PDA

View Full Version : WCSF: [2] Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans [6] Warriors win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2

kdspurman
04-26-2018, 10:14 AM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zyxamb.jpgVS.http://i63.tinypic.com/2q21hmw.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oakland: Saturday, April 28, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Oakland: TBA

Game 3 in New Orleans: TBA

Game 4 in New Orleans: TBA

Game 5 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in New Orleans: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i67.tinypic.com/i3ibtj.gif

C: Anthony Davis
PF: Nikola Mirotic
SF: Jrue Holiday
SG: E'Twaun Moore
PG: Rajon Rondo

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/in71q1.gif

C: Javale Mcgee
PF: Draymond Green
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Andre Iguodala

Smoothie King Center, New Orleans

https://u.imageresize.org/6e165a7c-dcc6-4931-baf0-67e25a0fc329.jpeg

Oracle Arena, Oakland

http://i0.letvimg.com/lc06_isvrs/201612/02/07/11/5b40ddbd-ea2a-437f-ad56-33696af5c974/thumb/2_400_225.jpg

Scoots
04-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Strange to think that Rondo could be the x factor in a playoff series after his last few years.

TrueFan420
04-26-2018, 11:07 AM
KDSpursman... you should update the warriors starting lineup to have Iggy at pg. He's most likely going to continue to start there.

COOLbeans
04-26-2018, 11:23 AM
I wonder where he got the idea Quinn Cook is starting? He didnít start one game against the Spurs

kdspurman
04-26-2018, 11:42 AM
KDSpursman... you should update the warriors starting lineup to have Iggy at pg. He's most likely going to continue to start there.

Just changed, thanks. Should just put Steph's name lol

I wonder where he got the idea Quinn Cook is starting? He didnít start one game against the Spurs

It was based off their depth chart and the fact that he'd been starting prior to the post-season. These projections (for most of these series) were done before the series started. I copied this from the Spurs/Warriors thread and forgot to make that alteration.

MygirlhatesCod
04-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Strange to think that Rondo could be the x factor in a playoff series after his last few years.

I was thinking the same thing. he really has been a great fit there.

Missing56&33
04-26-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm totally on board with the Pelicans for the upset. I think they can beat GS. If JH continues to ball like he is and great supporting cast ...I like their chances.

tredigs
04-26-2018, 12:45 PM
I'd me more than happy if Curry can come back by G3 and they are tied 1-1. This is going to be a very interesting series.

mightybosstone
04-26-2018, 01:03 PM
Whether Curry comes back or not in this series, I'd still pick the Warriors to win regardless. If Curry could be healthy by Game 1 or 2, I think they win in 4-5 games. If he doesn't play at all, I think this could go to seven. So I'll split the difference and say he comes back by Game 3-4, and the Warriors end up winning in six.

For New Orleans, they've got to take advantage of any time Curry misses. To win the series, I think they've got to take one of the first two in Golden State. And they need to continue to get solid production out of Holiday, Rondo and Mirotic so that it all doesn't fall on Davis' shoulders.

Scoots
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM
This could be brutal, but it also could be a Warriors blowout. The Blazers D is not close to what the Warriors have been playing.

I wonder if the Warriors will try to get AD on KD to get him in foul trouble.

tredigs
04-26-2018, 01:44 PM
I think some might still be under appreciating just what a beast this Pels team is right now. Here's their level of play the last 30 games/few months of the season since before the All Star Break:

22-8 (~60 win pace) with a >6 point margin of victory.

AD averaged 32/12/2 +2stl, 3.5 blk (2.3 TO) on 53/35/84 ..... that is insanity.
Jrue averaged 20/5/7.5 +1.5 stl, 1 blk (2.9 TO) on 51/37/77

Long story short, those thinking that this was a fluke series against a weak Blazers D... it's not. And the Blazers have a top 10 D lol. The Warriors actually finished 11th (granted, I know the Warriors ceiling on that end is higher).

Just a damn potent combo, and then you throw in the level Rondo is at now (he'll be flirting with a triple double in these playoffs) alongside Mirotic's shooting and yeah, they're clearly just a very strong team. With Curry coming back by G3 at best (he's been out a long time, he won't be 100%), the rest of the boys better be ready to bring it, or else this could get ugly for them quick.

Vee-Rex
04-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Curry's status is the key factor here.

I'm gonna be bold and go Warriors in 7.

Vee-Rex
04-26-2018, 02:20 PM
I think some might still be under appreciating just what a beast this Pels team is right now. Here's their level of play the last 30 games/few months of the season since before the All Star Break:

22-8 (~60 win pace) with a >6 point margin of victory.

AD averaged 32/12/2 +2stl, 3.5 blk (2.3 TO) on 53/35/84 ..... that is insanity.
Jrue averaged 20/5/7.5 +1.5 stl, 1 blk (2.9 TO) on 51/37/77

Long story short, those thinking that this was a fluke series against a weak Blazers D... it's not. And the Blazers have a top 10 D lol. The Warriors actually finished 11th (granted, I know the Warriors ceiling on that end is higher).

Just a damn potent combo, and then you throw in the level Rondo is at now (he'll be flirting with a triple double in these playoffs) alongside Mirotic's shooting and yeah, they're clearly just a very strong team. With Curry coming back by G3 at best (he's been out a long time, he won't be 100%), the rest of the boys better be ready to bring it, or else this could get ugly for them quick.

Normally I pester you about hyping up opponents, but I'm in full agreement here.

I'm a believer in the Pels. They have a great combination of offense and defense, and Rondo is a FACTOR in the playoffs. His game just translates well there and he plays with way more effort than the regular season. You can tell he cares about it more. Hell, I maintain that the Bulls would've upset the Celtics last year if Rondo didn't get injured.

And if Jrue can keep up his level of play... this will be a dangerous series for the Curry-less Warriors.

SfgiantsJD3
04-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Curry's status is the key factor here.

I'm gonna be bold and go Warriors in 7.
Meyers said Curry doubtful for game 1 depends on todays and tomorrows practice

General manager Bob Myers said "it's conceivable" Stephen Curry (knee) plays in Game 1 against the Pelicans.

"He's gonna try and practice," Myers said. "If he can get in [Thursday's] practice and Friday and doesn't have any setbacks and feels physically ready, then there's a chance he can go." Myers added that practicing means he's getting very close, but said Curry won't be playing if there's "any notion of him having any issues in any area." Expect another update on Friday, but for now consider Curry doubtful for Game 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1611/stephen-curry

tredigs
04-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Wow, huge news if Curry is healthy and back by G1. His return date is obviously the real X factor in this series.

Htownballa1622
04-26-2018, 04:07 PM
I don't really believe in the Pelicans because I don't really believe in Jrue and Rondo tbh.

Warriors should win with or without Curry. Warriors in 5 regardless if Steph comes back or not.

:cool:

I would LOVE to be wrong.

SfgiantsJD3
04-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Wow, huge news if Curry is healthy and back by G1. His return date is obviously the real X factor in this series.

He has been day to day all week. Marcus Thompson speculated a few days ago that he would be ready by game 2 if there were no set backs. I think today and tomorrow are practices against other players so he can get banged around a little bit. If everything looks okay after that they would clear him

tredigs
04-26-2018, 04:49 PM
He has been day to day all week. Marcus Thompson speculated a few days ago that he would be ready by game 2 if there were no set backs. I think today and tomorrow are practices against other players so he can get banged around a little bit. If everything looks okay after that they would clear him

Hm, well I listened to a pod from Marcus Thompson that was recorded yesterday and him + Strauss predicted a G3 return if there were no setbacks (because that's what's been talked about), so this is new news that he could potentially be ready by G1. Thrilled, though.

smith&wesson
04-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Warriors in 6

FlashBolt
04-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Rondo and Jrue won't have their way like they did vs the Blazers. Warriors in 5 or 6.

ewing
04-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Is Rando a HOFer?

SfgiantsJD3
04-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Hm, well I listened to a pod from Marcus Thompson that was recorded yesterday and him + Strauss predicted a G3 return if there were no setbacks (because that's what's been talked about), so this is new news that he could potentially be ready by G1. Thrilled, though.

I might be mistaken, Maybe it was Monte Poole, it was on CSN Bay area after the win over the spurs.

FlashBolt
04-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Rondo can be dirty at times. He would not be afraid to make it a point for his team to attack Curry's ankles. If I am the Warriors, I don't rush Curry in just yet. You will need him against the Rockets.

mightybosstone
04-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Is Rando a HOFer?

No. And I don't think he's remotely close.

mightybosstone
04-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Rondo can be dirty at times. He would not be afraid to make it a point for his team to attack Curry's ankles. If I am the Warriors, I don't rush Curry in just yet. You will need him against the Rockets.

I think they'll base when to play Curry on how the first few games of the series goes. If they win the first two in Golden State, they may opt to keep him out of Round 2 unless New Orleans ties it up at home. But if they lose one or both of those first two home games, I could see the Warriors asking him to play in Game 2 or 3.

ewing
04-26-2018, 05:49 PM
No. And I don't think he's remotely close.

4 time all star, 4 all defense nods, major playoff performer, lead the league is assists 3 times. Still no case?

tredigs
04-26-2018, 05:56 PM
I might be mistaken, Maybe it was Monte Poole, it was on CSN Bay area after the win over the spurs.

Could've been him on another outlet with a different take, not sure.

BUT, I just saw that Curry practiced at 100% and may play G1. This is epic. I can barely ****ing watch this team without him any longer.

tredigs
04-26-2018, 06:02 PM
Is Rando a HOFer?

He's pretty close. He was considered a top 3 guard defender + top 3 playmaker for almost half a decade, had huge moments in the playoffs (and a strong 14/6/9 average over 100 career games there) and like you mentioned 4 All Stars and All D teams.

I'd lean no, but he does have a case.

Scoots
04-26-2018, 06:04 PM
Normally I pester you about hyping up opponents, but I'm in full agreement here.

I'm a believer in the Pels. They have a great combination of offense and defense, and Rondo is a FACTOR in the playoffs. His game just translates well there and he plays with way more effort than the regular season. You can tell he cares about it more. Hell, I maintain that the Bulls would've upset the Celtics last year if Rondo didn't get injured.

And if Jrue can keep up his level of play... this will be a dangerous series for the Curry-less Warriors.

Game 1 is going to tell us a lot. If the Warriors can shut the Pels offense of everyone but AD down it could be ugly for the Pels. Nobody but AD stops AD.

FlashBolt
04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Game 1 is going to tell us a lot. If the Warriors can shut the Pels offense of everyone but AD down it could be ugly for the Pels. Nobody but AD stops AD.

I want to see KD vs AD... Those are the two guys most people would say are very similar in the top five right now.

COOLbeans
04-26-2018, 06:14 PM
Curry won without Durant.

Thompson has always had Curry to lean on.

If Durant is the player everyone says he is, then he should be able to win without Curry as well. I love him as a B.B. player but I canít understand the league Goat hype concerning Durant with all the doubters out there saying Dubs canít do it without Curry. (Pelicans, Rockers or whoever) (and the losses this season also indict Durantís greatness compared to Curryís.

There are no excuses for this Warriors team to lose with or without Curry

FlashBolt
04-26-2018, 07:33 PM

If Durant is the player everyone says he is, then he should be able to win without Curry as well. I love him as a B.B. player but I canít understand the league Goat hype concerning Durant with all the doubters out there saying Dubs canít do it without Curry. (Pelicans, Rockers or whoever) (and the losses this season also indict Durantís greatness compared to Curryís.

Rest of the WC has gotten better and Warriors system spent 7+ years building with Curry as the system. You can change a player much easier than you can change a system.

Heediot
04-26-2018, 08:10 PM
KD isn't the greatest playmaker and doesn't have the greatest vision, so his best bet is to just be a highly efficient scorer. Curry has more ability to control a game with how he can handle the rock and dictate the offense. KD is kind of like AD where the best option is to let these guys score. They are so good at it, but they are more limited in other aspects that aren't as obvious/clear. Without Curry alongside him, it appears his 3 point percentage takes a pretty big hit. I think people play him tighter in the playoffs and he has less space to work with. Guys who can't create their own space and or get to their spots in the playoffs see themselves exposed to certain degrees.

goingfor28
04-27-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to this series. I expect GS to win in 5 or 6, but these Pelicans are a lot better than the Pelicans who were swept by GS a couple years ago. Should be an entertaining series.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
04-27-2018, 03:44 PM

Well said.

Cal827
04-28-2018, 02:55 PM
I expect the Warriors in 6 games. I feel the Pelicans might scare them and take a game in Golden State, but that'll make the Warriors smarten up.

R. Johnson#3
04-28-2018, 05:08 PM
The Pelicans will take games 1 and 3 but they'll lose in 6.

likemystylez
04-28-2018, 09:03 PM
wonder if curry had a setback.... seemed he was on the right track. I thought they said if his body responded well- hed play today.... guess that was BS. Warriors might as well forfeit game 1 and not risk injury to any other players

ewing
04-28-2018, 09:28 PM
wonder if curry had a setback.... seemed he was on the right track. I thought they said if his body responded well- hed play today.... guess that was BS. Warriors might as well forfeit game 1 and not risk injury to any other players

I wouldnít suggest that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 09:30 PM
wonder what you will say tre when the warriors win by 20 without curry... wonder if you will still try the underdog stuff. pelicans get smacked tonight much like the rest of the series and next series vs Houston.

likemystylez
04-28-2018, 10:35 PM
wonder what you will say tre when the warriors win by 20 without curry... wonder if you will still try the underdog stuff. pelicans get smacked tonight much like the rest of the series and next series vs Houston.

warriors couldnt handle manu ginoboli- and hes 40 yrs old. jru holiday is gonna be tough

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Swaggy P?

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Rando coming out strong

tredigs
04-28-2018, 10:43 PM
No Curry means I have Pels +4.5 first half and Pels ML 1st half big. I'll avoid game out of hope.

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:47 PM
uderdog always believes at the start of game one. Pels look good let see if they can keep it up

tredigs
04-28-2018, 10:50 PM
uderdog always believes at the start of game one. Pels look good let see if they can keep it up

Without Curry they're not an underdog, they're a favorite. Home court is the only factor in GS's corner. That's what you boys don't get

tredigs
04-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Respect to KD who is a top 5 player, but until Curry shows up 100%, AD is the best player on the court.

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Respect to KD who is a top 5 player, but until Curry shows up 100%, AD is the best player on the court.

I know you guys need to iso more without Curry but I'm surprised to see Klay being the player that is getting those iso's early

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Btw Rando leads the league in old man skills

ewing
04-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Without Curry they're not an underdog, they're a favorite. Home court is the only factor in GS's corner. That's what you boys don't get

So far the Pels are getting easy looks and the Warriors are not but its still tied.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 10:59 PM

so let me get this right... you honestly think this pelicans team is better than a team with Iggy/Klay/Green/Durant at home... either you are doing what you normally do or you should just tell us how overrated klay/green/durant is. I will wait.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:00 PM

and yet you still have 2 other top 20 players to go along with that top 5 player... durant is a top 2 player in the world but even if you have him as top 5 and AD top 3 having 2 other top 20 players and a damn good defensive bench over shadows whatever the hell the pelicans have.

