PDA

View Full Version : Who Looks worse?

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Who is coming off like a Bigger Dbag today?

John wall

John Wall says Wizards should upgrade from Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi: 'You need athletic bigs'

Melo

Carmelo Anthony On If He’d Come Off The Bench: ‘That’s Out Of The Question’

not even a day later Wall is basically tossing his players under the bus where is Melo even after a god awful performance and god awful years refuses to come off the bench.

ewing
04-28-2018, 08:51 PM
I’m going with Wall bc what he says actually matters a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lakerfan85
04-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Yeah.. It’s Wall... Maybe Gortat should snap his knee...

goingfor28
04-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Bigger dbag: Wall
Bigger moron: Melo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2018, 09:23 PM
Wonder if Melo expects OKC to buy him out after he accepts his player option

cmellofan15
04-28-2018, 09:26 PM
Wall definitely looks worse, melo looks the same as he always has

Raps18-19 Champ
04-28-2018, 10:17 PM
Wall easily. Melo shouldn't be coming off the bench.

JLynn943
04-28-2018, 10:31 PM
Wall will be traded this off season. My guess is to NO (centered around Jrue) after they re-sign DMC. Washington is better off getting what they can for him and trying to salvage some sort of team culture. I don't even dislike Wall, but he's not worth it for them depending on what they can get in return. This BS keeps happening, and there's the supposed tension with Beal.

Melo is toast.

STRIKERC
04-28-2018, 10:36 PM
Wall is grossly overrated. I said this four years ago and i will repeat it. John Wall is to Washington what Andre Iguodala was to Philly. Ultimately, he's a third option on a championship team...at best.

What does Washington need most?
A better point guard. Not a failed two guard.

KingPosey
04-28-2018, 11:01 PM
I mean George isn’t resigning with OKC possibly so Melos problem might work itself out and he knows it.

mrblisterdundee
04-29-2018, 01:15 AM
Who is coming off like a Bigger Dbag today?
John Wall says Wizards should upgrade from Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi: 'You need athletic bigs'
Carmelo Anthony On If He’d Come Off The Bench: ‘That’s Out Of The Question’

I'd say Carmelo. He knows he sucks. Hopefully he's into himself enough to not pick up his option if the Thunder assure him he will be a bench player next year.
Wall reminds me of that Earn quote from Atlanta: "I'm not sorry I said what I said. But I'm sorry I said it, if that makes any sense."

Heediot
04-29-2018, 04:04 AM
Those two combined are making 30 million on the Wiz. I think Wall has a legit point, but he should of done so in private with the FO.

PowerHouse
04-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Their both dicks, but Wall said something that is true.

Melo is just making it well known (to whichever few that didn't already know) that he has no problem letting his ego totally interfere with his team's chances of winning.

j-bay
04-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Kind of a **** think for Wall to say but he isn't wrong. Gortat isn't young and Mahini injury prone and overpaid. Prediction Demarcus Sign and trade for OPJR.

THE MTL
04-29-2018, 10:39 AM
I don't think Melo is a bench player. Thunder just needs better chemistry. It was WAY TOO MUCH isolation against a top NBA defense

j-bay
04-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Wall is grossly overrated. I said this four years ago and i will repeat it. John Wall is to Washington what Andre Iguodala was to Philly. Ultimately, he's a third option on a championship team...at best.

What does Washington need most?
A better point guard. Not a failed two guard.

Not even close.

j-bay
04-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Wall will be traded this off season. My guess is to NO (centered around Jrue) after they re-sign DMC. Washington is better off getting what they can for him and trying to salvage some sort of team culture. I don't even dislike Wall, but he's not worth it for them depending on what they can get in return. This BS keeps happening, and there's the supposed tension with Beal.

Melo is toast.

Dude do you even watch Wizards basketball? Reading newspapers doesn't count. I'm tired of outsiders having an opinion on the Wizards when they don't even watch them. Yes Wall has an ego, but his teammates arn't better either.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Dude do you even watch Wizards basketball? Reading newspapers doesn't count. I'm tired of outsiders having an opinion on the Wizards when they don't even watch them. Yes Wall has an ego, but his teammates arn't better either.

it isn't just newspapers or even about the wizards although i've seen plenty to know there better without wall.
Walls issues date back to college even i could have told you back then he was painfully overrated.

