PDA

View Full Version : WCSF: [1] Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz [5] Rockets win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2

kdspurman
04-29-2018, 01:02 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/21es18w.gifVS.http://i68.tinypic.com/282f3ie.jpg

All games in EST

Game 1 in Houston: Sunday, April 29, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 2 in Houston: Wednesday, May 2

Game 3 in Salt Lake City: TBD

Game 4 in Salt Lake City: TBD

Game 5 in Houston: TBD (if necessary)

Game 6 in Salt Lake City: TBD (if necessary)

Game 7 in Houston: TBD (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2w1t6k2.gif

C: Rudy Gobert
PF: Derrick Favors
SF: Joe Ingles
SG: Donovan Mitchell
PG: Ricky Rubio* (Out up to 10 days)

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2uzff9s.jpg

C: Clint Capela
PF: PJ Tucker
SF: Trevor Ariza
SG: James Harden
PG: Chris Paul

Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2f/a1/e5/2fa1e50f5129accc1dc337059f7c6cfb.jpg

Toyota Center, Houston

http://i63.tinypic.com/9tol03.jpg

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 01:37 AM
rockets in 6 or 7... utah defense will give the rockets fits at times but i dont see Mitch sustaining what he did last series.... the rockets arent as good as their record indicates but they are plenty good for this series.

Heediot
04-29-2018, 05:04 AM
Rubio will be missed for the first few games or so. They need his defense on the Rox backcourt players.

Mitchell is the real deal. I am rooting for him to sustain his play. He appears to embrace these big moments/games.

Probably Rox in 5 or 6.

Scoots
04-29-2018, 07:52 AM
With Rubio down this could be a sweep.

mightybosstone
04-29-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm going to Game 1 today! This is my first ever in-person playoff game, so I'm pretty stoked.

As for the series, I just don't see Utah as a legitimate challenge. They don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with Houston over seven games, especially if Rubio is out. And with the Rockets probably getting Mbah a Moute back, they'll be firing on all cylinders. I'd honestly be legitimately surprised if this went more than five games. The Rockets were 4-0 against the Jazz this season, and every single win was by double digits. Granted, three of those wins came early in the season in 2017.

Similarly to the Wolves' series, I think Utah will pull one out at home with its stars stepping up thanks to a great home court crowd. But I don't think they win any more games after that.

goingfor28
04-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Have fun at the game boss tone!

Rockets in 5. Jazz get 1 of the games in Utah but that's it. Rockets are the far better team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ewing
04-29-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm going to Game 1 today! This is my first ever in-person playoff game, so I'm pretty stoked.

As for the series, I just don't see Utah as a legitimate challenge. They don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with Houston over seven games, especially if Rubio is out. And with the Rockets probably getting Mbah a Moute back, they'll be firing on all cylinders. I'd honestly be legitimately surprised if this went more than five games. The Rockets were 4-0 against the Jazz this season, and every single win was by double digits. Granted, three of those wins came early in the season in 2017.

Similarly to the Wolves' series, I think Utah will pull one out at home with its stars stepping up thanks to a great home court crowd. But I don't think they win any more games after that.

Awesome Bosstone. Iíll be rooting for the Jazz but will definitely be happy for you if the Rockets win. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
04-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Rooting for the Rockets so the Warriors can play them in the wcf. But I truly think Utah has a chance in this series. They need Rubio though. Hopefully he can come back by game 2 or 3 at the latest

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Rooting for the Rockets so the Warriors can play them in the wcf. But I truly think Utah has a chance in this series. They need Rubio though. Hopefully he can come back by game 2 or 3 at the latest

they said 10 days- looks like the jazz are packing it in. the series could be over in 10 days. in the playoffs if it isnt a paul george or kevin ware level injury- you gotta play through the pain... games are just too important .... besides, everyone else is banged up too and theyre playing

Driven
04-29-2018, 12:32 PM
You canít expect Rubio to just fight through this injury and play

COOLbeans
04-29-2018, 12:47 PM
they said 10 days- looks like the jazz are packing it in. the series could be over in 10 days. in the playoffs if it isnt a paul george or kevin ware level injury- you gotta play through the pain... games are just too important .... besides, everyone else is banged up too and theyre playing

YEa dude below you is right. Although I agree with you...

you already know that a hamstring injury in basketball is a painful thing. You must be able to run jump and shoot and your hamstring is one of the most important muscles for those things. Who knows if he can actually walk straight right now.

But there is no time for caution. If he can walk or run then he needs to play

Driven
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Have fun! I was lightly considering flying and going to a game in the conference finals or finals if they make it, but I doubt it happens. Should be a fun game to go to today

dhopisthename
04-29-2018, 12:54 PM

this is a really silly comment on so many different levels. as for the series we have no chance without rubio. Our defense will be better because Royce is a better defender then rubio, but our offense will simply be Mitchell and that is not good enough against the Rockets.

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 01:04 PM
this is a really silly comment on so many different levels. as for the series we have no chance without rubio. Our defense will be better because Royce is a better defender then rubio, but our offense will simply be Mitchell and that is not good enough against the Rockets.

Like I said- the jazz are throwing out the white flag... packing it in. Otherwise they wouldnt say rubio is out 10 days... theyd see how he progresses day to day

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 01:05 PM
You canít expect Rubio to just fight through this injury and play

right- but you could treat it and see how it is day to day.... not just say hes out for 10 days when you dont know how he will feel in 3-5 days

Scoots
04-29-2018, 01:14 PM

Have fun! I'm a little amazed I've been to a Rockets home playoff game and you haven't yet :)

There is a reasonable chance this could be an utter destruction of the Jazz and there is nothing like a home playoff blowout. Close games are far more stressful in person.

dhopisthename
04-29-2018, 03:48 PM
Like I said- the jazz are throwing out the white flag... packing it in. Otherwise they wouldnt say rubio is out 10 days... theyd see how he progresses day to day

or they have just announced that he will miss one game, but its an injury that usually takes ten days?

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Jazz shock the World and take it in 6. Donovan Mitchell is for real.

zn23
04-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Harden just smoked by Gobert like he was nothing.

Driven
04-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Rockets off to a quick start today

Driven
04-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Mbah a Moute back for Houston

Driven
04-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Chris Paul is just ****ing around out there

Driven
04-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Hubie Brown just called James Harden 6í6Ē

still1ballin
04-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Jazz shock the World and take it in 6. Donovan Mitchell is for real.

k.

goingfor28
04-29-2018, 05:06 PM
This series is going to be a joke

Vee-Rex
04-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Hubie Brown just called James Harden 6í6Ē

he's 6'5 and some change, right?

Scoots
04-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Have fun! I'm a little amazed I've been to a Rockets home playoff game and you haven't yet :)

There is a reasonable chance this could be an utter destruction of the Jazz and there is nothing like a home playoff blowout. Close games are far more stressful in person.

Like I said.

Vee-Rex
04-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Rockets fans would collectively riot if they lost to the Jazz this series. It's their bitter enemy.

Scoots
04-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Mbah a Moute back for Houston

That's big.

Driven
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM
he's 6'5 and some change, right?

I guess heís listed as 6í5Ē, but I have a hard time believing heís even that tall.

He ainít 6í6Ē though

Vee-Rex
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM

Like Scoots said.

nastynice
04-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Mitchell already picking up from harden a bit, tryina bump a bit to create space. Lost it out of bounds, but heíll get it down

No doubt having harden on the court means regardless of outcome Mitchell will come out this series a better player than going in

Htownballa1622
04-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Harden with 41/8/7.

:cricket: :cricket: from the "harden is a choker" haters.

Also, I get Hubie is always rooting for the team down to make a comeback by holy **** I don't need to hear him anymore. Give me jvg or Doris instead.

Vee-Rex
04-29-2018, 06:09 PM
That one guy with harden on the back of his jersey can ball

Vee-Rex
04-29-2018, 06:09 PM
Harden with 41/8/7.

:cricket: :cricket: from the "harden is a choker" haters.

Also, I get Hubie is always rooting for the team down to make a comeback by holy **** I don't need to hear him anymore. Give me jvg or Doris instead.

I can't stand Hubie

Driven
04-29-2018, 06:14 PM
I like Hubie but he has so many old man moments where he canít talk or say the right thing

nastynice
04-29-2018, 06:30 PM
I like Hubie but he has so many old man moments where he canít talk or say the right thing

lmao, yea but thatís part of what makes him so awesome!