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:05 PM
I think that is a good move by West. Don't like that offensive foul call

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:06 PM
very impressed by the Pels offensive these playoffs. This group hasn't been together that long and move the ball so well

goingfor28
04-28-2018, 11:09 PM
Without Curry they're not an underdog, they're a favorite. Home court is the only factor in GS's corner. That's what you boys don't getLol that's a load of ****

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:10 PM
so let me get this right... you honestly think this pelicans team is better than a team with Iggy/Klay/Green/Durant at home... either you are doing what you normally do or you should just tell us how overrated klay/green/durant is. I will wait.

Just STFU and let my bets/predictions speak for themselves. I'm 7-7 in the 1st round with the only question mark being the Cavs (who I had winning). I'm smart. You're dumb. Shut up and listen.

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:14 PM
playoff intensity here

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:15 PM
playoff Rando with 7 assists in 8 mins

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:19 PM
Dubs getting a little fortunate. Taking Pels in-play +9.5 for Max bet.

Yashimack
04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Refs calling so many tick tack fouls. Gs been to the line 13 times already at the top of the second

Yashimack
04-28-2018, 11:24 PM
These refs are clearly favoring gs

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:25 PM
i think the refs have been fine. I also think Rando is the best pure passer in the league

Yashimack
04-28-2018, 11:26 PM
So that was a offensive foul on Moore?

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:26 PM
this rash of TOs is killing the Pels

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:27 PM
So that was a offensive foul on Moore?

on the spin move? absolutely.

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Touche', Draymond playing like a top 5 player in the world. Welcome back Homie.

Heading home. GL to your bets

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:31 PM
that was a bad call on Davis

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:31 PM
NO looking a little shook. AD needs to get some buckets, settle em down

Yashimack
04-28-2018, 11:32 PM
You canít be watching the same game. Itís foul call after foul call

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:32 PM
man this is such a tough game... 60 points in the first half with 5 minutes to go and Jrue with 3 fouls... it would be so nice if betting equated to understanding the game but it doesnt : )

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Just STFU and let my bets/predictions speak for themselves. I'm 7-7 in the 1st round with the only question mark being the Cavs (who I had winning). I'm smart. You're dumb. Shut up and listen.

lol @betting.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:34 PM
Touche', Draymond playing like a top 5 player in the world. Welcome back Homie.

Heading home. GL to your bets

no its called the warriors are the warriors and everyone else hasnt caught up... dont worry I will be here for you to kiss the ring after this series and again after they destroy the rockets.

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Yuck

More-Than-Most
lmfao on pace for an 80 point first half and up 21... but yo the pelicans should be favored.

ewing
GS made the adjustment of not defending Rando at all.

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:38 PM
would really like for them to get it to 15 or less by the half

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:38 PM
lol @betting.
I do NOT recommend it for you lol.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:40 PM
I do NOT recommend it for you lol.

lol id bet my house on the warriors... I hate them but nobody else is close even without curry and it was ludicrous for people to even think it.... I have not been wrong in any series If I am not mistaken

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:40 PM
lol uo 28 with likely an 80 point first half without curry.. -not the favorites-

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:41 PM
wow

More-Than-Most
curry doesnt need to play in this series either.

ewing
this is a beat down

More-Than-Most
04-28-2018, 11:42 PM
what a joke this is.

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Wow he knew it had a shot

PhillySportFan
04-28-2018, 11:44 PM
That full court heave though lol

tredigs
04-28-2018, 11:45 PM
lol id bet my house on the warriors... I hate them but nobody else is close even without curry and it was ludicrous for people to even think it.... I have not been wrong in any series If I am not mistaken
To be fair, you don't have a house. Let me see the quote of your bets by the way. 100%? Yeah, prove it (granted, I know to you put nothing on your picks, but let's see what you got).

ewing
That full court heave though lol

I made one of those in a game once and a kid actually yelled at me that it was a lucky shot. Really?

ewing
To be fair, you don't have a house. Let me see the quote of your bets by the way. 100%? Yeah, prove it.

His parents basement counts

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Do I stay up for the start of the 2nd half?

ewing
04-28-2018, 11:55 PM
they played really good basketball for a quarter and a half and are getting killed

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:00 AM
His parents basement counts

this... as long as I keep it clean and be in bed by 9 i get breakfast the next morning... cant beat that.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:04 AM
To be fair, you don't have a house. Let me see the quote of your bets by the way. 100%? Yeah, prove it (granted, I know to you put nothing on your picks, but let's see what you got).

hmm.. i didnt mean bets... i just meant in terms on here of who i said would win. I cant/dont bet... i use to have a gambling addiction when i was like 20 and got away from it.... but its more so I cant afford the luxury of betting... not in terms of my house/car/bills.. all that crap is paid... got a niece i am about to put through temple for animal science and a fathers medical bills because he loses parts of his body every 6 months lol... so yea I dont have the balls to bet if I am being honest... That being said betting is all well and good and i might not be able to do it but i can see/call ******** with your agenda from day 1... you were wrong about the first series in terms of how it was going to be a series and you will be wrong about this but its a win/win for you because if you are right you are right but if you are wrong the warriors still win big... like I said I see right through you.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:11 AM
lol their not even trying and they are up 23.... underdog boys

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:11 AM
make that 26.

Scoots
04-29-2018, 12:13 AM
Tre lives in his parents basement?

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:15 AM

no tre lives in a 24 room mansion because he bets the big bucks.... did i mention that of those 24 rooms 22 of them are bathrooms to keep up with the vast amount of **** he is in fact full of : )

ewing
04-29-2018, 12:24 AM

Yeah he has 9 TVs down there. Pretty sweet

tredigs
04-29-2018, 12:26 AM
This game shall be known as the Draymond Green takeover. As it stands, he has a triple double and had owned AD on both ends.

tredigs
04-29-2018, 12:27 AM
Lol @ the comments. You boys are cute

BKLYNpigeon
04-29-2018, 12:28 AM
The Pelicans will take games 1 and 3 but they'll lose in 6.

wrong.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 12:31 AM
Lol @ the comments. You boys are cute

you are better than this... -kids- remember. Dont mess up what we have by cutting against the grain.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 01:14 AM
clearly the pelicans have the warriors right where they want them... pelicans in 7 because -favorites-

Scoots
04-29-2018, 01:35 AM
I said before the series that the Pelicans hadn't faced a defense like the Warriors are playing. They will make adjustments and the games will probably get closer ... but Curry is coming back next game.

aman_13
04-29-2018, 01:47 AM
I said before the series that the Pelicans hadn't faced a defense like the Warriors are playing. They will make adjustments and the games will probably get closer ... but Curry is coming back next game.

AD needs to assert himself more and they have to find different ways to get him going down hill. They have to run as much offense as they can through him as he's the only one that can gravitate the opposing defense with regularity.

It's just down right unfair though. The Pelicans have to play a perfect road game. The turnovers can't happen, especially the unforced ones.

They have the right idea laying off Green, they should continue to ignore him defensively. If he knocks those threes down, so be it, but those are the ones you have to live with. Even when he's posting up on someone smaller on a switch, stay home.

With all that said, Curry is coming back so that will only create another array of problems.

aman_13
04-29-2018, 01:52 AM
So I check the box score and only see 12 turnovers from the Pelicans. That's not a bad number and they still lose by double digits.

However the rebound disparity is ridiculous, that can't happen.

Bowman53
04-29-2018, 01:54 AM
lol at anyone who thought this series was going 6 or 7. New Orleans just found out this is a different animal they're facing.

zn23
04-29-2018, 02:53 AM
The Warriors/ KD with a "Y'all musta forgot" performance. Just looked like they were on another level.

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 08:30 AM

In most games the warriors like to screw around for the first 15 minutes or so of games. At one point in the season when they were like 38-9 I read that they were trailing at the end of all but like 10 first quarters (and yet they were winning 80% of the games... showing they lacked effort to start games)

If the warriors start games reasonably like they did last night 35-34, then the games dont look as interesting .... to non warriors fans that is

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 12:19 PM
GS desperately needs Curry back!

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 12:19 PM
GS desperately needs Curry back!

indeed

COOLbeans
04-29-2018, 12:45 PM
indeed

indubitably

Warriors in 4 But no more than 5

valade16
04-29-2018, 01:13 PM
How many people are still trying to underestimate how freakishly over talented the Warriors are? It's funny reading the comments at the start of this thread about how much of a threat the Pels could be.

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 01:47 PM
How many people are still trying to underestimate how freakishly over talented the Warriors are? It's funny reading the comments at the start of this thread about how much of a threat the Pels could be.

warriors issues have never been their talent level- they arent very well coached (IE excessive turnover issues and not being focused or prepared for games). Also their effort and presence of mind is ridiculously inconsistent for team with as many experienced vets as they have

Scoots
04-29-2018, 02:03 PM

I was actually more concerned with the Blazers than the Pels. But the Warriors willingness to coast and their injury issues have made them more susceptible than last year.

COOLbeans
04-29-2018, 03:00 PM
warriors issues have never been their talent level- they arent very well coached (IE excessive turnover issues and not being focused or prepared for games). Also their effort and presence of mind is ridiculously inconsistent for team with as many experienced vets as they have

Though I like Kerr a lot. They should just bring back Mark Jackson and end this mess :)

COOLbeans
04-29-2018, 03:02 PM
I was actually more concerned with the Blazers than the Pels. But the Warriors willingness to coast and their injury issues have made them more susceptible than last year.

I as well was more concerned with the Blazers. I feel like peopleís doubts on the Warriors have been spurred by the national media (which is preoccupied with ratings) creating a false narrative that the dubs are beatable and therefore building more intrigue (and views).

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Though I like Kerr a lot. They should just bring back Mark Jackson and end this mess :)

jackson had them more discipline- but he didnt have an effective offensive system for the talent on the warriors. Jackson could coach the thunder though- pure isolation basketball and off ball movement

Missing56&33
04-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Warriors did surprise me a little but I still think the Pelicans can pull it off.

Scoots
04-29-2018, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes:

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Warriors did surprise me a little but I still think the Pelicans can pull it off.

anythings possible- but there really was no indication the pelicans can win 4 games against this warriors team. BTW- the warriors are adding an MVP level player

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Warriors fans convinced themselves this would be a challenging series because they know that's the only way to make this series worth watching.. lol...

tredigs
04-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Warriors fans convinced themselves this would be a challenging series because they know that's the only way to make this series worth watching.. lol...

Eh, I'd be shocked if Jrue and AD get owned that badly again. Mirotic and Rondo were bad too. And that'll be Draymond's best game. What a game it was though! But, Curry's back, so this one is done. Pels should steal a game though, maybe two.

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Eh, I'd be shocked if Jrue and AD get owned that badly again. Mirotic and Rondo were bad too. And that'll be Draymond's best game. What a game it was though! But, Curry's back, so this one is done. Pels should steal a game though, maybe two.

It ain't a challenge though.. we all knew it from the start. Pelicans will be lucky to win a game. AD is great but he's not on KD's level. And Klay Thompson is one of the best 2nd option/3rd option ever in the history of basketball. My God he can flat out score and defend.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2018, 07:53 PM
outside of the top 2 teams the west is overrated as ****... Now the pelicans can get to that next level if they make the one trade they need to make and give up cousins for something big... cousins for wall or BB makes both teams much much better.

tredigs
04-29-2018, 08:00 PM
It ain't a challenge though.. we all knew it from the start. Pelicans will be lucky to win a game. AD is great but he's not on KD's level. And Klay Thompson is one of the best 2nd option/3rd option ever in the history of basketball. My God he can flat out score and defend.
AD is on KD's level. Major overreaction to one bad game from them on here. They're a very good team, and have shown that for months on end now. Golden State is a very tough arena to play in, but they will get their licks in at home, and definitely won't all play that bad again in G2.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:59 PM

Itís every championship team. Reg season becomes boring. True team doesnít come out till 2nd round of playoffs. Why I laugh every year when people judge Bron teams 3 months in to the reg season.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:59 PM
:rolleyes:
😂

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 09:02 PM

AD is on that level, heís just not sourrounded by amazing talent and an amazing system like KD. Heís Drob 2.0

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Itís every championship team. Reg season becomes boring. True team doesnít come out till 2nd round of playoffs. Why I laugh every year when people judge Bron teams 3 months in to the reg season.

1) If the players didnt care during the season, why did KD and Draymond lead the league in technicals

2) Also these inconsistent effort levels and turn overs showed up in the 2016 NBA finals (so the players didnt care about that either??)

likemystylez
04-29-2018, 09:28 PM

I think its more cuz- as warriors fans, we have no clue what effort the players are gonna come out with. I mean- the warriors focus is really all over the place. You really have no clue what to expect from game to game. Ive always thought that offensively teams can have off nights, but if a team is legitimately good defensively- they should be able to be counted on to play solid defense night in and night out- warriors went on a 5- 6 week stretch this year where they were like 23rd in the league in defense- (and there was really no explanation). People kept saying- oh teams come in and play their A game cuz its the warriors, but you could visually see they were just letting guys shoot open 3s..... I mean lonzo ball shot 45% against them.... so you know your not playing even reasonable defense if thats the case

Scoots
05-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Warriors opened sloppy, throwing the ball around, and missing open shots.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Offensive rebounds and turnovers are the story at the moment.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Stephen Curry is a god

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Ahhhhh ... Golden State is back to being LOUD again.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Holy **** I didn't even realize Curry came off the bench and only played 4 minutes. Feed came in late because of Cavs/Raps.

The beginning of that 1st quarter was what I was talking about when I said our boys need to be concerned with the Pelicans if Curry is not back for a few games. They just came into G1 looking out of sorts. They'll be better over the rest of the series (but it won't matter with Curry back I imagine).

TrueFan420
05-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Steph is clearly rusty defensively but damn he just doesn't miss a beat offensively. It's freaking crazy.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 11:16 PM
I picked Warriors in 7 without Curry. With Curry I say Warriors in 5.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Steph is clearly rusty defensively but damn he just doesn't miss a beat offensively. It's freaking crazy.

I think his lateral quickness is going to be lacking for a while here. That's going to hurt him most on D.

TrueFan420
05-01-2018, 11:21 PM
I think his lateral quickness is going to be lacking for a while here. That's going to hurt him most on D.

No doubt but he's also tentative too. And that's likely cause it's his first game back. By the end of the series he won't be tentative even if he hasn't gotten all his lateral quickness back and that will be huge.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 11:25 PM
Holy **** I didn't even realize Curry came off the bench and only played 4 minutes. Feed came in late because of Cavs/Raps.

The beginning of that 1st quarter was what I was talking about when I said our boys need to be concerned with the Pelicans if Curry is not back for a few games. They just came into G1 looking out of sorts. They'll be better over the rest of the series (but it won't matter with Curry back I imagine).

And the Warriors still have a desperate need for a backup shooting guard ... Nick Young started again!

Chapin78
05-01-2018, 11:26 PM
outside of the top 2 teams the west is overrated as ****... Now the pelicans can get to that next level if they make the one trade they need to make and give up cousins for something big... cousins for wall or BB makes both teams much much better.

Wall on the Pels would make them much watch basketball. I think AD is must watch already that would put them on the next level.

Chapin78
05-01-2018, 11:27 PM

That's a solid point. Against the Rockets and that offense it will be noticed no doubt.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Alright can we stop babying Steph with the minutes so much. He can pay 25.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 11:34 PM
If the Pels were in the finals they prob beat whatever east team is there

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Anthony Davis needs to stop doubling the screen.. Let Dray get two easy cuts to the basket.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:36 PM
THIS is playoff basketball. Holy ****, fun game.

Scoots
05-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Wall on the Pels would make them much watch basketball. I think AD is must watch already that would put them on the next level.

The East is already struggling to put on a show ... if Wall moves West that's yet one less star in the East.

And the East is just going to be Boston and Philly and a bunch of teams pretty soon it seems.

Vee-Rex
05-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Lol Klay didn't call glass on that.

Annnnnd it's my bedtime. Hate to miss the rest but gotta hit the gym before work in the morning. Here's hoping I wake up to a Pelicans victory!

AllBall
05-01-2018, 11:46 PM
The Warriors, meh. Nothing new.

AD is the future, damn.

Cal827
05-01-2018, 11:47 PM
I do apologize cause I'm sure I missed something, but why is Steph coming off the bench? I'm assuming it's the Warriors being careful with him?

AllBall
05-01-2018, 11:49 PM
I do apologize cause I'm sure I missed something, but why is Steph coming off the bench? I'm assuming it's the Warriors being careful with him?

Doesn't seem out of the norm. More often than not teams will work a player back into the lineup that way.

tredigs
05-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Lol that quote by MTM is so ridiculous. Utah and especially New Orleans would be the top contenders for the East Finals this year imo. Next year though, I'm not so sure.

ewing
05-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Are the Warriors better without Curry?

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Lol that quote by MTM is so ridiculous. Utah and especially New Orleans would be the top contenders for the East Finals this year imo. Next year though, I'm not so sure.

The sixers and celtics and raptors would stomp the pelicans. Wow this is a close game and all it took was klay having an awful shooting performance which wont last... warriors will win this by 15.

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 12:05 AM

curry is plus 15... so that means GOAT.

ewing
05-02-2018, 12:07 AM

they just won by 30 without him. he screwed up all the rotations

COOLbeans
05-02-2018, 12:08 AM
Curry playoff beard on fleek

tredigs
05-02-2018, 12:14 AM

Plus 19* and counting

TrueFan420
05-02-2018, 12:16 AM
Don't like the call. Just a good hard foul. No intent. No easy layups.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 12:20 AM
For the 2nd game in a row Draymond in AD's head and frankly out playing him. That guy is a born ****ing winner I swear.

TrueFan420
05-02-2018, 12:31 AM
God what a difference watching this game compared to the Raps vs Cavs game earlier. That went to OT and wasn't close to as exciting and good as this has been thru 3 quarters.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 12:37 AM
The Draymond and Curry show. They're playing at an incredible level.

Scoots
05-02-2018, 12:40 AM

Clearly. KD and Klay are 10-34 tonight.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Curry's a +24 in a 3 point spread game, where the next closest is Looney (sharing bench minutes with him) at a +7. Jesus. Let's just let him get on the court for the next few minutes and close this one out so everyone gets more rest now Kerr.

ewing
05-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Clearly. KD and Klay are 10-34 tonight.

I know thought his gravity would get them any shot they wanted

Scoots
05-02-2018, 12:46 AM

It's all a sham. Curry breaks the Warriors.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 12:52 AM

I realize this is a slightly tongue-in-cheek troll, but it's clearly when he's off the court that they've been struggling. Which, they were due a little regression to the mean (both teams) after G1.

ewing
05-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Itís amazing watching Rando not get defended at all

FlashBolt
05-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Davis shot 22 times. Got to the line zero times. What's going on?

tredigs
05-02-2018, 01:00 AM
Great 2nd half of the 4th by KD and Curry with the dagger to put 'em to sleep tonight. Insane game by him off of the time off. That was a ****ing playoff game. Until next time.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 01:01 AM

He got owned by Draymond again is basically what went on.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 01:19 AM
can we fast forward to the WCF a.k.a the real NBA Finals already?

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 01:20 AM
Great 2nd half of the 4th by KD and Curry with the dagger to put 'em to sleep tonight. Insane game by him off of the time off. That was a ****ing playoff game. Until next time.

you need to stop... you are legit being exposed... they were up like 13 with a minute left and decided to toss the ball around and pass up open layups or they would have gone up by 15 plus easily... The pelicans never had a shot

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 01:25 AM
can we fast forward to the WCF a.k.a the real NBA Finals already?

why so we can hear how the warriors should be underdogs while they win in 5. No team has a shot.. they never did... Teams legit better hope for the celtics and sixers to get someone this summer or for the lakers core to grow quickly because the NBA is going to be the warriors--------------------------------------->everyone else by alot... its such a joke there were actual morons who thought they were underdogs lol/

tredigs
05-02-2018, 01:40 AM
you need to stop... you are legit being exposed... they were up like 13 with a minute left and decided to toss the ball around and pass up open layups or they would have gone up by 15 plus easily... The pelicans never had a shot

Lmao, no son, not with Curry on the court. That much was clear tonight. And that much has always been clear. I expect this series to go 5 with Curry back G2. You simply don't respect the Pels, but they are a very good team (again, better than every team in the East, or at least good enough to take them all to 7), and would have put up a pretty good battle against the Curry-less Warriors had they had a few more games without Curry (G1 they sucked, but that wasn't happening again... as we saw in G2 when Curry was not on the floor... which was a lot).

tredigs
05-02-2018, 01:42 AM
I have to learn to stop responding to MTM. Just gets me making fun of and getting serious with the trolls. Night boys, fun night of basketball.

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 01:50 AM
I have to learn to stop responding to MTM. Just gets me making fun of and getting serious with the trolls. Night boys, fun night of basketball.

you mean you got to stop responding because i am the only one that calls you out on your BS.... cant wait to see you spin it next series when they are up 3-0 to the rockets and you finally say clearly we are the greatest team ever lol.. again exposed. You were setting them up as the underdog even though they had 3 top 15 players at home every series because just in case they tossed out a stinker you could say well the other team was that good and we didnt choke.. with or without curry this series was over in 5 but yo... the pelicans were the favorites lmfao.

Vallejo Raiders
05-02-2018, 01:52 AM
why so we can hear how the warriors should be underdogs while they win in 5. No team has a shot.. they never did... Teams legit better hope for the celtics and sixers to get someone this summer or for the lakers core to grow quickly because the NBA is going to be the warriors--------------------------------------->everyone else by alot... its such a joke there were actual morons who thought they were underdogs lol/

Wasn't it The Bulls.........................>everyone eles at on point?
And The Lakers.........................>everyone eles at one point?

How about the mighty Celtics .........................>everyone eles at one point?

Are you new to basketball or just a troll??

Any who it's Dub Nation now.

More-Than-Most
05-02-2018, 01:59 AM

How about the mighty Celtics .........................>everyone eles at one point?

Any who it's Dub Nation now.

its been dubs nation since they choked and cried to durant to join their team.. congrats. None of those teams had 4 top 15 players in basketball and all defensive guys sitting on their bench... none of those guys won the title without adding a top 2 player in the sport and then added said top 2 player in said sport... get over it and yourself... the warriors are not some underdog with the loss of 1 of their players... they are the favorites unless they lose both of curry and Durant at the same time

Its true i dont like the warriors and i love screwing with ahem warriors fans but they are and will be and justifiably so the best in this sport by far and that is what happens when you get the 2nd best player in the world when you have the 3rd best player in the world and 2 top 15 players in the world... the warriors are the best team ever period... if they lose its because they choked... I am sorry but its true... when you are this good you hold that title and when you lose you suffer because you are suppose to be this good... This is the GOAT team and they are so far above the rest of the NBA that 1 player going down isnt that big of a deal... they could beat the rockets without 1 of curry/durant and they should... get over it. They are amazing/great/goat... when you are this good you either win it all or choke... stop trying to play the middle ground.

Sorry but it was a joke listening to how the ****ing warriors are underdogs to this pelicans team without curry when they are at home with durant/klay/green... they arent... they werent and they wont ever be unless lebron or KL goes to the rockets then we can talk... Right now this is BY FAR the best team in basketball and this team could lose a top 2 or 3 best player in the world and still be the best in the world and that is insane,,, You guys will and should win it all... period. The warriors are amazing.

blams
05-02-2018, 08:12 AM

Any who it's Dub Nation now.Give me a break, man. The best team of all time added a top 10 all time player. Not comparable.

The heat were made by Bron. The Warriors were already made he just joined them making them unbeatable barring injury.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WaDe03
05-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Pelicans were robbed honestly, the free throw disparity is ridiculous. How do Jrue and Davis shoot 48 times but have no free throws?

valade16
05-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Why are people desperately clinging to the idea that this series will be in any way competitive? It's over. GS is that good.

Scoots
05-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Pelicans were robbed honestly, the free throw disparity is ridiculous. How do Jrue and Davis shoot 48 times but have no free throws?

The teams were called for almost the same number of fouls. It was officiated fairly consistently, but the Warriors getting fouls early in a quarter resulted in more FTs later in the quarter and the Pels starting quarters a little slower resulted them not getting into the penalty as quickly which results in fewer free throws.

Scoots
05-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Why are people desperately clinging to the idea that this series will be in any way competitive? It's over. GS is that good.

Did anybody actually say the Pels should be favored? I missed that.

The Warriors probably won't shoot that bad as a team again.

Vinylman
05-02-2018, 09:43 AM

yep... the NBA championship round begins in about 10 days

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2018, 10:51 AM

I think the Rockets can take them down both run the same style so the Rockets can run with them all series

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:57 AM

No, not by anyone I saw. I said depending on the length of Curry's absence or how he looked when he got back, the Pelicans could give 'em a fight/scare. Meaning a 6 game series type deal. Not a hot take to anyone paying attention (Vee Rex said he had it in 7, I could have seen that). But the Warriors had their best shooting game in a long time in G1 to the Pels worst shooting game in a long time, so that one was a bust for them. And with Curry back earlier than projected (+taking the team on his back in a game they might not have won last night) and Draymond outplaying Anthony Davis, it's gonna be a quick one.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 11:00 AM
I think the Rockets can take them down both run the same style so the Rockets can run with them all series

If the Warriors win that in 4/5 (granted, some 5 game series include buzzer beater type games that could go either way) it is just a MASSIVE collapse by the Rockets. It should be a fantastic series, and one that GS could lose if they're not firing on all cylinders. The Rockets are in fact that good. And that has been the true Finals all year.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Between CWebb saying Draymond would not start on a number of teams (if your team is not finding a way to start an All NBA Swiss Army knife on both ends, you need a new coach), Chuck keeping on about how he wants to punch him in the face (and Draymond saying Chuck is no different than a Twitter troll :laugh:, and the Pels continually daring him on O, I am especially enjoying the show he is putting on in this series against AD.

18/12/12 +2stl, 2blk and 2 TOV's on 60/43/82. Holding AD in complete check in Oracle (prob won't last entirely, but the damage is done).

COOLbeans
05-02-2018, 12:47 PM
The teams were called for almost the same number of fouls. It was officiated fairly consistently, but the Warriors getting fouls early in a quarter resulted in more FTs later in the quarter and the Pels starting quarters a little slower resulted them not getting into the penalty as quickly which results in fewer free throws.

Preach

COOLbeans
05-02-2018, 12:53 PM
If the Warriors win that in 4/5 (granted, some 5 game series include buzzer beater type games that could go either way) it is just a MASSIVE collapse by the Rockets. It should be a fantastic series, and one that GS could lose if they're not firing on all cylinders. The Rockets are in fact that good. And that has been the true Finals all year.

I agree. The Rockets should be favored in this series. But talent verses talent, the Warriors beat them by a lot. In a way, the Rockets overachieved, and the dubs purposoely took a step back from fighting for the number 1 seed (they donít need it lol)

All of these injuries have been diagnosed more severely than I think they truly were. Kerr and the Warriors ran a scam on the league, and therefore they should not be favored since they didnít have close to the season the Rockets did.

Curry > Harden
Curry > Paul

Durant > Harden
Durant > Paul

Etcetera etcetea

The tomfoolery played on the league and media by Kerr and the Warriors has been masterful

tredigs
05-02-2018, 01:00 PM
I agree. The Rockets should be favored in this series. But talent verses talent, the Warriors beat them by a lot. In a way, the Rockets overachieved, and the dubs purposoely took a step back from fighting for the number 1 seed (they donít need it lol)

All of these injuries have been diagnosed more severely than I think they truly were. Kerr and the Warriors ran a scam on the league, and therefore they should not be favored since they didnít have close to the season the Rockets did.

Curry > Harden
Curry > Paul

Durant > Harden
Durant > Paul

Etcetera etcetea

The tomfoolery played on the league and media by Kerr and the Warriors has been masterful

I don't think the Rockets should be favored, but given that they have HCA, it's not like they're some big underdogs. The Cavs are bigger underdogs to the Raptors, for example (going by betting, the Raps were -190 to win the Cavs series, the Warriors will likely be -120 to -135).

likemystylez
05-02-2018, 01:52 PM

In regards to the foul discrepancy- Davis should go to the line at some point, but if you are just looking at free throws between the 2 teams... thats kinda misleading. If anyone watched the game, theyd see the pelicans had a half dozen fouls at the rim that were flagrant or bordering on flagrant fouls. On Multiple occasions- they were literally trying to tackle guys going to the basket.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Can't wait for the heavyweight match up next series.

Scoots
05-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Too funny

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/991547267147599872

Scoots
05-02-2018, 02:24 PM
The Rockets should not be favored in the next series. Regular season records don't determine the favorite, money does.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 02:42 PM
The Rockets should not be favored in the next series. Regular season records don't determine the favorite, money does.

More so advanced stats and predictive models under the discretion of the bookmakers to make the lines, then that line is fine tuned by the market (the money).

COOLbeans
05-02-2018, 04:44 PM
I don't think the Rockets should be favored, but given that they have HCA, it's not like they're some big underdogs. The Cavs are bigger underdogs to the Raptors, for example (going by betting, the Raps were -190 to win the Cavs series, the Warriors will likely be -120 to -135).

Yes I understand that. But based on the eye test and the apparent brittleness of the Warriors health this year, the Rockets should be favored this season. Harden had a career year, and Durant has been less than stellar while the other guys have been out during various times throughout the season

Saddletramp
05-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Too funny

Still not as petty as kicking guys in the dick.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Still not as petty as kicking guys in the dick.
Lol. I'm not sure you're fully grasping what "pettiness" is.

Saddletramp
05-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Lol. I'm not sure you're fully grasping what "pettiness" is.

Iím just breaking his balls. Shoeís on the other foot and stuff.

nastynice
05-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Too funny

lolll, rondoís awesome. Heís straight old school

COOLbeans
05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
lolll, rondoís awesome. Heís straight old school

Yea he is. Iím a Rondo fan. Dudes not a punk and is really good at basketball

WaDe03
05-02-2018, 08:27 PM

No excuse for 61 shots between Davis Holiday and Moore with 0 free throw attempts.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 08:35 PM
No excuse for 61 shots between Davis Holiday and Moore with 0 free throw attempts.

Feel free to post some examples. You are not naming this horde of missed calls because they don't exist. I can think of a clear one off the top of my head where Curry was fouled at the rim on his left hand, but switched hands and finished with his right. No call. He got his on inducing contact on his jumpers. The Warriors are the smarter/better defense.

kobe4thewinbang
05-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Caught some of the game, feel this was NO's one moment to turn the tide here and have a chance. It's hard when you lose a close one. Now, hey, they could recuperate and win big at home if GS goes cold (we've seen it happen).

Scoots
05-02-2018, 09:58 PM

One has nothing to do with the other.

Scoots
05-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Caught some of the game, feel this was NO's one moment to turn the tide here and have a chance. It's hard when you lose a close one. Now, hey, they could recuperate and win big at home if GS goes cold (we've seen it happen).

The problem there is that the Warriors WERE cold. It was only Curry that was not cold.

tredigs
05-02-2018, 10:45 PM
That Jazz win is huge for the Warriors if they only go 4 or 5. Extra rest. Especially if Utah steals another at home (which they should).

Scoots
05-02-2018, 10:58 PM
The Warriors have to win in a sweep. They don't want to make Kendrick Lamar angry, and game 5 in Oakland is a conflict.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 04:20 AM
friendly reminder that some of us falsely convinced ourselves that Houston has a chance.

TrueFan420
05-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Anyone else see Charles Barkley's "apology" to Dray? Lol dudes a joke. I'm sorry I'd never do that. I meant what I said but I wouldn't do that. It's sad seeing old people that never learned to grow up.

Scoots
05-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Anyone else see Charles Barkley's "apology" to Dray? Lol dudes a joke. I'm sorry I'd never do that. I meant what I said but I wouldn't do that. It's sad seeing old people that never learned to grow up.

Chuck has been cheered for being the same idiot his whole career. At this point his lack of a filter is essentially the same as how we forgive old people for farting.

Scoots
05-03-2018, 12:19 PM
McCaw and Bell have fallen completely out of Kerr's rotations. They may need them for the Rockets, need to get them some run in this series at some point. They are perfect examples of the importance of confidence to NBA players.

ewing
05-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Chuck has been cheered for being the same idiot his whole career. At this point his lack of a filter is essentially the same as how we forgive old people for farting.

I think he is a pretty smart guy

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Chuck is funny and he makes some very valid but harsh arguments. On the other end, he needs to shut his mouth. He speaks terribly of many players and people but do nothing when he's in confrontation with them. LeBron sits down with the crew and Charles Barkley looks so cordial with him but when LeBron isn't there, he talks about LeBron being a baby, how he's constantly crying... now he wants to punch Draymond but he's there laughing it up with him in interviews. Most annoying part of Barkley is he's so inconsistent based on emotions. he's like, "LeBron didn't pass Kobe because Kobe has more rings." Yet, he has Oscar Robertson as a top five player. The hell is he talking about?

Scoots
05-03-2018, 01:29 PM
I think he is a pretty smart guy

Smart, yes. I've never seen a dumb funny person. But he's also done/said idiotic things because he has no filter.

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Ok. The series starts today. Any advice cuz the first 2 games were obvious.

Chronz
05-03-2018, 03:00 PM
friendly reminder that some of us falsely convinced ourselves that Houston has a chance.
They have the best chance. Doesn't mean much given the talent differential

Chronz
05-03-2018, 03:03 PM
He grew up, he's self aware. Young chuck would've swung for the fences. I haven't heard what this dramais aboutbut judging from what my friends havesaid, this isthe most mature bakery has been. Ps I wanted to fix my auto correct but Charles bakery has a nice ring to it

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 03:08 PM
He grew up, he's self aware. Young chuck would've swung for the fences. I haven't heard what this dramais aboutbut judging from what my friends havesaid, this isthe most mature bakery has been. Ps I wanted to fix my auto correct but Charles bakery has a nice ring to it

Barkley hates Draymond because he imagines himself being on the Warriors and winning rings while playing the same role Draymond is playing. Draymond is winning rings and likely has three after this season while Barkley was a much better player and has zero. His distate for Draymond comes from the fact that he's a more talented Draymond with an equally "annoying" persona but Draymond is the one who is winning.

Chronz
05-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Barkley hates Draymond because he imagines himself being on the Warriors and winning rings while playing the same role Draymond is playing. Draymond is winning rings and likely has three after this season while Barkley was a much better player and has zero. His distate for Draymond comes from the fact that he's a more talented Draymond with an equally "annoying" persona but Draymond is the one who is winning.
He allegedly said he didn't literally mean he wanted to punch an nba athlete. If you're an adult, you got the humor

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 03:34 PM
He allegedly said he didn't literally mean he wanted to punch an nba athlete. If you're an adult, you got the humor

Barkley is very blunt. Of course he wouldn't punch Draymond. Draymond would kill him if he ever did. But that doesn't mean he didn't mean what he said. He just knows he can't punch him cause he'll get beaten up.

tredigs
05-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Fan of Chuck Bakery. That said, he didn't grow up, he just has a job where he has to answer to people on occasion now.

valade16
05-03-2018, 07:35 PM

No, but neither did I. People said this series would be competitive, which is a far cry from saying the Pels are favored. Well not a far cry, both are pretty preposterous opinions at this point.

valade16
05-03-2018, 07:37 PM
Yes I understand that. But based on the eye test and the apparent brittleness of the Warriors health this year, the Rockets should be favored this season. Harden had a career year, and Durant has been less than stellar while the other guys have been out during various times throughout the season

Yep, something tells me Vegas won't be relying on the banged up Warriors inferior stats of the regular season if they're fully healthy in their matchup with Houston in the WCF...

tredigs
05-03-2018, 07:38 PM
No, but neither did I. People said this series would be competitive, which is a far cry from saying the Pels are favored. Well not a far cry, both are pretty preposterous opinions at this point.

Curry came back early. This series could very easily be 1-1 going to New Orleans if not. So, no, far from preposterous.

valade16
05-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Curry came back early. This series could very easily be 1-1 going to New Orleans if not. So, no, far from preposterous.

Yes, because it looked like the Warriors were struggling without him lol. The Warriors are going to destroy the Pelicans, and only fools thought otherwise.

tredigs
05-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Yes, because it looked like the Warriors were struggling without him lol. The Warriors are going to destroy the Pelicans, and only fools thought otherwise.

They weren't playing great. "only fools thought otherwise". As a terrible judge of talent and the game in general, I'll take that as a backhanded compliment.

ewing
05-03-2018, 10:48 PM
Nvm

Vee-Rex
05-04-2018, 12:08 PM

Everything went right for the Warriors game 1. They're a helluva team in Oracle and they still got a ton of talent even without Curry. But I think you're underestimating the Pels if you thought they would just get run over by the Curry-less Warriors. And while it was just a small sample size, you could clearly see the difference in game 2 with and without Curry. It was night and day. It's not hard to imagine the Pels stealing that one from them and winning HCA if Curry wasn't playing. Hell, they almost did it even with Curry getting some valuable minutes.

Hey, I'd love for the Warriors to lose and I won't hide from the fact that they're the most talented team ever when fully healthy and it feels hopeless for the rest of the league. I'm against them as much as the next person. But Curry is an enormous piece of that and they become beatable without him.

COOLbeans
05-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Everything went right for the Warriors game 1. They're a helluva team in Oracle and they still got a ton of talent even without Curry. But I think you're underestimating the Pels if you thought they would just get run over by the Curry-less Warriors. And while it was just a small sample size, you could clearly see the difference in game 2 with and without Curry. It was night and day. It's not hard to imagine the Pels stealing that one from them and winning HCA if Curry wasn't playing. Hell, they almost did it even with Curry getting some valuable minutes.

Hey, I'd love for the Warriors to lose and I won't hide from the fact that they're the most talented team ever when fully healthy and it feels hopeless for the rest of the league. I'm against them as much as the next person. But Curry is an enormous piece of that and they become beatable without him.

These are whatifs. There is no way of knowing if youíre right since Curry is back. So no need to make assumptions based on incomplete information.

What do we know? The Warriors Easily handles the Pelicans game 1 without Curry. We also know that Durant is better than Davis and Thompson and Draymond are better than Holiday and Mirotic.

Sure they couldíve won 1 game, but there is no evidence to suggest that NO wouldíve made this a competivie series.

Your assumption is worse than Spurs fans thinking they had a chance last year before Leonard went down.

kdspurman
05-04-2018, 04:05 PM
These are whatifs. There is no way of knowing if youíre right since Curry is back. So no need to make assumptions based on incomplete information.

What do we know? The Warriors Easily handles the Pelicans game 1 without Curry. We also know that Durant is better than Davis and Thompson and Draymond are better than Holiday and Mirotic.

Sure they couldíve won 1 game, but there is no evidence to suggest that NO wouldíve made this a competivie series.

Your assumption is worse than Spurs fans thinking they had a chance last year before Leonard went down.

That assumption isn't even that bad :confused:

There is no way of knowing what would've happened since he did get injured (just like you said in your second sentence)

And in your 2nd paragraph, you stated what we do know (Re Curryless Warriors vs Pels) with the small sample size at hand. Like Spurs fans and others who thought they had a chance can't do that same thing with Kawhi in lineup vs out (?)

valade16
05-04-2018, 05:55 PM
They weren't playing great. "only fools thought otherwise". As a terrible judge of talent and the game in general, I'll take that as a backhanded compliment.

Lol, you do whatever you have to do to keep up your delusions.

I wonder what you'll say when this series is over in 4/5?

What's funny is even when you're dead wrong you come out thinking you somehow outsmarted everyone else.

valade16
05-04-2018, 05:56 PM

Did you think, healthy Curry or not, the Pels were seriously going to beat the Warriors?

nastynice
05-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Dray and Rondo! :clap::clap:

tredigs
05-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Lol, you do whatever you have to do to keep up your delusions.

I wonder what you'll say when this series is over in 4/5?

What's funny is even when you're dead wrong you come out thinking you somehow outsmarted everyone else.

"Delusions" lol. Stop being such a ****ing clown and so shook by the Warriors (like most here) that you can't see the reality of a current situation. Curry's back. This SHOULD be 4 or 5. That was my prediction in fact (5). And that was thinking Curry was coming back in G3. There was a moment before the series where his status was completely up in the air though, and they had no official timetable for his return. At THAT point, I considered the Pels a threat to push 6 or possibly 7. Which, they very easily could have. This Warriors team without Curry has been worse than the Pels the past few months, and did not look like world beaters against a severely undermanned Spurs squad. Their first impressive game in a LONG time was that G1 against New Orleans, and there is no chance their level of shooting was going to sustain throughout the series at that games level, and vice versa for the struggles from New Orleans. It would have been pretty good matchup, without question.

Anyway, back to reality. As Curry is back early (they'd have lost without him their last game most likely mind you) and they have no chance to truly push the Warriors. They could win a game or maybe two still if things break their way though, they're definitely good enough.

ewing
05-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Rando 2 Pts 10 assist and let everyone know itís a competition

AllBall
05-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Pels looking sexy tonight

More-Than-Most
05-04-2018, 09:50 PM
maybe ewing was right... maybe the warriors are better without curry :laugh:

More-Than-Most
05-04-2018, 09:52 PM
"Delusions" lol. Stop being such a ****ing clown and so shook by the Warriors (like most here) that you can't see the reality of a current situation. Curry's back. This SHOULD be 4 or 5. That was my prediction in fact (5). And that was thinking Curry was coming back in G3. There was a moment before the series where his status was completely up in the air though, and they had no official timetable for his return. At THAT point, I considered the Pels a threat to push 6 or possibly 7. Which, they very easily could have. This Warriors team without Curry has been worse than the Pels the past few months, and did not look like world beaters against a severely undermanned Spurs squad. Their first impressive game in a LONG time was that G1 against New Orleans, and there is no chance their level of shooting was going to sustain throughout the series at that games level, and vice versa for the struggles from New Orleans. It would have been pretty good matchup, without question.

Anyway, back to reality. As Curry is back early (they'd have lost without him their last game most likely mind you) and they have no chance to truly push the Warriors. They could win a game or maybe two still if things break their way though, they're definitely good enough.

lol if curry wasnt back it would likely be over in 4... now its going 5 because of this performance tonight at least.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 09:56 PM
lol if curry wasnt back it would likely be over in 4... now its going 5 because of this performance tonight at least.

Hahahaha. Nice try to save your stupidity being put on blast once again.

This one's done. Who could've thought this New Orleans team stood a chance to win a game here? Crazy! Just crazy I tell you.

Oh, everyone who's watched them play the past 3 months. Nevermind.

FlashBolt
05-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Game's not over.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Game's not over.

This one's over. Klay already went nova for a quarter and we were still behind. The KD/Klay/Green lineup got absolutely roasted, and when Curry was in it wasn't much better. If they can't cut it to less than 12 with 5 minutes to go, just rest them.

More-Than-Most
05-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Hahahaha. Nice try to save your stupidity being put on blast once again.

This one's done. Who could've thought this New Orleans team stood a chance to win a game here? Crazy! Just crazy I tell you.

Oh, everyone who's watched them play the past 3 months. Nevermind.

lol well when curry shoots 4-16 in 3 quarters no **** they are losing.

Htownballa1622
05-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Just turned on game. I'm pretty shocked. Pleasantly surprised though because I thought dubs would run off and rest up for wcf.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 10:01 PM
lol well when curry shoots 4-16 in 3 quarters no **** they are losing.

Contrary to dumb people's opinion, he's a lot more than a shooter (guy has 4 steals and 2 blocks while not fouling tonight, for example), and they've been even worse when he's not on the floor. So, your logic (shockingly), doesn't hold any weight. This game was bound to happen. And if Curry didn't save their *** in G2, they'd be down 1-2 in this series right now. The Pels are a very good team.

More-Than-Most
05-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Contrary to dumb people's opinion, he's a lot more than a shooter (guy has 4 steals and 2 blocks while not fouling tonight, for example), and they've been even worse when he's not on the floor. So, your logic (shockingly), doesn't hold any weight. This game was bound to happen. And if Curry didn't save their *** in G2, they'd be down 1-2 in this series right now. The Pels are a very good team.

i love how you have literally lost basketball knowledge over the years... you talked so much **** about embiid/ben because of either plus/minus or poor shooting time and time again but now that is your argument because curry is being piss poor and the warriors are losing because of him? Could you honestly talk out of your *** any more in terms of trying to make any argument for your warriors fit. ... But yo... plus/minus xD

tredigs
05-04-2018, 10:09 PM
The Warriors would NEVER have their starters in for a reg season game down 20+ with 6 minutes to go. Ditto NO on the other end. Get the subs in and let's move on to G4.

tredigs
05-04-2018, 10:11 PM
i love how you have literally lost basketball knowledge over the years... you talked so much **** about embiid/ben because of either plus/minus or poor shooting time and time again but now that is your argument because curry is being piss poor and the warriors are losing because of him? Could you honestly talk out of your *** any more in terms of trying to make any argument for your warriors fit. ... But yo... plus/minus xD

You're so far below any level to even discuss ball with dude. I don't even know where to start with your comments to be perfectly honest. You gotta start being funnier. Because this shtick doesn't suit you.