PDA

View Full Version : Hawks and Bud Mutually Agree To Part Ways per WOJ

HandsOnTheWheel
04-25-2018, 10:11 PM

Won 2015 COY and is an elite coach IMO. Which teams can use him?

NYKnickFanatic
04-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Knicks

TrueFan420
04-25-2018, 11:21 PM
A lot of teams could use him. Hope he chooses well.

tredigs
04-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Not too often a head coach wants to leave his job, but that was the case with Bud the past year. It's a big get for NY if they can reel him in. I feel like he'd rather go to a team with more talent, especially with some uncertainty about Kristaps knee going forward. The Knicks just offer no current path to a title. They have a lot of work to do just to rebuild (like shed a ton of salary). I'd go to either Portland (if it opens up) or Phoenix if I had my choice. With Phoenix having a top 3 pick (prob #1), that would be very tempting, especially if he got say in the pick.

D-Leethal
04-26-2018, 09:09 AM
Not too often a head coach wants to leave his job, but that was the case with Bud the past year. It's a big get for NY if they can reel him in. I feel like he'd rather go to a team with more talent, especially with some uncertainty about Kristaps knee going forward. The Knicks just offer no current path to a title. They have a lot of work to do just to rebuild (like shed a ton of salary). I'd go to either Portland (if it opens up) or Phoenix if I had my choice. With Phoenix having a top 3 pick (prob #1), that would be very tempting, especially if he got say in the pick.

He wants the Knicks job according to everything I've read - and withdrew his name from the PHX gig.

ewing
04-26-2018, 09:14 AM
He wants the Knicks job according to everything I've read - and withdrew his name from the PHX gig.

That's surprising.

D-Leethal
04-26-2018, 10:37 AM
That's surprising.

If they offered him the job, hed say yes, a source told Marc Berman of The New York Post. He wants to live in New York.

I worry about Milwaukee, Knicks better hire this guy ASAP.

Scoots
04-26-2018, 10:57 AM
If the Knicks front office can leave him alone this can be huge for them.

tredigs
04-26-2018, 12:28 PM

That's crazy, good for the Knicks. That's the pull of NY for ya.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Yeah I believe we already interviewed him... seems it's between him, Fizdale & Stackhouse right now, but guessing Bud may be in the lead in the eyes of Knicks brass just based on what I'm hearing.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2018, 01:46 PM
That's crazy, good for the Knicks. That's the pull of NY for ya.

Yeah I've read he loves NY and wants to live here, which I think is part of it from Bud's angle.

Vee-Rex
04-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Wish we had him instead of Lue.

Bud sounds like the coach that got into the spat with the owner for not tanking at the end of the season (won 2 road games vs. Boston and Washington). Saw this coming for sure.

Vee-Rex
04-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Bud is a good coach, if NY gets him that will be fantastic for the Knicks.

Heediot
04-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Good x's and o's coach, opposite of Lue. Would prefer Lue in clutch/stressful situations.

kdspurman
04-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Good x's and o's coach, opposite of Lue. Would prefer Lue in clutch/stressful situations.

Isn't that when Lebron takes over anyway? :D

But I would say Bud is definitely poised and well versed in clutch/stressful situations. He spent 18 years with Pop, and I have seen when he takes over a game Pop missed or got ejected, he does some good things.

I wish he would've stayed, so when Pop hangs em' up he could take over.

Heediot
04-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Isn't that when Lebron takes over anyway? :D

But I would say Bud is definitely poised and well versed in clutch/stressful situations. He spent 18 years with Pop, and I have seen when he takes over a game Pop missed or got ejected, he does some good things.

I wish he would've stayed, so when Pop hangs em' up he could take over.

As much flack as Lue gets, I like his poise. Maybe coaching Bron gives him that poise, but I like the vibe from him. I just don't get the same feel from Bud, but your more exposed to him then I am, so I;ll take that for whta it's worth.

mrblisterdundee
04-26-2018, 05:01 PM
If I were Bud, I'd prefer coaching Giannis in Milwaukee.

ewing
04-26-2018, 05:31 PM
His name really rolls off the tongue

D-Leethal
04-26-2018, 09:20 PM
If I were Bud, I'd prefer coaching Giannis in Milwaukee.

Most would - except for the whole Milwaukee part.