As for Melo it took me a couple years of watching him in denver to understand the basketball he plays just wasn't good for a team.

jimboslice15
04-29-2018, 11:27 AM
To be honest, Wall's comments are probably in response to Gortat's comments from earlier in the season about him not being a "team player", so clearly there are some chemistry issues going on in WAS which might lead them to blowing the whole damn thing up. So this to me doesn't make Wall look bad, but Washington as a whole.

And Melo has every right not to accept a bench role at this point in his career. Maybe if OKC ran a legitimate offense he would have been more effective... They run an absurd amount of isolation, and with 3 ball-dominant players on one team, it just won't work.

I remember back when Woodson was coaching the Knicks, Melo was able to play off the ball with Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton running the offense... They ran an ACTUAL SYSTEM, and Melo had one of the most efficient offense seasons of his career. It's not his fault that Billy Donavan runs a college offense centered around 1 star player.

See what happens if Melo went to Houston, Cleveland, Golden State, any team that ran a system... he wouldn't look nearly as atrocious.

j-bay
04-29-2018, 11:27 AM
it isn't just newspapers or even about the wizards although i've seen plenty to know there better without wall.
Walls issues date back to college even i could have told you back then he was painfully overrated.

As for Melo it took me a couple years of watching him in denver to understand the basketball he plays just wasn't good for a team.

Yeab in the games he was out? Yes they looked good but his teammates are also very streaky. Wall is need believe me, no matter how much of an ego he has.

LaVar Ball
04-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Melo has become so damn one dimensional in today’s positionless NBA. He’s now on the level of a 6th man like Lou Will or JCraw.

STRIKERC
04-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Kind of a **** think for Wall to say but he isn't wrong. Gortat isn't young and Mahini injury prone and overpaid. Prediction Demarcus Sign and trade for OPJR.

You're in denial. John Wall is the type of player who leads teams into purgatory. The optics says he's a superstar but in actuality he's anything but. He's not a team player. Never was, never will.
A good GM will trade him while his value is high.

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Scott Brooks: "We're benching you next year Melo."
Melo: "I don't wanna come off the bench but I'm still opting in because I know I can't get 25 mil anymore."

j-bay
04-29-2018, 03:26 PM
You're in denial. John Wall is the type of player who leads teams into purgatory. The optics says he's a superstar but in actuality he's anything but. He's not a team player. Never was, never will.
A good GM will trade him while his value is high.

Just because of one season? And all of this is coming from Gortat, who didn't handle the situation any better.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:29 PM
To be honest, Wall's comments are probably in response to Gortat's comments from earlier in the season about him not being a "team player", so clearly there are some chemistry issues going on in WAS which might lead them to blowing the whole damn thing up. So this to me doesn't make Wall look bad, but Washington as a whole.

And Melo has every right not to accept a bench role at this point in his career. Maybe if OKC ran a legitimate offense he would have been more effective... They run an absurd amount of isolation, and with 3 ball-dominant players on one team, it just won't work.

I remember back when Woodson was coaching the Knicks, Melo was able to play off the ball with Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton running the offense... They ran an ACTUAL SYSTEM, and Melo had one of the most efficient offense seasons of his career. It's not his fault that Billy Donavan runs a college offense centered around 1 star player.

See what happens if Melo went to Houston, Cleveland, Golden State, any team that ran a system... he wouldn't look nearly as atrocious.

i guess you missed his time on the knicks he's been bad for awhile now although i admit okc has no real offense

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Just because of one season? And all of this is coming from Gortat, who didn't handle the situation any better.

this has been a theme since his college ball he's just not as good as people think.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:31 PM
Scott Brooks: "We're benching you next year Melo."
Melo: "I don't wanna come off the bench but I'm still opting in because I know I can't get 25 mil anymore."

Scott Brooks isn't there anymore they would be better if he was

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Yeab in the games he was out? Yes they looked good but his teammates are also very streaky. Wall is need believe me, no matter how much of an ego he has.

I really don't understand why your such an apologist for him when he came back that team fell apart and he was playing some truly brainless basketball.

j-bay
04-29-2018, 03:40 PM
I really don't understand why your such an apologist for him when he came back that team fell apart and he was playing some truly brainless basketball.

Because i have seen how streaky Beal and Porter can get. I ain't getting rid of Wall after one terrible season. Period. If this continues then its time to worry. Until then we need to trade Gortat and get younger at Center.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Because i have seen how streaky Beal and Porter can get. I ain't getting rid of Wall after one terrible season. Period. If this continues then its time to worry. Until then we need to trade Gortat and get younger at Center.

again our concerns are not about this season they just got highlighted this season

Chronz
04-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Melo cuz he's actively hurting the team. Wall might have a point, they're overpaying for mahinmi

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Scott Brooks isn't there anymore they would be better if he was

Woopsy, brain fart

Missing56&33
04-29-2018, 05:33 PM

Agreed on Wall, but Melo was a serious disappointment....BD should've hit him with a DNP coaches decision.

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Wall should ask for a trade. His teammates are complete idiots for always trying to take shots at him. Wall's had enough. You can hate the guy for his personality but he was the best player in that series and gave Wizards a shot.

jimboslice15
04-29-2018, 05:56 PM
i guess you missed his time on the knicks he's been bad for awhile now although i admit okc has no real offense

I guess you didn't read my whole post, since I referenced his time prior to the knicks phil jackson sh*tshow signing and the triangle nonsense...

Melo was playing at an extremely high level in a modern offensive system, which was centered around inside/outside 3-ball/layups....

I'll even add to this, I cannot stand Melo and always hated that trade.... but he clearly deserves to be a starter in this league... You'll really gonna sit here and say that he doesn't deserve to start???? Take a look at starting SF/PF's around the league and then get back to me...

I've included a depth chart link for reference too

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx

Jamiecballer
04-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Wall should ask for a trade. His teammates are complete idiots for always trying to take shots at him. Wall's had enough. You can hate the guy for his personality but he was the best player in that series and gave Wizards a shot.IMO he won't need to make that request.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ChongInc.
04-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Washington doesn't need to get younger or more athletic at C, they just need some difference making talent there, any age. Gasol would lift them to the top 4/5 in the east and he isn't athletic or young. The series with Toronto turned when JV started playing 4th quarters, but he didn't out-athlete them. He's just better than Gortat and jv always destroys mahimi. Mahimi is just a big body. Doesn't really contribute anything imo, just looks like he will.

Rivera
04-30-2018, 12:52 PM
neither, Wall and Gortat dont like each other so hes going to slight someone he doesnt like for someone he likes

Melo still believes hes a starter, you want all your players regardless of how good or bad they are to feel they are good enough to start and contribute in this league

context

smith&wesson
04-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Wall just stating facts.. probably planting the seed for Cousins

Something like Porter, Gortat and a future first for Cousins in a s&t

ChongInc.
05-01-2018, 10:13 AM
I don't think sign and trades are a thing anymore.

IndyRealist
05-01-2018, 10:33 AM
I don't think sign and trades are a thing anymore.

They are. There just isn't a lot of incentive for a player to agree to it anymore. If Cousins really wants to go to a capped out Wizards team, a S&T is still possible.

tp13baby
05-01-2018, 01:32 PM

He was the best player on a Nuggets team that challenged the Lakers in the WCF and arguably win that series if they could just inbound the ****ing ball. He is great assuming you got a system in tack, with a coach that doesn’t deal with ******** and leadership throughout. He wasted years in NY with a bunch of coach’s that are just garbage.

You don’t just go to the WCF when the West was deep with Billups as the your only viable scoring threat.

tp13baby
05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Wall just stating facts.. probably planting the seed for Cousins

Something like Porter, Gortat and a future first for Cousins in a s&t

Absolutely pull the trigger on that if you are Nola. They are better without Cousins and it gives you necessary depth that can defend. Also think Otto has a lot more to give but Washington limits him to an extent.

NYY 26 to 7
05-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Melo hasn't come to grips with the fact that he hasn't been a great offensive player in years. Melo lacks any self awareness and always blames others for his short comings. As a Knicks fan we saw he was never willing to sacrifice anything for the team and once he had that shoulder injury then knee surgery he was never the same offensively. The ISO midrange game is not the NBA anymore and he couldn't get to the rim the way he used to. The only hope was with the Thunder to be a great spot up shooter but he proved to not be great at that. For someone who plays no D you can't be a 3 and D player. He lost what made him special and can't seem to accept that. He was one of my favorites but he has fallen hard.

Wall is right though not the best way to go about it.

Jamiecballer
05-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Absolutely pull the trigger on that if you are Nola. They are better without Cousins and it gives you necessary depth that can defend. Also think Otto has a lot more to give but Washington limits him to an extent.Right, but who do you think is limiting the offensive abilities of otto porter? Is it Beal, Gortat, the coach? The answer is the same guy you want to pair with Cousins. An offensive force is not going to see his numbers go up, or rather his opportunity to put up huge numbers increase by pairing him with a me first offensive point guard like Wall. I just can't see it. That friendship would be tested big time IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk