PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins vs Parker

Twolves88
04-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Both seem to be pretty disappointing both in the playoffs and from their respective teams. If forced to have one of these players on your team for the immediate future which would you pick?

LaVar Ball
04-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Both seem to be pretty disappointing both in the playoffs and from their respective teams. If forced to have one of these players on your team for the immediate future which would you pick?

Disappointing as in not future franchise players ? Yes

But they can still be good complementary super role players on a stacked team.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 07:43 PM
If that is the case disappointing is an understatement considering the expectations for both when being drafted. This isnt just an injury thing either... these 2 players look like garbage and if I am both teams id make the smart bet asap... wolves need to trade wiggins quickly while he still has the potential from the view point of other teams and the bucks should either trade or let go of parker... if either teams keep these players both teams become capped and now have a lower roof

Raps18-19 Champ
04-29-2018, 07:52 PM
We have this debate every year.

Jabari is a better fit for most teams but has under delivered each year it seems due to injury.

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 07:54 PM
There is nothing I like about Wiggins and his game. He needs to be the focal point of your offense to get his points and that's all he does anyways. I wouldn't even pay $15 million for Wiggins... hell, maybe not even $10 million.

LOb0
04-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Wiggins, at least he stays on the court.

zn23
04-29-2018, 08:00 PM
I'd rather have Parker. Parker has an injury history, But despite that he's just been more effective than Wiggins.

Twolves88
04-29-2018, 08:09 PM
We have this debate every year.

Jabari is a better fit for most teams but has under delivered each year it seems due to injury.

Its a different context now that both have been in the playoffs and have underperformed. Both players also don't seem to find in well with their respective teams. Wiggins also got a max and Jabari is probably going to be asking for a hefty contract upgrade as well.

From a pure talent standpoint Wiggins wins out. However, between the ears he just doesn't get it.

GiantsSwaGG
04-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Parker is overweight

Wiggins IQ is really low

Rather have neither but if I had choose I go Parker

Raps18-19 Champ
04-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Its a different context now that both have been in the playoffs and have underperformed. Both players also don't seem to find in well with their respective teams. Wiggins also got a max and Jabari is probably going to be asking for a hefty contract upgrade as well.

From a pure talent standpoint Wiggins wins out. However, between the ears he just doesn't get it.

No one expected them to play well in the playoffs to begin with though so not sure how the context changes much. I don't think their teams have done them favours, but at the same time, I don't think teams should give them the opportunity to lead if they want those 2 to figure it out quickly.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 09:06 PM
😂 I have faith in both as late bloomers, but I canít really say anything till they actually do it at this point. Both have been amazing and unstoppable in spurts. Id take both at 18 mill a year

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 10:09 PM
Jabari was a complete stud before his injury. Fortunately, his game doesn't require him to be athletic. He's a great scorer who doesn't really need the ball at all times. He'd be a solid 3rd option on a really great team. Blame Giannis, IMO. He doesn't do enough to get teammates involved. If Giannis is to be the next top five NBA player, he has to start creating for others consistently. No one doubles Giannis. They simply let him do what he wants because they know stopping his teammates is a better option.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 10:54 PM
There is nothing I like about Wiggins and his game. He needs to be the focal point of your offense to get his points and that's all he does anyways. I wouldn't even pay $15 million for Wiggins... hell, maybe not even $10 million.

the dude has all the tools but might honestly be the dumbest basketball player in a long long time.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 12:05 AM
the dude has all the tools but might honestly be the dumbest basketball player in a long long time.

He's not a great basketball player, period. You usually get the sense of who they are as a player by now. Wiggins has been in the league for four seasons. I remember the scouting report on him pre-draft. This guy has not improved enough to be deemed a star player. Minny blew a big one signing a player who doesn't seem to be motivated at all. His defense is trash, his athleticism doesn't work on the pro level because he's still too skinny and soft, and what about his game translates to winning? He's 2015 Kobe. Someone who just wants to score the ball at the cost of his team. IMO, Wiggins needs to focus on being a defender. His shots are never going to increase on a championship-level team. He needs to find a way to be elite without needing the ball. Since he can't shoot, his best option is to be a lockdown defender. Hit the gym, get up to 220, and play more like Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler isn't a great shooter but the reason he's succeeded in this league is because he plays defense and works hard. Wiggins is like 205 as a 6'7 small forward. How does the guy expect to get to the paint or guard a guy like LeBron..?

