PDA

View Full Version : Knicks, Lebron WITH SOURCES

MJNetsIsles
05-04-2018, 10:50 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nba/2018/05/04/lebron-james-knicks-free-agency-rumors-david-fizdale
Sports Illustrated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/05/04/soon-to-be-free-agent-lebron-james-loves-knicks-new-coach/amp/
NY Post

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/report-knicks-prepared-to-open-cap-space-if-lebron-james-wants-to-play-for-david-fizdale/amp/
NBC Sports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2774270-lebron-james-rumors-knicks-interested-in-pursuing-star-after-david-fizdale-hire.amp.html
Bleacher Report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/nba-free-agency-rumors-knicks-lebron-james-clear-salary-cap/7zbclo0nfk98156fw061z4kvv
Sporting News

Is that good enough for you Rush?

tredigs
05-04-2018, 11:35 PM
You have 5 articles linking that the Knicks have a pipe dream of trying to sign Lebron? This isn't news. We know they want to sign Lebron.

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:38 PM
You have 5 articles linking that the Knicks have a pipe dream of trying to sign Lebron? This isn't news. We know they want to sign Lebron.

**** that

MJNetsIsles
05-04-2018, 11:39 PM

I was asked to provide information that affirmed my thread that was locked. I did so in posting the 5 articles that came out TODAY. It’s news and was reported by The Score app on my phone this morning.

The Knicks finding ways to clear salary in a pursuit of Lebron is news. It was reported today.

tredigs
05-05-2018, 12:08 AM
I was asked to provide information that affirmed my thread that was locked. I did so in posting the 5 articles that came out TODAY. It’s news and was reported by The Score app on my phone this morning.

The Knicks finding ways to clear salary in a pursuit of Lebron is news. It was reported today.

The point is, "no **** they want to try to sign Lebron". The news will come when/if they actually do clear some cap space. How are they doing this btw? A lot of contracts that nobody wants, and the last thing they can do is give up more picks if they want any chance at a true rebuild.

FlashBolt
05-05-2018, 12:13 AM
who in their right mind believes knicks can shave enough salary to not only get lebron but help for lebron? KP is trash. No one believed me when I said he hasn't improved from last season. He got hot early in the season and then maybe due to injuries, he just slowed down and played poorly to finish off the season until he just couldn't play anymore. Knicks are doomed. worst NBA franchise in the NBA led by an incompetent owner.

ewing
05-05-2018, 12:35 AM
^^^ knick fan

IKnowHoops
05-05-2018, 03:17 AM
who in their right mind believes knicks can shave enough salary to not only get lebron but help for lebron? KP is trash. No one believed me when I said he hasn't improved from last season. He got hot early in the season and then maybe due to injuries, he just slowed down and played poorly to finish off the season until he just couldn't play anymore. Knicks are doomed. worst NBA franchise in the NBA led by an incompetent owner.

Trash?😂 pretty much all true though

europagnpilgrim
05-05-2018, 08:25 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nba/2018/05/04/lebron-james-knicks-free-agency-rumors-david-fizdale
Sports Illustrated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/05/04/soon-to-be-free-agent-lebron-james-loves-knicks-new-coach/amp/
NY Post

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2018/05/04/report-knicks-prepared-to-open-cap-space-if-lebron-james-wants-to-play-for-david-fizdale/amp/
NBC Sports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2774270-lebron-james-rumors-knicks-interested-in-pursuing-star-after-david-fizdale-hire.amp.html
Bleacher Report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/nba-free-agency-rumors-knicks-lebron-james-clear-salary-cap/7zbclo0nfk98156fw061z4kvv
Sporting News

Just come with stats because if you come with sources directly or someone close to the camp it wont be enough

and they will cry big bad wolf, the same that cry for context context context just say well I got these stats for proof

Rush to Jason littlejohn Debbie and etc., they all will cry big bad wolf is here, run little pigs run

I agree with you citing sources, especially directly from the horses mouth on public record, those are the type of quotes that really drive the adversary crazy, guess the old saying rings true, the Truth hurts like a *****

europagnpilgrim
05-05-2018, 08:42 AM

See how they have dumbed 'us' down to thinking that this farce luxury tax really means something? you are talking about the capital / $$$ city of America, the big apple is not concerned about shedding salary, they print money while you are on here posting back and forth, all of us for that matter

if KP is trash then you need to revaluate all players you feel are something special once they reach year 5, hell Westbrook avg 24ppg a couple years back and people were trying to say he just came into his own, so was Russ trash his first 3-4yrs because I don't see much diff. between him back then or now just higher usage rate, same game with a slightly improved j / 3 shot because he was very suspect coming into the league

carrying a load is serious tax on the body, its another reason why I give Iverson such props for doing what he did because its hard to play injured / hurt and still find a way to play and do it effectively

Knicks aren't doomed for the very reason they have the deepest pockets / most money of any franchise, they are basically the United Nations / BEP of the NBA, they are only playing the money game to trick you and others and once you realize that then you will see how much of a joke this salary cap crap really is

what is 100million to a owner who is worth anywhere from 3 - 15B with a printing machine backing him? doesn't Dolan own YES network? do you guys understand that a luxury 'tax' is just that, a luxury to have this said income written off

its like taking a very expensive *** vacation and writing it off on your company, what a 'luxury' to have

if a start up owner like Nets guy will pay a luxury tax then NY Knicks can pay what he did 5x over and still be in the green, the big apple / northwest Africa is called that for a reason

Just imagine if you were a multi billionaire and a passionate owner wanting to win super big but now concern yourself with millions of dollars, and on top of that you got money coming in from all types of different biz / sources, that makes it even easier to write off for 'tax' purposes

KP just felt the effect of not having another legit 20ppg scorer that he lost in Melo and that load can be taxing for any player so he broke down, his game is still legit and did you ever come to think that he might have been playing injured the whole time when you felt he played poorly until he couldn't play no more? he tried to gut it out and came up short, Knicks be in doomsville for a long while, nothing new under that sun

I like how you used 'incompetent', I see you are paying attention to my posts, good job FB, and I don't mean facebook

R. Johnson#3
05-05-2018, 09:06 AM
This is almost as funny as the Banana Boat rumours.

oak2455
05-05-2018, 09:09 AM
This is what happens when kids get on the internet... funny thread

IndyRealist
05-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Don't call out mods on public forums. It's just tacky. They're doing their jobs. For free, I might add.

prodigy
05-05-2018, 09:25 AM
gotta get the players first... Thread should be locked until Knicks have a much better roster with at least 2 superstars already on it. Healthy ones.

IKnowHoops
05-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Don't call out mods on public forums. It's just tacky. They're doing their jobs. For free, I might add.

Yes, Mods like Cops are the authority and are never wrong and should never be held accountable for anything

IKnowHoops
05-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Sports Illustrated

NY Post

NBC Sports

Bleacher Report

Sporting News

Way to beat back. Proud of ya

Texan_Rocket
05-05-2018, 11:27 AM
See how they have dumbed 'us' down to thinking that this farce luxury tax really means something? you are talking about the capital / $$$ city of America, the big apple is not concerned about shedding salary, they print money while you are on here posting back and forth, all of us for that matter

if KP is trash then you need to revaluate all players you feel are something special once they reach year 5, hell Westbrook avg 24ppg a couple years back and people were trying to say he just came into his own, so was Russ trash his first 3-4yrs because I don't see much diff. between him back then or now just higher usage rate, same game with a slightly improved j / 3 shot because he was very suspect coming into the league

carrying a load is serious tax on the body, its another reason why I give Iverson such props for doing what he did because its hard to play injured / hurt and still find a way to play and do it effectively

Knicks aren't doomed for the very reason they have the deepest pockets / most money of any franchise, they are basically the United Nations / BEP of the NBA, they are only playing the money game to trick you and others and once you realize that then you will see how much of a joke this salary cap crap really is

what is 100million to a owner who is worth anywhere from 3 - 15B with a printing machine backing him? doesn't Dolan own YES network? do you guys understand that a luxury 'tax' is just that, a luxury to have this said income written off

its like taking a very expensive *** vacation and writing it off on your company, what a 'luxury' to have

if a start up owner like Nets guy will pay a luxury tax then NY Knicks can pay what he did 5x over and still be in the green, the big apple / northwest Africa is called that for a reason

Just imagine if you were a multi billionaire and a passionate owner wanting to win super big but now concern yourself with millions of dollars, and on top of that you got money coming in from all types of different biz / sources, that makes it even easier to write off for 'tax' purposes

KP just felt the effect of not having another legit 20ppg scorer that he lost in Melo and that load can be taxing for any player so he broke down, his game is still legit and did you ever come to think that he might have been playing injured the whole time when you felt he played poorly until he couldn't play no more? he tried to gut it out and came up short, Knicks be in doomsville for a long while, nothing new under that sun

I like how you used 'incompetent', I see you are paying attention to my posts, good job FB, and I don't mean facebook

This isn’t the MLB. Just because your team and owner have a crap ton of money to spend doesn’t mean they can. They have multiple players locked into horrible contracts. They are unable to fit LeBron under their salary cap. To fit him, they have to get rid of said horrible contracts.

The luxury tax is for players already on your team that you resign and go over the cap for, you can’t bring in a new player and just add him to the luxury tax, so your post literally means nothing.

Don’t you think we all know that NY and LA are the richest teams? Doesn’t mean NY can just go and get any player, they have to abide by the salary cap rules. Why do you think LA traded good young guys? TO GET RID OF CAPSPACE. What you think they couldn’t afford to go over the lax? Smh 🤦*♂️

kyubi256
05-05-2018, 12:07 PM
You'd be an idiot to not at least entertain thought of getting Lebron. This is a non story

NYKnickFanatic
05-05-2018, 01:11 PM
This is what happens when kids get on the internet... funny thread

Big facts.

KingstonHawke
05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
I could see Ben Simmons being a Knick before LeBron.

If LeBron signed with the 76ers then Ben could get traded for Porzingis, Frank, and a 1st.

Knicks get: Ben Simmons at the center surrounded by shooters. In that situation he's almost a guarantee to become a hall of famer. He could easily average 30/10/10 as the first option and have the knicks competing for a playoff spot.

76ers get: Instead of having Ben Simmons whose play style conflicts with LeBron he gets swapped for Porzingis who is an ideal 3rd option face up four. He'll stretch the floor with the starters, can be the primary scorer on the second unit, and his usage will be reduced dramatically which will keep him healthier. Obviously Frank, Fultz, and Embiid would all look so much better with LeBron and Porzingis creating oppurtunities for them. And if Fultz and Frank improve in the catch and shoot this possibly becomes the greatest team of all time.

Jamiecballer
05-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Don't call out mods on public forums. It's just tacky. They're doing their jobs. For free, I might add.+1000000

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

NYKnickFanatic
05-05-2018, 05:28 PM

:clap:

Scoots
05-05-2018, 07:08 PM
FWIW, the mods discuss actions taken and we look to find a consensus that gives users the most freedom possible without sacrificing the enjoyment of other users. If a thread is being dominated by posts saying the thread is a bad thread that is something that has to be looked at. And yeah, we get nothing from this other than some rare thanks :)

On topic, I could see LeBron going to the Knicks, because he'll want his next stop to tie in to his career after being a player and I don't think he wants to move west. In that light NY is one of the better choices for him, it just doesn't make it likely he's going to keep winning at the same pace.

ewing
05-07-2018, 09:02 AM

- 1000000. Scoots deserves a public shaming

cheetos185
05-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Oh yea LeBron is coming so is PG13 CP3 and Durant all for vet min and spurs will trade KL for Noah and Lance Thomas. Melo and Dwade will be the assistant coaches and Knicks will win every game and break all records in one season.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

mudvayne387
05-07-2018, 10:35 AM

While mostly true (KP is far from trash), I find it funny that an OKC fan is throwing shade with the state of their team currently. Have fun with Westbrook and Melo winning 35 games next season :) The fact that you guys had 3 top ten players on the same roster at one point and failed to win a title is enough to make any fan salty.

brandt
05-07-2018, 10:49 AM
That's nice but who cares. You couldn’t pay him all the money in the world to go to not only an awfuly run organization, but a crappy team. It would take them another five years to be even somewhat competitive. Why would he do that? He wouldnt.

brandt
05-07-2018, 10:51 AM
While mostly true (KP is far from trash), I find it funny that an OKC fan is throwing shade with the state of their team currently. Have fun with Westbrook and Melo winning 35 games next season :) The fact that you guys had 3 top ten players on the same roster at one point and failed to win a title is enough to make any fan salty.. Melo is NOT a top ten player.

mudvayne387
05-07-2018, 11:12 AM
. Melo is NOT a top ten player.

Harden, Westbrook and Durant = 0 CHAMPIONSHIPS

Scoots
05-07-2018, 11:15 AM

Yutz

brandt
05-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Harden, Westbrook and Durant = 0 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Yep, it sure does. Thank God I’m not a Thunder fan.

IndyRealist
05-07-2018, 11:58 AM

That's just for being Scoots. The fact that he's a mod is irrelevant. ;)

Vinylman
05-07-2018, 01:46 PM

jawohl !!

Lenin would of appreciated you

TheDish87
05-07-2018, 02:44 PM
I could see Ben Simmons being a Knick before LeBron.

If LeBron signed with the 76ers then Ben could get traded for Porzingis, Frank, and a 1st.

Knicks get: Ben Simmons at the center surrounded by shooters. In that situation he's almost a guarantee to become a hall of famer. He could easily average 30/10/10 as the first option and have the knicks competing for a playoff spot.

76ers get: Instead of having Ben Simmons whose play style conflicts with LeBron he gets swapped for Porzingis who is an ideal 3rd option face up four. He'll stretch the floor with the starters, can be the primary scorer on the second unit, and his usage will be reduced dramatically which will keep him healthier. Obviously Frank, Fultz, and Embiid would all look so much better with LeBron and Porzingis creating oppurtunities for them. And if Fultz and Frank improve in the catch and shoot this possibly becomes the greatest team of all time.

lol no

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-07-2018, 02:51 PM
He's not gonna sign with the Knicks. He wants to have a chance to beat Golden State.

Vinylman
05-07-2018, 03:06 PM
. Melo is NOT a top ten player.

and you lack reading comprehension ... so what of it?