Htownballa1622
04-29-2018, 07:38 PM
I can't stand Hubie

I get what he's doing but it gets old(pun intended)

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Bad matchup for Jazz, period. Rockets don't need to dominate the paint to win.. Jazz's entire defense is predicated on Gobert killing teams for attacking the paint.

mightybosstone
04-29-2018, 09:39 PM
My family didn't have a lot of disposable income growing up, so until I was an adult, I think I only ever went to two Rockets games in-person, period. And it wasn't until the last year where the wife and I made enough where blowing $250 on tickets on a whim didn't hurt the bank too much.

Indeed it was! But I will say that close games in person are kind of a blast. I went to the last Rockets/Celtics game of the season a couple of months ago, and that one had more of a playoff atmosphere in the second half than the second half of this one did.

The first half of this game was glorious, though.

tredigs
04-29-2018, 11:33 PM
The collision coarse begins it's ascent.

Scoots
04-30-2018, 12:01 AM
My family didn't have a lot of disposable income growing up, so until I was an adult, I think I only ever went to two Rockets games in-person, period. And it wasn't until the last year where the wife and I made enough where blowing $250 on tickets on a whim didn't hurt the bank too much.

Indeed it was! But I will say that close games in person are kind of a blast. I went to the last Rockets/Celtics game of the season a couple of months ago, and that one had more of a playoff atmosphere in the second half than the second half of this one did.

I didn't grow up with a lot of money either, I've just found people who had tickets they weren't using often enough to make it to games. For a few years a buddy's roommate was the corporate sales person for the Oakland Coliseum ... I saw a whole bunch of games for free ... games where the Warriors were losing more than winning.

ewing
04-30-2018, 12:11 AM

glad you had a good time. i remember when I meet my wife she sent me and a buddy to see the Nets and Lakers in the finals. We are in the last row but it was glorious.

goingfor28
04-30-2018, 09:28 AM
I didn't grow up with a lot of money either, I've just found people who had tickets they weren't using often enough to make it to games. For a few years a buddy's roommate was the corporate sales person for the Oakland Coliseum ... I saw a whole bunch of games for free ... games where the Warriors were losing more than winning.Maybe he didn't have those type of connections. Dick.

Scoots
04-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Maybe he didn't have those type of connections. Dick.

I was lucky, I wasn't trying to belittle him or anything. I was just sharing stories.

mightybosstone
04-30-2018, 11:16 AM
Maybe he didn't have those type of connections. Dick.

I was lucky, I wasn't trying to belittle him or anything. I was just sharing stories.

Yeah. I didn't take offense to it or anything. And it's not like I couldn't have afforded to go to an NBA playoff game when I was in my mid-20s. It jut seems like a lot of money to spend on a single game, especially when it's impossible to know whether you're going to enjoy it or not. And my wife and I have typically just been pretty conservative with our money.

We're hardly wealthy or anything now, but we're pretty comfortable.

ewing
04-30-2018, 12:26 PM
lmao, yea but thatís part of what makes him so awesome!

Yeah Hubie is awesome. Just a bunch of haters around here

Heediot
04-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Hubie sounds like he reading a scouting report vs. actually focusing on the game most of the time.

Driven
04-30-2018, 02:02 PM
I think he's focusing on the game, I just don't think his brain can keep up with the action. He's on like a 10 second delay.

ewing
04-30-2018, 02:10 PM
I think he's focusing on the game, I just don't think his brain can keep up with the action. He's on like a 10 second delay.

Maybe you canít keep up

Driven
04-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Oh I can keep up

europagnpilgrim
04-30-2018, 02:48 PM
From what I have watched from reg. season to postseason they have the best blend of team off. / def. easily, thing is they are in conference with 3x in a row conf. champs

it will be a fun WCF for sure, take us back to early 00's / late 90's style

MygirlhatesCod
04-30-2018, 03:44 PM
I think I am more in awe of the players put around Harden and CP than the play of both of them. the cast is perfectly constructed. the champs will be from the west no matter who comes out between GS and Houston.

tredigs
04-30-2018, 03:58 PM
it will be a fun WCF for sure, take us back to early 00's / late 90's style
Lol, this will be nothing like what we saw 20 years ago. It will be fun though.

goingfor28
04-30-2018, 05:31 PM
I was lucky, I wasn't trying to belittle him or anything. I was just sharing stories.Gotcha. Totally read it wrong. My bad.

kobe4thewinbang
04-30-2018, 07:36 PM
If Rubio isn't back by Game 3, it's over. Watching Gobert try and defend Harden is just painful.

#assassin
#MVP

Chris Paul has also stepped up. Rockets going to cruise to the WCF. I'm going Rockets in 4. I can definitely see them winning Game 3 in Utah, if Rubio is still out. Despair will set in, and it's over from there.

Even with Mitchell being so good.

Other possibility is that Rockets go cold in Game 3, but recover in Game 4 and close it out in 5 at home.

kobe4thewinbang
04-30-2018, 07:38 PM

Similarly to the Wolves' series, I think Utah will pull one out at home with its stars stepping up thanks to a great home court crowd. But I don't think they win any more games after that.How was it? I bet watching Harden slay defenders is awesome to watch in person. Harden is moving up there in my book on best scorers.

kobe4thewinbang
04-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Jazz shock the World and take it in 6. Donovan Mitchell is for real.This rookie is amazing, no doubt. He is fearless going to the rim and double-clutching, all that stuff.

Htownballa1622
05-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Officials for tonight's game.

Scott Foster
Bennie Adams
Tony Brothers

:sigh:

Firefistus
05-02-2018, 02:51 PM

I mean, he IS 460 years old. I forgive him for calling Joe Ingles "Een'glays".

europagnpilgrim
05-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Lol, this will be nothing like what we saw 20 years ago. It will be fun though.

star power wise I think you forgot the Kings were the first ''international laced team, they had a 2nd unit that could be a low tier starting five back then, they had apex Webber / Bibby and had shooters and a colorful character as the flopper known as Divac, a legit 6th man of the year capable of 20 nightly, not Mckie like

I don't think it will be as horribly called back in those series but I was speaking of more so like this should be worthy of paying to see, not like in the past Conference Finals out west, it was pretty much a lock, this has a feel like I felt Kings were vastly more talented but the Lakers had Shaq / Phil / Kobe and the biggest trump card of all things nba related, stern / refs

that is no doubt top 3 worst officiating series ever, well at least in my lifetime of knowing

tredigs
05-02-2018, 08:31 PM
star power wise I think you forgot the Kings were the first ''international laced team, they had a 2nd unit that could be a low tier starting five back then, they had apex Webber / Bibby and had shooters and a colorful character as the flopper known as Divac, a legit 6th man of the year capable of 20 nightly, not Mckie like

I don't think it will be as horribly called back in those series but I was speaking of more so like this should be worthy of paying to see, not like in the past Conference Finals out west, it was pretty much a lock, this has a feel like I felt Kings were vastly more talented but the Lakers had Shaq / Phil / Kobe and the biggest trump card of all things nba related, stern / refs

that is no doubt top 3 worst officiating series ever, well at least in my lifetime of knowing

Well I can't disagree with much of this. That Kings team was one of my favorites of all time, and would adapt beautifully into this style. But to illustrate the difference in styles, that team shot 100 threes in their 7 series against LA (on 30%... LA shot more, but at 27%). The Warriors average 35-40 3pt attempts a night at around 40%. The Rockets 45-50 a night on ~35-37%. Rox are the first team ever to shoot more 3's than 2's. It's a different game.

Htownballa1622
05-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Harden dragged down by arm in front of foster by bambi.

No call. Go figure. Smh

tredigs
05-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Look at these Jazz running the pace on Houston. They're good. Fun game.

Htownballa1622
05-02-2018, 08:58 PM
If jazz shoot nearly 70% from 2 and 60% from 3 then they're winning the title. :)

tredigs
05-02-2018, 08:59 PM
These Rox very much have a Warriors or Cavs 2015-17 Kyrie/'Bron vibe where they can be down mid double digits and you know it's just a matter of time before the run comes. Utah does have a great D though, so when they can run and hit their shots like this, they're extra tough.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Gobert executed the hedge on the Harden/Capela drive/potential-oop beautifully a minute ago. That's what a smart + elite shot blocker can bring. So tough to stop that.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:08 PM
The fact that Mitchell is a rookie and CP3 is as smart as he is (PLUS the huge lead) is one of the very few scenarios I like a coach taking out a guard with 3 fouls with ~3-6 minutes to go in the half. 95% of the time they won't foul out, but CP3 is sneaky and could easily induce a 4th.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Just Harden flopping. Play on. Damn.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Lmfao at Harden getting that call on Ingles. Crafty, but absolutely ridiculous. I have a Harden prop bet Over at 44 (pts/rebs/assits), so personally I'm enjoying it. Apologies to any Jazz fans watching at home.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Does anyone play defense anymore? honestly there hasnt been a legit defensive team since 2011. If i were a GM i'd try to build a nasty defensive team they would easily win it all in today's NBA.

Rivera
05-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Not the first time this post season I have seen the Jazz not being able to close out a quarter

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Does anyone play defense anymore? honestly there hasnt been a legit defensive team since 2011. If i were a GM i'd try to build a nasty defensive team they would easily win it all in today's NBA.

Defense is better than ever my dude (both these teams are fantastic at it). The problem is that Offense is also better than ever, and the rules/reffing helps illuminate that.

KobeOwnSU
05-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Harden is the worst star their has ever been in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Defense is better than ever my dude (both these teams are fantastic at it). The problem is that Offense is also better than ever, and the rules/reffing helps illuminate that.

Not really, everyone just wants to run it and play fast pace basketball, a defensive minded team would slow the pace and momentum down throwing off the other team's rhythm thats what the Jazz do at times they are prob the best defensive team left in the playoffs (and maybe Celtics)

hugepatsfan
05-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Tucker put his full body weight into trying to take that ball and Mitchell effortlessly stopped him from stealing. The. Tucker acted like he was hard lol

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Not really, everyone just wants to run it and play fast pace basketball, a defensive minded team would slow the pace and momentum down throwing off the other team's rhythm thats what the Jazz do at times they are prob the best defensive team left in the playoffs (and maybe Celtics)

Uh huh. Defensive ratings disagree with you. So do the Warriors.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 09:55 PM
Fun game. I REALLY wish Rubio was in this matchup though. Such a loss for Utah.

Htownballa1622
05-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Brothers is so bad

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Uh huh. Defensive ratings disagree with you. So do the Warriors.

and how do these "ratings" rank your warriors compared to the championship teams of the past 30 years?

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:08 PM
and how do these "ratings" rank your warriors compared to the championship teams of the past 30 years?

Highly? They're a very, very good defense. Should not be shocking as they have an elite defensive scheme, smart players, and elite length + athleticism. If you need in depth breakdowns, I can link you to a few articles (with video!) to start your education on the subject.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Jinglin' Joe is everybody's cutty from another buddy.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Highly? They're a very, very good defense. Should not be shocking as they have an elite defensive scheme, smart players, and elite length + athleticism. If you need in depth breakdowns, I can link you to a few articles (with video!) to start your education on the subject.

no my education is quite fine, youre just another arrogant warriors fan who was none existent 5 years ago :)

mightybosstone
05-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Holy **** that was some awesome, unselfish basketball on that last 3-pointer by Gordon.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Donovan ****ing Mitchell and Jinglin' Joe!

KobeOwnSU
05-02-2018, 10:22 PM
That was disgusting.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:22 PM
no my education is quite fine, youre just another arrogant warriors fan who was none existent 5 years ago :)

Ah -- enjoy your ignorance then. And I've been here longer than you, posting about my ****** Warriors lol (been going to games since the early 90's). But enough from you.

KobeOwnSU
05-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Harden ain't gonna **** with Jae.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Without the Rockets ability to manufacture FT's out of thin air (overall a fairly ref'd game mind you), they'd be down 16-20 in this game. GG Jazz, such a good team. Not ever yet though.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Forget the first 82 games. HCA for Utah now : )

likemystylez
05-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Without the Rockets ability to manufacture FT's out of thin air (overall a fairly ref'd game mind you), they'd be down 16-20 in this game. GG Jazz, such a good team. Not ever yet though.

If Mitchell didnt mail it in for the first 3 and a half quarters and the jazz shot reasonably from the free throw line- houston woulda been blown out

kdspurman
05-02-2018, 10:46 PM

Jazz's HC is no joke either. we'll see what they're made of. Impressive W tonight w/o Rubio

Brybmc868
05-02-2018, 10:49 PM
DONivan Mitchell is a special player

Brybmc868
05-02-2018, 10:51 PM
I love seeing Houston loss I hate James harden heís such a botch

nastynice
05-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Mitchell is a stud. Stats donít matter, I think they showed a graphic of him being 5 of 19 from the field , makes no diff, he closed the game out. Thatís what matters. This dudes a frikkin rookie, damn the jazz are really looking good.

Notice they were up 6 with 40 seconds, Mitchell got by the double team and had two corner shooters open at 3, yet he wisely doesnít make ďthe right basketball playĒ, and instead takes the contested layup at the rim. Makes a 2 possession game a 3 possession game against a team that can shoot 3ís like layup drills, thatís what a leaders supposed to do. Close the game out.

I still see the rox taking it, this gonna be a good series

Scoots
05-02-2018, 10:54 PM
There is no answer for Jinglin' Joe.

Firefistus
05-02-2018, 11:12 PM
I tell you what, not having Rubio is KILLING US on the perimeter defense. You don't realize how good Rubio is on D until he's gone and you're playing the Rockets. Then you realize how much you miss that dude.

KobeOwnSU
05-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Will Rubio be ready for game 3?

Saddletramp
05-02-2018, 11:33 PM
Well, I guess if someone is going to ruin the game for me (dvríed for a midnight showing) they saved me 2 hours since it was a loss.

If the Rockets canít win at least one in Utah, they donít deserve to advance. Even if they do advance, the Warriors wonít have much of a problem.

Hope Iím wrong but I doubt it.

JAZZNC
05-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Well there will be no brooms in this series. HUGE game from Ingles. Kinda crazy that Mitchell I don't think had a double double all season and now has 3 in the playoffs (not a huge deal I know but he's doing more than scoring now). Kinda surprised me that they played that well and didn't fold after that 3rd quarter. Back to Utah we go! It's so nice to have playoff basketball to watch and care about again. It's been a while since there has been hope. The Deron/Boozer/Okur days seem like forever ago. I really feel like we've got something to move forward with win or lose this series and that's a good feeling.

Firefistus
05-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Will Rubio be ready for game 3?

They said no, and unlikely for 4. People are hopeful he returns for 5 though.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Mitchell is a stud. Stats donít matter, I think they showed a graphic of him being 5 of 19 from the field , makes no diff, he closed the game out. Thatís what matters. This dudes a frikkin rookie, damn the jazz are really looking good.

Notice they were up 6 with 40 seconds, Mitchell got by the double team and had two corner shooters open at 3, yet he wisely doesnít make ďthe right basketball playĒ, and instead takes the contested layup at the rim. Makes a 2 possession game a 3 possession game against a team that can shoot 3ís like layup drills, thatís what a leaders supposed to do. Close the game out.

I still see the rox taking it, this gonna be a good series

That logic is just so horrible... someone doesnt have to close something out if they dont shoot 5 for 19 and overall 6-21

I love it really... 6-21 17/11 with 3 turnovers= Dudes legit to most in here... ben just had an awful game and dropped 18/7/7 with 7 turnovers on 6-11 shooting and its he is awful .

tredigs
05-03-2018, 12:07 AM
It wasn't a great game for Mitchell despite leading both teams in +/- when he was on the floor, but he showed a lot of resolve in his playmaking with the 11 assist game and general attack and dish nature (+MAN did they close out and respect his shot!).

Vee-Rex
05-03-2018, 12:19 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/29jljs.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/29jljs)

LOb0
05-03-2018, 12:36 AM
D-Mitch didn't have a good shooting game but, how good is this guy going to be? It's getting a bit scary at this point. A mean a rookie? It just seems like there's no limit.

Cal827
05-03-2018, 12:46 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/29jljs.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/29jljs)

:laugh2: I'm surprised you didn't post it in the Cleveland-Toronto thread, that's awesome!

As for this game, well I'm wrong on another prediction :laugh2: Thought that Houston would have a fairly easy time dispatching the Jazz at home, and be able to battle them down in a sweep. I'm cooking the crow now fellas.

Jeffy25
05-03-2018, 12:55 AM
That logic is just so horrible... someone doesnt have to close something out if they dont shoot 5 for 19 and overall 6-21

I love it really... 6-21 17/11 with 3 turnovers= Dudes legit to most in here... ben just had an awful game and dropped 18/7/7 with 7 turnovers on 6-11 shooting and its he is awful .

Agreed

Consistently poor logic from basketball fans.

If he shot like Ingles all game, there wouldn't be anything to close out.

People love the killer instinct and ability to score when it matters, but completely ignore when players **** the bed earlier in the game or are inefficient, creating the hole in the first place.

I will say though, Mitchel gets a lot of attention by the defense, creating some of those other looks for players, and that's pretty valuable.

