PDA

View Full Version : stan van gundy sent packing

Vinylman
05-07-2018, 02:12 PM
its official

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/van-gundy-wont-return-to-pistons-as-coach-or-team-president/ar-AAwTM7h?ocid=spartanntp

warfelg
05-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Sixers fans right now because of his anti-process takes:
https://i.imgur.com/Gh77i.gif

Vinylman
05-07-2018, 02:26 PM
I guess both Griffin and Drummond are available

Vinylman
05-07-2018, 03:29 PM
I doubt it. I think they'll look to find a coach who can bring the best out of the pair.

nah ... they fired the guy who ridiculed tearing it down like philly did... they will now bring in a guy who does exactly that...

TrueFan420
05-07-2018, 03:30 PM
I guess both Griffin and Drummond are available

I doubt it. I think they'll look to find a coach who can bring the best out of the pair.

warfelg
05-07-2018, 03:40 PM
nah ... they fired the guy who ridiculed tearing it down like philly did... they will now bring in a guy who does exactly that...

They won't go that far but they have definitely slammed their head against the wall for a while.

AllBall
05-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Brent Barry up for consideration. I love Brent! Hope he gets it. :)

Scoots
05-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Brent Barry is great ... keep his father far away :)

Scoots
05-07-2018, 08:34 PM
JVG talks about analytics and clearly doesn't understand them ... I wonder if his brother does.

warfelg
05-07-2018, 09:00 PM
JVG talks about analytics and clearly doesn't understand them ... I wonder if his brother does.

Clearly he doesn't. Have you heard his comments on the Sixers the last 4 years?

warfelg
05-07-2018, 09:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rwCzj2o4qw

This video is even funnier in hindsight.

mark1125
05-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Van Gundy made moves to keep his job....not make the team better long term. His poor drafting and trading has hamstrung the Pistons for awhile. No flexibility. Of course Gores is partially to blame. hings are going to get a lot worse before they get better for a once proud franchise.

beasted86
05-07-2018, 11:52 PM
The trades haven't been terrible, its the contacts. Reggie Jackson trade made the team relevant and got them to the playoffs. I feel Blake Griffin deal will pay off long term in attendance and interest.

But the role player signings are horrible. Jon Leur or whatever his name is, Jodie Meeks a few years ago, Langston Galloway. And last but certainly not least, the Josh Smith blunder where they are STILL paying him!! Horrible signings!!

LionsFan..LOL
05-08-2018, 12:09 AM
Van Gundy made moves to keep his job....not make the team better long term. His poor drafting and trading has hamstrung the Pistons for awhile. No flexibility. Of course Gores is partially to blame. hings are going to get a lot worse before they get better for a once proud franchise.

Exactly. There is no real reason to watch them for the next few years. No matter who comes in they are just hired to be fired working through this trash only for the next person to come in to cash in on their hard work. Shame too because they went through all that trouble for a new stadium that will be half empty most of the time (between them and the Wings).

ewing
05-08-2018, 03:19 AM
Sixer fans are so bitter

warfelg
05-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I don't think SVG ever gets another job in the NBA TBH. His offenses are very simplistic, his defenses are very average despite twice having defensive studs in the center, and his personnel decisions have been questionable. Add on his outward distaste for analytics, the fact that his team attempted near the bottom of 3's.

He's a old school coach in an evolving league.

cheetos185
05-08-2018, 09:21 AM
That pistons roster is just not going to work a pg that can't shoot 3s efficiently pf/c that can't provide floor spacing they need tear it down.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk