PDA

View Full Version : PG13 considering sixers?

More-Than-Most
04-27-2018, 07:29 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/george-reportedly-expected-to-consider-signing-with-sixers-510565.html

I love lebron and think PG13 is slightly overrated but PG13 would be the sixers dream fit in all honesty.

GoferKing_
04-28-2018, 03:56 AM
It's always good to talk about going to another team when you are under contract and in a PO series. Stay classy. :D

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:48 AM
He certainly wasn't thinking about the Jazz

BSF101
04-28-2018, 12:20 PM
I did a thread on rather or no not the 76ers are becoming the GS Warriors of the East.
Which I believe you already answered?

Heediot
04-28-2018, 12:29 PM
He is younger so he is supposed to give you more prime years. I think bron can work just as well or better. But the dangerous side of bron is he might decline hard out of nowhere. Or he might Not, But the danger and element is still there.

cheetos185
04-28-2018, 12:56 PM
He is younger so he is supposed to give you more prime years. I think bron can work just as well or better. But the dangerous side of bron is he might decline hard out of nowhere. Or he might Not, But the danger and element is still there.With Bron your guaranteed finals appearance can't say that about pg13.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
04-28-2018, 02:34 PM
How about the Jazz? George has praised Mitchell and was the only Oklahoma star hugging it up with him after being eliminated. He'd be perfect for Utah, and possibly an improvement over Hayward. Their defense would be insane.

TrueFan420
04-28-2018, 04:52 PM
With Bron your guaranteed finals appearance can't say that about pg13.

Also guaranteed a lot of drama. PG13 on this team would also get them there. Hell they might get there this year. As crazy as it is cause Bron is so great their better off with PG13

TrueFan420
04-28-2018, 04:52 PM
How about the Jazz? George has praised Mitchell and was the only Oklahoma star hugging it up with him after being eliminated. He'd be perfect for Utah, and possibly an improvement over Hayward. Their defense would be insane.

He'd be a great fit there too

IndyRealist
04-28-2018, 05:53 PM
He is younger so he is supposed to give you more prime years. I think bron can work just as well or better. But the dangerous side of bron is he might decline hard out of nowhere. Or he might Not, But the danger and element is still there.

Lebron 3 years from now is still better than PG right now.

mohye
04-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Paul George will be coming home. He will sign a 4 year near max deal with the Lakers.

sixer04fan
04-29-2018, 09:38 AM

Agreed

Alayla
04-29-2018, 11:22 AM

is that even really true in this case? He cannot play with simmons and I can't help but question if anyone who thinks those 2 can play together watch either player. I also feel lebron will drop off sooner than people think.

BKLYNpigeon
04-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Agreed

all recency bias.

PG just had a bad series. Can't judge him off of 4 games, when you look at his career in a whole.

Its hard to play with Wesbrook.

IndyRealist
04-29-2018, 12:07 PM
all recency bias.

PG just had a bad series. Can't judge him off of 4 games, when you look at his career in a whole.

I have looked at his career as a whole. The difference between Lebron and PG is too big. Three years from now, Lebron will still be better than PG is right now.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 12:34 PM
I have looked at his career as a whole. The difference between Lebron and PG is too big. Three years from now, Lebron will still be better than PG is right now.

3 years from now lebron might not be a starter

sixer04fan
04-29-2018, 12:39 PM
all recency bias.

Not recency bias. Itís the other sideís under-appreciation of Lebronís greatness/Lebron-fatigue.

Heís been so great for so long, people are just used to it and take it for granted, but heís far better than Paul George is, was, or will be. Heís the superior player and just had one of his greatest seasons ever since entering the league. Him dropping off some is still a better player than many other superstars.

Heediot
04-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Last 2 years, PG hasn't been consistent and is playing below par (for his standards) on average in the post-season. Maybe it's RW factor this year. Last year and this year he had some big games, but it's been a yo-yo thing with him, with more negative yo's vs. positive.

PG defense is still strong though.

Alayla
04-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Not recency bias. Itís the other sideís under-appreciation of Lebronís greatness/Lebron-fatigue.

Heís been so great for so long, people are just used to it and take it for granted, but heís far better than Paul George is, was, or will be. Heís the superior player and just had one of his greatest seasons ever since entering the league. Him dropping off some is still a better player than many other superstars.

Look i'll tell people as quickly as anyone how underrated he's been over the course of his career but fit matters and he simply doesn't fit.
to a much lesser degree i'm confident his time is ticking he's only human after all

sixer04fan
04-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Look i'll tell people as quickly as anyone how underrated he's been over the course of his career but fit matters and he simply doesn't fit.
to a much lesser degree i'm confident his time is ticking he's only human after all

Thatís your opinion. I really disagree.

He probably doesnít fit as well as Paul George on paper, but he would fit just fine.

And heís simply a much better player than Paul George, even if he started to decline a bit. Itís baseless to think Lebron is just gonna fall off a cliff.

D-Leethal
04-29-2018, 06:00 PM
LeBron is better than George and will be until he retires. That said, I'm not sure Philly needs more than Paul George. LeBron with him brings a lot of things they probably don't want or need. He takes over the entire lockeroom, he is overbearing for the coach, he dominates the ball every possession, dominates the spotlight, he signs his 1-and-1 contracts so every year it's all about "is LeBron gonna leave?". There is the potential for Simmons to feel like Kyrie and get frustrated about not unlocking his full potential with LeBron there.

Philly can sign LeBron, deal with all those things, and compete with the Warriors for the next few years, or they can sign PG to a 4 year deal, sign some other support pieces, not deal with any of those things, and compete with the Warriors for the next few years anyway, while allowing Simmons to truly grow into the next big time superstar and Simmons and Embiid to be the next great elite duo in the NBA.

Signing LeBron for Philly is shaking hands with the devil for a quick fix, PG seems more like the natural fit minus all the hoopla that lets all of their young stars trajectories remain in tact without having to make loads of concessions to make room for LeBron.

valade16
04-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Statistically the last time LeBron had stats similar to PG's were probably his rookie year.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Statistically the last time LeBron had stats similar to PG's were probably his rookie year.

lmfao... its so true and I agree... Lebron is by far the better player and choice but he comes with risks... him and simmons could work together of course but PG is the better fit for this team... I said it before I would never ever want PG13 whom i think is overrated on my team as a 1st or 2nd option... He would be that on the thunder or the lakers which would end badly... here he would be a 3rd option... the spurs he would be a 3rd option... the rockets he would be a 3rd option... Pg13 is a top 25 player in basketball but not the top 10 player psd overrated last year.. PG13 puts this sixer team close to the warriors and rockets... Lebron james might put us over the top but having lebron on that 1x1 crap and dealing with this again 2 years from now on top of him forcing changes and overlapping simmons a bit might be a risk not worth taking.

Either way if we get 1 the sky is the limit.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:02 PM

Exactly. You get Bron, and you are in the finals for sure.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:03 PM

Exactly

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:05 PM
3 years from now lebron might not be a starter

You no dó- about basketball if u think thatís in the realm of possibility.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:09 PM
lmfao... its so true and I agree... Lebron is by far the better player and choice but he comes with risks... him and simmons could work together of course but PG is the better fit for this team... I said it before I would never ever want PG13 whom i think is overrated on my team as a 1st or 2nd option... He would be that on the thunder or the lakers which would end badly... here he would be a 3rd option... the spurs he would be a 3rd option... the rockets he would be a 3rd option... Pg13 is a top 25 player in basketball but not the top 10 player psd overrated last year.. PG13 puts this sixer team close to the warriors and rockets... Lebron james might put us over the top but having lebron on that 1x1 crap and dealing with this again 2 years from now on top of him forcing changes and overlapping simmons a bit might be a risk not worth taking.

Either way if we get 1 the sky is the limit.

If Simmons and Embiid want it to happen, then welcome it with open arms. I think Simmons and Bron will mesh like KD and Curry, just the n a diff way. It will be amazing basketball watching the two of them. Regepardless, I think if Paul went there, somehow so would Bron and it would just be double disgusting.

D-Leethal
04-29-2018, 08:46 PM
If Simmons and Embiid want it to happen, then welcome it with open arms. I think Simmons and Bron will mesh like KD and Curry, just the n a diff way. It will be amazing basketball watching the two of them. Regepardless, I think if Paul went there, somehow so would Bron and it would just be double disgusting.

LeBron and Simmons do not compliment eachother on the offensive side of the ball one bit. They have the exact same weaknesses and strengths. That's not KD and Curry. It would work on sheer talent alone, but they would be taking turns on offense, not playing off eachother like KD and Curry can.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:54 PM
LeBron and Simmons do not compliment eachother on the offensive side of the ball one bit. They have the exact same weaknesses and strengths. That's not KD and Curry. It would work on sheer talent alone, but they would be taking turns on offense, not playing off eachother like KD and Curry can.

Like I said in a different way. Both are much better play makers, rebounders, and rim attackers than KD and Curry. They will be sourrounde by 3 point shooters and a dominant inside presence. It will be filthy. Plus at this point Bron is a reliable spot p shooter and 3pt shooter. Lebron is a chameleon that can be whatever is needed at every moment. He is perfect for the 76ers

CasperX22
04-29-2018, 09:22 PM
No thanks to PG. If the choice is Bron or PG I think that is an easy decision as much as I can't stand Bron lol!

D-Leethal
04-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Like I said in a different way. Both are much better play makers, rebounders, and rim attackers than KD and Curry. They will be sourrounde by 3 point shooters and a dominant inside presence. It will be filthy. Plus at this point Bron is a reliable spot p shooter and 3pt shooter. Lebron is a chameleon that can be whatever is needed at every moment. He is perfect for the 76ers

LeBron has never once not for one second changed his style of play. He plays downhill every play, and everyone else spaces the floor for him. Simmons is gonna be parked in the corner. Rim attacking is not the dominating redudancy you want in your top two guys. There is only room for one guy to attack from the top of the key in a set, the other guy has to be parked somewhere else, they will be taking turns attacking, and taking turns is not how you want your top 2 guys to play with each other. You want them each to be able to do what they do best simultaneously.

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 10:23 PM
LeBron has never once not for one second changed his style of play. He plays downhill every play, and everyone else spaces the floor for him. Simmons is gonna be parked in the corner. Rim attacking is not the dominating redudancy you want in your top two guys. There is only room for one guy to attack from the top of the key in a set, the other guy has to be parked somewhere else, they will be taking turns attacking, and taking turns is not how you want your top 2 guys to play with each other. You want them each to be able to do what they do best simultaneously.

Because LeBron has never once had a PG of Ben Simmons's caliber. You're talking about Kyrie - who everyone pretty much acknowledges as a SG these days. Let's start from when LeBron actually began winning games. Eric Snow and Damon Jones were his two PG's from the early Cavs days before Mo Williams came along. Then he had Boobie Gibson as backup PG. When he went to Miami, it was Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole along with a hobbled Wade. He comes to Cleveland and Kyrie is amazing but he's not great at getting guys involved and/or getting players their shots.

Direct quote from Kyrie when Lue said Kyrie needs to get others involved: "That's LeBron's job."

If LeBron had Ben Simmons, his game would change because LeBron is smart enough to realize what his role is. Ben Simmons would be, by far, the best passer he would play with. LeBron shot the best from three at Miami - also the time where he had the best teammates and his catch-and-shoot was a career high. "Everyone spaces the floor for him." That's what every NBA superstar in the league is built towards these days. One guy penetrating to the basket and shooters spacing the floor. It's a solid strategy in today's game.

But anyways, you're assuming LeBron's game stays the same when his entire career was predicated on him being that type of player because they needed him to be. Sixers don't need LeBron to facilitate the ball but they damn sure need him against the Warriors and Rockets.

The biggest reason for the Sixers to grab LeBron isn't because he's the best fit. He really isn't for the Sixers. It's because by getting LeBron, you eliminate LeBron as a competitor. And that is why getting LeBron is such a big deal. It's the same for the Warriors. When they got KD, they eliminated a competitor just like that.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 10:53 PM
Because LeBron has never once had a PG of Ben Simmons's caliber. You're talking about Kyrie - who everyone pretty much acknowledges as a SG these days. Let's start from when LeBron actually began winning games. Eric Snow and Damon Jones were his two PG's from the early Cavs days before Mo Williams came along. Then he had Boobie Gibson as backup PG. When he went to Miami, it was Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole along with a hobbled Wade. He comes to Cleveland and Kyrie is amazing but he's not great at getting guys involved and/or getting players their shots.

Direct quote from Kyrie when Lue said Kyrie needs to get others involved: "That's LeBron's job."

If LeBron had Ben Simmons, his game would change because LeBron is smart enough to realize what his role is. Ben Simmons would be, by far, the best passer he would play with. LeBron shot the best from three at Miami - also the time where he had the best teammates and his catch-and-shoot was a career high. "Everyone spaces the floor for him." That's what every NBA superstar in the league is built towards these days. One guy penetrating to the basket and shooters spacing the floor. It's a solid strategy in today's game.

But anyways, you're assuming LeBron's game stays the same when his entire career was predicated on him being that type of player because they needed him to be. Sixers don't need LeBron to facilitate the ball but they damn sure need him against the Warriors and Rockets.

The biggest reason for the Sixers to grab LeBron isn't because he's the best fit. He really isn't for the Sixers. It's because by getting LeBron, you eliminate LeBron as a competitor. And that is why getting LeBron is such a big deal. It's the same for the Warriors. When they got KD, they eliminated a competitor just like that.

the other benefit of having lebron is embiid... simmons/lebron/embiid on the floor together is disgusting but having lebron means you could rest embiid and the loss would be at a minimum because lebron and or simmons can slide in and out of the PF/C spot because we like to play positionless basketball... Simmons should be even stronger next year and he is actually taller than lebron.. a full off season of bulking up and working on his shot could open a ton of things up... Its a good position to be in right now.. we either get lebron or PG13 or we dont... Having them would be amazing... not having them wouldnt hurt us.

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 11:52 PM
the other benefit of having lebron is embiid... simmons/lebron/embiid on the floor together is disgusting but having lebron means you could rest embiid and the loss would be at a minimum because lebron and or simmons can slide in and out of the PF/C spot because we like to play positionless basketball... Simmons should be even stronger next year and he is actually taller than lebron.. a full off season of bulking up and working on his shot could open a ton of things up... Its a good position to be in right now.. we either get lebron or PG13 or we dont... Having them would be amazing... not having them wouldnt hurt us.

There is no scenario where not having LeBron is better than having LeBron right now. None. If you can get LeBron without losing your core players, you are an idiot to not do it. I get the Sixers hype right now and fans wanting to keep it going but it's not logical at all.

europagnpilgrim
04-30-2018, 12:58 AM
If I were the Sixers I would stay away from George and use him as a plan B if my initial plan didn't come to fruition

I would make a serious push to get James to commit for a sure 3 year with a 4th year player option, then I would make a serious push to get Leonard for Fultz / Saric / picks, if this were to happen I would happen to think it would be hard for Bron / Simmons to mesh especially if Bron wants to play Bron ball and Simmons though a good slasher / finisher at rim cant hit the deep ball consistently enough to really bring out the max of the team as a whole, I could be wrong but I feel diff.

I am acting as GM of Sixers and knowing Bron has these 3 last back end apex seasons remaining I would accommodate his input and would make a call to G.State and see if I could somehow get Klay for a package involving the young horse Simmons

reason I would do it is way way natural better fit, not only does Klay shoot lights out but he is all nba caliber defender and young, he would be getting a Superman version of Korver at his apex, same with Leonard who can play and shoot / play make off the ball, that all along with Embiid and hungry vets

thing is Klay is due for max style deal but the Sixers are just the type of market that can laugh at a luxury tax bill, top 5 market and a chance at a dynasty is enough to look past a luxury tax bill and dominant for a half decade

I know it wouldn't be popular to move Simmons(and I would get heat from die hard fanatics) but Klay would be such a fit and he would be able to showcase his driving skills more as Lebron respects legit all stars and defers a little more than he is showing now playing with b level players, it would be a nightmare for teams as I would demand that the coach always stagger minutes where a combo of the 4 is always on the court, always remaining a threat at the highest apex

if not Klay I would get on the phone and see if I could swing something for A Davis, a Lebron / Leonard / Davis / Embiid is pretty sick, Olympic team style

europagnpilgrim
04-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Rockets GM on CP3 trade: 'You're either in the weapons race or on the sidelines'

That's my mentality when I am trying to build a supreme dynasty / contender, when you are going up against Olympians KD / Klay / Curry / Green you have to come with equal Olympian style or at worst Two Headed Superstar Monster with a legit all star caliber 3rd wheel and legit lesser role players who have a key factor on the outcome of games, other than that you don't stand a chance so I am going all out, the city of Philly and State of PA. would love the 4 year plan, Finals for sure every year, deja vu for Bron as he does another 4peat(advancing wise) as he did with Heat, I don't know the outcome but I do know Philly would win at least 1 title if I were the GM, if Bron were to make Finals this year and another 4 straight he would be at 12 straight, regardless of the outcome give me the Finals appearances over 6 - 0 all day every day any lifetime

AI would finally get his ring because I would hire him as Co - GM / Team Ambassador

Bron would be happy as well since he admires AI to the maximum

So I am going for the gusto for those who may strongly disagree

StandDown

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 01:26 AM
No thanks to PG. If the choice is Bron or PG I think that is an easy decision as much as I can't stand Bron lol!

Exactly. One makes you better, one makes you goat.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 01:30 AM

Yeah, being able to give Embiid tons of rest could be the #1 reason to add Bron.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 01:32 AM
If I were the Sixers I would stay away from George and use him as a plan B if my initial plan didn't come to fruition

I would make a serious push to get James to commit for a sure 3 year with a 4th year player option, then I would make a serious push to get Leonard for Fultz / Saric / picks, if this were to happen I would happen to think it would be hard for Bron / Simmons to mesh especially if Bron wants to play Bron ball and Simmons though a good slasher / finisher at rim cant hit the deep ball consistently enough to really bring out the max of the team as a whole, I could be wrong but I feel diff.

I am acting as GM of Sixers and knowing Bron has these 3 last back end apex seasons remaining I would accommodate his input and would make a call to G.State and see if I could somehow get Klay for a package involving the young horse Simmons

reason I would do it is way way natural better fit, not only does Klay shoot lights out but he is all nba caliber defender and young, he would be getting a Superman version of Korver at his apex, same with Leonard who can play and shoot / play make off the ball, that all along with Embiid and hungry vets

thing is Klay is due for max style deal but the Sixers are just the type of market that can laugh at a luxury tax bill, top 5 market and a chance at a dynasty is enough to look past a luxury tax bill and dominant for a half decade

I know it wouldn't be popular to move Simmons(and I would get heat from die hard fanatics) but Klay would be such a fit and he would be able to showcase his driving skills more as Lebron respects legit all stars and defers a little more than he is showing now playing with b level players, it would be a nightmare for teams as I would demand that the coach always stagger minutes where a combo of the 4 is always on the court, always remaining a threat at the highest apex

if not Klay I would get on the phone and see if I could swing something for A Davis, a Lebron / Leonard / Davis / Embiid is pretty sick, Olympic team style

😳🤯😱🤮

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 01:37 AM
I would make only one move if I am the sixers. Add Bron to the young talented chemistry you already have. Make him fit into your system...which he will have no problem doing and will thrive.

Ben Simmons may be the player to bring the best out of Lebron. I think he is Lebronís Stockton and the b-ball world is going to be blessed to see a whole new Style of play from Bron that is even more efficient. They have the same IQ and see the game very similarly.

Heediot
04-30-2018, 05:10 AM
The way Bron sees the floor, I don't think he'll have a problem anywhere. Guys who have high basketball IQ and vision can adjust. Like I said though the only concern is a steep decline out of nowhere, possibility is not too high given what Bron has proven and his work ethic, but that';s the only slight concern I would have in signing him for any team. Spreading it out is great, but you can also win in other ways. OKC a few years back just had KD and a few specialists who played here and there as a threats from range but they pushed GS hard with a lack of spacing too. More then one ways to skin a cat. Bron at this point is a good shooter and has to be accounted for on open jumpers to boot. High end talent first, worry about spacing later. You don't say no to 3 franchise players playing together at once, end of story.

Heediot
04-30-2018, 05:15 AM

Bron showed yesterday his off ball game once George Hill came in. The guy is capable off the ball and can adjust. As much as I troll here and there vs. Bron fans, you can't teach his iq and ability to read the floor and defense (This is the difference between him and KD IMO, the floor vision). He was rolling to the basket, popping off the screen. Sprinkling in a few post ups. Taking guys off the bounce off a pass too.

valade16
04-30-2018, 06:40 AM
I just don't believe that the reason LeBron plays LeBron ball is because he has to because he's never had a great PG. I think this is his preferred style of playing. If you are trying to convince me LeBron would suddenly be this off-ball guy ready to defer to a 2nd year Ben Simmons, I'm having trouble buying that.

Alayla
04-30-2018, 09:03 AM

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU MOVE BEN SIMMONS. That kind of suggestion is exactly why many of us don't want LeBron I'm not giving up potentially 15 years of simmons for pushing the chips all in now

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 09:27 AM
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU MOVE BEN SIMMONS. That kind of suggestion is exactly why many of us don't want LeBron I'm not giving up potentially 15 years of simmons for pushing the chips all in now

No sane person is considering signing Lebron at the expense of Ben Simmons. Relax, we arenít sacrificing Ben to get Lebron. No Sixers fan wants that. I promise.

Vinylman
04-30-2018, 09:29 AM
What is philly doing with Reddick next year?

Letting him go? Or did they have a handshake deal where he signs for less next year by getting overpaid this year?

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 09:45 AM
The way Bron sees the floor, I don't think he'll have a problem anywhere. Guys who have high basketball IQ and vision can adjust. Like I said though the only concern is a steep decline out of nowhere, possibility is not too high given what Bron has proven and his work ethic, but that';s the only slight concern I would have in signing him for any team. Spreading it out is great, but you can also win in other ways. OKC a few years back just had KD and a few specialists who played here and there as a threats from range but they pushed GS hard with a lack of spacing too. More then one ways to skin a cat. Bron at this point is a good shooter and has to be accounted for on open jumpers to boot. High end talent first, worry about spacing later. You don't say no to 3 franchise players playing together at once, end of story.

And they had the Tasmanian devil

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 09:46 AM
I just don't believe that the reason LeBron plays LeBron ball is because he has to because he's never had a great PG. I think this is his preferred style of playing. If you are trying to convince me LeBron would suddenly be this off-ball guy ready to defer to a 2nd year Ben Simmons, I'm having trouble buying that.

I think he will mesh seemlessly, whatever that looks like...

c.c.
04-30-2018, 10:34 AM
S & T to the Rockets would be a good decision for his career.

D-Leethal
04-30-2018, 10:36 AM

Same. The action all gravitates towards LeBron, that's just how it goes. That ball is going to find him, and he is going to do what he does best. They might dominate teams so much that he is comfortable taking possessions off to let Simmons run point, but the majority of the time LeBron is on the court, he is going to be doing what he's done his entire career, and Simmons is going to largely be a spectator on those possessions.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 04:07 PM

Based on what? LeBron let Kyrie pound the ball and take the most shots on the team. Now you're telling me that at age 34, LeBron wouldn't let a player he's said "could be better than me" take over the team? Maybe not in LeBron's prime years still but think about this two years later when Bron is 36. He's not going to want the ball the way he has to want it now. That's you basically saying LeBron is selfish because there is no other argument. LeBron isn't stupid. If he is to go to a championship team, he will have to rely on others more or else he should stay on the Cavs and pile up stats.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Same. The action all gravitates towards LeBron, that's just how it goes. That ball is going to find him, and he is going to do what he does best. They might dominate teams so much that he is comfortable taking possessions off to let Simmons run point, but the majority of the time LeBron is on the court, he is going to be doing what he's done his entire career, and Simmons is going to largely be a spectator on those possessions.

