PDA

View Full Version : 2018-19 Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scoots
05-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Coaching changes, I wonder if any of the teams will take an NCAA coach as a first time NBA coach? Lately former players and experienced NBA coaches have been dominating hires ... I thought the successes of some of the college coaches would start a trend.

Free agent speculation ... not all free agents are going to go to the Lakers :)

goingfor28
05-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Clippers should replace Doc. With CP3 and Blake gone, and DJ very possibly gone this summer, it's a new team. Might as well start totally fresh. They're still good enough to fight for a 6-8 seed if healthy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 02:47 PM
We all thought last summer was crazy... this summer could match it. Think of all the question marks:

Where is LeBron going if he leaves?
How will the Kawhi Leonard situation shake out?
Is Paul George staying in OKC?
With the Pelicans recent success, could Demarcus Cousins be traded?
Will Jabari Parker be traded?
How about Kemba, who has expressed frustration at missing the playoffs?

What about the Wizards? Is it possible they move one of Beal, Wall, or Porter?
Will the Blazers shake it up and finally change the backcourt?

It could very well be another super exciting offseason.

archdevil84
05-01-2018, 03:22 PM
biggest question of them all: Will Dwyane Wade retire? Hopefully not :speechless:

Lil Rhody
05-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Come on Lal pick slip to #2 and the Celtics get MB3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
05-01-2018, 03:53 PM
-Supposedly PG is gone from OKC.
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=511128
-Spurs are 'done' with Kawhi, likely trade candidate
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=511114

kdspurman
05-01-2018, 04:20 PM
-Supposedly PG is gone from OKC.
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=511128
-Spurs are 'done' with Kawhi, likely trade candidate
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=511114

I can assure you if they were at that point, Pop wouldn't be making it a point to meet with him.

There's no way Peter Vescey is more clued in than guys who have been following this situation all season.

TheDish87
05-01-2018, 04:24 PM
apparently Leonard is angling for the Sixers. that **** is like a dream come true to join this group.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 04:39 PM
apparently Leonard is angling for the Sixers. that **** is like a dream come true to join this group.

I think "supposedly" is a better word than "apparently" ... since neither side is talking publicly everything is third hand at best.

GiantsSwaGG
05-01-2018, 04:47 PM

Include LA & NY in that mix

Scoots
05-01-2018, 04:52 PM
OKC may need to pay to move Melo.
Should OKC change coaches?

Coaching vacancies:
Charlotte
Orlando
New York
Milwaukee
Phoenix
Atlanta

Coaching hot seat:
Lue - Cavs
Joerger - Kings
Rivers - Clippers
Malone - Nuggets
Hoiberg - Bulls

Maybe hot seat?
Stotts - Portland

We had a season with no coaching moves, now we could set a record for most changes.

SfgiantsJD3
05-01-2018, 06:17 PM
OKC may need to pay to move Melo.
Should OKC change coaches?

Coaching vacancies:
Charlotte
Orlando
New York
Milwaukee
Phoenix
Atlanta

Coaching hot seat:
Lue - Cavs
Joerger - Kings
Rivers - Clippers
Malone - Nuggets
Hoiberg - Bulls

Maybe hot seat?
Stotts - Portland

We had a season with no coaching moves, now we could set a record for most changes.

The other coaching maybe hot seat is wherever LeBron goes.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 07:46 PM
The other coaching maybe hot seat is wherever LeBron goes.

But not until the middle of next year.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2018, 08:12 PM
https://thesixersense.com/2018/05/01/philadelphia-76ers-kawhi-leonard-camp-pushing-big-market-philly/

damn everyone wants philly.... this time last year it was said no free agent would come here : )

Dade County
05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Reported that ESPN Ryen Russillo says that PG is gone.

We don't no if this is true lol

But I am assuming that Lbj & PG will be joining the same team this off season. Lbj wanted him with the Cav's this season but the front office didn't pull the trigger because Lbj wouldn't commit.

I don't think they are going to the Lakers though. Lbj isn't ever going out West, and it would be a better Final's match up to create another Super Team out East to face the Warriors.

So this means that either OKC or Cleveland will be handling a sign & trade (or both). New power house in the East coming up.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 07:45 AM
I think "supposedly" is a better word than "apparently" ... since neither side is talking publicly everything is third hand at best.

that works too

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Include LA & NY in that mix

yea them too but Lakers suck and i dont see Leonard as an LA type guy but i guess you never know. He has been seeing the Sixers head Dr. or someone similar for months now, that seems almost like too much of a coincidence

Oakmont_4
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
If LBJ goes west..That leaves 2 legit, young ready to contend teams to run through the East. Boston, who will likely be quiet this summer and PHI who will likely look to make a splash (Leonard, George)

My ideal scenario - LBJ and George go to LAL
West teams to dominate - GS, HOU, LAL
East teams to dominate - BOS, PHI

Hopefully with George going to LAL, PHI would trade for KL (packaged around Fultz and picks)

Simmons, Embiid and Leonard big 3 competing with BOS Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum/Rozier. This would be gold for the NBA.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 08:34 AM
dont forget about the Homie, Saric!

warfelg
05-02-2018, 08:46 AM
dont forget about the Homie, Saric!

I think there's the assumption that he would be traded in that deal....then it's don't forget about RoCo.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 08:49 AM
ill gladly forgot about Cov! Also no way we would traded both Saric and Fultz for a player with 1 year left on his deal, that would not be smart.

Oakmont_4
05-02-2018, 09:07 AM
ill gladly forgot about Cov! Also no way we would traded both Saric and Fultz for a player with 1 year left on his deal, that would not be smart.

If you're getting back a top 5 NBA player you're really going to say no to keep Saric? I like the guy but he's not good enough to stop a trade like that.

TrueFan420
05-02-2018, 09:08 AM

Here's the thing you may not have the option. A lot comes down to what other teams are packaging and offering. The Spurs could also say fvck off to all and keep him and make anyone who wants to sign him wait a year and have to offer less then they can. He's a legit top 5 player that can do it all. If he says he wants to be with your team you make it work. Saric and Fultz probably won't get it done. Both Boston and LA can offer comparable or better offers.

Oakmont_4
05-02-2018, 09:14 AM
I'd assume SAS would want Fultz and one of Saric/Covington plus picks. SAS will push for Saric over Covington. To me, I'd still make that deal.

PHI doesn't have to match contracts because they'll likely be working under the cap. However to do that they'd have to renounce cap holds for Redick (who they will want back at a lower number) and Amir Johnson (who can walk or come back at a much lower number).

Fultz+Saric+picks for Leonard

PG Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
SG Redick/Korkmaz/TLC
SF Leonard/Anderson
PF Covington/Holmes
C Embiid/

Very solid team.

warfelg
05-02-2018, 09:15 AM

Your dislike of Cov is absurd.

warfelg
05-02-2018, 09:18 AM
I'd assume SAS would want Fultz and one of Saric/Covington plus picks. SAS will push for Saric over Covington. To me, I'd still make that deal.

PHI doesn't have to match contracts because they'll likely be working under the cap. However to do that they'd have to renounce cap holds for Redick (who they will want back at a lower number) and Amir Johnson (who can walk or come back at a much lower number).

Fultz+Saric+picks for Leonard

PG Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
SG Redick/Korkmaz/TLC
SF Leonard/Anderson
PF Covington/Holmes
C Embiid/

Very solid team.

I would too. Heck I would do it if it cost us all three. And frankly, we wouldn't have to renounce Redick if we do things right. Trading Fultz+Saric would account for near $11 mil; KL makes $20 mil. That's only $9mil increase to our cap, and we already have max space this summer. We could still have roughly $21mil in space. Stretch Bayless and that's nearly $27mil in space.

warfelg
05-02-2018, 09:19 AM
If you're getting back a top 5 NBA player you're really going to say no to keep Saric? I like the guy but he's not good enough to stop a trade like that.

Agreed.

I would start with Fultz + Saric + 2019 PHI/SAC pick (it's still ours if it's #1), and tell them the LAL pick and Robert Covington aren't off the table.

Oakmont_4
05-02-2018, 09:54 AM
I would too. Heck I would do it if it cost us all three. And frankly, we wouldn't have to renounce Redick if we do things right. Trading Fultz+Saric would account for near $11 mil; KL makes $20 mil. That's only $9mil increase to our cap, and we already have max space this summer. We could still have roughly $21mil in space. Stretch Bayless and that's nearly $27mil in space.

You would have to renounce Redick if it was only Fultz and Saric. If Cov is included you wouldn't need to renounce Redick

Total cap of signed players - $70.5M
(accounts for Embiid, Cov, Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Kork, Jolmes, TJ, TLC)

Cap holds are $44M for (Redick, Amir, Beli, Ily).

If you renounced everyone but Redick ($27.6M cap hold)...You'd have $98M in committed contracts on a $101M cap.

So if it were Fultz, Cov, Saric you can do it easily because those salaries would match. But just Fultz and Saric you'd be taking on $9M more but only having $3M to spare.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 09:55 AM

well he didnt play this season for mysterious reasons, he has 1 year left, the team has 0 leverage so i dont see how we would be the ones to give up a big haul when non of these other stars have gone for anything close to that kind of value (Fultz/Saric/Top 10 pick)

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Your dislike of Cov is absurd.

i more nothing him. hes ok, not gonna hurt one bit if we ever lose him.

Oakmont_4
05-02-2018, 09:58 AM
well he didnt play this season for mysterious reasons, he has 1 year left, the team has 0 leverage so i dont see how we would be the ones to give up a big haul when non of these other stars have gone for anything close to that kind of value (Fultz/Saric/Top 10 pick)

You have to because other teams will offer more. Also Fultz played about as much as Leonard so if you're going to devalue Leonard for that reason you have to devalue Fultz for the same reason.

You'd be competing with offers from teams like BOS who could offer up Brown or Tatum + Rozier or Smart and SAC pick (top 10). That easily beats your offer.

LAL can offer a package around Ingram...As of right now Ingram > Fultz

warfelg
05-02-2018, 10:15 AM
You would have to renounce Redick if it was only Fultz and Saric. If Cov is included you wouldn't need to renounce Redick

Total cap of signed players - $70.5M
(accounts for Embiid, Cov, Bayless, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, Anderson, Kork, Jolmes, TJ, TLC)

Cap holds are $44M for (Redick, Amir, Beli, Ily).

If you renounced everyone but Redick ($27.6M cap hold)...You'd have $98M in committed contracts on a $101M cap.

So if it were Fultz, Cov, Saric you can do it easily because those salaries would match. But just Fultz and Saric you'd be taking on $9M more but only having $3M to spare.

Like I said you can stretch Bayless and create near $6mil in space. Holmes and TJ are non-guaranteed contracts so they could be let go easily. That creates another $9mil in space. That offsets what would come in with a net cap change of 0.

And with Beli and Illy it would be a risky move, but renounce Amir, Beli, Illy; sign JJ (if you think he's getting up to his cap hold your insane) to a 3 year $30 mil deal, and you got the space for Beli and Illy, and you can being in Vet Min guys beyond that.

You're making it sound a lot tougher to do that it really is. We can do all of this pretty easily without renouncing JJ, resigning him, and having space to spare.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 10:35 AM
You have to because other teams will offer more. Also Fultz played about as much as Leonard so if you're going to devalue Leonard for that reason you have to devalue Fultz for the same reason.

You'd be competing with offers from teams like BOS who could offer up Brown or Tatum + Rozier or Smart and SAC pick (top 10). That easily beats your offer.

LAL can offer a package around Ingram...As of right now Ingram > Fultz

we have no idea what anyone will offer. everyone makes these same assumptions with every star thats traded and non of the returns are close to what gets discussed.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 11:29 AM
yea them too but Lakers suck and i dont see Leonard as an LA type guy but i guess you never know. He has been seeing the Sixers head Dr. or someone similar for months now, that seems almost like too much of a coincidence

Leonard is a SoCal guy through and through (born and raised in the L.A. area and went to school in San Diego). Both the Lakers and Clippers could put together strong packages for him. I do think Philly would be a great fit though.

warfelg
05-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Leonard is a SoCal guy through and through (born and raised in the L.A. area and went to school in San Diego). Both the Lakers and Clippers could put together strong packages for him. I do think Philly would be a great fit though.

Just because a player is from somewhere doesnít mean they want to play there.

lakerfan85
05-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Itís all BS speculation until free agency starts..

Scoots
05-02-2018, 12:07 PM

Even after it does start Kawhi isn't a free agent.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 12:26 PM

everyone should be pushing hard for him. i know very little about him other then hes a low maintenance, avoid the spotlight type of guy with a quiet demeanor. Doesnt seem like a NY or LA guy but NY has more appeal to play with KP there. I know Philly is major market too but Embiid loves the attention so he wouldnt have to worry as much.

lakerfan85
05-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Even after it does start Kawhi isn't a free agent.

Never said he was... I donít see anything happening before then was the point I was making..

tredigs
05-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Just because a player is from somewhere doesnít mean they want to play there.

Lol. He said he "didn't seem like an L.A. guy". I'm pointing out the irony in that statement as he is literally the definition of an "L.A. guy" (one who chose to play in SoCal for college at that). That, and both teams have the assets to trade for him. You don't have to be all about the glitz and glamour to want to play in Los Angeles. It's his home, I'm sure it holds a special intrigue.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Truthfully though, I'd be a bit surprised if Kawhi was dealt at all at this point.

kobe4thewinbang
05-02-2018, 08:58 PM
The fact that Kawhi is back in San Antonio now just makes it worse. Was it so hard to be there before? I'm sure they'll meet, but I'm definitely on the "he gets traded" side of predictions at this point.

Wondering what the Lakers will wind up shooting for this summer.

How much Durant will get...said he won't take pay cuts anymore.

Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, lots of other free agents that could go somewhere exciting.

Don't know a lick about the draftees but what else is new.

Firefistus
05-02-2018, 11:27 PM
I honestly believe he would fit in flawlessly on Utah. But we would rather wait for him to be a free agent rather than trade for him.

TheDish87
05-03-2018, 01:11 PM
you dont have enough to trade for him anyway.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:26 PM
I can't think of a better place for Kawhi to play in than the Celtics, honestly. It would've been great if Celtics never signed Hayward (who I think is very overrated) because Kawhi with Brad Stevens IMO, works just as well with Pop. Brad Stevens has GOAT NBA coach potential. Dude is freaking 41 years old and coaches better than anyone in the league right now maybe outside Pop.

warfelg
05-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Other than one of the coaches credited with developing him is the HC in Philly, but letís just roll past that one [emoji57]

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Other than one of the coaches credited with developing him is the HC in Philly, but letís just roll past that one [emoji57]

I forgot not to talk about Sixers-related news with Warfelg. Clearly way too emotional with Sixers-related subjects. I could tell you why it's irrelevant but I guess we should credit Paul Silas for developing LeBron.

kdspurman
05-03-2018, 02:46 PM
The fact that Kawhi is back in San Antonio now just makes it worse. Was it so hard to be there before? I'm sure they'll meet, but I'm definitely on the "he gets traded" side of predictions at this point.

Wondering what the Lakers will wind up shooting for this summer.

How much Durant will get...said he won't take pay cuts anymore.

Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, lots of other free agents that could go somewhere exciting.

Don't know a lick about the draftees but what else is new.

He's back because the team will be doing exit interviews, and he's there for Pop's wife's memorial services that are upcoming. I'm not surprised he wasn't there for the playoffs personally.

1. he was still rehabbing, and his focus was/has been to get 100%
2. it would have likely been a distraction the team (or he) didn't want. not to say they didn't want his support, but it was important for them to be focused on just basketball and not deal w/other questions. I don't think Kawhi wanted to deal with that either.

It was reported that if Pop had returned to coach in Game 3 or 4, he would have flown back to be with the team & with Pop.

warfelg
05-03-2018, 03:53 PM
I forgot not to talk about Sixers-related news with Warfelg. Clearly way too emotional with Sixers-related subjects. I could tell you why it's irrelevant but I guess we should credit Paul Silas for developing LeBron.

Of course Boston is a great place to play for a lot of guys. Itís also going to be a challenge for them to get them.

The point was you donít think the coach that worked with him for a while and helped develop his game would be a great spot for him? Thereís a couple of great spots for him because of ties to the Spurs from when KL was rounding his game into shape.

So Bostonís a good place but at what cost? Is it worth it if it costs Boston Brown/Tatum (youth), Horford/Heyward (salary), and Picks (add to the youth)? Because then it would tie up cap, force them to have to sign Smart and or Rozier when the time comes, and go VM for centers and center depth. On the surface it makes them better because itís a top player, but it hurts things like depth and ability to defend size.

IMO Boston doesnít need a swing for the fences move anymore. Theyíve done that 3 straight off seasons. They need to tweak the edges and build with what they have.

And thatís not some anti-Boston or hate talk. Itís the truth. The cost and value to Boston to obtain Kawhi is too high.

warfelg
05-03-2018, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzByC_5nK_4

NEW GAME OF ZONES!

Scoots
05-03-2018, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzByC_5nK_4

NEW GAME OF ZONES!

"Hunting for fowls, it's what I do."

kobe4thewinbang
05-03-2018, 11:39 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/jokics-agent-advises-nuggets-not-to-pick-up-option.html

Jokicís agent trying to play hard-ball, get his client a max contract a year early. I like it, but it could be problematic given the consensus that only a few teams have a lot of cap space this summer compared to the next year. I donít even think the Nuggets have enough money to do it, since they already extended Harris and signed Millsap. Gonna look it up when I get home.

Do you think think this a smart play? I guess the agent is saying 1) not many teams can steal him away from you guys this summer so itís best to lock him up now, and 2) if you make him wait another year, heís not likely to stay.

At the end of the day, Nuggets have the leverage but I think theyíll mull it over first. I think Jokic is talented, but heís not emerged fully yet and I donít know if heís worth 4-5 years at a high salary!

warfelg
05-03-2018, 11:45 PM
"Hunting for fowls, it's what I do."

That's the line that got me really going. That and turning him into a Kardashian.

FlashBolt
05-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Of course Boston is a great place to play for a lot of guys. Itís also going to be a challenge for them to get them.

The point was you donít think the coach that worked with him for a while and helped develop his game would be a great spot for him? Thereís a couple of great spots for him because of ties to the Spurs from when KL was rounding his game into shape.

So Bostonís a good place but at what cost? Is it worth it if it costs Boston Brown/Tatum (youth), Horford/Heyward (salary), and Picks (add to the youth)? Because then it would tie up cap, force them to have to sign Smart and or Rozier when the time comes, and go VM for centers and center depth. On the surface it makes them better because itís a top player, but it hurts things like depth and ability to defend size.

IMO Boston doesnít need a swing for the fences move anymore. Theyíve done that 3 straight off seasons. They need to tweak the edges and build with what they have.

And thatís not some anti-Boston or hate talk. Itís the truth. The cost and value to Boston to obtain Kawhi is too high.

It was in reference to Kawhi replacing Hayward instead, though. I still think Kawhi on the Celtics would be legit because Stevens knows how to get a system going like Pop where players are all buying into the system. It's an easy transition for Kawhi. Plus, Kyrie would be looked at as the 1st option on that team because even though Kawhi is better, Kyrie's got that alpha personality and elite scoring ability. You respond back by saying Brett Brown is credited for Kawhi's growth.. Brett wasn't even any level of coach for the Spurs and he was only there for Kawhi's first two seasons!

warfelg
05-04-2018, 08:22 AM
It was in reference to Kawhi replacing Hayward instead, though. I still think Kawhi on the Celtics would be legit because Stevens knows how to get a system going like Pop where players are all buying into the system. It's an easy transition for Kawhi. Plus, Kyrie would be looked at as the 1st option on that team because even though Kawhi is better, Kyrie's got that alpha personality and elite scoring ability. You respond back by saying Brett Brown is credited for Kawhi's growth.. Brett wasn't even any level of coach for the Spurs and he was only there for Kawhi's first two seasons!

So what's your proposed deal if Kawhi is replacing Hayward? Would it be legit if it costs them too much and they lose a lot around him that helps make Boston what they are right now?

And we know very little about Kawhi, so who's to say that he would want that? Maybe he wants to be some place that needs him, or wants him to take the lead offensively. Maybe he wants to be place where he would have a guy like Kyrie. Maybe he wants a place that has a strong system in place, maybe he wants to be at a place that's a little more free form.

So the comment of that's the best place for him because of the system he's coming from shouldn't be a given IMO. Just because of how little we know about him.

warfelg
05-04-2018, 10:37 AM
I know itís SAS but today he proposed KL for KI swap.

I imagine Boston says yes in a heart beat. But for SAS it doesnít make a great deal of sense. SAS are giving up the better two way more versatile player. And on top of that they seem very happy with Murray at PG.

kobe4thewinbang
05-04-2018, 05:20 PM

I imagine Boston says yes in a heart beat. But for SAS it doesnít make a great deal of sense. SAS are giving up the better two way more versatile player. And on top of that they seem very happy with Murray at PG.Take it as you wish, but SA was reportedly interested in Kyrie but lacked the assets, since at the time the Kawhi-ghtmare hadnít started yet and outside of Leonard they couldnít offer much. I would agree with you, and even though Kawhi has proved himself as a quality and capable scorer, heís not Kyrieís level. Iím not the biggest fan of Kyrie especially his hero ball in the final game last year, but if Spurs fail to mend things with Leonard, if they can get Kyrie for him, I think theyíd do it. The other argument is that theyíd want some young players instead that show promise and good defense, but itís Kyrie, yíall. Ainge has shown that he is willing to make bold moves, so if Kyrieís knee looks suspect and the Spurs fail to reconcile with Leonard, itís possible. Celtics would no longer have a A+ score-first PG, and they are stacked at Kawhiís position. Just depends on if theyíre willing to trade Kyrie and like Tatum or Morris or someone similar to Kawhi for it to make sense, might even ask for Dejounte.

warfelg
05-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Take it as you wish, but SA was reportedly interested in Kyrie but lacked the assets, since at the time the Kawhi-ghtmare hadnít started yet and outside of Leonard they couldnít offer much. I would agree with you, and even though Kawhi has proved himself as a quality and capable scorer, heís not Kyrieís level. Iím not the biggest fan of Kyrie especially his hero ball in the final game last year, but if Spurs fail to mend things with Leonard, if they can get Kyrie for him, I think theyíd do it. The other argument is that theyíd want some young players instead that show promise and good defense, but itís Kyrie, yíall. Ainge has shown that he is willing to make bold moves, so if Kyrieís knee looks suspect and the Spurs fail to reconcile with Leonard, itís possible. Celtics would no longer have a A+ score-first PG, and they are stacked at Kawhiís position. Just depends on if theyíre willing to trade Kyrie and like Tatum or Morris or someone similar to Kawhi for it to make sense, might even ask for Dejounte.

But you hint at another reason why I doubt SAS would do something like that....Kyrie's knee. You think after this, after the IT thing, that a GM and Coach as smart as RC and Pops would run a risk like that? I know there's risk taking on KL with his own injuries, but if the C's are so fast to move Kyrie like that I would be sending up red flags so fast questioning why they are so willing to do that.

hugepatsfan
05-05-2018, 08:29 AM

I imagine Boston says yes in a heart beat. But for SAS it doesnít make a great deal of sense. SAS are giving up the better two way more versatile player. And on top of that they seem very happy with Murray at PG.

SA is going to be giving up the better two way more versatile player in any deal. KL is a top 5 player in the game. Realistically though, no one is going to offer a player better than Kyrie is now. So SA would be ďcurtting their lossesĒ so to speak. ďOk, we canít have a top 5 player because he doesnít want to be here. But we can lock in a top 15-20 guy through his prime.Ē (Obviously theyíd have to review medicals and talk extension to get a feel for that.)

All the rumors have been about Fultz, Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Ingram, Saric, Kuzma, etc. All super young and talented players. But thereís no guarantee theyíre ever as good as Kyrie, never mind KL. And their primes donít really line up with LMAís. With Kyrie and LMA youíd have a top duo over the next 3 years that Pop can work with.

That would be the SA rationale. I think theyíd be offered enough quality young talent that itís be worth going for youth though and taking the step back.

warfelg
05-05-2018, 09:28 AM
See, I donít see RC and Pops being the type that care about the window for a single player; rather long term overall health of the franchise. Thatís why I personally think they would go with the youth.

Thereís the part I already covered of if Ainge is willing to turn around and trade Kyrie that quick, thatís really going on with the knee that frankly has been a problem his whole career? When teams willingly give up a guy that likes being there, but is injured, I have some red flags.

The last part I see, and covered, is the Spurs really like Murray. I get Kyrie is much better, but if they like a player, the move creates a hole elsewhere, and you donít have an easy way to fix it, then is the move worth it. So trading KL for Kyrie leaves a huge hole at SF, and they struggled there all year, so it would mean maybe trading Murray for a replacement at SF.

I think itís one of those suggestions that on the surface sounds great, but when you deep dive in the implications it doesnít really make sense for San Antonio.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2018, 01:39 PM
If the Lakers offer Ingram, Hart, Zubac, CLE 1st, LAL '19 1st for Kawhi...Do the Spurs say no?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

warfelg
05-05-2018, 02:00 PM
If the Lakers offer Ingram, Hart, Zubac, CLE 1st, LAL '19 1st for Kawhi...Do the Spurs say no?

You can't do that due to the Stepein Rule. Unless you drafted a player and then traded the player. But that would mean either a draft night trade or knowing who the Spurs would take.

KobeOwnSU
05-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Only if it's your pick in consecutive years.

Dade County
05-05-2018, 11:36 PM

The past couple of all star level players haven't really been traded for the house. Teams won't have to give up so called a lot for Kawhi. Also it depends on if he has a list.

Because if he doesn't have a so called list of teams, you can imagine... Teams won't give up a lot for a rental, special small market teams. Lakers would give up whatever because Kawhi is from that area & the believe they could sale him. Also they would be able to draw more stars there.

Agreed

Truthfully though, I'd be a bit surprised if Kawhi was dealt at all at this point.

Agreed

warfelg
05-06-2018, 08:54 AM
The past couple of all star level players haven't really been traded for the house. Teams won't have to give up so called a lot for Kawhi. Also it depends on if he has a list.

Because if he doesn't have a so called list of teams, you can imagine... Teams won't give up a lot for a rental, special small market teams. Lakers would give up whatever because Kawhi is from that area & the believe they could sale him. Also they would be able to draw more stars there.

Fair enough, but we don't know if he has a list or not. All we know is the leak that he wants to have a big market. We dunno if he has a list of teams.

For the Celtics, someone with big money needs to move (basically). I think they might be able to do it if the renounce every FA, and do a Tatum/Brown, Morris package. But that would also mean that they can't bring back Greg Monroe, Marcus Smart, Aron Baynes, Shane Larkin. I know two of those might likely be expendable.

That would give them:
Kyrie - Rozier
Brown - ???
Hayward - Nader
Leonard - Ojeleye - Yabusele
Horford - Theis

That's a great starting lineup and all but they can't play 40+ minutes all the time. I get that they could pick around for some minimum salary guys. But that's riskier than it sounds. You're betting on Leonard being successful as a full time 4, and that he'll be ok with that and willing to resign doing it.

hugepatsfan
05-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Fair enough, but we don't know if he has a list or not. All we know is the leak that he wants to have a big market. We dunno if he has a list of teams.

For the Celtics, someone with big money needs to move (basically). I think they might be able to do it if the renounce every FA, and do a Tatum/Brown, Morris package. But that would also mean that they can't bring back Greg Monroe, Marcus Smart, Aron Baynes, Shane Larkin. I know two of those might likely be expendable.

That would give them:
Kyrie - Rozier
Brown - ???
Hayward - Nader
Leonard - Ojeleye - Yabusele
Horford - Theis

That's a great starting lineup and all but they can't play 40+ minutes all the time. I get that they could pick around for some minimum salary guys. But that's riskier than it sounds. You're betting on Leonard being successful as a full time 4, and that he'll be ok with that and willing to resign doing it.

I don't understand why BOS has to renounce their FAs. They'd be over the cap and match salaries in the trade. No reason at all for them to have to renounce their FAs. Now, with the salary constraints of that team Smart would probably be too expensive for them to retain in their budget. Particularly with Rozier being a fine backup PG and Semi being a defensive stopper. But Baynes? Non-bird rights let them bring him back at 120% of this year's $4.328M salary without dipping into exceptions. Seems likely with how well he's played and the flexibility that preserves. It fits him in the tax payer's MLE range too which is fair for him too IMO.

And speaking of extensions, before they start chasing MLE guys they'd have the tax payer's MLE ($5.192M last year - can't find 2018-19 estimate) and the bi-annual exception ($3.29M), price range in which they'd probably be among the most popular destinations.

Minor detail but in your trade Yabusele would need to be included in the deal along with Nader's non-guaranteed deal to match salary.

So, I think if BOS did make the Tatum based deal you suggest I think the picture would be:

Kyrie / Rozier
KL / (MLE signing)
Hayward / Brown
Horford / Ojeleye
Baynes / Theis

Like I said, Smart is probably gone in this scenario so the MLE gives a cheaper alternative to fill that last second unit spot. I assumed they'd try to bring Brown off the bench to balance out but he'd obviously be in to close over Baynes. Not really important - point is, that's the 10 man rotation.

Those 10 guys would cost a combined $121,703,810 next year. The luxury tax is expected to be $123M. So BOS would be over by a few million once they fill out the last 5 spots.

So, maybe they'd go a little cheap. Instead of Baynes for that full non-bird exemption they use the bi-annual exception for a rotational big to save $2M. Should be doable. And maybe they go a little lower on the FA pecking order and use let's say $3.5M of the MLE instead of the full amount. Should still be able to get a solid rotational player, even it's just bringing back Larkin who they already have.

But anyway, I think you really cut out a lot of steps to where they're going to have to use Nader as a second unit player. You jumped over the rest of the offseason besides the trade.

Heediot
05-06-2018, 09:54 AM
I think the Suns go Doncic if he's available now since, the New Coach guided Dragic and Doncic to the european title with Slovenia. Not a sure thing, but the Doncic train for Phoenix got a big spike.

warfelg
05-06-2018, 10:18 AM
I don't understand why BOS has to renounce their FAs. They'd be over the cap and match salaries in the trade. No reason at all for them to have to renounce their FAs.

Might want to check where I said if they do a Kawhi deal without matching salaries. I was responding to where beasted said teams haven't been giving up a lot in star player deals. Salary wise, outside of the 3 max contracts, Boston has a lot of smaller deals. It's a challenge to salary match in that case, so the next bet is doing an unbalanced salary trade, which means getting under the cap by the amount that's going unmatched.

hugepatsfan
05-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Might want to check where I said if they do a Kawhi deal without matching salaries. I was responding to where beasted said teams haven't been giving up a lot in star player deals. Salary wise, outside of the 3 max contracts, Boston has a lot of smaller deals. It's a challenge to salary match in that case, so the next bet is doing an unbalanced salary trade, which means getting under the cap by the amount that's going unmatched.

Gotcha. I didn't think he meant not a lot in terms of salary but in terms of talent/picks.

BOS does have kind of a divide in salary. 3 high salaries then a bunch of low salaries. Part of why I want to re-sign Smart is just for the sake of having some salary to work with in trades down the road TBH.

I do think it's fine for a Kawhi deal. Like I said in my last post, Tatum/Morris/Yabu/Nader(non-guaranteed) works for KL. I imagine BOS would push for Brown instead of Tatum though in which case either Theis or Semi would need to be added (also non-guaranteed but I imagine SA would actually want to keep either). And then SA counters with probably wanting Rozier too if they're getting Brown instead of Tatum in which case BOS is giving up more than enough salary.

All of the stars getting traded now are, for the most part, under old CBA deals. So BOS is fine for now. Once it's guys under current CBA deals getting moves there will be salary matching issues as BOS is currently constructed because they lack the ability to match those salaries without giving up too much talent because the deals are so small.

warfelg
05-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Gotcha. I didn't think he meant not a lot in terms of salary but in terms of talent/picks.

BOS does have kind of a divide in salary. 3 high salaries then a bunch of low salaries. Part of why I want to re-sign Smart is just for the sake of having some salary to work with in trades down the road TBH.

I do think it's fine for a Kawhi deal. Like I said in my last post, Tatum/Morris/Yabu/Nader(non-guaranteed) works for KL. I imagine BOS would push for Brown instead of Tatum though in which case either Theis or Semi would need to be added (also non-guaranteed but I imagine SA would actually want to keep either). And then SA counters with probably wanting Rozier too if they're getting Brown instead of Tatum in which case BOS is giving up more than enough salary.

All of the stars getting traded now are, for the most part, under old CBA deals. So BOS is fine for now. Once it's guys under current CBA deals getting moves there will be salary matching issues as BOS is currently constructed because they lack the ability to match those salaries without giving up too much talent because the deals are so small.

Yea, unfortunately for you guys I see those things as highly linked together. Outside of Brown/Tatum, the talent is high money. That's where having a better "NBA Middle class" ($8mil-15mil deals) is so important. But as I've railed at these superteams have hurt the NBA middle class.

Like I look at the PG13/Dipo-Sabo deal. Indy should have gotten more, but Dipo making $21 mil a year, rather than the NBA middle class of $12mil hurt them. If he was making $12 mil, that means that OKC would have had to add more salary to the deal, meaning Indy would have gotten more talent. (I mean there were other issues with that but it's a good example of what I'm talking about)

I think it could be made to work, but it's going to take major sacrifices. Especially if you are trying to retain Kyrie, Kawhi, and Gordon long term, even with Horford's contract is up, whichever of Brown or Tatum is left will likely way a max. That means having to sacrifice someone unless ownership is willing to pay a big tax.

What could make that tougher on you guys: Kawhi and Kyrie both have player options for the 2019-2020 season that (unless something bad happens) I can see them both wanting to opt out of for the 30% max (raising each of their salaries by $10-12mil a year). That's the year of Horfords Player Option as well. You could be looking at a $64 mil new contracts to go with the $62 mil that could stay on. What does that mean for Brown getting an extension that year (or Tatum the year after).

Trust me, as I'm running through these things for my Sixers too. We're going to have our own decisions to make, especially if we get a 4 year max this year as it will likely mean only 2 of Fultz (if he develops), Simmons, Saric will be on this team long term. We might have to dump some other guys (like RoCo), and get creative with retaining some other players.

hugepatsfan
05-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Yea, unfortunately for you guys I see those things as highly linked together. Outside of Brown/Tatum, the talent is high money. That's where having a better "NBA Middle class" ($8mil-15mil deals) is so important. But as I've railed at these superteams have hurt the NBA middle class.

Like I look at the PG13/Dipo-Sabo deal. Indy should have gotten more, but Dipo making $21 mil a year, rather than the NBA middle class of $12mil hurt them. If he was making $12 mil, that means that OKC would have had to add more salary to the deal, meaning Indy would have gotten more talent. (I mean there were other issues with that but it's a good example of what I'm talking about)

I think it could be made to work, but it's going to take major sacrifices. Especially if you are trying to retain Kyrie, Kawhi, and Gordon long term, even with Horford's contract is up, whichever of Brown or Tatum is left will likely way a max. That means having to sacrifice someone unless ownership is willing to pay a big tax.

What could make that tougher on you guys: Kawhi and Kyrie both have player options for the 2019-2020 season that (unless something bad happens) I can see them both wanting to opt out of for the 30% max (raising each of their salaries by $10-12mil a year). That's the year of Horfords Player Option as well. You could be looking at a $64 mil new contracts to go with the $62 mil that could stay on. What does that mean for Brown getting an extension that year (or Tatum the year after).

Trust me, as I'm running through these things for my Sixers too. We're going to have our own decisions to make, especially if we get a 4 year max this year as it will likely mean only 2 of Fultz (if he develops), Simmons, Saric will be on this team long term. We might have to dump some other guys (like RoCo), and get creative with retaining some other players.

I don't think Hayward will be here for a second deal. As of right now, Brown is set to come due for an extension the year Horford expires and Tatum is set to become due for his the year Hayward expires. That's assuming that Horford and Hayward opt into their 4th years, a given for Horford and probably likely for Hayward.

Horford's deal will expire after his age 33 season. At that age and not being an elite player I wouldn't expect max deals. He'd have already made over $200M in his career at that point. I'd expect them to work something out at that point where he could end his career in Boston. Kind of like the deals Dirk/KG/Duncan signed in the past (Dirk ended up getting another huge deal because Dallas had no one else to spend on but I mean the deal before his current one). If Horford wants a huge deal though then he's probably gone.

Hayward on the other hand will expire after his age 30 season - probably young enough to get another huge deal. I'd think if there's a decision to be made he's the one to go. Kyrie is younger and better. Brown and Tatum are way younger and better investments. Hayward is just the odd man out if it comes to that.

Tp bring it back to KL, I don't think we'll offer Tatum. I can see us offering everything else though if they think he'll stay. In that case, KL's salary just takes over for Brown. It would have to kick in one year early so it puts an extra stress on the tax but after that one year the scenarios I explained above carry through.

Forever35
05-06-2018, 08:36 PM
I don't think Hayward will be here for a second deal. That's assuming that Horford and Hayward opt into their 4th years, a given for Horford and probably likely for Hayward.

Horford's deal will expire after his age 33 season. At that age and not being an elite player I wouldn't expect max deals. He'd have already made over $200M in his career at that point. I'd expect them to work something out at that point where he could end his career in Boston. Kind of like the deals Dirk/KG/Duncan signed in the past (Dirk ended up getting another huge deal because Dallas had no one else to spend on but I mean the deal before his current one). If Horford wants a huge deal though then he's probably gone.

Hayward on the other hand will expire after his age 30 season - probably young enough to get another huge deal. I'd think if there's a decision to be made he's the one to go. Kyrie is younger and better. Brown and Tatum are way younger and better investments. Hayward is just the odd man out if it comes to that.

Horford absolutely opts in... Hayward will be a tough one to judge... He's not necessarily gonna be the man in green next season... Kyrie will probably lead in ppg followed by a tight group of GH, JT and JB... I think at 30 Hayward can get a 100+mil deal, but IMO not in Boston... If JB and JT continue to show growth next season, IMO DA and Stevens gives them the Lillard and McCollum type deals... The difference between those two duo's is the height and length is such an advantage for the C's...

TheDish87
05-07-2018, 10:00 AM
I think the Suns go Doncic if he's available now since, the New Coach guided Dragic and Doncic to the european title with Slovenia. Not a sure thing, but the Doncic train for Phoenix got a big spike.

if the Suns pass on Ayton the GM should be fired.

warfelg
05-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Only if it's your pick in consecutive years.

Nope. It's having a 1st round pick in general.

tredigs
05-07-2018, 12:09 PM

Doncic is going to be a special player imo (well, he is. We are talking about a guy who is already leading/crushing in the 2nd best league in the world as a teenager. He's a proven star). And I'm fairly certain their hire was in fact specifically tailored to drafting him. That all said, if Ayton has a strong work ethic (I don't know much about him other than a few Arizona games I caught... I was hoping to catch more in the tourney... But so much for that), he's also going to be special, and it fills a huge need for them.

Rest assure though, if Doncic doesn't go 1, he will go 2. And, signs point to him going 1.

Scoots
05-07-2018, 09:00 PM

I'm sure someone said that about Sam Bowie too.

ewing
05-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have any info on Ron Baker's off season regimen? I must know

Tg11
05-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Kawhi Leonard to the Celtics if that happens it is a wrap for all of y'all if we can lure Kawhi to Boston somehow via trade

Oakmont_4
05-09-2018, 06:39 AM
Kawhi Leonard to the Celtics if that happens it is a wrap for all of y'all if we can lure Kawhi to Boston somehow via trade

I wouldn't bet on that happening. But IF it did, all depends on what we gave up in return. SAS isn't going to hand him over for nothing.

I would honestly be shocked to see BOS and SAS make a trade...Generally well run organizations do not trade with each other. They prey on the poorly run organizations. Well run organizations make trades and win them. It's possible there's a win-win trade here between these organizations but I'm skeptical Danny would give into SAS demands (likely 1 or both of Brown/Tatum + Rozier + picks)

warfelg
05-09-2018, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't bet on that happening. But IF it did, all depends on what we gave up in return. SAS isn't going to hand him over for nothing.

I would honestly be shocked to see BOS and SAS make a trade...Generally well run organizations do not trade with each other. They prey on the poorly run organizations. Well run organizations make trades and win them. It's possible there's a win-win trade here between these organizations but I'm skeptical Danny would give into SAS demands (likely 1 or both of Brown/Tatum + Rozier + picks)

Agreed on many counts. Iím also skeptical that RC and Pops would take anything less too. They donít trade all that often but when they do they really get their moneyís worth so to speak. I think the last move they made was Hill for Leonard.

tp13baby
05-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Brown Rozier and there amount of picks The Cís have I think you make that trade for either side. I think itís a good deal for either side.

warfelg
05-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Brown Rozier and there amount of picks The Cís have I think you make that trade for either side. I think itís a good deal for either side.

The issue there is we know how Ainge is a penny pincher as a trader. So would he be willing to give that?

TrueFan420
05-09-2018, 11:05 PM
The issue there is we know how Ainge is a penny pincher as a trader. So would he be willing to give that?
If he thinks it wins them a championship I suspect he does.

WaDe03
05-10-2018, 12:05 PM
What about Hayward Rozier and the Kongís 1st for Kawhi and Mills?

Cal827
05-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Sorry to interrupt your Kawhi talk guys and further apologies for bringing up an unrelated idea, but I'm thinking if Toronto decides to change the team in a massive way, the Knicks could be a team they talk with. We know the Knicks have a lot of contracts that they want to lose as they apparently want to make a run at a big name free agent to help with. Having another star player there alongside KP could help them with that:

In this deal, the Knicks would acquire Derozan from Toronto, and would get cap space by dumping a bunch of bad contracts. In exchange, the Raptors get Ntilkina and the Knicks first in this upcoming draft, and maybe a conditional lotto protected first in the future (or maybe another team can come in and give a late first or early 2nd for Miles)

Knicks

Noah
Hardaway Jr.
Lance Thomas
Frank Ntilkina
2018 First Round Pick

Raptors:

Derozan
Miles
Richardson
2019 second round pick (protected)
2020 second round pick

In this deal, the Raptors get youth to try to rebuild the team with Ntilkina and that first, while the Knicks get the best player in the deal and get rid of 3 long, 2 really bad contracts. In addition, the Raptors have Trade Exception from the Carroll Deal.

A Deal to supplement that would be for the Raptors to swap the TPE for Courtney Lee (as I think it currently can absorb Lee's contract until the start of the 2018 season)

These deals would get rid of the annoying contracts that New York has, and in addition would clear them of almost 20 million in salary. If Kanter opts out of his contract (like he's expected too), Their salary would be at around 60 million range, which gives them space to make a max contract offer to one guy. They can subsequently resign O'quinn and just plain build around try to build around Derozan-James/George-KP.

Of course, I highly doubt this happens mainly b/c the Raptors are probably gonna be indecisive for the next few months (this requires the Raptors and Knicks to move fast before the draft/season change), and the Knicks would still be taking a huge risk, b/c if they can't get James or George, then they'll have to be absolutely perfect with their other acquisitions in order to make the Knicks a legitimate contending team. And the fact that they dealt away their youth to go all in, would have severe repercussions if they just because an early playoff exit team :laugh2:

Oakmont_4
05-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Ainge doesn't make "fair trades". Ainge makes trades where he wins. And when they're of the blockbuster variety...He wins big.

Oakmont_4
05-10-2018, 05:15 PM
What about Hayward Rozier and the Kongís 1st for Kawhi and Mills?

Why would SAS want Hayward? If they're trading Leonard, that signal rebuild. Hayward is a middle aged All Star but not Super Star coming off an injury.

SAS will want equal talent back or an abundance of young players with big upside and picks. Not a 30 year old on a new MAX contract coming off a pretty serious injury.

Oakmont_4
05-10-2018, 05:25 PM

He wouldn't.

I just don't see a trade that works here, at least the teams are constructed now.

My view is Ainge won't part with Tatum, Brown, Kyrie or Horford.

I think he would part with Hayward but SAS won't be interested in him.

Morris, Rozier, Nader, Yabusele, Ojeleye would all be on the table but that won't be enough in return no matter how many picks Ainge stacks on top and it wouldn't work salary wise.

The wildcard is Marcus Smart. Ainge loves him and likely wants him back. But if he was potentially the centerpiece of a deal that included picks....a Sign and Trade could work. I'm sure Pop would love Smart, but he's likely not enticing enough to deal a top 5 NBA player for...Unless the situation becomes dire (unlikely) and better offers aren't out there (also unlikely).

However, I wouldn't rule it out entirely. A package of Smart, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, Ojeleye and a boatload of draft picks (SAC, MEM, LAC, + 2 more future BOS firsts) MAYBE could get it done...Again, the situation would need to be dire. Also this would have to be broken into 2 separate trades because Smart would have to be a Sign and Trade and salaries need to match.

The breakup could be tricky as well. 1. Smart has to agree to go to SAS (I think he would). 2. Smart can't be dealt with any other players. He'd have to sign for $18-20M (overpay) to make the money work. However if SAS is rebuilding maybe they can convince Smart to take a bloated contract for 1 or 2 years and forgo getting a long term contract (win-win for Smart and SAS).

Then you could turn around in a separate trade and ship over Morris, Rozier, Ojeleye, Yabusele and the draft picks (5 first round picks - SAC, MEM, LAC, 2 BOS 1st)) for a guy like Danny Green (who would also have to opt into his contract first, shouldn't be hard) who'd be on a 1 year $10M deal which is attractive to Boston.

Boston would be scary

Irving/Larkin
Hayward/Green
Leonard/Brown
Horford/Tatum
Baynes/Theis

SAS would have a ton of assets to maneuver however they so choose. I'd assume they'd deal Aldridge as well for a package of picks and young guys and basically start the BOS rebuild model. Collect a ton of assets, clear bad contracts and start to rebuild from scratch while have a solid coach and system in place and playing competitive basketball...Drafting high in the draft with other teams picks.

IKnowHoops
05-10-2018, 11:43 PM

Pop would not trade Kawai to Boston without getting Tatum as part of it unless you have him Brown, kyrie, Hayward, pick...I donít think you want to trade with SA

IKnowHoops
05-10-2018, 11:47 PM
He wouldn't.

I just don't see a trade that works here, at least the teams are constructed now.

My view is Ainge won't part with Tatum, Brown, Kyrie or Horford.

I think he would part with Hayward but SAS won't be interested in him.

Morris, Rozier, Nader, Yabusele, Ojeleye would all be on the table but that won't be enough in return no matter how many picks Ainge stacks on top and it wouldn't work salary wise.

The wildcard is Marcus Smart. Ainge loves him and likely wants him back. But if he was potentially the centerpiece of a deal that included picks....a Sign and Trade could work. I'm sure Pop would love Smart, but he's likely not enticing enough to deal a top 5 NBA player for...Unless the situation becomes dire (unlikely) and better offers aren't out there (also unlikely).

However, I wouldn't rule it out entirely. A package of Smart, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, Ojeleye and a boatload of draft picks (SAC, MEM, LAC, + 2 more future BOS firsts) MAYBE could get it done...Again, the situation would need to be dire. Also this would have to be broken into 2 separate trades because Smart would have to be a Sign and Trade and salaries need to match.

The breakup could be tricky as well. 1. Smart has to agree to go to SAS (I think he would). 2. Smart can't be dealt with any other players. He'd have to sign for $18-20M (overpay) to make the money work. However if SAS is rebuilding maybe they can convince Smart to take a bloated contract for 1 or 2 years and forgo getting a long term contract (win-win for Smart and SAS).

Then you could turn around in a separate trade and ship over Morris, Rozier, Ojeleye, Yabusele and the draft picks (5 first round picks - SAC, MEM, LAC, 2 BOS 1st)) for a guy like Danny Green (who would also have to opt into his contract first, shouldn't be hard) who'd be on a 1 year $10M deal which is attractive to Boston.

Boston would be scary

Irving/Larkin
Hayward/Green
Leonard/Brown
Horford/Tatum
Baynes/Theis

SAS would have a ton of assets to maneuver however they so choose. I'd assume they'd deal Aldridge as well for a package of picks and young guys and basically start the BOS rebuild model. Collect a ton of assets, clear bad contracts and start to rebuild from scratch while have a solid coach and system in place and playing competitive basketball...Drafting high in the draft with other teams picks.

PG Ben Simmons
SG Paul George
SF Lebron
PF Sauric
C. Embiid

But if this happens, and Iím predicting that something very similar to this will...you got absolutely no shot at all.

Dade County
05-11-2018, 01:02 AM
PG Ben Simmons
SG Paul George
SF Lebron
PF Sauric
C. Embiid

But if this happens, and Iím predicting that something very similar to this will...you got absolutely no shot at all.

I do believe Lbj & Paul will end up on the same time, this upcoming free agency. I just don't know if Lbj would pick the 6ers as that organization.

Lakers & 76ers are whats on everyones mind but there might be a dark hours team out there.

Mr.B
05-11-2018, 01:39 AM
What would it take for the Cavs to sign Cousins and if they could, would they want him?

Cal827
05-11-2018, 03:56 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'd find it hilarious (Heat fans like Dade would find this entertaining), if Riley was working wonders behind the scenes and he's able to convince LBJ and George to go to Miami in the offseason :laugh2:

Oakmont_4
05-11-2018, 06:10 AM
PG Ben Simmons
SG Paul George
SF Lebron
PF Sauric
C. Embiid

Well, that's not going to happen so I'm not worried. And it's Saric...

Oakmont_4
05-11-2018, 06:13 AM
What would it take for the Cavs to sign Cousins and if they could, would they want him?

They'd absolutely want him. However signing him would quite the task. The amount of money they'd have to clear off the books would be extremely difficult. To move the players with bad contracts you likely have to attach attractive assets as well...Which they don't have many.

Easiest scenario would be a sign and trade sending Love for Cousins. But then you'd need NO to go along with it. NO would rather keep Cousins. But if Cousins wanted to go to CLE bad enough and tells NO he won't re-sign with them, then I guess Love isn't a terrible consolation prize.

Saddletramp
05-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Well, that's not going to happen so I'm not worried. And it's Saric...

And itís IKnowHoops

TheDish87
05-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Ainge doesn't make "fair trades". Ainge makes trades where he wins. And when they're of the blockbuster variety...He wins big.

until he doesnt

ewing
05-11-2018, 08:43 AM
What's Damyean Dotson up to?

WaDe03
05-11-2018, 09:29 AM
PG Ben Simmons
SG Paul George
SF Lebron
PF Sauric
C. Embiid

They would definitely have a shot, especially if PGs playoffs this year werenít a fluke. The Sixers lost in 5 and add LeBron and PG while losing shooting. The Celtics won in 5 and add Kyrie, Hayward, and Leonard (LeBrons worst nightmare)

WaDe03
05-11-2018, 09:31 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'd find it hilarious (Heat fans like Dade would find this entertaining), if Riley was working wonders behind the scenes and he's able to convince LBJ and George to go to Miami in the offseason :laugh2:

Pat Riley cap strapped that team lol. It would be nice but heís washed.

Forever35
05-12-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm interested in seeing what team takes a flyer Jahlil Okafor...

Scoots
05-12-2018, 11:29 AM

There is no flyer to take. He's going to sign a small prove it deal.

TrueFan420
05-12-2018, 11:44 AM
There is no flyer to take. He's going to sign a small prove it deal.
I think that's what he means... will a team take a chance and sign him or will he bust out of the NBA. Someone will sign him on a 1 year deal.

kobe4thewinbang
05-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Any thoughts on Jokic yet, guys?

Saw it on yahoo this time around, seems to be getting more buzz that his agent has told the Nuggets FO to decline his option and sign him this summer to a long term deal.

In the prediction thread, someone thought Jokic would have a breakout year and that they were almost right, but that he needs more time.

His agent is clearly lobbying to get him a max deal, not sure if Denver wants to. See my post about it:
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/...up-option.html

Jokicís agent trying to play hard-ball, get his client a max contract a year early. I like it, but it could be problematic given the consensus that only a few teams have a lot of cap space this summer compared to the next year. I donít even think the Nuggets have enough money to do it, since they already extended Harris and signed Millsap. Gonna look it up when I get home.

Do you think think this a smart play? I guess the agent is saying 1) not many teams can steal him away from you guys this summer so itís best to lock him up now, and 2) if you make him wait another year, heís not likely to stay.

At the end of the day, Nuggets have the leverage but I think theyíll mull it over first. I think Jokic is talented, but heís not emerged fully yet and I donít know if heís worth 4-5 years at a high salary! Here is the new yahoo article: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nikola-jokic-agent-nuggets-decline-140008325.html
The Nuggets drafted Nikola Jokic in the second round just four years ago.

Heís already good enough to lead them to the playoffs.

That the 46-win Nuggets missed the postseason doesnít invalidate that. They just happened to play in one of the deepest conferences of all-time, and Paul Millsap missed most of the season due to injury. Jokic is already a borderline All-Star at age 23.

His unexpectedly rapid ascension creates numerous difficult questions about building for the present or future.

A big one: Should Denver exercise or decline Jokicís $1,600,520 team option for next season?

Exercising it would keep Jokic at an extremely cheap salary next season, but itíd make him an unrestricted free agent in 2019. Declining it would make Jokic a restricted free agent this summer, and though that would mean giving him a massive raise, the Nuggets could control securing him long-term.

Jokicís agent has advice for the team.

Nick Kosmider of The Athletic:

Jokic wants to get paid big next season, not wait another year. Denver will probably accommodate him. Letting him hit unrestricted free agency is just too risky.

The Nuggets could try to condition declining Jokicís team on him accepting less than the max Ė which projects to be about $146 over five years or $109 million over fours if he signs an offer sheet with another team. Jokic might compromise.

Jokic drawing any salary even near market value could push Denver over the luxury-tax line next season. The Nuggets declining Jokicís option could lead to them trading Kenneth Faried, Mason Plumlee, Wilson Chandler and/or Darrell Arthur (in the likely event the latter two opt in), not re-signing Will Barton and/or not using the mid-level exception.

So, Jokicís option presents one question. Determining how much to pay him if the Nuggets decline it is a whole other, related, negotiation.

Mr.B
05-14-2018, 01:29 AM

I could see the Mavs signing him to a prove it contract. Theyíve done it before with Brandon Wright and Al-Farouq Aminu. They also have a need for young bigs so Okafor would get heavy minutes. As long as he can stay out of Carlisleís dog house.

Cal827
05-14-2018, 02:03 AM
Any thoughts on Jokic yet, guys?

Saw it on yahoo this time around, seems to be getting more buzz that his agent has told the Nuggets FO to decline his option and sign him this summer to a long term deal.

In the prediction thread, someone thought Jokic would have a breakout year and that they were almost right, but that he needs more time.

His agent is clearly lobbying to get him a max deal, not sure if Denver wants to. See my post about it: Here is the new yahoo article: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nikola-jokic-agent-nuggets-decline-140008325.html

Didn't something similar happen to Boozer about a decade and a half ago, where he got the Cavs to decline the option, just for him to go sign with another team (I think the contract was made where Cleveland would be in trouble matching)?

Denver has to be careful here, and make sure that if they'll allow him to hit RFA that they're all in on Jokic and are willing to match anything, even if that means going over the luxury tax/cap.

I mean a 4 year contract might not be too brutal seeing as he SHOULD be getting better going into his prime years (as the contract would run till he's 27-28. If they're all-in, it would probably be best to decline the option and negotiate now. If they accept the team option, they will get him back cheap, but they lose the ability to match, and they could severely hurt Jokic's relationship with the FO, which is what you don't want with your star player going into free agency.

I mean, if Denver needs more money to acquire him, Toronto gladly will be willing to swap Milsap and Ibaka and stuff :D

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Wolves shopping Jones. I wouldn't mind my Bucks offering up Wilson for Jones swap. Thibs prefers old vet Rose over Jones. At least according to reports.

TheDish87
05-15-2018, 09:40 AM
no one knows who Wilson is on the Bucks

Ahriman
05-16-2018, 08:23 AM
Thibs is gonna destroy the sound job Flip initially did to build this roster...

TrueFan420
05-16-2018, 10:37 AM
How Thibs still has a job is beyond me.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Celtics Mock Offseason 1.0

Iím going to start out and assume we make the NBA finals and lose a close series to GS in 6 games.

We'll have pick #27 in the draft.

Draft Day

Pick #27: Jontay Porter. A bit of a project player here but with legitimate upside. He stands at 6í11 240lbs. Legitimate center body frame. He can shoot the 3. Heís a great passer. Will need to shape and mold his body a bit, but sitting behind Horford and Theis heíll have the ability to do that and getting some spot duty during the season.

Trade: Guerschon Yabusele to BRK for #40 and #45

***I like Yabusele and think he can eventually be a nice role player in this league. But in Boston heís buried behind a ton of wings and his $2.7M salary is starting to hamstring our cap. Heís traded for 2 second round picks to help fill out the roster with some cheaper contracts.***

Pick #40: Grayson Allen. 6í5 205lb. Duke product with a high pedigree. He has that compete level Danny and Brad love. High IQ guy who can shoot the 3. Excellent FT shooter. High motor. Decent playmaker. Doesnít have ideal agility or speed. Overall average athlete. Heíll struggle defensively in the NBA but not for a lack of effort. If he pans out he could be the next JJ Redick. Or a non factor/NBA washout.

Pick #45: DeíAnthony Melton. 6í2. 195lb. Combo guard. 6í8 wingspan (insane). Heís a terrific defender but his offensive game needs to be polished. He reminds me a lot of Terry Rozier when he first came into the league. He has all the tools to be a nice player in this league but needs development.

Trade: Abdel Nader for heavily protected future 2nd round pick. (Salary dump)

QOís Ė
Qualifying offers will be extended to Marcus Smart, Aron Baynes, Shane Larkin

Roster

PG
Kyrie Irving
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier
Shane Larkin

Wings
Gordon Hayward
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Marcus Morris
Semi Ojeleye
DeíAnthony Melton
Grayson Allen

Centers
Al Horford
Aron Baynes
Daniel Theis
Jontay Porter

To this point our cap is sitting at about $127M.
***This number is for the complete above roster, accounting for holds and draft pick salaries.***

The cap is projected to be $101M with a luxury tax threshold of $123M.
***So as we currently sit here, we would need to trim about $4M in salary to get under the threshold. Something I really think we should try and do considering future ramifications of paying luxury taxes.***

Re-Signings

Marcus Smart - $44.4M/3 (back loaded so first years cap # is $12M)
Smart showed during the playoff run his value to this team. Heís a source of energy for this team and makes all the big plays. Heís continued his slow shooting improvement but thatís not why heís here. He also had a great year becoming more of playmaker. He make not score much, but his defense and ability to make those around him better are immensely valuable to this club.

Aron Baynes - $6.2M/1
Baynes had a great first year in Boston. Heís a great role player. He compliments Al well and allows him to play his natural PF position. Heís not an elite rim protector but heís serviceable enough. His surprising development of a 3 point shot helps space the floor as well.

Shane Larkin - $1.5M/1
Larkin was a great 4th PG option for this team last season. Heís small and quick. Has a decent 3 point shot and plays fairly solid defense though can be taken advantage of by bigger/faster players. Stevens trusts him when heís forced into action.

Looking at the roster Ė we have to trim $4M, there a few players I view as easy to unload without feeling an impact on the court. But when looking through and considering contract number, length and positioning on the team I find 1 player that I would consider expendable.

Marcus Morris is the odd man out. He played great throughout the playoffs and was a key contributor to this team. He was a flash scorer who provided a nice spark of the bench. His versatility and defense were huge during the playoff run. However, heíll be making $5M that if shed, gets us under the luxury tax, and will be a Free Agent the following season. He could likely be re-signed for a fair deal, but would he really want to stay on as the 5th wing on this team? With Hayward returning, heís going to wipe out all of Morrisís minutes and reduce him to a small bench role he likely would not be happy with.

Trade: Marcus Morris and 2 future second round picks to IND for C Ike Anigbogu.

IND will have cap space and could use a player like Morris. Theyíre unlikely to be a major player in Free Agency but will look to build around a surprising 2017-18 campaign. Morris versatility, ability to score off the bench and defense will fit seamlessly into IND scheme. In return we get a developmental C in Ike Anigbogu who has some decent upside but is very raw. He will get a chance to develop and learn from some solid vets in Horford and Baynes. Celtics shed nearly $4M after this transaction to get under the luxury tax threshold.

Final Roster - $122M

PG Irving/Rozier/Smart/Larkin

Wing Hayward/Brown/Tatum/Ojeleye/Allen/Melton

Big Horford/Baynes/Theis /Porter/Anigbogu

Rotation (MPG)

PG Irving (32)/Rozier (16)
SG Hayward (32)/Rozier(9)/Smart(7)
SF Brown (32)/Smart(16)
PF Tatum (32)/Horford(10)/Ojeleye(6)
C Horford (20)/Baynes(15)/Theis(13)

Donít worry so much about the positions listed.

The Point
Weíll feature a (hopefully) fully recovered Kyrie Irving who will give the starting lineup stability and a huge scoring threat and playmaker. Rozier will be his main backup/insurance should he need to have his minutes carefully monitored. It would be smart play to regulate/restrict his minutes in the regular season. Especially with the depth this roster features. Rozier and Smart can handle the duties at any point in time and Larkin is a reliable 4th option.

The wing position
Absolutely stacked. Smart will have to play a lot of 2-3 to get on the court but that doesnít bother me because of his defensive versatility. Hayward reinserts into the starting lineup Ė effectively absorbing the minutes Morris played. Heís at best equal defensively to Morris but if he falls short itís only slightly. However heís a much more potent and consistent scoring threat to Morris. This is a big upgrade. Expect continued progression from Tatum and Brown who will play 30+ minutes a night. Ojeleye played well his rookie season and has carved out a small role for himself. Hopefully he can improve his shot and become more consistent but defensively he can hold his own. Horford will also see time at the ď4Ē. This group can do it all. Big, long, athletic, versatile, can score from anywhere, can D on just about anyone.

The Bigs
Horford will start. Baynes can spell him and Theis will also have a role off the bench. Solid rotational group here. They complement each other well. We lack a true ďrim protectorĒ but Baynes and Horford can get the job done.

The end of the Bench
Features Larson, a solid vet presence and trusted emergency option. Grayson Allen who has spark plug type potential off the bench. He could be a deadly 3 point shooter if he can play enough defense to get on the court. De-Anthony Melton is more of a defensive threat, combo guard in the mold of a young Terry Rozier. His offense will need a lot of work but if he can play solid defense (his calling card) he could create a role for himself in the future. Jontay Porter is a semi polished developmental big. He has some great aspects of his game that could eventually lead him to being an Al Horford type player. Learning under Al for a few seasons will be greatly beneficial to him and his development. Ike Anigbogu is a different type of big. He would classify as the rim protector, energy big (think Bismack Biyombo). His offensive game is a wreck and needs a ton of work but defensively he can give you a lot. Heís a big body off the bench that could come in handy for certain matchups or to chew up fouls until he can develop an offensive skillset.

Looking ahead.

In the 2019 offseason as constructed the team has $11M in cap space on a projected $108M cap.

Irving and Rozier will both be Free Agents along with Theis, Baynes and Larken.
Depending on how Irving comes back and health will determine if heís retained. Itís possible to retain both Rozier and Irving should the both play well. Weíd have to go over the luxury tax but its likely money well spent.

Horford and Hayward will also be entering their last years of their contracts (assuming Horford opts in).

Weíll potentially have 4 first round picks (1 projected top 10) in the 2019 offseason

warfelg
05-16-2018, 07:00 PM
I've come to the dawning realization of what I hate about the NBA and it's pay structure:

All the exeptions.

Going through them:
Larry Bird Exception - Don't have a problem with this one. The ability to play for a team and be able to stay with them and make as much as you can even if they are over the cap is ok.

Early Bird Exception - Basically the Bird Rights, but they can't get as much money. Not terrible, but yea....this one is starting to get hazy.

Non-Bird Exception - Ok, wait what? Now the guy doesn't even have to be there a full you and you can offer him a higher contract to stay? Yeesh.

Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception - For this year it was $8.406 million that they can divide up as much as a team wants, as long as they don't go above the tax. At a certain point it' saying that you want a good team to be able to stay good with signing good players.

Taxpayer mid-level exception - Ok this is where the NBA loses me. You got a team in the tax, yet you are giving them a path to sign a FA who isn't from their team to a deal up to, for this year $5.192 mil? Seriously NBA?

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -
- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season.

WHAT THE HELL????? WHY DOES A TEAM WITH CAP ROOM NEED AN EXCEPTION?!?!

Bi-Annual Exception - Can be used every other year as long as you used the other exception and it can take you above the cap. YOU ALREADY GOT RELIEF FOR GOING OVER THE SOFT CAP, HERE'S SOME MORE?!?! THAT BS.

Rookie Exception - Ok this one I get. You don't want teams to have to sell their draft picks because they are over the cap.

Minimum Player Salary Exception - Again....no real issue because you need to fill out a roster.

Disabled player exception - Multiple parts.....Ok the signing a player I have no problem with. Trading for a player that/s no more than 50%+$100,000. This one is getting a little out there since you can get some sort of Bird rights to that player.

Claim a player on waivers? Wait what? No, you should have to have the space to claim someone.

Sorry but I've come to realize why the NBA economics is broken after studying this.

You can go over the cap, and theortically still:
- In that year sign a guy to a $8+mil deal, and another guy to a $3+mil deal.
- And in that next year you could still sign another guy to a $5+mil deal.

So you ca be over the cap and still add 3 solid players? Doesn't seem like a good way to help teams from tanking.

Oakmont_4
05-16-2018, 07:16 PM
I've come to the dawning realization of what I hate about the NBA and it's pay structure:

All the exeptions.

Going through them:
Larry Bird Exception - Don't have a problem with this one. The ability to play for a team and be able to stay with them and make as much as you can even if they are over the cap is ok.

Early Bird Exception - Basically the Bird Rights, but they can't get as much money. Not terrible, but yea....this one is starting to get hazy.

Non-Bird Exception - Ok, wait what? Now the guy doesn't even have to be there a full you and you can offer him a higher contract to stay? Yeesh.

Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception - For this year it was $8.406 million that they can divide up as much as a team wants, as long as they don't go above the tax. At a certain point it' saying that you want a good team to be able to stay good with signing good players.

Taxpayer mid-level exception - Ok this is where the NBA loses me. You got a team in the tax, yet you are giving them a path to sign a FA who isn't from their team to a deal up to, for this year $5.192 mil? Seriously NBA?

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -

WHAT THE HELL????? WHY DOES A TEAM WITH CAP ROOM NEED AN EXCEPTION?!?!

Bi-Annual Exception - Can be used every other year as long as you used the other exception and it can take you above the cap. YOU ALREADY GOT RELIEF FOR GOING OVER THE SOFT CAP, HERE'S SOME MORE?!?! THAT BS.

Rookie Exception - Ok this one I get. You don't want teams to have to sell their draft picks because they are over the cap.

Minimum Player Salary Exception - Again....no real issue because you need to fill out a roster.

Disabled player exception - Multiple parts.....Ok the signing a player I have no problem with. Trading for a player that/s no more than 50%+$100,000. This one is getting a little out there since you can get some sort of Bird rights to that player.

Claim a player on waivers? Wait what? No, you should have to have the space to claim someone.

Sorry but I've come to realize why the NBA economics is broken after studying this.

You can go over the cap, and theortically still:
- In that year sign a guy to a $8+mil deal, and another guy to a $3+mil deal.
- And in that next year you could still sign another guy to a $5+mil deal.

So you ca be over the cap and still add 3 solid players? Doesn't seem like a good way to help teams from tanking.

It's a love/hate relationship with me. On one hand, I really like it because it is so complex. The top GM's who know there way around it can use it to their advantage. While a lesser GM will be handicapped by it's complexity. To that extent I like it.

I also prefer a soft cap that is complex vs no cap like MLB (which is by FAR the worst league structure cap wise).

The NFL's hard cap is still the gold standard IMO. But I can see its limitations in the NBA where the elite talent pool is smaller. Smaller rosters. Etc. Where a hard cap has its downside as well.

I wish there were a perfect system, but there really isn't. I enjoy working my way through the NBA cap structure. But that's probably because I'm an accounting grad and I like the NBA cap about as much as I like the US tax system and reading/exploiting it's loopholes.

warfelg
05-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Thing with MLB though is there is a cap. There's just a point where you go past a soft tax and go into a luxury tax.

What I hate about all of that is if you got a guy getting offered $14mil by a team under the cap, he would likely get offered the $8mil by a team over the cap. Chances are the team over the cap is better, so by giving them money close enough, it makes it harder for the 'lesser' team to get the guy without overpaying.

They need to streamline these exceptions.

Full Bird
Early Bird
Non-Tax Payer ($5mil)
Tax Payer ($3mil)
Rookie
Injured player 'cap space'

That's all they need. Can only use the Non-tax and tax payer 1 at a time. SO if you sign a 4 year $20mil deal, you can't use the Non-Tax player until that deal expires. If you go into the tax after that, you can't use both.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 06:14 AM
Thing with MLB though is there is a cap. There's just a point where you go past a soft tax and go into a luxury tax.

What I hate about all of that is if you got a guy getting offered $14mil by a team under the cap, he would likely get offered the $8mil by a team over the cap. Chances are the team over the cap is better, so by giving them money close enough, it makes it harder for the 'lesser' team to get the guy without overpaying.

They need to streamline these exceptions.

Full Bird
Early Bird
Non-Tax Payer ($5mil)
Tax Payer ($3mil)
Rookie
Injured player 'cap space'

That's all they need. Can only use the Non-tax and tax payer 1 at a time. SO if you sign a 4 year $20mil deal, you can't use the Non-Tax player until that deal expires. If you go into the tax after that, you can't use both.

A tax is not a cap. A cap is a spending limit. MLB has no spending limit. If you want to have a BILLION dollar payroll, you can. It's just going to be expensive as hell.

NBA does have an actual limit. An NBA team couldn't have a BILLION dollar payroll even if they wanted too.

If a player is going to turn down $6M to be on a contender then that should be on the player. I have no issue with it.

The thing about a hard cap that makes it so difficult in this league is the guaranteed contracts. In the NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed so teams can recover from bad contracts. If the NBA were to institute a hard cap, teams would shoot themselves in the foot with bad contracts all day long. And the smart ones would be more conservative so that would hurt the players because they wouldn't be spending as much money.

So on one hand you'd have about 50% of the league completely cash strapped because they mis-managed their cap situation. And on the other you have good teams not spending money. I don't see how it would make the league better.

Also teams that draft well would essentially be punished in the future. Take GS, BOS or PHI. Eventually when their young guys are due to get paid, they're not going to be able to re-sign them all because of the cap. So GS is going to have to pick from Curry, Thompson or Green - they can't pay them all under a hard cap. BOS would have to let Brown or Tatum walk. PHI would basically only be built around Embiid and Simmons once they're on non rookies deals with no avenue to add anything around them.

I think you have to pick one or the other and make it work best for your league. Which the NBA has done. Streamling the exceptions only hurts the mid tier Free Agents because there will be less money to spend. It would take away a ton of exceptions that players sign each year, which ultimately lowers the total dollars spent. Good teams spending more money is a good thing for the players. The players would never agree to your scenario. And it benefits the competitive teams as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-17-2018, 07:44 AM
SchrŲder imagined playing for Pacers or Bucks if Hawks decide to rebuild. SchrŲder mentioned that in a press conference in Germany. Bucks were linked to SchrŲder before we landed Bledsoe.

warfelg
05-17-2018, 08:39 AM
A tax is not a cap. A cap is a spending limit. MLB has no spending limit. If you want to have a BILLION dollar payroll, you can. It's just going to be expensive as hell.

NBA does have an actual limit. An NBA team couldn't have a BILLION dollar payroll even if they wanted too.

If a player is going to turn down $6M to be on a contender then that should be on the player. I have no issue with it.

The thing about a hard cap that makes it so difficult in this league is the guaranteed contracts. In the NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed so teams can recover from bad contracts. If the NBA were to institute a hard cap, teams would shoot themselves in the foot with bad contracts all day long. And the smart ones would be more conservative so that would hurt the players because they wouldn't be spending as much money.

So on one hand you'd have about 50% of the league completely cash strapped because they mis-managed their cap situation. And on the other you have good teams not spending money. I don't see how it would make the league better.

Also teams that draft well would essentially be punished in the future. Take GS, BOS or PHI. Eventually when their young guys are due to get paid, they're not going to be able to re-sign them all because of the cap. So GS is going to have to pick from Curry, Thompson or Green - they can't pay them all under a hard cap. BOS would have to let Brown or Tatum walk. PHI would basically only be built around Embiid and Simmons once they're on non rookies deals with no avenue to add anything around them.

I think you have to pick one or the other and make it work best for your league. Which the NBA has done. Streamling the exceptions only hurts the mid tier Free Agents because there will be less money to spend. It would take away a ton of exceptions that players sign each year, which ultimately lowers the total dollars spent. Good teams spending more money is a good thing for the players. The players would never agree to your scenario. And it benefits the competitive teams as well.

1 - I didn't really talk about a hard cap. There's much more to go through.

2 - Streamlining the exceptions doesn't hurt mid tier Free Agents as much as you think. It hurts the better high spending teams being able to bring them in. Take away the combined potential $240mil in the Non-taxpayer money, take out teams not in the max, and take out teams under the cap, and you are talking about maybe $70 mil. That would be the same process with the other exceptions.

I would bet when you do all the math of who actually has what exceptions available, you would end up with about $100mil. Unspent cap every year adds up to close to that.

So no, it's not that there's less money to spend, it's that good teams have less money and teams under the cap would have to spend.

I would add in stiffer penalties for being under the cap floor, and pull it up closer to the actual cap.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 08:47 AM

2 - Streamlining the exceptions doesn't hurt mid tier Free Agents as much as you think. It hurts the better high spending teams being able to bring them in. Take away the combined potential $240mil in the Non-taxpayer money, take out teams not in the max, and take out teams under the cap, and you are talking about maybe $70 mil. That would be the same process with the other exceptions.

I would bet when you do all the math of who actually has what exceptions available, you would end up with about $100mil. Unspent cap every year adds up to close to that.

So no, it's not that there's less money to spend, it's that good teams have less money and teams under the cap would have to spend.

I would add in stiffer penalties for being under the cap floor, and pull it up closer to the actual cap.

Yes but you're assuming that with good teams spending less, the non good teams will spend more. That won't necessarily be the case. Mid tier and low end Free Agents would still be hurt.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2018, 09:05 AM

Here's the list of teams and their number of players on exceptions. Being they could only use one at a time under your rules...

ATL - 0
BOS - 1 room
BRK - 0
CHA - 2 MLE
CHI - 2 MLE
CLE - 1 MLE
DAL - 0
DEN - 0
DET - 4 (2 MLE, BI, room)
GSW - 1 mini MLE
HOU - 3 (MLE, BI)
IND - 0
LAC - 6 (MLE)
LAL - 0
MEM - 4 (3MLE, 1 BI)
MIA - 1 (MLE)
MIL - 1 MLE
MIN - 2 (MLE, Room)
NO - 3 MLE
NYK - 1 (Room)
OKC - 1 (MLE)
ORL - 0
PHI - 0
PHO - 0
POR - 0
SAC - 0
SAS - 1 (MLE)
TOR - 1 (MLE)
UTA - 0
WAS - 1 (MLE)

So 36 players on contracts through exceptions. Of the 16 playoff teams they account for 17 of them just over 50%. 50% of the league accounts for 51% of exceptions. That's not outrageous, it's right on que. 4 playoff teams used 0 exceptions. 9 playoff teams only had 1 which would be allowed in your rules. So basically you're targeting only 3 teams (HOU, NO, MIN) who have used multiple exceptions.

I don't see this change having any sort of major impact in how teams currently operate.

Additionally, next year you're only allowing ~12-16 teams to dish out exceptions instead of 30. That will absolutely impact mid tier Free Agents. Especially considering some teams on that list have no need to use an exception because they have cap space and won't be in playoff contention.

Scoots
05-21-2018, 11:02 AM
The NFL cap model would be good, but it's a non starter considering it is based on non-guaranteed contracts and the NBAPA would fight HARD to keep that from happening.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-23-2018, 09:21 AM
The NFL cap model would be good, but it's a non starter considering it is based on non-guaranteed contracts and the NBAPA would fight HARD to keep that from happening.

A lockout for a season or two should get the stars to cave. Most the stars getting up their in age and at peak level. Doubt they wanna waste a season or two fighting for the future for the younger players. They need free agency before the draft as well.

Oakmont_4
05-23-2018, 10:35 AM
A lockout for a season or two should get the stars to cave. Most the stars getting up their in age and at peak level. Doubt they wanna waste a season or two fighting for the future for the younger players. They need free agency before the draft as well.

They should have Free Agency and the draft simultaneously. That would make for a very interesting draft night.

dabears34ft
05-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Jazz trade a 1st or 2 1st's since they will be late rounders anyways for Love. Send Cleveland fillers like Burks since they will be a rebuilding team and these contracts won't affect them long term. Bron is going to Philly or Houston IMHO!

Love stinks, but he actually works in Utah where they need a secondary scoring option and stretch 4.

Rubio/Mitchell/Jinglin Joe/Love/Gobert would be a good looking team.

Rubio the facilitator.
Mitchell the Star/Scorer.
Jinglin Joe, Mr. Do it All.
Love the stretch 4 secondary scorer.
Gobert the rim protecting Defensive Anchor.

Who says no?

Dade County
05-23-2018, 11:23 PM
Free Whiteside.... https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=514299

I will from time to time, check in on him on whichever new team Pat will trade him too.

TrueFan420
05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Jazz trade a 1st or 2 1st's since they will be late rounders anyways for Love. Send Cleveland fillers like Burks since they will be a rebuilding team and these contracts won't affect them long term. Bron is going to Philly or Houston IMHO!

Love stinks, but he actually works in Utah where they need a secondary scoring option and stretch 4.

Rubio the facilitator.

Who says no?

It makes sense for both teams but who knows what Bron does or what the Cavs will want to if he leaves (blow up vs retool).

Wade n Fade
05-24-2018, 11:37 AM
I still can't get the idea why the Clippers would extend Doc Rivers? His time in LA should be over.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-24-2018, 01:18 PM
Free Whiteside.... https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=514299

I will from time to time, check in on him on whichever new team Pat will trade him too.

So Whiteside just pushing Pat for a trade? With this it probably shrinks his stock/trade value already. Market for centers is pretty thin already. Also a few more in the draft coming out. $25,434,263 $27,093,018 is a bit pricey for Whiteside.

Dade County
05-24-2018, 04:52 PM
2:30sec mark... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2GhMUkPu9M

Team Whiteside!

So Whiteside just pushing Pat for a trade? With this it probably shrinks his stock/trade value already. Market for centers is pretty thin already. Also a few more in the draft coming out. $25,434,263 $27,093,018 is a bit pricey for Whiteside.

Whiteside is just very upset.... He feels that Spo didn't unitize him to his full max.

I blame both Whiteside & Spo. Pat will trade him for a package that would be good for Miami, if Pat can't get anything right now, he will just have to wait.

But...

Heat center Hassan Whiteside left out of team advertisement
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/heat-center-hassan-whiteside-left-out-of-team-advertisement-514313.html

WhiteShadow42
05-24-2018, 07:43 PM

Rubio the facilitator.

Who says no?

I just came from another thread regarding 4 way blockbuster trade senario. These two trades are at polar ends. LOL

That is a pretty good trade for both teams. Love is a pretty good complement to Gobert. Gobert will clean up Love's defensive mistakes.

Farty Farts
05-24-2018, 11:10 PM
if the sixers want to win it all. trade simmons and fultz for Kwahi, sign lebron and get a 3 and D guy like Mikal Bridges or other in the draft.if you have james you dont need a top pg, simmons cant shoot. you could also flip simmons and picks, keep fultz....either way get kwahi and lebron and they'll be the clear cut team in the east

SirSkyHook
05-25-2018, 03:57 AM
So i HATE the celtics and spurs, but i see them dealing doing a F You trade to my Lakers because of Kawhi's interest in going home to SoCal either this season or next. So i started think what kind of package would they offer for him, and this is what i came up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

I can see Ainge letting Gordan Hayward dealing him for Kawhi, but the Spurs wouldn't just go injury for injury like that, they would want some sweeteners. Seeing that Tony Parker isnt the Parker of old they would want a point. This is where Bostons sacks up and give Rozier. With the recent success of the team its hard to see him being 100% cool with being 1st off the bench to Kyrie, and if Boston had to choose between a 26 year old top 3 point and 24 year a budding point the chose wouldnt be to hard. Now i believe Boston throws in Brown for stabilty at the two and three position, and move Tatum to the two spot. Now you factor in L.A. He clearly hasnt been void filler they hoped for, and has also had issues with Pop this season, and with Pop's wife planning i doubt he wants to keep and more headaches around and wouldn't be opposed to letting him go in the trade. I also see the Spurs trying to move Rudy Gay to make a run at an offensive center like Brook Lopez for some sense of front court stability.

Celtics startling lineup

Kyrie
Tatum
Kawhi
Horford
L.A

Spurs starting lineup

Rozier
Brown
Hayward
Pau
Lopez

Both teams would both benefit from the trade.

What had me thinking about the trade was the fact i DONT WANT to completely break up the Lakers young core for Kawhi, which has been rumored repeatedly, so i started thinking what could block it. I much rather the Lakers get some shooters, a defensive rebounding big, sign Randle, get P.G13 or not, and give B.I, Ball, and Kuz another year to grow for us to see what we really have in them, before blowing it up. I most definitely don't want Lebron, and he becomes our acting G.M all of the sudden, then we end up with a extremely high payroll, we've given up all our youth, were doing another spine chilling rebound again, and MAYBE, maybe we win a ring in the process, while other teams are set to run the next decade with us watching our youth stepping into their prime and balling out elsewhere.

Oakmont_4
05-25-2018, 06:29 AM
So i HATE the celtics and spurs, but i see them dealing doing a F You trade to my Lakers because of Kawhi's interest in going home to SoCal either this season or next. So i started think what kind of package would they offer for him, and this is what i came up with.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

I can see Ainge letting Gordan Hayward dealing him for Kawhi, but the Spurs wouldn't just go injury for injury like that, they would want some sweeteners. Seeing that Tony Parker isnt the Parker of old they would want a point. This is where Bostons sacks up and give Rozier. With the recent success of the team its hard to see him being 100% cool with being 1st off the bench to Kyrie, and if Boston had to choose between a 26 year old top 3 point and 24 year a budding point the chose wouldnt be to hard. Now i believe Boston throws in Brown for stabilty at the two and three position, and move Tatum to the two spot. Now you factor in L.A. He clearly hasnt been void filler they hoped for, and has also had issues with Pop this season, and with Pop's wife planning i doubt he wants to keep and more headaches around and wouldn't be opposed to letting him go in the trade. I also see the Spurs trying to move Rudy Gay to make a run at an offensive center like Brook Lopez for some sense of front court stability.

Celtics startling lineup

Kyrie
Tatum
Kawhi
Horford
L.A

Spurs starting lineup

Rozier
Brown
Hayward
Pau
Lopez

Both teams would both benefit from the trade.

What had me thinking about the trade was the fact i DONT WANT to completely break up the Lakers young core for Kawhi, which has been rumored repeatedly, so i started thinking what could block it. I much rather the Lakers get some shooters, a defensive rebounding big, sign Randle, get P.G13 or not, and give B.I, Ball, and Kuz another year to grow for us to see what we really have in them, before blowing it up. I most definitely don't want Lebron, and he becomes our acting G.M all of the sudden, then we end up with a extremely high payroll, we've given up all our youth, were doing another spine chilling rebound again, and MAYBE, maybe we win a ring in the process, while other teams are set to run the next decade with us watching our youth stepping into their prime and balling out elsewhere.

Why would we just "throw in" Brown. He's not a throw in player. Marcus Morris maybe, but not Brown. He's a 21 year old top 3 pick who's made a giant leap in just year 2. He literally has the potential to become a Kawhi type player. We would never do that trade, it's terrible. We're likely going to make the finals as is. If we stand pat, we add Kyrie and Hayward to a NBA finals roster...

FlashBolt
05-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Why would we just "throw in" Brown. He's not a throw in player. Marcus Morris maybe, but not Brown. He's a 21 year old top 3 pick who's made a giant leap in just year 2. He literally has the potential to become a Kawhi type player. We would never do that trade, it's terrible. We're likely going to make the finals as is. If we stand pat, we add Kyrie and Hayward to a NBA finals roster...

Huge problem with the Celtics is they can't possibly expect maximum output from Rosier, Brown, and Tatum once Kyrie/Hayward comes back. In terms of FGA, it would look like this:

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Tatum
Rosier

I don't see how that works out to maximizing capability. There's a valid response in that sometimes too much of something is bad. And this might be it. Celtics need to make a trade. As it stands right now, I agree, Celtics are likely making the Finals this season and next as well. But if you want to maximize the potential of this team, you will need to trade for strictly some 3/D shooters. IMO, who do you trade? Answer: Gordon Hayward. You gotta trade him. We have no evidence of how great he can make the Celtics and Tatum does everything Gordon can already. Brown is a keeper. Rosier can backup Kyrie. Trade Gordon to get some better backup shooters and players.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2018, 02:08 AM
Huge problem with the Celtics is they can't possibly expect maximum output from Rosier, Brown, and Tatum once Kyrie/Hayward comes back. In terms of FGA, it would look like this:

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Tatum
Rosier

I don't see how that works out to maximizing capability. There's a valid response in that sometimes too much of something is bad. And this might be it. Celtics need to make a trade. As it stands right now, I agree, Celtics are likely making the Finals this season and next as well. But if you want to maximize the potential of this team, you will need to trade for strictly some 3/D shooters. IMO, who do you trade? Answer: Gordon Hayward. You gotta trade him. We have no evidence of how great he can make the Celtics and Tatum does everything Gordon can already. Brown is a keeper. Rosier can backup Kyrie. Trade Gordon to get some better backup shooters and players.

This makes no sense. Why would we trade Hayward to get better backup shooters when heís a great shooter thatís also a top 20 player who can create his own shot. These Celtics trade takes are so trash. If a guy like Kawhi is coming back itís a worthwhile discussion but otherwise itís a very simple offseason plan:

Kyrie / Rozier
Brown / Smart
Hayward / Morris
Tatum / Theis
Horford / Baynes

Bring everyone back. Have a loaded 10 man rotation that should be able to get you a good shot pretty much every possession. Will everyone get their max scoring output? No. But who gives a ****. Itís about winning and playing team ball.

Idk why people want to reinvent the wheel and spin ha omg a lot of good players into a bad thing.

More-Than-Most
05-27-2018, 05:59 AM
This makes no sense. Why would we trade Hayward to get better backup shooters when heís a great shooter thatís also a top 20 player who can create his own shot. These Celtics trade takes are so trash. If a guy like Kawhi is coming back itís a worthwhile discussion but otherwise itís a very simple offseason plan:

Kyrie / Rozier
Brown / Smart
Hayward / Morris
Tatum / Theis
Horford / Baynes

Bring everyone back. Have a loaded 10 man rotation that should be able to get you a good shot pretty much every possession. Will everyone get their max scoring output? No. But who gives a ****. Itís about winning and playing team ball.

Idk why people want to reinvent the wheel and spin ha omg a lot of good players into a bad thing.

This. I still think the celtics would be better off trading a kyrie for a KL plus picks of course but why not run with what you got? I am not a kyrie fan and personally think brown will be the better 2 way player within 2 seasons but you are 1 game away from the finals... I dont think you are on the warriors level but adding a hayward and a 2nd year of tatum with more Brown Development might be enough to get passed the vagina that is KD and the warriors.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2018, 08:29 AM
This. I still think the celtics would be better off trading a kyrie for a KL plus picks of course but why not run with what you got? I am not a kyrie fan and personally think brown will be the better 2 way player within 2 seasons but you are 1 game away from the finals... I dont think you are on the warriors level but adding a hayward and a 2nd year of tatum with more Brown Development might be enough to get passed the vagina that is KD and the warriors.

Yeah Iíd agree with a KL trade like that for sure. But thatís gettig a great player. I just donít understand why people say trade great, all star players for not great, not all star players.

Next year BOS should be able to play 5 all star caliber players if Tatum and Brown develop as expected/hoped. Maybe statistically it wonít look like that but Iím talking about how good the guys actually are beyond counting numbers. They should be able to pound mismatches in every game whether itís a guard, forward or center. Against any team someone will have a mismatch. And off the bench theyíll be able to bring in gritty, grimy defenders that arenít offensively inept either. You balance rotations to where the starters play with them inn their own spurts (rather than a true 1 and 2 unit) so youíre always offensively capable.

Iím all tingly thinking about it TBH. Even the contract situations line up great for keeping it all together for a while. Ainge better not F it up trading all stars for role players just because.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2018, 08:37 AM
If Iím Boston I would look into a Rozier trade if I could get something controllable since my plan would be to keep Smart and it pay Rozier, assuming that budget constraints demand a choice. Iíd try to target a deal with LAC that has Beverly as the salary matching piece plus one of their lottery picks. #27, Yabu and future Celtics picks on the table as sweeteners too. Idk what exactly itíd take but I think thatís a good deal to get a gritty grimy replacement for Rozier (Kyrie/Hayward returning plus development of Brown/Tatum should make up for the lost ability to create their own shot and play up the upgrade at shooting/defense). Then the lottery pick gets you someone that can hopefully be cheap depth for a little longer than Rozier.

Dade County
05-29-2018, 12:48 AM
Houston:

I can see them making a trade for Melo. Anderson gets shipped to OKC, that gives them another shooter...etc

I don't believe adding Melo to Houston puts them over GS, but they can just keep on building and you never know what can happen 2yrs from now.

I would also like to see Beverley back in Houston if possible.

Lbj:

I believes this is his last season in Cleveland. I think he stays out East and creates another top tier team. I can see people are big on Boston & the 6ers, but born can make it out of the East for at least another 2yrs with a a mediocre cast; so when he jumps on another team that is stacked; that team can go on a run for the next 4yrs.

So Boston might not ever be able to get pass Lbj... But the 6ers might just be the team that Lbj joins.

Lbj has built up off court relationships with many different players. I can see a player like PG telling OKC he wants to go to whatever team, and make a trade so you get something (this is for a team that doesn't have enough to out right sign PG).

Lbj mindset will be to build a team that can take down GS, next season. Not 2 or 3 yrs from now.

OKC:

I don't believe PG re-signs, so they will quickly look to ship Melo out and just surround West with shooters. Eventually they will have to trade Westbrook maybe 2yrs from now.

Isaiah Thomas.... I can see him signing with the Pistons or Orlando.

Giannis... The East needs another power house team and Giannis just can't be left in Milwaukee. Either they bring in some hired guns or Giannis needs to force his way out. This off season!

Oakmont_4
05-29-2018, 07:40 AM

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Tatum
Rosier

You don't trade top 30 NBA players for backup shooters. That is idiotic.

Since when does adding a top 30 NBA player to an already very good roster not make them better? What evidence do you need? He's better than Smart, Rozier, Morris, etc. You reduce their minutes and insert Hayward. Making the team better.

So what if the other guys have a minute reduction? Adding a better player makes the team better. It's really that simple.

I think if anyone gets traded its Rozier. I can guarantee you Hayward and Kyrie are going nowhere. We "have to trade Hayward" is just ludacris statement.

Ahriman
05-29-2018, 10:22 AM
I think Hayward is grossly underrated just because he missed this season with a freak injury. Dude is a smart player and Stevens would never part with him.

If anyone is traded this offseason it's Rozier, he was never a consistent rotation player and had a breakthrough during Boston playoffs run. He played great but he's probably due for a regression to the mean
He's still secured on great value for next year ($3m) but it wouldn't surprise me that Boston takes a deal including Rozier for a young player

Oakmont_4
05-29-2018, 10:49 AM
I think Hayward is grossly underrated just because he missed this season with a freak injury. Dude is a smart player and Stevens would never part with him.

If anyone is traded this offseason it's Rozier, he was never a consistent rotation player and had a breakthrough during Boston playoffs run. He played great but he's probably due for a regression to the mean
He's still secured on great value for next year ($3m) but it wouldn't surprise me that Boston takes a deal including Rozier for a young player

Agreed. Rozier is the most replaceable and has a fairly high trade value right now. I could see him being used in a package with our first round pick to move up and get a guy Ainge likes.

Assuming a team doesn't overpay for Smart, he'll likely be back, along with Irving and Larkin. We're fairly set at the PG position.

Rozier has made noticeable improvements over his first 3 years but he's never going to be a star. He's too inconsistent. He's not great at any one thing, just good a bunch of things. He started hot in the playoffs, but really didn't continue that in the CLE series. He was very up and down.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2018, 11:48 PM
Rumor has it BOS is intrigued with the idea of moving up for Bamba. Goes along with the report last year that they targeted a pick this year that had a chance to land them a big.

The rumors mentioned Brown or Rozier. I donít think Iíd give up Brown for an unproven player. Brown was a #3 pick himself and from what heís shown I wouldnít take the gamble on anyone other than Ayton being as good as he is over the long haul.

George Hill was traded from SA at the same contract status as Rozier is for the rights to the #15 pick. I feel like thatís a comparable. I think LAC at #12/13 (need any sort of young players and have a win now leadership group), DEN at #14 (need a PG that isnít a defensive liability), PHX at #16 (no PG next to Booker unless they go Ayton and Rozier compliments well), MIL at #17 (Rozier could be the guy they thought Bledsoe would be) and ATL at #19 (if Schroeder is moved) all could be fits. So I think itís fair to view Rozier as in that range of value.

A couple of years ago Ainge tried to move up for Winslow by offering #16 as part of a package of 4 picks. So as I said above, Rozier is valued in that #16 range. I could see him making a similar offer as the Winslow case. Either Rozier or a pick he gets from one of those teams I listed, plus next years SAC, plus the 2019-21 MEM picks (depending on protections), plus another BOS 1st rounder or two, plus Yabusele. Could that get a team to bite? Maybe. Itís worth at least asking.

WaDe03
05-31-2018, 10:35 AM
Houston says they will go after PG if they strike out on LeBron.

Giannis94
05-31-2018, 11:28 AM
Houston says they will go after PG if they strike out on LeBron.

Makes sense. Just gotta get rid of Ryno and hope that CP doesn't want a 200 some max or whatever it is

HandsOnTheWheel
05-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Yeah that Anderson contract handcuffs them badly. Maybe a tanking team would be willing to take on his contract if Houston is willing to throw some picks. Even after, it would tough to get two of CP3/Bron/PG/etc. to take a lot less to sign. There's the issue of Capela too

Giannis94
05-31-2018, 11:56 AM
Yeah that Anderson contract handcuffs them badly. Maybe a tanking team would be willing to take on his contract if Houston is willing to throw some picks. Even after, it would tough to get two of CP3/Bron/PG/etc. to take a lot less to sign. There's the issue of Capela too

If I'm a team I'd take on Ryno for like a 2026 unprotected 1st and a pick swap in like 2030 or something. Not even sure if that's allowed. OR trade with MJ. MJ always makes stupid moves (like taking on plum-dog millionairE)

Vee-Rex
05-31-2018, 02:22 PM
If I were the Celtics I'd look to keep Rozier if possible and try to trade Smart.

I know the impact Smart can have but I just think his efficiency takes away from that. In the playoffs, and especially in the finals, he'll just get left wide open to brick shots.

Oakmont_4
05-31-2018, 02:42 PM
If I were the Celtics I'd look to keep Rozier if possible and try to trade Smart.

I know the impact Smart can have but I just think his efficiency takes away from that. In the playoffs, and especially in the finals, he'll just get left wide open to brick shots.

I doubt Smart really has any trade value considering he's a RFA. A team can just offer a crazy contract and get him for nothing.

I'd much rather keep Smart than Rozier.

homie564
05-31-2018, 03:36 PM
Rumor has it BOS is intrigued with the idea of moving up for Bamba. Goes along with the report last year that they targeted a pick this year that had a chance to land them a big.

The rumors mentioned Brown or Rozier. I donít think Iíd give up Brown for an unproven player. Brown was a #3 pick himself and from what heís shown I wouldnít take the gamble on anyone other than Ayton being as good as he is over the long haul.

George Hill was traded from SA at the same contract status as Rozier is for the rights to the #15 pick. I feel like thatís a comparable. I think LAC at #12/13 (need any sort of young players and have a win now leadership group), DEN at #14 (need a PG that isnít a defensive liability), PHX at #16 (no PG next to Booker unless they go Ayton and Rozier compliments well), MIL at #17 (Rozier could be the guy they thought Bledsoe would be) and ATL at #19 (if Schroeder is moved) all could be fits. So I think itís fair to view Rozier as in that range of value.

A couple of years ago Ainge tried to move up for Winslow by offering #16 as part of a package of 4 picks. So as I said above, Rozier is valued in that #16 range. I could see him making a similar offer as the Winslow case. Either Rozier or a pick he gets from one of those teams I listed, plus next years SAC, plus the 2019-21 MEM picks (depending on protections), plus another BOS 1st rounder or two, plus Yabusele. Could that get a team to bite? Maybe. Itís worth at least asking.

I think that SAC pick could be top 5, and that Memphis pick is like top 8 protected (could still be top 10)... itís a lot to give up to get up to #3 or #4 (may have to trade up that high to get Bamba)... but, if Danny thinks Bamba can be a Drummond type player with offensive upside... then Iím all in. That could be the missing link (an elite rebounder is our main need imo). I also want to try to get a sniper for the bench. I think we need a player in that Korver mold to hit shots off the bench when Kyrie isnít on the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-31-2018, 03:46 PM

Rozier for Bucks pick at #17 on draft night. Sure, it's a deal. No take backs.

Oakmont_4
05-31-2018, 06:41 PM
I think that SAC pick could be top 5, and that Memphis pick is like top 8 protected (could still be top 10)... itís a lot to give up to get up to #3 or #4 (may have to trade up that high to get Bamba)... but, if Danny thinks Bamba can be a Drummond type player with offensive upside... then Iím all in. That could be the missing link (an elite rebounder is our main need imo). I also want to try to get a sniper for the bench. I think we need a player in that Korver mold to hit shots off the bench when Kyrie isnít on the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be as much of a need with Irving and Hayward returning. I doubt you'll ever see a minute without one of Irving/Hayward/Tatum on the floor unless we're blowing a team out by 30.

Giannis94
06-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Holy ****. With all the picks the nets traded away, they could probably be a contender right now- and a suiter for LBJ.

Lillard
Brown
Tatum/Fultz (however you wanna view this I don't care)
Favors
Kanter

FlashBolt
06-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Holy ****. With all the picks the nets traded away, they could probably be a contender right now- and a suiter for LBJ.

Lillard
Brown
Tatum/Fultz (however you wanna view this I don't care)
Favors
Kanter

They sure have.. That might've been the worst trade ever with Boston. Nets are stationed at Brooklyn NY and that's such a large market. Not as large as the Knicks but if the Nets were a great team - which they should have been, this franchise would have skyrocketed in value. There's still a very great opportunity it will. In two more seasons, Nets will have cleared all salaries and have a fresh start. It would be a great opportunity for them to start clean. The new owner seems to know what he is doing so I hope things do change for them.

Giannis94
06-03-2018, 05:11 PM
They sure have.. That might've been the worst trade ever with Boston. Nets are stationed at Brooklyn NY and that's such a large market. Not as large as the Knicks but if the Nets were a great team - which they should have been, this franchise would have skyrocketed in value. There's still a very great opportunity it will. In two more seasons, Nets will have cleared all salaries and have a fresh start. It would be a great opportunity for them to start clean. The new owner seems to know what he is doing so I hope things do change for them.

Even despite the hose awful trades I think they still have a slightly brighter future than the Knicks. And that's insane to even fathom. If nothing else, it's a toss up.

That team above would definitely be the favorites for lbj this year. Even if you let favors and Kanter walk. Tatum, Brown and Lillard with lbj is ****ing sick.

Scoots
06-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook posted 2019 NBA Title odds and the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, and Cavs are 5-8. With all the potential for change in the offseason for those 4 teams I would hate to have the job of deciding where the money is good or bad.

Giannis94
06-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook posted 2019 NBA Title odds and the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, and Cavs are 5-8. With all the potential for change in the offseason for those 4 teams I would hate to have the job of deciding where the money is good or bad.

Bucks have the same odds as the Nicks online I read. Wait until we get LBJ. Then we'll be the favorites

warfelg
06-04-2018, 11:37 AM

[emoji57]

Scoots
06-04-2018, 12:48 PM
If Vegas thought LeBron was going to Philly then how are the Cavs that high on the list?

FlashBolt
06-04-2018, 06:12 PM
If Vegas thought LeBron was going to Philly then how are the Cavs that high on the list?

Because some think he will be staying in Cleveland?

Scoots
06-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Because some think he will be staying in Cleveland?

Right, so Vegas isn't assuming he goes to the Sixers.

warfelg
06-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Monte Williams officially joins the Sixers coaching staff as the lead assistant. Takes Lloyd Pierce's old job.

Scoots
06-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Monte Williams officially joins the Sixers coaching staff as the lead assistant. Takes Lloyd Pierce's old job.

Nice hire.

I was wondering if Pop is considering taking a step back from the bench ... he's going on 70 and lost his wife, that's got to hurt your passion for your job.

TrueFan420
06-05-2018, 12:03 AM
Nice hire.

I was wondering if Pop is considering taking a step back from the bench ... he's going on 70 and lost his wife, that's got to hurt your passion for your job.
Maybe or maybe he plans on giving the rest of himself to his job as a distraction.

warfelg
06-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Maybe or maybe he plans on giving the rest of himself to his job as a distraction.

This is what I was going to say. He seems like the type that being on the sideline is an escape from everything else. Plus RC in the FO is a guy that Pops likes and trusts, so I doubt he would push him out like that.

ewing
06-05-2018, 08:38 AM
I heard frank ntilikina grew an inch!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-05-2018, 08:48 AM
I heard frank ntilikina grew an inch!

Time will tell. But he could be nothing more then MCW 2.0.

Scoots
06-05-2018, 10:32 AM
This is what I was going to say. He seems like the type that being on the sideline is an escape from everything else. Plus RC in the FO is a guy that Pops likes and trusts, so I doubt he would push him out like that.

I wasn't suggesting he'd take over from RC. Pop isn't going to coach forever.

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
CP3 wants the max. Good luck hommie

Scoots
06-05-2018, 02:07 PM
CP3 wants the max. Good luck hommie

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hommie

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 02:26 PM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hommie

used by wannabe hip hoppers who think they have a good vocabulary but haven't yet discovered that the two Ms together

For CP3 the context probably fits.

warfelg
06-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Heís gonna get it. This is the reason they fought for the max age for a max contract to be raised.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Heís gonna get it. This is the reason they fought for the max age for a max contract to be raised.

yea, but whos going to give it to him?

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 02:39 PM

From who? Knicks, nets, hornets? Can't imagine the rockets wanna give him and cappy makes.

warfelg
06-05-2018, 02:40 PM
yea, but whos going to give it to him?

Houston.

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Houston.

But that's a lot for a 32? year old pg who's beat years are likely behind him. If you don't get lbj, wouldn't you rather have pg on the max instead of cp3 with capela and Harden? I mean i understand cp was a beast last year with dantoni and Harden. But the full long term max has disaster written all over it. I think.

Oakmont_4
06-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Does CP3's demands open the door in LAL for CP3-PG13-LBJ? I think it might

warfelg
06-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Does CP3's demands open the door in LAL for CP3-PG13-LBJ? I think it might

Without massive gutting of the roster maybe. I think they would need to get rid of everyone for that.

warfelg
06-05-2018, 03:42 PM
But that's a lot for a 32? year old pg who's beat years are likely behind him. If you don't get lbj, wouldn't you rather have pg on the max instead of cp3 with capela and Harden? I mean i understand cp was a beast last year with dantoni and Harden. But the full long term max has disaster written all over it. I think.

They wonít be able to bring in an outside max like that without massive work IIRC. If they gave up CP3, they would still be over the cap.

This is a situation where they may be stuck some. They either have to pay him, or make dramatic moves to replace them. Almost to the point that itís not worth it.

Scoots
06-05-2018, 03:53 PM
I've heard plenty of speculation that there is a CP3 handshake deal for his new contract. We'll see.

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 04:03 PM
I don't see lebron going to a WC team. Ig the playoffs were all teams then it wouldn't matter. I thknk he wants to get to the finals so that in case he loses he can say "I got to finals" opposed to saying "I lost to the best team in the wcf "

Oakmont_4
06-05-2018, 05:45 PM
I've heard plenty of speculation that there is a CP3 handshake deal for his new contract. We'll see.

With who?

Oakmont_4
06-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Without massive gutting of the roster maybe. I think they would need to get rid of everyone for that.

Pretty much but it is possible to do.

D Blue987
06-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Pretty much but it is possible to do.

Yeah doubt that happens. Lakers would get significantly older while dumping all their young talent.

Scoots
06-05-2018, 06:38 PM
With who?

The Rockets.

Oakmont_4
06-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Yeah doubt that happens. Lakers would get significantly older while dumping all their young talent.

No doubt, but that team should have nothing short of a 4-5 year compete window. Probably worth it considering how far away from contending they currently stand.

Oakmont_4
06-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Hereís how the CP3-LBJ-PG13 scenario would likely have to go down.

1. HOU obviously has to be unwilling to pay CP3 his true MAX contract. If they are willing to give it to him, then itís all for not anyways.

2. Draft night, LAL trades Ennis and Bryant for a combination of future draft picks and second round picks. Clearing their non-guaranteed contracts off the books and bringing no cap holds back that would be attached to a first rounder in this yearís draft. If there's no takers, they can cut them outright with no penalty, but they should be able to get something for them

3. After the draft, LAL would obviously be in conversations talking to the trio. If they all agree they want to play together, LAL can begin their roster tear down. They would release the cap holds for Lopez, KCP, Frye, Wear and T. Ingram. After these moves, Hereís LALís cap situation.

Roster
1. Deng
2. Ball
3. Ingram
4. Kuzma
5. Hart
6. IT cap hold
7. Randle cap hold
8. Zubac
9. IRC
10. IRC
11. IRC
12. IRC

At this moment in time LALís cap figure is $63,736,056.00. On a $101M cap that leaves a hair over $37M in cap space.

The first domino to fall would be signing PG13 outright to a MAX 4 year deal. His cap hit year 1 is $31,815,000. An incomplete roster charge disappears and PG13ís contract is added to the books. Bringing their cap space down to about $5M.

LeBron James opts into his final year of his deal with CLE under the terms that heís once again forcing his way out of town, but wonít leave without bringing some value back to CLE.

CLE trades LeBron James ($35.6M)

CLE receives Deng ($18M), Ball ($7.4M), Ingram ($5.76M).

If LeBron is truly threatening to walk, thatís about as good of a return as CLE is going to get with LeBron hand picking his location

Roster recap
1. LeBron James ($35.6M)
2. Paul George ($31.8M)
3. Kuzma ($1.69M)
4. Hart ($1.66M)
5. IT cap hold ($11.9M)
6. Randle cap hold ($12.45M)
7. Zubac ($1.54M)
8. IRC
9. IRC
10. IRC
11. IRC
12. IRC

Total cap figure is now at $100,816,932. Leaving LAL just under $200k in cap space with 5 open roster spots.

The final pieces would be HOU realizing they are not going to re-sign CP3 because he wonít back off his demands. HOU is also in a tough cap situation, even with CP3 coming off the books so their ability to add players will be limited. LAL can over IT and Randle in a Sign and Trade deal for CP3 as long as their combined salaries is $30M (about right for their values) in order to be within the threshold to match CP3ís max contract. Itís not a terrible offer if CP3 is undoubtabley gone.

PG13 gets to play in LAL on a Max with 2 stars.

LeBron gets his new superteam on a 1 year deal so he can bolt if he doesnít like it.

CP3 gets his final contract at max value and gets to team up with his friend LeBron.

Starting Roster
PG Chris Paul
SG Paul George
SF LeBron James
PF Kyle Kuzma
C Ivaca Zubac
6th man: Josh Hart

No other players on the roster at this point, but Iím sure some veteran guys would be more than willing to hop aboard this team.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Lebron to Houston is not happening. if you look at the numbers, theres so many things that have to go right. at the same time why would lebron join a gutted Rockets team?

warfelg
06-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Hereís how the CP3-LBJ-PG13 scenario would likely have to go down.

1. HOU obviously has to be unwilling to pay CP3 his true MAX contract. If they are willing to give it to him, then itís all for not anyways.

2. Draft night, LAL trades Ennis and Bryant for a combination of future draft picks and second round picks. Clearing their non-guaranteed contracts off the books and bringing no cap holds back that would be attached to a first rounder in this yearís draft. If there's no takers, they can cut them outright with no penalty, but they should be able to get something for them

3. After the draft, LAL would obviously be in conversations talking to the trio. If they all agree they want to play together, LAL can begin their roster tear down. They would release the cap holds for Lopez, KCP, Frye, Wear and T. Ingram. After these moves, Hereís LALís cap situation.

Roster
1. Deng
2. Ball
3. Ingram
4. Kuzma
5. Hart
6. IT cap hold
7. Randle cap hold
8. Zubac
9. IRC
10. IRC
11. IRC
12. IRC

At this moment in time LALís cap figure is $63,736,056.00. On a $101M cap that leaves a hair over $37M in cap space.

The first domino to fall would be signing PG13 outright to a MAX 4 year deal. His cap hit year 1 is $31,815,000. An incomplete roster charge disappears and PG13ís contract is added to the books. Bringing their cap space down to about $5M.

LeBron James opts into his final year of his deal with CLE under the terms that heís once again forcing his way out of town, but wonít leave without bringing some value back to CLE.

CLE trades LeBron James ($35.6M)

CLE receives Deng ($18M), Ball ($7.4M), Ingram ($5.76M).

If LeBron is truly threatening to walk, thatís about as good of a return as CLE is going to get with LeBron hand picking his location

Roster recap
1. LeBron James ($35.6M)
2. Paul George ($31.8M)
3. Kuzma ($1.69M)
4. Hart ($1.66M)
5. IT cap hold ($11.9M)
6. Randle cap hold ($12.45M)
7. Zubac ($1.54M)
8. IRC
9. IRC
10. IRC
11. IRC
12. IRC

Total cap figure is now at $100,816,932. Leaving LAL just under $200k in cap space with 5 open roster spots.

The final pieces would be HOU realizing they are not going to re-sign CP3 because he wonít back off his demands. HOU is also in a tough cap situation, even with CP3 coming off the books so their ability to add players will be limited. LAL can over IT and Randle in a Sign and Trade deal for CP3 as long as their combined salaries is $30M (about right for their values) in order to be within the threshold to match CP3ís max contract. Itís not a terrible offer if CP3 is undoubtabley gone.

PG13 gets to play in LAL on a Max with 2 stars.

LeBron gets his new superteam on a 1 year deal so he can bolt if he doesnít like it.

CP3 gets his final contract at max value and gets to team up with his friend LeBron.

Starting Roster
PG Chris Paul
SG Paul George
SF LeBron James
PF Kyle Kuzma
C Ivaca Zubac
6th man: Josh Hart

No other players on the roster at this point, but Iím sure some veteran guys would be more than willing to hop aboard this team.

That all happening is such a long shot it's not worth discussing that much.

Giannis94
06-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Off-season thread, eh?

Tonight's tinder date

3/10 all around. Looks. Everything. Fml.

FlashBolt
06-07-2018, 04:25 AM
The Rockets are no longer a destination Bron should join. I saw Harden underperform and I just can't see him being a good duo with LeBron. With CP3, I don't see why he deserves the max and he's not better than LeBron at anything so why would it make sense for him to be on the team still? I don't see the Rockets being better than they were this year.

Philly
Lakers
San Antonio

Those are the three teams I think he choose.

Why choose Cleveland?

Warriors? I mean, I think if Warriors offered Klay+Green for Bron, would Bron agree to it? Because Cavs will 100% take that deal if Bron were to leave anyways. But it would damage Bron's legacy depending on whom you ask. Warriors would smash every team by a wide margin.

Miami? Lol, they are a total mess right now.

Boston = I don't see how it would make sense. Way too many moves need to be made and I'm not sure Boston needs LeBron with how well their players are right now.

I just don't see what any other team in the NBA would offer. Pelicans? They have AD and Jrue is a great defender but how is that better than what Philly has? I mean, there is nothing out there for him other than those three teams I've mentioned.

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 09:41 AM
I heard Kyrie is going to do everything he can to get LeBron with the Celtics this summer. I would assume itíll have to be a sign and trade.

Kyrie
Brown/Tatum
Hayward/Tatum
LeBron
Horford

If the Warriors and their fans want championships to mean anything hereís a way.

Dade County
06-07-2018, 09:42 AM
I don't see lebron going to a WC team. Ig the playoffs were all teams then it wouldn't matter. I thknk he wants to get to the finals so that in case he loses he can say "I got to finals" opposed to saying "I lost to the best team in the wcf "

Unless KD & Lbj are joining the Lakers together, I have to agree with you. I don't see Lbj ever leaving the East.

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2018, 09:47 AM
I heard Kyrie is going to do everything he can to get LeBron with the Celtics this summer. I would assume itíll have to be a sign and trade.

Kyrie
Brown/Tatum
Hayward/Tatum
LeBron
Horford

If the Warriors and their fans want championships to mean anything hereís a way.

thats never happening. Celtics would have to trade one of their big contracts to make the money work. Horford or Hayward would have to get dumped.

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 09:56 AM
thats never happening. Celtics would have to trade one of their big contracts to make the money work. Horford or Hayward would have to get dumped.

I donít think they would but even if they did, you wouldnít trade Hayward for LeBron lol? Rozier Hayward and any filler if necessary.

Oakmont_4
06-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Not necessarily. They could make it work. They need to come up with 28M in outgoing salary to get LeBron back in a trade.

They could S&T Smart, along with Morris, Rozier, Yabu, Nader, Ojeleye and Theis

Smart would have to sign for $25M, which makes him a BYC player, so his outgoing salary would only count as 12.5M.

HIGHLY unlikely and I don't even want LeBron but not impossible. it is theoretically possible to keep Irving/Hayward/Horford/Tatum/Brown and still bring in LeBron.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Lebron to Houston is not happening. if you look at the numbers, theres so many things that have to go right. at the same time why would lebron join a gutted Rockets team?

Rockets would have to find a taker for Anderson. Besides maybe dealing Ariza and Gordon. Then go into tax keeping Capela. Morey has a lot to do to have a big 3 in Houston.

Oakmont_4
06-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Rockets would have to find a taker for Anderson. Besides maybe dealing Ariza and Gordon. Then go into tax keeping Capela. Morey has a lot to do to have a big 3 in Houston.

It's really not as complicated as people want to make it out to be.

All HOU really has to do is ship out Anderson and Gordon for LeBron (LeBron is better than both combined so it's not gutting the team). The contracts work in a S&T scenario. I imagine to t CLE to bite you turn it into a BRK/BOS trade scenario and attach 3 first round picks. If I'm CLE I ask for 2020, 2022 and 2024. Houston's window will be closed up by 2022 and those picks figure to be good ones.

HOU would have to renounce Ariza so they're not over the luxury tax (luxury tax teams can't participate in S&T deals). But they could bring him back for the MLE. I'd venture to guess he'd be on board with that considering he'd be an integral piece on a championship team.

Once the trade is completed they can go over the cap to re-sign CP3 and Capella. I'd venture to guess they bring back Johnson and Green cheap as well.

That leaves

PG - CP3
SG - Harden/Green/Johnson
SF - Ariza/Tucker
PF - LeBron/Hilario
C - Capella/Qi

Not exactly a gutted team by any means. That's a better team than the 17/18 version.

WaDe03
06-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Bosh says he thinks LeBron is going to Houston.

warfelg
06-07-2018, 11:10 PM

Wait....what?

D Blue987
06-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Lol I hope Boston does that. They would be stupid to trade for him. He is a liability on defense and his offense is deteriorating quickly for 28 mil. lol.

D Blue987
06-07-2018, 11:24 PM

All HOU really has to do is ship out Anderson and Gordon for LeBron (LeBron is better than both combined so it's not gutting the team). The contracts work in a S&T scenario. I imagine to t CLE to bite you turn it into a BRK/BOS trade scenario and attach 3 first round picks. If I'm CLE I ask for 2020, 2022 and 2024. Houston's window will be closed up by 2022 and those picks figure to be good ones.

HOU would have to renounce Ariza so they're not over the luxury tax (luxury tax teams can't participate in S&T deals). But they could bring him back for the MLE. I'd venture to guess he'd be on board with that considering he'd be an integral piece on a championship team.

Once the trade is completed they can go over the cap to re-sign CP3 and Capella. I'd venture to guess they bring back Johnson and Green cheap as well.

That leaves

PG - CP3
SF - Ariza/Tucker
PF - LeBron/Hilario
C - Capella/Qi

Not exactly a gutted team by any means. That's a better team than the 17/18 version.

That's a lot of ball dominant players. Don't know that it's worth the risk when they were easily a healthy CP3 away from taking down the Warriors. That team could be better than last year for sure but I could also see them regressing with Lebron on that team as well. We saw it with Westbrook George and Melo. Sometimes guys don't mesh well with one another. We will see. If it happens, that team would be entertaining to say the least.

BKLYNpigeon
06-08-2018, 12:13 AM

Thats the thing, Rockets don't have many assets to get rid of Andersons 2y 40m contract without taking some money back in return.

Cal827
06-08-2018, 02:05 AM

Wait....what?

:laugh2: The **** is Ainge thinking? Do It! Add to the Glut of swingmen scorers to the team and lose the one interior presence they have at the moment. Ainge must of touched the good stuff before discussing this.

Side note, (hypotethicial) have fun scoring on a line up of:

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Horford
Adams

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-08-2018, 11:16 AM

That leaves

PG - CP3
SF - Ariza/Tucker
PF - LeBron/Hilario
C - Capella/Qi

Time will tell. Guess anything can happen. But who is to say LeBron,Harden,CP3 fall off by 2020? That pick could be #29 or #30. Yeah the two after they could slip a tad. But still easily playoffs if healthy. I think Lakers have a better chance of coughing up two or three young guys to dump Deng if they got two stars in the bag already. Heck I could see the Suns eat Deng if Ball is included.

Suns draft Ayton, Get Ball then still have Booker,Jackson,Warren. Heck maybe Kuzma be tossed in as well. Suns be a nice exciting young team. Suns could even flip Deng the following season after for then next worst contract inline and get a asset. Suns are known to collect PG's. They are due to get one soon enough.

Scoots
06-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Wait....what?

I don't buy it.

Giannis94
06-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Boston probably wants picks or promising young players with him.

But I think this is an illusion for some sort of bigger move he's working on

FlashBolt
06-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Wait....what?

:laugh2: The **** is Ainge thinking? Do It! Add to the Glut of swingmen scorers to the team and lose the one interior presence they have at the moment. Ainge must of touched the good stuff before discussing this.

Side note, (hypotethicial) have fun scoring on a line up of:

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Horford
Adams

I mean, it's so obvious that's a loser who wants followers. New Twitter user, lack of followers trying to attract attention with clickbait articles, and then mentioning Woj as a source is always going to have people thinking it's legit.

SfgiantsJD3
06-08-2018, 01:12 PM
I mean, it's so obvious that's a loser who wants followers. New Twitter user, lack of followers trying to attract attention with clickbait articles, and then mentioning Woj as a source is always going to have people thinking it's legit.

Its the wife again

Scoots
06-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Its the wife again

hehe She's always up to something

papipapsmanny
06-09-2018, 12:07 AM
I like fantasies.

Sign and Trade Lebron to the Wizards for Gortat, Porter, and the number 15 Pick...

Roll with Wall-Beal-Oubre-Lebron-Mahami ... its a squad at least.....

papipapsmanny
06-09-2018, 12:10 AM
I like fantasies.

Sign and Trade Lebron to the Wizards for Gortat, Porter, and the number 15 Pick...

Roll with Wall-Beal-Oubre-Lebron-Mahami ... its a squad at least.....

Why the Wizards would do it...... Obivous.

Cleveland.... better to get a pick, Porter, and an expiring contract with Gortat, that to get nothing.

Lebron - Can certainly play off the ball and shoot and post up a bit, Wall will find you. Beal can shoot, Oubre is a bit up and coming with good D, and Mahimi is a rebounder, post defense. Stays in the east....

Dade County
06-09-2018, 04:20 AM
I would think Westbrook seeing KD win another ring, might secretly deep down inside want out of OKC.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Why the Wizards would do it...... Obivous.

Cleveland.... better to get a pick, Porter, and an expiring contract with Gortat, that to get nothing.

Lebron - Can certainly play off the ball and shoot and post up a bit, Wall will find you. Beal can shoot, Oubre is a bit up and coming with good D, and Mahimi is a rebounder, post defense. Stays in the east....

Cavs are paying huge repeater tax already and this leaves them there. Itíd just be horrible business for them to pay like $200M in tax and contracts for this package. No chance.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Thats the thing, Rockets don't have many assets to get rid of Andersons 2y 40m contract without taking some money back in return.

Even the poorly ran front office of the Kings didn't fall for the two first round picks to eat Anderson. They spent their cap on Hill,Carter,ZBO. Around the league most teams weren't falling for two first round picks to eat Anderson. Morey even said midseason its to costly to sweeten the pot to have a team eat Anderson. I doubt even 3 first round picks does it. Most teams with max cap slots have their own ideas of spending. Only real asset Rockets have is RFA Capela. If a team with a ton of capspace wants him they just over pay him to force Morey's hands.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Shams mentions Shumpert picked up his $11M option. I'm sure Temple picks up his option next. Then Kings barely got any cap. So that be one less team to eat Anderson. Or another team not to throw a crazy contract to Jabari.

FlashBolt
06-09-2018, 12:53 PM
I would think Westbrook seeing KD win another ring, might secretly deep down inside want out of OKC.

Lol. You'd be deeply disappointed if you think Westbrook cares about that. He's a stat-padder who cares about triple doubles. I've seen enough to just blast him out like this.

Scoots
06-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Totally pointless stat

In the last 4 years the Warriors have played 4 regular seasons of 82 games each and averaged 66 wins a year, and in the playoffs in those years played 83 games and gone 63-20 ... see the playoffs ARE harder than the regular season!

mike_noodles
06-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Click bait time of year, so many fake stories out there and still coming. Especially the "so and so might end up here, or there, or this other place, unless this team jumps in, then maybe he might go there". **** I hate that.

Anyways, Raptors looking to make a big move. Hopefully they can find a way to grab another star. I'm sure they're going to be sniffing around some big names. Would be awesome to steal away one of the big free agents/disgruntled superstars.

Scoots
06-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Click bait time of year, so many fake stories out there and still coming. Especially the "so and so might end up here, or there, or this other place, unless this team jumps in, then maybe he might go there". **** I hate that.

Anyways, Raptors looking to make a big move. Hopefully they can find a way to grab another star. I'm sure they're going to be sniffing around some big names. Would be awesome to steal away one of the big free agents/disgruntled superstars.

I like to look at what's out there and say "I'd like x or y to join my team" but I see little point in all the bloviating about "THIS WILL HAPPEN" and all that stuff. That said, it's all about speculation and if you don't like it this just isn't the place to hang out in the offseason :)

papipapsmanny
06-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Anybody have any creative idea what the Wizards can do (outside blowing it up)

Some how get Cousins in a Sign and Trade for Porter, Gortat, and a 2nd? Help me out here folks, need some kind of hope for them

Giannis94
06-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Oakmont_4
06-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Anybody have any creative idea what the Wizards can do (outside blowing it up)

Some how get Cousins in a Sign and Trade for Porter, Gortat, and a 2nd? Help me out here folks, need some kind of hope for them

Lot's of things you can do. None will help. This team has peaked. Blow it up.

FandomXP
06-10-2018, 11:33 AM
I am a for sure a fan of a good sports dynasty but I have been arguing with a bunch of friends lately over the "Super Team" that is golden state. What is everyone's opinion on this, is it "ok" to just group the best players on the same team and go to 4 straight championships? I tend to think that it makes the sport less interesting but how can one fix whats happening with this in the NBA???

papipapsmanny
06-10-2018, 12:50 PM
^^ Get rid of Max contracts... No predetermined amounts, just straight negotiations and supply and demand.

Also use the what baseball uses. Qualifying Offers, if the player rejects it, then any team that signs him that has a top 15 pick, needs to forfeit that pick the sign the player.

If the pick is outside the top 15, they forfeit that pick and the following years draft pick where ever that may be.

BDawk4Prez
06-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Lebron with the ol injury excuse. What an attention seeking whore he is.

Scoots
06-10-2018, 05:57 PM
^^ Get rid of Max contracts... No predetermined amounts, just straight negotiations and supply and demand.

Also use the what baseball uses. Qualifying Offers, if the player rejects it, then any team that signs him that has a top 15 pick, needs to forfeit that pick the sign the player.

If the pick is outside the top 15, they forfeit that pick and the following years draft pick where ever that may be.

If you get rid of max contracts you need to get rid of guaranteed contracts too. While the superstars will certainly vote to get rid of the max I suspect you won't find many middle or worse players willing to accept that or the end of guaranteed contracts.

mike_noodles
06-10-2018, 07:20 PM
I like to look at what's out there and say "I'd like x or y to join my team" but I see little point in all the bloviating about "THIS WILL HAPPEN" and all that stuff. That said, it's all about speculation and if you don't like it this just isn't the place to hang out in the offseason :)

It's the mights and maybes that bug me really. I love the gossip too. I just find reporters are afraid to actually commit and use those words so that they're never truly wrong. They give headlines to generate clicks, and I understand why, it's just gotten to the point of ridiculous.

mike_noodles
06-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Lebron with the ol injury excuse. What an attention seeking whore he is.

But does anyone actually believe they win if his hand is healthy? Not only that, but it happens with many teams every year in every sport. We find out after they are eliminated that so and so was playing with an injury. Doesn't surprise me that Lebron was injured in some form.

warfelg
06-10-2018, 07:43 PM

papipapsmanny
06-10-2018, 10:22 PM
If you get rid of max contracts you need to get rid of guaranteed contracts too. While the superstars will certainly vote to get rid of the max I suspect you won't find many middle or worse players willing to accept that or the end of guaranteed contracts.

No you don't, why would that mean the end of guaranteed contracts? Thats on the owners/GMs if they dish out a contract that they later regret.

CHANGO
06-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Here it looks clearer. Definitely swollen hand. After that game 1 I saw his game change too, he was reluctant to shoot unlike the first game. Such a shame maybe we would be watching a Finals game tonight. :laugh:

Scoots
06-10-2018, 10:45 PM
No you don't, why would that mean the end of guaranteed contracts? Thats on the owners/GMs if they dish out a contract that they later regret.

So why would the owners agree to get rid of the max?

Scoots
06-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Here it looks clearer. Definitely swollen hand. After that game 1 I saw his game change too, he was reluctant to shoot unlike the first game. Such a shame maybe we would be watching a Finals game tonight. :laugh:

Such a shame Iguodala took a knee to his knee and missed those games. Such a shame JR Smith did a slide tackle on Klay so he played on 1 leg for the finals. Such a shame a surgeon screwed up Kerr's back surgery so he has to coach through migraines every day. Such a shame the players didn't want cap smoothing and allowed KD to go to the Warriors in the first place. Such a shame hand checking was outlawed. Such a shame the ABA ever added the 3 point shot. Such a shame Wilt was so dominant the 3 second rule was created. Maybe we'd be watching basketball being played by George Mikan IV and his team tonight.

What happened happened. When do we move on to next season?

CHANGO
06-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Such a shame Iguodala took a knee to his knee and missed those games. Such a shame JR Smith did a slide tackle on Klay so he played on 1 leg for the finals. Such a shame a surgeon screwed up Kerr's back surgery so he has to coach through migraines every day. Such a shame the players didn't want cap smoothing and allowed KD to go to the Warriors in the first place. Such a shame hand checking was outlawed. Such a shame the ABA ever added the 3 point shot. Such a shame Wilt was so dominant the 3 second rule was created. Maybe we'd be watching basketball being played by George Mikan IV and his team tonight.

What happened happened. When do we move on to next season?

Why are you so defensive? Did you take your pills? Classic Warriors fan with his passive aggressive stuff. GTFOH with that ******** I was just commenting the obvious about Lebron's hand, as an NBA fan it would have been amazing to get more games instead of this ****** Finals.

And lol at "JR doing a slide tackle" LMFAO!!

Oh btw I "move onto the next season" whenever I want since you obviously closed the NBA Finals thread without any reason and that tweet/post by warfelg was posted here.

Oakland
06-11-2018, 01:45 AM

Many people thought he was faking it to cover up for losing. This is clear proof he really was hurt.

Saddletramp
06-11-2018, 02:11 AM
They wouldíve lost anyway but it sucks that the best player in the world had an injury when he went against Goliath. But what you gonna do?

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2018, 02:46 AM

Owners and Players Association would have to agree on that. I doubt players would ever give up guarantee contracts. CBA isnít for another 5 years. Canít make any changes till then.

BDawk4Prez
06-11-2018, 05:54 AM
A shame Lebron couldnít control his emotions enough that it hurt his teams chances. MeBron.

Scoots
06-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Why are you so defensive? Did you take your pills? Classic Warriors fan with his passive aggressive stuff. GTFOH with that ******** I was just commenting the obvious about Lebron's hand, as an NBA fan it would have been amazing to get more games instead of this ****** Finals.

Oh btw I "move onto the next season" whenever I want since you obviously closed the NBA Finals thread without any reason and that tweet/post by warfelg was posted here.

It was a joke ... I thought it was obvious.

Scoots
06-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Owners and Players Association would have to agree on that. I doubt players would ever give up guarantee contracts. CBA isnít for another 5 years. Canít make any changes till then.

I agree. Which is why a hard cap isn't going to happen and max contracts are not going anywhere.

CHANGO
06-11-2018, 11:27 AM
It was a joke ... I thought it was obvious.

Next time put an emoji because coming from you nothing seems like a joke. :laugh:

You see?

Saddletramp
06-11-2018, 05:41 PM
I agree. Which is why a hard cap isn't going to happen and max contracts are not going anywhere.

What about a hard luxury cap? Letís say 50% over the salary cap? Since youíre already over the salary cap anyway, you canít add anyone new (without all of these goddamn exceptions) so itís just policing the top spenders. If the way things are going continue, this **** will get unwatchable soon.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 09:58 PM
https://twitter.com/hoopsreference/status/1006200807967154176?s=21

Amazing

Saddletramp
06-11-2018, 10:22 PM
https://twitter.com/hoopsreference/status/1006200807967154176?s=21

Amazing

I love the first comment.

Giannis94
06-11-2018, 10:57 PM
I love the first comment.

I love the "is Steve Kerr an idiot"" at the end lol

RobertGreene
06-12-2018, 05:24 AM
It is not a trend that NBA success is a great deal or a matter. National Basketball Association coaches have been dominating hires that all the coaches work great for ultimate success.

prodigy
06-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Rockets really want lebron but pretty much only way he goes there is through sign and trade. Cavs will not just hand Lebron over again like last time. Lebron should also be willing to help the cavs, fans and community he says he loves so much. So lets do a sign and trade.

Capela- sign and trade
Gordon- 13.5mill

for

Lebron James- 35mill

Houston does it because Its lebron James and gives them a great chance to win a title or two. Losing Capela sucks but gotta give to get and cavs won't hand him over for nothing.

Cavs do it because lebron will leave anyway and to receive a young talented center would be great.

Cavs roster-

C- Capela/TT/Aztic
PF- Love/nance
SF- Porter Jr/Osman (some suggest he will be there at 8, I would still try to move up a couple sports if possible)
SG- Hood/Gordon
PG- Hill/Clarkson or a FA

Pending how good Porter is that team can make noise in a weak east. Little bit of a pipe dream but we will see how much Huston wants Lebron and how much they wanna beat Warriors.

Giannis94
06-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Rockets really want lebron but pretty much only way he goes there is through sign and trade. Cavs will not just hand Lebron over again like last time. Lebron should also be willing to help the cavs, fans and community he says he loves so much. So lets do a sign and trade.

Capela- sign and trade
Gordon- 13.5mill

for

Lebron James- 35mill

Houston does it because Its lebron James and gives them a great chance to win a title or two. Losing Capela sucks but gotta give to get and cavs won't hand him over for nothing.

Cavs do it because lebron will leave anyway and to receive a young talented center would be great.

Cavs roster-

C- Capela/TT/Aztic
PF- Love/nance
SF- Porter Jr/Osman (some suggest he will be there at 8, I would still try to move up a couple sports if possible)
SG- Hood/Gordon

Pending how good Porter is that team can make noise in a weak east. Little bit of a pipe dream but we will see how much Huston wants Lebron and how much they wanna beat Warriors.

Why would Capela S&T to go to Cleveland without Bron? Capela holds a lot of cards and I have no reason to see why he, or any other up and coming stud would want to go to dysfunctional organization that would just be starting a rebuild.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Capela- sign and trade
Gordon- 13.5mill

for

Lebron James- 35mill

Cavs roster-

C- Capela/TT/Aztic
PF- Love/nance
SG- Hood/Gordon

S&T's get a little tricky. Sign and trading Capela he'd have to be sent out solo. Any other Rocket players would have to be a separate second side trade. That's only way for a loophole for trading. But even then doubt Cavs help any teams to land LeBron and doubt Cavs wanna match salaries coming back since even without LeBron over the cap.

FlashBolt
06-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Bro, I said the same thing and he used the same comment to reply back to me.. It just isn't funny nor one would think it is a joke because it honestly isn't one.. I don't see why it makes sense to bring up past injuries. No one used it as an excuse. Simply put, Cavs likely lose anyways but why is any information (an injury) an excuse? No one is using it as such.