Fans love the flash and creating their own shot over the drawn up, open corner 3 from a fundamental guy like Ingles

Ingles - 27/3/2 - 3 TO - 10/13 - 7/9 on 3 0/0 FT - 0/0 Steals/Blocks
Mitchel - 17/11/5 - 3 TO - 6/21 - 2/8 on 3 3/4 FT - 2/0 Steals/Blocks

Both are needed, and I think Mitchel was a bigger factor on defense, but the Jazz can't win that game without Ingles scoring more than 2 points per shot attempt

Jeffy25
05-03-2018, 12:59 AM

It's funny when people talk about education, and then have grammar mistakes.

zookman65
05-03-2018, 12:59 AM

And how would you do that? The biggest change to the game is that people figured out analytics (math). It is better to shoot 40 percent from 3 than 55% from 2. Defense isn't any worse. People are just shooting much more high value shots.

nastynice
05-03-2018, 01:50 AM
Agreed

People love the killer instinct and ability to score when it matters, but completely ignore when players **** the bed earlier in the game or are inefficient, creating the hole in the first place.

I will say though, Mitchel gets a lot of attention by the defense, creating some of those other looks for players, and that's pretty valuable.

Fans love the flash and creating their own shot over the drawn up, open corner 3 from a fundamental guy like Ingles

Both are needed, and I think Mitchel was a bigger factor on defense, but the Jazz can't win that game without Ingles scoring more than 2 points per shot attempt

2 pts in the first quarter isnít equivalent to 2 pts in the 4th. If d Mitch has a good shooting night, so many other things change, you canít just retroactively add the points to the game, lol

Regardless of what happened, he closed the game nicely, thatís much more valuable than opening the game nicely

Jeffy25
05-03-2018, 02:21 AM
2 pts in the first quarter isnít equivalent to 2 pts in the 4th. If d Mitch has a good shooting night, so many other things change, you canít just retroactively add the points to the game, lol

Regardless of what happened, he closed the game nicely, thatís much more valuable than opening the game nicely

Couldn't disagree anymore strongly lol

nastynice
05-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Couldn't disagree anymore strongly lol

Sure, eye of the beholder type a deal I guess

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 03:25 AM
Sure, eye of the beholder type a deal I guess
😂

tredigs
05-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Agreed

Lol at if he shot like Ingles all game there would be nothing to close out. Is someone debating that Ingles was not their best player last night (Mitchell spent the first half locked up + in foul trouble)? It was one of the best games of his life. If Ingles shot like that every game we could do away with the playoffs and have a random drawing for 2nd place every year. Jinglin' Joe!

Rivera
05-03-2018, 09:42 AM
my #1 concern for the Rockets and the ONLY reason I have not told myself they will beat the Warriors this year

when things get tight, they go ISO. They run a lot of ISO. I know the ball movement has been better this year but they really dont have an offense that has set plays

when the Rockets D is firing, they are fast, they move the ball, they are truly unstoppable and look like the best team in the league.

when the Rockets D isnt firing, they resort to ISO ball on offense. Paul and Harden are good enough to where they will get away with it and still create open shots but they dont have to many set plays I feel

Scoots
05-03-2018, 09:51 AM
my #1 concern for the Rockets and the ONLY reason I have not told myself they will beat the Warriors this year

when things get tight, they go ISO. They run a lot of ISO. I know the ball movement has been better this year but they really dont have an offense that has set plays

when the Rockets D is firing, they are fast, they move the ball, they are truly unstoppable and look like the best team in the league.

when the Rockets D isnt firing, they resort to ISO ball on offense. Paul and Harden are good enough to where they will get away with it and still create open shots but they dont have to many set plays I feel

This is a description of the Warriors. Few set plays, D gets the offense going ... but they learned over the years not to go too iso heavy.

Rivera
05-03-2018, 10:16 AM
This is a description of the Warriors. Few set plays, D gets the offense going ... but they learned over the years not to go too iso heavy.

you can tell me im wrong on this, cause you have watched way more warriors games than I have

dont the warriors run more? meaning, off ball movement, screens to free up shooters? I feel when i watch the warriors, they do go iso but when its not working, they are smart enough to run something to get the offense back on track and I see people from the Warriors away from the ball move

when i watch the rockets, its screen at the top, shooters around and ISO for Harden or Paul, not much movement or backscreens or anything

feel free to correct me because I know you have watched more GSW than I have

Scoots
05-03-2018, 11:01 AM
you can tell me im wrong on this, cause you have watched way more warriors games than I have

dont the warriors run more? meaning, off ball movement, screens to free up shooters? I feel when i watch the warriors, they do go iso but when its not working, they are smart enough to run something to get the offense back on track and I see people from the Warriors away from the ball move

when i watch the rockets, its screen at the top, shooters around and ISO for Harden or Paul, not much movement or backscreens or anything

feel free to correct me because I know you have watched more GSW than I have

Kerr pretty much only calls plays out of timeouts, the rest of the time there is a general system of movement that has logical progressions that the players run themselves. So they may run floppy or an elevator and set screens and picks and cut off of action and there are foundations from the triple post offense and Princeton and D'Antoni's offense they are not set plays but just what the players want to do. It only works because Klay is always moving and he and Curry set screens and picks for each other and the other players are smart enough to be adaptable. The end result is that it's really hard to defend because they tend to do whatever works. That said, in practice the coaches will talk about what is and isn't working in the flow and make adjustments to it. I really think the biggest reason the Warriors work is that they have enough really smart players on the floor at any one time that the coach doesn't have to call plays. And, of course, they have KD, Curry, and Klay who can bail them out in a fraction of a second with a shot from anywhere.

When I watch the Rockets the players have certain places and motions but it's all levered off of the incredible individual talents of Harden and CP3, and they may be a bit more likely to get impatient than the Warriors.

tredigs
05-03-2018, 11:32 AM

You have them pegged dead wrong. This is a team that scores based on taking open 3's (even of it's with 20 seconds on the clock and the first look they get), pick and pops/rolls, and ISOLATION (which often ends in a oop, a layup, a step-back 3 from Harden, or a trip to the line). They are incredible in ISO, and have used it all year. They don't pass (there is an inherent advantage in this in that it results in less turnovers). They ranked dead last in passes per game. They exploit defenses via ISO dominance more than anything else, and that plays very well in the playoffs.

Rivera
05-03-2018, 11:53 AM
You have them pegged dead wrong. This is a team that scores based on taking open 3's (even of it's with 20 seconds on the clock and the first look they get), pick and pops/rolls, and ISOLATION (which often ends in a oop, a layup, a step-back 3 from Harden, or a trip to the line). They are incredible in ISO, and have used it all year. They don't pass (there is an inherent advantage in this in that it results in less turnovers). They ranked dead last in passes per game. They exploit defenses via ISO dominance more than anything else, and that plays very well in the playoffs.

they are incredible in ISO, but i think that speaks to my overall point, of its going to be easier to defend. When they play GSW their increbile ISO is only going to work so much, GSW will be able to lock that down with the length they have, which is why they need to move more to create openings in the playoffs

Scoots
05-03-2018, 12:02 PM
The Warriors D is predicated on stopping the main thing an offense wants to do even if it means not defending their 2nd preference at all. Against the Rockets that's an issue because nobody can defend Harden and efforts to do it leave shooters open and he hits them at a very high rate. My guess is the Warriors will try to defend them straight up and try to find the best time to dig on him and get back quick. The Warriors strength is that their guys are long and hustle to cover for each other at an elite level.

Of course we are talking about a series that isn't happening yet here :)

mrblisterdundee
05-03-2018, 04:27 PM
The Warriors D is predicated on stopping the main thing an offense wants to do even if it means not defending their 2nd preference at all. Against the Rockets that's an issue because nobody can defend Harden and efforts to do it leave shooters open and he hits them at a very high rate. My guess is the Warriors will try to defend them straight up and try to find the best time to dig on him and get back quick. The Warriors strength is that their guys are long and hustle to cover for each other at an elite level.
Of course we are talking about a series that isn't happening yet here :)

In 22 possessions defending Harden in Game 2, Exum held him to zero of seven from the field, one assist, one turnover and one trip to the free throw line. The Rockets scored 1.3 points per possession with Exum off the court and .8 when he matched up with Harden. It's a small sample size, but Exum clearly has the speed and length to slow down Harden, both in scoring and facilitating.

Exum matched up with Harden for 22 possessions in Game 2 and limited him to two points on 0-for-7 shooting from the field. Harden didnít do much else in the minutes Exum defended him, either, totaling one assist to go along with one turnover and one trip to the free throw line.
I'd bet on Iguodala having a similar effect.

ewing
05-03-2018, 04:38 PM

People are in love with the idea of ball movement and complex offense and defense. Houston is about as simple as it gets. why make it complicated if you are good?

Chronz
05-03-2018, 04:58 PM
People are in love with the idea of ball movement and complex offense and defense. Houston is about as simple as it gets. why make it complicated if you are good?

There's an ever growing abundance of evidence that suggests iso basketball suffers come post season but that couldall be circumstantial bs

ewing
05-03-2018, 06:59 PM
There's an ever growing abundance of evidence that suggests iso basketball suffers come post season but that couldall be circumstantial bs

Science!

Scoots
05-03-2018, 07:11 PM
In 22 possessions defending Harden in Game 2, Exum held him to zero of seven from the field, one assist, one turnover and one trip to the free throw line. The Rockets scored 1.3 points per possession with Exum off the court and .8 when he matched up with Harden. It's a small sample size, but Exum clearly has the speed and length to slow down Harden, both in scoring and facilitating.

Exum matched up with Harden for 22 possessions in Game 2 and limited him to two points on 0-for-7 shooting from the field. Harden didnít do much else in the minutes Exum defended him, either, totaling one assist to go along with one turnover and one trip to the free throw line.
I'd bet on Iguodala having a similar effect.

Yeah, my thoughts were, can he do it every game? I hope so. I like Exum and hope he can string some healthy seasons together. He'd make a good Warrior :)

mrblisterdundee
05-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Yeah, my thoughts were, can he do it every game? I hope so. I like Exum and hope he can string some healthy seasons together. He'd make a good Warrior :)
Maybe he's stringing just enough good games to get paid before his next injury. But if he can stay healthy, I think he and Mitchell would make an awesome back court. Imagine if you could deploy those two against the Splash Bros.

Scoots
05-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Maybe he's stringing just enough good games to get paid before his next injury. But if he can stay healthy, I think he and Mitchell would make an awesome back court. Imagine if you could deploy those two against the Splash Bros.

And Mitchell hasn't learned NBA defense yet. He could be a great 2 way guard.

Unrelated but this is too funny: https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-fan-calls-james-harden-worst-flopper-nba-gets-phone-smacked-154315439.html

I like what Draymond said in defense of Westbrook, but he went further and said as long as fans keep about the game he figures that's fine and part of the game. That Jazz fan is a hero.

Texan_Rocket
05-03-2018, 11:10 PM
So many people already talking about Houston and GSW, Utah wonít roll over and Houston have played a combined what, 5 good quarters in the playoffs. Just so happen to be 5 great quarters that weíre able to win them games.

Houston had look bad on offense, not because the defenses alhave adjusted to them and stopped them. They just arenít hitting shots. Gordon and Anderson have been bad, as well as nene

JordansBulls
05-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Imagine getting a Utah vs Boston finals? :)

FlashBolt
05-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Imagine getting a Utah vs Boston finals? :)

Well, if they legit made it there than they deserved it. I'd watch that 100%. It might not be star studded but you can bet it'll be competitive and evenly matched

mightybosstone
05-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Looking forward to getting the taste of Game 2 out of my mouth tonight. The Rockets will win in Utah.

TrueFan420
05-04-2018, 11:01 AM
I'm interested to see how Houston responds. They just got a gut punch and are about to walk into a difficult stadium to play in against a good defensive side. Win or lose game 3 doesn't matter as they just need 1 on the road to get HC back. What does matter is if they come out play with fire or not.

mightybosstone
05-04-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm interested to see how Houston responds. They just got a gut punch and are about to walk into a difficult stadium to play in against a good defensive side. Win or lose game 3 doesn't matter as they just need 1 on the road to get HC back. What does matter is if they come out play with fire or not.

Agreed. But what I've liked about this team this season is that they've responded when they've been challenged. After they lost in Game 3 against Minnesota, they came back and won in a big way in Game 4. And after a sluggish start in Game 2 against Utah, I thought they came out and played with fire in the third quarter. They still lost, but I chalk it up to the slow start and missing wide open looks as well as Utah's unusual success from the 3-point line all night long.

Gun to my head, I think they win tonight and come out strong in the first half. I think they need to in order to get their confidence back.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2018, 11:57 AM
So much went right for Utah and so much went wrong for Houston and it was a 6 point win.

I really don't see Utah doing that 3 more times.

I don't care where they play.

Scoots
05-04-2018, 12:02 PM
What I found interesting in game 2 was that slow defensive Utah was faster than run and gun Houston. It would have been interesting to see a Pels/Rockets series. Thanks to the Warriors losing that last regular season game they swapped opponents, and I don't think the Warriors are at all unhappy about it.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2018, 12:05 PM
y'all better put some RESPECK on the Jazz in Salt Lake City. It's gonna be tough.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2018, 03:22 PM
y'all better put some RESPECK on the Jazz in Salt Lake City. It's gonna be tough.

Meh, forget all of Utah. :smoking:

Scoots
05-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Utah crowds are ROUGH. If the Rockets are going to fold it's likely to happen in one of these next 2 games. That never-out-of-the-2nd-round curse.

mightybosstone
05-04-2018, 04:30 PM
What I found interesting in game 2 was that slow defensive Utah was faster than run and gun Houston. It would have been interesting to see a Pels/Rockets series. Thanks to the Warriors losing that last regular season game they swapped opponents, and I don't think the Warriors are at all unhappy about it.

I think people have the wrong idea about Houston. They're not really a "run and gun" team. In fact, they were one of the slower teams offensively pace-wise the second half of the season. Because they run so much isolation and so much of what they do is based on Harden and Paul picking apart opposing defenses to make the right pass, they don't really have to force the basketball up in transition that often. In fact, you'll see Harden and Paul prefer to slow it down in transition a lot rather than speeding things up and forcing a quick shot.

AllBall
05-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Jazz is leading the jersey game right now. These colorways though.

goingfor28
05-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Ugliest uniforms in sports. Court looks awful too.

Driven
05-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Ugliest uniforms in sports. Court looks awful too.

Youre crazy!

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Utah crowds are ROUGH. If the Rockets are going to fold it's likely to happen in one of these next 2 games. That never-out-of-the-2nd-round curse.

Down 17 on the final possession of the first quarter the whole crowd got up and got loud. Thatís a good crowd

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Youre crazy!

I agree with him. It so unnatural

goingfor28
05-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Youre crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey are hideous. The only acceptable alternate Jazz uni is the white or purple from the Stockton/Malone era.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 11:20 PM
The Jazz are a super slow paced team with an incredible D and are at home (one of the toughest teams to play in the road in the NBA). Against their best, most invigorated D and knowing all that, the Rockets are on pace to put up 150 points on them and win by 75. The game is effectively over with 7 to go in the 2nd quarter.

I'll be curious to see when certain posters begin to understand just how great this team is.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Don't tell the Utah Jazz fans they're down 15 right now. They have the energy of a stadium that just retook the lead in the 4th quarter. INCREDIBLE environment dear God.

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:25 PM
The Jazz are a super slow paced team with an incredible D and are at home (one of the toughest teams to play in the road in the NBA). Against their best, most invigorated D and knowing all that, the Rockets are on pace to put up 150 points on them and win by 75. The game is effectively over with 7 to go in the 2nd quarter.

I'll be curious to see when certain posters begin to understand just how great this team is.

I think they are great sometimes. They can blow you out with you playing good but they can also struggle and turn it over.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 11:26 PM
I think they are great sometimes. They can blow you out with you playing good but they can also struggle and turn it over.

That better describes the Warriors to be honest. The Rockets take care of the ball pretty damn well. That's a benefit of not passing much. They're one of the better teams I've seen in the last 20 years. I'd have them in my top 10 range.

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:35 PM
That better describes the Warriors to be honest. The Rockets take care of the ball pretty damn well. That's a benefit of not passing much. They're one of the better teams I've seen in the last 20 years. I'd have them in my top 10 range.

you are right and its a really good point but I feel like all the ISO play it's really something different on Houston. Paul and Harden regularly pound the more then 10 times. you are not going to turn it over but it can lead to an explosion and a funk.

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Honestly I have never seen anyone over dribble the way Harden does and lead an explosive high scoring offense.

Driven
05-04-2018, 11:49 PM
The Jazz uniís are dope. So is their court. So is their crowd wearing shirt colors to form a gradient

JordansBulls
05-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Mitchell is a rookie can't blame him against a team like this.

Driven
05-04-2018, 11:54 PM
I expected the Rockets to play well today, but Iím pretty shocked that they are just murdering the Jazz so far. Up 35 in the early 3rd

ewing
05-04-2018, 11:57 PM
I like that Jazz responded by talking some **** and getting in Harden face there. even if you going to lose make remember you

Driven
05-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Harden has had a very good 10 quarters so far this series

ewing
05-05-2018, 12:00 AM
You have to score some points if you are going to make a come back

tredigs
05-05-2018, 12:01 AM
You have to score some points if you are going to make a come back

To be fair the Rockets could just run out the clock on every possession and would be able to win the game right now if they wanted to.

ewing
05-05-2018, 12:13 AM
To be fair the Rockets could just run out the clock on every possession and would be able to win the game right now if they wanted to.

wasn't much the Jazz could do tonight but that doesn't mean that what is going to be like next game. That's Houston

Htownballa1622
05-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Media was ready to freak out after a 6 point loss for the rockets.

Everyone can EAD.

Didn't catch halftime crew at ESPN. Wonder why?

Driven
05-05-2018, 01:18 AM

Everyone can EAD.

Ok

mightybosstone
05-05-2018, 01:22 AM

Everyone can EAD.

:nod:

Hell of a win tonight. It's crazy how much better the Rockets are when Gordon is hitting shots. And Harden continues to be awesome in this series. If Lebron wasn't doing superhuman things in the playoffs right now, I think Harden would be the MVP of the playoffs up to this point. He's been stellar. Capela's defense in that first half was insane as well.

But the Rockets need to come out in Game 4 with the same fire they showed at the start of the game tonight. If they play lackadaisical like they did in Game 2 after the Game 1 blowout win, they're going to let Utah right back in this series headed back to Houston.

nastynice
05-05-2018, 01:32 AM

Everyone can EAD.

lol, I wish I watched the game with you

Lakers + Giants
05-05-2018, 02:27 AM

Everyone can EAD.

"Everyone"??? lmfao. the series with 3 games played and the least pages worth of posts. Even the haters didn't really show up cuz nobody cares about this series. It's the calm before the storm, next series is the good one, the real NBA Final IMO.

Saddletramp
05-05-2018, 03:48 AM
More of this, please. Donít take your foot off the gas Ďtil late June. Forget the parties and musical artists and pssy for a few months and just annihilate like your great grandchildren still need money and a name and get it done.

I am currently highly suspicious. And a little buzzed.

Htownballa1622
05-05-2018, 07:27 AM
lol, I wish I watched the game with you
I sat down quietly the entire game with a grin on my face. I jumped up twice when clint had b2b blocks on favors and gobert.

"Everyone"??? lmfao. the series with 3 games played and the least pages worth of posts. Even the haters didn't really show up cuz nobody cares about this series. It's the calm before the storm, next series is the good one, the real NBA Final IMO.

Everyone in national media. I should've clarified. Pretty much ESPN, and fs1 talking heads. Didn't u notice how the ESPN crew suddenly disappear for halftime and were nowhere to be found? Pierce=idiot . Beadle=spurs homer.

Also, I find it funny how quiet it is in here after a rockets win, but how active it gets when rockets lose by 6.

c.c.
05-05-2018, 09:06 AM

Yep nobody cares about this series! Especially me since I donít post my every thought about this series on this website. (Despite the fact I watch every second of each game though)

mightybosstone
05-05-2018, 10:11 AM

They care about the series when the Rockets are losing, not so much when they're winning. From before the series started to minutes before Game 2, there were 61 posts in this thread over four days. From that point to right before the start of Game 3, there were 78 posts over three days (47 of which came from the tipoff of the game to two hours after the end of the game). Since the second Game 3 started until this morning, there have only been 29 posts.

And I'm not knocking posters for caring more when the series is more interesting. I get it. I probably do the exact same with other playoff series. I'm just saying that posters were certainly flocking to this thread to praise Utah and criticize the Rockets during and after Game 2, and those same posters were noticeably absent during and after the Game 1 and Game 3 blowouts. So there is definitely some merit in what H-town is saying.

ewing
05-05-2018, 10:20 AM
They care about the series when the Rockets are losing, not so much when they're winning. From before the series started to minutes before Game 2, there were 61 posts in this thread over four days. From that point to right before the start of Game 3, there were 78 posts over three days (47 of which came from the tipoff of the game to two hours after the end of the game). Since the second Game 3 started until this morning, there have only been 29 posts.

And I'm not knocking posters for caring more then the series is more interesting. I get it. I probably do the exact same with other playoff series. I'm just saying that posters were certainly flocking to this thread to praise Utah and criticize the Rockets during and after Game 2, and those same posters were noticeably absent during and after the Game 1 and Game 3 blowouts. So there is definitely some merit in what H-town is saying.

Also a 10:30 game in the East coast.

mightybosstone
05-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Also a 10:30 game in the East coast.

That's true. But most PSD posters are up that late on a Friday night. And there has been plenty of time since the game ended for people to post their thoughts and opinions. I just think it's not as much fun to comment when the team that's expected to win dominates a game, and the posters who are looking for upsets or to pick on a particular team or player tend to shy away from conversation.

ewing
05-05-2018, 10:29 AM
That's true. But most PSD posters are up that late on a Friday night. And there has been plenty of time since the game ended for people to post their thoughts and opinions. I just think it's not as much fun to comment when the team that's expected to win dominates a game, and the posters who are looking for upsets or to pick on a particular team or player tend to shy away from conversation.

agreed but I think it would have gotten more post if it was the early game. people go out and go to bed.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2018, 10:33 AM

okay nvm :laugh2:

Jazz better put some RESPECK on the Rox this next game or it's over.

Texan_Rocket
05-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Iím pretty sure if the Rockets had got blown out or even had another close loss, this thread would be filled with post. It always happens. Not really Rockets haters that flock here when they lose itís Harden haters, and LBJ fanboys that want him to be MVP.

The time doesnít matter as much as people think. If this was Cleveland VS Houston or GSW vs Houston it wouldíve been filled. Just not enough interest in Houston doing good, posters rather speak about then when they lose.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2018, 10:35 AM
yeah unfortunately midnight is my strict bedtime to maintain my morning schedule, unless it's a late Cavs game. I'll stay up for that.

Htownballa1622
05-05-2018, 10:45 AM
But make no mistake, I'm referring to national media more than ppl here at psd . I get it. Posters will post when something interesting like the underdog wins.

I'm not really complaining about psd posters, moreso national media who had their lotion and tissues out ready to write about cp3 and harden being down in 2nd round.

Rivera
05-05-2018, 10:46 AM
im with Rox fans, it just fits the narritive when they lose, Rockets going to choke again! Harden shrinks in the playoffs!

Mid season I was convinced this team is forreal that they really could beat the Warriors. Today Im still not sure who will win that series but that series is going to be fun.

nastynice
05-05-2018, 12:51 PM
I sat down quietly the entire game with a grin on my face. I jumped up twice when clint had b2b blocks on favors and gobert.

Aw boring, I thought you were straight hyphy and it spilled over to the forum!

I be wylin for neutral games too. Me n my brothers watched lebron in Denver, as warriors fans we were the loudest mofos in that place! lmao

Last night sharks were down 4-0 w 10 min left, we got back to 4-3. Iím sure my neighbor was annoyed as hell

Htownballa1622
05-05-2018, 06:33 PM
Aw boring, I thought you were straight hyphy and it spilled over to the forum!

I be wylin for neutral games too. Me n my brothers watched lebron in Denver, as warriors fans we were the loudest mofos in that place! lmao

Last night sharks were down 4-0 w 10 min left, we got back to 4-3. Iím sure my neighbor was annoyed as hell

Haha not so much anymore. My pregnant wife was in room asleep by tip off so I didn't want to wake her. Cooking up a baby is draining for her. Lol

I've wanted to catch a game at Oracle before dubs move(against anyone tbh but rox would be sweet) because I know how rowdy the crowd gets.
Jazz crowd sounded amazing but I can pass on going to Utah lol. I'm sure it's beautiful though.

TrueFan420
05-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Agreed. But what I've liked about this team this season is that they've responded when they've been challenged. After they lost in Game 3 against Minnesota, they came back and won in a big way in Game 4. And after a sluggish start in Game 2 against Utah, I thought they came out and played with fire in the third quarter. They still lost, but I chalk it up to the slow start and missing wide open looks as well as Utah's unusual success from the 3-point line all night long.

Gun to my head, I think they win tonight and come out strong in the first half. I think they need to in order to get their confidence back.

You know your team well.

c.c.
05-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Harden starting to get booís from the Utah fans lol

Driven
05-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Capela is really becoming a defensive presence throughout the playoffs

Gordon continues to play poorly. He shot well last game, but outside of that, he has not been productive in any area offensively

c.c.
05-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Capela a top 5 center in this league! If you disagree then name 5 better than him.

He just destroyed Towns and heís owning Gobert

Driven
05-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Capela a top 5 center in this league! If you disagree then name 5 better than him.

He just destroyed Towns and heís owning Gobert

Anthony Towns, Embiid, Jokic, Gobert, Davis

Driven
05-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Dirty play by Tucker. Or at least just a stupid inconsiderate play. Iím glad they called a flagrant there

c.c.
05-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Anthony Towns, Embiid, Jokic, Gobert, Davis

Davis and Embiid is better than him but Davis is a PF. Jokic might be better than him due to his all around game but thatís a toss up (in my opinion). Heís better than Gobert! I would of said Towns before Capela destroyed him when they went head to head.

rhino17
05-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Officials are losing control of this game. Thats about 5 egregious foul calls in a row

rhino17
05-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Dirty play by Tucker. Or at least just a stupid inconsiderate play. Iím glad they called a flagrant there

Are you kidding me? He went for the pump fake and was putting his hand back in front to defend against another shot attempt

And another terrible foul call

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Not sure how that was continuation for Mitchell

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Are you kidding me? He went for the pump fake and was putting his hand back in front to defend against another shot attempt

And another terrible foul call

Lol, he swiped at the area around his eyes. Even if itís not intentional itís careless and unsafe

rhino17
05-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Lol, he swiped at the area around his eyes. Even if itís not intentional itís careless and unsafe

Thats also generally where a basketball is shot from. Harden gets hit on the face/beard on almost every drive to the basket, those are not flagrant fouls because that is expected. It wasn't an irrational play

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Thats also generally where a basketball is shot from. Harden gets hit on the face/beard on almost every drive to the basket, those are not flagrant fouls because that is expected.

He also didnít shoot the ball, the ball wasnít anywhere near Tuckerís hands

TrueFan420
05-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Davis and Embiid is better than him but Davis is a PF. Jokic might be better than him due to his all around game but thatís a toss up (in my opinion). Heís better than Gobert! I would of said Towns before Capela destroyed him when they went head to head.

He isn't better than Towns. Their asked to do two very different things. Towns is by far the better player and if you had to pick between the two to start an expansion team next season you wouldn't think twice about it.

c.c.
05-06-2018, 09:26 PM
He isn't better than Towns. Their asked to do two very different things. Towns is by far the better player and if you had to pick between the two to start an expansion team next season you wouldn't think twice about it.

You make a lot of sense but I gotta let that playoff match up grow a little older before I start back bigging up Towns.

I see thatís the only thing you disagreed with 😏

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:27 PM
I donít think that fouls at half court should count as continuation for a shot in general, but that one by Paul was very very close to changing my mind

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Another odd continuation call, or lack thereof this time

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Jazz players are dropping left and right. Exum hurts now. Hopefully just cramps. But looks worse. Surprised he took that three pointer

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Paul is having a great game. The Rockets role players have been pretty quiet tonight, besides Capela

mightybosstone
05-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Paul having his best game of the series. He was awesome in that quarter.

Driven
05-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Capelaís ability to defend around the three point line could really be an X factor against the warriors

Chronz
05-06-2018, 09:57 PM
EG is pudgy

Driven
05-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Everyoneís talking smack!

rhino17
05-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Thats called being a lazy ref. Capela and Mitchell literally did nothing.

Driven
05-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Utah making a run

mightybosstone
05-06-2018, 10:05 PM
The referees in this game have been ****ing abysmal. Not a well-called basketball game.

Chronz
05-06-2018, 10:08 PM
We got ourselves a game

Chronz
05-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Cp3 is filthy when he gets the primary defender taken off him, it's a luxury he's never had compared to most pgs. Make no mistake, hes declined, he's just feasting on the easiest looks he's ever had

c.c.
05-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Capela > Gobert

Chronz
05-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Capella is underrated af.

Driven
05-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Hardens been turning the ball over a lot today. He hasnít had a great game.

Capela is playing with so much confidence right now

Chronz
05-06-2018, 10:25 PM
Rockets sending a message rightnow

Driven
05-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Capella is underrated af.

Heís tearing it up this postseason. He gives Houston a chance versus Golden State, but always seems to be overlooked when it comes to that likely series

rhino17
05-06-2018, 10:30 PM
I think the most underrated thing about Clint is his ability to switch. I haven't seen a center in a long time that can switch on to a guard on the perimeter so flawlessly, its never a mismatch with him even at the 3 point line

Firefistus
05-07-2018, 01:45 AM
I think the most underrated thing about Clint is his ability to switch. I haven't seen a center in a long time that can switch on to a guard on the perimeter so flawlessly, its never a mismatch with him even at the 3 point line

He was getting beat regularly by our quick guys (O'neal, Exum, Mitchell). But you're correct about Ingles. Ingles isn't fast enough to beat Capella off the drive. I'm not sure why Utah kept making that switch with Ingles.

I'll have to admit I was wrong about this game, I thought Utah was going to take this game and take the next home game, but Capella was the reason the Rockets won. If Utah can get Rubio healthy next game than we might have an answer for Capella, to pull him out for the mid-range. But if Rubio isn't healthy for next game I don't think Utah has a chance to win another game.

Driven
05-07-2018, 10:45 AM
I agree that Capela shouldn't be out there defending guards. But he possibly brings a matchup problem to the Warriors series. Capela has now played two series (I know that the Jazz one is not over yet) against two teams who appeared to have a clear advantage at the Center position, and Capela has significantly outplayed Anthony-Towns and Gobert overall.

Offensively, I think he would bring a big matchup problem to any team at this point. Not so much his doing, but because of the system he is in. He plays his role perfectly, and I don't think it matters who guards Capela because there aren't ever any plays run through him. To stop Capela, you have to stop Harden and Paul. Or you have to get up and down the court and out hustle Capela. If you're Golden State, you have the option of either putting Draymond or a guy like McGee or West on him. Either way, I think that's a disadvantage for the Warriors. One because you are wasting Draymond's defense on a guy who will probably get his points and shots regardless, and the other because McGee and West are just a major step down offensively for the Warriors.

Defensively, if he can guard Draymond, then Capela will continue to be a game changer in the playoffs. Capela is able to guard the perimeter against some smaller players because he is quick, and doesn't leave his feet. He can stop and go quite fast, enough to catch up to and alter the shot of a defender that pump fakes and drives by him.

Capela has some spunk, and is playing very confidently right now. He plays with intensity and some emotion, and gets up and down the court as well as any Center. He's also a guy that doesn't have to worry about his shots falling, he just dunks the ball all of the time. Of all the matchups in this potential series, Capela vs. Green is the most interesting to me. A lot of people think that the Warriors matchup well on defense against the Rockets, but I think Capela could prove otherwise.

FlashBolt
05-07-2018, 01:51 PM
i laughed when Utah won one game because it was Houston losing it moreso than vice-versa. Just not a good matchup for Utah. Gobert has been "outplayed' by Capela because his role on the team is very limited right now.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Agreed. He can switch as well as any big man. That's a very important attribute against a team like Golden State. If he couldn't switch, then he couldn't play against a team like that.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-07-2018, 02:48 PM
GSW vs HOU is gonna be a really fun series. I'd pick GSW to win it, but it could still be really entertaining because of the style of play. I'll be rooting for HOU of course and with HCA you never know.

My predictions is GSW wins though in 6 or 7 and then HOU signs Lebron as a reaction. Then the real battles begin.

TrueFan420
05-07-2018, 03:33 PM
GSW vs HOU is gonna be a really fun series. I'd pick GSW to win it, but it could still be really entertaining because of the style of play. I'll be rooting for HOU of course and with HCA you never know.

My predictions is GSW wins though in 6 or 7 and then HOU signs Lebron as a reaction. Then the real battles begin.

Houston won't have the space to sign Bron and they don't have the pieces to make the Cavs want to help sign and trade him. And no the Cavs won't help Bron leave unless they get an offer that makes sense for them.

I'd like to see Bron on the Rockets tho. It would be a legendary series for the ages.

c.c.
05-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Houston won't have the space to sign Bron and they don't have the pieces to make the Cavs want to help sign and trade him. And no the Cavs won't help Bron leave unless they get an offer that makes sense for them.

I'd like to see Bron on the Rockets tho. It would be a legendary series for the ages.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston_rockets/

Find a home for Anderson, resign Ariza for less, let Black walk, and then the most hurtful part of it (move Tucker)

Then extend Capela after we sign LeBron. LeBron is a great player, well one of the greatest, but Iím not sure I want him in Houston.

COOLbeans
05-07-2018, 06:52 PM

And then the Warriors will sign Lance Stephenson. Dubs in 7

kobe4thewinbang
05-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Shame about Rubio. He was almost able to play. Hereís to hoping the Jazz survive game 5. Just when they start struggling, a guy like Rubio would be able to likely turn the tide. But a closeout game in Houston will be tough. Jazz have been very unlucky in the playoffs with injuries.

Firefistus
05-07-2018, 10:19 PM
https://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston_rockets/

Find a home for Anderson, resign Ariza for less, let Black walk, and then the most hurtful part of it (move Tucker)

Then extend Capela after we sign LeBron. LeBron is a great player, well one of the greatest, but Iím not sure I want him in Houston.

So are you not re-signing Paul then?

c.c.
05-07-2018, 10:41 PM
So are you not re-signing Paul then?

Nah we gonna let him walk j/k. I forgot he was a an free agent too.

mightybosstone
05-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Shame about Rubio. He was almost able to play. Hereís to hoping the Jazz survive game 5. Just when they start struggling, a guy like Rubio would be able to likely turn the tide. But a closeout game in Houston will be tough. Jazz have been very unlucky in the playoffs with injuries.

I've always liked Rubio. But I don't think he's enough to turn the tide in this series.

kobe4thewinbang
05-07-2018, 11:22 PM
I've always liked Rubio. But I don't think he's enough to turn the tide in this series.It just sucks, man. Basically became the Donovan Mitchell show and the high he was on fell a bit. Rubio out there at least adds another dimension to the matchup.

Texan_Rocket
05-08-2018, 12:48 AM
It just sucks, man. Basically became the Donovan Mitchell show and the high he was on fell a bit. Rubio out there at least adds another dimension to the matchup.

I think with Rubio it wouldíve been a 6/7 game series, still have Houston winning though.

I had a conversation with a co worker and they said that if Rubio hadnít got hurt, Exum wouldnít have gotten the minutes heís had this series and heís been a huge spark for them and done great in Harden so maybe it wouldnít have mattered

ewing
05-08-2018, 02:38 AM
I think with Rubio it wouldíve been a 6/7 game series, still have Houston winning though.

I had a conversation with a co worker and they said that if Rubio hadnít got hurt, Exum wouldnít have gotten the minutes heís had this series and heís been a huge spark for them and done great in Harden so maybe it wouldnít have mattered

Heíd be the Fred Vanvleet of this series

Scoots
05-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Heíd be the Fred Vanvleet of this series

Zing

mightybosstone
05-08-2018, 10:17 AM
It just sucks, man. Basically became the Donovan Mitchell show and the high he was on fell a bit. Rubio out there at least adds another dimension to the matchup.
Yeah, you never want to see a team have an injury to a key player going into a playoff matchup. Even as a Rockets fan, I would have liked to see Rubio play in this series, even if I don't think the outcome would be all that different.

I don't think Rubio makes THAT much of a difference in these games. The Rockets three wins were by double digits, and Games 1 and 3 were blowouts from the first half. Game 4 was close-ish down the stretch, but the Rockets still led wire to wire. And Houston was 4-0 against Utah in the regular season.

Would some of these games have been closer? Almost certainly. But I don't know that Rubio makes so much of a difference that Utah would necessarily win more games in the series.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Yeah, you never want to see a team have an injury to a key player going into a playoff matchup. Even as a Rockets fan, I would have liked to see Rubio play in this series, even if I don't think the outcome would be all that different.

I don't think Rubio makes THAT much of a difference in these games. The Rockets three wins were by double digits, and Games 1 and 3 were blowouts from the first half. Game 4 was close-ish down the stretch, but the Rockets still led wire to wire. And Houston was 4-0 against Utah in the regular season.

Would some of these games have been closer? Almost certainly. But I don't know that Rubio makes so much of a difference that Utah would necessarily win more games in the series.

Well, Utah basically forced Donovan to play the playmaker and scorer right now. It's tough enough for a rookie to do so but he's going up against 2/5 top guards in the league. Rubio brings great ball pressure, rebounding, and has gotten control of the team in terms of when to push the pace and when to slow it down. Donovan's still learning all of this. The biggest issue I had with this matchup is the fact Gobert will be rendered ineffective and it's happening. Everyone would take Gobert over Capela but Capela's getting the advantage over Gobert because the Rockets are controlling the game so well. Even if Jazz loses, though, this was a great year for them. Honestly could not have asked for a better season with how things were going.

Firefistus
05-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Well, Utah basically forced Donovan to play the playmaker and scorer right now. It's tough enough for a rookie to do so but he's going up against 2/5 top guards in the league. Rubio brings great ball pressure, rebounding, and has gotten control of the team in terms of when to push the pace and when to slow it down. Donovan's still learning all of this. The biggest issue I had with this matchup is the fact Gobert will be rendered ineffective and it's happening. Everyone would take Gobert over Capela but Capela's getting the advantage over Gobert because the Rockets are controlling the game so well. Even if Jazz loses, though, this was a great year for them. Honestly could not have asked for a better season with how things were going.

I wouldn't say Gobert is losing. And the Jazz defense is actually doing a really good job. They're holding the Rockets to under 100 points, and forcing most of their shots to be mid-range shots. Harden is shooting poorly, but Chris Paul is going ham on us. Because he's a mid-range mad-scientist. He's always been that, and he's always torched the Jazz. That's why we got Rubio, so he could guard Paul and Curry. But he's been injured and it's KILLING Utah.

Exum has also been great on defending Harden, but he's going to be out for tonights game, so it's looking very slim for Utah to come out with a victory here tonight. Especially if they can't throw a pebble into an ocean like last game.

Tg11
05-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Rockets Warriors WCF calling it

Driven
05-08-2018, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't say Gobert is losing. And the Jazz defense is actually doing a really good job. They're holding the Rockets to under 100 points, and forcing most of their shots to be mid-range shots. Harden is shooting poorly, but Chris Paul is going ham on us. Because he's a mid-range mad-scientist. He's always been that, and he's always torched the Jazz. That's why we got Rubio, so he could guard Paul and Curry. But he's been injured and it's KILLING Utah.

Exum has also been great on defending Harden, but he's going to be out for tonights game, so it's looking very slim for Utah to come out with a victory here tonight. Especially if they can't throw a pebble into an ocean like last game.

They've held the Rockets to 110, 108, 113 and 110. An average of 110 per game.

SfgiantsJD3
05-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Rockets Warriors ECF calling it

no way that matchup happens for the ECF

nastynice
05-08-2018, 03:59 PM
no way that matchup happens for the ECF

maybe in a few thousand years, when weíre back to being Pangea

Tg11
05-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Sorry what I meant to say was it will be Rockets/Warriors in WCF

Driven
05-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Iím starting to cringe every time Eric Gordon touches the ball. Heís not only missing his shots in the playoffs, but heís making bad plays

Driven
05-08-2018, 08:36 PM
I love when the Rockets have Mbah a Moute and Tucker out there at the same time. He hasnít played as much as usual this series. Hoping to see him get more run tonight

rhino17
05-08-2018, 08:38 PM
I gotta burn my alec burks jersey after what he's doing

Texan_Rocket
05-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Rockets looking bad. This is what scares me, Gordon, Harden missing 3s.

Driven
05-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I donít mind players missing shots. That happens. Itís bad decision making and bad play that bothers me. Hardens been a little too unselfish at times. Gordonís just been bad.

CP3 is making sure he makes it to his first conference finals though

dhopisthename
05-08-2018, 09:05 PM
I gotta burn my alec burks jersey after what he's doing

why would you have one to start with? this is the reason he buried on the bench

rhino17
05-08-2018, 09:05 PM
why would you have one to start with? this is the reason he buried on the bench

From college, he was the best player when I was at CU.

basch152
05-08-2018, 09:16 PM
holy crap do they like giving harden some ticky tack fouls.

Driven
05-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Tuckers been fantastic for the rockets all year

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Mitchell isn't ready to be both a passer and scorer. That's too much responsibility for a rookie. Rubio being injured has been a total disaster for Mitchell.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Woah Mitchell just put up a 22 point quarter

Driven
05-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Gerald Green coming up big for a lackluster rockets team tonight. Rockets going with a hustle lineup right now

Driven
05-08-2018, 09:57 PM
This has turned into a great game