Right. So Kyrie was a spectator. He only took the most shots on the team but that's none of my business.

valade16
04-30-2018, 04:27 PM
Based on what? LeBron let Kyrie pound the ball and take the most shots on the team. Now you're telling me that at age 34, LeBron wouldn't let a player he's said "could be better than me" take over the team? Maybe not in LeBron's prime years still but think about this two years later when Bron is 36. He's not going to want the ball the way he has to want it now. That's you basically saying LeBron is selfish because there is no other argument. LeBron isn't stupid. If he is to go to a championship team, he will have to rely on others more or else he should stay on the Cavs and pile up stats.

I'm certainly not saying LeBron is selfish. LeBron is used to playing a certain way and he is such an immense talent that every team has catered to let him play that exact way. It's not a coincidence that literally every team LeBron has ever been on has morphed into one that plays the exact same style.

Yes, Kyrie took the most shots, but LeBron was the primary ball-handler and facilitator a ton. So much so Kyrie actually said that's his job. LeBron would let Kyrie go one on one and just stand there for Kyrie, but Simmons doesn't have the triple threat one on one skills of Kyrie.

I'm not saying this as an argument for the 76ers not to get Bron. I say they go for Bron over PG and worry about how you make it work with him and Simmons later. They're both extremely talented, even if they're an awkward fit, talent talks.

But I just don't buy everyone saying that LeBron will defer completely without any problems or growing pains to Simmons. And frankly if your argument that LeBron has been a team player and doesn't dominate the ball is him in Cleveland, where the constant criticism of the team the past 3 years has been they only play Bron ball, you don't have much of an argument IMO.

D-Leethal
04-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Right. So Kyrie was a spectator. He only took the most shots on the team but that's none of my business.

Kyrie sat back and waited for kickouts. He didn't initiate penetration from the top of the key - that was all LeBron. Kyrie and LeBron didn't have to occupy the same space - Kyrie could wait for kickouts and execute his iso game from the wing. That's more difficult for Simmons because he can't shoot a lick, doesn't have the same type of iso game, and there is less space to penetrate to the rim from that angle off kickouts. Him and LeBron would be taking turns, it would be tough for them to compliment eachother in half court offensive sets.

R. Johnson#3
05-01-2018, 08:58 AM
PG has turned in back to back **** playoff performances so the whole Playoff P monicker is kind of out dated. You need to have more than 1 amazing game if you want that reputation. Heís also been vocal about how he wants to be the guy. I remember back in Indiana when he made that comment about how he should always be the guy to take the final shot.

Yeah PG is a great player but I have a sneaking suspicion that his ego is going to hold him back. Heís not good enough to be THE guy on the Sixers or any of the huge teams for that matter. Itís also very discouraging to see how he just gave up in the final game of the Jazz series.

Alayla
05-01-2018, 01:54 PM
PG has turned in back to back **** playoff performances so the whole Playoff P monicker is kind of out dated. You need to have more than 1 amazing game if you want that reputation. Heís also been vocal about how he wants to be the guy. I remember back in Indiana when he made that comment about how he should always be the guy to take the final shot.

Yeah PG is a great player but I have a sneaking suspicion that his ego is going to hold him back. Heís not good enough to be THE guy on the Sixers or any of the huge teams for that matter. Itís also very discouraging to see how he just gave up in the final game of the Jazz series.

i mean the entire thing we would need him for is to be a primary scoring option even more so when the threes are not falling so i think that would be enough to make him think he is the guy. our stars don't really need to score to impact the game.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 03:14 PM

He was dominating until he got the hip injury. Slowed him down.

europagnpilgrim
05-01-2018, 04:50 PM

Simmons isn't Kyrie on offensive side so he trust Kyrie way more, Simmons is drive or bust type of player as of right now from what I have viewed, hits a floater / jumper here and there but if not for his drives / dunks his fg pct would be Ball like numbers, first month of season that is

Lebron isn't stupid by any means but he is a ego maniac and that trumps all, the same guy who is going to be 36 in two yrs wants super max money like he is 26, so should Bron take a paycut since he is going to be 36? your words not mine

the ego maniac will no doubt want the super max because his ego wont allow otherwise, if I were him I would take a Heat like pay cut or KD type and join Spurs or Lake show, and tell Magic to trade for Leonard and get Boogie, that's a nice big 3

europagnpilgrim
05-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Dude was injured before he stepped foot on nba court, could be good for next decade and at same time could be B Griffin with nagging injuries, Simmons isn't a sure nba finals trip, we are talking about getting the best player of his generation still playing 1st team all nba caliber, for 4-5 yrs of Finals is worth watching what Simmons would do for a decade, a healty Boston team mops this current Sixers squad, a squad I assembled for Sixers mops that Celtics squad, fully healthy

that's only reason why I would do it, Klay / Bron / Leonard / Embiid is a lock to come out the East at least 4 straight years, deja vu for Bron like with Heat

Leonard / Simmons / Embiid may be able to push a healthy Celtics squad but its not a lock they will make 4 straight Finals

I would rather be the buffalo bills and make 4 straight the be Sacramento Kings or Suns and make 2 in 60yrs, in the moment seize it

its like what the hell might as well spend it since I create it, checkmate

Alayla
05-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Dude was injured before he stepped foot on nba court, could be good for next decade and at same time could be B Griffin with nagging injuries, Simmons isn't a sure nba finals trip, we are talking about getting the best player of his generation still playing 1st team all nba caliber, for 4-5 yrs of Finals is worth watching what Simmons would do for a decade, a healty Boston team mops this current Sixers squad, a squad I assembled for Sixers mops that Celtics squad, fully healthy

that's only reason why I would do it, Klay / Bron / Leonard / Embiid is a lock to come out the East at least 4 straight years, deja vu for Bron like with Heat

Leonard / Simmons / Embiid may be able to push a healthy Celtics squad but its not a lock they will make 4 straight Finals

I would rather be the buffalo bills and make 4 straight the be Sacramento Kings or Suns and make 2 in 60yrs, in the moment seize it

its like what the hell might as well spend it since I create it, checkmate

Solid no thanks on that I believe in Simmons the kid already shows shades of magic every night he's on the floor he's the real deal and a single injury isn't going to shy me away from him he's a guy you just don't move and i don't buy that at this point in his career lebron is a surefire finals trip every year anyway

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 07:49 AM
wait did someone suggest trading Simmons for Lebron?

Vinylman
05-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Solid no thanks on that I believe in Simmons the kid already shows shades of magic every night he's on the floor he's the real deal and a single injury isn't going to shy me away from him he's a guy you just don't move and i don't buy that at this point in his career lebron is a surefire finals trip every year anyway

what is funny is people forget what a horrific shooter Magic was when he came into the league

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 09:14 PM
George would be the #1 option on this team and I think with this squad he would fit much better.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2018, 09:27 PM
George would be the #1 option on this team and I think with this squad he would fit much better.

:laugh: at PG being the number 1 option. Do you even follow this sport anymore?

TheDish87
05-08-2018, 11:42 AM

he wouldnt be 1

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 11:45 AM
:laugh: at PG being the number 1 option. Do you even follow this sport anymore?

He watches Jordan's old games that his daddy VHS'd for him and then comes straight to PSD to talk about "basketball."

Tg11
05-08-2018, 12:36 PM
If George goes to the Sixers it's a wrap

ewing
05-08-2018, 09:23 PM
He watches Jordan's old games that his daddy VHS'd for him and then comes straight to PSD to talk about "basketball."

I think him and Joel would be number 1 options. I donít see anything silly with what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk