PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry or LeBron James?

Pages : [1] 2

rocket
05-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Curry all day :cool:

Jeffy25
05-06-2018, 03:51 PM
fun troll thread

nastynice
05-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Gimme Steven Curry baby!

Iíd rather have 5 players playing at their best than 1 goat plus 4 guys playing at their worst

See: Curry effect, adj: the effect Curry has on any 4 given teammates on the court with him. Antonym; lebron effect

Chronz
05-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Gimme Steven Curry baby!

Iíd rather have 5 players playing at their best than 1 goat plus 4 guys playing at their worst

See: Curry effect, adj: the effect Curry has on any 4 given teammates on the court with him. Antonym; lebron effect
KD puts up better numbers without curry

nastynice
05-06-2018, 04:46 PM
KD puts up better numbers without curry

I hear ya, shoulda clarified, I'll take rings over stats. That's the crux of my argument

Jeffy25
05-06-2018, 04:47 PM
I hear ya, shoulda clarified, I'll take rings over stats. That's the crux of my argument

lol

I'd argue that Klay Thompson is almost, or just as good as Wade was for Bron.

Then add in Green and Durant?

Come on

More-Than-Most
05-06-2018, 04:52 PM
can we not disrespect lebron like this... one guy could carry a team by himself... the other gets exploited in a finals and loses mvp to iggy.

nastynice
05-06-2018, 05:02 PM
lol

Come on

That's my point. Next to curry Klay is a sav, next to lebron... what happened to Korver again?

Could you imagine Wade next to curry, lmao, omg

Chronz
05-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Yeah you're better off sticking to your opinion than lies so that's much better

Chronz
05-06-2018, 05:25 PM
That's my point. Next to curry Klay is a sav, next to lebron... what happened to Korver again?

Korver had his most productive season since he was an allstar and has enjoyed by far the most efficient post season of his career. Klay on the other hand has thrived in currys absence this post season

nastynice
05-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Yeah you're better off sticking to your opinion than lies so that's much better

Mos def, proud member of rings over stats crew right here :cool:

ODB13
05-06-2018, 05:37 PM
lol

Come on

Why "Bron"?

FlashBolt
05-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Not a troll thread. Some people are just idiots and that is why they end up living a life under government assistance.

Chronz
05-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Not a troll thread. Some people are just idiots and that is why they end up living a life under government assistance.

That's not idiotic, that's just complacency. Idiots lose millions and end up broke

FlashBolt
05-06-2018, 08:37 PM
That's not idiotic, that's just complacency. Idiots lose millions and end up broke

And idiots make bad decisions and have poor explanation for things leading to being incompetent.

Jeffy25
05-06-2018, 09:42 PM

I feel very differently about this.

And Korver was already an old man before joining Bron (like Allen before him)

Wade is a significantly worse version of Durant

tredigs
05-06-2018, 09:54 PM
lol

Come on

You'd argue that? I'd argue you are a ****ing idiot.

Jeffy25
05-06-2018, 10:05 PM

I didn't say Thompson is as good as Wade, I said he is as good for Bron.

Bron doesn't need isolated ball handlers who can create their own shot, like Wade, Kobe, etc.

He needs floor spacers who can catch and shoot, like Love, Korver, Thompson, etc.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2018, 10:21 PM

lmfao the anger is real.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2018, 10:22 PM

Bron doesn't need isolated ball handlers who can create their own shot, like Wade, Kobe, etc.

He needs floor spacers who can catch and shoot, like Love, Korver, Thompson, etc.

also klay is a better defender than wade ever was.

IKnowHoops
05-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Or nah

carlessyen
05-06-2018, 11:05 PM
If you said Curry you have a zero sports IQ and should just start watching food network or QVC instead.

tredigs
05-06-2018, 11:37 PM

And you're wrong. Wade outplayed Bron in their first Finals. They lost because Bron got outplayed by the likes of Jason Terry. Wade was coming off a post season as arguably THE best playoff performer. Klay Thompson? Bro. We are talking vastly different tiers of players. Klay (in his peak age of 27) just put up 15/3.9/2.1 on 39/39/79 throughout their championship playoff run. Wade is one of the greatest players in history. Who are you clowns trying to fool lol?

goingfor28
05-06-2018, 11:49 PM
LeBron and it's not even close

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-06-2018, 11:53 PM
And you're wrong. Wade outplayed Bron in their first Finals. They lost because Bron got outplayed by the likes of Jason Terry. Wade was coming off a post season as arguably THE best playoff performer. Klay Thompson? Bro. We are talking vastly different tiers of players. Klay (in his peak age of 27) just put up 15/3.9/2.1 on 39/39/79 throughout their championship playoff run. Wade is one of the greatest players in history. Who are you clowns trying to fool lol?

If only bron had the same benefit as curry when iggy out played him and they still won the title... if anyone ever out plays bron they dont win games let alone titles... that is the real value of the goat

tredigs
05-07-2018, 12:00 AM
If only bron had the same benefit as curry when iggy out played him and they still won the title... if anyone ever out plays bron they dont win games let alone titles... that is the real value of the goat

You might be the weakest bball mind I know who spends as much time as they do following the sport. I don't have enough time to educate you.

Yes, Bron is awesome. But man are you lost.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2018, 12:10 AM
We all know itís Bron, even those saying otherwise.

ODB13
05-07-2018, 12:17 AM

And that's a knockout.

AllBall
05-07-2018, 12:22 AM
I'll take the player that forced a 73-win team to add the second best player in the leauge just to compete.

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 12:30 AM

Exactly

And the response you get is just insults

nastynice
05-07-2018, 12:31 AM

"for Bron". Exactly.

Take that same dominant player and he will always be better in a "for Curry" situation than a "for Bron" situation. Its the nature of his game. There is almost no drop off in offensive impact for Curry w/o the ball in his hands compared to w/ the ball. What happens to lebron without the ball in his hands? MAJOR drop off. That's why he always needs the ball in his hands. And his teammate should wear mitts to keep their hands warm.

Like I said, 5 players at their best > 1 goat + 4 players at their worst

That's an exaggeration, lebron's teammates aren't at their worst with him, but most of them ain't at their best either. I hope you get the point being made here

nastynice
05-07-2018, 12:33 AM

lol @ iggy outplaying curry.

The hate is real. Just wait, you'll see it next year too ;)

rocket
05-07-2018, 12:39 AM
the Warriors are nothing without Curry. KD joined his team

the impact Curry has on his teammates around him is absurd. best shooter the game has ever seen with elite handles and a smooth layup package. people still find a way to underrate him. i guess it's hard to accept the fact that the man of his stature is going to beat LeBron in the finals for the 3rd year out of 4..

:laugh2: :referee: :ouch:

tredigs
05-07-2018, 12:41 AM
lol @ iggy outplaying curry.

The hate is real. Just wait, you'll see it next year too ;)
Trolls. Curry plays the team game and dominates. He is the beast.

AllBall
05-07-2018, 12:45 AM

Wade is #1 Shot Blocking Guard of All Time, lol, pls go

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 12:50 AM
"for Bron". Exactly.

Take that same dominant player and he will always be better in a "for Curry" situation than a "for Bron" situation. Its the nature of his game. There is almost no drop off in offensive impact for Curry w/o the ball in his hands compared to w/ the ball. What happens to lebron without the ball in his hands? MAJOR drop off. That's why he always needs the ball in his hands. And his teammate should wear mitts to keep their hands warm.

Like I said, 5 players at their best > 1 goat + 4 players at their worst

That's an exaggeration, lebron's teammates aren't at their worst with him, but most of them ain't at their best either. I hope you get the point being made here

You have no idea what the discussion was at this point, do you?

Thompson would be better for Bron than Wade is for Bron.

Wade wouldn't be better for Curry either.

It isn't inverse

Wade is a better on ball player. Thompson is a very good off ball player.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Wade is #1 Shot Blocking Guard of All Time, lol, pls go

The moment you use shot blocking for guards is the moment you showed up to a gun fight with rocks while intoxicated. Jesus christ

tredigs
05-07-2018, 12:55 AM

It isn't inverse

Lmfao. You are so lost.

AllBall
05-07-2018, 01:09 AM
The moment you use shot blocking for guards is the moment you showed up to a gun fight with rocks while intoxicated. Jesus christ

Bigs get blocks easily. It was a height distinction, that makes it MORE impressive.

ODB13
05-07-2018, 01:20 AM

It isn't inverse

I thought only LeBron's close friends could call him "Bron."

nastynice
05-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Lloyd Bron

ODB13
05-07-2018, 01:22 AM
Lmfao. You are so lost.

I got to 35 years old before I heard of an "on ball" player. So glad to get this PSD education on basketball!

nastynice
05-07-2018, 01:28 AM

It isn't inverse

So you're telling me dominant on ball players aren't a good fit for lebron, but you're also saying Wade wouldn't be better for Curry. So you're telling me dominant on ball players aren't a good fit for Curry??

Have you ever watched a warriors game?

mrblisterdundee
05-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Still prefer LeBron's versatility to Curry's all-time shooting. Get LeBron, then get shooters.

Firefistus
05-07-2018, 01:39 AM
I honestly don't know how this is even debatable. I'm not even a Lebron fan, nor am I a LeBron hater, but c'mon. Anyone who thinks he's not the best player in the league is high on something. And if you don't think he's the best in the league now, you'll never think he is. He does things no one does. Period. When you're arguing whether LeBron is better than Jordan, that puts you in the same level as LITERALLY GOAT.

No one argues whether Curry is better than MJ. That's not even question, but somehow LeBron, who is in that conversation, is suddenly worse than Curry?

I suggest you all watch the new SNL skit about the Other Cavs team. It pertains to this conversation.

https://youtu.be/d9HGjZd_Fm8

More-Than-Most
05-07-2018, 02:01 AM
Still prefer LeBron's versatility to Curry's all-time shooting. Get LeBron, then get shooters.

not just that... lebron does everything better than curry except shooting by a ton and even the shooting he knows his weakness so it doesnt cost him.... lebron has never and will never be used as the other teams target in which to expose to win a championship... when in any universe would lebron enter a finals or jordan and not be the mvp... curry lost the mvp to iggy and in another finals lost the championship because they exposed his putrid defense which would never ever happen to lebron. This thread is so disrespectful to lebron it isnt even funny... at this point its only jordan vs lebron and even soon comparing jordan to lebron will be disrespectful to lebron,

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 02:43 AM
So you're telling me dominant on ball players aren't a good fit for lebron, but you're also saying Wade wouldn't be better for Curry. So you're telling me dominant on ball players aren't a good fit for Curry??

Have you ever watched a warriors game?

plenty of them.

Durant changed his game style to fit the Warriors, no the other way around.

Curry is in an offense. Bron is the offense, and others try to get open and help here and there.

nastynice
05-07-2018, 02:57 AM
plenty of them.

Durant changed his game style to fit the Warriors, no the other way around.

Curry is in an offense. Bron is the offense, and others try to get open and help here and there.

Durant is allowed to operate as a pure scorer that gets lots of touches early in the clock. Not sure what he changed, maybe he did change something, I don't know, but he's an on ball player that works absolutely beautifully next to Curry, allowed to play his game to the max. Maybe I'm missing it, but what sacrifices is Durant making in order to fit in with Curry? Because I see none, and that's my whole point here

Definitely wrong about Curry, Curry is our system. Not sure if that even hurts or helps in this debate, but just an observation and correction of your post. We can spread the floor and run screens because of the type of player he and klay are

NYKalltheway
05-07-2018, 05:04 AM
Steph Curry if I want to win basketball games.
Lebron James if I want marketing revenue.

basketfan4life
05-07-2018, 05:25 AM
Man, it is too hard for me to accept it because of his style of ball dominant play but LBJ is the best player in the game.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Durant is allowed to operate as a pure scorer that gets lots of touches early in the clock. Not sure what he changed, maybe he did change something, I don't know, but he's an on ball player that works absolutely beautifully next to Curry, allowed to play his game to the max. Maybe I'm missing it, but what sacrifices is Durant making in order to fit in with Curry? Because I see none, and that's my whole point here

Definitely wrong about Curry, Curry is our system. Not sure if that even hurts or helps in this debate, but just an observation and correction of your post. We can spread the floor and run screens because of the type of player he and klay are

His production changed.

rocket
05-07-2018, 09:53 AM
not just that... lebron does everything better than curry except shooting by a ton and even the shooting he knows his weakness so it doesnt cost him.... lebron has never and will never be used as the other teams target in which to expose to win a championship... when in any universe would lebron enter a finals or jordan and not be the mvp... curry lost the mvp to iggy and in another finals lost the championship because they exposed his putrid defense which would never ever happen to lebron. This thread is so disrespectful to lebron it isnt even funny... at this point its only jordan vs lebron and even soon comparing jordan to lebron will be disrespectful to lebron,

Iggy > Curry

got it. :facepalm:

if LeBron was the GOAT he wouldn't be getting smacked in the finals. lmao saying that the reason Dubs lost finals is because of Curry's D.. or maybe you know the NBA suspending Draymond for no reason?

LeBron is GOAT. Dude is lucky the NBA handed him a ring otherwise he would be in position to lose 4 straight finals :laugh:

nastynice
05-07-2018, 10:58 AM
His production changed.

Sure, maybe you're right, what part of his game changed?

WaDe03
05-07-2018, 12:46 PM
MTM is so dumb lol. This thread is dumb too, it's LeBron.

mightybosstone
05-07-2018, 01:31 PM
OP didn't even clarify what he was asking. If I was looking for a guy to win a 3-point contest or a game of horse, I'd probably take Curry. If I wanted a guy to put up better statistics in the regular season, I'd probably take Curry as well. But if I needed a guy to win me a playoff series, I'd take Lebron and I wouldn't think twice about it. If we're measuring career legacies or even just peak production, I'd take Lebron without thinking about it.

Lebron is the better player, period. And he's proven it in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 01:39 PM
you already know anyone who votes Curry is just a hater. There's no other explanation. Just ignore all those who vote Curry from this point on. What's the point of debating blatant haters who can't even explain why Curry is better but vote for Curry.

rocket
05-07-2018, 01:46 PM
you already know anyone who votes Curry is just a hater. There's no other explanation. Just ignore all those who vote Curry from this point on. What's the point of debating blatant haters who can't even explain why Curry is better but vote for Curry.

i think it's fair to ask if you would rather have the #1 or #2 player in the NBA. are you Heat fan that turned into an OKC fan when Bron left Miami?

Curry

Bron

[2-1]

mngopher35
05-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Lebron but I do wish we could see curry pushed and really get to see what he is made of tbh, I think he would surprise some who see him lesser than Durante etc.

Jamiecballer
Ask a legit question and you will get legit answers OP

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
i think it's fair to ask if you would rather have the #1 or #2 player in the NBA. are you Heat fan that turned into an OKC fan when Bron left Miami?

Curry

Bron

[2-1]

What does all of your nonsense have anything to do with who the better player is? Make your arguments. You haven't said anything. I guess your definition of better player is who the better shooter is. I see no criteria that you've established to say Curry is better than LeBron. None. And this guy quotes 2-1 in the Finals as if LeBron wasn't destroying Curry a new booty until KD went there and then Curry finally somehow played well in the Finals again.

mightybosstone
05-07-2018, 01:50 PM

There's at least a halfway decent case to be made for Curry in terms of what he does to spread the floor and his ability to hit ridiculous shots that no other player in history would even dare take. What he brings offensively is something that no other player in NBA history is really capable of, and I can appreciate that. His numbers in the regular season have also been exceptional in recent years and probably a bit better than Lebron's (not including this year).

That being said, I kind of think the argument ends there. And there are too many other variables to take into account, like playmaking, defense, postseason production and clutch performance, not to mention health. Lebron has hit two game winners in the playoffs, while Curry has barely seen the court at all. So while I can understand why someone might personally prefer Curry, I don't think there's a strong case to be made for him over Lebron when you consider every variable.

Vee-Rex
05-07-2018, 01:50 PM
I'll take LeGoat over Steph right now. Maybe that'll be different next year or the following year, who knows.

IKnowHoops
05-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Sure, maybe you're right, what part of his game changed?

The aggressiveness that makes him top 5 ever is leashed

Jamiecballer
05-07-2018, 05:00 PM
lol

Come onSpot on Jeffy. Can you imagine Lebron/Thompson pairing. Thompson would be setting fg% records I have zero doubt. I mean wade is great but that is a dream pairing IMO

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Spot on Jeffy. Can you imagine Lebron/Thompson pairing. Thompson would be setting fg% records I have zero doubt. I mean wade is great but that is a dream pairing IMO

It's about system, not talent.

Bron needs shooters and some guys to help him on defense.

Wade and Bron isn't an ideal pairing. He needs off ball movers and scorers (like Korver and Love). He doesn't need Kyrie or Wade except to try to score some points when he rests.

If I build the ideal team among current players for Bron, not based on talent, but rather archetypes.

I'd give him a good pick and roll center
A stretch PF
A off ball shooting guard
A off ball shooting guard

One of those guards needs to be competent on perimeter defense

Find role players that fit those styles over top tier talent that doesn't, and Bron is better off.

Wade and Kyrie are Hall of Fame talented players, but that doesn't mean they were the right help for LeBron.

Jordan had the perfect scheme to play in

A skyscraping center to help board/defend in the paint
A hustle rebounding PF
A wing defender and scorer on and off ball can help carry a load or sit back
A perimeter defender who draws enough attention that you can't abandon him on the wing

Firefistus
05-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Gimme Steven Curry baby!

Funny that you vote Curry and in the same post mention that LeBron is the GOAT.....hm...

tredigs
05-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Spot on Jeffy. Can you imagine Lebron/Thompson pairing. Thompson would be setting fg% records I have zero doubt. I mean wade is great but that is a dream pairing IMO

I'm not sure if you're being serious.

There is absolutely no chance he has it easier in Cleveland than he does in Golden State.

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 05:42 PM

There is absolutely no chance he has it easier in Cleveland than he does in Golden State.

That wasn't the argument.

The argument was that it would be easier for LeBron to play next to Thompson than to play next to Wade.

Even if Wade is the superior player all time

tredigs
05-07-2018, 05:47 PM
That wasn't the argument.

The argument was that it would be easier for LeBron to play next to Thompson than to play next to Wade.

Even if Wade is the superior player all time
You're wildly mistaken. Wade took over in crucial games with regularity. Klay very rarely does that. The Heat with Klay in Wade's place are a far worse team (save for their last season when Wade began to show his age). Bron has another ring on the back of Wade if he even plays halfway decent in the 2010 Finals. This argument is a complete joke.

Jeffy25
05-07-2018, 05:52 PM
You're wildly mistaken. Wade took over in crucial games with regularity. Klay very rarely does that. The Heat with Klay in Wade's place are a far worse team (save for their last season when Wade began to show his age). Bron has another ring on the back of Wade if he even plays halfway decent in the 2010 Finals. This argument is a complete joke.

LeBron doesn't need a team mate to take over!

Lol, pay attention to what the argument was.

We are talking about each guy as a team mate of LeBron, since that was the original comment.

lol

Come on

Since you didn't seem to understand, and by your last post continue to show you don't, I clarified back then.

It isn't inverse

You guys keep getting upset, and talking about things that were never discussed as your attempt to dismiss the comments. Stay on topic. You won't get so upset.

I'm not saying Thompson is better than Dwayne Wade.

I'm saying LeBron would rather play next to a Klay Thompson than a Dwayne Wade.

This discussion is about LeBron.

LeBron didn't need to sit back and watch Wade try to close out games. He can do that himself, he needs guys to draw attention from deep so he gets more one on one matchups, and Thompson is clearly the superior shooter, especially from deep.

Wade is the better play creator and probably better defender.

LeBron doesn't need another guy slashing to the bucket and dribbling for 17 seconds of the shot clock and taking him out of plays.

tredigs
05-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Uh. LeBron does in fact need a Wade or a Kyrie + another All Star. Rest assure, those two closed out PLENTY of games. He's never beaten the West without that.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Uh. LeBron does in fact need a Wade or a Kyrie + another All Star. Rest assure, those two closed out PLENTY of games. He's never beaten the West without that.

Nice try but you convinced no one.

nastynice
05-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Funny that you vote Curry and in the same post mention that LeBron is the GOAT.....hm...

Because lebrons dominant, and I mean stupidly ridiculously dominant individual play doesnít translate as well to 5 on 5. Curryís on court make up is a 5 on 5 wet dream and while lebron would beat him one on one rings are given via 5 on 5 play, not 1 on 1, and like I said earlier, Iím all about the rings :cool:

rocket
05-07-2018, 08:39 PM
hey LeBron fans.. yall forget about Kyrie? remember how much LeBron would defer to Kyrie during the clutch?

if he and Gordon Hayward were playing this year Bron wouldn't even make it out the terribly weak east conference, [year in year out]

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Are we talking last 3 years,? Peak, prime? Career, or this year here?

goingfor28
05-07-2018, 09:00 PM
If only bron had the same benefit as curry when iggy out played him and they still won the title... if anyone ever out plays bron they dont win games let alone titles... that is the real value of the goatSpot on

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Ben Wallace, Wade, Shaq. Lebron had all of these guys in there primes and when they had already won titles as the man, and he still couldn't get over the hump. He also disappeared when Wade was on the squad which is why the Mavs won.

goingfor28
05-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Ben Wallace, Wade, Shaq. Lebron had all of these guys in there primes and when they had already won titles as the man, and he still couldn't get over the hump. He also disappeared when Wade was on the squad which is why the Mavs won.Lol at LeBron having prime Shaq. Shaq was 37 and averaged under 24 min per game. Ben Wallace was also nowhere near his prime. Wade was past it too, just not by as much.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Lol at LeBron having prime Shaq. Shaq was 37 and averaged under 24 min per game. Ben Wallace was also nowhere near his prime. Wade was past it too, just not by as much.

Shaq at his prime.. now you know this guy is definitely being a troll.

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Lol at LeBron having prime Shaq. Shaq was 37 and averaged under 24 min per game. Ben Wallace was also nowhere near his prime. Wade was past it too, just not by as much.

You can't win an allstar game mvp the year prior and not be in your prime, which Shaq did before he and Lebron joined forces.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 09:48 PM
"All-Star game MVP." Lol. This is too funny! No one even plays defense and it was obvious that it was a feel-good moment for Shaq+Kobe reuniting on the same team so both players kept running plays for one another. Again, no defense and it was an exhibition game. This guy is something else..

tredigs
05-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Nice try but you convinced no one.
Lol? This is a fact buddy.

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 10:15 PM
"All-Star game MVP." Lol. This is too funny! No one even plays defense and it was obvious that it was a feel-good moment for Shaq+Kobe reuniting on the same team so both players kept running plays for one another. Again, no defense and it was an exhibition game. This guy is something else..

Did I say something incorrect?

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 10:17 PM

My point is, every first option today needs some sort of second ball handler who is elite or All-Star material. Trying to convince us that LeBron needs it while ignoring that it's pretty much what most contenders have these days is just a terrible take. Is Lebron the only one who can't have help? Curry has KD and Klay. Harden now has CP3. It's the norm.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Did I say something incorrect?

All 66,427 things, actually.

goingfor28
05-07-2018, 10:27 PM
You can't win an allstar game mvp the year prior and not be in your prime, which Shaq did before he and Lebron joined forces.Lmaoooooooo

ewing
05-07-2018, 10:43 PM
My point is, every first option today needs some sort of second ball handler who is elite or All-Star material. Trying to convince us that LeBron needs it while ignoring that it's pretty much what most contenders have these days is just a terrible take. Is Lebron the only one who can't have help? Curry has KD and Klay. Harden now has CP3. It's the norm.

So he is right and james isnít better off with a stand still shooter then an Irving or Wade. Thatís not a knock on James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
05-07-2018, 11:30 PM

All Star material? You're talking about legend level offensive players and another All Star on top. The point is, let's not sit here and pretend Bron doesn't need that. He can't win a ship without it. This year will obviously be no different.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:19 AM
The aggressiveness that makes him top 5 ever is leashed

I have not one time seen his coach or teammates pull the reigns back on him when he is playing aggressive. He is 100% allowed to play his game, Curry doesnít need the ball in his hands to leave his fingerprints all over a game. Itís a perfect pairing

Curry and co flipped their game upside down for the better part of a season in order to help this dominant scorer get acclimated within the system. Thereís no stat for that, but thatís another diff between lebron and curry, check mark for curry

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:24 AM

The obvious irony and hole in this argument being that if 2011 finals lebron played at the level that 2015 finals curry did, they beat the mavs and are champs in year one of the big 3 experiment

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 01:34 AM
All Star material? You're talking about legend level offensive players and another All Star on top. The point is, let's not sit here and pretend Bron doesn't need that. He can't win a ship without it. This year will obviously be no different.

And Jordan would need that in this era, every legend would.

Individuals can no longer, and never will again, be able to win a chip alone like you could in prior decades.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 01:52 AM
And Jordan would need that in this era, every legend would.

Individuals can no longer, and never will again, be able to win a chip alone like you could in prior decades. It's a fact that Bron needs it. That much we know.

His one win over a tougher opponent was due to a suspension. They lose in 5 without that. We can discuss further tomorrow.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 02:06 AM

Tre, stop talking about Lebron, your always wrong. You hate him to much.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 02:09 AM
Ben Wallace, Wade, Shaq. Lebron had all of these guys in there primes and when they had already won titles as the man, and he still couldn't get over the hump. He also disappeared when Wade was on the squad which is why the Mavs won.

And this mtfk was a mod? Ha...ahaha...ahaha ha...ahahahahahahahahahahhgahahahahajahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 02:13 AM

A fact that means dó-.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 02:14 AM

Klay is an all star

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 02:20 AM
It's a fact that Bron needs it. That much we know.

His one win over a tougher opponent was due to a suspension. They lose in 5 without that. We can discuss further tomorrow.

Stop Tre, and you guys won your first one because of injuries. Accept the Cleveland injuries were way worse and more detrimental

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 02:21 AM
Tre, stop talking about Lebron, your always wrong. You hate him to much.

well to be fair he has reason to hate him... i mean id hate a guy nomatter how great if my team was up 3-1 and lebron forced a chicken bone down their throat and bent them over and forced them to go cry and beg for durant another guy that couldnt get passed lebron so they teamed up and became the super friends all to stop the GOAT power in the universe.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Stop Tre, and you guys won your first one because of injuries. Accept the Cleveland injuries were way worse and more detrimental

Doesnít that just prove his point even more?

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:34 AM
well to be fair he has reason to hate him... i mean id hate a guy nomatter how great if my team was up 3-1 and lebron forced a chicken bone down their throat and bent them over and forced them to go cry and beg for durant another guy that couldnt get passed lebron so they teamed up and became the super friends all to stop the GOAT power in the universe.

I think most warriors fan feel the opposite from that whole situation. That entire ďmake the series interestingĒ debacle lead us to getting kd, and in year one, YEAR ONE, our team is legitimately in the discussion of greatest team of all time.

We still gotta see what happens the next couple years, but believe me, if your team were in that position moving forward, youíd be grateful for whatever circumstances lead to that. Be it losing a finals, or winning 15 games 4 years in a row leading to a nice collection of top 3 picks

You actually almost started thinking that bout your sixers this year my rook, lmao ;)

Donít worry, when theyíre ready to contend, youíll know. Should push an injury riddled celts a few games more, hopefully that donít put you back on your delusion horse again

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 03:12 AM
And this mtfk was a mod? Ha...ahaha...ahaha ha...ahahahahahahahahahahhgahahahahajahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean on one hand you say donít attack the mods, yet this is your representation of a mod. Um...Iím gonna resist arrest in here if I feel wronged if you guys are handing over the keys like that.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 03:13 AM
It's a fact that Bron needs it. That much we know.

Who was the last legend to win a chip alone?

Was it before LeBron was in his prime?

Maybe you can get away with the 2011 Mavs with Dirk, but that was still a great squad

Prior to that, probably Shaq with a young Kobe, then Jordan was the last one.

It doesn't happen any longer.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 03:16 AM
Doesnít that just prove his point even more?

Math class teaches you than when two things cancel each other out then there no need to bring up either. And if you are going to bring up one, you have to bring up the other. But when you bring up one point and drive it home without mentioning the other as if it didnít exist, then your being hypocritical. And that was s what Tre was doing.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 03:21 AM
Math class teaches you than when two things cancel each other out then there no need to bring up either. And if you are going to bring up one, you have to bring up the other. But when you bring up one point and drive it home without mentioning the other as if it didnít exist, then your being hypocritical. And that was s what Tre was doing.

His argument was that lebron needs help (just like anyone else) to win, 2016 finals being where kyrie played a major role in winning.

You then mention the 2015 finals where lebron didnít have that help, and how they lost.

Doesnít that just drive his point home even further? That lebron needs help to win.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 03:22 AM
Who was the last legend to win a chip alone?

Was it before LeBron was in his prime?

Maybe you can get away with the 2011 Mavs with Dirk, but that was still a great squad

Prior to that, probably Shaq with a young Kobe, then Jordan was the last one.

It doesn't happen any longer.

How did Jordan win a chip alone? I mean even Shaq? Alone no, those teams were monsters.

ewing
05-08-2018, 03:25 AM
His argument was that lebron needs help (just like anyone else) to win, 2016 finals being where kyrie played a major role in winning.

You then mention the 2015 finals where lebron didnít have that help, and how they lost.

Doesnít that just drive his point home even further? That lebron needs help to win.

He's very sensitive

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 04:22 AM
How did Jordan win a chip alone? I mean even Shaq? Alone no, those teams were monsters.

Then why do people keep acting like chips are individual stats/accomplishments?

prodigy
05-08-2018, 08:34 AM
how is this stupid thread still open? Common mods.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 08:54 AM

Yeah, at this point I'm talking to walls. I just need to ignore the stans when it comes to Bron, their heads are too far up his *** for any rational discussion.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Itís obvious he needs help. Itís obvious he needs less help than anyone in history.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Then why do people keep acting like chips are individual stats/accomplishments?

Because they want to tear down Lebron in an argument.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Yeah, at this point I'm talking to walls. I just need to ignore the stans when it comes to Bron, their heads are too far up his *** for any rational discussion.

Weird that the only person who gets you is an 18 year old GS slobber. You are hitting your mark exactly, making the impression you expected I guess.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:46 AM

In other news, we all need air

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:49 AM
how is this stupid thread still open? Common mods.

I love these threads. Good exposure for a few.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:51 AM
I mean Tre has Durant passing Bron 4 years ago so...anything involving Bron will absolutely freak him out and lead him into saying some hatin aó ish. He canít help it. The guy actual hates Lebron, as in inferiority complex.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 10:06 AM
I mean Tre has Durant passing Bron 4 years ago so...anything involving Bron will absolutely freak him out and lead him into saying some hatin aó ish. He canít help it. The guy actual hates Lebron, as in inferiority complex.

Bro you're shook and just reaching all over the place. It's embarrassing. Get it together.

Jamiecballer
05-08-2018, 10:28 AM

well i didn't say anything about how hard he would have to work, only that i think he would be racking up insane 3's. Lebron is the smartest player I've ever seen. He pretty much has the ball the entire game and almost never makes a bad decision with the ball. curry is a very good passer, but Lebrons level of underratedness as a passer is ridiculous, and his ability to see the play before the play is the basketball equivalent of Wayne Gretzky.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Lebron
Durant
Curry
Harden

in that order

Jamiecballer
05-08-2018, 10:32 AM

you are assuming of course that Lebron needs that. right? look at the way Lebron is playing this post-season taking all the big shots even when everyone in the building knows that he is the man taking it. And consider the fact that the numbers already showed him to be the best in the clutch. what if Lebron is just much more aware of how to function as part of a team and utilize other peoples skillsets than you seem to think? i mean, did he need Kyrie? or does it now look more like he utilized what Kyrie did best, just as he tried to utilize what Wade did best.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Itís obvious he needs help. Itís obvious he needs less help than anyone in history.

lmaoooo, exactly

Hakeem Olajuwon, anyone? Dirk Nowitzki?

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 10:53 AM

You want some rational debate? Let's do it. Let's hear you make an actual legitimate case for Curry over Lebron. Because I've gone through every page of this thread, and I've yet to see you make a single legitimate point for Curry over Lebron. You're just trolling, nitpicking and criticizing every little point for posters making statements in favor of Lebron.

But I'm right here if you want to actually have a discussion about this, chief. Let's hear your case for Curry over Lebron.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Just put them on ignore. What's the point. You can't even be respectful and logical with these people so I'm going to either troll or just flat-out ignore them.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 11:55 AM
You want some rational debate? Let's do it. Let's hear you make an actual legitimate case for Curry over Lebron. Because I've gone through every page of this thread, and I've yet to see you make a single legitimate point for Curry over Lebron. You're just trolling, nitpicking and criticizing every little point for posters making statements in favor of Lebron.

But I'm right here if you want to actually have a discussion about this, chief. Let's hear your case for Curry over Lebron.

Lmao @ you. I am not making that case. Remove your head from Bron's *** for just a moment and you can see that this thread devolved into many different tangents. The ****ing patheticness of some of you guys is off the charts.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Lmao @ you. I am not making that case. Remove your head from Bron's *** for just a moment and you can see that this thread devolved into many different tangents. The ****ing patheticness of some of you guys is off the charts.

Then if you're not going to make the case, just don't post in the thread. It's that simple. If all you're going to do is go around and nitpick at other posters' points, and you can't make a valid case yourself, then maybe considering just STFU and leaving it alone. Your trolling doesn't help matters at all, and then you have the nerve to call out people who are actually trying to make logical points and make ridiculous, insulting statements like "remove your head from Bron's ***."

Either grow up and let's talk basketball, or shut up and leave it alone. But you're acting like a clown, and you're better than that (or at least I used to think so).

tredigs
05-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Then if you're not going to make the case, just don't post in the thread. It's that simple. If all you're going to do is go around and nitpick at other posters' points, and you can't make a valid case yourself, then maybe considering just STFU and leaving it alone. Your trolling doesn't help matters at all, and then you have the nerve to call out people who are actually trying to make logical points and make ridiculous, insulting statements like "remove your head from Bron's ***."

Either grow up and let's talk basketball, or shut up and leave it alone. But you're acting like a clown, and you're better than that (or at least I used to think so).lmao stfu boss tone. At least try to know what you're talking about before you go running around playing thread police.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 12:46 PM
lmao stfu boss tone. At least try to know what you're talking about before you go running around playing thread police.

What does that even mean? You're just throwing out broad generalizations and claiming my head is up Lebron's "***" without actually responding to any basketball point I've made. It's pathetic, and you've become a caricature of yourself. It's like we lost lolplease and somehow you got 10 times worse as a means to replace his ridiculous antics.

I miss when you actually talked basketball. You let me know when you want to do that again.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 12:47 PM
lmao stfu boss tone. At least try to know what you're talking about before you go running around playing thread police.

Seriously?

He came to you respectfully asking you to actually post the argument, and this is the crap you send back?

Absolutely trolling.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 01:08 PM
I would not want to mess with Mighty as well. That's a baaaaad man.

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:12 PM
LeBron and it ain't even close. More clutch than Kobe and just as clutch if not more than Jordan. LeBron can do it all and his impact on the game surpasses that of Curry. All Curry is is a shooter point blank period. LeBron makes his teammates better and not to mention if he ain't scoring he impacts a game in other ways by passing and rebounding/blocks/steals what have you. LeBron is more of a scorer than Curry is and let me ask you how much of an impact has Steph really had on the game? Talk to me when he wins scoring titles or multiple MVPs or even when he wins more rings.

JLynn943
05-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Easily LeBron, and that's not a slight at Curry.

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Plus both play different positions LeBron being an SF and Curry at the 1 at PG...so is this really a debate?

SteBO
05-08-2018, 01:24 PM
LeBron is far too multi-facteted a player to pass over for anyone....imo.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Either grow up and let's talk basketball, or shut up and leave it alone. But you're acting like a clown, and you're better than that (or at least I used to think so).

Bro 90% of posts on this forum is people nitpicking other people's points...

europagnpilgrim
05-08-2018, 01:26 PM
This reminds me of the interview with E Monroe when asked who he would take Jordan or Lebron or Kobe or whoever

and his classic response was:

Wilt Chamberlain

that's my answer as well but on a serious note this is not even close on who you would draft to start your team, Bron can carry a team as he has showed with Finals trip with both caliber style rosters

Curry was kind of struck when the iron got hot type player and plus battled injuries but he wasn't day 1 franchise savior like Bron, that's where we part ways on this debate

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:27 PM
LeBron and it ain't even close. More clutch than Kobe and just as clutch if not more than Jordan. LeBron can do it all and his impact on the game surpasses that of Curry. All Curry is is a shooter point blank period. LeBron makes his teammates better and not to mention if he ain't scoring he impacts a game in other ways by passing and rebounding/blocks/steals what have you. LeBron is more of a scorer than Curry is and let me ask you how much of an impact has Steph really had on the game? Talk to me when he wins scoring titles or multiple MVPs or even when he wins more rings.

This is exactly what I did. I patiently waited for him to win multiple mvps (first unanimous in nba history, anyone?), and THEN I started talking to you :)

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Plus Curry he is not as multi faceted a player as LeBron is. Most of his game consists of 3 Point shooting or crossovers. Is Curry a passer? Rebounder? Scorer? LeBron has all of that hell he is a walking triple double every game practically. Not to mention it takes more than 1 guy just to D up on him. Even that doesn't make a difference because LeBron breaks up a team's defense like that without effort.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Bro 90% of posts on this forum is people nitpicking other people's points...

With actual basketball conversation?. Sure. And I'm actually willing to make points that relate to the meaning of the OP's thread. If someone starts a "Russell Westbrook or James Harden?" thread, I'm not just going to go around nitpicking and insulting the posters who prefer Westbrook. You can bet that I'm going to make a damn strong case for Harden.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:30 PM
This reminds me of the interview with E Monroe when asked who he would take Jordan or Lebron or Kobe or whoever

and his classic response was:

Wilt Chamberlain

that's my answer as well but on a serious note this is not even close on who you would draft to start your team, Bron can carry a team as he has showed with Finals trip with both caliber style rosters

Curry was kind of struck when the iron got hot type player and plus battled injuries but he wasn't day 1 franchise savior like Bron, that's where we part ways on this debate

One can do more with less, one can do more with more. In a team game, I'll take more with more, and then attempt to stack video game status, kinda like the real life Dubs :nod:

You think Lebrons stacked heat were better, or Curry's stacked warriors?

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Plus Curry he is not as multi faceted a player as LeBron is. Most of his game consists of 3 Point shooting or crossovers. Is Curry a passer? Rebounder? Scorer? LeBron has all of that hell he is a walking triple double every game practically. Not to mention it takes more than 1 guy just to D up on him. Even that doesn't make a difference because LeBron breaks up a team's defense like that without effort.

You're not appreciating what type of system we're allowed to run in golden state because of curry

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
With actual basketball conversation?. Sure. And I'm actually willing to make points that relate to the meaning of the OP's thread. If someone starts a "Russell Westbrook or James Harden?" thread, I'm not just going to go around nitpicking and insulting the posters who prefer Westbrook. You can bet that I'm going to make a damn strong case for Harden.

Well that's cuz you're an elite poster. Im talking bout most of us bums, nit pickers. Seemed random to go after just him for that..

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
You're not appreciating what type of system we're allowed to run in golden state because of curry

Forget the system and the teams for a second and let's look at this at the most basic level.

You're building an NBA team from scratch this afternoon, and your sole purpose is to win an NBA championship. You get the first pick. Who are you taking? Lebron or Curry. And if it's Curry, what is your justification for doing so?

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Forget the system and the teams for a second and let's look at this at the most basic level.

You're building an NBA team from scratch this afternoon, and your sole purpose is to win an NBA championship. You get the first pick. Who are you taking? Lebron or Curry. And if it's Curry, what is your justification for doing so?

I've answered this on like 8 sperate occasions in this thread. Just a few posts up, #138

You can't say forget the system, because that's where so much of Curry's value lies. I want him so I can run that system, have him play off the ball how he does, sending slashes all day while ball on perimeter, off ball screens all day, etc etc

The amount of motion and amount of space 4 players have to successfully run that motion is all predicated off of Curry's skill set

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Plus Curry has spent 9 years in the league vs LeBron's 15 years in the league. Not to mention LeBron his greatness is unparalleled. Curry he is great no question about that but he ain't as great as LeBron.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 01:42 PM
I've answered this on like 8 sperate occasions in this thread. Just a few posts up, #138

You can't say forget the system, because that's where so much of Curry's value lies. I want him so I can run that system, have him play off the ball how he does, sending slashes all day while ball on perimeter, off ball screens all day, etc etc

One can do more with less, one can do more with more. In a team game, I'll take more with more, and then attempt to stack video game status, kinda like the real life Dubs
But what the hell does that even mean? Quit speaking in riddles and just answer the question. Why do you think Stephen Curry is a better basketball player than Lebron James when every piece of legitimate evidence suggests the contrary?

Production? Lebron. Advanced numbers? Lebron. Postseason production? Definitely Lebron. History of clutchness? Lebron. Defense and overall versatility? Lebron. Shooting and floor spacing? Curry.

And that's not a means of demeaning Curry as a player. Just saying "Curry is a better shooter and that's it" is kind of an insult to who he is. The guy is ridiculous. He's like a robot created for the sole purpose of making ridiculous shots from insane distances way more consistently than any other athlete who has ever picked up a basketball. And that insane shot-making ability creates incredible space and opportunities for players around him.

But that being said, Lebron James is like a robot whose sole purpose was to do pretty much everything at an elite level and who somehow is an extra 10 percent better in the playoffs and big games when it matters most. He's just better. Period.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Plus Curry has spent 9 years in the league vs LeBron's 15 years in the league. Not to mention LeBron his greatness is unparalleled. Curry he is great no question about that but he ain't as great as LeBron.

I have yet to understand why people talk about players all time based on their years of service, rather than their ages.

Players decline, age, and reach their peaks based on their ages, not their years of service. And their decline happens based on their physical ages. Not how long they've been around.

It's not like every player gets to play 16 years or something, so that's the barometer.

No other sports fans do this. I have no idea why you guys do in basketball. You'd be laughed at for talking about a baseball players years of service.

It's age.

Curry is in his age 29 season. LeBron is in his age 33 season.

They are 4 years apart, not 6.

Just always bugged me that people talk about years of service instead of ages.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
I would not want to mess with Mighty as well. That's a baaaaad man.

Boss made a perfectly respectful post, and he got yelling and screaming and a tantrum back.

It's a joke.

SteBO
05-08-2018, 01:48 PM
I think nastynices point is that Curryís natural skill set allows for a system conducive to long term winning, so when talking about who youíd take if you started a team from scratch heíd take Steph for that reason.

His point isnít absurd, but LeBron has sustained a level of excellence thatís unparalleled in the NBAís history. And so much goes into winning in this league, that attributing it all to Steph is kinda out there. Steph is great, but heís no LeBron.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:48 PM
But what the hell does that even mean? Quit speaking in riddles and just answer the question. Why do you think Stephen Curry is a better basketball player than Lebron James when every piece of legitimate evidence suggests the contrary?

Production? Lebron. Advanced numbers? Lebron. Postseason production? Definitely Lebron. History of clutchness? Lebron. Defense and overall versatility? Lebron. Shooting and floor spacing? Curry.

And that's not a means of demeaning Curry as a player. Just saying "Curry is a better shooter and that's it" is kind of an insult to who he is. The guy is ridiculous. He's like a robot created for the sole purpose of making ridiculous shots from insane distances way more consistently than any other athlete who has ever picked up a basketball. And that insane shot-making ability creates incredible space and opportunities for players around him.

But that being said, Lebron James is like a robot whose sole purpose was to do pretty much everything at an elite level and who somehow is an extra 10 percent better in the playoffs and big games when it matters most. He's just better. Period.

I never said Curry is a better player, or has a better legacy, or any of that. I said if I'm starting a team, gimme curry, cuz I want rings.

He lead a team to 73 wins with what, an 11th pick, a second rounder, a consensus bust in bogut. That's impressive,amd it's all because of what curry allows us to do. Then we added one more ingredient, our one legitimate prodigy type talent, and now became the same thing except for the playoffs, not reg season

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Either way in every category LeBron pretty much trumps Curry except spacing and 3 Point shooting but that's about it

Tg11
05-08-2018, 01:51 PM
If I am starting a squad today then Bron without question would be my #1 pick over Curry

mightybosstone

The amount of motion and amount of space 4 players have to successfully run that motion is all predicated off of Curry's skill set

But that system is also incredibly dependent on having a ton of guys on the floor who can shoot. If Curry is the main floor spacer and he's surrounded by Mediocre shooters so that all of the perimeter attention is drawn to him, then his impact would be substantially lessened. Also, he's not a guy who can have a huge impact on the floor if he's not shooting especially well. If he has a 1-10 3-point shooting night, his teams aren't likely going to be especially successful when he's on the floor.

You could pretty much put any four competent players around Lebron and he'd be successful, and he doesn't even need to shoot the ball well. Because he doesn't need other players around him to be great to have an impact and he doesn't rely too heavily on any one skill. This postseason is the perfect example. His No. 2 (Love) has been atrocious through most of the postseason, and it hasn't mattered. That's not to say he hasn't been this successful and gone to the Finals seven straight years without the help of teammates. But Lebron could still be productive and have a level of success. And his numbers are off the charts despite shooting 29 percent from the 3-point line.

Suppose Curry shot 29 percent from the 3-point line and got mediocre production from his teammates over the course of a playoff series. Could his production be as impressive as Lebron's? Do you think his teams would be as successful as Lebron's has been? I think you know the answer to both of these questions.

Jeffy25

I respect that.

But you have a few issues:

1. Curry isn't nearly as durable as LeBron, who basically appears immortal
2. You can likely build a similar offensive system with LeBron, but LeBron will at least lock up the opponents best offensive player, you won't get that from Curry.

Offensively, you'll probably score a little more with Curry. But he'll miss games and the defense will be much worse.

I think you can put the same 4 guys around each player, and you'll see a slightly better point differential from Bron's squad.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Boss made a perfectly respectful post, and he got yelling and screaming and a tantrum back.

It's a joke.

No, boss picked him out of the hundred posters on here because that's his way of tryina take jabs. Tre jabbed back. Happens all the time on this forum

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 01:55 PM
I never said Curry is a better player, or has a better legacy, or any of that. I said if I'm starting a team, gimme curry, cuz I want rings.

He lead a team to 73 wins with what, an 11th pick, a second rounder, a consensus bust in bogut. That's impressive,amd it's all because of what curry allows us to do. Then we added one more ingredient, our one legitimate prodigy type talent, and now became the same thing except for the playoffs, not reg season

Where a player was drafted has literally no bearing on how successful they can be in the NBA. Hell, Curry is a perfect example. The guy was drafted 7th behind guys like Hasheem Thabeet and Johnny Flynn. And I'm pretty sure during the Spurs last two decades of success, nobody gave a crap that Parker was barely a first round pick or that Ginobili barely got drafted at all.

Quit trying to downplay how good his teammates have been. Thompson and Green, while not really superstars, are unquestionably going to be Hall of Famers when they retire.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 01:57 PM
No, boss picked him out of the hundred posters on here because that's his way of tryina take jabs. Tre jabbed back. Happens all the time on this forum

No. I picked him because he's going out of his way to target posts in favor of Lebron while providing zero legitimate arguments in favor of Curry. I would do that with anybody on PSD. If you're willing to criticize others for their opinions, then you should be able to produce a legitimate opinion of your own on the topic.

nastynice
But that system is also incredibly dependent on having a ton of guys on the floor who can shoot. If Curry is the main floor spacer and he's surrounded by Mediocre shooters so that all of the perimeter attention is drawn to him, then his impact would be substantially lessened. Also, he's not a guy who can have a huge impact on the floor if he's not shooting especially well. If he has a 1-10 3-point shooting night, his teams aren't likely going to be especially successful when he's on the floor.

You could pretty much put any four competent players around Lebron and he'd be successful, and he doesn't even need to shoot the ball well. Because he doesn't need other players around him to be great to have an impact and he doesn't rely too heavily on any one skill. This postseason is the perfect example. His No. 2 (Love) has been atrocious through most of the postseason, and it hasn't mattered. That's not to say he hasn't been this successful and gone to the Finals seven straight years without the help of teammates. But Lebron could still be productive and have a level of success. And his numbers are off the charts despite shooting 29 percent from the 3-point line.

Suppose Curry shot 29 percent from the 3-point line and got mediocre production from his teammates over the course of a playoff series. Could his production be as impressive as Lebron's? Do you think his teams would be as successful as Lebron's has been? I think you know the answer to both of these questions.

Curry can absutely have an off shooting night and still play a major role in our successful offense, what are you talking about? The looks he gets for teammates simply by being on the court without the ball is leagues ahead of Lebron. Your comment shows a bad understanding of our team.

I understand lebron can carry scrubs, but I see no value in that. Again, the goal is rings

Jeffy25

I agree with you that Curry needs others to produce too, especially from other floor spacers. And that LeBron can have a bad game, and still carry his team to a win with the rebounds, assists, and defense. Curry never could.

But Curry is also way less likely to have that 29% shooting than Bron.

And Curry having a bad shooting night is usually just a bad shooting night.

Yes, Curry makes insane shots like the robot you described. He also creates a lot of those shots for himself. He isn't relying on team mates to find him open. He can dribble and sway in directions, find 2 feet of headroom, and drain a 28 footer. It's insanity. And those 3's really rack up throughout a game.

That said, if I put both players with 4 role players. Bron's squad is going to be better.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Curry can absutely have an off shooting night and still play a major role in our successful offense, what are you talking about? The looks he gets for teammates simply by being on the court without the ball is leagues ahead of Lebron. Your comment shows a bad understanding of our team.

I understand lebron can carry scrubs, but I see no value in that. Again, the goal is rings

I mean, if you aren't going to give each player the same talent around each other, then it's not even a discussion. It's 1 v 5.

I would presume this hypothetical to be about equal talent around each other.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:00 PM
I respect that.

But you have a few issues:

1. Curry isn't nearly as durable as LeBron, who basically appears immortal
2. You can likely build a similar offensive system with LeBron, but LeBron will at least lock up the opponents best offensive player, you won't get that from Curry.

Offensively, you'll probably score a little more with Curry. But he'll miss games and the defense will be much worse.

I think you can put the same 4 guys around each player, and you'll see a slightly better point differential from Bron's squad.

1. Ok
2. You cannot build a similar system around lebron, it would not be nearly as successful. You guys really don't get how we play in golden state, do you?

Question, take curry off of today's warriors and insert lebron. Lebrons team is better or worse than Curry's?

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 02:04 PM

The Warriors this year, are 9-6 when Curry doesn't shoot 35% from 3, and are 14-1 when he shoots 50% or better

He can be lights out. But that is a huge factor, and expresses how great his team is around him.

Curry played 50 games this year. 30% of them he shot 50% or better, and those are pretty much automatic wins. And in 30% he shot less than 35%, and in those games, his team is a little over .500.

This says way more about Curry's team mates than him.

I find this more interesting though

When Curry takes at least 10 3's per night, the Warriors were 24-4

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Where a player was drafted has literally no bearing on how successful they can be in the NBA. Hell, Curry is a perfect example. The guy was drafted 7th behind guys like Hasheem Thabeet and Johnny Flynn. And I'm pretty sure during the Spurs last two decades of success, nobody gave a crap that Parker was barely a first round pick or that Ginobili barely got drafted at all.

Quit trying to downplay how good his teammates have been. Thompson and Green, while not really superstars, are unquestionably going to be Hall of Famers when they retire.

Draft position gives us a good idea of the raw talent. Obviously players grow and learn and some turn bust, but it's still a good measure for that.

Surround curry with no namers and look at them turn into household names. Surround lebron with stars and watch them play like no namers (obviously exaggerated). Why is this the case?

You remember how much everyone laughed at the Klay and Draymond signings, and now you got them locked to be in the hall of fame. Think about it

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 02:06 PM
1. Ok
Well if you want rings, the guys being on the court is a pretty huge factor. LeBron can be chasing down a ring while Curry is nursing something.

2. You cannot build a similar system around lebron, it would not be nearly as successful. You guys really don't get how we play in golden state, do you?
I've watched a ton of their games. Curry requires more attention from further away. LeBron bulldozes anyone when they even bother him.

Question, take curry off of today's warriors and insert lebron. Lebrons team is better or worse than Curry's?
Probably about the same/slightly worse

Same question. Do that to the Cavs.

That Cavs team is a first or second round exit at best, they would be significantly worse.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:08 PM
I mean, if you aren't going to give each player the same talent around each other, then it's not even a discussion. It's 1 v 5.

I would presume this hypothetical to be about equal talent around each other.

Yes, and in my hypothetical I'm trying to surround my main guy with the best talent I can, and that's a situation that favors curry more than lebron

TylerSL
05-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Lebron has 3 rings, Curry 2.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Well if you want rings, the guys being on the court is a pretty huge factor. LeBron can be chasing down a ring while Curry is nursing something.

I've watched a ton of their games. Curry requires more attention from further away. LeBron bulldozes anyone when they even bother him.

Probably about the same/slightly worse

Same question. Do that to the Cavs.

That Cavs team is a first or second round exit at best, they would be significantly worse.

Sorry, not the same. Not at all

Just not even close. This is a well oiled machine here in gs. We don't need guys coming here and catering to our star, if anything our star caters to them.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Lebron has 3 rings, Curry 2.

How many years in the league each? Even some down time early for curry w ankle issues

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:14 PM
But that system is also incredibly dependent on having a ton of guys on the floor who can shoot. s.

No, you're thinking of the rockets. We have two more elite 3 pt shooters, yes, what else do we have special beyond the arc? Nick Young? Is he that diff from Jr Smith?

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Just not even close. This is a well oiled machine here in gs. We don't need guys coming here and catering to our star, if anything our star caters to them.

It sounds like you want everyone to applaud how great the Warriors are, and have changed to a different discussion.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Draft position gives us a good idea of the raw talent. Obviously players grow and learn and some turn bust, but it's still a good measure for that.
The draft is a crapshoot. There are probably as many busts who were No. 1 picks as there are All-Stars.

Surround curry with no namers and look at them turn into household names. Surround lebron with stars and watch them play like no namers (obviously exaggerated). Why is this the case?
Kyrie got better playing around Lebron. Bosh's production dropped, but he became a much more well-rounded player. And Wade's dropoff had literally zero to do with Lebron and everything to do with injuries and his own personal decline. Love, frankly, was just a good stats, bad team guy in Minnesota.

Also, you know what those guys have in common? They won titles because they joined Lebron James. Also, let's not overstate Curry's impact on Green and Thompson. They weren't no-named veterans joining the team. They were rookies, so that's kind of a given that they didn't have much of a following coming into the league.

You remember how much everyone laughed at the Klay and Draymond signings, and now you got them locked to be in the hall of fame. Think about it
No. I don't remember that at all, actually. I remember thinking Thompson was going to be a really scary shooter at the NBA level when he was drafted and too many teams were sleeping on Green (I wanted the Rockets to get him), who was a proven winner at Michigan State. As for their signings later on, I thought the Warriors were extremely lucky to get Draymond at the price they did. Thompson's signing felt like a slight overpay, but given what happened with the cap and market, that's a steal in today's NBA.

I get what you're doing, but it's not working. You can downplay the impact of Green and Thompson all you want, but they're damn good basketball players. And I can guarantee you Lebron would welcome those guys with open arms right about now. I don't think Curry would want to switch supporting casts with Lebron, or with really any other team in the NBA, for that matter.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 02:33 PM

If Curry has an off shooting night, his impact on the Warriors is going to be pretty negligible, and the team is going to struggle more when he's on the floor unless Durant, Thompson and Co. seriously step up their games. I can use this last series as a perfect example.

In Game 2, the guy shot lights out and they were something ridiculous like a +26 when he was on the floor. Game 3, he struggled and shot like 3-9 from the 3-point line and scored only 19 points on 19 shots. They got blown out. In Game 4, he shoots slightly better (4-9 from the 3-point line and scores 23 points on 17 shots) and they win again easily.

He's not getting a ton of assists in these games, getting to the foul line, hitting the glass or playing great defense. So if he doesn't shoot well, his impact isn't going to be felt at nearly the same level, although he certainly provides spacing for others when he's on the floor.

Now let's look at Lebron's worst recent shooting night. In Game 1, he's an atrocious 12-30 from the floor for only 26 points. But his team is +5 when he's on the floor, and they win the game. How? The guy put up 13 assists and 11 boards with 2 blocks and a steal. He also hit the game-tying shot with 30 seconds left and assisted on two 3-pointers in OT.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:35 PM
The draft is a crapshoot. There are probably as many busts who were No. 1 picks as there are All-Stars.

Kyrie got better playing around Lebron. Bosh's production dropped, but he became a much more well-rounded player. And Wade's dropoff had literally zero to do with Lebron and everything to do with injuries and his own personal decline. Love, frankly, was just a good stats, bad team guy in Minnesota.

Also, you know what those guys have in common? They won titles because they joined Lebron James. Also, let's not overstate Curry's impact on Green and Thompson. They weren't no-named veterans joining the team. They were rookies, so that's kind of a given that they didn't have much of a following coming into the league.

No. I don't remember that at all, actually. I remember thinking Thompson was going to be a really scary shooter at the NBA level when he was drafted and too many teams were sleeping on Green (I wanted the Rockets to get him), who was a proven winner at Michigan State. As for their signings later on, I thought the Warriors were extremely lucky to get Draymond at the price they did. Thompson's signing felt like a slight overpay, but given what happened with the cap and market, that's a steal in today's NBA.

I get what you're doing, but it's not working. You can downplay the impact of Green and Thompson all you want, but they're damn good basketball players. And I can guarantee you Lebron would welcome those guys with open arms right about now. I don't think Curry would want to switch supporting casts with Lebron, or with really any other team in the NBA, for that matter.

Number one picks are a Crap shoot sure, but you think teams at 1 are going to swap picks with teams at 11?clear diff in raw talent top 4 pick vs second rounder

You have an excuse for every star around lebron (Wades is understandable) except kyrie, who as you mentioned (with Klay and dray) was a young player developing anyways

If you don't remember it then you can go back and find that thread, and tell me what the overwhelming majority of posters were saying. I remember it, that's why I'm telling you

I'm not downplaying Klay and Draymond, did you forget at the very beginning me saying he does more WITH MORE? don't try and change my argument and then attack that modified argument you made up

blams
05-08-2018, 02:47 PM
1. Ok

Easiest question ever. Better.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 02:51 PM

lol, oh my god

There's no hope :facepalm:

Shaq was the 3peat Lakers best player, we all agree, right? Question number 2. What's a better team, 3 peat Lakers as constructed, or 14 Shaqs?

Vee-Rex
05-08-2018, 03:36 PM
lol, oh my god

There's no hope :facepalm:

Shaq was the 3peat Lakers best player, we all agree, right? Question number 2. What's a better team, 3 peat Lakers as constructed, or 14 Shaqs?

Easiest question ever. 14 Shaqs.

TylerSL
05-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Anyone who even says Curry has lost my respect going in. Lebron does so much more it's not even a debatable question. A person may enjoy Curry's play style better, and appreciate the fact that the Warriors are such an all time great team and Curry is the engine of that, but you can't say he's better than Lebron.

Lebron James is the only player in NBA Finals history to lead his team in all five major categories (points, rebounds, assits, blocks, steals). Lebron is shooting a career .504 from the floor (Curry is.477). Lebron is the only player with 30,000 points, 8,000 rebounds, 8000 assists. Lebron is averaging better than 27/7/7 for a career (Curry averages a career 23/7/4) Lebron is a four time MVP and should be a five time MVP (Rose's in 2011 should have gone to Lebron), and this season will be his 13 consecutive season he's finished in the top 5 in MVP voting (Curry was 6th in MVP voting just last season).

And if that is still not somehow enough to convince a person that he's better than Curry, here are their head-to-head stats.

Regular Season
Lebron: 6-6 record, 38.7 min, 29.3 pts, 6.3 asts, 7.9 rbs, 1.5 stls. 1.5 blks, on .518/.322/.681 shooting.
Curry: 6-6 record, 36.5 min, 21.2 pts, 6.9 asts, 4.0 rbs, 2.0 stls, 0.1 blks, on .492/.464/.867 shooting.

Playoffs
Lebron: 7-11 record, 43.3 min, 32.8 pts, 9.2 asts, 12.2 rbs, 1.8 stls, 1.3 blks, on .472/.352/.687 shooting
Curry: 11-7 record, 38.3 min, 24.9 pts, 6.2 asts, 5.2 rbs, 1.6 stls, 0.3 blks, on .427/.392/.903 shooting

Total
Lebron: 13-17 record, 41.4 min, 31.4 pts, 8.0 asts, 10.5 rbs, 1.7 stls, 1.4 blks, on .488/.341/.685 shooting
Curry: 17-13 record 37.5 min, 23.4 pts, 6.8 asts, 5.1 rbs, 1.7 stls, 0.2 blks, on .450/.405/.891 shooting

Lebron has clearly outperformed Curry when the two have gone head-to-head and the gap has only widened in the playoffs (Finals). Lebron is far ahead of Curry and to even try and say otherwise instantly proves that you have no idea.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Seriously?

He came to you respectfully asking you to actually post the argument, and this is the crap you send back?

Absolutely trolling.

What the hell are you talking about? He came at me in this big tough guy shtick. The problem is I was responding to an entirely different discussion going on here. Then he tells me to stay on topic or shut up.

Yeah, that's me trolling. Good talk buddy.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Pretty sure nobody here argued Curry is the superior player right now, although you could definitely argue it's easier to build a dominant team around him (and have it last without any internal conflict).

Player wise the only time you saw the debate go on was in 2016 prior to him getting hurt. But even after the playoffs that year everyone was back on Bron.

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 03:53 PM
What the hell are you talking about? He came at me in this big tough guy shtick. The problem is I was responding to an entirely different discussion going on here. Then he tells me to stay on topic or shut up.

Yeah, that's me trolling. Good talk buddy.

No, he absolutely did not.

That's what he said.

He was respectful, and you were incredibly rude and short sighted.

No wonder they call you a troll, there is nothing else going on here except trolling.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 03:56 PM

Dammit v Rex, stop messin up my flow!

Jeffy25
05-08-2018, 03:56 PM
If Curry has an off shooting night, his impact on the Warriors is going to be pretty negligible, and the team is going to struggle more when he's on the floor unless Durant, Thompson and Co. seriously step up their games. I can use this last series as a perfect example.

In Game 2, the guy shot lights out and they were something ridiculous like a +26 when he was on the floor. Game 3, he struggled and shot like 3-9 from the 3-point line and scored only 19 points on 19 shots. They got blown out. In Game 4, he shoots slightly better (4-9 from the 3-point line and scores 23 points on 17 shots) and they win again easily.

He's not getting a ton of assists in these games, getting to the foul line, hitting the glass or playing great defense. So if he doesn't shoot well, his impact isn't going to be felt at nearly the same level, although he certainly provides spacing for others when he's on the floor.

Now let's look at Lebron's worst recent shooting night. In Game 1, he's an atrocious 12-30 from the floor for only 26 points. But his team is +5 when he's on the floor, and they win the game. How? The guy put up 13 assists and 11 boards with 2 blocks and a steal. He also hit the game-tying shot with 30 seconds left and assisted on two 3-pointers in OT.

And when Curry goes 6/19 against the Pelicans, they are a -12 with him on the court and he had 2 assists.

Curry can win you the game or lose you the game. LeBron won't ever cost you the game.

Vallejo Raiders
05-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Bron is the better player overall. But the Warriors system is far more superior to Bron ball.

tredigs
05-08-2018, 04:10 PM
No, he absolutely did not.

That's what he said.

He was respectful, and you were incredibly rude and short sighted.

No wonder they call you a troll, there is nothing else going on here except trolling.
Lol, that is a combative tone and a comment to me out of nowhere. You're conveniently omitting the post where he tells me to stay on topic or shut up. All of that derailing started by him for no reason. And now you're picking up the hall monitor shtick and further derailing. STFU. Better yet, stick to the baseball forum and lurk more here. You offer zero insight.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Lol. When asked to provide an argument, he accuses you of being a bully yet, his presence on this forum the past few years (coincidentally aligned with the Warriors becoming a better team) has been bullying others with his Superman ego-like tone. Just chalk it up to: I really don't know how Curry is better than LeBron but I really like Curry so I will just say Curry. There is no argument. If you honestly can sit there and say Curry is better than LeBron, you have a perspective of basketball that needs correcting.

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Lol, that is a combative tone and a comment to me out of nowhere. You're conveniently omitting the post where he tells me to stay on topic or shut up. All of that derailing started by him for no reason. And now you're picking up the hall monitor shtick and further derailing. STFU. Better yet, stick to the baseball forum and lurk more here. You offer zero insight.

I wasn't disrespectful to you in that first post at all, though. I was just seeking some actual legitimate basketball conversation and debate from you. Was it combative? Sure. But certainly not disrespectful. If you recall, I didn't drop the suggestion that you "STFU" until you suggested I had my head up Lebron's bum and called me "pathetic."

Insulting other is kind of the only thing you do well on PSD, though, so I don't know why I was surprised. And, frankly, that's kind of on me for resorting to your level.

Vinylman
05-08-2018, 06:01 PM
People can't really be talking about this for 13 pages ... its not even a question

swap LeBron and Curry the year Cleveland beat GS and the Cavs wouldn't win a game...

/thread

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 06:11 PM
If you swap lebron and curry the cavs lose to the celtics/sixers/raptors/pacers/wizards in less than 7 games.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 06:19 PM
If you swap lebron and curry the cavs lose to the celtics/sixers/raptors/pacers/wizards in less than 7 games.

In 2015 we had one star in curry and maybe one in iggy, ran thru the west. You think the pathetic *** east is stopping this guy?

No competent gm constructs the cavs as is around curry. Weak argument

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Bro you're shook and just reaching all over the place. It's embarrassing. Get it together.

You just said nothing. Good boy.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 06:25 PM
In 2015 we had one star in curry and maybe one in iggy, ran thru the west. You think the pathetic *** east is stopping this guy?

That team with curry is so far better than this cavs team with curry and without bron its disgusting... Really sit down and take out the hate and look at the teams... Curry got exposed with all defensive players around him just imagine him on this team with kevin ****ing love as his center lolololol.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:25 PM
you are assuming of course that Lebron needs that. right? look at the way Lebron is playing this post-season taking all the big shots even when everyone in the building knows that he is the man taking it. And consider the fact that the numbers already showed him to be the best in the clutch. what if Lebron is just much more aware of how to function as part of a team and utilize other peoples skillsets than you seem to think? i mean, did he need Kyrie? or does it now look more like he utilized what Kyrie did best, just as he tried to utilize what Wade did best.

Tre canít respond to this with sense, Iím sorry, if Bron is mentioned, donít try.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:26 PM

Lol, heís cornered and ready to bite.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Lol, heís cornered and ready to bite. Wtf are u in here then? To hate? Sad soul.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:29 PM

Damn Tre I have no idea what point u are making or trying to make. You chasing ur f-I gotta tail. Do u have anything of substance. U are a joke right now

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:30 PM
What does that even mean? You're just throwing out broad generalizations and claiming my head is up Lebron's "***" without actually responding to any basketball point I've made. It's pathetic, and you've become a caricature of yourself. It's like we lost lolplease and somehow you got 10 times worse as a means to replace his ridiculous antics.

I miss when you actually talked basketball. You let me know when you want to do that again.

Me too. Heís like the Raptors, Bron owns his mind, so he told u to take Brons head out because Bron is constantly mind banging him

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 06:38 PM

It's a joke.

Iím not joking about Treís hate for Lebron. Iíve had long debates. And for a smart person to say the things he does...some people hate Bron because of there own inferiority. I mean Bron has it all. Some hate that. Think Tre is of that ilk.

TylerSL
05-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Curry, to this point, has routinely performed worse (less efficient) in the playoffs than in the regular season. That is a statistical fact.

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 06:51 PM
I'll take the player that forced a 73-win team to add the second best player in the leauge just to compete.

Utterly false. And factually irresponsible.

No one forced GS to d bring in KD. Durant wanted to come here and the Warriors wanted him here. They didnít want to pay Harrison Barnes 150M to be not as good as Kevin Durant lol.

And when you mention ďjust to competeĒ are your trolling or really that spiteful?

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Lebron but I do wish we could see curry pushed and really get to see what he is made of tbh, I think he would surprise some who see him lesser than Durante etc.

Heís been pushed are you kidding me! Dude had one of the all time great playoffs in their first championship. And one of the best seasons ever back to back

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Utterly false. And factually irresponsible.

No one forced GS to d bring in KD. Durant wanted to come here and the Warriors wanted him here. They didnít want to pay Harrison Barnes 150M to be not as good as Kevin Durant lol.

And when you mention ďjust to competeĒ are your trolling or really that spiteful?

So the warriors and curry and them werent asking durant all year than when they lost took durant out to dinner basically because they know any shot they had against lebron was 4 top 15 players in the league... Stop.

mngopher35
05-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Heís been pushed are you kidding me! Dude had one of the all time great playoffs in their first championship. And one of the best seasons ever back to back

The first title they played Cleveland minus Klove and mostly without Kyrie in order to win. That year he also dropped off in a decent way from the RS (although still a great run I agree, it wasn't epic individually or anything).

In a general sense Curry being pushed would mean this GS team needs him night in and night out to wins games and compete. They are winning playoff games without him instead though like it's nothing (no one worried that he would miss time, we all knew the outcome anyways given that roster). Curry is a great player and someone I think may end up getting underrated over time because he just isn't needed to go insane on a nightly basis the same way some other greats had to. It doesn't take away from his ability I just wish I got to see more tbh

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 07:01 PM

did lebron ever lose a finals mvp when his team won? Hell lebron should have been finals MVP on some of his teams losses lololol

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Exactly. They would beat the dog ish out of Houston if u were to switch Curry and Bron right now. Lolololol

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Omg. That was by far the easiest question ever. Imagine seeing 14 prime Shaqís get off the bus

hpt
05-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Exactly. Even without Curry, GS is very good. A Lebronless Cavs team on the other hand...

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 08:35 PM
So the warriors and curry and them werent asking durant all year than when they lost took durant out to dinner basically because they know any shot they had against lebron was 4 top 15 players in the league... Stop.

They didnít need Durant. Your assumption is based on incomplete information. The Warriors got railroaded by the league when the league suspended Draymond Green. Steph Curry was hurt, and they needed a SF to replace Barnes. (He was under performing) and was going to command well over a 100 million dollars lol. Anyone in the right mind would want Durant in their team.

Regardless though they still wouldíve won the next year barring injuries and setback.

Itís a luxury when your organization is 1st class, and the guys on the team play team first basketball. Having Durant was far from a necessity like you and others make it out to be

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 08:38 PM
The first title they played Cleveland minus Klove and mostly without Kyrie in order to win. That year he also dropped off in a decent way from the RS (although still a great run I agree, it wasn't epic individually or anything).

In a general sense Curry being pushed would mean this GS team needs him night in and night out to wins games and compete. They are winning playoff games without him instead though like it's nothing (no one worried that he would miss time, we all knew the outcome anyways given that roster). Curry is a great player and someone I think may end up getting underrated over time because he just isn't needed to go insane on a nightly basis the same way some other greats had to. It doesn't take away from his ability I just wish I got to see more tbh

I truly think youíre using revisionist history. Though i agree that we are missing out on seeing more great moments by Steph since Durant got here. Curry has improved every year since being in the NBA and itís been fun to watch about 95% of his games since he got to the league. So on that point, I agree.

Curry had multiple (more than 2) game winning saving plays during the first title run to get them to the number 1 seed. Going into that season they werenít even the favorites nor did anyone think theyíd win a championship. Just the year before they were bounced out of the 1st round. And yes Curry had an epic season and playoff. He underperformed in the finals, but heís definitely needed to win basketball games (as their leading scorer)

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 08:45 PM
did lebron ever lose a finals mvp when his team won? Hell lebron should have been finals MVP on some of his teams losses lololol

I see your point, but itís not justified. Curry didnít ďloseĒ anything. Finals MVP is more than being the best player which Iggy is not.

Andre neutralized Lebron and made a lot of key plays that were outside of his original scope of play. They couldíve easily given the MVP to Steph, Draymond Or Iggy. (Losing a series should prevent any player from being MVP lol) your point is noted but makes zero sense. The Cavs lost. There is no value in that.

BKLYNpigeon
05-08-2018, 09:00 PM
after the NBA Finals.

Curry > Lebron

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I thought Philly fans have gotten annoying. They are angels compared to Warriors fans. Sheesh.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 09:34 PM
That team with curry is so far better than this cavs team with curry and without bron its disgusting... Really sit down and take out the hate and look at the teams... Curry got exposed with all defensive players around him just imagine him on this team with kevin ****ing love as his center lolololol.

Like I said, no competent gm builds THIS Cavs team around curry. Using this specific team is meaningless

Like I said, generally speaking, we saw curry go thru the west with some very good up and comers, far from the star studded roster of today, so generally speaking those east teams youíre bringing up are far worse than the west teams he went thru

And what you mean hate? The only way someone would choose curry to start a team is out of hate? Ridiculous, regardless if you agree with me or not Iíve laid out a very competent argument to back up my choice.

Hate is what you have for d Mitchell, not me saying Iíd take curry to start a team. Thatís a simply me valuing his skill set and itís effect on his teammates and the fact he can mesh perfectly with dominant players, something you canít say the same about lebron

nastynice
05-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Curry, to this point, has routinely performed worse (less efficient) in the playoffs than in the regular season. That is a statistical fact.
He also played injured in the playoffs, whereas in the reg season he woulda sat

nastynice
05-08-2018, 09:40 PM

Again, if 2011 finals lebron plays to the same level as 2015 finals curry, heat get a chip and wade is fmvp

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:42 PM

I agree

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Again, if 2011 finals lebron plays to the same level as 2015 finals curry, heat get a chip and wade is fmvp

Playing hurt means absolutely nothing in this "Want it now, immediate gratification" culture of 2018. Curry was playing at about 60% which was still better than almost everyone on the floor.

Curry showed a lot of heart that year, and wouldve won b2b championships if Bogut and Iggy also didn't get hurt (usualy forgotten by casual NBA observers), and Draymond wasnt suspended.

IKnowHoops
05-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Like I said, no competent gm builds THIS Cavs team around curry. Using this specific team is meaningless

Like I said, generally speaking, we saw curry go thru the west with some very good up and comers, far from the star studded roster of today, so generally speaking those east teams youíre bringing up are far worse than the west teams he went thru

And what you mean hate? The only way someone would choose curry to start a team is out of hate? Ridiculous, regardless if you agree with me or not Iíve laid out a very competent argument to back up my choice.

Hate is what you have for d Mitchell, not me saying Iíd take curry to start a team. Thatís a simply me valuing his skill set and itís effect on his teammates and the fact he can mesh perfectly with dominant players, something you canít say the same about lebron

So your saying that if Curry was on Cleveland, we would not recognize his greatness.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 09:54 PM
So your saying that if Curry was on Cleveland, we would not recognize his greatness.

Im saying that Cleveland is not a team that allows curry to showcase his true effect on the floor. Itís a sensless example to use for hypothetical arguments

nastynice
05-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Playing hurt means absolutely nothing in this "Want it now, immediate gratification" culture of 2018. Curry was playing at about 60% which was still better than almost everyone on the floor.

Curry showed a lot of heart that year, and wouldve won b2b championships if Bogut and Iggy also didn't get hurt (usualy forgotten by casual NBA observers), and Draymond wasnt suspended.

All while not having his first step

COOLbeans
05-08-2018, 10:04 PM
All while not having his first step

Dude could hardly jump much less get past an elite NBA athlete. And yet they still judge him based on that series. Sad!

TylerSL
05-08-2018, 10:45 PM
He also played injured in the playoffs, whereas in the reg season he woulda sat

You have no argument to the idea that Curry is better. You just like him better, or you are a huge Warriors fan who doesn't watch any basketball except Warriors games. See my post on page 12, there is no argument for that.

europagnpilgrim
05-08-2018, 11:17 PM

If Lebron would have played to his level as he did first 3 rounds of 11' postseason then he would have surpassed Jordan by now according to the way his fanatics react now with that 16' title, if he played to that level Wade would not have won fmvp, possibly co mvp but I feel it would have went to Bron just based on how free agency and the season played out, Bron played lights out first 3 rounds and played crunchtime lockdown d on Rose

europagnpilgrim
05-08-2018, 11:31 PM
You have no argument to the idea that Curry is better. You just like him better, or you are a huge Warriors fan who doesn't watch any basketball except Warriors games. See my post on page 12, there is no argument for that.

exactly

nobody in their right nba mind would draft 2003 Bron after 2009 Curry, now warriors fanatics no doubt would draft back to back mvp Curry chicken over Hulk Bron, and then I would laugh at that as well since Bron still has 4 and many other seasons where it could have actually went to him, especially 11' and possibly earlier in his career and of course in the past 6yrs he could have had a couple more, so 2 to actually 4 and possibly could have been 7 mvps is plenty enough

plus like I state on here we need to stop comparing franchise saviors vs. good players

Curry is ranked higher in this 3pt era because of being the best 3pt shooter off the bounce in history along with C Jackson, its plenty of pure shooters who can shoot just as good spot up feet set and body squared, Korver, Kerr, Ellis, Curry dad, R Allen, Bird, Miller, Legler, Hodges, Paxson, KD, Price, Hornacek etc.,but Curry / C Jackson and to a smaller degree The Answer can do it off the bounce with range along with Jordan / Richmond / Bron / Kobe etc can do it off the bounce as well

I don't even know why this thread was even created

this is the type of threads reminds me of agents in action trying to muddy the waters, when its clear as day who is the superior dominant player

we are comparing a possible mt. rushmore player to a player who came out of nowhere and struck while the iron got hot and kept it hot with the addition of KD

the question is would Curry ever win another title had not they got the Hampton 5 together, Bron already showed he was too much by watching the 15' Finals, Green messed up the retribution for Curry in 16' and KD redeemed him the following year, Curry wasn't no slouch but its clear as day he got the clear edge after KD

I wouldn't have a problem if someone drafted Curry before Bron, just means I would get the more dominant overall player, **** happens, just look at Leaf over Manning, not saying Curry is Leaf but **** happens, Marbury went before Kobe, **** happens

europagnpilgrim
05-08-2018, 11:39 PM

Where did you rank Curry as individual from 09 - 2014? before the mvp glory where was he and also where did you rank Nash 8yrs into his career from 96 - 04 before his back to back mvps?

just asking because these players are similar with Curry being better but they are both similar to where they were before the mvp trophies back to back, and after they won I still rated them the same

why did they get boosted up from mvps out of nowhere? it wasn't like they were heavy pre season favs to win the award, they struck when the iron got hot type players, they weren't day 1 franchise saviors, Nash was a backup turned starter years later

I recognized Curry sniper greatness at Davidson, what is he doing different now that he didn't do then? c'mon young albion, bless me with your peerless knowledge / feedback

numba1CHANGsta
05-08-2018, 11:39 PM
Soon to be LeBron 3-6 Finals record, 3-1 for Curry, debate over.

nastynice
05-08-2018, 11:46 PM

Of course I like him more, so what, since you like lebron more that dismisses all your arguments?

Iíll break it down real concise

Curry legitimately has a defenses attention and gets picked up at 40 ft out, having a major impact on a defense. Lebron is nowhere near that

Curry is the most dominant off the ball offensive player in the history of the game, lebron is nowhere near that

Curry has one of the quickest release in the game, allowing him to shoot off the dribble at a higher level than the leagues most elite three point catch and shoot shooters in history. Lebron is nowhere near that.

Curry can severely impact a defense while simultaneously allowing a ball dominant player to dominate the ball. Lebron is nowhere near that.

