PDA

View Full Version : ECSF: Toronto Raptors [1] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4] Cavs win 4-0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

kdspurman
04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

https://thumb.ibb.co/fH0S4H/Cavs2.gifVS.http://i67.tinypic.com/33m7h8o.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Toronto: Tuesday, May 1, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Toronto: Thursday, May 3, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 3 in Cleveland: Saturday, May 5, 8:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 4 in Cleveland: Monday, May 7, 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Toronto: Wednesday, May 9, TBD, TNT*

Game 6 in Cleveland: Friday, May 11, TBD, ESPN *

Game 7 in Toronto: Sunday, May 13, TBD

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/r05idc.gif

C: Kevin Love
PF: Jeff Green
SF: Lebron James
SG: Rodney Hood
PG: George Hill

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/4smm2s.gif

C: Jonas Valanciunas
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF: Ogugua Anunoby
SG: DeMar Derozan
PG: Kyle Lowry

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland

http://i64.tinypic.com/dpg48h.jpg

Air Canada Centre, Toronto

http://i63.tinypic.com/2py11yh.jpg

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Raps in 6

homie564
04-30-2018, 03:55 PM
I canít bet against lebron. Cavs in 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
04-30-2018, 04:02 PM
I went with Cavs in 6. If it goes 7, I think Toronto will win. I think the only way the Cavs win this series is by stealing one of the first 2 games in Toronto, then winning all their home games.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 04:03 PM
i need to see game 1 and how Cavs play outside of Bron. If they suck the way they did vs Pacers, this is over in 5 or 6 for Cavs. I'd like to say Cavs in 6 if they play their regular season ball but I'm leaning towards Cavs in 7.

R. Johnson#3
04-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Raps in 7. In the previous seasons I'd have laughed at myself for betting against Lebron but not this year. This is the Raptors only real shot at the Finals as long as Lebron stays in the East.

ewing
04-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Raps in 6

archdevil84
04-30-2018, 04:55 PM
cavs in 4. Yolo

AllBall
04-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Raps in 4? Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Cal827
04-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Now that this thread is up, I'm wondering what happens first, 10k posts, or a trip to the Village :laugh2:

To the series:

I believe that Toronto wins this series in 6 games, a couple reasons why.

1. Kyle Lowry. He looks much better coming off the Wizards series, than he did vs Milwaukee a year ago. This season, he was pivotal in putting them away; last season he was one of the main reasons that the Raptors blew a 25 point lead in game 6 (which Derozan did save for the Raptors).

I would think that his confidence is higher than it was last season. Also include that the Cavs don't have Kyrie, who in both of the previous years, has been able to cause him problems/tire him out by running around the court.

2. The Cavs sharp shooting. In the sweep last season, Cleveland was unbelievably hot from beyond the arc. Lebron took hit 49% of his 27 3s last year, while Korver hit 55%, Frye hit 64% and JR hit 45%. Channing's gone, and the team doesn't seem to have the range they did as a whole last season (Frye's gone, Nance/Clarkson aren't great 3 point shooters). While it could happen again, it would seem to be most likely

3. The Bench/Defense. With Vanvleet back, the Raptors appeared a bit more calm in their second unit. If that second unit is going, then there really isn't another bench group that can stop them. They can continue on with their starters, but although Lebron is a god, it's likely the other guys (E.g. Love) will gas out.

The best bet for Toronto in this series would be to predominantly play Lebron 1v1 and stick to the other guys, as that's what kills us. It was shown this year, in one of the losses to Cleveland... he was scoring pretty frequently in the first half, but the Raptors were up big... but they started to send an extra guy at him in the second half, and Lebron would basically find the open man each time (I think he got like 15 assists and no TOs) in the comeback.

This is the worst Lebron led team since he got to the 2007 NBA finals (and it might possibly be worse than that). If the Raptors maintain composure, and make sure that they don't let their defense break, then this series should be theirs in 5 or 6 games.

This is the best shot for Toronto to take a Lebron James led team down (as well as get to the finals). In 2016, they possibly exceeded expectations by pushing that series to 6 games, and last season they heavily disappointed by getting swept in a series where many thought that the series would be extended and possibly go 7 games. If they can't get the job done in this series, then there will not be a way to dispute the label that the Raptors have right now (although might be a little premature) as playoff chokers.

They're the higher seed, they have HCA, much better team chemistry, and they're against Lebron James on a team with a bunch of guys who don't really fit his game, and lack overall chemistry. If they can't get by this season, then they'll become the George led Indiana Pacers of the mid 2010s, where they kept playing Lebron's Heat; battled them in a few playoff series, finally got Home Court against them (and a weakened Heat team), but in the end, they choked and couldn't get the job done.

It'll be interesting to see how the Raptors react if they lose one of the first home games in Toronto. Cause it might be a good indication on how this series is going to go.

Cal827
04-30-2018, 05:27 PM
:laugh2: Some Heat fans having fun in the polls

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 06:02 PM
Could see it playing out like:

G1 @ Toronto- Raps win 1-0

G2 @ Toronto- Raps win 2-0

G3 @ Cleveland- Cavs win 2-1

G4 @ Cleveland- Raps win 3-1

G5 @ Toronto- Cavs win 3-2

G6 @ Cleveland- Raps win 4-2

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Cavs are just a bad team. I know what TT did in G7 against Indiana, but he's still wrapped up in all that Kardashian drama and I doubt we'll see that him again. Just can't ignore how bad Cavs interior defense is and I can see Toronto's slashers having a field day all series long. Wouldn't surprise me if this went 5 TBH.

Nick O
04-30-2018, 06:14 PM
**** this is tough. Were deeper than Indy, but Its so hard to bet against LBJ . If the raps dont win games 1 and 2 Im going with Cleveland. I wanted to play Indy, Lebron is terrifying.

LOb0
04-30-2018, 06:50 PM
Raptors in 6. LeBron will have to go beyond Supernova to win this. He sounds so exhausted after G7. I think this Cavs team is a lot worse than people realize.

Nick O
04-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Raptors in 6. LeBron will have to go beyond Supernova to win this. He sounds so exhausted after G7. I think this Cavs team is a lot worse than people realize.

while i agree (though He could go supernova so im still terrified) Do you believe Love and Smith will continue to play this poorly?

kobe4thewinbang
04-30-2018, 07:23 PM
I want the Cavaliers to get it together, but I'm going with the Raptors in 5. I think they can pull the upset in the rubber match, if they go up 2-0 since first two are in "The North." This Cavaliers team already had enough trouble when they lost to the road team in game 1. Now, surely most folks think the Cavaliers "got" Toronto's number 9 times out of 10, but it just took them seven games to oust the Pacers. Toronto has 3 years of pent-up aggression, the #1 seed, some acknowledgment now that the 3PTer is a good thing, a healthy Lowry (knock on wood) and DeRozan who has yet to HAM in the playoffs but has had some strong games this year.

If the Raptors are ever going to beat the Cavaliers in this rivalry, it's this season. It's not completely unheard of for LeBron to lose in the East, which he did before the Cavaliers made the Finals once and then he went to Miami.

LeBron is already admitting his exhaustion due to the lack of help. Now, there were some sparks of hope in Game 7, Thompson and Love kinda getting it going, but it's gotta be more consistent if they're going to beat the Raptors. Pretty sure LeBron didn't have 40+ points when they swept Toronto last season or in the 6 games year before that.

:shrug:

Two ways it plays out: The Cavaliers somehow gel finally and get past Raptors, still led strongly by LeBron. Then either the Celtics or 76ers are next, two hungry fiery young teams. It's *possible* LeBron goes into the Avatar state and somehow makes the Finals yet again. Then what? There's no way he defeats the western team, be it Houston or the Warriors. He couldn't do it by himself and better players before, and he barely did it with Love & Irving and that was before Kevin Durant showed up, see last year. Now, no Irving and less reliable players? No chance.

I definitely see it as more likely that the Cavaliers fall to the 76ers (my pick vs Boston, 4-2) and it would be nice as a 'old guard meets the new blood' moment. I just think LeBron is almost out of gas, and he still has two strong teams ahead of him, before he even can get annihilated by the western team.

:faint:
:badidea:

I could see Toronto getting past the 76ers, though, but I still Lowry will get hurt eventually. Never fails.

R. Johnson#3
04-30-2018, 07:40 PM
I didn't watch as closely in other games but at times in game 7 Lebron had nothing on the defensive end. He was completely gassed and it showed. If the starters and 2nd unit both run the ball down down their throat then somethings gotta give. It'd be a good way to utilize their depth too.

The Raps need to hack Lebron on the defensive end, plain and simple. Even if we send him to the line 15 times, keep hacking him. Go under screens and make him take jumpers. Basically force him to go into his post game which for some reason he hates. The only reason I can see him not liking it is because playing in the post takes a lot out of you. Lots of pushing and shoving and what not. Not really what you want to be doing a lot of if you're going to be playing 40+ minutes a game.

Nick O
04-30-2018, 07:54 PM
I didn't watch as closely in other games but at times in game 7 Lebron had nothing on the defensive end. He was completely gassed and it showed. If the starters and 2nd unit both run the ball down down their throat then somethings gotta give. It'd be a good way to utilize their depth too.

The Raps need to hack Lebron on the defensive end, plain and simple. Even if we send him to the line 15 times, keep hacking him. Go under screens and make him take jumpers. Basically force him to go into his post game which for some reason he hates. The only reason I can see him not liking it is because playing in the post takes a lot out of you. Lots of pushing and shoving and what not. Not really what you want to be doing a lot of if you're going to be playing 40+ minutes a game.

idk hes like the one player i dont wanna "hack" angry LeBron is the last LeBron we want to see. the guys on PTI seem to think he can dominate the raps down low but i think they can hold their own, im more worried about his mid range getting hot. hes gonna get his, im just hoping the rest of the cavs stay cold , Also lowkey worried game 7 Tristan Thompson sticks around, i dont think he will, but when hes playing well hes an issue.

Jamiecballer
04-30-2018, 08:17 PM
My head says Raptors in 5 but my balls say Cavs in 7. I just don't have them (the balls) to state unequivocally that the Raptors will win. Even though they should because this cavs team is hot garbage plus the goat.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

mike_noodles
04-30-2018, 08:51 PM
Cavs in 6. Although, if ever there were a year this is it.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 09:06 PM
You can't carry that terrible Cavs performance vs Indiana in this Raptors series. Wait till game 1.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Hope the raptors smell the blood in the tall grass!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AllBall
04-30-2018, 09:31 PM
If the Raptors don't beat the Cavs and make it to the Finals now, sheeeeeeeeeittttt, blow it up. I means seriously. It's practically being handed on a platter. I mean Lebron carrying that Cavs team like a corpse into the second round was just....man, just hand that dude the MVP trophy. Let's stop fooling ourselves. Best player on the team and the leauge. If he does it again and takes them to the ECF, he's just creating a new kind of Legend for himself. I thought coming back 3-1 as impressive, this is something else.

MJNetsIsles
04-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Raptors defeat Cavs. Lebron opts out and signs with the NY Knicks in Free Agency.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 11:55 PM
I believe this team is a bunch of young scared talented guys who just need to wake up. I think the Cavs will play better and better. Cavs in 5-6. Even though they are in the playoffs, each game is a practice, where guys are simply trying to mesh. Impossible to win games l8ke that. They need to simplify and run plays only to guys strengths.

LOb0
05-01-2018, 01:18 AM
while i agree (though He could go supernova so im still terrified) Do you believe Love and Smith will continue to play this poorly?

Have Love and Smith given any reason at all to think they'll suddenly be consistent? I've picked LeBron to go to the finals every year since like 09. There's a reason why I've finally lost faith, and it anit due to Bron.

COOLbeans
05-01-2018, 01:43 AM

I think Lebron was messing around there playing mind games. No way heíd reveal a weakness this early. Dude knows what heís doing he comes from the old school.

Cavs in 7

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 05:32 AM
idk hes like the one player i dont wanna "hack" angry LeBron is the last LeBron we want to see. the guys on PTI seem to think he can dominate the raps down low but i think they can hold their own, im more worried about his mid range getting hot. hes gonna get his, im just hoping the rest of the cavs stay cold , Also lowkey worried game 7 Tristan Thompson sticks around, i dont think he will, but when hes playing well hes an issue.

It's not so much about getting him angry as much as it is just wearing him down. Also if we can establish a shot blocking presence (Ibaka/Poeltl) we could even make him shy away from driving at times. You must remember 2 post season's ago when Bismack just being there literally kept him out of the paint for long stretches.

I agree with the guys on PTI, he can definitely dominate us down low. The guy is practically unstoppable in the post. The thing is, if he plays down low a bunch he'll burn himself out much quicker. The main thing for me is transition. Lebron can't have any possessions where he comes across the timeline and can find a lane. We need to make him operate out of the half court offence because transition buckets are basically automatic for him.

Jamiecballer
05-01-2018, 08:10 AM
You can't carry that terrible Cavs performance vs Indiana in this Raptors series. Wait till game 1.

true... but you can still look at the cavs post deadline and say damn that team is weak, damn good thing they have Lebron because if he was any less than he was post-deadline do they even make the playoffs? the man is that good. i bet he showers while listening to

The Man by The Killers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xcybdis1k

TheDish87
05-01-2018, 09:45 AM
if the Raps cant win this series its time to blow it up, this is the best chance they are ever going to have to make the finals

Heediot
05-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Coin flip. Rooting for the home town team.

prodigy
05-01-2018, 09:56 AM
The Pacers just had Cleveland's number all season and that transferred into the post season.

But the Cavs own the Raptors in the past and this season also. So i believe cavs in 6. I wouldn't be shocked if Cavs lost but its hard to go against the Goat and the fact Cleveland always beats the raptors.

Its all a mute point. Warriors rigged this crap 2 seasons ago.

Driven
05-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Really looking forward to this series. It's time for Toronto to step up.

IndyRealist
05-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Raptors are better than the Pacers and Indiana was only 2 FG away from taking the series from Cleveland in multiple games. Lebron is tired. Raptors in 6.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:46 AM
The Pacers just had Cleveland's number all season and that transferred into the post season.

But the Cavs own the Raptors in the past and this season also. So i believe cavs in 6. I wouldn't be shocked if Cavs lost but its hard to go against the Goat and the fact Cleveland always beats the raptors.

Its all a mute point. Warriors rigged this crap 2 seasons ago.

Granted the Cavs were 2-1 against the Raps in the reg season but both their wins came in tight games at home. The Raps crushed the Cavs by 34 when they played in Toronto. Road wins will be huge in this series.

Nick O
05-01-2018, 01:02 PM
It's not so much about getting him angry as much as it is just wearing him down. Also if we can establish a shot blocking presence (Ibaka/Poeltl) we could even make him shy away from driving at times. You must remember 2 post season's ago when Bismack just being there literally kept him out of the paint for long stretches.

I agree with the guys on PTI, he can definitely dominate us down low. The guy is practically unstoppable in the post. The thing is, if he plays down low a bunch he'll burn himself out much quicker. The main thing for me is transition. Lebron can't have any possessions where he comes across the timeline and can find a lane. We need to make him operate out of the half court offence because transition buckets are basically automatic for him.

man i remember Bismack giving him issues, Id love to see Ibaka get to him a little bit. but wel see how worn down he is from the last series tonight, im hoping he starts a little flat.

Nick O
05-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Have Love and Smith given any reason at all to think they'll suddenly be consistent? I've picked LeBron to go to the finals every year since like 09. There's a reason why I've finally lost faith, and it anit due to Bron.

K Love a little bit. hes always a threat. If Smith misses his first couple of shots hes useless

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Gonna give you all a heads-up: If the Raptors win tonight..

https://i.imgflip.com/29g3f8.jpg

Jamiecballer
05-01-2018, 02:31 PM
^ we should be so past that by now. what that tells me is that MJ would not have had the easy ride some people want to suggest he would had he played in this era.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Nick O
05-01-2018, 04:22 PM
idk. im still worried about Love, Korver, Smith and Thompson, just because they had a poor series, these guys are proven players. Escpecially Korver and Smith if they start hitting we might be ****ed.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I'm just relieved the Cavs no longer have the Raptor killer in Channing Frye. Didn't he almost shoot 70% from 3 against us last year?

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Gonna give you all a heads-up: If the Raptors win tonight..

https://i.imgflip.com/29g3f8.jpg

See in this series we have a rare case of double edged trolling. There's trolls for either side just salivating at the opportunity!

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm just relieved the Cavs no longer have the Raptor killer in Channing Frye. Didn't he almost shoot 70% from 3 against us last year?

Yep, I miss Channing. :(

TBH the Raptors got the **** end of the stick the last 2 years. They didn't lose to anyone in the East other than Cleveland, and the losses to Cleveland involved the Cavs being SCORCHING hot from 3 (especially last year).

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 05:49 PM
That beatdown the Celtics just put on the Sixers? Cavs were shooting EVEN BETTER than that from 3 for long periods of time. The Cavs of 2015-17 were truly some special teams. But it's all gone now!

Cal827
05-01-2018, 06:05 PM
See in this series we have a rare case of double edged trolling. There's trolls for either side just salivating at the opportunity!

Why I'm standing idly by :laugh2:

The best one is Paul Pierce though, he picked the Cavs, but he seemed uncomfortable picking between each side because he either has to pick the Raptors (who he doesn't like how they are in the playoffs), or Lebron James (Who he doesn't like for showing him up in his final years with the Celtics).

zn23
05-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Raps in 6

europagnpilgrim
05-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Cavs are just a bad team. I know what TT did in G7 against Indiana, but he's still wrapped up in all that Kardashian drama and I doubt we'll see that him again. Just can't ignore how bad Cavs interior defense is and I can see Toronto's slashers having a field day all series long. Wouldn't surprise me if this went 5 TBH.

you on point, that Kardashian drama is about as shell shocking as It gets, you can be the judge and decide for yourself, watch with both eyes 'wide' open, not shut

https://youtu.be/JDE67eXwOpU

them Kardashian things are all about that drama

europagnpilgrim
05-01-2018, 07:43 PM
This is a 60 / 40 series

Raptors in 6 or they fold like old in 4

If Raptors let Lebron get his 40+ with assists they lose, if they let Lebron get 50 with no or a couple assists they win the series

Lebron is always looking to get his guys going so stick to them like glue and let Lebron score 50+, all the Raptors have to do is put up a better version of what Pacers did, Cavs offense is bottom 2 of the playoff teams so its not like they ran up the score with him scoring 40+pts

if the Raptors cant score 95+pts then they don't serve to win, if Lebron cant get his passing game going then I don't see how they score more than 90pts per game, if they let Bron get his 50+

I am pulling for Bron as usual but I wouldn't be surprised on bit if they don't win this series because I have them at 60-65% to come out the least down 30+% prior 3 seasons, prior 7 for Bron as individual

krazylegz
05-01-2018, 07:53 PM
raptors in 6 as far as i see it currently.....luckily for the cavs,they have another round for the rest of the team minus lebron to figure it out....

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Lowry with a nice hesitation and blow by on Lebron.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 08:08 PM
It's pretty cool how the Cavs just aren't playing defence right now.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2018, 08:09 PM
raps should win in 5 but there is the bron factor

tredigs
05-01-2018, 08:14 PM
raps should win in 5 but there is the bron factor

lmao. When did you turn on the Cavs? Thought they were guaranteed Finals again as per usual? Maybe I'm confusing you and IknowHoops, but I'm pretty sure you both were convinced of the Cavs heading back to the promised land all year.

Rivera
05-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Cavs look "burnt" early. If Raps want to win this series, they have to win this game with the way Cleveland looks. We will see if Cavs pick it up once they get a rythm but early on looks good for Raps.

Big for their mental state to get out early

tredigs
05-01-2018, 08:17 PM
As a team they're just clearly burnt indeed. If the Raps would stop driving straight into their very obvious last-ditch charge takes this would be a double digit lead.

ewing
05-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Allie LeForce is fantastic

Rivera
05-01-2018, 08:24 PM
good to see lowry and derozan early looking ready for the moment, they arent shrinking like they have in the past. Its only the 1st Q of game 1 but that is a positive

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 08:26 PM
What an effort by DeMar on D. You never see that!

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 08:29 PM
The ref just flopped hahaha

ewing
05-01-2018, 08:46 PM
I like how Vanleet wears the undershirt. Very early 90s college

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Imagine trading away your 2nd best/most impactful player for a pick you'll never get so you can free up more time for JR Clarkson and Hood who are all garbage. Cavs ****ed up there.

ewing
05-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Wow it look really easy to get to the basket against Clev right now

ewing
05-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Still only 10 but I donít think it can continue to be that easy if Clev wants this to be s series

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Vanvleet looked like an idiot there lol

Pfeifer
05-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Vanvleet looked like an idiot there lol

How so. Lebron pushes him and FVV gets the foul. The officials already trying to keep it close. This is going to be as bad as Sac vs LaL

archdevil84
05-01-2018, 08:56 PM
vanfleet was thugging lebron hard. Lebron so strong he just simply shrugged it off and vanfleet for some reason took offense to it

ewing
8 tos for the Raps. A little sloppy

ewing
A lot of charges.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 08:57 PM
How so. Lebron pushes him and FVV gets the foul. The officials already trying to keep it close. This is going to be as bad as Sac vs LaL

Trying to act like he wanted to go after LeBron after the call and after his teammates were there to stop him.

archdevil84
holy god its a chore having to listen to some team commentators. If u have to believe the raptors color guy the cavs should have been called for 5 billion fouls already. Jesus this guy is biased

Vee-Rex
Looks like both teams are feeling each other out

Cal827
holy god its a chore having to listen to some team commentators. If u have to believe the raptors color guy the cavs should have been called for 5 billion fouls already. Jesus this guy is biased

Believe me, we know Devlin sucks :laugh2:

tredigs
05-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Raps losing the turnover and foul battle, but getting pretty consistently solid looks. They definitely look like the better side. Just gotta play within themselves a little more and stop turning it over.

Pfeifer
05-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Trying to act like he wanted to go after LeBron after the call and after his teammates were there to stop him.

But Lebron is big and tough pushing a guy half the size. Hilarious doubke standard.

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Looks like both teams are feeling each other out

Doesnít look like a playoff game yet

goingfor28
05-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Who is wearing Jeff Green's uniform tonight?

zn23
05-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Jeff Green having a flukey hot night. I'm sick of watching bums going off on the Raps.

Also, turnovers are keeping Cavs in this one.

Pfeifer
05-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Jeff Green having a flukey hot night. I'm sick of watching bums going off on the Raps.

For sure. Has been all playoffs. Clean it up and they should win this, but LBJ is due to go off.

Cal827

Him and JR Smith :laugh2:

JR's their leading scorer at the half :facepalm: .... They abandoned the 3 point defense in the 2nd quarter and it killed us.

tredigs
Raps way over-committing on 'Bron past the 3pt line on a few possessions there. Cost them the corner threes.

Not too much energy in this one, but that should ramp up here.

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:05 PM

He doesnít have the NBA resume of a Fred Vanvleet

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Raps way over-committing on 'Bron past the 3pt line on a few possessions there. Cost them the corner threes.

Definitely a low energy game one. I feel teams normally come out over amped for game one. This one feels like a mid season afternoon tip

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 09:10 PM

Yeah I'm interested in seeing how things look when the energy is ramped up.

I think the Raps need to stop collapsing so hard on LeBron. Indiana literally just showed how to defend the Cavs: play LeBron roughly and shut everyone else down. Next highest scorer for the Cavs was Love at 11.4 points per game. Indy just didn't have the offensive firepower to get the job done. Toronto does.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Jeff green has played well all year lol

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Yeah I'm interested in seeing how things look when the energy is ramped up.

I think the Raps need to stop collapsing so hard on LeBron. Indiana literally just showed how to defend the Cavs: play LeBron roughly and shut everyone else down. Next highest scorer for the Cavs was Love at 11.4 points per game. Indy just didn't have the offensive firepower to get the job done. Toronto does.

I think the Cavs also made some adjustment to let other guys touch the ball more but I agree Tor should make LeBron go get his and defend the 3 point line. Even with LeBron scoring 40 Clev was in the 90s last series

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Jeff green has played well all year lol

Very inconsistent player for his career but definitely a guy with some skill

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Why so empty seats? Rap fans late getting back from the half

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Love getting abused. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an "injury" soon.

GodsSon
05-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Love getting abused. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an "injury" soon.

Mental health is no joke

:eyebrow:

aman_13
05-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Why so empty seats? Rap fans late getting back from the half

It's been like that for years. Leafs games as well. The lineups are too long for food.

Cal827
05-01-2018, 09:31 PM
I love how OG's been defending Lebron.. mans just basically impossible to guard.

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:33 PM
LeBron hitting some tough fade always. Also Tor has to stop rotating off Kover

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:34 PM
It's been like that for years. Leafs games as well. The lineups are too long for food.

Was empty in that lower bucket til amount the 8 min mark

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:35 PM
I love how OG's been defending Lebron.. mans just basically impossible to guard.

He has done a decent job. LBJ hits those fade aways you say ok

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Tyronn Lue is killing us with these rotations.

TT 6 minutes. 0 minutes for Nance. Lol

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 09:37 PM
The fall off on LeBrons free throws is baffling to me, literally makes no sense.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
JV is going to get 20-20.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 09:41 PM
korver hasn't had this many open looks in a long time

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Tyronn Lue is killing us with these rotations.

TT 6 minutes. 0 minutes for Nance. Lol

I think TT should be playing. One of the announcers mentioned Lue not wanting to play him when Val was on the floor bc it would allow Val to defend the paint. I think he deserves a look regardless

Nick O
Green and Smith going off that's fine, ... what happened to K Love man. like im glad hes playing poorly dont get me wrong but... dude used to be a machine.

WaDe03

Nick O
05-01-2018, 09:43 PM
also... who the ****... leaves KYLE KORVER OPEN....

Cal827
05-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Ugh Korver

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:45 PM
also... who the ****... leaves KYLE KORVER OPEN....

Yeah itís not a good look

ewing
05-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Just a very good game to watch. Neither looked like great teams in the Indy series but they were great games

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Ball don't lie. Bad call

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Ball don't lie. Bad call

Make your skipped pick.

WaDe03
Clarkson and Hood are terrible lol

ewing
Cavs have 5 TOs. Good decesion making/ball handling or lack of D?

Cal827
05-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Cavs have 5 TOs. Good decesion making/ball handling or lack of D?

A bit of both, but I think it also has to do with Toronto trying to not leave their guys open. As in they don't want to risk getting in the passing lane, and leaving a guy with an open 3.

Vinny642
05-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Not as horrible as a flop as in G7 of last series but still

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Leflop in full effect! haha

zn23
05-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Looks like LeBron doesn't have his legs underneath him.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:01 PM
That should actually be 3 shots for Lebron.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Raps got to hit 3s if they want to get seperation.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:03 PM

Agreed.

Cal827
It's frustrating because although Toronto looks like the better team, they seem not to be able to pull away from Cleveland, and I'm terrified about leaving Lebron within a winning range near the end of the game :laugh2:

Vee-Rex
Love should be playing beside Nance or TT. My god Lue is the worst coach in the league.

Hangtime
Feels like Toronto should be up by 20. A night when Lebron clearly looks gassed.

tredigs

Nah it's never shots anymore if a player is not considered to be in a position where they were not actually attempting the shot. They changed that last year. People try it every game when they're about to be intentionally fouled at the end of games.

JordansBulls
05-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Raptors will need a 2-0 lead in order to take this series.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Raps got to hit 3s if they want to get seperation.

They are 9 of 22 which is great but I feel the Cavs begging them to shot them

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
I think Green just ran into a wall

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
They are 9 of 22 which is great but I feel the Cavs begging them to shot them

Pretty sure the majority of those came in the 1st Q.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Why is derozan guarding Love?

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Why is derozan guarding Love?

Been wondering the same thing

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:14 PM
This really feels like a mid season game

zn23
05-01-2018, 10:14 PM
The turnovers and bad 3 point defense have been the difference here. Raps can tighten up that defense, but the turnovers are just killers.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 10:15 PM
This really feels like a mid season game

That's cause we're used to watching that brutal cavs pacers series

zn23
05-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Feels like Toronto should be up by 20. A night when Lebron clearly looks gassed.

They've been the better team for pretty much the entire game, but turnovers and breakdowns on defense have allowed Cavs to hit 12 3s to keep the game close.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Been wondering the same thing

Delon and Lowry were the guards on the floor. Siakam was on Lebron and JV on TT. DC got on it.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:17 PM
They've been the better team for pretty much the entire game, but turnovers and breakdowns on defense have allowed Cavs to hit 12 3s to keep the game close.

Yeah JR and Korver have been torching us.

Hangtime
05-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Toronto was in position to crush them tonight but instead it feels like a struggle just to get a win here.

Nick O
05-01-2018, 10:21 PM
****. LeBron managed to get his role players involved. this is bad

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:21 PM
I think the Raps have gotten a good look on about 95% of there possessions. Iím sure there #s are decent but I still feel like they should have more points

Nick O
05-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Jonas man.... wtf

tredigs
05-01-2018, 10:24 PM
The Cavs role players just carrying them in this 4th quarter comeback. This is impressive.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:24 PM
That's cause we're used to watching that brutal cavs pacers series

Could be

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Jonas man.... wtf

Guy missed 4 layups

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 10:25 PM
The Cavs role players just carrying them in this 4th quarter comeback. This is impressive.

TT needs to start next to Love.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Tor is melting down

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Wow he landed on LeBronís foot

Scoots
05-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Cavs 2nd tier players won't play this well again this series. Toronto may not play this bad again.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:28 PM
I donít know about that call. Is that by rule now?

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 10:31 PM
I donít know about that call. Is that by rule now?

Yeah it's a rule. Gotta give him landing space.

Vinny642
05-01-2018, 10:31 PM
You cant just be elbowing people

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:32 PM
That was like Mutombo

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:33 PM
How are we not getting FTs? Wasn't that the 2nd foul in the final 2 minutes?

Cal827
:laugh2: Oh boy

Nick O
0 chance he wasn't making that.... **** lebron

tredigs
I mean at this point the Cavs deserve it. Raps just not executing.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:34 PM
LeBron deserved the steal. Glad he didnít get it

Vee-Rex
Honestly, lebron and the cavs need to lose this.

Lue screwed us with terrible rotations and LeBron is only now putting in real effort on defense.

Hangtime
Lebron in these dudes head.

Cal827
05-01-2018, 10:35 PM
HOW DO YOU MISS 4 EASY PUT BACKS THERE :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
OG played great defense on Lebron too.

WaDe03
Oh my god lmao!

Nick O
05-01-2018, 10:36 PM
what did JV do to the basketball gods

ewing
OG played great defense on Lebron too.

Great D! The Raps miss good look after good look and Bron hits that

tredigs
Lmfao @ The Raptors. Wow you guys really do find ways to lose. Sorry but it's true.

goingfor28
Wonder who's taking this shot

TrueFan420
05-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Honestly, lebron and the cavs need to lose this.

Lue screwed us with terrible rotations and LeBron is only now putting in real effort on defense.

Win or lose you got to be happy. Raptors are still the raptors and you'll be in the ECF

JordansBulls
I'm not sure why you don't take the last shot when the score is tied. Why leave time on the clock?

Vee-Rex
HOW DO YOU MISS 4 EASY PUT BACKS THERE :laugh2:

Bro you gotta be pulling your hair out lol

R. Johnson#3
This has been an absolutely gut wrenching game to watch. I have no idea how it's tied.

Raps18-19 Champ
Lol wide open 3 AND 3 offensive rebounds and no basket.

ewing
Toronto Charles Smithís

bleedprple&gold
05-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Raps trying hard to lose this one

TrueFan420
.6 left... in laugh if they call a foul

R. Johnson#3
Yeah JV is normally good to go in the post season. This isn't like him.

Nick O
that was Freddy Vs moment and Jvs redemption.. **** eh

Scoots
18 in the 4th. Yikes.

Lakers + Giants
Date
Time
Reference
Placed by
DescriptionRiskTo Win
May 1, 2018
6:55 PM

Placed by
Web

Basketball - NBA Playoffs - Moneyline

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Toronto Raptors

Cleveland Cavaliers +400 May 1, 2018 5:00 PM

$7.14
$28.56

Yes, I'm a *****. lmfao. didnt even have the balls to drop 10 haha.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 10:39 PM
How does Lebron go like 1 for 8 in the quarter and the Raps still don't win that game in regulation. That's so crazy. Just a complete offensive collapse. Let's see if they come back to life in OT. They should. Bron and the Cavs will be tired.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:39 PM
I'm baffled that the Raps somehow led the entire game. This has been horrible.

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Thank God LeBron missed that. He is one sneaky bastard though, dudes got all the tricks at this point

ewing
05-01-2018, 10:40 PM
How does Lebron go like 1 for 8 in the quarter and the Raps still don't win that game in regulation. That's so crazy. Just a complete offensive collapse. Let's see if they come back to life in OT. They should. Bron and the Cavs will be tired.

Cause they canít make a layup

bootsy
05-01-2018, 10:42 PM
LOL at Derozan not wanting to shoot. Jesus Toronto is a bunch of chokers.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2018, 10:43 PM
This has been an absolutely gut wrenching game to watch. I have no idea how it's tied.

Lebron effect... You can see clear as day who the best player in the world is and who the better team is... the raps are just better where is lebron is a god.

Nick O
05-01-2018, 10:44 PM
we had EVERY SINGLE CHANCE to win this game.... wtf

FlashBolt
"This season is our year. Look at our bench. Fred Vanfleet is a game-changer. And J.R. Smith having as many points as DeRozan? Yeah right! Haha. The 6!"

Vee-Rex
Ewing you seeing this? Korver/Jr neeeever got this many open looks vs the pacers

JordansBulls
Toronto will always struggle to put teams away no matter who they play and no matter if they have HCA. Every time they have had it they have always struggled and/or been behind in series and had to go the distance.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 10:45 PM
If Cavs win TT is the hero of this one.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Toronto will always struggle to put teams away no matter who they play and no matter if they have HCA. Every time they have had it they have always struggled and/or been behind in series and had to go the distance.