Twolves88
04-30-2018, 01:03 AM
No one expected them to play well in the playoffs to begin with though so not sure how the context changes much. I don't think their teams have done them favours, but at the same time, I don't think teams should give them the opportunity to lead if they want those 2 to figure it out quickly.

I can't agree. Both teams relied heavily on parker and wiggins respectively. Both players stepping up with the amount of talent that they have would of been huge. Wiggins at times has shown he can take over games when he decides he wants to actually play hard. I'm not sure how the timberwolves haven't done wiggins favors. For the last 4 seasons hes been basically gift wrapped the franchise player title as well as given the ball in end of game situations...

R. Johnson#3
04-30-2018, 07:09 AM
Iím still of the belief that if Parker avoided injury heíd be a star in the league.

KingstonHawke
04-30-2018, 08:25 AM
I like both players, a lot! Both severely underrated, although Wiggins is definitely not underpaid. In the right situation, both of these players are stars (a la Oladipo).

I would've loved to see a package centered around Wiggins traded for Cousins while he was healthy. I'd of even considered making the deal after he was injured if they'd of thrown in Monk, a first, and Cousins was guaranteed to extend.

Yeah, it would hurt their playoff hopes short term, but going forward it'd be huge! And Wiggins would thrive as the primary perimiter scorer.

On the other hand, I want Parker in Chicago. He loses a little weight he could be a 20ppg go to scorer for them. He's a budget version of young Carmelo. His situation needs to be like what Melo's was in Denver where his only focus is to score.

crewfan13
04-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Jabari was a complete stud before his injury. Fortunately, his game doesn't require him to be athletic. He's a great scorer who doesn't really need the ball at all times. He'd be a solid 3rd option on a really great team. Blame Giannis, IMO. He doesn't do enough to get teammates involved. If Giannis is to be the next top five NBA player, he has to start creating for others consistently. No one doubles Giannis. They simply let him do what he wants because they know stopping his teammates is a better option.

I donít blame Giannis, I blame coaching. Our coaching has been epically bad. Thereís no offensive structure and theyíve handled Jabariís return very poorly.

As a bucks fan, this will be an interesting offseason for Jabari. I could see a new coach sort of unlocking him. But he was also pretty checked out at times at the end of the year, which could result in him basically being done with Milwaukee.

mavwar53
04-30-2018, 10:43 AM
Iíd take Parker, never cared for Wiggins and heís yet to prove me wrong, selfish and overrated athleticism. Parker needs to find a flow, would be great on a team that moves the ball much more. Size and strength he could be a good 3/4 guy. I expect him somewhere else next year and if injuries are pretty much non existent then he will have a very productive year.

IndyRealist
04-30-2018, 11:03 AM
I like both players, a lot! Both severely underrated, although Wiggins is definitely not underpaid. In the right situation, both of these players are stars (a la Oladipo).

I would've loved to see a package centered around Wiggins traded for Cousins while he was healthy. I'd of even considered making the deal after he was injured if they'd of thrown in Monk, a first, and Cousins was guaranteed to extend.

Yeah, it would hurt their playoff hopes short term, but going forward it'd be huge! And Wiggins would thrive as the primary perimiter scorer.

On the other hand, I want Parker in Chicago. He loses a little weight he could be a 20ppg go to scorer for them. He's a budget version of young Carmelo. His situation needs to be like what Melo's was in Denver where his only focus is to score.

I really wish people would stop trying to use outliers like Oladipo and say that's the baseline to project every player. The fact that everyone cites Oladipo suggests that it's not a normal occurence.

basketfan4life
05-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Iím still of the belief that if Parker avoided injury heíd be a star in the league.

agreed.

mngopher35
05-07-2018, 01:57 PM
If wolves can get actual value for Wiggins in a trade that would be great, I am not sold on his iq/potential. I wouldn't just give up yet as he at least started to change this year it seemed (actually putting in effort/concentrating here and there). If he ever did it full time he could be great but that just doesn't seem possible despite having the talent/athletic abilities

Chronz
05-08-2018, 02:26 AM
Gerald green with a max contract lmao