PDA

View Full Version : ECSF: [2] Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers [3] Celtics lead 3-1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

kdspurman
04-30-2018, 10:40 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

https://thumb.ibb.co/dpke1x/76ers.gifvshttps://thumb.ibb.co/nfTtTc/Celtics.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Boston: Monday, April 30, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Boston: Thursday, May 3, 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 in Philadelphia: Saturday, May 5, 5 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 in Philadelphia: Monday, May 7, 6:00 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Boston: Wednesday, May 9, TBA, TNT (if necessary)

Game 6 in Philadelphia: Friday, May 11, TBA, ESPN (if necessary)

Game 7 in Boston: Sunday, May 13, TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

https://thumb.ibb.co/bXz6gx/76ers_Word.gif

C: Joel Embiid
PF: Robert Covington
SF: Dario Saric
SG: Ben Simmons
PG: JJ Redick

Projected Starting Lineups:

https://thumb.ibb.co/nniMEH/Celtics_Word.gif

C: Aron Baynes
PF: Al Horford
SF: Jayson Tatum
SG: Jaylen Brown
PG: Terry Rozier

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

https://i.imgur.com/MLG6LtK.jpg

TD Garden, Boston

https://i.imgur.com/5aSKQvu.jpg

Vinylman
04-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Who guards simmons?

TheDish87
04-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Who guards Embiid?

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 11:07 AM
This is not gonna end well for for Boston

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Probably see mostly Semi on Simmons to start. Try to guard him like they did Giannis. Maybe even some Horford, but theyíll both get exposed by Simmonsí speed. And Baynes on Embiid with Horford getting him too. But they want to keep Horford out of foul trouble at all costs.

Idk, maybe Smart on Simmons just to try to be a pure agitator. But the size mismatch there is obvious.

There are catch-22ís all over the place no matter how they try to guard us.

But honestly, if Iím Boston I worry less about defense and more about offense. Their hardest challenge wonít even be defending us, it will be scoring with us.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 11:59 AM
Philly in 5

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Baynes will likely start on Embiid and Horford on Simmons. They'll probably mix and match minutes around with everyone to give different looks. Monroe will have to see some minutes this series too.

The reality is no one can really get **** out but they can make it difficult. Neither Simmons nor Embiid have shot particularly great vs Cs.

I expect Philly to win in 6 games or so. Cs are playing with house money at this point with all the injuries. Even with all the injuries, Cs present a tougher matchup defensively than the Heat did because they have more length and better individual defenders. They all have more guys that can ISO on offense as well where MIA legit just had Dragic.

The barometer for Philly will be their scoring from Belineli/Reddick/Ilyasova. They have been playing out of their minds. If Cs defense can get them out of rhythm and those 3s stop going in at the rate they have been going in for them, they might be able to make it a tough out.

Overall, injuries and lack of upper tier catch up eventually as you progress in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

warfelg
04-30-2018, 12:49 PM
It comes down to the 5 headed shooting monster in Beli/JJ/Illy/Cov/Saric. We've never faced the C's with this level of spacing available to us to really stretch them out. Usually our outside shooting is meh, so putting Horford on Embiid/Simmons never hurt them because they could collapse so easily. As we showed against the Heat, it's harder to do that on us now.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Baynes will likely start on Embiid and Horford on Simmons. They'll probably mix and match minutes around with everyone to give different looks. Monroe will have to see some minutes this series too.

Who takes Saric then? Tatum?
Does that put Smart on Cov? Rozier on JJ? Or Smart on JJ and Rozier on Cov? I think either way that give us an advantage in being able to shoot over those guys. How do you rotate that out if Brown comes back? What about when Saric and JJ go out and Beli and Illy are in? They're taller than the two they take out.

I think our size is going to continue to give some fits in this round as we just have size for days to throw at teams.

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Not sure Ojeleye will start like he did the past few games. Game 1 will likely be a bit of experimenting by Brad...He's always shuffling lineups in the playoffs.

To start

Baynes - Embiid
Horford - Saric
Tatum - Covington
Brown - Simmons
Rozier - Reddick

I trust that Brown has the ability to keep up with Simmons... If he can stay out of foul trouble they'll keep that match up. If he gets into trouble they'll shuffle in Ojeleye and Smart.

Rozier can handle Reddick.

Tatum is fine on Covington.

Horford should easily handle Covington

Embiid can have his way with Baynes, this is the matchup nightmare for us, but it is with 95% of the league sooo

The Celtics play great team defense anyways, the individual matchups are less concerning. Over the past 3 years we've had a ton of success against teams like GS and HOU who have huge individual matchup advantages against us but the team defense itself was able to slow them down.

I wish Kyrie and Hayward were here for this series, it'd be fun to see what the future holds for these 2 franchises. I'll admit, PHI will be hard to beat in this series. We're undermanned big time right now.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Who takes Saric then? Tatum?
Does that put Smart on Cov? Rozier on JJ? Or Smart on JJ and Rozier on Cov? I think either way that give us an advantage in being able to shoot over those guys. How do you rotate that out if Brown comes back? What about when Saric and JJ go out and Beli and Illy are in? They're taller than the two they take out.

I think our size is going to continue to give some fits in this round as we just have size for days to throw at teams.With Brown out, I wouldn't be surprised if Semi got another start. Saric is bigger than Tatum and Tatum is physically strong enough at this point in his career. If no remember correctly from last game, Saric gave Tatum issues.

So what I think we'll see:

Baynes-Embiid
Horford-Simmons
Ojeleye-Saric
Tatum-Covington
Rozier-Reddick

I guess you could say Ojeleye and Horford could switch as well so that's a possibility too.

I think the big key for Cs will be limiting the shooters. Embiid/Simmons might get theirs but Philly really relies on big games from Reddick and Belinelli to be good so limiting those guys will ultimately determine the game imo.

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Matchups by minutes spent at position (playoffs)

PG - Simmons, McConnell, Fultz, Redick
PG - Rozier, Larkin, Smart

SG - Redick, Belinelli, Fultz, Simmons
SG - Brown, Smart, Rozier, Tatum

Position playing % will be telling on what these guys will do. When it comes to PHI - Simmons makes it a little less clear on matchups but if we group both positions together I think you'll likely see Brown and Smart on Simmons with Ojeleye coming in as well. Rozier/Larkin will take the off guard.

SF - Covington, Belinelli, Anderson
SF - Tatum, Brown, Ojeleye, Morris, Yabusele

Covington and Belinelli will be matched up with Tatum and Morris

PF - Saric, Ilyasova, Covington, Anderson
PF - Morris, Ojeleye, Horford, Baynes, Yabusele

Saric and Ilyasova will be matched up with Morris

C - Embiid, Johnson, Ilyasova, Holmes
C - Horford, Baynes, Monroe

Embiid draws Horford/Baynes and hopefully never Monroe. When Johnson is on the floor Baynes likely will be too.

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 01:37 PM
With Brown out, I wouldn't be surprised if Semi got another start. Saric is bigger than Tatum and Tatum is physically strong enough at this point in his career. If no remember correctly from last game, Saric gave Tatum issues.

So what I think we'll see:

Baynes-Embiid
Horford-Simmons
Ojeleye-Saric
Tatum-Covington
Rozier-Reddick

I guess you could say Ojeleye and Horford could switch as well so that's a possibility too.

I think the big key for Cs will be limiting the shooters. Embiid/Simmons might get theirs but Philly really relies on big games from Reddick and Belinelli to be good so limiting those guys will ultimately determine the game imo.

This is key. The key is to force everything inside. Embiid and Simmons will get their points. We need to disrupt PHI 3 point game and not allow them to get it going. If they start missing from deep it'll pivot the game in our favor. On the other end...We need to shoot well from the outside and get to the FT line.

homie564
04-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Really sucks that the Celtics are so undermanned. If even one of Kyrie or Hayward are healthy, this would be a different series /:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble
04-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Really sucks that the Celtics are so undermanned. If even one of Kyrie or Hayward are healthy, this would be a different series /:

Yeah, I mean it's disappointing for the entire NBA.
Losing one All-Star off your team (like Steph or Boogie) is bad enough for the league and their hopes to have a competitive postseason. At this point Boston is without it's two best players and no one even knows if or when their 3rd/4th best player (Brown) will return.
And it's a shame cuz this series (even without Hayward) could've been really fun to watch.
And that's much-needed; another completely lackluster, boring NBA postseason underway once again.

lakerfan85
04-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Sixers in 5..

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Round 1 of this 5 year stretch

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Celticsfan2007
04-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Sixers should win this rather easily (5-6 games), despite HCA for BOS. BOS has just far too many players out right now to even make this a coin toss series.

Sucks to admit as a celtics fan.

homie564
04-30-2018, 03:28 PM
Sixers should win this rather easily (5-6 games), despite HCA for BOS. BOS has just far too many players out right now to even make this a coin toss series.

Sucks to admit as a celtics fan.

I donít even think itís far too many lol. Itís literally one too many.... just happens that one is the best and/or the second best Celtics player lol...Kyrie OR Hayward would make this a good series

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 03:30 PM
I donít even think itís far too many lol. Itís literally one too many.... just happens that one is the best and/or the second best Celtics player lol...Kyrie OR Hayward would make this a good series

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPressure is all on Philly! Won 20 of the last 21 said they don't need any outside help the process is complete. If they lose more than two games yeesh

homie564
04-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Pressure is all on Philly! Won 20 of the last 21 said they don't need any outside help the process is complete. If they lose more than two games yeesh

Iíd be overall pretty happy if we could take it to 6 or 7. Brad Stevens will bust out all the tricks in this one I bet, considering heís playing with house money here. Pretty much canít do anything wrong in this series because any win is pretty much gravy lol... so I bet weíre just going to see a whole lot of ďwonder if this will workĒ

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Pressure is all on Philly! Won 20 of the last 21 said they don't need any outside help the process is complete. If they lose more than two games yeesh

Lol

Alayla
04-30-2018, 05:05 PM

no pressure at all really we are playing with house money just as much as boston is

goingfor28
04-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Philly in 5.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 06:29 PM
sixers in 6

I think we are slightly being overrated and the celtics are being slightly underrated.... I would be more confident if the celtics had kyrie... We would be able to expose kyrie with our size and run and gun style of offense... I have said this forever when it came to IT as well.. Kyrie isnt and wouldnt be the game changer in this series because the celtics defense without the blackhole that is kyrie or IT is just so much better. Hayward would make this series scary... He would match up with us well... Kyrie will be expendable by the trade deadline of next year with the emergence of brown.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 06:31 PM
no pressure at all really we are playing with house money just as much as boston is

pretty much... If we lose we got the playoff exp we needed. Yes we are favorites but that is only because of the recent play. It will be a let down if we lose the series but in terms of pressure we have already out did the expectations this year by a large margin and but a bulls eye on our organization for free agents and the ability to have a super team.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 06:34 PM

They have a legitimate chance to make the Finals, and frankly should. It's entirely possible this will be the easiest road to the Finals they will ever have, and they can't take that for granted just because they're young. Especially with the fact that they're healthy, also something they can't ever take for granted.

Nick O
04-30-2018, 06:35 PM
this is gonna be damn good. 6ers in 7

LOb0
04-30-2018, 06:37 PM
I think Philly in 7. Rozier has really filled some holes Boston is lacking now. I think these role players we rely on will run out of steam in G7

Forever35
04-30-2018, 07:17 PM
I wonder how Philly would do without their two best players...??? :whistle:

Oh yeah, that was pretty much last season... 28 and 54...

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM

Embiid is far better than both Hayward and kyrie.... Simmons/Embiid are far and away better than your 2 best players.. So yes of course we would be much worse but at that time we didnt have nice pieces on the team like boston does and a system in place with said players.

Alayla
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM

this is an almost entirely different team from last season
JJ Marco Ersan Amir Korkmaz and Fultz all didn't exist on last seasons team not really comparable.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:05 PM
No jb. If the sixers lose I don't know what to say

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:07 PM
Shaq on BS " when he penetrates he gets people involved" lmao getting steamy over there

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
76ers are ****ed. Sir Charles picked them to win. Cs in 4! Book it! Lol

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Reddick cannot cover Tatum

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:26 PM
saric really get no process love but he might actually be our most hard working gritty player.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:29 PM
So far bennifer simmons has shown up.... dude needs to stop acting like a puss and ****ing drive.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:33 PM
i dont give a **** about the calls but the ****ing celtics are flopping like crazy... man up damn.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 08:34 PM
That jump ball just decided ROTY

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkSimmons not a rookie

Lil Rhody
That jump ball just decided ROTY

PAOboston
Reddick and Belinelli have no chance at stopping either Rozier or Tatum in this series.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Will be interesting to see if they call Ben on the shoulder into the chest they are letting Rozier do. Personally I rather let players do that because defenders lean in just as much.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:35 PM
this is the one thing that always bites us in the ***... turnovers... dont care who the celtics have if we are gonna turnover it over like we did before this hot streak we wont win.

CasperX22
04-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Sixers are a bit out of sorts. Just need to keep it close until they get their legs under them.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:40 PM
thank christ ben took of the bra.

warfelg
LOL at Smart for doing the clear out on Redick then getting owned.

Lil Rhody
i dont give a **** about the calls but the ****ing celtics are flopping like crazy... man up damn.I'm disappointed they don't ever play like that

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:41 PM
Love Terry that dude don't quit

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm disappointed they don't ever play like that

lets be clear I am a hypocrite lol... as long as you dont have intent to injure you do whatever to win.. flop etc etc etc. I hate that the celtics did it but id love it if we did it. Be proud your team currently has limitations and is doing whatever to win.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Big bad been looked a little frustrated when Terry outrebounded him

CasperX22
04-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Big bad been looked a little frustrated when Terry outrebounded him

Pace yourself. We got a long way to go lol!

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:46 PM
I hate when smart shoots it

warfelg
04-30-2018, 08:49 PM
I love that Biid has the shot so when defenders don't go for the jab he can shoot and eventually force the defense on him.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 08:50 PM
Fail to understand how that wasn't a charge on Smart but oh well.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 08:53 PM
Ugh can't give him the baseline.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:54 PM
That horford dunk was historic

tredigs
04-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Embiid isn't strong enough to back down Horford in ISO? Really? Settles for the fadeaway after gaining no ground.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Embiid isn't strong enough to back down Horford in ISO? Really? Settles for the fadeaway after gaining no ground.

it seemed like he was trying to have a dick measuring contest because horford just shot over him and he had his mind up he was gonna do the same.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Embiid isn't strong enough to back down Horford in ISO? Really? Settles for the fadeaway after gaining no ground.Shhhhhh that and his 3s is how we gonna win

tredigs
04-30-2018, 08:57 PM
it seemed like he was trying to have a dick measuring contest because horford just shot over him and he had his mind up he was gonna do the same.

Looked to me like he tried to back him down but couldn't so he settled for a fadeaway. Guess we'll see. Doesn't look like they're doubling early.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 08:58 PM
I love how we became that Scrappy team

warfelg
04-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Saric needs to learn he has the advantage on Tatum and take him in the post.

HandsOnTheWheel
Philly looks rusty as hell

More-Than-Most
this is who we are sadly... when we arent making 3s we are horrid

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Belinelli getting abused defensively so far

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Horford dominating them on both ends wow.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Looks like Brown doesn't trust Fultz in the playoff rotation at all anymore.

Lil Rhody
Horford dominating them on both ends wow.Historically!!!

PAOboston
Looks like Brown doesn't trust Fultz in the playoff rotation at all anymore.Probably not a good sign when TJ McConnell beats you out for minutes

PhillySportFan
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
this is who we are sadly... when we arent making 3s we are horrid

Exactly, when we don't make 3s we don't have a chance. That's all there is to it, analyzing any other stats is irrelevant.

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
As I mentioned before the game. Stop the 3 ball you stop PHI. Itís that simple

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:04 PM
I love Tatum

warfelg
04-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Has anyone mastered the art of the "butt pick" better than Horford? (Which BTW is illegal)

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:06 PM
What an awful call

warfelg
04-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Is Bill Simmons calling this game? Whoever that is calling the game is horribly pro-Celtics.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Horford has been a beast so far in the playoffs but Sixers should win this.. right?

warfelg
04-30-2018, 09:08 PM
Alright....need to get them playing at our pace.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 09:11 PM
Danny Ainge is a bad man. Can't wait for next year

homie564
04-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Tatum says we donít need Kyrie or Hayward! Lol. Kids such a stud

Lil Rhody
Looks like smart is trying to pull a Pierce

More-Than-Most
the celtics are basically playing our game and we could not be playing worse. We look like we had 2 weeks off... Missing defensive assignments and chucking 3s in transition with no rebounder insight. Stupid stupid basketball.. Celtics playing smart/fast and draining 3s like they are the warriors... TEAM BASKETBALL.. How come when I say things people laugh until it comes true... This celtics team isnt about 1 or 2 players... I wish kyrie was out there right now because their defense wouldnt be as suffocating as it is and I will take the trade off for his offense.

tredigs
HINT to Brett Brown: Don't play JJ on Tatum or you will get destroyed. Celtics made it look very easy to dominate that half. Embiid and Simmons need to wake up, this is going to be their best shot at the Celtics for the next few years.

PhillySportFan
04-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Horford has been a beast so far in the playoffs but Sixers should win this.. right?

Only thing that matters is if we hit 3's, if we do that we'll win. 3-15 in the first half, we ain't winning at that %

WaDe03
04-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Yea idk why everyone is saying Philly is the team of the future. It's for sure the Celtics. So many good young guys. If they win this round Ainge will go all in for Kawhi and if they get him Simmons is done for. Kyries only
Like 25 or 26, Hayward should age well.

homie564
04-30-2018, 09:14 PM
the celtics are basically playing our game and we could not be playing worse. We look like we had 2 weeks off... Missing defensive assignments and chucking 3s in transition with no rebounder insight. Stupid stupid basketball.. Celtics playing smart/fast and draining 3s like they are the warriors... TEAM BASKETBALL.. How come when I say things people laugh until it comes true... This celtics team isnt about 1 or 2 players... I wish kyrie was out there right now because their defense wouldnt be as suffocating as it is and I will take the trade off for his offense.

I donít understand the sentiment tbh. Celtics are sooooooooooooooo much better with Kyrie. Especially playoff Kyrie?.... oof... this team would be so nice

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Philly doesn't have anyone to guard Rozier. Cs guards in the meanwhile have kept Reddick/Belinelli/Covington in check. If Philly role players can't score they have no chance.

More-Than-Most
HINT to Brett Brown: Don't play JJ on Tatum or you will get destroyed. Celtics made it look very easy to dominate that half. Embiid and Simmons need to wake up, this is going to be their best shot at the Celtics for the next few years.

strongly disagree... ben will work on his game and he will get much better... we also have a chance to get bron or pg13... our best shot is next year.. yes the celtics are missing 2 players but meh...we are bound to fall of a cliff eventually... you dont sustain winning 20 of 21 unless you have a warriors like team... we will wake up but people assuming this would be a pushover are hilarious but what do I know :shrug:

Lil Rhody
This team is gonna be sooooo deep next year! Rozier and brown off the bench with Morris. Oh boy

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:17 PM
I donít understand the sentiment tbh. Celtics are sooooooooooooooo much better with Kyrie. Especially playoff Kyrie?.... oof... this team would be so nice

people thought the same with IT as well... they are better with kyrie but the system we play and the players we have we could expose kyries defense... id prefer that because when they dont have a kyrie/IT their offense takes a hit but their defense is insane

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:18 PM

Lol. You'd be down 25 right now if Kyrie was in for the injured Marcus Smart and his 0-5 from the field. His D fit in very well with what they were trying to do this year (the #'s backed that up).

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Yea idk why everyone is saying Philly is the team of the future. It's for sure the Celtics. So many good young guys. If they win this round Ainge will go all in for Kawhi and if they get him Simmons is done for. Kyries only
Like 25 or 26, Hayward should age well.

because philly has the 2 best players of both teams where is the celtics have depth... they can get KL but for some odd reason you seem to think they can do it for nothing... KL would cost them brown or tatum or both plus more... we can go out and sign a big time max free agent.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Philly will wake up in the 2nd. They can't be this **** all game.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:20 PM
Lol. You'd be down 25 right now if Kyrie was in for the injured Marcus Smart and his 0-5 from the field. His D fit in very well with what they were trying to do this year (the #'s backed that up).

stick to your bets buddy and worry about the insane uber great godly pelicans who are the favorites by your basketball knowledge. I look at team defense and the celtics as a whole... People laughed last year when I said they were more dangerous without IT... Until he went down and they were. Celtics are a system that play insane defense

WaDe03
04-30-2018, 09:21 PM
because philly has the 2 best players of both teams where is the celtics have depth... they can get KL but for some odd reason you seem to think they can do it for nothing... KL would cost them brown or tatum or both plus more... we can go out and sign a big time max free agent.

Might cost one of them but maybe not. Rozier and a few of their picks and filler may be able to get it done. If they have to give one of Tatum or brown then so be it, KL is like 26

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:22 PM
Might cost one of them but maybe not. Rozier and a few of their picks and filler may be able to get it done. If they have to give one of Tatum or brown then so be it, KL is like 26

:laugh:

Bring The Heat
Jaylen brown, Taytum, rozier, Irving and Gordon Hayward? This Celtics team next year is going to be absolutely ridiculous. Philly is screwed along with the rest of us in the east. Has a long time heat fan Iím so jealous of the Celtics core going forward. So much young superstar talent. They will be the new warriors of the nba.

HandsOnTheWheel
Got cash on Philly Moneyline. Hope they don't screw me over

No reason Tatum should be getting 16 points in the first half..

CasperX22
Only thing that matters is if we hit 3's, if we do that we'll win. 3-15 in the first half, we ain't winning at that %

You mean when teams don't shoot well they don't play well? You don't say lol! They are shooting 37% overall from the field, so it's not just 3's. They look like they are playing a preseason game right now. This is pretty much what I was afraid of in game 1 that they had too much time off.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:24 PM
[emoji23]Not sure why that is so funny. Cs got Irving for basically a late lotto pick so....anything is possible.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 09:25 PM
people thought the same with IT as well... they are better with kyrie but the system we play and the players we have we could expose kyries defense... id prefer that because when they dont have a kyrie/IT their offense takes a hit but their defense is insane............https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/a8b39d6a5da8b495b1167577d31b14d0.gif

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:32 PM
stick to your bets buddy and worry about the insane uber great godly pelicans who are the favorites by your basketball knowledge. I look at team defense and the celtics as a whole... People laughed last year when I said they were more dangerous without IT... Until he went down and they were. Celtics are a system that play insane defense

Oh the Pels would smoke Philly. That much is for sure. And

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 09:34 PM
LOL JJ and his **** boy hair cut

WaDe03
04-30-2018, 09:34 PM
:laugh:

They have some very good picks and Rozier is cooking you all, he looks like a future all star. Keep reading though, I said they may have to give 1 of Tatum and brown, if so you do it.

You all should go all in for LeBron and PG and hope you get one of them then try to outbid the Celtics for Kawhi if you really want to be the team of the future. That Celtics team with KL added is better than the Sixers with LeBron.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Philly's defense clearly decided to take the day off.. 2 open 3's. Really??

ewing
04-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Like the way Joel is using his pivot and getting paint shots from the post

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 09:38 PM
If PHI thinks they can just not play defense all series itís going to be a quick one for them

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 09:39 PM
I hate Smart so much some times

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Sooo nice by Embiid on that layup. Keep feeding the beast, and start playing some D.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:43 PM
lmfao at no perimeter defense... its like we decided we just prefer to leave them open and see if they just miss.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Simmons has just been horrible. Imagine if Jaylen Brown was playing.

ewing
04-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Sooo nice by Embiid on that layup. Keep feeding the beast, and start playing some D.

Heís playing like a big. He needs to do that more often

Lil Rhody
04-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Simmons has just been horrible. Imagine if Jaylen Brown was playing.Empty stats!

AllBall
04-30-2018, 09:52 PM
lol, these Not A Rookie chants from Boston fans, hehehe

ewing
04-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Al has been incredible since the playoffs started

tredigs
04-30-2018, 09:54 PM

Been great all year.

aman_13
04-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Fight in the stands alert.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:55 PM
embiid is doing everything... it would be nice if he honestly wasnt playing the ****ing celtics himself.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Could use some LeBron right now but some Philly fans say no. LOL...

AllBall
04-30-2018, 09:56 PM

He's been in the playoffs every year (except one) for past 11 years.

c.c.
04-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Embiid been studying Harden game I see

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 09:57 PM
celtics are hitting everything from beyond... we are hitting nothing... welp it wont continue but next game is a must win.

ewing
04-30-2018, 09:58 PM
Been great all year.

Always been a fan hadnít seen him look this good playing one on one. Heís posting and taking people off the bounce. Really looks great out there

ewing
04-30-2018, 09:59 PM
celtics are hitting everything from beyond... we are hitting nothing... welp it wont continue but next game is a must win.

Yep thatís a big difference

PAOboston
Smart outrebounded Embiid, scorer a bucket and got a foul on Embiid.

Just because.

FlashBolt
Brad Stevens just solidified why he is the COTY. This is amazing. Two of his best players are out for the season, they weren't expected to be much, and yet, they are 2nd seed and beating healthy teams. From the coaching staff to the players and draft picks, this team has so much potential. Can't wait to see how this plays out. I've been dying for a Lakers vs Celtics rivalry to come back..

ewing
04-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Purple really is McHaleís color

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:00 PM

They're getting much better looks. Just outplaying you guys all over the court to be honest.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Crazy to think that the Celtics are missing 3 of their 4 best players.

ewing
Still only 12

AllBall
Brad Stevens just solidified why he is the COTY. This is amazing. Two of his best players are out for the season, they weren't expected to be much, and yet, they are 2nd seed and beating healthy teams. From the coaching staff to the players and draft picks, this team has so much potential. Can't wait to see how this plays out. I've been dying for a Lakers vs Celtics rivalry to come back..

I agree with that. A Lebron to Lakers would make such a rivalry that much more entertaining. ;)

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:02 PM
Huge for Philly to close it out 5 more points in the last 30 seconds. They've still got a good shot if they play some D.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 10:05 PM
The lack of respect for Saric is sad.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 10:07 PM
Stevens needs to change the rotations so Horford and Rozier donít sit together as much.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Stevens needs to change the rotations so Horford and Rozier donít sit together as much.His rotations are maddening sometimes. I wouldn't care if Kyrie or Hayward were healthy. You can't play 4 offensively inept players for 5 straight minutes in a playoff game.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Does Philly plan on covering Rozier at all? He's been legit wide open on like every 3 he has scored.

Alayla
Terrible game on every level utterly embrassing.

Oakmont_4
Stevens needs to change the rotations so Horford and Rozier donít sit together as much.

Too many good things happen when theyíre together. Smart just needs to be better when theyíre not in. Smart, Morris, Tatum need to be on the court and clicking when Al and Terry are out

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Too many good things happen when theyíre together. Smart just needs to be better when theyíre not in. Smart, Morris, Tatum need to be on the court and clicking when Al and Terry are outSmart has been abysmal this game imo. More than usual.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Bob Kraft the ****ing Don on the all black

ewing
04-30-2018, 10:15 PM
The lack of respect for Saric is sad.

Dude has won me over in the playoff and Ersan are scrappy

Vee-Rex
So glad the Cavs got our championship in before the Celtics take over the East.

CasperX22
Even missing ft's. Philly clearly didn't come ready for Boston tonight.

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 10:16 PM
Also I like Larkin on the floor when Terry isnít. He makes the ball move.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Cs already in the penalty with 8 mins left. Bad news for Boston

ewing
04-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Covington has 3 points. That hurts

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:19 PM
i hate illya so much... embiid thank you for showing up while everyone else decided to phone it in.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:20 PM
i have never seen so many open 3s a day in my life... like its insane.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Horford is destroying Embiid.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 10:21 PM
i have never seen so many open 3s a day in my life... like its insane.

Stevens offense man...

SoxRTattedOnMe
04-30-2018, 10:22 PM
If Kyrie was plying this would be a blowout!!!

tredigs
Yeah, Horford just gets whatever he wants on Embiid. He gets so lost when he has to venture outside of the paint on D.

CasperX22
Too easy. Boston getting wide open looks in almost every possession.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:23 PM

its more like embiid has to cover the paint because nobody else is playing defense... like literally nobody.

PhillySportFan
04-30-2018, 10:24 PM
If Kyrie was plying this would be a blowout!!!

We're playing horrible, the fact that it's not a complete blowout is only because you don't have superstars.

ewing
Other then LeBron has anyone been better then Al these playoffs?

CasperX22

Not really. Philly has been slow to rotate all night.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:26 PM
On behalf of Cs fans everywhere, I'd like to thank the 76ers for continuing to play Belinelli. He's a disaster on defense.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 10:26 PM
Why they have to do Fultz like that lmao

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:27 PM
we needed this in all honesty... Now maybe they can wake up. Long series to the people that actually understand basketball.

tredigs
That's ball game. Beat down from start to finish.

ewing
Games not over

PhillySportFan
I don't think Boston is going 16-34 from 3 every game, could be wrong but I think this game is an anomaly.

Vee-Rex
Lmao Boston fans chanting "He's a rookie!" with Tatum at the line.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:28 PM
lol at that foul call... they waited for it to go in or not xD

warfelg
Wow that call was so freaking late. Also Kevin McHale is a POS.

PAOboston
Tatum...going to be torching the Eastern conference for the next decade.

WaDe03
Damn wasn't expecting Embiid and Simmons to get dominated by Horford and rozier.

ewing
Ok now itís over

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:29 PM
I don't think Boston is going 16-34 from 3 every game, could be wrong but I think this game is an anomaly.

Eh no, but they will easily shoot 40% if they continue to get wide open 3 after wide open 3. Basically scrimmage level perimeter D.

PAOboston
lol at that foul call... they waited for it to go in or not xDClear foul on the elbow

ewing
Tatum...going to be torching the Eastern conference for the best decade.

He really go to the basket hard

WaDe03
Ainge robbed the Sixers for Tatum lol

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 10:31 PM

They should be expected to shoot an awesome percentage if they keep getting these looks. You leave guys wide open all game and theyíll ahoot better than normal.

PAOboston
I don't think Boston is going 16-34 from 3 every game, could be wrong but I think this game is an anomaly.I mean, they are like wide open on every 3 attempt though. Some effort on perimeter defense might help.

More-Than-Most
just 1 game... we will win the series... gonna be a fun few years when we get bron or pg13

Oakmont_4
No Hayward. No Kyrie. No Brown. No problem. Trust the process. I mean Stevens...

warfelg
04-30-2018, 10:32 PM
6 point game, gonna be tough, but I find it hard to see us continuing to shoot only 20% from 3.

More-Than-Most
They should be expected to shoot an awesome percentage if they keep getting these looks. You leave guys wide open all game and theyíll ahoot better than normal.

I mean, they are like wide open on every 3 attempt though. Some effort on perimeter defense might help.

its like the game plan was lets let them shoot and hope they miss... i have never seen a game where so many guys were wide open from 3.

PAOboston
Simmons has been a massive hindrance imo for Phillt this half. His refusal to shoot is a problem. He's like a 6'10'' version of Rondo.

nastynice
04-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Boston just stays playing beyond my expectation. Major props to them for looking like this without their two best players, and arguably third best

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 10:34 PM
just 1 game... we will win the series... gonna be a fun few years when we get bron or pg13

Nah, Philly is too good for LeBron. LeBron needs Sixers more than they need him LMAO.

Btw, Ben Simmons has a demeanor to walk away from confrontations much like LeBron. I like it.

PAOboston
6 point game, gonna be tough, but I find it hard to see us continuing to shoot only 20% from 3.Cs are the best defense vs the 3. Not saying this will last but 76ers were shooting out of their minds lately from 3. They were due to cool off.

warfelg
Amazing the ref let Smart keep going at him after a series where just looking at a guy meant a T.

homie564
Celtics big 3... Tatum, Rozier, Horford lol. Great D from what I watched (sorry bruins took precedence for me tonight lol), and that was without one of our best defenders in Jaylen Brown

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Yabusele, the human victory cigar in the game

FlashBolt
Simmons has been a massive hindrance imo for Phillt this half. His refusal to shoot is a problem. He's like a 6'10'' version of Rondo.

