have to completely clean house and clear all cap holds except for maybe Capela's.

Feasibly they could, but that would require some guys taking pay cuts IMO. Of course with Ariza, Green, Mbah a Moute could come back in some exceptions.
Not necessarily. Houston has Ariza's Bird rights, so they could feasibly pay him a decent salary. And Green wasn't even on an NBA team a year ago. He'll sign for whatever the Rockets want to pay him. Mbah a Moute would probably have to sign another team-friendly deal, but they could also use a portion of the MLE to retain him.

I can't see him going down to a MLE, because I could see the Lakers offering him more than that TBH, or even Dallas (again). Now at a discount it's fine to make that trade off, but I'm going on reports that DeAndre wants to get paid again, but is also interest in Houston.

You assume it's a money thing with DJ, but I'm not sure it is. The guy just made a ton of money in LA, and if he really wants to go to Houston and to play with Paul, he'd do it at a discount. That being said, it's a moot point, because I don't see Capela going anywhere.

Atlanta, maybe Miami with moves, and there's always a surprise team or two. I brought up LAL with Jordan, I think they would be a serious threat for Capela if they get PG13 and LeBron says no.

They would have the space and the need, and for the LAL going:
Ball
Ingram
PG13
Kuzma
Capela

Really makes them interesting and a team that could make a big jump.
They could, but if you're the Lakers and you're shooting for contention, that team isn't it. And they'll have used up almost all of their cap space at that point. If they strike out on Lebron, I see them going after Cousins to pair with PG. A max on Capela would feel like a desperation move for a team that doesn't really need to be desperate. They're young and have cap room. Why throw all your money away in one offseason?

There are so many superstars that are free agents or about to be free agents, and I think the Lakers want bigger fish than Clint Capela.

mightybosstone
06-09-2018, 10:26 AM
I mean why does he want to go to the Lakers? They are nowhere near close to being a contender and haven't made the playoffs in over 6 years but also they are a young team with young pieces. No one is going to want to go there especially if they are trying to win a title right now.

C'mon dude. Have you not paid attention to the narrative for the last year? The guy has been very vocal about wanting to play in LA. He's from the area and wants to play there. And I think it's a little naive to act like LA has no appeal as a market.

I'm not saying that it's a lock to happen or anything, but the Lakers should be the favorites to land George going into the offseason, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that's the case.

Tg11
06-09-2018, 10:33 AM
I know that but why would PG want to go there especially if Lonzo & Daddy LaVar are there

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Man if some team throws a crazy offer to Capela does Morey say nice knowing ya but bye I wanna your caphold for star player. Yeah they still need to dump salary yet. But I can see a team throw Capela a first day offer in free agency. Heck maybe the Mavs to get even with their neighbor.

warfelg
06-09-2018, 10:49 AM
I get why OKC would S&T, but what makes you think Cleveland would do that?

A team that would still be in the big repeatable tax but little chance of winning, much less getting to the finals? Like I think they rather lose him outright than doing that to themselves.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2018, 10:51 AM
I think he’s going to LA. Main reason why is because it came out of his own mouth that he wants to go to LA.sounds like pretty solid reasoning

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Tg11
06-09-2018, 10:53 AM
If I were Paul George I wouldn't want to go to the Lakers as long as Lonzo Ball is there but then you would also have to get rid of Kuzma and then salary dump Deny somehow

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-09-2018, 11:01 AM
If I were Paul George I wouldn't want to go to the Lakers as long as Lonzo Ball is there but then you would also have to get rid of Kuzma and then salary dump Deny somehow

Well i'm sure Ball or Ingram besides Kuzma is the assets to dump Deng.

Tg11
06-09-2018, 01:19 PM
In order to get George yeah you can trade him to the Lakers for Ball, Kuzma and picks to the Thunder but in order to make that happen you can send Deng there too

Vinylman
06-09-2018, 01:21 PM

more solid analysis from the OP

Vinylman
06-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Man if some team throws a crazy offer to Capela does Morey say nice knowing ya but bye I wanna your caphold for star player. Yeah they still need to dump salary yet. But I can see a team throw Capela a first day offer in free agency. Heck maybe the Mavs to get even with their neighbor.

Capella might get an offer day one but he can't sign it day one nor does he HAVE to sign it day one

Vinylman
06-09-2018, 01:23 PM

even better analysis... keep the hits coming... I haven't laughed this hard in months

Tg11
06-09-2018, 01:24 PM
DeAndre Jordan to Houston has also gotten a lot of traction

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Another guy who would never come to the Blazers but would fit perfectly.

D Blue987
06-09-2018, 01:45 PM
even better analysis... keep the hits coming... I haven't laughed this hard in months

I feel like there are going to be a few salty posters on here in a few weeks if the Lakers are successful in their plan for the offseason. They have pretty decent odds of doing so too.

IndyRealist
06-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Capella might get an offer day one but he can't sign it day one nor does he HAVE to sign it day one

He can sign it day one, Houston just has the right to match. And if he gets a max or near max offer, why would he wait to sign it?

Vinylman
06-09-2018, 03:52 PM
He can sign it day one, Houston just has the right to match. And if he gets a max or near max offer, why would he wait to sign it?

my bad... I thought it was like all other contracts that can't be signed until the moratorium was over.

Anyway,

free agency start july 1 anyone who is signed on that day doesn't have to be matched until July 8 because that doesn't start until after the moratorium...

IndyRealist
06-09-2018, 04:08 PM
my bad... I thought it was like all other contracts that can't be signed until the moratorium was over.

Anyway,

free agency start july 1 anyone who is signed on that day doesn't have to be matched until July 8 because that doesn't start until after the moratorium...

No you're right. I misunderstood what you were saying.

Vinylman
06-09-2018, 07:19 PM
No you're right. I misunderstood what you were saying.

actually you were right that he COULD sign it day one though... I guess it does have the same effect though LOL

Bostonjorge
06-13-2018, 04:43 AM
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2018/6/12/17456602/la-lakers-guard-josh-hart-e3-fortnite-event-nba-free-agent-paul-george

George seems to really like these lakers players. He hangs with them more then his own teammates.

Bostonjorge
06-14-2018, 02:14 AM
https://youtu.be/jOD00dG40ZE

You can see George loves hearing his name being mentioned with Lebron and LA. He’s just don’t want to get fine so he can’t just flat out say of course, but you can see it in his smile that he’s loving it.

Even if he’s still not decided.

Once he meets with Magic and Magic is the one trying to impress George, he will have even bigger smiles then the video. The final nail will be his pre made Laker jersey that Kobe presents to him.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 07:59 AM
https://youtu.be/jOD00dG40ZE

You can see George loves hearing his name being mentioned with Lebron and LA. He’s just don’t want to get fine so he can’t just flat out say of course, but you can see it in his smile that he’s loving it.

Even if he’s still not decided.

Once he meets with Magic and Magic is the one trying to impress George, he will have even bigger smiles then the video. The final nail will be his pre made Laker jersey that Kobe presents to him.

Eh. He's deliberately dodging every question. I think reporters should be fired for asking questions they know someone will get fined for answering. It's unprofessional.

Tilted Towers, lol.

warfelg
06-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Eh. He's deliberately dodging every question. I think reporters should be fired for asking questions they know someone will get fined for answering. It's unprofessional.

Tilted Towers, lol.

I hate these street ambush style things like this. It's usually non-reporters trying to make a name for themselves because they found the guy and have a chance to get them to say something.

Especially TMZ. They don't hire actual reporters. They basically give people a reward for capturing something and sending it to them. And them wanting to jump into sports 'insider' coverage is about the worst thing that could ever happen. I hope TMZ never gets an NBA press credential to cover sports.

Scoots
06-14-2018, 09:59 AM
PG said some nice things about Lonzo, LaVar returned the favor by talking about PG being washed. I don't even want to google to find a link because I don't want to contribute to LaVar fondling himself while looking at his metrics.

What is the BEST place for PG?

warfelg
06-14-2018, 10:10 AM
PG said some nice things about Lonzo, LaVar returned the favor by talking about PG being washed. I don't even want to google to find a link because I don't want to contribute to LaVar fondling himself while looking at his metrics.

What is the BEST place for PG?

On the court and fit it’s hard to argue witch Philly.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 10:49 AM
Best for PG is not the same as the place he'll be happiest.

Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Philly, Cleveland if Lebron stays. Most of those can't afford him tho.

Scoots
06-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Best for PG is not the same as the place he'll be happiest.

Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Philly, Cleveland if Lebron stays. Most of those can't afford him tho.

New Orleans is interesting ... he'd have more room there than any of the others.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 11:31 AM
New Orleans is interesting ... he'd have more room there than any of the others.

And the Pels can sign and trade Cousins to make it happen.

Firefistus
06-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Sign and Trade with whom exactly? Paul George isn't on a team, so you can't trade for him. You would have to sign and trade cousins to a team without cap space for a trade exception, in which you can use to sign PG. That's assuming Cousins is offered a max deal, which I personally think is less likely.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Sign and Trade with whom exactly? Paul George isn't on a team, so you can't trade for him. You would have to sign and trade cousins to a team without cap space for a trade exception, in which you can use to sign PG. That's assuming Cousins is offered a max deal, which I personally think is less likely.
1. Paul George is still under contract. He has a player option.

2. You can sign and trade Cousins for a sign and trade George.

Firefistus
06-14-2018, 02:39 PM
1. Paul George is still under contract. He has a player option.

2. You can sign and trade Cousins for a sign and trade George.

I don't think you understand how this works. He can either opt in or out by the 29th. Until then he isn't able to speak with any teams regarding his singing until next season. If he opts in, which is what you're implying he does, he will be paid 15 million less that what he will be making with any other team.

So either he opts in, stays with OKC, then requests a trade to the Pelicans? I'm guessing that's what you are implying.

Or he opts out, gets paid max money for someone else who can sign him out-right. And once again, if he opts out he cannot be traded as he isn't on a team.

BTW, you cannot sign and trade for players with another sign and trade, it's actually due to a rule they came out with last year. It also prevents you from trading players with team options, as their value is marked at zero until the option is either accepted or rejected.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 02:47 PM
I don't think you understand how this works. He can either opt in or out by the 29th. Until then he isn't able to speak with any teams regarding his singing until next season. If he opts in, which is what you're implying he does, he will be paid 15 million less that what he will be making with any other team.

So either he opts in, stays with OKC, then requests a trade to the Pelicans? I'm guessing that's what you are implying.

Or he opts out, gets paid max money for someone else who can sign him out-right. And once again, if he opts out he cannot be traded as he isn't on a team.

BTW, you cannot sign and trade for players with another sign and trade, it's actually due to a rule they came out with last year. It also prevents you from trading players with team options, as their value is marked at zero until the option is either accepted or rejected.

I was unaware that the rule changed regarding sign and trades. Link?

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 02:51 PM
It doesn't seem to be listed here: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/detailed-summary-of-changes-under-the-nbas-new-collective-bargaining-agreement/

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Or here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#appendix

Leftcoast_yg
06-14-2018, 04:07 PM

Tilted Titt1es, lol.
Fixed.

Scoots
06-14-2018, 04:30 PM

Tilted Towers, lol.

I wish sports media would stop asking questions trying to create drama in general.

Firefistus
06-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Interesting, I didn't see that in the links either. If you go to Lockde on Jazz and listen to his podcast he talks about a mistake he made regarding it because of what I was talking about, but I don't see it in those reports listed. Sadly he's had so many podcasts that I can't find the one where he talks about it, but I can explain it to you from what I heard.

Utah was talking about trading players that are on team options in order to sign and trade for Paul George. (just a traditional S&T). And both Zache Lowe and Dorris Burke quickly informed him that it's not possible to do so because of the rule I was stating before. Apparently those options are only set for zero dollars and cannot be considered for part of a trade deal. Unless we added pieces to bring the amount within his salary being offered.

Maybe everyone else is wrong? I'll let you guys listen if you want.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/

Basically though, if Utah wants PG than we have to renounce all Free Agents in order to sign him straight up as the team deals can't be used.

I personally believe that if he doesn't go to L.A. Than he'd be coming to Utah as number 2 or staying in OKC as number 3 option.

From what I've read PG and Mitchell are pretty good friends, and PG's favorite past time is to fish. That was also Karl Malones favorite past-time and it's pretty good in the Utah mountains. If that really is his thing, than Utah would be a better fit than L.A. But if LeBron and PG wind up in L.A. it wouldn't surprise me.

Vinylman
06-14-2018, 05:52 PM

why would OKC do that with Adams... you can't possibly think they can unload Adams on someone … his deal is trash even if he is slightly better than average.

IndyRealist
06-14-2018, 06:47 PM
why would OKC do that with Adams... you can't possibly think they can unload Adams on someone … his deal is trash even if he is slightly better than average.

Cousins was having a career year next to AD, and they overlapped a ton on skillset. Adams does not.

And it doesn't have to be a straight 1 for 1. Move Cousins to, say, Portland, McCollum to OKC, and PG to New Orleans. Everybody's happy.

Firefistus
06-14-2018, 06:55 PM
By god I found it....I think....This is in the cbafaq.com under bonuses. I'm sure it's going to be mentioned in other places as well, but lets face it. That thing is a beast to go over.

"When determining the amount of a trade bonus (see question number 99), option years are not counted as part of the remaining value of the contract, but years following an ETO are counted."

I'm guessing that's what they are talking about regarding the options.

Vinylman
06-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Cousins was having a career year next to AD, and they overlapped a ton on skillset. Adams does not.

And it doesn't have to be a straight 1 for 1. Move Cousins to, say, Portland, McCollum to OKC, and PG to New Orleans. Everybody's happy.

ok ok … I thought you meant straight up... I can see something in a 3 way like that although it is pretty hard to get that many teams to agree when the window is so small.

Bostonjorge
06-27-2018, 05:19 PM
https://youtu.be/q9KF-qJVmo0

George’s doc on his journey to LA

IndyRealist
06-27-2018, 05:24 PM
https://youtu.be/q9KF-qJVmo0

George’s doc on his journey to LA

He greeted Spo. Obviously going to Miami.

Bostonjorge
06-28-2018, 12:12 PM
George is officially free. The 3 part documentary will have a amazing finale. A kid living his dream is always a great story.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-28-2018, 02:21 PM
IMO, the Lakers should avoid PG13 and go after Kawhi and Lebron.

If they go for all three, they will have to cut basically everyone else on their team. I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather keep some of their young players and add some nice role players with the remaining money. Just build around Lebron and Kawhi and have a good roster around them.

This comes down to salary cap.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Maybe PG and Kawhi end up as Lakers and LeBron somewhere else?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-28-2018, 07:48 PM
IMO, the Lakers should avoid PG13 and go after Kawhi and Lebron.

If they go for all three, they will have to cut basically everyone else on their team. I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather keep some of their young players and add some nice role players with the remaining money. Just build around Lebron and Kawhi and have a good roster around them.

This comes down to salary cap.

If you are saying the Lakers should trade for Kawhi then they are going to have to get rid of young players. George can be had just by using their cap space. LeBron as well. So when they trade for Kawhi they have to send salary out and they will all fit under the cap.

corky831
06-28-2018, 08:12 PM
PGIII mentioned the Celtics as a possible destination. Pretty odd seeing as the Celtics can't afford him and last yr the Celtics were hesitant to trade for him bc he was supposedly LA bound.

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 08:51 PM
I thought he would be laker bound but the dude seems like he wants his money... he can get 176 from OKC right now and can only get 130 from the lakers... now factor in taxes... He is leaving like 55 plus mill on the table is he chooses LA over OKC.... That is nuts.

I could be wrong but tax on an okc contract would be like 4.5 percent right? Tax on the LA deal would be damn near 11 percent.

When you are signing for over 100 million dollars that is ****ing massive when you think about it. PG13 would get my respect if he actually left 50 plus mill on the table.

tucksoe
06-28-2018, 08:55 PM
I thought he would be laker bound but the dude seems like he wants his money... he can get 176 from OKC right now and can only get 130 from the lakers... now factor in taxes... He is leaving like 55 plus mill on the table is he chooses LA over OKC.... That is nuts.

I could be wrong but tax on an okc contract would be like 4.5 percent right? Tax on the LA deal would be damn near 11 percent.

When you are signing for over 100 million dollars that is ****ing massive when you think about it. PG13 would get my respect if he actually left 50 plus mill on the table.
I wonder how much of that he would make up being in the LA market instead of OKC?

SfgiantsJD3
06-28-2018, 08:59 PM

Players pay tax where they play each game so in OKC he goes to LAC, LA and GSW to pay CA income tax, same as other big cities, the savings is probably about 65% of the difference once all the other states get their hands in the pie

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Players pay tax where they play each game so in OKC he goes to LAC, LA and GSW to pay CA income tax, same as other big cities, the savings is probably about 65% of the difference once all the other states get their hands in the pie

Is that how it works? When Melo signed with the knicks it cost him 23 million in tax

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/07/14/location-tax-rates-can-have-big-impact-on-contracts-value/103700802/

More-Than-Most
06-28-2018, 09:29 PM
I wonder how much of that he would make up being in the LA market instead of OKC?

I dont think it really matters in todays game because of social media and how popular the league is currently. Durant was popular in OKC/westy is... Look at AD with the pelicans etc etc. If a great player is great they will get massive endorsements regardless of location.

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 10:02 PM
Is that how it works? When Melo signed with the knicks it cost him 23 million in tax

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/07/14/location-tax-rates-can-have-big-impact-on-contracts-value/103700802/

If you are in a state with no income tax, they won't be taxed for it. So an NBA player who lives in Texas won't get state income taxed for 41 home games and then additional games from when they play in Florida, other Texas based teams, etc., I don't think signing with the Knicks cost him $23 million in taxes. That's a ridiculous amount for state taxes in the NBA. It's not even close to that.

FlashBolt
06-28-2018, 10:05 PM
I dont think it really matters in todays game because of social media and how popular the league is currently. Durant was popular in OKC/westy is... Look at AD with the pelicans etc etc. If a great player is great they will get massive endorsements regardless of location.

It still has a lot to do with it somehow. Winning in the Lakers will land you more benefits than it would in a small market team. It might not be noticeable because these guys are making a hefty amount of money anyways but just being in California gives you more tools to benefit your career. And winning might drive your name even further because of all the connections you can get. I mean, Magic Johnson probably has so many connections in the California area that he can live for free just because he's Magic Johnson of the Lakers.

WaDe03
06-28-2018, 11:02 PM
Based on the answer the GOAT gave PG, I would say PG to the Lakers even if I wasn’t already told so.

Scoots
06-28-2018, 11:48 PM
If you are in a state with no income tax, they won't be taxed for it. So an NBA player who lives in Texas won't get state income taxed for 41 home games and then additional games from when they play in Florida, other Texas based teams, etc., I don't think signing with the Knicks cost him $23 million in taxes. That's a ridiculous amount for state taxes in the NBA. It's not even close to that.

NY and CA have the highest income tax rates and the highest sales tax rates and the highest cost of living in general. $23M may be low.

Bostonjorge
06-29-2018, 12:28 AM
https://youtu.be/n7qC2lIi9iU

Part 2. George starts it off with I love LA.

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 12:52 AM
NY and CA have the highest income tax rates and the highest sales tax rates and the highest cost of living in general. $23M may be low.

Strictly state taxes (sales tax is impossible to determine because it's a tax on consumption), there is no way Melo paid $23 million for what would have been five years (if he had stayed for five years in NY).

5 year / $124,064,681 was his contract. The math simply doesn't add up. Federal tax already takes up around 40% of that salary.

Add up the city/local tax and it just doesn't make sense.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 01:12 AM
Strictly state taxes (sales tax is impossible to determine because it's a tax on consumption), there is no way Melo paid $23 million for what would have been five years (if he had stayed for five years in NY).

5 year / $124,064,681 was his contract. The math simply doesn't add up. Federal tax already takes up around 40% of that salary.

Add up the city/local tax and it just doesn't make sense.

As a resident of New York City, Anthony would pay a top state tax rate of 8.82% and an additional 3.876% NYC tax on all of his contract earnings.

That would be 13 percent... So 16 million

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/06/18/carmelo-anthony-free-agency-knicks-bulls-heat-rockets

This link shows it exactly. 16.378.000 in state/city tax over those 5 years. Its probably even higher in LA.

LaVar Ball
06-29-2018, 01:25 AM
He'll stay in OKC

Westbrick has him brainwashed

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 01:49 AM
As a resident of New York City, Anthony would pay a top state tax rate of 8.82% and an additional 3.876% NYC tax on all of his contract earnings.

https://www.si.com/nba/2014/06/18/carmelo-anthony-free-agency-knicks-bulls-heat-rockets

This link shows it exactly. 16.378.000 in state/city tax over those 5 years. Its probably even higher in LA.

Yeah, but not every game is played in NY for the 82 games. 41 are played in NY so if he plays for the Miami Heat, he doesn't pay state income tax for those 41 games that he would've paid in NY. Your $16 million figure includes all 82 games played under the rate of NY taxes. If he's in NY, he isn't playing all 82 games in NY. He'll play 41 games for MSG (Knicks) and then 3 games in Barclay's (Nets), which is 44 games that will be taxed at the NY rate but considering he's going to play the Nets 3x anyways if he's on Miami (no state income tax), it's just 41 games that is the key here because everything else will be taxed the same if he were on the Knicks. I simply divided $124 million by five to get his average salary, divided that by 82 games, multiplied that result by 41 games, multiplied that by 13% and got roughly $1.6 million per year in state/local tax. Multiply that by 5 and you get $8 million. That's approximately how much he would pay in state/local taxes by playing in NY.

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 01:56 AM

That article is wrong and done with no research but some journalist who decided to take his hands on doing the work of an accountant. There's a reason why accountants are some of the best assets wealthy people have. You get taxed on the jurisdiction of which the game was played at. So if Dwyane Wade plays a game against the Lakers, Warriors, and Sacramento in the same week, he will get taxed at California's state tax rate for each game. The benefit of playing in a no state income tax is you are guaranteed that at least 41 games will not be taxed at the state level.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 02:01 AM
That article is wrong and done with no research but some journalist who decided to take his hands on doing the work of an accountant. There's a reason why accountants are some of the best assets wealthy people have. You get taxed on the jurisdiction of which the game was played at. So if Dwyane Wade plays a game against the Lakers, Warriors, and Sacramento in the same week, he will get taxed at California's state tax rate for each game. The benefit of playing in a no state income tax is you are guaranteed that at least 41 games will not be taxed at the state level.

this this and this. I'm not gonna try to act like a know it all but can honestly say I thought this was well known.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 02:25 AM

yea its not the entire 82 games but again the lakers play teams out west and the knicks played big city teams so its def not out of the question that its over 50 plus games... so it might not be the 16 mill but when you are probably losing 10 plus mill in state tax on a 120 million contract just imagine 173 that he could make in okc compared to the 130 he makes in LA... So now that 130 in LA probably gets taxed by 15 plus mill easily because LA is higher and they play the clippers/Warriors as well outside of their own home games which is still LA. In this situation you are looking at over 50 million PG13 would be losing by leaving OKC for LA... And the notion that he will get more in endorsements just isn't factual in todays NBA. He already has a ton of endorsements... He isnt all of a sudden gonna get movie deals and ****.

Bostonjorge
06-29-2018, 02:26 AM
George’s best quote on the Journey doc.

“I grew up watching Kobe. When I first fell in love with the game and I’m outside playing in front of the house. I’m not picturing my self in a Indiana jersey or picturing myself in a Thunder Jersey. I pictured myself in a Lakers jersey.”

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 02:27 AM

“I grew up watching Kobe. When I first fell in love with the game and I’m outside playing in front of the house. I’m not picturing my self in a Indiana jersey or picturing myself in a Thunder Jersey. I pictured myself in a Lakers jersey.”

yea thats why i said he has my respect if he legit goes home and walks away from 50 plus mill.

LaVar Ball
06-29-2018, 02:36 AM

“But then I met Russell Westbrook and became gay for his dick”

He’s staying a Thunder dude.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 02:58 AM

I love westy but even I wouldnt want to play with him. If I were the lakers I wouldnt trade ingram or anyone for KL just to get lebron. I would keep the core and sign pg13 and let them grow together until the warriors fizzle out... The lakers with PG13 and Ingram in a few years could be amazing... I dont get why PG13 would choose westy over growing with this core but whatever.

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 03:01 AM
yea its not the entire 82 games but again the lakers play teams out west and the knicks played big city teams so its def not out of the question that its over 50 plus games... so it might not be the 16 mill but when you are probably losing 10 plus mill in state tax on a 120 million contract just imagine 173 that he could make in okc compared to the 130 he makes in LA... So now that 130 in LA probably gets taxed by 15 plus mill easily because LA is higher and they play the clippers/Warriors as well outside of their own home games which is still LA. In this situation you are looking at over 50 million PG13 would be losing by leaving OKC for LA... And the notion that he will get more in endorsements just isn't factual in todays NBA. He already has a ton of endorsements... He isnt all of a sudden gonna get movie deals and ****.

We haven't attracted any free agents in OKC's history. Our team has been mainly through drafts. We've got the short-term random free agents but they were only there because we had KD/Russ. Once we lost KD, I don't think anyone is willing to come play with Russ and knowing Russ/our management, this seems like a long-term career decision for Russ. If that's the case, I am hopping off OKC and waiting for the Sonics to get a franchise because I can't stand Russ any longer. I understand why KD left him even though he went to the Warriors and it's quite obvious OKC is boring and Russ being there doesn't exactly appeal to anyone. I have little doubt PG will resign. It's all smoke.. players don't want to make it look like they are so happy to leave a team so they pretend that they really care. Typical PR move (same thing LeBron is doing, honestly). The money issue is definitely a problem but I don't think it's $50 million. The $176 million five year we can offer him is $46 million more than any other team can offer but that's because other teams can only offer him four years at $130 million. If he signed with OKC, that's five years. If he signs with LAL, he could do a four year player option deal and then sign a five year max at age 31 - when he's going to still be an elite player. Who's to say at age 33 (if he played out OKC's contract), Paul George would still be an elite player? He might never see another max contract again and would have to settle for less. It's really not as simple as saying OKC offers more money and that's why LeBron constantly signs short term deals - so he can keep all his options open while knowing he is still the best player in the league. I like Paul George and if I were him, I'd go to the Lakers. OKC won't be a championship team as long as Russ is here. Should've traded him for CP3 when we had our chance.

FlashBolt
06-29-2018, 03:07 AM
Hell.. if our franchise was smart, they would offer Russ for Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo and then we flip Lonzo+Deng next year (when Lonzo gets better and Deng's contract isn't as bad cause he's expiring) for some decent pieces to build around. I actually like Lonzo's game and if he improves his shooting, it'll be great for us. I think his dad in a smaller market won't generate as much media so it won't be as bad as it is right now with the Lakers. What's the worst Lavar can do, anyways? We just gotta ignore him. Once we get lame azz Melo's contract off the books, we can recruit a max player and be a contender. Lakers get Russ, PG, and LeBron. He's your problem now, Lakers.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 04:00 AM
Hell.. if our franchise was smart, they would offer Russ for Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo and then we flip Lonzo+Deng next year (when Lonzo gets better and Deng's contract isn't as bad cause he's expiring) for some decent pieces to build around. I actually like Lonzo's game and if he improves his shooting, it'll be great for us. I think his dad in a smaller market won't generate as much media so it won't be as bad as it is right now with the Lakers. What's the worst Lavar can do, anyways? We just gotta ignore him. Once we get lame azz Melo's contract off the books, we can recruit a max player and be a contender. Lakers get Russ, PG, and LeBron. He's your problem now, Lakers.

i am not high on ball but agree with all of this. Trading westy for those 3 even taking on deng is hella smart. I think Ingram is the prize with Kuzma a bit capped and i have no faith in ball but its well worth the risk vs reward if PG13 really does leave.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2018, 05:12 AM
FB,

You think PG ultimately stays or comes? I can honestly say I think he's staying. While I don't want PG alone, I want him to come because LeBron will follow, but it all starts with PG.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2018, 05:19 AM
FB,

You think PG ultimately stays or comes? I can honestly say I think he's staying. While I don't want PG alone, I want him to come because LeBron will follow, but it all starts with PG.

Id want him but not with LJ unless you are getting the big 3... the big 3 of lebonr/kl/pg can compete but 2 of those 3 wont get it done. If I were the lakers id sign PG outright and keep ingram/kuz/ball... id trade ball to get out of deng while getting a top pick and building around pg13/kuz/ingram with good cap space for next year while keeping randle

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2018, 07:36 AM

I proposed the same trade either in this thread or Free agency.

Vinylman
06-29-2018, 10:13 AM
after watching the latest video (part 2) how would he rationalize staying in OKC? He said it was all about winning... if that is true there is no way he stays... that doesn't mean that the Lakers are the best choice but if winning is his goal then OKC isn't the place

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2018, 10:37 AM
after watching the latest video (part 2) how would he rationalize staying in OKC? He said it was all about winning... if that is true there is no way he stays... that doesn't mean that the Lakers are the best choice but if winning is his goal then OKC isn't the place

OKC was pretty good when they were all healthy for that 1 month. If its about winning PG should go to Philly.

PG is just an attention whore. Playoff P Billboard, now a 3 part Documentary about his free agency. You're not that good bruh, get over yourself. lol.

Vinylman
06-29-2018, 10:46 AM
OKC was pretty good when they were all healthy for that 1 month. If its about winning PG should go to Philly.

PG is just an attention whore. Playoff P Billboard, now a 3 part Documentary about his free agency. You're not that good bruh, get over yourself. lol.

ok

IKnowHoops
06-29-2018, 01:19 PM

😂

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2018, 02:35 PM

Once you get Melo's contract off the books will be right around the time you use your first round pick on LaMelo.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Don't care what anyone says, PG is going to the Lakers. Anything else is a smokescreen. No one wants to go back to a cap strapped OKC with selfish WB and that clown Melo. With or without PG, OKC is probably worse next year

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 07:27 PM
If this **** actually stays in OKC he is the biggest Dbag i have seen since Durant... He has said about how he wants to go home and its about winning yet we know damn well if he stays with OKC its about the money.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2018, 07:54 PM
If this **** actually stays in OKC he is the biggest Dbag i have seen since Durant... He has said about how he wants to go home and its about winning yet we know damn well if he stays with OKC its about the money.

Yeah, if he wanted to go home obviously he would go to the Lakers. If it was about winning he would go sign with the Sixers. With OKC he gets neither. But they did have the 3rd best five man lineup in the League last year when Roberson was healthy. Maybe he thinks they can build on that.

Westbrook must have really been doing some selling. His reputation could not afford being the former teammate of James Harden, Kevin Durant, and Paul George.

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 08:07 PM
Yeah, if he wanted to go home obviously he would go to the Lakers. If it was about winning he would go sign with the Sixers. With OKC he gets neither. But they did have the 3rd best five man lineup in the League last year when Roberson was healthy. Maybe he thinks they can build on that.

Westbrook must have really been doing some selling. His reputation could not afford being the former teammate of James Harden, Kevin Durant, and Paul George.

If he goes to the lakers they could win as well because they would now have a top 25 player in PG13 to go along with a ton of up and coming players... This laker team with PG13 wins more games than what OKC with westy/PG next year... Now neither team beats the warriors/rockets or 1 or 2 others out west but there is an argument that with the lakers he has a better shot at winning now and damn sure in the future over staying with OKC... He will be such an *** hat if he put on the dog and pony show all year and stays for the money.

Dont get me wrong I have 0 issue with a guy deciding to go for the money because they deserve to do that and hell I would but I wouldnt sit here and scream about how i wanna go home all year and i want to win and then say **** it i want the money. He will be the biggest pos if he does this with all the **** he has talked about wanting to go home and wanting to win.

Sixers/Lakers/celtics/spurs/bucks and probably like 3 others all have better shots at winning with PG13 than the thunder do.

minato_17
06-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Paul George has committed to sign a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources tell ESPN.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ISIAH_THOMAS
Via Woj

Didn't even give his hometown Lakers an interview yikes

Lakers + Giants
we need kawhi now

goingfor28
Good. One possible laker down. 2 to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2018, 11:49 PM

Gritz
06-30-2018, 11:49 PM
I don't wanna hear any buster Laker fans coming in here acting like they didn't want him "anyway"

Sadds The Gr8
06-30-2018, 11:50 PM
i'm surprised. thought there's no chance he'd stay.

redsox12
06-30-2018, 11:50 PM
It makes a lot of sense, George and Westbrook are a great pairing. Bring in Karl Anthony Towns next year and they are looking good.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Money talks. ****. He's overrated anyways.

Have fun going back to OKC with WB who will never be a winning player

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 11:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23958531/paul-george-commits-re-sign-oklahoma-city-thunder

What a *****... Its all about the money for him.

Lakers + Giants
I don't wanna hear any buster Laker fans coming in here acting like they didn't want him "anyway"

nah, but everyone else was saying how overrated he was. I wanted him if it meant lebron, always stated I didn't want PG. If we can get LeBron i'm ****in pumped. He's the one that I'd be upset if we strike out on.

ChI_ShIzzLe
Lmao why you mad tho?

More-Than-Most
06-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Lmao why you mad tho?

I explained this in the other thread... I have no issues with him playing where he wants as a free agent... I have issues when players talk out of their *****... He was coming home. He was all about kobe and memories at so on and all about winning... Full of **** he is all about the money.,

redsox12
06-30-2018, 11:55 PM
Now the question is, are the Lakers kicking themselves for not trading for PG13 and never letting that chemistry happen with Westy?

LeBron and PG13 would be nice.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-30-2018, 11:56 PM
Null

corky831
06-30-2018, 11:58 PM
Love this. Might make teams more willing to trade for Kawhi now since PGIII was a "lock" to go to the Lakers when he became a free agent.

still1ballin
06-30-2018, 11:59 PM
Not upset he is saying with the thunder, more upset at the disrespect he showed to magic and the lakers by not even giving them a chance for an interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basch152
06-30-2018, 11:59 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23958531/paul-george-commits-re-sign-oklahoma-city-thunder

What a *****... Its all about the money for him.

so what? if a player wants to use his career to make as much money as possible then is what they want. who cares?

and who cares what he said about the Lakers? most of the things these guys are saying are ******** responses to dumb questions that they have to give to keep from being mobbed because they gave an answer fans didnt like.

LakerShow
07-01-2018, 12:01 AM
have fun with first round exits and not getting past the warriors. :laugh2:

dudes a fool.

corky831
07-01-2018, 12:02 AM

dudes a fool.

Lol hopefully the Lakers have the opportunity for a first round exit......

Storch
07-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Let this be a lesson, trade for the player you want so they get max money

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 12:08 AM

it didn't work out to well for the Knicks then they traded for Melo.

Sadds The Gr8

yea this is the first time that not trading for a player has hurt a potential team. this is why NYK did it for Melo

Vee-Rex

dudes a fool.

You smell like that good *** himalayan salt, fam

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 12:10 AM
nobody is waiting for Lebron to make his move. haha

lakerfan85
07-01-2018, 12:19 AM
No tampering going on today in the NBA. Lol

minato_17
07-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Paul George has agreed to a four-year, $137M max contract with the Thunder, league source tells ESPN. Deal includes a player option.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Paul George has agreed to a four-year, $137M max contract with the Thunder, league source tells ESPN. Deal includes a player option.

damn!

Vee-Rex
07-01-2018, 12:21 AM

cmellofan15
07-01-2018, 12:22 AM
You smell like that good *** himalayan salt, fam

mmm the pink stuff hahahahahahaha all that talk from lakers fans, better hope bronny commits soon or magic is gonna fire his damn self :laugh2:

Cal827
07-01-2018, 12:25 AM
Yay, I'm happy that George stayed... one less piece to that supposed artificial super team in LA everyone was worried about :laugh2:

Should be interesting to see how it goes. I mean they struggled at times (him and Westie) but this was also their first season together. I still hold out hope that they can adjust their games around each other. Roberson comes back, and their defense should be solid. At this point, they need to try and rid Melo off the team though... maybe take advantage of a team that is desperate and need scoring/a name for a year.

basch152
07-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Yay, I'm happy that George stayed... one less piece to that supposed artificial super team in LA everyone was worried about :laugh2:

Should be interesting to see how it goes. I mean they struggled at times (him and Westie) but this was also their first season together. I still hold out hope that they can adjust their games around each other. Roberson comes back, and their defense should be solid. At this point, they need to try and rid Melo off the team though... maybe take advantage of a team that is desperate and need scoring/a name for a year.

the only problem is westbrook is obsessed with stats and triple doubles, not winning.

if he starts caring more about winning they kight actually do something.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Good for him. It’s all about the $; because there is no way he will get a ship in OKC.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:34 AM

I don't believe this....

I'll just wait until it's confirmed. PG would be insane to stay with that team.

tredigs
07-01-2018, 12:35 AM
The Warriors are the only team that won with this signing.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-01-2018, 12:35 AM
I explained this in the other thread... I have no issues with him playing where he wants as a free agent... I have issues when players talk out of their *****... He was coming home. He was all about kobe and memories at so on and all about winning... Full of **** he is all about the money.,

D-Wade said the same ******* back in 2010 about coming back home and getting our hopes up, so no one feels sorry for y’all ***** in here[emoji23]

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:36 AM
the only problem is westbrook is obsessed with stats and triple doubles, not winning.

if he starts caring more about winning they kight actually do something.

Yup. I wanted PG to resign but he's not going to be winning anything. For Christ sake, we lost to a Utah team led by a rookie.. PG said he cared most about winning a championship. Good luck, we ain't winning.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:37 AM

Well if Woj says so...

PG you are a fool. But a rich fool.

R. Johnson#3
07-01-2018, 12:38 AM
So I guess they're just going to wait Melo out for one more year?

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:39 AM
So I guess they're just going to wait Melo out for one more year?

Or they could trade him for Anderson. I am guessing Houston still wants him.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 12:40 AM

this

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 12:40 AM
He should've at least gone to philly to make **** exciting.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2018, 12:41 AM

Crazy, but true. This is why you pull that damn trigger when you can add star talent to your team and possibly build it into a super team.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 12:42 AM

Crazy, but true. This is why you pull that damn trigger when you can add star talent to your team and possibly build it into a super team.

exactly why I want Kawhi.

Lebron + Kawhi makes us at least a threat.

Lebron + Baby Lakers makes us a first round exit.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:45 AM

Sign Cousins for a two year player option deal and trade for Kawhi. Best deal you can do.

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 12:46 AM

Lmao Lonzo stay screwing over the lakers.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2018, 12:49 AM

Agreed.

And I know some people say, "Oh Kawhi will be in LA next year, we'll wait!"

I shake my head because you cannot guarantee anything a year away in this league.

More-Than-Most
yea this is the first time that not trading for a player has hurt a potential team. this is why NYK did it for Melo

its funny i should bring up the countless posts where i said this exact thing when i was being trolled about how the lakers need not give anything up because they can just get him for free in free agency so the pacers better just accept randle and like it.... I legit told them he wants his money and will end up staying.

cmellofan15

With ariza gone it might be back on the table

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 12:51 AM
He should've at least gone to philly to make **** exciting.

he wanted the dollars man. He talked out of his ***.

Silent
07-01-2018, 12:52 AM
Westy must throw one hell of a party.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 12:53 AM

Lbj isn't going to the Lakers alone. He will be staying out East then. So either with the 76ers or getting a sign and trade done with another Eastern team.

Only shot LA has is if Kawhi can get traded there. Cousins won't be enough to get Lbj.

Maybe Lbj should try to force his way unto OKC. LMAO!

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 12:53 AM
lebron best move right now is to go to Philly.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:02 AM
lebron best move right now is to go to Philly.

The only thing is if Lbj would want to leave there. Other then that, they just need shooters. Belinelli is back with the Spurs.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 01:02 AM
How is OKC's bench development going?

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:04 AM
How is OKC's bench development going?

terrible. our GM needs to boost our bench or nothing will improve. Our coach is terrible and runs zero plays. Melo needs to come off the bench. We resign jerami and all this guy does is dunk the ball and can't shoot. idk what the hell we are doing signing him...

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Agreed.

And I know some people say, "Oh Kawhi will be in LA next year, we'll wait!"

I shake my head because you cannot guarantee anything a year away in this league.

Yup. I said the same thing in the laker forum. BEFORE PG made his decision. You always make the move for the player, you do not let the player make the move.

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 01:06 AM
terrible. our GM needs to boost our bench or nothing will improve. Our coach is terrible and runs zero plays. Melo needs to come off the bench. We resign jerami and all this guy does is dunk the ball and can't shoot. idk what the hell we are doing signing him...

Melo getting cut for sure.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 01:06 AM
he wanted the dollars man. He talked out of his ***.

nah, he wanted to go to the place that gave him the best shot of winning. OKC > Philly.:facepalm:

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:07 AM
Melo getting cut for sure.

i hope so. I'd chip in $100 if it helps us pay this idiot to go away. Dude doesn't come off the bench, tries to ISO every play and thinks he's still capable of being on the level of KD, Kawhi, or Bron. He's our fourth best player but runs his mouth like he's on MJ's level..

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:10 AM
I think it would be a good move if Lbj forces his way onto OKC, I think this would be a well scripted move. The storyline would be insane.

If OKC could actually beat GS in the WCF and win a title, this throws so much dirt in KD face. It would be insane and good tv.

NBA=Entertainment.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:11 AM
I think it would be a good move if Lbj forces his way onto OKC, I think this would be a well scripted move. The storyline would be insane.

If OKC could actually beat GS in the WCF and win a title, this throws so much dirt in KD face. It would be insane and good tv.

NBA=Entertainment.

I'm sorry but NBA makes the most $ if Lebron goes to NYK or Lakers.

redsox12
07-01-2018, 01:12 AM
If Towns signs with OKC next year, I like the looks of OKC.

SG Hall/Robinson
PG Westy
SF George
PF Adams
C Towns

kyubi256
07-01-2018, 01:12 AM
LAL striking out

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:14 AM
LAL striking out

yup. bad day for Lakers fans so far.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 01:16 AM

To me Donovan was a downgrade at coach ... but Brooks needed to be replaced.

Grant is a good re-sign for depth, it's one of those things where when you are capped there is a limit to how you can build a team.

TakeYourL
i hope so. I'd chip in $100 if it helps us pay this idiot to go away. Dude doesn't come off the bench, tries to ISO every play and thinks he's still capable of being on the level of KD, Kawhi, or Bron. He's our fourth best player but runs his mouth like he's on MJ's level..

I bet he gets cut and signs with whatever team bron goes to for the min, Hou is the wildcard, but I bet going with bron in LA is what happens.

More-Than-Most
nah, he wanted to go to the place that gave him the best shot of winning. OKC > Philly.:facepalm:

lol i love westy in all honesty but always said PG13 is overrated.. He would have been good for you guys and the perfect piece... Philly would have helped him perfectly but why he didnt jump at the chance with LA is insane. He wanted the dollars period. I just hate people that talk out of their *** is all. Its a great signing for OKC but jesus at least show respect to magic who has talked up pg13 so much at least a meeting.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 01:17 AM
I want those 500K back for tampering, didn't end up doing **** lmao

Dade County
07-01-2018, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry but NBA makes the most $ if Lebron goes to NYK or Lakers.

I agree but he won't win anything.

And why did you even bring up the Knicks? lol

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:18 AM

SG Hall/Robinson
PG Westy
SF George
PF Adams
C Towns

again THEY CANT... They are way over the cap now. It would have to be a sign and trade and the wolves wont do it nor to the thunder have the assets to offer it. This is their team for a while minus melo next year... Even with melo off the books they are still over the cap come next year.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:19 AM
I agree but he won't win anything.

And why did you even bring up the Knicks? lol

cause i live in nyc lmao

lakerfan85
07-01-2018, 01:24 AM

SG Hall/Robinson
PG Westy
SF George
PF Adams
C Towns

They wouldn’t have the cap room to sign Towns. Plus he’ll be a restricted FA..

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:37 AM
Lol even kanter is trolling the lakers over pg13 xD... wow.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Lol even kanter is trolling the lakers over pg13 xD... wow.

kanter would wreck embiid on twitter.. i thought embiid was being a clown for wanting lebron and then saying lakers are magic and kobe's team. kinda pathetic from him.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:44 AM
kanter would wreck embiid on twitter.. i thought embiid was being a clown for wanting lebron and then saying lakers are magic and kobe's team. kinda pathetic from him.

he isnt wrong honestly. Its childish though but that is embiid for ya on twitter. I dont mind him or kanter... I like when players talk **** in all honesty. My favorite time last year was when he put Westy in his place for the game and westy when they won waves bye to him and got the last laugh ******** on him. I love that kind of stuff... If lebron does go its always going to be magic/kobe... Lebron could win 5 straight championships for LA and they will love kobe more... Lebron is a much much better player than kobe but there is nothing lebron can do that will make me think of him over kobe when it comes to the lakers... When I think of the lakers I will always think Magic/Kobe.

FlashBolt
07-01-2018, 01:47 AM
he isnt wrong honestly. Its childish though but that is embiid for ya on twitter. I dont mind him or kanter... I like when players talk **** in all honesty. My favorite time last year was when he put Westy in his place for the game and westy when they won waves bye to him and got the last laugh ******** on him. I love that kind of stuff... If lebron does go its always going to be magic/kobe... Lebron could win 5 straight championships for LA and they will love kobe more... Lebron is a much much better player than kobe but there is nothing lebron can do that will make me think of him over kobe when it comes to the lakers... When I think of the lakers I will always think Magic/Kobe.

he's 100% wrong. it's magic/kobe's team but lebron winning a few there would put his name on that same ranking. It's like me saying, "philly is iverson's team." It's just a very petty comment from someone who really wanted Bron on his team. His twitter antics are funny at times but you have to think that Embiid not being healthy is part of the reason why Bron probably doesn't trust going to philly right now. if philly had beaten the celtics, I think Bron would have played vs Philly and seen the potential they had.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 01:56 AM
[Nahmad] Stretching Melo and replacing him with a minimum contract would save the Thunder 91M in taxes.

Jesus christ lol

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 02:04 AM
Oh nooooo. We are going to sign melo aren't we.... oohh nooooo lmfao.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 02:06 AM
[Nahmad] Stretching Melo and replacing him with a minimum contract would save the Thunder 91M in taxes.

Jesus christ lol

I think it's 257mil with Melo & 173 without Melo.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 02:07 AM

Jesus christ lol

And improve the team.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 02:09 AM

God.....I think I'd rather have Anderson.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 02:10 AM
Oh nooooo. We are going to sign melo aren't we.... oohh nooooo lmfao.

magic cant be that stupid. My god that would be hilarious lol

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 02:11 AM
George just showed why lakers fans who said the Spurs have no leverage , have no clue what they are talking about.

Teams can trade for players and convince them to stay, George/okc just showed everyone that.

Spurs leverage just went up.

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 02:15 AM

I remember when the Lux cap was suppose to help small market teams keep and acquire talent. Now it's hurting mostly small market teams it seems like.

Whole cap system needs to be fixed.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Man OKC has an out though... Imagine what their team will get after next season if they offer up both westy and PG13 if they are 1 and done again... Quickest rebuild ever.

SfgiantsJD3
07-01-2018, 02:20 AM
interesting take

Scoots
07-01-2018, 02:36 AM

I think KD opting out delays the Warriors repeater tax payments, but the Warriors are going to rocket toward $400M in a couple years.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 02:40 AM
I think KD opting out delays the Warriors repeater tax payments, but the Warriors are going to rocket toward $400M in a couple years.

I don't know how it all works, but I do know that KD needs to go. He needs to take his *** to another team already.

IKnowHoops
07-01-2018, 02:51 AM

If it means KL and Brongo to the 76ers than they lost it.

LOb0
07-01-2018, 03:01 AM

Is that really how that works? I'm pretty sure it goes by what you pay at the end of the season. So you're still a repeater. You have to actually go a season without paying the tax.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 03:12 AM
Is that really how that works? I'm pretty sure it goes by what you pay at the end of the season. So you're still a repeater. You have to actually go a season without paying the tax.

I saw that somewhere but it doesn't sound right to me.

Vallejo Raiders
07-01-2018, 03:20 AM
I don't know how it all works, but I do know that KD needs to go. He needs to take his *** to another team already.

Why? I'm sure you weren't P.M. S'ING for Lerun to leave the Heat.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2018, 03:43 AM
interesting take

:laugh2:

:(

JAZZNC
07-01-2018, 04:05 AM
So OKC has 4 guys on a max contract and will have the same team that lost in the first round with HCA....that is an incredible amount of money to spend in a team that's going nowhere. I know you have to resign George if you can but damn.

Dade County
07-01-2018, 04:26 AM
Why? I'm sure you weren't P.M. S'ING for Lerun to leave the Heat.

I've been upset with Le-Con since he gave Dallas a championship.

And till this day I still don't know why he left Miami to go back to Cleveland. But I wasn't upset when he left.

But you trying to compare the two situations, is kind of out there. There was no salary cap spike for a team to take advantage of like this, to add a superstar player to a 73 win team.

Do you want me to keep on going?

Heediot
07-01-2018, 06:17 AM

Team BBB is loving it also.

cmellofan15
07-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Russ had Nas at that ****ing party, no way PG was leaving when you got the GOAT on your side

warfelg
07-01-2018, 08:53 AM

The way I understand and read, it doesn't 'delay' it per-se. What it does is waits kicking in the HUGE bill by 1 year because KD, Klay, Dray can now all sign in the same year; and you don't get the HUGE repeater tax until that would happen.

Yes he potentially "helped" by doing another 1+1; but at the same time he could have seriously screwed them too.

IndyRealist
07-01-2018, 09:11 AM
I remember when the Lux cap was suppose to help small market teams keep and acquire talent. Now it's hurting mostly small market teams it seems like.

Whole cap system needs to be fixed.

The tax doesn't precisely hurt small teams, because it's better than the flat tax they had before this. What hurt small teams is that the money blew up so much that teams don't care about the tax anymore.

Jamiecballer
07-01-2018, 09:15 AM
wow, i have thrown a lot of dirt Paul George's way over the last couple years for his transparent desire to be a laker so i have to be a man and pay my respect to the man for sticking with his guys.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 09:29 AM

TakeYourL
07-01-2018, 10:05 AM
The tax doesn't precisely hurt small teams, because it's better than the flat tax they had before this. What hurt small teams is that the money blew up so much that teams don't care about the tax anymore.

I dunno how much more $ has to do with it as much as its literally the only way to compete and remain relavant right now.

When small market teams aren't relavant they lose buckets of money compared to the big market teams.

I agree it's better than a flat tax though, but the NBA cap as a whole is a nightmare. To many teams handcuffed by bad contracts, and the luxury tax is really hurting teams who want to win, but can't can't make it happen because the cap issues are too big a road block.

Scoots
07-01-2018, 10:11 AM
So OKC has 4 guys on a max contract and will have the same team that lost in the first round with HCA....that is an incredible amount of money to spend in a team that's going nowhere. I know you have to resign George if you can but damn.

Superteam!

Scoots
07-01-2018, 10:12 AM
OKC has 5 empty roster spots still don't they?

KnicksorBust
07-01-2018, 10:44 AM
I really got the feeling that he(PG) and Westbrook liked each other. I think its different than Durant. He is different than Durant. I will say OKC.

Great post.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Silent
07-01-2018, 12:29 PM
George just showed why lakers fans who said the Spurs have no leverage , have no clue what they are talking about.

Teams can trade for players and convince them to stay, George/okc just showed everyone that.

Spurs leverage just went up.

Only way spurs trade Leonard to La is they rob theme blind other then that not gonna happen

Silent
07-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Scoots
07-01-2018, 01:07 PM
$220M+ for 10 players ... an average of $22M+ per player.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I'd take Melo for Ibaka if they want.

Jamiecballer
07-01-2018, 01:24 PM
I'd take Melo for Ibaka if they want.you are not authorized!

Chronz
07-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Wtf, its the only one that sounds right . Whether it's true or not is for ya'lls to find out

THE MTL
07-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Good move right there. Still think he could have given back 4.3 mil per year.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-01-2018, 04:11 PM
you are not authorized!

We get rid of Ibaka abd Melo expires next year.

Vinny642
07-01-2018, 05:23 PM
I gained a lot of respect for PG

nastynice
07-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Lakers whiffed. I dont get why he opted out if he was gonna stay, shouldn't he have opted in and got paid more?

warfelg
07-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Lakers whiffed. I dont get why he opted out if he was gonna stay, shouldn't he have opted in and got paid more?

He was slated to make $20mil. By opting out and resigning he now get's $30 mil.

nastynice
07-01-2018, 06:09 PM
He was slated to make $20mil. By opting out and resigning he now get's $30 mil.

I see, I thought opting in would allow him more years and higher overall salary

nastynice
07-01-2018, 06:10 PM
This is a little surprising, thought lebron and pg were apparently talking about LA together.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 06:18 PM
I see, I thought opting in would allow him more years and higher overall salary

Nope that had 0 effect on it.

warfelg
07-01-2018, 07:50 PM

hahahahahaha