Curry literally changed the game. Lebron didnít

These are all parts of Curryís game that are direct and major factors as to why this team can play at the level they can. All these facets of his game he performs MULTIPLE levels beyond what lebron is capable of.

At the end of the day, Curry gives you a higher team ceiling than lebron, and thatís what I would chase, so thatís why I would take curry. The floor doesnít matter to me

Lebron does a lot of things a lot better than curry, yes, but Curryís skillset is simply better geared toward 5 on 5 than lebrons. Itís just the nature of his game in relation to the nature of this sport.

To me it doesnít matter whoís better, to me what matters is who allows you to create the best team, and like I said, Curryís skillset gives him the higher team ceiling. He can play next to a dominant player and allow them to fully dominate while still having an elite level impact on the defense. Lebron canít.

Thatís my argument for that

nastynice
05-08-2018, 11:52 PM
If Lebron would have played to his level as he did first 3 rounds of 11' postseason then he would have surpassed Jordan by now according to the way his fanatics react now with that 16' title, if he played to that level Wade would not have won fmvp, possibly co mvp but I feel it would have went to Bron just based on how free agency and the season played out, Bron played lights out first 3 rounds and played crunchtime lockdown d on Rose

Yup, lebron was a complete savage in the playoffs that year and itís a shame that finals makes everyone forget just how great he played in the first three rounds. But. BUT he didnít play at that level in the finals.

Me bringing up his Ď11 finals isnít me trying to downplay how good he is, itís me responding to people who are trying to use Curryís finals against him (one in which he played Iím injured and not noticeably affected by that injury). Itís ironic. I never brought that up out of left field, every time I bring it up is in response to that specific criticism of curry

nastynice
05-08-2018, 11:57 PM
exactly

nobody in their right nba mind would draft 2003 Bron after 2009 Curry, now warriors fanatics no doubt would draft back to back mvp Curry chicken over Hulk Bron, and then I would laugh at that as well since Bron still has 4 and many other seasons where it could have actually went to him, especially 11' and possibly earlier in his career and of course in the past 6yrs he could have had a couple more, so 2 to actually 4 and possibly could have been 7 mvps is plenty enough

plus like I state on here we need to stop comparing franchise saviors vs. good players

Curry is ranked higher in this 3pt era because of being the best 3pt shooter off the bounce in history along with C Jackson, its plenty of pure shooters who can shoot just as good spot up feet set and body squared, Korver, Kerr, Ellis, Curry dad, R Allen, Bird, Miller, Legler, Hodges, Paxson, KD, Price, Hornacek etc.,but Curry / C Jackson and to a smaller degree The Answer can do it off the bounce with range along with Jordan / Richmond / Bron / Kobe etc can do it off the bounce as well

I don't even know why this thread was even created

this is the type of threads reminds me of agents in action trying to muddy the waters, when its clear as day who is the superior dominant player

we are comparing a possible mt. rushmore player to a player who came out of nowhere and struck while the iron got hot and kept it hot with the addition of KD

the question is would Curry ever win another title had not they got the Hampton 5 together, Bron already showed he was too much by watching the 15' Finals, Green messed up the retribution for Curry in 16' and KD redeemed him the following year, Curry wasn't no slouch but its clear as day he got the clear edge after KD

I wouldn't have a problem if someone drafted Curry before Bron, just means I would get the more dominant overall player, **** happens, just look at Leaf over Manning, not saying Curry is Leaf but **** happens, Marbury went before Kobe, **** happens

**** definitely happens, and the **** that would happen for you is dominant individual statistics and media circus and running your second best player out of town, while the **** that would happen for me is rings and ball movement/motion offense and bringing my second best player into town. You value what you value, I value what I value.

These arenít stats, but these are real life situations that have major impact on an organizationís success. EVERYONE wants to play in Golden State, not just because we win but because itís fun. Yup, **** definitely happens

europagnpilgrim
05-09-2018, 12:32 AM
**** definitely happens, and the **** that would happen for you is dominant individual statistics and media circus and running your second best player out of town, while the **** that would happen for me is rings and ball movement/motion offense and bringing my second best player into town. You value what you value, I value what I value.

These arenít stats, but these are real life situations that have major impact on an organizationís success. EVERYONE wants to play in Golden State, not just because we win but because itís fun. Yup, **** definitely happens

Last I checked and watching ball the rings are usually won by the dominant individual stats and the ''media'' favorite Finals pre season picks, just gloss through the history starting way back, or you can use the 90's or more recent 00's for proof and of course media circus exists everywhere some just get overlooked until all types of **** leaks as with Spurs and even Pats in the nfl

of course we value what we value but in the end I value dominant / best players who impact the game in major ways and so do the warriors because they drafted 2 dominant range shooters and 1 won mvp back to back while the other is one of the better 2 way players in the league and 1a as shooter to Curry, Green was dominant all around team player in college that translated well, then they went and got a former nba league mvp and who many rank 2nd behind Bron this current day / era so and then went and got at the time probably if not the best at worst top 3 sixth man in the league in Iggy who can also start, if that isn't a dominant core then I don't know what kind of ball you are talking about, this team with and without KD dominate with both individual and team stats, Curry / KD are good for 27ppg each while Klay as 3rd wheel still gets his 20ppg, and Dray is a walking triple double who has won DPOY, and Klay is one of the better wing defenders and can guard 1 - 3 and switch on pretty much all defenders for a spot duty call, you are so delusional from being a fanatic and blind to what is smack dead in your face, called blind homer - ism at its finest

you are so funny, how come players weren't clamoring to run to Warriors when they upset the Mavs in pretty fashion in 07', why weren't players running to Warriors when they had Run TMC? why after going like 40yrs since last title prior to 15' why did they build the 'right' way through the draft with Curry / Klay / Green etc. ?

its fun every where you win, egos collide and some stories get leaked while most don't

can you imagine the **** media hell storm Jordan / Shaq would catch if that were to leak today they attacked teammates in practice? **** definitely happens

just wait until this dynasty eventually breaks up and whoever gets traded first will have the inside scoop on what really went down throughout all these 'fun' seasons

It was forced to be fun being 40yrs without a title for your franchise, you couldn't do nothing but stay loose and have fun, wasn't playing for nothing prior to Wilt / Thurmond / Barry, kudos to the 2009 warriors front office for being competent

**** definitely happens, even in the draft

stay thirsty my friend

the Magnanimous one is out, for now

TylerSL
05-09-2018, 12:59 AM
Of course I like him more, so what, since you like lebron more that dismisses all your arguments?

Curry legitimately has a defenses attention and gets picked up at 40 ft out, having a major impact on a defense. Lebron is nowhere near that

Curry is the most dominant off the ball offensive player in the history of the game, lebron is nowhere near that

Curry has one of the quickest release in the game, allowing him to shoot off the dribble at a higher level than the leagues most elite three point catch and shoot shooters in history. Lebron is nowhere near that.

Curry can severely impact a defense while simultaneously allowing a ball dominant player to dominate the ball. Lebron is nowhere near that.

These are all parts of Curryís game that are direct and major factors as to why this team can play at the level they can. All these facets of his game he performs MULTIPLE levels beyond what lebron is capable of.

At the end of the day, Curry gives you a higher team ceiling than lebron, and thatís what I would chase, so thatís why I would take curry. The floor doesnít matter to me

Lebron does a lot of things a lot better than curry, yes, but Curryís skillset is simply better geared toward 5 on 5 than lebrons. Itís just the nature of his game in relation to the nature of this sport.

To me it doesnít matter whoís better, to me what matters is who allows you to create the best team, and like I said, Curryís skillset gives him the higher team ceiling. He can play next to a dominant player and allow them to fully dominate while still having an elite level impact on the defense. Lebron canít.

I don't say Lebron is better because I like him more, I say he's better because he just is. Lebron is superior to Curry in every statistical category save three point percentage and free throw percentage. When they go head to head, Lebron puts up better numbers, especially in the Finals.

What you are describing is Curry's ability to space the floor, which he does do better than Lebron. He spaces the floor because he's the greatest shooter in NBA history. So he's a bigger outside threat than Lebron, but that doesnt make him a better player. Also Curry is far from the only reason for Golden State's success. Klay is also one of the greatest shooters in NBA history and he can hit 3s even better than Curry when he really gets hot (didn't he have close 40 in a quarter last year?) The constant threat of two of the greatest shooters ever is too much for many teams. Add on a jack of all trades power forward who plays defense and a deep bench and you can win 73 games....... And then sign another top 5 player, who is also a great shooter just so you can beat Lebron.

Saying Curry is better is equivalent to saying that Russell Wilson is better than Tom Brady because he can run. It has no merit and makes you look foolish.

nastynice
05-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Last I checked and watching ball the rings are usually won by the dominant individual stats and the ''media'' favorite Finals pre season picks, just gloss through the history starting way back, or you can use the 90's or more recent 00's for proof and of course media circus exists everywhere some just get overlooked until all types of **** leaks as with Spurs and even Pats in the nfl

of course we value what we value but in the end I value dominant / best players who impact the game in major ways and so do the warriors because they drafted 2 dominant range shooters and 1 won mvp back to back while the other is one of the better 2 way players in the league and 1a as shooter to Curry, Green was dominant all around team player in college that translated well, then they went and got a former nba league mvp and who many rank 2nd behind Bron this current day / era so and then went and got at the time probably if not the best at worst top 3 sixth man in the league in Iggy who can also start, if that isn't a dominant core then I don't know what kind of ball you are talking about, this team with and without KD dominate with both individual and team stats, Curry / KD are good for 27ppg each while Klay as 3rd wheel still gets his 20ppg, and Dray is a walking triple double who has won DPOY, and Klay is one of the better wing defenders and can guard 1 - 3 and switch on pretty much all defenders for a spot duty call, you are so delusional from being a fanatic and blind to what is smack dead in your face, called blind homer - ism at its finest

you are so funny, how come players weren't clamoring to run to Warriors when they upset the Mavs in pretty fashion in 07', why weren't players running to Warriors when they had Run TMC? why after going like 40yrs since last title prior to 15' why did they build the 'right' way through the draft with Curry / Klay / Green etc. ?

its fun every where you win, egos collide and some stories get leaked while most don't

can you imagine the **** media hell storm Jordan / Shaq would catch if that were to leak today they attacked teammates in practice? **** definitely happens

just wait until this dynasty eventually breaks up and whoever gets traded first will have the inside scoop on what really went down throughout all these 'fun' seasons

It was forced to be fun being 40yrs without a title for your franchise, you couldn't do nothing but stay loose and have fun, wasn't playing for nothing prior to Wilt / Thurmond / Barry, kudos to the 2009 warriors front office for being competent

**** definitely happens, even in the draft

stay thirsty my friend

the Magnanimous one is out, for now

People werenít trying to get here before cuz we had completely diff players, diff culture. Now itís diff, our starters are as excited for our backups to perform as they are for themselves. When swaggy p touch the ball our starters are all yelling ďshooootĒ. Itís a great situation out here now. Our first 50 games last year curry completely went out of his way, same with everyone else, to make sure kd gets to a place where he is most comfortable. Outside of deferring to d wade for a year when has lebron ever done anything like that?

Thereís def a correlation between most dominant individual performer and winning, but curry skill sets just diff. Itís so unique, how could you not go complete stack mode with him out there? He is so perfectly built for it

Iím not delusional, Iím well aware of how amazing our players is. I been dropping the #teamstacked hashtag for quite a while now :)

But what you gotta realize is that these guys grew together, and Curryís game allowed for a lot of that growth. Draymond would not be the player he is right now if he were drafted to lebrons team. Here in GS he gets a lot of touches early in the shot clock, allowing him to develop a high iq and playmaking ability. Draymond is effective on offense because of one thing. Decision making. No way he develops like that on a lebron lead team. But thatís the diff between lebron and curry (amongst other things, some in lebrons favor, some in Curryís).

DC22
05-09-2018, 01:06 AM
Just so we're clear ... this is a troll thread, right? Steph is good but come on lol

nastynice
05-09-2018, 01:10 AM
I don't say Lebron is better because I like him more, I say he's better because he just is. Lebron is superior to Curry in every statistical category save three point percentage and free throw percentage. When they go head to head, Lebron puts up better numbers, especially in the Finals.

What you are describing is Curry's ability to space the floor, which he does do better than Lebron. He spaces the floor because he's the greatest shooter in NBA history. So he's a bigger outside threat than Lebron, but that doesnt make him a better player. Also Curry is far from the only reason for Golden State's success. Klay is also one of the greatest shooters in NBA history and he can hit 3s even better than Curry when he really gets hot (didn't he have close 40 in a quarter last year?) The constant threat of two of the greatest shooters ever is too much for many teams. Add on a jack of all trades power forward who plays defense and a deep bench and you can win 73 games....... And then sign another top 5 player, who is also a great shooter just so you can beat Lebron.

Saying Curry is better is equivalent to saying that Russell Wilson is better than Tom Brady because he can run. It has no merit and makes you look foolish.

Why do I have to go broken record mode and keep repeating I didnít say heís a better player? Iím saying heís the player I draft if I can choose from anyone in the league today. Over lebron, over kd, over harden, Westbrook, AD, over any player today. Any of those guys can be argued as a better individual player than curry, and crush his stats, but if Iím building team id be a ring chaser not a stat chaser. Rings are won by teams and curry gives you a higher team ceiling than any of those guys

More-Than-Most
05-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Why do I have to go broken record mode and keep repeating I didnít say heís a better player? Iím saying heís the player I draft if I can choose from anyone in the league today. Over lebron, over kd, over harden, Westbrook, AD, over any player today. Any of those guys can be argued as a better individual player than curry, and crush his stats, but if Iím building team id be a ring chaser not a stat chaser. Rings are won by teams and curry gives you a higher team ceiling than any of those guys

So you would take the by far inferior player because of what reasoning exactly? Again curry won a title with kyrie and love out and lost another against a Lebron/Kyrie duo with the best team ever and had to go get a durant to make sure it didnt happen again because HE NEEDS GREAT TEAMMATES TO BRING OUT HIS ABILITY... Lebron can work with anyone. If you are starting a franchise you want the guy who is better by far and makes the team better without worrying about getting exposed because of his bad defense.

Both lebron and durant are far better picks before curry by quite a bit.

nastynice
05-09-2018, 01:21 AM
. If you are starting a franchise you want the guy who is better by far and makes the team better without worrying about getting exposed because of his bad defense.

No, thatís what YOU want. I want the guy that gives highest team ceiling.

I already dropped my perspective, never said you had to agree with it, but at this point if youíre not even understanding what Iím saying thereís really no point anymore..

TylerSL
05-09-2018, 01:36 AM
So you would take the by far inferior player because of what reasoning exactly? Again curry won a title with kyrie and love out and lost another against a Lebron/Kyrie duo with the best team ever and had to go get a durant to make sure it didnt happen again because HE NEEDS GREAT TEAMMATES TO BRING OUT HIS ABILITY... Lebron can work with anyone. If you are starting a franchise you want the guy who is better by far and makes the team better without worrying about getting exposed because of his bad defense.

Both lebron and durant are far better picks before curry by quite a bit.

I would take any of Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, or AD before Curry if I had the #1 pick in a league draft. Curry before anyone else though.

mngopher35
05-09-2018, 01:43 AM
I truly think youíre using revisionist history. Though i agree that we are missing out on seeing more great moments by Steph since Durant got here. Curry has improved every year since being in the NBA and itís been fun to watch about 95% of his games since he got to the league. So on that point, I agree.

Curry had multiple (more than 2) game winning saving plays during the first title run to get them to the number 1 seed. Going into that season they werenít even the favorites nor did anyone think theyíd win a championship. Just the year before they were bounced out of the 1st round. And yes Curry had an epic season and playoff. He underperformed in the finals, but heís definitely needed to win basketball games (as their leading scorer)

I don't get what you mean? Those injuries were huge and well known/talked about even at the time and his stats did drop off like I mentioned. I am not saying all the rest of what you say didn't happen and wasn't impressive on his part at all just that those things are factors into how he ended up wining (said same thing at the time like many others especially about injuries).

I just wish we got to see that curry on a yearly basis now is what I am getting at when I say pushed etc. (and you seem to at least acknowledge a difference since KD).

TylerSL
05-09-2018, 01:44 AM

Ok so I am guilty of not knowing exactly what you are arguing. To be fair, I only came into this thread recently and didn't go through all the posts. I still disagree, but you are not saying Curry is the better player. I would take Lebron over Steph because Curry's talents are magnified on a team like the Warriors, where as they may not be on the team one would ultimately draft (it's unlikely you could pair him with KD/Klay/Draymond in this idea).

I would also probably take both KD or Kawhi over him too because of their ability to play defense as well as be top scorers. I would rate them both higher than Curry. Lastly I would take Anthony Davis over Curry because of his impact on the game, as well as his age (he turned 25 less than two months ago). Another player I think one could make an argument for taking over Curry is the Greek Freak, although I definitely wouldn't. Curry would be #5 on my board.

nastynice
05-09-2018, 01:54 AM
Ok so I am guilty of not knowing exactly what you are arguing. To be fair, I only came into this thread recently and didn't go through all the posts. I still disagree, but you are not saying Curry is the better player. I would take Lebron over Steph because Curry's talents are magnified on a team like the Warriors, where as they may not be on the team one would ultimately draft (it's unlikely you could pair him with KD/Klay/Draymond in this idea).

I would also probably take both KD or Kawhi over him too because of their ability to play defense as well as be top scorers. I would rate them both higher than Curry. Lastly I would take Anthony Davis over Curry because of his impact on the game, as well as his age (he turned 25 less than two months ago). Another player I think one could make an argument for taking over Curry is the Greek Freak, although I definitely wouldn't. Curry would be #5 on my board.

Iím not saying heís a better player, ďbetterĒ is such a subjective and ill defined word, youíd have to better define it for me to make that claim.

The whole reason id take curry is because of my confidence in being able to pair him with top tier talent. In that situation, his unique skill set allows for the best potential team.

Look at lebron wade. My turn your turn. Westbrook kd, same. Even these high flying rockets with harden and Paul, itís a lot of my turn your turn going on. Thereís nothing wrong with that, cp3 and harden is working out beautifully, wade lebron got rings, and Westbrook kd were knocking on the door. But curry is different. With curry it both players turn, cuz curryís game allows for that. He is the most dominant off ball player and creates the most space for his teammates without the ball, so kd can be as greedy as he wants and it still works so long as he makes smart decisions with what to do with the ball. He doesnít have to defer and wonder whoís turn it is like he did in okc

The curry kd pairing is only in year two so we gotta see what happens, but Iím confident that this will develop into something weíve never seen before. Letís see..

RowBTrice
05-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Are we talking about best actor? Because lebron is the best actor ever. Best highlight reel of flops i've ever seen in my life.

COOLbeans
05-09-2018, 10:32 AM
I agree with all of Nastynices arguments for Curry, but if given a choice to start a francishise then id take Lebron 1st and Curry 2nd (before anyone else including KD/AD).

But unlike whatís been said I donít think itís that easy of a choice, it took me about 12 hours to come up with that conclusion.

Lebron isnít ahead of Curry ďby a lotĒ like whats been said. They bring far different skill sets and leadership styles to the table and the team would be constructed vastly different depending on which guy is picked first.

Itís like saying Shaq is ďfar aheadĒ of Magic Johnson just because heís more dominant. Well it can be argued that Magic is more dominant from the guard position, and therefore itís more of preference rather than some obvious thing like whatís been said by the Curry detractors.

Jamiecballer
05-09-2018, 11:23 AM

I actually have a point of contention with regards to point one. Currys range is unreal but people worry about what LeBron is going to do as far as 90 feet out. It just so happens letting him shoot is the lesser of 2 evils.

WaDe03
05-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Itís by a lot because LeBron has literally been the best player in the NBA with no debate for at least 7 Years now. Itís to the point where no one even questions it unless youíre a KD or Curry fan or you just completely hate LeBron.

Vinylman
05-09-2018, 12:48 PM
are curry supporters still posting in this thread :confused:

rocket
05-16-2018, 05:52 PM
are curry supporters still posting in this thread :confused:

:laugh: :clap: :oldguy: !!!!!!

yall really thought this man who has got blown out 2 playoffs games in a row vs the Celtics without Kyrie and Gordon Hayward was better than Curry?

hold this L

#Embarrassing #KingJames #GOAT :o

rocket
05-16-2018, 05:59 PM

did you forget that Curry is great at driving to the basket... or did you forget he nearly averaged a triple double in the finals last year? lmao. just wow. You literally have the pick up Curry soon as he crosses half court, his impact without the ball is at the top of the league as well

if you don't swap LeBron and keep him on the Cavs he still loses to the Celtics in less than 7. :laugh: :clap:

#KingJames

rocket
05-16-2018, 06:17 PM
Exactly. Even without Curry, GS is very good. A Lebronless Cavs team on the other hand...

1. Golden State lost 10 of its last 17 games to end the season without Curry

2. Curry won 73 games without Durant. [NBA RECORD lmao]

this **** is comical to me lol

nastynice
05-17-2018, 03:46 AM
You guys pay attention to Rockets offense in game 1 vs game 2. Game 1 was very lebron esque. Game 2 very Curry esque.

You guys listening to these analysts echoing everything I been saying? regarding not getting teammates touches and in rhythm and involved properly in game 1 vs game 2.

Iím not saying that makes me right, but majority of people donít seem to be getting what my argument is, maybe this helps illustrate my point.

Jeffy25
05-17-2018, 04:21 AM
You guys pay attention to Rockets offense in game 1 vs game 2. Game 1 was very lebron esque. Game 2 very Curry esque.

You guys listening to these analysts echoing everything I been saying? regarding not getting teammates touches and in rhythm and involved properly in game 1 vs game 2.

Iím not saying that makes me right, but majority of people donít seem to be getting what my argument is, maybe this helps illustrate my point.

You talk about getting team mates involved....as if Curry somehow does that more than LeBron

With all the shooters that Curry has, and as elite as they are...he still only has a career average of 6.8 APG, and it hasn't touched 7 per game for over 3 years. LeBron is at 7.2 with far less help, and this year it was 9.1 per game. This year, in the playoffs, Curry is only averaging 4.4 APG vs LeBron's 9.2

LeBron's assist percent is 10% higher than Curry's

You are reaching for things that don't exist.

LeBron is constantly trying to get other players involved and in rhythm. It's why he always gets scolded by Kobe/Jordan/Hero Ball fans because he takes his foot of the pedal from constantly scoring. He know, when his team mates are shooting, it makes his job easier.

You have to stop reaching for things that aren't there. LeBron doesn't have a system to play in. He has to play like he does to create. Curry may be the main facilitator of the Warriors run and gun, efficient, awesome offense, but he isn't why it exists.

The Warriors can win with Curry scoring less than 20. LeBron gets 40 and a triple double and it's still not enough. You give all the Warriors success as a credit to Curry, when it's a system with a great coach, great players in Green and Thompson, and the second best player in the league joining the third best player in the league....all to try to stop the best player in the league.

Jeffy25
05-17-2018, 04:39 AM
1. Golden State lost 10 of its last 17 games to end the season without Curry And you are conveniently ignoring the playoffs why exactly? Which they went 5-1 during. They were clearly not trying the last several games of the season

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201804100UTA.html

Durant also missed 6 of those 17 games, and in the 11 he played, he barely averaged 30 minutes per game

Klay Thompson missed 8 of those 17 games.

Because this is the Warriors team that should be winning without Curry, where Draymond Green is the only legit league average starter getting minutes
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201803160GSW.html

Oh, and Green missed 4 of these 17 games lol, and barely averaged 30 minutes per game in the 13 he did play.

What a horrible attempt to dismiss an argument by giving half information.

Green, Thompson, and Durant barely played during this stretch lmao.

But this is the testament to Curry?

Over the last three years, the Warriors are 177-32 when Steph Curry starts. A .847 team winning percentage. When he doesn't start, they are 30-19 (includes his missed playoff games), a .612 team winning percentage.

Over the last three years, the Cavs are 157-75 when LeBron starts, a .677 team winning percentage. When LeBron doesn't start, they are 1-13, a .071 team winning percentage.

Even without Curry, the Warriors a title contender, and a 50 win team (a .612 team winning percentage is exactly a 50 win team - and that doesn't account for the number of times Durant wasn't a part of those games missed)

With LeBron, the Cavs are literally fighting the Suns for the top pick.

2. Curry won 73 games without Durant. [NBA RECORD lmao] And then lost to LeBron in the Finals lmao

Jeffy25
05-17-2018, 04:43 AM
did you forget that Curry is great at driving to the basket... or did you forget he nearly averaged a triple double in the finals last year? lmao. just wow. You literally have the pick up Curry soon as he crosses half court, his impact without the ball is at the top of the league as well

if you don't swap LeBron and keep him on the Cavs he still loses to the Celtics in less than 7. :laugh: :clap:

#KingJames

Your argument is that Curry nearly averaged a triple double in the Finals, while LeBron literally did (33.6/12.0/10.0 per game)

nastynice
05-17-2018, 05:32 AM
You talk about getting team mates involved....as if Curry somehow does that more than LeBron

With all the shooters that Curry has, and as elite as they are...he still only has a career average of 6.8 APG, and it hasn't touched 7 per game for over 3 years. LeBron is at 7.2 with far less help, and this year it was 9.1 per game. This year, in the playoffs, Curry is only averaging 4.4 APG vs LeBron's 9.2

LeBron's assist percent is 10% higher than Curry's

You are reaching for things that don't exist.

LeBron is constantly trying to get other players involved and in rhythm. It's why he always gets scolded by Kobe/Jordan/Hero Ball fans because he takes his foot of the pedal from constantly scoring. He know, when his team mates are shooting, it makes his job easier.

You have to stop reaching for things that aren't there. LeBron doesn't have a system to play in. He has to play like he does to create. Curry may be the main facilitator of the Warriors run and gun, efficient, awesome offense, but he isn't why it exists.

The Warriors can win with Curry scoring less than 20. LeBron gets 40 and a triple double and it's still not enough. You give all the Warriors success as a credit to Curry, when it's a system with a great coach, great players in Green and Thompson, and the second best player in the league joining the third best player in the league....all to try to stop the best player in the league.

Horrible argument. You rely too much on stats. Just look at the diff in each players style, and how that affects the team around them, and how that favors running a diff system around each players skill set. Currys skill set is much more conducive to ball movement and getting other players involved and in rhythm from early in shot clocks. This isn't a knock on Lebron, it's simply understanding how diff qualities affect each offense differently. I think Curry's qualities are very valuable to a team as it has a diff effect on his offense and in turn on his teammates getting comfortable and performing well.

Matter of fact today our offense was very lebron like, we got kd the ball a lot and he exploited his match-up a lot, but notice how uninvolved the rest of our players were. I don't know the stats, but they certainly weren't as effective as compared to when they are getting consistent touches