He's like 7 feet but his lack of shooting is a big problem. He's not a good FT shooter either. He's gotta work on a midrange/FT shooting. He doesn't really have to shoot threes at all.

nastynice
Smart going at Simmons,lol he still a rook

PhillySportFan

This is exactly why when we aren't hitting 3's he's so limited. He gets his assists from 3pt shooters and it also free's him up to attack when they're on.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Just thank Billy King, Prokorov and the Nets if you're the Celtics.

Shocking that the 2 East teams who have stockpiled top picks for years are going to be at the top for the next decade..

Bring The Heat
I like Simmons and he is talented but if dude doesnít learn how to pull up and at least shoot a mid range jumper he ainít gonna last long in this league.

PAOboston
He's like 7 feet but his lack of shooting is a big problem. He's not a good FT shooter either. He's gotta work on a midrange/FT shooting. He doesn't really have to shoot threes at all.It's not just that he's not a good shooter. He legit just doesn't shoot.

tredigs
Just play hack-a-simmons any time they have a lead in a big game.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2018, 10:37 PM
any 4 of the remaining east teams can make the finals. Crazy

warfelg
Cs are the best defense vs the 3. Not saying this will last but 76ers were shooting out of their minds lately from 3. They were due to cool off.

Even if we shoot 33%, that's 4 more made, 12 points, and making the game a little closer. When we start hitting even average rates we're a much tougher team to defend.

Officiating, they let a lot go, but they let it go for both sides so it's not like it was oddly tilted or consistent stoppage to play.

Oakmont_4
6 point game, gonna be tough, but I find it hard to see us continuing to shoot only 20% from 3.

6 point game?

Oakmont_4
04-30-2018, 10:38 PM
Even if we shoot 33%, that's 4 more made, 12 points, and making the game a little closer. When we start hitting even average rates we're a much tougher team to defend.

Officiating, they let a lot go, but they let it go for both sides so it's not like it was oddly tilted or consistent stoppage to play.

PHI been in the bonus for the last 8 mins. Donít bring up officiating in this one

PAOboston
Cs draw first blood.

What a win with no JB tonight.

Impressive performance.

FlashBolt
I like Simmons and he is talented but if dude doesnít learn how to pull up and at least shoot a mid range jumper he ainít gonna last long in this league.

Simmons doesn't even have to shoot and he'll be a top 15 player guaranteed.

It's not just that he's not a good shooter. He legit just doesn't shoot.

If he's not shooting it, it's because his coach tells him not to because it's a bad possession. He's going to have to make teams pay for not defending him. I feel like with such a great team behind Simmons, he's not going to develop the way LeBron was forced to due to LeBron's lack of teammates. Simmons will still be a great player without shooting the ball but it's such a massive liability when you need someone to close games out.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 10:39 PM
6 point game?

Whiffed on the 1.

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Oh boy. That was depressing. Well done Boston. Definitely underestimated you guys.

zn23
04-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Ben Simmons, -21 with 7 turnovers... yikes.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Simmons doesn't even have to shoot and he'll be a top 15 player guaranteed.

If he's not shooting it, it's because his coach tells him not to because it's a bad possession. He's going to have to make teams pay for not defending him. I feel like with such a great team behind Simmons, he's not going to develop the way LeBron was forced to due to LeBron's lack of teammates. Simmons will still be a great player without shooting the ball but it's such a massive liability when you need someone to close games out.

Simmons is going to need to learn to be a rhythm shooter. When he's taking that crossing fadeaway jumper or stop pull up at the elbow jumper he looks good. He needs to learn to take that to the next step with his game.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Celtics add Jaylen Brown for G2. Embiid's not going to play much better, so they've got their work cut out for them. The table was ripe for a G1 steal, but man that was a beat down from start to finish.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 10:43 PM
So when GH returns, Boston clearly has some big decisions to make.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Rosier

All four of these guys can make things happen for Boston. Clearly, Kyrie is their best offensive option but are we even positive Hayward should absolutely be above Brown and Rosier? Someone will be upset. Brown and Rosier are free agents very soon. They will not be happy being sidelined when they can earn some big money. On the other hand, those two are part of a system where Brad Stevens has been able to win with various perimeter players. Are Brown and Rosier just part of the system or are they really that good?

More-Than-Most
1 game... series is going 6 or 7... i 100 percent expected this. Next game I feel like will be reversed and we will win by 20... You heard it here first.

warfelg
Celtics add Jaylen Brown for G2. Embiid's not going to play much better, so they've got their work cut out for them. The table was ripe for a G1 steal, but man that was a beat down from start to finish.

Supporting cast can't play much worse, so there's that.

CasperX22
Yup. gg Boston. That was a good and kicking. Expect the sixers to refocus and make adjustments for game 2.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 10:44 PM
So when GH returns, Boston clearly has some big decisions to make.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Rosier

All four of these guys can make things happen for Boston. Clearly, Kyrie is their best offensive option but are we even positive Hayward should absolutely be above Brown and Rosier? Someone will be upset. Brown and Rosier are free agents very soon. They will not be happy being sidelined when they can earn some big money.

Yes, the All Star starts ahead of the slightly above average players. That's not a question.

lakerfan85
04-30-2018, 10:45 PM
Sixers in 5..

Well, I was wrong... I see this maybe going 7 now.. Boston plays really well at home and they are a scrappy bunch..

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:46 PM

we will be adding saric/belli/ben/covington... you remember earlier in the year when you were all over the dick calling us trash because we had games like this? It happens... It has happened quite a bit to us because we live and die by the 3. Them getting Brown is nice but tatum/rozier/horford wont ever have those games again... its called logic and the argument where they did this without so and so and will be getting him back next game means nothing until you see how it plays out if you are justifying it on the performance in this game where we were **** in every way possible and they were great in every way possibe.

tredigs
Well, I was wrong... I see this maybe going 7 now.. Boston plays really well at home and they are a scrappy bunch..
Philly better hope it goes 6. I don't see them winning a G7 on the road.

FlashBolt
Yes, the All Star starts ahead of the slightly above average players. That's not a question.

Rosier and Brown have been playing really well when relied on. GH is also coming back from a very serious injury. It's not for certain by any means. Brad Stevens has to decide on how they want to go starting forward. Rosier seems to always step up when needed and Brown has been playing better than Hayward's first two seasons. He's due for a leap into being an 18 PPG scorer.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 10:47 PM
Supporting cast can't play much worse, so there's that.

that is way above him... better to just keep it simple... brown back means they will play even better and tatum/rozier/horford will be on like they were lol.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 10:51 PM
that is way above him... better to just keep it simple... brown back means they will play even better and tatum/rozier/horford will be on like they were lol.

I mean this shouldn't be a hot take but: Sixers aint going to shoot 19% from three all series and Celts aint gonna shoot near 50% from three all series. That was literally the difference in this game. And it's not like every one of theirs was wide open and ours were contested. They hit some tough ones and we missed some wide open ones. It happens. But if you are going to look at a game with abnormal 3 point shooting from both sides and say that's what the entire series is going to be like....your dead wrong lol.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 10:55 PM
I didn't even watch the game but I assume Ben Simmons played poorly? If so, who was guarding him on the Celtics? It seems like he should be able to get to the basket in the same way Giannis did. Ben Simmons is by far a more talented passer than Giannis and he's got more help in the perimeter. If he's not able to shoot the ball, he needs to start finding other ways to become an offensive threat.

MJNetsIsles
04-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Iím rooting for Philly to beat Boston just like in the Super Bowl.

WaDe03
Yea Celtics are for sure the team of the future

MJNetsIsles

76ers are better and no one will beat the Warriors with Curry and Durant.

Vee-Rex
I mean this shouldn't be a hot take but: Sixers aint going to shoot 19% from three all series and Celts aint gonna shoot near 50% from three all series. That was literally the difference in this game. And it's not like every one of theirs was wide open and ours were contested. They hit some tough ones and we missed some wide open ones. It happens. But if you are going to look at a game with abnormal 3 point shooting from both sides and say that's what the entire series is going to be like....your dead wrong lol.

True.

Problem in the playoffs is: all it takes is a couple hot games. It's gamblers fallacy to assume a team won't be hot and shoot well just because they did it one game already. Celtics only need 3 more wins. They could be smoking hot for 2 more, then grind out that 4th win.

corky831
It's tough for a young team to win in Boston....as a Celtics fan, series is far from over....but Brad will make Philly work their ***** off to win this series. The Celtics defense is their strong suit. I think the X factor is Rozier right now, he's so quick does Philly have a man to put on him? This will be a good series, especially since Boston has home court

WaDe03
04-30-2018, 11:00 PM

Sixers aren't better, for sure not better with Kyrie Hayward and JB and that's why I said future not present. Although if they add Kawhi they could beat the Warriors.

nastynice
04-30-2018, 11:01 PM
Oh boy. That was depressing. Well done Boston. Definitely underestimated you guys.

Donít feel bad, Iím pretty sure we ALL underestimated them

warfelg
04-30-2018, 11:07 PM
True.

Problem in the playoffs is: all it takes is a couple hot games. It's gamblers fallacy to assume a team won't be hot and shoot well just because they did it one game already. Celtics only need 3 more wins. They could be smoking hot for 2 more, then grind out that 4th win.

I think there also the difference between regular season and playoffs too. I would agree in the regular season but in the playoffs teams have the ability to hone in on it.

Iím not going to say they canít stay hot but to that level of staying hot is statistically very improbable.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Rosier and Brown have been playing really well when relied on. GH is also coming back from a very serious injury. It's not for certain by any means. Brad Stevens has to decide on how they want to go starting forward. Rosier seems to always step up when needed and Brown has been playing better than Hayward's first two seasons. He's due for a leap into being an 18 PPG scorer.

Lol bro they're not sitting their 30 million dollar a year max free agent All Star in his prime because they have a couple of fun young players. That's not a decision Brad is even contemplating. Hayward is going to KILL in this lineup.

warfelg
04-30-2018, 11:09 PM
I didn't even watch the game but I assume Ben Simmons played poorly? If so, who was guarding him on the Celtics? It seems like he should be able to get to the basket in the same way Giannis did. Ben Simmons is by far a more talented passer than Giannis and he's got more help in the perimeter. If he's not able to shoot the ball, he needs to start finding other ways to become an offensive threat.

A little. He did this in game 1 against Miami though. Pushed the issue a little too much, made mistakes, and by games 3-4-5 he looked like he belonged. I think tonight he learned heís got to finish stronger and force defenses to collapse, and when they do things will work out.

FlashBolt
Lol bro they're not sitting their 30 million dollar a year max free agent All Star in his prime because they have a couple of fun young players. That's not a decision Brad is even contemplating. Hayward is going to KILL in this lineup.

When did I say sit? I'm saying that Gordon Hayward might not even be the 2nd option on this team coming back from his injury. Rozier and Brown can each drop 20 if given the ball as much as Hayward had it during Utah. Brad Stevens simply has too many sufficient pieces at his disposal. He's got to figure out how to make it work. Rozier won't be happy playing 25 minutes per game when he's developed a reputation of being a quality player.

More-Than-Most

lol the celtics are def talented and a team of the future but its better to just not play into it... him and the 2 other heat fans have been in here typing the same post over and over again because we sent them home.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 11:15 PM
When did I say sit? I'm saying that Gordon Hayward might not even be the 2nd option on this team coming back from his injury. Rozier and Brown can each drop 20 if given the ball as much as Hayward had it during Utah. Brad Stevens simply has too many sufficient pieces at his disposal. He's got to figure out how to make it work. Rozier won't be happy playing 25 minutes per game when he's developed a reputation of being a quality player.
Oh did I mis-read? Thought you said they'd consider benching him? Edit: I see what you're saying now. Yeah, there's no question that Hayward is the 1B option on the team. His arsenal ***** on both of those guys.

WaDe03
04-30-2018, 11:21 PM
lol the celtics are def talented and a team of the future but its better to just not play into it... him and the 2 other heat fans have been in here typing the same post over and over again because we sent them home.

If you ain't first your last and it's not looking like you'll be first any time soon. We were 3 times in the last 12 years, good luck trying to come close to that.

Bring The Heat
04-30-2018, 11:23 PM
so sixers fans really think they are better than a Celtics team with a healthy Hayward and Irving and along with the rest of the group currently? Lol.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 11:24 PM
Cs did well tonight. They went man to man with Embiid. He got his but they basically negated Simmons as they took away all the Philly perimeter shooters. If they continue to do that, they will beat PHI.

For Philly, Simmons need to shoot/attack. Otherwise he's playing into Cs gameplan.

BoSox47
04-30-2018, 11:25 PM
so sixers fans really think they are better than a Celtics team with a healthy Hayward and Irving and along with the rest of the group currently? Lol.

and jaylen brown, the celtics leading playoff scorer didnt play either.