I know this is tearing you apart lmao!

R. Johnson#3
Lebron effect... You can see clear as day who the best player in the world is and who the better team is... the raps are just better where is lebron is a god.

No, the Raptors have sucked big time and I have no idea how they somehow led all game. Lebron wasn't even his regular inhuman self.

Scoots
Falling apart

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:47 PM
LeBron is playing so bad this game.

still1ballin
05-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Toronto is simply a good regular season team.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2018, 10:48 PM
LeBron is playing so bad this game.

compared to his normal self yes but he is also being doubled a ton and doing everything except shooting well.

Cal827
05-01-2018, 10:49 PM
:laugh2: We're losing to Lebron's teammates... The ****

Scoots
05-01-2018, 10:50 PM
As bad as Toronto is playing, the fact that it's a game is telling in how much the Cavs are struggling.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 10:50 PM
LeBron has been terrible to close

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:51 PM
seriously. wtf is Lebron doing?

still1ballin
Nice defense from derozan.

FlashBolt
lebron needs to stop holding onto the ball for 20+ seconds then making a move with a few seconds left. Just the worst playoff game from LeBron i've seen in a long time.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Give it to Lowry.

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Lmao. Raptors are terrible chokes. I never want to hear about them again..

Scoots
lebron needs to stop holding onto the ball for 20+ seconds then making a move with a few seconds left. Just the worst playoff game from LeBron i've seen in a long time.

Tired?

Raps18-19 Champ
Nooo FVV you gotta make that.

still1ballin
Raptors same **** every year lol

More-Than-Most
good **** lebron... show the haters how you win on the road as the underdog like a boss... LIKE A BOSS.

bleedprple&gold
05-01-2018, 10:54 PM
What a choke job. Some things never change. And there goes Rap's homecourt.

R. Johnson#3
We definitely didn't deserve that game.

still1ballin
Lol vanvleet with the Paul pierce follow through on that 3

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:55 PM
The Raptors respect LeBron too much and that's why they always lose vs him. Lowry is there chatting with him like a freaking superfan..

D-Leethal
Some things never change...

bootsy
LOL at Derozan passing the ball again. That's twice this guy could have taken the shot and passed it out. Your best player doesn't pass the ball like that in either situation. The Raptors and especially Lowry and Derozan are some big time choke artits.

R. Johnson#3
Well it's about time for me to head out. The trolls be a comin! If the Raps don't split at home they lose the series.

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Is it true? Lowry scored three points in the 2nd half..? LOL.

numba1CHANGsta
The Raptors are probably the most sorry excuse of a franchise in NBA history, even as the 1st seed they still suck

Cal827
:laugh2: That was pathetic

Raptors go 3 for 20 to the end of the game :pity:

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Well it's about time for me to head out. The trolls be a comin! If the Raps don't split at home they lose the series.

How do you call us trolls when what we've been saying has been true? Like, who could have predicted Raptors miss their last 11 shots, 5 of them right smack in the rim, and then miss wide open threes all quarter? You guys are so lucky LeBron sucked in that quarter as well. He wasn't even playing like the LeBron we've seen vs the Pacers.

bleedprple&gold
05-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Cavs in 6

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 10:58 PM
:laugh2: That was pathetic

Raptors go 3 for 20 to the end of the game :pity:

DeRozan is not a superstar and Lowry just wants to be friends with LeBron.

HandsOnTheWheel
Wow what a ****ing meltdown by Raps. No reason VanVleet should be in the game at the end let alone taking the shot to win it at the end. That one's on Casey

Cal827
Date
Time
Reference
Placed by
DescriptionRiskTo Win
May 1, 2018

Placed by
Web

$7.14
$28.56

:mad:

But I'll give you props for another good bet :laugh2: :clap:

tredigs
05-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Raps just lost that with Bron going 2-11 in the 4th quarter + OT... after being ahead 14 early and having the lead going into the 4th.

Nobody to blame but themselves. That's a pretty inexcusable loss if you're serious about trying to win this very winnable series.

bucketss
05-01-2018, 10:59 PM
never hated basketball as much as i do now, epic choke job. 3/20 down the stretch there.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 11:00 PM
This is the "East is strong" 1st seed? Think they will pose a challenge for the Rockets/Warriors?

The Raps are a little too young in places, and a little too soft in others ... and I like them.

FlashBolt
Raps just lost that with Bron going 2-11 in the 4th quarter + OT... after being ahead 14 early and having the lead going into the 4th.

Nobody to blame but themselves. That's a pretty inexcusable loss if you're serious about trying to win this very winnable series.

Outside of that freebie layup to the basket and that clutch fadeaway, LeBron was horrendous in the fourth. Coming from a 7 game series with one day of rest, Cavs shouldn't have won this game. Very sad. I normally just like to make fun of the Raptors but it's gotten to the point where it's just the cold hard truth.

tredigs
What's crazy is I had a prop bet on the Under of Lebron's total points/rebounds/assists at 51.5 and that somehow managed to cash. Mahalo for your late struggles tonight Mr. James. I had already chalked it up as an L once that game went OT.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Lebron only shot 40% too. Need to prevent all those open 3s.

JordansBulls

Agreed!! Lebron didn't even kill them and they lost. Lebron was virtually handing them the game and they couldn't take it. Raptors every year in the playoffs go down. There only shot now I think is if they can get a game 7 at home now, but who knows if they can win in Cleveland, they haven't the last 2 years.

goingfor28
https://twitter.com/NOTSportsCenter/status/991510969049341954?s=19

blams
good **** lebron... show the haters how you win on the road as the underdog like a boss... LIKE A BOSS.This. He's just too much. You need all time great teams to beat him with a poor performing supporting cast.

Other than y1 in Miami.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
3-20 last 23 shots. About 15 of them were 1-3 ft from the rim. Jonas V. missed like four open bunnies there. You can't make this stuff up, huh.

goingfor28
05-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Toronto is simply a good regular season team.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI said this last round and got shitted on by raps fans

ewing
05-01-2018, 11:03 PM
I've never seen a team just miss everything. They didn't freak and take bad shots, they didn't turn it over. They got good looks. They hit the glass and got second and third looks. They missed every shot. They Cavs had to make some plays to but if you get a that many good looks and you just keep missing

Cal827
05-01-2018, 11:04 PM
DeRozan is not a superstar and Lowry just wants to be friends with LeBron.

:laugh2:

I do agree with you that one of those two guys has to take the final shot. I know that the team is focused on moving the ball around (Iso is what hurt them last season), but they're the stars of the team. Demar did get positioning for a close range attempt, and Vanvleet wasn't exactly wide open on that final play. He should've shot it; either a) He hits it and they're up 1 with probably about 3-5 seconds left on the clock or b) he misses, they get a put back attempt, or are able to foul quickly, and possibly get the ball back for another desperation shot.

numba1CHANGsta
05-01-2018, 11:04 PM
The Toronto Chokers

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 11:05 PM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/991480948997816320

Look at Fred trying to pump his teammates up and they all walk away from LeBron because they are such fans.. LMAO

Cal827
3-20 last 23 shots. About 15 of them were 1-3 ft from the rim. Jonas V. missed like four open bunnies there. You can't make this stuff up, huh.

I thought only our commentator used that for close range shots :laugh2:

bucketss
this is such a humiliating loss can't even say lebron killed us like other teams do ****

tredigs
Outside of that freebie layup to the basket and that clutch fadeaway, LeBron was horrendous in the fourth. Coming from a 7 game series with one day of rest, Cavs shouldn't have won this game. Very sad. I normally just like to make fun of the Raptors but it's gotten to the point where it's just the cold hard truth.

He's gassed. Of course. But I mean they're trying to play him (or he's trying to allow himself, whatever) WAY too much. 3 minutes of rest in both halfs? He went 4th quarter + OT without sitting. It's not good for him or the team to be honest. And the team will be OK (granted - Raps have a good bench), their winning stretch in the G7 against Indiana actually came with Lebron on the bench to start the 4th. They won't just fall apart.

HandsOnTheWheel
After the dust eventually settles following this, I still think Raps can win this series TBH. Cavs shot incredible from the 3 and got major contributions from guys not named Lebron. Still very weak interior defense from the Cavs and that won't change.. I'm sticking to my prediction, Raps in 6.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2018, 11:07 PM
I know 2 things. Lebron will not shoot 40%. Korver/JR Smith will not shoot nearly 60% from 3.

Pfeifer
05-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Im not that worried. Game should have been lights out with the Love elbow but Raps just coildnt make a shot. Oh well. People acting like the Cavs crushed. The Raps will have better 4th quarters and win at least a couple. Should be a long series. Cavs may run out of gas.

Cal827
05-01-2018, 11:09 PM
I know 2 things. Lebron will not shoot 40%. Korver/JR Smith will not shoot nearly 60% from 3.

:laugh2:

Unfortunately, they did so last season... I don't get why they leave Korver open, I know JR is inconsistent, but Korver constantly kills us.

ewing
05-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Date
Time
Reference
Placed by
DescriptionRiskTo Win
May 1, 2018

Placed by
Web

$7.14
$28.56

Did you bet $7.14?

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 11:12 PM

JR is streaky, yeah. I'm with you on that. But I wouldn't be shocked if Korver shot 60% from 3 if left wide open in the corner the way he was this game. Raps CANNOT leave that dude open.

ewing
05-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Ewing you seeing this? Korver/Jr neeeever got this many open looks vs the pacers

that is definitely true. The Pacer also didn't get that many good looks. IDK i sure part of it is that I am rooting against Clev but regardless i feel like that was a baffling game

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 11:13 PM
No idea why you guys make it seem as if Cavs played great. They are coming back from a grueling 7 game series in which they only had one day of rest before a flight to Toronto. They're tired.

LeBron won't play that bad again.
Kevin Love was terrible and got outplayed by Jonas - who dropped 21/21.

Cavs didn't play great. Toronto just choked. And am I counting on them to choke again? Yes, I am.

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Vee-Rex and I were the only ones saying that Pacers were a tough matchup for Cleveland because it's the truth. Pacers got more dog in them and have more aggressive players. Raptors come off as pushovers. Is it a surprise that against the Raptors, Cavs overall roster figured out how to play basketball again?

Cal827
Jesus, all these sportscasters for Toronto are speaking as if it is a funeral :laugh2:

At least wait for game 2. I think this team could steal a game in Cleveland if they're 1-1 going there. But it's a wait and see the affect that this loss has on the Raptors psyche. If they adapt and can get game 2, then we have a series; If Cleveland rips into Toronto in game 2, then Cleveland might be waiting for the Philly/Boston winner.

zn23
Cavs didn't play great. Toronto just choked. And am I counting on them to choke again? Yes, I am.

Don't bet on it. Raps blow them out in the next one, split the pair in Cleveland, and then win the next two.

Also, LeBron is dead tired and he played another 47 minutes tonight. Way more than anyone else. He'll be tired in the next game, which is on Thursday.

Lakers + Giants
05-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Did you bet $7.14?

yea im a ****in wuss

ewing
05-01-2018, 11:17 PM
This is the "East is strong" 1st seed? Think they will pose a challenge for the Rockets/Warriors?

The Raps are a little too young in places, and a little too soft in others ... and I like them.

If the Pels came out of the West i think they would have a 50/50 shot against anyone in the east

Cal827
05-01-2018, 11:18 PM
yea im a ****in wuss

A Win's a win though. Enjoy that bottle of Hennessey... Or better yet, send it to JR Smith's locker for game 2 :D