JasonJohnHorn
04-30-2018, 11:28 PM
The Bostn Celtics started the post season without Hayward or Kyrie: neither of whom will be with the team this post season.

They also started the post-season without Marcus Smart, who, though not a veyr good shooter, is a critical hustle/gel guy.

Still.. they managed to pull out an impressive win over the Bucks, who had the best player on the court (Giannis) and very likely the second best player on the court (Kris Middleton: though that i debateable).

They also had, arguably (again) the best back court player in the series in Eric Bledso.

And still, Boston came out on top.

Tonight, they played the red-hot 76ers, and to add a further handicap, they were without Jaylen Brown: their second leading scorer this season.

No Hayward.
No Kryie.
No Brown.

And they are playing a team who is 20-1 over their last 21 games.

And still, they pulled out a huge win.

How is Boston able to achieve this level of performance despite missing so many key players and relying on a rookie who scored less than 14 points per game in the regular season?

This is dumbfounding.

Thoughts?

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 11:29 PM

It will definitely be interesting to see how playing time shakes out. Hayward and Irving will be back. Also, Daniel Theis isnít a weíll know name but he was a solid rotation big that fits todayís mobile game very well. Iím looking forward to home returning.

Kyrie/Rozier
Brown
Hayward / Ojeleye
Tatum / Morris
Horford / Theis

Thatís the rotation right now heading into next year. They have Bird rights on Smart and non bird rights on Baynes. And a 1st rounder of their own (3% chance we get the Lakers pick too lol). And the MLE and the Bi Annual Exception.

Part of why I think Boston will push hard for Kawhi is that they almost have to make a consolidation trade of some sort.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Stevens gets them open shots and his system is aided by the ball handling responsibility Horford is able to assume, putting more athletic players in off ball motion.

And while they may not be great players, they are great defenders. So Stevens makes up for the offense and they just defend like crazy.

MJNetsIsles
04-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Thoughts?

Without Billy King trading for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, the Celtics wouldnít even be in the Playoffs. I HATE him.

They are getting production and wins because they were gift wrapped top selections in the draft and did solid scouting jobs to hit on their picks.

Iím not surprised at Bostonís success so far. I think Philly will be a tough team for them to beat with Simmons and Embiid, but luck of the Irish could be on their side.

As a Nets fan, I wait patiently for the NBA draft. Having 1 late round first pick (from Toronto) and 2 second round selections. Iím excited that the team is finally getting their own draft picks back in 2019. Hopefully we tank forever until we have an NBA Championship contender.

PAOboston
04-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Brad. Stevens.

MJNetsIsles
04-30-2018, 11:49 PM
Brad. Stevens.

Brad Stevens would lose 50 games on a bad team. Heís not a savior. THE real praise should go to Danny Ainge.

CasperX22
05-01-2018, 12:00 AM

You sure seem to want to make this true.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 12:00 AM
You sure seem to want to make this true.

I hate the Celtics, it's the truth though and I don't see how anyone could deny it.

CasperX22
05-01-2018, 12:06 AM
I hate the Celtics, it's the truth though and I don't see how anyone could deny it.

Milwaukee literally took them to the brink. Let that sink in. One abnormally great shooting game for the Celtics and an all around bad game from the Sixers will change that. The future is bright for both teams. Going to be fun renewing a rivalry that has mostly been dormant for the better part of 2 decades.

WaDe03
05-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Milwaukee literally took them to the brink. Let that sink in. One abnormally great shooting game for the Celtics and an all around bad game from the Sixers will change that. The future is bright for both teams. Going to be fun renewing a rivalry that has mostly been dormant for the better part of 2 decades.

Without their top 2 players who are all stars and Smart was out for 4 games and they just drug y'all through the mud, now let that sink in. You guys have no shot against that team at full health and you better get ready because they'll probably pull something big off this summer with their assets.

sixer04fan
05-01-2018, 12:15 AM
If we had Lebron, we win games like tonight. Just saying, anti-Lebroners!

bootsy
05-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Sixers aren't better, for sure not better with Kyrie Hayward and JB and that's why I said future not present. Although if they add Kawhi they could beat the Warriors.

LOL this guy again. Let me guess you'll be a Celtic fan soon. You are pathetic and an enormous troll.

The Sixers have a top 10 pick and another 1st round pick, serious cap space and two healthy young superstars and another player (Fultz) that needs a full offseason. The Celtics have a broken down star (Irving), another star that isn't getting any younger (Horford), a budding star (Tatum) and a bunch of C+ players that play way above their heads at home and look like **** on the road. The Sixers have the brighter future.

Forgot about Brown which makes it closer but Boston has no one on Simmons and Embiid's level.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2018, 12:48 AM

when did any sixer fan says this????? We will be better i 100 percent believe that because we already have the best player on either team in embiid and he will only get better/smarter... On top of this simmons and saric are going to keep growing as will fultz finally get a chance next year.... We also have free agency... Their guys will grow as well but again simmons and embiid will be on another level... their team is deeper which we will take care of come free agency to close that gap.

LOb0
05-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Man the Celtics are going to be a monster when they get healthy. And Brown and Tatum are going to get better.

I still think Philly is winning this series. I've watched enough basketball in my life to know that the more talented team will eventually come through in a playoff series. No one game overreaction here.

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 01:21 AM
If we had Lebron, we win games like tonight. Just saying, anti-Lebroners!

Yeah but do you need to win games like tonight?

Oakmont_4
05-01-2018, 06:17 AM

Brad will make it work. Smart has always come off the bench the past 3 years yet averages 30+ mpg.

Irving (32)/Rozier (16)
Brown (16)/Rozier (16)/ Smart (16)
Hayward (32)/Smart (16)
Tatum (32)/Brown (16)
Horford (32)/Theis(16)

Obviously not going to play a whole season with those numbers but if healthy, that would be an intense playoff rotation. The compliment of athleticism/defense/ability to score in any way would be incredibly tough to match up for any team.

Oakmont_4
05-01-2018, 06:19 AM
we will be adding saric/belli/ben/covington... you remember earlier in the year when you were all over the dick calling us trash because we had games like this? It happens... It has happened quite a bit to us because we live and die by the 3. Them getting Brown is nice but tatum/rozier/horford wont ever have those games again... its called logic and the argument where they did this without so and so and will be getting him back next game means nothing until you see how it plays out if you are justifying it on the performance in this game where we were **** in every way possible and they were great in every way possibe.

Those 3 have had games like that back to back now...yet they won't have them again? Please